Genetic counseling: Offered
212-256-8200
311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?

17 Eggs Frozen
On the day of the surgery he [Dr. Coppernan] was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in...He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him...made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients...My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends...I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there...The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
17 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was a phenomenal communicator. He was compassionate, caring and genuine. He was very thorough and always spent as much time as necessary with me to ensure all my questions were answered and all of my concerns were addressed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat when meeting with me from that point forward. He would email me directly to check in on me throughout my cycle. Dr. Copperman was the best part of my visit to RMA NY every time I got to see him. He is so sweet and sincere. His bedside manner was out of this world. He encouraged me throughout my cycle and praised me for my bravery in my decision to preserve my fertility. There is literally no other Reproductive Endocrinologist that I would trust with my fertility other than Dr. Copperman. The choice was easy. He was so sweet to my partner and great with my sister. On the day of the surgery he was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in. The team introduced themselves to me and explained what role they would be playing in my retrieval. He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients. I didn't care about that as long as I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on 2 vials of Menopur every night with the exception of one night when they dropped it down to 1 vial. I was on 150 IU of Gonal-F that I injected every morning. Towards the end of my cycle, they dropped the Gonal-F to 112.5 IU. The last few days of my cycle I did Gonal-F in the morning and Menopur and Cetrotide at night until my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire & Jordyn Banks)
My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends. My nurse coordinator Jordyn was a dream to work with. She was always on top of everything and spent the time to sit with me and explain my protocol as well as provide me with injection instructions and tips. Both Sam and Jordyn went above and beyond for me. They're both my fertility fairy God Mothers.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room could definitely be improved in terms of atmosphere and furniture but don't let that turn you off. Sometimes classical music would be playing today's top hits and I really liked that when it was on. The colors in the waiting room were a little dark and dreary. Sometimes the phlebotomist didn't introduce themselves by name but kindly greeted me as I went back for blood work. My very first visit was a little confusing as I had never been to a monitoring appointment before and didn't know the process / what to expect and I didn't receive instructions from the front desk check in coordinators when you sign in. I think that all new patients that come in for their first monitoring appointment should be told what to expect and what the process entails (sign your name on the sticker with your doctors name, sit in the waiting room until your name is called by a nurse, go back and get your blood work done, go back into the waiting room and wait to be called for your ultrasound, following the ultrasound go to the check out desk and formally check out and speak with a billing coordinator.) I had to self navigate my first appointment but after the initial monitoring appointment I got the hang of things in terms of the process. The nurses were always very pleasant. The billing coordinators required retraining in terms of how to speak to patients compassionately during check out. I made RMA NY aware of this immediately and shortly after I provided this feedback the billing coordinator experience improved drastically. At the end of the day, all I cared about was that I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman and his team. Go to your monitoring appointment at 6:50 - 7AM - the early bird gets the worm and there are way less patients there and you get in and get right out!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super convenient. I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there. The phlebotomist should be taking the time to explain blood work during your first monitoring appointment so that you understand as I was confused my first appointment. The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
+ Read more- Read less

sometimes I felt like my doctor [Dr. Daniel Stein] didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much...prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.

1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he [Dr. Daniel Stein] still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal...He was always very responsive and thoughtful...I had success with our first transfer which I hadn’t expected. I was 41 when I gave birth. He definitely helped us get to where we wanted to be very quickly. I had a bad experience with the clinic and he was very responsive and made me feel heard and supported.
My final visit [with RMA of New York] was around 9 weeks. The Dr and one nurse said I could be in touch through the end of the first trimester. But when I had a threatened miscarriage at 11 weeks they were unresponsive and unhelpful. They claimed later this is just how fertility clinics operate due to the high cost of malpractice insurance...I insisted on speaking with someone and the clinician who told me “legally we can’t see you” wouldn’t tell me her name and was very antagonistic. So I went to an ER and found out I had a threatened miscarriage.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends.
I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He was always very responsive and thoughtful
I don’t remember dosages. I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
“They get the job done” someone told me and they were right. Weakness of the clinic is that the east side office is unhelpful and unresponsive. I had a very bad experience when I went there at 11 weeks after waking up to a gush of blood. I had called the on call doctor who never called me back. Because it was a Saturday I went to the east side-the only open location. They had me wait for a while then said nobody could see or speak with me because I was too far along (had been told conflicting info earlier in my treatment). At this point I’d been going to RMA for over a year and this was shocking and very upsetting. I insisted on speaking with someone and the clinician who told me “legally we can’t see you” wouldn’t tell me her name and was very antagonistic. So I went to an ER and found out I had a threatened miscarriage.
We paid less than 7k out of pocket including copays

2018 - 2020
I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles [with Dr. Lekovich]. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos...listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place...is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
Lots of locations [of RMA of New York], usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols...The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions...Monitoring varied a great deal. Sometimes it was empty sometimes it was literally standing room only.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. This is a big clinic and there is no hand holding. Dr. Lekovich is smart and committed but it’s not a mom and pop shop so you need to be assertive at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 2 medicated timed intercourse cycles and 2 medicated IUI’s mainly for insurance purposes. These cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos. I was happy to have an adjustment and better results. My first embryo transfer ended in chemical pregnancy. The second one she added Lupron and I have an ongoing pregnancy from that cycle.
The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions. They are organized and all very well informed and confident. The nurses that help with the retrievals and transfers are wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of locations, usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I lost track of how much money we spent. We had some insurance coverage but still paid around 15-20 thousand total.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich was a very strong proponent of aSET.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.

2019 - 2020
I did 3 IUIs [with Dr. Lekovich] using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF...She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient...She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on...Two nurses told me different things about choosing a sperm donor. One nurse made me feel that I should definitely change my donor while the other said it was fine...Each IUI was around $300...The main problem is just that I wish they were open for more hours in the day! They only do many procedures between 9am and 12:30 which isn't always convenient. The nurses always call back when I call. I have gotten some conflicting information from some nurses, but they quickly cleared up their miscommunication.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich explains everything that is going to happen in detail. She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change for multiples. She is very direct and clear. She does not coddle or spend a lot of time on letting her patients feel bad and disappointed. She just moves on to the next step in the plan, which i appreciate but may bot be for everyone. for my actual IUIs, she only performed one and other doctors did the other two. I would have preferred that she be able to do all of them, but the other doctors were equally qualified and kind.
Ask a lot of questions! She will explain them. Make a list for every meeting.
Dr. Lekovich and everyone who works at RMA is extremely kind and warm. She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient.
I did 3 IUIs using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on that cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Each IUI was around $300.

2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
2020
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me

2019 - 2020
Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.

2019 - 2020
[Protocol with Dr. Klein] 2 IVF cycles - both antagonist - first without birth control and the second with. We needed a second cycle after all our embryos arrested on day 3 in the first cycle. The second cycle was different to help the eggs mature at the same rate to retrieve more mature eggs. Both cycles produces 18 eggs each...Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested...he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator [at RMA of New York] who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate...The office was rarely busy for morning monitoring, and my wait was typically shorter than 15 minutes. Typically, once I got called in for blood draw, the ultrasound nurse was waiting for me...The main office is in midtown Manhattan is the only clinic open during weekends and holidays, which was inconvenient for me on the rare occasion when I needed morning monitoring during the weekend. Otherwise, the staff is pleasant and friendly, phone calls and emails are always returned, and the office is clean.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If I could take Dr. Klein with me everywhere I go, I would. He is equally kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly and takes the time to answer any questions I had, sets clear expectations and fully appraises you of the risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, ask them. If you have concerns, raise them. He will take the time to answer them as best as possible and make you as comfortable as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested on the day 3 in my first IVF cycle, he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein discussed costs with us during our initail consultation. However, most costs associated with my IVF treatment were covered by insurance. I did pay for the remainder of my deductible, which was very little at this point, and for genetic testing of my self, my husband, and the embryos out of pocket, totaling approximately $4000. The cost of the anesthesiologist was not covered by insurance as she was out of network, and that cost $750 for each egg retrieval.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein is particular to elective single embryo transfers for the safety of the mother and the fetus.
+ Read more- Read less
[Dr. Beth McAvey] has great bed side manner. She was in contact with me and so were the nurses. I was never rushed off the phone and all l questions were answered...We were advised to only do one transfer at a time...The injections were adjusted based on how I responded to the medication. I had 18 retrieved and ended up with 3 embryos...helped us thru our journey to have our family both times. She answered any question we had and was upfront and honest throughout the process...We felt at ease being in her care...Going thru IVF gave me my 2 boys (2 year old and 3 month old).
[Monitoring house at RMA of New York] felt it was well oiled. You were taken in the order you came. Some days were busier than others while some were quieter. I do wish the monitoring hours were a little longer but I do understand it is time sensitive so they do need to get the samples to the lab...They take their time to talk to you and answer your questions. They are sensitive to your needs and help you thru the process. I liked the professionalism and honesty. It’s not an easy thing to go thru. I also liked how they walked us thru the entire process.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr McAvy helped us thru our journey to have our family both times. She answered any question we had and was upfront and honest throughout the process. I was very happy with her bed side manner. We felt at ease being in her care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvy has great bed side manner. She was in contact with me and so were the nurses. I was never rushed off the phone and all l questions were answered.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I used the antagonist protocol for IVF. The injections were adjusted based on how I responded to the medication. I had 18 retrieved and ended up with 3 embryos. For the transfer, I was able to take the pills which were much easier. It was a little stressful during the injections as they are timed but we were able to make the times work around my schedule. I always brought them with me incase I got delayed. It’s a little easier preparing for the transfer. I was able to use the pill form and you just have to follow the amount around the same time each day you need to take them. Going thru IVF gave me my 2 boys (2 year old and 3 month old).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses I had were very informative and sensitive to your needs. They made you feel at ease.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I felt it was well oiled. You were taken in the order you came. Some days were busier than others while some were quieter. I do wish the monitoring hours were a little longer but I do understand it is time sensitive so they do need to get the samples to the lab.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
We used WIN fertility for all medication. The bundle gave you discounts which helped.
Describe Beth McAvey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We were advised to only do one transfer at a time.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.

2015 - 2019
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I remember him [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] starting me low on clomid then slowly increasing the dosage. Same goes for all other medications as he was proceeding carefully...recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age being that I was categorized as high risk...was sympathetic, caring, took his time explaining things, positive and optimistic about the entire process. I never felt rushed or like I was another number on his schedule. He made me feel confident in the process and was just very sweet overall. I trusted him with the process as well. He showed compassion when I had a miscarriage (without doing IVF as it just happened naturally without doing an IVF cycle).
The clinic [RMA of New York] is clean and organized. The staff wore gloves when doing procedures or drawing blood. The place was sanitary including the bathroom. The location of the office was easy to get to and the office was easy to find. I don’t think I have any weaknesses to include...Everyone in the office was amazing and great. Very friendly, informative and always explained things clearly...Monitoring hours was a breeze. Sometimes the office would be very busy, but it was most efficient and worked well with my work schedule.
2015 - 2019
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Klein was sympathetic, caring, took his time explaining things, positive and optimistic about the entire process. I never felt rushed or like I was another number on his schedule. He made me feel confident in the process and was just very sweet overall. I trusted him with the process as well. He showed compassion when I had a miscarriage (without doing IVF as it just happened naturally without doing an IVF cycle). I always felt excited to see him because he was always positive and showed encouragement that everything will be fine and work out. He was never negative or quiet. He explained everything in detail and answered all my questions promptly and accurately. He is very knowledgeable and offered great recommendations towards which route to take to conceive.
Dr. Klein is very trustworthy and knows what he’s doing. You’re in good hands if you see him.
I remember him starting me low on clomid then slowly increasing the dosage. Same goes for all other medications as he was proceeding carefully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yenisse Hernandez )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean and organized. The staff wore gloves when doing procedures or drawing blood. The place was sanitary including the bathroom. The location of the office was easy to get to and the office was easy to find. I don’t think I have any weaknesses to include.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I don’t remember but it was covered through my insurance except for copays and certain deductibles.
Dr. Klein recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age being that I was categorized as high risk. He felt confident in that recommendation and I trusted him.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Sekhon is incredibly kind and caring. She's able to deliver hard news thoughtfully and explain why and how certain things are happening in a clear way. Dr. Sekhon treated my husband and me as if we were her friends or family -- when we got bad news, she called us right away and when we got good news, she was cheering in our corner...We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
I adore Connie [nurse at RMA of NY] -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully...It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick...Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My husband I are so grateful for Dr. Sekhon. After being diagnosed with PCOS, we knew we needed help getting pregnant and Dr. Sekhon came highly recommended. In our first meeting, she took the time to clearly outline the entire process and all of our options while answering every single hypothetical question we had. We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions! In my experience, you receive more information if you ask for it. Most doctors don't offer every point of detail but Dr. Sekhon will certainly take the time to explain the way things work if you show that you're interested and want to understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
For both of the IUIs, I was on Letrozole and then Ovidrel as the trigger shot. For IVF, I was on a combination of Gonal, Menopur, and Cetrotide and then the Lupron Trigger Shot. The dosages of the medications differed between the two IVF protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie and Jennifer)
I adore Connie -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully. Her care and compassion made the entire process so much better!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Overall, we had a great experience at RMA. Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I know many people say that it's a cattle call, but I never felt that way. It is certainly a busy clinic, but I think that's attributed to their success and how many people want to be under RMA's care. It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Thankfully, my insurance covered every procedure and the medication.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon told us that for my age (under 35) and good health, it wasn't necessary to do multiple embryo transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.

Dr. Sandler monitoring visits were always very quick and i felt he treated me as an ignorant patient who was asking silly questions. He performed none of my retrieval or transfers...I had a 9 week miscarriage and booked a follow up appointment with him 4 weeks later...with no apology whatsoever from his side, and a statement that my embryo didn't look good in the first place so there was no hope for it to survive (which was never mentioned to me before).
I have a lifetime coverage that was used fully for 2 rounds of IVF. My extras [at RMA of New York] included about 7000+ for medication, 2000 for freezing, and 3000 PGS...RMA East side has a lot of patients and it can give the sense of being in a factory. The clinic is clean and the nurses are well prepared, but the receptionists and some phone ladies can be very rude and really impersonal...Katrina [nurse] is fantastic, empathetic, professional and really helpful and informative. The other nurses were also ok, but not all very helpful.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler is an expert in this field, but lacks the human touch that people who must rely to IVF want to see in a doctor. He did not respect my feelings nor my time as a patient. The first round of IVF was very much of a trial with a limited number of eggs retrieved and transferred before reaching the blastocyst stage. As I agreed to do PGS for the second round, I received much more attention and information by dr. Sandler although he was never so positive it would work (while it did).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
If you are looking for an empathetic doctor who is willing and able to listen, explore other options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler monitoring visits were always very quick and i felt he treated me as an ignorant patient who was asking silly questions. He performed none of my retrieval or transfers as there have always been other (much nicer) doctors from RMA on duty when I was scheduled to retrieve/transfer. This was good for me, but I never appreciated having to stick to dr. Sandler for the monitoring part as he was definitely careless about the time patients were waiting in the waiting area. I had a 9 week miscarriage and booked a follow up appointment with him 4 weeks later at 10am to discuss the issue and way forward. Despite being the only person waiting in the waiting room and having an appointment, I was called in at 11am. Basically a full morning lost (I have a 9-5 job) with no apology whatsoever from his side, and a statement that my embryo didn't look good in the first place so there was no hope for it to survive (which was never mentioned to me before).
Katrina is fantastic, empathetic, professional and really helpful and informative. The other nurses were also ok, but not all very helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring rooms and machines were clean and well functioning. The main negative side was the lengthy wait, not only due to the number of people ahead of me, but due to dr. Sandler having one on one discussions with his fellows during monitoring hours which in one occasion resulted in making me (and other patients) wait 1.5 hrs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
I have a lifetime coverage that was used fully for 2 rounds of IVF. My extras included about 7000+ for medication, 2000 for freezing, and 3000 PGS.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he [Dr. Stein] suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
[The nurses at RMA of New York] are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!...Monitoring is from 7am-8:30am everyday. If in a rush, get there by 6:50, but they always have two doctors there, so you are usually in and out within 30 minutes if you show up later. There are always nurses there also if you need to meet with them...They only transfer one at a time at RMA. It is safer for both mother and fetus. They educate you on why.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is straightforward, honest, and gives you data based information. I did 3 IUI’s by choice (he told me there was a low percent chance they would work for me, but IVF felt too extreme for me to start with) that were unsuccessful. I then moved to IVF. My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Stein’s team is very personable, gives you same-day phone calls with updates after bloodwork and appointments, and are in constant contact.
3 IUI’s—Clomid then IUI’s which did not work (he has said they have a very low percent chance of working for me but I did them by choice.) 1st retrieval—GonalF and Menopur 2nd retrieval—estrogen patch priming, gonal F, menopur. The estrogen priming seemed to make a big difference for me. Implant: estrogen and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie (coordinator), Eleza and Krista (Nurses))
They were AMAZING! They are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: brilliant doctors and their teams, communication is amazing, space is clean, staff is friendly, open 364 days a year. Weakness: Your doctor might not do your retrieval and IUI’s. If doing IVF they will do your implant and pregnancy ultrasounds. Must go to Eastside office on weekends and it’s crowded—get there early!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our second retrieval we paid out of pocket, almost everything else (including all meds for the whole process) were covered by insurance. We probably spent 15K-ish.

31 Eggs Frozen
From the first consultation throughout the entire 2 egg freezing cycles I did, Dr. Flisser was extremely professional, took the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had, and he had a very warm bedside manner...He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office [of RMA of New York] during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention...does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
31 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is an amazing doctor!! One of the best I have ever been to!! I feel very grateful that he was assigned to me! He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
He is extremely intelligent and will give you good advice based on research and up to date knowledge on fertility practice, so do not hesitate to ask any questions you have.
For both cycles, I was given the same protocol. : Follistim, Ganirelex, and Menopur were the main stimulation medications. Lupron and Pregnyl were the trigger shots.
The nursing staff at RMA are awesome! Very organized, respond promptly to any concerns, and very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've read in other reviews that RMA runs like an oiled machine and they are spot on with that! RMA team are very efficient and the process ran so smoothly. Everyone I dealt with was nice. The office/waiting rooms especially in Manhatthan can get crowded, however, I never felt that I nor my needs were not important- I always felt I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I live on Long Island so did majority of monitoring appointments at Long Island office (Garden City) which is brand new and very pleasant!! My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention.
My one disappointment is that RMA does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
+ Read more- Read less

5 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
[Dr. Kim Thornton] rarely made herself available to speak with me regarding medication questions and concerns I had. I found her to be detached, inconsiderate, and lacking in empathy...When I asked her about some of the emerging trends in medical journals regarding new treatment approaches for women my age she was not aware of them. I do not believe she fully evaluated my prior protocols to appropriately consider making modifications as she insisted on continuing with a treatment protocol that had failed twice.
I was covered by insurance for my treatments and medications (which was confirmed in advance by their billing department), however RMA still required me to pay $2000 (just in case)...I felt most times I was in the office for monitoring that I was part of a cattle-call. they also overcharge patients and are very slow to reimburse for overcharges...The nursing staff treated patients like cattle. It was very difficult to get them on the phone to answer questions or request information.
5 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton lacks both compassion and apparent scholarship. When I asked her about some of the emerging trends in medical journals regarding new treatment approaches for women my age she was not aware of them. I do not believe she fully evaluated my prior protocols to appropriately consider making modifications as she insisted on continuing with a treatment protocol that had failed twice. She did not listen to my needs or concerns as a patient and made me fel very devalued. She lacked a signifcant degree of compassion for my unique circumstances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Consider choosing a more scholarly, engaged and empathetic Provider. Dr. Thornton is none of these.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton rarely made herself available to speak with me regarding medication questions and concerns I had. I found her to be detached, inconsiderate, and lacking in empathy
Describe the protocols Kim L. Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
She kept my doses very high of Follistim (from prior two cycles) despite my asking for an adjustment. She also added additional Menopur and LEtrozole over the amounts used in my prior cycles. I suggested that she was over-medicating me she did not heed my concerns. I ended up developing very three large follicular cysts which were atretic (like my prior two cycles) and her other follicles failed to grow after a certain point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When you leave RMA you have the lingering sense of "quantity over quality." I felt most times I was in the office for monitoring that I was part of a cattle-call. they also overcharge patients and are very slow to reimburse for overcharges.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As previously mentioned it was an extensive cattle-call. Medical Assistants were also not very adept at venipuncture nor did they listen to my specific requirements which resulted in multiple punctures (more than 5 on one occasion)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York.

Dr Flisser was very responsive during all of my treatment cycles. Always available to answer any questions and very prompt as well. He gives you a realistic idea of what to expect during the process and was also available to answer questions even after I had transferred care to my OB at 8 weeks gestation. Very caring and knowledgeable... We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF
The doctors [at RMA NY] are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please see prior answer. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He has remained responsive through the whole treatment process and even after. Gives realistic expectations. Would definitely recommend him
Trust him. If you have questions don’t hesitate to ask as he is very open and responsive to answering them.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF which worked on the first cycle for us. Never did he push us to go one way or the other but rather always gave us our options and allowed us to chose
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney )
Great staff and very prompt in calling back with test results
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctors are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already. Specifically Destiny C from their collections department called me saying I would be sent to collections for the amount and I called my insurance and found out The bill was paid by them and they I was being illegally charged for it
Cycles covered by insurance. Had to pay few thousand for medications and for anesthesiologist and genetic testing
Happy to have had single embryo transfer as multiples could have led to a complicated pregnancy

2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I only saw Dr Grunfeld during the initial consultation on how I wanted to proceed with my frozen eggs. He seemed somewhat indifferent during the discussion.... He didn’t seem particularly thorough compared to other fertility doctors I have seen, nor did he seem compassionate... That said, my bigger problems were with the clinic [RMA of NY], which made numerous mistakes during the process...but should go back to better doctor oversight
I don’t say this lightly, but truly feel the clinic [RMA of NY] is just trying to make money and doesn’t have the patients best interest in mind.... Having been to 2 other clinics previously,this was by far the worst experience. Communication was non-existent to terrible. I had to do intramuscular shots - no one showed me how to do them, just sent a video link. The video was inaccurate, which caused me to incorrectly administer the shots and caused extreme pain at the injection site.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I only saw him to use eggs that had been previously frozen by RMA (with a different doctor that had left the practice). He didn’t seem particularly thorough compared to other fertility doctors I have seen, nor did he seem compassionate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
The clinic as a whole felt like they are just a money making machine and don’t care about patient results. I only saw Dr Grunfeld during the initial consultation on how I wanted to proceed with my frozen eggs. He seemed somewhat indifferent during the discussion. That said, my bigger problems were with the clinic, which made numerous mistakes during the process...but should go back to better doctor oversight (eg, forgot about prescribing and telling my husband to take antibiotics before giving his sample - luckily we have been through this enough at other clinics that we knew to ask)
Having been to 2 other clinics previously,this was by far the worst experience. Communication was non-existent to terrible. I had to do intramuscular shots - no one showed me how to do them, just sent a video link. The video was inaccurate, which caused me to incorrectly administer the shots and caused extreme pain at the injection site. I called immediately and was just told to do it the same way the next night and a nurse would show me next time I was in the office. I could barely walk for days due to this. When I complained later, I was told that they knew the videos weren’t right and were remaking them. Additionally they forgot to prescribe and tell my husband to take antibiotics the night before they needed his sample. Luckily we caught the mistake and asked about it.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I don’t say this lightly, but truly feel the clinic is just trying to make money and doesn’t have the patients best interest in mind. Compared to other places we have been, I can’t come up with a single strength for this place
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.

Dr. Thornton is smart and thoughtful. She did take the time to get to know me and my priorities. That said, I don't think she shared enough medical information with me - why she was making the decisions she did and what various risks and side effects were along the way.... Diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea so directed to go straight to IVF given my desire to get pregnant. Given only Menopur on my retrieval cycle, which I've heard is normal with HA. Transfer medication included oral estrace,
Convenient locations [RMANY] and streamlined processes. You are 1 or 1,000. Specialized care and extra time for treatment is not really possible. Overall all doctors are professional, but it is frustrating when you don't really feel that they've had time to read your file....My coordinator was very sweet, but often had no idea what part of my cycle I was in. I had to correct her multiple times, many on important things, like the prescriptions she was calling in.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is smart and thoughtful. She did take the time to get to know me and my priorities. That said, I don't think she shared enough medical information with me - why she was making the decisions she did and what various risks and side effects were along the way. I started treatment when I was 32 - she basically told me I could or could not do PGS testing given my age. 4 transfers later with 2 miscarriages (1 ectopic) and 2 failed transfers I am frustrated that little was changed from cycle to cycle and we were encouraged to make other changes (such as PGS testing or supplemental changes).
She is great within RMA, but RMA has a million patients. If you are meeting the standard protocol, she is great, but may be less so with special cases.
Dr. Thornton personally called me many times and I know she truly cared about my outcome. That said, RMA is a huge clinic so she only had so much time to dedicate to an individual patient.
Diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea so directed to go straight to IVF given my desire to get pregnant. Given only Menopur on my retrieval cycle, which I've heard is normal with HA. Transfer medication included oral estrace, estrace patch and progesterone shots. After first pregnancy resulted in ectopic they added a baby aspirin. Only other change was in my fourth transfer, taking 1 dose of estrace vaginally to increase the thickness of my lining.
I had a few nurses call me most frequently. They were nice and very professional, but not very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Convenient locations and streamlined processes. You are 1 or 1,000. Specialized care and extra time for treatment is not really possible. Overall all doctors are professional, but it is frustrating when you don't really feel that they've had time to read your file.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Madison office is a nightmare. They often opened late at the Downtown facility, but the staff there is great.
Covered by insurance. Probably paid $2K out of pocket.
Describe Kim L. Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I wish the rationale (eSET) had been explained to me more BEFORE my treatment. I think given my weight they considered it far too risky to have twins or other multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

We sought out Dr. McAvey as a second opinion for our situation. We had been told at our previous clinic that IVF was our only option, which was so painful and stressful. After that failed, we brought all this info to her, and she really went through the paperwork, listened, and brought up her own concerns, such as cancer history of the family. She even agreed that IUI was an option for us. I'm currently still in treatment, but even if something wasn't progressing the way it should have Dr. McAvey immediately tried something different and it paid off. Even if this cycle doesn't result in a pregnancy, we plan on continuing to see her for future treatments.
]Even if there is a wait [at RMA of New York] you feel relaxed and calm. When you are speaking with the Doctor or the staff, you are given the attention and time you deserve...Olga is the nurse practitioner of the office. She is not as warm as the rest of the staff, but she is very professional. She's thorough when she explains things and always called me after my appointments to make sure I was aware of the new meds or the time to take my trigger shot, and to let me know she sent my prescriptions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with your questions and concerns. Make sure, to be honest, that way she can give you the best course of treatment. And if it's a quick monitoring appointment, don't hesitate to stop her before she leaves the room to ask/express any concerns.
From the moment I walked into the office, it was totally different than what I had dealt with prior. Even if there is a wait you feel relaxed and calm. When you are speaking with the Doctor or the staff, you are given the attention and time you deserve.
Because of my family history with cancer, Dr. McAvey insisted that I get my yearly mammogram (which I hadn't done in a couple of years) before starting me on any stimulating meds. We started the IUI with Letrozole. I had 3 consecutive appointments where no growth was occurring, so she switched me to Clomid in hopes to get the growth we needed to proceed with the insemination. The second check-up after the Clomid showed a handful of matured eggs. She said I was ready, so we then administered my trigger shot which was Ovudrel. Only 2 bloodwork needed the whole treatment. Still awaiting the insemination.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Other than a phone issue a few times, the office itself is very clean, organized, and relaxing. The staff is also very nice. The front desk staff is amazingly calm and soft-spoken(even if they are actually stressed out). The only weakness I would say at this point is the hours. They close by 3:30 pm and they are only open from Monday through Friday (Garden City location), but they do have other locations that have weekend hours. It's just a bit further out of our way as we travel from Queens.
They have packages, so for a Letrozole or Clomid IUI cycle, I paid $700. I had to pay for the medication separately. The package price included all monitoring visits and bloodwork as well as the insemination.
We have not discussed this yet, as I am not planning IVF.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The offices of RMA are quite busy, as they take a number of insurance plans. While the monitoring feels busy, we feel taken care of, all questions answered, and a thorough approach to our care takes place when we are one on one with all doctors, nurses, as well as other office staff.... I think they have all been so kind, thorough and supportive through the process. The have all communicated very well, and even when I have called the offices (what I feel like is) 100 times,
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich has a very calm demeanor when explaining our treatments and outcomes. We have appreciated this about her. She has been thoughtful in her approach, and gentle when we have received not-so-great news. She is proactive in making adjustments in treatments, and has taken the time to explain all steps and answer even the smallest of questions. She uses research to back-up her rationale for each treatment approach, and thoughtfully explains each decision without hesitation.
Allow her to explain her rationale for various treatment approaches, and remember to ask all questions. She feels like a wealth of knowledge, and when you ask questions, she can provide you with so much reassurance with her treatment decisions.
The offices of RMA are quite busy, as they take a number of insurance plans. While the monitoring feels busy, we feel taken care of, all questions answered, and a thorough approach to our care takes place when we are one on one with all doctors, nurses, as well as other office staff. Dr. Lekovich has called us to explain the outcome of both of our retrievals, and has taken the time to elaborate on changes to future cycles, and any changes I can personally make in future retrievals.
1. Antagonist protocol, with menopur, gonal and cetrotide for my first IVF cycle 2. Flare protocol with lupron, gonal, menopur for my second, as I only produced 8 follicles for my 1st try, resulting in 0 healthy embryos, it as decided that this protocol should produce more follicles. This only produced 7 follicles, however, resulted in 0 healthy embryos.
I love them. I think they have all been so kind, thorough and supportive through the process. The have all communicated very well, and even when I have called the offices (what I feel like is) 100 times, they are always so so patient and understanding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic treats a lot of women-mostly because they take a great amount of health insurance plans-which is excellent. While there are so many people present for monitoring and appointments, I feel very taken care of when I am the patient in the chair being seen. All of my questions have been answered and all staff, doctors and nurses have all been helpful, supportive and empathic during the process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Great! Easy location-and they are quick, in and out within 15 minutes.
I have thankfully thus far had insurance coverage for most of my treatments- IUIs approximately $400 each, and IVF retrieval cycles were $7000 including medication.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
When we spoke to Dr. Sekhon, she was warm and informative and great. But we rarely spoke to her unless we emailed to reach out proactively.... Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).... Visit the downtown office in Soho if you want to see her. You need to actively email her and set up a call to really gain clarity.
RMA is a factory and we are all just a number. There is no link between IVF coordinators and finance which resulted in miscommunication between them to me, and I had to pay for my first cycle out of pocket as we were still waiting for insurance approval. There have been other instances where a nurse called and told me to "take the trigger tonight, and see you on Sunday for the IUI" without mention of timing for either!
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We really like Dr. Sekhon when we speak with her, but it's rare. Our issue is mainly with RMA and how its run and the human error that occurs with the nurses on an almost regular basis. Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).
First protocol was Gonal F + Menopur + Microdose Lupron which resulted in 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 sent for PGS. Second protocol included estrogen patch + Gonal F + Menopur which resulted in 2 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 fresh transfer.
Our lead IVF coordinator was amazing. But the nurses that called with information each time after a morning monitoring were sometimes not clear with instructions / next steps.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Can be a long wait but it's pretty expected so not a huge issue
approx 14k per ivf cycle not including meds
RMA does not practice multiple embryo transfer (or at least it was not an option given to me, although in conversations after my failed transfer, Dr Sekhon said she would petition to their board to consider a multiple embryo transfer with my history)
+ Read more- Read less

From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment....I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I truly cannot express how wonderful Dr. Flisser was. He made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. He always kept my husband and I in the loop, explaining what was happening, what he was doing, what the next steps were, and what we could expect. As a scientist myself, I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand. He had such a calm, reassuring demeanor that I knew I didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING—all I had to do was take my medications as prescribed and show up when scheduled and Dr. Flisser and the RMA team would ensure that everything would work out.
CHOOSE DR. FLISSER! I can’t imagine there being a better doctor for IVF (or fertility treatment more generally).
From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment. Every time he walked into the examination room I felt cared for and felt that he was truly invested in getting the best outcome for me—not just to improve his numbers, but because he seemed to actually care. I NEVER felt as if I were just a number or part of some fertility factory when in Dr. Flisser’s care (or when interacting with anyone at RMA).
Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Menopur, cetrotide, and follistim during egg retrieval. Lupron trigger. Progesterone (once daily) and estradiol (3 times daily) prior to, during, and after transfer. Results: 13 eggs harvested, 9 embryos created, 5 embryos available for transfer after genetic testing. I never really felt any “different” on any of the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
All of the nurses were great. They promptly called me every morning or early afternoon with my results and instructions and took the time to carefully explain everything and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When selecting RMA, I noticed that some of the their reviews and feedback online described it as a factory. This was not my experience at all. Everyone there was incredibly nice, patient, and professional. The blood team always was so kind and sweet, giving me there warm wishes that everything would work out for me. The clinic could not have been nicer. Although it was busy at times, that is something you just have to accept as part of the process. I was never there more than an hour during screens, and on average I was there for a half hour. I truly cannot think of any weaknesses of the clinic. Every doctor I met would incredibly smart and had a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. Each monitoring visit lasted between 20-60 minutes, depending on when I showed up and how busy it was. 60 minutes was extreme, and only happened maybe once or twice out of dozens of visits.
Around $7,000
Dr. Flisser recommenced single embryo transfer because it is safer for mother and baby.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Kimberly Thornton] sent me to different tests and has never explained or discussed the results...It has been a very difficult experience. She is not thorough and will let things fall through the cracks...Her one-way, broad-brush approach does not suit a patient with special medical conditions...During the ultrasound, you have to ask for folical number and sizes...not value evidence-based treatment...The one-direction, the general approach is a waste of everyone's time and money.
The biggest problem or RMA is communication. There is no patient portal and you can only get partial verbal information from a phone call from a nurse. RMA does not provide a consistent treatment procedure. The experiences are very different based on your doctor and nurse...For IUI, RMA took bloodwork on Day 3 and will send an email to let you know when to come in for ultrasound and trigger shot and the date for IUI. During the ultrasound, you have to ask for folical number and sizes. RMA does not share that information by default. Nurse
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She sent me to different tests and has never explained or discussed the results. RMA does not provide a patient portal system and she does not share all the test results, not mention to review them or responds to them. It has been a very difficult experience. She is not thorough and will let things fall through the cracks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
If you are under 35-year old, lucky and healthy, it might be OK to work with Dr. Thornton. If you are older and cannot waste your time, do not work with her. Her one-way, broad-brush approach does not suit a patient with special medical conditions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is warm and polite. However, the whole process is a one-way approach. She applies the same treatments and has never adjusted them based on the test results or previous failure cycle. She is not interested in increasing my odds but sales the treatment cycle one after another.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
The nurse plays a key role in IVF and IUI procedure. Melissa tends to ignore emails and has never clearly explained the procedure. She fails to communicate all of my test results or check my records. When she is on vacation, no one coves her duty. Things can easily fall through cracks. It is nerve-breaking to work with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
I pay co-pays and medication for IUI procedures.
Kimberley Thornton
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone.... He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action.
I think some of the nurses [RMA of NY] who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.... Jordyn was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action. He also has called me in response to an email I sent him once just to make me feel better. He clearly cares about his patients and wants them to succeed at having a healthy pregnancy.
Ask questions if he speaks too quickly or goes too fast -- I think sometimes he forgets it's new information to his patients but any time I've asked him to clarify or re-explain it's been no problem.
Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone. I never felt badly reaching out with extra questions and I always feel like they really care and are "in it" with me.
We did three IUI cycles with Femera, which he said was better than Clomid for patients like me with PCOS. We were also briefly on an antagonist protocol for IVF before it was cancelled due to a lead follicle. During that IVF treatment I was monitored every 2 days also because of my PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn B and Samantha M)
Every single nurse on Dr. Copperman's team has been fantastic. Jordyn Banks was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way - even giving me her cellphone number in case we had any urgent questions/concerns after hours. Samantha M is our IVF coordinator and was so detailed and organized from the get go and responds to e-mails immediately. I always felt like they were on top of everything at every turn.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think some of the nurses who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman has said he will only transfer 1 embryo at a time and that is fine with us.
+ Read more- Read less

Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He [Dr. Cooperman] has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.... Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.'
The strengths [of RMA NY] are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results.... The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.... If you got there by 8, it was easy. If you came at 8:30, there was a backup. The monitoring and blood draw was quick. Seeing a nurse could take time.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.
Ask for odds. The guy has an encyclopedic knowledge of how this works. We found knowing that one part of the process was less certain than others helped us manage expectations.
Due to false positive on a genetic test by our OB-GYN, by the time we found our way to RMA, we had already seen a host of other specialists including another big name fertility clinic. We were worried not only about our reproductive capacity but also my wife's future health. Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.' It took only a few days to rule out the impossibly rare combination of disorders previous doctors had assume my wife had from one botched test. From there, we engaged in routine IVF therapy, during which time we always felt like every doctor, nurse, counselor and administrator genuinely cared for us.
We did three retrieval cycles, each with a different third drug. The third cycle worked significantly better than the previous two.
There were two nurses, Leila and Jordyn, who we saw the most and were extraordinarily knowledgeable, kind and even somehow fun. Of course, over multiple cycles we might have seen a dozen nurses. All were good, but not all were great. Sure, that can be unnerving at sensitive times, but it's wasn't actually a problem. If ever something seemed off or an instruction was worded vaguely, we just called later in the day. A different nurse would take our call and help us clear it up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results. (We have an 11 day old son. And the pregnancy was totally uneventful in a good way.) The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
For nine months of care out of pocket expenses were about $40K but that includes pharmacy bills. We elected to do things in a manner that minimized our coverage, but costs would have fractional if we had followed the mandate of our insurer.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Thornton is great at following standard operating procedures, but doesn't provide a high quality of care. She is incredibly risk averse. I often felt I knew more about my course of treatment through internet research then what she was able to tell me. She doesn't seem to care about her patients and doesn't always follow through on what she describes as "next steps" in course of treatment. After 3 years, I feel like I can't trust her and have little confidence in what she says.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York]... Seems like there were a dozen and I spoke to a different person on the hotline every time. The nurse coordinating medications was so disorganized...Monitoring was awful. A room full of dozens of women waiting to be seen. Wait times were erratic. Sometimes it was 10 minutes, sometimes it was an hour and 10 minutes...During my treatment here, I have seen 5-6 different doctors. I understand it takes a team, but the number of people that I was bounced around to led to a horrible patient experience and low quality of care. When I had questions - people didn't have the answers because they didn't know my case and it took 3-5 phone calls to ever get a knowledgeable person on the phone.
How was your experience with Kim L. Thornton at RMA of New York?
Don't bother... find another doctor.
At RMA, expect to feel like a one of thousands of patients that are pushed through the system. You won't be allowed to speak to someone when you call. You won't actually see your doctor when you have an appointment. When you do manage to see your doctor, they will not follow through on what they said in previous appointments. If you have thoughts on your treatment, they won't listen.
The nursing staff... Seems like there were a dozen and I spoke to a different person on the hotline every time. The nurse coordinating medications was so disorganized. If I wasn't an organized intelligent and highly educated person... I wouldn't have had the medication I needed to continue with treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The phlebatomist is the only pleasant person who knows what she is doing and does it well. The receptionist is awful. She's cosntantly scowling and rude to patients. Her temperament would be better suited for someone who didn't have to interact with people. During my treatment here, I have seen 5-6 different doctors. I understand it takes a team, but the number of people that I was bounced around to led to a horrible patient experience and low quality of care. When I had questions - people didn't have the answers because they didn't know my case and it took 3-5 phone calls to ever get a knowledgeable person on the phone.
+ Read more- Read less

At the end of the day, my IVF procedure worked and I am pregnant. I transitioned to Dr. Sekhon from a doctor who left the clinic and the transition was messy and often fraught with bad communication and lack of compassion...she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email... treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
RMA doesn’t really allow the conversation of having more than one egg transferred OR discounting subsequent transfer cycles for patients under 35...At times in the process you can definitely feel that RMA is more concerned with their own stats than your individual patient case. They are rigid in their standards (which are top notch) but sometimes to a fault..The phlebotomist is really great at RMA! Also shoutout to Nurse Melissa who is lovely and often went above and beyond. I felt she explained things to me in a way doctor Sekhon was not capable of and always showed compassion. The coordinator, Jennifer, is sweet and was helpful but definitely inexperienced.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask all the questions- she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email.
Dr. Sekhon treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
I believe I did the antagonist protocol and had to do 13 days of shoes because my follicles took awhile to develop.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call and often created conflicts with work because they were completely inflexible. The front desk admin sent out bloodwork for the day multiple times before monitoring hours were over, leading to issues with same day results.
I had insurance coverage that was capped at $10k for lifetime maximum so paid a few thousand out of pocket at least . I was ultimately able to get my medications covered but only because someone from Glow suggested I fight for it.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I wish he [Dr. Sandler] was more open to trying new things...He is very busy yet always professional, he will explain procedures in technical details if you ask or care, and answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, he is very straight forward and not "a warm" person but that didn't bother me. What did bother me is that he only changed treatment once and it didn't work as well (not his fault) and the fact that he did not consider that other results maybe possible to attain due to my age. I am seeing another doctor for a second consult, but I do believe that Sandler and RMA do things by "the book", especially for AMA /DOR and don't like to take risks, or try new things. He is knowledgeable and will make decisions based on facts (ie blood tests to confirm if ovidrel shot is needed and such) but that is also a very cookie-cutter approach, one size fits all. Not sure if the results would have differed if one of the variables were changed, since that didn't happen. I wish he was more open to trying new things or Ill ask if he has a reason for sticking to the method he thinks works best (which is the medically expected program for DOR). My advice is to not be intimidated and ask as many questions along the way as you need.
admin staff [at RMA of New York] has been excellent with me, especially finance and clinical coordinator...uses a lot of staff to get in touch with their many patients - they do calls in the afternoon and leave voice mail messages and emails with instructions. Nurses are nice and very diligent; they follow up with the doctor and the coordinator if needed. Some are better (Katrina?) than the others, but overall they are nice,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Since I have not seen another doctor is hard to compare. Dr. Sandler to another one. He is very busy yet always professional, he will explain procedures in technical details if you ask or care, and answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, he is very straight forward and not "a warm" person but that didn't bother me. What did bother me is that he only changed treatment once and it didn't work as well (not his fault) and the fact that he did not consider that other results maybe possible to attain due to my age. I am seeing another doctor for a second consult, but I do believe that Sandler and RMA do things by "the book", especially for AMA /DOR and don't like to take risks, or try new things. He is knowledgeable and will make decisions based on facts (ie blood tests to confirm if ovidrel shot is needed and such) but that is also a very cookie-cutter approach, one size fits all. Not sure if the results would have differed if one of the variables were changed, since that didn't happen. I wish he was more open to trying new things or Ill ask if he has a reason for sticking to the method he thinks works best (which is the medically expected program for DOR). My advice is to not be intimidated and ask as many questions along the way as you need.
see previous, ask questions, ask why not.
It is a very efficient office that processes a lot more women you'd think need help - that has todo with personal expectations and it may be an indicator of RMA's success, but it does contribute to everything (calls, procedures, visits) being part of a schedule and always hurried.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I've done the standard DOR antagonist protocol, gonal f 300, menopur 2 vials for 4 days than increased to 3, with ganirelix once the leading follicle reached 16 mm, and ovidrel shot- Once we tried luptondown regulator that suppressed me too much so went back to antagonist with no birth control. out of 4 cycles, we are left with 2 pgs normal out of a total 12 embroys in 4 cycles. no changes to regimen was based on the fact that antagonist works best for DOR, estrogen has risen, and follicles were produced, yet the low results are to be expected due to aging
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
RMA uses a lot of staff to get in touch with their many patients - they do calls in the afternoon and leave voice mail messages and emails with instructions. Nurses are nice and very diligent; they follow up with the doctor and the coordinator if needed. Some are better (Katrina?) than the others, but overall they are nice,
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very busy clinic, lines and wait time can get long especially on the weekend when other RMA's office are closed. get there early for monitoring and be patient. Numbers bring strength too they get to see a lot of people and a lot of experiences, yet for DOR/AMA they have the same approach.IF you're new to this, get info before your first visit so you can ask questions that matter. Their admin staff has been excellent with me, especially finance and clinical coordinator.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
efficient, busy, could be really bad on the weekends- they are open almost 360 days out of 365 so thats a plus, but they are busy. location super convenient for me, and staff is helpful but busy
insurance paid some costs, and I ended up with most of it. it averages to $11-$12K when self pay and all included (isci,pgs etc)
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA only does ESet for ama
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Sandler seems to be very knowledgeable about his field and really cares about his patients. But his communication skills are a bit lacking. He seems to run the appointments with a clear formula in mind, most prominently considering what he thinks you need rather than answer your questions or listening to what your concerns are. We wouldn’t focus on the things that I wanted to talk about or I was concerned with but rather the things he thought we should be discussing.
RMA is a super organized clinic that has very clear processes in place to meet all patients’ needs. However they see huge volume of patients. What that actually means is you get your needs met but it is not by the same team, you see a different doctor each time, and sometimes this results in what feels like less personal care....There are all different nurses each day and at each clinic. They are all really nice and helpful. Some were more helpful in answering questions than others. I really liked the nurses at the Brooklyn clinic where I was receiving most of my monitoring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Do research on your own and come with specific questions you want answered, and don’t be shy to jump in and ask them. Otherwise he will just do his spiel. Don’t expect to see him more than once or twice, but the whole team at RMA is nice and supportive so you’re in good hands!
We did six IUI cycles over all. The first one was unmedicated and failed. The second one was unmedicated with the ovidrel trigger shot and failed. The third through sixth attempts were medicated with letrozole and ovidrel trigger shot, all of which failed as well. We are now in conversation about moving to IVF. Dr Sandler has suggested not doing PGT testing since he doesn’t think I’ll have enough embryos given my low AMH level.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The main strength is that this clinic was open on weekends and holidays which was a huge advantage because most of my IUIs ended up falling on weekends. They take the time sensitivity of these procedures seriously. However you see a different doctor every time as a result. Their success rates are also high but so are their prices.
I paid out of pocket because I don’t have coverage (really, because my insurance plan is homophobic!). I paid $305 for each IUI and sonograms and bloodwork was additional but my insurance covered those. Medications were not covered (about $60/month) and neither was donor sperm ($950/vial). We are now discussing costs of IVF.
I did not do IVF yet.
+ Read more- Read less

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained, Other
Dr. McAvey is a fast talker. She is warm and friendly. If you come in with a list of questions (you can prepare in advance and email her), she will respond to almost all of them. She listens to your ideas about protocol changes and will work with you to try to find the best results....RMA's standard is to do single ET, but we requested to do 2 embryos during one of our transfer cycles. They reluctantly complied with our request. Regardless, the result was negative anyway.
At times, it was difficult to get a straight answer from the clinic [RMA]. It is a well-oiled machine. Yet sometimes, you feel rushed during appointments (monitoring or consultations), phone calls, or other interactions. There was one week I had to call every day to get a call back regarding the IVF plan and ordering appropriate medications. Medications were ordered last minute before a trip and I nearly missed a cycle due to the poor response. I never got an apology for their carelessness/disorganization/lack of responsiveness.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Do some research - as people what questions you should ask her. Have all of your questions listed in advance. Do not be afraid to speak up for yourself (by asking questions and advocating for what you want).
At times, it was difficult to get a straight answer from the clinic. It is a well-oiled machine. Yet sometimes, you feel rushed during appointments (monitoring or consultations), phone calls, or other interactions. There was one week I had to call every day to get a call back regarding the IVF plan and ordering appropriate medications. Medications were ordered last minute before a trip and I nearly missed a cycle due to the poor response. I never got an apology for their carelessness/disorganization/lack of responsiveness.
We did 4 cycles with Clomid (some where cancelled due to cysts). Due to my response to Clomid (and my concerns about elevated risks for breast/ovarian cancers), we changed to Letrozole for IUI. We did 3 cycles of IUI. Since research does not show additional benefit after 3 cycles of IUI, we discussed moving on to IVF. We did 2 cycles, first using an antagonist-protocol, the second using an estrogen-priming antagonist protocol (which adjusts for my high estrogen levels early in the cycle). Both had a high number of oocytes retrieved, but poor egg maturation/embryo blastulation rates. After 2 retrievals, we did 2 transfers. Neither resulted in a pregnancy, so we did additional testing and I sought additional opinions to make sure we were not overlooking anything. The testing revealed my husband had a balanced translocation. To potentially improve my embryo quality for the 3rd retrieval we changed to back to an antagonist protocol using an additional Letrozole flair during treatment. However, that cycle was the least successful - 2 embryos after 1 week but PGS testing showed they were both abnormal. Dr. McAvey then had a frank conversation about what to consider going forward and encouraged me to seek other opinions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga & Anna)
Olga is cold, disorganized, provides inconsistent instructions to Dr. McAvey and Anna (for instance, she will say you have to take a HPT on Thursday instead of on Wednesday, she sometimes says incorrect medication dosage, she's not personable). In contrast, I saw Anna less frequently but she was always much more friendly and her instructions were more in line with Dr. McAvey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths - RMA clinical team includes financial resources (if you have insurance, they will do all of the calls for your benefits, bills, authorization for medications). All you have to do is call to authorize your insurance for the IVF benefit. They do have an organized system. However, at times that same organization is a detriment. RMA treats you like a number. On one of my retrieval cycles, a new Dr (I had never met before) did my retrieval. He barely introduced himself to me. Then after the procedure was done, I had to ask multiple times for Tylenol to treat the pain and for the oocyte count. In addition, the nurses rushed me out while I still felt groggy and confused from the anesthesia. On another visit, a transfer cycle - I requested to transfer 2 embryos. The dr. nearly bit my head off, he was nasty/short. It made the rest of the transfer an uncomfortable experience and hard to relax after.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First come, first serve. The LI office was usually quiet. There was a wait only a couple of times.
Insurance covered most. Copays for medications ranged from $20-$190

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. McAvey has been great to work with. The only thing I wish was that she was the one doing the retrievals and available during all of my monitoring appointments instead of sometimes the nurse doing the ultrasounds instead. ... Dr. McAvey has had great bedside manners, has taken the time to discuss next steps with me and go into detail answering the questions that I've had.
strength: doesn't make you feel like just a number, overall the employees [RMA of New York] are pleasant. weakness: if you need to do monitoring on the weekend, you'd need to travel into Manhattan. Egg retrieval and transfers are in Manhattan as well which can be inconvenient. ... The ladies at the front desk have all been pleasant. The nurse who does my blood draws has been very pleasant with me.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Not to expect to see her at every appointment.
I think they were the antagonist protocol. 1st retrieval was priming with birth control, and then 300iu Gonal F in the AM and 2 vials of menopur at night with a dose of micro dose lupron in the AM and PM. Menopur was adjusted during the cycle. Plus a trigger shot. 2nd retrieval was priming with estrogen patch and cetrotide, then was 200iu Gonal F in the AM and 2 vials of Menopur in the PM with cetrotide and two different trigger shots. 2nd retrieval was better, but embryo tested abnormal.
The nurse was fine. Doesn't give me as much detail on the follicle growth as the doctors do and isn't as personable, but she's fine otherwise. The IVF coordinator has been patient with me and answers all my questions in a timely manner. The ladies at the front desk have all been pleasant. The nurse who does my blood draws has been very pleasant with me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
strength: doesn't make you feel like just a number, overall the employees are pleasant. weakness: if you need to do monitoring on the weekend, you'd need to travel into Manhattan. Egg retrieval and transfers are in Manhattan as well which can be inconvenient.
IUI was about $1500 with monitoring (no insurance coverage) and IVF I believe was $23-28K with no insurance coverage.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Mukherjee is extremely client-oriented, pays attention to the individual patient and kindly explains the reasoning for suggested treatment. Provides options, discussed details and really wants to have his patient on board, feeling comfortable with the treatment decision. ... Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart.
The clinic [RMA of New York] is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. ... It [Monitoring appointments] was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. ... I mostly worked with Julie [nurse], who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Mukherjee offers a wonderful experience to his patients, as much as this is possible under circumstances. He works in concert with his nursing staff and I feel he tailors treatment to the specific and unique needs of every patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
You'll have a wonderful experience with this doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart. It was with his help and open, innovative approach, that I actually had a pregnancy for the first time in 3 years of trying (it was unfortunately lost to a miscarriage, but there was a pregnancy with my own eggs).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
All the nurses and care coordinators were truly. I mostly worked with Julie, who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. The waiting room could sometimes feel crowded but they have recently made significant improvements in the environment and also in the speed of service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. The staff were always helpful and one could see everyone was trying their best and communicating really with each other, which can give a lot of confidence to patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Some of the treatments were covered by my insurance but this had quickly run out. The costs were reasonable compared to other clinics fo the same category.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
n/a - this doctor did what was best for the individual patient with an intention to achieve positive results
Tanmoy Mukherjee
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Sekhon] really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. ... She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself.
Its [RMA of New York] small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. ... The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier. ... The nurses on Dr Sekhon's staff are great. They always call you right back. They are very informed and answers questions with ease.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is such a breath of fresh air compare to my last RE. She is kind, respectful, detailed in her responses and generally seems to care. She never makes you feel like you are a number. She really knows what she is talking about and is on top of all the latest studies and treatment options. She never just does something because that is just what is typically done. She really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. She has also been through IVF herself so she actually knows what her patients are going through physically and mentally. I cannot recommend her more.
Be completely open and honest with her. Tell her all the supplements you are taking, she will tell you which ones you actually need, unlike many who say you don't need to take anything. Ask her lots of questions in general. She will answer them all even if they seem ridiculous.
Dr Sekhon really takes the time to talk to you and work with you on your treatments. She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself. She just really gets it and understands its not just the infertility that needs to be treated, its also the anxiety that goes along with it. She works really hard to set your mind at ease. She doesn't sugarcoat, but she is also not cold and matter of fact like many RE's are.
We have only done one clomid iui cycle with her that was unsuccessful. We are currently on our second cycle of clomid and waiting for the iui. The first cycle Dr Sekhon prescribed clomid to us after blood work on CD3 then had me come back on cycle day 10 for a scan trigger shot and iui the next day. I did feel it was a little early, but I was seeing another dr in her practice that morning so didn't have a chance to discuss. I voiced my concerns and this round we are doing scans and blood work to make absolutely sure its the the right time to trigger. Dr Sekhon had absolutely no problem at all with tailoring the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. I have heard the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call, but I think that is true for just about every practice at the larger locations. The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier.
I haven't done IVF yet so I am not sure what the total cost is, but iui was $350.
She said because we already had one child she recommends one embryo transfer since we do not want to have more than 2 kids.

2016 - 2019
I have spoken with Dr. Mukherjee once every 6 months or so. ... Dr. Mukherjee conducted one out of 5 IUIs. ... Dr. Muhkerjee, when I did get a chance to meet with him has been very nice. When having phone consultations, things seem very rushed and he gave more directives than an opportunity to figure out what wasn't working. ... I was informed that my BMI was too high so I met with the nutritionist, who helped bring that down so I could take Clomid and have less of a risk of a heart attack with the lower BMI.
They have several offices that are clean and well maintained, which is a strength. They do not have a good communication system, there is no where to speak with the doctor directly. The nurses always call back if you have a question, which is fine for some things but sometimes you just need to talk to your doctor. ... I have met with my "primary nurse" about once since 2016 and when speaking to her on the phone, she comes off as very dismissive.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
One piece of advice, don't expect him to be the only doctor that you meet with at RMA of NY. I have had at least 4 different doctors perform my IUIs (I've had 5 to-date).
Dr. Mukherjee conducted one out of 5 IUIs. I mostly speak with whichever nurse gets my message, although I have been assigned one. I have spoken with Dr. Mukherjee once every 6 months or so.
I was informed that my BMI was too high so I met with the nutritionist, who helped bring that down so I could take Clomid and have less of a risk of a heart attack with the lower BMI. That's about all that I could remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie (Last name unknown))
I felt like the entire office runs more like a factory than a doctor's office. When being contacted by phone, it just is a list of things for me to do. Most of the time, things that did not work out, such as where to pick up my medication or timeliness of them putting the medication into the pharmacy. Some of the nurses seemed ok but you don't get an opportunity to know any of them well enough to build a trusting relationship.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They have several offices that are clean and well maintained, which is a strength. They do not have a good communication system, there is no where to speak with the doctor directly. The nurses always call back if you have a question, which is fine for some things but sometimes you just need to talk to your doctor. And when the nurse calls back, it may not be the same nurse each time. I have met with my "primary nurse" about once since 2016 and when speaking to her on the phone, she comes off as very dismissive. Another strength are the women that sit in the front, as they seem much more personable and help with the ease of checking out of the office after your visit.
My insurance does not cover IUI treatments and they quoted me a bundle cost of $700 per cycle. I had to call my insurance for clarification, as the "financial coordinator" that I was assigned provided my inaccurate information.
N/A at this time.
Tanmoy Mukherjee
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.

As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing.... I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.... I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
RMA is a great place. It has a good energy, there is never a long wait time, there is always tons of patients there. I think because it is a franchise, it definitely has more of a one size fits all approach. So if your case is complicated in anyway, I am not sure if this is the place.... My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing. That said, I definitely think he doesn't go into all of the details and is talented at making you just trust the process. I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Be prepared before your consult, but I think that applies to all doctor consults in this process. There are so many talented doctors in NY, you have to trust your intuition.
I am confident that RMA is a top-notch facility and Dr. Grunfeld is a great doctor. My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all. I had two embryos reach blastocyst and they discarded them based on their quality. I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Day 2 I began 5ml Lupron and 300 Follistim in the AM and 5ml Lupron and 150mg Menopur in the PM . I did that for 10 days until my trigger shot. My trigger was Ovidrel.
Organized, readily available, always returned calls, followed up after morning monitoring with emails to re-confirm the results of your monitoring and thus what dosages/meds to take.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient. No waiting, no stress, bloodwork, then ultrasound and then you are out the door and on to the rest of your day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
15,500 for a complete frozen cycle. My embryos did not qualify for transfer, so that was cancelled. So I received a 5,400 credit. Medication ranged about $3000-4000. I did one IUI and that was $700 plus $150 cost for trigger shot. They do offer package deals for multiple cycles.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Grunfeld believes in frozen transfers with single embryo post PGS testing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made....Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup.... Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther.
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA NY. They were organized, on the ball, and compassionate. I felt like they were on the top of their game and like I wasn't going to fall through the cracks... They are a well-oiled machine. Monitoring hours can get quite busy, but they are organized and it goes pretty quickly. They also have several other locations throughout NYC and you can go to any of those locations for monitoring during the week, which is nice.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther. it was reassuring to know that he was constantly reviewing my case, rather than applying a generic protocol
If you're looking for someone who is overly emotive or compassionate, he may not be for you. But he is a kind person and I felt that he was paying attention to me as a patient. Which is what mattered to me.
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup. He was on top of my cycle and was willing to make tweaks mid-cycle increase my success
Dr. Grunfeld had me prime with estrogren patches and Ganirelix before my cycle began, then I did 14 days of 300 Gonal -F and Menopure once my cycle started. He started me out on 2 amps of Menopure but eventually upped my dose to 3 in hopes of getting a better response. I also took Ganirelix for 4 days toward the end. I triggered with lupron and novarell. I'm 41 and developed 9 follicles between my two ovaries. He was happy with this.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA NY was very organized! I've been to other large clinics that operate in a similar way (eg factory style monitoring hours), but never felt the others were as organized and on top of things as RMA. They called my prescriptions in in a timely manner, were very detailed in their daily instructions and blood work results. I felt like I was taken care of. The only downside (which didn't bother me) is that it can get quite busy during monitoring hours. But because they are so organized, and have the s$!t together, it didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The total cost of treatment (not including meds) is about $15,000 for IVF plus ICSI
We haven't gotten this far yet.

4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this...He does not support doing multiple embryo transfers because of the risk of multiple gestation. This may not be the case for people with low quality embryos, but when we discussed it, he flat out said no. Only one embryo at a time.
I felt like sometimes I was not told specifics about protocols with my IVF cycle [at RMA of New York]. For example, we decided to go ahead with IVF in November, but the clinic does not do IVF in December, so we had to wait until January. But they still wanted me to come in to the clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle in December but no one told me this...Monitoring hours were quick and efficient, even when there were 30 people in the waiting room.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was a wonderful physician. He listened to our concerns, and answered all our questions without being condescending or rushed. He gave us his email after our first appointment, and any time I emailed him with questions, he responded promptly. He was very kind and supportive of our decisions throughout our fertility journey.
Utilize his email. The process of infertility treatments can mess with your head, so use his email when you have questions or concerns about any aspect of what's going on.
Dr. Klein was very open and kind. He gave us his email address on the day of our consultation and told us to contact him anytime with questions.
Dr. Klein and his team are very concerned about success rates for people trying to conceive as well as doing it in the safest way possible. They follow the newest and best protocols from research (and some of the research they do themselves at RMA). He started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer; Katherine)
We had an interesting time with coordinators because our first went out on medical leave in the middle of our retrieval cycle and no one told us. I had to email Dr. Klein to figure out why she hadn't emailed me back. I do not know the details of her leave, so I empathize that emergencies do happen, but I wish there had been better communication about it. The nursing staff overall were very nice. Because of my personal history with disordered eating and weight preoccupation, I do not like to know my weight when it is taken at the clinic. I asked to not be told, but the nurse thought it was a joke and was very lighthearted about it. I wish they had been a little more sensitive to what I was asking.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic in White Plains does not have rooms for male partners to provide samples. They expect you to provide a sample at home and then bring it with you to the clinic. It was awkward to say the least to go through that since we live almost 50 minutes away from the clinic. Otherwise, the space is fine. RMA overall gives military discounts, which I appreciate so much. Tricare (military insurance) does not cover IVF or any IVF medications, so it was a huge financial strain on us to do it. But with the discount, it made it much more affordable, and I appreciate them giving it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our insurance does not cover IUI or IVF, so it would have been close to $20,000 (including medications), but military personnel get a discount, so the cost was lower.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I saw Dr. Stein for a long time. He has a lot of patients. I needed to explain my backstory to him each time and felt he never knew or remembered who I was even after many IUIs and a couple IVF cycles...has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns. New Patient Advice
RMA is huge. I spoke with countless nurses. They were all competent and compassionate...a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns.
Don't expect to see him for monitoring or egg retrieval. Also if you are someone who does a lot of research and wants to be very informed consider someone else. If you want to not do a lot of research on your own and want follow the recommendations of a confident competent doctor, consider him.
Dr Stein always recommends a freeze all cycle with PGS testing and single embryo transfers. As a low responder, I decided this is not the treatment plan I want to follow and have since switched doctors.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is definitely a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
I had insurance but paid OOP for some services. I believe ICSI cost $2500 and PGS testing $1500.
Dr. Stein will only transfer 1 embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable.... He responds to emails within minutes, he’s aware of how we’re feeling and what’s important, and he’s very bright and knowledgeable. I trust him entirely with our care, and I believe our best interests are what’s most important to him.
RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments.... Marlene is friendly, warm, and thorough. I know she is good at what she does and I feel like I’m in good hands.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Expect efficiency. It may seems like he’s rushing at times, but if you have questions and concerns, he’ll answer them thoroughly. If you think of something later, he’s very reachable.
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable. Well-Oiled in the best way, and very bright.
My husband and I are currently waiting for my thyroid hormones to normalize before we begin our first cycle. I am unsure of what particular strategies and protocols are required, but I honestly trust his judgement while-heartedly. We will have to do the ICSI procedure due to medical necessity. Dr Klein’s people are in contact with our male fertility specialist, and this communication is so helpful so my husband and I don’t have to worry about being the messenger. Between our doctors, I know we’re in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Thorough care for my husband and myself. RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments. Staff training is very hands on, and RMA has obviously high standards in choosing employees.
Unsure of cost as our insurance covers these services.
We have not discussed this yet.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Lederman firmly believes in only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He also insists on only transferring PGS/PGD tested embryos...I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
The Westchester location [of RMA of New York] is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a great doctor. He's relatively warm and compassionate, but he's also realistic. He always sets expectations. I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
Write everything down, and ask him to repeat himself - he talks fast! Ask lots of questions.
Retrieval #1: Gonal-F in the morning, Menopur in evening. Cetrotide added 5 days before trigger. Dual trigger shot (HCG and lupron). 14 days of stims. Resulted in 20 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5, 4 PGS normal. Before first transfer: hysteroscopy - 2 small polyps and small adhesion removed. Transfer #1: BCP, estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #2: Next cycle after. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #3. RPL panel (negative), karyotyping (negative), saline sonogram (negative) biopsy (positive for endometritis). 2 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in negative. Transfer #4: 3 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in CP. Retrieval #2: Gonal-F in the morning, higher dose (than last time) or Menopur in the evening. Cetrotide added 6 days before trigger. Lupron trigger only. 15 days of stims. 19 eggs, 18 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5/6/7, 5 PGS normal, 1 inconclusive. Transfer #5: 12 days of birth control pills, 5 days overlapping with 10 units of lupron. Continued 10 units of lupron until light period arrived, reduced to 5 units. 3.5 weeks of lupron total. Estrodiol added 2x day, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in pregnancy starting with very low beta (37 at 9dp5dt) - currently 9+2 weeks.
Primary PA was easy to reach and quick to answer questions when she was at work. If she was out, I got calls with results from nursing staff I had never met.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester location is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient on weekdays at the Westchester location. Terrible cattle-call on the weekends at the Madison Ave location.
Insurance covered our IUIs and $10K or IVF, plus $10K of medications. RMA charged us the remainder. First 2 transfers were included in insurance cost. Each transfer after was $3500. Costs included bloodwork, ultrasounds, and monitoring appointments. Once we were paying out of pocket for IVF #2, the total cost included all appointments, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and 1 transfer. PGS is private pay, and any procedure (saline sonogram, biopsy) is charged to your insurance.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Dr. Lekovich] was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself [at RMA of New York]. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive...I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions
Latino, Prefer not to answer
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During the consultation she provided research information on the two options which she has provided us. She also referred us to a specialist for additional surgery/ second opinion and also provided us with research about treatment with out without the surgery. she was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive.
When i met with the Dr. she was kind and knowledgeable. During the consultation she has moments where she looked down and did not make eye contact, looked like she was trying to formulate her thoughts and was kind of distracted. So it was hard to see where she was going with non verbal body language. I thought she was checked out from our visit and wanted the visit to somewhat end earlier than expected. I was happy with the answers which she provided us, i just felt that eye contact would have made me feel more confident in her answer and knowing that took this visit just as seriously as we did.
I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I went to the Brooklyn clinic as it is smaller compared to the other locations and that is primary location for the MD. I liked that its a smaller office and staff and it doesn't make you feel like you're another number.
I had medical insurance and had an office visit and some testing done in the office. I did not do any treatment.
MD wanted 1 embryo transferred and i was inquiring about multiple. I explained why multiple and she dismissed it and explained her reasoning. She also reported that I am young and dont need to worry about doing treatment.... I wish she would have explained reasoning for 1 embryo vs.2 and to explain it deeper (in regards to my previous treatments/diagnosis). I felt it was very one sided on that decision and i was uncomfortable with her approach to that.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him...We did a normal range of tests and then tried 2 IUIs before I had to switch practices for insurance purposes...I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed.
I only dealt with the nursing staff [at RMA of New York] for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate...I wasn't comfortable in the huge waiting room where I felt like I might run into people I know; I wish they offered some private areas. Dr. Copperman's coordinator's were really kind and available. I appreciated that. Any staff member I interacted with was compassionate and considerate. I felt like I could ask questions, and also, I felt like I could reach a real person when I needed to. It was as pleasant as dealing with infertility could be.
European, Other
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him.
Ask all the questions you have. He's very helpful and willing to spend time with you.
Dr. Copperman was extremely warm and compassionate. I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed. I was very comfortable speaking with him. The only reason I switched doctors was for insurance purposes, and I actually went back to consult with him a year later. He was wonderful and offered all the help he could.
I only dealt with the nursing staff for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I had some insurance coverage in the beginning (when I saw Dr. Copperman) and so part of my fees were covered by insurance. I think the out of pocket cost for a visit was $305.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.

I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal...He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
The organisation at the clinic [RMA] is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off...$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo...having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Very knowledge and I felt 100% confident in his abilities. He is very fixed on his way which seems to work. He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
Talk about the risks of multiple cycles to your body? Having had 8 cycles I do worry that I'd doing long term damage to myself. Also PGS - is it really really worth it? What if you're throwing away good embryos - what is the risk of that?
Direct but honest and caring
Antagonist for 2 cycles. I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam M)
The organisation at the clinic is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinical strength of the team and also having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient but it is a cattle call and horrible on the weekend when everyone decends on this clinic. I hated that
$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo which is very reasonable)
1 as we only had 1 at this clinic so wasn't an option to transfer more
+ Read more- Read less

As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs..Due to only getting two embryo's to blast after being PGD/PGS tested both embryo's came back normal and without the genetic factor. eSET was recommended due to the limited amount of PGS/PGD normal blasts we had and we did not want to potentially loose both of them in a multiple embryo transfer and be left with nothing.
RMA has a great selection of Dr's and great team of personnel who is personable and caring during your Infertility treatments. I was treated like a person and not a number at all the stages of my IVF journey and at each clinic I visited for monitoring/retrieval/transfer...Martha [nurse] was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a wonderful, kind and understanding Dr. who focused solely on our infertility issues at hand and remained positive and provided encouragement when outcomes didn't go in our favor. He was always available for a phone call and always responded to my emails at all times of the day and on weekends. I always had a lot of questions and concerns and he was always there to calm me down and assure me that everything was ok. His communication skills and ability to make you feel like a person and not another infertility statistic is his top strengths as a doctor. Through his positive support and perseverance we were able to achieve a favorable outcome and a successful transfer in October 2018. Our miracle baby Girl was born in July 2019 and we owe all our success to him!
Trust his plan of action! I was skeptical at first, but he knows what is best for every individual case!
Dr. Lederman was very personable and caring during my IVF treatment. He was always available to talk and emailed me back promptly with any questions or concerns that I had. He was extremely supportive of my infertility case and due to being a genetic carrier and undergoing PGD/PGS embryo testing, he was very positive that we would achieve a favorable outcome!
As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs. Dr. Lederman increased the use of Menopur and Gonal F after the first round yielded only a few eggs. On my third round I produced 2x the amount of eggs from my first round and two of the embryo's made it to the blast/frozen stage and were sent for PGD/PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy)
Martha was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7am-9:30am. I was able to go in before work and complete monitoring before my work day started.
Costs were covered by our Insurance plan.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Lederman] was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner...there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York], because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered...Strengths: always on time for appointments...Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was clearly a very knowledgeable doctor. He was very professional and demonstrated good bedside manner. The reason I decided to change clinics was because I was still hopeful that I could be successful with pregnancy through IUI's and there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
I would say it was in between. He was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner. However, although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours, because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered.
We first began with "timed intercourse" which consisted of trigger shots and monitoring. It was a little under a year of my husband and I TTC, which was still a little early, but he seemed understanding and very willing to assist us. We did two of those, followed by a round with letrozole. Followed by 3 rounds of "timed intercourse" we moved on to 4 IUI's with letrozole, trigger shots, and of course monitoring.
Very professional and caring
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: always on time for appointments and doctors perform ultrasounds Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
Co-pay each time