Michael Bohrer

Short Hills (closed)
636 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078

2012 - 2013, Successful
I was a 40 yr old single woman with a blocked tube. IUI was recommended with the help of Clomid and an objectively that I dont remember. We did IUI on 2 co securities mornings and I was pregnant with twins on that first try...Dr. Kim was was great. I got the results I wanted quickly so I did not need to see him often. He was surprised at how good my eggs were and said I had the eggs of a 34 year old. I trusted him with all procedures.
They were great start to finish. I wish my actual procedure could have been done closer to me ( my office was in West Orange but IUI and genetic counseling was further away in Basking Ridge)...So organized it surprised me. Everything was coordinated seamlessly. Wait times were always reasonable...Dr. Kim was was great. I got the results I wanted quickly so I did not need to see him often. He was surprised at how good my eggs were and said I had the eggs of a 34 year old. I trusted him with all procedures.
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
He was friendly and approachable.
Describe the protocols Thomas Kim used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey.
My insurance covered all tests, medications, and care. My out of pocket expense was for the donor sperm and IUI procedure.
Thomas Kim

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Maguire made this process so much easier for me. I had so much faith in her as a Dr and I fully trusted her. She always had a smile on her face and answered all of our questions. She was great and I will be going back for her to do my next transfer after this pregnancy...I did not feel comfortable jumping to IVF yet so Dr Maguire gave me other options to try before we went down that route. I wish that I would have listened to her from the beginning!
Definitely try to be there early! Wait times [at RMA of NJ] can drag on Monday’s and Friday’s since it’s their busiest time. Lab techs are fantastic! Very quick and painless. I love that the Drs are the ones performing the ultrasounds so they can give you real time results...[nurse] Josephine was very helpful whenever I had a question. She was very responsive. I sometimes prefer a call versus the message on the portal but she was still a very good communicator.
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Maguire made this process so much easier for me. I had so much faith in her as a Dr and I fully trusted her. She always had a smile on her face and answered all of our questions. She was great and I will be going back for her to do my next transfer after this pregnancy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Listen to her advice!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Maguire always made me feel comfortable and she was so down to earth. I never felt alone in the process with her.
Describe the protocols Marcy Maguire used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
She had suggested IVF from the beginning after all my initial work up and bloodwork. I did not feel comfortable jumping to IVF yet so Dr Maguire gave me other options to try before we went down that route. I wish that I would have listened to her from the beginning!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Definitely try to be there early! Wait times can drag on Monday’s and Friday’s since it’s their busiest time. Lab techs are fantastic! Very quick and painless. I love that the Drs are the ones performing the ultrasounds so they can give you real time results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey.
I had progyny to help cover finances starting in 2022.
Describe Marcy Maguire's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr Maguire did prefer we transfer only 1.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I called the after hours line one night with bleeding and the Dr I spoke to mentioned she would put in an order for bloodwork and ultrasound at basking ridge the next day since it was a Saturday. When I arrived, they could not find the order. Luckily it was resolved fairly quickly.
2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Marcy Maguire] prefers to do single transfer...She seemed calm and happy, well adjusted, and patient...She made eye contact, spoke clearly and honestly, and fielded our many questions with patience. She was upfront about success rates, which are low for us, and which were not explained to us when we did IUI and IVF in the other clinics we went to...Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Menopure. Then Ovidrell and Luprolide for trigger.
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] has ample parking and is easy to get to. The office is organized. I did this during the coronavirus pandemic, and they revised their check-in protocols to accommodate new safety measures (a little later than I would have liked but I was being hyper careful weeks before it became mainstream). They remember who I am, and are friendly. The nurses were able to find my veins!!!...The hours were adjusted because of the coronavirus, so there was a longer window of time than normal, which allowed less congestion. For this reason I didn't have to wait long. Still one time I did have to wait over 20 minutes in the room, as the person monitoring me was on a patient call.
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She seemed calm and happy, well adjusted, and patient.
Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Menopure. Then Ovidrell and Luprolide for trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alexis)
She was timely with calling us with instructions and updates. She got back to us if we left a message, once even after the hours she works. The office also has an emergency line and an on call doctor will call you back.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic has ample parking and is easy to get to. The office is organized. I did this during the coronavirus pandemic, and they revised their check-in protocols to accommodate new safety measures (a little later than I would have liked but I was being hyper careful weeks before it became mainstream). They remember who I am, and are friendly. The nurses were able to find my veins!!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Just medication, which was through CVS Caremark - about $350.
She prefers to do single transfer. I have read enough about the complications with multiple transfers and didn't question it.

2022, Successful
Dr Maguire is thoughtful and always ready to answer any questions I had about the process...During treatment, I have sent emails with questions and she would call me the same day to answer them. She was not able to perform my egg retrievals, but performed my transfer. She is highly skilled and competent with procedures...First cycle involved antagonist protocol, which is commonly used initially. I required max dose meds as I was slow and poor to respond. Resulted in 1 PGS normal embryo Second cycle was micro dose lupron flare protocol, ideally for those with DOR, which resulted in more eggs, but no PGS normal embryo...
The staff, nurses, and doctors [RMA of NJ] are highly skilled and knowledgeable...They are very by the book and aren't really open to new or innovative treatments right off the bat though...You will feel like a number and especially during morning monitoring, you will feel that the staff are just there to get you in and out. It does make sense due to the number of patients they see...They only offer morning monitoring, but had numerous locations which was convenient when I had to go to monitoring before work...
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
During our initial consult, Dr Maguire spends the time to explain everything and always available to answer questions. During treatment, I have sent emails with questions and she would call me the same day to answer them. She was not able to perform my egg retrievals, but performed my transfer. She is highly skilled and competent with procedures.
Always ask questions! she will answer them. If there is any hesitancy with regards to treatment, she makes sure you are comfortable with proceeding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Abi Troast)
Abi is wonderful. She is very knowledgeable with the whole process. Spends time answering questions and offers reassurance when needed. She is easy to contact via email and answers questions promptly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is highly reputable, but also a very busy place. You will feel like a number and especially during morning monitoring, you will feel that the staff are just there to get you in and out. It does make sense due to the number of patients they see. The staff, nurses, and doctors are highly skilled and knowledgeable. I think RMA is the place for fertility treatment if you really want success. They are very by the book and aren't really open to new or innovative treatments right off the bat though. I would like to think with my success, there was also a little luck involved.
Like cattle call, but mostly efficient. They only offer morning monitoring, but had numerous locations which was convenient when I had to go to monitoring before work.
insurance payed for about half for egg retrieval Meds were about 5K out of pocket Had to pay out of pocket for transfer which was around 5K
Only allow single embryo transfer
2021, Successful
He [Dr. Drews] studied my medical history from front to back and gave me the raw honest truth while still being kind and gentle. He was patient with me while I asked questions and wanted me to fully understand the process. Don’t expect to hear directly from him through the course of treatment. He does communicate through your assigned nurse but your answers are never left unanswered!
Monitoring appointments [at RMA of NJ] were a set amount of hours in the morning before regular 9-5 hours which was very convenient. I barely waited for more than 20 minutes since I would get there at 6am when they opened. You are in and out without being rushed...Anne [nurse] was a great communicator. The whole nursing staff was friendly and warm...
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
During our initial consultation, I was immediately confident in Dr Drews. He studied my medical history from front to back and gave me the raw honest truth while still being kind and gentle. He was patient with me while I asked questions and wanted me to fully understand the process. Don’t expect to hear directly from him through the course of treatment. He does communicate through your assigned nurse but your answers are never left unanswered!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust in him! He knows what he’s doing. He’s one of the founding partners and this is his life’s work. Again, you may not see him as often as you think but he is fully committed to you and your case.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Drews studied my records so well before our initial consultation, I barely had to say a word. He was very thorough and honest. He made me feel at ease
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne Teplin)
Anne was a great communicator. The whole nursing staff was friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Get there as early as possible to reduce wait times. The clinic can get packed very quickly. However, the staff are all so friendly and patient. You never feel like you’re being pushed out. The facility is clean and you feel comfortable throughout your treatments and early monitoring.
Monitoring appointments were a set amount of hours in the morning before regular 9-5 hours which was very convenient. I barely waited for more than 20 minutes since I would get there at 6am when they opened. You are in and out without being rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
I don’t have a breakdown but all in all, a little under $18,000 without medication. My insurance covered about $11,000 and I paid $7,000 out of pocket. My insurance also paid all medications.
Describe Michael Drews's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr Drews did advise on a single embryo transfer since my embryos were tested and genetically normal to reduce the risk of multiples and preterm labor.
Michael Drews
2018 - 2020, Successful
From the day I met dr. Maguire I trusted her 100%. Super personable, knowledgeable, professional, confident and humble. Out of 3 transfers she did 2 and both resulted in pregnancy...We could not be more happier with her care; her diagnosis and treatment were spot on, no adjustments no change of protocol or medication. We are forever grateful.
I think the [RMA of New Jersey] clinic is run well and professional. At times overcrowded but It did not affect the quality and care I received. Everyone seems to know what they are doing. From doctors, nurses through billing department and front desk staff. I have to compliment the acupuncture staff, they were excellent.
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
From the day I met dr. Maguire I trusted her 100%. Super personable, knowledgeable, professional, confident and humble. Out of 3 transfers she did 2 and both resulted in pregnancy. One is 2.5 year old now and second currently 27 weeks. We could not be more happier with her care; her diagnosis and treatment were spot on, no adjustments no change of protocol or medication. We are forever grateful.
Ask questions and be honest. She will not promise you anything but will give you hope and she will deliver the results.
With my second and third transfer the clinic just reopened after the covid -19 lockdown. At that time the clinic was very busy and many times the waiting for morning monitoring were over an hour. Despite that every experience and interaction I have was great and Human
Egg retrieval Estradiol Gonal Low dose HCG Trigger shot -ovidrell Frozen Transfer Progesterone in olive oil Endometrin -
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Hendricks )
Jill is organized, professional, knowledgeable and personable. She stays on the top of her responsibilities and provides excellent care and advise. She was patient to listen and explain all of my questions and concerns. The journey is not easy in any way and she did great to help us go through it as smoothly and hopeful as could be.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I think the clinic is run well and professional. At times overcrowded but It did not affect the quality and care I received. Everyone seems to know what they are doing. From doctors, nurses through billing department and front desk staff. I have to compliment the acupuncture staff, they were excellent.
The monitoring hours were very convenient especially if you are working. During Covid they were organized in alphabetical order. Prior to covid, easy, professional, quick
For 1st cycle we used insurance with copay and some treatments were not covered so it was around 11K but for the second one we used Progny coverage and basically cost us close to nothing
We trusted dr. Maguires approach and we went with single embryo transfer

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Maguire did not rush any visits and really took the time to get to know me...She was able to give accurate information and knew exactly what would work best for me...so nice, caring and compassionate...you can tell loves what she does. Dr. Maguire made me feel comfortable each time. She was able to explain the process and procedures. Dr. Maguire went into details on the ultrasound and answered all my questions...
Alexis [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] was very caring and compassionate when delivering information. She answered every question I had with confidence...All the staff from the Doctors to nurses to blood work staff to staff at desk everyone was so friendly and optimistic for me. They all are supportive and rooting you for a successful pregnancy...
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
I would recommend Dr. Maguire to anyone looking for fertility treatment. She was a sweet doctor who you can tell loves what she does. Dr. Maguire made me feel comfortable each time. She was able to explain the process and procedures. Dr. Maguire went into details on the ultrasound and answered all my questions.
Be positive and trust Dr. Maguire, she knows what she is doing.
Dr. Maggie’s was so nice, caring and compassionate. She was able to give accurate information and knew exactly what would work best for me. Dr. Maguire did not rush any visits and really took the time to get to know me.
I have poor egg quality so when I tried IUI’s for unsure purposes I was informed that it could take a while because of our circumstances. After I completed IUI’s for insurance I went right into IVF. My first IVF was a success and I couldn’t be happier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alexis Martin)
Alexis was very caring and compassionate when delivering information. She answered every question I had with confidence.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are all wonderful and would recommend them all. All the staff from the Doctors to nurses to blood work staff to staff at desk everyone was so friendly and optimistic for me. They all are supportive and rooting you for a successful pregnancy.
I only have the option for single embryo transfer but I think that is a good idea to prevent complications.
West Orange

She is very passionate in what she does. She was very sensitive and attentive to us during our long and hard journey. We felt she is like a friend to us sharing our hardships and joy...recommended IVF treatment again and she was right. After first IVF transfer, we got successful. Now we are pregnant and happy with joy... treated us as a family. Always attentive, always sensitive to our fears and needs.
front desk and nurses were absolutely wonderful [at RMA of New Jersey]. Friendly and attentive. Small setback is mondays and fridays as it is a small center so you might encounter longer wait times. But the friendly faces make the wait easier...After first IVF transfer, we got successful. Now we are pregnant and happy with joy!
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
She is very passionate in what she does. She was very sensitive and attentive to us during our long and hard journey. We felt she is like a friend to us sharing our hardships and joy. She recommended us IVF right from the start based on our diagnosis but because of financial situation, we chose other option as IUI. After several attempts, Marcy Maguire recommended IVF treatment again and she was right. After first IVF transfer, we got successful. Now we are pregnant and happy with joy!
Trust her opinion
The doctor and her team of nurses treated us as a family. Always attentive, always sensitive to our fears and needs.
Our process was for about 2,5 years. 6 IUIs and 1 IVF. Primarily we used Follistim. Didn't record all meds i had to take as had clear instructions in patient portal and didn't feel the need to record.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine Zezza)
I had 2 nurses along my journey. First nurse stopped working during pandemic but she was great and communicated with me via phone primarily. Second nurse, Josephine, communicated with me via emails. I like both nurses. My preference was email communication as i work second shift and it was easier to get the information on time for me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
i think that location is smth that i didn't consider first but became very important when i had to go early in the morning for monitoring. As it was early times of the day , plus frequent visits, the close location of clinic worked very well. Secondly, front desk and nurses were absolutely wonderful. Friendly and attentive. Small setback is mondays and fridays as it is a small center so you might encounter longer wait times. But the friendly faces make the wait easier :)
All my IUI treatments were paid by my health insurance except co-pay of $50 medications (around 500$ each time). IVF treatment approximately came to 25K.
Yes, my doctor wanted to do only a single embryo transfer after genetic testing.
2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Maguire] spent extra time answering my questions and allowed me to express my anxiousness about the process...I was very nervous about IVF and she talked me though it answering my questions. She made me realize IVF was the only option because of low sperm out. She helped me get off the fence about and so far I am happy with the results and feel fortunate...
Norma [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] was great. She was very clear with instructions, and answered my questions in a timely manner. She is also very patient and friendly. All the nurses seemed this way. I was taken care of well...There were a few long waits but these things happen. You go to the clinic a lot so it can’t be perfect timing all the time. Bring a sweater; AC can be intense. Everyone was apologetic when it took a long time during morning monitoring...
How was your experience with Marcy Maguire at RMA of New Jersey?
Everything becomes routine: the monitoring appointments, the shots, the pills. You get use to it all. Retrieval day was great; I was given Valium and when I woke up I got a cookie.
She spent extra time answering my questions and allowed me to express my anxiousness about the process
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Norma Joshi)
Norma was great. She was very clear with instructions, and answered my questions in a timely manner. She is also very patient and friendly. All the nurses seemed this way. I was taken care of well.

2019 - 2020, Consult
[Dr. Melissa Yih has a] Strong preference for single embryo transfer...She was flexible in scheduling and was kind, patient, and thorough when we met... We have embryos from our previous IVF round and were looking for someone to manage our upcoming embryo transfer. Dr. Yih was very flexible in scheduling our consultation appointment due to our work schedule and distance we needed to travel. During our appointment she was very kind and thorough. She reviewed our medical history and explained what the next steps could look like. We left feeling very comfortable and well informed.
Our insurance does not cover infertility. Our consultation [at RMA of New Jersey] was approximately $200 and our initial testing (blood/saline sonogram) was approximately $1,000...Overall the building and office is very nice. The staff were courteous and welcoming. Scheduling was easy and flexible. My visit was efficient and ran smoothly. All of the tests were conducted as they said they would be and we didn't run into any problems.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
We came to Dr. Yih because our previous doctor, Dr. Kaser, moved to California. We have embryos from our previous IVF round and were looking for someone to manage our upcoming embryo transfer. Dr. Yih was very flexible in scheduling our consultation appointment due to our work schedule and distance we needed to travel. During our appointment she was very kind and thorough. She reviewed our medical history and explained what the next steps could look like. We left feeling very comfortable and well informed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
We really don't have anything to recommend other than schedule an appointment and go meet her! (and ask to have Jen as your nurse)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
She was flexible in scheduling and was kind, patient, and thorough when we met.
Describe the protocols Melissa Yih used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We have not begun the embryo transfer cycle yet. I will update when we begin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen Graeves)
Words can't explain how amazing my nurse, Jen G., has been. She is an extremely talented and efficient communicator. She is kind and compassionate and will be your advocate when needed. When choosing a doctor to use after our doctor moved to another state, my decision really hinged on whether Jen could be my nurse again. She is really that amazing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.
Our insurance does not cover infertility. Our consultation was approximately $200 and our initial testing (blood/saline sonogram) was approximately $1,000.
Describe Melissa Yih's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer.
Hamilton (closed)

Dr Kaser is compassionate and has great bed side manner. He took on my infertility case after 1 failed and 1 ectopic cycle. He was thorough and took his time with me. He is honest and down to earth...I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
I feel that all doctors at RMA that I have met with are strongly against multiple embryo transfers. Yet Ive had 3 failed transfere with pgs tested embryos. We may consider putting in 2 if my 4th transfer fails...is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Kasee is a great listener. He reviews all my records prior to meeting with me and always shows up prepared. He is a great colloborator. My situation is complicated because both my partner and I are healthy, no issues, except my age of 39. I received medical advice from an infertility specialist through a 3rd party program. Dr Kaser reviewed my report with me and incoporated some of the protocol in my cycle. He's also collaborated with other doctors at RMA on my case to have a second set of eyes assist with a very complicated case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Do you research because Dr Kaser is a professional who wants his patients to be at the table making decisions with him. Come prepared with questions, he is very patient and will answer all your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I was under Dr. Kaser's care for my 3rd FET. He had me take my estrace pills vaginally to increase the lining quicker and the standard progesterone dosage. Prior to the cycle he performed an ERA and endometrial biopsy to ensure we were transfering on the right day and there was no infection. Unfortunately my 3rd FET resulted in a negative pregnancy test and we will be changing the protocol significantly for my 4th
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa Katzman)
Marissa has been with me since day 1 which is May 2017. She is professional, organized and consistent. She is compassionate and just great at what she does. Her communication skills are strong. She listens carefully, answers all questions and if she does not know the answer follows up. She communicates both on email and phone and has a sense of urgency when needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a big organization and each department has their own responsibilities. My doctor and nurse communicate well and are on the same page. The finance department seems to be stretched too thin. It takes them a long time to reply to billing questions yet when you have to pay up front for a cycle they have a sense of urgency. The finance department lacks compassion and understanding of what the patients are going through. I would require special training for all finance or anyone for that matter who talks to patients. RMA should also invest is bringing on more support for the Finance department.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey.
With just Dr Kaser about 15,000
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Hamilton (closed)

Found Dr. Kaser to be extremely involved with my case. When things weren’t going well he stopped all other clinicians from doing any testing and did it all himself even if it meant him coming to work at 6am just to see me. I found him to be genuinely disappointed when I was and really felt my pain through the process...He was super genuine and explained everything well. I would have liked to see him more frequently but that ended up happening when my case became more complex. He was good about returning phone calls and never rushed through the conversations.
I never waited long [for monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey]. I got there when they opened and was seen quickly for bloodwork and then for an ultrasound. I was often in and out in about 10 minutes...Clinic was fairly small but I liked that i got to know everyone by first name. They asked how i was, including the receptionist. They start to become familiar when you’re there a lot. They opened a new clinic in the middle of the process that was more updated and new, but with the same people. They were organized, easy to talk to
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
If you are the type of person that needs all of info up front, ask for it. They only give you as much as you need unless you ask for more.
For retrieval, gonal f, cetrotide, low dose hcg For transfer progesterone suppositories
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa katzmann)
My nurse was awesome. Always responded with emails and quickly. She was a great connection throughout process
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I never waited long. I got there when they opened and was seen quickly for bloodwork and then for an ultrasound. I was often in and out in about 10 minutes
Storage of frozen embryos and anything related to genetic testing as well as medication copays
I had some complications with my first pregnancy so he would only implant one as it was safest for me and baby

2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients...However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They [RMA] also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too...My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients. Time is not on our side and she pretty much told us that too. I am a very optimistic person and always kept telling myself that this is possible even though times she acted like we were out of our league.
Always stay optimistic even if she says there is little hope. Where this is life there is always hope. Ask a lot of questions and don't stop until you get the complete answer to your question even if it is not the answer you want to hear.
Dr Yih was very straight forward. She did explain things to us and did take the time we needed and were not rushed out of the office. However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
Dr Yih only did 2 chlomid cycles with us because my insurance would not pay for the ivf at the time. I did a few FSH blood test to see if I still had viable eggs. although my numbers were going up they were still in the range of having viable eggs even though I was 45 years old. I feel she should have tried to take some eggs to freeze and or test to see if they were of a good quality. now that I am 50 I know that my eggs are not a quality that I could use them for my own ivf. Neither of the rounds of chlomid were positive. I was glad to try them because it gave me hope that it definitely could happen for us because if you don't try you have 0 chance of getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed. She was nice but I still feel that we were not taken seriously because of our ages. when I would contact the clinic about having specific forms filled out I felt like I got the run around and one time we missed getting the forms to the Baby Quest grant people in time because of a miscommunication with either the nursing staff or the doctor
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I like the location because it is only about 15 minutes from home and work which to me is a positive thing especially when my husband had to take in a semen sample. The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too.
my insurance at the time only paid for diagnostic tests and not the actual ivf or iui but it did cover the meds like cholmid. although the first initial visit was about $300 that I didn't have the money to pay for and my fiancée had to pay for it until I could reimburse him (we were not married yet) and now that I have a better job with better insurance it covers most of the office visits and meds but because of the age limit on the mandate it will not pay for the IVF.
Dr. Yih did discuss the eSET with us but didn't really comment if it was the best solution or not. I did a lot of research and found that the eSET was actually healthier for the mother not having the stress of carrying multiples and especially because my husband does not want twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
When we first went to RMA it was a good visit and we were excited to find out that we would be able to have a positive result however we were not married yet and for me to be on my husbands policy we had to get married. we planned our wedding in august and we met with Dr Yih in May. We did all the stuff needed to advance but she didn't tell us that the state of NJ had a mandate that insurance would only cover the IVF for women under the age of 46. I was 45 at the time and we got married just 2 weeks after I turned 46 and could be on my husbands policy. if we had known or had been told of this stipulation we would have gotten married in May and had everything done before the end of July. This information fell thru the cracks on every level, doctor, nurse, financial advisor which ultimately left us without financial support to continue the journey to have a child.
Hamilton (closed)
He [Dr. Daniel Kaser] is extremely knowledgeable, willing to listen to ideas, explains his methodology, pays attention to every minor detail, answers all questions (no matter how big, small, or ridiculous you may seem to think they may be), shares in the highs and lows, best personality for infertility. I could keep going on and on - so happy we were recommended to him...Ask all your questions, don’t google answers, get answers from Dr. Kaser. He’s very knowledgeable, experienced, compassionate, and patient.
RMANJ is big. And they know how to run sufficiently. They opened early for monitoring and had a streamlined process to make sure everyone is seen in a timely manner. I never felt rushed...Top of the line technology...So many people go to them for a reason, they know what they are doing...For billing and meds - stay on top of it...You need to be your number one champion and let RMA help you along the way..
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kaser is exactly the doctor you want for any scenario, but especially for something as emotionally and physically draining as infertility. He is extremely knowledgeable, willing to listen to ideas, explains his methodology, pays attention to every minor detail, answers all questions (no matter how big, small, or ridiculous you may seem to think they may be), shares in the highs and lows, best personality for infertility. I could keep going on and on - so happy we were recommended to him.
Ask questions. Ask all your questions, don’t google answers, get answers from Dr. Kaser. He’s very knowledgeable, experienced, compassionate, and patient.
I was on a tough road that led me to Dr. Kaser. He was extremely compassionate, patient, non-judgmental, driven, positive when I couldn’t be, and had such determined reassurance for me. I was a mess when I came to him and he took the time to really listen and learn about me and together we worked for me to get my baby, and I am typing this as my almost 5 month old is sleeping across from me in his crib. Dr. Kaser knew I wanted to be informed and involved every step of the way and he made certain I understood each step. Always responsive and caring.
We began with comprehensive bloodwork and screening for both my husband and me. It was already decided I’d do a freeze all retrieval using my husband’s sperm. I took CoQ10 600mg daily, baby aspirin, and other vitamins to begin with. My husband also had to take meds. I had follistim objectively twice a day (I think 225iu twice a day), as well as lo dose hcg, microdose lupron, and a trigger shot. This was my fifth Retrieval (the precious ones were at another clinic). Due to my precious retrieval’s, Dr Kaser adjusted the timing to do it a little earlier since it seemed like a previous one was a little late. We did CCS testing and we had 4 genetically normal embryos - the most at one time ever. Next he texted my lining and discovered I’d need to do a transfer one day earlier than standard, and that served as a scratch to get the embryo to stick. For the frozen embryo transfer cycle, I used endometrin 3 times a day, methotrexate (I believe) for about a week, Valium day of transfer (to relax uterus) and laser acupuncture, and was successful the first transfer! I preferred not to know the sex until I got a positive result. It was amazing to get the call that it was positive! When I next met with Dr. Kaser for my scan we were both beyond thrilled. I then asked for the sex of the baby and he told me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Hillary)
Hillary was on top of my care. I probably spoke more with her than anyone else. My communication with her was primarily email which I preferred since I feel it’s faster and I could always make sure my questions were detailed to my liking. I would ask her anything and everything and she would always respond with kindness and logic - which I always appreciated. She was also detrimental to my success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMANJ is big. And they know how to run sufficiently. They opened early for monitoring and had a streamlined process to make sure everyone is seen in a timely manner. I never felt rushed with my doctors and always could ask all my questions. Due to my previous experiences I know to speak up for myself and I did, and they had no problem with that. The facilities are beautiful and clean, modern. (I’ve been to Princeton, Marlton, and Basking Ridge). Top of the line technology. Also, the transfer room was the best experience ever, having my husband with me, having the embryo brought in inside an incubator, seeing it all on a big screen - it was beautiful. They are huge, they do not treat you like a number when they are treating you. So many people go to them for a reason, they know what they are doing. When they first see you the have to start with some kind of care, their golden standard, and adjust and be flexible accordingly to find what works best with you. It works. For billing and meds - stay on top of it. Know your insurance, know your pharmacy, know your scripts. Follow up daily and twice daily if need be. Some people don’t have to work to get pregnant, some, like me, do. You need to be your number one champion and let RMA help you along the way.
I at times felt rushed by seeing other women in the waiting room or elevator, but once signed in would always be taken within 10 minutes for blood work, and then within 10 minutes to the room (usually faster). The phlebotomists were friendly and did a great job finding a vein (mine are always so hard to find), the nursing staff was great, and even if I didn’t see my doctor, the one on duty always took time to go over and explain my ultrasound, the protocol, and answer all my questions.
I had to pay a $25 copay a few times before I met my out of pocket limit with insurance. Also the insurance I had covered unlimited infertility treatments and it covered my medicine 100% after meeting my out of pocket. I did have to pay $2500 for embryo testing, $600 for the ERA, and $200 for laser acupuncture day of transfer. Insurance also covered freezing and storage of semen and embryos.
He preferred eSet and I decided to go with his expertise. (Even though I so wanted to make sure I would be pregnant and was considering multiple embryo transfer. He was confident that a single embryo would work and he was right!)
Hamilton (closed)

...After the D&C, testing showed an unbalanced translocation. Since that was my third loss, Dr. Doherty wasted no time and had a karyotype done on us and found that I have a balanced translocation. With that, as relieved as I was to have an answer, I was terrified it was the end of the road for us. Dr. Doherty explained what this meant for us with compassion and was hopeful that with lots of eggs to work with and testing of our embryos, we would get pregnant with a healthy baby. We got ready for another retrieval and were again successful with 45 eggs retrieved this time! Six made it to testing and two were normal. I was again, grate
...Jennifer [Nurse at RMANJ] is THE best! She is calm and caring and on top of things. Jenn would call when she knew I was able to talk (I'm a teacher) and explained everything thoroughly every time. She answered ALL of my questions and calmed my fears when I lost it emotionally. Jennifer became part of my life and I looked forward to talking to her each day. She would even call in between procedures while we were waiting for results just to check in and say hello. She invested herself into our case and called on her day off to congratulate us. I will keep in touch with Jennifer- I love her!
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
From our first meeting with Dr. Doherty we knew we were at the right place with the right doctor. He listened to our concerns and fears and answered all of our questions honestly and professionally. He set up a game plan that we were comfortable with and took it on with confidence. Our first retrieval was successful with 32 eggs retrieved and 3 embryos to freeze. I was thankful to have Dr. Doherty perform my transfer and was ecstatic to get the call from him saying I was pregnant! Unfortunately, at my 6 week ultrasound Dr. Doherty cautioned us that the baby's heartbeat was a bit slow. We came back two days later to find out it was barely there and the growth had stopped. We went back two days after that and saw Dr. Yi for the ultrasound which showed the faintest of heartbeats. Dr. Doherty personally called us that evening to see how we were holding up. That phone call meant the world to us. After the D&C, testing showed an unbalanced translocation. Since that was my third loss, Dr. Doherty wasted no time and had a karyotype done on us and found that I have a balanced translocation. With that, as relieved as I was to have an answer, I was terrified it was the end of the road for us. Dr. Doherty explained what this meant for us with compassion and was hopeful that with lots of eggs to work with and testing of our embryos, we would get pregnant with a healthy baby. We got ready for another retrieval and were again successful with 45 eggs retrieved this time! Six made it to testing and two were normal. I was again, grateful to have Dr. Doherty perform my second transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test! I was terrified that each ultrasound would bring bad news. Dr. Doherty comforted our fears and really helped us get through those first weeks without going insane. If I had a question, he answered it. If I had a concern, he addressed it. It was so bittersweet when we graduated from RMA and Dr. Doherty's care. Happy we made it this far, sad to leave Dr. Doherty and the RMA family that we had come to love.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
His calm and optimistic demeanor will get you through the good and the bad. Trust him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Doherty always took the time to answer the MANY questions we had and he always did it with a smile. He is kind, caring, patient, and professional. Dr. Doherty made us feel like we were the only patients under his care and went above and beyond every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Graeve)
Jennifer is THE best! She is calm and caring and on top of things. Jenn would call when she knew I was able to talk (I'm a teacher) and explained everything thoroughly every time. She answered ALL of my questions and calmed my fears when I lost it emotionally. Jennifer became part of my life and I looked forward to talking to her each day. She would even call in between procedures while we were waiting for results just to check in and say hello. She invested herself into our case and called on her day off to congratulate us. I will keep in touch with Jennifer- I love her!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Every staff member at RMANJ that I have come in contact with from the receptionists to the nurses to the financial coordinator have been fantastic to deal with. Smiles in the morning, friendly conversations, and personal attention throughout our journey will always be remembered. It is a large practice, but each person on the team always treated us with care and compassion.
It was a well-oiled machine and did not interfere with work or my day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey.
We were extremely lucky to have mostly everything covered by insurance. We only paid out of pocket for ultrasound co-pays, cryopreservation, PGD/CCS testing, and acupuncture before and after transfer.
Describe Leo Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I was sure that transferring two embryos would give us the best odds. Dr. Doherty explained in detail the benefits of eSET with my age and BT. We are so glad we took his advice and transferred one embryo.
Hamilton (closed)

He [Dr. Doherty] and his assistants were always very responsive to all our phone and email questions, getting back to us often within an hour or two if during business hours or immediately the next morning if it was a non-urgent request in the evening. We had to undergo several procedures and each time Dr. Doherty described the procedures in detail as well as the impact to our timeline. Since Dr. Doherty is part of a larger practice (RMA), we did not see him every time at the Hamilton office. Instead we saw other doctors part of the practice for bloodwork and ultrasounds. However, we were OK with that because we didn't have any issues with any of the other doctors. In addition, if Dr. Doherty felt that it was important to meet us in person for a particular discussion, he would request that and we would see him directly...
Despite the size of RMA, we really do feel Marissa is our personal nurse and that she is 100% focused on only us. She shows great compassion towards our concerns and anxiety. She responds by email (our preferred method) often within an hour or two. She is always available for questions during bloodwork/ultrasound visits. She even spent 30 minutes teaching us how to perform the progesterone injections...
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Doherty has incredible "bedside manner" and is able to communicate down to the individual detail but with a very compassionate tone. He and his assistants were always very responsive to all our phone and email questions, getting back to us often within an hour or two if during business hours or immediately the next morning if it was a non-urgent request in the evening. We had to undergo several procedures and each time Dr. Doherty described the procedures in detail as well as the impact to our timeline. Since Dr. Doherty is part of a larger practice (RMA), we did not see him every time at the Hamilton office. Instead we saw other doctors part of the practice for bloodwork and ultrasounds. However, we were OK with that because we didn't have any issues with any of the other doctors. In addition, if Dr. Doherty felt that it was important to meet us in person for a particular discussion, he would request that and we would see him directly. Dr. Doherty was orders of magnitude better than our first doctor we saw at a different practice.
Keep in mind RMA is distributed across multiple sites and you may not always see Dr. Doherty if you are at a satellite location. For us this wasn't an issue because Dr. Doherty was always very aware of our latest bloodwork and ultrasound and we were able to communicate often over email and phone.
Describe the protocols Leo Doherty used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
For us, Dr. Doherty started right on IVF preparation because we had multiple failed IUI cycles and a failed IVF cycle with another practice. We appreciated that he listed to our current state and was willing to pick up with the other practice left off. He also performed surgery twice to remove fibroids prior to the egg retrieval/transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marissa DiGiacomo)
Marissa has been amazing! Despite the size of RMA, we really do feel Marissa is our personal nurse and that she is 100% focused on only us. She shows great compassion towards our concerns and anxiety. She responds by email (our preferred method) often within an hour or two. She is always available for questions during bloodwork/ultrasound visits. She even spent 30 minutes teaching us how to perform the progesterone injections. We couldn't ask for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: Their stats are strong for our demographic. They seem to have the latest technologies and some of the best surgeons on the team. They are great with phone, email, and in-person communication. We never need to wait more than 10 minutes during morning checkups. They have multiple offices making it convenient for our work commute. We haven't had a poor experience with a doctor yet and we've seen at least 5 of them. Weaknesses: Some may feel it's too large. It's several doctors and several offices. However, the relationship we built with Dr. Doherty and the nurse (Marissa) make it feel like a small practice where we get a lot of attention.
The majority of our costs were covered by insurance except for the genetic counseling and genetic testing. We visited the dietian (covered), a genetic counselor ($100ish?), did laser accupuncture before/after a transfer ($200), and did the genetic testing ($2000ish?)
Hamilton (closed)

[Dr. Melissa Yih's] very friendly, she make sure i understand what's going on with my body and when am concern or feeling uneasy, she just pickups the phone and call me...friendly and approchable. She made me feel relax to talk to her. She understood my challenge and was blunt and open and honest with me. I appreciate her being sensitive to my challenges at the same time she gave me reality of things...Communication with doctor before surgery and communication with doctor after
Daily email communication with the support staff [at RMA of New Jersey] including nurse and finance dept...The time slot for monitoring appointments was long enough that when you come in your not crowded. The person that does the blood work, is friendly and work fast . Their goal is to get you in and get you out to start your day...Clean atmosphere, welcoming. Advance technology for signing in. It could be challenging for the fist time but the staff are there to help. The practice is for fertility only. I felt like everyone that came to the office is in the same journey as me.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
The doctor was friendly and approchable. She made me feel relax to talk to her. She understood my challenge and was blunt and open and honest with me. I appreciate her being sensitive to my challenges at the same time she gave me reality of things
Be patient with the process
She's very friendly, she make sure i understand what's going on with my body and when am concern or feeling uneasy, she just pickups the phone and call me
- Weekly blood work - Weekly ultrasound - Daily email communication with the support staff including nurse and finance dept. - 3x a day shots - prep for suggery - Communication with doctor before surgery and communication with doctor after
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: C Pierman)
Daily communication, even sometime hour communication. When she's on duty I can expect a fast response to my email. She address my concerns very quickly, I appreciate that
including insurance coverage 8k
Hamilton (closed)

Dr. Kaser met with us for almost two full hours on our first visit. He is monitoring our current IVF cycle from NJ (we live in PA). He has called on several occasions to check-in, see if we have any questions and touch-base about any upcoming changes. I can't express enough how professional and thorough he has been with us.
The clinic [RMANJ-Hamilton] itself is a bit of a 'hole in the wall'. It is small, but I wouldn't let this put you off. So far our paperwork has been handled well, and all of our concerns have been addressed in a very timely manner.... Jennifer [a nurse] is really well organized and on top of everything. She has been really helpful in coordinating our treatment and has been really kind and pleasant on the phone.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be deceived by the look of the Hamilton office. It seems a little bit like a hole in the wall, but don't worry.
We met with Dr. Kaser after a failed IVF with another RMA clinic. He was warm and friendly, but matter-of-fact and really detail oriented. He is incredibly professional and (while I'm not a doctor) really seems very competent. He was balanced in his assessment and reviewed all possible options with us. We really liked him immediately and felt very comfortable.
Waiting for this at the moment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer is really well organized and on top of everything. She has been really helpful in coordinating our treatment and has been really kind and pleasant on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic itself is a bit of a 'hole in the wall'. It is small, but I wouldn't let this put you off. So far our paperwork has been handled well, and all of our concerns have been addressed in a very timely manner.
Not sure yet... there are a couple variables in play. Most likely between $20,000 - $40,000.
RMA in general prefers frozen, single embryo transfers and cites this as best practice.
Hamilton (closed)

I conceived naturally and Dr. Doherty called me himself to congratulate me. When that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage he also called me himself to offer support and reassurance. I never feel pressured to do any treatment. I feel that he gives me all the facts and allows me to make my own decision.... He is honest, caring and compassionate. He tells all the facts even if you don't want to hear them which helps me be an informed patient.
You will see many different PAS and Drs during your monitoring [at RMA of New Jersey]. The person doing your treatment may not be your regular dr.... Jen [a nurse] reached out to me multiple times after my miscarriage to make sure I was okay even though the conception was natural and not a result of a fertility treatment. She is knowledgeable, compassionate and receptive.... I'm not sure if it was RMA or quest but I had bloodwork misplaced and had to get it redrawn.
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
I wish every iui and ultrasound was with Dr. Doherty. I recommend him all the time. He is honest, caring and compassionate. He tells all the facts even if you don't want to hear them which helps me be an informed patient.
Go for it!
I wish Dr Doherty was always the physician I would see. I did have an IUI with a trigger shot based on an ultrasound someone else did and he even said he would have maybe waited another day.
Jen reached out to me multiple times after my miscarriage to make sure I was okay even though the conception was natural and not a result of a fertility treatment. She is knowledgeable, compassionate and receptive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
You will see many different PAS and Drs during your monitoring. The per son doing your treatment may not be your regular dr.
IUI mostly covered by insurance
Dr. Doherty refuses to allow me to transfer two embryos on my first IVF attempt. Even though I very much want to, he explained the risks of transferring two and the evidence surrounding eSET. I know that his decision is with my safety in mind.

2011 - 2012, Successful
She was blunt, but caring at the same time... Dr. Treiser was the primary doctor behind my treatment plan, however I did not see her for monitoring appointments.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser was the primary doctor behind my treatment plan, however I did not see her for monitoring appointments. She did perform my transfer. As it is a large clinic, many doctors were seen throughout my treatment. I was assigned a coordinator, who acted as the go between between myself and Dr. Treiser.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She is not the most warm and fuzzy person, but she knows what she is doing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser is very professional, but clearly wants the best for her patients. She was blunt, but caring at the same time. This is clearly her field of expertise, but she still tried to connect with us on a personal level during our visits. Since the birth of my children, she has personally reached out to me to check in.
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don't recall specifics. The egg donor cycle was successful, but my previous estrogen priming protocol had resulted in embryos that did not make it to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Domenica Abramo)
Domenica held my hand throughout the entire donor egg process. She calmed me down when I was a nervous wreck and she celebrated the milestones with me. Domenica promptly responded to all of my requests (Even emailed me back on New Year's Eve)! She was compassionate and reassuring throughout the entire process.
Monitoring appointments in Hamilton were during a window of time, but patients were typically moved in and out fairly quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
Fortunately, I had great health insurance. I was responsible for the fee for the donor, medications and copays.
Susan Treiser
Hamilton (closed)
Overall my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Yih. She was our biggest supporter through everything and worked to make this process as easy to understand as possible. If she was not the dr to perform a procedure she checked in with me personally as soon as the procedure was over.... I would say not to get frustrated if Dr. Yih isn't able to be at every appointment or monitoring hour. She genuinely cares for the patients and takes part in both the joys and sadness that occur along the way. She is so supportive.
Our nurse Jen [at RMA of New Jersey-Hamilton] was absolutely amazing. She helped me along every step of the way and was immensely supportive throughout the entire process.... I was assigned a nurse to work with directly with Dr. Yih and together they answered all of my questions.... Overall my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Yih. She was our biggest supporter through everything and worked to make this process as easy to understand as possible. If she was not the dr to perform a procedure she checked in with me personally as soon as the procedure was over.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Our nurse Jen was absolutely amazing. She helped me along every step of the way and was immensely supportive throughout the entire process.
2006 - 2012, Successful
He’s [Dr. Michael Darder] kind, empathetic, well-versed, smart, and covers many options/concerns. We were nervous but he calmed us. He even suggested a therapist for sex therapy since he recognized how difficult infertility could be on a marriage... I took clomid even though it was male factor. They said it helped out chances of a successful IUI... They have a lot of patients but treat you like a human. They are smart & know what they’re doing. Everyone is smart & kind, empathetic & patient. It’s a tough job but they do it with a smile & with ease.
They [RMA of NJ] have a lot of patients but treat you like a human. They are smart & know what they’re doing. Everyone is smart & kind, empathetic & patient. It’s a tough job but they do it with a smile & with ease. I don’t remember any weaknesses... always kind & patient. Always answered questions. Even the girls behind the desk were always kind
How was your experience with Michael Darder at RMA of New Jersey?
He’s kind, empathetic, well-versed, smart, and covers many options/concerns. We were nervous but he calmed us. He even suggested a therapist for sex therapy since he recognized how difficult infertility could be on a marriage
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Darder at RMA of New Jersey?
Listen to him, ask lots of questions, be patient. No one is a miracle worker
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Darder at RMA of New Jersey?
Everyone was kind & explained everything always
Describe the protocols Michael Darder used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I remember a lot of tests. I took clomid even though it was male factor. They said it helped out chances of a successful IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They have a lot of patients but treat you like a human. They are smart & know what they’re doing. Everyone is smart & kind, empathetic & patient. It’s a tough job but they do it with a smile & with ease. I don’t remember any weaknesses
Michael Darder
2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Doherty is a very kind man, he listens to you, checks in to make sure everything is okay and makes sure you are comfortable...I am still currently under the care of Dr. Doherty. I just started my cycle but so far he has been an amazing doctor...Very friendly and clean atmosphere [at RMA of New Jersey]. All the facilities are great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very friendly and clean atmosphere. All the facilities are great!

Surrogacy With Other Docs
[Dr. Leo Doherty] is very caring and sincerely wants to help. He is passionate and emotionally invested in his patients...He always called me himself with both good and bad news. He kept positive and did two out of three transfers himself. He spent time helping me understand all peocedures and options. And support me on this two year journey...He recommended a single transfer for me so that i won't have twins...
Jen [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] was great. Knowledgable, on top of things, compassionate, and calm...15 000 egg retrieval and 4000 each transfer...Big practice, so all services in house, but had to drive to Baskin ridge on weekends and holidays. Nice abd attentive stafd. Much better than main office, where nurses are too busy. It was fine. Good location and ambiance...[Dr. Leo Doherty] is very caring and sincerely wants to help. He is passionate and emotionally invested in his patient
How was your experience with Leo Doherty at RMA of New Jersey?
Be honest and take his advice
He is very caring and sincerely wants to help. He is passionate and emotionally invested in his patients.
Jen was great. Knowledgable, on top of things, compassionate, and calm
15 000 egg retrieval and 4000 each transfer
He recommended a single transfer for me so that i won't have twins

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
There are many doctors in the RMA practice. It's convenient when needing to schedule appointments, but morning monitoring felt like a chicken coup. You are just a number. I felt as though there could have been more testing on me, as I was not going through insurance, before making a huge investment in IVF...Strengths: reputation, multiple offices, resources Weaknesses: patients go to them, so they don't need to focus much on patients, the money is coming to them regardless
How was your experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
RMA is expensive, and they are not compassionate when it comes to multiple cycle costs, not necessarily the Doctor but they don't get involved and honestly they should know. They recommend IVF straight away, and in my case that was not the best course of action. I had more testing that should have been done, to realize it was a waste of $28K. I asked Dr. Jurema if there were more tests we could do after my 3rd miscarriage, and he recommended we do another cycle and just pay for the new advanced testing. I had already done testing and had 1 embryo, this recommendation did not make me feel confident and I changed direction after much research.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and trust your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Marcus Jurema used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
3 IUI's, 1st round with clomid then switched brands to Letrozole 1 IVF round after unsuccessful IUIs, were doing fresh transfer and was told 1 day before that they were freezing them instead to give them 1 more day to advance After miscarrying with IVF, insurance only covered IUIs. Although they were not successful, they were covered by insurance and we did 4 cycles. First round with Letrozole and developed vertigo like symptoms, we switched to injectables. Unsuccessful 4 IUIs to follow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
Anne is no longer with RMA. She left during my IVF cycle, and I only found out when I visited the RMA office to do my loss panel due to my miscarriage. She didn't educate me on the medications, often times made me feel like a nuisance when I asked questions too. Staff during morning monitoring in the future, were great. The West Orange office staff is very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Always busy and would often take an hour before it was your turn.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.
IUI's: around 8K total IVF with medication: 28K
Describe Marcus Jurema's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
They recommended eSET, and did not feel multiple transfer would be as safe.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
The nurse is no longer there, it was an isolated incident.
Marcus Jurema