RMA of Connecticut

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
103 Newtown Road
Danbury, CT 06810
203-731-2520
Fishkill
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
761 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
203-750-7400
1290 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06905
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 29Neutral: 5Don't recommend: 49.1
Every single nurse I have met in this practice has been wonderful...I wouldn’t mind transferring two embryos, however the office will only transfer one at a time due to success rates and high risk pregnancy.....You never expect to be in this position, but RMACT does a great job at making you feel comfortable and hopeful in making a family. ...[Monitoring Appointments] First come, first serve between 7-8 am. I always tried to be there first!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
You never expect to be in this position, but RMACT does a great job at making you feel comfortable and hopeful in making a family. I really don’t have anything negative to say about the practice except I wish they were located in my town! Lots of very early mornings gets tough, but I remind myself it’s worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Herwitz and my nurse know me by name, are interested in your personal life and hobbies outside of being their patient, have called me later after office hours to let me know important information or ask how I am doing, and are always welcoming, kind and willing to have any conversations to answer any of my questions and keep me calm throughout stressful situations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Pat Jones )
Every single nurse I have met in this practice has been wonderful. My specific nurse is so sweet, will answer all of my crazy questions (which happens often!) and sincerely wants the best for us.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with dr Herwitz has always been wonderful. He always explains treatment options, which he would recommend most, but is behind you 100% whichever you decide. He was supportive through our miscarriage but continued to keep me thinking positive and understanding that he was going to do whatever it took to help us have a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Trust the process. It can be a process, and I’m still in the middle of it, but it’s all worth it.
Describe the protocols Joshua Hurwitz used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
-Clomid (no response) so added femara: IUI 1: negative test -Femara and follistim: IUI 2: positive test, miscarriage at 9 weeks (chromosome abnormality) -Femara and follistim: negative test - IVF with menopur, other injectables (names?) 19 eggs retrieved 7 normal embryos after PGS testing that are frozen Transferring one TOMORROW!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
First come, first serve between 7-8 am. I always tried to be there first!
Describe Joshua Hurwitz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [RMA of Connecticut] is clean, welcoming and efficient. It’s rare to have to wait a long time even during the busy monitoring hours in the morning. A weakness is that not all blood tests results are communicated.... My nurse was very good with calling me with pregnancy results and was compassionate. Her emails are short and brief and sometimes confusing.... $6,000 for three IUIs due to no fertility coverage through my insurance.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic is clean, welcoming and efficient. It’s rare to have to wait a long time even during the busy monitoring hours in the morning. A weakness is that not all blood tests results are communicated.
Dr. Hurwitz is very compassionate and aware of the details of our situation. He’s honest and warm. He gives you all of his attention when you meet with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
My nurse was very good with calling me with pregnancy results and was compassionate. Her emails are short and brief and sometimes confusing. Once I ask for clarif
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz is warm and compassionate. He’s thorough and takes time to answer your questions in sit down appointments. He only did one of my IUI’s which was disappointing. The other doctors were great but I felt more secure knowing that he knew all the details of our situation. They are very busy so he let me know he most likely wouldn’t be able to do all of our IUIs.
Be prepared with all of your questions because he will address them. Write them down in advance.
I have one blocked tube due to unknown causes. 1st IUI, Letrozole followed by 75 IUs of Gonal-F completed with the trigger shot. I tested low for progesterone and estrogen and began supplements two days after IUI. IUI’s two and three followed the same protocol except Gonal F was increased to 100 IUs. One egg on each side for IUI Number one. Three on the open side for IUI numbers two and three and two eggs on closed side. The hope was to have matured eggs on the open side. All IUIs resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut.
$6,000 for three IUIs due to no fertility coverage through my insurance. IVF runs between $15,000-$20,000 for one out of pocket cycle. All blood tests covered under my health insurance except for genetic screening.
Danbury
Everyone there [RMA-Stamford] was extremely helpful. There were scenarios in which I wasn't able to make it to the office for bloodwork and they were able to work with my schedule while also workin within their protocol. Everyone was extremely professional.... The other doctors are very kind and professional. Obviously not everytime I would see the same doctor, but there were times I wish I knew ahead of time which doctor would be in the office to see me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut?
When we first met Dr. Richlin, he wanted to know about us. Who we were, what we did. Then we got into the details of what was happening. He assessed our levels and explained everything very clearly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kirsten H)
Everyone there was extremely helpful. There were scenarios in which I wasn't able to make it to the office for bloodwork and they were able to work with my schedule while also workin within their protocol. Everyone was extremely professional.
How was your experience with Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut?
He was very understanding and put us at ease. He explained to us step by step and was able to tell us what will happen next and what he suggested. He did factor in our opinions. When we were paying out of pocket for the treatments (insurance didn't cover anything) and had 4 failed timed intercourse (letrozole medicine, ovidrel shot) cycles, we were hesitant to continue with another round of timed intercourse. He sat down with us and weighed our options, doing another round of timed intercourse vs jumping into ivf cycle. The only thing I was hesitant about, was when we initially came to meet him, prior to any treatment, he seemed way more optimistic than he should've I felt. He said you should have no problem getting pregnant based on my levels. And it's been almost 9 months later and.... no success with anything. It's certainly not his fault what So ever, just wish he didn't give me that false hope in the beginning of treatment. But overall, he's been cheering us on, and helping us along the way with any details.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut?
Understand he isn't G-d. He isn't guaranteeing a pregnancy, so don't be too hopeful (no way near his fault). He is there to guide us professionally and maximize our opportunity to get pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut.
I had to pay for everything out of pocket, which every cycle with a timed intercourse was 2000 dollars. Prior to that I had several tests done which in itself was closer to 3000. Medicine was also not included.
Describe Spencer Richlin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
As of 2017, in CT, it is a law they are no longer allowed to implant more than one embryo during each time, unless there is a certain circumstance (e.g. above 35 yrs old)
Tubal Blockage, Other
Strengths: RMACT offers specific monitoring hours where you can come in between 7am-8am for your monitoring without an appointment. They are fast and efficient in handling the amount of patients in the waiting room in the morning... Weaknesses: The financial piece can be difficult to understand....We are currently experiencing a miscommunication between the initial paperwork we signed about the cost of our upcoming IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths: RMACT offers specific monitoring hours where you can come in between 7am-8am for your monitoring without an appointment. They are fast and efficient in handling the amount of patients in the waiting room in the morning. It seems that every staff member they hire must be personable, compassionate, and committed to your care and success. They all take the time to get to know you, remember your name, and things about you. The office is clean, bright, modern, and comfortable. They also have an acupuncturist and nutritionist working out of the office. Weaknesses: The financial piece can be difficult to understand. This has been our only frustrating experience in terms of communication. I would want a new patient to know that you are going to an excellent clinic where you will be seeing complete experts in the fertility field. Their services tend to run more expensive than other clinics, however, I feel that it is worth the extra cost.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Murdock always greets us personally in the waiting room of the clinic. She remembers our names, occupations, and our fertility situations. Whenever we have an appointment or consultation with her she is well-prepared with all of the details of our case. She has also called personally with test results when things are especially concerning instead of having a nurse call.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira)
My nurse, Kathy Ferreira and patient navigator, Chelsea Merwin have been wonderful to work with. They are fast to respond to phone calls and e-mails and are very patient with my questions. I have also seen many other nurses and medical assistants at RMACT and they are the most personable and organized medical staff I have ever seen.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Murdock is a very thorough and trustworthy physician. She has taken every precaution with even the slightest of concerning test results, making sure we follow up with every avenue possible. She is easy to communicate with and patient with questions. She has always explained our treatments and diagnoses well in detail to make sure that we understand what is going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
I would suggest being prepared with your questions when you go into your appointment. Dr. Murdock does spend a lot of time making sure she explains your situation so you want to make sure that your questions are covered.
Describe the protocols Cynthia Murdock used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
Dr. Murdock first performed full fertility panel of bloodwork, saline sonogram, and HSG. The bloodwork shows Hypothyroidism and she did further bloodwork to confirm, then referred me to a wonderful medical endocrinologist for follow up (who then diagnosed me with Hashimoto's). The HSG showed a hydrosalpinx in my right fallopian tube. Dr. Murdock suggested surgery to remove the tube (salpingectomy) and referred me to an OB surgeon for this surgery, which was successful. After my thyroid leveled out and my tubal was removed, we moved forward with IUI with the following protocol: Clomid 100mg CD3-7, monitoring day 3 & 12, Ovidrel 250 trigger CD12, IUI CD14. We followed this protocol three times because Dr. Murdock felt it was our best option. She had previously recommended injectible medications for our second IUI protocol, but my insurance company denied the approval for the meds and the cycle. We are starting IVF around April and won't have our protocol until then.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut.
IUIs were billed to the insurance at around $6,000 per cycle. IVF egg retrieval cycle costs $9500. Egg retrieval costs $5700. PGS testing costs $3725 and associated embryo freezing costs $1200.
2011 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
In all communication with anyone in the office [RMA], I felt like they knew who I was and what my general and/or recent history was. Everyone including the receptionists, lab techs, nurses and practioners were friendly and helpful...my financial advisor had moved to a new position and I had difficulty getting accurate information from the several financial advisors I was assigned to over the next couple of years.
2011 - 2018
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Overall very organized and compassionate group of people who really know what they're doing. There was 1 physician that I did not like at all, but the others were fantastic. When we returned to the clinic for a FET after our successful pregnancy, my financial advisor had moved to a new position and I had difficulty getting accurate information from the several financial advisors I was assigned to over the next couple of years. Despite having frozen embryos, I also wished I had been told sooner that I likely had DOR
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
In all communication with anyone in the office, I felt like they knew who I was and what my general and/or recent history was. Everyone including the receptionists, lab techs, nurses and practioners were friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo and Mary ?)
They were all very good
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
He is compassionate and kind and took his time with us. He once called me on his weekend off because the nurse told him I was upset. He made me feel like he had our best interests in mind. He was very up front about our chances of success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
His office is quite far from where we live and he does not usually have office hours closer.
Describe the protocols Mark Leondires used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
We did 6 IUI cycles - 2 with Clomid, 2 or 3 with combined Clomid and injectables and 1 or 2 with injectables alone. I believe he told us he would have moved on to IVF sooner, but our insurance covered 6 IUI cycles and no IVF so he wanted to exhaust the covered services before subjecting us to a fully self-pay service. We finally did one IVF cycle and transferred 2 of 14 embryos and froze 4 more. We had 1 full term singleton birth from the first IVF cycle. The remaining embryos were genetically tested but 3 of the 4 didn't survive the thaw. We later attempted 2 FET cycles with the last remaining embryo (delayed for more than a year due to complications, need for further testing and travel to a Zika zone). The first was cancelled before transfer for unfavorable uterine lining. The second resulted in an early miscarriage.
Usually very quick and organized. On weekdays, I could go to any of the 4 offices for monitoring. Even on weekends when all patients were at the same office, it was never too long of a wait, nor did the practitioners seem rushed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut.
About $30000 total for copays & deductibles, IVF, genetic testing of embryos and FET
Describe Mark Leondires's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
He briefly mentioned eSET for our 2nd cycle but it became irrelevant when 3 of the 4 frozen embryos were lost
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Strengths are that it is a top of the line clinic [RMA - Norwalk] with it's cleanliness, technology, and capabilities. They also focus on the whole body and offer yoga, acupuncture, and support groups! Weaknesses are with the lack of compassion in some of the staff...Also would say communication is sometimes lacking...I'm also unhappy and disheartened that there was also a mistake when information that I relayed to a doctor was put into the wrong patient's file. This ultimately caused the lab to not freeze the last bit of donor sperm that I had.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths are that it is a top of the line clinic with it's cleanliness, technology, and capabilities. They also focus on the whole body and offer yoga, acupuncture, and support groups! Weaknesses are with the lack of compassion in some of the staff. I know they do this for a living but I think it's critical for them to remember the patients they are dealing with. Also would say communication is sometimes lacking. If I didn't do research and ask a million questions there are some things that would've never been revealed. I'm also unhappy and disheartened that there was also a mistake when information that I relayed to a doctor was put into the wrong patient's file. This ultimately caused the lab to not freeze the last bit of donor sperm that I had.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
All talk was robotic and clinical. Have seen him for over a year and don't think he even knows what I do professionally. Whereas another doctor knew asked and learned more about me during one monitoring session
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
My primary nurse was very knowledgeable and organized. But lacked in tenderness and compassion. The blood draw nurses were sweet. And the nurses in the egg retrieval section were amazing!!
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Strengths include a calm, relaxing demeanor. If you're an anxious patient you would do well with him. But he's very impersonal and I felt like just a number. I am a single mom to be and did not feel well taken care of on an emotional level.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
If you need a calm, reassuring demeanor, you'll like him. If you want a doctor that treats you as a person with a life and feelings you might want to go with someone else.
Describe the protocols Shaun Williams used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
No "infertility" issues per say. Just a single female that wants a baby. So started with a clomid/trigger IUI. 2nd IUI clomid was upped and follistim added. Resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 3rd IUI was follistim and trigger and was negative. Just had my first egg retrieval for IVF #1 and used follistim, menopur, ganirelix and hCG trigger. Resulted in 20 eggs retrieved.
They were pretty organized as long as you got there at 7 am on the dot. The closest office is about 30 minutes away and in order to get seen and get out and get to work on time I needed to be there the minute they opened.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut.
After 3 IUIs using donor sperm I've charged about $7,000 for sperm, deductibles, and meds.
Describe Shaun Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
Doctor originally recommended transferring 2 due to my age (38). After retrieval, he stated that my embryo development was above average for someone my age and he now recommends 1. So I'm confused and overwhelmed at the decision.
Norwalk
This clinic [RMA of Connecticut] is beautiful, clean, and well organized. The staff is excellent. The clinic is bright and welcoming, and I always feel comfortable when I am there. It does not feel like a 'sterile' environment.... Most of the nurses I encountered were warm and friendly. My nurse coordinator sometimes seemed a bit cold, but besides that I never had a negative experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
This clinic is beautiful, clean, and well organized. The staff is excellent. The clinic is bright and welcoming, and I always feel comfortable when I am there. It does not feel like a 'sterile' environment. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
Dr. Richlin took the time to get to know my situation and my husband's situation and made sure we understood everything that was going on. He answered our questions thoughtfully and I never felt rushed. He was very helpful and encouraging.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kirsten)
How was your experience with Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with Dr. Richlin was very positive. The first time I met with him, I met with him on my own and he was very reassuring and helpful. Each staff member that I encountered was friendly and welcoming and made sure I was comfortable. Questions were always answered promptly if I was unable to get in contact with someone right away.
He is very reassuring, almost to the point that I felt there was no way my treatments wouldn't work. Unfortunately, I have not gotten pregnant yet and felt very disappointed each time, which is to be expected. The advice I would give is to remember that nothing is guaranteed, a doctor can't possibly know for sure if something will work for you so...I would say be cautiously optimistic.
Describe the protocols Spencer Richlin used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
Dr. Richlin recommended I try timed intercourse with Clomid. The first dose of clomid was too little and follicles did not grow large enough for the trigger shot. He gave me a higher dose of clomid immediately, which did the trick as my follicles were large enough for a trigger shot. I gave myself the trigger shot as directed, ovulated, and had timed intercourse as directed. I went in for a blood test about two weeks later and it was negative. I then began my next cycle with the larger dose of Clomid and did the whole thing all over again the same way with the same results. For the third round it was recommended that I switch to letrozole, but I declined to go for another round because there was some factors in my life that caused me to need to put things on hold.
My insurance covered everything.
PCOS, Other
The clinic [RMA] had a new office and a clean, modern look...I like the holistic approach and used yoga and acupuncture. I also attended a few free events which helped me through my treatment....I also found the staff to be very friendly and understanding when I had difficulty scheduling an appointment. Whenever I saw a different doctor for monitoring, I felt like even though they didn't consult with me prior that they cared about me... I sometimes had to wait 10-20 minutes to be seen but usually only on the busy days like Monday mornings.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic had a new office and a clean, modern look. It was quite the upgrade from prior doctors' offices that have the old medical building feel. They treat the whole patient and offer so many services which I utilized! I like the holistic approach and used yoga and acupuncture. I also attended a few free events which helped me through my treatment. They have great rates for my age group. I also found the staff to be very friendly and understanding when I had difficulty scheduling an appointment. Whenever I saw a different doctor for monitoring, I felt like even though they didn't consult with me prior that they cared about me.
Dr. Williams always took the time to explain things to me. He related with me and made me feel like my case was unique to him even though I am sure it was not based on his extensive experience. I felt cared for by him, like he was invested in my care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
She was always available to me via email or phone. She was kind, caring, and helped me to coordinate my cycle despite my crazy work schedule!
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Williams is a very compassionate and hands on doctor. He took the time to explain everything to me even when I asked the same questions over and over. My diagnosis was hard to process and I felt like he was invested in my care. He shared more than just clinical ideas on how to improve my chances which meant a lot to me considering I like holistic approached to my health as well. He treated me like a person and seemed genuinely happy when I achieved positive results. I felt cared for by him and never questioned his competency which says a lot for me since I have had negative experiences with doctors that shook my trust in the past at prior centers. He is soft and gentle in his care.
Book an appointment with him!
I came to Dr. Williams with a balanced translocation and he uncovered PCOS as well which meant I would have difficulty keeping a pregnancy if I was so lucky as to achieve it to begin with considering I did not ovulate regularly. He didn't push me into IVF and allowed me to make the decision for myself. I could go forward with an IUI armed with the knowledge that I might miscarry or go to IVF with genetic testing of the embryos prior to transfer. I felt supported completely with whatever decision I made and eventually chose to do IVF which I'm so grateful that I did.
It was first come first serve. I sometimes had to wait 10-20 minutes to be seen but usually only on the busy days like Monday mornings. They were quick, in and out appointments however I never felt rushed if I had additional questions that day.
I compared pricing for the services that I needed since I needed IVF and PGS testing. They were the most reasonably pricing considering I was a self pay patient. They also offered the only self pay IVF packages that included medications, too. Some facilities made me feel like they were the cheaper option because they had a lower quote but what they don't tell you (and I wouldn't have known if I didn't dig deeper) is that they didn't include meds which added thousands! In the end, RMA was the cheapest option.
Considering I genetically screened my embryos and was 28 during my first transfer, it was strongly recommended to me to transfer one embryo. He thoroughly explained the risks associated with multiples.
2013 - 2017
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
RMA CT is a well-oiled machine. Wait times are short, they are organized and their use of iPads makes it easy to go to different offices for monitoring and appointments, as I often did. The only weakness I can say is that their Finance department can use some work. There was a few times that my finance coordinator gave me incorrect information that caused a lot of back and forth and wasted time. For the most part, they were OK though.
2013 - 2017
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Dr. Hurwitz consistently went above and beyond for me time after time to make sure that was actively engaged in my care and was emotionally and physically doing OK and taken care of. I have had a very rocky road over the past 5 years and truly couldn't have made it through all of the ups and downs without him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen and then Nora)
I started off with Kathleen as my nurse (she's no longer there), who was wonderful. Once we decided to go the gestational carrier route, I was transferred to the Third Party team. Being a long standing patient for years, I was nervous about changing teams and getting a new nurse, but my nurse Nora and I couldn't have been a better match! She is awesome - super organized, compassionate, responsive, knows her stuff and funny!
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz patiently answered all of my endless questions, as crazy as they could be. He also very frequently called to check in to see how i was feeling after receiving both good and bad news. He would call at night and even on his days off and weekends. I always felt amazingly supported and well taken care of by him. I've had several miscarriages, which i no one expected, but he never allowed my husband and I to give up hope, even after each loss and surgery that he had to perform. He always said we would be walking out of RMA with a baby, and we are...even if it's not the way we had pictured it to be!
Don't be afraid to ask him questions and be honest with him about how you're feeling. Always remember that he is an expert and he's there to help you. I've never met a doctor who cares about his patients as much as he does.
I did two clomid cycles, one injectable IUI cycle, two egg retrievals (both with ICSI and CCS) and two embryo transfers. I had two transfers cancelled due to thin lining (which is probably part of my issue related to my recurrent pregnancy loss). It only took one embryo transfer into our gestational carrier for her to become pregnant.
Morning monitoring is run very efficiently. I would get there at 6:40 in order to hopefully be one of the first ultrasounds of the day as I had to directly to work afterwards.
My personal treatment was covered by my insurance, but all costs associated with using our gestational carrier were not (which is typical).
We transferred two embryos into me each of the two times and transferred one embryo into our gestational carrier (due to her preference). He was supportive of both but did clearly explain the risks of becoming pregnant with twins.
Danbury
I go for monitoring at their [RMA] Trumbull office which only has two ultrasound rooms. I've found that if I'm not one of the first ones there at 7am, I could be waiting for an hour if not longer to get into a room...The clinic wants to portray themselves as a warm and friendly place, but it really is just a well polished factory. I've had nurses who couldn't place IVs or left me with tremendous bruises...I've had more bad experiences than good with the staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
At the end of the day, they really need to evaluate their staff. The clinic wants to portray themselves as a warm and friendly place, but it really is just a well polished factory. I've had nurses who couldn't place IVs or left me with tremendous bruises. When I said something to another nurse about my bad experiences her response was "you must have been here on a weekend" (she was right). On the day of my first retrieval (a Sunday), I was called back and told to undress from the waist down and the doctor would be in with my specimen. She brought me back for an IUI instead of a retrieval. That same day, a nurse was about to get my IV ready, stopped because she forgot gloves, then couldn't place it (I don't have tricky veins). While that was going on, another woman in the bay next to me fell out of the bed and onto the floor - the whole morning was a total nightmare. When I went for the transfer, I checked in and was given financial papers to sign. After 30 minutes in the waiting room, I got a call from the nurses asking where I was since I was supposed to be there 20 minutes ago. The receptionist never actually checked me in. My second retrieval and transfer were much better, but I've had more bad experiences than good with the staff.
When we first met Dr. Hurwitz, we thought he was the greatest in terms of personality, demeanor, etc. After that initial appointment, however, we had a few experiences where we weren't sure if he was the same doctor with whom we had spoken. He was curt, seemed annoyed, and when my husband couldn't make an appointment, Dr. Hurwitz wouldn't "tie up a phone line" and call him. And while he is my doctor, I have never seen him for any procedure and have only happened to get him on a monitoring appointment twice. Maybe we caught him on some "off days".
Linda is fantastic. I was even able to go to her when my financial coordinator dropped the ball and she made sure it got taken care of.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Hurwitz made a great first impression. He also called us personally before and after the first IVF cycle to say he thought things looked great. It was nice to get that personal touch but we didn't hear from him much during our second round. i actually feel more connected to one of the other doctors who I see for about 95% of my monitoring appointments and who did my retrieval and transfer for this last cycle.
Don't take it personally if you never hear from or see him after your initial consult.
For our first round of IVF, the protocol was similar if not identical to the one we had done at another clinic. When that cycle only resulted in one good embryo, Dr Hurwitz completely changed the protocol in hopes of yielding more. The new protocol seemed much longer but it did give us 9 embryos (4 of which were normal).
I go for monitoring at their Trumbull office which only has two ultrasound rooms. I've found that if I'm not one of the first ones there at 7am, I could be waiting for an hour if not longer to get into a room.
Thankfully our insurance fully covered all of our treatments except the PGD testing which was just under $4,000. We are responsible for meeting our deductible and coinsurance
We only did an eSET because we only had one embryo at the time.
Norwalk
RMA is phenomenal. Not only do they have amazing doctors and nurses, but their support services are second to none. Yoga, acupuncture, support groups, nutritionists all come together to give patients a comprehensive treatment plan. It would have been much more difficult for me to deal with the stresses of my infertility if I hadn't taken advantage of these services. The facilities are amazing - modern, clean, top-end. The multiple locations make it easy to schedule appointments.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Dr. Richlin is amazing. He is warm, compassionate, and always takes as much time as needed to answer questions and go over plans. He is genuinely excited with successes and genuinely upset with setbacks. He also takes the time to chat about non-fertility topics and really get to know his patients and their partners, which made me feel at ease with him very quickly. I've never felt so comfortable with a doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is a wonderful nurse, but admittedly, she is busy since she's the nursing manager, and I often spoke with other nurses when I was called with test results. However, Christina always responded to emails very quickly and even on weekends/after hours.
How was your experience with Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Richlin was, from the beginning, extremely open, honest, compassionate, and took a deep interest in our situation. Unfortunately, our first pregnancy ended in a loss due to chromosomal issues. Dr. Richlin called me personally to extend his sympathies and stress that he and the team were there for us whenever we were ready to move forward. He never hesitates to check in, answer questions, go into more detail, and make sure that we're comfortable with where we are and the next steps. He takes the time to point out everything he's looking at during ultrasounds and explain what he sees. He's so thorough and caring in everything he does.
He's chatty! I like that, because I'm chatty as well, but if you're looking for a doctor who just presents the facts with nothing else, Dr. Richlin isn't the one for you. But if you want a doctor who is more than willing to go into tiny details and talk about anything with you, he's the one!
I have annovulatory PCOS, but no other fertility issues, so we started with Femara and a trigger shot for ovulation induction and a timed intercourse cycle. Our first cycle was successful in that we conceived, but we lost that pregnancy at 15 weeks due to chromosomal abnormalities. Our second cycle we followed the same protocol and were successful as well. We are awaiting genetic testing on this pregnancy. Usually patients start with Clomid, but due to my history of depression as well as the risks of non-ideal cercival mucus and uterine linings, plus the slightly higher risk of multiples, I asked if Femara would be an option. He was immediately on board. I liked that he was willing to brainstorm different possibilities with me.
Ovulation induction was covered under our regular health benefits, with the exception of the trigger shot which came out of our fertility benefits. We had very few out of pocket costs other than the prescriptions and some copays for office visits.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Cathie [at nurse] was amazing. It is so great to be assigned a primary nurse to contact. Any time I had a question, she was quick to respond. And, she was so hopeful for my success. She was clearly a busy lady, but always took the time to respond and treat me like an individual. My experience with Cathie was a big reason for my happiness with RMA.... Much like other fertility clinics, you will see a rotating set of Doctors at monitoring. In fact, I never saw my primary doctor during my cycle.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Much like other fertility clinics, you will see a rotating set of Doctors at monitoring. In fact, I never saw my primary doctor during my cycle. But, you do get a nurse and a patient coordinator as primary points of contact. Also, event though the doctors rotate, the other doctors were fantastic - always reviewed my individual situation before they came into the room for monitoring. Also, the clinic has early morning monitoring and has a location open on the weekends - which makes the whole process more manageable.
All of the doctors and my Nurse (Cathie) were wonderful. It always felt that they had a vested interest in my success: always happy to respond to questions, would review my charts before coming in for monitoring. And, once I got pregnant, they were so excited for me and so caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Cathie Gray)
Cathie was amazing. It is so great to be assigned a primary nurse to contact. Any time I had a question, she was quick to respond. And, she was so hopeful for my success. She was clearly a busy lady, but always took the time to respond and treat me like an individual. My experience with Cathie was a big reason for my happiness with RMA.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
I really only interacted with Dr. Murdock twice, once in the initial consultation and once during early monitoring of my pregnancy. I switched to Dr. Murdock from another clinic and one thing that stood out with her was when she told me in the initial consult that 'RE's aren't very creative' - indicating that there are set protocols that they follow. However, her approach was SO MUCH more personalized than at my prior clinic - she fine tuned a standard protocol to my specific condition and prior response to meds. And, it worked! Creativity aside, she has the expertise to make the right choices and adjustments.
Be knowledgeable about yourself so that you can provide the doctor with all the facts.
I had one cycle with Dr. Murdock to treat anovulation. Combination protocol with Letrozole + Follistim, then Estradiol following trigger shot (and through week 9 of pregnancy). Then, IUIs 24 and 48 hours following trigger. I believe the estradiol and the timing of when to start taking it was key to success as I had always had very thin lining which went unresolved at my other clinic. She knew the right time to administer so as not to interfere with follicle growth.
I think one IUI cycle was $3500, communicated in advance. Also, there was a line item list of what specifically that entailed. The medications are a separate cost to be paid to the pharmacy.
2014 - 2017
I think some of the biggest strengths of Rma CT are their out reach programs. In the past I have taken advantage of ladies night in peer support as well as fertile yoga. These have been a great outlet for me as well as allowing me to find others who are in the same circumstances and allowing me to de-stress...They were always very respectful of my time...They [nurses] have done a great job of answering any questions that I have by phone and email. I also get printed sheets with all of my medications and the times and dosages.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I always see a dr, and he calls me personally to discuss results the moment he gets them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy F)
They have done a great job of answering any questions that I have by phone and email. I also get printed sheets with all of my medications and the times and dosages.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Very positive and upbeat. Talks to me like he's my coach and our team is going to win. Very sensitive to my loss. Set backs are treated like a learning experience and we find the right next steps together.
He is a very nice and caring guy. You are in good hands!
I had iui previously and my third resulted in a twin pregnancy. I carried to term and had a planned c section at 38 weeks. On day three in the hospital something went wrong and my son stopped breathing. It was a long and agonizing ordeal to watch my son die over the next 2 1/2 weeks. I came back to Rma CT to have another child, but hopefully with a better outcome. We discussed all of my options and together we decided IVF with elective single embryo transfer and PGS was our best option. My first round of IVF was very successful and the number of bags that I produced however quality was not good and none of them were transferred after PGS. For my next cycle we decided to do Lupron to downreg and hopefully get even more eggs. We did get more eggs. More of them fertilized. I am waiting for PGS results right now.
I like to be the first person in for morning monitoring so that I can get out and get to work on time. They were always very respectful of my time. I also enjoyed the tea in the waiting room.
I was able to sit down with the finance person who reviewed my insurance coverage and gave me a realistic idea of what everything was going to cost. There were no huge surprises.
Given my unique circumstance of having twins via Iui and the subsequent loss of my son, the doctor did not want to put me through another twin pregnancy nor did I want to take a chance of another twin pregnancy.
Danbury
I had never been to a fertility clinic before so I was surprised to find that I would have an assigned nurse, patient coordinator, and a financial advisor. Having direct contact with people who could answer my questions and help me was truly a blessing. I didn’t need to call 800 numbers and be transferred around to whomever could get to the phone. RMA makes you feel like a person and not just another patient.... The upfront IVF package we had to pay for was $19,500
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I had never been to a fertility clinic before so I was surprised to find that I would have an assigned nurse, patient coordinator, and a financial advisor. Having direct contact with people who could answer my questions and help me was truly a blessing. I didn’t need to call 800 numbers and be transferred around to whomever could get to the phone. RMA makes you feel like a person and not just another patient. They have beautiful welcoming waiting rooms. The examining rooms and bathrooms have motivational quotes on the wall to empower and lift your spirit.
Dr Hurwitz never made my husband or I feel rushed during morning monitoring, scheduled appointments, or phone calls delivering results. He always called the evening after we received results from our nurse during the day; no matter good or bad he always called to check in, see how we were, and inform us of next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn)
Jocelyn my nurse would answer my emails at all hours of the night. Sometimes I would email her with a question at 7 pm expecting an answer in the morning and by 8:30 that night she would be responding to me. The girls in the morning that took care of morning monitoring are Absolutely top notch. They make you feel as though you are the only patient in the practice even though the waiting room is full. They are companionate, motivating, sympathetic and kind.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr H always made us feel welcomed the second he walked into the patient room or even just passing in the hallway. We always felt he knew who we are and what we needed without looking at our medical chart. Dr H took into account our diagnosis and treated us exactly how he thought we would get the pregnancy result we were striving for while also keeping me safe and not forcing my body to over produce eggs. We were sad to leave RMA on our “graduation day” when our care was being transferred back to my OBGYN
Have patience. Fertility treatments is a long calculated process that drives around your cycle. You will have frustrating months where you need to wait another 4 weeks to cycle again. Fertility treatments are not quick.
Our goal was to produce 10-15 eggs. My husband had a Mesa done and his vials were frozen at RMA. We were fortunate to retrieve 10 eggs. Unfortunately due to my husbands male factor infertility we do not have the strongest sperm to fertilize which caused us to only end up with 2 embryos. If we are lucky enough to go through this process again, Dr H said we will need to change my protocol from moderate to slightly higher in order to increase our chances for 2 or more embryos due to the sperm we will need to use to fertilize.
Morning monitoring took place between 7-830. Appointments are first come, first serve. Blood work moves pretty quickly and then you will go back into the waiting room if the examining room was still in use by another patient. I was usually one of the first patients in the morning so I rarely waited.
The upfront IVF package we had to pay for was $19,500. Our insurance does not cover IVF treatments. We did need to buy more meds at one point and some freezing/unfreezing of the sperm. We ended up spending about $25,000
We were told we had the option to implant 1 or 2 embryos. We went through all of the pros and cons with Dr H to each transfer. My husband and I decided to transfer both embryos that we had. At the day of transfer Dr H went through all of the grading for each of our embryos and explained if we had chosen to implant only 1 it would have been embryo A due to the grading.
Danbury
RMA CT is an excellent clinic and I would highly recommend that anyone go there...Jocelyn is an amazing nurse...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office...The morning monitoring was a well-oiled machine. We were treated with privacy and respect and acknowledged in a pleasant manner each time.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA CT is an excellent clinic and I would highly recommend that anyone go there. They are organized, caring, personal, and supportive from the beginning of your care.
Dr. Hurwitz greeted me by name, seemed genuinely happy to see me each time, and genuinely seemed to care about me as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo)
Jocelyn is an amazing nurse...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office, even if it was to tell me that she would check my chart when she returned. Jocelyn is a top-notch nurse and we are blessed to have her.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz is extremely knowledgeable and he cares about his patients. He would call randomly to check on me and was genuinely sad for us when we had our early miscarriages and failed cycles. He is a clear communicator and seems to have our best interest at heart.
Expect quality care and someone who will tell you exactly what is going on.
IVF #1 April 2015 George TESE-March 30 Period March 30-begin BCP BCP until April 8 (CD 10) Begin baby aspirin April 8 April 12-19 Follistim 300 + Menopur 150 Dexamethosone .25 mg April 17 Add Ganarilex April 17 & 19 Discovered uterine polyp New plan Freeze all Day 1 begin BCP Hysteroscopy to remove polyp Prepare for Frozen Embryo Transfer if enough embryos made it to day 5 blasts and freeze Prepare for stim cycle if needed April 20 Trigger shot Follistim 450 + HCG 10,000 April 22- Egg retrieval 9 eggs April 23-Update 6 mature- 5 fertilized April 25-Update 4 3-day embryos April 28-Update 2 5-day blastocysts frozen 1 3bb 1 3cc (Still waiting for day 1) Plan Day 1 begin BCP Schedule hysteroscopy Begin stims Fresh transfer Need more sperm --will do TESE the day before or the day of my retrieval IVF #2 May 2015 Period May 4-begin BCP Hysteroscopy May 12 BCP until May 18 Begin baby aspirin May 18 May 22 Begin Microdose Lupron 20 units in evening May 23-May 31 Microdose Lupron 20 units am/pm Follistim 300 + Menopur 150 Dexamethosone .25 mg June 1 Trigger shot Follistim 450 + HCG 10,000 June 2-George's procedure MESA June 3-Egg retrieval 13 eggs June 4- Update 10 mature- 7 fertilized June 6- Update 7 ongoing embryos June 8- Transfer (EDD-February 24, 2016) 2 embryos 3AC 3CC June 9-Update 2 embryos frozen June 17- Beta 63 June 19- Beta 223 June 30- Beta 1083 Ultrasound July 7- Ultrasound Enlarged yolk sac July 10 D&C FET #1 9/23/15 (EDD-June 10, 2016) Oct 2- Beta 78.8 Oct 4-Beta 234.8 Oct 15- Bleeding/clots Beta 9,614 Oct 20- Beta 600 FET #2 Jan 29 (EDD-October 16, 2016) Feb 8- Beta 17 Feb 10- Beta 3 Feb 20 FSH 18 AMH level- 1.48 last year BCP pills? Low ovarian reserve bcp worst enemy shuts ovaries down quiets down ovaries- no bcp DHEA? Theralogix 75 mg per day Three vials of TESE sperm Two vials of MESA sperm Feb 21 AMH - 0.5 IVF #3 March 2016 March 7-bloodwork-begin Estrace 1 tablet 2x per day February 18-FSH results 18 March 14-CD1 March 15-bloodwork/ultrasound-AFC R-8 L-7 March 16 Begin Microdose Lupron 20 units in evening March 17 Microdose Lupron 20 units am/pm Follistim 300 + Menopur 150 March 20 Follicles R-4 L-5 March 21-AMH results from 3/15 0.5 March 23 Follicles R-3 L-4 1 leading each ovary-under 10 March 25 Follicles R-3 L-3 R-leading 12 L-leading 11 March 28 Follicles-5 Leading follicle 16, 15, 12 and two too small to measure Cancel cycle HCG trigger (10,000) IVF #4 Begin with day 1 Day 1 April 9-CD 1 April 11 Bloodwork/ultrasound AFC-R-3 L-4 + 1 cyst at 20 Leading follicle 11 Begin stims April 14 Bloodwork/ultrasound R-3 L-4 + 1 cyst at 18 collapsing Leading follicles on right-2 @ 12 April 15 Begin ganarelix April 16 Norwalk Bloodwork/ultrasound R-2 L-4 Leading follicles 19 & 17 April 17 Norwalk R-2 L-4 5 large follicles...19 the largest, 18, 15, 14, 12(?). Two smaller follicles, and a couple of really small ones that they're not really counting. The follicles are just plumping up! Lining is type 1, 9mm. Trigger tomorrow, retrieval Wednesday 😁 April 18 Trigger 10,000 HCG + 450 Follistim April 20- Egg Retrieval 6 eggs Anesthesia made me extremely tired this time. April 21-Update 3 mature-2 fertilized April 23-Update 2 ongoing grade A day 3 embryos April 25-Transfer (EDD-January 11, 2017) 2 embryos Grade 4bb and 3cb May 2 Began CoQ10 May 4- Beta Negative Waiting for day 1 to begin bcp Will do short course of bcp, then Microdose Lupron protocol Did not take progesterone or estrogen today Began DHEA IVF #5 May 2016 CD1-5/8/16 BCP until 5/17/16 Begin baby aspirin 5/19/16 Baseline Thin lining Follicles R-6 L-7 5/21/16 Begin Microdose Lupron 20 in evening 5/22/16 Microdose Lupron 20 in morning Begin Follistim 225/ Menopur 225/ Microdose Lupron 20 in evening 5/25/16 Bloodwork/ultrasound Follicles R-6 L-6 1 leading each ovary under 10 5/28/16 Bloodwork/ultrasound Follicles R-3 L-5 Leading R 17, 2 under 10 Leading L 2@15, 13, not sure about other 2, but small Lining-7 type 2 5/30/16 Bloodwork and ultrasound Follicles R-3 L-5 Leading 21 on right. Two 19 on left Lining 9 type 2 Trigger tonight 10:30 6/1/16 Retrieval 9:30/ arrive at 8:30 6 eggs Feel pretty good 6/2/16 6 eggs mature 4 fertilized normally 6/4/16 Update 4 ongoing 1-9 cell no fragmentation 1-8 cell no fragmentation 1-6 cell 10% fragmentation (grade 2) 1-4 cell-a little slow grower 6/6/16 Transfer (EDD-February 22, 2017) 1 4cb blastocyst Waiting for second embryo-a morula-to become blastocyst-will update tomorrow if cryopreserved 6/7/16 Morula did not make it 😢 6/15/16 Negative beta 😢 Waiting for period 6/19/16 Period begins Waiting for July 8 for bloodwork to see if I ovulated. If so, I will begin estrogen priming for next cycle. IVF # 6 7/8/16 Bloodwork-haven't ovulated-progesterone only 2.7, they like to see 3 or higher. 7/11/16 Bloodwork- begin estrace-1 tablet tonight, then twice a day thereafter. Call/email with day 1 7/20/16 Day 1 7/22/16 Baseline Bloodwork/ultrasound Lining-4.8 type 3 Follicles R-7, L-6 all less than 10 Begin Microdose Lupron 20 in evening 7/23/16 Microdose Lupron 20 morning Microdose Lupron 20 + Gonal F 225 + Menopur 225 evening 7/26/16 Bloodwork/ ultrasound Lining-5.8 type 2 Follicles R-8 L-7 All less than 10 7/28/16 Bloodwork/ultrasound Lining-7.8 type 1 Follicles R-8 L-6 R-one leading follicle at 11, 3-4 plumped up at about 10, and a few other smaller ones. L-had a few plumped up and a few smaller ones. 7/31/16 Bloodwork/ultrasound Lining-9.7 type 2 Follicles R-5 (16, 13, 11, 2 less than 10) L-7 (16, 16, 14, 14, 13, 13, 11) 10 follicles in the growing stage 8/2/16 Bloodwork/ultrasound Lining- 9 type 1 Follicles R-5 (19, 17, 15, 11, one less than 10) L-5 (21, 20, 20, 20, 18) Trigger tonight/retrieval Thursday 10,000 iu HCG and 450 gonal f 8/3/16 Bloodwork/ultrasound only 8/4/16 Retrieval 11 eggs 8/5/16 Update Mature- 9 Fertilized- 9 8/7/16 Update 9 ongoing embryos 7 of which look good 8/9/16 Transfer 1:25 pm 2 embryos 8/10/16 4 embryos frozen
My health insurance covered $50,000 at 100% because this is a center of excellence. I paid $780.00 out of pocket when my fertility insurance ran out. We are awaiting our next frozen transfer and the costs associated with that.
Dr. Hurwitz prefers single embryo transfer with PGS, however, we did not have the funds for PGS, and due to our ages, we transferred two embryos each time we were able to.
Danbury
Kathleen & the rest of the nurses [at RMA of Connecticut] & lab techs have been amazing. I am greeted with smiles and warm hugs every time. I am only getting words of encouragement from them and they all know me by name. Kathleen is so informative, she always leaves clear & concise messages via VM or email so that I know what the next steps might be. Protocols are emailed which makes remembering meds very easy. She is so compassionate and really cares about what happens to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA has only brought us comfort, guidance, support & hope throughout the worst time in our life. The "extras" they offer, like fertile yoga, social workers, support groups, nutritional counseling, acupuncture & even an online forum for patients to connect.. has made me feel like my infertility matters. This has been a lonely ride in terms of family & friend support, so having RMA be there for us has meant the world. I hope for a good outcome of course, but no matter what, RMA has more than fulfilled my expectations.
Dr. Hurwitz & the rest of the RMA staff has become the strongest source of support throughout our infertility journey. From day 1, Dr. H has been honest & gentle. Each procedure was mutually decided upon by him and us. He was never too pushy about the appropriate next step but did guide us in the right direction. It has been a series of trial and error and I am somewhat of a tricky case but I have never lost faith or trust in him or the entire RMA team. I arrive to warm hugs & greetings. I attend the support groups, fertile yoga, nutritionist & acupuncture. The comprehensive approach takes my entire being into account, not just my medical issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
Kathleen & the rest of the nurses & lab techs have been amazing. I am greeted with smiles and warm hugs every time. I am only getting words of encouragement from them and they all know me by name. Kathleen is so informative, she always leaves clear & concise messages via VM or email so that I know what the next steps might be. Protocols are emailed which makes remembering meds very easy. She is so compassionate and really cares about what happens to me.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I could not have asked for a better experience throughout this ordeal. Dr.H has been so informative, kind & encouraging. After every procedure, he's called from home just to check up on me. I know I am not the only patient he's done this with. He has a way of gently breaking the not so good news, but always ending it on a positive note filled with hope.
Be open, be hopeful, do not have any expectations. Let the team guide you & have trust in them to take care of you.
When I arrived at RMA (June 2014) Dr. H found a cyst on my right ovary. He wasn't initially concerned but as he watched it grow over the first few weeks, he recommended an MRI & blood work. Sure enough, it was a large benign tumor that had to be removed. He referred me back to my regular OB for surgery. Unfortunately, my entire ovary had to be removed. 2 weeks after surgery, I got pregnant naturally but miscarried at 9 weeks. From here is where I started treatments with Dr. H. We did a bunch of IUIs, started with Clomid, then Femara, all with HCG trigger shots. We took a little break and decided to try "naturally" but still working with Dr. H. I thought that if I got pregnant once naturally, that it could happen again but we maybe needed help with the timing. So Dr. H agreed & we did 2 timed intercourse cycles, only with HCG trigger shots. Thus far, all treatment courses were resulting in negative pregnancy tests. We finally took the plunge to IVF in Feb 2016. Dr. H was very concerned about my weight so I worked hard to get that down since he does require pt's to be below a certain BMI to qualify for IVF. We used BCP, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix & HCG shot for our Feb 2016 cycle. It only resulted in 4 eggs being retrieved and only 2 fertilizing. We unfortunately lost both on Day 5, the morning of the transfer. I am starting my next cycle this weekend, and he switched my protocol to be a bit more aggressive. This time I have been on Estrace instead of BCP, since I was too suppressed last time. We are starting Microdose Lupron, Menopur & Follistim on Monday. I love that Dr. H is recognizing the issue, we have been on the same page throughout this whole process & he is very open about his rationale.
Monitoring is between 7am & 8:15am which makes it easy to get to work on time. I've never had an issue with monitoring.
We used insurance.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
They [RMA - Norwalk] have an incredibly supportive single mothers program which put me at ease, helped me understand the process better, provided emotional support, and led me to meet other single mothers to be....Monitoring was 7-8 every morning. The early you got there the faster it was to get in and out so I was usually the first one there and never had to wait. The nurses drawing blood were great, all kept your spirits up. Then went to ultra sound room to wait for doctor, sometimes this could be a while if issues with a patient.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
They have an incredibly supportive single mothers program which put me at ease, helped me understand the process better, provided emotional support, and led me to meet other single mothers to be.
He always took the time to explain what he was thinking and what he was recommending. He would call me directly after the retrievals and transfers to let me know the results
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Hennigan)
Kristin was fantastic. Very responsive to calls or emails. Helped determine best place to get meds from for lowest cost too.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Williams was very compassionate throughout the entire process. He explains in detail what is going on. He works closely with the other doctors on the team and they seem to communicate well with each other as I often saw his partners at the morning appointments, but he was always up to date on what happened.
Understand that you will see other members of the practice for procedures and appointments depending on times and locations you choose to go to.
Dr Williams had me do the 3 IUIs and when those weren't successful move to IVF. One cycle produced a viable embryo that passed chromosome testing but when implanted stopped growing. The second cycle the embryos stopped developing after day 3, Dr Williams was very up front with me about his reservations with doing another IVF with my own eggs. He suggested I could do another IUI if I really wanted to keep trying with my own eggs to reduce costs since I wasn't getting a lot of eggs at retrieval anyways. I did this but was unsuccessful so moved to donor eggs which resulted in a baby!
Have opportunity plans for a lump sum payment if your insurance doesn't cover, this was around 10k for IVF cycle. Donor eggs were 22k for 2 lots.
Only supported single transfer with my own eggs. By time I got to donor eggs he allowed 2 in the transfer but only 1 took.
2010 - 2012
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I think the clinic [RMA of Connecticut] as a whole put a great effort into giving top-notch medical care, but they also recognized this was emotionally difficult experience for their patients. They tried to show support in numerous ways, and I always felt that I was respected. All members of the team showed compassion and empathy.
2010 - 2012
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I think the clinic as a whole put a great effort into giving top-notch medical care, but they also recognized this was emotionally difficult experience for their patients. They tried to show support in numerous ways, and I always felt that I was respected. All members of the team showed compassion and empathy.
I always felt that I was treated with respect, that he was willing to answer my questions, and he surpassed my expectations for the amount of personal attention I received.
I thought Kathleen my nurse was great. She answered questions, was very organized, and a source of support.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I had a good experience with him. He was quite knowledgeable, and treated me with respect. I felt like he understood me. Explain the details of the treatment, and even a bit of the science behind it when I asked. I also felt like I had a good bit of personal attention from him, and even though they had many setbacks along the way, I was always satisfied with the quality of my treatment.
I don't remember the details anymore, I produced a lot of eggs, and had a very high fertilization rate, but the quality the embryos was poor. We went through four cycles with Dr. Hurwitz, and he tried different strategies. He always explained his reasoning, and he was always willing to answer my questions.
I think the morning monitoring was run efficiently. The doctors rotated, so I got to meet the other doctors at the practice. Even when I didn't see my primary doctor for morning monitoring, I always felt that the other doctors were knowledgeable about my case, and they always answered my questions.
Norwalk
Everyone at the clinic [RMA- Danbury] is great. Finance really goes to bat with insurance to get coverage for procedures. Everyone is always kind and welcoming. Scheduling is usually pretty easy; they were able to accommodate a timing need I had for my last IUI....All of the nursing staff is efficient, kind, and extremely competent....Dr. Williams has taken the time to really get to know me and my partner, our issues, and has changed our treatments as necessary.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Everyone at the clinic is great. Finance really goes to bat with insurance to get coverage for procedures. Everyone is always kind and welcoming. Scheduling is usually pretty easy; they were able to accommodate a timing need I had for my last IUI.
All of the nursing staff is efficient, kind, and extremely competent.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
I wish he was in Danbury more often, but I really appreciate the level of detail and care he provides with each procedure. I scheduled my initial consult with him specifically because he seemed like a good fit for me and my husband and I don’t regret that decision even though I usually see other doctors.
He’s quieter and less effusive than some of the doctors, but he really listens and takes the time to explain things. If that’s the kind of doctor you want, then he’s your guy.
IUI 1 (Jan 2018)- Letrozole cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger shot cd 14, 2 IUI procedures cd 15-16, Progesterone and Estrace 3-14 dpIUI, negative beta IUI 2 (Feb 2018-ongoing)- Letrozole cd 5-9, Ovidrel trigger shot cd 14, IUI procedure cd 16, Progesterone and Estrace 1dpIUI-now (12dpIUI), beta on 3/2
The biggest cost was the Ovidrel, which was about $90/cycle (although that came from an outside pharmacy). Most of the in-house costs were covered by insurance.
Tubal Blockage, Other
Strengths: Friendly, helpful, efficient, great bedside manner, hopeful. You know they [RMA of CT] are doing everything they can to help you get pregnant. Weaknesses: They can get very busy, especially in the morning. Once or twice they had our information confused with someone else.... Most of the nursing staff was great. They treated us well, and were very friendly and efficient. For example: I have bad panic attacks when I get blood taken and almost pass out. One of the nurses was so kind to me and helped me through it that I thought it was the easiest time I've ever had blood taken.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths: Friendly, helpful, efficient, great bedside manner, hopeful. You know they are doing everything they can to help you get pregnant. Weaknesses: They can get very busy, especially in the morning. Once or twice they had our information confused with someone else.
She was very caring and explained every detail particular to our situation.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Murdock treated us very specially. She explained everything we were going through in great detail so we understood everything and all of our options. She has great bedside manner and is very hopeful for us regardless.
To make sure you get her as your doctor because she is a great one.
My wife had a tube blocked so Dr. Murdock explained that was a big reason why we couldn't get pregnant. So my wife had surgery and got that tube removed. Now we have been through 3 IUI cycles where my wife has been on chlomid and estrogen, but each resulting in negative pregnancies.
I don't remember specifics, but I know we have a co-pay every time we visit (all 30+ times in the past year)
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
[RMA - Norwalk] Large clinic, very clean, acupuncture, nutrition and counseling available, morning monitoring at decent hours...had a policy you were not to wait longer than 20 minutes...I requested records and they never wrote me back. I had a terrible time with them ordering my meds. I had tons of billing issues....My nurse was great except she was one vacation a lot during my cycles...which I wasn't aware of ahead of time. It made it quite difficult to get information while she was away.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
He kept wanting to call me by a different name (really makes you feel good).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kiersten)
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. L seemed nice enough at first. This was my first fertility doctor and I didn't really know what to expect. He originally diagnosed me with unexplained. Then after tests came back he said I had DOR. He was still confident we had a 66% chance of success and was confident that we would be parents. After my first retrieval I only had one viable egg to transfer. He changed the protocol for my 2nd attempt and I got 3 eggs but none were viable. After that he gave me the donor egg speech. I was totally shocked since he had shown me all these fancy charts that said I at first had and 85% chance and then 66% chance. Then he just gave up so I left.
ask his familiarity with your condition
IVF 1-Antagonist protocol IVF 2- Estrogen priming with microdose lupron
I would say mix between cattle call and well oiled machine. Large group of people waiting but usually in and out within 30 minutes
I had insurance coverage so copay only.
Multiple for greater chance
Norwalk
I think that their [RMA of Connecticut] strength is that they have such kind people working there that seem focused on the mental well-being of their patients. I have never felt more supported or listened to in a medical environment...We switched nurses in the middle, because our first nurse left. Both were very responsive to all of our questions, and no nonsense but kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I think that their strength is that they have such kind people working there that seem focused on the mental well-being of their patients. I have never felt more supported or listened to in a medical environment.
I felt that the whole organization took the time to explain things to us and guide us through tough decisions. I felt like there was a general feeling of kindness and focus on the patient rather than just results. I was very pleased with the whole experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Christina Dias)
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He was very positive and energetic. He was very focused on our choices and a good cheerleader. At first I didn't understand why he wanted us to understand the science, but I appreciated it later. It felt like he really cared about what happened to us.
Try to absorb as much information in the beginning as you can.
We did an egg retrieval that resulted in hyperstimulation. Then we did two frozen transfers of 5 day old embryos. I don't know the specifics of the drugs anymore.
It was always early in the morning, which was tough because we were an hour drive away. But a few times when we couldn't make it, they did make a window later in the day for us.
We had insurance, but we had to pay about 2 or 3 thousand out of pocket because of a high deductible.
2009 - 2011
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
The clinic [RMA] was well located and looked clean. Sometimes I wish these places looked more homey than a medical suite, but I guess sterile and clean are what medical suites are supposed to look like. Facilities were very modern....Nurses and Staff are top notch. They are totally experienced and empathetic--the perfect combination for an excellent experience....We used an egg donor and a separate gestational carrier. Both were given hormones prior to their procedures to optimize their biology. The egg donor went in for egg retrieval. I provided a sperm sample.
2009 - 2011
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was well located and looked clean. Sometimes I wish these places looked more homey than a medical suite, but I guess sterile and clean are what medical suites are supposed to look like. Facilities were very modern.
He has a nice bedside manner and treated me with respect. Answered all questions I had throughly
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Wonderful experience with Dr. Williams. He's kind, thoughtful, and thorough--everything I would hope in such a physician. He informed me of the entire process beforehand so there were no surprises. He even told me the various routes he would take if problems cropped up (thankfully none did). I recommend him very highly.
Feel free to ask him any question about the process, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.
We used an egg donor and a separate gestational carrier. Both were given hormones prior to their procedures to optimize their biology. The egg donor went in for egg retrieval. I provided a sperm sample. After the embryos were created, we waited a few days. Of the best embryos, Dr. Williams chose two. He implanted them into the carrier. This resulted in one baby. The process was repeated again for a second baby two years later.
Process was pricey but comparable to high costs in the New York City area.
Dr. Williams gave me the choice of one embryo vs. two, saying that two gave a higher chance of success but more chance of complications. I chose two.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
office [RMA of Connecticut] is so heartfelt they all are warm and caring , remember your face and treat you as a friend not just a patient , I have had nothing but the best from them all...you get assigned a nurse, patient advocate and financial advisor so if I ever have any questions I contact them directly instead of having to call the office and ask for them...I’ve been to 3 of their clinics so far and they are all amazing , clean, bright , encouraging . Doesn’t feel like a dark doctors office, it feels like you’re walking into a meeting environment insteas
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
His office is so heartfelt they all are warm and caring , remember your face and treat you as a friend not just a patient , I have had nothing but the best from them all
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
His whole team is awesome, you get assigned a nurse, patient advocate and financial advisor so if I ever have any questions I contact them directly instead of having to call the office and ask for them
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He is a very thorough dr, explains everything down to the detail so you clearly understand every possible thing that is going on , very very nice as well. Every consult and appointment I had he made sure I understood everything and that I wasn’t confused on any little detail , we makes sure all his patients go in knowing 100% what’s going on
Be open to all the possibilities
We went straight to ivf with him so we did saline sonograms , ultrasounds and bloodwork to start. Then started off with follistim and menopur , then adding in ganirelix a few days later
My insurance pretty much covered 100% just some copays here and there
Danbury
[RMA - Norwalk] Run efficiently, kind staff, organized. Billing is only so so...Kisten (and Cathy) at RMA are both kind and helpful individuals. Kirsten is my assigned nurse, and she is very knowledgeable and thoughtful....19,950 for one ivf cycle...[Monitoring Appointments] No complaints. Very efficient....Dr. Richlin is warm, caring, and takes the time to explain things. He asked about our personal lives, and shared information about his, which helped us bond.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Run efficiently, kind staff, organized. Billing is only so so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kirsten Hennigan)
How was your experience with Spencer Richlin at RMA of Connecticut?
He is a very warm physician who takes the time to explain the science behind the procedures. He seems to care about you as a human being and is rooting for your success. When we did not initially get the results we were hoping for, Dr. Richlin met with us several times to talk about altering protocol. He renewed our optimism.
Bring all of your questions with you - he will take the time to answer them!
I had normal numbers, so we did a standard antagonistic cycle with low to moderate dosages. HCG as trigger. Now, I am using a down regulation stimulation (just started with lupron).
No complaints. Very efficient.
19,950 for one ivf cycle
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I actually look forward to appointments [at RMA - Danbury] so I can see the entire staff!...Even on days where everyone showed up at once, or there were more patients than normal, monitoring seems to go quickly and smoothly. I cannot think of an instance where I waited more than a few minutes...My nurse understands my needs, and adjusts her approach accordingly. When I received negative results, I felt that she was genuinely as disappointed as I was.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I actually look forward to appointments so I can see the entire staff!
Dr. Williams knows my name and my face, has called me after hours to check on me after bad news or to answer a question, and has come in on his day off to personally handle my egg retrievals and embryo transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira (nurse), Jill Longo (patient navigator))
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Williams is fantastic - he has called me after hours to check on me after bad news or to answer a question, and has come in on his day off to personally handle my egg retrievals and embryo transfers since he knows my complex situation better than the other doctors. He has a very calming personality, which balances with my uptight personality. I feel he genuinely cares about me and my success, and I trust his approach without question.
He may appear reserved, but he will answer any question you have and is definitely on your side. Ask whatever questions you have.
unsure
Danbury
All in costs of $50K Insurance covered everything except PGS ($5K out of pocket)...Strengths [of RMA of Connecticut] - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Investor
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Great thoughtful care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Gray)
super great staff- good at getting you in + out but also will take time to explain things if needed.
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Leondires is a very thoughtful doctor - willing to spend time explaining process and steps. He also is very knowledgeable about current research and comprehensively covered risks / benefits and our percentage chance of success.
Let him guide you but ask all the questions you want! He's always happy to answer.
Standard IVF cycle - - Birth control - 10 days shots - Egg retrieval - 1 month pause while embryos were tested and frozen - Frozen Transfer + 10 weeks of intramuscular progesterone
Efficient well-oiled machine in the morning. Loved the way they did it.
Norwalk
[RMA Danbury] Strengths - covers poughkeepsie, more than one doctor, good results and review on other websites Weaknesses - a little far from our house, hard to get a response via email, assumes the patient knows the steps - does not proactively provide information...No one has called me with my results, even when they told me it would be the next day at the time of blood withdrawal No one has contact me with answers to my email questions - it has been over 3 business days now
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
She was covering for our main nurse who was working on another site. She was knowledgeable and answer our questions at the office. However, after we left no-one has followed up with our emails questions - its been 3 days and we are still waiting for a response. I plan to call next week to chase.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
She explained her recommendations well when asked. However, we prompted most of the discussions and direction of the initial consultation. She asked our level of knowledge of IVF before going into details of the procedure. And was welcoming of our questions.
Be prepared before going to the meeting. Have a list of questions ready.
Not started the treatment strategy yet.
They provide a clear breakdown of testing costs, IVF costs, options PSG testing. We already completed the testing via our previous RE. The IVF+PSG testing is close to $15k
Danbury
This is far best an amazing clinic [RMA of CT] they provide you with all the information you need walk you through everything step by step. I don't have anything negative to say about the clinic overall I would say they are pretty awesome people and would definitely recommend them to anyone... [Nursing Staff] They were awesome very prompt very good at explaining everything to you... The cost for a ivf cycle is 15,000 including medication
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
This is far best an amazing clinic they provide you with all the information you need walk you through everything step by step. I don't have anything negative to say about the clinic overall I would say they are pretty awesome people and would definitely recommend them to anyone
Dr Hurwitz is a very caring doctor and explains everything to you
They were awesome very prompt very good at explaining everything to you
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He is a great doctor very caring and compassionate to all your needs. He makes sure you are comfortable and you understand every procedure step by step. He doesn't make you feel as if you are just a patient he makes you feel like you are a human being. He gets to know you beyond treatment.
You don't have to worry about anything he reassures you that everything will be okay
The cost for a ivf cycle is 15,000 including medication
Dr Hurwitz said that all you need is one embryo to get your result
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
ERA [at RMA of Connecticut] testing was free. FET transfer is $5100...The staff and Drs are very well organized and answer all questions. I really like how you are assigned your own nurse to contact for anything. The billing team is also very quick to get back with questions. I liked that the clinic had medications included in the transfer package...When you need “ new eyes” go to RMACT...My experience was great! Very understanding and compassionate. Dr. Williams explained my chances of success with ERA testing. I will be doing my transfer with RMACT in April. He as been very accommodating to my travel since I am driving 1600 miles round trip for treatment.
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
After talking with Dr Williams and telling him my story and all that we have been through. He suggested I do the ERA testing. Since we do not have any fertility coverage with our insurance he got me into the study with Igenomix to do the ERA for free.
When you need “ new eyes” go to RMACT
I only did the ERA studywith Dr. Williams. I did a mock transfer cycle with PIO and estrace.
ERA testing was free. FET transfer is $5100
Norwalk
The clinic [RMA] is a well polished factory. They're good at drawing you in but it takes some time to find the people who are best to work with...[Nurse] Linda is to the point but very organized...The clonic's staff is questionable at best. I've had people who can't draw blood without leaving huge bruises and receptionists who forget to check you in for a procedure...If I don't get there by 7am then I could be waiting for an hour. They only have two ultrasound rooms. But if I go for just blood work then it's usually in and out.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic is a well polished factory. They're good at drawing you in but it takes some time to find the people who are best to work with.
Dr Williams talks you through everything he is doing. He genuinely wants you to understand everything as opposed to assuming you don't need to.
Linda is to the point but very organized.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Williams is very soft spoken, but extremely thorough. He answers all of your questions before you even ask them and goes above and beyond to make sure you are involved in the process whereas other doctors are more "just let me do my thing".
Don't let his soft spoken demeanor deter you from choosing him as your doctor. He is wonderful.
Just co-insurance
Norwalk
After miscarriage I was provided with several options. I elected to do the D & C procedure, scheduled it with my patient navigator [at RMA of CT]. When going to the office for my confirmatory scan, my doctor told me that they don't do those procedures and they would have to schedule in the hospital. This was very upsetting as it was a difficult choice to make and the idea of being able to do the procedure at my clinic was a huge part of my decision. I did not receive an explanation as to where the miscommunication occurred.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
You must travel to the Norwalk office for weekend monitoring and all surgical procedures. Scheduling is very specific.
Care was personal and personalized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Erika)
The nurses were amazing. Very compassionate and caring, great at answering questions and being a great resource.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Murdock is a great doctor. I trust her clinical expertise. The only thing I would change would be that she discussed more potential risks so I could have prepared for a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I also wish she was a little more compassionate/empathetic.
Ask lots of questions and do your research.
Antagonist IVF protocol, fresh 5 day transfer that resulted in chemical pregnancy. Frozen embryo transfer which resulted in miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Appointments were quick and efficient.
IVF cycle with transfer and meds: $22K Transfer with meds: $12K
Describe Cynthia Murdock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
They do a max transfer of 2 embryos which I agree with.
Danbury
Monitoring [at RMA of Connecticut] was between the hours of 7-8 am. Very easy in easy out. Everyone was super friendly and efficient...They have a great team of people to support us in all ways. I loved attending their ladies night group and meeting other women like myself. They also had acupuncture and nutrition services as well as mental health services...I loved them all [nurses]. It was so easy to communicate with them through email and phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
He explained everything and was very sincere and listened to our concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
I loved them all. It was so easy to communicate with them through email and phone.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Very calm and reassuring. He took the time to answer our questions and was willing to adjust our schedule so he could do our transfer. Willing to meet with us after failed cycles to discuss further course of treatments.
He’s very quiet and calm.
Monitoring was between the hours of 7-8 am. Very easy in easy out. Everyone was super friendly and efficient.
My insurance covered all infertility treatments. I just had to cover my deductible.
He allowed us to transfer two, busy strongly advised we only do 1.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Morning bloodwork was by fist come first sever, some days were good and some days were busy. There’s free yoga classes and support groups offered. I meet some really good people there. Office [RMA] was nice, clean and professional... The nurse and patient coordinator were easy to contact either by phone or via email. When ever I have a question or concern they would get back to me the same day... I had some paper given to one office and went missing a couple of times
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Morning bloodwork was by fist come first sever, some days were good and some days were busy. There’s free yoga classes and support groups offered. I meet some really good people there. Office was nice, clean and professional
Dr. Williams also took the time to answer any of my questions even if I kept asking them in a different way. He was patient with me and try to give me the best outcome. Sometime, I wished I heard the worst as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Brigit )
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
As a patient, he made me feel optimistic. He was soft spoken and had good bedside manners. He believe he tried to give me the best Opportunity and chance I had. I never thought he sugar coded anything.
Make sure you know all your options
I did a few rounds of clomid and 1 round of letrozal with time intercourses. 2 rounds of IVF treatments. I cannot remember the Dosage used
2010 - 2017
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
[RMA of Connecticut's] strength is that they are always available when needed. Weaknesses wish there were slightly later hours weekdays...Dr Williams treated me for a large fibroid tumor and severe endometriosis through meds and surgery when needed to deal with pain. Now that I am trying to get pregnant he started fairly aggressively with treatment to up my chances.
2010 - 2017
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strength is that they are always available when needed. Weaknesses wish there were slightly later hours weekdays.
Dr Williams is always great about following up with me no matter the hours when I am having an issue
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
They have truly been awesome through several surgeries and procedures that I have had over the last 6 years. Dr Williams has an awesome bedside manner and has never treated me as if I was crazy as other doctors did prior to me endometriosis and tumor diagnosis.
To allow the process to work and to always ask questions - never be afraid to ask questions.
My insurance has covered 90% of costs. Only out of pocket is the sperm donor.
2012 - 2013
I only had one bad nurse at the practice [RMA of Connecticut]. Otherwise I was happy with the staff. However, I've found turnover is frequent and I lost many of the nurses I bonded with. It was one of the biggest negatives... Most times, I was in and out [for monitoring]. You would see whoever was on duty that day.
2012 - 2013
Dr. Hurwitz is especially sensitive. He seemed almost as upset about my miscarriage as I was. He also was very excited for my success
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jean)
I only had one bad nurse at the practice. Otherwise I was happy with the staff. However, I've found turnover is frequent and I lost many of the nurses I bonded with. It was one of the biggest negatives
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I thought that I would feel uncomfortable with a male doctor, but Dr. Hurwitz really is one of the best doctors in the practice. He is sensitive, but honest, and very supportive. The only negative is that sometimes I felt they were not aggressive enough with my treatments.
He is a great doctor. Very supportive and takes time to explain the process to you
Most times, I was in and out. You would see whoever was on duty that day.
Very little as it was covered by insurance
Male Factor, Other
The nurses at RMACT are a blessing... They make the entire process so much better! Murdock and the assigned team is quick to respond to numerous emails (full of questions and fears!) and they have created a true "team" environment to support you along the journey.
Male Factor, Other
The nurses at RMACT are a blessing. They are warm, open, encouraging and personal. The make the entire process so much better! Murdock and the assigned team is quick to respond to numerous emails (full of questions and fears!) and they have created a true "team" environment to support you along the journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Huchtinson)
Courtney was our patient navigator - our point person for both medical and financial questions - always pointing us in the right direction and taking our concerns/preferences into consideration. She is always a bright, friendly face and contact!
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Direct & straight forward. Clearly presented the facts & our recommended path.
Don't be afraid to ask questions until you understand. Dr Murdock has more patience than most!
2010 - 2011
I had to ask to be reassigned from my nurse [at RMA of Connecticut]. She was not communicating with me. My new nurse was up to the clinics normal standards... [Monitoring was] in the morning before work for those who were working. Usually it was a quick wait and I was in and out.
2010 - 2011
Dr. Murdock is very matter of fact. She is not extremely sensitive, but will give you the information honestly and informatively. She was optimistic too.
I had to ask to be reassigned from my nurse. She was not communicating with me. My new nurse was up to the clinics normal standards
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
She is very straight forward which I appreciated, but may not be for everyone. I always knew exactly what would happen and my next steps. She was always nice, but occasionally I felt like she was being slightly condescending.
See her if you like a straight shooter. Her bedside manner is a bit more formal
In the morning before work for those who were working. Usually it was a quick wait and I was in and out.
Covered by insurance for the most part