Michael Bohrer

636 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078
973-258-4081

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Shastri is the only doctor I will ever go to for my fertility treatments. She is compassionate, very knowledgeable, and extremely methodical when it comes to the way she manages her patients...I now have an 11 month old son. We just recently did my third transfer a few weeks ago. We transferred one embryo and I am now pregnant with identical twins.
I think RMA is an excellent clinic to go to and I have recommended it to many people. Morning monitoring is so well organized and I love that they have early monitoring hours that works well with work schedules. Even though you will see different doctors during morning monitoring I have been happy with my experience with all of the doctors I’ve met. Once I’ve gotten pregnant both times my nurses have always coordinated my pregnancy ultrasounds to be with my personal doctor which is really nice. My nurses have also always tried their best to schedule my transfers with my personal doctor as well.
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shastri is the only doctor I will ever go to for my fertility treatments. She is compassionate, very knowledgeable, and extremely methodical when it comes to the way she manages her patients. I can think of a perfect example of this when I was going through my retrieval cycle. I was nearing the end of my stimulation meds and was about to be scheduled for surgery. I was coming in every day for monitoring so I was seeing different doctors each time. Literally for 3 days in a row each of the doctors said ok I think you’re ready for your retrieval. Your doctor just has to check the ultrasound and make the ultimate decision. Every day my nurse would call and say no Dr. Shastri wants you to stim another day. To be honest after this happened the third day in a row I started to get a bit frustrated because I just wanted to do the surgery. But on the last day before my retrieval was scheduled Dr. Shastri did my ultrasound. I remember she came in the room and said I’m sorry I’ve been dragging this on. I just want to make sure we get the best results we can get because I don’t want you to ever have to do this again. Well she was right because when she did my retrieval she retrieved 34 embryos and after all was said and done I was able to freeze 24. I truly believed if another doctor was caring for me I wouldn’t have gotten such amazing results because they would have pulled the trigger on the surgery too fast.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Choose her as your doctor, you won’t regret it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shastri is the most caring doctor I have ever had. She is so compassionate and I can always tell she truly cares about me. My journey to having my first son was rough and at one point I broke down during a pretty painful procedure. She hugged me and was so reassuring when she saw how upset I was. My first transfer was unsuccessful and she personally called me and I could tell in her voice how upset she was. When I did conceive my son she was so excited and wanted me to send her pictures of him when he was born. I was actually able to bring him into the office to meet her and she sat there with me holding him for a half hour just talking with me and asking how we were doing. I honestly don’t think I could find another doctor that would be better then her and I would never even think of going to a different doctor for my care.
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For my retrieval cycle she took a very dialed back approach because I had PCOS and so she was concerned that if she put me on regular doses that I would get stimulated too much. I ended up with 34 eggs and 24 frozen embryos in the end. For my first transfer I wanted to do a natural transfer which to be honest was not her recommendation. We transferred one embryo and that was unsuccessful. That’s when I realized I just needed to listen to her direction because she knew better then me. My next transfer was successful following a medicated protocol and I now have an 11 month old son. We just recently did my third transfer a few weeks ago. We transferred one embryo and I am now pregnant with identical twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I love the nurses at RMA. They are excellent when it comes to communicating with their patients and are always so on top of things. They are also so patient when it comes to answering any and all questions that you may have. When I had my son I sent in a birth announcement to my first nurse Melissa and she personally called me and was so excited for me. I just recently spoke with her and she wanted to see even more pictures of him even though it’s been a year since he’s been born. It’s so nice to know that the nurses really care and are invested in their patients.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring is always quick and extremely organized. Although it may not always be with your doctor I don’t think its necessary for every single ultrasound especially if it’s just a monitoring one and nothing important is going on for that ultrasound to be with your doctor.
Describe Shefali Shastri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Shastri and I think RMA in general typically only transfers one embryo for each transfer cycle because their belief is why would they purposefully put you in a high risk situation of having a multiple pregnancy. I definitely agree with this approach because I am currently pregnant with identical twins from a single embryo transfer so who knows what would have happened if they had transferred two.
Springfield

Dr. Osman responded with grace and kindness. Even through time was of the essence for me because of age and decline in AMH, [she] never made me feel like I was too late...she had already reviewed my records, had notes and questions prepared about our prior treatment, and how she would manage my journey...In order to make IVF and retrieval day less stressful for my husband and myself, she suggested we freeze vials of sperm beforehand to take the pressure off my husband and since male factor is not an issue. Best decision ever
The entire [RMA of NJ] nursing staff was amazing. my nurse, was always responsive, available to talk through what I was experiencing or feeling, and delivered results in a timely fashion...Monitoring was a well oiled machine. I was in and out in 10-15 minutes. Most days I had my results and next steps before noon. I also appreciated that they would follow-up with everything in the app as well incase I missed something.
How was your experience with Emily Osman at RMA of New Jersey?
My husband and I went to see Dr. Osman after negative experience with another clinic. We had consults with a few other clinics but when we met Dr. Osman, she had already reviewed my records, had notes and questions prepared about our prior treatment, and how she would manage my journey. At that moment, my husband and I knew we found the right doctor. Dr. Osman was front and center in my care and always made herself available to speak with me or accessible via email and I never waited more then a few hours for a response. Dr. Osman called to check-in on us several times during COVID as we hit a roadblock and delay prior to starting treatment. As we began treatment, Dr. Osman went over a realistic outcome for me and reminded me several times it is quality of embryos over quantity of eggs. In order to make IVF and retrieval day less stressful for my husband and myself, she suggested we freeze vials of sperm beforehand to take the pressure off my husband and since male factor is not an issue. Best decision ever! Following each retrieval, Dr. Osman called me with fertilization, number of blasts, and number of healthy embryo's. Our results exceeded ours and her expectations despite my low AMH. It truly was quality over quantity. I needed polyp removal surgery and Dr. Osman got me right in at Baskin Ridge so we could continue with our planned transfer cycle. The surgery was a breeze. Dr. Osman called to check on me after surgery, even though she did not perform it herself and with my pathology ahead of schedule. My transfer cycle could not have gone smoother and Dr. Osman made transfer day feel special. 9 days later we found out transfer worked and after many years of trying without success, we are expecting a baby. With that, I had an early minor complication and emailed Dr. Osman at 3:30 am, at 4:30 am I had an email response from Dr. Osman, a game plan, and Dr. Franasiak was expecting me at the clinic. With in 10 minutes of me seeing Dr. Franasiak, Dr. Osman called me to review my scan. On monitoring days I did not see Dr. Osman I saw Dr. Franasiak or Hayley. Both were equally amazing and even though I was not their patient and they both took the time to answer any top of mind questions and walk me through any thoughts I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Osman at RMA of New Jersey?
You are in amazing hands with someone who has been where you are now and to trust Dr. Osman and the process. It may feel at times that you are a million miles away from the result you want, but know you are not another set of ovaries with Dr. Osman, you are a person and she is going to treat you as an individual with your own individual goals and needs. You will never meet a kinder more compassionate doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Osman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Osman is beyond compassionate and empathetic to what we are going through. My husband and I had a bumpy time getting started on our journey and Dr. Osman responded with grace and kindness. Even through time was of the essence for me because of age and decline in AMH, Dr. Osman never made me feel like I was too late. Dr. Osman made me feel hopeful by setting realistic expectations and outlining a plan to get me there. My conversations with Dr. Osman were like talking to a friend who has been where I was vs a doctor.
Describe the protocols Emily Osman used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I have low AMH and it takes me a long time to stim so instead of starting me on a protocol on day 3, I had a luteal stim start both egg retrieval cycles. Cycle 1: Primed with estrogen for 10 days GonalF 375 units 150 Menopur Cetrotide Lupron/Ovedril trigger 10 eggs, 7 mature, 7 fertilized, 3 made to blast, 2 PGS normal embryos in the bank Cycle 2: Gonalf 450 HCG 10 units increasing to 20 units Cetrotide Novagril trigger shot 12 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 5 made it to blast, 3 PGS normal embryos Overall goal based on my age and AMH was 1 -2 healthy embryo's and we got 5 in the bank which is an amazing result. We only did the second retrieval because I wanted one more attempt at getting a healthy embryo because success rates with three FET's vs first attempt. I have friends that took 3-4 FET before a live birth. If I was not 41, I would have waited and proceeded to transfer. But Dr. Osman agreed to the second retrieval because of my age and low amh levels. Time was working against us and we wanted to capitalize on where I was. I will also caveat that I have amazing fertility coverage from my employer which covers three retrievals and PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth Hartley)
The entire nursing staff was amazing. Beth Hartley, my nurse, was always responsive, available to talk through what I was experiencing or feeling, and delivered results in a timely fashion. Beth was also extremely compassionate and treated me with kindness. She was always available to answer my million questions and talk me off the ledge. I also want to highlight the surgical nurses are amazing. They took really great care of me and were literally 1-1 patient ratio.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic did an amazing job during morning monitoring and I never waited more then 5 minutes. They got you in and out. RMA Marlton is also new and beautiful. You do not feel like you are waiting in a doctors office with other women. There is plenty of seating and pre-covid, a coffee/beverage station.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Osman at RMA of New Jersey.
I have amazing fertility coverage, progyny through my employer, and I was just responsible for medicine co-pays, which were minimal.
Describe Emily Osman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We wanted to transfer only embryo at a time.
Marlton

Dr. Hong took every concern I had seriously - and after a late loss, I had a lot of them in the following cycles. When I had a medical emergency while under her care, she coordinated treatment with the hospital and attending physicians to make sure that I was getting the correct medical attention I needed. She took time out of her evenings to call and check up on me...We did not wish to transfer more than one to avoid the possibility of twins.
I always received a call from the [RMA of NJ] covering nurse to either provide bloodwork results or answer any questions I had...During the week, while being monitored at the local Morristown clinic, the appointment rarely exceeded an hour. The later you go, the busier it will be. My only complaint would be the often very long wait times at the Basking Ridge location, where you need to go on weekends, as the Morristown location was closed.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
I feel very fortunate to have been a patient of Dr. Hong's. She was extremely knowledgeable, empathetic and compassionate, available when I had a question or needed advice, and went above and beyond what anyone could expect in terms of managing my care with other doctors during treatment. She frequently checked in with me to make sure I was doing okay and I never felt alone knowing that she was in my corner. I couldn't possibly recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Look no further.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong took every concern I had seriously - and after a late loss, I had a lot of them in the following cycles. When I had a medical emergency while under her care, she coordinated treatment with the hospital and attending physicians to make sure that I was getting the correct medical attention I needed. She took time out of her evenings to call and check up on me. It was so obvious that she truly cared. She is exactly the type of person that should become a doctor because she gives it her heart and soul.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hong used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
After only retrieving 2 eggs from my first cycle, which yielded one high-quality embryo that did result in a pregnancy (which was later lost for unrelated reasons), it became clear that we were working with a diminished ovarian reserve and our second cycle was adjusted accordingly. We did a micro flare protocol next and unfortunately that also yielded only one embryo which did not implant. Dr. Hong and I discussed how to proceed with cycle three and agreed to try an antagonist protocol again. My medications were adjusted once more, which resulted in an amazing 12 eggs retrieved, 11 successfully fertilized and 4 went on to become PGT-normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna)
My nurse, Dayna, was wonderful to work with. Even on days when she was out of the office, I always received a call from the covering nurse to either provide bloodwork results or answer any questions I had. Everything was always communicated in a timely manner and very clearly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
During the week, while being monitored at the local Morristown clinic, the appointment rarely exceeded an hour. The later you go, the busier it will be. My only complaint would be the often very long wait times at the Basking Ridge location, where you need to go on weekends, as the Morristown location was closed. Almost every time we waited between one to two hours to be seen and that location was 40 minutes away. This would not deter me from using this clinic again in the future, however, as I feel the care was absolutely worth it.
The clinic can get busy so if time is an issue, it's best to go in earlier. Their hours are very accommodating, from 6-8:30a.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.
We were very fortunate to have insurance cover most of the expenses related to our IVF cycles. We did pay out of pocket for PGS testing of the embryos which I felt was a reasonable amount. The insurance coordinators were really fantastic in detailing exactly what was covered and at what amounts. Aetna did provide incorrect information to the coordinator for our first round of IVF and when it came time to bill, RMA fought for us and submitted multiple appeals and ultimately had the original information provided by Aetna honored, saving us over $2000.
Describe Kathleen Hong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
In previous cycles, I only had one embryo to transfer. During my most recent transfer, only one PGT-normal embryo was transferred. We did not wish to transfer more than one to avoid the possibility of twins.
Kathleen Hong
Basking Ridge
Dr Franasiack was compassionate and personable...He was prepared at our consultation and had taken the time to review our history before we arrived. He was prepared with a plan and we walked away excited to have some concrete answers. The treatment plan felt designed for our needs...He’s amazing and patient and always ready to answer questions.
They [RMA of New Jersey] were our first and only choice. From our first meeting until the day we were released to the regular OB, we never questioned the quality of care we received. I wish that I could continue seeing them through the whole pregnancy...The entire Marlton RMA team was so friendly and personable and went out of their way to make us feel at ease.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Franasiack was compassionate and personable. We didn’t feel like a number or “just another patient” when we saw him. He always seemed familiar with our case and was ready to answer questions immediately. When we did have a setback with suspected polyps that delayed the transfer cycle, he showed compassion and seemed to genuinely understand our disappointed and took the time to explain the importance of delaying to yield best results
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
He’s amazing and patient and always ready to answer questions. Don’t hesitate to ask any question you have, even if you feel it’s an awkward/dumb question
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. F was amazing from day one. He was prepared at our consultation and had taken the time to review our history before we arrived. He was prepared with a plan and we walked away excited to have some concrete answers. The treatment plan felt designed for our needs. The entire Marlton RMA team was so friendly and personable and went out of their way to make us feel at ease.
Describe the protocols Jason M. Franasiak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We had male factor infertility and given the specifics of it, he cut right to the chase and recommended bypassing medications and IUI. We went straight to IVF with ICSI. We did one egg retrieval cycle with genetic testing and freezing. We did one single embryo transfer cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorochen)
Kim was my favorite person! She is such a great communicator and made me feel so comfortable that it felt like talking to a friend. She was super responsive and took time to explain results and plans in detail. She goes out of her way to check in and really gets to know you as a person, not just a patient
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They were our first and only choice. From our first meeting until the day we were released to the regular OB, we never questioned the quality of care we received. I wish that I could continue seeing them through the whole pregnancy!
Marlton office never had more than a 10 minute wait
Marlton

In addition to highly specific diagnosis and treatment program that Dr. Franasiak provided, he was realistic about what the outcomes could be at every stage, and was incredibly kind during every interaction. We always looked forward to seeing him. As far as specific outcomes with Dr. Franasiak and RMA Marlton, they were overwhelmingly positive. For example, with previous clinics, after multiple IVF retrievals, we were only able to produce one PGS normal embryo...We only needed one round of IVF with Dr. Franasiak, as he made our protocol highly personalized...
Beth [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] is one of the most compassionate people we've met, and she is incredibly knowledgeable about all forms of treatment and care. If I had a question about anything between visits, I could call or email Beth and she'd get back to me within the hour...[Monitoring was] Super efficient, minimal wait-time (5-10 minutes at most), and I was usually out within 10-15 minutes after being brought back. It was all very easy, seamless, and professional... It's highly efficient and exceptionally clean. The staff are the utmost professionals. I was usually seen within about 5-10 minutes of arriving, which made visiting before work all the more convenient. At the time of treatment, the retrieval and transfer were done at the RMA Basking Ridge office, which is also high-tech and professional. You can tell RMA NJ stays up to date on the latest technologies, but still has a personalized feel.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
In addition to highly specific diagnosis and treatment program that Dr. Franasiak provided, he was realistic about what the outcomes could be at every stage, and was incredibly kind during every interaction. We always looked forward to seeing him. As far as specific outcomes with Dr. Franasiak and RMA Marlton, they were overwhelmingly positive. For example, with previous clinics, after multiple IVF retrievals, we were only able to produce one PGS normal embryo. For my age at the time (37), this was unusual. Prior clinics gave no explanation, they would just tell us to keep doing retrievals, which was emotionally and financially exhausting. We only needed one round of IVF with Dr. Franasiak, as he made our protocol highly personalized. After just one round, we had FOUR PGS normal embryos. I still remember getting the call, I was in shock and cried about the good news. Similarly, treatment from previous clinics - including years of IUI, IVF, and random surgeries - had never resulted in a clinical pregnancy (only a life threatening ectopic). Previous doctors said I had "implantation failure" and never tested me or gave a reason why. Dr. Franasiak looked into the reasons why I hadn't had implantation in my uterus, and tested me for both endometriosis and chronic endometritus. My results were positive for both. After treating the endometriosis and endometritus, we did our first frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Franasiak, and now I'm overjoyed to be 18-weeks pregnant with our first child due in June. We have recommended Dr. Franasiak and RMA Marlton to all of our friends with fertility issues, and we'll be returning for baby #2 when we're ready.
Start with Dr. Franasiak and RMA Marlton and don't waste your time going anywhere else.
Before coming to RMA Marlton and seeing Dr. Franasiask, we had been under the care of three previous fertility doctors. These previous doctors relied more on "herd medicine" and one-size-fits all treatments rather than personalized diagnosis and care. This amounted to 4 years of multiple rounds of IUI, IVF, surgery, and lost hope. When we showed up to our first meeting with Dr. Franasiak, he had all of our records printed out on his desk (probably about 6 inches high, of which he had read every page). In discussing our case, it was clear he had thoroughly taken the time to understand everything we had been through and he was prepared to recommend a diagnosis and treatment program before we walked in. He listened to and thoroughly and honestly addressed every question we had, including further nuances to our diagnosis and treatment plan.
There were several changes to our treatment strategy that were recommended by Dr. Franasiak. On the diet and nutrition side, in getting ready for our retrieval, his office recommended going dairy and gluten free to cut down on inflammation. They also recommended a microbiome protocol which included high potency pre- and pro-biotics, and vaginal probiotic when we got to the transfer stage. Both my husband and I also tested positive for MTHFR mutations, and as a precaution, we were recommended to take 5g of methylfolate per day (people with MTHFR have a higher likelihood of aneuploid embryos). On the medication side, I did about two weeks of estrogen priming with estradiol, and then eventually took about 450 IUs of Gonal-F or Follistim and about 50 IUs of low-dose HGC. I went in every few days for the ultrasound. One big difference I noticed from other clinics, is that I was triggered earlier with Dr. Franasiak's office. All of this resulted in our highest number of eggs (18), which made five embryos, of which an astounding four were chromosomally normal. Dr. Franasiak diagnosed me with endometriosis, which was 60-days of lupron prior to the frozen embryo transfer. During this time, I was also treated for chronic endometritus, which was about 2-weeks of antibiotics. The transfer was seamless, professional, and now I'm pregnant with a baby boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Beth is one of the most compassionate people we've met, and she is incredibly knowledgeable about all forms of treatment and care. If I had a question about anything between visits, I could call or email Beth and she'd get back to me within the hour. I never really had a chance to worry about anything because I got the answers I needed right away. She's a really wonderful person and we always enjoyed seeing her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
We attended RMA's Marlton clinic, which is in a brand new building. It's highly efficient and exceptionally clean. The staff are the utmost professionals. I was usually seen within about 5-10 minutes of arriving, which made visiting before work all the more convenient. At the time of treatment, the retrieval and transfer were done at the RMA Basking Ridge office, which is also high-tech and professional. You can tell RMA NJ stays up to date on the latest technologies, but still has a personalized feel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey.
We are very fortunate in that my health insurance covered the cost of diagnosis, IVF, and related care. I only paid the co-pay and a percentage of the medication costs.
Describe Jason M. Franasiak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Franasiak explained to us what the pros and cons were of single vs. multiple embryo transfers, and recommended doing a single. We were comfortable with this, and are very happy with the outcome.
Marlton
Dr. Maguire has been a game changer during this process. She’s kind and gentle but professional and informative. She calls me personally and always starts with a personal question (how was my weekend, how’s my husband doing, etc). I couldn’t be happier with her...is completely trustworthy in her explanations and changes to treatment plans...She will respond to emails...My first cycle was an antagonist protocol. It was unsuccessful. We changed to a microburst protocol for the second retrieval to allow for better quality eggs and that’s exactly what we got. She also recommended adding a specific folate supplement during the second ER.
The wait time and experience [during monitoring at RMA] varied, depending on the day. Some days, it was quiet and all moved quickly. On days when they were short staffed or there was a large crowd, it went more slowly...Because of the size of the practice, you may not see your reproductive endocrinologist for morning monitoring or have them during your procedures. There is a schedule on their website that outlines what doctor is on what day. It all depends on your timing.
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Maguire is completely trustworthy in her explanations and changes to treatment plans. I know I’m in good hands and there is this unspoken sense that she wants me to be successful as much as I do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
She will respond to emails. Don’t hesitate to reach out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Marcy Maguire used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Bethune)
She is extremely responsive to emails and phone calls (emails, usually within thirty minutes).
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The wait time and experience varied, depending on the day. Some days, it was quiet and all moved quickly. On days when they were short staffed or there was a large crowd, it went more slowly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey.
I can covered by insurance. My OPCs are related to acupuncture, medication copays, embryo genetic testing, cryopreservation
Describe Marcy Maguire's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
RMA will only transfer a single embryo.
Marcy Maguire
West Orange
I felt heard and supported under [Dr. Kaser's] care. I felt that my case was important and urgent and i felt my concerns were heard and validated. I can recall at least two phone calls where Dr Kaser spent a long time going in to detail with me about specifics of my case and the procedures I had to undergo...Our protocol was egg retrieval with injectable atoms, ICSI fertilization, day 5 blastocysts then PSG testing...All of these options while being more expensive are to maximize the likelihood of quality embryos for transfer. I then had a polyp removal to ensure my uterus was optimal for transfer. Our transfer was FET.
staff [at RMA of New Jersey] wanted us to conceive as badly as we wanted to...Our protocol was egg retrieval with injectable atoms, ICSI fertilization, day 5 blastocysts then PSG testing which the clinic mandates...The nursing staff was amazing, from my coordinator to the blood draw techs to the front office manager. They were professional, prompt, empathetic, and very supportive...Morning hours were well run. I never waited long. Process was efficient and well organized.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt heard and supported under is care. I felt that my case was important and urgent and i felt my concerns were heard and validated. I can recall at least two phone calls where Dr Kaser spent a long time going in to detail with me about specifics of my case and the procedures I had to undergo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about treatment options and possible scenarios. You will be heard.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt like a human because Dr Kaser knew me, knew my situation, and was extremely informed about what my situation was and what was best for me. He answered my questions and concerns and provided me with advice I could trust because I knew he cared about me and what I was going through. We had our retrieval before thanksgiving and our transfer the day after Christmas, and Dr Kaser and his staff were so sympathetic to how this process must have felt around a holiday. Dr Kaser also performed another procedure on me to remove a polyp and I could tell he felt the urgency we felt to get this done so we could move on to the transfer. You could see he and his staff wanted us to conceive as badly as we wanted to.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Our protocol was egg retrieval with injectable atoms, ICSI fertilization, day 5 blastocysts then PSG testing which the clinic mandates. All of these options while being more expensive are to maximize the likelihood of quality embryos for transfer. I then had a polyp removal to ensure my uterus was optimal for transfer. Our transfer was FET.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: great hours, informed and professional staff, quick turn around, efficient prescription logistics, overall cleanliness and comfort. I felt like everyone knew me and my situation. I felt heard and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.
We have great insurance and most what what we had done was covered. The PSG testing was not covered but was mandatory from the clinic and cost us about 2,000 dollars. We had to pay about 275 for genetic counseling and then with meds and co-pays we paid approx. an additional 1,000-2,000 for IVF.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
The doctors at this office only do single embryo transfers to reduce the likelihood of a high risk multiples pregnancy. I would have liked the option to transfer multiples but I trusted that the doctors had my best interest at heart with their policy. It was not a deal breaker for us.
Daniel Kaser

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Eric Forman is a fantastic physician who tried everything that was in our reach to produce a positive results...always went out of his way so that I could understand everything that was happening...For my egg retrieval a Lupron trigger protocol was used with me because of my PCOS...he prefers a single embryo transfer but if you wanted a multiple embryo transfer he will oblige....All 3 of my embryo transfers with Dr. Foreman were positive but the first two ended up being ectopic pregnancies and the last one ended up in a miscarriage.
The nursing staff of RMA NJ are are wonderful and compassionate the downfall would probably be that they are busy so sometimes you have to wait a full day to get your results back...Morning monitoring was busy but you never feel like they don't care about you....Dr. Forman always went out of his way so that I could understand everything that was happening and when anything went wrong as well. Great communicator, always respectful and honest.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman always went out of his way so that I could understand everything that was happening and when anything went wrong as well. Great communicator, always respectful and honest. Whenever something went wrong he showed concern for me and would not push us aside.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Never be afraid to ask any question because he will always answer you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is a fantastic physician who tried everything that was in our reach to produce a positive results. Unfortunately all my pregnancies ended in miscarriages and Dr. Forman and the staff were always understanding about it and always treated us with respect and empathy.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval a Lupron trigger protocol was used with me because of my PCOS. I was supposed to have a fresh embryo transfer done but because my ovaries did become a bit over stimulated we moved to a frozen embryo transfer instead. All 3 of my embryo transfers with Dr. Foreman were positive but the first two ended up being ectopic pregnancies and the last one ended up in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
The nursing staff are are wonderful and compassionate the downfall would probably be that they are busy so sometimes you have to wait a full day to get your results back.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This clinic is busy which means that morning monitoring can be a long wait but they always are efficient and do their best to get you out the door as fast as they can without sacrificing patient care.
Morning monitoring was busy but you never feel like they don't care about you.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Foreman would always prefer a single embryo transfer but if you wanted a multiple embryo transfer he will oblige.
Eric Forman

2018 - 2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Molinaro] is delicate but direct. He is hopeful but realistic. I was confident and informed for all of my tries. And when something didn’t work he contacted me and we changed course. He also listened to my concerns and made sure to adjust my treatment accordingly...2nd egg retrieval did a new protocol of Lupron, Follistim, and hCG. That resulted in 10 eggs and 5 embryos. I’m currently doing an unmedicated transfer cycle due to my history of migraines.
I always knew [our RMA of NJ nurse] was out and she had back up plans. I did talk to a lot of on call nurses and they were all fantastic...Everyone is polite but it’s busy and you may need to travel to get to offices. They are the best but wait times can be long unless you arrive very early to morning monitoring. With the number of people coming and going you do feel a bit like a number during morning sessions and procedures but only based on the number of patients
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
He is delicate but direct. He is hopeful but realistic. I was confident and informed for all of my tries. And when something didn’t work he contacted me and we changed course. He also listened to my concerns and made sure to adjust my treatment accordingly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
Be honest and ask questions. He is there to help and inform.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
I was always spoken to respectfully. And any bad or disappointing news Dr. Molinaro reached out personally.
Describe the protocols Thomas Molinaro used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
First IUI- injections Follistim, resulted in live birth. Three years later 2 IUIs with Follistim did not get pregnant First egg retrieval did Follistim and Menapur did not do well on this protocol. Resulted in 3 eggs total and only 1 embryo. Had 9 follicles so it was disappointing. 2nd egg retrieval did a new protocol of Lupron, Follistim, and hCG. That resulted in 10 eggs and 5 embryos. I’m currently doing an unmedicated transfer cycle due to my history of migraines.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
All of my cycles coincided with holidays, starting with IUI #1 around Thanksgiving and extending all the way to St Patrick’s Day! As a result my nurse was frequently out of the office when I needed things. I always knew she was out and she had back up plans. I did talk to a lot of on call nurses and they were all fantastic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are a large operation. Everyone is polite but it’s busy and you may need to travel to get to offices. They are the best but wait times can be long unless you arrive very early to morning monitoring. With the number of people coming and going you do feel a bit like a number during morning sessions and procedures but only based on the number of patients. Doctors and staff are all friendly.
If you got there early you had to wait in line before they open. However it was very organized and most times I was in and out in 30 minutes. Saturdays were the best days to go and Fridays were the worst!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.
I have insurance so most was covered. I only had to pay for no covered expenses like freezing, biopsy, and testing. Through insurance I also had copays and medicine costs.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Nothing wrong, but I did have to ask about test results of my embryo because my nurse was out of office and no one shared the info. It was a small thing but I was waiting a long time and if I didn’t ask for results might have still been waiting!
Thomas Molinaro
Eatontown

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Chu was extremely personable and kind when we went to our initial visit. I do recommend her, but I very rarely spoke to or saw her after the initial consultation. 90% of my interactions were with the nurses and my IUIs, egg retrieval, and monitoring appointments were all with other doctors...My egg retrieval was an antagonist protocol with hcg trigger since my estrogen levels were very high.
I was constantly Googling about medication, scheduling, side effects, etc because the nurses never told me anything in advance or explained why I was being prescribed certain meds or coming in for monitoring...RMA has many locations and opens at 6am, with weekend hours at the Basking Ridge location. You will be going there almost daily during an IUI or IVF cycle, so this is something to keep in mind..I did find myself wanting more information at almost every step of the process, starting with the financial aspect
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Chu was extremely personable and kind when we went to our initial visit. I do recommend her, but I very rarely spoke to or saw her after the initial consultation. 90% of my interactions were with the nurses and my IUIs, egg retrieval, and monitoring appointments were all with other doctors. I am not done with my IVF cycle, so I cannot say whether I had success with her or not, but so far I am happy with results since my egg retrieval did result in healthy embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to reach out to the nurse with questions. Keep in mind that you will likely not interact with Dr. Chu much throughout the process. The upside is that RMA is a very well-oiled machine and the appointments are quick and at convenient times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
I was constantly Googling about medication, scheduling, side effects, etc because the nurses never told me anything in advance or explained why I was being prescribed certain meds or coming in for monitoring. I felt like everything was a mystery until it happened. I was constantly asking questions and begging for information that should have been provided up front.
Describe the protocols Micheline Chu used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Both IUIs were unsuccessful - letrozole + ovidel trigger. My egg retrieval was an antagonist protocol with hcg trigger since my estrogen levels were very high.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I had 2 different nurses during my time at RMA. They communicated regularly because they had to provide almost daily updates while undergoing monitoring. However, I got very little substantive information about why I was receiving certain treatments and how to plan ahead. It was more like, "hi, take this injection tonight. take this pill tomorrow." I want to know why I am being prescribed certain medications, how long I will be on them for, what the next couple weeks look like. I felt like every day was a surprise during my IUI and egg retrieval cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has many locations and opens at 6am, with weekend hours at the Basking Ridge location. You will be going there almost daily during an IUI or IVF cycle, so this is something to keep in mind. I think they are one of the busiest, if not busiest, clinics in NJ. Experience is so important when it comes to certain aspects of fertility treatment. Although it can sometimes feel like a factory, I did find comfort in knowing that the doctor and embryologist had done this so many times before. You want someone who really knows what they are doing when they are making those embryos! I did find myself wanting more information at almost every step of the process, starting with the financial aspect. Initially I had only partial insurance coverage and it was very difficult to get a final dollar amount. We are talking about serious money, yet the financial coordinator would only give very broad estimates. Our main issue was MFI, yet no one encouraged us to see a urologist, nor did they ever bring up different abstinence periods, for example, or the impact of high DNA fragmentation. I had to do my own homework, so be prepared.
Morning monitoring was convenient and generally pretty quick (30 min). On a few occasions, it was very busy but still only about 1 hour total at the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey.
I had excellent IUI/IVF coverage. IUI was only copays. IVF I paid for embryo biopsy and embryo genetic testing out of pocket for a total of approximately $7k. This was optional.
Describe Micheline Chu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
eSET is standard at RMA
Micheline Chu

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Bergh treats you for YOU. He does not try to sync your cycle with his other patients. He makes a plan based on YOUR needs and makes adjustments throughout the cycle as needed...I refused an antagonist protocol, so he creatively figured out something else and it worked...He has a strong preference for a single embryo transfer, and he requires PGT-A testing...Every step of the way, I was under heavy monitoring and I was involved in decisions made. I was able to ask questions and was treated like a knowledgeable human...
RMANJ is a well-oiled machine. Of all the clinics I have worked with/called, which was many, RMANJ is by far the best organized. They are open 24/7 and everyone I have spoken to has been so helpful...She [nurse at RMANJ] was always so calm and reassuring. She was also very patient with me even though I asked her a million questions...He [Dr. Bergh] has a strong preference for a single embryo transfer, and he requires PGT-A testing...
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
I cannot recommend Dr. Bergh enough. Prior to working with Dr. Bergh, I was under the care of a local RE. With the local RE, two retrievals yielded zero embryos for transfer. That clinic told me "that's just the way it is" and wanted to continue treatment without making any adjustments. I then found Dr. Bergh. To work with him, I had to travel to NJ from FL. We decided to do duo-stim in hopes to bank embryos. I won't share numbers here because they can be triggering, but I will share that I was able to bank PGT-A tested embryos from the two retrievals with Dr. Bergh. Every step of the way, I was under heavy monitoring and I was involved in decisions made. I was able to ask questions and was treated like a knowledgeable human. Dr. Bergh did my FET, and I had success. My LO is almost two now, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't thank Dr. Bergh for that. I am currently under Dr. Bergh's care for a second FET. Dr. Bergh is the best!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Bergh will answer them in a calm, non-judgmental manner
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh treats you for YOU. He does not try to sync your cycle with his other patients. He makes a plan based on YOUR needs and makes adjustments throughout the cycle as needed. He is also very personable. At one point during a retrieval cycle, I was worried about something and he got on the phone with me for about 30 minutes until we talked things through and I felt better. When I got pregnant under his care, I was terrified I'd lose the pregnancy. He, again, got on the phone to calm me down and make me feel more secure in my pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Paul Bergh used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
No birth control. I refused an antagonist protocol, so he creatively figured out something else and it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Michaels Senker)
She was always so calm and reassuring. She was also very patient with me even though I asked her a million questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMANJ is a well-oiled machine. Of all the clinics I have worked with/called, which was many, RMANJ is by far the best organized. They are open 24/7 and everyone I have spoken to has been so helpful. They're the best!
Efficient well-oiled machine!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.
We were part of a program that included two retrievals and as many FETs needed for a live, healthy birth.
Describe Paul Bergh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.

2021 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Michael Drews] reviewed our history. Spoke with us candidly about his assessment of our case. He was responsive to questions asked and backed it with evidenced based knowledge. I trust his care. His demeanor and compassionate nature shine through so easily in his personality. I appreciate how he educates his patients. We gleaned so much about reproductive health in the conversations had without him throughout our course of care. No downsides.
Clean, beautiful space. Most if not all testing was done on site [at RMA of New Jersey - Basking Ridge]. Staff were professional, the space was welcoming and clean. The fish tanks were lovely to watch, there was plenty of space, wait time if ever was minimal...Well oiled machine. Morning monitoring was between 6-8am. They'd call early afternoon with your results. Very efficient and staff were kind and professional.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Drews knew was prepared when my husband and I walked in for that first appointment in January 2021. He reviewed our history. Spoke with us candidly about his assessment of our case. He was responsive to questions asked and backed it with evidenced based knowledge. I trust his care. His demeanor and compassionate nature shine through so easily in his personality. I appreciate how he educates his patients. We gleaned so much about reproductive health in the conversations had without him throughout our course of care. No downsides.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Schedule with him! While this ridiculous Rollercoaster of IVF promises that there are no promises, our case was not looking great going into our fourth andnfinal covered retrieval. With the protocol utilized we got 19 eggs retrieved. Only one of which made it to viable embryo stage. We transferred and I'm pregnant now, due in November with our baby. My sister and her wife referred us to him and they'll be celebrating their daughter's first birthday in June. It is hard. To have a doctor as a partner through the process was incredibly helpful!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Drews is versed, attentive, compassionate, and thorough. From the day we met him he thoroughly knew our case and factors that impacted us. The relationship felt professional and personal, as if he genuinely cares for us. He was clear, direct, and provided us with information in a clear and conscientious manner.
Describe the protocols Michael Drews used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Menopur and ganarellix didn't work for me. I was on follistim, estradiol, the PIO shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne Tepper)
Anne was responsive! She was thorough, diligent, attentive, and organized. The voicemails and emails were clear and thorough. She was warm and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clean, beautiful space. Most if not all testing was done on site. Staff were professional, the space was welcoming and clean. The fish tanks were lovely to watch, there was plenty of space, wait time if ever was minimal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
4k for testing. 40 copay when pregnant for each visit thereafter, until graduation. Medications that needed to be compounded off site. Genetic testing duento having Robertsonian translocation.
Describe Michael Drews's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic only transfers 1 embryo at a time. It wasn't really a conversation in our case because I only got one embryo after retrieval #3; and one embryo after retrieval #4.
Michael Drews

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I actually have not met Dr. Bergh, I have only met with his Nurse Practitioner, who has always treated me and my partner with much care...Lauren Nervi is the nurse practitioner taking care of me. I like her, she takes the time to answer all questions me and my partner have ever had...don't be afraid to ask questions, she talks very fast and is very smart, which could possibly feel intimidating but she is very patient.
The RMA team is outstanding, they are professional, gentle, caring, I cannot say enough good things...RMA of NJ does not do multiple embryo transfer, I am ok with that since it can result in twins...The clinic is a well oiled machine/factory. I chose RMA knowing that one does not get a cozy, warm, slow treatment. RMA is to the point, in and out, who's next? When you go for the morning monitoring the doctors go in and out of the exam rooms, and on to the next, and on to the next so quickly; they are attentive and caring but one sees how impersonal the care is.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Like I mentioned before, I have not met Dr. Bergh even though he is my "assigned" doctor. Lauren Nervi is the nurse practitioner taking care of me. I like her, she takes the time to answer all questions me and my partner have ever had.
If you meet Lauren Nervi, don't be afraid to ask questions, she talks very fast and is very smart, which could possibly feel intimidating but she is very patient.
Due to my insurance which follows the NJ State Mandate, I had to do 6 IUI's before my insurance would even consider covering any IVF retrieval. So we did the IUI's, which none worked. We were told by the NP that this was a high possibility due to my age (39) and my egg reserve. Her rationale was let's get the IUI's out of the way so we can get to the IVF, which has a higher chance for the results of a child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jaimie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is a well oiled machine/factory. I chose RMA knowing that one does not get a cozy, warm, slow treatment. RMA is to the point, in and out, who's next? When you go for the morning monitoring the doctors go in and out of the exam rooms, and on to the next, and on to the next so quickly; they are attentive and caring but one sees how impersonal the care is. Personally, I chose this clinic for this reason, I want results, I don't want to waste my time being hand held and being given false hopes, I want results asap. My partner in the other hand would rather have a more intimate setting, I think a smaller practice would give that feeling, however, it is much harder to get appointments in smaller practices.
Well oiled machine with the women being the herd.
The sperm was not covered by my insurance. The IUI's were partially covered. The IVF retrievals are partially covered, all medicine is covered. We're heading towards the 20K spenditure with all things included right now.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Unfortunately, on the first appointment, either the clinic or the lab lost my partner's blood work and somehow switched my blood type. What ended up happening is that they put her bloodwork under mine, so my bloodtype was hers....long story short we both had to go and get our bloodwork re-done.
2021 - 2022, Successful
The care [from Dr. Doherty] was specific to our needs, it’s individualized care tailored to our specific medical problems. Dr.D listened to our thoughts and concerns...he’s very compassionate and he will listen to your questions and concerns, he likes personally call you to check up on you and that to us is genuine care...his compassion and the care he has provided allows us the peace and assurance that he wants the same end goal we do and that’s to have a baby...His approach on a single embryo....
Monitoring [at RMA of New Jersey] was efficient and quick, once you have done it once you know the process, I like the ease of early times to be able to get it done before I went to work or even on the weekends to be able to enjoy my Sat or Sunday...The ease in the communication from beginning of an appointment through out the whole process...Norma [nurse] was amazing the whole process, to answering all my questions, to returning my calls, to messaging and updating the patient portal, to her encouraging well wishes and compassion throughout the process
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Doherty has been great in our experience with our treatment and even though we didn’t get the positive pregnancy, his compassion and the care he has provided allows us the peace and assurance that he wants the same end goal we do and that’s to have a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Don’t hesitate to come and meet, him is great doctor, he’s very compassionate and he will listen to your questions and concerns, he likes personally call you to check up on you and that to us is genuine care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
The care was specific to our needs, it’s individualized care tailored to our specific medical problems. Dr.D listened to our thoughts and concerns and along with the team acknowledged our goal and is helping us in the path to get to that goal.
Describe the protocols Leo Doherty used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For our egg retrieval I was on lupron, ganirelix, gonal f, menopur, and hcg For my frozen transfer I was taking 2 mg twice a day of oral Estrace for about 14 days and 5 days before the transfer I started progesterone in oil, the day of the transfer I had to do a progesterone suppository 1-2 hours prior arriving and drink 10 oz of water 15 mins before arriving to have a full bladder
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Norma)
Norma was amazing the whole process, to answering all my questions, to returning my calls, to messaging and updating the patient portal, to her encouraging well wishes and compassion throughout the process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The ease of the early monitoring hours, made it extremely easy for me to get my blood work and ultrasound done and then head to work, the easy of different locations, office being open even on Sundays for monitor testing, they offer laser acupuncture. The ease in the communication from beginning of an appointment through out the whole process.
Monitoring was efficient and quick, once you have done it once you know the process, I like the ease of early times to be able to get it done before I went to work or even on the weekends to be able to enjoy my Sat or Sunday
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance paid 10,000 and we had to come out of pocket amount 10,077 for the retrieval, the TESE, medications and FET, does not include co pays, hysteroscopy procedure. We met our insurance max and now for our second transfer we had to pay 4,475, not including medications.
Describe Leo Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
His approach on a single embryo versus multiple is it’s a higher risk for the baby and the mother.
Leo Doherty
Somerset

2020 - 2021, Successful
When my husband and I met with Dr. Osman for a consult, we felt heard and understood. She reviewed our history in depth... I left the consult feeling extremely hopeful, which I haven’t felt in a long time or felt at other local fertility practices. I loved that I could directly email her with any questions I had. She would always promptly answer...Dr. Osman suggested we genetically test the embryos due to our history of recurrent miscarriages....
After experiencing other fertility clinics, I truly appreciate RMA and how they run things. I’ve never had a negative interaction with any of the staff at RMA Marlton. You’re assigned your own nurse so you have a main contact person throughout your time there, who can be reached by email or phone. RMA also has a patient portal, which I frequently went on. They upload your bloodwork results, ultrasound images, med instructions, appointment reminders on the portal. This was the first fertility facility I went to where you had access to these results.
How was your experience with Emily Osman at RMA of New Jersey?
I’ve been struggling with infertility for about three years. When my husband and I met with Dr. Osman for a consult, we felt heard and understood. She reviewed our history in depth. Then, we thoroughly discussed treatment options (IUIs, IVF), what it would look like, and realistic outcomes. She never pushed one treatment more than an other. She simply presented the facts. She understood we needed to feel comfortable with the decision. I left the consult feeling extremely hopeful, which I haven’t felt in a long time or felt at other local fertility practices. I loved that I could directly email her with any questions I had. She would always promptly answer - sometimes late at night. This type of open, direct communication provided me comfort and made this infertility journey so much easier.
She is amazing and you’ll be in good hands! If you ever feel unsure or have any questions regarding your treatment, email her. She’ll respond back promptly and put your mind at ease.
Dr. Osman has excellent bedside manner. She is an extremely compassionate and understanding doctor. She’s always made me feel heard throughout this journey. She comforted me while I was scared and nervous in the OR for my egg retrieval. She understood how I felt “all the feels” during my embryo transfer. The journey itself is an emotional roller coaster but she’s been supportive and empathetic through the ups and downs.
Dr. Osman recommended IUIs or IVF. The past fertility clinics I went to recommended natural cycle monitoring since I was able to get pregnant but not sustain a pregnancy. Dr. Osman immediately said that she didn’t recommend this approach since it did not lead me to a successful pregnancy. After doing more bloodwork, she saw there was an elevated level in my lupus anticoagulant panel. She recommended I go see a hematologist due to this level and my previous bloodwork results from other practices. After meeting with the hematologist, that doctor and Dr. Osman communicated and agreed that Lovenox injections along with daily baby aspirin would be needed when pregnant. She suggested IUIs and IVF. Initially, I was intimidated with IVF due the process. We decided to do 2 IUIs and if it didn’t work - then we would move forward to IVF. We knew we had a small chance to become pregnant through IUI so we weren’t surprised when the 2 IUIs didn’t work out. When we decided to go through with IVF, we met with Dr. Osman again to review the plan in depth. She answered all my questions thoroughly. Dr. Osman recommended genetically testing the embryos due to our history of recurrent miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
Tori is phenomenal! She is always thorough with her directions and what to expect next. She is understanding and compassionate. I loved that I could directly email or call her whenever a question popped in my head. She truly made this journey smoother and easier. Beth did both the med teach (stims and PIO shots) for my husband. She was reassuring and made the injections not seem as intimidating.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has convenient morning monitoring hours from 6:00-8:30am. This was helpful during the week since I could stop by right before work. Certain days, especially the weekends, it will get busy but it’s very well-run
Insurance covered the majority of the costs - except genetic testing of the embryos and storage fee.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Costantini is an excellent doctor. She took time to listen to all my questions/concerns, provide feedback and recommendation when needed. She always made herself available to me when I had any questions/concerns. She ensure I was always prepared and knew every step from beginning to end...her enthusiasm is contagious....
[RMA of New Jersey] morning monitoring was from the hours of 6 am-8:30 am. Although at times it was packed, I didn't have to wait long because they are very efficient with time...They also have a new app that makes appt and getting result, medication doses easier...I love how organized they are...They [nurses] were all great. Always available when needed, great bedside manner...
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
I love being a patient of Dr. Costantini. She was a great doctor during both of my times doing IVF. Because of her and her team, I have an 18month old baby girl and a boy on the way. She takes the time to listen to you and explain everything in detail and in a manner that you will understand. She is very caring and polite and I never had any discomfort while seeing her. Additionally, her enthusiasm is contagious.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
If you live in the area and are able to see Dr. Costantini, go for it. You will not regret it. During a difficult time like this, you want a doctor that cares for her patients. You need someone that will listen to you and all your concern, someone that will answer your concern and make you feel at ease. You want someone that will brighten your mood. She is that person
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Costantini is an excellent doctor. She took time to listen to all my questions/concerns, provide feedback and recommendation when needed. She always made herself available to me when I had any questions/concerns. She ensure I was always prepared and knew every step from beginning to end, as that helps me calm down (the more I know the less worried I get). She always took time to see how I was doing and speak to me like a person and not just another patient.
Describe the protocols Maria Costantini-Ferrando used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don't remember the medication or all the steps but here is what I remember. My first treatment was put on estri, then I started some of the hormonal shots (2 per day). I had to go about 3 times a week for morning monitoring (blood work and ultrasounds). Once my body was ready for retrieval, I was given something but can't recall. I had my first retrieval (12 eggs). However of the 12, only 6 were matured eggs, only 4 were fertilized, and after the genetic testing, only 3 were good and frozen (2 boys and 1 girl). Since I wanted to have a girl, Dr. Costantini recommended I do another retrieval to have another girl egg as sometimes the first egg might not take so to be on the safe side, we should have at least 2 eggs. I did the process again and on the second retrieval, I had 19 eggs; however, only 8 were mature eggs, 4 were fertilized and after the genetic testing only 1 (girl egg) was good and then frozen. I don't recall the process again for the transfer, i believe it had estri again and then the progesterone shots. When I did the transfer, instead of choosing, we had them use the best egg grade and when they implanted, she ask if we wanted to know the sex, and it was a girl. I continued my monitoring morning visits with her, which resulted in a positive pregnancy and I saw her all the way until I was released back to my GYN (just when I was about to be 3 months). A year after giving birth, we started the transfer again and now I'm pregnant with a boy due February 2022. Both transfer time were successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine Zezza and Bridget pecora for the second time around)
They were all great. Always available when needed, great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I love how organized they are. During morning monitoring there is a lot of patient being seen and because of their organization's skill, you don't end up waiting longer to be seen. During my second time around, because of covid, my partner couldn't be with me but that has nothing to do with the clinic. For the second time around, they moved floors and the second location is even better. They also have a new app that makes appt and getting result, medication doses easier (loved it)
morning monitoring was from the hours of 6 am-8:30 am. Although at times it was packed, I didn't have to wait long because they are very efficient with time. Only once and that was the second time around during covid I waited a while. I recall they were having technology issues, no music, and less staff so it was an offset day for them that day
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.
I'm lucky to say that I work for Planned Parenthood and their insurance is great. It covers the majority of the cost except for the copayment and genetic testing (I believed it was 4200 for 10eggs). Most of the medicine were also cover but for a few I had to pay a littleless than $20
Describe Maria Costantini-Ferrando's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
No, I prefer the single embryo as its less risky

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Osman always sat down and patiently answered all of my questions and addresses all of my concerns. I was an active participant in my care. She is an incredibly empowering provider...She was very emotionally available. She was flexible and was able to adjust course with my own life changes and changes in goals and desires for my plan....
The front desk staff [at RMA of New Jersey] was lovely, the office was clean, and the wait times were short. The nurses, phlebotomists (especially Melissa!), and other staff made my time at the office enjoyable...Tori [nurse] is like another Dr. Osman. She is brilliant, kind, and compassionate. She is very experienced...I was an active participant in my care...
How was your experience with Emily Osman at RMA of New Jersey?
This is sensitive and delicate stuff. No one understands that better than Dr. Osman. She was very emotionally available. She was flexible and was able to adjust course with my own life changes and changes in goals and desires for my plan.
Voice your concerns! She cares and wants to address them.
When I went to Dr. Osman I had been trying to conceive for 6 months with my husband d with timed intercourse and had tried 2 cycles of low dose letrozole with my OB provider. I had a known diagnosis of PCOS. During the consult Emily educated me thoroughly of all of the possible avenues I could take to get to my baby. That first visit she made me feel extremely comfortable and it felt like a weight was lifted. We did an HSG and SIS (Hayley the NP did my SIS and she was very good and is brilliant). We discovered a 1 cm uterine polyp. Dr. Osman did my hysteroscopic polyp removal and my recovery was a breeze. After this I decided to take a few months off due to life changes. When I resumed treatment, we started with letrozole and the ovidrel trigger shot. This cycle ended up being unsuccessful and I had terrible side effects with the letrozole. Dr. Osman compassionately offered to go back to the lower dose of letrozole for the next cycle. When I went in for an ultrasound, we noticed my follicles weee regressing on the lower dose. At this point she sat down with me and talked about the possibility of starting injectable’s, since she didn’t want me to have to experience the negative side effects again. She mentioned this would require more frequent visits, which she knew was hard for me because I live far from the office and have a tough work schedule. She mentioned that we could redose back to the higher dose of letrozole, but did not pressure me into this at all. I felt empowered to make my own decision. I was desperate and devastated that my body wasn’t responding and said that I wanted to try the higher dose of letrozole again since we had originally seen good follicle development with that. I also said at this point I wanted to try IUI instead of timed intercourse because I was getting worried about how long this would take my body. I had much fewer side effects this time around on the letrozole and she was sure to check in with me during this time to make sure that I was OK. After the redose and IUI, I had a positive pregnancy test 2 weeks later :).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Tori)
Tori is like another Dr. Osman. She is brilliant, kind, and compassionate. She is very experienced. I loved working with her!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk staff was lovely, the office was clean, and the wait times were short. The nurses, phlebotomists (especially Melissa!), and other staff made my time at the office enjoyable, which was important to me at such a fragile season of my life.
2019 - 2021, Successful
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Our experience with Dr. Rybak was great. He always was willing to answer questions, address anything I had read, and provide his candid thoughts. I especially liked that while he always had a recommendation, he also always gave us his rationale behind the recommendation. The tweaks he made to my injection protocol between egg retrievals worked fantastically. We got nearly 5x as many genetically normal embryos during the second retrieval than the first. When we suffered a miscarriage he was willing to do additional testing that I had read about and was very accommodating, understanding, and reassuring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions because Dr. Rybak is more than willing to answer!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Rybak took the time to get to know my husband and I. He called each time we got bad news so we could hash out a plan. He also took the time to explain what changes may be made and answer all of our questions. When he was my doctor during morning monitoring he always knew all the details of my case and greeted me warmly. He even called to wish us happy holidays.
Describe the protocols Eli Rybak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did two egg retrievals and three transfers. The first egg retrieval used menopur & follistim to stimulate the follicles and then used ganirelix to delay ovulation. The cycle was successful and resulted in 4 genetically normal 5 day embryos. The first transfer was an FET using estrogen suppositories and progesterone injections. It resulted in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. For our second egg retrieval, we adjusted the protocol but lowering the dosage of stimulants but using them for slightly longer. This resulted in around 20 genetically normal 5 day embryos! - we were thrilled. We then did two more FETs that were unsuccessful with the same protocol as before. We had discussed tweaking the FET protocol during our next cycle (using stim injections), however I ended up getting pregnant spontaneously prior to restarting treatment. Dr. Rybak continued to monitor the spontaneous pregnancy until we graduated to the OBGYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Robinson)
Sarah was a joy to work with. I felt she was very invested in our treatment and getting it to work. She always called with good news or bad news so that we didn't find out via email. She was also extremely responsive and would answer any of my questions. I happen to love statistics and she even proactively sent me some new studies she had learned about through her training . She said when they were presented to the nursing staff she was thinking of me. I really appreciated it.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a well oiled machine. I appreciated the expertise and relative efficiency of the clinic. However if you want to go to a clinic where you're only seeing your doctor this isn't the place for you. At RMA, you have a local office that you go to for early morning monitoring. There are typically 1-2 doctors doing monitoring in the morning and 1-2 phlebotomists taking your blood. Everyone was very nice but also understandably busy. For procedures you go to their central facility in Basking Ridge and you may or may not have your doctor doing the procedure. Everyone was very friendly, compassionate, and efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey.
We are very lucky to have Progyny fertility insurance so everything was covered with the exception of embryo storage.
Eli Rybak
Englewood

Dr. Constantini has a very comforting demeanor. She is humble but definitely knows what she is talking about. Her knowledge is evident when she speaks and truly makes you feel like you’re in good hands. Because it is such a large clinic with multiple locations, Dr. C does not perform all of her patients IUIs, which is unfortunate. However, she does perform the IVF procedures and is always available for communication. One more than one occasion we have been able to request in person and telephone visits and seen her within 24-48 hours!
[The nurse at RMA of New Jersey] is very sweet. She isn’t afraid to hold back her personal experiences to make you more comfortable...IVF treatment at this facility is pricey at roughly $38 K so that is a negative for me...responds very quickly to initial inquiries. Everyone is knowledgeable in their specific areas. Upon initial consult, you get your own financial advisor so you know specifically how to get information regards loans, payments, insurance, etc. The front desk staff are always super nice and helpful!
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Be open minded! Dr. Constantini cares about each of her patients and tries to obtain pregnancies without compromising your health. The medication cycles aren’t as aggressive as other doctors, however the goal is the same.
Dr. Constantini and her team of nurses are always available to answer any questions that I have. I never feel rushed and always get their utmost attention. In situations where I have seemed overwhelmed, the nurses have never hesitated to have Dr. C call me herself!
IUI 1 and 2 Letrozole & Trigger - NEG IUI 3 - Follistim & Trigger - POS but Chem IUI 4 - Follistim & Trigger - NEG IUI 5 - TBD
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Julie Cochrane)
Julie Cochrane is very sweet. She isn’t afraid to hold back her personal experiences to make you more comfortable. She hears you out and provides professional advice. She can be difficult to contact via telephone, but responds very quickly via email!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA of NJ Englewood responds very quickly to initial inquiries. Everyone is knowledgeable in their specific areas. Upon initial consult, you get your own financial advisor so you know specifically how to get information regards loans, payments, insurance, etc. The front desk staff are always super nice and helpful!
My IUIs were covered under my insurance so I paid copays of $50 per visit. IVF treatment at this facility is pricey at roughly $38 K so that is a negative for me.

2019 - 2020, Consult
[Dr. Melissa Yih has a] Strong preference for single embryo transfer...She was flexible in scheduling and was kind, patient, and thorough when we met... We have embryos from our previous IVF round and were looking for someone to manage our upcoming embryo transfer. Dr. Yih was very flexible in scheduling our consultation appointment due to our work schedule and distance we needed to travel. During our appointment she was very kind and thorough. She reviewed our medical history and explained what the next steps could look like. We left feeling very comfortable and well informed.
Our insurance does not cover infertility. Our consultation [at RMA of New Jersey] was approximately $200 and our initial testing (blood/saline sonogram) was approximately $1,000...Overall the building and office is very nice. The staff were courteous and welcoming. Scheduling was easy and flexible. My visit was efficient and ran smoothly. All of the tests were conducted as they said they would be and we didn't run into any problems.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
We came to Dr. Yih because our previous doctor, Dr. Kaser, moved to California. We have embryos from our previous IVF round and were looking for someone to manage our upcoming embryo transfer. Dr. Yih was very flexible in scheduling our consultation appointment due to our work schedule and distance we needed to travel. During our appointment she was very kind and thorough. She reviewed our medical history and explained what the next steps could look like. We left feeling very comfortable and well informed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
We really don't have anything to recommend other than schedule an appointment and go meet her! (and ask to have Jen as your nurse)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
She was flexible in scheduling and was kind, patient, and thorough when we met.
Describe the protocols Melissa Yih used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We have not begun the embryo transfer cycle yet. I will update when we begin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen Graeves)
Words can't explain how amazing my nurse, Jen G., has been. She is an extremely talented and efficient communicator. She is kind and compassionate and will be your advocate when needed. When choosing a doctor to use after our doctor moved to another state, my decision really hinged on whether Jen could be my nurse again. She is really that amazing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.
Our insurance does not cover infertility. Our consultation was approximately $200 and our initial testing (blood/saline sonogram) was approximately $1,000.
Describe Melissa Yih's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer.
Melissa Yih
Hamilton (closed)

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Bergh did not rush through my initial appointment and also agreed to perform my egg retrieval even though he was not the doctor on schedule for the day. He called to check on me after the retrieval and spent a lot of time on the phone explaining the results, etc. ... Dr. Bergh is very direct in his delivery, but also very kind and helpful. He genuinely wants to help you have a family.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh did not rush through my initial appointment and also agreed to perform my egg retrieval even though he was not the doctor on schedule for the day. He called to check on me after the retrieval and spent a lot of time on the phone explaining the results, etc. While I do not email with him directly and have not been going to Basking Ridge for scans (too far to drive), I feel like he has been on top of my case since the beginning.
Come prepared to your initial appointment with all your questions ready to go.
Dr. Bergh is very direct in his delivery, but also very kind and helpful. He genuinely wants to help you have a family. In my initial consultation with him, he spent over an hour speaking to me, answering my questions, showing me statistics, etc. I never once felt rushed or like he was tired of my questions. He also made sure to call me the day of my egg retrieval (after the procedure) and was so supportive and empathetic to my situation. I did not achieve the desired result, but he was able to explain why and he helped boost me up and made me feel like he's a member of my team.
We are currently doing a back to back cycle (two stims phases right after each other). We had a luteal phase start for my first cycle with an egg retrieval. Now I will have a week off and will likely jump right back in to a stim cycle. I have low ovarian reserve and my egg quality is also poor, so the thought is this protocol will help jumpstart the follicle development and hopefully the better quality eggs will mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nicole S)
Nicole is a dream come true! I have been to other REs and the nursing staff is usually so busy and overwhelmed they don't have much time to discuss treatment etc. Nicole responds to all emails within a day and usually calls as well in case any questions arise from her explanations. She is extremely compassionate, empathetic and helpful. It is clear she is in constant contact with Dr. Bergh and discussed all concerns directly with the doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The best thing is that the clinic has remained open during the covid-19 pandemic. RMA has a large network of offices in NJ so you can go to morning monitoring at any location. The Englewood office seems to be very slow at times for the bloodwork and ultrasound in the morning. In fairness, they do thoroughly disinfect after each patient and it adds to the wait time. I usually receive a call before noon with my results and instructions. Overall, RMA is very well organized and nothing is left to doubt.
Morning monitoring in Basking Ridge was efficient. Given the pandemic, weekend hours have been extended until 11 am. Those with a last name at the beginning of the alphabet were seen before 9 am and those at the end of the alphabet were seen between 9 am and 11 am. During the week I went to Englewood for monitoring hours. The team was less efficient and while they try to take people on a first come basis, it doesn't always work out that way. It can be frustrating to wait 40 minutes when there are only 5 patients in the office. Again, this may be due to the extra measures being taken for covid-19.
Still undergoing treatment so final costs have not been determined. I do have coverage for treatment under my husband's insurance policy, but had to pay a $4000 co-pay prior to starting the cycle.
Basking Ridge

She [Dr. Shefali Shastri] tends to talk fast and passionately. Make sure you come prepared with questions and take notes so you do not miss anything...has excellent bedside manner and always gave us personalized attention during our visits. She made us feel comfortable with the treatment, answered questions, and acknowledged us with a warm hello anytime she saw us waiting in the office in between appointments.
Underwent IUI cycle [at RMA of New Jersey]...[The nurse] can come across as too direct at times. Communication is timely, responsive to phone and email messages, and makes sure that questions are promptly answered...They have a quick and easy sign in process including biometrics. They have set time windows for routine testing appointments which is efficient. Weekend hours and a team to backup the primary doctor are available. Weekends tend to be busy so it is important to make sure you go early in the window to avoid waiting. The very first time we tried to get an appointment with RMA, we were given incorrect information about requiring a referral. This did cause us to waste a few weeks. However, they did apologize and address their staff training when we brought it to their attention. They usually have breakfast items available for their early morning appointments which is a nice touch. Also have info on support groups and offer a free therapy session which is helpful.
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
We really like Dr. Shastri and highly recommend her. She is very knowledgeable and comfortable explaining the different treatment options and protocols available. We appreciate that while she is warm and approachable, Dr. Shastri is also direct and does not set unrealistically high expectations. She clearly explained the expected success rates and how they might relate to our particular situation. Her matter-of-fact approach and answers to our detailed questions worked well for us; however we understand that they may not be for everyone.
She tends to talk fast and passionately. Make sure you come prepared with questions and take notes so you do not miss anything.
Dr. Shefali M. Shastri has excellent bedside manner and always gave us personalized attention during our visits. She made us feel comfortable with the treatment, answered questions, and acknowledged us with a warm hello anytime she saw us waiting in the office in between appointments.
Underwent IUI cycle. Protocol used was: (1) Day 3 baseline ultrasound and blood work (2) Daily Follistim / Gonal-F injection starting Day 3 (3) Day 7 ultrasound and blood work (4) Ovidrel trigger at night (5) Two consecutive days of IUI following Ovidrel trigger (6) Progesterone test 7 days after IUI, followed by progesterone suppository if needed (7) Pregnancy test blood work 14 days after IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lynette Cardona)
Can come across as too direct at times. Communication is timely, responsive to phone and email messages, and makes sure that questions are promptly answered.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA (both Basking Ridge and Springfield) locations are clean and organized. They have a quick and easy sign in process including biometrics. They have set time windows for routine testing appointments which is efficient. Weekend hours and a team to backup the primary doctor are available. Weekends tend to be busy so it is important to make sure you go early in the window to avoid waiting. The very first time we tried to get an appointment with RMA, we were given incorrect information about requiring a referral. This did cause us to waste a few weeks. However, they did apologize and address their staff training when we brought it to their attention. They usually have breakfast items available for their early morning appointments which is a nice touch. Also have info on support groups and offer a free therapy session which is helpful.
Not applicable
Basking Ridge

Dr. Gulati was very kind and compassionate. We only saw her in person a handful of times as at RMA there are different doctors each morning for monitoring...IVF with ICSI would be the most successful route...[she] went ahead with the IUI for us knowing our financial limitations. She then found a study that we were able to be a part of to avoid out of pocket costs and we will forever be grateful and thankful.
I don’t think I could have gotten through this process without my nurse. She was amazing, caring, thorough, kind, etc. At RMA you are in daily communication with your nurse over your Doctor and Nicole just made the process easier to understand...has a pretty strong policy of only allowing ESET and will not allow you to transfer multiples...I was able to get monitoring done and then get myself to work in NYC every morning.
How was your experience with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Gulati was very kind and compassionate. We only saw her in person a handful of times as at RMA there are different doctors each morning for monitoring and we went to their headquarters for our actual procedures. When we saw her during consultation and diagnosis she answered all questions and was calm and supportive while I was hysterically crying in her office. We then spoke to her a couple times via phone during the course of our treatment. I do wish there was some type of check in appointment every month or so just to feel that connection with your actual Doctor vs the nurse but I feel like if I had asked they would have arranged it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
Don’t expect her to be holding your hand through the entire process- you’ll be doing that with your assigned nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rita Gulati at RMA of New Jersey?
I definitely felt like a human while being treated. It’s easy to feel like a number though during monitoring but the phlebotomists were always very kind.
Describe the protocols Rita Gulati used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We originally were told that IVF with ICSI would be the most successful route for us but unfortunately our insurance did not cover this process without trying IUI a few times beforehand. Dr. Gulati went ahead with the IUI for us knowing our financial limitations. She then found a study that we were able to be a part of to avoid out of pocket costs and we will forever be grateful and thankful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Baumert )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I had a great experience at RMA West Orange. We were usually one of the first couples to arrive so didn’t often have to wait super long. Obviously there were some mornings where a staff member had called out or something or the sort and things got backed up but there was always room in the waiting room (I had read about some places having lines out the door during monitoring and I was always fearful of this). I was able to get monitoring done and then get myself to work in NYC every morning.
Describe Rita Gulati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has a pretty strong policy of only allowing ESET and will not allow you to transfer multiples.
Rita Gulati
West Orange

Dr. Fischer fully explained the treatments that were available to us, guided us on the probability of conception through IUI vs IVF, and never pushed us towards a specific treatment. (we decided on IVF due to the higher probability that we would conceive...[she] was able to perform both my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. She also performed my last 2 ultrasounds at RMA after I was pregnant
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Since my first consultation with Dr. Fischer, which was virtual due to the COVID pandemic, I immediately liked her and felt I could trust her 100%. Her knowledge and compassion were extremely evident. She was very reassuring and she was the first doctor who diagnosed me with PCOS at the age of 34. For most of my adult life, I tried to tell my doctors that I felt that something was "off," but I felt that my doctors never really listened to me and brushed aside my symptoms. Within the first 5 minutes of my first conversation with Dr. Fischer, she was able to diagnose me with PCOS, which was one of the factors of our infertility. It was both reassuring and upsetting for me, and Dr. Fischer displayed so much compassion and gave my husband and me hope that we could conceive with fertility treatments. Dr. Fischer fully explained the treatments that were available to us, guided us on the probability of conception through IUI vs IVF, and never pushed us towards a specific treatment. (we decided on IVF due to the higher probability that we would conceive.) I was also so happy that Dr. Fischer was able to perform both my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. She also performed my last 2 ultrasounds at RMA after I was pregnant, which I was also happy about! I would definitely recommend Dr. Fischer- she is warm, compassionate, funny, and very knowledgeable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
While RMA tries to help the patient with exploring treatment options and costs involved, make sure you do your own research and contact your insurance company to find out what is covered!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Fischer absolutely treated me as a human, but at times, the clinic itself felt like a "baby factory." I have absolutely zero criticisms of Dr. Fischer though! She is wonderful.
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
My husband and I decided to pursue IVF rather than try IUI first. The success rate of IVF was much higher for us, and we didn't want to wait any longer! I have PCOS and my husband also has an infertility factor having to do with his sperm (low morphology and motility,) and Dr. Fischer felt that we would be very successful with IVF. I did one cycle of ovarian stimulation injections for IVF. The embryos were biopsied and tested for genetic abnormalities (PGS testing.) Turns out my IVF cycle was very successful- we created 25 embryos and we decided to test 12. Amazingly, 11 of the 12 embryos were viable! The embryos were then frozen, and I had my embryo transfer a little over a month after my egg retrieval. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne)
The nurse assigned to me was always prompt with returning my phone calls and calling me to give medication instructions during my cycles. I really can't criticize too much, however, I felt that she didn't always communicate certain things to me. I felt that I had to ask a lot of questions in order to get all of the information I needed. For example, there are certain restrictions you have before and after egg retrieval as well as after the embryo transfer (i.e. what to avoid doing, such as exercising.) I felt that my nurse wasn't fully forthcoming with some of that information, so I researched a lot online, then asked her questions to confirm. At times I felt a little rushed during our calls as well. Also, when I spoke with other nurses that covered for my nurse when she was off, I felt that they spent more time with me on the phone, I didn't feel rushed, and they were more detailed about my treatments, what to expect, side effects, what to avoid, etc. So I think it really depends on which nurse is assigned to you and whether you will have a more positive experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
There were only a handful of times that I had to wait for my appointments. I think RMA does a great job of prioritizing the patients who come in regularly for morning monitoring (for blood work and/or ultrasounds) which is great because you have to go so frequently! Most of the doctors were great as well- I did not see my assigned doctor at every visit- I would see the doctor who was performing the ultrasounds that morning. (Dr. Margolis and Dr. Maguire were great!) I only had 2 bad experiences during ultrasounds- one doctor was kind of aggressive during an US during egg stimulation which was very painful, and another nurse practitioner was very insensitive to me when she found a sub-chorionic bump on my first US after I was pregnant, which scared me. There are times when you feel like "just a number," but overall, I had a good experience at RMA.
The hours for monitoring are very early in the morning, which was fine with me because it worked well with my work schedule. I barely ever had to wait for blood work or ultrasound. I think there were maybe 3-4 times when I had to wait longer than usual.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.
I was fortunate that my insurance covered all of the IVF procedures and most of my medications (or I had a small co-pay.) However, we still had out of pocket costs. If you pursue IVF, insurance does not cover embryo biopsy or genetic testing. You also have to pay a fee for each embryo you decide to test (I believe it was $200 per embryo.) You also have to pay out of pocket for cryopreservation, and you have to continue to pay an annual fee to keep them stored. I had a couple of other bills for one of my test procedures and for anesthesia during egg retrieval. In all, we spent a little over $6,000 for IVF.
Describe Catha Fischer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
RMA highly recommends single embryo transfer, which we were 100% fine with.
Catha Fischer

2014 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Morris was always conservative in selecting single embryo transfer because of the high likelihood for success in our case...has always taken an interest in who we are personally and established a relationship with us as peers. She is genuinely happy or sad for us as we went through the ups and downs of fertility treatment.
[our RMA of NJ nurse] was so helpful during this last round of IVF especially as it took place during the pandemic. I continue to update her on my pregnancy and go to her for questions/concerns such as the vaccine and its use in pregnancy...It is very regimented which I prefer but some others may not like. It is a large operation that works like a well pulled machine and I felt comfortable in that but understand that some others prefer a cozy tight nit feel.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris is extremely knowledgeable and up to date with current research and best practices. We went back to her to have all 3 of our children and grew such a lovely personal relationship. She always wants to know how our family is doing and to see pictures of our children.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
I think some may view her as a bit clinical but I think if given time to build rapport she is a lovely person who is very caring and devoted to her patients and their families.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris has always taken an interest in who we are personally and established a relationship with us as peers. She is genuinely happy or sad for us as we went through the ups and downs of fertility treatment.
Describe the protocols Jamie Morris used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We had 3 failed IUI attempts. We became pregnant on our first IVF cycle that was part of a research study. It involved PGS testing and transfer of a single frozen embryo. We had two failed frozen transfers about 1-2 years later and repeated repeated retrieval and had success with the first frozen PGS tested transfer that cycle. Finally 2 years later we had success with the transfer of a frozen embryo selected for the sex.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
Joyce was so helpful during this last round of IVF especially as it took place during the pandemic. I continue to update her on my pregnancy and go to her for questions/concerns such as the vaccine and its use in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe Jamie Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Morris was always conservative in selecting single embryo transfer because of the high likelihood for success in our case. She explained her reasoning and methodology and clearly wanted to achieve a healthy and lasting pregnancy and baby.
Jamie Morris