Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sandler is very blunt and to the point - he will go over expectations and crush them if you are aiming too high, but he is more often than not right. He is experienced, knowledgeable, and keeps informed of the latest development...very standard treatments, dosage based on age and regular antagonist...
large clinic [RMA of New York], well -organized, been doing this for over 15 years and have grown. Expect long lines sometimes, but once in the routine, steps are easy to follow- they work with most insurances. another helpful tip is that they allow off-site monitoring that is really great if you dont live close to RMA- but hte facility has to have an agreement with them.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Stick to the facts, ask questions, asks if anything an be different - ie different treatment course, adding something else - do your research before meeting with any doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Large practice, too many patients but also as a result quite experienced on what to expect after a treatment.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
very standard treatments, dosage based on age and regular antagonist (menopur, gonal, cetrotide with HCG trigger). Tried estrogen or the low-flare and it didnt work for me; adding chlomid worked better in increasing the number of eggs/embryos but not their quality. Results varied, not sure if any of the treatment "changes" made a real difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina )
warm, informative and a great communicator team of nurses. dont get frustrated that they take some time (a few hours) to get back to you; they have a lot of patients but are really nice. Care coordinators have been excellent too- respond on time and to any questions you have - the supporting team ae well-organized, know their processes and help out as much as they can.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
large clinic, well -organized, been doing this for over 15 years and have grown. Expect long lines sometimes, but once in the routine, steps are easy to follow- they work with most insurances. another helpful tip is that they allow off-site monitoring that is really great if you dont live close to RMA- but hte facility has to have an agreement with them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
pre covid it was more than a cattle call - full to the brim! nowdays it is by appointment only making thins much easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
when covered by insurance, at 3K per cycle (including PGS, w/o medications) when privately paid 6-8k for stimming and retrieval, anesthesia was additional + copays for visits
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
due to age, that not negotiable for this practice
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
prescription to freedom fertility were delayed not to the point of jeopardizing anything- just keep an eye -follow through with the team.

2018 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Mukherjee is] very quick and direct. He’s not emotional and doesn’t do any hand holding. He doesn’t give any extra information. But he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced and he does answer all of my millions of questions patiently...I did single transfer every time, which is what I wanted. There was no reason to think multiple was necessary.
Strengths [of RMA of NY] is that it’s big, doctors are very experienced, the whole practice is very experienced and well oiled. If you want a smaller more attentive approach, maybe this is not the place for you but this place feels like the gold standard of fertility care...transfer is 4k each time. IUI I think was 1k each time. Egg retrieval much more, maybe around 11k
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He’s very quick and direct. He’s not emotional and doesn’t do any hand holding. He doesn’t give any extra information. But he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced and he does answer all of my millions of questions patiently.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
His staff is amazing and he is quick to answer any questions. Very direct. I feel comfortable given his level of expertise that has become apparent throughout my years in his care, but don’t expect a particularly warm bedside manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He is a very straight forward, no nonsense doctor. I like that about him. But he is not necessarily warm and doesn’t hold your hand.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My IUI was unmedicated, I had no diagnosed fertility issues. For my co-IVF, where I transferred my wife’s embryo, I was given progesterone, estrogen, medrol, azithromiacin, and baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia Woodson)
All of the nurses and my care coordinator are amazing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths is that it’s big, doctors are very experienced, the whole practice is very experienced and well oiled. If you want a smaller more attentive approach, maybe this is not the place for you but this place feels like the gold standard of fertility care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. I almost never have to wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I know transfer is 4k each time. IUI I think was 1k each time. Egg retrieval much more, maybe around 11k but I can’t remember for sure.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Mostly only on weekends. I just had to call again and clarify and it was fixed.

2022, Successful
The clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice...Dr. Lucky [Sekhon] was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions...was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email...If you can, try to see Dr. Lucky for all your monitoring appointments - she's really great!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice.

2020 - 2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions...She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward...she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results...
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic [at RMA of New York]. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson-Bey was very compassionate and responsive. I had tons of random questions in between appointments and she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results (i.e. negative pregnancy test from an IUI). She really cares about her patients and about her work. She is active in advocacy around infertility issues and getting more people access to infertility care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Be as specific as possible in asking questions. Make sure to be clear on your communication style - i.e. if you're someone who likes blunt direct communication, be upfront about that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions. She has a great personality and really cares about her patients.
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Jackson-Bey initially recommended IVF from the outset because of my history of anovulation and DOR. I was very resistant to IVF and so we agreed to try medicated IUIs first. She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward. I ended up doing 6 IUIs because I responded well to them and there was no obvious reason that an IUI wouldn't have worked for me. Eventually I felt very ready to try IVF and so we made the switch. My first protocol was one designed for women with DOR or poor responders. I didn't get many eggs but the results of blasts was very strong. We decided to do another cycle to bank embryos because of our desire to have two kids. The second cycle we used a different protocol that I did not respond as well to and we also had a male-factor issue so we ended up freezing eggs only. After that we took a break as we were pretty shaken up from that experience and decided to switch doctors within the practice purely for a psychological "reset." We are soon preparing to transfer the euploid embryos that we got from that first IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy)
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We chose the clinic because of it's strong reputation, location, and because they take our insurance - GHI. The doctors and nurses have been amazing and the location in downtown Brooklyn is ideal. We've also had great experiences with all of our procedures - IUIs, egg retrievals - at the Madison Ave location. We did one IUI in Soho that was also great. On the other hand, for routine matters, the coordinating staff and finance staff are lacking. It might be also a factor of our insurance being shitty but we've had a terrible time coordinating pre-authorizations. My husband and I end up spending hours on the phone with the pharmacy, insurance for the first few days of each cycle. It was extremely stressful for both of us and probably impacted the results of our cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
The major procedures were covered 100% by insurance (unlimited IUIs and up to 3 IVF cycles) but we decided to pay for ICSI ($2,000) and PGT testing ($2,500).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We had some issues with nurses giving us the wrong protocol over the phone. I had received the protocol via email from the nurse so I double-checked it and had to call back to confirm. This happened twice. We also had a lot of issues getting the medication delivered on time. We ended up doing a lot of three-way calling among the clinic, pharmacy and insurance. It became a second full-time job at certain points.
Tia Jackson-Bey
Brooklyn

I found Dr. Mukherjee to be personable and trustworthy. He absolutely made time for us when we requested to review results and next steps. We never felt rushed out of the office...depending on why I was coming into the clinic, the nurse would try to schedule it when Dr. Mukherjee was there. He was not the one who performed our two IUIs but we saw him pretty frequently. We suffered an incomplete miscarriage for the 2nd IUI and he was compassionate through it all.
They [RMA of New York] are not always easy to get a hold of. You have to call the office and a nurse will call you back. I have better luck with our IVF coordinator since she’s very responsive through e-mail...Morning monitoring hours are highly efficient. Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days. Other days you are in and out in 10-15 minutes...I found Dr. Mukherjee to be personable and trustworthy.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I found Dr. Mukherjee to be personable and trustworthy. He absolutely made time for us when we requested to review results and next steps. We never felt rushed out of the office. We had concerns and wanted clarification regarding treatment as Covid-19 cases started to stabilize in our area. He offered sound medical advice that made us feel confident in our decision.
Set expectations as to what kind of doctor you want to provide you care. There is no one size fits all doctor. We immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Mukherjee because he was referred to us by our OB who we trusted.
I was referred to Dr. Mukherjee by my OB/gyn in the summer of 2019. We had lost our baby boy a few months earlier in December 2018 due to complications during delivery — placental abruption/premature labor. When we were ready to try again, my cycles post-partum never got back on track. My OB did not want us to waste time and immediately referred us to him. Since I trust my OB, I trusted his referral. Dr. Mukherjee listened to us as we recounted how we ended up in his office for a consult. He thoroughly reviewed our results and explained to us his plan — 2 IUIs and moving on to IVF if the IUIs did not work. We were comfortable and highly agreed with this plan. The doctors rotate during morning hours but depending on why I was coming into the clinic, the nurse would try to schedule it when Dr. Mukherjee was there. He was not the one who performed our two IUIs but we saw him pretty frequently. We suffered an incomplete miscarriage for the 2nd IUI and he was compassionate through it all. We wanted to take a little bit of a break after that loss before moving on to IVF. He was sympathetic and assured us that he would be there when we were ready to come back.
1st medicated IUI - negative 1 medicated cycle - chemical pregnancy 2nd medicated IUI - miscarriage IVF (freeze all, genetic testing) - upcoming first round; results not yet available
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie, Sarah, Becky)
I initially had more interaction with my primarily nurse but later on I was speaking more with a different nurse. They are not always easy to get a hold of. You have to call the office and a nurse will call you back. I have better luck with our IVF coordinator since she’s very responsive through e-mail. I work in an office setting and my schedule is filled with meetings. It is hard to connect with a nurse if you have to call and they have to call you back. I do not have the luxury to sit around and wait for a call.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Morning monitoring hours are highly efficient. Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days. Other days you are in and out in 10-15 minutes. I am sure the protocols are going to be so different next time I visit in this new Covid world.
My husband’s insurance covered a certain “lifetime fertility” amount. Once those are exhausted, we will pay out of pocket.
N/A at this time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was one instance in which I was waiting for a call with results. I did not get the call until after I spoke with the IVF coordinator.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Daniel Stein] He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed...[new patient advice] Do your own research, ask questions, but know he is very strict with his regimen and won’t necessarily change things if they don’t work for you.
[RMA of NY] Nursing staff was nice, but sometimes rushed through explanations or wrote the wrong thing in email while telling you another on the phonr...It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He go me pregnant with my IVF ever, but he is very strict with his regimen. I felt like at that time i was younger and probably didn't need PGD/PGS but it was not really explained to me. When I returned a few years later, I responded extremely well but had very poor fertilization results, which were surprising and i was left stumped and feeling like something had been missed.
He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed. He was very empathetic when the last retrieval did not result in embryos and was available to speak with.
Antagonist with BC first retrieval and Estrogen priming antagonist protocol for second retrieval.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual. Also, we felt the urologist with RMA was very disinterested in our case so if you are dealing with male factor, probably best to go somewhere else.
Insurance covered first retrieval/transfer. Next round was about 15k. We also did a FET before second retrieval which cost ~3500 (failed transfer)
He prefers eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had great response the second tile and a high number of mature eggs, but none reached to day 5. I feel i could have done a day 3, but they do not offer this. We also felt that there may have been a lab issue, but none were disclosed to us. We just had a very usual result that other doctors were even perplexed by.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles [with Dr. Lekovich]. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos...listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place...is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
Lots of locations [of RMA of New York], usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols...The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions...Monitoring varied a great deal. Sometimes it was empty sometimes it was literally standing room only.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich is straight forward but kind. She does not talk down to you and will explain everything going on. For all the major procedures (retrievals, transfers) she was the one doing it. Monitoring and IUI was done by rotating doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. This is a big clinic and there is no hand holding. Dr. Lekovich is smart and committed but it’s not a mom and pop shop so you need to be assertive at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich listens and shares information. She seems really invested especially once IVF cycles are taking place.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 2 medicated timed intercourse cycles and 2 medicated IUI’s mainly for insurance purposes. These cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I had two ICSI, PGT, freeze-all cycles. The first one only yielded 1 day-5 PGT normal embryo. She adjusted the medication for next Egg Retrieval and I ended up with 4 day-5 PGT normal embryos. I was happy to have an adjustment and better results. My first embryo transfer ended in chemical pregnancy. The second one she added Lupron and I have an ongoing pregnancy from that cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses always seem extremely busy. The phone calls are rushed. Generally they are helpful but I always felt like I needed to push to get an extra minute on the phone to ask questions. They are organized and all very well informed and confident. The nurses that help with the retrievals and transfers are wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of locations, usually not a bad wait for monitoring. The clinic is big so you don’t get any hand holding. Do your own research or be prepared to assert yourself quite a bit to understand treatment protocols.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I lost track of how much money we spent. We had some insurance coverage but still paid around 15-20 thousand total.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich was a very strong proponent of aSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was so anxious awaiting my PGT results. It had been over 2 weeks. I finally called the company that does the testing and apparently they had released the results over a week before. I called RMA and a nurse looked it up and said “oh yes it’s in your chart”. She gave me the results but it was such big important information I would have appreciated getting as soon as possible, not a week late.
Jovana Lekovich
Brooklyn

I loved my doctor but RMA at times did feel like a factory and like I was a number. Some of the doctors were better than others. I wish I had been able to only see Dr. Sekhon but downtown office was not as convenient for me so I usually saw a different MD each visit at Eastside which made it feel less personal. Very clean during COVID and good screening process.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Speaking of just Dr. Sekhon and not RMA, I couldn't be happier with the care she provided, specifically during the IVF process. From even before starting IVF, she demystified the process for me and shared many stories that made me feel more comfortable with the process. She was patient with me, going through the timeline of events and what to expect in detail along the way. Every time we spoke she eased my anxiety. I did not see her every visit but I would travel further from UES to downtown often because I always felt better seeing her than other providers. She was warm, yet straight to the point. Great bedside manner. I trusted the care she was giving me. I also appreciate how available she was over email when I had burning questions that I didn't want to wait until the next appointment- this is huge when going through something so emotional/time consuming. While I wish I did not have to do IVF of course, I feel lucky to have found Dr. Sekhon, and I could not recommend her more.
She is an incredibly busy clinician with lots of patients. If you need her REACH OUT and she will be there for you.
Dr. Sekhon was kind, empathetic and very personal. She NEVER made me feel stupid for asking questions and always took time to explain the process in ways that made me and my husband understand. She was always available over email, including weekends and time off. We had shared decision making and made me feel very comfortable and supported. I trusted what she said because she never steered me wrong. I appreciated her candid but warm nature and her confidence provided me with comfort during this process. She also always asked me how work was and how my family was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie the nurse was very helpful and knew my info well, but I did not always talk to her. The other nurses did not know my course as well and sometimes gave me misinformation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Once did not get a call with results and had to call myself. A few times never got an email for an appointment for monitoring (during covid).
NY - Downtown

He [Dr. Klein] was very honest and clear. He is very accessible via email, always responding promptly. He takes the time to speak and explain things whenever he calls with information. He is always open to answering questions...We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic testing...Monitoring is tough because it goes so quickly due to the number of patients
The nurses [of RMA of NY] are great at answering questions or explaining how to do injections if you find yourself confused...We are a military family and received 25% off because none of our costs were covered by insurance. The cost for egg retrieval and first transfer was around $12,000. This doesn’t include medication costs...It’s nice they have so many clinics so if you unexpectedly need to be seen on the weekend, there is always a clinic you can go to
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was very honest and clear. He is very accessible via email, always responding promptly. He takes the time to speak and explain things whenever he calls with information. He is always open to answering questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask questions because he will take the time to answer your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He is extremely available to his patients always responding promptly to emails. Monitoring is tough because it goes so quickly due to the number of patients
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
The nurses are great at answering questions or explaining how to do injections if you find yourself confused.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s nice they have so many clinics so if you unexpectedly need to be seen on the weekend, there is always a clinic you can go to. They also have great support staff who has access to your files if your doctor is unavailable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It worked pretty well, I usually didn’t wait over 15 mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Early on in my cycle there was a switch of staff and I was getting conflicting information on when to begin medications.

2018 - 2020, Successful
For my last transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy, Dr. Sekhon suggested we use a more toned down/natural protocol with less medication as it wasn't something we tried before. It ended up working for me...[she] is compassionate and has great bedside banners. I can tell that she truly cares about her patients. She is very evidence based and makes sure she listens to your concerns before prescribing a certain protocol.
In my case, RMA did not allow multiple embryo transfers...The downtown location is smaller than the one in midtown which I liked. I didn't have to wait too long for my appointments as it wasn't too crowded. It seems to be very well run. My only suggestion is to have the reception area a little more private so anything that is discussed with a patient remains a little more private and not easily overheard by those waiting in the waiting area.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is compassionate and has great bedside banners. I can tell that she truly cares about her patients. She is very evidence based and makes sure she listens to your concerns before prescribing a certain protocol. I enjoyed working with Dr. Sekhon.
Ask questions and follow up if something is not clear.
I didn't feel like I was treated like a number.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had several protocols with many different medications. For my last transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy, Dr. Sekhon suggested we use a more toned down/natural protocol with less medication as it wasn't something we tried before. It ended up working for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is wonderful. I felt they really cared.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I had single embryo transfers for all my transfers. In my case, RMA did not allow multiple embryo transfers. Though I understand why they didn't approve multiple embryo transfers for me, I would've still like that decision to be up to me.
NY - Downtown
Dr. Klein is very thorough and honest. He is extremely accessible and always answers emails promptly and is great at addressing our numerous concerns and questions...We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic screening. We transferred a single embryo during our first 2 transfers...There are a lot of patients at the practice.
The [RMA of New York] clinic is very responsive. They seem to run on time and you are seen quickly during morning monitoring hours. It's nice that they have so many clinics, that way if you ever need to see someone over the weekend there is always a clinic open...We received a 25% discount because we are a military family and fertility treatments are not covered. Our cost for egg retrieval and our first transfer was around $12,000
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein is very thorough and honest. He is extremely accessible and always answers emails promptly and is great at addressing our numerous concerns and questions. While we have not gotten pregnant yet, we trust that Dr. Klein is doing what is best for us and our future family to get us where we want to be.
Ask questions, he is more than willing to answer any and all questions you may have.
There are a lot of patients at the practice. You are seen for 5 minutes during screening.
Nursing staff is excellent and gets in touch with you quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very responsive. They seem to run on time and you are seen quickly during morning monitoring hours. It's nice that they have so many clinics, that way if you ever need to see someone over the weekend there is always a clinic open.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
You can show up in the morning for monitoring hours and are seen first come first served.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of my cycle there was a change in staff and some conflicting information about when I should start medications.
Investor
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation [at RMA of New York]...Monitoring hours get crazy and you definitely feel like they are rushing to get you in and out. However, it’s clear they are highly recommended as the waiting room is always full. Whenever you call with a question, they do a good job of calling you back...[Dr. Michael Lederman is] Smart, but very busy and not sure he wants to dive into my specific issues. Felt like I got the same treatment as everyone else. Still no answers on my infertility and when my husband and I had blood work and testing done, it was the nurse who called with the results and often she couldn’t explain the meaning...Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
NY - Westside

When we wanted to keep trying naturally before we decided to use IVF, Dr. Stein was patient with us and gave my wife and me the space to try. He didn't rush us to IVF, and in the end, it was our decision. He was clear about expectations and always approached us each step of the way with information and statistics. We believe information is power, so the more we knew the better...He's not going to hold your hand the entire way, but he'll tell it to you straight and that helped ease our anxiety about the process.
It was expensive [at RMA of New York], I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process...There as just SO many patients so you can feel sometimes a little lost in the shuffle, even with a coordinator. It is important to always come with a list of questions and really confirm timelines. From retrieval to implantation was longer than we thought and that was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Often Dr. Stein would talk to my wife in a compassionate but clinical way. He didn't hide the challenges or the process, but he wasn't void of emotion either. He was compassionate but forthright with setting expectations.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It was expensive, I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein knows what he's doing...Initially, he was very confident that we would be able to conceive. His confidence fell a little bit when we realized that I wasn't reacting to the injections the way I should have been...During our second IVF cycle, Dr. Stein adjusted the protocol and we retrieved 8 eggs...We were able to achieve pregnancy (despite being told that the embryo was B- to C grade
RMA has been around for a long time. They have a lot of facilities around the state and a knowledgeable staff. That was important to me since I was giving them so much of my time and money. Unfortunately because it's such a big practice, you're sometimes treated more like a number. You don't get a ton of personalized care (although staff did begin to remember my name towards the end). Sometimes I wished that I went to a smaller clinic, but ultimately we achieved our goal of getting pregnant, so I can't complain.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein knows what he's doing. He'll be the first to tell you that he has over 24 years of experience and that's important when you're trusting someone with so much money (and your sanity as well). Initially, he was very confident that we would be able to conceive. His confidence fell a little bit when we realized that I wasn't reacting to the injections the way I should have been. Our first IVF cycle ended up getting cancelled before retrieval as I was not producing enough eggs. During our second IVF cycle, Dr. Stein adjusted the protocol and we retrieved 8 eggs. 6 were mature and 3 made it to blast. Of those 3. 2 tested PGS normal and we transferred 1 embryo in late Spring. We were able to achieve pregnancy (despite being told that the embryo was B- to C grade). The IVF process was pretty difficult, but I'm thankful that RMA was able to help me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or express concerns. He always did his best to respond. We had some issues that came up and he personally made sure they were resolved.
I kind of felt like I was in a farm/factory. The doctor will just look at your chart really quickly and come into the room to monitor you. I understand that this the case with most fertility clinics since there are SOOO many patients that are going through similar struggles.
Our first cycle with Dr. Stein was supposed to be an IUI cycle. He decided to use injectable medications (Menopur) as we didn't have much luck with oral ones. The IUI ended up getting cancelled when I produced too many follicles. Dr. Stein didn't want to risk conceiving multiples and I was disappointed, but understood. Our second cycle with him was IVF. Unfortunately that cycle resulted in too few follicles growing, so we cancelled that one as well as we didn't see a point in doing a retrieval for only 2 eggs. It was devastating to know that I wasn't responding properly to the medications. We went ahead and did an IUI in the hopes that one of the 2 eggs would get fertilized. That cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Prior to our final cycle with Dr. Stein, he decided to adjust the protocol since I was a poor responder. He added Lupron and took out Gonal F. I injected about 6 vials of Menopur per day which resulted in 8 eggs post retrieval. (6 of them mature).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was pretty good. Initially the nurses responded quickly to my emails and questions. Towards the end of my time at RMA, I noticed that the nurses weren't as quick to answer emails.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were simple. It was on a first come-first serve basis. Now that Covid 19 is an issue, that's no longer a case. You can request a time to come in for monitoring hours and they will usually honor that time.
We were lucky that our insured covered most costs for all cycles. We had to pay out of pocket for ICSI and for PGS Testing which costs around $3,000 total.
Dr. Stein believes that elective single embryo transfer will yield the best results and reduce risks to mother and baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
On the week that I was supposed to receive the medication for my second IVF cycle, my IVF coordinator was on vacation, so my medication was not ordered in a timely manner. I had to make some phone calls and do a little bit of complaining, but was resolved (mostly due to my diligence). At another point, a nurse sent someone else's prescription to a random pharmacy under my name. I notified them immediately and they apologized.
NY - Westside
[Dr. Daniel Stein] he's very direct. i never got a diagnosis, but i also never pushed him about why that might be. I'm not sure he could pick me out of a lineup, but I trusted he was making the right recommendations given our situation...if you want a lot of handholding go elsewhere. If you're okay with no-nonsense, he's your guy.
[RMA of New York] It's a factory. they're organized and efficient, but for the most part you're not an individual. They're very organized and it's clear their systems are data driven. I was lucky not to have too many setbacks - and none that were terribly upsetting - so my experience was probably pretty straight forward (so far!)...[nurses are] Always happy to answer even the lamest of questions. Very understanding and compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The practice is a well-run factory, but clearly a factory. I don't require a lot of hand holding, so I didn't push it that much, but it still felt like only the nurses knew me from anyone else. They are fantastic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
IFV was $21K. IUIs were covered by my insurance, so copays were a couple hundred bucks for 4 cycles

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Copperman was warm and personable, but also very direct and factual. I appreciated that he discussed data and probability to give us accurate expectations. He came across as very knowledgeable and trustworthy...You will mostly interact with [his] assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
She [RMA of NY nurse] was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions...I underwent IVF in March/April 2020, at the height of the pandemic. I was super nervous and stressed, but the clinic was very organized and responsive and definitely put me at ease. Luckily, despite the stress, I had a successful transfer.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
You will mostly interact with Dr. Copperman’s assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Our coordinator Samantha was fabulous! She was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions. The nurse Jordyn Banks was also great.
Alan Copperman
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this...He does not support doing multiple embryo transfers because of the risk of multiple gestation. This may not be the case for people with low quality embryos, but when we discussed it, he flat out said no. Only one embryo at a time.
I felt like sometimes I was not told specifics about protocols with my IVF cycle [at RMA of New York]. For example, we decided to go ahead with IVF in November, but the clinic does not do IVF in December, so we had to wait until January. But they still wanted me to come in to the clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle in December but no one told me this...Monitoring hours were quick and efficient, even when there were 30 people in the waiting room.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was a wonderful physician. He listened to our concerns, and answered all our questions without being condescending or rushed. He gave us his email after our first appointment, and any time I emailed him with questions, he responded promptly. He was very kind and supportive of our decisions throughout our fertility journey.
Utilize his email. The process of infertility treatments can mess with your head, so use his email when you have questions or concerns about any aspect of what's going on.
Dr. Klein was very open and kind. He gave us his email address on the day of our consultation and told us to contact him anytime with questions.
Dr. Klein and his team are very concerned about success rates for people trying to conceive as well as doing it in the safest way possible. They follow the newest and best protocols from research (and some of the research they do themselves at RMA). He started us with IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot because my last fertility clinic only used OPK for IUI (obviously without success). After 2 of those, he was willing to do 1-2 more, but we were ready for IVF. He was supportive of this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer; Katherine)
We had an interesting time with coordinators because our first went out on medical leave in the middle of our retrieval cycle and no one told us. I had to email Dr. Klein to figure out why she hadn't emailed me back. I do not know the details of her leave, so I empathize that emergencies do happen, but I wish there had been better communication about it. The nursing staff overall were very nice. Because of my personal history with disordered eating and weight preoccupation, I do not like to know my weight when it is taken at the clinic. I asked to not be told, but the nurse thought it was a joke and was very lighthearted about it. I wish they had been a little more sensitive to what I was asking.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic in White Plains does not have rooms for male partners to provide samples. They expect you to provide a sample at home and then bring it with you to the clinic. It was awkward to say the least to go through that since we live almost 50 minutes away from the clinic. Otherwise, the space is fine. RMA overall gives military discounts, which I appreciate so much. Tricare (military insurance) does not cover IVF or any IVF medications, so it was a huge financial strain on us to do it. But with the discount, it made it much more affordable, and I appreciate them giving it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our insurance does not cover IUI or IVF, so it would have been close to $20,000 (including medications), but military personnel get a discount, so the cost was lower.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I felt like sometimes I was not told specifics about protocols with my IVF cycle. For example, we decided to go ahead with IVF in November, but the clinic does not do IVF in December, so we had to wait until January. But they still wanted me to come in to the clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle in December but no one told me this. I got a call while I was at work, asking if I was coming in for monitoring. I also wasn't given a written (or emailed) instruction about my first few medication injections. They quickly told me over the phone my prescription and promised to follow up with an email. I never got the email until I reached out to Dr. Klein asking for clarification.
Westchester

I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made....Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1 on a sunday and a doctor on call phoned me... I had left a message wondering what next steps were now that I was on day 1 to prep for a transfer, and she was confused about what I would be transferring. "you have no embroys with us" she said. Last I had spoken to them I had 3 that were still progressing. They told me later that they have in their logs that a nurse called and left a message, but a) I never got a message. my phone is glued to me b) should they leave that in a message anyway?
NY - Westside

As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing.... I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.... I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
RMA is a great place. It has a good energy, there is never a long wait time, there is always tons of patients there. I think because it is a franchise, it definitely has more of a one size fits all approach. So if your case is complicated in anyway, I am not sure if this is the place.... My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
As other reviews have stated, Dr. Grunfeld speaks quickly. But if you have read up on medication for IVF, embryo stages, PGS testing, etc., it's easy to follow and not confusing. That said, I definitely think he doesn't go into all of the details and is talented at making you just trust the process. I wish more was discussed about the fertilization process of the actual egg, the growth of the embryo, the different embryo qualities and then what happens before PGS testing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Be prepared before your consult, but I think that applies to all doctor consults in this process. There are so many talented doctors in NY, you have to trust your intuition.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I am confident that RMA is a top-notch facility and Dr. Grunfeld is a great doctor. My questions were always answered and everyone, the nurses, staff and doctors all work together smoothly. I felt in good hands. I just felt like the process of what happens post egg retrieval was not discussed at all. I had two embryos reach blastocyst and they discarded them based on their quality. I feel like a frozen transfer with PGS testing should not be a one size fits all approach and Dr. Grunfeld doesn't believe in any other way.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Day 2 I began 5ml Lupron and 300 Follistim in the AM and 5ml Lupron and 150mg Menopur in the PM . I did that for 10 days until my trigger shot. My trigger was Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Organized, readily available, always returned calls, followed up after morning monitoring with emails to re-confirm the results of your monitoring and thus what dosages/meds to take.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient. No waiting, no stress, bloodwork, then ultrasound and then you are out the door and on to the rest of your day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
15,500 for a complete frozen cycle. My embryos did not qualify for transfer, so that was cancelled. So I received a 5,400 credit. Medication ranged about $3000-4000. I did one IUI and that was $700 plus $150 cost for trigger shot. They do offer package deals for multiple cycles.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Grunfeld believes in frozen transfers with single embryo post PGS testing.
Lawrence Grunfeld
NY - Eastside

Dr. Sandler seems to be very knowledgeable about his field and really cares about his patients. But his communication skills are a bit lacking. He seems to run the appointments with a clear formula in mind, most prominently considering what he thinks you need rather than answer your questions or listening to what your concerns are. We wouldn’t focus on the things that I wanted to talk about or I was concerned with but rather the things he thought we should be discussing.
RMA is a super organized clinic that has very clear processes in place to meet all patients’ needs. However they see huge volume of patients. What that actually means is you get your needs met but it is not by the same team, you see a different doctor each time, and sometimes this results in what feels like less personal care....There are all different nurses each day and at each clinic. They are all really nice and helpful. Some were more helpful in answering questions than others. I really liked the nurses at the Brooklyn clinic where I was receiving most of my monitoring.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Do research on your own and come with specific questions you want answered, and don’t be shy to jump in and ask them. Otherwise he will just do his spiel. Don’t expect to see him more than once or twice, but the whole team at RMA is nice and supportive so you’re in good hands!
We did six IUI cycles over all. The first one was unmedicated and failed. The second one was unmedicated with the ovidrel trigger shot and failed. The third through sixth attempts were medicated with letrozole and ovidrel trigger shot, all of which failed as well. We are now in conversation about moving to IVF. Dr Sandler has suggested not doing PGT testing since he doesn’t think I’ll have enough embryos given my low AMH level.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The main strength is that this clinic was open on weekends and holidays which was a huge advantage because most of my IUIs ended up falling on weekends. They take the time sensitivity of these procedures seriously. However you see a different doctor every time as a result. Their success rates are also high but so are their prices.
I paid out of pocket because I don’t have coverage (really, because my insurance plan is homophobic!). I paid $305 for each IUI and sonograms and bloodwork was additional but my insurance covered those. Medications were not covered (about $60/month) and neither was donor sperm ($950/vial). We are now discussing costs of IVF.
I did not do IVF yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They failed to provide info to my insurance company until I harassed them about it several times. The nurses often gave conflicting info about what time to do my trigger shot so I never really knew what was right.
NY - Eastside

Dr Flisser was very responsive during all of my treatment cycles. Always available to answer any questions and very prompt as well. He gives you a realistic idea of what to expect during the process and was also available to answer questions even after I had transferred care to my OB at 8 weeks gestation. Very caring and knowledgeable... We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF
The doctors [at RMA NY] are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please see prior answer. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He has remained responsive through the whole treatment process and even after. Gives realistic expectations. Would definitely recommend him
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust him. If you have questions don’t hesitate to ask as he is very open and responsive to answering them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF which worked on the first cycle for us. Never did he push us to go one way or the other but rather always gave us our options and allowed us to chose
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney )
Great staff and very prompt in calling back with test results
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctors are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already. Specifically Destiny C from their collections department called me saying I would be sent to collections for the amount and I called my insurance and found out The bill was paid by them and they I was being illegally charged for it
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Cycles covered by insurance. Had to pay few thousand for medications and for anesthesiologist and genetic testing
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Happy to have had single embryo transfer as multiples could have led to a complicated pregnancy
NY - Eastside

My first interaction with Dr. Flisser was for a consultation after 2 failed IVF cycle. He suggested to do another IVF with my eggs inspite of having failed cycles with my own eggs but after a through search and soul searching I have decided to do a donor egg IVF cycle which Dr. Flisser agreed...We have used a shared donor egg and had a medicated embryo transfer (Estrace and Progresterone used)
The office [of RMA of New York] could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit...We will be using a shared donor cycle with ICSI and PGT; Frozen Embryo Transfer at a later date. total cost for the cycle is about $ 29,000.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
My first interaction with Dr. Flisser was for a consultation after 2 failed IVF cycle. He suggested to do another IVF with my eggs inspite of having failed cycles with my own eggs but after a through search and soul searching I have decided to do a donor egg IVF cycle which Dr. Flisser agreed. I will continue to meet him once in a while during monitoring hours (they have different doctors doing monitoring hours) but if I see him, he will answer my questions and I didn't feel rushed asking them.
Have your questions ready. Know and write your "infertility story/journey" so you have something to refer to during consultations and monitoring hours. Don't be afraid to discuss any suggestions or anything that might help success with your cycle.
He reviewed with me my previous cycle in their clinic while I was in the consultation. He listened and answered all my questions during the visit. After a failed cycle, I met with him as to discuss as to what happened. As a patient with multiple failed cycle, I wanted to hear an exact explanation as to why the cycle failed (we used a donor egg) and of course I did't get the answer I wanted but he was empathetic about the results and was open to any suggestions I had moving forward with another cycle.
We have used a shared donor egg and had a medicated embryo transfer (Estrace and Progresterone used). We had 2 normal PGD and 1 was transferred but was unsuccessful. Dr. Flisser discussed that we don't see everything with a biopsied embryo and this is most likely what happened here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
I only have spoken with Dara (nurse) over the phone and via email but she is great. She responds quickly to email! I met their donor egg coordinator, Fabiana and she is fabulous. She showed compassion during our first meeting and spend time to hear my concerns about using donor egg.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is my second time coming back to RMA so that means something! They are a well oil machine and have been in the fertility department for a while now. The office could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit.
Since this is a normal PGD embryo and with my age they choose only to put a single embryo transfer which I am okay here.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I know they are a busy clinic with multiple patients calling or inquiring with results. We had some tests done and didn't receive a call as we were told we would have. I hadto email the nurse about the result. I know she would have called but you also need to be on top of your care. There were some slight issues with their billing department. I have received a bill after the cycle has ended and have paid for the treatment. It was resolved quickly but imagine receiving a bill after all of that!
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Lederman firmly believes in only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He also insists on only transferring PGS/PGD tested embryos...I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
The Westchester location [of RMA of New York] is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a great doctor. He's relatively warm and compassionate, but he's also realistic. He always sets expectations. I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Write everything down, and ask him to repeat himself - he talks fast! Ask lots of questions.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Retrieval #1: Gonal-F in the morning, Menopur in evening. Cetrotide added 5 days before trigger. Dual trigger shot (HCG and lupron). 14 days of stims. Resulted in 20 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5, 4 PGS normal. Before first transfer: hysteroscopy - 2 small polyps and small adhesion removed. Transfer #1: BCP, estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #2: Next cycle after. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #3. RPL panel (negative), karyotyping (negative), saline sonogram (negative) biopsy (positive for endometritis). 2 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in negative. Transfer #4: 3 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in CP. Retrieval #2: Gonal-F in the morning, higher dose (than last time) or Menopur in the evening. Cetrotide added 6 days before trigger. Lupron trigger only. 15 days of stims. 19 eggs, 18 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5/6/7, 5 PGS normal, 1 inconclusive. Transfer #5: 12 days of birth control pills, 5 days overlapping with 10 units of lupron. Continued 10 units of lupron until light period arrived, reduced to 5 units. 3.5 weeks of lupron total. Estrodiol added 2x day, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in pregnancy starting with very low beta (37 at 9dp5dt) - currently 9+2 weeks.
Primary PA was easy to reach and quick to answer questions when she was at work. If she was out, I got calls with results from nursing staff I had never met.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester location is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient on weekdays at the Westchester location. Terrible cattle-call on the weekends at the Madison Ave location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered our IUIs and $10K or IVF, plus $10K of medications. RMA charged us the remainder. First 2 transfers were included in insurance cost. Each transfer after was $3500. Costs included bloodwork, ultrasounds, and monitoring appointments. Once we were paying out of pocket for IVF #2, the total cost included all appointments, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and 1 transfer. PGS is private pay, and any procedure (saline sonogram, biopsy) is charged to your insurance.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.

2018 - 2019, Consult
Dr. Stein addressed my questions and concerns, but I felt a bit that they were brushed away (perhaps to ease my concerns) in an unhelpful way when I would've preferred a more serious, detailed response. The exam itself was very quick and I felt unnecessary since I already had results from a previous doctor and he seemed too in a rush anyway....I would've appreciated a more thorough consultation. My case isn't a particularly complicated one, but I felt that I was brushed off rather than engaged for what my concerns were.
The clinic [RMA of NY] had good communication with me over e-mail so far. I appreciated that I could ask whatever questions I had and expect a timely answer. The e-mail point person switched several times within the last year, which could be confusing, but the clinic was consistent in following up with me.... I would've appreciated a more thorough consultation. My case isn't a particularly complicated one, but I felt that I was brushed off rather than engaged for what my concerns were.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I would've appreciated a more thorough consultation. My case isn't a particularly complicated one, but I felt that I was brushed off rather than engaged for what my concerns were. I also felt that my concerns were met with a don't-worry-about-it sort of response rather than answered more directly and thoroughly. I'm detailed oriented and felt that the response was a bit disconcerting.
To not be afraid to act direct questions and follow up if the answers aren't as thorough as you'd like them to be.
I went in only for an initial consultation for possible egg freezing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic had good communication with me over e-mail so far. I appreciated that I could ask whatever questions I had and expect a timely answer. The e-mail point person switched several times within the last year, which could be confusing, but the clinic was consistent in following up with me.
I encountered only the initial consultation, which was covered by my insurance.