Genetic counseling: Offered
973-258-4081
475 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-325-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?

2017 - 2019
Staff [RMA of NJ] is all friendly including the men and women who ran the bloodwork and the front desk. Everyone was smiling all the time and very welcoming. Waiting room is a little small and Tuesday morning monitoring always got backed up... otherwise they were quick and efficient!... Called promptly with all results, was a little delayed with call backs (but I know I am not the only patient, just impatient when I have questions). Was able to answer questions or find answers
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Staff is all friendly including the men and women who ran the bloodwork and the front desk. Everyone was smiling all the time and very welcoming. Waiting room is a little small and Tuesday morning monitoring always got backed up... otherwise they were quick and efficient!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Werner was always kind, never acted rushed, was willing to talk in person or over the phone. Understood where I was in my life, and that a break from treatment was necessary and okay.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
How was your experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Werner was kind and compassionate. When we first started we thought we would be in and out in a month or two, then when that did not happen. We were disappointed and needed to talk about options and receive more education. Once this occurred and we took a few months off of care, we were all fully in together and the results came out positive!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask questions up front
Describe the protocols Marie Werner used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We began with clomid and ovidrel for our first two IUI cycles, once the doctor realized that it was not working, she switched us to follistim injections which was showing better results, but still not successful. Endometrium was added and things looked better but still did not stick. I underwent a procedure for polyp removal, then re-tried the follistim, ovidrel, endometrium combination and the very next IUI was a success!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey.
I had to pay out of pocket for a lot in order to reach my deductible, but the team was willing to work with me to pay what I could each month
Eatontown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey.

Other, Unexplained
RMA runs like a well-oiled machine! One time however, my orders did not go through for blood work/ultrasound. It was quickly resolved within a few minutes.... Another aspect that we really enjoyed/appreciated about RMA, is that we had our own nurse, and she was AMAZING! She always expressed genuine concern about how we were doing, and offered her assistance in whatever we needed along the way.... RMA had comparable charges to the previous clinic we went to.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall, we were very happy with the clinic. Although there were a few very nice lab techs, there were also a few that were not. I usually tried to make light of the situation, as early morning appointments are not always fun, and I am not a fan of needles. In making said conversations with the lab techs, some of their demeanors expressed as though they were not interested in engaging in conversation, or that their statements were "forced." Since we suspended our treatments however, RMA has moved to a new and much larger facility. Having said that, they may have more lab techs now which would allow patients to engage with a more diverse amount of employees.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Starting with our initial consult, Dr. Franasiak made us feel like more than a number, and like actual people. He had great bed-side manner, yet was always up front with us in regards to what we were facing with Secondary Unexplained Infertility. He was always understanding of our feelings, and justified our frustrations. Another aspect that we really enjoyed/appreciated about RMA, is that we had our own nurse, and she was AMAZING! She always expressed genuine concern about how we were doing, and offered her assistance in whatever we needed along the way. We went to a previous infertility clinic and did not receive anywhere near the same personal care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth Harley)
We really enjoyed/appreciated that we had our own nurse, and she was AMAZING! Beth was always available to talk with, and if she was unable to answer, she always returned our call in a timely fashion. She also had very good bed-side manner, in addition to a positive attitude which was always so pleasant, especially when I was having a rough time/day. One time in particular we thought we would not receive our medication in time. Beth sat down with us, listened to the concerns we expressed and reassured us that all would work out; that we would find a way regardless of what needed to be done. Her calm and confident disposition assisted me in calming down as well. I called her after we suspended our care with RMA, as I had a few questions. We engaged in conversation for a decent amount of time. She expressed genuine concern about how we were doing, in addition to other matters. Never once did she attempt to rush me off the phone, or display any negativity in the amount of time it took to address/resolve our concerns. We went to a previous infertility clinic and did not receive anywhere near the same personal care.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Starting with our initial consult, Dr. Franasiak made us feel like more than a number, and like actual people. He had great bed-side manner, yet was always up front with us in regards to what we were facing with Secondary Unexplained Infertility. He was always understanding of our feelings, and justified our frustrations with the lack of answers the tests/treatments/results were able to provide. When we decided it was best for me to take a break from treatments, we had a discussion with Dr. Frasnasiak about same. He reassured us that everything was done by all parties in an effort to conceive a baby, and that all progressed "as it should." He also stated that if we felt it was in my best interest to take some time to ourselves, it was understandable and that if we ever decide to continue with treatment, he will be there to assist us. Although the three treatment (IUI) cycles we went through did not result in a pregnancy, my husband and I were very glad that we chose Dr. Franasiak at RMA, and that they were a part of our journey. We highly recommend him to anyone in the area trying to conceive a baby!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Franasiak was extremely knowledgable about infertility and the procedures and treatments of same. Although it was initially difficult for me to remain calm during the treatment cycle, I quickly learned how educated he is and that I needed to put my full trust in him. He is very smart and was aware of our case in great detail. Let the doctors do their job, and in doing so it is (or was for us) easier to remain more calm throughout the treatment cycle.
Describe the protocols Jason M. Franasiak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We previously completed four treatment cycles at another clinic, to no avail. Three of which I was prescribed Clomid, and the final one we used Gonal-F. Dr. Franasiak started my first treatment cycle with Gonal-F and had increased my dosage to 100 mL, which was higher than we had previously been prescribed. My follicles developed at different rates each time however, Dr. Franasiak kept a close eye on same. That being said, I did not use Gonal-F for the same number of days each cycle. A few times we were asked to come in a couple days in a row, rather than every other day. This was for Dr. Franasiak's reassurance that all was happening as planned, and to prevent over development of my follicles and any other potential issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey.
My husband and I have very good insurance. Although our specialist copay is $5, when reviewing the EOBs/claims, RMA had comparable charges to the previous clinic we went to.
Marlton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey.

Everyone [RMA of New Jersey] was very nice and explained things extensively. We got all the paperwork we needed. Everyone we came in contact with was compassionate and make sure we understood everything we needed to. We barely had a wait and were back with the doctor almost immediately.... We first went to our consult with Dr. Thomas Molinaro and he wanted to know everything in our past, he explained EVERYTHING, and made me feel so much more comfortable with the treatments we were about to undergo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Everyone was very nice and explained things extensively. We got all the paperwork we needed. Everyone we came in contact with was compassionate and make sure we understood everything we needed to. We barely had a wait and were back with the doctor almost immediately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
We first went to our consult with Dr. Thomas Molinaro and he wanted to know everything in our past, he explained EVERYTHING, and made me feel so much more comfortable with the treatments we were about to undergo. He made sure I understood everything and gave me a sense of confidence that everything was going to go well. It has been a long road so far and for the first time I feel like things are going somewhere. Insurance is covering only $1,000 and we have every opportunity to shop around for cheaper treatment but as comfortable he made us feel I would find a way just to continue to see him. I would recommend him to anyone I know who is struggling with fertility!
She explained everything and was very compassionate
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
He is very compassionate, well educated, and has great bed side manner. He made me feel so comfortable with everything and gave me a sense of confidence that everything was going to work out well. He explained everything to great extent and made sure I understood each process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
You will not regret it. I was so nervous before hand and once we sat with him it all went away.
Describe the protocols Thomas Molinaro used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I have been on letrozole for 3 cycles with my OBGYN and he wants me to do one or two with him so he can monitor me. He explained the difference with IUI/injections and IVF with PCOS.
Eatontown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.

2013 - 2019
9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
This [RMA of New Jersey] is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.... The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.... The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.
2013 - 2019
9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh has great bedside manner. He remembered me from my initial visits five years prior and offered great support as I decided between two paths to motherhood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alana)
Alana was such a comforting part of this whole process. She was quick to call with results and answer questions, always eager to help. She even called to check in months after my fertility preservation.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh gave me hope for fertility preservation after cancer, even while being honest about my limited chances. He clearly explained each part of the process and what it meant for my future. He brought compassion and humor when my news wasn’t what I was hoping for and helped me navigate my next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Arrive with questions and a notebook. He will advise you of what notes to take from your consultation so you can remember everything from your visit.
Describe the protocols Paul Bergh used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I had to do two separate egg retrieval’s as my first med protocol did not stimulate me well enough. This was a challenge due to my low AMH and ovary recovering from cancer surgery. The second protocol produce three times more eggs and was much more successful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.
My fertility preservation was largely covered by a grant for cancer patients.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.

This [RMA of NJ] is a well-oiled machine. Everything is really efficient from the nursing team, to the financial coordinator to the staff on the day of your egg retrieval/transfer. You can tell that they work really hard at understanding the process so they can get people through and do things right. I'd love to have some sort of patient portal to view all my bloodwork but can see where that make some patients crazy. I love that I get a call from my nurse within 3-4 hours of doing bloodwork and know exactly what's next for my protocol.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is a well-oiled machine. Everything is really efficient from the nursing team, to the financial coordinator to the staff on the day of your egg retrieval/transfer. You can tell that they work really hard at understanding the process so they can get people through and do things right. I'd love to have some sort of patient portal to view all my bloodwork but can see where that make some patients crazy. I love that I get a call from my nurse within 3-4 hours of doing bloodwork and know exactly what's next for my protocol.
Dr Molinaro is straightforward but kind. He isn't pushy in his recommendations and goes through all your options so you feel like you actually have a say in the process. His office is very friendly and I'm always able to get a hold of someone no matter what. That's a huge differentiator here. Knowing that my nursing team understands what I need during this process too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy is great. She's quick to respond to all my questions and is through in explaining the process for me. The rest of the nurses at the clinic are fantastic too!
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
I love that when I go to see Dr. Molinaro that he tells me the next steps right there- I don't feel like I have to wait for him to make a decision. We've had a few setbacks but he's called to check-in and offer support every time and I can ask him about different options to try and trust that he knows exactly what to do to make sure that we get over the finish line. I've already recommended him to two friends.
Ask all your questions - Dr. Molinaro knows it all and don't be afraid to ask about alternative options and what he's seen be successful/unsuccessful. He's looking at understanding the full picture here of your story so that you can have a good outlook.
I was on an agonist protocol with low dose HCG and Follistim. 10 units of low dose HCG and 275 of Follistim. I triggered with Lupron. I know that after egg retrieval, they did some sort of calcium addition to help with egg fertilization which helped a lot. We did a freeze-all cycle and had PGS testing done which resulted in 7 normal blastocysts. First transfer cycle- we transferred one embryo which resulted in an early miscarriage.
Most days I could get in and out in 20 minutes. I've waited as long as 45 minutes to get done, however, once you know those busy times, you can maneuver your schedule a bit to adjust. It never derailed my morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.
PGS testing, Embyro storage fees. All the rest was charged and covered by insurance
Eatontown

The clinic [RMA of NJ] is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.... Jackie has been a god-send during this process. She has a very upbeat personality and is always willing to talk or answer any questions I may have.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.
Dr Bergh took the time to talk to me individually and explain the treatment process and why he was opting to do that process over others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Bergh was very candid with me and told me "how it was". He didn't sidestep anything because it was uncomfortable, he just said it in a blunt yet respectful manner. After I had a bad reaction to the medicine the first round, he worked with me to figure out a plan and continues to do so afterwards.
Don't see him if you want someone to hold your hand, he will just tell you how it is and keep going.
I am on track to do 4 medicated IUI cycles and if they do not take, move forward with IVF. First IUI I was given 50mg Gonal-F and then was increased to 150mg with an Ovradrell trigger shot. After starting the Gonal-F, my migraines that I have had since a teenager were uncontrollable. Reaching out to Dr Bergh regarding this, he switched my medicine to Clomid, 50mg for the second cycle. If the 4 IUI's do not take, I will meet with him beforehand to discuss the treatment options for IVF due to the necessary medication.
unknown
Describe Paul Bergh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Basking Ridge

I feel that all doctors at RMA that I have met with are strongly against multiple embryo transfers. Yet Ive had 3 failed transfere with pgs tested embryos. We may consider putting in 2 if my 4th transfer fails...is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Kaser is compassionate and has great bed side manner. He took on my infertility case after 1 failed and 1 ectopic cycle. He was thorough and took his time with me. He is honest and down to earth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa Katzman)
Marissa has been with me since day 1 which is May 2017. She is professional, organized and consistent. She is compassionate and just great at what she does. Her communication skills are strong. She listens carefully, answers all questions and if she does not know the answer follows up. She communicates both on email and phone and has a sense of urgency when needed.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Kasee is a great listener. He reviews all my records prior to meeting with me and always shows up prepared. He is a great colloborator. My situation is complicated because both my partner and I are healthy, no issues, except my age of 39. I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Do you research because Dr Kaser is a professional who wants his patients to be at the table making decisions with him. Come prepared with questions, he is very patient and will answer all your questions.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I was under Dr. Kaser's care for my 3rd FET. He had me take my estrace pills vaginally to increase the lining quicker and the standard progesterone dosage. Prior to the cycle he performed an ERA and endometrial biopsy to ensure we were transfering on the right day and there was no infection. Unfortunately my 3rd FET resulted in a negative pregnancy test and we will be changing the protocol significantly for my 4th
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.
With just Dr Kaser about 15,000
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Hamilton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.

2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
RMA has a large set of resources available due to it's size but then sometimes appointments can be hard to get and you may have to travel a distance for some treatments depending on how close you live to the main center. They have very educated and capable staff but I often found it difficult to get someone directly on the phone.... Egg donor/retrieval cost approximately $25,000. Embryo transfer was approximately $5000.
2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Franasiak was always willing and available to answer questions or concerns, even returning phone calls late at night. He has a very empathetic bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Columbo)
Samantha was the most understanding and compassionate nurse I have met through this process. She addressed every concern and question I had immediately, never making me wait long for information. She also allowed me to provide suggestions about how I wanted my care to be carried out and assisted in adjusting things when I requested it.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Franasiak is caring and gentle. He uses the best available evidence to assist him in his decisions and is willing to research for additional treatments that may assist pregnancy. He is thoughtful and I believe he is making the best decisions ossible with regards to my needs and my care
Ask as many questions as you can think of and write them down as prep for meeting with the doctor.
We started with egg retrieval immediately as he didn't feel IUI was an option for me. He tried egg retrieval twice but then felt it wouldn't be ethical to continue trying as I was a "low responder." We moved onto an egg donor which initially produced a pregnancy. I was offered acupuncture on day of transfer. The miscarriage occurred after my discharge from fertility care. Now they have placed me on probiotics/prebiotics in prep for my next transfer cycle.
Morning monitoring was always much earlier than I needed it to be before work. Most of the time, I had a minimal wait period in the waiting room but on occasion they got backed up.
Egg donor/retrieval cost approximately $25,000. Embryo transfer was approximately $5000. All appointments with ultrasounds were $500 and doctor's consult was $250 each time.
Describe Jason M. Franasiak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
My doctor prefers single embryo transfers due to evidence indicating it is equally successful and less harmful to the baby and the mother.
Marlton

The clinic [RMA of NJ] is well organized and the front desk staff are warm and friendly. They are a well oiled machine. They always return phone calls promptly. Christina is in the finance department and she was very helpful and thorough.... Unfortunately they do not offer any discount or deal for people like myself who have no infertility coverage. They connect you with a pharmacy that offers a discount but the price of meds is still great. I am just starting IVF
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is well organized and the front desk staff are warm and friendly. They are a well oiled machine. They always return phone calls promptly. Christina is in the finance department and she was very helpful and thorough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He is extremely personable and warm. He draws pictures and explains thoroughly to ensure you understand. He is also very empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Julie Cochrane)
The nurses are very thorough, especially Julie who was assigned to me. She was always prompt in returning my calls and would listen to all of my concerns. She is clearly well versed in all things fertility and is very efficient in keeping tabs on what I should be doing and checking in with me.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Rybak is a very kind and knowledgeable person. He seemed to really care and exuded positive energy. He makes the patient feel comfortable and hopeful that their experience will be a success. He asks a lot of questions and is thorough in his answers. He presents as very invested in his patients and is extremely compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Have questions you would like to ask written down in advance.
Describe the protocols Eli Rybak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I came from other fertility doctors so he reviewed by file and determined IVF was the best choice for me. He did a saline ultrasound and determined my uterus posed a problem for future pregnancy so he made sure I had that taken care of before starting treatment. I was hesitant to start since I am a self pay patient and he was very patient and understanding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey.
Unfortunately they do not offer any discount or deal for people like myself who have no infertility coverage. They connect you with a pharmacy that offers a discount but the price of meds is still great. I am just starting IVF and expect to pay around 30, 000 which is more than my yearly salary as a teachers assistant!
Describe Eli Rybak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Englewood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey.

The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.... My nurse was nice. The only problem was, she had a variable schedule and I was often having to be in contact with other nurses in order to figure things out. So there was a little confusion on who to contact when, but overall it was fine.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Fischer was extremely kind, answered all my questions, scheduled extra phone calls when I wanted to, and was also extremely positive even when we received what I thought was discouraging news. She pointed out reasons for hope and optimism and was encouraging the whole way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandee)
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
I really liked Dr. Fischer as my doctor. She was warm, patient, reassuring, and supportive. The only question I had was whether her lack of experience was going to impact anything (she only recently started practicing). But in terms of bedside manner, she was wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand the process and what to expect. Dr. Fischer is more than happy to answer all of your questions.
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did the strongest protocol ("maxed out") due to my low AFC and AMH, which meant that I took hcg with Follistim 450. Then I took cetrotide for the trigger shot.
The monitoring visits were quick and easy. For the most part, it did not feel like a "cattle call." The wait room is big, so it doesn't feel crowded, and they kept it moving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.
For embryo freezing, it was about $18,000 including ICSI and CCS. Then I paid another $4,000 for meds, but that turned out to be covered by insurance.
Catha Fischer
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
That you have to be at your appointments before 7:30am, with some flexibility. ... The window was between 6am to 7:30am. The nurse coordinator would email me a monthly cycle itinerary. ... They [RMA of New Jersey] are very thorough with blood work and examinations on a weekly basis. I did have a phlebotomist hit a nerve while tying to draw blood. Overall, the staff was friendly and nice to be around. ...The nurse coordinator, Hillary, would return my phone calls in a timely manner and answer all of my questions.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
That you have to be at your appointments before 7:30am, with some flexibility. They are very thorough with blood work and examinations on a weekly basis. I did have a phlebotomist hit a nerve while tying to draw blood. Overall, the staff was friendly and nice to be around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Hillary Silva)
Hillary was a good communicator and answered all of my concerns. She would update me with all of my blood work results promptly and schedule me for all of my weekly appointments.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
He was a nice doctor. He knew what steps and procedures I needed in order for me to have a successful IVF cycle process. He knew what medications I needed to take in order to increase my chances of getting pregnant with less chances of having a miscarriage.
To make sure they know how many injections they will have to take and how many office visits they will have to go to per cycle. Find out how much out of pocket costs they will have to pay for upfront.
The 1st month was the diagnostic month, where they ran tests on me and my husband. Next, he removed my uterine polyps. Then he put me on injectable hormones for the egg retrieval. Then I had the egg transfer and I got pregnant right away. He monitored me for the next 8 weeks to make sure that embryo was growing correctly through the beginning of my pregnancy.
Over $5,000 out of pocket
Marlton

The clinic [RMA of NJ] is very efficient and runs very well. Even with many people in the office, monitoring hours always went smoothly. The office is very clean and is employed with many sweet professionals who genuinely care about outcomes. ... She [nurse] always answered my questions and was very prompt at obtaining information from the doctor when I requested it. ... Also, results were always received so quickly - my nurse was always touching base with me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is very efficient and runs very well. Even with many people in the office, monitoring hours always went smoothly. The office is very clean and is employed with many sweet professionals who genuinely care about outcomes.
The office is very efficient - but each time I met with a doctor or nurse - they took the time to speak with me, to provide answers and to comfort me. Also, results were always received so quickly - my nurse was always touching base with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Ribaudo)
My nurse was amazing. She was so prompt with emails and calling with results, really took the time to show me how to use some of the medications and spent one morning with me when I was very emotional - she took time out of her schedule to listen to me, give me a shoulder to lean on and acted as a friend when I needed it. She always answered my questions and was very prompt at obtaining information from the doctor when I requested it.
How was your experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Werner was very compassionate, knowledgeable and professional. She was always very thorough when laying out options and treatment plans and never pushed me in any direction - she always told me she would support my choices. She made it easy for me to make the decisions that were right for me. She was always checking in on how I was feeling and never made me feel rushed or unimportant. Her bedside manner is incredible - she genuinely took setbacks as hard as I did. I felt like she really fought for me throughout the process.
Not to feel shy to ask questions. Dr. Werner will always give you her full attention and she wants to make sure her patients are informed.
I went straight to IVF with ICSI given some male infertility issues we had, in addition to my struggles with PCOS. After my first egg retrieval, after genetic testing, I only had 1 viable embryo, so my husband went to a urologist and then we did a second retrieval after he had a tese procedure done. That resulted in two viable embryos. With three embryos, we decided to transfer the strongest one in January 2019. I am currently almost 10 weeks pregnant.
There were many people but it was a well oiled machine. I was typically in and out within 20 minutes.
Describe Marie Werner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
My understanding was the SET was a bit more effective, and that is all my insurance would cover, so a multiple embryo transfer was never really discussed. Also, given my age, I don't think I would have elected for a multiple embryo transfer.

2011 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
2011 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA NJ has many satellite locations, which makes it easier to get to. The main location in Basking Ridge is beautiful and the rooms are very private, which is nice. They offer complementary protocols, like acupuncture, during the transfer, which makes it easier. The waiting times can be long if it's a busy morning, though if you get there really early, you can avoid that. They have great success rates and will work with you to make it financially feasible.
Dr. Bergh took the time to discuss all options and answer my questions patiently. I was assigned a specific nurse who was always available for me specifically. I felt very much like my team knew me and my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
The nurses are assigned to each patient, so you feel like a person, not a number. My nurse was patient with me and tried to do what she could to help me.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
I saw him only at the beginning of each cycle, as well as when one embryo miscarried. He was compassionate throughout. It was always clear that he was the guiding force behind all the decisions. All decisions were made by him, even if he didn't see me and was using other doctor's notes to make those informed decisions. My actual meeting with him was lengthy and comprehensive, and I felt listened to.
He is a great doctor and very knowledgeable and you will be in good hands.
We went through IVF with ICSI. The retrieval was successful but Dr. Bergh was concerned that I would hyperstimulate, so he took the time to explain why he wanted to freeze all the embryos and do a frozen transfer in 6 weeks. Though it was disappointing to me, he really helped me understand why. And then the transfer of two embryos was successful, though one miscarried at 5 weeks, and Dr. Bergh was there to help me. The first frozen cycle used Lupron to set up the cycle. The second cycle went with my natural period. Both transfers resulted in a live birth. I have a son and a daughter now and we are very thankful.
I sometimes waited a long time to be seen. If I got there early, I got seen earlier. They did try to hurry things along by getting blood done and then waiting for ultrasound after, but if it was a busy morning, I waited for over an hour.
At the beginning of my first IVF cycle, I signed up a special program through ARK, where I paid roughly $21,000 for 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles until I conceived. It was so relieving to know that if one didn't work, I wouldn't have to shell out tons more to try again. In the end, we used one fresh and one frozen cycle for my son. I think we spent another $4500 for PGD, which was fortuitous because of my 15 embryos, 5 were abnormal and I am so relieved I didn't have to live through a miscarriage from transferring an abnormal embryo.
Dr. Bergh encouraged one embryo though he allowed me two in my first transfer. He said he would pick the best embryo from those available to make it most likely to succeed.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [RMA of NJ] functions like a well oiled machine in terms of the process. Completing the diagnostic test, egg retrieval and transfer.... There isn't a holistic approach. They do not ask about supplements and so I don't know if taking or not taking supplements impacted by results. They did not give me enough time to search for an affordable pharmacy which meant I used a recommended pharmacy. Glen Rock pharmacy is not managed well and not professional and and it caused a lot of added stress
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic's monitoring hours were convenient. The clinic functions like a well oiled machine in terms of the process. Completing the diagnostic test, egg retrieval and transfer. They assigned modules before the egg retrieval that would have been helpful to review while completing the diagnostic tests so that i had a better sense of what would happen next and that could have helped me figure out more questions to ask in regards to my care. There isn't a holistic approach. They do not ask about supplements and so I don't know if taking or not taking supplements impacted by results. They did not give me enough time to search for an affordable pharmacy which meant I used a recommended pharmacy. Glen Rock pharmacy is not managed well and not professional and and it caused a lot of added stress. In addition, I felt the same way about GeneScreen for genetic counseling. For a professional and renowned institution one would think they were have more professional partners/affiliations .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
She seemed to care about my situation and outcome. She followed-up a couple of times after the cycle failed. There doesn't seem like there is a lot of customization of protocols. Its not really a holistic approach to fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
She tried to follow-up in timely manner. I had quite a few questions as the cycle progressed and she answered them throughly and explained why she provided the answer. Sometimes the transfer of information did not go smoothly when she was out of the office and another nurse was in charge of my case.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
She seemed caring and she always discussed her plan in terms of research. She tried to provide honest recommendations based on my situation. She doesn't really take a holistic approach. There was some information that she could have provided earlier in the process that could have helped my outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Research and ask question. Ask why she is choosing some drugs over others.
Describe the protocols Marcy Maguire used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
High level of follistim, hCG and lupron. While she was good about explaining the diagnostic process and my diagnosis she did not really explain why she used the protocol and what she was trying to accomplish with each drug. I ended up with a lead follicle. Talking to others an reading articles, there may have been a better way to handle the lead follicle to allow other follicles to catch up.
A times there were a lot of patients during monitoring hours. However, I always tried to arrive relatively early and I never had to wait too long. It was relatively close to my job so their hours in conjunction with my work hours worked well. On most days I did not have to wait long unless they were having staffing issues. However, West Orange does not have Saturday hours which is very inconvenient; all patients have to go to Basking Ridge and the wait is a little longer because everyone who goes to their other clinics are funneled to one facility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey.
I do not recall; it was a lot.
Describe Marcy Maguire's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Marcy Maguire
West Orange

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey.

When having ultrasound monitoring in Basking Ridge [RMA] on the weekends, I never knew which doctor I would be seeing and that experience was a bit too cold and 'assembly line' for me...I appreciate that they have a long line of patients to monitor each morning, but the doctors need to also appreciate that fertility patients aren't just a number. We need a little extra TLC at each interaction, after all we are having a probe stuck up our vagina (!!) and worried about every step of the way in trying have a baby. One doctor in particular - Ashley Tiegs (I believe she was a Fellow) - was very cold, literally in and out, blurting out some information, never even made eye contact with me. That was the one and only truly negative experience that I ever had at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - Essentially it's a one stop shop for almost anything you need as part of your fertility treatment. I even had an outpatient surgery (hysteroscopy and polyp removal) under RMA and the care I experienced was excellent. I was very impressed with the high level of coordination between departments and the communication and responsiveness - everything from medical and nursing consultations to finance to embryology. It was a seamless experience for me as the patient, which is not always easy to come by! Weaknesses - I always had to drive to Basking Ridge for blood work/monitoring on the weekends. Also when having ultrasound monitoring in Basking Ridge on the weekends, I never knew which doctor I would be seeing and that experience was a bit too cold and 'assembly line' for me...I appreciate that they have a long line of patients to monitor each morning, but the doctors need to also appreciate that fertility patients aren't just a number. We need a little extra TLC at each interaction, after all we are having a probe stuck up our vagina (!!) and worried about every step of the way in trying have a baby. One doctor in particular - Ashley Tiegs (I believe she was a Fellow) - was very cold, literally in and out, blurting out some information, never even made eye contact with me. That was the one and only truly negative experience that I ever had at RMA.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong has a really nice approach and 'bedside manner' - each interaction that we've had has been a reassuring experience. She's very detailed and takes time to explain everything and answer questions. She's highly approachable, kind, and responsive, even in between appointments. She called me directly when it was needed to explain any major change in my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Browning)
I only had one in person interaction with Dayna, the rest were all phone calls, but each one has been very positive. She is highly energetic, optimistic, and empathetic. She is very responsive and takes the time to explain each step and answer my questions. She has exceeded my expectations for nursing support at a clinic as huge as RMA NJ.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong is very approachable and easy to talk with. She was very helpful in explaining everything and taking the time to answer our questions until we were satisfied. She comes across to me as very research/fact based and practical, which is why I think we immediately liked working with her. She has a lot of energy, but is also caring and sensitive. I appreciate the ability to be able to speak with her directly on the phone even in between appointments. Our treatment plan changed a few times and she proactively called me to explain the rationale behind each decision. She performed almost all of my monitoring visits and also performed my embryo transfer. I always felt in good hands, both clinically and compassion-wise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask as many questions as you have until you are comfortable and fully understand your course of treatment. You will be well taken care of.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hong used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
When we first consulted with Dr. Hong, she reviewed several treatment strategies with us. We already had frozen embryos in storage from our first IVF cycle, but they were still at Boston IVF. We wanted to try for another child using only these frozen embryos (we were not interested in pursuing any further IVF cycles). She explained several available options, and ultimately we decided that we would ship our embryos to RMA NJ (the most expensive shipping of my life!!). We would then do an embryo thaw to perform CCS, in order to rule out any unviable embryos. Next the viable remaining embryos would be frozen again in preparation for FET. We also discussed option for knowing the sex. I would undergo a natural (unmedicated) cycle. I didn't even know that natural cycles were an option with FET! I was very happy about this. Although it required more monitoring leading up the time of ovulation (many 6am appointments!!), the bonus was that I didn't have to take any medications aside from the trigger shot and then progesterone (vaginal suppository). Only one injection! It was so much easier than my previous fresh IVF cycle. Right before our embryos shipped, Dr. Hong called me in a panic because she had just been discussing our case with the embryologist who realized in my medical records that our former IVF cycle was the result of conventional IVF, not ICSI. You cannot do CCS with conventional IVF embryos! We were initially very disappointed to hear this, but rebounded quickly and decided to pursue the FET cycle without any genetic testing, just letting nature take its course so to speak. Ultimately we got very lucky. The first natural cycle FET led to pregnancy, and our baby girl was born at 41 weeks on 11/30/2018.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.
We received financial counseling from the first consultation. The ballpark cost that we were originally expecting for thawing/refreezing/CCS testing of embryos (none of which would be covered by insurance) would be approx. $6550. In addition, we would be paying for the courier to move our embryos from Boston to NJ = approximately $800. The FET cycle itself was expected to cost $4,475 + upwards of $1600 for medication. My insurance would offset some of this cost.
Describe Kathleen Hong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Hong was very clear from the beginning that we would do a single embryo transfer. I didn't challenge it.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.

The clinic [RMA of NJ] was awesome I have no negative things to say, the facility was beautiful the staff was always friendly and there hours were tremendously accommodating. We could get early appointments so our treatments never effected our work life.... Michelle was AMAZING! I have no other words but wonderful things to say about Michelle, she was compassionate, straight forward, and always on top of my medical care. I know she had a lot of others to deal with but I felt like I was her number one priority all the time.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was awesome I have no negative things to say, the facility was beautiful the staff was always friendly and there hours were tremendously accommodating. We could get early appointments so our treatments never effected our work life.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris, Nurse Michelle and her staff were wonderful. We always understood the path for our treatment and her calm understanding and teams constant communication made a very intense process as stress free as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Lowe)
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Morris made us feel like we were her only patients, it was always a very personal experience. When we first began the fertility process we were nervous and unsure what to expect, we chose Dr Morris because her RMA video was very relatable and we were not disappointed. While she is very direct and to the point she managed to do it in a way with such compassion. Her staff was the same way, when we graduated from RMA back to our regular doctor I remember feeling a bit sad because we would miss dealing with her and her team. As we look to have our second we wouldn’t hesitate for a minute going back to RMA with Dr Morris
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Rely on her and her staff they are great and don’t loose hope!
Describe the protocols Jamie Morris used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We ended up doing injectables and IUI, Dr. Morris felt they would be the most effective for our situation and she was right. I really appreciated how she did not push IVF even after the first few IUIs didn’t work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey.
My husband dealt with the financial aspect of the care. The billing department was easy to deal with from what I recall.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
RMA can feel like a cattle call. I do not find monitoring hours to be convenient...The AM time frames are exhaustingly early and strict. There is no wiggle room in their schedule because they see so many patients in a day. Just know you’ll be there 3+ times a week before dawn, and there will still be a line...RMA can be very clinical - you do feel like a number there. Dr. Chu and the rest of the team at Englewood do their best to treat you like a “human”.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is the best in NJ. They have the best birth rates and I know three people who have beautiful babies because of their care. RMA can feel like a cattle call. I do not find monitoring hours to be convenient since I still must travel a ways regardless of location. The AM time frames are exhaustingly early and strict. There is no wiggle room in their schedule because they see so many patients in a day. Just know you’ll be there 3+ times a week before dawn, and there will still be a line. I’m getting used to it though.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
RMA can be very clinical - you do feel like a number there. Dr. Chu and the rest of the team at Englewood do their best to treat you like a “human”. Honestly, it depends on my mood. Many times I’m frustrated that I am there, dealing with this situation and there really is no amount of personable care that would make it feel less sterile. It’s the situation in itself that makes the process feel like this. I don’t believe Dr. Chu is responsible for my feelings though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
There were times I was frustrated by the nursing situation. Many times RMA runs like a well oiled Machine And you are expected to just trust your team. That is not my personality, and I like knowing the details and reasoning for each procedure/medicine adjustment. After explaining this and requesting my documented paperwork - I received more explicit detailed messages and feel happier about the situation. I also recently received a new nurse assignment and appreciate her style much more than my original assigned nurse.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Chu, so far, has been great. I appreciate her candor. Although, I wish I could get ahold of her directly verses having to call my nurse, wait for a response then speak through the nurse. But, that’s RMA’s policy not the doctor’s.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
If you don’t mind straight forward advice and no fluff - yes. She’s smart and to the point. You need to understand what type of doctor you need prior to joining RMA. If you need more emotional support Dr. Cosantini may be a better fit, and she’s in the same location.
Describe the protocols Micheline Chu used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I’ve done only medicated IUIs all according to our plan - but extended quantity wise due to Insurance requiring a “lesser vs. more” clause.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance covered some, but I did hit my deductibles. I also suspect I will hit my next year deductible as well.
Describe Micheline Chu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
No experience here
Micheline Chu
Englewood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Monitoring appointments were very organized and well run and wait times were much shorter than I experienced at other clinics. During our treatment cycles we went to many RMA locations for monitoring and experienced this same level of efficiency.... RMA-NJ's greatest strength is that they are successful. At the end of the day this should be the number one factor in choosing a fertility clinic. But as you peel back the onion you realize that they are successful because they are uniquely strong in so many areas.
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA-NJ's greatest strength is that they are successful. At the end of the day this should be the number one factor in choosing a fertility clinic. But as you peel back the onion you realize that they are successful because they are uniquely strong in so many areas. Some strengths: - Excellent at communication (via phone and email) - Centralized records that the medical team can access so that information is shared - Innovative: They conduct research and trials so they are always pushing for innovation and new approaches, - Convenient: They have a lot of locations in NJ and you can monitor at any of them - Flexible: This is so important if you are out of state, like we were. They will work with you and make the process seamless - Excellent doctors - Competent, knowledgeable, and organized nurses - CCS/PGS lab in house (they donated the CCS lab that they developed to a non-profit and it's located at their headquarters) - Highly skilled embryologists Minor weaknesses: - I don't love their email system but this is a problem with many clinics. It worked out ok for us though. - There isn't an online portal to get results information and I like to have all the information during my cycles so that I can follow along. My nurses were happy to provide this to me though. I wouldn't want to trade interaction with my doctors and nurses for a portal, though.
Out of all the doctors I've worked with at four different clinics Dr. Molinaro is the only one that provided his direct email address and was reachable by phone without having to go through many people. When things were time sensitive, Dr. Molinaro always replied to emails promptly (usually within the same day) or called back on the same day. I was able to put my trust in Dr. Molinaro which was a relief after the experiences I had with doctors at other clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Beth is highly competent, organized, knowledgeable, and responsive. When we met with her at the consultation she provided her direct email address and direct phone number so I knew I could always reach her if I need to. She has been great at answering our questions and walking us through the process and guiding us on what to expect every step of the way. She has been supportive of us through the ups and downs, the worries, the hopes and the fears. When Beth is not available or out of the office the other nurses have also been responsive and communicative. RMA-NJ is a well oiled machine and you never feel like you're treatment is slipping through the cracks. Everyone on the team knows what's going on.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
My experience with RMA and Dr. Molinaro was exactly what I was looking for after settling for less at other clinics and with other doctors. One thing that immediately stood out to me was that he was reachable. He gave us his direct email address, which may seem like a small thing but for us this was very different than what we experienced at other clinics. Dr. Molinaro has a lot of confidence in his clinic and in their protocols but he was always patient with answering my questions and listening to my concerns. I am someone who wants to understand everything that's going (so that I can then let go and trust the process) so it was helpful that he was willing to answer questions and talk through things. It's clear to me that he really wants his patients to feel both physically and emotionally healthy.
Trust him but ask questions. He'll patiently answer them and put you at ease.
We did an Antagonist protocol with estrogen priming which included Estrace for 10 days (during the luteal phase) leading up to CD1. Low dose HCG starting on CD1, Gonal F (or Follistim) starting on CD3, Ganirelix (or Cetrotide) starting on CD8, Omnitrope (HGH) for last few days before retrieval. - The rational for estrogen priming with Estrace was to facilitate a more gradual and coordinated growth of follicles. - The low dose-HCG is a much less expensive alternative to Menopur. We were given the option of Menopur or low dose HCG and we picked low dose HCG because of the cost (and had better results). - The Gonal F (or Follistim) was used to stimulate the follicles to grow - The Ganirelix (or Cetrotide) was used to prevent ovulation while stimulating. - The Omnitrope (HGH) was an add-on (optional) which we added to improve egg quality. The jury is still out on it but we had success in the two cycles where we used it (and failure in the 2 cycles where we didn't) so I think it's worth trying. With this protocol we had more eggs retrieved, more fertilized eggs, more blasts, and more PGS/CCS euploid embryos.
Monitoring at RMA is quite early in the morning (6-7:30 am) which was sometimes hard for us because we were coming from out of state and typically arriving very late at night the night before. But, early mornings are an integral and expected part of the IVF process so we adapted. Monitoring appointments were very organized and well run and wait times were much shorter than I experienced at other clinics. During our treatment cycles we went to many RMA locations for monitoring and experienced this same level of efficiency.
Describe Thomas Molinaro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
With PGS/CCS euploid embryos our clinic transfers one embryo

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Clinic [RMA of New Jersey] is nice the front desk staff I feel are too chatty especially about other patients information when people are in the waiting room and they whisper and act inappropriately sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and awkward especially when you’re waiting a while to be seen. Clinic is set up nice reminds me of a bee hive very big and spacious... [the nurse] is wonderful she always gets back to me immediately when I need something if she is off he colleague answers. She helped me after a procedure I had and had some Pain and issues and had me come in right away to be examined.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinic is nice the front desk staff I feel are too chatty especially about other patients information when people are in the waiting room and they whisper and act inappropriately sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and awkward especially when you’re waiting a while to be seen. Clinic is set up nice reminds me of a bee hive very big and spacious
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Doctor Doherty speaks in a very professional yet soft tone. His bedside manner is one of the best I have ever had with any doctor. He explains everything and makes you feel comfortable. Any concerns he is willing to answer questions. I have had a few concerns since starting and with some of the tests and his office and nurse are on top of getting back to me. I am looking forward to working with him More and confident he will accomplish what may be the impossible. He is realistic and smart and straight to the point I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kristie Mullen )
She is wonderful she always gets back to me immediately when I need something if she is off he colleague answers. She helped me after a procedure I had and had some Pain and issues and had me come in right away to be examined. She walked me through the whole process and answers all my questions. She is soft spoken and compassionate
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
On my first day he sat me down and did a detailed history. I thought I was prepared had all my background and thoughts written down but he didn’t went deeper than that and I was shocked I forgot important stuff. Luckily I wasn’t on my 3rd cycle day so he set me up right there with all the testing I needed and performed the ultrasound. He talked to me about what he found what he expects and what will happen after all the initial tests come back. I am high risk because of my age and medicine I am on so he referred me to a MFM doctor who he personally worked with to help with the process. He is thorough and realistic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Come in with an open mind and any question you may have he will more than willing to answer and work with it
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey.
My insurance pretty good we pay our copays and as far as pricing we were told around $3600 IUI and &gt;$20k for IVF. Finance did call and go over everything with us
Somerset

It [RMA of NJ] is a good clinic with great doctors and nurses. Sometimes you do feel a little rushed because of the amount of people that have to be seen during morning monitoring. I feel it would help if they had more doctors and nurses on during that time to ensure quality of care and that questions can be answered by the doctor that is seeing you at that time. Overall, they work hard to get the job done.... It cost us a little over $12,000 after insurance.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is a good clinic with great doctors and nurses. Sometimes you do feel a little rushed because of the amount of people that have to be seen during morning monitoring. I feel it would help if they had more doctors and nurses on during that time to ensure quality of care and that questions can be answered by the doctor that is seeing you at that time. Overall, they work hard to get the job done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Drew’s is an excellent doctor with extensive knowledge about infertility. I feel he gets to the point and explains in detail what you need to know about the IVF process as well as what to expect. I do not feel he treats his patients like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Hendricks)
Jill is very detail oriented and includes all the information you will need to understand your treatment plan. She calls when she says she will and answersquestions accordingly.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Drew’s is highly intelligent and truly cares about the outcome of his patients treatment plan. I found him to be very knowledgeable during our consultation and I found his treatment plans to fall in line with what he stated during the consultation. I like that he took a different approach after the first transfer didn’t work. We are in the process of setting up our second transfer so we will see what the outcome is this next time around.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Write down all questions before you arrive so you can leave the consultation with a good understanding of what will take place next.
Describe the protocols Michael Drews used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
My first protocol consisted of Estrace, follistim, low dose hcg, ganirelix, and Pregnyl as the trigger. That protocol yielded 8 mature embryos. 7 made it to the next day, 5 made it to blastocyst stage, and 2 were genetically normal. My second protocol consisted of Estrace, Lupron, low dose hcg, follistim, and pregnyl as the trigger. That protocol yielded 15 embryos. 13 made it to the next day and 6 made it to blastocyst stage. We are waiting for the genetic testing results to come back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
It cost us a little over $12,000 after insurance. $6,000 was for genetic testing, freezing the embryos, and fees associated with retrieval and fertilization. $1,000 was for Lupron and Low Dose HCG because they needed to be compounded and came from a different pharmacy.
Describe Michael Drews's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Drew’s was very strong about transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We went with his recommendation. We are not sure as to what he will do for the next transfer.
Michael Drews
West Orange

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Monitoring hours [RMA of NJ] are hella early (6-7:30am) but it was nice to get it out of the way so it didn't interfere with work. Blood work is fast, but waiting for an ultrasound sometimes takes awhile. Weekend waits are VERY VERY long since only one location is open. Bring a book, it could take over an hour.... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF with meds was about 18k+. IUI with injectible meds was 4k+... Bloodwork was back within 3 hours, and they called right away.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring hours are hella early (6-7:30am) but it was nice to get it out of the way so it didn't interfere with work. Blood work is fast, but waiting for an ultrasound sometimes takes awhile. Weekend waits are VERY VERY long since only one location is open. Bring a book, it could take over an hour.
She was so nice. Listened to and answered all our questions. She remembered details about our life from appointment to appointment. She was pregnant herself while we were doing our treatments, and she didn't call attention to it at all, wore her lab coat to hide her bump. Didn't touch it. Was very respectful of all our feelings. I can't say enough about how warm she was.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne Tepper)
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Bloodwork was back within 3 hours, and they called right away.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Kathleen Hong is one of the most professional and warmest doctors I have ever come across. Women coming to her are at some of the lowest points in there lives (I know I was), but she was comforting yet professional, clear without being cold or insensitive and encouraging without giving you false hope. I cried a few times during initial consults, but she slid tissues over and kept talking and reassuring us we would have our baby one day. I was so happy my tears wasn't made into a "thing". Three years later and I'm ready for baby #2. And I was SO nervous to do this all again. But after our first meeting I remembered how and why I got through it the first time. IT WAS HER. She is absolutely AMAZING.
Be open, honest and don't be nervous. You are in the BEST hands.
She told us the likelyhood of getting pregnant with IUI (20% in our case), and let us make the choice to do that or jump to IVF. We chose IUI and Dr. Hong suggested 3 rounds only. She didn't want us to waste our time or money doing more, but felt 2 wasn't a fair amount to give it it work. IVF protocols used were standard for RMANJ. We got a beautiful baby girl after our first embryo transfer, so whatever the rationale was, I approve!
Bloodwork was quick. Ultrasound waits took much longer.
IVF with meds was about 18k+. IUI with injectible meds was 4k+
Since this was my first embryo transfer, she strongly advised against a multiple embryos. The risk to mom and babies if both took wasn't one she wanted to put me in. I agreed. IF the first failed (and it didn't) my husband and I might have considered pushing for two the second round.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
It [RMA of NJ] is a large operation and unfortunately this means that you don't see your doctor often. Coming from a smaller RE practice, this took some getting used to. I definitely had moments where the large scale practice was glaringly obvious. For example during monitoring I had one doctor, who hadn't reviewed my case or infertility history, see my ultrasound and comment that I was responding really well to stims and should be able to get my "whole family in the freezer."
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is a large operation and unfortunately this means that you don't see your doctor often. Coming from a smaller RE practice, this took some getting used to. I definitely had moments where the large scale practice was glaringly obvious. For example during monitoring I had one doctor, who hadn't reviewed my case or infertility history, see my ultrasound and comment that I was responding really well to stims and should be able to get my "whole family in the freezer." I knew this would not be the case based on my egg quality issue and previous IVF rounds, but she obviously did not know my history or situation. If monitoring or embryo updates fell on a weekend, usually a nurse or doctor you did not know would call you with the news, and not the nurse or doctor you are most comfortable with. Situations like this sometimes made monitoring feel impersonal, although all the doctors and nurses I came into contact with were lovely. Despite the size of the practice, I usually did not wait long for monitoring and always felt like I could reach out to my nurse or doctor if I needed personal attention.
Dr. Molinaro takes the time to answer all of our questions. He calls to check up on us and in general his bedside manner is such that we feel he truly cares about us and is deeply committed to getting us to our goal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
Our nurse is compassionate, organized and caring. She has been a good support during this time. While out of cycle I sometimes struggled getting a hold of her as her automatic out-of-office reply seems to begin in early afternoon. However, I don't remember this being an issue while in cycle; she was easy to get in touch with and correspondence was reciprocated quickly.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
We began treatment with Dr. Molinaro after several failed rounds of IUIs and IVF with another doctor. We were looking for someone who was going to be aggressive with our treatment and willing to take risks which Dr. Molinaro was. We really felt like he tailored our treatment plan to fit us and our needs. Dr. Molinaro pays attention to detail, is up-to-date on the latest research and procedures and takes each treatment step-by-step so as not to overwhelm you.
We did not see him often during treatment, but he is just a phone call away.
My treatment included gonal f and low dose hcg. It resulted in a successful egg collection with a large number of eggs retrieved. Unfortunately after our retrieval, we did not get the outcome we were hoping for, but meds were adjusted for the next round.
While it was definitely efficient, it did feel like an assembly line. However, aside from one long wait, I never waited more than 30 minutes for monitoring.
Everything was paid for out of pocket. With meds, IVF, PGS, we spent about $25,000 for one round. They do not offer IVF packages for multiple rounds for those paying out of pocket, or at least none were offered to us at the time.
Basking Ridge

Strengths - The physicians and nursing staff [RMA of New Jersey] are great, and smart. I trust the strategy and processes they have chosen for my treatment. Weaknesses - They are busy, so sometimes you feel as though you are just going through the motions... It's tedious and sometimes they are busy and sometimes they are not, but overall the monitoring appointments are fine and the hours are fairly convenient... I would recommend RMA!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - The physicians and nursing staff are great, and smart. I trust the strategy and processes they have chosen for my treatment. Weaknesses - They are busy, so sometimes you feel as though you are just going through the motions, but all in all, after you have to have blood drawn so many times, that becomes tedious too. :) I would recommend RMA!
Dr. Morris is very personable and really cares about the patient, both myself and my husband. She is very sympathetic and honest throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
We have been with Joyce through our whole process and she is amazing. She is smart, organized, and compassionate.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris is a great doctor. We did not get pregnant with our transfer, however, I was comfortable with our process. We were successful with our first cycle 2 years ago, and my husband and I (and Dr. Morris) were comfortable going through the same process. Dr. Morris is extremely sympathetic and compassionate. She is straightforward and answers every question with intellect and professionalism. She is also very down-to-earth and makes you feel comfortable.
Trust the process. And remember that each step is tailored to the individual patient. Dr. Morris is smart, professional and compassionate, and will do what's best for your process.
After having a successful IVF with RMA our first time (with Dr. Forman), Dr. Morris used our first treatment strategy as a guide, while alternating a few aspects. In the end, our results were the same as the first time, 6 eggs retrieved (I have a diminished ovarian count), 4 took to ICSI, and one Embryo created. I tested a positive low beta on day 9, and ended up losing the pregnancy on day 11.
Describe Jamie Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Even though we only had one embryo to use anyways, I would only choose to do single embryo transfer, but that is my personal opinion.
Morristown

Dayna [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] is energetic, positive and fun. She didn't waste time with all the cliches - "it only takes one" etc - stuff like that. But instead said "hey if it doesn't work, we try again." And I liked feeling like she was going to be with me the entire time through this process...[monitoring] was very efficient - the earlier the faster you were out of there!...I would recommend sitting down with a financial coordinator and having everything priced out for you so there are no surprises!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is VERY expensive, but are the best in the area so after a lot of soul searching - I decided I would figure out a way to have an RMA baby. I would recommend sitting down with a financial coordinator and having everything priced out for you so there are no surprises!
Dr. Morris was very warm and friendly - she would call me directly if I had questions. If she was in the room when my nursed called me, she would say hello in the background.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna)
Dayna is energetic, positive and fun. She didn't waste time with all the cliches - "it only takes one" etc - stuff like that. But instead said "hey if it doesn't work, we try again." And I liked feeling like she was going to be with me the entire time through this process.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
The main issue I had with IVF was coming up with the money. Dr. Morris understood and never pressured me to start IVF. It took 2 years to be able to save enough for the egg retrieval and Dr. Morris answered my numerous questions over that entire time. She knew I liked to know every detail and every scenario possible and was patient and kind with me. Dr. Morris did a lot of my morning monitoring and always had a smile and often a hug if I needed one. I think if we met under different circumstances we could definitely be friends.
Ask a lot of questions! Dr. Morris is great and will answer all of them! sometimes even with a diagram.
I did "max protocol" for the meds - high dose of gonal. I got 12 eggs - which were more than expected but only 1 made it to day 5 - which was unexpected.
it was very efficient - the earlier the faster you were out of there!
35K
She promotes eSET. I don't have strong feelings on that either way.

3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey were a] Well oiled machine with amazing nurses that I became friendly with because I was there all the time for so long...It was very clean and never had to wait too long to get in for blood work. It was very supportive and nice that the provided treats on Saturday mornings. The people at the desk were helpful and I formative...For most of my treatment I had an amazing nurse who I had a great repore with and felt that she totally knew her stuff and was always there for me. However, for my final Ivf cycle Kelly had to take a leave of absence and so I was given another nurse, she was horrible and basically it was a good thing that I had gone through so many previous rounds to know that muliple times she was giving me the wrong information.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Hong was the best doctor I have every worked with. I do not believe I would have gotten through my journey without her by my side. She was extremely caring and I felt like she was looking out for me. I truly felt that she was fighting the fight with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Hill)
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
I might not have seen her every time but she worked a long an amazing nurse who would call me all the time and at any point I felt that the nurse could not answer my question she would call me back within a few hours. She was there trying to figure out the best plan and the safest way to get me pregnant. She was able to explain in understandable terms what was happening as well as what the next steps would be. At the end of my treatment I loved her so much I made her come out of a meeting and we both hug as we said good bye!
She is an amazing doctor and you are lucky to have her on your side
I went through many treatments but basically when they were trying to retrieve eggs or I was going through iui I used gonal F and the highest dose because otherwise my folicals did not grow.
The 3 rounds of iui and 4 rounds of Ivf were covered under my insurance. The donor egg cycle was $48,000. It was about $2400 for genetic testing on the embryos which I did twice.
I only wanted eSET so it was never even a discussion we ever had
Somerset

[RMA of New Jersey is] Very organized, very clean, very nice. One downside is billing/finance. I found them very hard to contact and a few times my calls went u answered. The staff that does morning monitoring is always happy even that early in the morning... She [nurse] was helpful with testing. But anytime treatments changed she only gave me the new plan I never got the why answered. A few times I had to go directly to Dr M to get that answered. She also didn’t give warning when she went away the week I was about to start treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Dr M always took time to answer my questions. He also reached out via email or phone calls after each appointment/test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sara F)
My nurse was great in the beginning. She was helpful with testing. But anytime treatments changed she only gave me the new plan I never got the why answered. A few times I had to go directly to Dr M to get that answered. She also didn’t give warning when she went away the week I was about to start treatment. No other nurse picked up so I felt very out of the loop on what to expect when starting my mediciation. Luckily my pharmacy had a nurse call me and walk me through the meds. My nurse never did that. I brought this up and she was apologetic and if it worked no harm done but if it didn’t I will wonder if her offering tips and more instructions might have made a difference.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr M explains things very simply. He made sure me and my husband understood everything. He kept very positive but realistic expectations. He never got ahead of where we were in the process, but did outline possible treatment plans. I wish I got to see him more often, as I mostly see other doctors for my monitoring and even my first round of IUI.
Get ready to travel to Freehold and Eatontown. He does initial appointments in Freehodl but doesn’t do follow ups there.
We started with IUI with injections. We used Follistim and started with a very low dosage 50IU a day to start and upping to 75IU the last few days. I had a good response to the meds. I’m currently waiting for the results of the first treatment.
All covered by insurance. So far no treatments have not been covered.
Freehold

1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Josephine [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] responded promptly to my calls and needs. A huge issue was with the Finance department, who forgot to include the embryo genetic testing in the price when we paid. This resulted in having to pay it later on the day of retrieval which was stressful and came with other conflicts...The appointments were organized and efficient. The facility is amazing. The staff at morning monitoring are professional and caring. The monitoring window of hours is pretty strict.
1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Know that you can place/insert the ultrasound wand yourself if that is more comfortable for you. You are the one in control of your body and if that helps you individually, the doctors are more than happy to let you place it yourself to avoid discomfort.
The compassion and concern that Dr. Hong has for me cannot be overstated. She took her time to understand what I was going through as a cancer patient, was so caring, and even called to say Hi just to check on me and let me know she cared. A truly wonderful experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine)
Josephine responded promptly to my calls and needs. A huge issue was with the Finance department, who forgot to include the embryo genetic testing in the price when we paid. This resulted in having to pay it later on the day of retrieval which was stressful and came with other conflicts.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
The first visit, Dr. Hong took time to understand what cancer treatments I had going on, and helped figure out the timeline for my fertility preservation. She outlined a timeline for me and gave me all of the pertinent information with colorful coding, complete with drawings and explanations. She continued to follow up with me and reached out to me continuously to address my concerns.
I would advise a friend to put all their trust into Dr. Hong, as she is truly competent and skilled.
I only had a short window for egg retrieval between my surgery and the beginning of my chemotherapy treatments. Dr. Hong had me begin my retrieval shots outside of the typical timeline, and explained it was totally fine and wouldn't result in an inferior quality cycle. She was completely correct.
14,000 for Egg retrieval, Icsi, Genetic testing for couple and genetic testing of embryo, embryo and egg freezing. (Not including medication)
Somerset

Amazing, I feel like I talked to her [the nurse at RMA of New Jersey] all the time. She was very good at explaining this and I never waited to long for a phone call back...Morning monitoring during the week was very quick and simple, I was normally in and out within 20-30 minutes for bloodwork and ultrasound. Weekends can get very crowded because they are their only location in NJ that is open, but after the first time seeing how many people were there I just went first thing in the morning and was in and out.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are a huge team that works together to help you. They have many locations that you can go to for morning monitoring. I had an issue after my egg retrieval and my nurse wanted me to come in and get checked out, the doctor I saw that day was very thorough and gentle during the process. The one downfall is that on weekends all RMANJ patients have to come to the Basking Ridge location for morning monitoring which can get a little crowded.
I never felt uncomfortable talking to Dr. Werner about any of my concerns. She never rushed us made us feel like we were "just a number" She took the time to explain our genetic disorder to us as well as the process of what we were about to embark on. I never felt as if i was "bothering" her asking numerous questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel )
Amazing, I feel like I talked to her all the time. She was very good at explaining this and I never waited to long for a phone call back.
How was your experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
I really like Dr. Werner, she has been a big part of our journey. I feel grateful that we had the opportunity to have her as our doctor. Somehow her calming voice has always put my nerves at ease even during difficult times.
Go for it! She was absolutely wonderful during this process.
After our initial consult ion with Dr. Werner my husband and I found out that we are carrier for the same gene disorder. We needed to have a probe created to be able to test our embryos. This process took a few months. Once we had our probe created, I went straight to stimulation medications on day 3 of my cycle.I was on 275 units of gonal- F and 10 units of low does HGC for 14 days. On day 9 I was instructed to also incorporate a vial of Ganerelix. Two days prior to my egg retrieval my estrogen level was over 9,000. I was instructed to just do a lupron trigger shot to avoid OHSS. They were able to retrieve 30 eggs, 18 were fertilized and 12 were frozen on day 7.
We have a High Deductible plan as well as a $15,000 life time max for fertility. We also had to have a genetic probe created which was not covered by insurance. Total out of pocket $15,000

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
In terms of strengths [at RMA of New Jersey], all of the doctors who take part in monitoring are capable and communicative and seem familiar with our case. They are efficient I handling the number of cases that come in during morning hours...Sue [nurse] has been wonderful throughout this process. She is always timely in her communications, thorough in her instructions, and sensitive to the process. I have not experienced any negatives under her care.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
In terms of strengths, all of the doctors who take part in monitoring are capable and communicative and seem familiar with our case. They are efficient I handling the number of cases that come in during morning hours. Also, they advertise top of the industry results in terms of success of live birth rates.
Dr. Molinaro’s bedside manner is better than any doctor I have ever seen. He is sensitive to the difficulties of treating infertility, while at the same time honest and open about treatment and expectations. He has personally called on a number of occasions to deliver results and has made himself available to meet whenever we request a meeting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Susan Welgos)
Sue has been wonderful throughout this process. She is always timely in her communications, thorough in her instructions, and sensitive to the process. I have not experienced any negatives under her care.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
As mentioned previously, his bedside manner and approachability are two of Dr. Molinaro’s strengths. He is easily accessible for questions by phone, via email, and to meet when necessary. Furthermore, he takes ownership over his prescribed treatment and is willing to make adjustments when things don’t work as expected. The only setback is that we have not been pregnant just yet. He remains positive that we will be successful, so I’m optimistic to continue treatment and look forward to giving it another shot with my next transfer.
Request that he be the doctor doing the embryo transfer if you get to that point.
Dr. Molinar’s overall strategy was probably different than most others experience given I am going through CO-IVF and acting as the gestational carrier for my wife’s eggs. First we had to go through six rounds of IUI to prove infertility. The first three we did without medications and the second three with injections. After six failed IUI attempts with no positive results, my wife was diagnosed infertile which allowed us to advance to IVF. Because her health (back issues) deteriorated over the course of treatment, we decided to make me the carrier. We were able to retrieve 14 eggs from her first retrieval, of which 11 were mature, 9 fertilized, and 3 made it to day 5 blastocyst stage. We tested those three and ended up with 2 grade A embryos. My first transfer did not result in a pregnancy. I was taking 1 ml of progesterone shots nightly leading up to and after the transfer and estrace pills 2 times daily before and after the transfer. My second attempt following the same protocol with the exception of estrace 3 times daily after the transfer resulted in a low beta result which climbed for a few days only to fall about a week later. At first we thought that I was having an ectopic pregnancy, but it was later thought that it had either been an early miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy. We are about to do another retrieval round with my wife as we are out of embryos.
A line frequently develops at the very opening of monitoring hours, but RMA is efficient at getting through this slight back up. If you show up even 20 min shred after hours begin, there may be 1-3 people ahead of you. I have never waited longer than 20 minutes to be seen though even at the busiest hours.
We had to pay for each vial of sperm though that is not associated with the clinic at all. To date we have spent nearly $10,000 to that end. Because my wife and I have good insurance, RMA collected copays from us until our deductible was reached and then they collected nothing from us when monitoring. Because we ran out of money for fertility treatments under my wife’s insurance we were responsible for paying approximately $9000 for the remaining cost of our first retrieval which included ICSI and the testing of embryos. We decided to pay the cash rate for meds so to not take even more money out of that bucket; this cost us approximately $3500. We are still waiting to see how much my transfers will cost us as it’s possible her insurance will cover some of those expenses. If not each transfer will cost us about $4500.
We inquired about transferring multiple embryos and he was not in favor. He informed us of the increased chance of the eggs splitting in such a scenario.

2013 - 2018
Monitoring [at RMA of New Jersey] was super convenient! Super organized and for the most part you were seen fairly quickly...This clinic's strengths include: excellent staff (from the receptionist, lab techs, nurses, doctors and administrative staff)...The team at RMANJ take pride in their work and it shows... I never felt like a bother to Lisa [nurse] and she was always extremely patient with me!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This clinic's strengths include: excellent staff (from the receptionist, lab techs, nurses, doctors and administrative staff). The monitoring hours are excellent because it allows us to go in for monitoring before work so that we don't have to request time off. The team at RMANJ take pride in their work and it shows.
Dr. Rybak always made it a point to make sure I was comfortable. Even during morning monitoring he never rushed me and was empathetic to the circumstances and answered all questions. He has even called me in between treatments (even on the weekend) to make sure that I was "OK" and that we were progressing as expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Pomponio)
Lisa knew that fully understanding results and treatments were important to me. She always returned my calls same day and addressed all questions and concerns before 5 PM every time I called. If she was not going to be in the office during when I would normally get results or updates from her, she would email or call to let me know and who would be covering for her. I never felt like a bother to Lisa and she was always extremely patient with me!
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Rybak is compassionate, caring, loving and much more than just a doctor. He genuinely cares about me as a patient. He is always honest and never provides false hope or expectations. He cares about how I am doing along in the process and wants to ensure that his treatment plans are not just what he proposes but that we are in agreement.
If you want a knowledgeable, caring, and someone with an amazing bedside manner than Dr. Rybak is the best choice for you!
I started with Dr. Rybak back in 2013. Treatments varied from then to now as then we did co-ivf. I was on Lupron 2 week kit, Estrace 2 mg, Medrol, Antibiotic, and progesterone in oil for transfer. My wife was on other medications for retrieval. At the end of 2017 to the beginning of this year, we did 3 IUI cycles. I was on Gonal-F (dosage ranged from 75-100 units). Recently, for retrieval I was on Gonal-F (375-450 units), Ganirelix (250 mcg), low dose HCG (50 units), and Lupron for trigger. I had always responded well to treatments so the protocol was the same for all IUIs and for retrieval I responded well too.
Monitoring was super convenient! Super organized and for the most part you were seen fairly quickly.
Medications were almost fully covered for all cycles during co-IVF, IUIs, retrieval and upcoming transfer. I paid my copays for medications with the exception of Low dose HCG that was not covered and Endometrium. In total, I have paid around $1000.00 in copays. For our first retrieval and first two FET, we paid out of pocket as we were not covered under the NJ state mandate. We paid approximately $22,000. This year, the IUIs were covered under my insurance and we were only responsible for copays and coinsurance. Since we have now reached our lifetime fertility max, we paid $4.475 for the upcoming transfer cycle and about $3,800 for the retrieval. We are waiting for the claims to be processed by the insurance company to determine if we are still responsible for more. In addition to the costs of treatment, we have paid storage fees as well as donor sperm (totaling over $6,000).

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I've had several nurses throughout my journey [at RMA of New Jersey]. My first, Kathy Giordano, was amazing. I still keep in contact with her. I had another one transfer and then I asked to have a new nurse after she gave me incorrect details. My current nurse is also fabulous. She answers quickly and is always on top of things...Occasionally it was super swamped but for the most part I was in and out pretty quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA makes you feel like a human, not a number. They have always been extremely responsive. I do know they are a bit on the pricey side, but their success rates I suppose make up for it. IF you are unhappy with anything during your experience, speak up. This is your journey and if you are paying OOP for it, it's up to you to speak up. Do your research. Don't just go with the flow. Make sure you understand the protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shefali is the most caring, compassionate doctor I've ever had. I don't think I could've gone through these last two years with a different doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Pierman)
I've had several nurses throughout my journey. My first, Kathy Giordano, was amazing. I still keep in contact with her. I had another one transfer and then I asked to have a new nurse after she gave me incorrect details. My current nurse is also fabulous. She answers quickly and is always on top of things.
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shastri (Mavani) has been my RE for the last two years. I've gone through three failed transfers after two hysteroscopies to get a fibroid and one laparascopy to remove my non functional tube. After going through all of the physical issues, we thought we were in the clear. Unfortunately, I had my third failed transfer at the end of June to no avail. The day of the beta, she left me a voicemail almost in tears and then the following Monday, sat with me for an hour and a half to discuss next steps. She hasnt been successful getting me pregnant just yet, but I have the absolute faith that it is coming.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
She is a very fast talker, so if you dont understand something, speak up!
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For the first three transfers, I was on estrogen twice a day and then PIO injections until the transfer. After the fails, we went a different route for a mock transfer and used Follistim to try to get my lining thicker and then triggered with Ovidrel and then PIO shots. The mock was to test my lining with an ERA test to see if the transfers were on the correct day.
Having a location near me definitely helped. Occasionally it was super swamped but for the most part I was in and out pretty quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey.
I was covered by my insurance for my first 3 transfers. I will be doing another one soon and I was informed the cost would be $6k.
Describe Shefali Shastri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
RMA will only do 1 embryo transfer I believe (with the exception of rare cases) on the first transfer. My lining wasnt thick enough to transfer two. I am hoping the next one the lining will get thicker and we can transfer two. Dr. Shastri is okay with this.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey.

Male Factor, Other
[The nurses at RMA of New Jersey are] Amazing. On top of my care, kind, courteous, attentive, answers all my questions, works through every detail. We had a special case with our timing and they were always sensitive to that. Just awesome...[monitoring appointments were] Streamline and always quick. They really have it figured out...$1000 to freeze embryos, $300 every time a sprem sample was frozen.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Great hours, accommodating, great doctors and nurse staff, awesome people to draw blood. Friendly and considerate tot he emotional toll of this process. Helpful at answers my questions and making me feel Comfortable
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hock is wonderful. She is so kind, intelligent and truly treats me with such care. She knows how to communicate what is going on in a way that is understandable and clear. She has gone above and beyond for us. All the doctors we have experienced at RMA are that way. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with RMA and specifically Dr. Hock.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marya Slater)
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
She’s is a great communicator, kind, compassionate, intelligent and very thorough. She always insisted that we give her a call whenever we had any questions. She didn’t take any risks and always made sure I was doing what was best for our chances and for me as an individual women going through this process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Never hesitate to ask her questions or reach out, she really wants to help you.
Describe the protocols Doreen Hock used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
IUI protocol - stims were Gonal - F, and ovidrel trigger Egg retrieval was stims - Gonal- F, certitude, ovidrel trigger. Did need to do Birth Control to delay period for IVF CYCLE
Streamline and always quick. They really have it figured out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey.
My insurance covers most everything. Have a small copay for some meds. A couple compounded meds I had to pay out of pocket for but could get reimbursement. When I had IUIs only my ultrasound days required a co pay, in IVF cycle I only paid a co pay one time. Nurses do complementary education for PIO shots the first time. CCS testing was out of pocket and included 10 Embryos. More than ten was $125 each to test and then none of the cryo was covered. $1000 to freeze embryos, $300 every time a sprem sample was frozen.
Describe Doreen Hock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
They always recommend single embryo transfer unless the women is older. They always stress the how high risk multiple pregnancies can be and try to avoid that.
Doreen Hock
Somerset

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They [RMA] also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too...My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I like the location because it is only about 15 minutes from home and work which to me is a positive thing especially when my husband had to take in a semen sample. The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Yih was very straight forward. She did explain things to us and did take the time we needed and were not rushed out of the office. However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed. She was nice but I still feel that we were not taken seriously because of our ages. when I would contact the clinic about having specific forms filled out I felt like I got the run around and one time we missed getting the forms to the Baby Quest grant people in time because of a miscommunication with either the nursing staff or the doctor
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients. Time is not on our side and she pretty much told us that too. I am a very optimistic person and always kept telling myself that this is possible even though times she acted like we were out of our league.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Always stay optimistic even if she says there is little hope. Where this is life there is always hope. Ask a lot of questions and don't stop until you get the complete answer to your question even if it is not the answer you want to hear.
Describe the protocols Melissa Yih used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Dr Yih only did 2 chlomid cycles with us because my insurance would not pay for the ivf at the time. I did a few FSH blood test to see if I still had viable eggs. although my numbers were going up they were still in the range of having viable eggs even though I was 45 years old. I feel she should have tried to take some eggs to freeze and or test to see if they were of a good quality. now that I am 50 I know that my eggs are not a quality that I could use them for my own ivf. Neither of the rounds of chlomid were positive. I was glad to try them because it gave me hope that it definitely could happen for us because if you don't try you have 0 chance of getting pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.
my insurance at the time only paid for diagnostic tests and not the actual ivf or iui but it did cover the meds like cholmid. although the first initial visit was about $300 that I didn't have the money to pay for and my fiancée had to pay for it until I could reimburse him (we were not married yet) and now that I have a better job with better insurance it covers most of the office visits and meds but because of the age limit on the mandate it will not pay for the IVF.
Describe Melissa Yih's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Yih did discuss the eSET with us but didn't really comment if it was the best solution or not. I did a lot of research and found that the eSET was actually healthier for the mother not having the stress of carrying multiples and especially because my husband does not want twins.
Melissa Yih
Hamilton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.

Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
As a new patient you should know that the doctor [Dr. Franasiak] and clinical staff [at RMA] are fantastic. * Everyone is very responsive * Scheduling the first appointment if you are new to infertility can be a bit overwhelming as the front desk staff isn't the most compassionate. * The office is always open for morning monitoring even in inclement weather * It's easy to get an appointment...Dayna is thorough and compassionate she has coordinated my care so far and gets back to all of my questions by end of day
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
As a new patient you should know that the doctor and clinical staff are fantastic. * Everyone is very responsive * Scheduling the first appointment if you are new to infertility can be a bit overwhelming as the front desk staff isn't the most compassionate. * The office is always open for morning monitoring even in inclement weather * It's easy to get an appointment
Dr. Franasiak and my nurse explained each step of the process from the first appointment and followed up regularly even between visits to check in and make sure that I was doing ok. Before we were able to start treatment we got pregnant on our own which turned out to be ectopic but my nurse and the doctor connected with me daily to see how I was feeling and as we get ready to move forward with treatment they have been very supportive, direct and detailed
Dayna is thorough and compassionate she has coordinated my care so far and gets back to all of my questions by end of day. When I learned that I would need surgery she was out on vacation and the nurse filling in was great, but what stood out to me is that she even called to check in on me when she returned from her vacation.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Franasiak has been pleasant, candid and thorough since my first visit. He explained the details of the treatment options, answered all of my questions and even provided guidance and support through the more emotional side of this journey.
Don't hesitate to reach out to him after an appointment if you have additional questions he is great at getting back to patients.
We first saw the doctor last summer and continued to try on our own while getting the work up which took a bit longer than usual due to work conflicts then in January we learned that we were pregnant and came in for a workup because of recurring miscarriages at this time we learned it was ectopic. Dr. Franasiaks initial recommendation was methotrexate with monitoring as it was early in the pregnancy and unfortunately that didn't work and I needed a salpingectomy. The methotrexate will be out of my system by May 1st and we will be moving forward with our first cycle
Marlton

Joyce Maloney [a nurse at RMA-Somerset] is the most AMAZING nurse... I am SO lucky that I was assigned to her caseload. She is the best... so organized, detailed, compassionate and always followed through. She always called me in a timely fashion with my personal results and thorough directions of what to do next. I wish everyone would have the same experience with their nurse.... The Somerset office has a smaller waiting room, so sometimes it was standing room only.
European, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
A huge strength is how organized they are. Everyone has a job to do and they do it flawlessly, following up with everyone to ensure their treatment moves forward as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser made me feel like a human, as she was very warm, listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She was great and so supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Maloney)
Joyce Maloney is the most AMAZING nurse... I am SO lucky that I was assigned to her caseload. She is the best... so organized, detailed, compassionate and always followed through. She always called me in a timely fashion with my personal results and thorough directions of what to do next. I wish everyone would have the same experience with their nurse.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser was very warm and compassionate, listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She was great and so supportive throughout the whole process. I started out with another doctor (who since retired) and worked with her moving forward. I chose her specifically because she was the one who ended up doing my transfer. I loved her and her personality, and just felt like she would be the right doctor moving forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Choose her! She has been doing this for so many years and has great experience!
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don't remember any protocols specifically.
The Somerset office has a smaller waiting room, so sometimes it was standing room only. With that said, they were very good about getting people in and out, so there really wasn't much waiting around. I usually had to be there by 7:30am, which were the monitoring hours. It wasn't a problem for me because it was on my way to work, but that will be challenging next time with a toddler that has to go to daycare (in the opposite direction).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
We did owe co-pays during certain visits, but I was very lucky that insurance covered most of our treatment and medicine.
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Somerset

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
They [RMA of NJ] also work with out of town/state patients such as myself and accommodate my travel schedule. The weakness would be that maybe there should be some kind of thorough orientation at the beginning of our treatment to better understand the process. Also I think there should have been a better understanding to the fact that maybe these treatments might not work in order to have a more realistic expectation.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has some of the best success rates around. This is the most important strength of the clinic. They also work with out of town/state patients such as myself and accommodate my travel schedule. The weakness would be that maybe there should be some kind of thorough orientation at the beginning of our treatment to better understand the process. Also I think there should have been a better understanding to the fact that maybe these treatments might not work in order to have a more realistic expectation.
Dr. Hong took the time to listen to me. She also was very sympathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel and Michelle Cresci)
Both Adrienne and Michelle were responsive within one business day of emails and phone calls. They would seek answers to my questions through the doctor.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong is a very patient and sympathetic doctor. She always took the time to listen and answer my questions and concerns. I feel like I was always being heard and supported by her. When I didn’t get the results I was hoping for, she would aknowledge my struggles.
Make sure you take an escribe role as a patient and do your research. There may be some questions that you need to raise that the doctor may not raise
I started with two retrievals and each on produced few eggs which did
I did my morning monitoring from another clinic since I lived out of state. The few times I did morning monitoring it seemed pretty organized. In the basking ridge location it was fine. From the smaller statelite locations it was very crowded and stressful experience. I really disliked the experience at the smaller offices
35k for retrievals 40k for donor eggs+ transfers
Basking Ridge

The center [RMA] is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started...My nurse and nursing staff are very friendly and understand the feeling involved in the process. They returned my calls quickly and was patient with any and all anxiety phone calls.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The center is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started.
My name is always remembered by all involved. I am always greeted warmly and family is asked about. Nurses follow up with me and make sure all is understood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo & Patrice Cote )
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Doctor is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint. I saw her for my first IVF pregnancy and live birth and chose her in a heartbeat to start next IVF cycke for baby #2.
Stick with it! Don’t give up with negative pregnancy tests or losses. She and the entire practice will be with you to the end.
I started with 1 monitored intercourse cycle, 3 cycles of IUI and then went to IVF with success. Dr. Hock was willing to consider IVF without doing endless cycles of IVF. She recommended implantation of 1 embryo only to reduce the risk with multiples.
There is available monitoring 7 days a week. There is immediate notification to the lab team and ultrasound team when a patient arrives. The waiting room can be busy. A patient is usually sent first for labs and then returns to the waiting room to be called for the Ultrasound (if ordered for that day).
Payment of deductibles or any outstanding balances must be paid in full before a cycle is started. The billing team is willing to work with a patient to create a payment plan but then a cycle cannot be started until it is completed. They are readily available to speak to and check your benefits.
Dr. Hock feels very strongly for eSET to reduce the risk with multiples.
Doreen Hock

1 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing, IVF
RMA NJ is excellent -very organized and yet still very compassionate. The best mix I have found of these 2 important qualities and I have been a patient at 3 clinics total. I think they are among the best in the world right now. They are evidence-based only , which as an MD myself I appreciate but sometimes when I feel desperate I do wish they did more experimental things a la CCRM.
1 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Shastri is extremely kind and warm. She hugs me every time she sees me, which some people might not like, but I appreciate it as a single woman going through this process. She has been very sensitive and very available to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine Zeza)
Josephine is great. Very clear, detailed, and responsive. And I always feel like she is totally familiar with my case and my history, which I appreciate.
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
I am so glad to have found her. I am really happy with Dr. Shastri's care. She is well-versed in the literature but does not treat me like a number. I was referred to her by one of the docs that had trained her as a fellow - someone that has an excellent reputation and to whom I would go for treatment if my insurance covered it.
ask all of your questions. She talks fast, so be ready to listen carefully and ask for things to be repeated if you need.
I really don't remember other than I did 2 FETs (so far, a third is planned). The first was a medicated protocol which I ovulated through. It ended up being an unsuccessful FET - negative beta with a PGS normal embryo. The second was a natural cycle, which I liked so much better. I wish we had discussed medicated vs. natural upfront because if we had, I would have chosen natural for the first FET. Of course, I'll never know if it would have made a difference. Second FET was a chemical, so at least we got a positive beta! Those were not PGS tested embryos so assume the chemical was due to abnormal embryos given my age of 42 when they were retrieved.
it was usually fine - in and out in an hour or less. much quicker if bloodwork only. phlebotomy is well staffed, efficient and friendly. on weekends you have to travel to the "mother ship" which is kind of a pain but i didn't really mind.
I had insurance coverage so had a $2500 annual out of pocket and then minimal costs. meds were a few hundred $ only for each cycle, also thanks to my insurance coverage.
she did, and I agreed with her.
Springfield

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Strengths: Almost every member of RMA's staff that I have encountered are super friendly and knowledgeable. They are a well-oiled machine and able to get you started on your treatment plan quickly. Weakness: They are a very large practice and you won't always see your primary doctor at every visit. The morning monitoring hours are great and usually move quickly but there were a couple times when I had to wait 20+ minutes for an ultrasound.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer is caring and very organized. I feel comfortable reaching out to her with any questions that I have and she always returns my calls or emails promptly. After learning about my negative pregnancy test, she called me just to see how I was doing.
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Doherty is one of the best doctors I have ever had. I knew that I had found the right doctor after our initial consultation when he spent close to an hour walking me and my husband through the process of IVF from start to finish and answering all of our questions. Since then I have had several appointments and phone conversations with Dr. Doherty and he always takes the time to answer all of my questions without making me feel rushed. Dealing with an infertility diagnosis can be very stressful and overwhelming but Dr. Doherty made it much easier through his compassion and calming demeanor. It is clear that he cares about all of his patients and genuinely wants to help them succeed. For example, after learning that I had limited insurance coverage, he immediately helped me to get into programs that would cover part of my treatment.
Describe the protocols Leo Doherty used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger as I was at risk for OHSS
~$12,000 (one cycle of IVF with ICSI and one FET)
Somerset

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey.

we travelled far from Brooklyn to RMA because of its lab success rate. Being a carrier for genetic Disease we wanted the best lab...RMA was clean, professional. Never a long wait. Accommodating. Easy to deal with payment and bills. Warm staff. Extremely clean and sensitive to our needs...I spoke with my nurse Rhonda more than I spoke with my mom in a given week. No matter how many questions I had she was always patient and honest. She worked with me when I didn’t want to travel from Brooklyn to NJ for blood work. She was always making my religious concerns a priority.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
we travelled far from Brooklyn to RMA because of its lab success rate. Being a carrier for genetic Disease we wanted the best lab. And thank god we have baby and frozen embryos that are fragile x free. RMA was clean, professional. Never a long wait. Accommodating. Easy to deal with payment and bills. Warm staff. Extremely clean and sensitive to our needs
He prayed with us He laughed with us He personally called me after a negative pregnancy test He related to our religious needs He delt with compassion and honesty He was there for us every minute of our long journey And upon discharge he shook my husband hand firmly with a huge smile on his face. We will see you again for your next baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot )
I spoke with my nurse Rhonda more than I spoke with my mom in a given week. No matter how many questions I had she was always patient and honest. She worked with me when I didn’t want to travel from Brooklyn to NJ for blood work. She was always making my religious concerns a priority. She was always upbeat and funny I always smiled when I spoke with her. She was so organized and made the whole process smooth and not overwhelming. Even though I saw her just once but spoke hundreds of times over the phone. I made a true friend.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
I am a genetic carrier for fragile x syndrome. My ovarian reserve is extremely low. Going through three cycles in less than a year and a half was extremely emotionally and financially taxing. Dr rybak took away all the fears that comes along with IVF and PGD. He explained procedures well, during retrievals and transfers he was always calm warm and smiling. He made us feel comfortable by speaking to us not at us. A big plus was that he is also an Orthodox Jew and addressed all the complicated questions that come about with IVF. Wether a procedure fell out over the sabbath or holiday or how to get the proper supervision. He always was able to direct us properly. Something he did that really touched us before he transferred to of my frozen eggs he paused and said a meaningful prayer it meant the world to us. I see how he deals with patients of all religions and races and he treats us all the same. His compassion and love for helping bringing new souls into this world means everything to him
Dr rybak is there for you and not only his pay check. He really gives you the time you need to make sure you understand your treatment. He will spend time in office on the phone and really come up with the best plan of action
After each cycle the medications where adjusted each plan was sought through. When We saw after the first cycle I needed a very high dose of gonal-f . After I referred my older sister to dr rybak I told my sister to tell dr rybak we are sisters and if he could go straight to the highest dose of gonal-g because lower didn’t work for me. He listened and thank god they retrieved one 3 eggs . Only one fertilized and made it through PGD and she is joe pregnant
Monitoring hours where during the week from 545-730 even though every seat was filled in waiting room it really was quick and efficient. No extremely long waits.
His approach was single transfer which we agreed upon and was so happy he encouraged that
Englewood

Receptionists [RMA- West Orange] are friendly, though aren’t the best with protecting privacy. The clinic’s secure email system is beyond annoying. Calls are generally returned quickly but there was at least one instance where I didn’t get a call back from a covering nurse on a holiday. They won’t take or dispense excess medication and charge for nurse administration.... Ran tests I had asked not to due to cost and lack of essential nature.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Receptionists are friendly, though aren’t the best with protecting privacy. The clinic’s secure email system is beyond annoying. Calls are generally returned quickly but there was at least one instance where I didn’t get a call back from a covering nurse on a holiday. They won’t take or dispense excess medication and charge for nurse administration.
Dr Hong was kind yet direct, and very adaptive. She carefully considered responses to questions and was honest when there wasn’t an answer she could provide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Jill can be difficult. She showed compassion when my cycle was cancelled due to a cyst but was very frustrating to work with around weight, despite me being overweight due to the PCOS I am in treatment for. She can also be quite rigid, so push back if something doesn’t feel right and ask to speak to your MD if she tells you nothing can be done. She was vague in wording with drug instructions a few times as well.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Hong was excellent. She had a good bedside manner but was direct which was appreciated. She took stances and explained what informed her decisions. She gave us excellent recommendations that really considered our circumstances. She informed us of risks but ultimately showed confident decision making.
Ask to speak with her if the nurses give you a hard time. She will almost always make time within a few hours.
Started with 7 days of Alyacen to raise estrogen. Follistim AQ + Menopur. Ganirelix to suppress ovulation and Pregnyl for trigger.
egg retrieval cycle with ICSI was 13k + drug costs (2.5k) including genetic testing with insurance covering 50%.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Nursing care [at RMA of New Jersey] was adequate...The strength of RMANJ is it's size, they don't batch patients, tests, egg retrievals and embryo transfer occur every day of the year, due to the size of the company. The embriology lab is amazing and gets results like no other. It can appear very impersonal, it runs like a well oiled machine, but if you need constant hand holding, it may not be for you.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
She is very kind, the type of doctor that offers you a hug, always give eye contact, never lets you feel like a question is irrelevant or stupid. She has called me, while she was on vacation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Hendricks )
Nursing care was adequate but as a nirse myself I feel I needed less than others may
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
She appears to be very evidence based, in her thought process. Doesn't try many, what if approaches. So if you are looking for someone who will try the kitchen sink method, she is not for you. She is willing to try alternative approaches, but doesn't offer them. When I wanted to try something new, she was willing, but didn't think it would change my outcome.
If you want someone who will try every theoretical/ aggressive approach and not something well proven, choose a different physician. She is so kind though and may be better with someone who needs a lot of hand holding.
I had 4 egg retrieval with microdose Lupron flare protocol. The rationale was that I have DOR and it would be the most effective
I had insurance coverage, so not sure of all the costs but I payed approx $4000 on CCD of up to 10 embryos over multiple retrievals and approx $4000 on testing and procedures before my insurance covered at 100%
Morristown

Maryellen [nurse at RMA of NJ] is extremely knowledgable and caring. When I contact her, I always receive a promt and detailed response in easy to understand language. She is a rock for me in this very delicate process...I had a health care cost and billing explanation consultation with a team member before we bagan any treatments to explain my personal health benefits, what my personal responsibilities would include, what my deductible would be, and what treatments my insurance covers before we ever began diagnostics and treatments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This clinic is clean, organized, friendly, easy to access, has excellent parking, is easy to schedule, and has been an overall pleasure. The receptionists are courteous and helpful both over the phone and in person. The appointments are staggered well so there is no awkward or inconvenient wait times. The nursing staff is positive, friendly, knowledgable, and outgoing. They explain each step and ensure complete understanding of each phase of diagnosis and treatment. The phlebotomists are capable and pleasant. I have had multiple blood draws and never have to wait and have not had any pain or brusing from any visit. The doctors are knowledgable and caring. They speak to us as humans in terminology we can understand and invite questions. They take their time with each appointment. We never feel like a number or that we are rushed through. We understand each stage and are looking forward to a successful conception under this team’s diligent and skilled care.
Dr. Franasiak does an excellent job explaining each step of our testing, diagnosis, and treatments. He utilizes his nursing staff to maintain excellent patient communication, instruction, and check-ins throughtout each stage. Looking forward to a successful IUI (hopefully this cycle) now that the likely cause of infertility has been identified and treated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Maryellen Matthews)
Maryellen is extremely knowledgable and caring. When I contact her, I always receive a promt and detailed response in easy to understand language. She is a rock for me in this very delicate process.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Exceptional communication and knowledge. Invites questions and even draws figures to explain in visual representation the issues we are encountering. Makes sure we are comfortable and understand each stage before we proceed. He is also an excellent, skilled surgeon and I had no complications from my hysteroscopic polypectomy.
Ask lots of questions. He is a good listener and does an excellent job explaining things in lay terms.
So far I have completed diagnostics and surgical correction. I’ve had Lab work, genetic testing and consultaion with a genetics councillor, I’ve had an uktrasound, and SIS, and HSG, and a hysteroscopic polypectomy. This cycle I will be using Clomid and will be monitored for ovulation and IUI.
I had a health care cost and billing explanation consultation with a team member before we bagan any treatments to explain my personal health benefits, what my personal responsibilities would include, what my deductible would be, and what treatments my insurance covers before we ever began diagnostics and treatments. Everything has been exactly as described at that meeting so I knew going into this treatment what to expect and was financially prepared for the costs associated with my treatment plan.
Marlton

The front desk [at RMA] is very friendly. My one criticism would be the phone system, it’s not easy to get someone on the phone. Typically you have to get a callback. You have to go through a lot of steps when you’re trying to leave a message and it always seems that you’re “in line” waiting for the next receptionist to pick up the call...While be Breanna always had a very positive demeanor and tone of voice, I just felt like I was getting dribs and drabs of information.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk is very friendly. My one criticism would be the phone system, it’s not easy to get someone on the phone. Typically you have to get a callback. You have to go through a lot of steps when you’re trying to leave a message and it always seems that you’re “in line” waiting for the next receptionist to pick up the call
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She has a warm manner. The way she’s interacted with me made me feel like she really cared about the outcome of my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Breanna)
While be Breanna always had a very positive demeanor and tone of voice, I just felt like I was getting dribs and drabs of information. Just the immediate next step for the next morning or the next day. I always felt like I had to follow up and ask more questions about what the bigger picture next steps would be.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She is warm and personable as well as knowledgeable. Unfortunately after our first appointment I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to talk strategy and most of the information I got seemed be on a “need to know” basis or I came with questions but the process is complicated and could use some more detailed explaining along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Come prepared with your questions.
Describe the protocols Maria Costantini-Ferrando used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We used estradiol first. Then low-dose hCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F. For the trigger it was Lupron and Pregnyl. I responded well to most. Gonal F gave me terrible headaches.
Monitoring hours are between six and 730 in the morning. It’s always crowded, but the blood work typically goes very quickly. Then you’ll go back out to the waiting room and wait for the ultrasound. Sometimes it takes a little longer for the doctor to make it into the room. But generally speaking your in and out within 30-45 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.
For an IVF cycle, insurance was charged $9500. I paid approximately $3000 out-of-pocket which covered the cryopreservation and the coinsurance portion.
Maria Costantini-Ferrando
Englewood

Very nice staff [at RMA] overall, efficient check in process and morning monitoring that’s long enough to get to before work. Facilities are clean and all of the doctors are made up to speed on your records before meeting with you. It could feel factory like from time to time due to the size especially when visiting the basking ridge nj office. Overall it’s a good experience and really organized... morning monitoring hours.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very nice staff overall, efficient check in process and morning monitoring that’s long enough to get to before work. Facilities are clean and all of the doctors are made up to speed on your records before meeting with you. It could feel factory like from time to time due to the size especially when visiting the basking ridge nj office. Overall it’s a good experience and really organized.
Dr Maguire’s bedside manner is kind and patient
My nurse support changed midway through my treatment. My support has been pretty good with the exception of some confusion once they had a new urologist start with them and had some issues with coordinating with this new doctor for my husband. Some tests slipped through the cracks but overall I have been well supported.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Maguire is kind, patient, and will spend the time talking out all the different recommendations. She shows compassion and hasn’t given up on me. When I first started I was deemed a really easy case and got pregnant the first round but it ended in a missed miscarriage just before the first trimester was about to end and it was with a chromosomally normal embryo. I then went on to have a failed transfer and then an ectopic (which no one ever explained was possible through IVF). The doctors also do not believe in reproductive immunology.
Ask for all prospective outcomes even if you CCS test an embryo know that it doesn’t guarantee a pregnancy and won’t aid against a miscarriage.
High levels of stims to get the most eggs (said I needed it even though I was 31). When asked about it affecting quality of eggs she does not think so, other doctors may disagree. Transfer protocol is pretty typical estradiol and progesterone. Ask about a natural transfer. All of mine have been medicated and just found out I didn’t necessarily need that. Hysteroscopy should be done for all patients not just saline sonogram. All testing for blood clotting disorders and other auto immune tests should be done before first transfer not after a failure or miscarriage.
I have no issues with morning monitoring hours. A hand full of times there were long wait times but I do think it’s run efficiently and worked well in the morning before work starting very early at 5:30 am to 7:30 am.
A full cycle from retrieval to transfer is approx 20k and meds 4K
My doctor selected the highest grade embryo each time. Makes sense.
Marcy Maguire
West Orange

The clinic [RMA- Morristown] was always very clean and organized, with light music making for a relaxed atmosphere. Coffee and water were also available. I appreciated that the clinic had signs indicating that children were not allowed...Dayna was absolutely wonderful to work with. She always provided a full report of my testing results, as well as explained in detail every step of our treatment process.... We had some testing done in NYC prior to visiting RMA, but the RMA doctors asked that we re-do our testing in their offices
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was always very clean and organized, with light music making for a relaxed atmosphere. Coffee and water were also available. I appreciated that the clinic had signs indicating that children were not allowed, as I know this could cause sadness or anxiety for RMA patients. I was always able to check in very quickly, and never waited longer than my appointment time to be seen.
Jamie Morris has done a wonderful job of clearly and succinctly summarizing our options for fertility treatment (IUI, IVF), as well as explaining the IUI process once we decided to proceed with that. However, I would have appreciated/benefited from some more information regarding follow up. After the IUI procedure was performed, I didn't receive any further information on what I should be or could be doing to help boost our chances for success, she exited the room fairly quickly.
Dayna was absolutely wonderful to work with. She always provided a full report of my testing results, as well as explained in detail every step of our treatment process. She showed compassion as well when I was overly anxious.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Jamie Morris was very knowledgeable and did a good job with clearly and succinctly summarizing all of our treatment options, as well as summarized clearly all of the results of our fertility tests. When she performed my IUI procedure, she performed it very quickly and painlessly, which I appreciated. I think I could have benefitted from a little more time spent during our appointments, they always felt a bit rushed. After the IUI procedure, she walked out very quickly, with little explanation on next steps and instructions for me.
Come prepared to each of your appointments with all of your questions, so you can ask her at once.
I took Clomid for 5 days (cycle days 3-7) and had a trigger injection of Ovidrel on Day 16, after my blood-work and ultrasound showed that I was ready to ovulate. I went in on Day 17 and Day 18 for two back-to-back IUI procedures. I have follow up bloodwork on this Friday, Day 24, and an appointment scheduled for next Friday, Day 31, for a pregnancy test, unless the period comes sooner.
My husband and I paid for all costs out of pocket, this has been a very expensive process so far. We had some testing done in NYC prior to visiting RMA, but the RMA doctors asked that we re-do our testing in their offices, which has made this process very expensive for us. I believe we have spent somewhere around $5k-$7k out of pocket already, and might be looking at up to $32k in additional costs if we proceed with IVF.
Morristown

Friendly, pleasant, personable. All staff is friendly and accommodating. RMA of NJ, Marlton sets a very high bar, they make every other clinic experience I have had look poor by comparison.... So responsive and compassionate. I felt that she [nurse] was with me every step of the way. She made the experience manageable and easy to navigate. Any and all of my questions and concerns were answered within 24 hours, usually less. My insurance gave me a hard time and she helped me with that. Cannot say enough good things about Beth!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Friendly, pleasant, personable. All staff is friendly and accommodating. RMA of NJ, Marlton sets a very high bar, they make every other clinic experience I have had look poor by comparison. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Kaser took the time to explain the process and answer all my questions no matter how trivial. He was personable, had a great sense of humor throughout the process and I knew that he genuinely cared.
Amazing!!!! So responsive and compassionate. I felt that she was with me every step of the way. She made the experience manageable and easy to navigate. Any and all of my questions and concerns were answered within 24 hours, usually less. My insurance gave me a hard time and she helped me with that. Cannot say enough good things about Beth!
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kaser was wonderful in every way. He diagnosed me with PCOS after two previous doctors had missed this. Once my infertility was treated using an appropriate intervention for PCOS I got the result I had hoped for. Dr. Kaser went above and beyond in all regards showing true compassion and concern. He answered all my questions thoroughly. Working with him was such a pleasure that my husband even commented that he wished Dr. Kaser could deliver our baby as well.
You are so fortunate to be working with such a fantastic doctor.
Protocol was a PCOS specific protocol which resulted in the greatest number of viable embryos at day 5 from a retrieval.
easy, quick, usually no wait
approximately $2,500 out of pocket and well worth every penny!!!!
Very thankful that he advised only a single embryo transfer given the higher risk for complications for multiple embryo transfers.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The morning monitoring [at RMA of New Jersey] went smoothly on almost all occasions. Even when the waiting room was full I rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes or so...When I switched to IVF my insurance did not cover it and I paid a lump sum for all associated visits and the procedure itself. It was around $20,000 I think. Then I paid an additional lump sum for the FET cycle of around $4,000 which again included monitoring...Overall the clinic is professional but caring and a comfortable place for patients.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall the clinic is professional but caring and a comfortable place for patients. The location was not convenient considering how often I had to visit, but it was worth the extra travel. They could not perform certain procedures at the clinic and I had to travel quite a distance to another facility on those occasions. There will be a new office opening soon so I don't think this will be an issue anymore.
Everyone in the office was so caring and supportive throughout. It was clear that they care about the patients and making sure they stay positive through a difficult time. Not only the doctor, but the nurses, assistants, and administrative staff all made me feel this way. I couldn't have chosen a better place for this treatment
Beth was incredible - she was so caring and supportive. she expressed her emotions openly and was sad when things didn't work out and genuinely happy when they did. I know she honestly cared about me. She was also very good with helping me with injections and I had a fear of needles
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kaser is the best doctor I have ever had and though this was a difficult journey, he made me feel cared for and supported throughout. I never felt he was giving up hope and that is what kept me strong and positive. He was great at communicating and explaining what was happening and what to expect. He was encouraging and caring and really made me feel special - not like just another patient. He was extremely competent and knew how to answer all my questions. I felt comfortable with him through every procedure. When things didn't go well he took the time to call me himself and explain in detail and listen to my concerns.
To trust him and not give up if treatment takes longer than expected.
I started without knowing I had any infertility issues with high prospects that I would become pregnant quickly. I ended up having 9 unsuccessful IUIs with and without medication. For the first I took Clomid and overreacted and had to skip the cycle - I was very upset but Dr. Kaser convinced me to stay positive and continue and was prepared with a plan for the next cycle. After that we tried several "natural" cycles, which also failed. Then Dr. Kaser recommended trying injectable medications. Once I did have a positive pregnancy test, but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. It was very difficult to get through, but again Dr. Kaser encouraged me not to give up. After a few more unsuccessful IUIs (my insurance did not cover IVF which is why I tried to avoid it), Dr Kaser convinced me that I would have much better chances with IVF. I completely trusted him and went forward with the egg retrieval cycle which was successful and frozen embryo transfer - also successful! I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I feel even though it took well over a year for me to get pregnant, Dr. Kaser did whatever he could to make it happen while taking my concerns into account. I know if I went with IVF sooner it wouldn't have taken so long but it was a process I had to go through before understanding that was the best (maybe only) option. Dr. Kaser was patient and supportive.
The morning monitoring went smoothly on almost all occasions. Even when the waiting room was full I rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes or so.
My insurance covered the IUIs and regular appointments, monitoring, and lab work. I had a $40 copay. When I switched to IVF my insurance did not cover it and I paid a lump sum for all associated visits and the procedure itself. It was around $20,000 I think. Then I paid an additional lump sum for the FET cycle of around $4,000 which again included monitoring. I also had to pay for the medications during the IVF cycle. I am not sure what the total cost was but it was more than $2000.
Dr. Kaser insisted it was best to transfer a single embryo even though I was unsure and thought maybe it would give me better chances to transfer 2. He said that multiples create more risk and woman are really meant to have 1 at a time. I am glad he insisted and I trusted him so much that I agreed.
Marlton

Pros- Great statistics, know what they're doing. They [RMA of New Jersey] also have experience with my husbands diagnosis (retrograde ejaculation) which is pretty rare. Our previous clinic did not seem to know as much. Con- They are very large. Some call it a baby factory. However I find comfort in knowing they see a lot of different cases and can react appropriately.... My nurse is very blunt. I would prefer her to be a little more positive, but I guess she is trying to stay realistic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Pros- Great statistics, know what they're doing. They also have experience with my husbands diagnosis (retrograde ejaculation) which is pretty rare. Our previous clinic did not seem to know as much. Con- They are very large. Some call it a baby factory. However I find comfort in knowing they see a lot of different cases and can react appropriately.
It's definitely a larger clinic, so I cannot say every time I went in for monitoring I felt like a human. However, during every one-on-one with doctor (and even when I saw my doctor for monitoring) I felt better informed and treated as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Cathy Ovacz)
My nurse is very blunt. I would prefer her to be a little more positive, but I guess she is trying to stay realistic. The other doctors/nurses seem a bit more positive though. She is thorough with information. I wish she would have showed me in person re: the injections instead of sending me videos.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I like how she was honest. We already had our diagnosis going into consultation. We saw her as a second opinion and ending up choosing her for treatment. Both doctors recommended the same course of treatment. However, I felt she had more experience and preferred this clinic to the other one.
Be aware that there is a lot of waiting involved in the process. Not like in the waiting room, but to make appointment, get a schedule, etc. if pursuing IVF.
Started out on 225 IU Follistim & 75 IU Menopur every night. Follicles are not growing very fast. Depending on bloodwork she may increase my medication dosage tonight (Day 6) will find out this afternoon.
About 15,000 for egg retrieval, and a FET is approximately 4,500
She has a strong preference of single embryo transfer. She will only do multiples in rare cases.
Somerset

The atmosphere in the office [RMA of New Jersey] is very calming and the staff makes it a top priority to make patients feel comfortable. The hours are great especially for working patients. Labs and procedures can be done in early mornings which is wonderful.... Jandra [nurse] is wonderful and has been my rock throughout this process thus far. She gets back to my questions quickly and has really provided a lot of support throughout this process as my first doctor had unexpectedly left the practice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The atmosphere in the office is very calming and the staff makes it a top priority to make patients feel comfortable. The hours are great especially for working patients. Labs and procedures can be done in early mornings which is wonderful.
I am still early in the process with Dr Molinaro but he performed my HSG testing and had a detailed consultation with me. He answered all of my questions in a detailed way and made sure I get comfortable with the path forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandra )
Jandra is wonderful and has been my rock throughout this process thus far. She gets back to my questions quickly and has really provided a lot of support throughout this process as my first doctor had unexpectedly left the practice.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
So far I am very comfortable with him as my doctor. I feel positive about the situation. We crafted a plan that works with my budget and my life at the moment. While i have been told that I would likely do very well with ivf, finances are preventing me from going that route.
Be honest about your goals and expectations. Let him know how much or how little information you need.
So far, one round of iui in process with clomid and ovidrel trigger. This is due to me having unexplained infertility and therefore was the recommended course of action the avoid the high oop costs of ivf.
I had to pay copays for office visits. I had to pay for the meds for the iui out of pocket (clomid and ovidrel). My finance contact was able to submit the ultrasounds and blood work separately to my insurance carrier and they paid for that. I will have to pay for the iui procedures out of pocket by all in all, the process has been less costly than I anticipated so far.
Basking Ridge
The front desk staff [RMA of NJ] is super friendly, sensitive and have a great sense of humor. They are kind and patient. I love that the waiting room does not feel like a clinic but a comfy place to wait. The fictional advisor I am assigned to will explain information to me at least a 100 times and does so with all the tome in the world I know she is busy but never makes me feel rushed and only wants to help... I did have to pay for my blood work that was sent to the foundation
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk staff is super friendly, sensitive and have a great sense of humor. They are kind and patient. I love that the waiting room does not feel like a clinic but a comfy place to wait. The fictional advisor I am assigned to will explain information to me at least a 100 times and does so with all the tome in the world I know she is busy but never makes me feel rushed and only wants to help
Dr. Ryback always explained the procedure and wanted to know how I was doing and feeling. He always had a smile on his face and never felt rushed
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda minet )
Rhonda can be “tough” but in a loving way. She wants to make sure you are receiving ththe best care possible and you are also on top of speaking with the insurance companies, genetic counseling...
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Rybak, Did not make me feel like a loss cause. I feel going through ivf can make people feel like an outcast or a nebach. Dr. Rybak felt our pain but also encouraged us that we are doing the right thing. He wants to make sure all my procedures and test are up to date and checking in with my nurse I can’t say many other doctors feel this way about their patients
Make sure you share all your concerns and do not be afraid to ask dr Rybak to repeat anything
I used gonal F and another injection to promote egg growth he was happy with my results and I was able to trigger in a about a week.
Thankfully my insurance covers most of my treatment. I did have to pay for my blood work that was sent to the foundation and for my medication. Since insurance did not cover those it was over 10,000
My doctor felt that I am young (under 35) and have no fertility issues he felt safe allowing for one egg at a time. I believe at this point we are doing the eighth strategy
Englewood

It gets very busy at monitoring hours. I would wait sometimes an hour to be seen. They [RMA of NJ] are very efficient, organized, and communicate well. They have a large staff with their roles clearly defined. You are assigned a doctor, nurse and financial coordinator. You know exactly who to contact. The on call doctor are also great and respond very quickly.... They have around 10 different sattelite offices so you can go the most convenient location.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It gets very busy at monitoring hours. I would wait sometimes an hour to be seen. They are very efficient, organized, and communicate well. They have a large staff with their roles clearly defined. You are assigned a doctor, nurse and financial coordinator. You know exactly who to contact. The on call doctor are also great and respond very quickly.
During monitoring I felt like a number because there were so many women, and the doctor doesn’t spend much time with the patient. The doctor himself was amazing though so I feel neutral about the time spent. The nursing staff was incredible and always reachable
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sara Friedwald)
She was very organized, always gave detailed instructions and replied very timely to voicemails and emails.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He is the most warm, compassionate and caring doctor I have ever met. He remembers every detail from visit to visit, and although I didn’t see him each visit I felt totally comfortable and trusted him 100% in directing and overseeing my care. I don’t have anything negative to say about the doctor himself
He is very thorough explaining everything, but it is still good to come up with your own questions ahead of time.
I did 3 cycles with injectables and timed intercourse which failed. One round of IuI which failed. The IVF cycle was successful- for egg retrieval I did birth control, menopur Gonal-F, ovidrel For embryo transfer did estrace and progesterone. Metrogel the night before.
You could go early in the morning from 545-730 am. They have around 10 different sattelite offices so you can go the most convenient location. You would sign in your name at the front desk and it’s first come first serve. Sometimes there was a line out the door at 530am. You could wait over an hour to be seen.
He recommended a single embryo transfer given my health and age. He told me it was my decision but advised against multiple. He said that would be very risky for me. He said if the single didn’t work, we could reevaluate.
Englewood

My clinic [RMA of New Jersey] is great. Some days morning monitoring takes a long time. Everyone there is amazing. I haven’t had a complaint about anyone so far. Saturday and Sunday’s you have to go to basking ridge for morning monitoring. They always have juice and bagels in the lobby for you. I have heard some doctors don’t do your retrieval and transfer. If you are happy with your doctor I would try to request them.... Jenn is an awesome nurse. Always calls every few days to check on me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My clinic is great. Some days morning monitoring takes a long time. Everyone there is amazing. I haven’t had a complaint about anyone so far. Saturday and Sunday’s you have to go to basking ridge for morning monitoring. They always have juice and bagels in the lobby for you. I have heard some doctors don’t do your retrieval and transfer. If you are happy with your doctor I would try to request them.
Dr Hong is amazing. She did both retrieval’s and FET for me. Most people in the clinic don’t have their own doctors do them. My second retrieval was abdominal. It was really painful and dr Hong was amazing. I called and she called me back after hours. I went to the office on Sunday and there was another doctor covering because dr Hong was doing transfers. Dr Hong made a special point to come up and look at me. I received the heart breaking news last Saturday that my FRozen embryo transfer was negative. It was 1 out of my 2 pgs tested embryos. I was devastated. Dr Hong called me on Saturday while she was traveling to say how sorry she was. I missed her call. She called me back on Sunday to discuss what we can do differently and give me some hope. I’m going oct 2nd to do a hysterscopy. Then moving on to the ERA. When I first met with dr Hong she was straight up telling me the good and bad because of my age of 43. I wouldn’t want any other doctor to handle my IVf journey. I would 100% recommended dr hong.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer dryer)
Jenn is an awesome nurse. Always calls every few days to check on me. Was calling almost everyday after my awful retrieval. Very caring. Always has information for me when I call. Calls on days I have morning monitoring are always by noon or around there. I feel like she is invested in my success.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
I love dr Hong. She has been amazing. Calling me on weekends while she is out of town. Taking extra time to explain exactly what I can expect. I had a really rough 2nd egg retrieval. She called to check on me herself. She is caring and sweet. After the egg retrieval I was in a lot of pain. I could tell she cared and felt bad. I ended up with a hematoma because of the andominal retrieval. She really wanted the transfer to work for me. I remember her calling me after I spoke to the nurse hearing the news of my negative beta. Dr Hong left me a voicemail saying how sorry she was. She was so sincere and sweet. I would highly recommend her to a friend or family member.
The first consult she will not only explain everything to you she willl draw and write it down for you. She will tell you the good and bad
Egg retrieval was 2 vials of menopur and 300 gonal and cetrotide. For 2 rounds of stims. First round 5 eggs, 2 fertilized and 1 made it to blast and was pgs tested Normal. Second round. 6 eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 made to blast. 2 tested Normal for pgs. For my first frozen transfer I started on estradiol. 5 days before transfer I start with PIO injections. My transfer didn’t implant. I stopped all meds on day 9 after negative beta.
Most days I was in and out pretty quickly. There were a couple of days that took over an hour, which I thought was a long time.
Retrieval was about $15k including icsi and pgs testing. Frozen transfer was about $4K. We got some package for our second retrieval so it was about 8k.
If I had more than 2 embryos I would have pushed for 2 to transfer. I was good with transferring one since I only had 2.

IVF, Donor Eggs
I decided to use one of RMA's egg donor...Once we were on the list, we were matched quite quickly. They did have me complete a "test cycle" prior to starting the journey just to make sure that I would be able to get a embryo transfer. They noted that I also had a polyp at that time. Once I was matched, my nurse kept in constant contact with me, reminding me on my meds, appts and everything in between - she was AMAZING as well!
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA Somerset is very organized. They have great hours and are pretty good about being flexible. They are very knowledgeable and I feel like they are just a well-oiled machine with amazing people that work there!
Dr. Doherty always took the time to speak with me. Ask me how I was doing, discuss any/all symptoms/questions/concerns! I felt like he truly cared!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Columbo and Patrice)
My nurses were so organized, always available and I do not know how they kept up with each appointment and procedure that I had to get done. She always made sure to have appointments set up - she was amazing!
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
I was given pretty horrific news before I came to see Dr. Doherty. I was in a place with no hope - but just going thru the motions. I had seen a couple doctors prior to Dr. Doherty and still felt like there wasn't much hope. When I came to Dr. Doherty, he was somewhat new to the practice and I didn't have much expectations. But even on that first visit, I felt like he gave me so much hope. There was something about how he went over my options that made me feel optimistic for the first time since I got my devastating news. He made no promises but he made me feel like there were lots of options and definitely gave me that hope that I needed. He made me feel like he cared and would be there with me thru my journey. He is so kind and always has a smile. I can't really put it into words - but his characteristics are not something that you learn, it's something you ARE. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone! I honestly just LOVED him!!! I am pregnant with my 1st and know that I will be going back to him when we are ready for our 2nd!
Be open - things may not always happen exactly as and when you expect, but Dr. Doherty and the RMA team never quits!
I was diagnosed with POI, so we always knew that I would need to use a egg donor. Dr. Doherty went thru the whole process with me and gave me more than enough time to think it thru. I decided to use one of RMA's egg donor and my nurse would follow up with me to see when I would want to be put on the list. We took our time just because wee were still hoping that we would somehow naturally conceive but we gave ourselves a deadline. Then we decided to move forward. Once we were on the list, we were matched quite quickly. They did have me complete a "test cycle" prior to starting the journey just to make sure that I would be able to get a embryo transfer. They noted that I also had a polyp at that time. Once I was matched, my nurse kept in constant contact with me, reminding me on my meds, appts and everything in between - she was AMAZING as well! I was pretty delinquent about my appts at first, but she would just follow up and make adjustments accordingly. I only had to have 1 cycle, but they were so helpful. I just couldn't have asked for a better team.
I had to go thru egg donor and embryo transfer - the total cost was about 25K or more.
Describe Leo Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Doherty said he would support our decision either way but said that he would recommend a single embryo transfer. He showed me some research regarding the risks of a single vs multiple embryo transfer. But let me make the ultimate decision and we did decide to go with a single embryo transfer.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
RMA-NJ is like clockwork...I wish they would do day-3 embryo transfer, they will only transfer day 5's. That said, they have great PGS testing, it's CCS testing and provides a "normal, mosaic, or abnormal" rating... just wished they would have monitoring hours after 8am. I have to get up super early for the appointments as I live far away....[nurse] Jordanna is sweet, humorous, and always gets back to me the same da
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA-NJ is like clockwork. You feel like you've joined some sort of elite fitness club or something, because you can take your "membership" and show up at any of their offices each morning for monitoring and they know who you are and treat you like a valued participant. I wish they would do day-3 embryo transfer, they will only transfer day 5's. That said, they have great PGS testing, it's CCS testing and provides a "normal, mosaic, or abnormal" rating. They will allow transfer of normals and mosaics if you had PGS testing. They have a few different financing options for folks like me who don't have insurance. Their embryology department is amazing. I had to have ICSI done and it worked very well. Their frozen embryo statistics are stellar and are one of the reasons I choose RMA-NJ. All weekday monitoring happens between 6 and 8 in the morning, weekend they are open until 10am. I wish they had later hours.
RMA-NJ is very factory-like in that you just show up at any of their clinics on the days that you are to be monitored and whoever is working there that day does your monitoring. I like that they at least list the names of the doctors on the schedule so I can go to the clinics with the doctors I feel most comfortable with. Generally all communication runs through one's assigned nurse by email and by phone messages, but any time I have specifically wanted to directly speak with my doctor Susan Treiser, I have been pleasantly surprised with how quickly and pleasantly she calls me back and speaks at length with me about whatever I want to talk to her about. She has also called me, instead of having the nurse contact me, at key junctures in my treatment, and she is always the one to talk with me after retrieval and every step along the way in regards to embryo development and testing. There have been tests and medications I have read about and when I bring up a test or a medication adjustment I am wondering about, she has always had good information for me and seems to like talking with me, and has been open to my ideas and suggestions where appropriate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jordanna)
Jordanna is sweet, humorous, and always gets back to me the same day.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I have read about other doctors at RMA-NJ trying novel treatments and I'm not sure anything Dr. Treiser is doing in my situation is particularly novel, but then again, it may be that I have not needed anything novel because I am having good success with the current treatment. Dr. Treiser is easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of and explains everything thoroughly that I ask her about so that I'm not concerned about my questions anymore.
Dr. Treiser can seem a bit quiet at times but if you ask her all your questions and concerns, she will be very kind and talk to you about everything.
I am an older patient (over 40). She never expressed any negativity towards me like other doctors did. I had good AMH, LH/FSH, and many follicles showing on initial visit. She started me on 300 Follistim/Gonal, 150 menopur, then added in Ganirelex a few days later, and then a lupron trigger with an HCG shot. We had very good results with this so it was definitely a good call I think.
Efficient, well-oiled machine, where you feel special and like part of an elite club of patients. I just wished they would have monitoring hours after 8am. I have to get up super early for the appointments as I live far away.
IVF with ICSI at RMA is normally roughly 20000 a cycle without insurance. I got a package with ARC (financing that RMA offers) for 3 cycles with ICSI and 6 transfers, for roughly 40000 financed. They also have an interesting setup for PGS testing where you pay to "buy in" to a package of 10 embryos tested for roughly $4000 where those 10 embryos can be all in one cycle or if not used, spills over to subsequent cycles.
Dr. Treiser and I discussed MY research on transfering embryos and what I thought was best (freeze all, multiple cycles, then transfer one at a time) and she agreed with my sense of where to go.
Somerset

They [RMA] have multiple offices and early monitoring hours which is great. But sometimes because there are so many doctors with differing approaches, results can vary from monitoring and things can be missed...My nurse is very good at calling with instructions or bloodwork results. She is not good at the personal stuff. When my mom died, she did not tell the dr. She also is very abrupt in conversation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They have multiple offices and early monitoring hours which is great. But sometimes because there are so many doctors with differing approaches, results can vary from monitoring and things can be missed
I have PCOS and am overweight, Dr. Shastri was very patient for our 1st year of treatment and just kept encouraging me to lose weight. When we finally got cleared for our first treatment cycle, my mom passed away and a month later my father had open heart bypass surgery. During what was an extremely stressful time, Dr. Shastri was extremely supportive. She has encouraged us to continue healthy lifestyle choices and praises the loss we have achieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel)
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and write things down
We used follistim and ovidrel for the iui cycles. The cycles we did not do iui, had the same medications. My body responded very well and a few follicles matured each time. It was also recommended to be on Metformin for the PCOS and synthroid for thyroid levels.
I have not had ivf or transfers yet, that is the next step if this current iui cycle fails.
Somerset

I felt like everything about my care was state-of-the-art, best-in-class, and holistic. Even though it's a large practice, I think they [RMA of NJ] go through a lot of effort to consider the patient experience, though I think there are small things they could improve in this regard - like providing more info on your full care team (either on the website or as a packet of info when you first start care), streamlining the educational resources they provide, and/or creating a phone system that's a bit easier to navigate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a huge practice (and let's be honest, it's a big business, too) - you'll definitely sit in waiting rooms with dozens of other couples and realize you're one of a few thousand patients they see every year. That said, the size of the practice gave me lots of confidence that each procedure I underwent would follow best practices. I also felt confident that even if my primary doctor did not perform every procedure, I was in the hands of another highly qualified doctor. I was consistently impressed by the quality of care of nursing, reception, counseling, and financial support staff across multiple offices. And last but certainly not least, I'm impressed by everything I've learned about the quality of RMA's lab and the research that comes out of the practice. I felt like everything about my care was state-of-the-art, best-in-class, and holistic. Even though it's a large practice, I think they go through a lot of effort to consider the patient experience, though I think there are small things they could improve in this regard - like providing more info on your full care team (either on the website or as a packet of info when you first start care), streamlining the educational resources they provide, and/or creating a phone system that's a bit easier to navigate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
While I only had a few appointments in which I formally sat down to speak with Dr. Jurema, it was always clear he had carefully reviewed my files and was familiar with the details of my diagnosis and care. Through calls and appointments, he made time to answer any questions I had. Throughout multiple procedures he was always optimistic, yet realistic - giving me as clear a picture as possible of what I could expect without trying to oversell anything. I also appreciated Dr. Jurema's approach to monitoring visits - entering the room slowly (vs. barging in), taking the time to ask how I was feeling, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lynette)
Lynette was always on top of things - sending me detailed descriptions of care plans and medication plans and responding to my questions quickly and thoroughly. Overall I've found her to be extremely considerate, caring, and professional. The only downsides of the nursing care at RMA are 1) Lynette was my third nurse in about a 6 month time period, which made my experience feel a bit disjointed; 2) I'm not sure if this is more about RMA or individual nurses, but I don't think there's much of an effort to figure out patient's preferred communication styles, e.g. email, phone, time of day, etc. I found I was always missing phone messages and had to follow up via email and some of that could have been resolved if the info was emailed to me from the start or calls weren't always placed during my morning commute :)
How was your experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Jurema is friendly and compassionate. During monitoring meetings he always started by asking how I was feeling, which I appreciated. He's very straightforward - I found his descriptions of what we could expect from various procedures to be detailed and realistic, while also optimistic. It never seemed like he was trying to push me toward a particular procedure. I very much felt like I played a role in my care and was able to get all my questions answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Let him know what questions and concerns you have. He is always happy to respond and provide more info.
Describe the protocols Marcus Jurema used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We started with two IUI cycles, mostly because that was all my insurance would cover at the time. With a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve (my AMH level was 0.82), we thought it was worth trying, but we knew the odds of success were low. Both times I was prescribed 75mL of Gonal F per day. The first time I continued the Gonal F shots for 7 days; the second time for 8 days before taking a 750 mcg/0.5mL syringe of Ovidrel as my trigger shot. I was also taking 600mg per day of CoQ10 (a supplement) during both cycles. Dr. Jurema was willing to try another IUI cycle, but my insurance had changed to provide some coverage for IVF, so we decided to move on. During my egg retrieval cycle I took Alyacen birth control pills for 8 days leading up to the cycle, then I took 300 units of Follistim and 75 unit vials of Menopur for 10 days along with 250 mcg/0.5mL syringes of Ganirelix for the last 6 days. I used two Lupron trigger shots at the end. My egg retrieval took place 2 days later resulting in 22 eggs of which 18 were mature. From there we were able to get 12 embryos, which were fertilized via ICSI, and 8 made it on to Day 5 blastocysts. We froze and genetically tested all 8 of those embyros and found 5 were normal, 1 was abnormal, and 1 was unclear. During my whole retrieval cycle I had about 8 monitoring visits. I'm currently in the middle of my transfer cycle and haven't started medications yet, but we plan to transfer 1 of the normal embryos. We transferred one embryo. During my transfer cycle I took 2mg of Estrace (2-3 times per day) for three weeks before the transfer and then five weeks after. I also injected 1 - 1.5 mL of progesterone in oil daily for a week before the transfer and five weeks after. And I used Metronidazole the day before transfer and Endometrin 100mg inserts around weeks 5-8 of my pregnancy. In total I had about 8 monitoring visits leading up to the transfer and through week 8 of my pregnancy.
I mostly did my monitoring at the Springfield office of RMA. I found the team there to be incredibly efficient. There were one or two instances in which things seemed to be running behind, but for the most part I was in and out with blood work and ultrasound within 15-20 minutes. The team was always kind and professional. The hours were early enough that I could get in and still make my regular commute to work. Occasionally I had to go to the Basking Ridge office during holidays or on weekends and it was often a different story. My monitoring appointments there sometimes took 1-1.5 hours, but I appreciated that I had a weekend option that wasn't much farther than my regular office, and that the monitoring hours were longer at that office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.
Initially my insurance fully covered IUI but not IVF, so for my two IUI cycles I paid about $650 for initial diagnostic blood work, an HSG, and co-pays for two visits and medications. All my monitoring visits and the IUI procedure itself were fully covered. For my IVF cycle I had a $10,000 lifetime maximum. Total costs from RMA for the cycle were: $7,977 for the egg retrieval procedure; $1,963 for ICSI; $700 for anesthesia; $1,000 for embryo freezing for up to one year; $1,700 for embryo biopsy; $2,500 for genetic testing; and $4,475 for the embryo transfer. So I paid about $10,315 out of pocket for those expenses. I also paid about $5,500 out of pocket for medications for both the egg retrieval and transfer cycles. And I paid about $400 in co-pays for monitoring visits during both cycles. I ended up receiving a $4,300 reimbursement from RMA and about $5,000 in reimbursements for medications from my insurance company, so total out of pocket costs were ~$7,000.
Describe Marcus Jurema's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
My doctor suggested single embryo transfer, and from what I had read I strongly agreed with this approach. We weighed the risks of multiple pregnancies with the costs of performing procedures (ICSI, embryo freezing, genetic testing) that would help us ensure our single embryo was genetically normal. Ultimately we decided the costs were worth the benefits of an increased likelihood of a normal embryo and healthy pregnancy.
Marcus Jurema
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.

I used the [RMA] Freehold and Eatontown offices for monitoring and honestly have no complaints. Every time was simple and thorough. The staff become more like family to you since you see them so much, or at least that was my experience...The wait was never insanely long...here were some issues thatthe finance office hadn't handled properly and she made sure that everything was taken care of so that we wouldn't have to worry.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I used the Freehold and Eatontown offices for monitoring and honestly have no complaints. Every time was simple and thorough. The staff become more like family to you since you see them so much, or at least that was my experience. The day my positive beta came in, everyone in the office was thrilled for us. It really was great to have all the support from not only your doctor and nurse but every member of the office.
Dr. Doherty took the time to get to know our specific situation. He understood that we had a male infertility issue and helped us figure out the best course of action to have our baby. Even though we did disagree on things such as having donor sperm as a back up, he really made us feel good about our situation. I'm thrilled we chose him as our doctor and I look forward to trying for our second child soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Canada)
My Nurse was Nancy, who is no longer a full time Nurse at RMA. She was absolutely wonderful. She was thorough, caring, compassionate and on top of her game. I never had to wonder about any testing, appointments or medications. She was always available to answer any questions I had or help me with a problem. As an example, the day before my retrieval, there were some issues thatthe finance office hadn't handled properly and she made sure that everything was taken care of so that we wouldn't have to worry. I'm sad I won't have her as my nurse when we try for our next baby.
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
I really have no complaints about Dr. Doherty. When we disagreed with each other on the donor sperm issue, he reminded me that he was trying to give me the best chance to have a baby. Luckily our intuitions were right and we didn't need donor sperm but I did like the fact that Dr. Doherty reminded jus of our options. He was always supportive and assisted with any issue I had. He even helped with the issues I had with my insurance company. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. He's the reason our miracle baby is here today.
Always stand your ground and be vocal about what you want. Never hesitate to ask Dr. Doherty for advice. He will take care of you.
My protocol was very simple. Gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, trigger, and estradiol. They increased it accordingly. I luckily have a surplus of follicles so stimming was quite easy.
Monitoring was convenient for me because I work in Freehold. The wait was never insanely long. Even when every seat was filled in the office, they moved everyone swiftly. No complaints at all.
Luckily my insurance covered portions of the IVF costs but there are other components that aren't covered. They would be the genetic testing which was $4,000, the medications which totaled $4000 and the acupuncture which was $200. The out of pocket costs are quite extreme especially since even with insurance coverage, there are many parts which aren't covered. My insurance only covers one procedure every 24 months, so if a cycle fails, then everything will then be out of pocket. There is also the storage fee for sperm and embryos which is $1,200 per year for each.
He was very supportive of only one embryo transfer at a time. Especially due to my age, that worked best for us and got us our miracle baby.
Freehold

Huge practice [RMA] which has everything needed for a successful cycle at their fingertips. My husband felt comfortable with them when it came to anything sperm related and I felt comfortable with all practitioners I encountered as well. In the morning for monitoring hours it does get a little busy closer to the end and they do their best to push everyone through in a timely matter while also spending the appropriate time to explain ultrasound findings.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Huge practice which has everything needed for a successful cycle at their fingertips. My husband felt comfortable with them when it came to anything sperm related and I felt comfortable with all practitioners I encountered as well. In the morning for monitoring hours it does get a little busy closer to the end and they do their best to push everyone through in a timely matter while also spending the appropriate time to explain ultrasound findings. In a very sensitive and taboo procedure like fertility treatment, they make you feel human.
Every meeting, every email, every phone call Dr. Hong took time to explain the ins and outs of what was going on and what next steps would look like. She made time whenever I was freaking out and never made excuses for not responding while also making every effort to calm my nerves. She was flexible and easy to talk throughout all three of my cycles (and other treatment procedures).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen Dwyer)
Quickly responded to every call/email with kindness. There were definitely times that I was hot headed and she calmed me down with a thorough and detailed response.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
I had no clue what to expect going to RMA and the first meeting with Dr. Hong reassured me I had made the best decision possible. She explained the process, what was required, where potential hiccups could happen and of course how the entire RMA staff is there to hand hold my husband and I through everything. I miscarriaged twice - one at 11 weeks when I had already been cleared by RMA - and I can remember our first conversation about restarting and how sympathetic she was to me - I felt like I was her best friend and she was doing everything in her power to support me. The second time I saw the same thing and the promise that we would keep going. She explained how if we tested the embryos it may net a better result - so I did it - without hesitating about the cost - because I 100% trusted her opinion. After our third transfer, which Dr. Hong made sure she was there for to do v. anyone else, I waited to hear the test results. March 7, 2017 @ 7:59a I received a voicemail from Dr. Hong telling me the news. I have yet to delete that voicemail because her positivity, excitement and friendliness still makes me feel warm inside. She stuck with us through so much bad and on November 16, 2017 we received so much good with the birth of our first child. She kept me grounded and upbeat and I owe her everything for our daughter. Looking forward to working with her through the next pregnancy - wouldn't want it any other way.
Do not hesitate to express any concerns or hesitations - she will be honest with you and give you the best recommendation based on a personalized plan. Don't hold back saying something you think may sound silly - it's all important - this is your family!
We received a complete itemized sheets from PGS testing, injectables and medications, processes and co-pays. They went through our insurance info with us and weeded through everything we'd have to pay out of pocket. I am lucky with my husband's insurance that we were basically covered so I don't remember the detailed $s.
Dr. Hong and the rest of the RMA crew definitely have the mentality of one happy baby at a time. While she respected my desire for transferring two embryos, she absolutely vocalized that she would prefer one at a time.
Basking Ridge

[RMA of NJ is a] Big, clean professional outfit. You could have any of the doctors do your monitoring, retrieval or transfer so don’t get too attached to anyone. The monitoring appointments were hit or miss. You could wait a very long time at times. Sometimes stand on a long line and stand ina crowded waiting room. They are strict about payment. They will not give you any instruction until your account shows it’s been paid. No exceptions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Rybak was always compassionate. He took the time to explain things. He made a point to reach out to me by phone. During monitoring and communicating with the nurses it felt less personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Nursing didn’t feel personalized enough for me.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He explained treatment plans. When our results continued to lead to poor numbers he didn’t change the protocol which I wish he would have. He kept being optimistic that the treatment plan was a good one and that it just might result in success at some point. After 4 cycles of the same we decided to go for another opinion.
Discuss other options for changing medication dosages, triggering earlier, transferring 3 day fresh embryos or not PGD testing. It seems he has a set protocol per patient and doesn’t seem to veer from it.
We used menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. We never went over 225 of menopur or 300 Gonal f. We used growth hormone once.
It was tough on my schedule because of limited hours and a lot of people coming at the same time.
My insurance covered most of it. Also with my insurance medications were discounted. Laser acupuncture they provided was not covered although acupuncture is covered by my insurance.
He only wanted to transfer PGD tested embryos

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
They [RMA] are a large practice so you do see a lot of doctors, but all of the doctors at the Somerset office and the ones I met at Basking Ridge were all great. I especially loved Dr. Leo Doherty. He was kind and compassionate and has hands down the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve ever met in my 29 years of life. The office staff is incredible, the nurses are all kind, and I LOVED the phlebotomist Richmond at Somerset. I was really sad to graduate. My OBGYN is great but the experience doesnt hold a candle to the one I had at RMA. I would recommend them over and over to anyone (and I do!)
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is great. I actually have sent a friend there since I graduated, and I know several people who have successfully had babies at RMA, some after years of infertility with no success at other clinics. They are a large practice so you do see a lot of doctors, but all of the doctors at the Somerset office and the ones I met at Basking Ridge were all great. I especially loved Dr. Leo Doherty. He was kind and compassionate and has hands down the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve ever met in my 29 years of life. The office staff is incredible, the nurses are all kind, and I LOVED the phlebotomist Richmond at Somerset. I was really sad to graduate. My OBGYN is great but the experience doesnt hold a candle to the one I had at RMA. I would recommend them over and over to anyone (and I do!)
Dr. Treiser understood that I have an anxiety disorder, so she would be very frank with me and give me numbers, percentages, etc when she could, because that made me feel more in control/like I knew what to expect. When we had bad news, she would call me herself rather than letting the nurse call me. She also was the one to call us when we had good news as well. After my retrievals and transfer (done by Dr. Leo Doherty because of how the schedule fell), she called to check on me and see how I was doing. Also, after I was no longer a patient, I reached out to her about results on my first trimester screen to ask her opinion and she called me back the same day, and asked me to keep her updated. When I emailed her the results of my subsequent NIPT screening, she emailed me back the same day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Cote)
Patrice is actually a PA, not a nurse. I felt she was very responsive to my concerns, extremely patient with me (my anxiety got the best of me during this process and she would spend a long time on the phone with me answering my giant lists of questions). She was compassionate and intelligent and I trusted her as much as I trusted the doctors.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt Dr. Treiser was very candid and forthcoming, and worked with me to find the best way to treat both my infertility and manage my anxiety about the process. I trusted her and felt she absolutely knew what she was doing. I was very happy with her, although she was not my favorite doctor at the Somerset office.
She isn’t the warmest doctor at RMA but she does care, and she is extremely knowledgeable. Be honest about what you need from her and she will do her best to meet those needs and make your process easier.
My first cycle was a typical antagonist protocol because I have PCOS. They expected me to overproduce so they started me on lower doses. However, my body wasn’t responding in the way they had expected. I produced 19 eggs, 16 mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI, and only 2 survived to 6-day blast. Luckily both were PGS normal but Dr. Treiser encouraged us to let her try another cycle to see if we could get better results and bank more, higher quality embryos since we do want more than one child. Our insurance covers IVF and allows banking so we decided to do a second cycle. We did a Lupron down-regulation protocol the second time. Dr. Treiser felt she had learned about my body in the first cycle and that with the Lupron cycle, she could have more control over how my body would react. We retrieved 24 eggs, 21 mature, 19 fertilized, and 14 made it to day 6 blast. 11/14 were PGS normal. We were so happy we trusted her to do a second cycle. I am currently 18w5d pregnant with my first transfer of our best quality female.
Some days were busier than others with monitoring (Mondays and Fridays were busiest) but I learned the best times to go to avoid the rush, and I still felt like I was given enough time with the doctors. On weekends, we had to go a little further to the basking Ridge office because the Somerset office was closed, but the monitoring hours were longer on weekends at BR and I still felt like the wait wasn’t too bad.
My insurance covered IVF luckily, but PGS was out of pocket. We paid $2500 for up to 10 embryos, and then $125 per additional embryo (total $3250). We also had co-pays for visits and meds.
RMA strongly prefers eSET, frozen. Especially if you PGS test. I wasn’t given an option to transfer multiples, especially given my age and the fact that I have no miscarriage history. I’m happy with that decision as I am not sure I could handle twins.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Clinic is a well oiled machine. We went to Basking Ridge office where Dr. Hong is primarily situated. The waiting room is very elegantly adorned and comfortable...My assigned nurse was very compassionate. When she was in the office, she was very conscientious...[Monitoring Appointments] Extremely easy! 15 minutes in and out. Lab work was done first followed by monitoring appointments with Dr. Hong...We wanted to be sure this didn't occur with RMA and our nurse assured us she'd be available to receive photographs sent by us in an email attachment on our first day of monitoring. After we voiced our concerns, the entire staff responded accordingly
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinic is a well oiled machine. We went to Basking Ridge office where Dr. Hong is primarily situated. The waiting room is very elegantly adorned and comfortable. Although we did not get to enjoy it! We did not wait at all for our monitoring appointments. From start to finish, our appointments were 15 minutes long! It was quite remarkable how efficient the staff was as a whole. Always remembering detailed information about both of us. Very, very impressive. :-) The hospital room where I had my retrieval was quite sterile and impersonal. Only a bed sheet separated my partner and myself from other women who had their procedures at the same time.
Dr. Hong is an extremely dedicated and compassionate RE. I had a chemical pregnancy a week prior to the start of my IVF cycle. Dr. Hong actually called me to check in to make sure I was ok! She has understood that I prefer detailed responses to my questions and has adjusted her approach accordingly. Whenever I email Dr. Hong she responds within 24 hours.
My assigned nurse was very compassionate. When she was in the office, she was very conscientious. We were pretty upset when she didn't let us know she'd be out of the office during the beginning of my monitoring appointments. The quality of communication between nursing and my partner and myself is extremely important because we have been monitoring from a different state. We had a nearly canceled cycle at our last clinic because nursing staff and local monitoring clinic did not share vital information about my follicle numbers and growth. We wanted to be sure this didn't occur with RMA and our nurse assured us she'd be available to receive photographs sent by us in an email attachment on our first day of monitoring. After we voiced our concerns, the entire staff responded accordingly. Dr. Hong herself agreed to view the attachments--we had no problem communicating with her throughout our monitoring cycle.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong is a very knowledgable physician. She understood, based on my hormone levels and AFC count, that an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming would be best suited to me to obtain optimal results. We trusted her completely throughout this process.
Ask her as many questions as you need to! She will definitely respond thoroughly.
My partner and I had a terrible experience at our former clinic. We had 20 frozen eggs thawed---and only 30 percent of those eggs survived. In addition, at the former clinic I also underwent a retrieval and obtained 8 eggs. Out of 11 embryos (from the frozen eggs and fresh cycle), none grew to day 5! Dr. Hong explained that she strongly believed this poor result was due to lab error as well as poor trigger shot timing on behalf of my former RE, but she couldn't be 100 percent sure. Well, she was right! In this cycle we had 6 fertilized embryos and 4 grew to blastocyst stage and 3 were biopsied. We are currently waiting for those results. She doesn't guarantee any will be normal (based on my age), but she timed the trigger shot earlier in order to optimize quality. She also tweaked my medication protocol (raised dose of gonal f to 300 from 225 and raised dose of menopur from 75 to 150 as well as added omnitrope) in order to ensure embryos grew at a faster rate.
Extremely easy! 15 minutes in and out. Lab work was done first followed by monitoring appointments with Dr. Hong. We did see another RE for a monitoring appointment on one occasion. He was impersonal but very efficient and knowledgable.
20k out of pocket
She prefers eSET and I agree with her approach. We don't know if we'll have any normal embryos. But if we do, we will definitely only be transferring one at a time.

1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Samantha [nurse at RMA Morristown] was great. She called me every day when I went in with the results of the U/S and blood work. She was always available by phone and email to answer my questions...I monitored at a different RMA NJ location due to convenience. It's nice to have the option of monitoring somewhere closer to home yet still being followed by your doctor. However, sometimes there is a really long wait during monitoring hours. Could be 15 min to over an hour.
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing