Michael Bohrer

Short Hills (closed)
636 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078
973-258-4081

Monitoring in the morning was fairly efficient, but there were times I waited 30-45 min to get seen...RMA is definitely a mega-clinic, and you will see a rotating mix of doctors. However, I found that at my satellite office, it really had a smaller office feel. I started to get to know the other RE’s there, and the staff knew my name...[the nurse] She always responded to my calls and emails quickly, and escalated issues to Dr. Doherty appropriately
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Doherty did my initial work up, and was very thorough with the diagnostic phase of treatment. He preformed a hysteroscopy to remove my adhesions, and I had no complications from that procedure. He made sure I had all my questions answered before and after. Due to my age and insurance coverage, we decided to jump right into IVF. He managed my cycle and I could not have had a better outcome. I was at risk for OHSS, but thanks to Dr. Doherty, I did not experience that side effect. When it came time to do my frozen transfer, my lining was a bit thin. I know some RE’s won’t transfer if it’s <7 mm, but Dr. Doherty felt we should go for it. I’m so glad I trusted his instincts because it worked!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust him and the team at RMA. Everything they do is evidenced based, and their results speak for themselves.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Doherty completely put my husband and I at ease after our first visit. He gave us hope and made us feel like he could help us meet our goals. His optimism honestly got me through during tough moments. He always asked me how I was doing and handling things, and called me whenever I needed anything.
Describe the protocols Leo Doherty used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Stim Cycle- Antagonist protocol with Menopur, Gonal-f, Ganirelix, and a Lupron trigger (due to risk for OHSS).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Reynaga)
Jennifer was very caring, proactive and thorough. She always responded to my calls and emails quickly, and escalated issues to Dr. Doherty appropriately. I knew I was in good hands when she called me before I even got home from my HSG (that I had to do in Basking Ridge) just to check on how I was doing. Jennifer was always clear in her instructions and really made the IVF process as easy as possible. I felt lucky to have Jennifer for my nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is definitely a mega-clinic, and you will see a rotating mix of doctors. However, I found that at my satellite office, it really had a smaller office feel. I started to get to know the other RE’s there, and the staff knew my name. Every RE I encountered was compassionate, while also clearly very skilled at what they do. While there are drawbacks to such a big practice, everything at RMA is first class and the highest quality fertility care available. There is a reason their results are so good.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring in the morning was fairly efficient, but there were times I waited 30-45 min to get seen. That said, I liked the flexibility of showing up when it was convenient for me. I also appreciated that I did not need time off of work for monitoring, which made it a lot easier to manage so many appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey.
Most of my treatment was covered by insurance, so I had a reasonable fee for my care. However, I did elect to pay for PGT-A out of pocket since my insurance does not cover it. That was $1700 + 300/embryo. For the cash or pre-insurance negotiated prices, It was about $15,000 for the IVF cycle and $4,300 for the transfer cycle, plus the cost of medications.
Describe Leo Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I already knew RMA providers prefer to do eSET, and this was aligned to my preference as a patient.
Somerset

The entire staff [at RMA of NJ] is so sweet and kind to work with. The monitoring hours are early but this is to ensure the best care during treatment...Hillary [nurse] was amazing and always took time even on her days off to make sure I was comfortable during my more anxious appointments. She has a calming demeanor and a great bed side manner...All the nurses here are amazing and helped me out so much during the process. They did a med teach for me and we’re so kind calm and sweet as I was so nervous about the injections
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
At every sonogram Dr. Franasiak took time out of his busy schedule (even a minute or 2) just to ask how I was doing and always made sure to ask if I had any questions. This extra minute meant the world to me going through treatment because I felt like a human with concerns a say in my treatment, not a number. He explained the process in terms I could understand and thoroughly explained my recommended diagnostic testing and treatment plan. He also considered the number of children I wanted so that my son (provided by RMANJ under his care) could have a sibling which was important to me. Even after my HSG (which I was insanely nervous about) and egg retrieval he called me to see how I was feeling and made sure I was doing OK.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Stay hopeful, keep trying and take care of yourself mentally during the process. Give yourself grace for scheduling an appointment and taking the next step to achieving your dreams. RMANJ has great statistics so do your research and stay strong. It’s ok to feel all the feelings that come with infertility but take care of yourself and give your self grace during the journey because it can be stressful!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Jason M. Franasiak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I used menopur primarily because it was cheaper and gonal f. My trigger was lupron and I retrieved 14 eggs. 7 fertilized 4 embryos made it to blast and 3 were texted normal with PGD testing. I have 3 4BB embryos one of which resulted in my son Ken. I did a frozen embryo transfer with a natural cycle so no PIO injections just suppositories. My testing was all normal it was just that my husband did not have a lot of sperm so this was the recommended treatment plan. I chose not to do IUIs because the success rates with IVF were so much better and it was hard getting my husband to come into the office
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Hillary Silva)
Hillary was amazing and always took time even on her days off to make sure I was comfortable during my more anxious appointments. She has a calming demeanor and a great bed side manner. She is the best nurse to work with in infertility as I was so stressed the entire time. All the nurses here are amazing and helped me out so much during the process. They did a med teach for me and we’re so kind calm and sweet as I was so nervous about the injections
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA statistically and personally the best fertility clinic out there. The entire staff is so sweet and kind to work with. The monitoring hours are early but this is to ensure the best care during treatment and so worth it looking back.
Monitoring here is very quick and easy. Blood draws and sonograms are great. Front desk is so kind
Describe Jason M. Franasiak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We did a single embryo transfer as multiple are not allowed and I did a fresh transfer because my cycles are normal. I had a beautiful lining with a beautiful transfer that resulted in my son Ken. He was a 4 BB embryo
Marlton

I didn’t see her [Dr. Susan Treiser] much, but she answered all my questions and went over treatment protocol thoroughly. She called me to personally deliver good and bad news. I didn’t mind having egg retrievals done by other doctors, but I liked that she was the one who did my embryo transfer...She will answer everything and always call you back if it’s something your nurse can’t answer.
Morning monitoring can be busy [at RMA of NJ - Somerset] so make sure you have the time to wait...They’re very organized and clean. Every doctor and nurse I came into contact with was great...[nurse was] Organized, communicative, responsive, compassionate, always kept me in the loop. Fantastic experience
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I didn’t see her much, but she answered all my questions and went over treatment protocol thoroughly. She called me to personally deliver good and bad news. I didn’t mind having egg retrievals done by other doctors, but I liked that she was the one who did my embryo transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She could be brief at times so if you have additional questions or want more clarification, don’t hesitate to ask. She will answer everything and always call you back if it’s something your nurse can’t answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She called me personally with both good and bad news
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
1 microdose Lupron and added in Follistim and menopur. 3 cycles beginning with clomid and added in Follistim and Menopur. All resulted in around 11-12 eggs retrieved, most would fertilize, but I was having trouble reaching blastocyst stage and then getting chromosomally normal blasts. The last cycle all 5 blasts came back normal and first transfer was successful. Clomid seemed to help boost the follicles and maybe the coq10 I was taking kicked in by the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Cote )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring can be busy so make sure you have the time to wait. It was amazing they stayed open during Covid when a lot of places closed and canceled cycles. They’re very organized and clean. Every doctor and nurse I came into contact with was great.
Sometimes busy and crowded with a long wait, but early so people can go to work on time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance covered most routine care, but not procedures and cryopreservation, genetic testing. It covered some medication costs, but there were out of pocket costs for that too. I probably spent at least $10k
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Always recommend eSET
Susan Treiser
Somerset
I had recurrent miscarriages and no one knew why. When we met Dr. Fischer, she provided us with more information than we had received over the course of 2 years...I was diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (BT). She spent about an hour going over the diagnosis...retrieval resulted in 33 eggs, 27 fertilized, 15 Day 5 blasts, and 5 were balanced/normal PGD...I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with our miracle baby
The clinic [at RMA of New Jersey] itself is extremely well-coordinated, they use modern-day technology to communicate with their patients, and have an astounding turn around times for bloodwork. They work like a well-oiled machine. The staff is simply kind, efficient, and entirely intelligent...Sarah was readily available to us. She was punctual and always called with our daily plans and protocols.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
We met Dr. Fischer on our first consultation visit. My husband and I had seen a series of OBGYN's that just didn't know what was wrong with us. I had recurrent miscarriages and no one knew why. When we met Dr. Fischer, she provided us with more information than we had received over the course of 2 years. I won't lie, we left the clinic a bit overwhelmed with the amount of information that was laid on us. She called us back for testing, but I was working full time and felt like it was just too much. The clinic was so understanding of this when I canceled my appointment. I took a month-long break and then decided I was ready for testing. I went into the clinic and had everything drawn up. Dr. Fischer's response came fairly quickly after all the results were in. I was diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (BT). She spent about an hour going over the diagnosis. She waited patiently as I took notes and tried to understand what was going on and what my options were. She offered to call my husband and re-explain everything to him as well since he couldn't be on the call at the same time as me. She offered a couple of different solutions to our diagnosis but it was obvious that we needed to move forward with IVF with PGD testing in order to reduce the risk of having more miscarriages. Dr. Fischer was readily available for us, to prescribe medication as my bloodwork developed, to answer questions as they arose, and put us at realistic ease when things were really looking south. She performed both the retrieval and the transfer. During both procedures, we felt like we were in capable hands. My retrieval resulted in 33 eggs, 27 fertilized, 15 Day 5 blasts, and 5 were balanced/normal PGD. Her medical protocol had worked outstandingly for us. She really has a way of making you feel like you're her most important patient. The best part, I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with our miracle baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions -- she has so much to offer, take advantage of it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Fischer was extremely empathetic as we navigated uncharted territories. When I came to her I had experienced two losses; before even getting to the testing portion I felt extremely overwhelmed coming into a fertility clinic. Dr. Fischer took her time with us, she was extremely patient as we came to terms with our diagnosis. She called and explained everything thoroughly and ensured I understood every aspect of it. She has an extremely calming demeanor that just puts you at ease. I'm not sure how it's possible, but out of her all her patients she truly makes you feel like she knows you well. She remembers details of things you've told her medically and not. She greets you as if she's known you forever. Small things like this made us feel like we were not only in capable hands, but caring ones too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Robinson)
Sarah was readily available to us. She was punctual and always called with our daily plans and protocols. She took the time to explain everything to us. She did everything she was supposed to. I will say, my one frustration with her, was that it always felt like I was inconveniencing her with questions. She comes off as mildly annoyed a bit. Not sure if it was personal, or the job. In the end, she always came through, but there was always a tiny bit of snark.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is one of the best clinics I have ever heard of. I am so blessed to have found them and be a part of their patient community. The clinic itself is extremely well-coordinated, they use modern-day technology to communicate with their patients, and have an astounding turn around times for bloodwork. They work like a well-oiled machine. The staff is simply kind, efficient, and entirely intelligent.
Monitoring appointments were always every morning from 5:45 AM to 7:30 AM. If you needed to go in over the weekend, the office would then transfer you to Basking Ridge. They were usually very quick, I would be in an out within 30 minutes. I think on two occasions they were quite overwhelmed and it took longer -- closer to an hour. I suspect because those were days coming off of holidays / long weekends. Either way, the entire process itself was very efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance did not cover anything, everything was out of pocket. It cost us about 30k for one full IVF cycle (including testing, bloodwork, retrieval, PGD testing, and retrieval). It will continue to cost us $1200 every year to keep our embryos on ice, and furthermore when we transfer future embryos.
Basking Ridge
Dr Fisher was not rigid in her ways. She allowed us to try different avenues such as progesterone suppositories instead of injections even though we were unsuccessful with the suppositories. Dr Fisher also was always open to hear what we had to say based on our own research but she always firmly stated her opinion with an open mind. We also really appreciated her bedside manner.
Even though you have a primary doctor, RMA leverages all their doctor staff for your various appointments so that means that you will likely see your doctor less than 50% of your visits. One positive is that you can potentially schedule your embryo transfer with one of the top doctors who may not be your primary...Some days it would be efficient and other days there were so many people you have to wait a while.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
She has an open mind and will be willing to explore options within reason.
At times RMA treats you like a number given the sheer number of patients they have so it was nice to have that contrasted with Dr Fisher who showed concern and understanding along the way.
Describe the protocols Catha Fischer used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We were fortunate to have several embryos. Instead of getting oil shots, Dr Fisher allowed us to try progesterone suppositories because of my fear of needles. Ultimately the first two transfers failed and with Dr Fisher’s suggestion I tried the oil shots which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
This part I felt like a number. That said I understand that the nurse is busy. If I recall correctly, I was not given one of the medications so I had to rush to get that in time. Just overall not too much care.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It was hit or miss. Some days it would be efficient and other days there were so many people you have to wait a while.
$15K in total
Describe Catha Fischer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We only tried single embryo transfer and do not recall discussing multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
One of the prescriptions for medication was missing but ended getting it in time. Separately there were videos on how to prep some of the shots but it would have been better if the nurse walked us through it since there are so many shots.
Englewood
[Dr. Chu] always remembered what we had discussed at previous appointments and would even discuss findings she noticed on ultrasounds from weeks prior...She thoroughly understands all of the ins and outs of infertility and will design a protocol specifically formulated for you...She was always very sweet and gave me all the confidence in the world that this was going to work and she was right
[for monitoring appointments at RMA of NJ] Go right when they open and you will be in and out. The lines can get pretty crazy especially at Basking Ridge on weekends as they’re the only office open for weekends/holidays...[my nurse] was always on top of everything (the meds, phone calls, appointments, follow ups etc.) and always gave me sound advice
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Chu could’ve told me to eat dog poop and I would’ve done it. She is hands down the most intelligent doctor I’ve ever met. She thoroughly understands all of the ins and outs of infertility and will design a protocol specifically formulated for you. I don’t think she takes this job lightly and it truly feels like she puts her soul into her patients treatment. She always remembered what we had discussed at previous appointments and would even discuss findings she noticed on ultrasounds from weeks prior. I read a lot of reviews that said she was cold but I didn’t have that experience with her at all. She was always very sweet and gave me all the confidence in the world that this was going to work and she was right. It worked! After years of struggling with infertility she was able to finally get me pregnant. She was the only infertility doctor I’ve ever gone to and will continue to go to. Hands down the best infertility doctor in NJ and quite possibly the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
Ask all of your questions and go over your concerns. Even if they seem trivial or you feel silly asking them, she will give you an honest answer and most likely it will be correct.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
RMA is a huge practice so I understand how some reviews say morning monitoring feels like a cattle call because I felt that way too but it’s effective and quick. Dr. Chu and all of the doctors I saw always treated me like human during the ultrasounds. Every single one of them were friendly, professional and most importantly extremely knowledgeable.
Describe the protocols Micheline Chu used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Follistim (whatever the max dose is) menopur, lupron, ganarellix, estrogen & PIO.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Jill was amazing. She was always on top of everything (the meds, phone calls, appointments, follow ups etc.) and always gave me sound advice. I would message her on the portal and she would respond usually within 15 minutes. I’m sure I drove her crazy because some days I would send her multiple messages but she was always there ready to field my off the wall questions and never made me feel bad about it which was something I really appreciated. Having 2 failed IUIs I could feel her sadness through the phone telling me it was a negative pregnancy test and she was just as excited as I was when my FET was successful! If I ever requested to talk to Dr. Chu she would get the appointment setup immediately. I didn’t have much interaction with the care coordinators or other nurses but everyone at RMA was friendly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It’s a large clinic so at times you can feel like a number (specifically during morning monitoring) however, I don’t think there’s a clinic out there that wouldn’t be that way. I think it’s just the name of the game for fertility centers. RMA is the best of the best. All of the doctors are confident in their approach and extremely intelligent. I would recommend this clinic to any and everyone struggling to conceive. I wish I could continue to see them throughout my pregnancy.
Describe Micheline Chu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
eSET. If a doctor is willing to transfer multiple - run.
IUI With Other Docs
[the nurse] was compassionate, prompt, proactive and always available to address any of our questions/ concerns...RMA only offers single embryo transfer. And the pros and cons explained to us about single embryo transfer aligned well with our needs...Everything is tightly controlled and well managed. Their schedules aligned well to our work schedules. One thing we wish for is that they had alt options to Basking Ridge facility for holidays and weekends.
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
"It may be my millionth, but I always remember that it's your first", those were Dr. Maguire's words when we thanked her for being patient with our questions. That line pretty much sums up her attitude and approach. While the process is emotional and painful at times, we have Dr. Maguire to thank for always staying informed. She was always there for us through the procedures and was happy to tweak the treatment plan to our preferences and schedule.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't ever shy away from having candid conversations about concerns, fears or familial goals with Dr. Maguire
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
We moved to Dr. Maguire after consulting another doc at RMA, where we were made to feel like a number. Feedback on Dr. Maguire was completely the opposite and she lived up to it from the very first interaction. As someone who's likes to know every aspect of my treatment, Dr. Maguire patiently dealt with a number of questions and erred on the side of detail. Our cycle timed with holidays and the doctor even called us back on an important holiday while spending precious time with her family. We could cite numerous such examples where she went above and beyond to address our anxiety and make us feel comfortable about the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Chinue Hull-Felder)
Chinue was our nurse and she is the best. She was compassionate, prompt, proactive and always available to address any of our questions/ concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a well oiled machine, great facilities and not a lot goes wrong in their coordination. Everything is tightly controlled and well managed. Their schedules aligned well to our work schedules. One thing we wish for is that they had alt options to Basking Ridge facility for holidays and weekends.
Describe Marcy Maguire's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
RMA only offers single embryo transfer. And the pros and cons Dr. Maguire explained to us about single embryo transfer aligned well with our needs.
Marcy Maguire
West Orange

Dr. Fischer was extremely kind, answered all my questions, scheduled extra phone calls when I wanted to, and was also extremely positive even when we received what I thought was discouraging news. She pointed out reasons for hope and optimism and was encouraging the whole way.... We did the strongest protocol ("maxed out") due to my low AFC and AMH, which meant that I took hcg with Follistim 450. Then I took cetrotide for the trigger shot.
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.... My nurse was nice. The only problem was, she had a variable schedule and I was often having to be in contact with other nurses in order to figure things out. So there was a little confusion on who to contact when, but overall it was fine.
How was your experience with Catha Fischer at RMA of New Jersey?
I really liked Dr. Fischer as my doctor. She was warm, patient, reassuring, and supportive. The only question I had was whether her lack of experience was going to impact anything (she only recently started practicing). But in terms of bedside manner, she was wonderful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand the process and what to expect. Dr. Fischer is more than happy to answer all of your questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandee)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was well organized and clearly thought of the patient when designing the space. The wait room was huge, so even though there was always a lot of people there, you really didn't feel like cattle (as I've heard other clinics feel like) and it's comfortable with reasonable wait times. Everyone was really nice.
The monitoring visits were quick and easy. For the most part, it did not feel like a "cattle call." The wait room is big, so it doesn't feel crowded, and they kept it moving.
For embryo freezing, it was about $18,000 including ICSI and CCS. Then I paid another $4,000 for meds, but that turned out to be covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I was doing some of my monitoring visits at a different clinic, which was closer to my home. There were two mornings that I showed up and my orders were not in their system, which meant a lot of phone calls and waiting around to figure it out. One of those times I believe it was the other clinic's fault, but one time the nurse had forgotten to send them over.
Basking Ridge

Dr. Rybak is a very kind and knowledgeable person. He seemed to really care and exuded positive energy. He makes the patient feel comfortable and hopeful that their experience will be a success. He asks a lot of questions and is thorough in his answers. He presents as very invested in his patients and is extremely compassionate.... I came from other fertility doctors so he reviewed by file and determined IVF was the best choice for me. He did a saline ultrasound and determined my uterus posed a problem for future pregnancy so he made sure I had that taken care of before starting treatment.
The clinic [RMA of NJ] is well organized and the front desk staff are warm and friendly. They are a well oiled machine. They always return phone calls promptly. Christina is in the finance department and she was very helpful and thorough.... Unfortunately they do not offer any discount or deal for people like myself who have no infertility coverage. They connect you with a pharmacy that offers a discount but the price of meds is still great. I am just starting IVF
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Have questions you would like to ask written down in advance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He is extremely personable and warm. He draws pictures and explains thoroughly to ensure you understand. He is also very empathetic.
Describe the protocols Eli Rybak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I came from other fertility doctors so he reviewed by file and determined IVF was the best choice for me. He did a saline ultrasound and determined my uterus posed a problem for future pregnancy so he made sure I had that taken care of before starting treatment. I was hesitant to start since I am a self pay patient and he was very patient and understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Julie Cochrane)
The nurses are very thorough, especially Julie who was assigned to me. She was always prompt in returning my calls and would listen to all of my concerns. She is clearly well versed in all things fertility and is very efficient in keeping tabs on what I should be doing and checking in with me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is well organized and the front desk staff are warm and friendly. They are a well oiled machine. They always return phone calls promptly. Christina is in the finance department and she was very helpful and thorough.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey.
Unfortunately they do not offer any discount or deal for people like myself who have no infertility coverage. They connect you with a pharmacy that offers a discount but the price of meds is still great. I am just starting IVF and expect to pay around 30, 000 which is more than my yearly salary as a teachers assistant!
Describe Eli Rybak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Englewood

He [Dr. Doherty] reviewed our results with us thoroughly, explained what steps we would take, and what each step entailed. He made changes as needed throughout each treatment and really seemed to study our case. He was very positive every time we met with him and made me feel hopeful. ... While taking follistism, too many eggs developed and Dr. Doherty made the decision to lessen the amount of medication I was taking so that we would not risk the chance of having multiples.
Visiting the Freehold RMA clinic has become part of my daily routine. The staff are amazing and make you feel comfortable. They try to get you in and out of the office as quickly as possible and listen to all of your needs. ... My nurse Kira was the best communicator throughout my infertility treatment process. She called me after every visit with updates and next steps, which was at least one a week!
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
I had never had a male doctor before Doctor Doherty. He made my husband and I feel comfortable right from the first visit. He reviewed our results with us thoroughly, explained what steps we would take, and what each step entailed. He made changes as needed throughout each treatment and really seemed to study our case. He was very positive every time we met with him and made me feel hopeful.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
After many morning monitoring visits, I became a familiar face to the nurses and staff. They greet me with a smile, call me by my name, and answer all of my questions.
My husband and I have undergone four iui cycles with no luck yet. While taking follistism, too many eggs developed and Dr. Doherty made the decision to lessen the amount of medication I was taking so that we would not risk the chance of having multiples. Only the strongest follicles survived and we were able to continue with our iui cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kira Nickerson )
My nurse Kira was the best communicator throughout my infertility treatment process. She called me after every visit with updates and next steps, which was at least one a week! As a teacher, it is difficult for me to answer my phone at any time during the day, so Kira would always ask for the times that I am most available or leave me detailed voicemails and a number to call her back with any questions that I had. She was understanding, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
For our iui cycles, insursance covered most of the cost. We just had to pay co-pays for each visit and medication costs. Our upcoming ivf cycle is going to cost us around $7300.
Freehold

Dr Kaser is compassionate and has great bed side manner. He took on my infertility case after 1 failed and 1 ectopic cycle. He was thorough and took his time with me. He is honest and down to earth...I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
I feel that all doctors at RMA that I have met with are strongly against multiple embryo transfers. Yet Ive had 3 failed transfere with pgs tested embryos. We may consider putting in 2 if my 4th transfer fails...is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Kasee is a great listener. He reviews all my records prior to meeting with me and always shows up prepared. He is a great colloborator. My situation is complicated because both my partner and I are healthy, no issues, except my age of 39. I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Do you research because Dr Kaser is a professional who wants his patients to be at the table making decisions with him. Come prepared with questions, he is very patient and will answer all your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I was under Dr. Kaser's care for my 3rd FET. He had me take my estrace pills vaginally to increase the lining quicker and the standard progesterone dosage. Prior to the cycle he performed an ERA and endometrial biopsy to ensure we were transfering on the right day and there was no infection. Unfortunately my 3rd FET resulted in a negative pregnancy test and we will be changing the protocol significantly for my 4th
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa Katzman)
Marissa has been with me since day 1 which is May 2017. She is professional, organized and consistent. She is compassionate and just great at what she does. Her communication skills are strong. She listens carefully, answers all questions and if she does not know the answer follows up. She communicates both on email and phone and has a sense of urgency when needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.
With just Dr Kaser about 15,000
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Daniel Kaser
Hamilton (closed)

Dr Bergh took the time to talk to me individually and explain the treatment process and why he was opting to do that process over others....Dr Bergh was very candid with me and told me "how it was". He didn't sidestep anything because it was uncomfortable, he just said it in a blunt yet respectful manner. After I had a bad reaction to the medicine the first round, he worked with me to figure out a plan and continues to do so afterwards.
The clinic [RMA of NJ] is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.... Jackie has been a god-send during this process. She has a very upbeat personality and is always willing to talk or answer any questions I may have.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't see him if you want someone to hold your hand, he will just tell you how it is and keep going.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Paul Bergh used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I am on track to do 4 medicated IUI cycles and if they do not take, move forward with IVF. First IUI I was given 50mg Gonal-F and then was increased to 150mg with an Ovradrell trigger shot. After starting the Gonal-F, my migraines that I have had since a teenager were uncontrollable. Reaching out to Dr Bergh regarding this, he switched my medicine to Clomid, 50mg for the second cycle. If the 4 IUI's do not take, I will meet with him beforehand to discuss the treatment options for IVF due to the necessary medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.
unknown
Describe Paul Bergh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Basking Ridge

Dr Molinaro is straightforward but kind. He isn't pushy in his recommendations and goes through all your options so you feel like you actually have a say in the process.... Ask all your questions - Dr. Molinaro knows it all and don't be afraid to ask about alternative options and what he's seen be successful/unsuccessful. He's looking at understanding the full picture here of your story so that you can have a good outlook.
This [RMA of NJ] is a well-oiled machine. Everything is really efficient from the nursing team, to the financial coordinator to the staff on the day of your egg retrieval/transfer. You can tell that they work really hard at understanding the process so they can get people through and do things right. I'd love to have some sort of patient portal to view all my bloodwork but can see where that make some patients crazy. I love that I get a call from my nurse within 3-4 hours of doing bloodwork and know exactly what's next for my protocol.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
I love that when I go to see Dr. Molinaro that he tells me the next steps right there- I don't feel like I have to wait for him to make a decision. We've had a few setbacks but he's called to check-in and offer support every time and I can ask him about different options to try and trust that he knows exactly what to do to make sure that we get over the finish line. I've already recommended him to two friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Molinaro is straightforward but kind. He isn't pushy in his recommendations and goes through all your options so you feel like you actually have a say in the process. His office is very friendly and I'm always able to get a hold of someone no matter what. That's a huge differentiator here. Knowing that my nursing team understands what I need during this process too.
Describe the protocols Thomas Molinaro used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I was on an agonist protocol with low dose HCG and Follistim. 10 units of low dose HCG and 275 of Follistim. I triggered with Lupron. I know that after egg retrieval, they did some sort of calcium addition to help with egg fertilization which helped a lot. We did a freeze-all cycle and had PGS testing done which resulted in 7 normal blastocysts. First transfer cycle- we transferred one embryo which resulted in an early miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy is great. She's quick to respond to all my questions and is through in explaining the process for me. The rest of the nurses at the clinic are fantastic too!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is a well-oiled machine. Everything is really efficient from the nursing team, to the financial coordinator to the staff on the day of your egg retrieval/transfer. You can tell that they work really hard at understanding the process so they can get people through and do things right. I'd love to have some sort of patient portal to view all my bloodwork but can see where that make some patients crazy. I love that I get a call from my nurse within 3-4 hours of doing bloodwork and know exactly what's next for my protocol.
Most days I could get in and out in 20 minutes. I've waited as long as 45 minutes to get done, however, once you know those busy times, you can maneuver your schedule a bit to adjust. It never derailed my morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.
PGS testing, Embyro storage fees. All the rest was charged and covered by insurance

2013 - 2019, 9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Bergh has great bedside manner. He remembered me from my initial visits five years prior and offered great support as I decided between two paths to motherhood.... Dr. Bergh gave me hope for fertility preservation after cancer, even while being honest about my limited chances. He clearly explained each part of the process and what it meant for my future. He brought compassion and humor when my news wasn’t what I was hoping for and helped me navigate my next steps.
This [RMA of New Jersey] is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.... The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.... The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Arrive with questions and a notebook. He will advise you of what notes to take from your consultation so you can remember everything from your visit.
I had to do two separate egg retrieval’s as my first med protocol did not stimulate me well enough. This was a challenge due to my low AMH and ovary recovering from cancer surgery. The second protocol produce three times more eggs and was much more successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alana)
Alana was such a comforting part of this whole process. She was quick to call with results and answer questions, always eager to help. She even called to check in months after my fertility preservation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.
My fertility preservation was largely covered by a grant for cancer patients.
Basking Ridge

We first went to our consult with Dr. Thomas Molinaro and he wanted to know everything in our past, he explained EVERYTHING, and made me feel so much more comfortable with the treatments we were about to undergo.... He is very compassionate, well educated, and has great bed side manner. He made me feel so comfortable with everything and gave me a sense of confidence that everything was going to work out well. He explained everything to great extent and made sure I understood each process.
Everyone [RMA of New Jersey] was very nice and explained things extensively. We got all the paperwork we needed. Everyone we came in contact with was compassionate and make sure we understood everything we needed to. We barely had a wait and were back with the doctor almost immediately.... We first went to our consult with Dr. Thomas Molinaro and he wanted to know everything in our past, he explained EVERYTHING, and made me feel so much more comfortable with the treatments we were about to undergo.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
You will not regret it. I was so nervous before hand and once we sat with him it all went away.
We first went to our consult with Dr. Thomas Molinaro and he wanted to know everything in our past, he explained EVERYTHING, and made me feel so much more comfortable with the treatments we were about to undergo. He made sure I understood everything and gave me a sense of confidence that everything was going to go well. It has been a long road so far and for the first time I feel like things are going somewhere. Insurance is covering only $1,000 and we have every opportunity to shop around for cheaper treatment but as comfortable he made us feel I would find a way just to continue to see him. I would recommend him to anyone I know who is struggling with fertility!
I have been on letrozole for 3 cycles with my OBGYN and he wants me to do one or two with him so he can monitor me. He explained the difference with IUI/injections and IVF with PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
She explained everything and was very compassionate
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Everyone was very nice and explained things extensively. We got all the paperwork we needed. Everyone we came in contact with was compassionate and make sure we understood everything we needed to. We barely had a wait and were back with the doctor almost immediately.
Eatontown

RMA runs like a well-oiled machine! One time however, my orders did not go through for blood work/ultrasound. It was quickly resolved within a few minutes.... Another aspect that we really enjoyed/appreciated about RMA, is that we had our own nurse, and she was AMAZING! She always expressed genuine concern about how we were doing, and offered her assistance in whatever we needed along the way.... RMA had comparable charges to the previous clinic we went to.
How was your experience with Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey?
Starting with our initial consult, Dr. Franasiak made us feel like more than a number, and like actual people. He had great bed-side manner, yet was always up front with us in regards to what we were facing with Secondary Unexplained Infertility. He was always understanding of our feelings, and justified our frustrations with the lack of answers the tests/treatments/results were able to provide. When we decided it was best for me to take a break from treatments, we had a discussion with Dr. Frasnasiak about same. He reassured us that everything was done by all parties in an effort to conceive a baby, and that all progressed "as it should." He also stated that if we felt it was in my best interest to take some time to ourselves, it was understandable and that if we ever decide to continue with treatment, he will be there to assist us. Although the three treatment (IUI) cycles we went through did not result in a pregnancy, my husband and I were very glad that we chose Dr. Franasiak at RMA, and that they were a part of our journey. We highly recommend him to anyone in the area trying to conceive a baby!
Dr. Franasiak was extremely knowledgable about infertility and the procedures and treatments of same. Although it was initially difficult for me to remain calm during the treatment cycle, I quickly learned how educated he is and that I needed to put my full trust in him. He is very smart and was aware of our case in great detail. Let the doctors do their job, and in doing so it is (or was for us) easier to remain more calm throughout the treatment cycle.
Starting with our initial consult, Dr. Franasiak made us feel like more than a number, and like actual people. He had great bed-side manner, yet was always up front with us in regards to what we were facing with Secondary Unexplained Infertility. He was always understanding of our feelings, and justified our frustrations. Another aspect that we really enjoyed/appreciated about RMA, is that we had our own nurse, and she was AMAZING! She always expressed genuine concern about how we were doing, and offered her assistance in whatever we needed along the way. We went to a previous infertility clinic and did not receive anywhere near the same personal care.
We previously completed four treatment cycles at another clinic, to no avail. Three of which I was prescribed Clomid, and the final one we used Gonal-F. Dr. Franasiak started my first treatment cycle with Gonal-F and had increased my dosage to 100 mL, which was higher than we had previously been prescribed. My follicles developed at different rates each time however, Dr. Franasiak kept a close eye on same. That being said, I did not use Gonal-F for the same number of days each cycle. A few times we were asked to come in a couple days in a row, rather than every other day. This was for Dr. Franasiak's reassurance that all was happening as planned, and to prevent over development of my follicles and any other potential issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Beth Harley)
We really enjoyed/appreciated that we had our own nurse, and she was AMAZING! Beth was always available to talk with, and if she was unable to answer, she always returned our call in a timely fashion. She also had very good bed-side manner, in addition to a positive attitude which was always so pleasant, especially when I was having a rough time/day. One time in particular we thought we would not receive our medication in time. Beth sat down with us, listened to the concerns we expressed and reassured us that all would work out; that we would find a way regardless of what needed to be done. Her calm and confident disposition assisted me in calming down as well. I called her after we suspended our care with RMA, as I had a few questions. We engaged in conversation for a decent amount of time. She expressed genuine concern about how we were doing, in addition to other matters. Never once did she attempt to rush me off the phone, or display any negativity in the amount of time it took to address/resolve our concerns. We went to a previous infertility clinic and did not receive anywhere near the same personal care.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall, we were very happy with the clinic. Although there were a few very nice lab techs, there were also a few that were not. I usually tried to make light of the situation, as early morning appointments are not always fun, and I am not a fan of needles. In making said conversations with the lab techs, some of their demeanors expressed as though they were not interested in engaging in conversation, or that their statements were "forced." Since we suspended our treatments however, RMA has moved to a new and much larger facility. Having said that, they may have more lab techs now which would allow patients to engage with a more diverse amount of employees.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason M. Franasiak at RMA of New Jersey.
My husband and I have very good insurance. Although our specialist copay is $5, when reviewing the EOBs/claims, RMA had comparable charges to the previous clinic we went to.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He’s calm and positive and very respectful of the patient. He [Dr. Rybak] genuinely cares about your situation and takes the time to talk you through each step. When things don’t turn out as expected he calls to console the patient and help plan for the future cycles and discusses how he will adjust for next round. He doesn’t have an ego which many doctors do have he listens to the patients requests and makes sure you feel 100% comfortable with each step of the process.
They are extremely organized nice and efficient. The staff [RMANJ] is so friendly and they remember each patient. The only downside is during morning monitoring the people by the front desk who are not nurses can get a little loud when they’re talking about their daily things like what they did the night before etc. Patients there that early in the morning want it to be quiet. It’s a sensitive situation so loud laughing and talking isn’t appropriate.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He’s calm and positive and very respectful of the patient. He genuinely cares about your situation and takes the time to talk you through each step. When things don’t turn out as expected he calls to console the patient and help plan for the future cycles and discusses how he will adjust for next round. He doesn’t have an ego which many doctors do have he listens to the patients requests and makes sure you feel 100% comfortable with each step of the process.
Ask any question you have because he’s willing to answer even the most mundane ones so take advantage of his knowledge.
He really cares and spends time explaining and makes the patient comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Julie Cochran )
My nurse was excellent with coordinating my fertility schedule with my life schedule. She allowed me to ask anything and everything and always responded quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are extremely organized nice and efficient. The staff is so friendly and they remember each patient. The only downside is during morning monitoring the people by the front desk who are not nurses can get a little loud when they’re talking about their daily things like what they did the night before etc. Patients there that early in the morning want it to be quiet. It’s a sensitive situation so loud laughing and talking isn’t appropriate. None of us want to be there and dealing with infertility to begin with especially not at those early monitoring hours.
Monitoring hours are early morning and it’s first come first serve. The wait can be long at times but generally it’s before a holiday weekend or a Friday. Only once I had a pa do my ultrasound and she didn’t know what she was doing and I cried on the table in pain (during stims for retrieval) the doctor had to redo the test. From then on I made a point to tell them only a doctor can go near me. The staff was understanding and never sent that pa in again.
Full price of ivf
Englewood

Dr. Kaser is very patient and kind.l had a lot of questions for him and he was able to answer all of them during our appointment. He performed my saline sonogram and my initial consult sonogram. He walked me through the whole IVF process then circled back to my immediate next steps....IVF- saline sonogram to confirm presence of fibroids, scar tissue,etc. Sema4 genetic testing to confirm my partner and I are not carriers for the same diseases. Nutritional consult for healthy lifestyle. IVF egg retrieval medications
RMANJ has Lots of locations, caring and understanding staff, high live birth success rate. Would love if all locations had weekend hours, but we were able to make all of our appointments within reason. They are very open with information and data. The finance department is probably the weakest department, not as sensitive to the large sum of money, ask you to do a lot of calls to your own insurance.... Monitoring would be in the early morning hours
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Educate yourself too, while Dr Kaser will answer your questions, make sure you know all of your questions.
Dr. Kaser and my nurse have been so patient in answering all of my questions (which took an hour and a half before signing my consents) and keeping regular contact during my care.
IVF- saline sonogram to confirm presence of fibroids, scar tissue,etc. Sema4 genetic testing to confirm my partner and I are not carriers for the same diseases. Nutritional consult for healthy lifestyle. IVF egg retrieval medications: Gonal F, lodose HCG, cetrotide. Pregnyl and lupron trigger. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature. PCOS treatment- blood test and sonogram, confirmed and prescribed me metformin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorochen)
Kim would call me and answer any email questions right away. There are several departments, one for meds, one for financial, etc. She wouldn't pass me around unnecessarily and helped me during med delivery, etc.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring would be in the early morning hours, everyone who arrives gets seen in the order they arrive. It was never a long wait. I needed to lay down for blood draw they always put me in a room for this. Some of the monitoring doctors would be a little rushed and not explain the measurements or calculations in the sonogram
Insurance covered most of my treatment. Embro cryopreservation and genetic testing were not covered ($5k). And probably another $1-2k for copays, medication, etc.
RMA does single embryo transfer for younger patients who have not undergone a cycle before
Daniel Kaser
Basking Ridge

Dr. Costantini definitely makes me feel like a human. She is very patient and thorough. Never makes me feel rushed. You would think she has all the time in the world.... My husband and i had a lot of questions and she never made us feel rushed and was very patient even when we may have repeated ourselves. I admire her confidence when telling us what approach she believe would be best for us. She doesn’t sugar coat things but at the same time has excellent bedside manner.
They [RMA of New Jersey] are very organized and I don’t have any comments on weaknesses because I can’t think of any. Only advice I would give is to get there early on mornings you have to go in for lab work and/or ultrasounds. It’s walk in only and the hours are 5:45-7:30 and by 5:45 there are usually at least 15 people already there. Get there closer to 5:30 unless you have plenty of time.... Eve was extremely kind and compassionate. Also very thorough when calling with test results and always kept me posted on what’s next.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Costantini thus far. She’s extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and patient. My husband and i had a lot of questions and she never made us feel rushed and was very patient even when we may have repeated ourselves. I admire her confidence when telling us what approach she believe would be best for us. She doesn’t sugar coat things but at the same time has excellent bedside manner. I truly believe that she is the best at what she does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Make sure you ask her to outline every possible option for you. She explained all the procedures to me at length.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Maria Costantini-Ferrando used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Dr. Costantini was very honest in her advice for us. IVF would be our best option. My husband and I weren’t ready to do that right away as our insurance does not cover any cost. She was extremely understanding and patient. We decided to try clomid and TI in the meantime but are now ready to move on to IVF with her help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Eve Turner)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are very organized and I don’t have any comments on weaknesses because I can’t think of any. Only advice I would give is to get there early on mornings you have to go in for lab work and/or ultrasounds. It’s walk in only and the hours are 5:45-7:30 and by 5:45 there are usually at least 15 people already there. Get there closer to 5:30 unless you have plenty of time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.
So far, everything has been covered. IUI and IVF are not though and it will be about $4,000 for IUI and $28,000 for IVF
Describe Maria Costantini-Ferrando's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I very much admire the fact that she prefers eSET. I understand the risks of multiples and the strain it could have on my body and trust her completely.
Englewood

Dr Costantini always took the time to answer my questions. She would spend ample time on the phone with my husband and I for questions and always spent time with us during our ultrasounds. She would come in early to see me specifically for special days and procedures...has some of the best bedside manner that i have ever seen in a physician. She never made me feel that she didn’t have my best interests in mind. She brought peace and positivity at an otherwise trying time.
Eve [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] was a light through this dark process. She was reliable with her communication and would always call when she said she would. She would explain everything in detail to me. She would listen to all of my questions and even listened when I would cry. She is simply the best...Morning monitoring was from 5:45am-7:30am at patient convenience. It was first come, first serve. However, it would get very busy and wait times could be up to 90 minutes.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Costantini has some of the best bedside manner that i have ever seen in a physician. She never made me feel that she didn’t have my best interests in mind. She brought peace and positivity at an otherwise trying time.
Trust her and her recommendations thoroughly, she has the same end goal in mind that you do
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Evelina Torres)
Eve was a light through this dark process. She was reliable with her communication and would always call when she said she would. She would explain everything in detail to me. She would listen to all of my questions and even listened when I would cry. She is simply the best.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: Communication, Organization, Success Rates, Doctor always completes ultrasound. Everyone was always friendly. The phlebotomists were excellent, always drew blood painlessly and quickly. Weaknesses: Very busy, long wait times for morning monitoring
I had excellent insurance throughout my treatment. My IVF cost use about 2,000. dollars.
The clinic would only transfer one embryo due to the completion of PGD testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I had a nurse provide me with incorrect dosing information compared to my Doctor with regards to trigger shot for IVF retrieval. I had to call the on-call physician at 9pm for clarification which was provided.
Englewood

Dr. C[ostantini-Ferrando] and I clicked immediately; she respects that I’ve been through a lot of prior treatment, and appreciates that I’m an involved and informed patient. She takes my wants, needs, and thoughts into consideration and I really feel like we are all collaborating...has an excellent bedside manner; she’s compassionate and obviously cares a lot about her patients, but she also doesn’t blow smoke up your ass! She’s been very blunt about her opinions regarding our treatment outcome, and didn’t hesitate to say she wasn’t sure about some things. She also didn’t oversell RMA’s capabilities vs our old clinic, which made me trust her even more.
We commute in from NY, and then work in NYC — so it was a pleasant surprise that RMA had extra early monitoring hours! It didn’t mess with our schedules except that we had to leave the house earlier...The wait times weren’t excessive, and we generally saw the same NP for ultrasound...Everyone I’ve dealt with has been exceedingly professional, friendly, and warm — from nurses, to phlebotomists, to coordinators. The facilities are also really nice — like, unexpectedly so! I especially appreciate how responsive and open the finance team is — they provided us with a print out of ALL the financial information we could possibly need upon our consultation, and we got to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable representative a few days after our consultation. She’s been responsive via phone and email, and always explains everything in detail.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. C has an excellent bedside manner; she’s compassionate and obviously cares a lot about her patients, but she also doesn’t blow smoke up your ass! She’s been very blunt about her opinions regarding our treatment outcome, and didn’t hesitate to say she wasn’t sure about some things. She also didn’t oversell RMA’s capabilities vs our old clinic, which made me trust her even more.
Come prepared with your questions, and what you want out your appointment. She can hold your hand, but you’ll get more out of her time and expertise if you come to the table with expectations and questions.
Dr. C and I clicked immediately; she respects that I’ve been through a lot of prior treatment, and appreciates that I’m an involved and informed patient. She takes my wants, needs, and thoughts into consideration and I really feel like we are all collaborating.
The first thing she said to us (after seeing our disastrous-for-my-age IVF results) was: why are you still using this donor? He’s not your husband! Love the bluntness. We did indeed switch donors, and did an antagonist protocol (instead of MDLF); the rationale was that I’m not a poor responder, but we had a mysteriously awful blastocyst rate — she thought the Lupron and/or long stim time could be compromising egg quality. There was also a possibility that the donor sperm was not good. She also immediately tested my thyroid, because my day 3 values were weird — and I was hypothyroid, so she put me on synthroid. We tested my fasting insulin on a whim, and discovered I had severe insulin resistance (no PCOS), so she started me on metformin. My most recent egg retrieval was fewer eggs than prior, but from 12 eggs we tested 4 embryos (PGS and PGD) and have 3 PGS normal unaffected!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Vileena)
I’ve dealt mostly with Vileena, my dedicated nurse (but the other nursing staff have been excellent as well). Vileena is extremely responsive via phone or email, and has always treated me with respect and compassion. She too understands that I’m a VERY involved patient who knows what’s happening with my treatment, and doesn’t dumb down information for me. She’s also really personable and truly cares about me and my spouse as PEOPLE, not just patients.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a well organized machine. Everyone I’ve dealt with has been exceedingly professional, friendly, and warm — from nurses, to phlebotomists, to coordinators. The facilities are also really nice — like, unexpectedly so! I especially appreciate how responsive and open the finance team is — they provided us with a print out of ALL the financial information we could possibly need upon our consultation, and we got to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable representative a few days after our consultation. She’s been responsive via phone and email, and always explains everything in detail.
We commute in from NY, and then work in NYC — so it was a pleasant surprise that RMA had extra early monitoring hours! It didn’t mess with our schedules except that we had to leave the house earlier (it’s a 45 minute drive). The wait times weren’t excessive, and we generally saw the same NP for ultrasound (sometimes Dr. C was there instead!)
We have insurance coverage and have already met our OOP maximum, but I believe our insurance cost is about 10k
Englewood

Even though RMA is huge, Dr. Chu was always genuinely happy to see me or talk to me and never rushed me out of the room. She always remembered me and the things we talked about.... Initially, I wanted to transfer 2 embryos at a time. Dr. Chu talked us out of this because of all the potential complications. I’m very young and healthy so it’s not worth the risk.... I did an antagonist protocol with max doses of each medication.
RMANJ is the best of the best. Their labs and techniques are the top in the world. I trust everyone on the team thoroughly. The biggest shock was how many people are at morning monitoring. At first, I felt like a number but once I kept going back, I got really comfortable and got to know the staff well.... They were quick and efficient overall. There’s a lot of people there, but it’s not that bad. I was always out in less than 30 minutes.
How was your experience with Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey?
She’s super nice and funny. She’s very thorough and happy to answer all questions. I didn’t get that experience from another doctor I consulted with at another clinic at all. I’ve always had full trust in Dr. Chu and her decisions during the IVF process.
Just trust her. She knows what she’s doing.
I did an antagonist protocol with max doses of each medication. We did this because my ovarian reserve is diminishing rapidly. We also did ICSI because my husband has a very low sperm count.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Merry)
Merry is always super sweet and willing to answer any questions I have. She’s been with the practice since the start and is so well versed with everything. She’s been a wonderful help through this process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Micheline Chu at RMA of New Jersey.
First cycle was covered by insurance aside from deductible. Our insurance changed and they did not cover our second egg retrieval cycle. It was around $20,000 out of pocket for everything. Transfer will be around $5,000.
West Orange

Dr Rauch was extremely patient and understanding. She was empathetic and celebrated my successes as if they were her own. She was gracious and caring. I felt like I could ask her anything and she always gave me an honest response....We did an egg retrieval, PGS testing, and transferred 1 normal embryo. I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant and having a great experience thus far.
Even though RMA is a large practice, I never felt like a number.... The clinic was very organized and always called me to go over next steps.... The only thing I did not like was their method of putting you in touch with the doctor. When the doctor called me, it always came in on an unknown number and if I missed the call, I’d have to dial the nurse or receptionist and hopefully get them to transfer me to my doctor.
How was your experience with Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Rauch was extremely patient and understanding. She was empathetic and celebrated my successes as if they were her own. She was gracious and caring. I felt like I could ask her anything and she always gave me an honest response. Dr Rauch was hopeful that i would become Pregnant and deliver a healthy baby. We did an egg retrieval, PGS testing, and transferred 1 normal embryo. I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant and having a great experience thus far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey?
Even though RMA is a large practice, I never felt like a number. Dr Rauch always made me feel like i was her patient and even ensured that I was on her monitoring schedule.
Describe the protocols Eden Rauch used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don’t entirely remember the exact protocol. We did injections of gonal f, menapur, ganirelix, along with a trigger shot. Once retrieval ended, we did estradiol 2x a day until transfer along with pio shots starting 5 days prior to transfer.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was very organized and always called me to go over next steps. They have a finance department along with on call staff. The only thing I did not like was their method of putting you in touch with the doctor. When the doctor called me, it always came in on an unknown number and if I missed the call, I’d have to dial the nurse or receptionist and hopefully get them to transfer me to my doctor. It was only a problem if dr Rauch called me on her day off and was unreachable after missing her voicemail. Other than that, the clinic was great.
It was efficient and well oiled machine. Never had to wait more than 20 mins even with a line of women in front of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eden Rauch at RMA of New Jersey.
10k. My insurance covered up to 20k lifetime fertility coverage. But I paid co-insurance and the meds out of pocket so I could preserve some of the 20k max.
Describe Eden Rauch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We did single embryo transfer Bc my embryos were tested.
Eden Rauch
Freehold

Dr. Shastri is hopeful but realistic. She was honest with us from the beginning and makes you feel like she is going to do everything in her power to get us to where we want to be.... We were going to start with an IUI but my insurance decided not to cover it when they saw I had a partially dilated tube. Dr. Shastri did a peer to peer with my insurance provider to try to justify the coverage... We started with the protagonist protocol taking the highest dose of Gonal f and low does HCG. I wasn’t reacting to the medication but we decided to keep going as my estrogen was slowly rising
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] feels like a well oiled machine. They are organized and quick with their processes. They also offer additional resources like counseling and support groups. I was able to get a free counseling session as a patient and they referred me to a great counselor close to my apartment.... You can tell Dr. Shastri cares. She personally made phone calls when the news was not good. She continues to give us hope.
How was your experience with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Shastri is hopeful but realistic. She was honest with us from the beginning and makes you feel like she is going to do everything in her power to get us to where we want to be. Throughout our journey (which we are still on) she would take the time to explain all of our options, answer questions and give us her option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Do your research and go to your consultation with questions. She will take the time to answer all of them and not make you feel rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shefali Shastri at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Shefali Shastri used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We were going to start with an IUI but my insurance decided not to cover it when they saw I had a partially dilated tube. Dr. Shastri did a peer to peer with my insurance provider to try to justify the coverage but they wouldn’t budge. We decided to move forward with IVF. We started with the protagonist protocol taking the highest dose of Gonal f and low does HCG. I wasn’t reacting to the medication but we decided to keep going as my estrogen was slowly rising. After 15 days we had one follicle that was looking good and we were planning on doing the retrieval since I have DOR and didn’t want to waste a good egg. Unfortunately at my last appointment my estrogen had gone down and Dr. Shastri didn’t want to put me under for just one egg that she didn’t think was viable anymore. She also was considerate of my insurance situation and didn’t want to use all of my coverage on the surgery that she wasn’t confident would yield the results we wanted. We took a break and are now in the process of trying the Lupron Flair protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Garth )
Jessica is empathic, organized and on top of everything. She’s great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic feels like a well oiled machine. They are organized and quick with their processes. They also offer additional resources like counseling and support groups. I was able to get a free counseling session as a patient and they referred me to a great counselor close to my apartment.
Shefali Shastri

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I am always treated like I’m Dr. C’s top priority. She [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando] always wants to see me specifically when I went in for monitoring appointments....Dr. C truly has my best interests at heart and really takes my opinions into consideration. She is compassionate and empathetic. I trust her opinion in what treatment options she suggests.... My first cycle I did a micro-flare protocol. I was on 40 units of lupron daily with 450 gonal F.
Strengths: [at RMA of New Jersey] morning monitoring hours to accommodate working people, advanced technology, very organized, very flexible Weaknesses- not being able to find out embryo until a week after retrieval I suggest getting to monitoring right when they open, otherwise you’ll wait an hour or 2 to be seen.... Josephine is amazing. She got back to me within an hour or 2 always And always called me back during emergencies.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. C truly has my best interests at heart and really takes my opinions into consideration. She is compassionate and empathetic. I trust her opinion in what treatment options she suggests. I know she works her hardest for me to have the best possible outcome.
At first she can seem blunt about the success rate, but she will do everything she can to get you a baby
I am always treated like I’m Dr. C’s top priority. She always wants to see me specifically when I went in for monitoring appointments.
My first cycle I did a micro-flare protocol. I was on 40 units of lupron daily with 450 gonal F. I was a poor responder and only retrieved one egg. It did become a blast though. My second cycle i was on 300 gonal F and 75 menopur. I retrieved 2 eggs and one made it to blast. My third cycle I am doing the same menopur cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine )
Josephine is amazing. She got back to me within an hour or 2 always And always called me back during emergencies. Unfortunately she went on medical leave and I got a fill in nurse who I am not crazy about. I don’t have a strong connection with her like I had with Josephine
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: morning monitoring hours to accommodate working people, advanced technology, very organized, very flexible Weaknesses- not being able to find out embryo until a week after retrieval I suggest getting to monitoring right when they open, otherwise you’ll wait an hour or 2 to be seen.
Monitoring hours are between six and 7:30 AM. I suggest getting there right at six as it does fill up quickly and it’s first come first serve
I am not entirely sure because I have insurance.
I haven’t gotten to transfer yet bur I know she favors one embryo due to possible complications with multiple