Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Dr. Stein is very direct and honest with his patients. He explains every step of the process and answers all questions patiently with images and diagrams when necessary. He has given honest feedback when asked and has responded to emails or calls on a timely manner.... You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
-Monitoring hours [at RMA of NY-West Side] are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.... The nursing staff and coordinator are patient and answer all your questions in a timely and detailed manner. They help you figure out every step of the process and will return your calls or emails very quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Bring your partner to your first visit. You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was very honest and direct. He explained every step clearly and him and his team were very responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
-Monitoring hours are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super easy. Hours were early which allowed minimal interruption to my work schedule, especially if you arrive early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Around 19000 without medication.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Stein advised we only transfer one embryo because it would be the safest for me and the baby.
NY - Westside

Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld was honest and candid about my odds using my own eggs and we tried that route with no success. He didn't seem too eager to adjust the treatment plan for my second attempt with OE but when I insisted he listened and followed suit. He was compassionate when needed and helped me move onto donor eggs when that time came...will only consider eSET, at least in my case.
There are lots of resources due to the size of [RMA of New York]. Larger clinics maybe more/less appealing depending on the type of patient and your needs. Doctors are very knowledgable but have very specific opinions about care. Monitoring times were usually efficient...The nursing staff was efficient with good follow through. Emails were returned quickly...My IVF DE coordinator mistakenly told me my embryos were sent for PGS testing when this was not what I wanted or paid for. This was a shock at first then she corrected herself.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Do you research, ask lots of questions and be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
The doctor took time to explain the treatment and options clearly.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Gonal 300-450/daily, menopur 1/2 vial/daily & trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Aja Kane )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There are lots of resources due to the size of the clinic. Larger clinics maybe more/less appealing depending on the type of patient and your needs. Doctors are very knowledgable but have very specific opinions about care. Monitoring times were usually efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Grunfled will only consider eSET, at least in my case.
NY - Westside

Daniel Stein gets straight to the point when it comes to giving you a diagnosis and courses of treatment and the likelihood in each treatment. Giving you hope but also keeping you grounded with letting you know the risks and the chances of a viable pregnancy.... If your looking for a doctor who will not sugar coat things, this is the doctor you want.... Antagonist protocol Medications used: Chorionic Gonad, Menopur, Leuprolide trigger, Gonal f, Ganirelix, Progesterone.
Monitoring hours [at RMA NY] are really early usually between 7AM or 8:30AM, which monitoring hours could be held through the day, especially when having a job. The waiting rooms are usually packed for monitoring hours and people have to stand some days, it’s very overwhelming sometimes.... All nurses, car coordinator and nursing staff were very accommodating and polite. I have a fear of needles and they took the time, never rushed me on blood draws
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He spoke directly to me instead of at me and without hesitation or personal feelings he was very blunt, which I prefer in a doctor.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All nurses, car coordinator and nursing staff were very accommodating and polite. I have a fear of needles and they took the time, never rushed me on blood draws even when they were swamped. I typically saw the same round of nurses and it was nice to always see a familiar face.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are really early usually between 7AM or 8:30AM, which monitoring hours could be held through the day, especially when having a job. The waiting rooms are usually packed for monitoring hours and people have to stand some days, it’s very overwhelming sometimes.
NY - Westside
When I came in for my consultation I was a little taken aback because he [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] didn’t review all my records. He said he trusted my previous doctor who in the end made big mistakes. However throughout my treatment with him everything went smoothly and he did everything correctly...He was very adamant about a single embryo transfer would not even consider multiple
Even though it is a big clinic [RMA of New York] you are still treated like a human and not overlooked. Everything is taken care of for you and they are on top of everything. The financial advisor is amazing and tries to help you save money with insurance and explains everything very clearly...I came from a previous clinic where I was treated as a number. Here I felt more like a human. A doctor saw me at all times. Billing was so helpful always trying to help me find a way to cover costs. I felt like I was cared for
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
When I came in for my consultation I was a little taken aback because he didn’t review all my records. He said he trusted my previous doctor who in the end made big mistakes. However throughout my treatment with him everything went smoothly and he did everything correctly
Took medication days 5-9 and came in for ultrasound day 12. Came back one time after that to make sure I was ready for ovidrel injection which they administered in the office
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were very competent and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Even though it is a big clinic you are still treated like a human and not overlooked. Everything is taken care of for you and they are on top of everything. The financial advisor is amazing and tries to help you save money with insurance and explains everything very clearly
My insurance covered 90 percent of all costs. The costs were very minimal

2017, Unknown Success
Clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. I asked to add progesterone supplements this round, because my luteal phase is on the shorter side - Dr. Stein didn't think it was entirely necessary but was willing to try it with me...Dr. Stein is sort of rough around the edges, but he seems to truly care about me and my husband, and about our (hopeful) future pregnancy. He listened to my long list of questions about how to adjust treatment and he explained which ones we could do and which he didn't think were right for us. He was very quick to respond to the one email I sent.
Don't expect to see him at each appointment, but if you need to talk to him, he will certainly make time for a visit...The nurses [at RMA of NY] are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions...The clinic is clean, the receptionists are kind, and the nurses are compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is "no bullshit" and seems a little gruff at first, but he's been very reassuring and comforting to me because his bluntness makes me feel like I can trust him. He responded to an email in great detail and pretty quickly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Not sure - haven't been billed yet.
NY - Westside

He Dr. Copperman] was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt....Did not explain well and was not warm....He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Nice place [RMA] pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms...stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask...She [nurse] was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened...Well run, [monitoring appts] at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt. I am so happy I switched to Dr. Lekovich!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Not warm, see someone else
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Did not explain well and was not warm.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
She was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice place pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms. Avoid dr copperman, and stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask. If there are med students, feel free to say you dont want them in on meetings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well run, at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Very expensive, luckily I have Bonei Olam who helps with lowering and sharing costs.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Copperman came across as an expert (which he is, of course!) but was skilled in explaining things in lay-person terms. He was warm and patient, and I left the initial meeting feeling like I was in good hands.... Dr. Copperman met with me and my partner before each step. He was very patient and spent a lot of time answering our questions....Make your appointment way in advance. It’s sometimes hard to get a quick appointment.
The clinic [RMA of NY] was so organized and everyone on the clinical team was really helpful. I really felt like I was in good hands. The finance people were also very responsive, but sometimes they provided me with misinformation and/or confused me. For example, I was told that a procedure would be covered by insurance, but then after the procedure, I was told that actually it wasn’t covered and I had to pay out of pocket.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
The nurse was wonderful! Super warm and responsive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was so organized and everyone on the clinical team was really helpful. I really felt like I was in good hands. The finance people were also very responsive, but sometimes they provided me with misinformation and/or confused me. For example, I was told that a procedure would be covered by insurance, but then after the procedure, I was told that actually it wasn’t covered and I had to pay out of pocket. Luckily, I had it all in writing, and they ended up writing it off—but it was super upsetting and stressful.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He's [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] very knowledgable but seems rushed.... Although the care is good at RMA and all of the doctors are experienced and knowledgable, they see a high number of patients each day. They follow a very organized system and the doctors, nurses and office staff provide consistent service but it all seems automatic and hurried. I didn't often feel like I was able to get enough insight or information - especially when I was in for ultrasounds. I was usually told that a nurse would call me with results and will let me know what my doctor wants to do as a next step (during monitoring hours, I would see whatever doctor was available and not necessarily my own). Again, I feel like everyone is well trained and the information is correct but it feels very formulaic and hurried.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He's very knowledgable but seems rushed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Ask as many questions as you can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Knowledgeable and experienced staff. High volume of patients - which means that the operations are managed well, but it can feel a bit impersonal. Considering the volume of patients, the staff works hard to make you feel like you are getting individualized attention.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Some were covered by my insurance and some were not.
Tanmoy Mukherjee

2016, 6 Eggs Frozen
About $4,500 for medication. About $9000 for egg freezing. About $750 for anesthesia...Monitoring [at RMA of New York] was in the early morning. Not ideal for my schedule, but I went at the end of the window and was fine...On the weekends, the east side clinic was very crowded because it is the only one that is open. Bring a good book!...He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was great, but due to timing, I rarely saw him. He is warm, and has a good sense of humor and I felt very comfortable with him. He explained things thoroughly and if I ever had questions I could email him. Overall, my experience was good!! I didn't get too many eggs (6 frozen) but he seemed to think that was a good amount for my numbers. He recommended that if money was not a concern that I should do a second round, but it's so expensive and I don't know if I will do it.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was great, but due to timing, I rarely saw him. He is warm, and has a good sense of humor and I felt very comfortable with him. He explained things thoroughly and if I ever had questions I could email him. Overall, my experience was good!! I didn't get too many eggs (6 frozen) but he seemed to think that was a good amount for my numbers. He recommended that if money was not a concern that I should do a second round, but it's so expensive and I don't know if I will do it.
Schedule your egg freezing cycle when you don't have anything else going on. The hormones can make your emotions go nuts.
The staff was very friendly and the other doctors were great as well. I only saw Dr. Stein for my initial consult and at the end.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had no problems with the nursing staff. They were great!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was in the early morning. Not ideal for my schedule, but I went at the end of the window and was fine.
2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Talebian is very reassuring, despite my many setbacks, that eventually I will get pregnant. I was probably okay with going on to my 7th IUI, when she encouraged me to move onto IVF... I appreciate a doctor that is willing to give me a nudge.
I am having problems with the long waiting time for appointments... The only issue that I had with the nursing staff is they forgot about me when i was dropping off a sperm sample. I waited for 45 mins, freaking out about all the time that was passing...
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Dr. Talebian is very reassuring, despite my many setbacks, that eventually I will get pregnant. I was probably okay with going on to my 7th IUI, when she encouraged me to move onto IVF. I believe that she is doing the right thing by helping me move on from treatments that are not working. I appreciate a doctor that is willing to give me a nudge.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Definitely take advantage of your time with her. Prep any questions before hand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
The moment I felt that she treated me like a human was when on my 4th IUI. Right after she completed the insemination she held up both hands, crossed both sets of fingers, and said "I'm rooting for you". It made her feel more like a friend and a cheerleader, rather than just a doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The woman that takes my blood is very sweet. The only issue that I had with the nursing staff is they forgot about me when i was dropping off a sperm sample. I waited for 45 mins, freaking out about all the time that was passing, but no one spoke to me until I made a big deal with the front desk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I am having problems with the long waiting time for appointments.
Sheeva Talebian
NY - Downtown

She [Dr. Lekovich] is very professional, which could be interpreted as being a little bit cold. She is courteous and explains everything in detail, with technical terms and “common”, more understandable terms. I didn’t have to wait too long to see her and she is also available over the phone. ... We are trying IVF. The chances are low but she is willing to try. She will take all the steps to try to make it happen.
The office [RMA of New York] is in a good location and the hours are convenient. They are also open on weekends. The office is pretty clean. The waiting time is not too long. It is easy to schedule an appointment. The staff is very nice and helpful. ... She [Dr. Lekovich] will lab-test the embryo before the transfer, to ensure the embryo is good. ... Very pleasant and helpful. She [nurse] answered all my questions and replied to my emails very fast.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She is very professional, which could be interpreted as being a little bit cold. She is courteous and explains everything in detail, with technical terms and “common”, more understandable terms. I didn’t have to wait too long to see her and she is also available over the phone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask questions. She can be very technical.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
The Dr was personal and explained my situation and my options in a very clear manner.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I didn’t start the treatment yet. We are trying IVF. The chances are low but she is willing to try. She will take all the steps to try to make it happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Very pleasant and helpful. She answered all my questions and replied to my emails very fast.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is in a good location and the hours are convenient. They are also open on weekends. The office is pretty clean. The waiting time is not too long. It is easy to schedule an appointment. The staff is very nice and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Approximately $35,000
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
She will lab-test the embryo before the transfer, to ensure the embryo is good.
Jovana Lekovich
Brooklyn
He [Dr. Lederman] always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information....I only saw him for my consultation. Another doctor gave me conflicting information than he did so unsure on trust level thus far but still mid way through treatment but getting another opinion before continuing... He suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.... Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations [RMA of NY] make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time...Co-pays per ultrasound and blood work as per usual schedule. Right now about $150 per cycle with medications.... He [Dr. Lederman] suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] wasn’t a good listener but he’s good at his craft. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it’s a busy clinic so I didn’t feel like I got all the attention I deserved. Luckily I caught a mistake and was able to set back the month of my transfer, ultimately making it a success. It was my doing, not the doctor or office.
The place [RMA of NY-Eastside] is busy. Always. It made me trust that they knew what they were doing, if for nothing else because they did it so much. But you need to keep up on your own schedule and not trust that they are able to- they’re too busy... Primary nurse (Clara) was good and always contacted me. My IVF coordinator was useless.... Because of my age they would only transfer one embryo (I’m over 40).
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He wasn’t a good listener but he’s good at his craft. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it’s a busy clinic so I didn’t feel like I got all the attention I deserved. Luckily I caught a mistake and was able to set back the month of my transfer, ultimately making it a success. It was my doing, not the doctor or office.
Know your body and trust your intuition.
He talked at me and didn’t listen too well. I got pregnant though so he’s the man :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The place is busy. Always. It made me trust that they knew what they were doing, if for nothing else because they did it so much. But you need to keep up on your own schedule and not trust that they are able to- they’re too busy
I had city insurance which covered 25% co-insurance
Because of my age they would only transfer one embryo (I’m over 40).

2017, Consult
I had a very positive with Joseph Davis. He was very easy to approach. I felt comfortable asking him my questions. Notably, I have not always felt respected and understood as a queer butch woman in fertility spaces but Joseph made me feel comfortable....I only had a consultation with him but he made me and my partner feel very comfortable. He laid out all of our options, showed us research relevant to our questions, and printed out data to aid us in our decisions.
The best thing about working with RMA is that they have done this all before. They are seriously pros. They know their stuff there and they have a system for everything. They walk you through all of the procedures and teach you how to do anything (inject Ovidrel) that you haven't done before....I had a very positive with Joseph Davis. He was very easy to approach. I felt comfortable asking him my questions.... I only had a consultation with him but he made me and my partner feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to be open about your questions and reservations. He'll help you understand anything that's not clear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
I felt like he really heard our concerns and questions.
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
I cannot remember at this time.
Joseph Davis
NY - Downtown

He [Dr. Copperman] is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback
[Nurses at RMA] They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear...It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols...[Cost of Treatment] 15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines...There was acknowledgement when the cycle failed and that we would want some kind of feedback...You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor [Dr. Copperman] but you will get quality care
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is clearly expert but his communication style is to be limited and not really conversational. He does care about getting you a positive result but doesn't really talk to you very often. He will listen but there's not a ton of conversation
You're not getting a warm and fuzzy doctor but you will get quality care
Gonal f and menopur then ganorellix very straight forward. Lupron and hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
They were responsive but when the news was bad it's hard for anyone to hear
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's very busy and a lot of patients and doesn't seem like a lot of personalized protocols .....................................................................................................................................................................
15k plus 2k for pgd and medicines
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly...I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf...he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis...care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen...Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Medical assistants [at RMA of New York] were all friendly...Never had to really wait...easy to make appointments...lab results came back same day...weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account...After my chemical pregnancy my hormones were crazy...the cycle day of the blood work wasn’t adding up to where I was in my cycle and dr Klein wasn’t clear on this
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly .. I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf .. he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis .. care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen ..
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Stay on top of your care
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Because his practice is very busy
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Medical assistants were all friendly .. nurse was okay
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Never had to really wait .. easy to make appointments .. lab results came back same day .. weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
700 for iui cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
After my chemical pregnancy my hormones were crazy the cycle day of the blood work wasn’t adding up to where I was in my cycle and dr Klein wasn’t clear on this
Westchester

Dr. Grunfeld was very detailed oriented, had an obvious expertise in this area and explained on a macro level what was going on and what to expect (the nurses handled the day to day). I understood my diagnosis and what the treatment would be...Don't expect to get to talk to him whenever you want...Since I have PCOS and ovulate late (my cycles around about 3 months long), we started on Clomid and a trigger shot and tried that for a number of cycles. When it didn't work he met with me and we talked about other options, and decided that before anything more invasive we should try another medication - i went on Letrazole and after 2 cycles got a positive pregnancy test.
It's [RMA - East Side] always packed there - get to your appointments and monitoring hours early...At RMA, you see your Dr. occasionally but the nurses are really who you deal with the most...Dr. Grunfeld was very detailed oriented, had an obvious expertise in this area and explained on a macro level what was going on and what to expect (the nurses handled the day to day)...[cost of treatments] approx $2000
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Don't expect to get to talk to him whenever you want. At RMA, you see your Dr. occasionally but the nurses are really who you deal with the most.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's always packed there - get to your appointments and monitoring hours early.
approx $2000
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly...I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude....Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Very kind reception and great facility [RMA - West Side]. Well run and organized...[nursing staff] All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly....He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...Over 10k
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention.
Ask lots of questions upfront
I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly
I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Over 10k
Strong preference for one
2016, Unknown Success
[Dr Lederman at RMA of New York was] rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person....Accurate, but seemed chilly in his demeanor. Results oriented, but only for "physical" issues....Allowed children to go to appointments (except IVF) which is helpful when dealing with secondary infertility.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect warmth.
Rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person.
Since I had unexplained infertility, he suggested we follow the protocol put in place and covered by my insurance company (3 iuis on Clomid with IVF if they fail). He wanted to go straight to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Provided what the MD didn't.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Covered by health insurance.

2012 - 2015, Unknown Success
He speaks very quickly and doesn't leave a lot of time to ask questions, but if you are assertive, he responds. Became warmer once he got to know me.
[My nurse[ Whitney is the best! [One] test was done without my signature authorizing it.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He seems smart and interested in taking action. Very methodical.
Do research, ask a lot of questions!
I don't know.
Whitney is the best!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Test was done without my signature authorizing it.
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Grunfeld at RMA of New York] knows what he is doing and gets results. His bedside manner could be better, but he genuinely believes in what he is doing....Be prepared to be inundated with information. Make sure to come with your questions prepared because he will talk over you otherwise. That being said, he always gives thorough answers to questions...The wait time can be long. Arrive early to ensure being seen in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He knows what he is doing and gets results. His bedside manner could be better, but he genuinely believes in what he is doing.
2009 - 2012, Successful
Dr Sandler was very personable and remembered previous discussions and was very honest...The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem.
The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem...It's like a factory during monitoring hours, otherwise it's clean and the staff is friendly and competent.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
The entire staff is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Corteous, professional and thorough
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a factory; get there as early as possible or you could be there for a long time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Between 9,000-10,000 a cycle and about 300-350 in medication co-pays
NY - Eastside
Dr. Klein is very thorough and honest. He is extremely accessible and always answers emails promptly and is great at addressing our numerous concerns and questions...We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic screening. We transferred a single embryo during our first 2 transfers...There are a lot of patients at the practice.
The [RMA of New York] clinic is very responsive. They seem to run on time and you are seen quickly during morning monitoring hours. It's nice that they have so many clinics, that way if you ever need to see someone over the weekend there is always a clinic open...We received a 25% discount because we are a military family and fertility treatments are not covered. Our cost for egg retrieval and our first transfer was around $12,000
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein is very thorough and honest. He is extremely accessible and always answers emails promptly and is great at addressing our numerous concerns and questions. While we have not gotten pregnant yet, we trust that Dr. Klein is doing what is best for us and our future family to get us where we want to be.
Ask questions, he is more than willing to answer any and all questions you may have.
There are a lot of patients at the practice. You are seen for 5 minutes during screening.
Nursing staff is excellent and gets in touch with you quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very responsive. They seem to run on time and you are seen quickly during morning monitoring hours. It's nice that they have so many clinics, that way if you ever need to see someone over the weekend there is always a clinic open.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
You can show up in the morning for monitoring hours and are seen first come first served.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of my cycle there was a change in staff and some conflicting information about when I should start medications.
Westchester
My IVF coordinators [at RMA of New York] were great but the nurses were sometimes hit or miss. This was particularly an issue over the holidays when they had people filling in...Don't take it personally if he doesn't remember you...Dr Stein has a lot of patients. A lot. And sometimes it feels like it but you go to him for his expertise and results...is very straightforward. He doesn't sugar-coat anything and will give you straight answers. I absolutely trusted his medical advice. He will advocate for you and is open to changing treatment options based on your preference...will not transfer more than one embryo. He told me this is "non-negotable."
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very straightforward. He doesn't sugar-coat anything and will give you straight answers. I absolutely trusted his medical advice. He will advocate for you and is open to changing treatment options based on your preference.
Don't take it personally if he doesn't remember you, he has a ton of patients. But he has a ton of patients for a reason!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
My IVF coordinators were great but the nurses were sometimes hit or miss. This was particularly an issue over the holidays when they had people filling in.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think RMA is the best clinic in NYC. Second is maybe Weil. There are star doctors at each. Dr. Stein is one of the best doctors at RMA so he has a ton of patients. Nothing in this process is easy but it can really help if you have faith in your doctor and the lab.
Covered by insurance (so grateful!)
Dr Stein will not transfer more than one embryo. He told me this is "non-negotable."

Embryo Freezing
He’s very thorough. During the consolation Dr. Sandler goes over the whole reproductive process, your chances of conceiving and the full overview of what to expect. I was just hesitant going to a for profit place. But I’m on to my 3rd doctor and feel that I have to give RMA a fair chance too. The nurses seem to be there to support you along the way. I will say the nurses who draw blood aren’t as good as Columbia but I’m sure I can get over that. I felt that other places were too conservative and didn’t understand my rush even though I’m 36.
The waiting time [at RMA-NY- East Side] isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all... The total cost will probably be around $20k. We did an IUI with them that is still going through insurance. They will go over the cost of the meds and retrieval for you before you start and set up a payment plan. They have to look into your insurance first anyway to get approval.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Go in with all of your previous blood work and a list of questions. He’s very knowledgeable so ask him anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I can ask them anything and they will get back to me ASAP.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting time isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all.