Natan Bar-Chama

5 East 98th St
200 West 57th St
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone...I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos.
I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse....Monitoring appointments at RMA of New York are well organized. I typically never waited longer than 15 minutes to be called and was typically always in and out within 45 minutes....It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. McAvey has been fine. Whenever we speak she is kind and hopeful. I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos. It was only then that she let me know about taking CoQ10 to improve egg quality and to pursue acupuncture (which I had pursued on my own and told RMA I was doing). If you have questions, Dr. McAvey will absolutely answer them, via email or phone. But it's really up to the patient to proactively ask (and research/figure out WHAT to ask). When we found out there would be no transfer cycle for us, Dr. McAvey was optimistic and encouraged us to try again as IVF is really just "a numbers game".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Do your own research and ask as many questions as you can at your initial consultation and all throughout the process. You have to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone. At RMA, it's easy to feel like a number, because there are so many women being treated there every day. Even when I felt like "just a number" on my monitoring days, Dr. McAvey never made me feel that way during any of our interactions.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
3 cycles of IUI: five days of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot, IUI I cycle IVF (retrieval only, no normal embryos to transfer): Gonal F / Menopur / Cetrotide / Dual Trigger Lupron + hCG I was not given a rationale for following this protocol. I have a good ovarian reserve for my age, so based on this IVF cycle my issue appears to be egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses at RMA of New York ranged from pretty nice to very nice. All of the questions I had throughout my IVF cycle were answered by the nurses vs. the doctors. Whenever I asked, they would sit down with me to walk me through the process and help me figure out my "medication ordering plan" (since I found the process of ordering the meds to be more stressful than actually taking them).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of New York definitely has a system down. It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day. There was one doctor at RMA that I didn't particularly care for (his bedside manner was not a match for me) that did one of my IUI's, and I would never have actually chosen him to do it. At RMA, you are very limited when it comes to choice in that sense. I didn't even SEE the doctor who did my IVF egg retrieval. I was already under anesthesia before he even came into the room. Overall, I've had a good experience at RMA (despite my treatment failures).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
My health insurance covered my IUIs in full and one cycle of IVF (up to $10,000), however it did not cover most of the expensive IVF medications. For my IVF retrieval cycle, out of pocket I paid ~$4,500 for my medications, $2,000 for the embryo biopsy, $750 for anesthesia, and $750 for PGS testing of 4 embryos plus all office co-pays ($40 each). Billing for my IVF egg retrieval procedure hasn't gone through my insurance yet, so I don't know if I will owe anything additional.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse. Not mission critical information, but things like 'how many days before you should expect your period' or 'how many eggs are normally retrieved from someone my age'.
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside
I have seen MANY doctors in the office. Dr. Grunfeld has called me a few times to explain next steps. I wish that questions were answered at the time of the visit, however. I find that I have to call into the office or email the nurses with questions. He also isn’t the doctor that does my retrieval, but I know timing does play a factor in this.... The office moves quick at times. I feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions that requires me to email or call the office at a later point.
The office [RMA of NY] moves quick at times. I feel like I have a lot of unanswered questions that requires me to email or call the office at a later point.... Anytime I email the nurses they get back to me with an answer quick and prompt. They are friendly and easy to approach with questions.... My medications were sent to CVS. CVS doesn’t fill fertility meds. I was then told to call and figure out what happened instead of the IVF coordinator.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions and demand to get answers before you leave.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did 3 IUIs due to insurance purposes. Those failed and we moved into IVF. The first round resulted in zero embryos that could be used. We moved into another round of IVF but only had 4 eggs and body was responding well to meds (GonalF- 225 and Menopur 2 vials). We changed to an IUI cycle which ended up failing. I was also diagnosed with endometritis after the retrevial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Vivian and Clara)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths- runs like a well oiled machine. They seem to have all appointments in an appropriate time. You know what to expect when it comes to medications and appointments necessary. Weaknesses- sometimes you feel like a number. Ask lots of questions!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
I have insurance. Currently an IVF cycle is approximately $6,200.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No comment here. Haven’t gotten to a transfer yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
My medications were sent to CVS. CVS doesn’t fill fertility meds. I was then told to call and figure out what happened instead of the IVF coordinator. Took almost a week to straighten it out (only to find out the number of refills then got messed up as a result)
NY - Eastside

She [Dr. Lekovich] is friendly and understanding. She took her time with my husband and I and gave us thorough explanations. She is excellent at putting me at ease, which I experienced when doing the saline sonogram...This cycle she upped the menopur, isnt doing lupron, and is doing cetrotide. She started this cycle earlier (I was on the pill for less time) This is the second IVF cycle I have done with her.
Office [RMA] was not completely on top of beginning the first cycle. They are fairly receptive. Every sonogram during monitoring I get a different doctor, most are fine but one is not gentle. Dr. Letterman - try not to get him...[Nursing Staff] Nice but do not always explain everything thoroughly...[Monitoring Appointments] Pretty efficient. It is from 7 - 8:30 in the morning,..osts are very expensive, over 15,000 per cycle, not including medications and the anesthesiologist.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She is friendly and understanding. She took her time with my husband and I and gave us thorough explanations. She is excellent at putting me at ease, which I experienced when doing the saline sonogram. Years ago I had a terrible experience with the hsg and was nervous. She is good at making conversation and is pleasant all around. I had Dr. Copperman before, she is a million times better.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Nothing in particular
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Very understanding, she explains well and has a great bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
She has used gonal f, menopur, lupron. This cycle she upped the menopur, isnt doing lupron, and is doing cetrotide. She started this cycle earlier (I was on the pill for less time) This is the second IVF cycle I have done with her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Nice but do not always explain everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Office was not completely on top of beginning the first cycle. They are fairly receptive. Every sonogram during monitoring I get a different doctor, most are fine but one is not gentle. Dr. Letterman - try not to get him.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Pretty efficient. It is from 7 - 8:30 in the morning, which has been difficult as I live in queens.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Costs are very expensive, over 15,000 per cycle, not including medications and the anesthesiologist. I have gotten a discount through using Bonei Olam, but it is still very expensive.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No comments
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The first doctor I had, Dr. Copperman, was not thorough in his explanations or the routine I would go through. I am lucky to have support from people outside of the clinic or I would not know what to expect.
Jovana Lekovich
NY - Eastside

Dr. Stein is very direct and honest with his patients. He explains every step of the process and answers all questions patiently with images and diagrams when necessary. He has given honest feedback when asked and has responded to emails or calls on a timely manner.... You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
-Monitoring hours [at RMA of NY-West Side] are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.... The nursing staff and coordinator are patient and answer all your questions in a timely and detailed manner. They help you figure out every step of the process and will return your calls or emails very quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Bring your partner to your first visit. You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was very honest and direct. He explained every step clearly and him and his team were very responsive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
-Monitoring hours are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super easy. Hours were early which allowed minimal interruption to my work schedule, especially if you arrive early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Around 19000 without medication.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Stein advised we only transfer one embryo because it would be the safest for me and the baby.
NY - Westside

Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld was honest and candid about my odds using my own eggs and we tried that route with no success. He didn't seem too eager to adjust the treatment plan for my second attempt with OE but when I insisted he listened and followed suit. He was compassionate when needed and helped me move onto donor eggs when that time came...will only consider eSET, at least in my case.
There are lots of resources due to the size of [RMA of New York]. Larger clinics maybe more/less appealing depending on the type of patient and your needs. Doctors are very knowledgable but have very specific opinions about care. Monitoring times were usually efficient...The nursing staff was efficient with good follow through. Emails were returned quickly...My IVF DE coordinator mistakenly told me my embryos were sent for PGS testing when this was not what I wanted or paid for. This was a shock at first then she corrected herself.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Do you research, ask lots of questions and be your own advocate.
The doctor took time to explain the treatment and options clearly.
Gonal 300-450/daily, menopur 1/2 vial/daily & trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Aja Kane )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There are lots of resources due to the size of the clinic. Larger clinics maybe more/less appealing depending on the type of patient and your needs. Doctors are very knowledgable but have very specific opinions about care. Monitoring times were usually efficient.
Dr. Grunfled will only consider eSET, at least in my case.
NY - Westside

Daniel Stein gets straight to the point when it comes to giving you a diagnosis and courses of treatment and the likelihood in each treatment. Giving you hope but also keeping you grounded with letting you know the risks and the chances of a viable pregnancy.... If your looking for a doctor who will not sugar coat things, this is the doctor you want.... Antagonist protocol Medications used: Chorionic Gonad, Menopur, Leuprolide trigger, Gonal f, Ganirelix, Progesterone.
Monitoring hours [at RMA NY] are really early usually between 7AM or 8:30AM, which monitoring hours could be held through the day, especially when having a job. The waiting rooms are usually packed for monitoring hours and people have to stand some days, it’s very overwhelming sometimes.... All nurses, car coordinator and nursing staff were very accommodating and polite. I have a fear of needles and they took the time, never rushed me on blood draws
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He spoke directly to me instead of at me and without hesitation or personal feelings he was very blunt, which I prefer in a doctor.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All nurses, car coordinator and nursing staff were very accommodating and polite. I have a fear of needles and they took the time, never rushed me on blood draws even when they were swamped. I typically saw the same round of nurses and it was nice to always see a familiar face.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are really early usually between 7AM or 8:30AM, which monitoring hours could be held through the day, especially when having a job. The waiting rooms are usually packed for monitoring hours and people have to stand some days, it’s very overwhelming sometimes.
NY - Westside
When I came in for my consultation I was a little taken aback because he [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] didn’t review all my records. He said he trusted my previous doctor who in the end made big mistakes. However throughout my treatment with him everything went smoothly and he did everything correctly...He was very adamant about a single embryo transfer would not even consider multiple
Even though it is a big clinic [RMA of New York] you are still treated like a human and not overlooked. Everything is taken care of for you and they are on top of everything. The financial advisor is amazing and tries to help you save money with insurance and explains everything very clearly...I came from a previous clinic where I was treated as a number. Here I felt more like a human. A doctor saw me at all times. Billing was so helpful always trying to help me find a way to cover costs. I felt like I was cared for
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
When I came in for my consultation I was a little taken aback because he didn’t review all my records. He said he trusted my previous doctor who in the end made big mistakes. However throughout my treatment with him everything went smoothly and he did everything correctly
Took medication days 5-9 and came in for ultrasound day 12. Came back one time after that to make sure I was ready for ovidrel injection which they administered in the office
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were very competent and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Even though it is a big clinic you are still treated like a human and not overlooked. Everything is taken care of for you and they are on top of everything. The financial advisor is amazing and tries to help you save money with insurance and explains everything very clearly
My insurance covered 90 percent of all costs. The costs were very minimal
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] wasn’t a good listener but he’s good at his craft. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it’s a busy clinic so I didn’t feel like I got all the attention I deserved. Luckily I caught a mistake and was able to set back the month of my transfer, ultimately making it a success. It was my doing, not the doctor or office.
The place [RMA of NY-Eastside] is busy. Always. It made me trust that they knew what they were doing, if for nothing else because they did it so much. But you need to keep up on your own schedule and not trust that they are able to- they’re too busy... Primary nurse (Clara) was good and always contacted me. My IVF coordinator was useless.... Because of my age they would only transfer one embryo (I’m over 40).
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He wasn’t a good listener but he’s good at his craft. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it’s a busy clinic so I didn’t feel like I got all the attention I deserved. Luckily I caught a mistake and was able to set back the month of my transfer, ultimately making it a success. It was my doing, not the doctor or office.
Know your body and trust your intuition.
He talked at me and didn’t listen too well. I got pregnant though so he’s the man :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The place is busy. Always. It made me trust that they knew what they were doing, if for nothing else because they did it so much. But you need to keep up on your own schedule and not trust that they are able to- they’re too busy
I had city insurance which covered 25% co-insurance
Because of my age they would only transfer one embryo (I’m over 40).

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He’s very thorough. During the consolation Dr. Sandler goes over the whole reproductive process, your chances of conceiving and the full overview of what to expect. I was just hesitant going to a for profit place. But I’m on to my 3rd doctor and feel that I have to give RMA a fair chance too. The nurses seem to be there to support you along the way. I will say the nurses who draw blood aren’t as good as Columbia but I’m sure I can get over that. I felt that other places were too conservative and didn’t understand my rush even though I’m 36.
The waiting time [at RMA-NY- East Side] isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all... The total cost will probably be around $20k. We did an IUI with them that is still going through insurance. They will go over the cost of the meds and retrieval for you before you start and set up a payment plan. They have to look into your insurance first anyway to get approval.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Go in with all of your previous blood work and a list of questions. He’s very knowledgeable so ask him anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I can ask them anything and they will get back to me ASAP.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting time isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Benjamin Sandler

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he [Dr. Daniel Stein] was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help...Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well...I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
RMA is a strong clinic and well organized. It is huge, and they do a good job of managing individual cases. They always return phone calls within the hour. It does feel like a bit of a factory given the size. They are also fairly conservative/traditional. They do not believe in immunology issues and are not particularly open/imaginative about understanding RPL. They are very evidence-based, which is not a bad thing, but I do wonder since other places are more open to experimental treatments!
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is smart, experienced and knows his stuff. He explains things well and is a realist - a described pessimist. I think he did a good job with our egg retrieval, as he was very exacting about my timing and when to trigger. We got good results from the retrieval (though a lot of that is because of my eggs). I found the transfer VERY uncomfortable (I am not a great gyno patient) and he was incredibly impatient and unsupportive in the moment. My transfer took, but then I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, exactly the same time I had miscarried with my two natural pregnancies. Despite the fact that he had pushed for IVF to control for embryo quality, and then the embryo quality didn't seem to make a difference (they were PGD tested), he had no explanation for why I might have miscarried. He also was not overly sensitive and wanted to just 'try again.' he said it's a numbers game. He was very dismissive of my suggestions (other women in my family had a bicornuate uterus, but he immediately said I didn't have that). When I went to get a second opinion from another clinic, they suggested a different protocol. I brought that suggestion back to him and he was immediately dismissive, judgmental and unprofessional. He told me that clinic had a 'terrible reputation' (despite the fact that he had trained the doctor) and that their suggestions were off-base. This was a phone call, after not responding to my email for a few weeks. He claimed he had. Overall, he left a very bad taste in my mouth and I felt unsafe/uncared for in his care. I think he is very smart and knows his stuff but is very arrogant and not open-minded. While I think he likely provides good care overall and helps a lot of women have success, I would not recommend him to a close friend.
Be your own advocate, and push him hard if you disagree.
There were so so many patients in and out of RMA - there would often be at least 20 other women in the waiting room while I was there. Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well (I had had a horrible miscarriage with gushing blood for 12 days, came to see him to make sure I wasn't hemorrhaging and he helped break up the clots, and then had no memory a short time later as to why I would be anemic. Also didn't seem to check my chart). I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
I believe it was a standard protocol, with menapur, gonal F, and the trigger. for the transfer, we used PIO and estrace. When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza?)
Eliza is amazing!! There was another nurse too who comforted me when I cried about starting PIO. I wish I remember her name. Overall, the nurses are amazing there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I liked that the hours were early and I could go before work, and the window of time was substantial. However, it is such a huge place that sometimes I would wait an entire hour. And there was no way to predict it! So I'd have to go much earlier than I wanted just in case. It did feel a bit like cattle call.
For me, Dr Stein believed strongly in transferring one embryo, because multiples bring higher risks. I agree with this assessment and appreciated it. (He also has twins himself, so that may bias him).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They did not give my husband clear instructions about when to ejaculate at home to prepare for the sperm deposit. It was very stressful.
NY - Westside

When I started seeing her [Dr. Kudesia] she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss....The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis... I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant
Strengths [of RMA] are efficiency...I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room...they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered...The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF...We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis. Considering I had been pregnant 3 times naturally before coming to the clinic, I think they just assumed his sperm was healthy. It wasn't until I personally had to enforce it did my husband get his sperm analysis and now here we are 8 months later still not pregnant, but found out that my husband has 0% motility. My 40th birthday is this year, and we will have to make a big decision about IVF. I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant and was chalking it up to unexplained infertility, and shouldn't have even allowed us to do IUI without him having a sperm analysis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
To make sure you ask every question you have, as she doesn't really give answers unless you come with questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
I felt like a human because I could really tell she cared. I had a full term still birth in 2016, I was 39 weeks pregnant and I lost my son to an umbilical cord accident. When I started seeing her she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss.
Describe the protocols Rashmi Kudesia used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First we tested my AMH and it was very good, and since I had been pregnant 3 times before we just did a non-medicated natural cycle that she monitored. I produced follicles on my own, ovulated according to the blood work, etc. Then when that didn't work she suggested we go right to IUI unmedicated and I did one unmedicated and it didn't work. Then we did one IUI cycle where I took 50mg of clomid, and then they gave me the trigger shot of ovidrel and that IUI also failed. Then I didn't have any more money for IUI's and my insurance covers NOTHING for fertility treatments. So then she decided to increase my dose of clomid to 100mg and then I gave myself the trigger at home, negative again. Then she increased me to 150mg clomid and I did the trigger shot again at home, negative. That following month she discovered a polyp on my uterus and I had read that was a side effect of clomid. On Feb, 14th 2017 I had the polyp surgically removed. Before we started trying again and while I was healing I had my husband go get his sperm analysis. Thats when we discovered his motility was 0%.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths are efficiency. I was VERY surprised for NYC and how busy they were that I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room, a lot better than my OB's office ! Also they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered. I also liked that I had a way to communicate with Dr. Kudesia over email. I found that very personal. The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF. In our case we do have to jump to IVF because of my age and my husbands sperm motility, and I just wished from day one they would have made him get tested.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.
$75 per blood test $250 for monitoring, $1250 for IUI, $150 for sperm analysis, $125 for phone calls, $375 for in person meet ups. All in all I spent 10K in 2017.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
It was just more oversights, and assumptions. We once had the nurse call and she thought we were doing an IVF cycle, when clearly I had discussed with finance several times it just wasn't possible as I have zero insurance coverage for this. The plan my job provides has no coverage what so ever.
Rashmi Kudesia
Brooklyn

Dr. Beth McAvey is personal and warm. She is direct and reply to emails....As this is my first IVF, I wish Dr. McAvey explained to me which treatment is choose for me and educate me a little bit more on what to expect. I did most of my learning through reading and google online. I wish I have more options available to me for me to consider if the 1st treatment failed....Lupron protocol was used for me, don't know the rationale of why using Lupron.
RMA seemed pretty organized and well run, most of appointments are on schedule. I wish they give me more clear answer on the state run grant's availability. I follow up many times on the status and I always get respond that they do not have a contract signed with the grant yet....I always get different nurse on each blood work result and call back. They are give clear instructions and answer my questions.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Educated yourself more on the IVF topic. I was abit overwhelmed and clueless.
Dr. Beth McAvey is personal and warm. She is direct and reply to emails.
Lupron protocol was used for me, don't know the rationale of why using Lupron. That was exactly my previous comments that I wish Dr. McAvey explained to me more on the treatment strategies. I didn't know how many protocols are available and options before my treatment. All the blood work seemed normal as progressed. As a result of this Protocol, 2 matured size, 2 mid size and 1 small one. Dr. MaAvey did push 1 more day before the trigger shot to give more time for the small one to grow. Result: 5 retried and only 1 inseminated. And the only 1 inseminated one didn't grow after few days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
the overall experience is good. 95% of time are pretty quick and standard. wish I get less bruise from the blood drawing. There are 2 nurses's technique are bite harsh.
3 times of IUI - $2,000 1 IVF - $20,000
Describe Beth McAvey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I didn't get to that stage of process yet, so I don't have good and valuable comments on this topic that I can provide.
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside

In the initial consultation and on follow-up conversations about next steps, Dr. Copperman was very helpful, informative and empathetic. I felt like he really cared about our outcomes and was confident in his expertise during the transfer process which we had to modify at the last minute, switching from one embryo to two. His reasoning was clear and I felt confident in our decisions together...If you feel strongly about one path or another, he's open to hearing that feedback.
The upper east side location [of RMA] has many patients and the phlebotomy staff is large which keeps up with the demand for the daily blood draws and ultrasounds. I once did an IUI over a holiday weekend and there was even staff available then which was reassuring. I also used their facility in Brooklyn Heights which was more convenient for me but smaller. I appreciated that flexibility, when necessary and I always found everyone friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Ask any and all questions you have. If you feel strongly about one path or another, he's open to hearing that feedback.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman and his whole team were really thoughtful and kind throughout the process. They were always available to answer questions or provide support over the phone, email or in person at the office. When I was feeling emotional during the process to getting pregnant, they were honest and caring. I was excited to send them newborn pictures when our baby was born and look forward to working with them again on baby #2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Jordyn was very helpful, responsive and knowledgable. I found working with her really wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The upper east side location has many patients and the phlebotomy staff is large which keeps up with the demand for the daily blood draws and ultrasounds. I once did an IUI over a holiday weekend and there was even staff available then which was reassuring. I also used their facility in Brooklyn Heights which was more convenient for me but smaller. I appreciated that flexibility, when necessary and I always found everyone friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some days the waiting room was busier than others but you could always tell that the support staff was moving through the patients as quickly as they could.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman ordinarily is a very strong proponent of single embryo transfer but on my second transfer, the defrosting process didn't go as smoothly as expected and rather than cancel, they called me that morning to request thawing a second embryo. We did that and then decided to transfer both, which was very unusual for him, as his staff and he reiterated at our transfer. This transfer ended up in a positive pregnancy and a single baby so I'm glad we went this route.
NY - Eastside

We had a very straightforward experience with Dr. Thornton- - a successful FET. Overall, she was competent and pragmatic about the whole process, which we appreciated. She clearly explained and outlined all procedures in a digestible manner. Furthermore, she was accessible and available to answer our questions... While she was not the doctor that performed my retrieval, she took the time to thoroughly review my history and review everything with me so she was completely up to speed when she took over my case.
RMA downtown is a well-oiled and efficient operation. They have access to the midtown lab and facility, but it's a smaller operation, which I preferred. The strengths are that you have access to a range of services and expertise, the same thing can be a weakness because at midtown, you are one among many. At the downtown practice, I felt more like a person than a case number.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She's a good RE, but I don't know how well she would handle complicated cases. Partly, that hesitation is because we didn't have a complicated case, but nevertheless, if I had an out of the box diagnosis, I might have gone elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We had a straightforward eSET when we were trying for our second.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
We had copays and premiums for monitoring and procedures.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Strongly preferred eSET for us.
Kimberley Thornton
NY - Downtown
[Dr. Joseph Davis has an] Excellent bedside manner; takes time to really listen to what you have to say and your concerns; really cares about his patients; and does not 'know best', let's you make your own treatment decisions and fully supports them. Doctor of osteopathic medicine and incorporated eastern medicine (Chinese herbs, other supplements (CoQ-10, baby ASA), and acupuncture)- all important to me and my partner.
Too big- it's a reproductive mill!!...Previously stated what I think are his [Dr. Joseph Davis] strengths. Weaknesses: working in a reproductive clinic [RMA of New York] this large makes personalization of attention and treatment hard. He did not perform all of the IUI, IVF procedures which would have been preferred. Overall we were more satisfied with him than another female doctor that we had.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Previously stated what I think are his strengths. Weaknesses: working in a reproductive clinic this large makes personalization of attention and treatment hard. He did not perform all of the IUI, IVF procedures which would have been preferred. Overall we were more satisfied with him than another female doctor that we had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Do your research, ask questions, and do not take the first suggestion as the oracle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Agonist protocol, standard treatment for woman of my age.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Too big- it's a reproductive mill!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Variable, but usually able to get in with little wait time or difficulty.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
IVF per cycle ~$7 vs. IUI per cycle ~$300
Describe Joseph Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
At my age, multiple embryo transfer should be the standard, to increase the chances of success. I know it also increases chances of multiples, but that can be sorted out later down the road in my opnion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing major, could happen anywhere. Definitely running very efficiently considering the size of the clinic/ volume of patients that they are seeing.

2017, Unknown Success
Clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. I asked to add progesterone supplements this round, because my luteal phase is on the shorter side - Dr. Stein didn't think it was entirely necessary but was willing to try it with me...Dr. Stein is sort of rough around the edges, but he seems to truly care about me and my husband, and about our (hopeful) future pregnancy. He listened to my long list of questions about how to adjust treatment and he explained which ones we could do and which he didn't think were right for us. He was very quick to respond to the one email I sent.
Don't expect to see him at each appointment, but if you need to talk to him, he will certainly make time for a visit...The nurses [at RMA of NY] are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions...The clinic is clean, the receptionists are kind, and the nurses are compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is "no bullshit" and seems a little gruff at first, but he's been very reassuring and comforting to me because his bluntness makes me feel like I can trust him. He responded to an email in great detail and pretty quickly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Not sure - haven't been billed yet.
NY - Westside

He Dr. Copperman] was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt....Did not explain well and was not warm....He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Nice place [RMA] pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms...stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask...She [nurse] was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened...Well run, [monitoring appts] at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt. I am so happy I switched to Dr. Lekovich!!!
Not warm, see someone else
Did not explain well and was not warm.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
She was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice place pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms. Avoid dr copperman, and stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask. If there are med students, feel free to say you dont want them in on meetings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well run, at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Very expensive, luckily I have Bonei Olam who helps with lowering and sharing costs.

2017, Consult
IUI With Other Docs
I had a very positive with Joseph Davis. He was very easy to approach. I felt comfortable asking him my questions. Notably, I have not always felt respected and understood as a queer butch woman in fertility spaces but Joseph made me feel comfortable....I only had a consultation with him but he made me and my partner feel very comfortable. He laid out all of our options, showed us research relevant to our questions, and printed out data to aid us in our decisions.
The best thing about working with RMA is that they have done this all before. They are seriously pros. They know their stuff there and they have a system for everything. They walk you through all of the procedures and teach you how to do anything (inject Ovidrel) that you haven't done before....I had a very positive with Joseph Davis. He was very easy to approach. I felt comfortable asking him my questions.... I only had a consultation with him but he made me and my partner feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to be open about your questions and reservations. He'll help you understand anything that's not clear.
I felt like he really heard our concerns and questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I cannot remember at this time.
NY - Downtown

He [Dr. Copperman] is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback
[Nurses at RMA] They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear...It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols...[Cost of Treatment] 15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor [Dr. Copperman] but you will get quality care
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation
You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care
Gonal f and menopur then ganorellix very straight forward. Lupron and hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols .....................................................................................................................................................................
15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly...I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf...he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis...care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen...Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Medical assistants [at RMA of New York] were all friendly...Never had to really wait...easy to make appointments...lab results came back same day...weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account...After my chemical pregnancy my hormones were crazy...the cycle day of the blood work wasn’t adding up to where I was in my cycle and dr Klein wasn’t clear on this
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly .. I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf .. he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis .. care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen ..
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Stay on top of your care
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Because his practice is very busy
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Medical assistants were all friendly .. nurse was okay
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Never had to really wait .. easy to make appointments .. lab results came back same day .. weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
700 for iui cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
After my chemical pregnancy my hormones were crazy the cycle day of the blood work wasn’t adding up to where I was in my cycle and dr Klein wasn’t clear on this
Jeffrey Klein
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly...I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude....Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Very kind reception and great facility [RMA - West Side]. Well run and organized...[nursing staff] All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly....He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...Over 10k
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention.
Ask lots of questions upfront
I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly
I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Over 10k
Strong preference for one
NY - Westside

I only saw Dr. Flisser a couple of times...during my first consultation, on day one of my cycle for monitoring and maybe twice more quickly for monitoring. A different doctor did my retrieval, whom I had never met, based on the day my retrieval fell and their schedules for doing retrievals. Overall, I think Flisser is a nice guy and is smart/very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. I didn't get the feeling he was paying close attention to my treatment and was invested in my outcome (even if he was, I didn't get that feeling). The communication and follow up with the doctor wasn’t great post cycle...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Eric has a fairly laid back attitude, but he is willing to sit and answer as many questions as you have. When I did see him, he was patient and thorough in his explanations. He is thorough when asked questions, but does not proactively provide a lot of information. It was my first time doing any fertility treatment, so more information regarding expectations and how I was progressing along the way would've been helpful. But if you know what to expect and what questions to ask, you should be ok. I only saw Dr. Flisser a couple of times...during my first consultation, on day one of my cycle for monitoring and maybe twice more quickly for monitoring. A different doctor did my retrieval, whom I had never met, based on the day my retrieval fell and their schedules for doing retrievals. Overall, I think Flisser is a nice guy and is smart/very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. I didn't get the feeling he was paying close attention to my treatment and was invested in my outcome (even if he was, I didn't get that feeling). The communication and follow up with the doctor wasn’t great post cycle. My cycle was unsuccessful and I had questions about options for another cycle and I had to follow up several times to get answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions. You have to be proactive to get information. Know that you may not have him for your retrieval. This is more a statement of the clinic though because each doctor is scheduled to do retrievals on a certain day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I didn't see him much, but when I did, he appeared to remember me and took interest in my progress.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First 5 days: 300 IU of Gonal/F every day ( in the morning ) 2 amps of Menopur ( in the evening ) Last 5 days 300 IU of Gonal/F ( in the morning ) 3 amps of Menopur ( in the evening ) 250 mcg of Cetrotide (in the evening) Trigger shots night before retrieval: 40 units of LupT 1000 IU of hCG
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at the monitoring sessions were all very caring and pleasant. The nurses that would call with instructions or answer questions were very organized and prompt.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pros: The ladies at the front desk are very nice and friendly, as are all the nurses during monitoring hours. The clinic is very organized considering the volume of people coming through there everyday. They always called when they said they would with instructions for the next day and followed up with an email with the exact instructions. The nurses were very available for questions. You'd have to leave a message with the front desk, but a nurse would call you back, even after hours. Cons: There are a LOT of patients in and out each day. The waiting time for monitoring hours can be long. If you arrive a few minutes before they open at 7am, that's your best bet for a short wait time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are from 7am-9am, but the waiting room gets very full and the wait times can be very long. The best time to go is first thing in the morning and be there when they open at 7am. Each time I did this, I never waited more than 10 minutes. However, the waiting does have WiFi, which is nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Approx $18K
Eric Flisser
NY - Eastside

He [Dr Matthew Lederman] is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way...[Nurse] Martha is very kind. Sometimes it seems the staff is overwhelmed with too many people, but she is helpful.
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha [at RMA White Plains]. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%...The clinic is very large and when you have to go to NYC location it is incredibly overwhelming, plus parking is awful....There have been times where the billing staff has been awful and made major mistakes that I have corrected. Sometimes I do feel like a number.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He can be very clinical, so you may have to ask him to explain things in a more simple way. Just know that you can ask him anything at anytime and he will get back to you, even when he is on vacation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I used the "standard" protocol for my first IVF and did not respond well, resulting in only 4 eggs and 2 making it for PGD testing. He now changed the protocol and I'm hoping to start again. He has also done a lot of testing to find out why I miscarried at PGD/PGS tested embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
We have insurance, thank god! So it has costs us about 7K with medication.
Matthew Lederman

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I found DR Stein to be very available, he explained things well. he managed my expectations but not in a damaging way. he was very kind and warm. he spent the time with me needed during crisis situations...the doctor was always available either by phone, or email...I did 2 types of cycles. first without BCP and then with. based on first 2 cycle results, went on to do only cycles without bcp. the strategies ere aimed at increasing number of aggs without sacrificing quality.
There are several nurses who work with this team [at RMA]. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always...billing dept is terrible. the front staff are kind. nobody enforces the rule of "no kids" in the office yet, it is written in a few places.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
to make sure you fully understand the expectations of the cycle proposed
the doctor was always available either by phone, or email. the nursing staff was knowledgeable and superb in returning both emails and phone calls
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
there are several nurses who work with this team. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
some days it was terrible other days it was nice and quick. if you get there early around 7, it is always quick--under 30 minutes
around 15,000$ per cycle
single set was highly recommended and reinforced.

2016, Unknown Success
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Stein did not take me seriously as a patient from the moment I met him.... I had explained my desire to pursue embryo cryopreservation with my partner's sperm. Dr. Stein asked me how long I have been with my partner and his age, and proceeded to tell me that it would be a mistake to proceed with embryo cryopreservation. I felt that it was extremely inappropriate and none of his business.... Draw your own conclusion and try not to get persuaded by doctor's opinion.
Clinic [RMA of NY] is well organized and professional. They informed me of the grants available through NYS and the information pertaining to IVF protocols. They have spent time to explain the various steps of the process.... The costs of IVF cycle were reasonable compared to other clinics in NYC (15k), and the clinic offered to help with grants. I was able to obtain a reduced rate on medication which resulted in $4K savings
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein did not take me seriously as a patient from the moment I met him. When he opened a chart with his assistant, they asked me if I was a lesbian and laughed when I said this is not the case. I had explained my desire to pursue embryo cryopreservation with my partner's sperm. Dr. Stein asked me how long I have been with my partner and his age, and proceeded to tell me that it would be a mistake to proceed with embryo cryopreservation. I felt that it was extremely inappropriate and none of his business.
Draw your own conclusion and try not to get persuaded by doctor's opinion.
Dr Stein was questioning my decision to undergo IVF for the purpose of embryo cryopreservation due to my partner's age. I thought it was very inappropriate.
IFV for egg cryopreservation
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Care coordinator was very helpful and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic is well organized and professional. They informed me of the grants available through NYS and the information pertaining to IVF protocols. They have spent time to explain the various steps of the process.
Did not undergo embryo transfer