Genetic counseling: Offered
West Orange
475 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-325-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?

2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Shefali Shastri] tends to talk fast and passionately. Make sure you come prepared with questions and take notes so you do not miss anything...has excellent bedside manner and always gave us personalized attention during our visits. She made us feel comfortable with the treatment, answered questions, and acknowledged us with a warm hello anytime she saw us waiting in the office in between appointments.
Underwent IUI cycle [at RMA of New Jersey]...[The nurse] can come across as too direct at times. Communication is timely, responsive to phone and email messages, and makes sure that questions are promptly answered...They have a quick and easy sign in process including biometrics. They have set time windows for routine testing appointments which is efficient. Weekend hours and a team to backup the primary doctor are available. Weekends tend to be busy so it is important to make sure you go early in the window to avoid waiting. The very first time we tried to get an appointment with RMA, we were given incorrect information about requiring a referral. This did cause us to waste a few weeks. However, they did apologize and address their staff training when we brought it to their attention. They usually have breakfast items available for their early morning appointments which is a nice touch. Also have info on support groups and offer a free therapy session which is helpful.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
We really like Dr. Shastri and highly recommend her. She is very knowledgeable and comfortable explaining the different treatment options and protocols available. We appreciate that while she is warm and approachable, Dr. Shastri is also direct and does not set unrealistically high expectations. She clearly explained the expected success rates and how they might relate to our particular situation. Her matter-of-fact approach and answers to our detailed questions worked well for us; however we understand that they may not be for everyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
She tends to talk fast and passionately. Make sure you come prepared with questions and take notes so you do not miss anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shefali M. Shastri has excellent bedside manner and always gave us personalized attention during our visits. She made us feel comfortable with the treatment, answered questions, and acknowledged us with a warm hello anytime she saw us waiting in the office in between appointments.
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Underwent IUI cycle. Protocol used was: (1) Day 3 baseline ultrasound and blood work (2) Daily Follistim / Gonal-F injection starting Day 3 (3) Day 7 ultrasound and blood work (4) Ovidrel trigger at night (5) Two consecutive days of IUI following Ovidrel trigger (6) Progesterone test 7 days after IUI, followed by progesterone suppository if needed (7) Pregnancy test blood work 14 days after IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lynette Cardona)
Can come across as too direct at times. Communication is timely, responsive to phone and email messages, and makes sure that questions are promptly answered.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA (both Basking Ridge and Springfield) locations are clean and organized. They have a quick and easy sign in process including biometrics. They have set time windows for routine testing appointments which is efficient. Weekend hours and a team to backup the primary doctor are available. Weekends tend to be busy so it is important to make sure you go early in the window to avoid waiting. The very first time we tried to get an appointment with RMA, we were given incorrect information about requiring a referral. This did cause us to waste a few weeks. However, they did apologize and address their staff training when we brought it to their attention. They usually have breakfast items available for their early morning appointments which is a nice touch. Also have info on support groups and offer a free therapy session which is helpful.
Describe Shefali Shastri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Not applicable
Shefali Shastri

2019 - 2020
Dr. Werner is very kind, knowledgeable and professional. She gave us all the options when we came to her for consultation. She answered all my questions and never rushed us into making any decisions. So far I have gone through one IUI and one egg retrieval with Dr. Werner and we have 5 embroys ready to be transfered!...suggested IVF with ICSI due to minor male factor. We had 26 eggs retrieved due to PCOS and 5 embroys after PGS. Currently we are waiting for the transfer...strongly advised eSET becuase multiple embroy transter will increase the risk for both baby and the mother which I agreed.
we have spent around $2500 for one IUI and $20000 for IVF stimulation and egg retrieval [at RMA of New Jersey]...whole organization is working pretty efficient and professional, the clinic is very nice and clean...I think maybe becuase there are so many patients so there is not much customization treatment for individual patient. Also I was quite surprised to find RMANJ does not have a patient portal...Maryellen [nurse] was good with communication and calling me with results and instructions. However she seems not comfortable with email communications which was my prefered way of communication.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
Be prepared for your consultation and ask a lot of questions, Dr. Werner will be very patient to answer them all.
Describe the protocols Marie Werner used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did one IUI, and then we went straight to IVF. Dr. Werner suggested IVF with ICSI due to minor male factor. We had 26 eggs retrieved due to PCOS and 5 embroys after PGS. Currently we are waiting for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Maryellen)
Maryellen was good with communication and calling me with results and instructions. However she seems not comfortable with email communications which was my prefered way of communication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMANJ is definately one of the best fertility clinics in the US, the whole organization is working pretty efficient and professional, the clinic is very nice and clean and most importantly their suceessful rate is one of the highest. However I think maybe becuase there are so many patients so there is not much customization treatment for individual patient. Also I was quite surprised to find RMANJ does not have a patient portal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Mornitoring experience was very good, I was able to in and out within 20 mins
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey.
Nothing was covered for fertility from my insurance and so far we have spent around $2500 for one IUI and $20000 for IVF stimulation and egg retrieval.
Describe Marie Werner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Werner strongly advised eSET becuase multiple embroy transter will increase the risk for both baby and the mother which I agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
There was one time I called my nurse for one of my bloodwork result, however there was no response. Also when I tried to email her, there was always delayed response.
Marie Werner

2020
Unexplained, Other
you will not likely see the same doctor twice in one cycle [at RMA of New Jersey]. It feels like a revolving door and you are on your own. No general information about what to do to have a successful cycle. Lack of explanation - they make you feel as if they don’t want to tell you much about what happened or they try to keep you in the dark - or they simply can’t answer you...It was supposed to be a different result from the first cycle. When the results seemed to be similar the week of the retrieval I asked if they’d suggest canceling the cycle and they did not agree and I felt their professional opinion would be better than mine. This cycle had worse results than the first.
2020
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Absolutely predatory, careless, checked out, cold, no compassion. A factory farm for IVF clinics. He said he would check in with my OBGYN and other doctors and he did not. Infect they were unable to be in touch with him too. - I understand fertility IQ only checks negative reviews. Which is very upsetting because I feel after this I’ve found other negative experiences with him from other sources. I wish that negative reviews were as welcomes as the positive reviews . I wouldn’t have waisted a round of IVF with them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
RUN
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
We originally had decided on RMA because of a specific doctor. Half way through or first failed cycle - when calling to let us know that no embryos made it - he also let us know he’d be leaving to start another clinic in Cali. Which was something everyone at RMA knew when we started our first cycle. They attempted to push us on to another doctor that I met with and felt very uncomfortable with and we had to insist on seeing Dr.Drews who was recommended to us as the “ best doctor at the clinic” - it was a battle to even have a choice in what doctor we saw after they roped us in. The first round I’d like to add was botched - medications were not ordered - lack of contact - only saw the first doctor three times from the entire cycle. He did nothing but read results from a paper. Doctor Drews acknowledged in our first meeting this mistakes that were made by the first doctor and assured us he’d give us a different protocol for the second round. During the second round it was nearly impossible to see Dr.Drews. He didn’t even call us to share our results that this round was not successful - our nurse did and told us if we wanted to know why we could schedule to see him. I called several times to get an appointment with him and was told I’d have to wait about a month to even speak with him. When we did get to see him he gave us absolutely no definitive answers - he blamed smoking ( Neither of us are smokers ) he said it could be from medications but absolutely not one answer as to why. He then proceeded to push doner eggs. We both stated that It’s not something we’d want to do. He continued to push and even said “ oh that’s what they all say I’m sure after a few years of trying unsuccessfully you’ll be back for the doner eggs”. I only saw/spoke doctor Drews twice during the entire cycle. Not available for questions, concerns, did not give any helpful information.
Describe the protocols Michael Drews used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
It was supposed to be a slow grow of my eggs. It was supposed to be a different result from the first cycle. When the results seemed to be similar the week of the retrieval I asked if they’d suggest canceling the cycle and they did not agree and I felt their professional opinion would be better than mine. This cycle had worse results than the first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Our nurse was not from dr.drews team - she was the only one who was helpful in the entire clinic )
The primary nurse Christine was the only reason we trusted to stay for a second round. She was helpful but it also felt that she didn’t have time. She seemed to be the only one working in the clinic. I feel that if she had less on her plate our cycles would have been more successful. The ordering of medication was incorrect both cycles. The first cycle we confirmed the list of medications we had and that it was correct before we started. The day before we learned that it was not correct and had to order a trigger shot. The entire cycle was almost lost due to their lack of care or time. I partially blame the stressed RMA directly caused me for my first failed round.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - they’re very good sales people and the look and cleanliness of the facility. Weakness - compassion, organization, doctors availability. The fact that you will not likely see the same doctor twice in one cycle. It feels like a revolving door and you are on your own. No general information about what to do to have a successful cycle. Lack of explanation - they make you feel as if they don’t want to tell you much about what happened or they try to keep you in the dark - or they simply can’t answer you.
The monitoring appointments were fine. The nursing staff and staff that took blood were lovely. The doctors for monitoring were different everyday. One being the one I felt very uncomfortable with. No consistency at all
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
Very expensive. Our cycles were covered by our Insurance however we had to pay a very large sum for our genetic testing. The day before we started our second cycle at about 2:30 in the afternoon we received a call from Jenna in finance telling me that we had no IVF coverage which was not true. We spoke with our insurance provider who also assured us our insurance was in place. My husband and I both had to leave our work early to spend over three hours on the phone with Jenna and our insurance yo convince them that we have coverage. The insurance agent even put us on a three way call to tell her we have been approved for the cycle. The insurance agent was even irritated by their issues. The mistake in the end was on their part. Surprise surprise. They tell you don’t be stressed and then tell you the day before a cycle you have no insurance. Absolutely incompetent.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Failed to order proper medication for both cycles. Both times we had emailed our nurse with a list of the medications we did receive and we’re told that we had everything when in fact we did not. For the first cycle results we had to hunt down our first doctor on his last day with the clinic to get our results that had been sitting on his desk for days. For the results of our second cycle doctor Drews couldn’t even take 5 minutes to call and share the results or what went wrong himself. Our nurse called us and gave us the news in a quick 3 minute call and told us to schedule with him.
Michael Drews
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Kaser is very patient and kind.l had a lot of questions for him and he was able to answer all of them during our appointment. He performed my saline sonogram and my initial consult sonogram. He walked me through the whole IVF process then circled back to my immediate next steps....IVF- saline sonogram to confirm presence of fibroids, scar tissue,etc. Sema4 genetic testing to confirm my partner and I are not carriers for the same diseases. Nutritional consult for healthy lifestyle. IVF egg retrieval medications
RMANJ has Lots of locations, caring and understanding staff, high live birth success rate. Would love if all locations had weekend hours, but we were able to make all of our appointments within reason. They are very open with information and data. The finance department is probably the weakest department, not as sensitive to the large sum of money, ask you to do a lot of calls to your own insurance.... Monitoring would be in the early morning hours
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Educate yourself too, while Dr Kaser will answer your questions, make sure you know all of your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kaser and my nurse have been so patient in answering all of my questions (which took an hour and a half before signing my consents) and keeping regular contact during my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
IVF- saline sonogram to confirm presence of fibroids, scar tissue,etc. Sema4 genetic testing to confirm my partner and I are not carriers for the same diseases. Nutritional consult for healthy lifestyle. IVF egg retrieval medications: Gonal F, lodose HCG, cetrotide. Pregnyl and lupron trigger. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature. PCOS treatment- blood test and sonogram, confirmed and prescribed me metformin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorochen)
Kim would call me and answer any email questions right away. There are several departments, one for meds, one for financial, etc. She wouldn't pass me around unnecessarily and helped me during med delivery, etc.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring would be in the early morning hours, everyone who arrives gets seen in the order they arrive. It was never a long wait. I needed to lay down for blood draw they always put me in a room for this. Some of the monitoring doctors would be a little rushed and not explain the measurements or calculations in the sonogram
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance covered most of my treatment. Embro cryopreservation and genetic testing were not covered ($5k). And probably another $1-2k for copays, medication, etc.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
RMA does single embryo transfer for younger patients who have not undergone a cycle before
Daniel Kaser
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.

2013 - 2019
9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Bergh has great bedside manner. He remembered me from my initial visits five years prior and offered great support as I decided between two paths to motherhood.... Dr. Bergh gave me hope for fertility preservation after cancer, even while being honest about my limited chances. He clearly explained each part of the process and what it meant for my future. He brought compassion and humor when my news wasn’t what I was hoping for and helped me navigate my next steps.
This [RMA of New Jersey] is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.... The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.... The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.
2013 - 2019
9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Arrive with questions and a notebook. He will advise you of what notes to take from your consultation so you can remember everything from your visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Paul Bergh used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I had to do two separate egg retrieval’s as my first med protocol did not stimulate me well enough. This was a challenge due to my low AMH and ovary recovering from cancer surgery. The second protocol produce three times more eggs and was much more successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alana)
Alana was such a comforting part of this whole process. She was quick to call with results and answer questions, always eager to help. She even called to check in months after my fertility preservation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.
My fertility preservation was largely covered by a grant for cancer patients.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.

Dr Bergh took the time to talk to me individually and explain the treatment process and why he was opting to do that process over others....Dr Bergh was very candid with me and told me "how it was". He didn't sidestep anything because it was uncomfortable, he just said it in a blunt yet respectful manner. After I had a bad reaction to the medicine the first round, he worked with me to figure out a plan and continues to do so afterwards.
The clinic [RMA of NJ] is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.... Jackie has been a god-send during this process. She has a very upbeat personality and is always willing to talk or answer any questions I may have.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't see him if you want someone to hold your hand, he will just tell you how it is and keep going.
I am on track to do 4 medicated IUI cycles and if they do not take, move forward with IVF. First IUI I was given 50mg Gonal-F and then was increased to 150mg with an Ovradrell trigger shot. After starting the Gonal-F, my migraines that I have had since a teenager were uncontrollable. Reaching out to Dr Bergh regarding this, he switched my medicine to Clomid, 50mg for the second cycle. If the 4 IUI's do not take, I will meet with him beforehand to discuss the treatment options for IVF due to the necessary medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.
unknown
Describe Paul Bergh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Basking Ridge

Dr. Fischer was extremely kind, answered all my questions, scheduled extra phone calls when I wanted to, and was also extremely positive even when we received what I thought was discouraging news. She pointed out reasons for hope and optimism and was encouraging the whole way.... We did the strongest protocol ("maxed out") due to my low AFC and AMH, which meant that I took hcg with Follistim 450. Then I took cetrotide for the trigger shot.
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.... My nurse was nice. The only problem was, she had a variable schedule and I was often having to be in contact with other nurses in order to figure things out. So there was a little confusion on who to contact when, but overall it was fine.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
I really liked Dr. Fischer as my doctor. She was warm, patient, reassuring, and supportive. The only question I had was whether her lack of experience was going to impact anything (she only recently started practicing). But in terms of bedside manner, she was wonderful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand the process and what to expect. Dr. Fischer is more than happy to answer all of your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandee)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.
The monitoring visits were quick and easy. For the most part, it did not feel like a "cattle call." The wait room is big, so it doesn't feel crowded, and they kept it moving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.
For embryo freezing, it was about $18,000 including ICSI and CCS. Then I paid another $4,000 for meds, but that turned out to be covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I was doing some of my monitoring visits at a different clinic, which was closer to my home. There were two mornings that I showed up and my orders were not in their system, which meant a lot of phone calls and waiting around to figure it out. One of those times I believe it was the other clinic's fault, but one time the nurse had forgotten to send them over.
Catha Fischer
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.

2014 - 2019
Anovulation, Male Factor
After a disappointing miscarriage, she was so reassuring and generous with her time. ... Dr. Hong changed my protocol to be more similar to what I did for my retrieval in 2014 which included follistim, ganirelix, and pregnyl, which thickened my lining enough for transfer. ... Dr. Hong is very bright and quick thinking, yet she also takes the time to get to know you personally. ...
The level of information and speed of procedures, scheduling, finance, etc. always amazed me. ... I saw a variety of doctors and nurses for morning monitoring, but after awhile of being there [RMA of New Jersey] you interact with the same people enough that it becomes comfortable. I had my favorite "blood girl" and the front desk receptionist knew my name without signing in. ...
2014 - 2019
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
During my first round at RMA (which was very straightforward and successful), I was treated by another doctor who has since left. However, Dr. Hong did my HSG and my retrieval, both of which I was incredibly nervous for. When I returned to RMA several years later for my second child, I requested to see Dr. Hong because of the compassion she showed me and the warmth and friendliness of her approach. Dr. Hong is very bright and quick thinking, yet she also takes the time to get to know you personally. After a disappointing miscarriage, she was so reassuring and generous with her time. She changed the approach and made sure to personally perform my transfer. The amount of times she went out of her way to connect with me and attend to my concerns was what made her stand out in my mind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Absolutely request to see Dr. Hong if you want a mix of warmth, knowledge, and accessibility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong without a doubt treated me like a human...and not just a human, but one she wanted to help and see happy. She always talked to me about my individual situation and not how it compared with anyone else's or any statistics. She took the time to call me outside of her work time and reassure me when I was feeling anxious and overwhelmed.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hong used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
In 2018 I went back to RMA to use my frozen embryos. We initially tried estrogen pills to build my lining, but that was unsuccessful. Dr. Hong changed my protocol to be more similar to what I did for my retrieval in 2014 which included follistim, ganirelix, and pregnyl, which thickened my lining enough for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Burke)
My nurse Danielle was just as valuable throughout this process as Dr. Hong - truly when you're at RMA you spend more time communicating directly with your nurse, so Danielle's role was huge. She called me frequently and quickly with results, updates, and sometimes even just a reassuring check-in. Danielle felt like my biggest cheerleader - someone who wanted to see me be successful. She helped me understand each new medication or protocol and was so incredibly patient with my many questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is amazing at what they do. Yes, it gets crowded (especially on weekends and holidays), but that's because they are the best. I saw a variety of doctors and nurses for morning monitoring, but after awhile of being there you interact with the same people enough that it becomes comfortable. I had my favorite "blood girl" and the front desk receptionist knew my name without signing in. The level of information and speed of procedures, scheduling, finance, etc. always amazed me.
As mentioned earlier, it does get crowded on weekends and holidays. The earlier you go within the window the better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.
I was very fortunate that my costs were almost entirely covered by insurance.
Describe Kathleen Hong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We were only ever interested in a single embryo transfer, so this worked well with Dr. Hong's and RMA's preferences.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.

Dr. Hong is very approachable and easy to talk with. She was very helpful in explaining everything and taking the time to answer our questions until we were satisfied. She comes across to me as very research/fact based and practical, which is why I think we immediately liked working with her. She has a lot of energy, but is also caring and sensitive. I appreciate the ability to be able to speak with her directly on the phone even in between appointments. Our treatment plan changed a few times and she proactively called me to explain the rationale behind each decision. She performed almost all of my monitoring visits and also performed my embryo transfer. I always felt in good hands, both clinically and compassion-wise.
When having ultrasound monitoring in Basking Ridge [RMA] on the weekends, I never knew which doctor I would be seeing and that experience was a bit too cold and 'assembly line' for me...I appreciate that they have a long line of patients to monitor each morning, but the doctors need to also appreciate that fertility patients aren't just a number. We need a little extra TLC at each interaction, after all we are having a probe stuck up our vagina (!!) and worried about every step of the way in trying have a baby. One doctor in particular - Ashley Tiegs (I believe she was a Fellow) - was very cold, literally in and out, blurting out some information, never even made eye contact with me. That was the one and only truly negative experience that I ever had at RMA.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask as many questions as you have until you are comfortable and fully understand your course of treatment. You will be well taken care of.
Dr. Hong has a really nice approach and 'bedside manner' - each interaction that we've had has been a reassuring experience. She's very detailed and takes time to explain everything and answer questions. She's highly approachable, kind, and responsive, even in between appointments. She called me directly when it was needed to explain any major change in my treatment plan.
When we first consulted with Dr. Hong, she reviewed several treatment strategies with us. We already had frozen embryos in storage from our first IVF cycle, but they were still at Boston IVF. We wanted to try for another child using only these frozen embryos (we were not interested in pursuing any further IVF cycles). She explained several available options, and ultimately we decided that we would ship our embryos to RMA NJ (the most expensive shipping of my life!!). We would then do an embryo thaw to perform CCS, in order to rule out any unviable embryos. Next the viable remaining embryos would be frozen again in preparation for FET. We also discussed option for knowing the sex. I would undergo a natural (unmedicated) cycle. I didn't even know that natural cycles were an option with FET! I was very happy about this. Although it required more monitoring leading up the time of ovulation (many 6am appointments!!), the bonus was that I didn't have to take any medications aside from the trigger shot and then progesterone (vaginal suppository). Only one injection! It was so much easier than my previous fresh IVF cycle. Right before our embryos shipped, Dr. Hong called me in a panic because she had just been discussing our case with the embryologist who realized in my medical records that our former IVF cycle was the result of conventional IVF, not ICSI. You cannot do CCS with conventional IVF embryos! We were initially very disappointed to hear this, but rebounded quickly and decided to pursue the FET cycle without any genetic testing, just letting nature take its course so to speak. Ultimately we got very lucky. The first natural cycle FET led to pregnancy, and our baby girl was born at 41 weeks on 11/30/2018.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Browning)
I only had one in person interaction with Dayna, the rest were all phone calls, but each one has been very positive. She is highly energetic, optimistic, and empathetic. She is very responsive and takes the time to explain each step and answer my questions. She has exceeded my expectations for nursing support at a clinic as huge as RMA NJ.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - Essentially it's a one stop shop for almost anything you need as part of your fertility treatment. I even had an outpatient surgery (hysteroscopy and polyp removal) under RMA and the care I experienced was excellent. I was very impressed with the high level of coordination between departments and the communication and responsiveness - everything from medical and nursing consultations to finance to embryology. It was a seamless experience for me as the patient, which is not always easy to come by! Weaknesses - I always had to drive to Basking Ridge for blood work/monitoring on the weekends. Also when having ultrasound monitoring in Basking Ridge on the weekends, I never knew which doctor I would be seeing and that experience was a bit too cold and 'assembly line' for me...I appreciate that they have a long line of patients to monitor each morning, but the doctors need to also appreciate that fertility patients aren't just a number. We need a little extra TLC at each interaction, after all we are having a probe stuck up our vagina (!!) and worried about every step of the way in trying have a baby. One doctor in particular - Ashley Tiegs (I believe she was a Fellow) - was very cold, literally in and out, blurting out some information, never even made eye contact with me. That was the one and only truly negative experience that I ever had at RMA.
We received financial counseling from the first consultation. The ballpark cost that we were originally expecting for thawing/refreezing/CCS testing of embryos (none of which would be covered by insurance) would be approx. $6550. In addition, we would be paying for the courier to move our embryos from Boston to NJ = approximately $800. The FET cycle itself was expected to cost $4,475 + upwards of $1600 for medication. My insurance would offset some of this cost.
Dr. Hong was very clear from the beginning that we would do a single embryo transfer. I didn't challenge it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
The only odd experience I had was (unfortunately) right at my first interaction, when I was seeking a new patient appointment. The coordinator that I spoke to on the phone walked me through a basic intake assessment. I explained that I already had embryos frozen from our first IVF cycle, and that these were stored in Boston. We were interested in moving the embryos and seeking consultation for FET here in NJ. The coordinator asked whether or not our IVF cycle had involved ICSI - and said something like if we had NOT performed ICSI, that we might not even be eligible at RMA to do FET. I asked her to elaborate, provide more explanation so that I could understand better. She then sort of skirted around it and said that we should just have the med records and embryology reports from Boston sent over so the doctor could review. That comment however nagged at me, and so I pressed for more information during our interim email exchanges (leading up to my first consultation with a RE). It was important for me to understand more about the ICSI relationship to FET, as I didn't want to waste my time seeing the RE if we couldn't use our already frozen embryos in storage. She never would answer me directly. In the end, I still don't know what that was all about nor how it would have been relevant. In my opinion, she should never have said anything at all along those lines, especially if she wasn't prepared to provide relevant, factual information!
Basking Ridge

Dr Morris made us feel like we were her only patients, it was always a very personal experience. When we first began the fertility process we were nervous and unsure what to expect, we chose Dr Morris because her RMA video was very relatable and we were not disappointed. While she is very direct and to the point she managed to do it in a way with such compassion.... We ended up doing injectables and IUI, Dr. Morris felt they would be the most effective for our situation and she was right.
The clinic [RMA of NJ] was awesome I have no negative things to say, the facility was beautiful the staff was always friendly and there hours were tremendously accommodating. We could get early appointments so our treatments never effected our work life.... Michelle was AMAZING! I have no other words but wonderful things to say about Michelle, she was compassionate, straight forward, and always on top of my medical care. I know she had a lot of others to deal with but I felt like I was her number one priority all the time.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Morris made us feel like we were her only patients, it was always a very personal experience. When we first began the fertility process we were nervous and unsure what to expect, we chose Dr Morris because her RMA video was very relatable and we were not disappointed. While she is very direct and to the point she managed to do it in a way with such compassion. Her staff was the same way, when we graduated from RMA back to our regular doctor I remember feeling a bit sad because we would miss dealing with her and her team. As we look to have our second we wouldn’t hesitate for a minute going back to RMA with Dr Morris
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Rely on her and her staff they are great and don’t loose hope!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris, Nurse Michelle and her staff were wonderful. We always understood the path for our treatment and her calm understanding and teams constant communication made a very intense process as stress free as possible.
Describe the protocols Jamie Morris used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We ended up doing injectables and IUI, Dr. Morris felt they would be the most effective for our situation and she was right. I really appreciated how she did not push IVF even after the first few IUIs didn’t work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Lowe)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was awesome I have no negative things to say, the facility was beautiful the staff was always friendly and there hours were tremendously accommodating. We could get early appointments so our treatments never effected our work life.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey.
My husband dealt with the financial aspect of the care. The billing department was easy to deal with from what I recall.
Jamie Morris
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Monitoring hours [RMA of NJ] are hella early (6-7:30am) but it was nice to get it out of the way so it didn't interfere with work. Blood work is fast, but waiting for an ultrasound sometimes takes awhile. Weekend waits are VERY VERY long since only one location is open. Bring a book, it could take over an hour.... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF with meds was about 18k+. IUI with injectible meds was 4k+... Bloodwork was back within 3 hours, and they called right away.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Kathleen Hong is one of the most professional and warmest doctors I have ever come across. Women coming to her are at some of the lowest points in there lives (I know I was), but she was comforting yet professional, clear without being cold or insensitive and encouraging without giving you false hope. I cried a few times during initial consults, but she slid tissues over and kept talking and reassuring us we would have our baby one day. I was so happy my tears wasn't made into a "thing". Three years later and I'm ready for baby #2. And I was SO nervous to do this all again. But after our first meeting I remembered how and why I got through it the first time. IT WAS HER. She is absolutely AMAZING.
Be open, honest and don't be nervous. You are in the BEST hands.
She was so nice. Listened to and answered all our questions. She remembered details about our life from appointment to appointment. She was pregnant herself while we were doing our treatments, and she didn't call attention to it at all, wore her lab coat to hide her bump. Didn't touch it. Was very respectful of all our feelings. I can't say enough about how warm she was.
She told us the likelyhood of getting pregnant with IUI (20% in our case), and let us make the choice to do that or jump to IVF. We chose IUI and Dr. Hong suggested 3 rounds only. She didn't want us to waste our time or money doing more, but felt 2 wasn't a fair amount to give it it work. IVF protocols used were standard for RMANJ. We got a beautiful baby girl after our first embryo transfer, so whatever the rationale was, I approve!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne Tepper)
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Bloodwork was back within 3 hours, and they called right away.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring hours are hella early (6-7:30am) but it was nice to get it out of the way so it didn't interfere with work. Blood work is fast, but waiting for an ultrasound sometimes takes awhile. Weekend waits are VERY VERY long since only one location is open. Bring a book, it could take over an hour.
Bloodwork was quick. Ultrasound waits took much longer.
IVF with meds was about 18k+. IUI with injectible meds was 4k+
Since this was my first embryo transfer, she strongly advised against a multiple embryos. The risk to mom and babies if both took wasn't one she wanted to put me in. I agreed. IF the first failed (and it didn't) my husband and I might have considered pushing for two the second round.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
We began treatment with Dr. Molinaro after several failed rounds of IUIs and IVF with another doctor. We were looking for someone who was going to be aggressive with our treatment and willing to take risks which Dr. Molinaro was. We really felt like he tailored our treatment plan to fit us and our needs. Dr. Molinaro pays attention to detail, is up-to-date on the latest research and procedures and takes each treatment step-by-step so as not to overwhelm you.
It [RMA of NJ] is a large operation and unfortunately this means that you don't see your doctor often. Coming from a smaller RE practice, this took some getting used to. I definitely had moments where the large scale practice was glaringly obvious. For example during monitoring I had one doctor, who hadn't reviewed my case or infertility history, see my ultrasound and comment that I was responding really well to stims and should be able to get my "whole family in the freezer."
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
We did not see him often during treatment, but he is just a phone call away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Molinaro takes the time to answer all of our questions. He calls to check up on us and in general his bedside manner is such that we feel he truly cares about us and is deeply committed to getting us to our goal.
Describe the protocols Thomas Molinaro used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
My treatment included gonal f and low dose hcg. It resulted in a successful egg collection with a large number of eggs retrieved. Unfortunately after our retrieval, we did not get the outcome we were hoping for, but meds were adjusted for the next round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
Our nurse is compassionate, organized and caring. She has been a good support during this time. While out of cycle I sometimes struggled getting a hold of her as her automatic out-of-office reply seems to begin in early afternoon. However, I don't remember this being an issue while in cycle; she was easy to get in touch with and correspondence was reciprocated quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is a large operation and unfortunately this means that you don't see your doctor often. Coming from a smaller RE practice, this took some getting used to. I definitely had moments where the large scale practice was glaringly obvious. For example during monitoring I had one doctor, who hadn't reviewed my case or infertility history, see my ultrasound and comment that I was responding really well to stims and should be able to get my "whole family in the freezer." I knew this would not be the case based on my egg quality issue and previous IVF rounds, but she obviously did not know my history or situation. If monitoring or embryo updates fell on a weekend, usually a nurse or doctor you did not know would call you with the news, and not the nurse or doctor you are most comfortable with. Situations like this sometimes made monitoring feel impersonal, although all the doctors and nurses I came into contact with were lovely. Despite the size of the practice, I usually did not wait long for monitoring and always felt like I could reach out to my nurse or doctor if I needed personal attention.
While it was definitely efficient, it did feel like an assembly line. However, aside from one long wait, I never waited more than 30 minutes for monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.
Everything was paid for out of pocket. With meds, IVF, PGS, we spent about $25,000 for one round. They do not offer IVF packages for multiple rounds for those paying out of pocket, or at least none were offered to us at the time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Minor issues occurred such as the wrong tests codes on outside lab slips, failure to call prescriptions and once a bizarre check-in situation where the receptionist thought I was someone else (despite the hand print ID technology) all the way through check-in until she tried to charge me a copay, which I don't pay for monitoring, and then we realized what happened.
Thomas Molinaro
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.

I never felt uncomfortable talking to Dr. Werner about any of my concerns. She never rushed us made us feel like we were "just a number" She took the time to explain our genetic disorder to us as well as the process of what we were about to embark on. I never felt as if i was "bothering" her asking numerous questions.... Somehow her calming voice has always put my nerves at ease even during difficult times.
Amazing, I feel like I talked to her [the nurse at RMA of New Jersey] all the time. She was very good at explaining this and I never waited to long for a phone call back...Morning monitoring during the week was very quick and simple, I was normally in and out within 20-30 minutes for bloodwork and ultrasound. Weekends can get very crowded because they are their only location in NJ that is open, but after the first time seeing how many people were there I just went first thing in the morning and was in and out.
How was your experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
I really like Dr. Werner, she has been a big part of our journey. I feel grateful that we had the opportunity to have her as our doctor. Somehow her calming voice has always put my nerves at ease even during difficult times.
Go for it! She was absolutely wonderful during this process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey?
After our initial consult ion with Dr. Werner my husband and I found out that we are carrier for the same gene disorder. We needed to have a probe created to be able to test our embryos. This process took a few months. Once we had our probe created, I went straight to stimulation medications on day 3 of my cycle.I was on 275 units of gonal- F and 10 units of low does HGC for 14 days. On day 9 I was instructed to also incorporate a vial of Ganerelix. Two days prior to my egg retrieval my estrogen level was over 9,000. I was instructed to just do a lupron trigger shot to avoid OHSS. They were able to retrieve 30 eggs, 18 were fertilized and 12 were frozen on day 7.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel )
Amazing, I feel like I talked to her all the time. She was very good at explaining this and I never waited to long for a phone call back.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are a huge team that works together to help you. They have many locations that you can go to for morning monitoring. I had an issue after my egg retrieval and my nurse wanted me to come in and get checked out, the doctor I saw that day was very thorough and gentle during the process. The one downfall is that on weekends all RMANJ patients have to come to the Basking Ridge location for morning monitoring which can get a little crowded.
We have a High Deductible plan as well as a $15,000 life time max for fertility. We also had to have a genetic probe created which was not covered by insurance. Total out of pocket $15,000
Marie Werner
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marie Werner at RMA of New Jersey.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I had my third failed transfer at the end of June to no avail. The day of the beta, she [Dr. Shastri] left me a voicemail almost in tears and then the following Monday, sat with me for an hour and a half to discuss next steps. She hasnt been successful getting me pregnant just yet, but I have the absolute faith that it is coming...She is a very fast talker, so if you dont understand something, speak up!
I've had several nurses throughout my journey [at RMA of New Jersey]. My first, Kathy Giordano, was amazing. I still keep in contact with her. I had another one transfer and then I asked to have a new nurse after she gave me incorrect details. My current nurse is also fabulous. She answers quickly and is always on top of things...Occasionally it was super swamped but for the most part I was in and out pretty quickly.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shastri (Mavani) has been my RE for the last two years. I've gone through three failed transfers after two hysteroscopies to get a fibroid and one laparascopy to remove my non functional tube. After going through all of the physical issues, we thought we were in the clear. Unfortunately, I had my third failed transfer at the end of June to no avail. The day of the beta, she left me a voicemail almost in tears and then the following Monday, sat with me for an hour and a half to discuss next steps. She hasnt been successful getting me pregnant just yet, but I have the absolute faith that it is coming.
She is a very fast talker, so if you dont understand something, speak up!
Dr. Shefali is the most caring, compassionate doctor I've ever had. I don't think I could've gone through these last two years with a different doctor.
For the first three transfers, I was on estrogen twice a day and then PIO injections until the transfer. After the fails, we went a different route for a mock transfer and used Follistim to try to get my lining thicker and then triggered with Ovidrel and then PIO shots. The mock was to test my lining with an ERA test to see if the transfers were on the correct day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Pierman)
I've had several nurses throughout my journey. My first, Kathy Giordano, was amazing. I still keep in contact with her. I had another one transfer and then I asked to have a new nurse after she gave me incorrect details. My current nurse is also fabulous. She answers quickly and is always on top of things.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA makes you feel like a human, not a number. They have always been extremely responsive. I do know they are a bit on the pricey side, but their success rates I suppose make up for it. IF you are unhappy with anything during your experience, speak up. This is your journey and if you are paying OOP for it, it's up to you to speak up. Do your research. Don't just go with the flow. Make sure you understand the protocols.
Having a location near me definitely helped. Occasionally it was super swamped but for the most part I was in and out pretty quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey.
I was covered by my insurance for my first 3 transfers. I will be doing another one soon and I was informed the cost would be $6k.
RMA will only do 1 embryo transfer I believe (with the exception of rare cases) on the first transfer. My lining wasnt thick enough to transfer two. I am hoping the next one the lining will get thicker and we can transfer two. Dr. Shastri is okay with this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
My 3rd nurse gave me incorrect info in the morning and then Dr. Shastri told me the correct info later in the day. She was not that responsive and didnt seem to care as much.
Shefali Shastri
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Hong is a very patient and sympathetic doctor. She always took the time to listen and answer my questions and concerns. I feel like I was always being heard and supported by her. When I didn’t get the results I was hoping for, she would aknowledge my struggles.... Make sure you take an escribe role as a patient and do your research. There may be some questions that you need to raise that the doctor may not raise
They [RMA of NJ] also work with out of town/state patients such as myself and accommodate my travel schedule. The weakness would be that maybe there should be some kind of thorough orientation at the beginning of our treatment to better understand the process. Also I think there should have been a better understanding to the fact that maybe these treatments might not work in order to have a more realistic expectation.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong took the time to listen to me. She also was very sympathetic.
I started with two retrievals and each on produced few eggs which did
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel and Michelle Cresci)
Both Adrienne and Michelle were responsive within one business day of emails and phone calls. They would seek answers to my questions through the doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has some of the best success rates around. This is the most important strength of the clinic. They also work with out of town/state patients such as myself and accommodate my travel schedule. The weakness would be that maybe there should be some kind of thorough orientation at the beginning of our treatment to better understand the process. Also I think there should have been a better understanding to the fact that maybe these treatments might not work in order to have a more realistic expectation.
I did my morning monitoring from another clinic since I lived out of state. The few times I did morning monitoring it seemed pretty organized. In the basking ridge location it was fine. From the smaller statelite locations it was very crowded and stressful experience. I really disliked the experience at the smaller offices
35k for retrievals 40k for donor eggs+ transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I was waiting on my pregnancy result (beta test result). This was a very stressful and anxious time. My nurse was out of the office that day but the nurse covering for her didn’t call me with my beta results. I had to track this info down on my own late at the end of the day.
Basking Ridge

Doctor [Hock] is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint...I started with 1 monitored intercourse cycle, 3 cycles of IUI and then went to IVF with success. Dr. Hock was willing to consider IVF without doing endless cycles of IVF. She recommended implantation of 1 embryo only to reduce the risk with multiples.
The center [RMA] is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started...My nurse and nursing staff are very friendly and understand the feeling involved in the process. They returned my calls quickly and was patient with any and all anxiety phone calls.
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Doctor is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint. I saw her for my first IVF pregnancy and live birth and chose her in a heartbeat to start next IVF cycke for baby #2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Stick with it! Don’t give up with negative pregnancy tests or losses. She and the entire practice will be with you to the end.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
My name is always remembered by all involved. I am always greeted warmly and family is asked about. Nurses follow up with me and make sure all is understood.
Describe the protocols Doreen Hock used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo & Patrice Cote )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The center is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started.
There is available monitoring 7 days a week. There is immediate notification to the lab team and ultrasound team when a patient arrives. The waiting room can be busy. A patient is usually sent first for labs and then returns to the waiting room to be called for the Ultrasound (if ordered for that day).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey.
Payment of deductibles or any outstanding balances must be paid in full before a cycle is started. The billing team is willing to work with a patient to create a payment plan but then a cycle cannot be started until it is completed. They are readily available to speak to and check your benefits.
Describe Doreen Hock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Hock feels very strongly for eSET to reduce the risk with multiples.
Doreen Hock
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey.

So far I am very comfortable with him [Dr. Molinaro] as my doctor. I feel positive about the situation. We crafted a plan that works with my budget and my life at the moment. While i have been told that I would likely do very well with ivf, finances are preventing me from going that route.... So far, one round of iui in process with clomid and ovidrel trigger. This is due to me having unexplained infertility and therefore was the recommended course of action the avoid the high oop costs of ivf.
The atmosphere in the office [RMA of New Jersey] is very calming and the staff makes it a top priority to make patients feel comfortable. The hours are great especially for working patients. Labs and procedures can be done in early mornings which is wonderful.... Jandra [nurse] is wonderful and has been my rock throughout this process thus far. She gets back to my questions quickly and has really provided a lot of support throughout this process as my first doctor had unexpectedly left the practice.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
So far I am very comfortable with him as my doctor. I feel positive about the situation. We crafted a plan that works with my budget and my life at the moment. While i have been told that I would likely do very well with ivf, finances are preventing me from going that route.
Be honest about your goals and expectations. Let him know how much or how little information you need.
I am still early in the process with Dr Molinaro but he performed my HSG testing and had a detailed consultation with me. He answered all of my questions in a detailed way and made sure I get comfortable with the path forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandra )
Jandra is wonderful and has been my rock throughout this process thus far. She gets back to my questions quickly and has really provided a lot of support throughout this process as my first doctor had unexpectedly left the practice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The atmosphere in the office is very calming and the staff makes it a top priority to make patients feel comfortable. The hours are great especially for working patients. Labs and procedures can be done in early mornings which is wonderful.
I had to pay copays for office visits. I had to pay for the meds for the iui out of pocket (clomid and ovidrel). My finance contact was able to submit the ultrasounds and blood work separately to my insurance carrier and they paid for that. I will have to pay for the iui procedures out of pocket by all in all, the process has been less costly than I anticipated so far.
Thomas Molinaro
Endometriosis, Other
He [Dr. Paul Bergh] did recommend I lose weight but was very professional about it. I also told him that I had problems with pelvic floor disorder and these tests were tough for me. He was very professional about that as well. Never may me feel diminished in any way as a patient because of it. Allowed me to get the hysteroscopy done at the hospital under anesthesia...he was candid but professional. He was very thorough but also very invested in getting me pregnant. He discovered that I had Celiac Disease which was a piece of the puzzle no other doctor had found out about me. I enjoyed working with him.
The billing department [at RMA of New Jersey] was thorough in going through a screen process where they evaluated what your health insurance covered. However they have an outrageous admin fee for donor embryo...The nurse assigned to me was very organized and you can do your lab work right on site. The monitoring is done early in the morning one day a week. I will say if you need medical records from them or sent to them leave a long time to do so. Dealing with the medical records department can take a long time. This is a large facility and it can feel as though they are a well oiled machine. I would warn people who are overweight to address that issue before attending this facility. A friend of mine's wife attended this facility with PCOS and they called her obese. PCOS however contributes to obesity from what I understand. The one area I do no care for in this place is the billing department. Before you can go in for your appointment you have to sit down with the billing department. Is this is your first round with infertillity and your husband is anything like my husband, sitting down to talk about money before your appointment seems a little obscene. Shouldn't we be talking about cost after you recommend a course of treatment? Also we were lucky to be covered by the NJ mandated IVF coverage at the time. However, they told me to be a part of the embryo donor program (using anonymous embryos) you have to pay $5,000 that is not covered by the insurance. At other facilities out of state this is the cost of a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. Why so much? Isn't charging for embryos illegal in New Jersey? Someone should look into this. This bill was not itemized either. They didn't tell me what the actual reason for asking us for $5,000 were. The embryos were already made and stored. All they were doing was matching us with available donor embryo. We left for this reason because I was thoroughly annoyed by that amount and told it was because in New Jersey they charge crazy administration fees for donor embryo programs.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
I liked Dr. Bergh he was candid but professional. He was very thorough but also very invested in getting me pregnant. He discovered that I had Celiac Disease which was a piece of the puzzle no other doctor had found out about me. I enjoyed working with him.
He does tell you what his honest opinion is about your diagnosis and I value that. However I could see patients having a hard time with him if they wanted to go on a wing and a prayer and try with their own eggs with a very likely unsuccesful outcome.
Even though this is a big busy practice you do get to see Dr. Bergh and he was very candid and frank at the consultation. He told me right away that my best luck to get pregnant would be a egg donor or embryo donor. He did recommend I lose weight but was very professional about it. I also told him that I had problems with pelvic floor disorder and these tests were tough for me. He was very professional about that as well. Never may me feel diminished in any way as a patient because of it. Allowed me to get the hysteroscopy done at the hospital under anesthesia.
I didn't get very far into the protocol and my protocol was different because we were using donor embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I can not remeber the name of the my primary nurse but she was great ! The patient portal made it easy to upload records and if she needed something she got back to right away.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I liked Dr. Paul Bergh. The nurse assigned to me was very organized and you can do your lab work right on site. The monitoring is done early in the morning one day a week. I will say if you need medical records from them or sent to them leave a long time to do so. Dealing with the medical records department can take a long time. This is a large facility and it can feel as though they are a well oiled machine. I would warn people who are overweight to address that issue before attending this facility. A friend of mine's wife attended this facility with PCOS and they called her obese. PCOS however contributes to obesity from what I understand. The one area I do no care for in this place is the billing department. Before you can go in for your appointment you have to sit down with the billing department. Is this is your first round with infertillity and your husband is anything like my husband, sitting down to talk about money before your appointment seems a little obscene. Shouldn't we be talking about cost after you recommend a course of treatment? Also we were lucky to be covered by the NJ mandated IVF coverage at the time. However, they told me to be a part of the embryo donor program (using anonymous embryos) you have to pay $5,000 that is not covered by the insurance. At other facilities out of state this is the cost of a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. Why so much? Isn't charging for embryos illegal in New Jersey? Someone should look into this. This bill was not itemized either. They didn't tell me what the actual reason for asking us for $5,000 were. The embryos were already made and stored. All they were doing was matching us with available donor embryo. We left for this reason because I was thoroughly annoyed by that amount and told it was because in New Jersey they charge crazy administration fees for donor embryo programs.
Please see my previous commens about the billing department for more detail. The billing department was thorough in going through a screen process where they evaluated what your health insurance covered. However they have an outrageous admin fee for donor embryo.
I think they only trasnfer one embryo at a time.
Basking Ridge

While I only had a few appointments in which I formally sat down to speak with Dr. Jurema, it was always clear he had carefully reviewed my files and was familiar with the details of my diagnosis and care. Through calls and appointments, he made time to answer any questions I had. Throughout multiple procedures he was always optimistic, yet realistic - giving me as clear a picture as possible of what I could expect without trying to oversell anything. I also appreciated Dr. Jurema's approach to monitoring visits - entering the room slowly (vs. barging in), taking the time to ask how I was feeling, etc.
I felt like everything about my care was state-of-the-art, best-in-class, and holistic. Even though it's a large practice, I think they [RMA of NJ] go through a lot of effort to consider the patient experience, though I think there are small things they could improve in this regard - like providing more info on your full care team (either on the website or as a packet of info when you first start care), streamlining the educational resources they provide, and/or creating a phone system that's a bit easier to navigate.
How was your experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Jurema is friendly and compassionate. During monitoring meetings he always started by asking how I was feeling, which I appreciated. He's very straightforward - I found his descriptions of what we could expect from various procedures to be detailed and realistic, while also optimistic. It never seemed like he was trying to push me toward a particular procedure. I very much felt like I played a role in my care and was able to get all my questions answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Let him know what questions and concerns you have. He is always happy to respond and provide more info.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Marcus Jurema used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We started with two IUI cycles, mostly because that was all my insurance would cover at the time. With a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve (my AMH level was 0.82), we thought it was worth trying, but we knew the odds of success were low. Both times I was prescribed 75mL of Gonal F per day. The first time I continued the Gonal F shots for 7 days; the second time for 8 days before taking a 750 mcg/0.5mL syringe of Ovidrel as my trigger shot. I was also taking 600mg per day of CoQ10 (a supplement) during both cycles. Dr. Jurema was willing to try another IUI cycle, but my insurance had changed to provide some coverage for IVF, so we decided to move on. During my egg retrieval cycle I took Alyacen birth control pills for 8 days leading up to the cycle, then I took 300 units of Follistim and 75 unit vials of Menopur for 10 days along with 250 mcg/0.5mL syringes of Ganirelix for the last 6 days. I used two Lupron trigger shots at the end. My egg retrieval took place 2 days later resulting in 22 eggs of which 18 were mature. From there we were able to get 12 embryos, which were fertilized via ICSI, and 8 made it on to Day 5 blastocysts. We froze and genetically tested all 8 of those embyros and found 5 were normal, 1 was abnormal, and 1 was unclear. During my whole retrieval cycle I had about 8 monitoring visits. I'm currently in the middle of my transfer cycle and haven't started medications yet, but we plan to transfer 1 of the normal embryos. We transferred one embryo. During my transfer cycle I took 2mg of Estrace (2-3 times per day) for three weeks before the transfer and then five weeks after. I also injected 1 - 1.5 mL of progesterone in oil daily for a week before the transfer and five weeks after. And I used Metronidazole the day before transfer and Endometrin 100mg inserts around weeks 5-8 of my pregnancy. In total I had about 8 monitoring visits leading up to the transfer and through week 8 of my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lynette)
Lynette was always on top of things - sending me detailed descriptions of care plans and medication plans and responding to my questions quickly and thoroughly. Overall I've found her to be extremely considerate, caring, and professional. The only downsides of the nursing care at RMA are 1) Lynette was my third nurse in about a 6 month time period, which made my experience feel a bit disjointed; 2) I'm not sure if this is more about RMA or individual nurses, but I don't think there's much of an effort to figure out patient's preferred communication styles, e.g. email, phone, time of day, etc. I found I was always missing phone messages and had to follow up via email and some of that could have been resolved if the info was emailed to me from the start or calls weren't always placed during my morning commute :)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a huge practice (and let's be honest, it's a big business, too) - you'll definitely sit in waiting rooms with dozens of other couples and realize you're one of a few thousand patients they see every year. That said, the size of the practice gave me lots of confidence that each procedure I underwent would follow best practices. I also felt confident that even if my primary doctor did not perform every procedure, I was in the hands of another highly qualified doctor. I was consistently impressed by the quality of care of nursing, reception, counseling, and financial support staff across multiple offices. And last but certainly not least, I'm impressed by everything I've learned about the quality of RMA's lab and the research that comes out of the practice. I felt like everything about my care was state-of-the-art, best-in-class, and holistic. Even though it's a large practice, I think they go through a lot of effort to consider the patient experience, though I think there are small things they could improve in this regard - like providing more info on your full care team (either on the website or as a packet of info when you first start care), streamlining the educational resources they provide, and/or creating a phone system that's a bit easier to navigate.
I mostly did my monitoring at the Springfield office of RMA. I found the team there to be incredibly efficient. There were one or two instances in which things seemed to be running behind, but for the most part I was in and out with blood work and ultrasound within 15-20 minutes. The team was always kind and professional. The hours were early enough that I could get in and still make my regular commute to work. Occasionally I had to go to the Basking Ridge office during holidays or on weekends and it was often a different story. My monitoring appointments there sometimes took 1-1.5 hours, but I appreciated that I had a weekend option that wasn't much farther than my regular office, and that the monitoring hours were longer at that office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.
Initially my insurance fully covered IUI but not IVF, so for my two IUI cycles I paid about $650 for initial diagnostic blood work, an HSG, and co-pays for two visits and medications. All my monitoring visits and the IUI procedure itself were fully covered. For my IVF cycle I had a $10,000 lifetime maximum. Total costs from RMA for the cycle were: $7,977 for the egg retrieval procedure; $1,963 for ICSI; $700 for anesthesia; $1,000 for embryo freezing for up to one year; $1,700 for embryo biopsy; $2,500 for genetic testing; and $4,475 for the embryo transfer. So I paid about $10,315 out of pocket for those expenses. I also paid about $5,500 out of pocket for medications for both the egg retrieval and transfer cycles. And I paid about $400 in co-pays for monitoring visits during both cycles. I ended up receiving a $4,300 reimbursement from RMA and about $5,000 in reimbursements for medications from my insurance company, so total out of pocket costs were ~$7,000.
Describe Marcus Jurema's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
My doctor suggested single embryo transfer, and from what I had read I strongly agreed with this approach. We weighed the risks of multiple pregnancies with the costs of performing procedures (ICSI, embryo freezing, genetic testing) that would help us ensure our single embryo was genetically normal. Ultimately we decided the costs were worth the benefits of an increased likelihood of a normal embryo and healthy pregnancy.
Marcus Jurema
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.

Every meeting, every email, every phone call Dr. Hong took time to explain the ins and outs of what was going on and what next steps would look like. She made time whenever I was freaking out and never made excuses for not responding while also making every effort to calm my nerves. She was flexible and easy to talk throughout all three of my cycles (and other treatment procedures)...Dr. Hong reassured me I had made the best decision possible.
Huge practice [RMA] which has everything needed for a successful cycle at their fingertips. My husband felt comfortable with them when it came to anything sperm related and I felt comfortable with all practitioners I encountered as well. In the morning for monitoring hours it does get a little busy closer to the end and they do their best to push everyone through in a timely matter while also spending the appropriate time to explain ultrasound findings.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
I had no clue what to expect going to RMA and the first meeting with Dr. Hong reassured me I had made the best decision possible. She explained the process, what was required, where potential hiccups could happen and of course how the entire RMA staff is there to hand hold my husband and I through everything. I miscarriaged twice - one at 11 weeks when I had already been cleared by RMA - and I can remember our first conversation about restarting and how sympathetic she was to me - I felt like I was her best friend and she was doing everything in her power to support me. The second time I saw the same thing and the promise that we would keep going. She explained how if we tested the embryos it may net a better result - so I did it - without hesitating about the cost - because I 100% trusted her opinion. After our third transfer, which Dr. Hong made sure she was there for to do v. anyone else, I waited to hear the test results. March 7, 2017 @ 7:59a I received a voicemail from Dr. Hong telling me the news. I have yet to delete that voicemail because her positivity, excitement and friendliness still makes me feel warm inside. She stuck with us through so much bad and on November 16, 2017 we received so much good with the birth of our first child. She kept me grounded and upbeat and I owe her everything for our daughter. Looking forward to working with her through the next pregnancy - wouldn't want it any other way.
Do not hesitate to express any concerns or hesitations - she will be honest with you and give you the best recommendation based on a personalized plan. Don't hold back saying something you think may sound silly - it's all important - this is your family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen Dwyer)
Quickly responded to every call/email with kindness. There were definitely times that I was hot headed and she calmed me down with a thorough and detailed response.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Huge practice which has everything needed for a successful cycle at their fingertips. My husband felt comfortable with them when it came to anything sperm related and I felt comfortable with all practitioners I encountered as well. In the morning for monitoring hours it does get a little busy closer to the end and they do their best to push everyone through in a timely matter while also spending the appropriate time to explain ultrasound findings. In a very sensitive and taboo procedure like fertility treatment, they make you feel human.
We received a complete itemized sheets from PGS testing, injectables and medications, processes and co-pays. They went through our insurance info with us and weeded through everything we'd have to pay out of pocket. I am lucky with my husband's insurance that we were basically covered so I don't remember the detailed $s.
Dr. Hong and the rest of the RMA crew definitely have the mentality of one happy baby at a time. While she respected my desire for transferring two embryos, she absolutely vocalized that she would prefer one at a time.
Basking Ridge

She [Dr. Kathleen Hong] decided to hold off on doing a big workup on me, after all the testing I had already been through, because we are OOP and the course of treatment/testing would be completely different for IVF/ICSI or IUI with donor sperm or foster-adopt. If we are able to find sperm to freeze, we will evaluate me and proceed with a freeze-all cycle with ICSI and PGS. Since we would like to transfer all normal embryos, she definitely recommended the PGS so that we don't have the cost and heartache of unnecessary losses, and FET to give my body a break in between ER/transfer cycles. As far as waiting after a successful pregnancy to do each subsequent transfer, she explained that the wait can be a little longer after C-section vs. vaginal delivery, to prevent uterine rupture.
It is a very big place with a large staff, but they also take the time to communicate so well! If you have a question or a concern, and your nurse or care team member does not answer, you really can just leave a message and they will respond quickly. They understand how much their patients have riding on their testing and treatment and are all very compassionate to your need to get the information promptly and ease your mind. My husband maybe felt a bit intimidated walking into the facility, but the waiting area is expansive, beautiful, well-decorated, and that somehow made me feel more at home, despite how nerve-wracking facing treatment can be.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
She is very knowledgeable and also sensitive to our individual wishes as a couple throughout this process. Dr. Hong helped me understand our course of treatment and what our next steps will be. I feel confident that we are in good hands.
Ask all the questions! She is a wealth of information, but she can also explain things in a clear, concise, need-to-know basis. She will tell you as much or as little as you care to know about every step of the way.
She listened to everything I had to say and she said it really helped her to fill in the kind of gaps you get from just reading the files, of the patients' actual personal experience along the way. I felt like she really heard the agonizing journey we have already been through and acknowledged how difficult it has been. She made a decision how best to proceed in our individual case with our best interests in mind.
We are waiting to move forward until we find out if we are able to retrieve my husband's sperm through MESA or TESE. She said to call her the very next day and let her know so we can proceed! She decided to hold off on doing a big workup on me, after all the testing I had already been through, because we are OOP and the course of treatment/testing would be completely different for IVF/ICSI or IUI with donor sperm or foster-adopt. If we are able to find sperm to freeze, we will evaluate me and proceed with a freeze-all cycle with ICSI and PGS. Since we would like to transfer all normal embryos, she definitely recommended the PGS so that we don't have the cost and heartache of unnecessary losses, and FET to give my body a break in between ER/transfer cycles. As far as waiting after a successful pregnancy to do each subsequent transfer, she explained that the wait can be a little longer after C-section vs. vaginal delivery, to prevent uterine rupture.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle O)
Michelle O is very positive and kind. I felt so hopeful about our treatment when I was talking with her. She helped me understand what would be involved in my evaluation and where we could go for various aspects of the tests, preferred labs etc.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My initial consult with testing will be $450. I was given a complete breakdown including an estimate for retrieval $11,275, plus meds $5k+, anesthesia $600-1200, biopsy $1,700, PGS up to ten $2500, FET cycle approximately $5k.

Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Drews is a compassionate and honest doctor. He does not candy coat but he has a way with sharing information that leaves you feeling as if you are of personal importance to him. He provides relevant information in a professional yet compassionate way...He has humanized me in every way during this painful process ...he is personally reviewing each and every one of your scans and would treats each patient as if it was his own daughter.
The monitoring appointments [at RMA-Basking Ridge] are NOT my favorite. However I have found that there are better monitoring offices than others. After much frustration, I realized that it was better for me emotionally if I drove to the headquarters (40 min drive) as opposed to the office that was more geographic convenient (15 min drive). That literally made ALL the difference...My nurse Michelle is INCREDIBLE. She is the true lifeline through this painful and emotional process.
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
To trust that he is personally reviewing each and every one of your scans and would treats each patient as if it was his own daughter. You can feel it.
Dr drews is a very compassionate doctor. He has humanized me in every way during this painful process and though I have not ended up pregnant yet I feel he is personally committed to me
I have had 1 egg retrieval and 6 IVF cycles: IVF cycle 1- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer 1 D&C IVF cycle 2- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer, benadryl 3 x day 1 D&C 1 Uterian biopsy IVF cycle 3- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer, benadryl 3 x day 1 shot methotrexate IVF cycle 4- 5 day double FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer IVF cycle 5 5 day double FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 6 days before transfer 1 Hysteroscopy IVF cycle 6 - 5 day single FET, NATURAL cycle , endometrin 3 x day
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliviera )
My nurse Michelle is INCREDIBLE. She is the true lifeline through this painful and emotional process. She handles herself professionally, but she also has displayed a great deal of compassion to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has been described as a baby factory, but I think I have been in their care for so long (18 months) that they are like family to me. I think selecting your doctor and nursing team is the best approach so do your homework beforehand as to what doctor you would like to care for you. Even if it means waiting 4 months for an appointment, it is so worth it.
The monitoring appointments are NOT my favorite. However I have found that there are better monitoring offices than others. After much frustration, I realized that it was better for me emotionally if I drove to the headquarters (40 min drive) as opposed to the office that was more geographic convenient (15 min drive). That literally made ALL the difference.
I am VERY lucky. My insurance has covered every single IVF bill except for the genetic testing of my embryo's, which was $5,000 out of pocket (plus my deductible of course). We decided to do a 2nd screening of my embryo's to take advantage of next generation technology and RMA comped this test - free of charge!
Describe Michael Drews's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Drews opinion was that if I wanted 2 babies to put in 2 embryos. It was the recommendation of Maternal Fetal Medicine dr. to start to put 2 in to net 1.
Michael Drews

2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Kim is very patient, during our first consult, he took time to understand our prior failure with another clinic and the protocol that we followed. He was very honest and forthcoming in answering all our questions/concerns. After our first consult, I had complete faith in his approach and treatment protocol for us...We used the long lupron protocol, stimmed for 8 days, resulting in 11 eggs, 8 fertilized with ICSI, and we had 2 day 6 blastocysts. We elected to do PGS, which resulted in a single normal embryo.
[RMA New Jersey] Strengths: - Excellent team of doctors and nurses. Every single doctor I met was extremely efficient and also friendly. - Excellent embryology lab, this is a critical factor in their success rates. - Short wait times for monitoring, I was in and out in about 15-30 minutes...Nicole was my primary point of contact throughout my treatment (IVF/FET) cycles. She would call me back with results, instructions and next steps in a timely manner. On days when she was out of office, the person covering would always reach out in a timely manner as well. She promptly responded to all my phone calls and emails.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kim and entire staff of RMA treated me with empathy, kindness and excellent attention to detail. I was never made to feel like another statistic/number, I believe my doctor and nurse sincerely cared for the outcome of my treatment.
Describe the protocols Thomas Kim used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Michaels)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring was very efficient. I went to Basking ridge location for most of my monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey.
I had excellent insurance coverage, which covered most of treatment cost. I was responsible for co-pays, deductible, co-insurances.
Thomas Kim
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey.

2010 - 2017
Dr. Bergh is very knowledgeable and willing to meet with me whenever needed. He always evaluates my progress and makes my treatment decisions. He is easy to discuss things with...Dr. Bergh and my nurse, Michelle have always given me the time and attention I need. Answer my questions and meet with me to discuss options...I had my son on my 2nd IUI using chlomid. I tried 14 more IUIs, first with chlomid, then with injectibles for Baby #2. Now I am in my 2nd IVF cycle with injectibles.
At times it is busy but it is very well run and moves very quickly. The hours are great because you can go in early before your day normally starts so it doesn't interfere with anything...Great clinic with latest technology. It is big with a high volume but I would rather deal with crowds somewhere where I am confident I am getting treated by the best doctors and nurses than in a smaller place with substandard care. RMA is the best!...Nurse Michelle was trained by Nurse Danielle and it shows. Michelle is a wonderful nurse that I trust completely. She is very knowledgeable and always answers my questions. I am so very lucky to have her.
2010 - 2017
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh is very knowledgeable and willing to meet with me whenever needed. He always evaluates my progress and makes my treatment decisions. He is easy to discuss things with and I feel very comfortable that getting treated by him gives me the best chance for Baby #2.
Always ask questions and understand the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliveira)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My treatments were covered by insurance. For the IUIs I paid a co-pay for each office visit and for the treatments. For IVF, I paid a per cycle one-time co-pay and took out a personal loan for costs not covered by insurance.
My doctor prefers single embryo transfer but would discuss multiple if I am lucky enough to have multiple embryos to transfer. At this point, I will be happy with 1.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I saw dr scott only once. I scheduled phone calls though and those calls happened on time and as expected. he had plenty of time for talk and always called in a quiet place with availability to chat. I never felt like he rushed me. he talked to me in a respectful manner quoting stats so I could easily understand them...always very kind, but gave information readily. my questions and concerns were always handles with dignity and respect
I found rmanj to be very good at what they do. the billing team, the nursing staff and all the misc clinicians were friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable. the basking ridge location is beautiful, though in the middle of nowhere!...I loved working with [nurse] mary ellen. I hated always having to leave a message and wait for a call back but, her VM always stated her working hours and when to exect a call back. the call backs always came the same day although at times it was frustrating to wait for the calls. mary ellen is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. there was nothing I could ask her or tell her
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
to clearly hear him, ask pertinent questions and rely on what he says. my results were exactly what he predicted them to be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Richard Scott used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
we did 2 cycles together. they consisted of follistim and menopur. I was against the use of BC and dr scott allowed me not to use it
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: mary ellen)
I loved working with mary ellen. I hated always having to leave a message and wait for a call back but, her VM always stated her working hours and when to exect a call back. the call backs always came the same day although at times it was frustrating to wait for the calls. mary ellen is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. there was nothing I could ask her or tell her
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I was monitored at RMANY for my cycle at RMANJ so cannot describe this experience at NJ
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey.
I recall it was more expensive then treatment in NY
Describe Richard Scott's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
dr scott firmly believes in a SET. he states the goal is to bring a healthy child home from the hospital. not 2 or 3 or 6. however, he can be persuaded under certain conditions to alter his approach.
Richard Scott
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey.