Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

My IVF coordinators [at RMA of New York] were great but the nurses were sometimes hit or miss. This was particularly an issue over the holidays when they had people filling in...Don't take it personally if he doesn't remember you...Dr Stein has a lot of patients. A lot. And sometimes it feels like it but you go to him for his expertise and results...is very straightforward. He doesn't sugar-coat anything and will give you straight answers. I absolutely trusted his medical advice. He will advocate for you and is open to changing treatment options based on your preference...will not transfer more than one embryo. He told me this is "non-negotable."
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very straightforward. He doesn't sugar-coat anything and will give you straight answers. I absolutely trusted his medical advice. He will advocate for you and is open to changing treatment options based on your preference.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Don't take it personally if he doesn't remember you, he has a ton of patients. But he has a ton of patients for a reason!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
My IVF coordinators were great but the nurses were sometimes hit or miss. This was particularly an issue over the holidays when they had people filling in.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think RMA is the best clinic in NYC. Second is maybe Weil. There are star doctors at each. Dr. Stein is one of the best doctors at RMA so he has a ton of patients. Nothing in this process is easy but it can really help if you have faith in your doctor and the lab.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Covered by insurance (so grateful!)
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Stein will not transfer more than one embryo. He told me this is "non-negotable."

Embryo Freezing
He’s very thorough. During the consolation Dr. Sandler goes over the whole reproductive process, your chances of conceiving and the full overview of what to expect. I was just hesitant going to a for profit place. But I’m on to my 3rd doctor and feel that I have to give RMA a fair chance too. The nurses seem to be there to support you along the way. I will say the nurses who draw blood aren’t as good as Columbia but I’m sure I can get over that. I felt that other places were too conservative and didn’t understand my rush even though I’m 36.
The waiting time [at RMA-NY- East Side] isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all... The total cost will probably be around $20k. We did an IUI with them that is still going through insurance. They will go over the cost of the meds and retrieval for you before you start and set up a payment plan. They have to look into your insurance first anyway to get approval.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Go in with all of your previous blood work and a list of questions. He’s very knowledgeable so ask him anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I can ask them anything and they will get back to me ASAP.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting time isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
NY - Eastside

She [Dr. Sekhon] always greeted my partner and I, asked us how we were, made a point to say she was happy to see us. I felt like she was rooting for us. ... The treatment was not successful but I do feel like she gave me all the facts. She’s a realist, never emotional. I felt I could trust her and will be continuing on the next phase of my treatment with her.
Clinic [RMA of New York] was fine. The way they handle billing was slightly pushy. Generally good customer service. some of the staff who take blood are amateurs and every time I’d leave with bruises all over my arm. ... I had to call and tell them to send my prescription to the pharmacy. ... By my 3rd iui I felt the team was disorganized. I had to remind them once to put in my prescription. No sensitivity on the phone.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She always greeted my partner and I, asked us how we were, made a point to say she was happy to see us. I felt like she was rooting for us.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
3 iui were not successful. We did 100 mg of clomid for all 3. My 3rd cycle I am not even sure it was working. First cycle I responded well, got pregnant, but miscarried.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic was fine. The way they handle billing was slightly pushy. Generally good customer service. some of the staff who take blood are amateurs and every time I’d leave with bruises all over my arm.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Around 1300
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had to call and tell them to send my prescription to the pharmacy.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Thornton was wonderful to work with throughout the challenging IVF process. I appreciated the time she took to check in with me and explain the protocols, etc...Dr. Thornton adjusted my protocol and then adjusted again when by body wouldn't cooperate; she explained everything along the way and she cared about me as a person. I highly recommend working with Dr. Thornton.
RMA is large but I think that helps to ensure that they have quality doctors and lab. The downtown Soho office was more relaxed. Overall, I had a positive experience when compared with their large other competitor in NYC...Dr. Thornton was wonderful to work with throughout the challenging IVF process. I appreciated the time she took to check in with me and explain the protocols, etc.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I was 39.5 at the time of retrieval after a failed IVF with another doctor and many failed IUIs. Dr. Thornton adjusted my protocol and then adjusted again when by body wouldn't cooperate; she explained everything along the way and she cared about me as a person. I highly recommend working with Dr. Thornton.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We tried a few approaches but ended up with a protocol to help improve egg quality
great and organized
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
weekends were a bit of a challenge but overall fine and better compared to the other very large clinic in NYC.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
we had one healthy embryo to transfer after our cycle with Dr. Thornton which was great.
Kimberley Thornton
Investor
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation [at RMA of New York]...Monitoring hours get crazy and you definitely feel like they are rushing to get you in and out. However, it’s clear they are highly recommended as the waiting room is always full. Whenever you call with a question, they do a good job of calling you back...[Dr. Michael Lederman is] Smart, but very busy and not sure he wants to dive into my specific issues. Felt like I got the same treatment as everyone else. Still no answers on my infertility and when my husband and I had blood work and testing done, it was the nurse who called with the results and often she couldn’t explain the meaning...Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
Matthew Lederman
NY - Westside

When we wanted to keep trying naturally before we decided to use IVF, Dr. Stein was patient with us and gave my wife and me the space to try. He didn't rush us to IVF, and in the end, it was our decision. He was clear about expectations and always approached us each step of the way with information and statistics. We believe information is power, so the more we knew the better...He's not going to hold your hand the entire way, but he'll tell it to you straight and that helped ease our anxiety about the process.
It was expensive [at RMA of New York], I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process...There as just SO many patients so you can feel sometimes a little lost in the shuffle, even with a coordinator. It is important to always come with a list of questions and really confirm timelines. From retrieval to implantation was longer than we thought and that was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Often Dr. Stein would talk to my wife in a compassionate but clinical way. He didn't hide the challenges or the process, but he wasn't void of emotion either. He was compassionate but forthright with setting expectations.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It was expensive, I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein knows what he's doing...Initially, he was very confident that we would be able to conceive. His confidence fell a little bit when we realized that I wasn't reacting to the injections the way I should have been...During our second IVF cycle, Dr. Stein adjusted the protocol and we retrieved 8 eggs...We were able to achieve pregnancy (despite being told that the embryo was B- to C grade
RMA has been around for a long time. They have a lot of facilities around the state and a knowledgeable staff. That was important to me since I was giving them so much of my time and money. Unfortunately because it's such a big practice, you're sometimes treated more like a number. You don't get a ton of personalized care (although staff did begin to remember my name towards the end). Sometimes I wished that I went to a smaller clinic, but ultimately we achieved our goal of getting pregnant, so I can't complain.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein knows what he's doing. He'll be the first to tell you that he has over 24 years of experience and that's important when you're trusting someone with so much money (and your sanity as well). Initially, he was very confident that we would be able to conceive. His confidence fell a little bit when we realized that I wasn't reacting to the injections the way I should have been. Our first IVF cycle ended up getting cancelled before retrieval as I was not producing enough eggs. During our second IVF cycle, Dr. Stein adjusted the protocol and we retrieved 8 eggs. 6 were mature and 3 made it to blast. Of those 3. 2 tested PGS normal and we transferred 1 embryo in late Spring. We were able to achieve pregnancy (despite being told that the embryo was B- to C grade). The IVF process was pretty difficult, but I'm thankful that RMA was able to help me.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or express concerns. He always did his best to respond. We had some issues that came up and he personally made sure they were resolved.
I kind of felt like I was in a farm/factory. The doctor will just look at your chart really quickly and come into the room to monitor you. I understand that this the case with most fertility clinics since there are SOOO many patients that are going through similar struggles.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Our first cycle with Dr. Stein was supposed to be an IUI cycle. He decided to use injectable medications (Menopur) as we didn't have much luck with oral ones. The IUI ended up getting cancelled when I produced too many follicles. Dr. Stein didn't want to risk conceiving multiples and I was disappointed, but understood. Our second cycle with him was IVF. Unfortunately that cycle resulted in too few follicles growing, so we cancelled that one as well as we didn't see a point in doing a retrieval for only 2 eggs. It was devastating to know that I wasn't responding properly to the medications. We went ahead and did an IUI in the hopes that one of the 2 eggs would get fertilized. That cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Prior to our final cycle with Dr. Stein, he decided to adjust the protocol since I was a poor responder. He added Lupron and took out Gonal F. I injected about 6 vials of Menopur per day which resulted in 8 eggs post retrieval. (6 of them mature).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was pretty good. Initially the nurses responded quickly to my emails and questions. Towards the end of my time at RMA, I noticed that the nurses weren't as quick to answer emails.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were simple. It was on a first come-first serve basis. Now that Covid 19 is an issue, that's no longer a case. You can request a time to come in for monitoring hours and they will usually honor that time.
We were lucky that our insured covered most costs for all cycles. We had to pay out of pocket for ICSI and for PGS Testing which costs around $3,000 total.
Dr. Stein believes that elective single embryo transfer will yield the best results and reduce risks to mother and baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
On the week that I was supposed to receive the medication for my second IVF cycle, my IVF coordinator was on vacation, so my medication was not ordered in a timely manner. I had to make some phone calls and do a little bit of complaining, but was resolved (mostly due to my diligence). At another point, a nurse sent someone else's prescription to a random pharmacy under my name. I notified them immediately and they apologized.
NY - Westside

Dr. Sekhon was very informative and easy to talk to. She was very blunt and straight to the point. She made sure to answer all of my questions and never made me feel stupid for asking them. I felt as though I was receiving quality care throughout the entire experience...don't expect to see the doctor for more than three minutes at a time as this practice is extremely busy. if you don't mind minimal interaction with your doctor, then this is the correct avenue, however, if you want to spend a substantial amount of time with your doctor at each visit and constantly need explanation as to each step then go with a doctor in a smaller practice
RMA has A LOT of patients so you will likely not feel like a unique flower there. on the upside, they have done this A LOT and they know exactly what they're doing. they don't need to second guess your treatment strategy because they essentially have an algorithm that they're working off of so they know just how to approach your particular situation...you don't always get the one on one care that you expect when you pay 20k for treatment...don't expect to see the doctor for more than three minutes at a time...it was evident that the nursing staff was extremely busy and did not really have the time to be attentive and provide exceptional one on one care,
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
RMA is extremely busy and its understandable that you don't always get the one on one care that you expect when you pay 20k for treatment
Dr. Sekhon was very careful to ensure that everything went according to plan and may have been overly cautious, sometimes requiring that I come in daily for monitoring. I prefer to be overly cautious and I did not mind this one bit. I like the fact that the treatment plan was so comprehensive and created after hundreds of patients - Dr. Sekhon knows exactly what needs to be done
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
it was evident that the nursing staff was extremely busy and did not really have the time to be attentive and provide exceptional one on one care, but that was fine because I was in a rush most mornings when I was there and didn't feel the need to stop and chat for an extended period of time
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
you had to arrive before 9 am or they literally would make you leave and return the next day. sometimes you need to know what your blood levels are that day and you cannot wait one more day to do so - that was really annoying. sometimes I had to run there to make it to the 9 am cutoff. Also, it was about an hour wait every time.
20k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The clinic isn't run that well. They make mistakes and they're not very hospitable, but its nothing I cant tolerate. for example, my husband provided a sample and a few months later, was told that they don't have a sample from him. they eventually found it but it seemed like they either misplaced the paperwork or someone on the team didn't input the information correctly into their system
NY - Downtown
He [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] told me to try with a single embryo transfer because he was confident it would be successful...I have met Dr. Sandler only twice. Regardless, I got the results I was promised on our initial consult visit so I am not upset...Maybe Dr. Sandler's involvement would've been more present if the 1st round of IVF would've been unsuccessful, but luckily I will never know...On our initial consult he told me I was the ideal candidate for IVF and that I will leave his office pregnant in a matter of couple of weeks. He was right. We started with the medication to prepare for egg retrieval which I was on for about 10 days, on the first cycle day after my initial visit (talk about not wasting any time). I was put on progesterone as well to make sure the lining was prepared to keep the pregnancy.
During the lab hours and constant blood draws there were always many different nurses working [at RMA of New York], I think I never saw the same nurse twice during my time there...Very efficient scheduling, we started our treatment two weeks after our initial consult. A lot of staff to help with the amount of patients so no long wait times. The lab testing in the morning had a good system in place on a 1st come- 1st serve basis. It was a clean environment. Be prepared to wait with A LOT of women especially during lab times, it was mind blowing to see how many women actually go through fertility treatments. It is difficult to feel important.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
We were blessed with our miracle baby on our 1st IVF attempt, so I am very grateful for the expertise of RMA and Dr.Sandler. However, I feel if this would've been a 3rd or 4th attempt which often is the reality for fertility patients I would've felt neglected and just like one of many. Maybe Dr. Sandler's involvement would've been more present if the 1st round of IVF would've been unsuccessful, but luckily I will never know.
Be prepared to not see him much :-)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
The clinic is very busy, and during the entire process and countless visits I have met Dr. Sandler only twice. Regardless, I got the results I was promised on our initial consult visit so I am not upset.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
During the lab hours and constant blood draws there were always many different nurses working, I think I never saw the same nurse twice during my time there. I wish I remember the nurse who was getting me ready for my egg retrieval, she was the kindest soul who made me laugh when all I wanted to do is cry because I was so nervous. She told me everything would be fine and she was right.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We paid roughly $5,000(mainly for medication) the rest was covered by insurance.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He told me to try with a single embryo transfer because he was confident it would be successful.
NY - Eastside
[Dr. Daniel Stein] he's very direct. i never got a diagnosis, but i also never pushed him about why that might be. I'm not sure he could pick me out of a lineup, but I trusted he was making the right recommendations given our situation...if you want a lot of handholding go elsewhere. If you're okay with no-nonsense, he's your guy.
[RMA of New York] It's a factory. they're organized and efficient, but for the most part you're not an individual. They're very organized and it's clear their systems are data driven. I was lucky not to have too many setbacks - and none that were terribly upsetting - so my experience was probably pretty straight forward (so far!)...[nurses are] Always happy to answer even the lamest of questions. Very understanding and compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The practice is a well-run factory, but clearly a factory. I don't require a lot of hand holding, so I didn't push it that much, but it still felt like only the nurses knew me from anyone else. They are fantastic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
IFV was $21K. IUIs were covered by my insurance, so copays were a couple hundred bucks for 4 cycles

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Copperman was warm and personable, but also very direct and factual. I appreciated that he discussed data and probability to give us accurate expectations. He came across as very knowledgeable and trustworthy...You will mostly interact with [his] assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
She [RMA of NY nurse] was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions...I underwent IVF in March/April 2020, at the height of the pandemic. I was super nervous and stressed, but the clinic was very organized and responsive and definitely put me at ease. Luckily, despite the stress, I had a successful transfer.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
You will mostly interact with Dr. Copperman’s assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Our coordinator Samantha was fabulous! She was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions. The nurse Jordyn Banks was also great.
Alan Copperman
NY - Eastside
[Dr. Sekhon has] Excellent bedside manners, positive attitude, Seems very confident in the treatment plan, made me feel very well taken care of. Unfortunately monitoring visits don’t allow much time for discussions, but in my Zoom appointments the doctor went over everything in detail...Book consults separately from monitoring visits as mornings are very busy and doctor doesn’t have much time
[at RMA of New York] I was a bit disappointing in the service level now compared to 5 years ago when I first started seeing them. Phone lines were sooo busy, I got incorrect information from the telephone operator/nurse (nothing serious just concerning opening hours), I had to call back to get the information already requested....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Friendly and detail oriented
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I saw Dr Stein before I switched to Dr Sekhon. I was not pleased with his bedside manners and his coordinator. She called in wrong prescriptions to my pharmacy which resulted in me having to wait on line to reach her (coordinators don’t have a direct line which makes communication very hard). She also never sent me the treatment protocol after I asked 4 times for it.

2022, Successful
The clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice...Dr. Lucky [Sekhon] was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions...was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email...If you can, try to see Dr. Lucky for all your monitoring appointments - she's really great!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email.
Dr. Lucky was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice.