Michael Bohrer

Short Hills (closed)
636 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078
973-258-4081

Dr. Hong is a very patient and sympathetic doctor. She always took the time to listen and answer my questions and concerns. I feel like I was always being heard and supported by her. When I didn’t get the results I was hoping for, she would aknowledge my struggles.... Make sure you take an escribe role as a patient and do your research. There may be some questions that you need to raise that the doctor may not raise
They [RMA of NJ] also work with out of town/state patients such as myself and accommodate my travel schedule. The weakness would be that maybe there should be some kind of thorough orientation at the beginning of our treatment to better understand the process. Also I think there should have been a better understanding to the fact that maybe these treatments might not work in order to have a more realistic expectation.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hong took the time to listen to me. She also was very sympathetic.
Describe the protocols Kathleen Hong used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I started with two retrievals and each on produced few eggs which did
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel and Michelle Cresci)
Both Adrienne and Michelle were responsive within one business day of emails and phone calls. They would seek answers to my questions through the doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has some of the best success rates around. This is the most important strength of the clinic. They also work with out of town/state patients such as myself and accommodate my travel schedule. The weakness would be that maybe there should be some kind of thorough orientation at the beginning of our treatment to better understand the process. Also I think there should have been a better understanding to the fact that maybe these treatments might not work in order to have a more realistic expectation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
I did my morning monitoring from another clinic since I lived out of state. The few times I did morning monitoring it seemed pretty organized. In the basking ridge location it was fine. From the smaller statelite locations it was very crowded and stressful experience. I really disliked the experience at the smaller offices
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey.
35k for retrievals 40k for donor eggs+ transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I was waiting on my pregnancy result (beta test result). This was a very stressful and anxious time. My nurse was out of the office that day but the nurse covering for her didn’t call me with my beta results. I had to track this info down on my own late at the end of the day.
Basking Ridge

Doctor [Hock] is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint...I started with 1 monitored intercourse cycle, 3 cycles of IUI and then went to IVF with success. Dr. Hock was willing to consider IVF without doing endless cycles of IVF. She recommended implantation of 1 embryo only to reduce the risk with multiples.
The center [RMA] is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started...My nurse and nursing staff are very friendly and understand the feeling involved in the process. They returned my calls quickly and was patient with any and all anxiety phone calls.
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Doctor is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint. I saw her for my first IVF pregnancy and live birth and chose her in a heartbeat to start next IVF cycke for baby #2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Stick with it! Don’t give up with negative pregnancy tests or losses. She and the entire practice will be with you to the end.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
My name is always remembered by all involved. I am always greeted warmly and family is asked about. Nurses follow up with me and make sure all is understood.
Describe the protocols Doreen Hock used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo & Patrice Cote )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The center is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started.
There is available monitoring 7 days a week. There is immediate notification to the lab team and ultrasound team when a patient arrives. The waiting room can be busy. A patient is usually sent first for labs and then returns to the waiting room to be called for the Ultrasound (if ordered for that day).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey.
Payment of deductibles or any outstanding balances must be paid in full before a cycle is started. The billing team is willing to work with a patient to create a payment plan but then a cycle cannot be started until it is completed. They are readily available to speak to and check your benefits.
Describe Doreen Hock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Hock feels very strongly for eSET to reduce the risk with multiples.
Doreen Hock
Basking Ridge
So far I am very comfortable with him [Dr. Molinaro] as my doctor. I feel positive about the situation. We crafted a plan that works with my budget and my life at the moment. While i have been told that I would likely do very well with ivf, finances are preventing me from going that route.... So far, one round of iui in process with clomid and ovidrel trigger. This is due to me having unexplained infertility and therefore was the recommended course of action the avoid the high oop costs of ivf.
The atmosphere in the office [RMA of New Jersey] is very calming and the staff makes it a top priority to make patients feel comfortable. The hours are great especially for working patients. Labs and procedures can be done in early mornings which is wonderful.... Jandra [nurse] is wonderful and has been my rock throughout this process thus far. She gets back to my questions quickly and has really provided a lot of support throughout this process as my first doctor had unexpectedly left the practice.
How was your experience with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
So far I am very comfortable with him as my doctor. I feel positive about the situation. We crafted a plan that works with my budget and my life at the moment. While i have been told that I would likely do very well with ivf, finances are preventing me from going that route.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
Be honest about your goals and expectations. Let him know how much or how little information you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey?
I am still early in the process with Dr Molinaro but he performed my HSG testing and had a detailed consultation with me. He answered all of my questions in a detailed way and made sure I get comfortable with the path forward.
Describe the protocols Thomas Molinaro used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jandra )
Jandra is wonderful and has been my rock throughout this process thus far. She gets back to my questions quickly and has really provided a lot of support throughout this process as my first doctor had unexpectedly left the practice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The atmosphere in the office is very calming and the staff makes it a top priority to make patients feel comfortable. The hours are great especially for working patients. Labs and procedures can be done in early mornings which is wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Molinaro at RMA of New Jersey.
I had to pay copays for office visits. I had to pay for the meds for the iui out of pocket (clomid and ovidrel). My finance contact was able to submit the ultrasounds and blood work separately to my insurance carrier and they paid for that. I will have to pay for the iui procedures out of pocket by all in all, the process has been less costly than I anticipated so far.
Thomas Molinaro
Basking Ridge

He [Dr. Paul Bergh] did recommend I lose weight but was very professional about it. I also told him that I had problems with pelvic floor disorder and these tests were tough for me. He was very professional about that as well. Never may me feel diminished in any way as a patient because of it. Allowed me to get the hysteroscopy done at the hospital under anesthesia...he was candid but professional. He was very thorough but also very invested in getting me pregnant. He discovered that I had Celiac Disease which was a piece of the puzzle no other doctor had found out about me. I enjoyed working with him.
The billing department [at RMA of New Jersey] was thorough in going through a screen process where they evaluated what your health insurance covered. However they have an outrageous admin fee for donor embryo...The nurse assigned to me was very organized and you can do your lab work right on site. The monitoring is done early in the morning one day a week. I will say if you need medical records from them or sent to them leave a long time to do so. Dealing with the medical records department can take a long time. This is a large facility and it can feel as though they are a well oiled machine. I would warn people who are overweight to address that issue before attending this facility. A friend of mine's wife attended this facility with PCOS and they called her obese. PCOS however contributes to obesity from what I understand. The one area I do no care for in this place is the billing department. Before you can go in for your appointment you have to sit down with the billing department. Is this is your first round with infertillity and your husband is anything like my husband, sitting down to talk about money before your appointment seems a little obscene. Shouldn't we be talking about cost after you recommend a course of treatment? Also we were lucky to be covered by the NJ mandated IVF coverage at the time. However, they told me to be a part of the embryo donor program (using anonymous embryos) you have to pay $5,000 that is not covered by the insurance. At other facilities out of state this is the cost of a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. Why so much? Isn't charging for embryos illegal in New Jersey? Someone should look into this. This bill was not itemized either. They didn't tell me what the actual reason for asking us for $5,000 were. The embryos were already made and stored. All they were doing was matching us with available donor embryo. We left for this reason because I was thoroughly annoyed by that amount and told it was because in New Jersey they charge crazy administration fees for donor embryo programs.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
I liked Dr. Bergh he was candid but professional. He was very thorough but also very invested in getting me pregnant. He discovered that I had Celiac Disease which was a piece of the puzzle no other doctor had found out about me. I enjoyed working with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
He does tell you what his honest opinion is about your diagnosis and I value that. However I could see patients having a hard time with him if they wanted to go on a wing and a prayer and try with their own eggs with a very likely unsuccesful outcome.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Even though this is a big busy practice you do get to see Dr. Bergh and he was very candid and frank at the consultation. He told me right away that my best luck to get pregnant would be a egg donor or embryo donor. He did recommend I lose weight but was very professional about it. I also told him that I had problems with pelvic floor disorder and these tests were tough for me. He was very professional about that as well. Never may me feel diminished in any way as a patient because of it. Allowed me to get the hysteroscopy done at the hospital under anesthesia.
Describe the protocols Paul Bergh used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I didn't get very far into the protocol and my protocol was different because we were using donor embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I can not remeber the name of the my primary nurse but she was great ! The patient portal made it easy to upload records and if she needed something she got back to right away.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I liked Dr. Paul Bergh. The nurse assigned to me was very organized and you can do your lab work right on site. The monitoring is done early in the morning one day a week. I will say if you need medical records from them or sent to them leave a long time to do so. Dealing with the medical records department can take a long time. This is a large facility and it can feel as though they are a well oiled machine. I would warn people who are overweight to address that issue before attending this facility. A friend of mine's wife attended this facility with PCOS and they called her obese. PCOS however contributes to obesity from what I understand. The one area I do no care for in this place is the billing department. Before you can go in for your appointment you have to sit down with the billing department. Is this is your first round with infertillity and your husband is anything like my husband, sitting down to talk about money before your appointment seems a little obscene. Shouldn't we be talking about cost after you recommend a course of treatment? Also we were lucky to be covered by the NJ mandated IVF coverage at the time. However, they told me to be a part of the embryo donor program (using anonymous embryos) you have to pay $5,000 that is not covered by the insurance. At other facilities out of state this is the cost of a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. Why so much? Isn't charging for embryos illegal in New Jersey? Someone should look into this. This bill was not itemized either. They didn't tell me what the actual reason for asking us for $5,000 were. The embryos were already made and stored. All they were doing was matching us with available donor embryo. We left for this reason because I was thoroughly annoyed by that amount and told it was because in New Jersey they charge crazy administration fees for donor embryo programs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.
Please see my previous commens about the billing department for more detail. The billing department was thorough in going through a screen process where they evaluated what your health insurance covered. However they have an outrageous admin fee for donor embryo.
Describe Paul Bergh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I think they only trasnfer one embryo at a time.
Basking Ridge

While I only had a few appointments in which I formally sat down to speak with Dr. Jurema, it was always clear he had carefully reviewed my files and was familiar with the details of my diagnosis and care. Through calls and appointments, he made time to answer any questions I had. Throughout multiple procedures he was always optimistic, yet realistic - giving me as clear a picture as possible of what I could expect without trying to oversell anything. I also appreciated Dr. Jurema's approach to monitoring visits - entering the room slowly (vs. barging in), taking the time to ask how I was feeling, etc.
I felt like everything about my care was state-of-the-art, best-in-class, and holistic. Even though it's a large practice, I think they [RMA of NJ] go through a lot of effort to consider the patient experience, though I think there are small things they could improve in this regard - like providing more info on your full care team (either on the website or as a packet of info when you first start care), streamlining the educational resources they provide, and/or creating a phone system that's a bit easier to navigate.
How was your experience with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Jurema is friendly and compassionate. During monitoring meetings he always started by asking how I was feeling, which I appreciated. He's very straightforward - I found his descriptions of what we could expect from various procedures to be detailed and realistic, while also optimistic. It never seemed like he was trying to push me toward a particular procedure. I very much felt like I played a role in my care and was able to get all my questions answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Let him know what questions and concerns you have. He is always happy to respond and provide more info.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Marcus Jurema used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We started with two IUI cycles, mostly because that was all my insurance would cover at the time. With a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve (my AMH level was 0.82), we thought it was worth trying, but we knew the odds of success were low. Both times I was prescribed 75mL of Gonal F per day. The first time I continued the Gonal F shots for 7 days; the second time for 8 days before taking a 750 mcg/0.5mL syringe of Ovidrel as my trigger shot. I was also taking 600mg per day of CoQ10 (a supplement) during both cycles. Dr. Jurema was willing to try another IUI cycle, but my insurance had changed to provide some coverage for IVF, so we decided to move on. During my egg retrieval cycle I took Alyacen birth control pills for 8 days leading up to the cycle, then I took 300 units of Follistim and 75 unit vials of Menopur for 10 days along with 250 mcg/0.5mL syringes of Ganirelix for the last 6 days. I used two Lupron trigger shots at the end. My egg retrieval took place 2 days later resulting in 22 eggs of which 18 were mature. From there we were able to get 12 embryos, which were fertilized via ICSI, and 8 made it on to Day 5 blastocysts. We froze and genetically tested all 8 of those embyros and found 5 were normal, 1 was abnormal, and 1 was unclear. During my whole retrieval cycle I had about 8 monitoring visits. I'm currently in the middle of my transfer cycle and haven't started medications yet, but we plan to transfer 1 of the normal embryos. We transferred one embryo. During my transfer cycle I took 2mg of Estrace (2-3 times per day) for three weeks before the transfer and then five weeks after. I also injected 1 - 1.5 mL of progesterone in oil daily for a week before the transfer and five weeks after. And I used Metronidazole the day before transfer and Endometrin 100mg inserts around weeks 5-8 of my pregnancy. In total I had about 8 monitoring visits leading up to the transfer and through week 8 of my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lynette)
Lynette was always on top of things - sending me detailed descriptions of care plans and medication plans and responding to my questions quickly and thoroughly. Overall I've found her to be extremely considerate, caring, and professional. The only downsides of the nursing care at RMA are 1) Lynette was my third nurse in about a 6 month time period, which made my experience feel a bit disjointed; 2) I'm not sure if this is more about RMA or individual nurses, but I don't think there's much of an effort to figure out patient's preferred communication styles, e.g. email, phone, time of day, etc. I found I was always missing phone messages and had to follow up via email and some of that could have been resolved if the info was emailed to me from the start or calls weren't always placed during my morning commute :)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a huge practice (and let's be honest, it's a big business, too) - you'll definitely sit in waiting rooms with dozens of other couples and realize you're one of a few thousand patients they see every year. That said, the size of the practice gave me lots of confidence that each procedure I underwent would follow best practices. I also felt confident that even if my primary doctor did not perform every procedure, I was in the hands of another highly qualified doctor. I was consistently impressed by the quality of care of nursing, reception, counseling, and financial support staff across multiple offices. And last but certainly not least, I'm impressed by everything I've learned about the quality of RMA's lab and the research that comes out of the practice. I felt like everything about my care was state-of-the-art, best-in-class, and holistic. Even though it's a large practice, I think they go through a lot of effort to consider the patient experience, though I think there are small things they could improve in this regard - like providing more info on your full care team (either on the website or as a packet of info when you first start care), streamlining the educational resources they provide, and/or creating a phone system that's a bit easier to navigate.
I mostly did my monitoring at the Springfield office of RMA. I found the team there to be incredibly efficient. There were one or two instances in which things seemed to be running behind, but for the most part I was in and out with blood work and ultrasound within 15-20 minutes. The team was always kind and professional. The hours were early enough that I could get in and still make my regular commute to work. Occasionally I had to go to the Basking Ridge office during holidays or on weekends and it was often a different story. My monitoring appointments there sometimes took 1-1.5 hours, but I appreciated that I had a weekend option that wasn't much farther than my regular office, and that the monitoring hours were longer at that office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Jurema at RMA of New Jersey.
Initially my insurance fully covered IUI but not IVF, so for my two IUI cycles I paid about $650 for initial diagnostic blood work, an HSG, and co-pays for two visits and medications. All my monitoring visits and the IUI procedure itself were fully covered. For my IVF cycle I had a $10,000 lifetime maximum. Total costs from RMA for the cycle were: $7,977 for the egg retrieval procedure; $1,963 for ICSI; $700 for anesthesia; $1,000 for embryo freezing for up to one year; $1,700 for embryo biopsy; $2,500 for genetic testing; and $4,475 for the embryo transfer. So I paid about $10,315 out of pocket for those expenses. I also paid about $5,500 out of pocket for medications for both the egg retrieval and transfer cycles. And I paid about $400 in co-pays for monitoring visits during both cycles. I ended up receiving a $4,300 reimbursement from RMA and about $5,000 in reimbursements for medications from my insurance company, so total out of pocket costs were ~$7,000.
Describe Marcus Jurema's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
My doctor suggested single embryo transfer, and from what I had read I strongly agreed with this approach. We weighed the risks of multiple pregnancies with the costs of performing procedures (ICSI, embryo freezing, genetic testing) that would help us ensure our single embryo was genetically normal. Ultimately we decided the costs were worth the benefits of an increased likelihood of a normal embryo and healthy pregnancy.
Marcus Jurema
Basking Ridge

Every meeting, every email, every phone call Dr. Hong took time to explain the ins and outs of what was going on and what next steps would look like. She made time whenever I was freaking out and never made excuses for not responding while also making every effort to calm my nerves. She was flexible and easy to talk throughout all three of my cycles (and other treatment procedures)...Dr. Hong reassured me I had made the best decision possible.
Huge practice [RMA] which has everything needed for a successful cycle at their fingertips. My husband felt comfortable with them when it came to anything sperm related and I felt comfortable with all practitioners I encountered as well. In the morning for monitoring hours it does get a little busy closer to the end and they do their best to push everyone through in a timely matter while also spending the appropriate time to explain ultrasound findings.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
I had no clue what to expect going to RMA and the first meeting with Dr. Hong reassured me I had made the best decision possible. She explained the process, what was required, where potential hiccups could happen and of course how the entire RMA staff is there to hand hold my husband and I through everything. I miscarriaged twice - one at 11 weeks when I had already been cleared by RMA - and I can remember our first conversation about restarting and how sympathetic she was to me - I felt like I was her best friend and she was doing everything in her power to support me. The second time I saw the same thing and the promise that we would keep going. She explained how if we tested the embryos it may net a better result - so I did it - without hesitating about the cost - because I 100% trusted her opinion. After our third transfer, which Dr. Hong made sure she was there for to do v. anyone else, I waited to hear the test results. March 7, 2017 @ 7:59a I received a voicemail from Dr. Hong telling me the news. I have yet to delete that voicemail because her positivity, excitement and friendliness still makes me feel warm inside. She stuck with us through so much bad and on November 16, 2017 we received so much good with the birth of our first child. She kept me grounded and upbeat and I owe her everything for our daughter. Looking forward to working with her through the next pregnancy - wouldn't want it any other way.
Do not hesitate to express any concerns or hesitations - she will be honest with you and give you the best recommendation based on a personalized plan. Don't hold back saying something you think may sound silly - it's all important - this is your family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen Dwyer)
Quickly responded to every call/email with kindness. There were definitely times that I was hot headed and she calmed me down with a thorough and detailed response.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Huge practice which has everything needed for a successful cycle at their fingertips. My husband felt comfortable with them when it came to anything sperm related and I felt comfortable with all practitioners I encountered as well. In the morning for monitoring hours it does get a little busy closer to the end and they do their best to push everyone through in a timely matter while also spending the appropriate time to explain ultrasound findings. In a very sensitive and taboo procedure like fertility treatment, they make you feel human.
We received a complete itemized sheets from PGS testing, injectables and medications, processes and co-pays. They went through our insurance info with us and weeded through everything we'd have to pay out of pocket. I am lucky with my husband's insurance that we were basically covered so I don't remember the detailed $s.
Describe Kathleen Hong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Hong and the rest of the RMA crew definitely have the mentality of one happy baby at a time. While she respected my desire for transferring two embryos, she absolutely vocalized that she would prefer one at a time.
Basking Ridge

She [Dr. Kathleen Hong] decided to hold off on doing a big workup on me, after all the testing I had already been through, because we are OOP and the course of treatment/testing would be completely different for IVF/ICSI or IUI with donor sperm or foster-adopt. If we are able to find sperm to freeze, we will evaluate me and proceed with a freeze-all cycle with ICSI and PGS. Since we would like to transfer all normal embryos, she definitely recommended the PGS so that we don't have the cost and heartache of unnecessary losses, and FET to give my body a break in between ER/transfer cycles. As far as waiting after a successful pregnancy to do each subsequent transfer, she explained that the wait can be a little longer after C-section vs. vaginal delivery, to prevent uterine rupture.
It is a very big place with a large staff, but they also take the time to communicate so well! If you have a question or a concern, and your nurse or care team member does not answer, you really can just leave a message and they will respond quickly. They understand how much their patients have riding on their testing and treatment and are all very compassionate to your need to get the information promptly and ease your mind. My husband maybe felt a bit intimidated walking into the facility, but the waiting area is expansive, beautiful, well-decorated, and that somehow made me feel more at home, despite how nerve-wracking facing treatment can be.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
She is very knowledgeable and also sensitive to our individual wishes as a couple throughout this process. Dr. Hong helped me understand our course of treatment and what our next steps will be. I feel confident that we are in good hands.
Ask all the questions! She is a wealth of information, but she can also explain things in a clear, concise, need-to-know basis. She will tell you as much or as little as you care to know about every step of the way.
She listened to everything I had to say and she said it really helped her to fill in the kind of gaps you get from just reading the files, of the patients' actual personal experience along the way. I felt like she really heard the agonizing journey we have already been through and acknowledged how difficult it has been. She made a decision how best to proceed in our individual case with our best interests in mind.
We are waiting to move forward until we find out if we are able to retrieve my husband's sperm through MESA or TESE. She said to call her the very next day and let her know so we can proceed! She decided to hold off on doing a big workup on me, after all the testing I had already been through, because we are OOP and the course of treatment/testing would be completely different for IVF/ICSI or IUI with donor sperm or foster-adopt. If we are able to find sperm to freeze, we will evaluate me and proceed with a freeze-all cycle with ICSI and PGS. Since we would like to transfer all normal embryos, she definitely recommended the PGS so that we don't have the cost and heartache of unnecessary losses, and FET to give my body a break in between ER/transfer cycles. As far as waiting after a successful pregnancy to do each subsequent transfer, she explained that the wait can be a little longer after C-section vs. vaginal delivery, to prevent uterine rupture.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle O)
Michelle O is very positive and kind. I felt so hopeful about our treatment when I was talking with her. She helped me understand what would be involved in my evaluation and where we could go for various aspects of the tests, preferred labs etc.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My initial consult with testing will be $450. I was given a complete breakdown including an estimate for retrieval $11,275, plus meds $5k+, anesthesia $600-1200, biopsy $1,700, PGS up to ten $2500, FET cycle approximately $5k.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Drews is a compassionate and honest doctor. He does not candy coat but he has a way with sharing information that leaves you feeling as if you are of personal importance to him. He provides relevant information in a professional yet compassionate way...He has humanized me in every way during this painful process ...he is personally reviewing each and every one of your scans and would treats each patient as if it was his own daughter.
The monitoring appointments [at RMA-Basking Ridge] are NOT my favorite. However I have found that there are better monitoring offices than others. After much frustration, I realized that it was better for me emotionally if I drove to the headquarters (40 min drive) as opposed to the office that was more geographic convenient (15 min drive). That literally made ALL the difference...My nurse Michelle is INCREDIBLE. She is the true lifeline through this painful and emotional process.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
To trust that he is personally reviewing each and every one of your scans and would treats each patient as if it was his own daughter. You can feel it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr drews is a very compassionate doctor. He has humanized me in every way during this painful process and though I have not ended up pregnant yet I feel he is personally committed to me
Describe the protocols Michael Drews used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I have had 1 egg retrieval and 6 IVF cycles: IVF cycle 1- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer 1 D&C IVF cycle 2- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer, benadryl 3 x day 1 D&C 1 Uterian biopsy IVF cycle 3- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer, benadryl 3 x day 1 shot methotrexate IVF cycle 4- 5 day double FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer IVF cycle 5 5 day double FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 6 days before transfer 1 Hysteroscopy IVF cycle 6 - 5 day single FET, NATURAL cycle , endometrin 3 x day
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliviera )
My nurse Michelle is INCREDIBLE. She is the true lifeline through this painful and emotional process. She handles herself professionally, but she also has displayed a great deal of compassion to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has been described as a baby factory, but I think I have been in their care for so long (18 months) that they are like family to me. I think selecting your doctor and nursing team is the best approach so do your homework beforehand as to what doctor you would like to care for you. Even if it means waiting 4 months for an appointment, it is so worth it.
The monitoring appointments are NOT my favorite. However I have found that there are better monitoring offices than others. After much frustration, I realized that it was better for me emotionally if I drove to the headquarters (40 min drive) as opposed to the office that was more geographic convenient (15 min drive). That literally made ALL the difference.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
I am VERY lucky. My insurance has covered every single IVF bill except for the genetic testing of my embryo's, which was $5,000 out of pocket (plus my deductible of course). We decided to do a 2nd screening of my embryo's to take advantage of next generation technology and RMA comped this test - free of charge!
Describe Michael Drews's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Drews opinion was that if I wanted 2 babies to put in 2 embryos. It was the recommendation of Maternal Fetal Medicine dr. to start to put 2 in to net 1.
Basking Ridge
Dr. Kim is very patient, during our first consult, he took time to understand our prior failure with another clinic and the protocol that we followed. He was very honest and forthcoming in answering all our questions/concerns. After our first consult, I had complete faith in his approach and treatment protocol for us...We used the long lupron protocol, stimmed for 8 days, resulting in 11 eggs, 8 fertilized with ICSI, and we had 2 day 6 blastocysts. We elected to do PGS, which resulted in a single normal embryo.
[RMA New Jersey] Strengths: - Excellent team of doctors and nurses. Every single doctor I met was extremely efficient and also friendly. - Excellent embryology lab, this is a critical factor in their success rates. - Short wait times for monitoring, I was in and out in about 15-30 minutes...Nicole was my primary point of contact throughout my treatment (IVF/FET) cycles. She would call me back with results, instructions and next steps in a timely manner. On days when she was out of office, the person covering would always reach out in a timely manner as well. She promptly responded to all my phone calls and emails.
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Kim and entire staff of RMA treated me with empathy, kindness and excellent attention to detail. I was never made to feel like another statistic/number, I believe my doctor and nurse sincerely cared for the outcome of my treatment.
Describe the protocols Thomas Kim used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Michaels)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring was very efficient. I went to Basking ridge location for most of my monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey.
I had excellent insurance coverage, which covered most of treatment cost. I was responsible for co-pays, deductible, co-insurances.
2010 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Bergh is very knowledgeable and willing to meet with me whenever needed. He always evaluates my progress and makes my treatment decisions. He is easy to discuss things with...Dr. Bergh and my nurse, Michelle have always given me the time and attention I need. Answer my questions and meet with me to discuss options...I had my son on my 2nd IUI using chlomid. I tried 14 more IUIs, first with chlomid, then with injectibles for Baby #2. Now I am in my 2nd IVF cycle with injectibles.
At times it is busy but it is very well run and moves very quickly. The hours are great because you can go in early before your day normally starts so it doesn't interfere with anything...Great clinic with latest technology. It is big with a high volume but I would rather deal with crowds somewhere where I am confident I am getting treated by the best doctors and nurses than in a smaller place with substandard care. RMA is the best!...Nurse Michelle was trained by Nurse Danielle and it shows. Michelle is a wonderful nurse that I trust completely. She is very knowledgeable and always answers my questions. I am so very lucky to have her.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh is very knowledgeable and willing to meet with me whenever needed. He always evaluates my progress and makes my treatment decisions. He is easy to discuss things with and I feel very comfortable that getting treated by him gives me the best chance for Baby #2.
Always ask questions and understand the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliveira)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My treatments were covered by insurance. For the IUIs I paid a co-pay for each office visit and for the treatments. For IVF, I paid a per cycle one-time co-pay and took out a personal loan for costs not covered by insurance.
My doctor prefers single embryo transfer but would discuss multiple if I am lucky enough to have multiple embryos to transfer. At this point, I will be happy with 1.
Basking Ridge

I saw dr scott only once. I scheduled phone calls though and those calls happened on time and as expected. he had plenty of time for talk and always called in a quiet place with availability to chat. I never felt like he rushed me. he talked to me in a respectful manner quoting stats so I could easily understand them...always very kind, but gave information readily. my questions and concerns were always handles with dignity and respect
I found rmanj to be very good at what they do. the billing team, the nursing staff and all the misc clinicians were friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable. the basking ridge location is beautiful, though in the middle of nowhere!...I loved working with [nurse] mary ellen. I hated always having to leave a message and wait for a call back but, her VM always stated her working hours and when to exect a call back. the call backs always came the same day although at times it was frustrating to wait for the calls. mary ellen is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. there was nothing I could ask her or tell her
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
to clearly hear him, ask pertinent questions and rely on what he says. my results were exactly what he predicted them to be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Richard Scott used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
we did 2 cycles together. they consisted of follistim and menopur. I was against the use of BC and dr scott allowed me not to use it
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: mary ellen)
I loved working with mary ellen. I hated always having to leave a message and wait for a call back but, her VM always stated her working hours and when to exect a call back. the call backs always came the same day although at times it was frustrating to wait for the calls. mary ellen is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. there was nothing I could ask her or tell her
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I was monitored at RMANY for my cycle at RMANJ so cannot describe this experience at NJ
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey.
I recall it was more expensive then treatment in NY
Describe Richard Scott's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
dr scott firmly believes in a SET. he states the goal is to bring a healthy child home from the hospital. not 2 or 3 or 6. however, he can be persuaded under certain conditions to alter his approach.

2012 - 2016, Successful
At times he [Dr. Kim] seemed cold and clinical but I can appreciate now how being a Doctor Who is more emotional about it would've made it harder for me. ..When it came time to decide whether not to do a fourth cycle he laid out the odds for us in a very matter-of-fact factor and again I appreciate that he was not emotional about it and try to use percentages and averages to explain what the possibilities were of things working
I was still working full-time in New York when I had to go through treatments [at RMA] so while some people may not like the fact they see the same doctor or staff every time they come in it was a strength for me since I didn't ever have to worry about getting an appointment for blood work...The only problem I had was with the accounting department...Maria made the whole process much more painful and if I could have moved clinics I would have.
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
Overall I was happy. At times he seemed cold and clinical but I can appreciate now how being a Doctor Who is more emotional about it would've made it harder for me. I think you did a good job at explaining what we were dealing with. When it came time to decide whether not to do a fourth cycle he laid out the odds for us in a very matter-of-fact factor and again I appreciate that he was not emotional about it and try to use percentages and averages to explain what the possibilities were of things working
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
I think I think as a patient you have to take into consideration your personality and when interviewing prospective doctors consider how their bedside manner will work as either a pro or con for you
I think he had a good combination of being frank about what we were dealing with but being sympathetic to the situation
After reviewing the percentage of successful birth with IUI compared IVF it only seemed to make sense to do the IVF since it had such a higher rate of success even though it was more invasive. Looking back now on the second cycle we did which we started as an IVF but switched are you why because my follicles were not growing properly seems like kind of a waste of money
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
You saw different people different nurses different doctors every time you went in but working full time made it difficult to schedule things. This clinic turned out to be the right situation for us because we could always get a early morning appointments before heading to work even though I only saw Dr. Kim I handful of times
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Drinks would be the flexibility. I was still working full-time in New York when I had to go through treatments so while some people may not like the fact they see the same doctor or staff every time they come in it was a strength for me since I didn't ever have to worry about getting an appointment for blood work
Too many to remember but I think each IVF retrieval cycle cost about $6000 and medication cost another $4000. The frozen transfer cost about $3000 and the medications about $1500
Describe Thomas Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We had already decided we were only going to do one embryo at a time and did not want to chance twins. Also out of four attempts of IVF cycles we only ended up with two embryos and decided to transfer them separately anyway. If we had ended up with more embryos I still don't think we would have done multiple transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
The only problem I had was with the accounting department. Having to pay for everything out of pocket was stressful. Maria made the whole process much more painful and if I could have moved clinics I would have.

2013 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Michael drews] stepped up when I was released from RMA back to my doctors care and then had a miscarriage and my doctor wouldn't help me... Dr. Drews did without any hesitation. His bedside manner is amazing, and ultimately he did exactly what he said he would, he got us pregnant and we now have the most beautiful little 3 month old boy. We can't thank Dr. Drews enough. There are no words to say that adequately explain how genuinely thankful we are for him giving us the family we have always dreamed about. It was not an easy road for us. For some it will be but for others it may not. My advice is to stick with it.
I call [RMA of New Jersey] the baby making factory. It's filled with the top rated doctors in the infertility field. I'm so glad we chose RMA. I did look elsewhere but no one else compares!..We are completely paying OOP for everything. Dr. Drews helped us with a discount when we did our second FET after the clinical trial we were in was over...Dr Drews is the most knowledgable infertility specialist in the game. If you want to have a baby, he's your guy! As one of the founders of RMA, he leads the pack! He always made us feel safe, like we were making the right decision and he never pushed us.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Drews is the most knowledgable infertility specialist in the game. If you want to have a baby, he's your guy! As one of the founders of RMA, he leads the pack! He always made us feel safe, like we were making the right decision and he never pushed us. He stepped up when I was released from RMA back to my doctors care and then had a miscarriage and my doctor wouldn't help me... Dr. Drews did without any hesitation. His bedside manner is amazing, and ultimately he did exactly what he said he would, he got us pregnant and we now have the most beautiful little 3 month old boy. We can't thank Dr. Drews enough. There are no words to say that adequately explain how genuinely thankful we are for him giving us the family we have always dreamed about. It was not an easy road for us. For some it will be but for others it may not. My advice is to stick with it. Stick with Dr. Drews or at the very least, with RMA! They will get you pregnant! It took us four years of trying and three with Dr. Drews but now that our son is here it feels like that Time is a distant memory. We look forward to going back next year and having Dr. Drews help us to add to our family!
Ask him anything, he is patient and kind and caring. He will be honest with you but you need to be honest and open to whatever he suggests in return.
We were lucky to be chosen for the NexGen IVF study. While in that study I did feel like "just a number". I thought well this is THE Baby making factory and I assumed that's just the way this worked. Once our IVF Study cycle was complete and ended in miscarriage we took a year off to regroup (I recommend NOT taking so much time), however; we did need to just get our heads back in the game. We met back with Dr Drews to discuss our game plan moving forward. He is the most kind and caring Doctor I've ever met. Not only did he do my D&C after we lost the baby from the 1st IVF FET (I wasn't under his care any longer but my doc wouldn't help me), he also sat with us before we were ready to try again and just really made us feel like we could do this. The second IVF FET were with our NexGen Study embryos but was a completely different feeling. I wasn't in the study and I wasn't treated like a number. I was finally a human and it really made feel good about getting pregnant! (My little miracle IVF baby is now 3 months old!)
We were lucky to be chosen to be in the NexGen IVF study, so once we had embryos from the study our only game plan was to do another IVF FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine)
I still email and call Josephine with updates! I send baby pics and ask her to forward our updates to Dr. Drews. The whole staff is amazing there. You go there enough and you end up really getting to know them!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I call RMA the baby making factory. It's filled with the top rated doctors in the infertility field. I'm so glad we chose RMA. I did look elsewhere but no one else compares!
RMA has everything you needed. Going in for blood work and ultrasound monitoring was easy
Basking Ridge

He [Dr Kim] was patient and kind and explained everything thoroughly. There was excellent communication. At our initial consult, Dr. Kim explained everything in such detail and made sure we understood what was going on. Once testing and treatment started, my nurse was an amazing resource and would contact me sometimes multiple times a day to update me and check on how I was doing.
I have been nothing but happy with them [RMA of New Jersey]. Their wait times are excellent - during morning bloodwork I'm normally in and out in less than ten minutes. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes. Their lab is top notch. They don't check on embryos until day 5, which can be nerve wracking, but it is better for the embryos to not be disturbed. The whole team is very professional....There was excellent communication. At our initial consult, Dr. Kim explained everything in such detail and made sure we understood what was going on. Once testing and treatment started, my nurse was an amazing resource and would contact me sometimes multiple times a day to update me and check on how I was doing.
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
He was patient and kind and explained everything thoroughly.
I was on an estrogen-primed antagonist protocol. I had bloodwork and ultrasounds on day 3 (baseline), after 3 days of stims, after 5 days, and after 6 days. I triggered after 6 days of stims. My stims were 150 IU of menopur and 200 IU of follistim. I started ganirelix on day 4 of stims. At my egg retrieval, 3 eggs were retrieved, of which 2 were mature. Both of my two eggs were fertilized with ICSI and both made it to 5 day blastocysts. One was transferred to me, resulting in my current pregnancy, and the other was frozen. I am very pleased with these results, especially with my DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne Tepper )
Anne was absolutely wonderful. She was my main line of communication and was incredibly easy to reach. Some days she would call me multiple times to update me and see how I was doing. She didn't let any setbacks get to me and kept reminding me of the end goal. I would highly recommend her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I have been nothing but happy with them. Their wait times are excellent - during morning bloodwork I'm normally in and out in less than ten minutes. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes. Their lab is top notch. They don't check on embryos until day 5, which can be nerve wracking, but it is better for the embryos to not be disturbed. The whole team is very professional.
Morning monitoring is between 6-7:30 on weekdays (until 10 on weekends). I never had to wait more than a few minutes. They understand that you have to go to work and get you in and out quickly and efficiently, while still feeling cared for.
My insurance covered almost everything except for the occasional $10 copay and the cost for embryo cryopreservation and storage (explicitly excluded as part of the NJ state mandate).
Basking Ridge
Dr. Forman has a wonderful bedside manner. He understands that when a couple struggles with fertility issues it can be a upsetting and his positive upbeat attitude was very reassuring. He took his time explaining each step of my fertility treatment and I never felt like a number...I wasn't able to produce as many eggs as expected but he remained positive throughout the experience. He encouraged me to follow our plan and in the end it worked. His positive encouragement and support was comforting and put me at ease.
My plan [at RMA] was to do a fresh single embryo transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. I had a successful fresh transfer before which is why he recommended trying it again. After initial testing I was placed on thyroid medication then followed the recommended IVF injections...RMA is a great practice. They have a variety of office locations with convenient monitoring hours. If necessary you can always get in contact with someone at the office...I was able to go to the monitoring hours before work. The fact that there are so many offices made the process convenient. The monitoring staff at the Basking Ridge office were friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust him. He will be honest and design a specific plan for you. I would recommend him and would use him again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
My plan was to do a fresh single embryo transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. I had a successful fresh transfer before which is why he recommended trying it again. After initial testing I was placed on thyroid medication then followed the recommended IVF injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
The entire staff at RMA is wonderful. The nurses and staff are compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey.
I was fortunate in that insurance paid for my treatment. I paid approximately $1200 for freezing the extra embryos. I also paid $300 for genetic screening.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
My goal was to have 1 embryo transferred.
2014 - 2016, Successful
Brace yourself for honesty. He [Dr. Richard Scott] is a good doctor and will explain in a way you can understand as much as you want to know about your diagnosis and treatment, but he also won't sugarcoat. Ultimately, though, it was his brilliant mind and his resolve to stay on the cutting edge of the field that turned over that last stone that got me pregnant with 2 healthy girls,
Adrienne [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] is the total package - meticulous, patient, compassionate. She is rooting for you. I honestly don't know how I would have survived this last leg of my ivf journey without her....A few times, when a different nurse called me, she gave inaccurate medication instructions. It was only because of my own deep understanding of my care that I was able to avoid major problems as a result (i.e. I was able to tell her what my instructions ought to be and she looked up my chart and confirmed).
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
He is absolutely brilliant, but I think at this point he would rather her focus on research and making strides in the field rather than working with individual patients. He was at some points dismissive of my concerns, which led him to overlook something major. In the end, I was right, and it cost us a failed FET with some very expensive embryos.
Brace yourself for honesty. He is a good doctor and will explain in a way you can understand as much as you want to know about your diagnosis and treatment, but he also won't sugarcoat. Ultimately, though, it was his brilliant mind and his resolve to stay on the cutting edge of the field that turned over that last stone that got me pregnant with 2 healthy girls,
Dr. Scott was simultaneously candid but also very warm when I first consulted with him in 2014, and the desk often tried to schedule my procedures with him if possible. After I became pregnant and suffered a late-term loss, I returned to his care in 2015, and he had changed. He seemed disinterested in continuing to see patients and exasperated with my placing demands on his time for scheduled follow-up consultations.
We did high-stim ivf micro-flare protocols with human growth hormone. They were freeze-all cycles wherein we tested the embryos and followed with FETs of euploid blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel)
Adrienne is the total package - meticulous, patient, compassionate. She is rooting for you. I honestly don't know how I would have survived this last leg of my ivf journey without her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It runs like a well-oiled machine. Sometimes getting a call-back from people other than my nurse proved frustrating, but in the grand scheme, they were highly efficient,
Highly efficient
We were paying for the ivf procedures out-of-pocket but testing and consults were covered. We spent a lot of money there.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
The [RMA - Basking Ridge] facility is a beautiful, wonderful, very relaxing environment and all the staff makes you feel very welcome. They are respectful in realizing how sensitive those undergoing infertility treatment are, and no children are allowed on the premises nor are their baby pictures plastered everywhere. We can't really say there are any weaknesses that we encountered.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is a perfect combination of a very caring physician and one who is very knowledgeable and able to convey that knowledge in language which we didn't need a medical background to understand. Dr Forman was the antithesis of our previous physician (who was never available and judgmental) , we were so happy to work with someone as caring and available as him after our last experience. We have nothing but praise for Dr Forman and would highly recommend him to others.
Use him! Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is as available as he says!
Dr. Forman would answer all of our questions and concerns in a very timely matter and with very detailed responses. He always took the time to check up on us and we felt he was always available and wanted us to succeed. We unfortunately had a miscarriage from our first transfer (we were the 0.01% that PGD missed) and he was quite compassionate and caring during our loss.
We used a donor egg and were given a cycle of Progesterone Oil injections with Estrogen oral pills for about 8 weeks and then transferred to Endometrin suppositories for a week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Ann Marie Luft)
Ann Marie was generally excellent in her response time and communicating with us and was always extremely caring and kind. There was a period where she seemed to be going through some personal issues and she was not as on top of responding or putting in orders that we had expected. Still, she was always warm and went out of her way to make our experience as wonderful as possible that we would highly recommend her
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The facility is a beautiful, wonderful, very relaxing environment and all the staff makes you feel very welcome. They are respectful in realizing how sensitive those undergoing infertility treatment are, and no children are allowed on the premises nor are their baby pictures plastered everywhere. We can't really say there are any weaknesses that we encountered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Sometimes prescriptions were not called in a timely matter but then we would reach out to another nurse and the problem would be solved.
2014 - 2016, Successful
Carolyn [nurse at RMA- Basking Ridge] was fabulous. Very attentive and kind. She was consistent and always communicated important issues. She welcomed calls/questions and responded promptly...RMA Basking Ridge is awesome. Big, clean, and beautiful...I was able to go to different clinics and mostly chose the one closer to my house so that made it very convenient...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is an unassuming man who is soft spoken, patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. As a patient, I felt respected and safe under his care. He explained medical procedures slowly and took my concerns seriously. He always returned my calls/emails promptly and made me feel like a priority patient.
Trust him! :-)
Despite his extremely demanding schedule, Dr. Forman went above and beyond in making me and my husband feel like he cared about our needs and concerns. He was always honest and upfront about complications and/or issues that could arise. Dr. Forman consistently answered our questions promptly and with the utmost patience. He always explained procedures and results in a way that allowed us to have a good understanding. We felt safe and confident under Dr. Forman's care and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a reproductive endocrinologist.
I remember not responding well to one of the medications that was used to help the embryo implant. For the next cycle, he agreed that I should try it naturally (without medication). That cycle proved to be the successful one. Dr. Forman encouraged me to do a saline sonogram before proceeding with the cycle to make sure my tubes were clear. Unfortunately I have little recollection of details but every treatment strategy and protocol seemed to make perfect sense.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: carolyn collins)
Carolyn was fabulous. Very attentive and kind. She was consistent and always communicated important issues. She welcomed calls/questions and responded promptly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA Basking Ridge is awesome. Big, clean, and beautiful.
I blocked it out :-) but it was in the average range for fertility care 15-20K.
Basking Ridge
In our first meeting, Dr. Forman was well versed in our fertility treatment to date which was quite complex and included to other clinics. He was calm and direct, giving us his insight and opinion when asked. We saw Dr. Forman about three times but we were in touch regularly by email and phone. I have never experienced such prompt returns of emails from any doctor. We had follow up phone appointments when needed and Dr. Forman called during the cycle to give me updates on how things were progressing. I truly felt he was invested in us and our quest to have a child. It is a stressful time and he made it so much better...
Carolyn Collins [nurse at RMA - Basking Ridge] is amazing. She helped me so much through the process both with explaining medical aspects as well as with amazing compassion, grace and humor. I spoke with her often and just like Dr. Forman, Ms. Collins was truly invested in making our experience as comfortable as possible as well as making our goal of having a child a priority...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is truly and amazing, caring, excellent doctor. In our first meeting, Dr. Forman was well versed in our fertility treatment to date which was quite complex and included to other clinics. He was calm and direct, giving us his insight and opinion when asked. We saw Dr. Forman about three times but we were in touch regularly by email and phone. I have never experienced such prompt returns of emails from any doctor. We had follow up phone appointments when needed and Dr. Forman called during the cycle to give me updates on how things were progressing. I truly felt he was invested in us and our quest to have a child. It is a stressful time and he made it so much better. I was sad to leave him and RMANJ when we were told that all looked good at 10 weeks when we moved to an ob/gyn. We are still in touch as I have made it a priority to give him updates on how our pregnancy is progressing. I also know I can go to him with any questions or concerns I might have.
Be sure to ask all of the questions you feel necessary. He will answer them fully and explain what you do not understand
From the first phone call to Dr. Forman's office I was treated with the utmost respect. I was called or emailed back almost immediately (and I mean Dr. Forman will answer emails within minutes of my sending them). I was always able to speak with my nurse or another nurse on call the same day I called and left a message. Amazing service
We did a frozen embryo cycle from a donor cycle, so I was on whatever protocol that would be. I first did a prep cycle to make sure my lining reached the requisite thickness before anything even began. I am also on levothyroxine, a thyroid medicine, as my TSH level was a bit elevated. This is a protocol I will continue to the end of the pregnancy. I believe I was on estrace before and then after the transfer. After the transfer I was on injectable progesterone until many weeks in to the pregnancy but stopped before moving to the ob/gyn.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Collins)
Carolyn Collins is amazing. She helped me so much through the process both with explaining medical aspects as well as with amazing compassion, grace and humor. I spoke with her often and just like Dr. Forman, Ms. Collins was truly invested in making our experience as comfortable as possible as well as making our goal of having a child a priority. As I was monitoring in Brooklyn, I did not actually meet Ms. Collins until the week before our transfer. I decided that had to meet her, so we went out of our way and headed to Basking Ridge. We were thrilled to meet one another. I felt like I was finally meeting a close friend. I am still in touch with Ms. Collins as I update them on the progress of my pregnancy. It is like sharing news with a family member.

2015, Successful
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] is very organized. I never had problems with missing paperwork or test results. The front desk staff are just as invested as anyone else. One day I walked in for an IUI and the check-in person greeted me by name and told me they were ready for me even before I signed in. This REALLY made me not feel like a number! The clinic is very clean and warm and inviting. There is plenty of space in the waiting room which feels nothing like a typical doctor's office. They are very respectful of an individual's privacy. Both in the paperwork end of things/checking in.....and medically. When I was at a monitoring appointment or a procedure appointment I was always treated with dignity and privacy. While I saw a variety of different doctor's for my morning monitoring appointments, I knew they were taking detailed notes to provide my primary doctor. This was done by dictating the results to a nurse while the ultrasound was happening as well as notes recorded on an iPad after the ultrasound. This level of communication made me feel comfortable regardless of which doctor performed the ultrasound.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
At our first appointment when Dr. Hong reviewed our detailed records of intercourse and cycle tracking and told us that she was surprised we weren't pregnant yet, I felt a huge weight lifted. Knowing that what we were doing should have led to a pregnancy made me feel ready to try interventions. She explained what the procedure was for our testing cycle and where we would proceed for our first medicated cycle. She gave us the estimate that we would most likely not need IVF and while it turned out that 4 cycles of IUI didn't lead to pregnancy, we were happy because she didn't make us keep trying something that didn't work. She was ready for us to move onto IVF at that point. Dr. Hong took time on days she got to the clinic early to personally perform my morning monitoring (even when she wasn't the on call doctor that day). On those days she was making a special effort to perform my ultrasound and see how my follicles were developing. Her personal interest in our case was really touching. While she always made the decision for does of medication and the timing of our trigger/IUI based on the ultrasound pictures and notes from the doctor performing my monitoring.....the days she personally looked always felt more thorough. I got the feeling that Dr. Hong was genuinely rooting for us!
You are so lucky! She is very willing to explain things and answer questions - don't hesitate to ask!
Our meetings with Dr. Hong were very personalized. It was clear that she cared about us as a couple and our desire to begin a family. She tailored her conversations to use specifics about us and what we tried and what we were going to try. I did not feel like she was giving us canned responses. Dr. Hong took time on days she got to the clinic early to personally perform my morning monitoring (even when she wasn't the on call doctor that day). On those days she was making a special effort to personally perform my ultrasound and see how my follicles were developing. Her personal interest in our case was really touching.
1 cycle on Clomid. IUI w/ Ovidrel trigger. 3 mature follicles but thin-ish lining. Negative pregnancy test. 3 cycles with Follistim injections (doses between 25 - 100 units; MOSTLY 75 units). IUI w/ Ovidrel trigger. Each cycle was 3 or 4 mature follicles. Negative pregnancy test. 1 Fresh IVF cycle. 10 days BC pills. Antagonist cycle began with Follistim 75 and 1 vial of Menopur for 9 days; On the 6th day added Ganirelix for 4 days. The next day did 1/2 dose of Pregnyl at night and 40IU of Lupron. 12 hours later exactly, did another 40IU of Lupron. Retrieval was timed for the following day and transfer was 6 days later. On the IVF cycle we did ICSI with PGD so we could have the best possible outcomes. My last monitoring ultrasound showed 25 follicles. 22 mature eggs were retrieved and 15 fertilized properly with ICSI. By the day of our transfer - there were 9 blasts. We transferred 1 blast and are currently pregnant with identical twins. I did acupuncture throughout all cycles above. Additionally, had laser acupuncture on the day of transfer immediately before and after the transfer.
I can't say enough good things about Michelle. She was extremely good at communicating the results from my monitoring appointments and providing me with instructions for my medications. Michelle was never bothered when I called her to ask follow up questions on the protocol and she was happy to explain what each medication was for. Michelle consoled me when I was feeling really down over yet another failed cycle. She gave me hope that each cycle we tried could be *the* one. Michelle always found a way to be positive. When I left her messages, Michelle got back to me in a very timely manner - sometimes even after hours! I always felt like Michelle had my back and was honestly sad when I graduated from the clinic that she was no longer my go-to person. I'll never have the connection I had with Michelle or that attention she gave me from another medical professional. It was a little jarring in fact when I transferred to a regular OB and didn't get as much feedback about the pregnancy!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is very organized. I never had problems with missing paperwork or test results. The front desk staff are just as invested as anyone else. One day I walked in for an IUI and the check-in person greeted me by name and told me they were ready for me even before I signed in. This REALLY made me not feel like a number! The clinic is very clean and warm and inviting. There is plenty of space in the waiting room which feels nothing like a typical doctor's office. They are very respectful of an individual's privacy. Both in the paperwork end of things/checking in.....and medically. When I was at a monitoring appointment or a procedure appointment I was always treated with dignity and privacy. While I saw a variety of different doctor's for my morning monitoring appointments, I knew they were taking detailed notes to provide my primary doctor. This was done by dictating the results to a nurse while the ultrasound was happening as well as notes recorded on an iPad after the ultrasound. This level of communication made me feel comfortable regardless of which doctor performed the ultrasound.
Monitoring hours were between 6-7:30 am on weekdays and 6-10am on weekends. This was EXTREMELY convenient to me. I was able to go before work each day and it didn't impact my job at all. I didn't have to take time off of work or really inform my employer except for days where I was having a test (saline sonogram, etc) or procedure (IUI, retrieval, transfer). I have heard of some clinic's that don't have early morning monitoring and I honestly would not have been able to pursue ART without this convenience since I have little flexibility in my job's schedule. Most days seemed like a well oiled machine. I moved quickly through the blood draw area to the ultrasound area with minimal wait time. On a few occasions if they were short a doctor, the line did back up - but I wouldn't say this was the norm. Weekends were usually more busy because a lot of the satellite offices are closed, but as long as I went in knowing that it wasn't so bad.
I am lucky in that a lot was covered by insurance. We paid $1200 to freeze our embryos and $3500 for ICSI and PGD. Our initial genetic testing (prior to any cycles) was $300. Plus co-pays for each visit.
2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Kim is a professional and experienced. We liked to call him the "embryo whisperer", as we always had positive results when he did our transfers. As his patient, he came down to personally do my transfers. I appreciated that.... When we went back to Dr. Kim to try again after our loss, he grieved with us and made us feel like we had a second chance. And we did. We did two back-to-back retrievals and the first embryo we transferred resulted in my now three year old son.
RMANJ is a excellent clinic with high success rates and experienced, usually compassionate doctors that are willing to work with you to provide the best standard of care. The office visits are very efficient. That said, one of the downsides is probably a long wait time for initial consults and workups. Usually a month or more out.... Ann Tepper was my nurse when I got pregnant with the twins...and then when I came back for my eSet with my son.
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
You do deal with the nurses more than the actual doctor on a day-to-day basic, but if you have questions or concerns ... always feel that you can reach out to him.
Dr. Kim is compassionate. Our first transfer of two embryos resulting in a twin pregnancy, which I lost at 22 weeks. When we went back to Dr. Kim to try again after our loss, he grieved with us and made us feel like we had a second chance. And we did. We did two back-to-back retrievals and the first embryo we transferred resulted in my now three year old son.
We used the Antagonist Protocol, although I don't really know his rationale for using them. I pretty much put my faith in that he knew what he was doing. Some of the injectables we used were ... Follistim AQ, Menopur, Ganirelix, Ovidrel. I always produced a good amount of eggs, just not necessarily PGD normal ones.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Ann Tepper, then Jennifer Dwyer)
Ann Tepper was my nurse when I got pregnant with the twins...and then when I came back for my eSet with my son. She was great, always very communicative but also very much to the point. Jennifer was my nurse during my remaining two eSet that unfortunately let to a chemical and negative pregnancy test. She was also compassionate and reliable. I loved them both.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It was an efficient well-oiled machine, with sometimes a bit of a wait in the morning. Weekends are very hectic ... best bet, get there early.
With my insurance, my costs were minimal. The largest cost was PGD/CCS. Other payments were co-pays and some lab fees and minor medication supplies and supplement costs.
After the loss of my twins at close to 22 weeks, I did not want to risk multiples. So it was pretty much eSET or nothing, after that. Dr. Kim agreed.
2015, Successful
Dr. Hong was thorough and explained the whole process, risks, and possible outcomes. She made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She was very caring and showed compassion. I remember how stressed I was during my first appointment that I burst into tears and Dr. Hong put me at ease and reassured me that there is always hope.
I don’t recall her name [a nurse at RMA of NJ] but she was AMAZING!!! She would answer all my questions and return my calls immediately. She was very organized and would go over all the details with me a few times until I felt comfortable and understood everything.... We had male factor infertility. Due to no sperm count, my husband had surgery to extract the sperm. Dr. Hong discussed our options and we agreed the best option would be to do IVF with ICSI. We transferred two embryos which resulted in the live birth of our beautiful twin daughters.
How was your experience with Kathleen Hong at RMA of New Jersey?
Just be patient and don’t give up. There are so many causes of infertility and with today’s modern medicine and procedures everything is possible. I know it’s difficult when you are dealing with such issues and finances could put a huge strain on your decision to pursue fertility treatments but there are so many options today.
Dr. Hong was very caring and always made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I don’t recall her name but she was AMAZING!!! She would answer all my questions and return my calls immediately. She was very organized and would go over all the details with me a few times until I felt comfortable and understood everything.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I highly recommended RMA! On a scale of 1 to 10, they are a 10!! RMA and it’s entire team are hands down an amazing and compassionate group. They are professional and make you feel comfortable during this very uncomfortable time.
The IVF procedure cost approximately $10,000 plus $2,500 for ICSI
Dr. Hong recommended single embryo, however, we decided to transfer two at the same time. We were comfortable with our decision.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Investment Banker
Dr. Forman kept things simple by explaining things to us at a high level. When I wanted to know the details and specifics of "how the watch is made" he clearly explained them and when I "just wanted the watch" he kept it simple for me. At the end of the day, results are what you want instead of hand holding and we have a healthy baby due to Dr. Forman of which I am grateful... Dr Forman thoughtfully provided the answers/advice/recommendations I needed to work through the issues and generally feel better about the process.
They [at RMA - Basking Ridge] are fast and organized on the day to day visits...coordinating schedules while working is difficult and they were accommodative. Very clean, nice building. Felt very comfortable and safe...She [nurse] was reachable throughout the day and clearly explained the process. She answered procedural questions very well and was quite supportive...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
I trusted Dr. Forman. Trusted his knowledge and ability, trusted his recommendations and treatment plans and as a result had confidence in the process. Infertility intermixed with a desire to have a family takes an emotional toll on would be parents and requires more patience than I had imagined. Each test/step of the process seemed to uncover something new from low morphology to PCOS to Endometritis to Trisomy that would require patience to work through and add another layer of worry/doubt. Dr Forman thoughtfully provided the answers/advice/recommendations I needed to work through the issues and generally feel better about the process. It is very easy to get wrapped up in the issues/science uncovered and worry. Dr. Forman kept things simple by explaining things to us at a high level. When I wanted to know the details and specifics of "how the watch is made" he clearly explained them and when I "just wanted the watch" he kept it simple for me. At the end of the day, results are what you want instead of hand holding and we have a healthy baby due to Dr. Forman of which I am grateful.
He is a fertility doctor, not a therapist. Lean on your spouse and those you choose to involve in the process for the emotional support you need and trust Dr. Formans judgement and expertise. Be patient. You want things to happen overnight but it is a very and unnerving slow process.
Dr. Forman communicated with us, answered any and all questions/concerns we had, explained the process and our options thoroughly, and was overall very thoughtful and caring in our conversations during each step.
Probably should have kept a log here but after an uninspiring first cycle, he recommended a down reg protocol and it was very successful. We needed to constantly monitor estrogen levels as they were getting very high but the end result was a safe extraction followed by PGD. The injections were menopur and gonal f between 100 and 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Maloney)
She was reachable throughout the day and clearly explained the process. She answered procedural questions very well and was quite supportive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are fast and organized on the day to day visits...coordinating schedules while working is difficult and they were accommodative. Very clean, nice building. Felt very comfortable and safe.
It was quick and efficient but personal.
$40,000+

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Kim truly understood what my husband and I were going through. Him and his wife also dealt with infertility.... so he knows what it does to you and how it changes you. He helped find me clinical studies to help save me money since my insurance didn’t cover IVF.... We started with injectibles. He did recommend we go straight to IVF. I knew he was right because my husbands sperm count, mobility and morphology were all low.
Their strength are all in their numbers. Looking up their SART was what made me switch fertility clinics. Possibly weaknesses might be they [RMA of New Jersey] have taken over another fertility group and opened many more offices since I have been a patient. I am not sure if all the new offices and staff have the knowledge and compassion as the staff back when they weren’t all over NJ. I still would recommend them in a heart beat. Because of them I have my two beautiful twin girls
How was your experience with Thomas Kim at RMA of New Jersey?
As previous stated before Dr. Kim is an amazing man and someone who also dealt with infertility so he knows what it does to you and how it changes you. He helped find me clinical studies to help save me money since my insurance didn’t cover IVF.
Trust his opinions and trust him as a doctor.
Dr. Kim truly understood what my husband and I were going through. Him and his wife also dealt with infertility. Their infertility issues was the reason he switched to reproductive medicine. He always made me feel comfortable and confident which is what you need when you’re in a cycle. You don’t need to be discouraged. He also went out of his way to go my transfer when we wasn’t the doctor on call that day. I recommended him to so many of my friends and those who used him all have their babies now.
We started with injectibles. He did recommend we go straight to IVF. I knew he was right because my husbands sperm count, mobility and morphology were all low. But my insurance covered IUIs so we did those until we maxed out (4 cycles). We then did a natural ivf cycle, it was all completely free. He said chances would work with a singleton pregnancy but it also had low chances of working because it wasn’t a medicated cycle. Unfortunately I didn’t have an egg in the one follicle I produced that cycle. After that we went straight to ivf. I remember worrying that I was getting enough follicles and dr Kim listened to my concerns looked at all the monitoring reports and in the end I had a great retrevial. 19 collected, 15 were mature, 14 fertilized and 8 in total after GENETIC testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Nervi)
My primary nurse was amazing. I loved her. Always so responsive and so smart. All the nurses on staff were amazing as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Their strength are all in their numbers. Looking up their SART was what made me switch fertility clinics. Possibly weaknesses might be they have taken over another fertility group and opened many more offices since I have been a patient. I am not sure if all the new offices and staff have the knowledge and compassion as the staff back when they weren’t all over NJ. I still would recommend them in a heart beat. Because of them I have my two beautiful twin girls
I was always in and out in the basking ridge office. I loved the office itself too. It was beautiful, clean and bright.
Monitoring days/bloodwork days, I had no copay. They performed double IUIs for the cost of one. IVF cost was 10,500 ICSI AND genetic testing was included (part of study)
Rmanj really try to keep your transfer to a minimum of 1 because it is safer on the mother and the babies. However the study I was a part of I had to transfer 2 embryos.

2013 - 2014, Successful
I would say that he is a little bit reserved in his manner but he is a wonderful man with a huge heart, which I learned first hand....I really cannot say enough good things about him. [Dr Eric Forman] As I mentioned earlier, he went out of his way to personally ensure that I was given the best care possible. He came in on a holiday when he wasn't even on call to do my embryo transfer, which meant the world to my husband and me. He is an absolute asset to RMA, and beyond his patient care I know he's on the leading edge of research (I believe that the research that he's led personally impacted me). He really is a perfectionist and the care that he gives reflects that. Needless to say the results speak for themselves, I had one egg retrieval, and my first embryo transfer was a success an
I thought RMA of Basking Ridge was fantastic, state-of-the-art facility, no complaints at all...I thought Joyce was excellent. Very organized, on top of everything in what must be a stressful job. Very patient as well, and understanding. The only thing that would have made my overall experience better was a different/better mode of walking me through the injections. That was the hardest part for me, and I had to cancel a cycle because I gave myself the wrong injection at one point.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
I very much value you the experience that I had while under Dr. Forman's care and I have and will continue to refer anyone facing fertility issues to Dr. Forman. His style is fairly delicate and mild-mannered, yet he is very straight-forward and made very complex discussions easy to understand. I really cannot say enough good things about him. As I mentioned earlier, he went out of his way to personally ensure that I was given the best care possible. He came in on a holiday when he wasn't even on call to do my embryo transfer, which meant the world to my husband and me. He is an absolute asset to RMA, and beyond his patient care I know he's on the leading edge of research (I believe that the research that he's led personally impacted me). He really is a perfectionist and the care that he gives reflects that. Needless to say the results speak for themselves, I had one egg retrieval, and my first embryo transfer was a success and resulted in my beautiful daughter Elizabeth. I still had 11 healthy embryos available to be transferred after that. I will forever feel indebted to Dr. Forman for the give that he gave my family.
I was very much treated like a human by Dr. Forman, and we have remained in touch to this day. He was very interested in my unique fertility story, and I never felt like I had to remind him about who I was or my particular situation. He went ABOVE AND BEYOND every step of the way, and made me feel very well care for. The day of my transfer was the Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and even though he wasn't working or on call, he came in to personally do my transfer. I also emailed the nurse once I had the baby and stopped by the hospital once I had her to meet the baby. He is a very special man and I will always be grateful for the gift that he gave me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring was fine, no complaints at all. Hours are early in the morning but I would get in and out which minimal to moderate wait times. The earlier I got there the quicker it was.
I don't remember but it was worth every penny.