Genetic counseling: Offered
212-256-8200
15 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
914-997-6200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?

The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.
NY - Westside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.

2014 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
The third party team at RMA New York is exceptional. Everyone who touched our case was super organized, compassionate and truly rooting for our success... My only issue with RMA during the donor process was a lack of communication and 100% transparency about the rate of drop-off that's present in any cycle. I don't feel that we were fully informed about what to expect in this regard especially given my history. Had we been made truly aware and realized the rate of drop-off that we'd likely see from the start, we would have chosen to move forward with a non-shared cycle instead of a shared cycle. In the end, we had 3 embryos total and 2 were used to achieve our daughter. We have only 1 remaining.
2014 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a lot of patients overall but I found the third party experience to be very personalized, which it should be, given the financial investment. I didn't pay too much attention to what the waiting room looked like as far as physical bodies waiting for monitoring by the time I reached this point and was more concerned about the actual level of care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman has always given me his honest expert opinion -- many times in person -- even when the news was not what I necessarily wanted to hear. During the period of 4 years, from the time I underwent and completed an elective egg freezing cycle to ultimately using donor eggs to conceive a daughter with my now-husband, I've always found Dr. Copperman and his team accessible, concerned and deeply committed my success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I first worked with Dr. Copperman for my elective egg freezing cycle while still single. Only 2 eggs were retrieved and he informed me that he felt the peak of my fertility was likely several years earlier, in my 20s, which I felt was a little harsh at the time (I was 34 at the time of retrieval). Four years later, now married and with many disappointments on the fertility journey already under my belt, Dr.Copperman was exactly the doctor I needed. He gave me his expert opinion about my prognosis and best next steps for achieving a live birth (donor eggs). With his recommendation corroborated by another doctor at a different top NYC facility, we decided to move forward, with Dr. Copperman leading the charge. I was ready to stop chasing unicorns and wanted the outcome I was looking for, basically, to be a mom and to be able to carry our child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
If you're truly ready for the outcome that you've been pushing for, whether the end result is exactly what you envisioned at the start, a little or even a lot different, Dr. Copperman is your guy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I saw Dr. Copperman at nearly every monitoring appointment and once pregnant, he did my first ultrasound and released me personally several weeks later. When we had a scare midway through the pregnancy (unrelated to RMA), he saw us immediately to discuss and offer his opinion even though I was technically no longer under his care and hadn't been for several weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
$24k shared donor egg cycle + additional transfer required to achieve pregnancy ($3k) + pregnancy visits ($1k) + frozen embryo storage ($1k/year) + required psych eval (few hundred) + meds.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We transferred one embryo at a time (I did 2 transfers in total) to reduce chance of multiples and limit overall risk.

1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
NY - Westside

The Soho office [of RMA of New York] mislabeled our sperm before an IUI treatment- but their quality assurance protocols caught it before insemination and had to discard two sperm donations to rectify. They brought us in to explain the issue immediately and apologize. We then had to provide another sperm donation and they refunded us the costs for the entire IUI cycle to correct the error on their part. We decided to only work with West Side moving forward and that helped with peace of mind.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The finance dept was the weakest, but after switching coordinators we got the info we needed. They were prompt with my insurance company with getting the preapprovals. The locations of the offices are very convenient. We found better care in the West side office than the Soho office.
I highly recommend Dr Stein. I appreciated while RMA is a busy practice, I always received very hands on, meticulous care from Dr Stein. From retrieval, to monitoring, to transfer he was personally there at each step. RMA does not stop after you become pregnant. It was post "positive pregnancy test" that I found my most valuable care navigating the delicate weeks after. We definitely attribute the medication protocol and weekly monitoring to our successful "graduation" to my OBGYN at 9 weeks.
They are the best! I had my blood drawn 52 times and it never hurt. :)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
We successfully conceived after 3 IVF cycles at the age of 39. I'm 11 weeks and we are doing great! I appreciated while RMA is a busy practice, I always received very hands on, meticulous care from Dr Stein. From retrieval, to monitoring, to transfer he was personally there at each step. RMA does not stop after you become pregnant. It was post "positive pregnancy test" that I found my most valuable care navigating the delicate weeks after. We definitely attribute the medication protocol and weekly monitoring to our successful "graduation" to my OBGYN at 9 weeks.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are amazing and helped me not have to take time off of work.
Total $27K for 1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 retrieval
He was very helpful recommending the right scenario for us.

2017 - 2019
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York]... Seems like there were a dozen and I spoke to a different person on the hotline every time. The nurse coordinating medications was so disorganized...Monitoring was awful. A room full of dozens of women waiting to be seen. Wait times were erratic. Sometimes it was 10 minutes, sometimes it was an hour and 10 minutes...During my treatment here, I have seen 5-6 different doctors. I understand it takes a team, but the number of people that I was bounced around to led to a horrible patient experience and low quality of care. When I had questions - people didn't have the answers because they didn't know my case and it took 3-5 phone calls to ever get a knowledgeable person on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The phlebatomist is the only pleasant person who knows what she is doing and does it well. The receptionist is awful. She's cosntantly scowling and rude to patients. Her temperament would be better suited for someone who didn't have to interact with people. During my treatment here, I have seen 5-6 different doctors. I understand it takes a team, but the number of people that I was bounced around to led to a horrible patient experience and low quality of care. When I had questions - people didn't have the answers because they didn't know my case and it took 3-5 phone calls to ever get a knowledgeable person on the phone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
At RMA, expect to feel like a one of thousands of patients that are pushed through the system. You won't be allowed to speak to someone when you call. You won't actually see your doctor when you have an appointment. When you do manage to see your doctor, they will not follow through on what they said in previous appointments. If you have thoughts on your treatment, they won't listen.
The nursing staff... Seems like there were a dozen and I spoke to a different person on the hotline every time. The nurse coordinating medications was so disorganized. If I wasn't an organized intelligent and highly educated person... I wouldn't have had the medication I needed to continue with treatment.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is great at following standard operating procedures, but doesn't provide a high quality of care. She is incredibly risk averse. I often felt I knew more about my course of treatment through internet research then what she was able to tell me. She doesn't seem to care about her patients and doesn't always follow through on what she describes as "next steps" in course of treatment. After 3 years, I feel like I can't trust her and have little confidence in what she says.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Don't bother... find another doctor.
Kim L. Thornton
NY - Downtown

RMA doesn’t really allow the conversation of having more than one egg transferred OR discounting subsequent transfer cycles for patients under 35...At times in the process you can definitely feel that RMA is more concerned with their own stats than your individual patient case. They are rigid in their standards (which are top notch) but sometimes to a fault..The phlebotomist is really great at RMA! Also shoutout to Nurse Melissa who is lovely and often went above and beyond. I felt she explained things to me in a way doctor Sekhon was not capable of and always showed compassion. The coordinator, Jennifer, is sweet and was helpful but definitely inexperienced.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
At the end of the day, my IVF procedure worked and I am pregnant. I transitioned to Dr. Sekhon from a doctor who left the clinic and the transition was messy and often fraught with bad communication and lack of compassion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask all the questions- she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I believe I did the antagonist protocol and had to do 13 days of shoes because my follicles took awhile to develop.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call and often created conflicts with work because they were completely inflexible. The front desk admin sent out bloodwork for the day multiple times before monitoring hours were over, leading to issues with same day results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
I had insurance coverage that was capped at $10k for lifetime maximum so paid a few thousand out of pocket at least . I was ultimately able to get my medications covered but only because someone from Glow suggested I fight for it.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Lucky Sekhon
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
admin staff [at RMA of New York] has been excellent with me, especially finance and clinical coordinator...uses a lot of staff to get in touch with their many patients - they do calls in the afternoon and leave voice mail messages and emails with instructions. Nurses are nice and very diligent; they follow up with the doctor and the coordinator if needed. Some are better (Katrina?) than the others, but overall they are nice,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very busy clinic, lines and wait time can get long especially on the weekend when other RMA's office are closed. get there early for monitoring and be patient. Numbers bring strength too they get to see a lot of people and a lot of experiences, yet for DOR/AMA they have the same approach.IF you're new to this, get info before your first visit so you can ask questions that matter. Their admin staff has been excellent with me, especially finance and clinical coordinator.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
It is a very efficient office that processes a lot more women you'd think need help - that has todo with personal expectations and it may be an indicator of RMA's success, but it does contribute to everything (calls, procedures, visits) being part of a schedule and always hurried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
RMA uses a lot of staff to get in touch with their many patients - they do calls in the afternoon and leave voice mail messages and emails with instructions. Nurses are nice and very diligent; they follow up with the doctor and the coordinator if needed. Some are better (Katrina?) than the others, but overall they are nice,
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Since I have not seen another doctor is hard to compare. Dr. Sandler to another one. He is very busy yet always professional, he will explain procedures in technical details if you ask or care, and answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, he is very straight forward and not "a warm" person but that didn't bother me. What did bother me is that he only changed treatment once and it didn't work as well (not his fault) and the fact that he did not consider that other results maybe possible to attain due to my age. I am seeing another doctor for a second consult, but I do believe that Sandler and RMA do things by "the book", especially for AMA /DOR and don't like to take risks, or try new things. He is knowledgeable and will make decisions based on facts (ie blood tests to confirm if ovidrel shot is needed and such) but that is also a very cookie-cutter approach, one size fits all. Not sure if the results would have differed if one of the variables were changed, since that didn't happen. I wish he was more open to trying new things or Ill ask if he has a reason for sticking to the method he thinks works best (which is the medically expected program for DOR). My advice is to not be intimidated and ask as many questions along the way as you need.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
see previous, ask questions, ask why not.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I've done the standard DOR antagonist protocol, gonal f 300, menopur 2 vials for 4 days than increased to 3, with ganirelix once the leading follicle reached 16 mm, and ovidrel shot- Once we tried luptondown regulator that suppressed me too much so went back to antagonist with no birth control. out of 4 cycles, we are left with 2 pgs normal out of a total 12 embroys in 4 cycles. no changes to regimen was based on the fact that antagonist works best for DOR, estrogen has risen, and follicles were produced, yet the low results are to be expected due to aging
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
efficient, busy, could be really bad on the weekends- they are open almost 360 days out of 365 so thats a plus, but they are busy. location super convenient for me, and staff is helpful but busy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
insurance paid some costs, and I ended up with most of it. it averages to $11-$12K when self pay and all included (isci,pgs etc)
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA only does ESet for ama
NY - Eastside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
RMA is a super organized clinic that has very clear processes in place to meet all patients’ needs. However they see huge volume of patients. What that actually means is you get your needs met but it is not by the same team, you see a different doctor each time, and sometimes this results in what feels like less personal care....There are all different nurses each day and at each clinic. They are all really nice and helpful. Some were more helpful in answering questions than others. I really liked the nurses at the Brooklyn clinic where I was receiving most of my monitoring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The main strength is that this clinic was open on weekends and holidays which was a huge advantage because most of my IUIs ended up falling on weekends. They take the time sensitivity of these procedures seriously. However you see a different doctor every time as a result. Their success rates are also high but so are their prices.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler seems to be very knowledgeable about his field and really cares about his patients. But his communication skills are a bit lacking. He seems to run the appointments with a clear formula in mind, most prominently considering what he thinks you need rather than answer your questions or listening to what your concerns are. We wouldn’t focus on the things that I wanted to talk about or I was concerned with but rather the things he thought we should be discussing.
Do research on your own and come with specific questions you want answered, and don’t be shy to jump in and ask them. Otherwise he will just do his spiel. Don’t expect to see him more than once or twice, but the whole team at RMA is nice and supportive so you’re in good hands!
We did six IUI cycles over all. The first one was unmedicated and failed. The second one was unmedicated with the ovidrel trigger shot and failed. The third through sixth attempts were medicated with letrozole and ovidrel trigger shot, all of which failed as well. We are now in conversation about moving to IVF. Dr Sandler has suggested not doing PGT testing since he doesn’t think I’ll have enough embryos given my low AMH level.
I paid out of pocket because I don’t have coverage (really, because my insurance plan is homophobic!). I paid $305 for each IUI and sonograms and bloodwork was additional but my insurance covered those. Medications were not covered (about $60/month) and neither was donor sperm ($950/vial). We are now discussing costs of IVF.
I did not do IVF yet.
NY - Eastside

I think some of the nurses [RMA of NY] who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.... Jordyn Banks was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think some of the nurses who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone. I never felt badly reaching out with extra questions and I always feel like they really care and are "in it" with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks and Samantha McGuire)
Every single nurse on Dr. Copperman's team has been fantastic. Jordyn Banks was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way - even giving me her cellphone number in case we had any urgent questions/concerns after hours. Samantha McGuire is our IVF coordinator and was so detailed and organized from the get go and responds to e-mails immediately. I always felt like they were on top of everything at every turn.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action. He also has called me in response to an email I sent him once just to make me feel better. He clearly cares about his patients and wants them to succeed at having a healthy pregnancy.
Ask questions if he speaks too quickly or goes too fast -- I think sometimes he forgets it's new information to his patients but any time I've asked him to clarify or re-explain it's been no problem.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did three IUI cycles with Femera, which he said was better than Clomid for patients like me with PCOS. We were also briefly on an antagonist protocol for IVF before it was cancelled due to a lead follicle. During that IVF treatment I was monitored every 2 days also because of my PCOS.
Dr. Copperman has said he will only transfer 1 embryo at a time and that is fine with us.
NY - Eastside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
At times, it was difficult to get a straight answer from the clinic [RMA]. It is a well-oiled machine. Yet sometimes, you feel rushed during appointments (monitoring or consultations), phone calls, or other interactions. There was one week I had to call every day to get a call back regarding the IVF plan and ordering appropriate medications. Medications were ordered last minute before a trip and I nearly missed a cycle due to the poor response. I never got an apology for their carelessness/disorganization/lack of responsiveness.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths - RMA clinical team includes financial resources (if you have insurance, they will do all of the calls for your benefits, bills, authorization for medications). All you have to do is call to authorize your insurance for the IVF benefit. They do have an organized system. However, at times that same organization is a detriment. RMA treats you like a number. On one of my retrieval cycles, a new Dr (I had never met before) did my retrieval. He barely introduced himself to me. Then after the procedure was done, I had to ask multiple times for Tylenol to treat the pain and for the oocyte count. In addition, the nurses rushed me out while I still felt groggy and confused from the anesthesia. On another visit, a transfer cycle - I requested to transfer 2 embryos. The dr. nearly bit my head off, he was nasty/short. It made the rest of the transfer an uncomfortable experience and hard to relax after.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
At times, it was difficult to get a straight answer from the clinic. It is a well-oiled machine. Yet sometimes, you feel rushed during appointments (monitoring or consultations), phone calls, or other interactions. There was one week I had to call every day to get a call back regarding the IVF plan and ordering appropriate medications. Medications were ordered last minute before a trip and I nearly missed a cycle due to the poor response. I never got an apology for their carelessness/disorganization/lack of responsiveness.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga & Anna)
Olga is cold, disorganized, provides inconsistent instructions to Dr. McAvey and Anna (for instance, she will say you have to take a HPT on Thursday instead of on Wednesday, she sometimes says incorrect medication dosage, she's not personable). In contrast, I saw Anna less frequently but she was always much more friendly and her instructions were more in line with Dr. McAvey.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey is a fast talker. She is warm and friendly. If you come in with a list of questions (you can prepare in advance and email her), she will respond to almost all of them. She listens to your ideas about protocol changes and will work with you to try to find the best results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Do some research - as people what questions you should ask her. Have all of your questions listed in advance. Do not be afraid to speak up for yourself (by asking questions and advocating for what you want).
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did 4 cycles with Clomid (some where cancelled due to cysts). Due to my response to Clomid (and my concerns about elevated risks for breast/ovarian cancers), we changed to Letrozole for IUI. We did 3 cycles of IUI. Since research does not show additional benefit after 3 cycles of IUI, we discussed moving on to IVF. We did 2 cycles, first using an antagonist-protocol, the second using an estrogen-priming antagonist protocol (which adjusts for my high estrogen levels early in the cycle). Both had a high number of oocytes retrieved, but poor egg maturation/embryo blastulation rates. After 2 retrievals, we did 2 transfers. Neither resulted in a pregnancy, so we did additional testing and I sought additional opinions to make sure we were not overlooking anything. The testing revealed my husband had a balanced translocation. To potentially improve my embryo quality for the 3rd retrieval we changed to back to an antagonist protocol using an additional Letrozole flair during treatment. However, that cycle was the least successful - 2 embryos after 1 week but PGS testing showed they were both abnormal. Dr. McAvey then had a frank conversation about what to consider going forward and encouraged me to seek other opinions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First come, first serve. The LI office was usually quiet. There was a wait only a couple of times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most. Copays for medications ranged from $20-$190
Describe Beth McAvey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA's standard is to do single ET, but we requested to do 2 embryos during one of our transfer cycles. They reluctantly complied with our request. Regardless, the result was negative anyway.
Long Island

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
strength: doesn't make you feel like just a number, overall the employees [RMA of New York] are pleasant. weakness: if you need to do monitoring on the weekend, you'd need to travel into Manhattan. Egg retrieval and transfers are in Manhattan as well which can be inconvenient. ... The ladies at the front desk have all been pleasant. The nurse who does my blood draws has been very pleasant with me.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
strength: doesn't make you feel like just a number, overall the employees are pleasant. weakness: if you need to do monitoring on the weekend, you'd need to travel into Manhattan. Egg retrieval and transfers are in Manhattan as well which can be inconvenient.
Dr. McAvey has had great bedside manners, has taken the time to discuss next steps with me and go into detail answering the questions that I've had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
The nurse was fine. Doesn't give me as much detail on the follicle growth as the doctors do and isn't as personable, but she's fine otherwise. The IVF coordinator has been patient with me and answers all my questions in a timely manner. The ladies at the front desk have all been pleasant. The nurse who does my blood draws has been very pleasant with me.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey has been great to work with. The only thing I wish was that she was the one doing the retrievals and available during all of my monitoring appointments instead of sometimes the nurse doing the ultrasounds instead.
Not to expect to see her at every appointment.
I think they were the antagonist protocol. 1st retrieval was priming with birth control, and then 300iu Gonal F in the AM and 2 vials of menopur at night with a dose of micro dose lupron in the AM and PM. Menopur was adjusted during the cycle. Plus a trigger shot. 2nd retrieval was priming with estrogen patch and cetrotide, then was 200iu Gonal F in the AM and 2 vials of Menopur in the PM with cetrotide and two different trigger shots. 2nd retrieval was better, but embryo tested abnormal.
IUI was about $1500 with monitoring (no insurance coverage) and IVF I believe was $23-28K with no insurance coverage.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [RMA of New York] is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. ... It [Monitoring appointments] was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. ... I mostly worked with Julie [nurse], who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. The waiting room could sometimes feel crowded but they have recently made significant improvements in the environment and also in the speed of service.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee is extremely client-oriented, pays attention to the individual patient and kindly explains the reasoning for suggested treatment. Provides options, discussed details and really wants to have his patient on board, feeling comfortable with the treatment decision.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
All the nurses and care coordinators were truly. I mostly worked with Julie, who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Mukherjee offers a wonderful experience to his patients, as much as this is possible under circumstances. He works in concert with his nursing staff and I feel he tailors treatment to the specific and unique needs of every patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
You'll have a wonderful experience with this doctor!
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart. It was with his help and open, innovative approach, that I actually had a pregnancy for the first time in 3 years of trying (it was unfortunately lost to a miscarriage, but there was a pregnancy with my own eggs).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. The staff were always helpful and one could see everyone was trying their best and communicating really with each other, which can give a lot of confidence to patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Some of the treatments were covered by my insurance but this had quickly run out. The costs were reasonable compared to other clinics fo the same category.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
n/a - this doctor did what was best for the individual patient with an intention to achieve positive results
NY - Eastside

Its [RMA of New York] small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. ... The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier. ... The nurses on Dr Sekhon's staff are great. They always call you right back. They are very informed and answers questions with ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. I have heard the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call, but I think that is true for just about every practice at the larger locations. The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier.
Dr Sekhon really takes the time to talk to you and work with you on your treatments. She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself. She just really gets it and understands its not just the infertility that needs to be treated, its also the anxiety that goes along with it. She works really hard to set your mind at ease. She doesn't sugarcoat, but she is also not cold and matter of fact like many RE's are.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt )
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is such a breath of fresh air compare to my last RE. She is kind, respectful, detailed in her responses and generally seems to care. She never makes you feel like you are a number. She really knows what she is talking about and is on top of all the latest studies and treatment options. She never just does something because that is just what is typically done. She really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. She has also been through IVF herself so she actually knows what her patients are going through physically and mentally. I cannot recommend her more.
Be completely open and honest with her. Tell her all the supplements you are taking, she will tell you which ones you actually need, unlike many who say you don't need to take anything. Ask her lots of questions in general. She will answer them all even if they seem ridiculous.
We have only done one clomid iui cycle with her that was unsuccessful. We are currently on our second cycle of clomid and waiting for the iui. The first cycle Dr Sekhon prescribed clomid to us after blood work on CD3 then had me come back on cycle day 10 for a scan trigger shot and iui the next day. I did feel it was a little early, but I was seeing another dr in her practice that morning so didn't have a chance to discuss. I voiced my concerns and this round we are doing scans and blood work to make absolutely sure its the the right time to trigger. Dr Sekhon had absolutely no problem at all with tailoring the treatment.
I haven't done IVF yet so I am not sure what the total cost is, but iui was $350.
She said because we already had one child she recommends one embryo transfer since we do not want to have more than 2 kids.
Lucky Sekhon

2016 - 2019
They have several offices that are clean and well maintained, which is a strength. They do not have a good communication system, there is no where to speak with the doctor directly. The nurses always call back if you have a question, which is fine for some things but sometimes you just need to talk to your doctor. ... I have met with my "primary nurse" about once since 2016 and when speaking to her on the phone, she comes off as very dismissive.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They have several offices that are clean and well maintained, which is a strength. They do not have a good communication system, there is no where to speak with the doctor directly. The nurses always call back if you have a question, which is fine for some things but sometimes you just need to talk to your doctor. And when the nurse calls back, it may not be the same nurse each time. I have met with my "primary nurse" about once since 2016 and when speaking to her on the phone, she comes off as very dismissive. Another strength are the women that sit in the front, as they seem much more personable and help with the ease of checking out of the office after your visit.
Dr. Mukherjee conducted one out of 5 IUIs. I mostly speak with whichever nurse gets my message, although I have been assigned one. I have spoken with Dr. Mukherjee once every 6 months or so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie (Last name unknown))
I felt like the entire office runs more like a factory than a doctor's office. When being contacted by phone, it just is a list of things for me to do. Most of the time, things that did not work out, such as where to pick up my medication or timeliness of them putting the medication into the pharmacy. Some of the nurses seemed ok but you don't get an opportunity to know any of them well enough to build a trusting relationship.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Muhkerjee, when I did get a chance to meet with him has been very nice. When having phone consultations, things seem very rushed and he gave more directives than an opportunity to figure out what wasn't working.
One piece of advice, don't expect him to be the only doctor that you meet with at RMA of NY. I have had at least 4 different doctors perform my IUIs (I've had 5 to-date).
I was informed that my BMI was too high so I met with the nutritionist, who helped bring that down so I could take Clomid and have less of a risk of a heart attack with the lower BMI. That's about all that I could remember.
My insurance does not cover IUI treatments and they quoted me a bundle cost of $700 per cycle. I had to call my insurance for clarification, as the "financial coordinator" that I was assigned provided my inaccurate information.
N/A at this time.
NY - Eastside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.

RMA is a great place. It has a good energy, there is never a long wait time, there is always tons of patients there. I think because it is a franchise, it definitely has more of a one size fits all approach. So if your case is complicated in anyway, I am not sure if this is the place.... My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I am confident that RMA is a top-notch facility and Dr. Grunfeld is a great doctor. My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all. I had two embryos reach blastocyst and they discarded them based on their quality. I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
Organized, readily available, always returned calls, followed up after morning monitoring with emails to re-confirm the results of your monitoring and thus what dosages/meds to take.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing. That said, I definitely think he doesn't go into all of the details and is talented at making you just trust the process. I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Be prepared before your consult, but I think that applies to all doctor consults in this process. There are so many talented doctors in NY, you have to trust your intuition.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Day 2 I began 5ml Lupron and 300 Follistim in the AM and 5ml Lupron and 150mg Menopur in the PM . I did that for 10 days until my trigger shot. My trigger was Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient. No waiting, no stress, bloodwork, then ultrasound and then you are out the door and on to the rest of your day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
15,500 for a complete frozen cycle. My embryos did not qualify for transfer, so that was cancelled. So I received a 5,400 credit. Medication ranged about $3000-4000. I did one IUI and that was $700 plus $150 cost for trigger shot. They do offer package deals for multiple cycles.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Grunfeld believes in frozen transfers with single embryo post PGS testing.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
NY - Westside

The nursing staff was amazing at RMA NY. They were organized, on the ball, and compassionate. I felt like they were on the top of their game and like I wasn't going to fall through the cracks... They are a well-oiled machine. Monitoring hours can get quite busy, but they are organized and it goes pretty quickly. They also have several other locations throughout NYC and you can go to any of those locations for monitoring during the week, which is nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA NY was very organized! I've been to other large clinics that operate in a similar way (eg factory style monitoring hours), but never felt the others were as organized and on top of things as RMA. They called my prescriptions in in a timely manner, were very detailed in their daily instructions and blood work results. I felt like I was taken care of. The only downside (which didn't bother me) is that it can get quite busy during monitoring hours. But because they are so organized, and have the s$!t together, it didn't bother me.
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup. He was on top of my cycle and was willing to make tweaks mid-cycle increase my success
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther. it was reassuring to know that he was constantly reviewing my case, rather than applying a generic protocol
If you're looking for someone who is overly emotive or compassionate, he may not be for you. But he is a kind person and I felt that he was paying attention to me as a patient. Which is what mattered to me.
Dr. Grunfeld had me prime with estrogren patches and Ganirelix before my cycle began, then I did 14 days of 300 Gonal -F and Menopure once my cycle started. He started me out on 2 amps of Menopure but eventually upped my dose to 3 in hopes of getting a better response. I also took Ganirelix for 4 days toward the end. I triggered with lupron and novarell. I'm 41 and developed 9 follicles between my two ovaries. He was happy with this.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The total cost of treatment (not including meds) is about $15,000 for IVF plus ICSI
We haven't gotten this far yet.
NY - Eastside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.

4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
I felt like sometimes I was not told specifics about protocols with my IVF cycle [at RMA of New York]. For example, we decided to go ahead with IVF in November, but the clinic does not do IVF in December, so we had to wait until January. But they still wanted me to come in to the clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle in December but no one told me this...Monitoring hours were quick and efficient, even when there were 30 people in the waiting room.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic in White Plains does not have rooms for male partners to provide samples. They expect you to provide a sample at home and then bring it with you to the clinic. It was awkward to say the least to go through that since we live almost 50 minutes away from the clinic. Otherwise, the space is fine. RMA overall gives military discounts, which I appreciate so much. Tricare (military insurance) does not cover IVF or any IVF medications, so it was a huge financial strain on us to do it. But with the discount, it made it much more affordable, and I appreciate them giving it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was very open and kind. He gave us his email address on the day of our consultation and told us to contact him anytime with questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer; Katherine)
We had an interesting time with coordinators because our first went out on medical leave in the middle of our retrieval cycle and no one told us. I had to email Dr. Klein to figure out why she hadn't emailed me back. I do not know the details of her leave, so I empathize that emergencies do happen, but I wish there had been better communication about it. The nursing staff overall were very nice. Because of my personal history with disordered eating and weight preoccupation, I do not like to know my weight when it is taken at the clinic. I asked to not be told, but the nurse thought it was a joke and was very lighthearted about it. I wish they had been a little more sensitive to what I was asking.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was a wonderful physician. He listened to our concerns, and answered all our questions without being condescending or rushed. He gave us his email after our first appointment, and any time I emailed him with questions, he responded promptly. He was very kind and supportive of our decisions throughout our fertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Utilize his email. The process of infertility treatments can mess with your head, so use his email when you have questions or concerns about any aspect of what's going on.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Klein and his team are very concerned about success rates for people trying to conceive as well as doing it in the safest way possible. They follow the newest and best protocols from research (and some of the research they do themselves at RMA). He started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Our insurance does not cover IUI or IVF, so it would have been close to $20,000 (including medications), but military personnel get a discount, so the cost was lower.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He does not support doing multiple embryo transfers because of the risk of multiple gestation. This may not be the case for people with low quality embryos, but when we discussed it, he flat out said no. Only one embryo at a time.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The Westchester location [of RMA of New York] is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant...
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester location is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Primary PA was easy to reach and quick to answer questions when she was at work. If she was out, I got calls with results from nursing staff I had never met.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a great doctor. He's relatively warm and compassionate, but he's also realistic. He always sets expectations. I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Write everything down, and ask him to repeat himself - he talks fast! Ask lots of questions.
Retrieval #1: Gonal-F in the morning, Menopur in evening. Cetrotide added 5 days before trigger. Dual trigger shot (HCG and lupron). 14 days of stims. Resulted in 20 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5, 4 PGS normal. Before first transfer: hysteroscopy - 2 small polyps and small adhesion removed. Transfer #1: BCP, estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #2: Next cycle after. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #3. RPL panel (negative), karyotyping (negative), saline sonogram (negative) biopsy (positive for endometritis). 2 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in negative. Transfer #4: 3 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in CP. Retrieval #2: Gonal-F in the morning, higher dose (than last time) or Menopur in the evening. Cetrotide added 6 days before trigger. Lupron trigger only. 15 days of stims. 19 eggs, 18 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5/6/7, 5 PGS normal, 1 inconclusive. Transfer #5: 12 days of birth control pills, 5 days overlapping with 10 units of lupron. Continued 10 units of lupron until light period arrived, reduced to 5 units. 3.5 weeks of lupron total. Estrodiol added 2x day, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in pregnancy starting with very low beta (37 at 9dp5dt) - currently 9+2 weeks.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient on weekdays at the Westchester location. Terrible cattle-call on the weekends at the Madison Ave location.
Insurance covered our IUIs and $10K or IVF, plus $10K of medications. RMA charged us the remainder. First 2 transfers were included in insurance cost. Each transfer after was $3500. Costs included bloodwork, ultrasounds, and monitoring appointments. Once we were paying out of pocket for IVF #2, the total cost included all appointments, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and 1 transfer. PGS is private pay, and any procedure (saline sonogram, biopsy) is charged to your insurance.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman firmly believes in only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He also insists on only transferring PGS/PGD tested embryos.
Westchester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.

RMA has a great selection of Dr's and great team of personnel who is personable and caring during your Infertility treatments. I was treated like a person and not a number at all the stages of my IVF journey and at each clinic I visited for monitoring/retrieval/transfer...Martha [nurse] was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman was very personable and caring during my IVF treatment. He was always available to talk and emailed me back promptly with any questions or concerns that I had. He was extremely supportive of my infertility case and due to being a genetic carrier and undergoing PGD/PGS embryo testing, he was very positive that we would achieve a favorable outcome!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy)
Martha was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a wonderful, kind and understanding Dr. who focused solely on our infertility issues at hand and remained positive and provided encouragement when outcomes didn't go in our favor. He was always available for a phone call and always responded to my emails at all times of the day and on weekends. I always had a lot of questions and concerns and he was always there to calm me down and assure me that everything was ok. His communication skills and ability to make you feel like a person and not another infertility statistic is his top strengths as a doctor. Through his positive support and perseverance we were able to achieve a favorable outcome and a successful transfer in October 2018. Our miracle baby Girl was born in July 2019 and we owe all our success to him!
Trust his plan of action! I was skeptical at first, but he knows what is best for every individual case!
As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs. Dr. Lederman increased the use of Menopur and Gonal F after the first round yielded only a few eggs. On my third round I produced 2x the amount of eggs from my first round and two of the embryo's made it to the blast/frozen stage and were sent for PGD/PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7am-9:30am. I was able to go in before work and complete monitoring before my work day started.
Costs were covered by our Insurance plan.
Due to only getting two embryo's to blast after being PGD/PGS tested both embryo's came back normal and without the genetic factor. eSET was recommended due to the limited amount of PGS/PGD normal blasts we had and we did not want to potentially loose both of them in a multiple embryo transfer and be left with nothing.
Westchester

although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York], because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered...Strengths: always on time for appointments...Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: always on time for appointments and doctors perform ultrasounds Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
I would say it was in between. He was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner. However, although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours, because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered.
Very professional and caring
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was clearly a very knowledgeable doctor. He was very professional and demonstrated good bedside manner. The reason I decided to change clinics was because I was still hopeful that I could be successful with pregnancy through IUI's and there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
We first began with "timed intercourse" which consisted of trigger shots and monitoring. It was a little under a year of my husband and I TTC, which was still a little early, but he seemed understanding and very willing to assist us. We did two of those, followed by a round with letrozole. Followed by 3 rounds of "timed intercourse" we moved on to 4 IUI's with letrozole, trigger shots, and of course monitoring.
Co-pay each time
Westchester

I was not a "typical" patient of this clinic because I was being seen as a professional favor to my OBGYN. However, the staff was very helpful and friendly. I'm unsure if it was the case with all patients but I think the hours were a bit limited. The earliest I could get there was 7am, which wasn't always convenient....I did not have much interaction with the nurses because I was monitored by my OBGYN and just saw Dr Klein for the IUIs. The nurses who I did have contact with were always very nice and informative.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr Klein was very personable and easy to talk to. He provided me with his email and direct phone number and was quick to respond with any questions I had. He squeezed me in for both cycles before I had to go to work in the morning.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Klein was very approachable and easy to talk to. He explained the IUI process in a simple manner and answered questions we had in lay terms, even though he knew I was a nurse and understood the process. He was easy to get in touch with via text or email.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. He is very open to answering questions and doesn't make you feel dumb.
Dr Klein did my first two IUIs. He pretty much saw me as a professional favor to my OBGYN since I am a labor and delivery RN. He reviewed all my labs and diagnostics and did a phone consult. I took clomid 50mg, as I had been for the last two cycles, and I tracked my cycle with OPK and called him when I got a positive. We came in the next day for an IUI but after performing an ultrasound discovered that I had already ovulated. We did the IUI that day anyway but it was not successful. The next month he increased my clomid to 75mg and I was monitored by ultrasound until my follicles were the appropriate size. I received a trigger shot of ovidrel in his office and went to his office for an IUI the next morning. Unfortunately, this was also unsuccessful.
I received a bill for our second IUI but not the first. He did not take my insurance.
Jeffrey Klein

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
RMA of NY can be very crowded especially in the monitoring hours. ... The phlebotomist are nice and the staff that help during the ultrasound are also very nice. Be prepared also to be seen by different doctors for the ultrasound as they rotate their days in coming in early during monitoring hours. ...They also have a urologist in site and whenever we saw him for my husband, we are in the waiting area with other people.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY can be very crowded especially in the monitoring hours. They also have a urologist in site and whenever we saw him for my husband, we are in the waiting area with other people. They don't have a separate waiting room for patients which appointments. The site in the east side (59th St) could be very busy and sometimes we have to go to the West side for some test which is not convenient for us. Sometimes, also the wait for the monitoring hours could be long especially if you arrive after 7:30 am (they start 7 am). What I really like though with RMA is that they have 1 number for all your concerns - urgent matters, appointments, talking to your nurse); there will always be someone at the other end especially during office hours.
I was given percentages of our chances for IUI and IVF sadly all failed - this made me feel like a number. During my care under Dr. Mukherjee, he is blunt with me and my husband; the direct to the point as to what why our IVF failed. He called us for a follow up after the failed IVF which is the way it is supposed to be. I find it as a "closure" to a failed cycle. He took the time to explained us what happened and what is the next step.
I had an amazing primary nurse, Julie. She is such a hard worker, very compassionate, communicates well (phone & email). I don't feel rushed when talking to the phone with her. She would even answer her email even if she is off! (this shows dedication to her patients & work). The rest of the nursing staff is also great! I really love the nurses at RMA of NY. My IVF coordinator is also nice. She made sure she had everything before starting my cycle.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Strengths: very knowledge about our treatments and possible causes of failure. He recommended things that could help improve egg quality (which I didn't do since I went to a different doctor who didn't recommend them). He also would take in consideration my suggestions/inquiries. I asked about improving sperm quality - use of Clomid which help increased my husband's morphology size. He would answer my email by the end of the day Weakness: I would see a different doctor during monitoring hours.
Prepare your questions ahead of time. Take the time to write down your questions. He will give you % of your chances for treatments just be prepared that it might not be what you expect.
He used the antagonist protocol, freeze all then frozen embryo transfer. I got follistim, menopur (forgot the dosages) then ganirelix then Lupron trigger. My husband took antibiotics prior to egg retrieval. After egg retrieval, I was given antibiotics. Then was started on estrace, Medrol. Then progesterone injections after transfer. I had 24 eggs retrieved; 4 PGS - 3 abnormal, 1 limited amplification but with repeat PGS that embryo was normal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It could get busy during monitoring hours. They key is to come in early and be one of the first patients to be seen especially if an ultrasound is needed. The phlebotomist are nice and the staff that help during the ultrasound are also very nice. Be prepared also to be seen by different doctors for the ultrasound as they rotate their days in coming in early during monitoring hours.
Freeze all cycle with ICSI & PGD: $ 13, 115 Frozen Embryo transfer: $ 2, 485 Anesthesia: $ 750
Since I had PGS testing done, Dr. Mukherjee only recommended 1 normal PGS transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Every time I went in for monitoring aka "cattle call" [at RMA of New York] I saw a different doctor. They were all very nice and I'm sure great doctors but the problem is with these big clinics is that you really don't have one person truly dedicated to your success. IVF is all about timing. How can a doctor that hasn't even seen my ovaries make any sort of decisions on my cycle? And even if she wasn't there for all the visits, she never once called or emailed me to see how I was feeling. No one ever told me what my embryos were graded or was wrong with the embryos after testing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to work on making patients feel like people. Having fertility issues is devasting and everyone just lacks compassion. The place feels like a baby making assembly line. I also feel I was kind of pushed to PSG testing. They didn't really talk to me about it. I just got a bill that said I was doing IVF with PGS. I thought it was what the doctor thought was best for me but I'm pretty sure that's how they keep their stats up.
I was supposedly under the care of Dr. McAvey for 2 cycles but only actually saw her twice after the consultation. Didn't feel like I had a personalized treatment plan. She also left a voicemail to tell me all my eggs were abnormal.
They were very nice and pleasant but you still feel like your being moved through an assembly line during morning monitoring. The nurse that was assigned to always sounded kinda cranky. But they called in a timely manner to let you know what meds to take and when to come in again
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
It's actually pretty hard to share my experience with her because I barely saw her in the 4 months with RMA. We had a none existent relationship. Every time I went in for monitoring aka "cattle call" I saw a different doctor. They were all very nice and I'm sure great doctors but the problem is with these big clinics is that you really don't have one person truly dedicated to your success. IVF is all about timing. How can a doctor that hasn't even seen my ovaries make any sort of decisions on my cycle? And even if she wasn't there for all the visits, she never once called or emailed me to see how I was feeling. No one ever told me what my embryos were graded or was wrong with the embryos after testing. It was my first time doing IVF and didn't even know to ask. I was never told any blood work results. I learned I didn't really know much about anything until I got my medical records to move over to a fertility doctor. I also felt they dropped the ball with the last cycle. Then on about 5 days into this last cycle, a dr said there were only 3 eggs that looked mature. So I emailed Dr McAvey asking if she thinks there are only going to be 3 viable eggs then maybe we should cancel the cycle. We're paying this out of pocket so not trying to throw 15k out the window. Then the next day she upped my dose drastically like a Hail Mary attempt to get some more eggs to mature. The day before retrieval my I believe my biggest one with over 23mm which is huge and one or 2 others over 20. I feel she pushed those to the limit to try to get some others to grow. We did a half dose of the trigger. Ended up with one abnormal embryo on day 5. So, I was right. 15k out the window.
FInd another doctor
They didn't really explain why they were doing what they were doing. I didn't know better and just went with the flow. Only until after I moved to a new doctor did I realize how left in the dark I was.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call for sure but in and out pretty quick
I got a discounted rate through the Glow app. It was 15k for the cycle including monitoring since we didn't do a transfer they applied that money to the new cycle making it 12k.
Never got that far

2013 - 2018
24 Eggs Frozen
RMA has very good doctors--but the entire approach of the clinic is to do large numbers of IVF and egg freezing cycles without little care for the patient. It is very difficult to arrange for a one-on-one conversation with the doctor or nursing staff.... The clinic is also very challenging to work with concerning billing. Even though my insurance provider covers IVF, RMA required me to pay the clinic directly for certain procedures, which forced me to seek reimbursement from my insurance company
2013 - 2018
24 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has very good doctors--but the entire approach of the clinic is to do large numbers of IVF and egg freezing cycles without little care for the patient. It is very difficult to arrange for a one-on-one conversation with the doctor or nursing staff. I felt like a number during my egg freezing cycle and when I returned to the clinic to use my frozen eggs -- which did not yield any usable embryos. The clinic is also very challenging to work with concerning billing. Even though my insurance provider covers IVF, RMA required me to pay the clinic directly for certain procedures, which forced me to seek reimbursement from my insurance company. On one occasion, the doctor recommended that I take a certain test; the RMA billing staff indicated that because they could not guarantee that my insurance company (CIGNA) would cover it, I would just have to pay for the cost directly I was disappointed that RMA, as a clinic that works on a daily basis with CIGNA, would not facilitate my access to IVF coverage by discussing my need for this test with the insurance provider. This was just one example of many by which the clinic conveys that all it cares about is your money, rather than whether the services provided yield the patient the best chance at having a healthy, live baby.
Dr. Grunfeld barely spoke to me. In 2013, I froze 24 eggs through one cycle of egg freezing with Dr. Grunfeld. The doctor was pleased with the result and informed me that there was no need to do another freezing cycle. In 2018, my husband and I sought to use the eggs after experiencing two first trimester miscarriages. The egg thawing and fertilization process was largely unsuccessful with only 1 embryo surviving to the 5-day blastocyst stage. That embryo was deemed abnormal through PGS testing. An RMA nurse called me with the results. I was shocked. The nurse was rushed and said that we lost a lot of eggs in the thawing process and the fertilization process, and that we also lost more than normal during the stage of growing embryos to the 5-day blastocyst stage. She offered no explanation why our results were so bad. My husband and I were so upset that we called the clinic three times to arrange for a conversation with Dr. Grunfeld. When we finally spoke to him, the doctor was flip. He said that my eggs (and our resulting embryos) did not do as well as planned, but that these results were statistically possibly and essentially no big deal. Dr. Grunfeld then suggested we simply do another IVF cycle--as if it were no big deal financially, physically, or emotionally. I was disappointed, particularly because Dr. Grunfeld had been so optimistic that securing 24 eggs through a freezing cycle would yield good results. Dr. Grunfeld spoke to me and my husband for only around five minutes. The casualness of his reaction to the fact that my husband and I had two miscarriages (conceived without IVF) and a failure egg freezing/fertilization cycle shocked us. We indicated that we would seek another opinion before determining how to proceed. Neither Dr. Gurnfeld nor his office ever called us back to ask what we wanted to do. The entire interaction with Dr. Grunfeld and RMA left us feeling that the doctor and clinic as a whole only cared about our money--not about delivering health care that would help us conceive.
The nurses had little interaction with me. They would call each day with my dosage of stimulation drugs. But they did not get to know me or even engage in friendly conversation. I felt like a step in the factory assembly line.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Although Dr. Grunfeld is clearly knowledgable and an expert in the field, he does not spend time with his patients or adequately explain risks or even the possibility of success with a procedure. Dr. Grunfeld was overly optimistic that my 2013 egg freezing cycle would yield good results. When the use of those eggs in 2018 was a total failure, he showed little compassion or concern and did not follow up with me and my husband to advice us on next steps. I was shocked that Dr. Grunfeld showed little concern after my husband and I experienced two miscarriages from spontaneous pregnancy *and* a failed egg fertilization cycle in which my 24 eggs yielded 0 embryos that tested PGS normal. It was disheartening that we had to call his office numerous times to get even a short (5-minute) conversation with him and that his response was to simply suggest that we do another fresh IVF cycle. I felt like a number and had no confidence that Dr. Grunfeld really cared whether my husband and I were able to conceive.
I would not recommend that any prospective patients seek treatment with Dr. Grunfeld at RMA. I would recommend going to a different clinic. I now see Dr. Samantha Pfeifer at Weil Cornel, and am having a much better experience.
Dr. Grunfeld gave me gonal F and Follistum for egg stimulation. He also added ganirelex later in the cycle and Ovidrel for trigger.
I paid approximately $11K for egg freezing, $4K in storage fees, $3K in genetic testing for me and my husband, and $3K for egg thawing and PGS testing.
Dr. Grunfeld prefers SET, which is fine. My husband and I had no normal embryos to transfer.
NY - Eastside

The interactions with the office [RMA of New York] were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The interactions with the office were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
Take detailed notes, and ask for crystal clear steps / timelines.
NY - Westside

It is a high-traffic, impersonal clinic. ... I often showed up to a pharmacy to pick up my Letrozole to find that RMA had not called it in. ... I was billed incorrectly for a visit I did not have, and I was twice given another person's bill at the clinic in person as the desk agent entered the wrong personal info for me ... I only received monitoring/blood test results during one IUI cycle, the rest of the time I was just told "everything's fine"
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is a high-traffic, impersonal clinic. I changed to the RMA Brooklyn clinic as soon as I possibly could, as it is much smaller and the nurses/employees were much more warm and actually remembered me between monitoring appointments.
A good friend referred me to Dr. Grunfeld after she successfully became pregnant after IUI. We only met him twice for consultations- meetings were rushed, he constantly interrupted our questions and concerns, made me feel very uneasy about the process because we were not listened to. I felt as if he has a one-size-fits-all approach, and he wasn't even there for my IUIs- other doctors always performed them. There was no communication or interaction with him outside of brief consultations. His nurses were also clearly dealing with dozens of patients constantly- they had no idea who I was ever, and sometimes this lack of personal connection led them to making some well-meaning but insensitive comments during appointments. I had a much better, more personal experience at RMA Brooklyn, where I have switched to after our 3 IUIs failed. We are now with Dr. Lekovich and about to start IVF... She took her time in consult to listen and answer all of our questions and we feel much more secure in her hands. RMA Eastside has a faceless factory atmosphere, you must advocate for yourself constantly, make sure they are billing you correctly (they once gave me a bill for another patient whose name was similar) and always remember that you are a customer at the end of the day- we were initially denied when we asked to transfer to another doctor in the practice, but when I made it clear I was considering treatment elsewhere, I was immediately given what I asked for. Keep your guard up and be ready to go to battle for yourself at RMA Eastside and with Dr. Grunfeld.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
At the Eastside clinic, they wouldn't have recognized me out of a crowd as a patient. They were just doing their jobs, but they remembered nothing about my past experiences (miscarriage, the fact that I was depressed about failed IUIs, etc.) and would sometimes make insensitive comments during appointments. I reached my limit when I tried to look at my partner's semen analysis pre-IUI and the nurse purposely covered it with her hand and moved it away from me for no apparent reason (perhaps because we didn't pay for a standalone SA?). I complained about this experience and RMA reached out to apologize.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He is clearly intelligent and experienced, but he is a terrible listener and does not customize your treatment. I only met him twice, even though I had at least a dozen appointments under his care. He was not present for any of my actual treatments- they were done by other doctors. When our treatments (IUI) were unsuccessful, nothing was changed or investigated. We were pushed hard towards IVF, and he did not feel we needed to do any sort of investigation into our undiagnosed infertility.
Do your homework, interrupt HIM- don't let him talk over you. You must establish dominance or you will never be heard. He will downplay your concerns about medication side effects. He talks extremely quickly, gives you no time to process, and you'll be lucky if you even get to finish a sentence with him.
IUI with Letrozole, Ovidrel. Always same dosage, no success (3 tries). Felt like we were just wasting time before IVF.
Costs were covered under insurance, but at the end of the day, each IUI cycle cost about $200 out of pocket, and meds cost about $100 out of pocket after coverage.
He is for eSET, against multiple embryo transfer.

IVF, Donor Eggs
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. ... Strengths: Great doctors and staff Psychologist on staff to meet with you about the process and also screen donors On site donor matching program Responsive and caring staff Good morning office hours Weaknesses: The office could use an update I was surprised they didn't offer more holistic services or talk about that more
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser listened to us from the very beginning. He was able to explain his recommended approach in ways that worked for both me and my husband who process things differently. And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process. I appreciated him always answering my questions in a way that made me feel like nothing was too small or dumb to ask and when I felt anxious, he responded with empathy.
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. She got on the phone one weekend to talk to me about the donor process when we had concerns and when there was a small issue with how something was handled, she not only quickly put at us at ease, but she apologized which goes a long way. There was no defensiveness which I really appreciated. the whole staff was great. From the women taking blood in the morning to every person we interacted with throughout the process, they were helpful, empathetic, well-informed and enthusiastic. We felt very well cared for.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. We didn't need a lot of "kumbai-ya" but we felt that he really listened, he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. And throughout the whole process, he answered questions and talked about the process in a way that was reassuring. We were lucky in that we had a very smooth process to getting pregnant (great egg donor result, all of our embryos had great genetic testing results, we got pregnant from the first transfer) but I feel confident that if that hadn't been the case, Dr. Flisser would have been great in less than ideal circumstances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Tell him up front where your head is at with the process. By being honest with him about how I felt and where my husband was with things, he was able to provide the appropriate information in a way that made us both feel really comfortable. He's more soft spoken and not a huge "talker" but I always felt that I got what I needed from every appointment.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We went straight to donor egg because of my age and very low ovarian reserve. Due to the timing of things with our donor, we did a frozen cycle. We did the highest level of PGD testing available (with all the mosaic testing.) I took Estradol (2 and then 3 times per day), thyroid medication once a day (I was not on it previously but he likes your numbers low) and progesterone shots once a day starting four days before the transfer. We didn't want to choose the sex so they picked what they thought was the best embryo. I had a positive pregnancy from the first transfer. Post transfer, I stayed on all the medication throughout the ten weeks I was at RMA, tapering off the meds the last week.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
$15.5K for egg donor and retrieval (shared cycle) $10,350 for recipient treatment psych orientation $300 $1.5K for genetic testing $40 copay per visit Medications - not sure exactly but around $1,000 with my coverage
NY - Eastside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.

The facility [RMA of NY West Side] is clean and well taken care of. They seem to have top of the line equipment. The monitoring hours are ideal. I often came at 7:30 am for monitoring and never had to wait long at all. I often arrive to work earlier than when I didn't have monitoring. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. ... My primary nurse was always extremely detailed and thorough when she provided me with any updates and next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The facility is clean and well taken care of. They seem to have top of the line equipment. The monitoring hours are ideal. I often came at 7:30 am for monitoring and never had to wait long at all. I often arrive to work earlier than when I didn't have monitoring. The entire staff is friendly and helpful.
Dr. Stein has great bedside manner and a great sense of humor. He is great at making you feel comfortable and addresses any concerns you might have in a real way. He doesn't always sugar coat it, but at the same time he puts you at ease when worrying is not necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
My primary nurse was always extremely detailed and thorough when she provided me with any updates and next steps. Although I didn't get all of the information on what comes next from Dr. Stein, I knew I can count on a follow up from my nurse to do so. All of my interactions with the nursing staff were positive.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein has great bedside manner and makes you feel comfortable yet taken care of. Although he may make lighthearted comments these were only when completely appropriate and he never acted unprofessionally. He obviously is a true expert in his field and knows exactly how to handle every situation in the best way possible.
If you are extremely easily offended, I wouldn't go to Dr. Stein. He can make comments that are 100% appropriate, but I could see how somebody with thin skin may misinterpret them. I know that fertility treatment is a time of high emotions, so there is a chance they could be misinterpreted.
I started on the lowest dose of letrozole to stimulate my eggs to mature, after my body wasn't responding after a few days, the dose was then increased. After responding minimally to the increased dose, we decided to move to an inject-able. I took the lowest dose possible of an inject-able for a few days before triggering with ovidrel. I had 3 mature eggs when the ovidrel was administered. After timed intercourse, this resulting in a positive pregnancy test. A few weeks later, I was discharged from the clinic.
My insurance covered up to $12,000 since they were considered a center of excellence. Luckily, since I only had one cycle before becoming pregnant, I only had to pay a few hundred out of pocket.
NY - Westside

Everyone at RMA of NY has always been very friendly and caring. The main nurse I communicate with is Eliza and she's been amazing! Answering every question, email, calls, ready to see me anytime. She has great advice and genially cares. The IVF coordinator was Julia and she was also great in helping me get set-up and organize the meds process, and payment etc...the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
European, Other
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Yes, a lot of people will tell you RMA is a factory. But the truth is, that's a good thing in the sense that it moves quickly and they're efficient. Despite all that, the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
We first went to see Dr. Lederman not knowing we had any issues and just because we had been trying to conceive for 7+ months and were getting impatient. We went there just to get more info, not thinking we even had any infertility problems or so. He was very approachable and very welcoming. He asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza and Julia)
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first found out we had to do IVF, following the results from our first meeting with him, he was very human and caring. We went to see him, a bit devastated to the news, and he was very reassuring in providing us all the info we needed, all the steps, etc. He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational. We're still in the process of our first IVF, and having the transfer next week - hoping it will all go fine. So far, I'm very happy in working with Dr. Lederman.
Be ready to learn a lot about it. He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
We are doing our first IVF, due to male factor so I don't have any infertility diagnosis. I was put on birth control, then did menopur and gonal f for a bit more than 1 week, and then trigger shots for the retrieval. Since we did PGS testing, I was off meds for a bit more than 1 month and now just started the transfer meds including estrace and just started progesterone in oil shot.
Dr. Lederman is against, and will not allow multiple embryo transfer. He will push you to do PGS testing if you can afford it.
NY - Westside

Strengths [at RMA of New York]: Very efficient and polite. Not sure on the weakness. Perhaps it would be nicer if they responded to messages in a more timely manner. Or at least try to be available immediately to converse with the patient...The treatment and care felt very sincere...They [nurses] were very polite and professional. Not once did I feel like just a number. The care and patient they provided made me feel human.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Very efficient and polite. Not sure on the weakness. Perhaps it would be nicer if they responded to messages in a more timely manner. Or at least try to be available immediately to converse with the patient.
The treatment and care felt very sincere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were very polite and professional. Not once did I feel like just a number. The care and patient they provided made me feel human.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
It was such a pleasure being Dr. Stein's patient. I felt like he really understood my unique I initially thought there was no hope in me getting pregnant again. But at the very last minute Dr. Daniel Stein came out to see me one more time in the waiting room and said let's try something different this time. That sudden encounter gave me the hope I needed to push through. And here I am now....writing this review with my daughter snuggly attached to me (via wrap) sleeping. I would highly recommend Dr. Stein to everybody....even my worse enemy (if I had one). condition and went above and beyond to help us get pregnant.
Trust Dr. Stein. And do not be afraid to ask questions. You have to be your own advocate.
I had previously had eggs retrieved from a different doctor. After two failed attempts we decided to go with another Dr. and that's when we met Dr. Stein. He performed transfer the first time with me an it resulted in a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
it was well oiled machine. The operation was very efficient.
The cost is obviously expensive. But the two loans we took out to finance our fertility goals made it well worth it.
My husband and I were eager to try transferring two embryos. Dr. Stein did not object initially....but he eventually expressed his concerns and advised the risk that involves multiple births We were disappointed and thought he knew best.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
The staff who drew my blood [at RMA of New York] were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed...Sometimes it feels like a factory, but they get you through the process and are caring and compassionate, especially if you reach out for support. Advocate for yourself, ask as many questions as you can think of, try to stay ahead of what's coming up for you and make sure you have what you need (meds ordered in time, etc.).
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes I felt like a number, when I wasn't sure if they were paying attention to my cycle and upcoming start dates and the needs attached to it (e.g. getting meds delivered around travel schedules). But overall, the nurses were very friendly and available - by email, phone, and in person. And when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla)
Nurses were all great. Sometimes it did feel like there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen and I wasn't sure who was paying attention to my upcoming cycles. But once my cycles were underway, all was smooth and nurses responded very quickly to all of my questions and concerns (even the insane ones).
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman brings all of his experience and expertise to helping you get what you want. Sometimes I had to ask him to be more forthcoming about his opinion, since the tendency can be to let you take charge, but he did this when asked, and ultimately helped me not waste time and get pregnant in less than 6 months! I felt especially attended to during my FET cycle and during the weekly visits with him after my positive pregnancy test. He confidently told me everything looked perfect as we went along. I felt reassured and like I was in great hands. By the end I was so comfortable, that it was hard to leave and switch to an OB.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask for what you need, while trusting you are in expert hands.
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized. However only one embryo survived a week of growth to be PGS tested and frozen. Luckily it was normal, and this was the embryo that was transferred two cycles later and stuck. I did two IUI cycles before IVF. Each was with Letrozole and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Once I got used to it, it was easy. I knew the latest I could show up in the morning (I'm not a morning person), and when I would usually be done by. The staff who drew my blood were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed.
For my egg freezing cycles, insurance covered about half of the costs by covering almost all meds, ultrasounds, and testing. So I paid about $10,000 total for two cycles. My final IUI and IVF costs have yet to be fully sorted out, but I think insurance is covering it. I paid copays of $20 or $40 for many but not all visits. I had one visit with Dr. Copperman where he was out of network with my insurance at the time and I paid $100 for an office visit.
My doctor only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples.
NY - Eastside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.

2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[RMA of NY-Downtown's] Strengths: Staff are very prompt in responding to questions via email or phone. Weaknesses: Lack of coordination and multiple follow up emails/calls needed for the same question. Not always supportive/compassionate.... Most of my monitoring is done remotely as I live of out state, however when I have gone to appointments at RMA the offices are always clean and staff are friendly. The Manhattan – Eastside office is particularly busy and can be a bit overwhelming during monitoring hours but their process is very efficient which helps.
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Dr. Davis clearly explains all of our treatment options and makes time to answer all of our questions. He is kind and approachable and seems to truly care about about the outcome of our treatment.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Dr Davis has an excellent bedside manner and does a great job thoroughly explaining different methods and approaches to treatment. He is very prompt in responding to emails and addresses any concerns. Communicating with Dr. Davis feels like a dialogue between two equal partners instead of a one-sided conversation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
You are your best advocate. Speak up if you have questions/concerns and educate yourself on your treatment options.
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
freeze all - antagonist protocol with birth control bills
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most of my monitoring is done remotely, but when I have gone to monitoring hours it's been at the Manhattan – Eastside office which is quite busy. That being said they are very efficient and if you get there early you can get in and out rather quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
Insurance did not cover any of my treatment. Both freeze-all cycles were approx. $15K + $2-4K for medications. Transfers were approx. $2,500 + medications.
Describe Joseph Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Davis was a strong advocate for transferring a single embryo for all of our transfer cycles. Given my age there wasn't a real reason to transfer multiple embryos and the risk associated with multiples was not one we felt we needed to take at this point.
Joseph Davis
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
While there was some lapses in communication [from the nurses at RMA of New York], overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful...didn't get the 5 day results at one point because they were waiting to see what happened on day 6 and 7 and no one informed me. That round did not go well and I had to call to find out at the end of day 7 because I had not heard anything.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Brooklyn office is warm, faster, and generally smaller - making it a more ideal location. The main office on Madision Ave of RMA is a giant cog machine that routes people through as numbers not faces and it is a factory.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
While the clinic is definitely a 'by the number' clinic - Dr. Lekovich herself was warm, interested, and responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa)
While there was some lapses in communication, overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
The doctor's strength and weaknesses cannot be conflated with the weaknesses of the clinic. The Doctor checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Email is a good way to get ahold of her - the nurse can always connect you as well. She is forthright and will not sugar coat it - but does it warmly and with compassion.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I used Gonal F, Menopure and Cetrocide towards the end of the retrieval. I was also on Lovonox 60mg to prevent blood clots due to Factor 5. I can try to look back and provide more information but it was approx 2 menopure vials at night, 300mg gonal f in the mornings and that increased towards the end.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was morningtime before work. I was lucky enough to live walkable to the location. The phlebotomist at this location was the BEST - pain free, didn't leave marks, always quick. It took longer for the ultrasounds depending on what time you arrived, but never TOO long. The weekend hours were at the Madision Avenue location were a cluster and cattle call. Jam packed, call out your name large system. It was disappointing there were no hours at the BK location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
This is tricky, insurance initially denied. So the costs of that were 15,000 for the first round of retrieval. 6,000 for PGD/PGS. But then that got discounted because I did not do transfer, so the second round cost less. With insurance finally being fought and won. The PGD was not covered, but the co-insurance was only 1,500 per retrieval round. So for three rounds 4,500.
Jovana Lekovich
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The systems and daily operations are very straight forward and easy to navigate. I am an RMA west side patient. However, procedures bad weekend monitoring is done at the east side location. It's very busy!. Staff is always willing to help. Finance, check in, phone calls, after hours service. All very easy to navigate.... [Nurse] AMAZING! Very patient, compassionate, caring. They took the time to answer my questions, no matter how many times I asked.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Most of my contact had been with the nurses, who are amazing. Most of them very knowledgeable and patient. Take the time to answer my questions and call the same day. My contact with Dr. Stein has been much less. I expected to be more in direct contact with him throughout the process, however, the option of scheduling phone or in person appt is always open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tova for IVF. Eliza--RN)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff. All very nice. I appreciate that he is available via phone or in person relatively easy.
Come prepared with questions and push for more details. I am someone who needs to know understand every bit of the process. Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hours are 7-8:30 at West Side office. It's a much smaller office than the East side, so it feel more intimate. Technicians are very efficient and quick. It's a well run operation. If you go only for bloodwork, it's pretty quick. If you also have ultrasound it's a bit more time but not too much more.
Approx: $7000 for each IVF cycle, including insurance co-pays, ICSI, PGS, meds.
NY - Westside

[RMA of New York] is a big place that takes insurance. The coordinator who I worked with was very attentive and helpful. But the size and cookie-cutter nature make this clinic a poor place for older women with egg quality issues...There was no preparation of my body for the IVF, no estrogen patch. In fact, my FSH was very high during the cycle. So high that I told the nurse this seems wrong, but they insisted everything was fine.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a big place that takes insurance. The coordinator who I worked with was very attentive and helpful. But the size and cookie-cutter nature make this clinic a poor place for older women with egg quality issues.
Dr. Sandler met with me ahead of the IVF and he had reviewed my file. During the cycle, I never saw him nor spoke to him. After a failed IVF, I had to make an appointment and waited two weeks to see him. There was little communication.
I had to call continually because nurses often failed to respond before 3pm. Which is stressful if you're doing an IVF the first time. They offered little information. In fact, my FSH was very high during the cycle. I told the nurse it seemed wrong and she dismissed my concerns. There was little personal attention.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I came with questions and he answered all of them. But I had very little interaction with Dr Sandler - except for my first consultation and retrieval. He seemed to have little time for me and didn't answer my questions. I went to him because an acquaintance recommended him, but I would not have chosen him on my own - I should have listened to my gut.
Don't go to him if you're older and have poor egg quality. He is of the philosophy that the more medicine, the better.
It was very cookie cutter Gonal F and Menopur, with higher and higher doses as my body didn't react well. There was no preparation of my body for the IVF, no estrogen patch. In fact, my FSH was very high during the cycle. So high that I told the nurse this seems wrong, but they insisted everything was fine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call line, but I rarely waited more than 15 minutes. I was one of the first to enter, though.
My insurance covered most of the costs, except for a small co-pay.
NY - Eastside

They [RMA of NY-Eastside] are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
I expected to see a different doctor every time I went to the office based on the review that I saw. I did see a few others, but Dr Copperman did my IUI, and saw me for 1-2 monitoring appointments as well as my last visit during which I was discharged. The nurses and staff are so friendly - Leyla and Jordyn (his nurses) are always available over email - they are friendly, informative and their responses are personalized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla, Jordyn)
Leyla and Jordyn were awesome! I think they both sensed how nervous I was so they always called w/ my results within a few hours of my morning visits. I often wrote them emails with questions about my results or symptoms I was experiencing, and they both wrote back immediately everything - they were very helpful and reassuring. Both were a really calming influence and amazing resource during my time at RMA.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman was extremely warm and understanding when I met with him during my initial consult. He was happy to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. He was realistic but not an alarmist. He also understood my mental and emotional state. I had come to him after my second chemical pregnancy in the 10 months I had been trying. He didn't initially propose the most aggressive course of treatment, but set my expectations as to when I should pursue those options. He did my IUI, and saw me during what was apparently a more critical monitoring session, and then was there to discharge me on my last visit.
Come in prepared to ask questions! He is really smart and moves quickly, but if you have questions, he is really patient, thorough and informative. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door.
I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
Including the frozen sperm, the IUI cost less than $1000. Each visit with bloodwork and an ultrasound would be about $40 after insurance.

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
I think the clinic [RMA of New York] is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job...Julia, the coordinator was great. Always available and an excellent main point of contact for questions or to reach out to other members of the team. Erin and Martha are two of Dr. Lederman's nurses and they were always kind, answered any questions and gave you a call with your lab results and medication instructions.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinic is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job.
Dr. Lederman made me feel like a person and less like a number, considering the amount of patients he sees. He has excellent beside manner and answered all of my questions to ensure I understood my options, the treatment and the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin and Martha)
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman explained my options and tried to give me the pros/cons for each based on my health history and age. He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I would say, do some research before going to the first appointment so you can ask all the questions you may have. Also, note that you may not see him during monitoring since the doctors rotate days to perform monitoring and retrieval but he is available if needed through the process.
Based on my personal health and situation, it was decided to do IVF with freeze all cycle. I have some eggs frozen for future use and then added two cycles to fertilize the eggs and transfer embryos. I had two cycles and after having three healthy embryos (after performing PGS testing), I got pregnant after the first transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The system worked and it was pretty quick. Only on weekends when everyone needs to go to one clinic located on the East side the wait would be a little longer but never more than 20-30 minutes.
Egg freezing was out of pocket but the IVF cycles were covered by insurance and I was responsible for the regular copayments.
Based on my age, it was not recommended to have more than one embryo transferred. I believe it is RMA's policy to transfer only one embryo which I agree to, multiples can result in a high risk pregnancy and my age already pushes me towards that.
NY - Westside

My care coordinator Nicole [at RMA of New York] was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous...Monitoring hours are in the morning. However, it runs very smoothly and I was never sitting around waiting for more than 20 to 30 minutes...and those waits were usually on the weekend. On weekdays, I hardly waited at all and could go to monitoring and still be on time for work.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - thorough, efficient, multiple locations, everyone works together, very clear financial information Weaknesses - everything is done at the Madison Avenue location on weekends and it can be very busy with a bit of a wait
Always addressed by name. Always saw a doctor during my visits. Emails and phone calls addressed rapidly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
My care coordinator Nicole was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is not the most "warm and fuzzy", but he is very compassionate and very direct. It is obvious that he cares about every patient that walks into his office. He is efficient and he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've met. He diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe.
He is very direct...if that is off-putting, you may want to reconsider. I loved his blunt approach and his honesty. He also has a great sense of humor.
1. He diagnosed me with PCOS (first time anyone said this to me fyi) and put me on metformin to improve my egg quality and my response to my drugs. 2. He said that my ovaries were very responsive and used lower doses of stimulation drugs for my IVF so I'd be more comfortable would have fewer side effects. 3. He set me up with a nutritionist so that I could lose weight and learn how to eat better for a person with PCOS (and I lost 60 pounds!). 4. He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My costs were predominantly covered by our insurance. However, we spent approximately $700 to $800 in lab fee copays and office copays and our medications cost us roughly $2000 to $3000.
Dr. Stein ONLY does single embryo transfers. We discussed the trade-offs and I was comfortable given my age and the higher risks of complications and pre-term labor with multiples.

4 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
RMA is a factory, simply put. This isn’t entirely bad, as they seem to know what they are doing (for the most part) - but you will not be treated as an individual really in any way...you won’t get personalized care and you MUST stay on top of your own treatment and be your own advocate. There were multiple oversights in terms of my care and I was tested for things (that could have negatively impacted treatment success and turns out I had) only because I insisted on doing so.
4 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a factory - again, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it does mean you won’t get personalized care and you MUST stay on top of your own treatment and be your own advocate. There were multiple oversights in terms of my care and I was tested for things (that could have negatively impacted treatment success and turns out I had) only because I insisted on doing so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara)
As is the case with large practices, nurse staff quality ranges. We’ve had some very positive interactions and help from nurses, and then some major major oversights and multiple miscommunications in terms of medication instructions that we had to catch ourselves.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is very knowledgeable in the field and seems to be on top of trends in the industry. In terms of personality, he is very robotic and difficult to engage. Over the course of treatment (including 3 transfers), he was seen only for the first.
Dr. Copperman is exceedingly more of a researcher than a warm and caring doctor. If you want warmth, compassion and a relationship, I’d go elsewhere.
Treatment protocols for egg retrievals were never changed or personalized, despite diminishing number of eggs retrieved each cycle as age increased. Dr. Copperman also would not consider natural cycle for FET.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were typically smoothly run. They could get be crowded depending on the day, but most of all it was as positive an experience as possible.
IVF was not covered by insurance so costs were high - around $20,000 for egg retrivel and $4,000 for FET.

2014 - 2018
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours [at RMA-West Side]. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Dr. Stein was always honest about what to expect. This was helpful especially during the times when things did not go as I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that I could email Dr. Stein at any point with any question and he would answer promptly. I was a worrier throughout the process and he definitely eased my mind on multiple occasions. This is not an easy process for anyone but I always felt that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein knew exactly how to achieve the best possible result given my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza was great. She guided me through every treatment. He attitude was always so positive and she always seemed like she was happy to see me and genuinely wished me well. The coordinators are good but not great. The main reason is that they are not as organized as some of the other staff. You really have to be on top of them to ensure that you get the right medication and everything is received timely.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I was treated by Dr. Stein in 2014/2015 and then again in 2017/2018. He was recommended to me by my ObGyn who is absolutely fantastic. Throughout the treatment I felt very confident that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein will achieve the best possible outcome. He was always honest with me and, most importantly, was available to answer any questions via email.
Focus on what's important which is being treated by a knowledgeable doctor who has a wealth of experience and knows what he is doing.
We started with IUI. I got pregnant on the second try but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. We tried two more IUIs and then switched to IVF. The first egg retrieval was not successful as only 1 embryo survived and it did not pass the genetic testing. The second try was successful and we ended up with 3 healthy embryos. We did 3 transfers. 1 resulted in our beautiful son. The second resulted in a miscarriage. And the third one resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Due date is in September 2018.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are every day from 7am until 8:30am (plus minus 30 minutes as I do not remember exactly). The later you come the more people are waiting. For the most part, the wait was not long. If you arrive early then there might not even be a wait.
Most of the treatments were covered by my insurance. However, the genetic testing was out of pocket.
I am not exactly sure if there is a preference but all of my transfers were single embryo transfers and we never really discussed it to be anything else.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
this is a very large practice [RMA] and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient...once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal... it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours...Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You should be aware that this is a very large practice and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient. However, a crowded waiting room does not mean that you are part of a conveyor belt, once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal. A large practice gives many pluses and minuses, and you should think about what you are comfortable.
Dr Flisser is a very kind, very warm man who really cared when speaking to us and always took as much time as was necessary to explain his thoughts on our treatment and why we were doing what we were doing.
Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate. (We had a different financial coordinator). Olga was not in charge of the day to day blood testing, that was Chrisi, who was always fantastic.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors. The group seems to help set the overall standards of what is considered appropriate treatments and Flisser must work within those standards. He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
Speak as much as possible, the more he knows the better he is able to treat you. Be an active participant in your medical care.
We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical. The cycles all started with differing levels of Follistim and Menopur, followed by Ganirelix. We shifted from a Lupron trigger to a larger HCG trigger as our treatments progressed. We went in to the Garden City office for monitoring (blood and sono) during weekdays (we needed to run to the main Manhattan office on weekends). We would do a retrieval in Manhattan, followed by a fresh transfer on Day 5 (RMA only offers Day 5 transfers) and we always forewent PGS genetic testing. Our second cycle did produce a positive pregnancy result, but only lasted seven weeks until a miscarriage occurred. As we progressed in our cycles, we also decided to explore other, complimentary, options to our medical treatment. These ranged from added vitamins and antioxidants to thrice weekly acupuncture to more experimental methods involving immune-therapy. Dr Flisser was mostly receptive to our concerns, but did tell us when he thought these alternative methods would interfere with our regular regimen.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is a large practice and it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours. However, my wife and I had a great deal of flexibility in our morning schedules, which allowed us to handle the monitoring quite easily, your results may vary.
The costs were considerable, but we were fortunate enough to have very good insurance and our insurance company classified this place as a "center of excellence" which offered it's own significant advantages. We also had a finance coordinator who took care of our billing for us.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
In general, Dr Flisser is open to lots of different approaches, but does work from the overall statistics about what works best for the most people. This is a great overall approach, but may not work for everyone by definition, so it is important to be active in your own care.
NY - Eastside

RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm which is nice because you don't always get to do procedures with your doctor.... There were a few nurses that worked with Dr Copperman that would connect with you re results or directions for special procedures. They were all very upbeat, positive, warm, and excellent communicators. I really enjoy speaking with them. The rest of the nursing staff that took your blood is also very warm, efficient at taking your blood quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm which is nice because you don't always get to do procedures with your doctor. It is also great that they call you with results / directions and then email them as well so you don't have to be worried if you didn't catch everything.
RMA is very effecient and is able to see alot of patients at same time. Some of the nurses that you get to know are quite generous and warm and then you feel like a human. However, you rarely speak with your doctor unless you catch him during monitoring hours - so that makes you feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordan)
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an exceptional doctor and knows what he is doing. I trust hime with my medical care and although it has taken us awhile he is always ready to keep trying. However, he is not warm and fuzzy and this has been hard for us at times when we needed a bit of encouragement. He is very much a scientist reflecting on data and analysis to determine best course of treatment. I can't complain because we have so far gotten the results we wanted. So his system must work. It can also be hard to get an appt with him as he is VERY busy so sometimes it seems that you speak via the nurses to him versus hearing your plan straight from your doctor. RMA is a bit of a factory but it is convenient with quick monitoring hours available all over the city. And I have found the other doctors at RMA that I have seen during monitoring, egg retrieval, and FET transfer to be overwhelming competent and warm.
Ask a lot of questions so that you feel informed of what the next steps are. Dr Copperman has alot of statistics and that helped me make decisions as to do IUI or IVF. In that way he is super helpful on what success rate of each procedure is.
Egg retrievals worked best for me when I took birth control pill for 1 month and then started menopur, follistum, and lupron. For FET I was on estradial pills, vaginal e-ring, and estrogen patch, and progesterone in oil via injection.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was a well oiled machine. If we got there early enough it didn't ruin our day. And since there are locations all over the city it felt quite easy. And then we would treat ourselves for a nice breakfast before work.
About $13000 per egg retrieval / $3500 for FET transfer. $2000 PGSD for testing
Dr Copperman would only transfer 1 embryo. He said statistically 1 embryo transfer is more successful and is safer for baby and mother. We went in originally wanting to transfer two embryos so we were a bit disappointed to hear he would only transfer one. However, we only have a few embryos so I think this route is much better for us health wise and strategically.
NY - Eastside

I am thrilled with Dr.Davis, his receptionist, nurse, and all of the staff [at RMA of NY] who draw blood during monitoring hours. These are the people I see most often on my visits. I have not been as happy with the coordinators, but I deal with them a lot less... Including meds I think I paid around 850-900 per IUI cycle. Including meds, ICSI & PGS testing I expect to pay somewhere around 32K for my upcoming IVF cycle
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am thrilled with Dr.Davis, his receptionist, nurse, and all of the staff who draw blood during monitoring hours. These are the people I see most often on my visits. I have not been as happy with the coordinators, but I deal with them a lot less.
I feel doctor Davis cares deeply about my case, but he is not the type of doctor to get extremely personal or send follow up texts after a failed cycle. He is very straight forward and matter of fact. For me it works, because it gives me great confidence in him. He has a warm personality and has never made a consultation feel rushed.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
I am very happy with the care I have received from doctor Davis. For me he is a great fit. I have a lot of questions and he answers them thoughtfully and thoroughly. During my procedures I have always felt I was in the most capable hands. I only once felt unsatisfied. I was prescribed a medication before a procedure that had pretty bad side effects (extreme cramping and a lot of bleeding). I was not told about the side effects by my doctor, nurse, or pharmacy. I am assuming Dr. Davis thought I would be told about the side effects by the nurse, or that they would atleast be included in the booklet that comes with the medication. It was very upsetting at the time, but I don't even know who is to blame. That is my only negative experience thus far, and I believe it was an honest mistake.
Dr Davis is a wonderful doctor with a great personality. At times I feel like a number, but that is due to the high number of patients that visit his office. There are only 2 doctors at his location, and at times there are a 10 or more patients in the waiting room during monitoring hours. I think that is just a testament to what a good practice it is, and it does not hinder me in any way from going there. I believe I am receiving the best care at RMA. I think if you want to be educated about your care by a doctor that you like as a person, than Dr. Davis is a good fit for you.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Davis, both with clomid and ovidrel. I did not have success with either cycle, but I was fully educated about my likelyhood of a pregnancy before proceeding. I intended on doing a third IUI, but the doctor saw a uterine polyp on my last ultrasound that needs to be removed. I am turning 37 and feel I don't want to delay any longer, so I will do an egg retrieval this month, remove the polyp the following month, and then do a frozen transfer after I recover from the polyp surgery.
Joseph Davis
NY - Downtown

RMA is run efficiently . There are several locations in Manhattan , Brooklyn and Westchester so it’s convenient for people in various locations in the city . However the monitoring hours should be a bit more flexible . The strict monitoring hours makes it difficult to rearrange your schedule depending on the type of job you have .... The antagonist protocal was used for my treatment . I used Gonal F, Menopur , Cetrotide along with trigger shots Lupton and Oviidrel. The idea was to increase the amount of eggs for a successful cycle . It worked ! Just hoping that a healthy embryo will be the result .
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich was friendly and answered questions that I had regarding my care .
Warm , compassionate and caring are some words that come to mind when thinking of the nursing staff . I was told at the last minute that I needed another medication exhausted od my bloodwork and I was panicking because I didn’t k ow how I’d get it in such a short space of time . Unfortunately , I don’t recall her name but she ended up giving me the medication and tried to calm me down . I was so appreciative of the kind gesture that was shown to me .
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich was able to answer questions that I had in a kind and professional way . I love that she seems to know her patients by name even when she’s not in the examining room . My only gripe would be that she doesn’t answer emails when it’s sent . I ended up asking my question in person but it works have been nice to get a reply via email .
Have your questions ready to ask her . She is very quick to answer questions .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were a pain because of my work schedule . I wished that the monitoring hours were more flexible .
My insurance covered some of my costs . The outstanding costs were mostly the ICSI ,PGS anesthesia and genetic testing .
Jovana Lekovich
Brooklyn

When you enter RMA , the clinic seems to be run like a well oiled machine . Everyone is seen efficiently and that’s wonderful when you are in a rush to go to work at then end of your appointment. However with that being said , it feels like a factory with a lack of compassion from the doctors responsible for your care . Return callls from the nurses take place within a few hours or by the end of the day . There are so many doctors on staff so getting in touch with your doctor may be difficult . My wish would be for a direct line to your doctor’s officers prevent going through the message answering protocol .
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was friendly and answered questions related to my procedure . However , our sessions did feel rushed.
When I had to meet with the nursing staff to discuss medication or had additional questions related to treatment the ladies were very compassionate and patient . They empathized with my situation and made attempts to keep me calm .
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She recently moved
Describe the protocols Rashmi Kudesia used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I completed three rounds of IUI because my insurance didn’t allow for IVF until I had three rounds of the IUI. No pregnancy resulted from the IUI. Dr. Kudesia then started the IVF cycle but unfortunately had to move towards the end of my treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring occurred very early in the morning . There was no flexibility which made it stressful and difficult to arrange times with work and getting to the appointment on time . I would prefer if they had afternoon hours to accommodate people with a different time schedule .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.
Thankfully my IUI was covered with my insurance . my insurance paid for some of the cost associated with the IVF. I was responsible for paying my co insurance , medication , anesthesia , ICSI and PGS testing .The medical coordinator was good at informing me when payment was due. After insurance , the cost for the above was around $9,000.
Rashmi Kudesia
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
RMA is a baby factor. It is often highly difficult to get someone on the phone, and even harder to get a call back. While my doctor [Dr. Flisser] treated me as an individual, the clinic absolutely makes you feel like an impersonal number. It can be very frustrating and upsetting not to feel valued....I have dealt with many nurses who have all been helpful to varying degrees. Courtney, my IVF coordinator, has been absolutely wonderful and accessible.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a baby factor. It is often highly difficult to get someone on the phone, and even harder to get a call back. While my doctor treated me as an individual, the clinic absolutely makes you feel like an impersonal number. It can be very frustrating and upsetting not to feel valued. Specifically regarding the Long Island office, I have always had a pleasant experience.
Dr. Flisser always makes me feel like I have his full attention both when I’m in his office talking or while undergoing treatment. Although the office is hectic and the office staff are often difficult to reach, Dr. Flisser always returns phone calls and provides his full attention. He is compassionate and informative, always making sure that my husband and I have full understanding of all of our treatment options before leaving his office. Although I have not yet gotten my positive test, I am confident that Dr. Flisser will get us there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is an asset to the RMA community. He is a kind, caring, and well informed doctor who has helped me to navigate through an awful and emotional process in a compassionate and meaningful manner. Although he did not personally perform each of my IUIs, he was always involved with the treatment protocol. During a particularly difficult time for me, Dr. Flisser sat on the phone with me for 45 minutes reassuring me and helping me to understand what was going to happen. As I’m about to begin my ivf journey, I am absolutely confident in Dr. flisser’s abilities to get me my desired outcome.
Be a partner in your care; ask questions and be informed about your care.
Due to my diagnosis of PCOS and hypothyroidism, I was prescribed Clomid, ovidrel, and endometrin for my IUis. Going forward, I will be doing IVF with ICSI. I’m unsure of the specific protocol being used at this time.
IUI was covered by insurance, IVF will cost approximately 16,000.
Dr. Flisser does recommend eSET and while I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, I understand his rationale.
Long Island

The organisation at the clinic [RMA] is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off...$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo...having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinical strength of the team and also having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Direct but honest and caring
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire)
The organisation at the clinic is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Very knowledge and I felt 100% confident in his abilities. He is very fixed on his way which seems to work. He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
Talk about the risks of multiple cycles to your body? Having had 8 cycles I do worry that I'd doing long term damage to myself. Also PGS - is it really really worth it? What if you're throwing away good embryos - what is the risk of that?
Antagonist for 2 cycles. I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient but it is a cattle call and horrible on the weekend when everyone decends on this clinic. I hated that
$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo which is very reasonable)
1 as we only had 1 at this clinic so wasn't an option to transfer more

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Most times the wait [at RMA of New York] wasn’t long but a few times could take over an hour...We were a bit unhappy with the way the billing department handled our second round of IVF treatment. We explained we were waiting on approval of the loan (by the credit agency referred to us by RMA) and they threatened to suspend our cycle if we didn’t make the payment even though we had gone through one cycle already paying in full. Other than that, it was a pleasant experience, I just felt that was a little extreme given the already existing stress caused by going through IVF in the first place.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Great clinic with amazing doctors and staff. We were a bit unhappy with the way the billing department handled our second round of IVF treatment. We explained we were waiting on approval of the loan (by the credit agency referred to us by RMA) and they threatened to suspend our cycle if we didn’t make the payment even though we had gone through one cycle already paying in full. Other than that, it was a pleasant experience, I just felt that was a little extreme given the already existing stress caused by going through IVF in the first place.
She was compassionate and caring.
Most of the nurses were compassionate and attentive but there was one who was not as compassionate as I would have hoped. She seemed almost like a robot and like she was annoyed at the questions I was asking. I was nervous after the transfer because of some cramping. She was very matter of fact in her advice.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Nothing but positive things to say about RMA, especially Dr. Thornton who is an amazing, smart, and compassionate person and doctor. After a miscarriage 2 years ago and difficulty getting pregnant after that, we made an appointment with RMA and Dr. Thornton. It was a long and winding road that ultimately ended in success. On 6/10/19 I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, little miracle baby girl. I owe an enormous thank you to RMA and Dr. Thornton.
I would say she is dependable, accessible and an amazing doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most times the wait wasn’t long but a few times could take over an hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York.
It was expensive but it is what it is.
Kim L. Thornton
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Even with the sheer number of patients that came into the clinic, Dr Mukherjee and his staff [at RMA of New York] each called to check up on me after my miscarriage. They were always hopeful and positive that they would get and keep us pregnant and told us that repeatedly. If I had questions or concerns I always got a call back. They took every concern seriously and always explained procedures, drugs, etc.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very efficient. Its probably not the environment for everyone. It’s in the city so sometimes morning bloodwork was packed and it felt like a cattle call - but staff was always helpful, polite and kind. Not everyone taking blood is good at it, but there are a few rock stars that can get blood from the worst of arms.
Even with the sheer number of patients that came into the clinic, Dr Mukherjee and his staff each called to check up on me after my miscarriage. They were always hopeful and positive that they would get and keep us pregnant and told us that repeatedly. If I had questions or concerns I always got a call back. They took every concern seriously and always explained procedures, drugs, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Every member of the nursing team was kind and compassionate. They always made sure we had the information we needed (test results, next steps, medications, etc) and were quick to return phone calls about any questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr Mukherjee is clearly a knowledgeable doctor and knows his field. He always took the time to answer any questions either my husband or I had. Even though he was busy in the OR when I came to confirm my miscarriage he made sure that as soon as he was out, he called and spoke with me to make sure I was ok and to reassure me that he would get us pregnant. He was always calm, kind, compassionate and reassuring about the stress we were under during this process.
Don’t feel like you are burdening him with questions or concerns - voice them. He will never make you feel like you are a burden and will listen and take what you are saying seriously and into consideration.
Our tests were all “normal” so he explained that we fell into the “unexplained infertility” category. As a result, we were required to do a certain number of rounds of IUI before we were eligible for IVF (by our insurance, not clinic policy). 1st IUI was successful, but resulted in miscarriage at 9 weeks. He didn’t make us wait after that to try again. The next few cycles of IUI were not successful. Then we talked about IVF. We did one egg retrieval where they monitored me very closely to see how many eggs I was producing to determine when to retrieve. Only had to do one retrieval cycle - 23 eggs, resulting in 7 viable embryos. We were kept up to date every step of the way while the eggs were being fertilized, genetically tested and maturing. Round 1 embryo transfer - one embryo transferred. Unsuccessful. He told us outright he will not transfer multiple embryos because it was not worth the medical risk. Round 2 embryo transfer - one transferred. Successful. Monitored me weekly until after week 9 then released me into the care of my OB
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some days it was packed but they always moved through it as quickly and efficiently as they could. Most of all I appreciated the professionalism of the staff, including receptionists - they would take the brunt of it when it was packed with grace.
Very little because our insurance covered a large sum.
He will not do multiple embryo transfer. He stated to us that it was taking an unnecessary risk. It was ok for us because I agreed with him and only wanted singles transferred
NY - Eastside

There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff [RMA of New York] is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful. ... All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: The know what they’re doing. There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. She answered all my questions and never made me feel like I holding her up or that she was annoyed when I had a million and one questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Dr. Thorntons whole team was awesome. Clarissa did all the paperwork and was very organized and on top of her stuff. Kayla did fiances and really knew her stuff. We were self pay, and she helped us figure out of there was any way to cut some costs or make it a little lighter. Melissa is the IVF nurse and not only called with all my protocol, but would also immediately follow up with an email. When I got pregnant, I experienced a lot of spotting. Melissa was awesome about answering me by email or phone, and made sure all my neurotic questions were answered and me and baby were safe.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I honestly really loved Dr. Thornton. At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo. We had a particularly hard IVF cycle (8 of our 10 embryos didn’t make it after Day 4) and when I totally lost it sobbing in her office, she was so sweet and hopeful that those two embryos were all we needed. She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Definitely only see her at the Downtown office, it’s so much calmer and more pleasant. She goes back and forth between it and RMA East, but RMA East is SO much busier.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better. RMA downtown is a smaller practice so much better wait time and smoother experience. RMA East is their main office and incredibly busy. They definitely see pts who are bloodwork/ultrasound before those who are just bloodwork.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
We were self pay. Only thing insurance helped with was medications (which is a huge help). IUI: about $1, 500 a cycle IVF: about $16, 000 Pregnancy monitoring: about $3, 000 PSG: $150 to do it, than $150 an egg Genetic testing: $350/person Freezing costs: $1000/year
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
As a 27 year old, she was only going to do single transfers until I had had 3 transfers that didn’t take. She does allow older women to transfer 2 earlier than that.
Kimberley Thornton
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.

RMA is an excellent fertility clinic. The structure at RMA is very efficient and effective, which works great for my busy schedule. ... Everyone at RMA including other doctors, nurses, medical assistants, financial coordinator, IVF coordinator, and receptionists are pleasant to work with. ... They [monitoring appointments] are a well oiled machine. ... Everyone at RMA is always respectful, nice, caring, and happy to answer all my questions (I have many).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is an excellent fertility clinic. The structure at RMA is very efficient and effective, which works great for my busy schedule. I went to three different offices for monitoring and the services from these offices are consistent. These offices are always clean and comfortable.
Dr Stein and all the staff at RMA always greets me with a smile. They strive and go above and beyond to make sure all their patients are comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Everyone at RMA including other doctors, nurses, medical assistants, financial coordinator, IVF coordinator, and receptionists are pleasant to work with. RMA is an excellent fertility clinic. Everyone at RMA is always respectful, nice, caring, and happy to answer all my questions (I have many). The structure at RMA is very efficient and effective, which works great for my busy schedule. I went to three different offices for monitoring and the services from these offices are consistent.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My husband and I are so grateful for Dr Stein. Dr Stein is very experienced and personable. He is always respectful, nice, caring, and happy to answer all my questions (I have many). He is realistic but always shows hope for the best. He was there for the important parts: embryo transferred and pregnancy monitoring.
Trust Dr Stein and the entire staff at RMA. They are very professional and know what they are doing.
We tried IUI first for 5 cycles, I was able to get the IUI procedure for the first 3 cycles, but the next 2 cycles was all messed up, e.g. ovulated before the IUI. Then we went on to IVF, did two separate transferred, where the second transfer was successful and now I am 9 weeks pregnant. I feel I get the right medications as RMA closely monitoring my blood level.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The structure at RMA is very efficient and effective, which works great for my busy schedule. They are a well oiled machine.
So grateful that my health insurance covers all the procedures. I just had to pay co-pay for a few visits. I didn't need to pay anything for the many monitoring hours visits.
Yes, Dr Stein is very adamant about transferring one embryo at a time as he doesn't want to risk the patient with multiple births, which I completely understand and agree.
NY - Westside
Before my first IUI cycle [at RMA of New York], the nurse forgot to call in my Ovidrel...Also just recently a nurse informed me that I’ve been pre paying for all my Ovidrels. This was supposed to be covered by my insurance...There was no difference between any of my IUIs. One positive is that results came back quickly, same day if you made the monitoring hours. Expect to be stressed on making monitoring hours in the morning if you are working. I also would ask for a better communication on finances. My co pays were all over the place and there was no consistency on paying for procedures
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There needs to be a Better review after failed IUIs. There was no difference between any of my IUIs. One positive is that results came back quickly, same day if you made the monitoring hours. Expect to be stressed on making monitoring hours in the morning if you are working. I also would ask for a better communication on finances. My co pays were all over the place and there was no consistency on paying for procedures
As the IUIs continued, there was no explanation as to why they were not working. And we also did not adjust any “treatment” plans. No added tests, adding progesterone, etc. on my 4th IUI, I went into the city and as the nurse shut the door, she said, “IUI in room 5”. Felt like I was at a fast food restaurant
Sometimes I would see the nurse in Long Island. When i went for my ultrasounds she would just give me the size and saw i was ready. Even after a failed IUI, we never looked at weather or not the timing was off. One nurse in the NYC offive forgot to call in my first Ovidrel so I had to pay out of pocket for it. Also I found out I was pre paying for my trigger and it was supposed to be covered the whole time by my insurance
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr Mcavey is very nice, but never had adjusted my fertility treatments. We have all this “unexplained reasons” which seems to get everyone of the hook, while this is costing us a lot of money. I wouldn’t liked my one on one with her especially after a failed IUI
Take your time when she is in the room with you. Even if you have a failed IUI, press to see her or speak to the nurse for a better course of action on the next round.
The plan was pretty basic. Come In for montioring and blood test after cycle day 1. Would go back a week or so later for an ultrasound. Then trigger, then back for IUI. She ordered to see and endocrinologist and my TSH level is normal now. Now we have done 4 IUIs , taking this month off to save money for IVF next month.
4 IUIs $2,000 Genetic testing $400 Meds $300
NY - Eastside

I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse....Monitoring appointments at RMA of New York are well organized. I typically never waited longer than 15 minutes to be called and was typically always in and out within 45 minutes....It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of New York definitely has a system down. It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day. There was one doctor at RMA that I didn't particularly care for (his bedside manner was not a match for me) that did one of my IUI's, and I would never have actually chosen him to do it. At RMA, you are very limited when it comes to choice in that sense. I didn't even SEE the doctor who did my IVF egg retrieval. I was already under anesthesia before he even came into the room. Overall, I've had a good experience at RMA (despite my treatment failures).
Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone. At RMA, it's easy to feel like a number, because there are so many women being treated there every day. Even when I felt like "just a number" on my monitoring days, Dr. McAvey never made me feel that way during any of our interactions.
The nurses at RMA of New York ranged from pretty nice to very nice. All of the questions I had throughout my IVF cycle were answered by the nurses vs. the doctors. Whenever I asked, they would sit down with me to walk me through the process and help me figure out my "medication ordering plan" (since I found the process of ordering the meds to be more stressful than actually taking them).
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. McAvey has been fine. Whenever we speak she is kind and hopeful. I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos. It was only then that she let me know about taking CoQ10 to improve egg quality and to pursue acupuncture (which I had pursued on my own and told RMA I was doing). If you have questions, Dr. McAvey will absolutely answer them, via email or phone. But it's really up to the patient to proactively ask (and research/figure out WHAT to ask). When we found out there would be no transfer cycle for us, Dr. McAvey was optimistic and encouraged us to try again as IVF is really just "a numbers game".
Do your own research and ask as many questions as you can at your initial consultation and all throughout the process. You have to be your own advocate.
3 cycles of IUI: five days of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot, IUI I cycle IVF (retrieval only, no normal embryos to transfer): Gonal F / Menopur / Cetrotide / Dual Trigger Lupron + hCG I was not given a rationale for following this protocol. I have a good ovarian reserve for my age, so based on this IVF cycle my issue appears to be egg quality.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My health insurance covered my IUIs in full and one cycle of IVF (up to $10,000), however it did not cover most of the expensive IVF medications. For my IVF retrieval cycle, out of pocket I paid ~$4,500 for my medications, $2,000 for the embryo biopsy, $750 for anesthesia, and $750 for PGS testing of 4 embryos plus all office co-pays ($40 each). Billing for my IVF egg retrieval procedure hasn't gone through my insurance yet, so I don't know if I will owe anything additional.
NY - Westside

All the staff at RMA and dr ledermans office are smart , warm and compassionate... I really like that RMA has a financial consultant to discuss all your financial options available and will answer all or any questions...Genuinely can't think of many or any weaknesses...You are in good hands ! And it's great that all the whiteplains, nyc and Long Island offices all work in conjunction with each other... I can contact him [Dr. Lederman] via email all the time with questions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Having worked with another clinic and doctor before I switched to RMA I. Genuinely can't think of many or any weaknesses - after my first APPT I told my friend and family that it was a totally different ( positive ) experience . You are in good hands ! And it's great that all the whiteplains, nyc and Long Island offices all work in conjunction with each other
I had seen a doctor before who I really didn't like her bedside manner for a variety of reasons so I went to de lederman instead. I feel so much better in his hands ! I can contact him via email all the time with questions , he is warm and understanding and gives his honest and professional opinion . He made me feel like I mattered and I'm not just a number walking into the office
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All the staff at RMA and dr ledermans office are smart , warm and compassionate
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I think dr lederman is very warm and honest , extremely smart and really dedicates himself to his patients . He can't make pregnancy happen but he always makes me leave feeling hopeful and positive . He cares and the thing I like most is that I can always directly email him with questions or concerns
You are in good hands with dr lederman- id say to remain positive and hopeful that the process no matter how long or disappointing or frustrating it may be will work
I used clomid with a previous doctor -50 mg didn't work - 100 did work but didn't result in pregnancy. Under the care of dr lederman I have taken letrozol twice and done the ovidrel shot twice and an IUI twice
It really depends on what your insurance covers- mine didn't cover IUI ($500+) or the ovidrel shot ($99) but thus far the sonograms and office visits and blood work were covered . I really like that RMA has a financial consultant to discuss all your financial options available and will answer all or any questions
Long Island

The upper east side location [of RMA] has many patients and the phlebotomy staff is large which keeps up with the demand for the daily blood draws and ultrasounds. I once did an IUI over a holiday weekend and there was even staff available then which was reassuring. I also used their facility in Brooklyn Heights which was more convenient for me but smaller. I appreciated that flexibility, when necessary and I always found everyone friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The upper east side location has many patients and the phlebotomy staff is large which keeps up with the demand for the daily blood draws and ultrasounds. I once did an IUI over a holiday weekend and there was even staff available then which was reassuring. I also used their facility in Brooklyn Heights which was more convenient for me but smaller. I appreciated that flexibility, when necessary and I always found everyone friendly and helpful.
Dr. Copperman and his whole team were really thoughtful and kind throughout the process. They were always available to answer questions or provide support over the phone, email or in person at the office. When I was feeling emotional during the process to getting pregnant, they were honest and caring. I was excited to send them newborn pictures when our baby was born and look forward to working with them again on baby #2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Jordyn was very helpful, responsive and knowledgable. I found working with her really wonderful.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
In the initial consultation and on follow-up conversations about next steps, Dr. Copperman was very helpful, informative and empathetic. I felt like he really cared about our outcomes and was confident in his expertise during the transfer process which we had to modify at the last minute, switching from one embryo to two. His reasoning was clear and I felt confident in our decisions together.
Ask any and all questions you have. If you feel strongly about one path or another, he's open to hearing that feedback.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some days the waiting room was busier than others but you could always tell that the support staff was moving through the patients as quickly as they could.
Dr. Copperman ordinarily is a very strong proponent of single embryo transfer but on my second transfer, the defrosting process didn't go as smoothly as expected and rather than cancel, they called me that morning to request thawing a second embryo. We did that and then decided to transfer both, which was very unusual for him, as his staff and he reiterated at our transfer. This transfer ended up in a positive pregnancy and a single baby so I'm glad we went this route.

2013 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I hated the fact that I had to go to the city for retrieval and transfer. But most people were warm and encouraging. They got you in and out quickly, but sometimes you had to wait for the person ahead of you to be done. ... IT [monitoring] was well oiled machine. Never a line. ALways took them on a first come first serve basis. ... She [nurse] was good. Always called me back. But she was busy so hard to get in contact with.
2013 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I hated the fact that I had to go to the city for retrieval and transfer. But most people were warm and encouraging. They got you in and out quickly, but sometimes you had to wait for the person ahead of you to be done. This is a trying time for everyone, it would be good if the staff could be a bit more encouraging and have more answers to questions.
Dr. Flisser is so warm. He made me feel important and had a great bedside manner. He was completely understanding of my situation and helped me understand my issue. He also took a lot of time with me during my visits and allowed me to ask as many questions as I could. He also took time to explain the process and his staff was very nice and accommodating too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga - long island office )
She was good. Always called me back. But she was busy so hard to get in contact with.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was always aware of everything that was going on with my cycle. He was super compassionate when I had a loss and gave me a great pep talk even though i didn't want to hear it. He was always willing to listen to me cry and always said something positive to try to make me feel better. He had an answer for everything. He's was my biggest cheerleader. Even though he didn't take my insurance, he still offered to complete the DNC after my MC when my OB wasn't available. For lack of a better phrase "i love him" and would recommend him to anyone and everyone. My first doctor couldn't compare. He was also stating that the Lab that his office worked with was much better than the one I had come from before, so he was able to somehow guarentee results even though it took 2 fresh cycles of IVF and 4 FETS to yield 2 healthy children. And he was also willing to work with me financially as the cost of 10 IVF cycles out of pocket could be super costly.
Make sure you take control of your body and allow him or his staff to explain everything to you. Do not take "NO" for an answer
After having failed 4 fresh cycles of IVF, i was familiar with protocol. He did his best to review my file from my other doctor and find out the best stim protocol to yield many babies. As it was a long time ago, I only remember being on Gonal F and Menopure. I can't tell you exactly how much But for Menopure I remember starting with 2 viles and then going up to 3. Their lab must have been great because I yielded 6 healthy embryos in 2 cycles which i never had before.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
IT was well oiled machine. Never a line. ALways took them on a first come first serve basis.
So my Full IVF Cycle was 13,750. And my frozen Cycle was 3350. The cost of PGS was 3,000 plus a 1600 lab fee. They are close estimations.
So, Dr. Flisser was extremely concerned about multiple births. Given my situation and my quality embryos he was adamant about only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He thought that carrying twins would not be an option for my situation and he fought me tooth and nail about transferring only one. He won! The only time we transferred 2 embryos was the very last transfer that i did with him and 1 of the embryos was not very good quality. He was pretty sure that , that one was not going to take. And he was right.
Long Island

It [RMA of New York] was a cattle call. Getting there really early was the best way to avoid a very long wait...The finance team has been nothing but rude and lacking in compassion this entire process...Appointments are never on time and trying to get through on the phone is just as stressful - you're guaranteed to listen to a lot of hold music...There's a real lack of care towards patients here that is felt especially when the news is bad.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a cattle call. Appointments are never on time and trying to get through on the phone is just as stressful - you're guaranteed to listen to a lot of hold music. They are also very shady about billing practices. My husband was going somewhere with Zika before an egg retrieval, so we had him freeze sperm in advance, just in case. When he returned, Zika-free, and we proceeded with the transfers with fresh sperm, we assumed the frozen sperm had been thrown out, since no one told us otherwise. Six months after we stopped going to RMA, we received a $500 bill for the storage of the sperm. We are still trying to untangle this mess, both in terms of paying the bill and also making sure they stop storing his sperm, and it's now been 8 months since we left the practice. The finance team has been nothing but rude and lacking in compassion this entire process.
RMA is a cattle call. The office is always packed and appointments never take place on time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
I was assigned a coordinator of Dr. Copperman. She was lovely and very helpful and communicative, but because I was never given contact info for Dr. Copperman, she was a poor substitute in the moments when I really needed to speak to my doctor. Also, the nursing team in general had terrible bedside manner. When all our embryos failed after an egg retrieval, a nurse left me a voicemail on a Saturday morning to inform me. When I called back, I was told she didn't think Dr. Copperman could speak to me until Monday. I only got a call back from Dr. Copperman after expressing the fact that that was an unacceptable response. There's a real lack of care towards patients here that is felt especially when the news is bad.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
My husband and I came to see Dr. Copperman because we had both tested as carriers for a genetic disease. In June, he told us we would be pregnant by Thanksgiving. We then went through two rounds of egg retrievals, neither of which resulted in any viable embryos to test for the genetic disease and freeze. His only change between round 1 and 2 was to bump up the hormones - no additional testing for any unknown factors that caused the issues. When the 2nd egg retrieval didn't work, he treated us like we were the problem and left me wondering if I had unknown fertility issues. We switched to another doctor and I'm now pregnant after one very successful round of IVF, with four frozen embryos to spare. So clearly, the problem wasn't with me. I recognize this is all a bit magic, a bit of a crapshoot, but to have my IVF doctor treat me like an annoyance for not performing the way he assumed I would is really the icing on the cake of an already extremely rough experience.
I would get a second opinion.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call. Getting there really early was the best way to avoid a very long wait.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
RMA seemed pretty organized and well run, most of appointments are on schedule. I wish they give me more clear answer on the state run grant's availability. I follow up many times on the status and I always get respond that they do not have a contract signed with the grant yet....I always get different nurse on each blood work result and call back. They are give clear instructions and answer my questions.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr. Beth McAvey is personal and warm. She is direct and reply to emails.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
As this is my first IVF, I wish Dr. McAvey explained to me which treatment is choose for me and educate me a little bit more on what to expect. I did most of my learning through reading and google online. I wish I have more options available to me for me to consider if the 1st treatment failed.
Educated yourself more on the IVF topic. I was abit overwhelmed and clueless.
Lupron protocol was used for me, don't know the rationale of why using Lupron. That was exactly my previous comments that I wish Dr. McAvey explained to me more on the treatment strategies. I didn't know how many protocols are available and options before my treatment. All the blood work seemed normal as progressed. As a result of this Protocol, 2 matured size, 2 mid size and 1 small one. Dr. MaAvey did push 1 more day before the trigger shot to give more time for the small one to grow. Result: 5 retried and only 1 inseminated. And the only 1 inseminated one didn't grow after few days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
the overall experience is good. 95% of time are pretty quick and standard. wish I get less bruise from the blood drawing. There are 2 nurses's technique are bite harsh.
3 times of IUI - $2,000 1 IVF - $20,000
I didn't get to that stage of process yet, so I don't have good and valuable comments on this topic that I can provide.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Strengths [of RMA] are efficiency...I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room...they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered...The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF...We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths are efficiency. I was VERY surprised for NYC and how busy they were that I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room, a lot better than my OB's office ! Also they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered. I also liked that I had a way to communicate with Dr. Kudesia over email. I found that very personal. The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF. In our case we do have to jump to IVF because of my age and my husbands sperm motility, and I just wished from day one they would have made him get tested.
I felt like a human because I could really tell she cared. I had a full term still birth in 2016, I was 39 weeks pregnant and I lost my son to an umbilical cord accident. When I started seeing her she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss.
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis. Considering I had been pregnant 3 times naturally before coming to the clinic, I think they just assumed his sperm was healthy. It wasn't until I personally had to enforce it did my husband get his sperm analysis and now here we are 8 months later still not pregnant, but found out that my husband has 0% motility. My 40th birthday is this year, and we will have to make a big decision about IVF. I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant and was chalking it up to unexplained infertility, and shouldn't have even allowed us to do IUI without him having a sperm analysis.
To make sure you ask every question you have, as she doesn't really give answers unless you come with questions.
First we tested my AMH and it was very good, and since I had been pregnant 3 times before we just did a non-medicated natural cycle that she monitored. I produced follicles on my own, ovulated according to the blood work, etc. Then when that didn't work she suggested we go right to IUI unmedicated and I did one unmedicated and it didn't work. Then we did one IUI cycle where I took 50mg of clomid, and then they gave me the trigger shot of ovidrel and that IUI also failed. Then I didn't have any more money for IUI's and my insurance covers NOTHING for fertility treatments. So then she decided to increase my dose of clomid to 100mg and then I gave myself the trigger at home, negative again. Then she increased me to 150mg clomid and I did the trigger shot again at home, negative. That following month she discovered a polyp on my uterus and I had read that was a side effect of clomid. On Feb, 14th 2017 I had the polyp surgically removed. Before we started trying again and while I was healing I had my husband go get his sperm analysis. Thats when we discovered his motility was 0%.
$75 per blood test $250 for monitoring, $1250 for IUI, $150 for sperm analysis, $125 for phone calls, $375 for in person meet ups. All in all I spent 10K in 2017.
Rashmi Kudesia
Brooklyn

RMA is a strong clinic and well organized. It is huge, and they do a good job of managing individual cases. They always return phone calls within the hour. It does feel like a bit of a factory given the size. They are also fairly conservative/traditional. They do not believe in immunology issues and are not particularly open/imaginative about understanding RPL. They are very evidence-based, which is not a bad thing, but I do wonder since other places are more open to experimental treatments!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There were so so many patients in and out of RMA - there would often be at least 20 other women in the waiting room while I was there. Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well (I had had a horrible miscarriage with gushing blood for 12 days, came to see him to make sure I wasn't hemorrhaging and he helped break up the clots, and then had no memory a short time later as to why I would be anemic. Also didn't seem to check my chart). I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza?)
Eliza is amazing!! There was another nurse too who comforted me when I cried about starting PIO. I wish I remember her name. Overall, the nurses are amazing there.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is smart, experienced and knows his stuff. He explains things well and is a realist - a described pessimist. I think he did a good job with our egg retrieval, as he was very exacting about my timing and when to trigger. We got good results from the retrieval (though a lot of that is because of my eggs). I found the transfer VERY uncomfortable (I am not a great gyno patient) and he was incredibly impatient and unsupportive in the moment. My transfer took, but then I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, exactly the same time I had miscarried with my two natural pregnancies. Despite the fact that he had pushed for IVF to control for embryo quality, and then the embryo quality didn't seem to make a difference (they were PGD tested), he had no explanation for why I might have miscarried. He also was not overly sensitive and wanted to just 'try again.' he said it's a numbers game. He was very dismissive of my suggestions (other women in my family had a bicornuate uterus, but he immediately said I didn't have that). When I went to get a second opinion from another clinic, they suggested a different protocol. I brought that suggestion back to him and he was immediately dismissive, judgmental and unprofessional. He told me that clinic had a 'terrible reputation' (despite the fact that he had trained the doctor) and that their suggestions were off-base. This was a phone call, after not responding to my email for a few weeks. He claimed he had. Overall, he left a very bad taste in my mouth and I felt unsafe/uncared for in his care. I think he is very smart and knows his stuff but is very arrogant and not open-minded. While I think he likely provides good care overall and helps a lot of women have success, I would not recommend him to a close friend.
Be your own advocate, and push him hard if you disagree.
I believe it was a standard protocol, with menapur, gonal F, and the trigger. for the transfer, we used PIO and estrace. When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I liked that the hours were early and I could go before work, and the window of time was substantial. However, it is such a huge place that sometimes I would wait an entire hour. And there was no way to predict it! So I'd have to go much earlier than I wanted just in case. It did feel a bit like cattle call.
For me, Dr Stein believed strongly in transferring one embryo, because multiples bring higher risks. I agree with this assessment and appreciated it. (He also has twins himself, so that may bias him).

European, East Asian
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Having now gone to another practice, I see that RMA is a fertility factory. In retrospect, I feel that we didn't truly receive any personalized treatment. There is a standard set of tools that RMA uses without going deep on what the underlying issue might be. After 2 failed IVF cycles based on getting no PGC testing embryos, a panel of the RMA doctors didn't have any other suggestions beyond a different IVF protocol. They are not open to day 3 transfers. Since transferring to a different practice, we've done secondary tests for genetics, a biopsy identifying an infection, sperm fragmentation test and uncovered issues with each of these. These tests just were not available at RMA. We now think of RMA as a place to go to have certain procedures administered to you, but I don't think about it as a place where your doctor can truly "treat" you by offering individualized care and service.
Dr. Kudesia was very understanding of our situation. We were grieving from the loss of our daughter who died shortly after she was born and found ourselves faced with infertility. Dr. Kudesia was incredibly sympathetic and available to meet with us on a regular basis to patiently answer all of our questions about medicated cycles, IUI and IVF.
I saw numerous nurses over the course of my year at RMA. The quality of the staff differed, but they were available to answer questions when I called RMA.
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was available to answer questions in person when we made an appointment. She was clear, balanced and walked us through the available data on medicated cycles with IUI and IVF. We are a couple with a lot of questions and she took her time to answer everything. It never felt like she was trying to push us in a specific direction and she didn't get defensive when we questioned certain approaches based on our failed outcomes. She took time to call us over the weekend after we found out about all our embryos failing to reach day 5. It was devastating news, but we appreciated her call. She is upbeat, cheerful and encouraged me to stay positive while recognizing that was hard