Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2015, Unsuccessful
I met with Dr Sandler after a natural miscarriage, at first he did a sonogram, didn't suspect any issues there, ordered me a HSG and day 3 blood work and said since I am young he's pretty sure there's nothing to worry about. after my day 3 bloodwork he had a nurse tell me that I have diminished ovarian reserve and shes so sorry. i had to wait 3 weeks until he would see me to discuss options. at 28 he basically said my body is a 40+ year old woman and it would be difficult to get me pregnant, but no big deal, i could use donor eggs. No compassion. As i sat there crying he kept saying donor eggs are a great option.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
he was going to do a long antagonist protocol. i didnt move forward with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
the nurse showed compassion. I really didnt deal with them much since i switched clinics after the diagnosis.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I really just didnt care for the Doctor, the way he went about giving me my diagnosis.
Benjamin Sandler

2022, Consult
Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich]. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
N/a the [RMA of New York] clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] and I did not get that from this one at all...Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Avoid at all costs
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Horrible horrible bedside manner
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
N/a the clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor and I did not get that from this one at all
Brooklyn

one on one, he's [Dr. Copperman] fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work...Know that hes a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention....the whole process [at RMA] is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
the whole process is extremely impersonal [at RMA =- East Side]. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter...Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc...Know that hes [Dr. Cooperman] a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
one on one, he's fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
the whole process is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
do not remember
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc
Alan Copperman

2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Very blunt. Was eager for me to start IVF right away after two miscarriages (naturally conceived). failed to mention that they were genetically normal. Misled us.
RMA is a factory. I wouldn't recommend it... Only go if you want IVF... don't expect personal care.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Only go if you want IVF
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
RMA is a factory. I wouldn't recommend it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
it's a factory with lots of people so don't expect personal care.
Lawrence Grunfeld

2020, Unsuccessful
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number).... If following the herd and approaching medicine with standardized approaches doesn't bother you, then Dr. Thornton is a good fit because she explains things quickly and will get you started quickly. But if you'd like a more customized approach, or an approach that does not leave any health issues out, then you're better off somewhere else.
This place [RMA of New York] is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.... Disorganized (maybe due to Covid, but that seems to be everyone's line), things were missed, and getting the results is a total pain.... The lady who took my blood was great! She was caring. However, everyone else was hard to track down. Gave fuzzy information. And never called when they said they would.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
If you have an easy issue, I am sure Dr. Thornton will be a good match. For me, it didn't work out because I felt a lot of things were really haphazard. My PCOS was not detected by her team (which should be been able to be seen from bloodwork). It also really bothered me that there was no portal to receive results. You are at the mercy of her team of nurses and they all overburdened.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number). Clomid (which was the standard that Dr. Thornton prescribed) should not be prescribed for people who have PCOS and PCOS was indicated in my blood results.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
5 days of clomid (dose was double what it should have been) + 1 ovidrel shot + 1 IUI. Clomid should not be prescribed for PCOS. Triggers OHSS. Originally, my husband and I had come to her for sperm issues, but after taking a whole round of clomid, it was discovered that I have hypothyroidism. What was not detected was PCOS.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This place is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
This is a hilarious question. I have yet to reach the finance team (4 attempts so far). I am expecting some ridiculous bill that will come out of no where.
Kimberley Thornton
NY - Downtown
Although she [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment...new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change...I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation...I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
[Nurse at RMA of New York] Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery...there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had...Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times...lack of privacy for blood drawing...always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Although she was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment after new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change. Being that I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation. And this didn’t happen and I ended up having a negative pregnancy test.
This is not only for this doctor but for all fertility doctors. As a patient do your home work. If you feel that you need to do further testing or you’ve gotten results that maybe slightly hamper your outcome. Don’t rush into the transfer cycle until you have all the facts or the issue has been rectified.
I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Anatagonist protocol. No birth control. Call with first flow of m’entras cycle. Started on day 3 Gonal F and monitoring every 3 days. Day 5 nurse instructions for meds. Cetrotide depending on how my body reacted to Gonal F and Menopur. Lupron/HCG shot before egg retrieval date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery. She was there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times. Due to this patients Seoul’s either be in the hallway or standing in the office. Also lack of privacy for blood drawing. Didn’t bother me but some people it might have. The clinic was always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered the first and only cycle (1 in a lifetime). Didn’t make it to transfer. So had to pay for everything else until the transfer on my second cycle. Can’t remember the exact cost.

2022, Unsuccessful
When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor...
Great clinic [RMA of New York] although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with…When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Overall, I think Dr Jackson Bey was kind and professional, but unfortunately she completely misdiagnosed me. I was told I would have to do IVF because of FHA. When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor. Thank god I got a second opinion. I have PCOS based on polycystic ovaries and anovulation, something I am still not sure how a reputable doctor could miss. I urge everyone to get a second opinion. I got pregnant with my first round of letrozole with another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Huge facility, but very kind staff
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Great clinic although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with……………..
Tia Jackson-Bey
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] was very informative and was very nice to us and respectable. Unfortunately he did not direct perform any procedures and the location we were sent to have our IUIs done treated us like just a number...When i wasnt getting pregnant, he adjusted my routine and then switched me to letrozole which then produced me with a positive test.
Wonderful doctors and [RMA of New York] offices but none of them perform the actual inseminations. They send you to manhattan in the middle of downtown with nightmare parking and send you to the business office where they treat you like a number...[nurses are] Friendly and knowledgeable...The consults and check ups felt intimate but for each insemination i was sent to another location where they treat you like a number
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was very informative and was very nice to us and respectable. Unfortunately he did not direct perform any procedures and the location we were sent to have our IUIs done treated us like just a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Make sure you ask where and who will be doing the procedure. They don't inform you until after the fact that its all done in separate location
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was young and healthy so they wasn't to much of a strategy just clomid to control ovulation and sync it according to IUIs scheduling. When i wasnt getting pregnant, he adjusted my routine and then switched me to letrozole which then produced me with a positive test.
Friendly and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Wonderful doctors and offices but none of them perform the actual inseminations. They send you to manhattan in the middle of downtown with nightmare parking and send you to the business office where they treat you like a number
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
I was covered 60% through insurance the rest was billed
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester
I had a great first impression. I felt that he [Dr. Stein] really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation...He will only allow single and he picked the embryo...[new patient advice] Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
They [RMA of NY staff] really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats...[cost] about 6k out of pocket...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I had a great first impression. I felt that he really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate. I truly feel that a women is best when going through something like this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation. I was always billed wrong or told the wrong things from the teeny bopper coordinators they have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
I absolutely love Eliza, she is warm, compassionate and understanding. I absolutely adore her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
about 6k out of pocket
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He will only allow single and he picked the embryo.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Stein is knowledgeable and a straight-shooter. I appreciated that he shared his opinion and recommendations on my IVF decisions and personally answered any questions I had in our consults and over email. I highly recommend Dr. Stein if you are looking for clarity and don't need to be coddled. My fertility journey is over, thank goodness, but I find myself missing Dr. Stein's wry sense of humor. I kind of wish he were my OB!...
RMA's paperwork isn't all that clear...Take good notes during your meetings...My nurse was very friendly and accommodating, but I often felt like I was the one keeping the records, not her...I'd have to remind the clinic to order tests and send in prescriptions that were specifically requested by my doctor and nurse. Everything always turned out fine, but I felt like I needed to stay on top of my protocol in order to double-check the clinic's work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Take good notes during your meetings with Dr. Stein, because RMA's paperwork isn't all that clear.
Dr. Stein asked personal questions and got to know me, my partner, and my family—all information that he included in his treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I forgot most of the protocols, but after three rounds of IVF and only one grade C embryo, Dr. Stein urged me to consider donor eggs. If he hadn't come right out and said it, I can imagine I would have put myself through the emotional and financial strain of another three cycles. I'm so grateful for Dr. Stein's mercifully candid advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a factory, which I mean in both a good and a bad way. RMA is HUGE and they've got the fertility program DOWN. You get the impression that nothing would faze them; they've got an answer and a workaround for everything. The downside is that RMA can feel like an assembly line set to run a little too fast. On multiple occasions, I'd have to remind the nurses about my test results, my medication schedule, and more. I suspect that their patient records are scribbled in crayon and filed between take-out menus, because no one seemed to have a 100% grasp of what was going on. I dealt with it by being super-organized and knowledgable about my own protocol, and if you can deal with that, you'll be fine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Weekend mornings, all monitoring is funneled to a single clinic location, so there would be a HUGE crowd and a long wait. Otherwise, monitoring was efficient.
Dr. Stein prefers to transfer a single embryo.