Natan Bar-Chama

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.
Treated 2018 - 2020
I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles [with Dr. Lekovich]. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos...listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place...is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
Lots of locations [of RMA of New York], usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols...The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions...Monitoring varied a great deal. Sometimes it was empty sometimes it was literally standing room only.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. This is a big clinic and there is no hand holding. Dr. Lekovich is smart and committed but it’s not a mom and pop shop so you need to be assertive at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 2 medicated timed intercourse cycles and 2 medicated IUI’s mainly for insurance purposes. These cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos. I was happy to have an adjustment and better results. My first embryo transfer ended in chemical pregnancy. The second one she added Lupron and I have an ongoing pregnancy from that cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions. They are organized and all very well informed and confident. The nurses that help with the retrievals and transfers are wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of locations, usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I lost track of how much money we spent. We had some insurance coverage but still paid around 15-20 thousand total.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich was a very strong proponent of aSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was so anxious awaiting my PGT results. It had been over 2 weeks. I finally called the company that does the testing and apparently they had released the results over a week before. I called RMA and a nurse looked it up and said “oh yes it’s in your chart”. She gave me the results but it was such big important information I would have appreciated getting as soon as possible, not a week late.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I loved my doctor but RMA at times did feel like a factory and like I was a number. Some of the doctors were better than others. I wish I had been able to only see Dr. Sekhon but downtown office was not as convenient for me so I usually saw a different MD each visit at Eastside which made it feel less personal. Very clean during COVID and good screening process.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Speaking of just Dr. Sekhon and not RMA, I couldn't be happier with the care she provided, specifically during the IVF process. From even before starting IVF, she demystified the process for me and shared many stories that made me feel more comfortable with the process. She was patient with me, going through the timeline of events and what to expect in detail along the way. Every time we spoke she eased my anxiety. I did not see her every visit but I would travel further from UES to downtown often because I always felt better seeing her than other providers. She was warm, yet straight to the point. Great bedside manner. I trusted the care she was giving me. I also appreciate how available she was over email when I had burning questions that I didn't want to wait until the next appointment- this is huge when going through something so emotional/time consuming. While I wish I did not have to do IVF of course, I feel lucky to have found Dr. Sekhon, and I could not recommend her more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She is an incredibly busy clinician with lots of patients. If you need her REACH OUT and she will be there for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was kind, empathetic and very personal. She NEVER made me feel stupid for asking questions and always took time to explain the process in ways that made me and my husband understand. She was always available over email, including weekends and time off. We had shared decision making and made me feel very comfortable and supported. I trusted what she said because she never steered me wrong. I appreciated her candid but warm nature and her confidence provided me with comfort during this process. She also always asked me how work was and how my family was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie the nurse was very helpful and knew my info well, but I did not always talk to her. The other nurses did not know my course as well and sometimes gave me misinformation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Once did not get a call with results and had to call myself. A few times never got an email for an appointment for monitoring (during covid).
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this...He does not support doing multiple embryo transfers because of the risk of multiple gestation. This may not be the case for people with low quality embryos, but when we discussed it, he flat out said no. Only one embryo at a time.
I felt like sometimes I was not told specifics about protocols with my IVF cycle [at RMA of New York]. For example, we decided to go ahead with IVF in November, but the clinic does not do IVF in December, so we had to wait until January. But they still wanted me to come in to the clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle in December but no one told me this...Monitoring hours were quick and efficient, even when there were 30 people in the waiting room.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was a wonderful physician. He listened to our concerns, and answered all our questions without being condescending or rushed. He gave us his email after our first appointment, and any time I emailed him with questions, he responded promptly. He was very kind and supportive of our decisions throughout our fertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Utilize his email. The process of infertility treatments can mess with your head, so use his email when you have questions or concerns about any aspect of what's going on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was very open and kind. He gave us his email address on the day of our consultation and told us to contact him anytime with questions.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Klein and his team are very concerned about success rates for people trying to conceive as well as doing it in the safest way possible. They follow the newest and best protocols from research (and some of the research they do themselves at RMA). He started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer; Katherine)
We had an interesting time with coordinators because our first went out on medical leave in the middle of our retrieval cycle and no one told us. I had to email Dr. Klein to figure out why she hadn't emailed me back. I do not know the details of her leave, so I empathize that emergencies do happen, but I wish there had been better communication about it. The nursing staff overall were very nice. Because of my personal history with disordered eating and weight preoccupation, I do not like to know my weight when it is taken at the clinic. I asked to not be told, but the nurse thought it was a joke and was very lighthearted about it. I wish they had been a little more sensitive to what I was asking.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic in White Plains does not have rooms for male partners to provide samples. They expect you to provide a sample at home and then bring it with you to the clinic. It was awkward to say the least to go through that since we live almost 50 minutes away from the clinic. Otherwise, the space is fine. RMA overall gives military discounts, which I appreciate so much. Tricare (military insurance) does not cover IVF or any IVF medications, so it was a huge financial strain on us to do it. But with the discount, it made it much more affordable, and I appreciate them giving it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Our insurance does not cover IUI or IVF, so it would have been close to $20,000 (including medications), but military personnel get a discount, so the cost was lower.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I felt like sometimes I was not told specifics about protocols with my IVF cycle. For example, we decided to go ahead with IVF in November, but the clinic does not do IVF in December, so we had to wait until January. But they still wanted me to come in to the clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle in December but no one told me this. I got a call while I was at work, asking if I was coming in for monitoring. I also wasn't given a written (or emailed) instruction about my first few medication injections. They quickly told me over the phone my prescription and promised to follow up with an email. I never got the email until I reached out to Dr. Klein asking for clarification.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made....Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1 on a sunday and a doctor on call phoned me... I had left a message wondering what next steps were now that I was on day 1 to prep for a transfer, and she was confused about what I would be transferring. "you have no embroys with us" she said. Last I had spoken to them I had 3 that were still progressing. They told me later that they have in their logs that a nurse called and left a message, but a) I never got a message. my phone is glued to me b) should they leave that in a message anyway?
NY - Westside

As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing.... I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.... I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
RMA is a great place. It has a good energy, there is never a long wait time, there is always tons of patients there. I think because it is a franchise, it definitely has more of a one size fits all approach. So if your case is complicated in anyway, I am not sure if this is the place.... My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing. That said, I definitely think he doesn't go into all of the details and is talented at making you just trust the process. I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Be prepared before your consult, but I think that applies to all doctor consults in this process. There are so many talented doctors in NY, you have to trust your intuition.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I am confident that RMA is a top-notch facility and Dr. Grunfeld is a great doctor. My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all. I had two embryos reach blastocyst and they discarded them based on their quality. I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Day 2 I began 5ml Lupron and 300 Follistim in the AM and 5ml Lupron and 150mg Menopur in the PM . I did that for 10 days until my trigger shot. My trigger was Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Organized, readily available, always returned calls, followed up after morning monitoring with emails to re-confirm the results of your monitoring and thus what dosages/meds to take.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient. No waiting, no stress, bloodwork, then ultrasound and then you are out the door and on to the rest of your day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
15,500 for a complete frozen cycle. My embryos did not qualify for transfer, so that was cancelled. So I received a 5,400 credit. Medication ranged about $3000-4000. I did one IUI and that was $700 plus $150 cost for trigger shot. They do offer package deals for multiple cycles.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Grunfeld believes in frozen transfers with single embryo post PGS testing.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Sandler seems to be very knowledgeable about his field and really cares about his patients. But his communication skills are a bit lacking. He seems to run the appointments with a clear formula in mind, most prominently considering what he thinks you need rather than answer your questions or listening to what your concerns are. We wouldn’t focus on the things that I wanted to talk about or I was concerned with but rather the things he thought we should be discussing.
RMA is a super organized clinic that has very clear processes in place to meet all patients’ needs. However they see huge volume of patients. What that actually means is you get your needs met but it is not by the same team, you see a different doctor each time, and sometimes this results in what feels like less personal care....There are all different nurses each day and at each clinic. They are all really nice and helpful. Some were more helpful in answering questions than others. I really liked the nurses at the Brooklyn clinic where I was receiving most of my monitoring.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Do research on your own and come with specific questions you want answered, and don’t be shy to jump in and ask them. Otherwise he will just do his spiel. Don’t expect to see him more than once or twice, but the whole team at RMA is nice and supportive so you’re in good hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did six IUI cycles over all. The first one was unmedicated and failed. The second one was unmedicated with the ovidrel trigger shot and failed. The third through sixth attempts were medicated with letrozole and ovidrel trigger shot, all of which failed as well. We are now in conversation about moving to IVF. Dr Sandler has suggested not doing PGT testing since he doesn’t think I’ll have enough embryos given my low AMH level.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The main strength is that this clinic was open on weekends and holidays which was a huge advantage because most of my IUIs ended up falling on weekends. They take the time sensitivity of these procedures seriously. However you see a different doctor every time as a result. Their success rates are also high but so are their prices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
I paid out of pocket because I don’t have coverage (really, because my insurance plan is homophobic!). I paid $305 for each IUI and sonograms and bloodwork was additional but my insurance covered those. Medications were not covered (about $60/month) and neither was donor sperm ($950/vial). We are now discussing costs of IVF.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I did not do IVF yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They failed to provide info to my insurance company until I harassed them about it several times. The nurses often gave conflicting info about what time to do my trigger shot so I never really knew what was right.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I wish he [Dr. Sandler] was more open to trying new things...He is very busy yet always professional, he will explain procedures in technical details if you ask or care, and answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, he is very straight forward and not "a warm" person but that didn't bother me. What did bother me is that he only changed treatment once and it didn't work as well (not his fault) and the fact that he did not consider that other results maybe possible to attain due to my age. I am seeing another doctor for a second consult, but I do believe that Sandler and RMA do things by "the book", especially for AMA /DOR and don't like to take risks, or try new things. He is knowledgeable and will make decisions based on facts (ie blood tests to confirm if ovidrel shot is needed and such) but that is also a very cookie-cutter approach, one size fits all. Not sure if the results would have differed if one of the variables were changed, since that didn't happen. I wish he was more open to trying new things or Ill ask if he has a reason for sticking to the method he thinks works best (which is the medically expected program for DOR). My advice is to not be intimidated and ask as many questions along the way as you need.
admin staff [at RMA of New York] has been excellent with me, especially finance and clinical coordinator...uses a lot of staff to get in touch with their many patients - they do calls in the afternoon and leave voice mail messages and emails with instructions. Nurses are nice and very diligent; they follow up with the doctor and the coordinator if needed. Some are better (Katrina?) than the others, but overall they are nice,
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Since I have not seen another doctor is hard to compare. Dr. Sandler to another one. He is very busy yet always professional, he will explain procedures in technical details if you ask or care, and answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, he is very straight forward and not "a warm" person but that didn't bother me. What did bother me is that he only changed treatment once and it didn't work as well (not his fault) and the fact that he did not consider that other results maybe possible to attain due to my age. I am seeing another doctor for a second consult, but I do believe that Sandler and RMA do things by "the book", especially for AMA /DOR and don't like to take risks, or try new things. He is knowledgeable and will make decisions based on facts (ie blood tests to confirm if ovidrel shot is needed and such) but that is also a very cookie-cutter approach, one size fits all. Not sure if the results would have differed if one of the variables were changed, since that didn't happen. I wish he was more open to trying new things or Ill ask if he has a reason for sticking to the method he thinks works best (which is the medically expected program for DOR). My advice is to not be intimidated and ask as many questions along the way as you need.
see previous, ask questions, ask why not.
It is a very efficient office that processes a lot more women you'd think need help - that has todo with personal expectations and it may be an indicator of RMA's success, but it does contribute to everything (calls, procedures, visits) being part of a schedule and always hurried.
I've done the standard DOR antagonist protocol, gonal f 300, menopur 2 vials for 4 days than increased to 3, with ganirelix once the leading follicle reached 16 mm, and ovidrel shot- Once we tried luptondown regulator that suppressed me too much so went back to antagonist with no birth control. out of 4 cycles, we are left with 2 pgs normal out of a total 12 embroys in 4 cycles. no changes to regimen was based on the fact that antagonist works best for DOR, estrogen has risen, and follicles were produced, yet the low results are to be expected due to aging
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
RMA uses a lot of staff to get in touch with their many patients - they do calls in the afternoon and leave voice mail messages and emails with instructions. Nurses are nice and very diligent; they follow up with the doctor and the coordinator if needed. Some are better (Katrina?) than the others, but overall they are nice,
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very busy clinic, lines and wait time can get long especially on the weekend when other RMA's office are closed. get there early for monitoring and be patient. Numbers bring strength too they get to see a lot of people and a lot of experiences, yet for DOR/AMA they have the same approach.IF you're new to this, get info before your first visit so you can ask questions that matter. Their admin staff has been excellent with me, especially finance and clinical coordinator.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
efficient, busy, could be really bad on the weekends- they are open almost 360 days out of 365 so thats a plus, but they are busy. location super convenient for me, and staff is helpful but busy
insurance paid some costs, and I ended up with most of it. it averages to $11-$12K when self pay and all included (isci,pgs etc)
RMA only does ESet for ama
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Flisser] reviewed with me my previous cycle in their clinic while I was in the consultation. He listened and answered all my questions during the visit....I am proceeding with using a donor egg and an embryo transfer. I am not sure what protocol will be used for the donor egg.... We will be using a shared donor cycle with ICSI and PGT; Frozen Embryo Transfer at a later date.
This is my second time coming back to RMA so that means something! They are a well oil machine and have been in the fertility department for a while now. The office could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen.... I met their donor egg coordinator, Fabiana and she is fabulous. She showed compassion during our first meeting and spend time to hear my concerns about using donor egg.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I only had a chance to meet him once for a consultation and didn't have much interaction with him as of yet. I am in the middle of cycle (waiting for a cycle to start) so I don't have much to say about his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready. Know and write your "infertility story/journey" so you have something to refer to during consultations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He reviewed with me my previous cycle in their clinic while I was in the consultation. He listened and answered all my questions during the visit.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
I only have spoken with Dara (nurse) over the phone and via email but she is great. She responds quickly to email! I met their donor egg coordinator, Fabiana and she is fabulous. She showed compassion during our first meeting and spend time to hear my concerns about using donor egg.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is my second time coming back to RMA so that means something! They are a well oil machine and have been in the fertility department for a while now. The office could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
We will be using a shared donor cycle with ICSI and PGT; Frozen Embryo Transfer at a later date. total cost for the cycle is about $ 29,000.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Not yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I know they are a busy clinic with multiple patients calling or inquiring with results. We had some tests done on Friday and was expecting a call by Monday or Tues the latest. I have to email the nurse by Tuesday about the result. I know she would have called but you also need to be on top of your care.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Flisser was very responsive during all of my treatment cycles. Always available to answer any questions and very prompt as well. He gives you a realistic idea of what to expect during the process and was also available to answer questions even after I had transferred care to my OB at 8 weeks gestation. Very caring and knowledgeable... We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF
The doctors [at RMA NY] are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please see prior answer. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He has remained responsive through the whole treatment process and even after. Gives realistic expectations. Would definitely recommend him
Trust him. If you have questions don’t hesitate to ask as he is very open and responsive to answering them.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF which worked on the first cycle for us. Never did he push us to go one way or the other but rather always gave us our options and allowed us to chose
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney )
Great staff and very prompt in calling back with test results
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctors are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already. Specifically Destiny C from their collections department called me saying I would be sent to collections for the amount and I called my insurance and found out The bill was paid by them and they I was being illegally charged for it
Cycles covered by insurance. Had to pay few thousand for medications and for anesthesiologist and genetic testing
Happy to have had single embryo transfer as multiples could have led to a complicated pregnancy
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Lederman firmly believes in only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He also insists on only transferring PGS/PGD tested embryos...I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
The Westchester location [of RMA of New York] is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a great doctor. He's relatively warm and compassionate, but he's also realistic. He always sets expectations. I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Write everything down, and ask him to repeat himself - he talks fast! Ask lots of questions.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Retrieval #1: Gonal-F in the morning, Menopur in evening. Cetrotide added 5 days before trigger. Dual trigger shot (HCG and lupron). 14 days of stims. Resulted in 20 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5, 4 PGS normal. Before first transfer: hysteroscopy - 2 small polyps and small adhesion removed. Transfer #1: BCP, estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #2: Next cycle after. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #3. RPL panel (negative), karyotyping (negative), saline sonogram (negative) biopsy (positive for endometritis). 2 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in negative. Transfer #4: 3 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in CP. Retrieval #2: Gonal-F in the morning, higher dose (than last time) or Menopur in the evening. Cetrotide added 6 days before trigger. Lupron trigger only. 15 days of stims. 19 eggs, 18 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5/6/7, 5 PGS normal, 1 inconclusive. Transfer #5: 12 days of birth control pills, 5 days overlapping with 10 units of lupron. Continued 10 units of lupron until light period arrived, reduced to 5 units. 3.5 weeks of lupron total. Estrodiol added 2x day, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in pregnancy starting with very low beta (37 at 9dp5dt) - currently 9+2 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Primary PA was easy to reach and quick to answer questions when she was at work. If she was out, I got calls with results from nursing staff I had never met.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester location is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient on weekdays at the Westchester location. Terrible cattle-call on the weekends at the Madison Ave location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered our IUIs and $10K or IVF, plus $10K of medications. RMA charged us the remainder. First 2 transfers were included in insurance cost. Each transfer after was $3500. Costs included bloodwork, ultrasounds, and monitoring appointments. Once we were paying out of pocket for IVF #2, the total cost included all appointments, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and 1 transfer. PGS is private pay, and any procedure (saline sonogram, biopsy) is charged to your insurance.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.

Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Rashmi Kudesia] was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
When you enter RMA , the clinic seems to be run like a well oiled machine . Everyone is seen efficiently and that’s wonderful when you are in a rush to go to work at then end of your appointment. However with that being said , it feels like a factory with a lack of compassion from the doctors responsible for your care . Return callls from the nurses take place within a few hours or by the end of the day . There are so many doctors on staff so getting in touch with your doctor may be difficult . My wish would be for a direct line to your doctor’s officers prevent going through the message answering protocol .
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She recently moved
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was friendly and answered questions related to my procedure . However , our sessions did feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Rashmi Kudesia used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I completed three rounds of IUI because my insurance didn’t allow for IVF until I had three rounds of the IUI. No pregnancy resulted from the IUI. Dr. Kudesia then started the IVF cycle but unfortunately had to move towards the end of my treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
When I had to meet with the nursing staff to discuss medication or had additional questions related to treatment the ladies were very compassionate and patient . They empathized with my situation and made attempts to keep me calm .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring occurred very early in the morning . There was no flexibility which made it stressful and difficult to arrange times with work and getting to the appointment on time . I would prefer if they had afternoon hours to accommodate people with a different time schedule .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.
Thankfully my IUI was covered with my insurance . my insurance paid for some of the cost associated with the IVF. I was responsible for paying my co insurance , medication , anesthesia , ICSI and PGS testing .The medical coordinator was good at informing me when payment was due. After insurance , the cost for the above was around $9,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
When I began the IUI cycle ,I was told that my insurance only allowed 3 tries of the IUI before moving to IVF. My husband was told to submit sperm to the lab . The sperm was used but the cycle did not make me pregnant . So we tried again the following month. At the completion of the cycle I was sent to the main office for IUI . Sadly it could not be completed because there was no sperm in the lab from my partner . I was furious . No one informed my partner that he either had to submit multiple sperm samples or tell me in advance that my husband had to come with me the day of he procedure . I had to juggle my work schedule to make that appointment and it was a waste of time . The doctor and staff apologized for the error but it left a bad taste in my mouth .
Rashmi Kudesia
Brooklyn
Dr. Lekovich was able to answer questions that I had in a kind and professional way . I love that she seems to know her patients by name even when she’s not in the examining room . My only gripe would be that she doesn’t answer emails when it’s sent . I ended up asking my question in person but it works have been nice to get a reply via email .... The antagonist protocal was used for my treatment . I used Gonal F, Menopur , Cetrotide along with trigger shots Lupton and Oviidrel. The idea was to increase the amount of eggs for a successful cycle . It worked ! Just hoping that a healthy embryo will be the result .
RMA is run efficiently . There are several locations in Manhattan , Brooklyn and Westchester so it’s convenient for people in various locations in the city . However the monitoring hours should be a bit more flexible . The strict monitoring hours makes it difficult to rearrange your schedule depending on the type of job you have .... The antagonist protocal was used for my treatment . I used Gonal F, Menopur , Cetrotide along with trigger shots Lupton and Oviidrel. The idea was to increase the amount of eggs for a successful cycle . It worked ! Just hoping that a healthy embryo will be the result .
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready to ask her . She is very quick to answer questions .
Dr. Lekovich was friendly and answered questions that I had regarding my care .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Warm , compassionate and caring are some words that come to mind when thinking of the nursing staff . I was told at the last minute that I needed another medication exhausted od my bloodwork and I was panicking because I didn’t k ow how I’d get it in such a short space of time . Unfortunately , I don’t recall her name but she ended up giving me the medication and tried to calm me down . I was so appreciative of the kind gesture that was shown to me .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were a pain because of my work schedule . I wished that the monitoring hours were more flexible .
My insurance covered some of my costs . The outstanding costs were mostly the ICSI ,PGS anesthesia and genetic testing .
Treated 2014 - 2018
I feel like he [Dr. Grunfeld] genuinely cares about me, but I also feel like he has a million patients and doesn’t remember all the details of my history (without looking it up) and sometimes changes his advice in unexpected ways - also sometimes difficult to get in touch with...I do which he were a little more aware of the psychological and emotional implications of this process...He always respects my wishes for treatment - eg he wanted to do genetic testing for embryos and I didn’t but was ok with my Choice
Very organized and almost always available - they [RMA] run like a machine. Everyone able to access our records so no issues seeing different doctors and nurses. Sometimes hard to get in touch via phone - you call and leave a message and person may not call you back until much later in the day at an inconvenient time....Almost everything went smoothly. Only incident I remember was when I had a chemical pregnancy and they forgot to call with blood results.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He’s an expert in his field and has been doing this longer than most. At this point he knows my history and has given me my amazing child so it’s hard to have negative feelings, but I do which he were a little more aware of the psychological and emotional implications of this process.
Don’t expect sensitivity all the time - he is not the most socially aware person.
I feel like he genuinely cares about me, but I also feel like he has a million patients and doesn’t remember all the details of my history (without looking it up) and sometimes changes his advice in unexpected ways - also sometimes difficult to get in touch with
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Almost all of the nurses are very sensitive and communicate Instructions clearly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very organized and almost always available - they run like a machine. Everyone able to access our records so no issues seeing different doctors and nurses. Sometimes hard to get in touch via phone - you call and leave a message and person may not call you back until much later in the day at an inconvenient time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Like could get very long on the weekends but felt it was as efficient as possible. Sometimes I can’t a little after monitoring hours and was never an issue
About $10k for IVF cycle and $5k for meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Almost everything went smoothly. Only incident I remember was when I had a chemical pregnancy and they forgot to call with blood results. When I finally got in touch with them three said I would have to wait until the next day (which was thanksgiving- so was hard to get in touch but finally did)

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff.... Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
The systems and daily operations are very straight forward and easy to navigate. I am an RMA west side patient. However, procedures bad weekend monitoring is done at the east side location. It's very busy!. Staff is always willing to help. Finance, check in, phone calls, after hours service. All very easy to navigate.... [Nurse] AMAZING! Very patient, compassionate, caring. They took the time to answer my questions, no matter how many times I asked.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff. All very nice. I appreciate that he is available via phone or in person relatively easy.
Come prepared with questions and push for more details. I am someone who needs to know understand every bit of the process. Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
Most of my contact had been with the nurses, who are amazing. Most of them very knowledgeable and patient. Take the time to answer my questions and call the same day. My contact with Dr. Stein has been much less. I expected to be more in direct contact with him throughout the process, however, the option of scheduling phone or in person appt is always open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tova for IVF. Eliza--RN)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hours are 7-8:30 at West Side office. It's a much smaller office than the East side, so it feel more intimate. Technicians are very efficient and quick. It's a well run operation. If you go only for bloodwork, it's pretty quick. If you also have ultrasound it's a bit more time but not too much more.
Approx: $7000 for each IVF cycle, including insurance co-pays, ICSI, PGS, meds.
NY - Westside
She’s [RMA of NY] very detailed during the paid visits. However, IVF Cycle for us was more of a disappointment since we didn’t get much of details of what is going on and what to expect next. Retrieved egg count was pretty low compared to the follicles were counted in the last visits.... Explicitly have her tell you the amount of eggs to be retrieved at every visit so you can have a chance to cancel before going in for retrieval.
Nurses are the best thing of RMA of NY.... [Monitoring Appointments] First in first out. You dont know which doctor is on duty. Somewhat rushed.... Expect bills sent months later. Finance team is working weird imo. Coordinator was not too sharp in my case, there were lots of wrong info passed by her that i had to dig in and get corrected....Such as telling me that there’re some procedures i need to get done ( which was already done) and i had to convince her through back and forth emailing.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She’s very detailed during the paid visits. However, IVF Cycle for us was more of a disappointment since we didn’t get much of details of what is going on and what to expect next. Retrieved egg count was pretty low compared to the follicles were counted in the last visits.
Mostly rushed during daily checks and not given too much info as in how I’m progressing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Caring and nice. Responsive at all times.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Expect bills sent months later. Finance team is working weird imo. Coordinator was not too sharp in my case, there were lots of wrong info passed by her that i had to dig in and get corrected. So, good luck with that. Clinic in general -except Brooklyn location- is clean and nice. Nurses are the best thing of RMA of NY.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First in first out. You dont know which doctor is on duty. Somewhat rushed.
More than 20K
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Coordinator of my doctor had provided some wrong information. To us, it told she was either not listening to people properly or not getting things properly. Such as telling me that there’re some procedures i need to get done ( which was already done) and i had to convince her through back and forth emailing. Also, at one point she said doctor needs to perform cyst removal surgery in between retrieval and transfer cycle which was not correct since the doctor at RMA doesn’t perform that kind of surgery. This was corrected by doctor herself as well. So it’s more like passing wrong info to the patient.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[Dr. Jovana Lekovich] checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out...Email is a good way to get ahold of her - the nurse can always connect you as well. She is forthright and will not sugar coat it - but does it warmly and with compassion...was warm, interested, and responsive.
While there was some lapses in communication [from the nurses at RMA of New York], overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful...didn't get the 5 day results at one point because they were waiting to see what happened on day 6 and 7 and no one informed me. That round did not go well and I had to call to find out at the end of day 7 because I had not heard anything.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
The doctor's strength and weaknesses cannot be conflated with the weaknesses of the clinic. The Doctor checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out.
While the clinic is definitely a 'by the number' clinic - Dr. Lekovich herself was warm, interested, and responsive.
I used Gonal F, Menopure and Cetrocide towards the end of the retrieval. I was also on Lovonox 60mg to prevent blood clots due to Factor 5. I can try to look back and provide more information but it was approx 2 menopure vials at night, 300mg gonal f in the mornings and that increased towards the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa)
While there was some lapses in communication, overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Brooklyn office is warm, faster, and generally smaller - making it a more ideal location. The main office on Madision Ave of RMA is a giant cog machine that routes people through as numbers not faces and it is a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was morningtime before work. I was lucky enough to live walkable to the location. The phlebotomist at this location was the BEST - pain free, didn't leave marks, always quick. It took longer for the ultrasounds depending on what time you arrived, but never TOO long. The weekend hours were at the Madision Avenue location were a cluster and cattle call. Jam packed, call out your name large system. It was disappointing there were no hours at the BK location.
This is tricky, insurance initially denied. So the costs of that were 15,000 for the first round of retrieval. 6,000 for PGD/PGS. But then that got discounted because I did not do transfer, so the second round cost less. With insurance finally being fought and won. The PGD was not covered, but the co-insurance was only 1,500 per retrieval round. So for three rounds 4,500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just didn't get the 5 day results at one point because they were waiting to see what happened on day 6 and 7 and no one informed me. That round did not go well and I had to call to find out at the end of day 7 because I had not heard anything.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr Davis has an excellent bedside manner and does a great job thoroughly explaining different methods and approaches to treatment. He is very prompt in responding to emails and addresses any concerns. Communicating with Dr. Davis feels like a dialogue between two equal partners instead of a one-sided conversation... Dr. Davis was a strong advocate for transferring a single embryo for all of our transfer cycles. Given my age there wasn't a real reason to transfer multiple embryos and the risk associated with multiples was not one we felt we needed to take at this point.
[RMA of NY-Downtown's] Strengths: Staff are very prompt in responding to questions via email or phone. Weaknesses: Lack of coordination and multiple follow up emails/calls needed for the same question. Not always supportive/compassionate.... Most of my monitoring is done remotely as I live of out state, however when I have gone to appointments at RMA the offices are always clean and staff are friendly. The Manhattan – Eastside office is particularly busy and can be a bit overwhelming during monitoring hours but their process is very efficient which helps.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
You are your best advocate. Speak up if you have questions/concerns and educate yourself on your treatment options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Dr. Davis clearly explains all of our treatment options and makes time to answer all of our questions. He is kind and approachable and seems to truly care about about the outcome of our treatment.
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
freeze all - antagonist protocol with birth control bills
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most of my monitoring is done remotely, but when I have gone to monitoring hours it's been at the Manhattan – Eastside office which is quite busy. That being said they are very efficient and if you get there early you can get in and out rather quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
Insurance did not cover any of my treatment. Both freeze-all cycles were approx. $15K + $2-4K for medications. Transfers were approx. $2,500 + medications.
Describe Joseph Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At times there is a lack of coordination between staff which has resulted in numerous emails or phone calls to resolve a single issue or clarify a particular part of the suggested protocol (for example: medication dosage, follow up appointment dates, billing issues). If you're able to communicate directly with your coordinator and the few nurses that are familiar with your specific treatment plan things go much smoother.
NY - Downtown
He [Dr. Lederman] asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice...He was very approachable and very welcoming...He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational...He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
Everyone at RMA of NY has always been very friendly and caring. The main nurse I communicate with is Eliza and she's been amazing! Answering every question, email, calls, ready to see me anytime. She has great advice and genially cares. The IVF coordinator was Julia and she was also great in helping me get set-up and organize the meds process, and payment etc...the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first found out we had to do IVF, following the results from our first meeting with him, he was very human and caring. We went to see him, a bit devastated to the news, and he was very reassuring in providing us all the info we needed, all the steps, etc. He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational. We're still in the process of our first IVF, and having the transfer next week - hoping it will all go fine. So far, I'm very happy in working with Dr. Lederman.
Be ready to learn a lot about it. He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
We first went to see Dr. Lederman not knowing we had any issues and just because we had been trying to conceive for 7+ months and were getting impatient. We went there just to get more info, not thinking we even had any infertility problems or so. He was very approachable and very welcoming. He asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice.
We are doing our first IVF, due to male factor so I don't have any infertility diagnosis. I was put on birth control, then did menopur and gonal f for a bit more than 1 week, and then trigger shots for the retrieval. Since we did PGS testing, I was off meds for a bit more than 1 month and now just started the transfer meds including estrace and just started progesterone in oil shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza and Julia)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Yes, a lot of people will tell you RMA is a factory. But the truth is, that's a good thing in the sense that it moves quickly and they're efficient. Despite all that, the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
Dr. Lederman is against, and will not allow multiple embryo transfer. He will push you to do PGS testing if you can afford it.
NY - Westside

Dr Klein was very personable and easy to talk to. He provided me with his email and direct phone number and was quick to respond with any questions I had. He squeezed me in for both cycles before I had to go to work in the morning....He reviewed all my labs and diagnostics and did a phone consult. I took clomid 50mg, as I had been for the last two cycles, and I tracked my cycle with OPK and called him when I got a positive. We came in the next day for an IUI but after performing an ultrasound discovered that I had already ovulated.
I was not a "typical" patient of this clinic because I was being seen as a professional favor to my OBGYN. However, the staff was very helpful and friendly. I'm unsure if it was the case with all patients but I think the hours were a bit limited. The earliest I could get there was 7am, which wasn't always convenient....I did not have much interaction with the nurses because I was monitored by my OBGYN and just saw Dr Klein for the IUIs. The nurses who I did have contact with were always very nice and informative.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Klein was very approachable and easy to talk to. He explained the IUI process in a simple manner and answered questions we had in lay terms, even though he knew I was a nurse and understood the process. He was easy to get in touch with via text or email.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. He is very open to answering questions and doesn't make you feel dumb.
Dr Klein did my first two IUIs. He pretty much saw me as a professional favor to my OBGYN since I am a labor and delivery RN. He reviewed all my labs and diagnostics and did a phone consult. I took clomid 50mg, as I had been for the last two cycles, and I tracked my cycle with OPK and called him when I got a positive. We came in the next day for an IUI but after performing an ultrasound discovered that I had already ovulated. We did the IUI that day anyway but it was not successful. The next month he increased my clomid to 75mg and I was monitored by ultrasound until my follicles were the appropriate size. I received a trigger shot of ovidrel in his office and went to his office for an IUI the next morning. Unfortunately, this was also unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I received a bill for our second IUI but not the first. He did not take my insurance.
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Lederman] was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner...there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York], because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered...Strengths: always on time for appointments...Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was clearly a very knowledgeable doctor. He was very professional and demonstrated good bedside manner. The reason I decided to change clinics was because I was still hopeful that I could be successful with pregnancy through IUI's and there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
I would say it was in between. He was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner. However, although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours, because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered.
We first began with "timed intercourse" which consisted of trigger shots and monitoring. It was a little under a year of my husband and I TTC, which was still a little early, but he seemed understanding and very willing to assist us. We did two of those, followed by a round with letrozole. Followed by 3 rounds of "timed intercourse" we moved on to 4 IUI's with letrozole, trigger shots, and of course monitoring.
Very professional and caring
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: always on time for appointments and doctors perform ultrasounds Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
Co-pay each time
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone...I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos.
I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse....Monitoring appointments at RMA of New York are well organized. I typically never waited longer than 15 minutes to be called and was typically always in and out within 45 minutes....It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. McAvey has been fine. Whenever we speak she is kind and hopeful. I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos. It was only then that she let me know about taking CoQ10 to improve egg quality and to pursue acupuncture (which I had pursued on my own and told RMA I was doing). If you have questions, Dr. McAvey will absolutely answer them, via email or phone. But it's really up to the patient to proactively ask (and research/figure out WHAT to ask). When we found out there would be no transfer cycle for us, Dr. McAvey was optimistic and encouraged us to try again as IVF is really just "a numbers game".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Do your own research and ask as many questions as you can at your initial consultation and all throughout the process. You have to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone. At RMA, it's easy to feel like a number, because there are so many women being treated there every day. Even when I felt like "just a number" on my monitoring days, Dr. McAvey never made me feel that way during any of our interactions.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
3 cycles of IUI: five days of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot, IUI I cycle IVF (retrieval only, no normal embryos to transfer): Gonal F / Menopur / Cetrotide / Dual Trigger Lupron + hCG I was not given a rationale for following this protocol. I have a good ovarian reserve for my age, so based on this IVF cycle my issue appears to be egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses at RMA of New York ranged from pretty nice to very nice. All of the questions I had throughout my IVF cycle were answered by the nurses vs. the doctors. Whenever I asked, they would sit down with me to walk me through the process and help me figure out my "medication ordering plan" (since I found the process of ordering the meds to be more stressful than actually taking them).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of New York definitely has a system down. It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day. There was one doctor at RMA that I didn't particularly care for (his bedside manner was not a match for me) that did one of my IUI's, and I would never have actually chosen him to do it. At RMA, you are very limited when it comes to choice in that sense. I didn't even SEE the doctor who did my IVF egg retrieval. I was already under anesthesia before he even came into the room. Overall, I've had a good experience at RMA (despite my treatment failures).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
My health insurance covered my IUIs in full and one cycle of IVF (up to $10,000), however it did not cover most of the expensive IVF medications. For my IVF retrieval cycle, out of pocket I paid ~$4,500 for my medications, $2,000 for the embryo biopsy, $750 for anesthesia, and $750 for PGS testing of 4 embryos plus all office co-pays ($40 each). Billing for my IVF egg retrieval procedure hasn't gone through my insurance yet, so I don't know if I will owe anything additional.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse. Not mission critical information, but things like 'how many days before you should expect your period' or 'how many eggs are normally retrieved from someone my age'.
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside
I have seen MANY doctors in the office. Dr. Grunfeld has called me a few times to explain next steps. I wish that questions were answered at the time of the visit, however. I find that I have to call into the office or email the nurses with questions. He also isn’t the doctor that does my retrieval, but I know timing does play a factor in this.... The office moves quick at times. I feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions that requires me to email or call the office at a later point.
The office [RMA of NY] moves quick at times. I feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions that requires me to email or call the office at a later point.... Anytime I email the nurses they get back to me with an answer quick and prompt. They are friendly and easy to approach with questions.... My medications were sent to CVS. CVS doesn’t fill fertility meds. I was then told to call and figure out what happened instead of the IVF coordinator.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions and demand to get answers before you leave.
We did 3 IUIs due to insurance purposes. Those failed and we moved into IVF. The first round resulted in zero embryos that could be used. We moved into another round of IVF but only had 4 eggs and body was responding well to meds (GonalF- 225 and Menopur 2 vials). We changed to an IUI cycle which ended up failing. I was also diagnosed with endometritis after the retrevial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Vivian and Clara)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths- runs like a well oiled machine. They seem to have all appointments in an appropriate time. You know what to expect when it comes to medications and appointments necessary. Weaknesses- sometimes you feel like a number. Ask lots of questions!
I have insurance. Currently an IVF cycle is approximately $6,200.
No comment here. Haven’t gotten to a transfer yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
My medications were sent to CVS. CVS doesn’t fill fertility meds. I was then told to call and figure out what happened instead of the IVF coordinator. Took almost a week to straighten it out (only to find out the number of refills then got messed up as a result)
Treated 2016 - 2017
When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he [Dr. Daniel Stein] was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help...Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well...I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
RMA is a strong clinic and well organized. It is huge, and they do a good job of managing individual cases. They always return phone calls within the hour. It does feel like a bit of a factory given the size. They are also fairly conservative/traditional. They do not believe in immunology issues and are not particularly open/imaginative about understanding RPL. They are very evidence-based, which is not a bad thing, but I do wonder since other places are more open to experimental treatments!
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is smart, experienced and knows his stuff. He explains things well and is a realist - a described pessimist. I think he did a good job with our egg retrieval, as he was very exacting about my timing and when to trigger. We got good results from the retrieval (though a lot of that is because of my eggs). I found the transfer VERY uncomfortable (I am not a great gyno patient) and he was incredibly impatient and unsupportive in the moment. My transfer took, but then I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, exactly the same time I had miscarried with my two natural pregnancies. Despite the fact that he had pushed for IVF to control for embryo quality, and then the embryo quality didn't seem to make a difference (they were PGD tested), he had no explanation for why I might have miscarried. He also was not overly sensitive and wanted to just 'try again.' he said it's a numbers game. He was very dismissive of my suggestions (other women in my family had a bicornuate uterus, but he immediately said I didn't have that). When I went to get a second opinion from another clinic, they suggested a different protocol. I brought that suggestion back to him and he was immediately dismissive, judgmental and unprofessional. He told me that clinic had a 'terrible reputation' (despite the fact that he had trained the doctor) and that their suggestions were off-base. This was a phone call, after not responding to my email for a few weeks. He claimed he had. Overall, he left a very bad taste in my mouth and I felt unsafe/uncared for in his care. I think he is very smart and knows his stuff but is very arrogant and not open-minded. While I think he likely provides good care overall and helps a lot of women have success, I would not recommend him to a close friend.
Be your own advocate, and push him hard if you disagree.
There were so so many patients in and out of RMA - there would often be at least 20 other women in the waiting room while I was there. Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well (I had had a horrible miscarriage with gushing blood for 12 days, came to see him to make sure I wasn't hemorrhaging and he helped break up the clots, and then had no memory a short time later as to why I would be anemic. Also didn't seem to check my chart). I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
I believe it was a standard protocol, with menapur, gonal F, and the trigger. for the transfer, we used PIO and estrace. When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza?)
Eliza is amazing!! There was another nurse too who comforted me when I cried about starting PIO. I wish I remember her name. Overall, the nurses are amazing there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I liked that the hours were early and I could go before work, and the window of time was substantial. However, it is such a huge place that sometimes I would wait an entire hour. And there was no way to predict it! So I'd have to go much earlier than I wanted just in case. It did feel a bit like cattle call.
For me, Dr Stein believed strongly in transferring one embryo, because multiples bring higher risks. I agree with this assessment and appreciated it. (He also has twins himself, so that may bias him).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They did not give my husband clear instructions about when to ejaculate at home to prepare for the sperm deposit. It was very stressful.
Treated 2017
When I started seeing her [Dr. Kudesia] she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss....The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis... I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant
Strengths [of RMA] are efficiency...I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room...they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered...The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF...We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis. Considering I had been pregnant 3 times naturally before coming to the clinic, I think they just assumed his sperm was healthy. It wasn't until I personally had to enforce it did my husband get his sperm analysis and now here we are 8 months later still not pregnant, but found out that my husband has 0% motility. My 40th birthday is this year, and we will have to make a big decision about IVF. I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant and was chalking it up to unexplained infertility, and shouldn't have even allowed us to do IUI without him having a sperm analysis.
To make sure you ask every question you have, as she doesn't really give answers unless you come with questions.
I felt like a human because I could really tell she cared. I had a full term still birth in 2016, I was 39 weeks pregnant and I lost my son to an umbilical cord accident. When I started seeing her she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss.
First we tested my AMH and it was very good, and since I had been pregnant 3 times before we just did a non-medicated natural cycle that she monitored. I produced follicles on my own, ovulated according to the blood work, etc. Then when that didn't work she suggested we go right to IUI unmedicated and I did one unmedicated and it didn't work. Then we did one IUI cycle where I took 50mg of clomid, and then they gave me the trigger shot of ovidrel and that IUI also failed. Then I didn't have any more money for IUI's and my insurance covers NOTHING for fertility treatments. So then she decided to increase my dose of clomid to 100mg and then I gave myself the trigger at home, negative again. Then she increased me to 150mg clomid and I did the trigger shot again at home, negative. That following month she discovered a polyp on my uterus and I had read that was a side effect of clomid. On Feb, 14th 2017 I had the polyp surgically removed. Before we started trying again and while I was healing I had my husband go get his sperm analysis. Thats when we discovered his motility was 0%.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths are efficiency. I was VERY surprised for NYC and how busy they were that I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room, a lot better than my OB's office ! Also they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered. I also liked that I had a way to communicate with Dr. Kudesia over email. I found that very personal. The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF. In our case we do have to jump to IVF because of my age and my husbands sperm motility, and I just wished from day one they would have made him get tested.
$75 per blood test $250 for monitoring, $1250 for IUI, $150 for sperm analysis, $125 for phone calls, $375 for in person meet ups. All in all I spent 10K in 2017.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
It was just more oversights, and assumptions. We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times it just wasn't possible as I have zero insurance coverage for this. The plan my job provides has no coverage what so ever.
Rashmi Kudesia