Genetic counseling: Offered
103 Newtown Road
Danbury, CT 06810
203-731-2520
Fishkill (closed)
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
Norwalk
Stamford, CT 06902
Trumbull
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He was the best cheerleader I could ask for going through a process like this. ... I think what really separates Dr. Hurwitz from the rest is the fact he cared so much that he called me the day before the retrieval AND transfer to provide encouraging words. ... I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation so we began IUI from the start. ... Dr. Hurwitz adjusted protocol immediately and put me on Femara.
The clinic [RMA of Connecticut] was very very clean. The clinic never felt like a typical doctor's office. I visited the Danbury and Norwalk locations and both are well maintained. The staff in both locations are very pleasant and knowledgeable. every visit was very enjoyable. ... She [nurse] was a strong advocate for me, and even assisted when the fertility pharmacy was giving me a little difficulty filling a prescription.
Investment Banker
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with Dr. Hurwitz was nothing less than a 10. I was fortunate enough to be seen by Dr. Hurwitz for most of my visits. He made me feel very comfortable as a patient, and did what he could to lighten the mood in the most stressful times. I appreciated how straight forward he was. I did not leave one appointment without feeling fully informed of the next steps. Dr. Hurwitz explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand, and anything that we needed further clarification of he would take the time to ensure we fully understood. Dr. Hurwitz gave his advice and opinions, but never made us feel pressure to choose one option over another. He supported every decision we made and let us have control over the process. We didn't feel like we were being treated as patients, but more like long time friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Have the expectation you may not always see Dr. Hurwitz at your appointments. You may work with different doctors though out your visits, but Dr. Hurwitz will always check in with you. Dr. Hurwitz gets to the point. If you have any questions come prepared with them. He will take the time to answer all of them, but come prepared.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
From the first consultation Dr. Hurwitz made myself and husband feel very comfortable. He took the time to get to know us personally, and share information about himself. He was the best cheerleader I could ask for going through a process like this. At every appointment my husband couldn't attend he would ask for him and how he was doing. I think what really separates Dr. Hurwitz from the rest is the fact he cared so much that he called me the day before the retrieval AND transfer to provide encouraging words. I have never had a doctor go above and beyond like that, it was a very pleasant surprise. Dr. Hurwitz truly made me feel part of the RMA family.
Describe the protocols Joshua Hurwitz used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation so we began IUI from the start. First cycle I was put on Clomid, and was unfortunate enough to be the small population to respond negatively. I ended up with a cyst and had to cancel the cycle. Dr. Hurwitz adjusted protocol immediately and put me on Femara. I used Femara and the trigger shot ( I cant remember the name at this time) for 2 additional cycles with no issues, but no positive results either. The third cycle Dr. Hurwitz added ovidrel into the mix along with the femara and trigger shot. Still no success. After the 4th failed IUI we met with Dr. Hurwitz for the IVF consult. We decided at that time it would be best for us to move forward with IVF considering my diagnoses. Before the retrieval I was on a cocktail of injectable, which I cannot remember specific names at this time. By cycle day 10 I was ready for my retrieval, however my Estrogen levels were a little high so I was unable to complete a fresh transfer. Dr. Hurwitz explained that I was at risk of OHSS because of PCOS so we agreed on a frozen embryo cycle. Not even a month later I began my frozen embryo cycle. I was on 2mg Estrace twice a day, Progesterone in Oil, and Progesterone Suppositories before the transfer. The day of transfer I chose to participate in the laser acupuncture which was performed immediately before and after transfer. I continued with the Estrace, PIO, and suppositories after the transfer and 2 weeks later I was blessed with a positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
Vanessa was incredible! She was so compassionate and very helpful. I practically had her on speed dial. Any questions I had along the way, or any needs she was able to assist me with. She was a strong advocate for me, and even assisted when the fertility pharmacy was giving me a little difficulty filling a prescription. She responded promptly and was always very pleasant. I feel so lucky to have had Vanessa on my side.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was very very clean. The clinic never felt like a typical doctor's office. I visited the Danbury and Norwalk locations and both are well maintained. The staff in both locations are very pleasant and knowledgeable. every visit was very enjoyable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
Never an issue. Mondays seemed to be more chaotic, but otherwise never more than a 15 minute wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut.
Most was covered by insurance however out of cost with all medications about $2000
Describe Joshua Hurwitz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
Dr. Hurwitz was only comfortable with a single embryo transfer because of my age and infertility factors. I am still young, and didn't have any other fertility issues besides ovulation issues. The risks that come with multiples was not worth it in my case.

2015 - 2019
Dr. Hurwitz utilized a few different protocols throughout my IVF cycles. We used the Antagonist protocol, Lupron Micro dose flare, and Estrace/Microdose Lupron. Dr. Hurwitz always explained his rationale for switching up protocols. I had one canceled cycle, but the other 5 cycles produced mature eggs that became blastocysts. We finally decided to utilize PGS and have two normal embryos. I am in the process of the ERA test to determine the best time to transfer.
Jocelyn is an amazing nurse [at RMA CT]...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office, even if it was to tell me that she would check my chart when she returned. Jocelyn is a top-notch nurse and we are blessed to have her.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz is extremely knowledgeable and he cares about his patients. He would call randomly to check on me and was genuinely sad for us when we had our early miscarriages and failed cycles. He is a clear communicator and seems to have our best interest at heart.
Expect quality care and someone who will tell you exactly what is going on.
Dr. Hurwitz greeted me by name, seemed genuinely happy to see me each time, and genuinely cares about me as a person. He is genuinely excited with any good results and sad when results are not what we hoped. He continues to work with us to help us create our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo)
Jocelyn is an amazing nurse...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office, even if it was to tell me that she would check my chart when she returned. Jocelyn is a top-notch nurse and we are blessed to have her.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA CT is an excellent clinic and I would highly recommend that anyone go there. They are organized, caring, personal, and supportive from the beginning of your care and they will continue to follow up with you!
The morning monitoring was a well-oiled machine. We were treated with privacy and respect and acknowledged in a pleasant manner each time.
My health insurance covered $50,000 at 100%.
Dr. Hurwitz prefers single embryo transfer with PGS, however, he will consider the patient’s wishes and reasons, as well as other factors, for transferring two embryos.
Danbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut.

2017 - 2019
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
We have had a few setbacks and Dr. Hurwitz has always showed me/us compassion for our situation....he performed a procedure to try and shrink one of the fibroids but while doing the procedure is when he found that the fibroid was in a spot that was stopping the embryo from sticking....I feel like he has really fought for us and is willing to try anything to get us to our end goal (carrying our own embryo). He returns phone calls promptly and when we did have a little bit of good new he sound genuinely excited for us...
I would say RMA's morning monitoring appointments were like a well oiled machine, they have a system down and it works, I was in and out in a timely manner but if I had questions and needed a little more time I never felt rushed by the staff...The one weakness I have of the office is when you call and try to reach someone, I feel like the phone system always re-routes me to an operator and it was hard to speak with the person I was looking for
2017 - 2019
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
We have had a few setbacks and Dr. Hurwitz has always showed me/us compassion for our situation. I feel like he has really fought for us and is willing to try anything to get us to our end goal (carrying our own embryo). He returns phone calls promptly and when we did have a little bit of good new he sound genuinely excited for us. With our issues he even suggested if we wanted to get a 2nd opinion which I thought was nice, we opted not to as we 100% trust him and his team.
I would tell any prospective patient of Dr. Hurwitz to trust the process and be patient. I didn't realize that things wouldn't move at lightning speed. I thought we would be pregnant and on our way to be being parents in just a few months. I don't think that Dr. Hurwitz is to blame for my lack of not knowing I just think I had it in my mind that this was going to work on the first shot.
Dr. Hurwitz has always remembered small details about our life outside of fertility treatment make us feel like he has gotten to know us more then just our fertility issues.
Our process for retrievals were pretty straight forward with little complications and not much deviation from the initial plan. When the 2nd transfer didn't take is when Dr. Hurwitz stepped up and said ok lets take another look at those pesky fibroids and see what they are doing. He had me get an MRI and then he performed a procedure to try and shrink one of the fibroids but while doing the procedure is when he found that the fibroid was in a spot that was stopping the embryo from sticking. He then suggested we try a Lupron shot to shrink the fibroids after 6 months the fibroids are still an issue. I just received a phone call from his last night that he has some ideas about what we can do next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Sheftz)
Vanessa has answered all of the many questions I had. I mostly communicated to her via email and she always responded immediately. When she had bad news to tell us I always felt like she was genuinely upset for us that things weren't what we had hoped for. When I hadn't seen her in a few weeks and I did see her in the office she gave me the biggest hug. I don't know that I would have been able to get this far with out her she has been AMAZING!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was always clean and the front desk was always friendly (even at 7am for morning monitoring). The one weakness I have of the office is when you call and try to reach someone, I feel like the phone system always re-routes me to an operator and it was hard to speak with the person I was looking for. To make up for that all my emails were answered immediately.
In the beginning a lot of my medications/procedures were covered by my insurance. When I started with a new insurance company my nurse and other staff members helped to get things submitted to my insurance company and they also tried to get me into a trial for a medication.
Dr. Huriwitz was very adamant from our initial appointment that he would not ever transfer more then 1 embryo at a time due to the state of my uterus. I had a myomectomy to remove fibroids in 2016 and he said it wouldn't be safe for me or the embryos to have more then one in there at a time.
Danbury

We used a new protocol that we had not done before with Doctor Murdock for our IVF cycle. ... Doctor Murdock gave us more tests including an ERA which we never had been asked to do. The ERA showed us that I am pre-receptive which we would have never known if we did not go to Doctor Murdock. ... The night before our egg retrieval Doctor Murdock called my cell phone to wish us luck at our retrieval. ...
RMA makes it easy for us and makes sure our appointments are at a time that we can make a drive and get there for. They are very helpful with any questions we have, their staff is always welcoming, and their office is so very clean which is important! ... Jocelyn is our assigned nurse and Chelsea is our coordinator. Both have been excellent to work with. I can email either of them and within the hour they respond.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Doctor Murdock gave us so much hope after our first consult. She provided us more information than we had ever received before. She made sure my Husband and I felt good about our plan ahead. Doctor Murdock gave us more tests including an ERA which we never had been asked to do. The ERA showed us that I am pre-receptive which we would have never known if we did not go to Doctor Murdock. The night before our egg retrieval Doctor Murdock called my cell phone to wish us luck at our retrieval. I have never had a Doctor do that. It made us feel SO special. We truly appreciated that she did that and appreciate everything she has done with us so far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Ask questions and tell her everything. She is so trustworthy and knows her stuff. She will tell you honest answers and provide great feedback.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Our first consultation with Doctor Murdock was amazing. We went to her for a second opinion after multiple failed attempts at another fertility center. Doctor Murdock had already looked at our past files from our previous attempts and came up with a game plan right away. She provided us with more information than we received before from any other Doctors. She was very caring, warm, and personable.
Describe the protocols Cynthia Murdock used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
We used a new protocol that we had not done before with Doctor Murdock for our IVF cycle. She put me on estrace pills to prep for my cycle and then we did a Microdose Lupron Flare IVF cycle (2o units of Lupron in the morning and night, 150 iu Menopur & 300 iu of Follistim). This has provided us the best results we have had yet. We were able to freeze four embryos. Prior to this we always did the antagonist cycle and I was barely making blasts on day 5. We are so glad Doctor Murdock put us on a new protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn )
Jocelyn is our assigned nurse and Chelsea is our coordinator. Both have been excellent to work with. I can email either of them and within the hour they respond. I ask Jocelyn SO many questions that sometimes I feel like I am being a bug but she does not care at all. She is so helpful and always gives me honest feedback. She is there anytime we need her.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
We have to travel over 2 hours to go to our clinic so it is a lot on us. RMA makes it easy for us and makes sure our appointments are at a time that we can make a drive and get there for. They are very helpful with any questions we have, their staff is always welcoming, and their office is so very clean which is important!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut.
Our insurance does not cover IVF or any fertility treatments. We had to pay $8,000 out of pocket for an egg retrieval. We will also owe another $5200 for our transfer.
Describe Cynthia Murdock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
We have only gotten through our egg retrieval recently. We are saving and getting ready for a frozen embryo transfer soon.
Danbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hurwitz is very compassionate and aware of the details of our situation. He’s honest and warm. He gives you all of his attention when you meet with him.... He’s thorough and takes time to answer your questions in sit down appointments. He only did one of my IUI’s which was disappointing. The other doctors were great but I felt more secure knowing that he knew all the details of our situation.... I have one blocked tube due to unknown causes.
The clinic [RMA of Connecticut] is clean, welcoming and efficient. It’s rare to have to wait a long time even during the busy monitoring hours in the morning. A weakness is that not all blood tests results are communicated.... My nurse was very good with calling me with pregnancy results and was compassionate. Her emails are short and brief and sometimes confusing.... $6,000 for three IUIs due to no fertility coverage through my insurance.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz is warm and compassionate. He’s thorough and takes time to answer your questions in sit down appointments. He only did one of my IUI’s which was disappointing. The other doctors were great but I felt more secure knowing that he knew all the details of our situation. They are very busy so he let me know he most likely wouldn’t be able to do all of our IUIs.
Be prepared with all of your questions because he will address them. Write them down in advance.
I have one blocked tube due to unknown causes. 1st IUI, Letrozole followed by 75 IUs of Gonal-F completed with the trigger shot. I tested low for progesterone and estrogen and began supplements two days after IUI. IUI’s two and three followed the same protocol except Gonal F was increased to 100 IUs. One egg on each side for IUI Number one. Three on the open side for IUI numbers two and three and two eggs on closed side. The hope was to have matured eggs on the open side. All IUIs resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
My nurse was very good with calling me with pregnancy results and was compassionate. Her emails are short and brief and sometimes confusing. Once I ask for clarif
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic is clean, welcoming and efficient. It’s rare to have to wait a long time even during the busy monitoring hours in the morning. A weakness is that not all blood tests results are communicated.
$6,000 for three IUIs due to no fertility coverage through my insurance. IVF runs between $15,000-$20,000 for one out of pocket cycle. All blood tests covered under my health insurance except for genetic screening.

Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Murdock always greets us personally in the waiting room of the clinic. She remembers our names, occupations, and our fertility situations. Whenever we have an appointment or consultation with her she is well-prepared with all of the details of our case. She has also called personally with test results when things are especially concerning instead of having a nurse call.... Dr. Murdock first performed full fertility panel of bloodwork, saline sonogram, and HSG.
Strengths: RMACT offers specific monitoring hours where you can come in between 7am-8am for your monitoring without an appointment. They are fast and efficient in handling the amount of patients in the waiting room in the morning... Weaknesses: The financial piece can be difficult to understand....We are currently experiencing a miscommunication between the initial paperwork we signed about the cost of our upcoming IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Murdock is a very thorough and trustworthy physician. She has taken every precaution with even the slightest of concerning test results, making sure we follow up with every avenue possible. She is easy to communicate with and patient with questions. She has always explained our treatments and diagnoses well in detail to make sure that we understand what is going on.
I would suggest being prepared with your questions when you go into your appointment. Dr. Murdock does spend a lot of time making sure she explains your situation so you want to make sure that your questions are covered.
Dr. Murdock first performed full fertility panel of bloodwork, saline sonogram, and HSG. The bloodwork shows Hypothyroidism and she did further bloodwork to confirm, then referred me to a wonderful medical endocrinologist for follow up (who then diagnosed me with Hashimoto's). The HSG showed a hydrosalpinx in my right fallopian tube. Dr. Murdock suggested surgery to remove the tube (salpingectomy) and referred me to an OB surgeon for this surgery, which was successful. After my thyroid leveled out and my tubal was removed, we moved forward with IUI with the following protocol: Clomid 100mg CD3-7, monitoring day 3 & 12, Ovidrel 250 trigger CD12, IUI CD14. We followed this protocol three times because Dr. Murdock felt it was our best option. She had previously recommended injectible medications for our second IUI protocol, but my insurance company denied the approval for the meds and the cycle. We are starting IVF around April and won't have our protocol until then.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira)
My nurse, Kathy Ferreira and patient navigator, Chelsea Merwin have been wonderful to work with. They are fast to respond to phone calls and e-mails and are very patient with my questions. I have also seen many other nurses and medical assistants at RMACT and they are the most personable and organized medical staff I have ever seen.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths: RMACT offers specific monitoring hours where you can come in between 7am-8am for your monitoring without an appointment. They are fast and efficient in handling the amount of patients in the waiting room in the morning. It seems that every staff member they hire must be personable, compassionate, and committed to your care and success. They all take the time to get to know you, remember your name, and things about you. The office is clean, bright, modern, and comfortable. They also have an acupuncturist and nutritionist working out of the office. Weaknesses: The financial piece can be difficult to understand. This has been our only frustrating experience in terms of communication. I would want a new patient to know that you are going to an excellent clinic where you will be seeing complete experts in the fertility field. Their services tend to run more expensive than other clinics, however, I feel that it is worth the extra cost.
IUIs were billed to the insurance at around $6,000 per cycle. IVF egg retrieval cycle costs $9500. Egg retrieval costs $5700. PGS testing costs $3725 and associated embryo freezing costs $1200.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Connecticut.
We are currently experiencing a miscommunication between the initial paperwork we signed about the cost of our upcoming IVF cycle. What we were initially told was $400 less.

Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained, Other
She [Dr. Murdock] understood my anxiety and was very compassionate ... explained everything and helped us feel comfortable with the other doctors doing our procedures. I would highly recommend her. I just wish they did more testing for reasons of infertility. ... Her advice to my husband who wanted to transfer two was “do you see how nervous she is, she can’t do two at once”. Best advice ever! ...
Need more testing for infertility reasons. I like how they [RMA] have integrated wellness-acupuncture, nutrition, psychology, etc. I also like how they know your name and you are not just a number. I felt like they really root for you to succeed and all have a vested interest in your case. ... You knew who was going to be monitoring you. It was a rotation of about 3 doctors but the same nurses and techs were always around. Everyone knew your name and your case. The front desk was really helpful.
Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
She was amazing! I was so nervous and she calmed my anxieties, explained everything and helped us feel comfortable with the other doctors doing our procedures. I would highly recommend her. I just wish they did more testing for reasons of infertility.
Push her!
She understood my anxiety and was very compassionate
We used three different protocols after a failed iui. I had a gut feeling iui wasn’t going to work for us and it didn’t so I pushed for IVF and am so glad we did. I just wish they conducted more thorough testing for infertility reasons.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyb)
Jocelyn was my angel, I could not have asked for a better nurse than her. She did everything and was there for me day, night and weekend. I felt like I stayed with RMA CT because of her specifically.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Need more testing for infertility reasons. I like how they have integrated wellness-acupuncture, nutrition, psychology, etc. I also like how they know your name and you are not just a number. I felt like they really root for you to succeed and all have a vested interest in your case.
It was efficient. You knew who was going to be monitoring you. It was a rotation of about 3 doctors but the same nurses and techs were always around. Everyone knew your name and your case. The front desk was really helpful.
We were mostly covered by insurance except for our first two PGS testings—maybe $5000 for the two.

2013 - 2017
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I did two clomid cycles, one injectable IUI cycle, two egg retrievals (both with ICSI and CCS) and two embryo transfers [with Dr. Joshua Hurwitz]. I had two transfers cancelled due to thin lining (which is probably part of my issue related to my recurrent pregnancy loss). It only took one embryo transfer into our gestational carrier for her to become pregnant.... I've had several miscarriages, which i no one expected, but he never allowed my husband and I to give up hope, even after each loss and surgery that he had to perform. He always said we would be walking out of RMA with a baby, and we are...even if it's not the way we had pictured it to be!
RMA CT is a well-oiled machine. Wait times are short, they are organized and their use of iPads makes it easy to go to different offices for monitoring and appointments, as I often did. The only weakness I can say is that their Finance department can use some work. There was a few times that my finance coordinator gave me incorrect information that caused a lot of back and forth and wasted time. For the most part, they were OK though.
2013 - 2017
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz patiently answered all of my endless questions, as crazy as they could be. He also very frequently called to check in to see how i was feeling after receiving both good and bad news. He would call at night and even on his days off and weekends. I always felt amazingly supported and well taken care of by him. I've had several miscarriages, which i no one expected, but he never allowed my husband and I to give up hope, even after each loss and surgery that he had to perform. He always said we would be walking out of RMA with a baby, and we are...even if it's not the way we had pictured it to be!
Don't be afraid to ask him questions and be honest with him about how you're feeling. Always remember that he is an expert and he's there to help you. I've never met a doctor who cares about his patients as much as he does.
Dr. Hurwitz consistently went above and beyond for me time after time to make sure that was actively engaged in my care and was emotionally and physically doing OK and taken care of. I have had a very rocky road over the past 5 years and truly couldn't have made it through all of the ups and downs without him.
I did two clomid cycles, one injectable IUI cycle, two egg retrievals (both with ICSI and CCS) and two embryo transfers. I had two transfers cancelled due to thin lining (which is probably part of my issue related to my recurrent pregnancy loss). It only took one embryo transfer into our gestational carrier for her to become pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen and then Nora)
I started off with Kathleen as my nurse (she's no longer there), who was wonderful. Once we decided to go the gestational carrier route, I was transferred to the Third Party team. Being a long standing patient for years, I was nervous about changing teams and getting a new nurse, but my nurse Nora and I couldn't have been a better match! She is awesome - super organized, compassionate, responsive, knows her stuff and funny!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Morning monitoring is run very efficiently. I would get there at 6:40 in order to hopefully be one of the first ultrasounds of the day as I had to directly to work afterwards.
My personal treatment was covered by my insurance, but all costs associated with using our gestational carrier were not (which is typical).
We transferred two embryos into me each of the two times and transferred one embryo into our gestational carrier (due to her preference). He was supportive of both but did clearly explain the risks of becoming pregnant with twins.
Danbury

Dr. Hurwitz was very kind and also used humor appropriately. He explained all our options and was honest about our expectations. He was very honest in helping me to stay focused and understand that fertility treatments take time and always explained the statistics to help us be realistic about our expectations. He also called us personally when we had questions.... Tried Clomid first, I did not have good results and it took weeks to see any growth in follicles. He said Clomid was not a good fit for me, and that we would move on to injectibles next. It took months for my hormone levels to level out after Clomid, and then we started injectibles and they worked great.
The clinic [RMA of CT-Danbury] was very organized, I liked that you had a patient navigator to help coordinate things, felt like I had very personalized care. I also LOVED that they provided Fertile Yoga and support groups. I probably got the most help from Lisa Rosenthal who led the support groups and the Fertile Yoga, she is absolutely amazing. The only thing that I thought they could improve is to have more training for the techs who do blood draw. I can't even count how many times I had multiple techs sticking me. I always tried to go for blood draw when the one tech that could always successfully draw my blood was present.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Make your appointments in advance, he books up fast!
Tried Clomid first, I did not have good results and it took weeks to see any growth in follicles. He said Clomid was not a good fit for me, and that we would move on to injectibles next. It took months for my hormone levels to level out after Clomid, and then we started injectibles and they worked great. I saw growth in follicles right away, and we scheduled my IUI. Because the Follistim worked so well he said if we did no get a positive test from the first IUI we would stick with the Follistim for future cylces since my body responded so favorably to it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erika Lee)
My nurse was wonderful, she was patient and kind and very compassionate. She took the time to listen to my worries and always helped me understand options and procedures. She explained things in a way that made sense and was extremely supportive. I'm just sad that she wont be there if I return because she moved! All the techs were also very supportive and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was very organized, I liked that you had a patient navigator to help coordinate things, felt like I had very personalized care. I also LOVED that they provided Fertile Yoga and support groups. I probably got the most help from Lisa Rosenthal who led the support groups and the Fertile Yoga, she is absolutely amazing. The only thing that I thought they could improve is to have more training for the techs who do blood draw. I can't even count how many times I had multiple techs sticking me. I always tried to go for blood draw when the one tech that could always successfully draw my blood was present.
Insurance covered much, but the injectible drugs were not covered and we had a high deductible plan. Between injections and our deductible it was around $6,000
na
Danbury

Though I wasn’t the kind of patient who needed constant calling or support or hand holding, the one time I didn’t feel like a number was when the doctor [Dr. Joshua Hurwitz] called me personally after a negative pregnancy result after a failed 3rd IUI. It was unexpected and on a weekend and I was surprised and touched that he called to check in with me...I appreciated his transparency about the treatment and success rates. I also appreciated his sense of humor which may not be for everyone. I
My nurse [at RMA of Connecticut] was great...always promptly answered my emails (that was the way most convenient to communicate.). Even when she was out of the office, which I was impressed with. I really appreciated that...I feel like an orientation session would’ve been nice because the beginning part moved so fast as we started my first IUI cycle... they say they have a Poughkeepsie office but I really think that’s misleading. While I went there only once for the initial consultation, I never went back and had all my treatment in CT
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I appreciated his transparency about the treatment and success rates. I also appreciated his sense of humor which may not be for everyone. I also felt his enthusiasm to help me try to get pregnant was genuine. I did not feel judged about trying to get pregnant at a later age. He is direct and maybe for some it may be abrupt or non caring which may not work for every patient. If you are able to advocate for yourself then this should not be a problem.
If you aren’t feeling you are getting the kind of treatment you want, ask questions. Express your concerns.
Though I wasn’t the kind of patient who needed constant calling or support or hand holding, the one time I didn’t feel like a number was when the doctor called me personally after a negative pregnancy result after a failed 3rd IUI. It was unexpected and on a weekend and I was surprised and touched that he called to check in with me.
Femara, follistim, ovidrel trigger shot, and IUI. His first suggestion was IVF given the ages of me and my spouse. However our insurance did not cover it. He felt that the above protocol with femara and injections and IUI would help us improve our chances, as our diagnosis was unexplained fertility. (Though I wasn’t actually told this and thought to ask - actually another doctor who had done one of my IUIs - after the 2nd failed IUI attempt.) Despite that slightly annoying factor of having to ask, he was honest about our success rate. Though it was lower than IVF, we were still hopeful. We had 5 IUIs but no positive pregnancy result ever. We had hoped we would have been lucky...because when it comes down to it, even with as much science and technology, there is still a big amount that is chance. We were disappointed of course but we had never been “deceived” about our chances. Our expectations were managed well but I can’t say for sure that was all Dr. hurwitz or if it also has to do with the realistic perspective that my spouse and I had when we started this journey.
My nurse was great. Again, I don’t feel I was the type of patient that required a lot of communication or even a lot of support or “cheerleading” (a lot of reviews - the good ones - I have read about my doctor and the clinic in general have mentioned how attentive and how much communication with the team was.). However I suppose if I was the type of patient who needed that level of support AND asked for it, I would get it. My nurse always promptly answered my emails (that was the way most convenient to communicate.). Even when she was out of the office, which I was impressed with. I really appreciated that.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths - clean facilities, seem to have most recent technology, seem to be well-staffed. Also seem to integrate services that complement the medical treatment like support groups and yoga and acupuncture. There are also informational events that they offer via social media. Early monitoring hours were appreciated. Weaknesses - in my experience, after all the preliminary testing, my IUI schedule started and I didn’t quite know what to expect - should my husband be at every scan, how often are the ultrasounds , how much time would I have to take off in the mornings from work for bloodwork and ultrasounds. I suppose I could’ve asked upfront but, being new to this process, I didn’t even know WHAT to ask. I feel like an orientation session would’ve been nice because the beginning part moved so fast as we started my first IUI cycle. I think they have info available on their social media to serve this purpose but I am not on Facebook or twitter or Instagram. At the time I was starting, this kind of info was not on their website either. I had to google a few things. And obviously by my 2nd and 3rd IUI, I knew what to expect. Another weakness is they say they have a Poughkeepsie office but I really think that’s misleading. While I went there only once for the initial consultation, I never went back and had all my treatment in CT. I believe they do very limited things in the NY office. Traveling out of state (although it wasn’t too far)added some stress for me which I hadn’t anticipated that I would feel, which I’m sure didn’t help my overall well being. Before I knew anything about the clinic, I had hoped most of my treatment would’ve been in NY. Though there are many reasons I didn’t get pregnant, I can’t help but wonder if this factor (traveling) played even a little part. In other words, if they don’t do treatment in their NY office, they should be more transparent about it.
My insurance covered the IUI procedures and meds. No issues for me in this department.
2014 - 2017
He [Dr. Joshua Hurwitz] is a very nice and caring guy...We discussed all of my options and together we decided IVF with elective single embryo transfer and PGS was our best option. My first round of IVF was very successful and the number of bags that I produced however quality was not good and none of them were transferred after PGS. For my next cycle we decided to do Lupron to downreg and hopefully get even more eggs. We did get more eggs. More of them fertilized. I am waiting for PGS results right now.
I think some of the biggest strengths of Rma CT are their out reach programs. In the past I have taken advantage of ladies night in peer support as well as fertile yoga. These have been a great outlet for me as well as allowing me to find others who are in the same circumstances and allowing me to de-stress...They were always very respectful of my time...They [nurses] have done a great job of answering any questions that I have by phone and email. I also get printed sheets with all of my medications and the times and dosages.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Very positive and upbeat. Talks to me like he's my coach and our team is going to win. Very sensitive to my loss. Set backs are treated like a learning experience and we find the right next steps together.
He is a very nice and caring guy. You are in good hands!
I always see a dr, and he calls me personally to discuss results the moment he gets them.
I had iui previously and my third resulted in a twin pregnancy. I carried to term and had a planned c section at 38 weeks. On day three in the hospital something went wrong and my son stopped breathing. It was a long and agonizing ordeal to watch my son die over the next 2 1/2 weeks. I came back to Rma CT to have another child, but hopefully with a better outcome. We discussed all of my options and together we decided IVF with elective single embryo transfer and PGS was our best option. My first round of IVF was very successful and the number of bags that I produced however quality was not good and none of them were transferred after PGS. For my next cycle we decided to do Lupron to downreg and hopefully get even more eggs. We did get more eggs. More of them fertilized. I am waiting for PGS results right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy F)
They have done a great job of answering any questions that I have by phone and email. I also get printed sheets with all of my medications and the times and dosages.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I like to be the first person in for morning monitoring so that I can get out and get to work on time. They were always very respectful of my time. I also enjoyed the tea in the waiting room.
I was able to sit down with the finance person who reviewed my insurance coverage and gave me a realistic idea of what everything was going to cost. There were no huge surprises.
Given my unique circumstance of having twins via Iui and the subsequent loss of my son, the doctor did not want to put me through another twin pregnancy nor did I want to take a chance of another twin pregnancy.
Danbury

Dr Hurwitz never made my husband or I feel rushed during morning monitoring, scheduled appointments, or phone calls delivering results. He always called the evening after we received results from our nurse during the day; no matter good or bad he always called to check in, see how we were, and inform us of next steps.... Our goal was to produce 10-15 eggs. My husband had a Mesa done and his vials were frozen at RMA. We were fortunate to retrieve 10 eggs.
I had never been to a fertility clinic before so I was surprised to find that I would have an assigned nurse, patient coordinator, and a financial advisor. Having direct contact with people who could answer my questions and help me was truly a blessing. I didn’t need to call 800 numbers and be transferred around to whomever could get to the phone. RMA makes you feel like a person and not just another patient.... The upfront IVF package we had to pay for was $19,500
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr H always made us feel welcomed the second he walked into the patient room or even just passing in the hallway. We always felt he knew who we are and what we needed without looking at our medical chart. Dr H took into account our diagnosis and treated us exactly how he thought we would get the pregnancy result we were striving for while also keeping me safe and not forcing my body to over produce eggs. We were sad to leave RMA on our “graduation day” when our care was being transferred back to my OBGYN
Have patience. Fertility treatments is a long calculated process that drives around your cycle. You will have frustrating months where you need to wait another 4 weeks to cycle again. Fertility treatments are not quick.
Our goal was to produce 10-15 eggs. My husband had a Mesa done and his vials were frozen at RMA. We were fortunate to retrieve 10 eggs. Unfortunately due to my husbands male factor infertility we do not have the strongest sperm to fertilize which caused us to only end up with 2 embryos. If we are lucky enough to go through this process again, Dr H said we will need to change my protocol from moderate to slightly higher in order to increase our chances for 2 or more embryos due to the sperm we will need to use to fertilize.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn)
Jocelyn my nurse would answer my emails at all hours of the night. Sometimes I would email her with a question at 7 pm expecting an answer in the morning and by 8:30 that night she would be responding to me. The girls in the morning that took care of morning monitoring are Absolutely top notch. They make you feel as though you are the only patient in the practice even though the waiting room is full. They are companionate, motivating, sympathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I had never been to a fertility clinic before so I was surprised to find that I would have an assigned nurse, patient coordinator, and a financial advisor. Having direct contact with people who could answer my questions and help me was truly a blessing. I didn’t need to call 800 numbers and be transferred around to whomever could get to the phone. RMA makes you feel like a person and not just another patient. They have beautiful welcoming waiting rooms. The examining rooms and bathrooms have motivational quotes on the wall to empower and lift your spirit.
Morning monitoring took place between 7-830. Appointments are first come, first serve. Blood work moves pretty quickly and then you will go back into the waiting room if the examining room was still in use by another patient. I was usually one of the first patients in the morning so I rarely waited.
The upfront IVF package we had to pay for was $19,500. Our insurance does not cover IVF treatments. We did need to buy more meds at one point and some freezing/unfreezing of the sperm. We ended up spending about $25,000
We were told we had the option to implant 1 or 2 embryos. We went through all of the pros and cons with Dr H to each transfer. My husband and I decided to transfer both embryos that we had. At the day of transfer Dr H went through all of the grading for each of our embryos and explained if we had chosen to implant only 1 it would have been embryo A due to the grading.
Danbury

Dr. H [Hurwitz] found a cyst on my right ovary. He wasn't initially concerned but as he watched it grow over the first few weeks, he recommended an MRI & blood work. Sure enough, it was a large benign tumor that had to be removed...I could not have asked for a better experience throughout this ordeal. Dr.H has been so informative, kind & encouraging. After every procedure, he's called from home just to check up on me. I know I am not the only patient he's done this with. He has a way of gently breaking the not so good news, but always ending it on a positive note filled with hope.
Kathleen & the rest of the nurses [at RMA of Connecticut] & lab techs have been amazing. I am greeted with smiles and warm hugs every time. I am only getting words of encouragement from them and they all know me by name. Kathleen is so informative, she always leaves clear & concise messages via VM or email so that I know what the next steps might be. Protocols are emailed which makes remembering meds very easy. She is so compassionate and really cares about what happens to me.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Be open, be hopeful, do not have any expectations. Let the team guide you & have trust in them to take care of you.
Dr. Hurwitz & the rest of the RMA staff has become the strongest source of support throughout our infertility journey. From day 1, Dr. H has been honest & gentle. Each procedure was mutually decided upon by him and us. He was never too pushy about the appropriate next step but did guide us in the right direction. It has been a series of trial and error and I am somewhat of a tricky case but I have never lost faith or trust in him or the entire RMA team. I arrive to warm hugs & greetings. I attend the support groups, fertile yoga, nutritionist & acupuncture. The comprehensive approach takes my entire being into account, not just my medical issues.
When I arrived at RMA (June 2014) Dr. H found a cyst on my right ovary. He wasn't initially concerned but as he watched it grow over the first few weeks, he recommended an MRI & blood work. Sure enough, it was a large benign tumor that had to be removed. He referred me back to my regular OB for surgery. Unfortunately, my entire ovary had to be removed. 2 weeks after surgery, I got pregnant naturally but miscarried at 9 weeks. From here is where I started treatments with Dr. H. We did a bunch of IUIs, started with Clomid, then Femara, all with HCG trigger shots. We took a little break and decided to try "naturally" but still working with Dr. H. I thought that if I got pregnant once naturally, that it could happen again but we maybe needed help with the timing. So Dr. H agreed & we did 2 timed intercourse cycles, only with HCG trigger shots. Thus far, all treatment courses were resulting in negative pregnancy tests. We finally took the plunge to IVF in Feb 2016. Dr. H was very concerned about my weight so I worked hard to get that down since he does require pt's to be below a certain BMI to qualify for IVF. We used BCP, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix & HCG shot for our Feb 2016 cycle. It only resulted in 4 eggs being retrieved and only 2 fertilizing. We unfortunately lost both on Day 5, the morning of the transfer. I am starting my next cycle this weekend, and he switched my protocol to be a bit more aggressive. This time I have been on Estrace instead of BCP, since I was too suppressed last time. We are starting Microdose Lupron, Menopur & Follistim on Monday. I love that Dr. H is recognizing the issue, we have been on the same page throughout this whole process & he is very open about his rationale.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
Kathleen & the rest of the nurses & lab techs have been amazing. I am greeted with smiles and warm hugs every time. I am only getting words of encouragement from them and they all know me by name. Kathleen is so informative, she always leaves clear & concise messages via VM or email so that I know what the next steps might be. Protocols are emailed which makes remembering meds very easy. She is so compassionate and really cares about what happens to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA has only brought us comfort, guidance, support & hope throughout the worst time in our life. The "extras" they offer, like fertile yoga, social workers, support groups, nutritional counseling, acupuncture & even an online forum for patients to connect.. has made me feel like my infertility matters. This has been a lonely ride in terms of family & friend support, so having RMA be there for us has meant the world. I hope for a good outcome of course, but no matter what, RMA has more than fulfilled my expectations.
Monitoring is between 7am & 8:15am which makes it easy to get to work on time. I've never had an issue with monitoring.
We used insurance.
Danbury

5 Egg Freezing (cancer), 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Very honest. Always explained everything perfectly. Was always willing to tell me how my cycle was really going and what we can try next time. He would call me at night or on weekends to update me. He [Dr. Huwitz] was the best doctor and I truly felt as though he treated me as a real person and not just another patient
Everyone is so nice here. Great clinic [RMA of Connecticut]. Have many different offices across the state which is helpful. Love all the doctors on the team. The hospital facility is nice and had great care during my egg retrieval’s ... [Monitoring appointments] Schelduled in the mornings from 7-8am. Some days no wait other days had to wait a really long time. But they kept it moving well. Had a good system of bloodwork and then ultrasound
5 Egg Freezing (cancer), 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Very honest. Always explained everything perfectly. Was always willing to tell me how my cycle was really going and what we can try next time. He would call me at night or on weekends to update me. He was the best doctor and I truly felt as though he treated me as a real person and not just another patient
Use him! He is the best! He will give you the best care, don’t look anywhere else
Always called me no matter what time or on weekends to update me on my progress in the cycle
Menapur gonal resulted in 3 embryos and 2 pgs tested well Can’t remmeber all the protocols as it’s been a little bit since my last one
Jocelyn was amazing! She always called me back right away to answer all questions. She would assist with getting medicine and was really helpful and compassionate through the whole process
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Very helpful. Everyone is so nice here. Great clinic. Have many different offices across the state which is helpful. Love all the doctors on the team. The hospital facility is nice and had great care during my egg retrieval’s
Insurance covered egg retrieval’s, livestrong paid for medicine. Pgs testing 4,000 and embryo presvation 1,200
Never got there

2016 - 2019
Dr. Hurwitz is great, he explains every step in detail and is energetic most of the time except those times when he needs to be sympathetic as how attempts have been negative. From the beginning when I initially when for my PCOS diagnosis, he has been great in explaining the how’s and why’s of what my body is doing and what we need it do.... My first two attempts with IUI were with oral and injectable hormones. Although my body responded positively the IUIs were unsuccessful. This third attempt IUI, we are only using injectable hormones at a higher dosage.
[RMA of CT-Danbury is] Easy to get to as I travel from NY to CT. The staff is friendly and Michelle, the reception, makes every effort to remember all patients names, which impresses me. The waiting room is clean and comfortable as are the patient rooms. All staff are very accommodating with a team of nurses, financial advisors, care navigators and someone that can assist you with insurance questions.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Listen and have patience with the process.
Care and time taken and support team provided
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Emily )
My nurse and the whole nursing staff are great. They are easily accessible for any questions or follow up I may have. They always greet you with a smile and helping hand and ear to listen when things may not be going as expected or wanted.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Unsure of specific costs associated. I have deductibles and co-insurance to pay.
Danbury

Dr hurwitz is an amazing doctor he treats you as if he has known you for years. He is very supportive to each individual concern. He makes you feel at ease no matter what your situation is... I went for a consultation after I had two ectopic pregnancies and both tubes were removed. I felt very helpless going into my appointment but dr hurwitz assured me that everything will be okay. I left the office feeling so much better. He explained everything to me from beginning to end
The staff [at RMA CT-Danbury] are very helpful after my consultation I told the office that I was not going to proceed with IVF because of financial situations but they still check on me and keep me updated with grants and any other information possible... I don't believe that the clinic has any weaknesses as crazy as that sounds. They are definitely an amazing group of people that love what they do and want to make sure that everyone is able to take a bundle of joy home. They are very generous and caring to every patient
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with Dr Hurwitz was incredible. I went in there feeling very down and he brought light to my situation and when I left there I definitely felt better about everything when it came to doing IVF
There is nothing to worry about. Dr hurwitz is an amazing doctor in every aspect
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut.
The staff are very helpful after my consultation I told the office that I was not going to proceed with IVF because of financial situations but they still check on me and keep me updated with grants and any other information possible
The cost for IVF is about 15,000 including medications
I didn't get to the point where we spoke about the number of embryo transfers because my insurance doesn't cover IVF
Danbury

Dr. Williams has taken the time to really get to know me and my partner, our issues, and has changed our treatments as necessary....I scheduled my initial consult with him specifically because he seemed like a good fit for me and my husband and I don’t regret that decision even though I usually see other doctors....He’s quieter and less effusive than some of the doctors, but he really listens and takes the time to explain things.
Everyone at the clinic [RMA- Danbury] is great. Finance really goes to bat with insurance to get coverage for procedures. Everyone is always kind and welcoming. Scheduling is usually pretty easy; they were able to accommodate a timing need I had for my last IUI....All of the nursing staff is efficient, kind, and extremely competent....Dr. Williams has taken the time to really get to know me and my partner, our issues, and has changed our treatments as necessary.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
I wish he was in Danbury more often, but I really appreciate the level of detail and care he provides with each procedure. I scheduled my initial consult with him specifically because he seemed like a good fit for me and my husband and I don’t regret that decision even though I usually see other doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
He’s quieter and less effusive than some of the doctors, but he really listens and takes the time to explain things. If that’s the kind of doctor you want, then he’s your guy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Describe the protocols Shaun Williams used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
IUI 1 (Jan 2018)- Letrozole cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger shot cd 14, 2 IUI procedures cd 15-16, Progesterone and Estrace 3-14 dpIUI, negative beta IUI 2 (Feb 2018-ongoing)- Letrozole cd 5-9, Ovidrel trigger shot cd 14, IUI procedure cd 16, Progesterone and Estrace 1dpIUI-now (12dpIUI), beta on 3/2
All of the nursing staff is efficient, kind, and extremely competent.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Everyone at the clinic is great. Finance really goes to bat with insurance to get coverage for procedures. Everyone is always kind and welcoming. Scheduling is usually pretty easy; they were able to accommodate a timing need I had for my last IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut.
The biggest cost was the Ovidrel, which was about $90/cycle (although that came from an outside pharmacy). Most of the in-house costs were covered by insurance.
Shaun Williams

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Hurwitz is very kind and extremely knowledgeable. It seems the push for ivf was always there from the beginning even without trying other avenues. I was very comfortable with Dr Hurtwitz and all his staff. I never had to wait for an answer...We tried the iui cycles as many times as I wanted to given the fact that ivf was so expensive with their office and we had no ivf coverage with our insurance. What ever we wanted Dr H obliged and told her from the beginning it’s not if you get pregnant it’s when.
I never had to wait for an answer [at RMA of Connecticut]. Anyone I spoke with knew my file and protocol. It made getting meds authorizations and insight so much easier...[nurses were] Excellent very knowledgeable and quick to respond to any questions. Very compassionate and kind...Never had to pay a copay every time I went for monitoring. They just sent a bill after a while . It as nice never hounded for $...Appts were scheduled great! Never had to wait ever when I went in for monitoring. They are open super early so I would drive an hour before work to get there with was wonderful! I never had to wait for the doctor in the room everything was so quick
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Hurwitz is very kind and extremely knowledgeable. It seems the push for ivf was always there from the beginning even without trying other avenues. I was very comfortable with Dr Hurtwitz and all his staff. I never had to wait for an answer. Anyone I spoke with knew my file and protocol. It made getting meds authorizations and insight so much easier.
Have faith. No matter the clinic you go to or the best of the best doctor, we all just have to have faith. Dr H and his team are really incredible.
Very detailed consultations. Made me feel very comfortable every time I was there. My own personal nurse was amazing to have. Always got an answer to any question I had!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Costs we covered by my insurance for the procedures we completed. Never had to pay a copay every time I went for monitoring. They just sent a bill after a while . It as nice never hounded for $

Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Murdock treated us very specially. She explained everything we were going through in great detail so we understood everything and all of our options. She has great bedside manner and is very hopeful for us regardless.... My wife had a tube blocked so Dr. Murdock explained that was a big reason why we couldn't get pregnant. So my wife had surgery and got that tube removed. Now we have been through 3 IUI cycles where my wife has been on chlomid and estrogen, but each resulting in negative pregnancies.
Strengths: Friendly, helpful, efficient, great bedside manner, hopeful. You know they [RMA of CT] are doing everything they can to help you get pregnant. Weaknesses: They can get very busy, especially in the morning. Once or twice they had our information confused with someone else.... Most of the nursing staff was great. They treated us well, and were very friendly and efficient. For example: I have bad panic attacks when I get blood taken and almost pass out. One of the nurses was so kind to me and helped me through it that I thought it was the easiest time I've ever had blood taken.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
To make sure you get her as your doctor because she is a great one.
She was very caring and explained every detail particular to our situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths: Friendly, helpful, efficient, great bedside manner, hopeful. You know they are doing everything they can to help you get pregnant. Weaknesses: They can get very busy, especially in the morning. Once or twice they had our information confused with someone else.
I don't remember specifics, but I know we have a co-pay every time we visit (all 30+ times in the past year)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Connecticut.
Once or twice they confused our information with someone else.
Danbury
Dr. Murdock is a great doctor. I trust her clinical expertise. The only thing I would change would be that she discussed more potential risks so I could have prepared for a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I also wish she was a little more compassionate/empathetic.... Antagonist IVF protocol, fresh 5 day transfer that resulted in chemical pregnancy. Frozen embryo transfer which resulted in miscarriage at 8 weeks.
After miscarriage I was provided with several options. I elected to do the D & C procedure, scheduled it with my patient navigator [at RMA of CT]. When going to the office for my confirmatory scan, my doctor told me that they don't do those procedures and they would have to schedule in the hospital. This was very upsetting as it was a difficult choice to make and the idea of being able to do the procedure at my clinic was a huge part of my decision. I did not receive an explanation as to where the miscommunication occurred.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
Ask lots of questions and do your research.
Care was personal and personalized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Erika)
The nurses were amazing. Very compassionate and caring, great at answering questions and being a great resource.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
You must travel to the Norwalk office for weekend monitoring and all surgical procedures. Scheduling is very specific.
Appointments were quick and efficient.
IVF cycle with transfer and meds: $22K Transfer with meds: $12K
They do a max transfer of 2 embryos which I agree with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Connecticut.
After miscarriage I was provided with several options. I elected to do the D & C procedure, scheduled it with my patient navigator. When going to the office for my confirmatory scan, my doctor told me that they don't do those procedures and they would have to schedule in the hospital. This was very upsetting as it was a difficult choice to make and the idea of being able to do the procedure at my clinic was a huge part of my decision. I did not receive an explanation as to where the miscommunication occurred.
Danbury

She [Dr. Murdock] explained her recommendations well when asked. However, we prompted most of the discussions and direction of the initial consultation. She asked our level of knowledge of IVF before going into details of the procedure. And was welcoming of our questions...hard to get a response via email, assumes the patient knows the steps - does not proactively provide information...no-one has followed up with our emails questions - its been 3 days and we are still waiting for a response. I plan to call next week to chase.
[RMA Danbury] Strengths - covers poughkeepsie, more than one doctor, good results and review on other websites Weaknesses - a little far from our house, hard to get a response via email, assumes the patient knows the steps - does not proactively provide information...No one has called me with my results, even when they told me it would be the next day at the time of blood withdrawal No one has contact me with answers to my email questions - it has been over 3 business days now
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at RMA of Connecticut?
She explained her recommendations well when asked. However, we prompted most of the discussions and direction of the initial consultation. She asked our level of knowledge of IVF before going into details of the procedure. And was welcoming of our questions.
Be prepared before going to the meeting. Have a list of questions ready.
Not started the treatment strategy yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
She was covering for our main nurse who was working on another site. She was knowledgeable and answer our questions at the office. However, after we left no-one has followed up with our emails questions - its been 3 days and we are still waiting for a response. I plan to call next week to chase.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
They provide a clear breakdown of testing costs, IVF costs, options PSG testing. We already completed the testing via our previous RE. The IVF+PSG testing is close to $15k
Danbury

He [Dr Hurwitz] was very positive and energetic. He was very focused on our choices and a good cheerleader. At first I didn't understand why he wanted us to understand the science, but I appreciated it later. It felt like he really cared about what happened to us...We did an egg retrieval that resulted in hyperstimulation. Then we did two frozen transfers of 5 day old embryos. I don't know the specifics of the drugs anymore.
I think that their [RMA of Connecticut] strength is that they have such kind people working there that seem focused on the mental well-being of their patients. I have never felt more supported or listened to in a medical environment...We switched nurses in the middle, because our first nurse left. Both were very responsive to all of our questions, and no nonsense but kind.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He was very positive and energetic. He was very focused on our choices and a good cheerleader. At first I didn't understand why he wanted us to understand the science, but I appreciated it later. It felt like he really cared about what happened to us.
Try to absorb as much information in the beginning as you can.
I felt that the whole organization took the time to explain things to us and guide us through tough decisions. I felt like there was a general feeling of kindness and focus on the patient rather than just results. I was very pleased with the whole experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Christina Dias)
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I think that their strength is that they have such kind people working there that seem focused on the mental well-being of their patients. I have never felt more supported or listened to in a medical environment.
It was always early in the morning, which was tough because we were an hour drive away. But a few times when we couldn't make it, they did make a window later in the day for us.
We had insurance, but we had to pay about 2 or 3 thousand out of pocket because of a high deductible.

2019 - 2020
[Dr Joshua Hurwitz is] a great doctor! I don’t have one bad thing to say about him!...Took clomid for 5 days and took a ovidrel trigger shot and then IUI. But resulted in no pregnancy...He explains everything in great detail and shows that he cares!...keeps reassuring me that I will get my family one day! He explains in great detail that it may take a couple times it doesn’t always work on the first try..My experience so far have been great and I can’t wait to see what the future has for me in the end of the treatments!...They only like to do single embryo transfer! They say it’s no safe to put multiple.
Emily [nurse at RMA of Connecticut] is very nice, always calls back and emails me back quick! Calls with results as soon as she receives them!...IVF is not covered and have to pay out of pocket $16,000...They only like to do single embryo transfer! They say it’s no safe to put multiple...I have been seen by a couple different doctors in the clinic and they are all great I don’t have one bad thing to say. You get answers fast, they call you back right away, very clean, all nice people that they have working in all the buildings, they make you feel welcomed!
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He shows that he cares and keeps reassuring me that I will get my family one day! He explains in great detail that it may take a couple times it doesn’t always work on the first try..My experience so far have been great and I can’t wait to see what the future has for me in the end of the treatments!
He’s a great doctor! I don’t have one bad thing to say about him!
He explains everything in great detail and shows that he cares!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Emily is very nice, always calls back and emails me back quick! Calls with results as soon as she receives them!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
clomid, ovidrel and IUI was covered under my insurance, IVF is not covered and have to pay out of pocket $16,000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Joshua Hurwitz] is a very thorough dr, explains everything down to the detail so you clearly understand every possible thing that is going on , very very nice as well. Every consult and appointment I had he made sure I understood everything and that I wasn’t confused on any little detail , we makes sure all his patients go in knowing 100% what’s going on...We went straight to ivf with him so we did saline sonograms , ultrasounds and bloodwork to start. Then started off with follistim and menopur , then adding in ganirelix a few days later
office [RMA of Connecticut] is so heartfelt they all are warm and caring , remember your face and treat you as a friend not just a patient , I have had nothing but the best from them all...you get assigned a nurse, patient advocate and financial advisor so if I ever have any questions I contact them directly instead of having to call the office and ask for them...I’ve been to 3 of their clinics so far and they are all amazing , clean, bright , encouraging . Doesn’t feel like a dark doctors office, it feels like you’re walking into a meeting environment insteas
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He is a very thorough dr, explains everything down to the detail so you clearly understand every possible thing that is going on , very very nice as well. Every consult and appointment I had he made sure I understood everything and that I wasn’t confused on any little detail , we makes sure all his patients go in knowing 100% what’s going on
Be open to all the possibilities
His office is so heartfelt they all are warm and caring , remember your face and treat you as a friend not just a patient , I have had nothing but the best from them all
His whole team is awesome, you get assigned a nurse, patient advocate and financial advisor so if I ever have any questions I contact them directly instead of having to call the office and ask for them
My insurance pretty much covered 100% just some copays here and there

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Williams knows my name and my face, has called me after hours to check on me after bad news or to answer a question, and has come in on his day off to personally handle my egg retrievals and embryo transfers....He has a very calming personality, which balances with my uptight personality. I feel he genuinely cares about me and my success, and I trust his approach without question...Dr. Williams is fantastic...He may appear reserved, but he will answer any question you have and is definitely on your side.
I actually look forward to appointments [at RMA - Danbury] so I can see the entire staff!...Even on days where everyone showed up at once, or there were more patients than normal, monitoring seems to go quickly and smoothly. I cannot think of an instance where I waited more than a few minutes...My nurse understands my needs, and adjusts her approach accordingly. When I received negative results, I felt that she was genuinely as disappointed as I was.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Williams is fantastic - he has called me after hours to check on me after bad news or to answer a question, and has come in on his day off to personally handle my egg retrievals and embryo transfers since he knows my complex situation better than the other doctors. He has a very calming personality, which balances with my uptight personality. I feel he genuinely cares about me and my success, and I trust his approach without question.
He may appear reserved, but he will answer any question you have and is definitely on your side. Ask whatever questions you have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira (nurse), Jill Longo (patient navigator))
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I actually look forward to appointments so I can see the entire staff!
unsure