Michael Bohrer

609-799-5666
636 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078
973-258-4081

she [Dr. Micheline Chu] was very detached from my care. I didn't feel she was creative and curtailing therapy specifically to me...I fell into one bucket and was prescribed the meds for that bucket. She didn't take genuine interest in me as an individual and curtailing therapy to me specifically. I was a number. I felt a little bit of care after a few failed cycles but I honestly don't know if it was "me" as an individual that she cared about or that she was disappointed she wasn't successful in her care...I pushed for different medications and I had much better success than the first. The second cycle I was on a microflare protocol and the third on a microflare protocol with clomid. I had the best cycle with the third.
Office visits [at RMA of New Jersey] are fast and efficient. They deal with such high volume that they have pretty good processes in place for funneling patients through on a daily basis. Weaknesses - You're a number. Neither physicians nor nursing staff will take genuine interest in you as an individual. That means your care protocol will come from one of a few predesignated buckets, unless you push for more. You will NEVER have access to your doctor directly. You will always have to speak to a nurse or set an appointment if you have a concern that you would like to speak to your doctor about. If you want someone to actually care about you as an individual this is likely not the clinic to go to.
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
The very short answer is Dr. Chu is smart and friendly, IF and when you get to speak with her. But don't count on the warm and fuzzies or feeling like someone cares about you. She has great schooling and credentials. I didn't feel a sincere concern from her. I don't want to be mean but she was very detached from my care. I didn't feel she was creative and curtailing therapy specifically to me. I felt RMANJ had therapy protocols and I fell into one bucket and was prescribed the meds for that bucket. She didn't take genuine interest in me as an individual and curtailing therapy to me specifically. I was a number. I felt a little bit of care after a few failed cycles but I honestly don't know if it was "me" as an individual that she cared about or that she was disappointed she wasn't successful in her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Challenge her. Do your research and be your own advocate. Ask her for different treatment options and her opinion on them. She won't think outside the box for your care so you have to seek it yourself and maybe she will agree on your thoughts and implement it. Set appointments and have her speak with you. Schedule the time otherwise she will be in a rush to get off the phone. I can't stress enough to ask questions and be your own advocate for creative care and testing otherwise you will fall into a protocol bucket and be successful or not.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt like a number at RMANJ for the following reasons: 1. The first nurse I was assigned would literally sigh when answering my calls and on several occasions missed critical points in my care necessitating me to call and follow up. 2. Having had such a bad experience with the nurse I asked the doctor for her email. I was trying to improve the impersonal experience I was having with a grumpy nurse. Dr. Chu would never provide me her email let alone phone number. I had NO avenue to ever contact my doctor directly. All questions about my care had to go through a third party (nurse) who could care less about my care. I was one of the 200 patients she was dealing with at one time. 3. Of the three calls I received with my pregnancy test results NOT A SINGLE ONE was from my dedicated nurse. The calls always came from a complete stranger. 4. Nurses got changed mid-cycle without my opinion or consultation. I had three cycles and roughly six to seven nurses over that time. Most nurses at least let me know they were changing. One got promoted and never told me. I got a call from a random nurse the next day telling me she is my new nurse when I never even know I lost my last one. IVF is a trying time and a lot of details are involved in your care. When patients are thrown around like a hot potato I think it's easy to miss key details; not to mention theres ZERO relationship made and you're literally a number.
Describe the protocols Micheline Chu used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
My first protocol I don't remember the name of but I will say that I did not get a whole lot of big follicles. Rather than cancel the protocol I was pushed through. Knowing what I know now I think that round should have been cancelled. We could have cancelled and tried again with another round of medications to see if the follicles would have come out bigger. I didn't and the cycle was a bit of a dud. The following two retrievals I pushed for different medications and I had much better success than the first. The second cycle I was on a microflare protocol and the third on a microflare protocol with clomid. I had the best cycle with the third.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Blair)
I don't remember all the "primary" nurses assigned to me throughout the course of my three retrieval cycles but here are the ones I dealth with most. 1. Blair - No longer with RMANJ - Atrocious, She would sigh when I called and lacked an sort of compassion whatsoever. This was impactful as it was my first cycle ever. She was also disorganized and missed key details in my care. 2. Josephine Z. - The best nurse I had in my entire experience at RMANJ. Kind, compassionate, friendly, smart and organized, She got pregnant and was out for a portion of my care but was excellent. 3. Merry D. - Smart, well versed in infertility experienced. I was disappointed when she got promoted and didn't take 30 seconds to email me that she would no longer be my nurse. I found that unprofessional. 4. So uninvolved I don't even remember her name. 5. Nicole B. - Friendly but unattached and didn't really care about my care. Just rather matter of fact and robotic providing instructions. Note: When receiving egg retreival and pregnancy test results I NEVER got a call from my primary nurse. It was always some random nurse. Literally every single time.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strength - They supposedly have a good lab. Their facility is impressive and the OR setting is nice and well equipped. I would try to plan/hope my procedures are during the week. The weekday nursing staff in their OR is much more professional than the weekend staff. Office visits are fast and efficient. They deal with such high volume that they have pretty good processes in place for funneling patients through on a daily basis. Weaknesses - You're a number. Neither physicians nor nursing staff will take genuine interest in you as an individual. That means your care protocol will come from one of a few predesignated buckets, unless you push for more. You will NEVER have access to your doctor directly. You will always have to speak to a nurse or set an appointment if you have a concern that you would like to speak to your doctor about. If you want someone to actually care about you as an individual this is likely not the clinic to go to.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring is done at certain times in the morning. Everyone shows up and the office runs through the cattle call. To be honest they are efficient and organized and it doesn't take too long. The nurses are friendly. The ultrasound may be a doctor or a PA. But it all goes quickly and efficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey.
I paid cash and it's not cheap.
Describe Micheline Chu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Chu doesn't like transfering multiple embryos, at least for my age group. She said there is more risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
-Dr. Doherty did one of my transfers and it was a fiasco. He was rushed and the procedure was a bit of a mess. - I asked for my results to be sent to a new clinic and it took like three requests before the entire thing was sent. - I asked certain nurses to write a summary of certain action steps and they would just send me to medical records in order to not waste their time on little old me. - I wasn't offered different creative options in my care - I didn't have anything glaringly wrong so they didn't push for creative outside testing to figure out why we weren't getting ideal results. I had to push for different testing otherwise I was just pushed through.

2020, Unsuccessful
you will not likely see the same doctor twice in one cycle [at RMA of New Jersey]. It feels like a revolving door and you are on your own. No general information about what to do to have a successful cycle. Lack of explanation - they make you feel as if they don’t want to tell you much about what happened or they try to keep you in the dark - or they simply can’t answer you...It was supposed to be a different result from the first cycle. When the results seemed to be similar the week of the retrieval I asked if they’d suggest canceling the cycle and they did not agree and I felt their professional opinion would be better than mine. This cycle had worse results than the first.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Absolutely predatory, careless, checked out, cold, no compassion. A factory farm for IVF clinics. He said he would check in with my OBGYN and other doctors and he did not. Infect they were unable to be in touch with him too. - I understand fertility IQ only checks negative reviews. Which is very upsetting because I feel after this I’ve found other negative experiences with him from other sources. I wish that negative reviews were as welcomes as the positive reviews . I wouldn’t have waisted a round of IVF with them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
RUN
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
We originally had decided on RMA because of a specific doctor. Half way through or first failed cycle - when calling to let us know that no embryos made it - he also let us know he’d be leaving to start another clinic in Cali. Which was something everyone at RMA knew when we started our first cycle. They attempted to push us on to another doctor that I met with and felt very uncomfortable with and we had to insist on seeing Dr.Drews who was recommended to us as the “ best doctor at the clinic” - it was a battle to even have a choice in what doctor we saw after they roped us in. The first round I’d like to add was botched - medications were not ordered - lack of contact - only saw the first doctor three times from the entire cycle. He did nothing but read results from a paper. Doctor Drews acknowledged in our first meeting this mistakes that were made by the first doctor and assured us he’d give us a different protocol for the second round. During the second round it was nearly impossible to see Dr.Drews. He didn’t even call us to share our results that this round was not successful - our nurse did and told us if we wanted to know why we could schedule to see him. I called several times to get an appointment with him and was told I’d have to wait about a month to even speak with him. When we did get to see him he gave us absolutely no definitive answers - he blamed smoking ( Neither of us are smokers ) he said it could be from medications but absolutely not one answer as to why. He then proceeded to push doner eggs. We both stated that It’s not something we’d want to do. He continued to push and even said “ oh that’s what they all say I’m sure after a few years of trying unsuccessfully you’ll be back for the doner eggs”. I only saw/spoke doctor Drews twice during the entire cycle. Not available for questions, concerns, did not give any helpful information.
Describe the protocols Michael Drews used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
It was supposed to be a slow grow of my eggs. It was supposed to be a different result from the first cycle. When the results seemed to be similar the week of the retrieval I asked if they’d suggest canceling the cycle and they did not agree and I felt their professional opinion would be better than mine. This cycle had worse results than the first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Our nurse was not from dr.drews team - she was the only one who was helpful in the entire clinic )
The primary nurse Christine was the only reason we trusted to stay for a second round. She was helpful but it also felt that she didn’t have time. She seemed to be the only one working in the clinic. I feel that if she had less on her plate our cycles would have been more successful. The ordering of medication was incorrect both cycles. The first cycle we confirmed the list of medications we had and that it was correct before we started. The day before we learned that it was not correct and had to order a trigger shot. The entire cycle was almost lost due to their lack of care or time. I partially blame the stressed RMA directly caused me for my first failed round.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - they’re very good sales people and the look and cleanliness of the facility. Weakness - compassion, organization, doctors availability. The fact that you will not likely see the same doctor twice in one cycle. It feels like a revolving door and you are on your own. No general information about what to do to have a successful cycle. Lack of explanation - they make you feel as if they don’t want to tell you much about what happened or they try to keep you in the dark - or they simply can’t answer you.
The monitoring appointments were fine. The nursing staff and staff that took blood were lovely. The doctors for monitoring were different everyday. One being the one I felt very uncomfortable with. No consistency at all
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
Very expensive. Our cycles were covered by our Insurance however we had to pay a very large sum for our genetic testing. The day before we started our second cycle at about 2:30 in the afternoon we received a call from Jenna in finance telling me that we had no IVF coverage which was not true. We spoke with our insurance provider who also assured us our insurance was in place. My husband and I both had to leave our work early to spend over three hours on the phone with Jenna and our insurance yo convince them that we have coverage. The insurance agent even put us on a three way call to tell her we have been approved for the cycle. The insurance agent was even irritated by their issues. The mistake in the end was on their part. Surprise surprise. They tell you don’t be stressed and then tell you the day before a cycle you have no insurance. Absolutely incompetent.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Failed to order proper medication for both cycles. Both times we had emailed our nurse with a list of the medications we did receive and we’re told that we had everything when in fact we did not. For the first cycle results we had to hunt down our first doctor on his last day with the clinic to get our results that had been sitting on his desk for days. For the results of our second cycle doctor Drews couldn’t even take 5 minutes to call and share the results or what went wrong himself. Our nurse called us and gave us the news in a quick 3 minute call and told us to schedule with him.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Costantini saw me personally twice and did not call me to discuss my treatment until I insisted via her nurse...She is unavailable for questions during treatment...Do not invest with Dr. emotionally or financially, especially if you have low chances of IVF success based on your circumstances...the quality of care received specifically by Dr Costantini that was horrendous
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Costantini is not the physician you want as a partner on your fertility journey. She is unavailable for questions during treatment and if you do get her to actually do your u/s don't expect more than three words from her "it's still early". You will get to know her nurse very well and it will be made clear to you, that she is not available for direct communication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Do not invest with Dr. emotionally or financially, especially if you have low chances of IVF success based on your circumstances. We knew that our chances for success were low due to low ovarian reserve, but it did not help my stress level to have no contact with my physician about my care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Maria Costantini-Ferrando used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I remember them, but I don't feel that it matters in the context of this review. I am writing this review because this Dr. will not provide quality care in terms of treating you as a human being that is trusting her to care about your emotional well being during your cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Robinson)
The whole experience from Dr Costantini to her nurse, really made me feel like I was at an IVF mill. I was told my Rx was being sent to the pharmacy when I confirmed we would start. The next call I received was from the pharmacy - I had no idea what protocol I was even on or what I needed when. I asked for a calendar (something that I was given automatically at another location) and it seemed like a huge ask. It wasn't. I will say that when Sarah was given feedback that I needed more from her, she did send the calendar and took the feedback graciously.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The success rates are highest for women with advanced maternal age which is why I decided to seek care there. RMA as a facility was not an issue, it was the quality of care received specifically by Dr Costantini that was horrendous. Having had treatment at Cornell where I had a vastly different experience really highlighted the lack of personalized care in such a personal experience. RMA felt like the IVF equivalent of a puppy mill. I waited 2 months for the initial appointment with Dr Costantini and I have no idea why, when I saw a different Dr at every monitoring appointment. Dr Cho and Dr Fisher were great when I saw them for monitoring, they provided feedback and answered questions and it didn't feel like pulling teeth as it did with Dr Costantini the two times I actually saw her. If it had been explained to me how the office worked, that I would see a different Dr each appointment and not be allowed to speak directly to Dr Costantini, I may have been able to make an informed decision and seek care elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.
Including meds +/-$20K
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr Costantini put me on levothyroxine. She never called me to explain why, I got a basic explanation from the nurse. When my cycle ended I wanted to speak to Dr Costantini and was told I would be able to see her in a month. My cycle ended and she never even called me.

2020, Consult
I only saw him [Dr. Seli] once for an initial appointment. He was very clear in explaining the reproductive process and how fertility treatments work. It was very science based, and I found it helpful. He discussed different options and identified potential areas that may impact the fertility journey...After my husband and I saw the doctor and had blood drawn for genetic testing, baseline labs, etc, I was recommended by the nurse to lose a lot of weight before they could proceed with ANY treatment.
RMA has a strict BMI cutoff. I called to ask this before starting, and the information I was provided was only partial information. After my husband and I saw the doctor and had blood drawn for genetic testing, baseline labs, etc, I was recommended by the nurse to lose a lot of weight before they could proceed with ANY treatment...We left feeling humiliated and hopeless, the exact opposite of how you should feel especially seeking fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
I only saw him once for an initial appointment. He was very clear in explaining the reproductive process and how fertility treatments work. It was very science based, and I found it helpful. He discussed different options and identified potential areas that may impact the fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
After the consult with the doctor, the nurse went over next steps. Since my BMI was too high for them to be willing to do anything, she proceeded to write after each follow up step “after BMI is under” their limit. Like, we got it. I even had her confirm with the doctor that they would not even try IUI, since both my husband and I were under the impression that we could do IUI while I attempted to get under their BMI limit. It felt very cold.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
If you’re too overweight, beware. I called before I went and asked about BMI limit. I was told what BMI limit for IVF, and I understood this to mean the limit was for IVF only, as they did not explain otherwise. At my appointment, the doctor was very thorough discussing reproductive medicine. And he mentioned not being able to do IVF but starting with IUI after the initial testing. My husband and I had bloodwork done. We last met with the nurse who proceeded to tell us the next steps. But after almost all next steps, she proceeded to write that it was only once my BMI was under their cutoff. Most offices will say it is due to anesthesia. But IUI does not use anesthesia at all. RMA will not provide any treatment if you are over their BMI limit, period. I find the practice to be fat phobic as there is no reason why they could not choose to move forward with IUI. There should have been informed consent before we had an appointment and tons of testing completed, as I would not have proceeded with the appointment. It felt humiliating, and we left feeling completely hopeless. I have gone elsewhere since and felt treated with respect every time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Per my previous statement, they were unclear about BMI limits even though I specifically called. They should be upfront about this and communicate it clearly, as the appointment was a complete waste of time. We left feeling humiliated and hopeless, the exact opposite of how you should feel especially seeking fertility treatments.
Emre Seli
Basking Ridge

We did ivf [with Dr. Treiser] because of low morphology. I was on Gonal-F amongst other injections for egg retrieval. We used ICSI and did pgs testing recommended by the doctor because of my husbands genes...I only saw her twice during my treatment she was nice. She gave me hope but things didn't turn out how she thought they would. I was given no explanation as to why most of my embryos didn't make it. Just simply that they didn't.
I started the journey [at RMA of New Jersey] assigned to one nurse a month or so into the process when I tried calling her I was told by the front office staff that she no longer worked there. My new nurse seemed to come in and throw a bunch of things at me that the other one never mentioned. I could never get her on the phone when I called but she would always return my voicemails. Sometimes she would give me all my numbers from bloodwork and sometimes she wouldn't.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Do your research ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I was treated good but felt like they could have explained things better as the process went along.
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did ivf because of low morphology. I was on Gonal-F amongst other injections for egg retrieval. We used ICSI and did pgs testing recommended by the doctor because of my husbands genes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I started the journey assigned to one nurse a month or so into the process when I tried calling her I was told by the front office staff that she no longer worked there. My new nurse seemed to come in and throw a bunch of things at me that the other one never mentioned. I could never get her on the phone when I called but she would always return my voicemails. Sometimes she would give me all my numbers from bloodwork and sometimes she wouldn't.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are supposedly one of the highest rated clinics with the most pregnancies and highest babies born. My one and only surviving embryo didn't make it to transfer. So I can't comment on that. The monitoring hours were from 6am to 8am to accommodate working schedules. I start at 6:50am so sometimes it was a little tight for me but they were always pretty fast first thing in the morning.
It worked out for me because I tried to be one of the first ones there when it opened so it always went pretty quick. I went one time maybe an hour or so later and there were a lot of people there but even so didn't have to wait in the waiting room for too long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
Our insurance covered $15,000 but on top of that we paid $15,300 out of pocket including medicines (over $8,000 one time and the rest was split up) up front before we could continue.
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I was told they only transfer one embryo at a time because its safer and less risks.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse was away for a week so another nurse called me with blood levels. She told me my estrogen was a certain number when my nurse came back she told me a much lower number. When I asked about it I found out the other nurse told me the wrong number. Also, my first nurse said my initial bloodwork came back good but when the second nurse came in she saw something else that required further testing.
Somerset

She [Dr. Shastri] didnt remember me and the fact I only had 1 ovary...Out of all the five doctors I have consulted for ivd, she is the worst in terms of her knowledge and her willingness to seek the best solution for a patient...For reasons I found rather dubious, I was not cleared by anesthesia, and Dr Shastri dropped me as a patient and told me I could not cycle at RMA...
RMA will only do 5 day transfers and rarely will they do a fresh transfer. They tend to trigger earlier like when the largest follicle is at 19 mm (on a mini ivf protocol) and there is only one measurement of the follicle...financial coordinator [at RMA of NJ] was terrible...She told me 3x that I didnt have coverage on ICSI and embryo freezing...I verified with my insurance 2x and then when I talked to someone else at the financial office at RMA, I was told Noelia didnt even verify my benefits....
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
I really wanted to like Dr Shastri as she came recommended by a friend who had success and her sister is close friends with Dr Shastri. Dr. Shastri and I even discussed the chocolate thali at a restaurant in Goa, India. Out of all the five doctors I have consulted for ivd, she is the worst in terms of her knowledge and her willingness to seek the best solution for a patient. When I had my initial consult, she would rattle off stats and claim that RMA’s lab was better than Cornell’s based on the SART data. When I later pressed her since she did her fellowship there, she admitted with agitation that Cornell and RMA have different philosophies. When I asked about whether a low dose protocol of Menopur and Gonal F was better, she confidently stated that the higher dosage was better. Dr Davis at Weill Cornell believes that it’s a 50/50 shot whether a high/ low dose protocol would work for DOR, and after many rounds, the low dose protocol worked better for me. Also, Dr Shastri ordered liquid HCG to replace Menopur (despite having a ton) and the HCG only had a 30 day shelf life. Right before the pandemic, I was about to start stim medications because RMA did not shut down during the pandemic. For reasons I found rather dubious, I was not cleared by anesthesia, and Dr Shastri dropped me as a patient and told me I could not cycle at RMA. However, thanks to my nurse, another Dr at the same Somerset office took me as a patient and said I could do an egg retrieval without anesthesia. So either Dr Shastri was incompetent or she was clearly too lazy to determine a solution for a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
If I was paying out of pocket or had a difficult fertility case, I would steer clear of Dr Shastri. If I had to see Dr Shastri, I would make sure I would get a second or even a third opinion. With her, you definitely need to verify everything she says.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
She didnt remember me and the fact I only had 1 ovary. She came recommended from a friend whose sister is best friends with Dr Shastri. She would describe scenarios that clearly had no relevance to me and would forget that I have 1 ovary.
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I would prep with estrogen patches first before my period, then 300 or more of gonal F because I would do liquid HCG instead of Menopur. No clomid priming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Benedetto)
She was great. Responsive. Got me under the care of a dr when Dr Shastri offered no solution.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA will only do 5 day transfers and rarely will they do a fresh transfer. They tend to trigger earlier like when the largest follicle is at 19 mm (on a mini ivf protocol) and there is only one measurement of the follicle. Weill cornell triggers at 21 mm (they take an average of 2 measurements). RMA tends to push donor eggs sooner than Weill Cornell
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey.
Luckily I had insurance coverage that RMA took. However, Dr Shastri’s financial coordinator was terrible Noelia Woeldin. She told me 3x that I didnt have coverage on ICSI and embryo freezing, which Weill Cornell said I did. I verified with my insurance 2x and then when I talked to someone else at the financial office at RMA, I was told Noelia didnt even verify my benefits. I hate to be nasty but I told her to do her job. Her response after verification was “”I had good benefits.”
Describe Shefali Shastri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Single embryo transfer genetically tested
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr Shastri failed to give me an alternative when I didnt get cleared by anesthesia
Shefali Shastri
Somerset
Dr Chu ultimately recommended that I have my fibroid surgically removed before doing any embryo transfer. She does not perform this surgery herself, so she referred me to another provider for this. I did not feel comfortable undergoing this surgery therefore I decided to get a second opinion.... She was very involved and each time I visited the clinic I got to speak with her in person. She speaks very quickly but it felt like that was just her personality.
Weakness: In the morning for monitoring, patients sit in the hallway lined up outside the door of the clinic [RMA of NJ] - it's sad/uncomfortable seeing these women sitting in a dimly light hallway on the FLOOR.... Strengths: I found it relatively easy to get in touch with Dr Chu and her staff when I had questions. They answer emails quickly.... There was no fee for the consultation. I paid several hundred dollars for the HSG procedure
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Be prepared for her to speak very quickly and give you a lot of information. Bring a notepad and write things down since there is too much to remember at once. If she (or anyone else) recommends surgery, get a second opinion to be sure.
She was very involved and each time I visited the clinic I got to speak with her in person. She speaks very quickly but it felt like that was just her personality. I never felt rushed by her, and she took the time to answer all of my questions in detail.
She recommended doing a cycle of IVF for egg retrieval and PGS testing first to make sure I even have good embryos first, then proceeding with fibroid removal prior to doing any transfers. Because I was very hesitant to have fibroid removal surgery, she did give me an alternate option to do egg retrieval and transfer one embryo to try, but told me that if it fails she would not recommend doing any additional transfers until the fibroid is removed. I choose not to proceed with Dr Chu and went elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
Rhonda is well versed in infertility treatment, however she could come off abrasive at times. I do think it was coming from a place of care/concern, but my husband had a very difficult time with her style of communication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Weakness: In the morning for monitoring, patients sit in the hallway lined up outside the door of the clinic - it's sad/uncomfortable seeing these women sitting in a dimly light hallway on the FLOOR. The Englewood NJ office does not to retrievals/transfers, so patients have to travel to southern NJ for those procedures. Strengths: I found it relatively easy to get in touch with Dr Chu and her staff when I had questions. They answer emails quickly.
There was no fee for the consultation. I paid several hundred dollars for the HSG procedure to evaluate for tubal blockage (which indeed there was). The bloodwork was covered by insurance so I only paid the co-pay for that part.
I did not get this far, but she told me she does eSET.

2014 - 2018, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
When I was with him [Dr. Rybak] in the office or on the phone it felt like he genuinely cared about my well being...He was good one on one and made me feel like I was in good hands whenever I saw him. The clinic makes it hard to get in touch with him on the phone which was very frustrating but once he was made aware of the situation he took care of me...I used a few different injections to stimulate my ovaries as much as possible. Went in for morning monitoring very often
1 cycle for a frozen embryo retreival cost around 5200 including genetic testing [at RMA]...It is a very big company and patients tend to get lost. I felt more like a number than a human...I was having complications from what I thought was fibroids and RMA was supposed to remove them for me. I had surgery scheduled with them but in the meantime was hemoragging and they did not help me address that. I asked for help multiple times in managing it and in the end had to go to my OBGYN for help and they ended up performing emergency surgery which ended up resulting in a uterine cancer diagnosis.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He is a caring doctor if you want a successful retreival.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
When I was with him in the office or on the phone it felt like he genuinely cared about my well being.
Describe the protocols Eli Rybak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I used a few different injections to stimulate my ovaries as much as possible. Went in for morning monitoring very often.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
My nurse was rude and had no compassion for me. I was having complications and they just referred me to an ER and scheduled me for morning monitoring which was completely inappropriate. They firld the doctors calls and make it hard to get in touch with them. At one point she asked me if I was exaagerating my symptoms. I had to see my OBGYN to address the problem because my nurse would not help me although it was her responsibility.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is good at ehat they do but if you are a special case and it strays from their “textbook” you wont get the proper care. It is a very big company and patients tend to get lost. I felt more like a number than a human.
If you went early enough you could get in and out quickly enough.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey.
1 cycle for a frozen embryo retreival cost around 5200 including genetic testing.
Describe Eli Rybak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
He likes to only transfer one if possible. If the eggs are good quality and there is no reason for the uterus to not take the implantation then he will only want to transfer one.
Eli Rybak
Englewood

Dr Chu was very informative but not always the most compassionate. After my 1st failed IUI with her (3rd failed overall at that point) I asked about changing medications or protocols and she did not find it necessary. After my next IUI with her failed, I again asked from a change or if we could do some more diagnostics and was finally heard and repeat labs were drawn.... I was not offered any other diagnostics or protocols other than just moving on to IVF.
RMA is a large clinic so it was pretty easy to get lost in the shuffle. I did have good communication with my nurse and was able to speak with Dr Chu when I wanted to.... Getting to morning monitoring very early is crucial if you want to get in and out in a timely fashion. I showed up 25 min before the office opened and still would be waiting in a line for the doors to open....Julie was my primary nurse and was very good at getting in contact with me via phone calls or email.
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Chu was very informative but not always the most compassionate. After my 1st failed IUI with her (3rd failed overall at that point) I asked about changing medications or protocols and she did not find it necessary. After my next IUI with her failed, I again asked from a change or if we could do some more diagnostics and was finally heard and repeat labs were drawn. We increased my dose of gonal-f the next round but still were not successful. I do not have IVF coverage but still after each failed IUI, I was asked if I wanted to move forward with IVF. I felt this was a little insensitive. I was not offered any other diagnostics or protocols other than just moving on to IVF.
She is very educated and informative but doesn't always have a lot of compassion so do not take it personally. Also, dont be afraid to advocate for yourself and things you may want explored further.
When seeing Dr Chu I was still considered "unexplained infertility". I did 3 rounds of IUI with gonal-f. First round, I did gonal-f 50mg with blood work and ultrasound monitoring every few days, followed by 2 days of IUI once follicles were deemed "mature." Second round, we followed the same protocol and dose of gonal-f. After our second round failed, I was begging for more diagnostics to try and see why it hasnt worked. They redrew the same day 3 labs as when we first started and we moved forward with another IUI. This round we did increase the gonal-f to 75mg followed by 2 back to back IUIs but again it failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Julie Cochrane)
Julie was my primary nurse and was very good at getting in contact with me via phone calls or email. She did show compassion and was very helpful throughout the process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is a very large clinic so morning monitoring is very crowded. However, the doctors and staff are professional and know what they are doing. Getting to morning monitoring very early is crucial if you want to get in and out in a timely fashion. I showed up 25 min before the office opened and still would be waiting in a line for the doors to open.
I have insurance coverage for unlimited IUIs and diagnostics and just had to pay co-pays for my visits.
Englewood

In a 7 month span we saw Dr Treiser 3 times. This process isn’t personable it’s all about staying on task and doing what they suggest even if it cost thousands of dollars... She is knowledgeable but very absent in the process. She did not perform my retrieval, polyp removal or any other appt but was there for the transfer. Just more interaction with Dr Treiser and occasional phone call would have fostered a better connection.
[RMA of NJ is] Very organized...the process is well thought out to keep you on track...ivf is a very emotional process and no except the social worker (1 visit)plugged into the emotional aspect of it. They are well located in many areas of New Jersey they are convenient.... Susan [nurse] was straight forward and very good at keeping us on track. She would rush through instructions causing us to call back for clarification. We never both received the information so a lot of times things would get lost in translation
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Her frontline involvement in your process is minimal. Not to say she isn’t working behind the scene but you will not get a personal connection with her.
Retrieval follistim, and menopur 150 II for egg stimulation every night for 8 days and Pregnyl 10,000 USA for trigger. Blood work and UA every other day. 8 eggs retrieved 4 to blastocyst and 1 genetically normal and frozen for reciprocal ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Susan welgos)
Susan was straight forward and very good at keeping us on track. She would rush through instructions causing us to call back for clarification. We never both received the information so a lot of times things would get lost in translation
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
A lot of money!!!!! Total paid to RMA was approximately 16000 with insurance coverage for certain medical procedures
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Waiting for meds at the pharmacy after being told by my nurse they were called in. Having to call on call doctor which resulted in a 2 hr wait to get the meds that night to start treatment
Somerset

After my initial consultation and all the blood work and testing [with Dr. Michael Drews], I was ready to get started. The doctor had my assigned nurse (who was lovely) call to tell me that the doctor wanted me to lose 20 to 25 lbs before starting IUI. They set me up with their nutritionist on staff, who was also lovely. After I lost almost 20 lbs, I was told I was close but not quite there. During the almost two years that I wasted trying to lose weight (which eventually all was gained back) the doctor never once scheduled a meeting or call to check in. I wasted two years and i did not have two years to waste.
We did not get to the first IUI because a week before I would have started the process, my assigned nurse [at RMA of New Jersey] called to say that I had to lose weight. I was not even given the option of proceeding...She [nurse] was wonderful. Very sweet and compassionate and responded quickly to emails...I felt that during the waiting period while I was trying to lose weight, I fell off their radar. Even the nurse stopped following up with any frequency after a while. I had to cancel a nutritionist appt because I was sick and then I never heard back from her even though I had reached out.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Drews was very knowledgeable and was kind even though he did not have a great bedside manner. He was confident which made me feel positive. However, he also didn't seem to have time for me and did not do any follow up. I basically didn't see or hear from him after my initial visit, one subsequent visit and the HSG.
Call early and follow up more frequently. You have to be proactive if you want to see him or hear from him.
After my initial consultation and all the blood work and testing, I was ready to get started. The doctor had my assigned nurse (who was lovely) call to tell me that the doctor wanted me to lose 20 to 25 lbs before starting IUI. They set me up with their nutritionist on staff, who was also lovely. After I lost almost 20 lbs, I was told I was close but not quite there. During the almost two years that I wasted trying to lose weight (which eventually all was gained back) the doctor never once scheduled a meeting or call to check in. I wasted two years and i did not have two years to waste.
We were going to try a few rounds of IUI since my test results were great and I seem to have an unexplained infertility. Dr. Drews suggested that I use something other than Clomid because of my age (I was 37 at the time). He said that Clomid doesn't work as well for people my age - I later used Clomid and responded well to it. We did not get to the first IUI because a week before I would have started the process, my assigned nurse called to say that I had to lose weight. I was not even given the option of proceeding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
She was wonderful. Very sweet and compassionate and responded quickly to emails.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It was mostly co-pays with some additional costs for the HSG. Around $2,000 total.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
I like that she [Dr. Rita Gulati] called me personally with results and never rushed me when I was speaking with her in person. However, it felt like it took forever to get in touch with her because they are not always at the clinic and you are seeing a million different doctors during your monitoring. Although she was my actual doctor, I never saw her much during the IVF process.... She was difficult to get in touch with due to schedule. Ex: in office Monday and Tuesday, can't get her by phone other days. Not very involved in IVF process.
Regular daytime appointments [at RMA West Orange] went smoothly and the receptionists are always friendly and nice asking about your day, etc. the issue with this specific site is the waiting room and monitor waiting room is. It big enough. It is packed to the brim most mornings I went and sometimes I had no place to sit down. Also the wait time can be 1 hour at least maybe longer depending on how many people show up and what time you come. I stopped going and went to basking ridge instead where it was 15 minutes for blood work and ultrasound with a big waiting room and more staffing. At the first place they only had 1 doctor to do the ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
Strengths: She is very compassionate and takes time to answer questions when you see her in person. Weaknesses: She was difficult to get in touch with due to schedule. Ex: in office Monday and Tuesday, can't get her by phone other days. Not very involved in IVF process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
You should know that once you begin the process of IVF you don't see your actual doctor very much.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
I like that she called me personally with results and never rushed me when I was speaking with her in person. However, it felt like it took forever to get in touch with her because they are not always at the clinic and you are seeing a million different doctors during your monitoring. Although she was my actual doctor, I never saw her much during the IVF process.
Describe the protocols Rita Gulati used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For IVF we started with menopur and gonal F in the morning (75 of menopur and 150 of gonal F pen) and at night. On the 3rd morning I had to start the ganarelix one injection and did that as well for the next 5 mornings along with the other meds. After the 3rd morning I went to monitoring the 5th day, 6th, and 8th day of meds. Then I did a trigger shot that night of hcg 5,000units and lupron that twice that day. These meds produced 7 eggs, only 3 were mature and only 1 made it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: I had Nicole first and merry for IVF)
Well it was hard because as I was starting IVF my nurse left for another clinic. I think that they assign the nurses WAY TOO MANY patients. It's hard to be organized and on the same page when this happens so I don't really blame them at all. I think she did the best she could.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Regular daytime appointments went smoothly and the receptionists are always friendly and nice asking about your day, etc. the issue with this specific site is the waiting room and monitor waiting room is. It big enough. It is packed to the brim most mornings I went and sometimes I had no place to sit down. Also the wait time can be 1 hour at least maybe longer depending on how many people show up and what time you come. I stopped going and went to basking ridge instead where it was 15 minutes for blood work and ultrasound with a big waiting room and more staffing. At the first place they only had 1 doctor to do the ultrasounds.
See previous response about clinic. Do not do monitoring at west orange there are too many patients and not enough staff, go to basking ridge if you can. Also I understand patients want to have their significant other there but then they are not enough seats for actual patients. They need to have a bigger waiting area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey.
I did the careshare program and we spent 32,000, 600 for anesthesia, 1,500 for meds. Then copays leading up to treatment $60 each time I went.
Describe Rita Gulati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Well we only had 1 to transfer but I like the rationale as the risks for me would have been much higher with a multiple birth (small body frame)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
If you get an on call nurse it seems like they don't communicate with your Nurse. I even had a covering nurse say I wouldn't needs meds and I ended up needing the meds and had to scramble at the last minute to get them. I also feel like they don't give you enough information about your treatment. Referring to the online classes is not individualized education and each case varies somewhat. I wish they gave you an individualized plan of care and to be honest the amount of money you spend it's not too much to ask especially because you are already an emotional wreck. I needed things spelled out for me in advance not the day of.
Rita Gulati

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
There are many doctors in the RMA practice. It's convenient when needing to schedule appointments, but morning monitoring felt like a chicken coup. You are just a number. I felt as though there could have been more testing on me, as I was not going through insurance, before making a huge investment in IVF...Strengths: reputation, multiple offices, resources Weaknesses: patients go to them, so they don't need to focus much on patients, the money is coming to them regardless
How was your experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
RMA is expensive, and they are not compassionate when it comes to multiple cycle costs, not necessarily the Doctor but they don't get involved and honestly they should know. They recommend IVF straight away, and in my case that was not the best course of action. I had more testing that should have been done, to realize it was a waste of $28K. I asked Dr. Jurema if there were more tests we could do after my 3rd miscarriage, and he recommended we do another cycle and just pay for the new advanced testing. I had already done testing and had 1 embryo, this recommendation did not make me feel confident and I changed direction after much research.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and trust your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Marcus Jurema used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
3 IUI's, 1st round with clomid then switched brands to Letrozole 1 IVF round after unsuccessful IUIs, were doing fresh transfer and was told 1 day before that they were freezing them instead to give them 1 more day to advance After miscarrying with IVF, insurance only covered IUIs. Although they were not successful, they were covered by insurance and we did 4 cycles. First round with Letrozole and developed vertigo like symptoms, we switched to injectables. Unsuccessful 4 IUIs to follow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
Anne is no longer with RMA. She left during my IVF cycle, and I only found out when I visited the RMA office to do my loss panel due to my miscarriage. She didn't educate me on the medications, often times made me feel like a nuisance when I asked questions too. Staff during morning monitoring in the future, were great. The West Orange office staff is very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Always busy and would often take an hour before it was your turn.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.
IUI's: around 8K total IVF with medication: 28K
Describe Marcus Jurema's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
They recommended eSET, and did not feel multiple transfer would be as safe.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
The nurse is no longer there, it was an isolated incident.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr Treiser was more than satisfactory as my RE during my time with IVF NJ. I really can't complain about the care I received then. Each time a cycle failed, she had a plan going forward. She was flexible and allowed me to participate in planning the next steps.She can come across as a bit cool at times but like I mentioned previously, I didn't need hand holding, I needed results...
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Treiser tries to be somewhat personable. Shes pleasant but sticks to the facts with little hand holding.I didn't have any complaints regarding my care until the acquisition of IVF NJ by RMA NJ. RMA was strictly all business and they herded everyone around like cattle. They were almost rude to my husband and myself because we had to bring our twins for an appointment. They should make a waiting room for parents that's as comfortable as the main waiting area. My husband and the girls had to wait in a tiny room that was claustrophobic. One time I went for an appointment and waited an hour + to be called. RMA said they didn't realize that I was waiting. Despite signing in and saying good morning to everyone. There is absolutely no privacy at RMA. You get herded around with a group. There's maybe 6-8 women getting blood work at the same time. I had to STAND in a long corridor with at least 10 other women and some of their partners while waiting for an ultrasound. And you can hear everything through the doors.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
When I was a patient at IVF NJ, the nurses were absolutely wonderful. I'm a nurse myself and I was really impressed with the job they did. They were professional but personable, on top of everything, and responded to an email, phone call or text within minutes. They made my two failed cycles easier to deal with and my successful one even more exciting and special. Once the clinics merged, the nurses began to leave. The nurses from RMA were ok but they weren't on top of things at all. Like I didn't realize I needed my annual mammography when I started my last cycle. They didn't even notice. IVF NJ wouldn't have allowed me to cycle. It took a long time for them to respond to email or messages. Sometimes not until the next day. Any procedure done at IVF NJ was made as pleasant as possible. The nurses, the RE's and the support staff were all really nice and your nurse would come to see you before your transfer. We even received a card after our first transfer from our nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall the experience with RMA was not satisfactory and at times unpleasant. When my first cycle with them failed (an FET with embryos from a prior cycle at IVF NJ) the nurse implied that the embryos weren't up to RMA's standards. Ok.. I have twin girls and my baby boy from those crappy embryos. I'm considering cycling again with them next fall only because of Dr Treiser. I'm already dreading dealing with them again. (RMA) The billing department was fine. We've paid OOP for everything so the billing department was always nice to us, lol!
Somerset

She [Dr. Kathleen Hong] was very kind and responsive to us personally, but just automatically lumped us into a box with other failed patients and quickly pushed us into donor eggs without being able to provide a real diagnosis when one was requested of her. Kindness cannot make up for the lack of try/science...If you are an easy case you will likely have success. If not, or if you know you have endometriosis, leave. You will not get answers as she does not believe in a leading disease of the female reproductive system.
My experience with Dr. Hong and RMA was overall very negative. I barely ever had a nurse (they kept leaving the practice!)...There were times when it was so insanely busy they couldn’t fit all of the women in the room. No better way to feel like a number than that!...They are a factory. If you are an easy, open and shut type of case you will likely have no issues here. That is evident from how many women conceived through them. But be wary: their high stats don’t necessarily mean greatness.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
My experience with Dr. Hong and RMA was overall very negative. I barely ever had a nurse (they kept leaving the practice!). I was out through the same two retrieval protocols they basically give to everyone and I had a cyst on my ovary that she misdiagnosed as a dermoid and my only option would be to remove that ovary (my second opinion clinic did surgery and confirmed it was an endometrioma and was able to ablate it without losing my ovary). I wish I knew so much more when I was there to be able to advocate for myself better. We found out right away my husband had severe male factor and we had to go right to ivf. After my second failed retrieval yielded 0 embryos - I was told that I had “unexplained poor egg quality” and that I needed donor eggs. When I asked for a diagnosis (specifically about potential endometriosis) I was dismissed and told that “endometriosis is a difficult surgery and doesn’t really impact fertility anyway”. We were then told it was likely we’d never make children together. I was distraught and still wanted a child, so I went through the donor egg consultation (where I found out yet again the nurse was leaving). I then left to get another opinion and I’m so thankful I did. I got a copy of my records at this point and learned what Hong wrote about me in her notes: a basic summation of how desperate I was to get pregnant as quickly as possible- and zero mentions of my requests for why this was happening. Severely disappointing - of course I wanted to be pregnant already - why else would I be at a clinic? But I didn’t want to go through an incredibly expensive donor egg process without knowing why my body was now failing me. I found a dr who specializes in women with endometriosis, which he found severe endo all over, along with not only my misdiagnosed endometrioma but another one Hong missed entirely on the other ovary. I then got an egg to blast and conceived my son through my next retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
She was very kind and responsive to us personally, but just automatically lumped us into a box with other failed patients and quickly pushed us into donor eggs without being able to provide a real diagnosis when one was requested of her. Kindness cannot make up for the lack of try/science.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hong used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Retrieval 1: antagonist protocol (450 follistim and ganirelix) Retrieval 2: microflare protocol (450 follistim and a micro dose lupron) I was told I was on “max” doses. My response to both was pretty poor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I can’t. I took to emailing Hong directly for everything because my nurses kept changing mid cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are a factory. If you are an easy, open and shut type of case you will likely have no issues here. That is evident from how many women conceived through them. But be wary: their high stats don’t necessarily mean greatness. Women they fear will not be successful are turned away at the door (ie high BMI) and women with poor responses are shuffled off quickly to donor eggs with little to no explanation of a diagnosis or a why. Look for a dr/clinic who still has strong rates but takes on failures and challenges. That is the dr that will really be on your side.
There were times when it was so insanely busy they couldn’t fit all of the women in the room. No better way to feel like a number than that! Change QUICKLY. My first morning monitoring I made the mistake of wearing an outfit that required a little extra (was wearing a skit with tights) - plus I was on day 3 of my period and the dr left me kind of messy that am. As I was leaving the room the dr on monitoring made a snide comment about how long I took in the room. I left there sobbing. It was awful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.
I only had to pay about $100 for the outside genetic counseling, then it was about $5200 upfront for embryo testing and cryopreservation with my insurance through the NJ State mandate. I think they saw the money with my good insurance, unfortunately. It was a hassle to get my 5200 back when my retrievals failed since those services were prepay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
A misdiagnosed cyst (it was an endometrioma but I was told it was a dermoid). A missed endometrioma on my other ovary. A completely missed diagnosis of endometriosis, but more so the flat out denial this disease impacts fertility.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Foreman is an awkward communicator, evasive and never grasped the accountability and commitment of the process. We couldn't get a clear path forward or a plan - in many cycles...He [would] not even put me on Clomid - the standard beginning drug of IVF. (I later had good results with it)
[My experience at RMA of New Jersey was] multiple nurses, no coordinate of care, nurses frequently quit or were fired. The reason we chose them was for the conception rate and to have continuity of care but when our dr was away, we couldn't cycle...We lost about 12 months while various nurses messed up our cycles (no calls, no rx, no ability to get it) and enough money to be a really really nice car.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Foreman is an awkward communicator, evasive and never grasped the accountability and commitment of the process. We couldn't get a clear path forward or a plan - in many cycles. I wouldn't recommend him to an enemy if I had one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Go elsewhere!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
multiple nurses, no coordinate of care, nurses frequently quit or were fired. The reason we chose them was for the conception rate and to have continuity of care but when our dr was away, we couldn't cycle. Also, cycles were cancelled to game their rates. We lost about 12 months while various nurses messed up our cycles (no calls, no rx, no ability to get it) and enough money to be a really really nice car.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
He ow;d not even put me on Clomid - the standard beginning drug of IVF. (I later had good results with it)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: who care recall, too many - one was fired for misconduct)
disorganised, unclear, meds not called into mail order pharmacy - many times had to rush to local specialty and pay far more because they messed up). more than one cycle had to be cancelled because the meds could not be received in time. a disaster. Each time we changed nurses, it would take months to get up to speed again. It's not calculus and rocket science! One nurse, upon hearing that I was both traveling and had woken up gasping for air and could barely breathe suggested I keep taking the meds that caused the reaction and come in at noon. I had clearly articulated that I was 11 hours away and could not breathe. I had to page the on call 5 times before getting a nurse (no dr!) to tell us what to do. meanwhile, we're panicked in a hotel. that was horrible, horrible experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It took them 2 surgeries to do what they should have in one. One dr pulled my stitches out by hand (not even gloves). It's a slick facility/facilities but the treatment is barbaric and they will game their success rates by canceling your cycles. there are better options!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey.
who knows? we were always paying even after cancelled cycles. over 18 months later, they sent a mystery bill for 4k. no one there knows why but we called for months to resolve.
Eric Forman

2015, Unsuccessful
After cycle 1 failed, we requested a meeting with Dr. Jurema in which we discussed options for cycle 2. After that meeting, again our access to him was restricted. In the middle of cycle 2 we were given wrong information by the doctor on staff resulting in another delay. When I requested to speak to Dr. Jurema about it I did not receive a call back for several days, and when I did he was short and cold saying that each doctor works with information they have in the moment and may not be fully versed in our case/history. We asked for more personalized care and communication, but it did not improve...
How was your experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
In our first meeting with Dr. Jurema we felt confident and comfortable with an IUI approach after learning that we had unexplained infertility. Dr. Jurema was smart, polite and attentive during that meeting. At that time the facility was IVF NJ and at the beginning of our cycle I had one appointment at Dr. Jurema's office where I saw him and discussed day-to-day actions. After that, the facility merged with RMA. From that time on we were not able to speak to Dr. Jurema, nor were our appointments with him. We were given the doctor of the moment or the nursing staff for the rest of cycle 1 and cycle 2. During cycle 2, we requested that Dr. Jurema call us after we were given incorrect information by his colleague. When we did receive his call he was cold and short, providing very little understanding. We asked for more personalized care, which he was not able to provide. We emailed Dr. Jurema when we left the facility explaining that we were unable to continue due to the lack of attentiveness and personalization. Unfortunately it appears that Dr. Jurema is handcuffed by RMA, but we can't say for sure as we were only with him a short time before the facility transitioned.
Be prepared for very little interaction with him.
IVF NJ transitioned to RMA during our time with Dr. Jurema. In that time we had to change office locations. Our history and paperwork did not reach the new system in time resulting in a delay of cycle 1. After beginning cycle 1, we had limited interactions with Dr. Jurema by design of RMA. We dealt only with admin and nursing staff on a daily basis, and for procedures or checkups requiring a doctor we were given the doctor on staff at that time. After cycle 1 failed, we requested a meeting with Dr. Jurema in which we discussed options for cycle 2. After that meeting, again our access to him was restricted. In the middle of cycle 2 we were given wrong information by the doctor on staff resulting in another delay. When I requested to speak to Dr. Jurema about it I did not receive a call back for several days, and when I did he was short and cold saying that each doctor works with information they have in the moment and may not be fully versed in our case/history. We asked for more personalized care and communication, but it did not improve. Cycle 2 was also unsuccessful and when we left RMA we sent a detailed note explaining our reason for leaving was due to the impersonal nature of the facility.
We agreed to move forward with an IUI strategy. Through Dr. Jurema and RMA we completed one Hysterosalpingogram, which revealed that my left fallopian tube was stretched and taught, but otherwise fine. Dr. Jurema explained that we could complete further testing to determine if it was endometriosis or we could move ahead with the IUI as sometimes it's possible that a woman's natural anatomy can be a cause. We opted to move forward with IUI only, no further testing. We completed two IUIs, each with a round of Letrozole (alternative to Clomid) and a trigger shot (hcg). On the second IUI cycle we also had to take a second trigger shot. Unfortunately I do not remember the doses. Both cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Cecille Tinio)
We were not pleased with the day-to-day communication by the nursing staff. They followed a "playbook," so to speak. Calls were made at a certain time each day with results, usually at the end of the day. If the call was missed there was no way to reach them again until the next day or hope that they were checking the portal overnight. When calls were answered and we had questions, nine times out of 10 they could not be answered. Essentially results were simply read off, not interpreted or used to modify a course of treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA NJ is a factory with little personalized care. We found nearly no positives with this clinic. Wait times were long for daily blood work, access to doctors was restricted, nursing staff or doctors of the moment were rarely educated in our personal journey. After two failed IUIs we were ready to move on to IVF and we knew that we could not go through that process at RMA. And thankfully we made the right choice in leaving there. We found another practice that was extremely personal, was able to modify courses of treatment when needed and monitored me closely throughout the entire journey in order to ensure a positive outcome.
Covered by insurance. Co-pay was our only out of pocket outside of medication.

2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Rauch] was professional, I just felt like she didn’t care that much if I actually got pregnant. She told me she was “really surprised,” when she heard I got pregnant via ivf. I ended up having a miscarriage and she never reached out after that...Just expect her not to be overly warm or joyous for you. I think she’s very knowledgeable, but I just didn’t connect with her...she was very pessimistic anything would work for me.
It was the whole team [at RMA of New Jersey] that came up with the protocol, not just her [Dr. Eden Rauch]...They [nursing staff] were professional...I know they are a team, but I saw one dr for a practice embryo transfer, and she didn’t even do the actual transfer. Out of the several doctors I saw, they were all professional but I can’t say I loved any of them. None were overly compassionate and a few actually said some insensitive things to me after a miscarriage such as, “it worked once, it’ll work again,” as if my loss wasn’t that big of a deal. I think they do care about patients but at times it felt more about the money we had to give. I know the practice has since combined with another so it may be different now.
How was your experience with Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey?
She was professional, I just felt like she didn’t care that much if I actually got pregnant. She told me she was “really surprised,” when she heard I got pregnant via ivf. I ended up having a miscarriage and she never reached out after that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey?
She was professional, but she was very pessimistic anything would work for me.
Describe the protocols Eden Rauch used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
It was the whole team that came up with the protocol, not just her. It was a short protocol, I stimmed for 9 days before the egg retrieval. I got 17 eggs, 10 fertilized, only two made it to day 5, transferred two, got pregnant with one, ended in 6.5 week miscarriage
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
They were professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I didn’t like that I constantly saw different doctors. I know they are a team, but I saw one dr for a practice embryo transfer, and she didn’t even do the actual transfer. Out of the several doctors I saw, they were all professional but I can’t say I loved any of them. None were overly compassionate and a few actually said some insensitive things to me after a miscarriage such as, “it worked once, it’ll work again,” as if my loss wasn’t that big of a deal. I think they do care about patients but at times it felt more about the money we had to give. I know the practice has since combined with another so it may be different now.
I could go in between certain hours in the morning, it worked well with my work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey.
Our insurance covered 100%
Describe Eden Rauch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
They left it up to us, but encouraged transferring twi because of the grade of the embryos and that I have stage 4 endo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I did have things go wrong, but If I wrote the specifics, this would no longer be anonymous.
Eden Rauch
Freehold

2012 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Morris prescribed high dosages of pills, extra supplements including prenatal and high dosages of follistem. She wanted to get my follicles grow faster. I was lucky to have ten growing but during retrievals, they were all zero eggs retrieved. ... Dr. Morris talks to you as if she is not speaking with a patient but a business person. I did not feel comfortable and her time is precious.
Clinics strengths - they do have alot of staff. The nursing departments and blood work department are friendly and good communicator. ... I had a nurse coordinator. She was fantastic. She is the only one who i can communicate with, call and email etc. She is very friendly and so understanding. ... I felt like a number not a human because the place felt like a your lining up in a factory. The clinics has no windows, its gloomy and people are not friendly there.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris talks to you as if she is not speaking with a patient but a business person. I did not feel comfortable and her time is precious. We are timed! Each time you see or speak with her either on the phone or face to face it is $300 for 15 minutes. It is all about the money! She was never there 100% of the time. Whenever I do my sonogram, it is always different doctors. Dr. Morris was not the one who did my retrievals. But I do love that doctor cause she is more sympathetic. I would not recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Research! Research! Research! Do you your research well about Dr. Morris. Do not settle for one doctor for consultation. At the end of the day, it is your decision to make but, in honestly, please do not pick her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt like a number not a human because the place felt like a your lining up in a factory. The clinics has no windows, its gloomy and people are not friendly there. I did not feel comfortable at all. Everytime we want to speak with our doctor, they will book us by time and date and then we have to pay $300 for 15 minutes of her time. Its ridiculous!!!
Describe the protocols Jamie Morris used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Dr. Morris prescribed high dosages of pills, extra supplements including prenatal and high dosages of follistem. She wanted to get my follicles grow faster. I was lucky to have ten growing but during retrievals, they were all zero eggs retrieved. It is rare they say. I hear this all the time....if you stimulate high dosage, risks are no eggs will be retrieved. I just found out lately.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinics strengths - they do have alot of staff. The nursing departments and blood work department are friendly and good communicator. (it is really hard to say). Weaknesses - charding patients to see there doctor for 15 minutes everytime sucks! That is why we only saw her twice cause it was expensive. She's hardly at the clinic, would be nice if she was there doing her rounds and talking to her patients. The place should have windows for sunshine...extra vitamin D and provide positive moods for patients.
I remembered just getting blood work first and then ultrasound second. Who does the sonogram I remembered for me was another doctor (male) so it was a sonographers. The doctor was respectful and he would tell us what he sees and tell us how big the follicles were and how many. That's about it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey.
Oh boy! So, we took out a loan for medical loan that they have at that clinic. So, we never saw the money, it was sent straight to the clinic. All I remembered, if we needed to speak with Dr. Morris, it will cost us each time $300 for 15 minutes of her time.
Describe Jamie Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I did not get this far when I was under the care of Dr. Morris.
Jamie Morris
Morristown

[Dr. Leo Doherty] wasn't always totally clear on his explanations, but he did seem to be up to date on our case...Was not as aggressive with the stims as our other doctor. Pushed us to do the ICSI but that turned out not to show anything...He was fine I guess. We only saw him once but spoke on the phone a couple of times. He pursued more testing to try to figure out our unexplained infertility but without any luck. Not sure if some of the add-ons to the IVF procedure were necessary, but I'm not sure that they weren't.
It was clear that they [the nurses at RMA of New Jersey] were very busy but it was also clear that they work hard to show compassion...Monitoring appointments were definitely a cattle call, but that didn't bother me...Costs were definitely much higher than at our other clinic...Very large and streamlined. Don't expect a lot of personal attention and do expect to pay top dollar. Everything seemed very state-of-the-art and fairly thorough. The cattle-call feeling for testing and prep, etc. didn't bother me, but I didn't love feeling like we didn't always have access to the people who could answer our questions.
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Keep your own detailed records so that you have any questions ready to go when you speak with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
It's a busy clinic, so you expect to be a bit rushed. Dr. Doherty wasn't always totally clear on his explanations, but he did seem to be up to date on our case.
Describe the protocols Leo Doherty used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
It was clear that they were very busy but it was also clear that they work hard to show compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey.
Costs were definitely much higher than at our other clinic.
Leo Doherty
Somerset

She [Dr. Catha Fischer] called me when things got rough but not before then... takes her time and is thorough. There were some times I did not feel we were talking about the same thing but that was fixed. Everything felt very methodical and I sometimes wished it was more personal along the way...There was no further testing of my husband's sperm or efforts to correct the morphology. We ended up with only one normal embryo to use. They did ICSI and PGS testing. Transferred one embryo during a medicated cycle my lining was over 16.
There was a clinical documentation error [at RMA of New Jersey] that delayed our cycle starting and caused undue stress...It is a machine. Everything is done the same for every person and it's not until something goes awry that a protocol is changed or re examined. Advocate for yourself and make sure all items are checked off the list before proceeding with expensive procedures...The nursing staff does a good job of not instilling hope where there is none.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Fischer takes her time and is thorough. There were some times I did not feel we were talking about the same thing but that was fixed. Everything felt very methodical and I sometimes wished it was more personal along the way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
She called me when things got rough but not before then.
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Gonal F with ganirelix for egg retrieval. There was no further testing of my husband's sperm or efforts to correct the morphology. We ended up with only one normal embryo to use. They did ICSI and PGS testing. Transferred one embryo during a medicated cycle my lining was over 16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Emeley Racano)
The nursing staff does a good job of not instilling hope where there is none.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.
We have a lifetime max on our insurance. After one cycle, it is exhausted.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
There was a clinical documentation error that delayed our cycle starting and caused undue stress.
Catha Fischer
Basking Ridge
Dr. Treisser called me a handful of times to personally provide lab results and discuss further plans. She was available when I had unexpected problems. She failed to see if I knew my blood type and had me go to the emergency room for bleeding.... After a chemical pregnancy of two embryos, an ERA was performed which provided helpful data about the protocol. Double embryo transfer was done twice resulting in one healthy baby.
Clinic [RMA of New Jersey] seems thorough and professional. They can take awhile to return messages and getting through to someone can take time too. Overall, my experience was ok but they were not helpful in finding me a local monitoring clinic.... My nurse often called to provide information, results, and instructions but I preferred the information emailed to me. She did not usually provide specific numbers but told me things looked good.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Review your records for accuracy.
She called me numerous times to discuss concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Collins)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinic seems thorough and professional. They can take awhile to return messages and getting through to someone can take time too. Overall, my experience was ok but they were not helpful in finding me a local monitoring clinic.
My doctor was fairly adamant about transferring two embryos to increase the chances of a baby for the parents. She did not really discuss the risks with me, but the risks were in my records.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I knew my blood type was positive but the doctor ordered a rho-gan shot for me because my chart said it was negative.
2015, Unknown Success
Dr Hong is great and time spent in person or on phone with her is valuable. Unfortunately, RMA of New Jersey is like a factory - packed waiting rooms, long wait times, huge layer of nurses you have to get through. When doing inseminations or transfers, feels like you see a different doctor every time.
RMA of New Jersey is like a factory...It's a big operation, got the sense they were disorganized. There's a lot of red tape to get anything done. You need to be really proactive about managing your care...Really crowded on weekends - 90+ min wait even just for bloodwork. Weekdays better but you have to go really early.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Hong is excellent but the setup at RMA of NJ is very impersonal and doesn't make for optimal patient experience.
You must be very proactive in managing your care. Dr Hong is great but you need to fight to get to her through the nursing staff, which can be difficult to deal with.
Dr Hong is great and time spent in person or on phone with her is valuable. Unfortunately, RMA of NJ is like a factory - packed waiting rooms, long wait times, huge layer of nurses you have to get through. When doing inseminations or transfers, feels like you see a different doctor every time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Hendricks)
Very tough to get in touch with her. Impossible to even call directly. They have a secure email system which doesn't work half the time. Got the sense the nurses are really overburdened with too many patients. Hard to ever have a live convo on phone - endless voicemails!
West Orange
She [Dr Maria Constantini-Ferrando] is personable and I like her. She has good training and I trust her...[At RMA] Before start of first cycle, instructions were not clear on everything that was needed to start so was delayed...Busy clinic not necessarily strength or weakness...Blood work and ultrasound are on a first come first serve basis and it is whoever is working the day you come in is the MD who will be performing ultrasound.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She is personable and I like her. She has good training and I trust her.
It is difficult and you have to remain positive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Busy clinic not necessarily strength or weakness.
$250
2019, Consult
I only went to Dr Drews for a consultation. During that consultation - I was impressed by how thoroughly he memorized my patient history (I sent a lot of records from previous doctors). However - I felt that he just lectured me about his proposed path for our fertility, and did not try to understand my husband and I's approach towards family building. He forced us towards the donor egg route - saying we could only start treatment at RMA if we started going down the donor eggs concurrently to trying with my own eggs... has the tendency to ramble on, given that he has so much experience and knowledge.
I only went for a consultation [at RMA of New Jersey], and paid the entire thing out of pocket. That's $450 for the consultation and over $100 for bloodwork...This is the poshest clinic I've ever been to - very large space, fresh fruits and water, lots of seating in the waiting room. On the flip side - I feel that they're too driven by their success numbers...The care staff and coordinator were very organized...I only went to Dr Drews for a consultation. During that consultation - I was impressed by how thoroughly he memorized my patient history (I sent a lot of records from previous doctors). However - I felt that he just lectured me about his proposed path for our fertility, and did not try to understand my husband and I's approach towards family building. He forced us towards the donor egg route - saying we could only start treatment at RMA if we started going down the donor eggs concurrently to trying with my own eggs. As a result we decided not to go with RMA.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Definitely come prepared with your questions, and don't be afraid to speak up for yourself. Dr Drews has the tendency to ramble on, given that he has so much experience and knowledge.
I felt that Dr Drews lectured me about my prognosis for quite a long time, and did not give me much chance to ask questions, nor did he want to understand our approach to family planning. He would dismiss my questions and push us towards donor eggs (presumably to keep RMA's success % high).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
The care staff and coordinator were very organized.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is the poshest clinic I've ever been to - very large space, fresh fruits and water, lots of seating in the waiting room. On the flip side - I feel that they're too driven by their success numbers. Be wary of any clinic that advertises higher than national average numbers! There's a high chance they're juicing those numbers through selecting their patients, or pushing their patients towards certain treatment options (such as donor eggs). I've heard this comment from multiple RMA patients as well.
I only went for a consultation, and paid the entire thing out of pocket. That's $450 for the consultation and over $100 for bloodwork.