Genetic counseling: Offered
Westchester
311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?

2018 - 2020
I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles [with Dr. Lekovich]. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos...listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place...is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
Lots of locations [of RMA of New York], usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols...The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions...Monitoring varied a great deal. Sometimes it was empty sometimes it was literally standing room only.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. This is a big clinic and there is no hand holding. Dr. Lekovich is smart and committed but it’s not a mom and pop shop so you need to be assertive at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 2 medicated timed intercourse cycles and 2 medicated IUI’s mainly for insurance purposes. These cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos. I was happy to have an adjustment and better results. My first embryo transfer ended in chemical pregnancy. The second one she added Lupron and I have an ongoing pregnancy from that cycle.
The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions. They are organized and all very well informed and confident. The nurses that help with the retrievals and transfers are wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of locations, usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I lost track of how much money we spent. We had some insurance coverage but still paid around 15-20 thousand total.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich was a very strong proponent of aSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was so anxious awaiting my PGT results. It had been over 2 weeks. I finally called the company that does the testing and apparently they had released the results over a week before. I called RMA and a nurse looked it up and said “oh yes it’s in your chart”. She gave me the results but it was such big important information I would have appreciated getting as soon as possible, not a week late.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The offices of RMA are quite busy, as they take a number of insurance plans. While the monitoring feels busy, we feel taken care of, all questions answered, and a thorough approach to our care takes place when we are one on one with all doctors, nurses, as well as other office staff.... I think they have all been so kind, thorough and supportive through the process. The have all communicated very well, and even when I have called the offices (what I feel like is) 100 times,
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich has a very calm demeanor when explaining our treatments and outcomes. We have appreciated this about her. She has been thoughtful in her approach, and gentle when we have received not-so-great news. She is proactive in making adjustments in treatments, and has taken the time to explain all steps and answer even the smallest of questions. She uses research to back-up her rationale for each treatment approach, and thoughtfully explains each decision without hesitation.
Allow her to explain her rationale for various treatment approaches, and remember to ask all questions. She feels like a wealth of knowledge, and when you ask questions, she can provide you with so much reassurance with her treatment decisions.
The offices of RMA are quite busy, as they take a number of insurance plans. While the monitoring feels busy, we feel taken care of, all questions answered, and a thorough approach to our care takes place when we are one on one with all doctors, nurses, as well as other office staff. Dr. Lekovich has called us to explain the outcome of both of our retrievals, and has taken the time to elaborate on changes to future cycles, and any changes I can personally make in future retrievals.
1. Antagonist protocol, with menopur, gonal and cetrotide for my first IVF cycle 2. Flare protocol with lupron, gonal, menopur for my second, as I only produced 8 follicles for my 1st try, resulting in 0 healthy embryos, it as decided that this protocol should produce more follicles. This only produced 7 follicles, however, resulted in 0 healthy embryos.
I love them. I think they have all been so kind, thorough and supportive through the process. The have all communicated very well, and even when I have called the offices (what I feel like is) 100 times, they are always so so patient and understanding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic treats a lot of women-mostly because they take a great amount of health insurance plans-which is excellent. While there are so many people present for monitoring and appointments, I feel very taken care of when I am the patient in the chair being seen. All of my questions have been answered and all staff, doctors and nurses have all been helpful, supportive and empathic during the process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Great! Easy location-and they are quick, in and out within 15 minutes.
I have thankfully thus far had insurance coverage for most of my treatments- IUIs approximately $400 each, and IVF retrieval cycles were $7000 including medication.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Jovana Lekovich] checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out...Email is a good way to get ahold of her - the nurse can always connect you as well. She is forthright and will not sugar coat it - but does it warmly and with compassion...was warm, interested, and responsive.
While there was some lapses in communication [from the nurses at RMA of New York], overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful...didn't get the 5 day results at one point because they were waiting to see what happened on day 6 and 7 and no one informed me. That round did not go well and I had to call to find out at the end of day 7 because I had not heard anything.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
The doctor's strength and weaknesses cannot be conflated with the weaknesses of the clinic. The Doctor checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out.
While the clinic is definitely a 'by the number' clinic - Dr. Lekovich herself was warm, interested, and responsive.
I used Gonal F, Menopure and Cetrocide towards the end of the retrieval. I was also on Lovonox 60mg to prevent blood clots due to Factor 5. I can try to look back and provide more information but it was approx 2 menopure vials at night, 300mg gonal f in the mornings and that increased towards the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa)
While there was some lapses in communication, overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Brooklyn office is warm, faster, and generally smaller - making it a more ideal location. The main office on Madision Ave of RMA is a giant cog machine that routes people through as numbers not faces and it is a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was morningtime before work. I was lucky enough to live walkable to the location. The phlebotomist at this location was the BEST - pain free, didn't leave marks, always quick. It took longer for the ultrasounds depending on what time you arrived, but never TOO long. The weekend hours were at the Madision Avenue location were a cluster and cattle call. Jam packed, call out your name large system. It was disappointing there were no hours at the BK location.
This is tricky, insurance initially denied. So the costs of that were 15,000 for the first round of retrieval. 6,000 for PGD/PGS. But then that got discounted because I did not do transfer, so the second round cost less. With insurance finally being fought and won. The PGD was not covered, but the co-insurance was only 1,500 per retrieval round. So for three rounds 4,500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just didn't get the 5 day results at one point because they were waiting to see what happened on day 6 and 7 and no one informed me. That round did not go well and I had to call to find out at the end of day 7 because I had not heard anything.
Brooklyn

Dr. Lekovich was able to answer questions that I had in a kind and professional way . I love that she seems to know her patients by name even when she’s not in the examining room . My only gripe would be that she doesn’t answer emails when it’s sent . I ended up asking my question in person but it works have been nice to get a reply via email .... The antagonist protocal was used for my treatment . I used Gonal F, Menopur , Cetrotide along with trigger shots Lupton and Oviidrel. The idea was to increase the amount of eggs for a successful cycle . It worked ! Just hoping that a healthy embryo will be the result .
RMA is run efficiently . There are several locations in Manhattan , Brooklyn and Westchester so it’s convenient for people in various locations in the city . However the monitoring hours should be a bit more flexible . The strict monitoring hours makes it difficult to rearrange your schedule depending on the type of job you have .... The antagonist protocal was used for my treatment . I used Gonal F, Menopur , Cetrotide along with trigger shots Lupton and Oviidrel. The idea was to increase the amount of eggs for a successful cycle . It worked ! Just hoping that a healthy embryo will be the result .
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready to ask her . She is very quick to answer questions .
Dr. Lekovich was friendly and answered questions that I had regarding my care .
Warm , compassionate and caring are some words that come to mind when thinking of the nursing staff . I was told at the last minute that I needed another medication exhausted od my bloodwork and I was panicking because I didn’t k ow how I’d get it in such a short space of time . Unfortunately , I don’t recall her name but she ended up giving me the medication and tried to calm me down . I was so appreciative of the kind gesture that was shown to me .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were a pain because of my work schedule . I wished that the monitoring hours were more flexible .
My insurance covered some of my costs . The outstanding costs were mostly the ICSI ,PGS anesthesia and genetic testing .
Brooklyn

She [Dr. Rashmi Kudesia] was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
When you enter RMA , the clinic seems to be run like a well oiled machine . Everyone is seen efficiently and that’s wonderful when you are in a rush to go to work at then end of your appointment. However with that being said , it feels like a factory with a lack of compassion from the doctors responsible for your care . Return callls from the nurses take place within a few hours or by the end of the day . There are so many doctors on staff so getting in touch with your doctor may be difficult . My wish would be for a direct line to your doctor’s officers prevent going through the message answering protocol .
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She recently moved
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was friendly and answered questions related to my procedure . However , our sessions did feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Rashmi Kudesia used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I completed three rounds of IUI because my insurance didn’t allow for IVF until I had three rounds of the IUI. No pregnancy resulted from the IUI. Dr. Kudesia then started the IVF cycle but unfortunately had to move towards the end of my treatment.
When I had to meet with the nursing staff to discuss medication or had additional questions related to treatment the ladies were very compassionate and patient . They empathized with my situation and made attempts to keep me calm .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring occurred very early in the morning . There was no flexibility which made it stressful and difficult to arrange times with work and getting to the appointment on time . I would prefer if they had afternoon hours to accommodate people with a different time schedule .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.
Thankfully my IUI was covered with my insurance . my insurance paid for some of the cost associated with the IVF. I was responsible for paying my co insurance , medication , anesthesia , ICSI and PGS testing .The medical coordinator was good at informing me when payment was due. After insurance , the cost for the above was around $9,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
When I began the IUI cycle ,I was told that my insurance only allowed 3 tries of the IUI before moving to IVF. My husband was told to submit sperm to the lab . The sperm was used but the cycle did not make me pregnant . So we tried again the following month. At the completion of the cycle I was sent to the main office for IUI . Sadly it could not be completed because there was no sperm in the lab from my partner . I was furious . No one informed my partner that he either had to submit multiple sperm samples or tell me in advance that my husband had to come with me the day of he procedure . I had to juggle my work schedule to make that appointment and it was a waste of time . The doctor and staff apologized for the error but it left a bad taste in my mouth .

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
When I started seeing her [Dr. Kudesia] she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss....The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis... I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant
Strengths [of RMA] are efficiency...I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room...they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered...The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF...We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis. Considering I had been pregnant 3 times naturally before coming to the clinic, I think they just assumed his sperm was healthy. It wasn't until I personally had to enforce it did my husband get his sperm analysis and now here we are 8 months later still not pregnant, but found out that my husband has 0% motility. My 40th birthday is this year, and we will have to make a big decision about IVF. I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant and was chalking it up to unexplained infertility, and shouldn't have even allowed us to do IUI without him having a sperm analysis.
To make sure you ask every question you have, as she doesn't really give answers unless you come with questions.
I felt like a human because I could really tell she cared. I had a full term still birth in 2016, I was 39 weeks pregnant and I lost my son to an umbilical cord accident. When I started seeing her she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss.
First we tested my AMH and it was very good, and since I had been pregnant 3 times before we just did a non-medicated natural cycle that she monitored. I produced follicles on my own, ovulated according to the blood work, etc. Then when that didn't work she suggested we go right to IUI unmedicated and I did one unmedicated and it didn't work. Then we did one IUI cycle where I took 50mg of clomid, and then they gave me the trigger shot of ovidrel and that IUI also failed. Then I didn't have any more money for IUI's and my insurance covers NOTHING for fertility treatments. So then she decided to increase my dose of clomid to 100mg and then I gave myself the trigger at home, negative again. Then she increased me to 150mg clomid and I did the trigger shot again at home, negative. That following month she discovered a polyp on my uterus and I had read that was a side effect of clomid. On Feb, 14th 2017 I had the polyp surgically removed. Before we started trying again and while I was healing I had my husband go get his sperm analysis. Thats when we discovered his motility was 0%.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths are efficiency. I was VERY surprised for NYC and how busy they were that I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room, a lot better than my OB's office ! Also they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered. I also liked that I had a way to communicate with Dr. Kudesia over email. I found that very personal. The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF. In our case we do have to jump to IVF because of my age and my husbands sperm motility, and I just wished from day one they would have made him get tested.
$75 per blood test $250 for monitoring, $1250 for IUI, $150 for sperm analysis, $125 for phone calls, $375 for in person meet ups. All in all I spent 10K in 2017.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
It was just more oversights, and assumptions. We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times it just wasn't possible as I have zero insurance coverage for this. The plan my job provides has no coverage what so ever.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.

We started with medicated cycles [with Dr. Rashmi Kudesia] and IUI given there were no other signals that we had any issues. After that failed 6 times, we moved to IVF. I went through 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Kudesia, all with different protocols. The first led to 0 day 5 embyros, the second had 1 (but it was abnormal following PGS testing) and the 3rd we did a day 5 fresh transfer as a last ditch effort to see if that would work.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was available to answer questions in person when we made an appointment. She was clear, balanced and walked us through the available data on medicated cycles with IUI and IVF. We are a couple with a lot of questions and she took her time to answer everything. It never felt like she was trying to push us in a specific direction and she didn't get defensive when we questioned certain approaches based on our failed outcomes. She took time to call us over the weekend after we found out about all our embryos failing to reach day 5. It was devastating news, but we appreciated her call. She is upbeat, cheerful and encouraged me to stay positive while recognizing that was hard to do.
Schedule specific appointments if you want to have time to ask questions.
Dr. Kudesia was very understanding of our situation. We were grieving from the loss of our daughter who died shortly after she was born and found ourselves faced with infertility. Dr. Kudesia was incredibly sympathetic and available to meet with us on a regular basis to patiently answer all of our questions about medicated cycles, IUI and IVF.
With our daughter who passed away, I got pregnant quickly so Dr. Kudesia expected that we would get pregnant again. We started with medicated cycles and IUI given there were no other signals that we had any issues. After that failed 6 times, we moved to IVF. I went through 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Kudesia, all with different protocols. The first led to 0 day 5 embyros, the second had 1 (but it was abnormal following PGS testing) and the 3rd we did a day 5 fresh transfer as a last ditch effort to see if that would work.
I saw numerous nurses over the course of my year at RMA. The quality of the staff differed, but they were available to answer questions when I called RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Having now gone to another practice, I see that RMA is a fertility factory. In retrospect, I feel that we didn't truly receive any personalized treatment. There is a standard set of tools that RMA uses without going deep on what the underlying issue might be. After 2 failed IVF cycles based on getting no PGC testing embryos, a panel of the RMA doctors didn't have any other suggestions beyond a different IVF protocol. They are not open to day 3 transfers. Since transferring to a different practice, we've done secondary tests for genetics, a biopsy identifying an infection, sperm fragmentation test and uncovered issues with each of these. These tests just were not available at RMA. We now think of RMA as a place to go to have certain procedures administered to you, but I don't think about it as a place where your doctor can truly "treat" you by offering individualized care and service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was fine in the morning. I got there when it opened and there was often a couple people in front of me waiting to go in.
Covered by my insurance, but I've used up all my coverage and still am not pregnant.
Describe Rashmi Kudesia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
When we did the day 5 fresh transfer, we agreed to transfer 2 embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Information was not shared between the doctor, IVF coordinator and the nurses in a consistent way. I often had to restate my case and be very diligent about my schedule and treatment.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Kudesia has a warm and friendly personality so it was easy to connect to her....Dr. Kudesia is just nice and explains things in a way like you are talking to a friend. I had a good feeling about her since out 1st consultation in June 2016... Dr. Kudesia checked my egg count which is normal for my age and hand me let them know when I came started my period so they can start me on clomid and do blood work on the given days of my cycle. Since I just started they sent me to get an HSG exam.
[RMA] Strengths: friendly and calm staff Weakness: It took a while for the RMA Urologist's Nurse to call me back with my husbands test results of why we were not conceiving. It could have been because my husband was their contact and not me, but we sorted that out and I got in touch with the urology team... Everyone I dealt with at RMA, in both the Brooklyn and Manhattan Office had a warm and friendly demeanor. I always felt comfortable asking questions and was grateful they were able to answer my questions easily and returned my calls usually within a couple hours.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia is just nice and explains things in a way like you are talking to a friend. I had a good feeling about her since out 1st consultation in June 2016. I only saw her a few times, since I have not started IVF yet, but she is my main doctor.
I don't think I have advice, I would just recommend her to others.
we started with RMA about a year and a half after trying unsuccessfully to conceive. Dr. Kudesia checked my egg count which is normal for my age and hand me let them know when I came started my period so they can start me on clomid and do blood work on the given days of my cycle. Since I just started they sent me to get an HSG exam. On day 12 I would come in and they would check to make sure I had at least 1 mature egg follicle and they would give me Ovadril. I did the HSG once and it came back normal as well as all the blood work they did. I did the clomid and Ovadril for 3 cycles, July-September 2016. I decided to stop until my husband was tested. He was tested in November and it turns out the issue is on his end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Bruce)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: friendly and calm staff Weakness: It took a while for the RMA Urologist's Nurse to call me back with my husbands test results of why we were not conceiving. It could have been because my husband was their contact and not me, but we sorted that out and I got in touch with the urology team. *Urologist is Natan Bar-Chama
My co-pay was normally $40. However the sperm extraction done by Dr. Natan Bar Chama was $6,500. IVF I have not started yet but it will probably be in the $20, 000 range including PGD and medications.
From what the doctor said, they only plan on putting in 1 embryo at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
It took a while to get the results of my husband's semen analysis, but we got the results and extracted the sperm within 2 month's time so everything on his end is finished for now.
Brooklyn

He was fine. He seemed honest and open and nice. But he wasn't involved much in my care that I could see. The facility is so big that he was a very small part of my care. I was always told that he was "reviewing" my data, but I never heard from him...Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask how many times you'll have contact with him during the course of your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA. I only saw him at the very beginning and the very end of my treatment. Everything in between was a new person or a nurse or a rotating doctor. I never felt like there was continuity of care or any attention to detail with my case. The main RMA office in midtown Manhattan is horrible. The waiting room is HUGE and it really feels like a cattle call of patients. My egg retrieval experience with RMA was absolutely one of the worst medical experiences of my life. I asked to meet the doctor before the procedure and was told I couldn't unless it was an emergency of some sort. When I was ushered into the operating room, loud rock and roll was playing and no one greeted me or made me feel like I was a human being. I truly felt like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I got to meet exactly zero people involved with my care -- did not get to meet the anesthesiologist or the embryologist or the primary doctor. When I was put on the table in the operating room and started weeping because I felt vulnerable and exposed, no one acknowledged me or how I was doing. In short, no one spoke to me. I was truly just a piece of meat. Horrific.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Can't remember exact protocols. But it was pretty standard IVF stuff.
They were different every time. The phlebotomists were the WORST and I had bruises all the time. The nursing staff did not seem to want to get involved in continuity of care. I asked if I could see the same person and was told that it was "whoever is on call." They all seemed young and disengaged.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The second (and successful) clinic I went to was Madison Women's Health on the UES. They are AMAZING. They are exactly what anyone would want -- individualized attention, specific nurses helping & calling everyday, great attention to detail, great bedside manner. I felt so confident and happy with this clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Ugh. Different person every time. Phlebotomists were truly awful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.
Covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
RMA sucks. Don't ever go there.
Brooklyn

Dr. Lekovich was great in terms of taking time to answer my questions and she was compassionate to my situation. I feel like what was not communicated to me was the possible outcomes after the retrieval in terms of what to expect regarding the number of eggs retrieved, embryos fertilized and how many may not be viable.... Due to my situation, she tried to be as aggressive as possible while being safe to retrieve enough eggs to give us options.
The nurses [RMA of New York] were great but the coordinator staff and reception is severely lacking. They are not one and the same. The coordinators tend to be very disorganized and are not proactive in managing your care. Be sure to ask questions and keep track of everything on your own as you'll need to cross-check their communication.... This clinic has great doctors and nursing staff. The facilities are also great and the pricing comparable to other places. The area of needed growth is in the coordinator team.
Ask what to expect.
She is very warm and remembered my personal situation when I was with her.
The nurses were great but the coordinator staff and reception is severely lacking. They are not one and the same. The coordinators tend to be very disorganized and are not proactive in managing your care. Be sure to ask questions and keep track of everything on your own as you'll need to cross-check their communication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic has great doctors and nursing staff. The facilities are also great and the pricing comparable to other places. The area of needed growth is in the coordinator team. They are often unavailable or appear to be frustrated with you anytime you have questions for them.
Approximately $18,000 for the cycle including $750 for anesthesia. Medications ranged an additional $5000-6000.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I felt like a number when dealing with other staff but with Dr. Lekovich herself I felt a connection. I feel that she was personally invested in my journey and my care. She even allowed me to email her and would respond in a timely manner....Her strengths include her compassion and knowledge. She explains things very well...For my last treatment we used a Lupron protocol - the rationale was that she wanted to completely suppress my hormones due to the endometriosis found. By suppressing my hormones the goal was to closely regulate my hormones during my cycle...
This clinic [RMA of New York] is at a decent location. There are a lot of patients that are seen here. Because of the volume of patients it is important that you keep track of all of your information etc. Following up is usually necessary because sometimes it fall through the cracks...I felt like a number when dealing with other staff but with Dr. Lekovich herself I felt a connection. I feel that she was personally invested in my journey and my care...I never got to know my nursing team very well. Estephany was my care coordinator, she was great. There were certain front desk staff that were not friendly or understanding of my situation.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Her strengths include her compassion and knowledge. She explains things very well. Her weakness so far is that I have not had a child yet. My treatment continues with her and am looking forward to the outcome.
Communicate with her directly if necessary. Her staff may not be as receptive as she is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is at a decent location. There are a lot of patients that are seen here. Because of the volume of patients it is important that you keep track of all of your information etc. Following up is usually necessary because sometimes it fall through the cracks.
I had no choice on the approach to eSet. During my last transfer I would have liked to have a multiple embryo transfer.
Jovana Lekovich
Dr. Lekovich took over my case from another doctor. She was very easy to talk to and made me feel at easy since I didn’t start this process with her....r. Lekovich was very understanding and knowledgeable. As a patient she was realistic about the process and took the time to explain and answer any questions I had. Being that I was only in health care for a short time I still think we will continue this journey with her as our doctor.
The Brooklyn [RMA] staff were very caring and called with updates throughout my Ivf process. If I had questions about medication I was able to contact the clinic and someone would call back usually within 30-1hr...Monitoring appointments were pretty easy. Some days were busier than others but I usually didn’t find that I had to wait long....I liked that RMA had different clinics for me to do my blood work, ultrasound, but only one specific clinic for IUIs, Retrieval, sperm sample, etc.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich was very understanding and knowledgeable. As a patient she was realistic about the process and took the time to explain and answer any questions I had. Being that I was only in health care for a short time I still think we will continue this journey with her as our doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She will always be willing to answer them.
Antagonist Gonal F Menopur Cetrotide HcG Leuprolide Azithromycin (2) after retrieval
The Brooklyn staff were very caring and called with updates throughout my Ivf process. If I had questions about medication I was able to contact the clinic and someone would call back usually within 30-1hr.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I liked that RMA had different clinics for me to do my blood work, ultrasound, but only one specific clinic for IUIs, Retrieval, sperm sample, etc. It made it so much more convenient for me and my hubby for our daily routines.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My insurance paid for my IVF cycle except for Anesthesiologist PGS Shipping and return
Brooklyn
met dr [Dr. Kudesia] once and she explained everything extremely quickly. when asked questions to clarify/break down the lingo, she seemed impatient. i felt like she was on the clock and i was allotted only 15 minutes of her consultation time...aside from initial visit, I have not seen dr kudesia again. i have undergone three cycles of medicated treatment (ovidrel + letrizol) and they have been unsuccessful - she did not follow up ever. furthermore, last treatment resulted in extreme adverse side effects to the ovidrel which I found out AFTER being in NY Downtown Presbyterian Hospital ER, again no call from Dr Kudesia. She increased the ovidrel mg after being notified that I wasn't successful but that increase in dosage likely led to the ER visit. The overall lack of concern for my health and lack of follow up is concerning...
great staff [at RMA of New York - Brooklyn], good attitude...Ask her questions, see if she's taking due care in fully addressing your concerns and clarifying medical jargon. Also ask how involved she will be in future visits and procedures...
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
met dr once and she explained everything extremely quickly. when asked questions to clarify/break down the lingo, she seemed impatient. i felt like she was on the clock and i was allotted only 15 minutes of her consultation time.
great staff, good attitude

2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient. He always spent a lot of time with us and listened and answered our questions carefully. He was by far the best doctor I've had in any setting in my life...He was a perfect doctor. He spent a lot of time with us from the hours long first meeting to the monitoring visits when he would discuss results, what to expect, and answer all of our questions. He was thoughtful about treatment options and recommendations.
[RMA of New York] Strengths: It's a smoothly run, large operation with lots of experience and data. Weaknesses: The size can make it feel like a factory...[Nursing staff] They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful...[monitoring appointments] Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn....Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient.
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He's the best doctor you'll ever have (now at Extend Fertility).
The major change was from a regular gonal f+menopur cycle to estrogen priming + gonal f + menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn.
Covered by insurance
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Once we did PGD he strongly counseled against transferring more than one embryo.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.

She [Dr. Lekovich] is very professional, which could be interpreted as being a little bit cold. She is courteous and explains everything in detail, with technical terms and “common”, more understandable terms. I didn’t have to wait too long to see her and she is also available over the phone. ... We are trying IVF. The chances are low but she is willing to try. She will take all the steps to try to make it happen.
The office [RMA of New York] is in a good location and the hours are convenient. They are also open on weekends. The office is pretty clean. The waiting time is not too long. It is easy to schedule an appointment. The staff is very nice and helpful. ... She [Dr. Lekovich] will lab-test the embryo before the transfer, to ensure the embryo is good. ... Very pleasant and helpful. She [nurse] answered all my questions and replied to my emails very fast.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She is very professional, which could be interpreted as being a little bit cold. She is courteous and explains everything in detail, with technical terms and “common”, more understandable terms. I didn’t have to wait too long to see her and she is also available over the phone.
Ask questions. She can be very technical.
The Dr was personal and explained my situation and my options in a very clear manner.
I didn’t start the treatment yet. We are trying IVF. The chances are low but she is willing to try. She will take all the steps to try to make it happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Very pleasant and helpful. She answered all my questions and replied to my emails very fast.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is in a good location and the hours are convenient. They are also open on weekends. The office is pretty clean. The waiting time is not too long. It is easy to schedule an appointment. The staff is very nice and helpful.
Approximately $35,000
She will lab-test the embryo before the transfer, to ensure the embryo is good.
Brooklyn

[Dr. Joseph] Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive...Ask all of the questions! Don't feel bad about keeping him longer than you think you should.
strengths [of RMA of New York]: clean, well-established, responsive. weaknesses: sometimes during monitoring hours, it can feel very factor farm like with all the women waiting...my husband went in for labwork once and they forgot to test him for something so he had to go back to get tested again...15,200 or so per IVF cycle...Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Estrogen priming - started with this one because of my low AMH, high FSH. Didn't work. Only had one follicle so converted to IUI. Lupron microflare - about to start now.
Good. Pretty quick interaction with them but they're good.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
strengths: clean, well-established, responsive. weaknesses: sometimes during monitoring hours, it can feel very factor farm like with all the women waiting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
15,200 or so per IVF cycle
Joseph Davis
Brooklyn
[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly....Genuinely nice guy and really seemed to take control of my treatment to get my desired results...3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They [RMA] had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan....[Nursing Staff] Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information...[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle. Reaulted in chemical pregnancy Frozen transfer resulted in twin pregnancy (carried out by different doctor because Joshua Klein left the practice)
Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan.
Yes. I am a SMC and because my embryos were of good quality the first transfer was an eSET.

5 IUI, Surrogacy
Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive...Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor...who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein [of RMA New York] was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive.
5 IUI, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor at Cornell Weill, who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive. After just one round of gonal f injections, careful monitoring and IUI I became pregnant with twins. Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.

3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.

2019 - 2020
I loved my doctor but RMA at times did feel like a factory and like I was a number. Some of the doctors were better than others. I wish I had been able to only see Dr. Sekhon but downtown office was not as convenient for me so I usually saw a different MD each visit at Eastside which made it feel less personal. Very clean during COVID and good screening process.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Speaking of just Dr. Sekhon and not RMA, I couldn't be happier with the care she provided, specifically during the IVF process. From even before starting IVF, she demystified the process for me and shared many stories that made me feel more comfortable with the process. She was patient with me, going through the timeline of events and what to expect in detail along the way. Every time we spoke she eased my anxiety. I did not see her every visit but I would travel further from UES to downtown often because I always felt better seeing her than other providers. She was warm, yet straight to the point. Great bedside manner. I trusted the care she was giving me. I also appreciate how available she was over email when I had burning questions that I didn't want to wait until the next appointment- this is huge when going through something so emotional/time consuming. While I wish I did not have to do IVF of course, I feel lucky to have found Dr. Sekhon, and I could not recommend her more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She is an incredibly busy clinician with lots of patients. If you need her REACH OUT and she will be there for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was kind, empathetic and very personal. She NEVER made me feel stupid for asking questions and always took time to explain the process in ways that made me and my husband understand. She was always available over email, including weekends and time off. We had shared decision making and made me feel very comfortable and supported. I trusted what she said because she never steered me wrong. I appreciated her candid but warm nature and her confidence provided me with comfort during this process. She also always asked me how work was and how my family was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie the nurse was very helpful and knew my info well, but I did not always talk to her. The other nurses did not know my course as well and sometimes gave me misinformation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Once did not get a call with results and had to call myself. A few times never got an email for an appointment for monitoring (during covid).
Lucky Sekhon
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.

5 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
[Dr. Kim Thornton] rarely made herself available to speak with me regarding medication questions and concerns I had. I found her to be detached, inconsiderate, and lacking in empathy...When I asked her about some of the emerging trends in medical journals regarding new treatment approaches for women my age she was not aware of them. I do not believe she fully evaluated my prior protocols to appropriately consider making modifications as she insisted on continuing with a treatment protocol that had failed twice.
I was covered by insurance for my treatments and medications (which was confirmed in advance by their billing department), however RMA still required me to pay $2000 (just in case)...I felt most times I was in the office for monitoring that I was part of a cattle-call. they also overcharge patients and are very slow to reimburse for overcharges...The nursing staff treated patients like cattle. It was very difficult to get them on the phone to answer questions or request information.
5 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton lacks both compassion and apparent scholarship. When I asked her about some of the emerging trends in medical journals regarding new treatment approaches for women my age she was not aware of them. I do not believe she fully evaluated my prior protocols to appropriately consider making modifications as she insisted on continuing with a treatment protocol that had failed twice. She did not listen to my needs or concerns as a patient and made me fel very devalued. She lacked a signifcant degree of compassion for my unique circumstances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Consider choosing a more scholarly, engaged and empathetic Provider. Dr. Thornton is none of these.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton rarely made herself available to speak with me regarding medication questions and concerns I had. I found her to be detached, inconsiderate, and lacking in empathy
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
She kept my doses very high of Follistim (from prior two cycles) despite my asking for an adjustment. She also added additional Menopur and LEtrozole over the amounts used in my prior cycles. I suggested that she was over-medicating me she did not heed my concerns. I ended up developing very three large follicular cysts which were atretic (like my prior two cycles) and her other follicles failed to grow after a certain point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When you leave RMA you have the lingering sense of "quantity over quality." I felt most times I was in the office for monitoring that I was part of a cattle-call. they also overcharge patients and are very slow to reimburse for overcharges.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As previously mentioned it was an extensive cattle-call. Medical Assistants were also not very adept at venipuncture nor did they listen to my specific requirements which resulted in multiple punctures (more than 5 on one occasion)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During one examination a physician told me that my follicles (5 of them) had magically disappeared. Despite this distressing news (which was inaccurate), I could not get my physician on the phone to clarify this alarming statement. The nurses failed to order my trigger shot and did not realize the error until the day of my trigger. As previously mentioned, Dr. Thornton over-medicated me which led to poor results.
Kim L. Thornton
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York.

Dr. Thornton is smart and thoughtful. She did take the time to get to know me and my priorities. That said, I don't think she shared enough medical information with me - why she was making the decisions she did and what various risks and side effects were along the way.... Diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea so directed to go straight to IVF given my desire to get pregnant. Given only Menopur on my retrieval cycle, which I've heard is normal with HA. Transfer medication included oral estrace,
Convenient locations [RMANY] and streamlined processes. You are 1 or 1,000. Specialized care and extra time for treatment is not really possible. Overall all doctors are professional, but it is frustrating when you don't really feel that they've had time to read your file....My coordinator was very sweet, but often had no idea what part of my cycle I was in. I had to correct her multiple times, many on important things, like the prescriptions she was calling in.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is smart and thoughtful. She did take the time to get to know me and my priorities. That said, I don't think she shared enough medical information with me - why she was making the decisions she did and what various risks and side effects were along the way. I started treatment when I was 32 - she basically told me I could or could not do PGS testing given my age. 4 transfers later with 2 miscarriages (1 ectopic) and 2 failed transfers I am frustrated that little was changed from cycle to cycle and we were encouraged to make other changes (such as PGS testing or supplemental changes).
She is great within RMA, but RMA has a million patients. If you are meeting the standard protocol, she is great, but may be less so with special cases.
Dr. Thornton personally called me many times and I know she truly cared about my outcome. That said, RMA is a huge clinic so she only had so much time to dedicate to an individual patient.
Diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea so directed to go straight to IVF given my desire to get pregnant. Given only Menopur on my retrieval cycle, which I've heard is normal with HA. Transfer medication included oral estrace, estrace patch and progesterone shots. After first pregnancy resulted in ectopic they added a baby aspirin. Only other change was in my fourth transfer, taking 1 dose of estrace vaginally to increase the thickness of my lining.
I had a few nurses call me most frequently. They were nice and very professional, but not very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Convenient locations and streamlined processes. You are 1 or 1,000. Specialized care and extra time for treatment is not really possible. Overall all doctors are professional, but it is frustrating when you don't really feel that they've had time to read your file.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Madison office is a nightmare. They often opened late at the Downtown facility, but the staff there is great.
Covered by insurance. Probably paid $2K out of pocket.
Describe Kim L. Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I wish the rationale (eSET) had been explained to me more BEFORE my treatment. I think given my weight they considered it far too risky to have twins or other multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During my ectopic pregnancy, I was given no warning and told I had to come in for shots at 3:30pm by the EOD (5pm) all the way uptown. This resulted in me looking unprofessional in my job, not to mention the emotional turmoil. My coordinator was very sweet, but often had no idea what part of my cycle I was in. I had to correct her multiple times, many on important things, like the prescriptions she was calling in.
Kim L. Thornton
NY - Downtown

She [Dr. Kimberly Thornton] sent me to different tests and has never explained or discussed the results...It has been a very difficult experience. She is not thorough and will let things fall through the cracks...Her one-way, broad-brush approach does not suit a patient with special medical conditions...During the ultrasound, you have to ask for folical number and sizes...not value evidence-based treatment...The one-direction, the general approach is a waste of everyone's time and money.
The biggest problem or RMA is communication. There is no patient portal and you can only get partial verbal information from a phone call from a nurse. RMA does not provide a consistent treatment procedure. The experiences are very different based on your doctor and nurse...For IUI, RMA took bloodwork on Day 3 and will send an email to let you know when to come in for ultrasound and trigger shot and the date for IUI. During the ultrasound, you have to ask for folical number and sizes. RMA does not share that information by default. Nurse
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She sent me to different tests and has never explained or discussed the results. RMA does not provide a patient portal system and she does not share all the test results, not mention to review them or responds to them. It has been a very difficult experience. She is not thorough and will let things fall through the cracks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
If you are under 35-year old, lucky and healthy, it might be OK to work with Dr. Thornton. If you are older and cannot waste your time, do not work with her. Her one-way, broad-brush approach does not suit a patient with special medical conditions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is warm and polite. However, the whole process is a one-way approach. She applies the same treatments and has never adjusted them based on the test results or previous failure cycle. She is not interested in increasing my odds but sales the treatment cycle one after another.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
The nurse plays a key role in IVF and IUI procedure. Melissa tends to ignore emails and has never clearly explained the procedure. She fails to communicate all of my test results or check my records. When she is on vacation, no one coves her duty. Things can easily fall through cracks. It is nerve-breaking to work with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
I pay co-pays and medication for IUI procedures.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Dr. Thornton and her team do not value evidence-based treatment. They do not communicate, review all test results or investigate the best treatment for each person. The one-direction, the general approach is a waste of everyone's time and money.
Kimberley Thornton