Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just minor - this round, I was told by a nurse to start birth control, and that I would be starting stims in mid April. Cut to a few days before I thought this was starting, and I learned from the coordinator that I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the cycle until May. This was mostly due to the fact that I had travel scheduled that could potentially conflict with a retrieval date had I started stims in April. However, I'd communicated this travel with everyone, and the nurse I spoke to earlier said "this won't be a problem." There was just a miscommunication. Not the end of the world for me, but given we pay so much for this service, isn't something I'd be happy to experience again.
NY - Westside
sometimes I felt like my doctor [Dr. Daniel Stein] didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much...prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.

Success w/ Doc 17 Eggs Frozen
On the day of the surgery he [Dr. Coppernan] was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in...He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him...made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients...My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends...I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there...The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was a phenomenal communicator. He was compassionate, caring and genuine. He was very thorough and always spent as much time as necessary with me to ensure all my questions were answered and all of my concerns were addressed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat when meeting with me from that point forward. He would email me directly to check in on me throughout my cycle. Dr. Copperman was the best part of my visit to RMA NY every time I got to see him. He is so sweet and sincere. His bedside manner was out of this world. He encouraged me throughout my cycle and praised me for my bravery in my decision to preserve my fertility. There is literally no other Reproductive Endocrinologist that I would trust with my fertility other than Dr. Copperman. The choice was easy. He was so sweet to my partner and great with my sister. On the day of the surgery he was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in. The team introduced themselves to me and explained what role they would be playing in my retrieval. He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients. I didn't care about that as long as I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on 2 vials of Menopur every night with the exception of one night when they dropped it down to 1 vial. I was on 150 IU of Gonal-F that I injected every morning. Towards the end of my cycle, they dropped the Gonal-F to 112.5 IU. The last few days of my cycle I did Gonal-F in the morning and Menopur and Cetrotide at night until my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire & Jordyn Banks)
My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends. My nurse coordinator Jordyn was a dream to work with. She was always on top of everything and spent the time to sit with me and explain my protocol as well as provide me with injection instructions and tips. Both Sam and Jordyn went above and beyond for me. They're both my fertility fairy God Mothers.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room could definitely be improved in terms of atmosphere and furniture but don't let that turn you off. Sometimes classical music would be playing today's top hits and I really liked that when it was on. The colors in the waiting room were a little dark and dreary. Sometimes the phlebotomist didn't introduce themselves by name but kindly greeted me as I went back for blood work. My very first visit was a little confusing as I had never been to a monitoring appointment before and didn't know the process / what to expect and I didn't receive instructions from the front desk check in coordinators when you sign in. I think that all new patients that come in for their first monitoring appointment should be told what to expect and what the process entails (sign your name on the sticker with your doctors name, sit in the waiting room until your name is called by a nurse, go back and get your blood work done, go back into the waiting room and wait to be called for your ultrasound, following the ultrasound go to the check out desk and formally check out and speak with a billing coordinator.) I had to self navigate my first appointment but after the initial monitoring appointment I got the hang of things in terms of the process. The nurses were always very pleasant. The billing coordinators required retraining in terms of how to speak to patients compassionately during check out. I made RMA NY aware of this immediately and shortly after I provided this feedback the billing coordinator experience improved drastically. At the end of the day, all I cared about was that I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman and his team. Go to your monitoring appointment at 6:50 - 7AM - the early bird gets the worm and there are way less patients there and you get in and get right out!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super convenient. I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there. The phlebotomist should be taking the time to explain blood work during your first monitoring appointment so that you understand as I was confused my first appointment. The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
NY - Eastside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.

Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.

Treated 2020
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me

Treated 2019 - 2020
I did 3 IUIs [with Dr. Lekovich] using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF...She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient...She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on...Two nurses told me different things about choosing a sperm donor. One nurse made me feel that I should definitely change my donor while the other said it was fine...Each IUI was around $300...The main problem is just that I wish they were open for more hours in the day! They only do many procedures between 9am and 12:30 which isn't always convenient. The nurses always call back when I call. I have gotten some conflicting information from some nurses, but they quickly cleared up their miscommunication.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich explains everything that is going to happen in detail. She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change for multiples. She is very direct and clear. She does not coddle or spend a lot of time on letting her patients feel bad and disappointed. She just moves on to the next step in the plan, which i appreciate but may bot be for everyone. for my actual IUIs, she only performed one and other doctors did the other two. I would have preferred that she be able to do all of them, but the other doctors were equally qualified and kind.
Ask a lot of questions! She will explain them. Make a list for every meeting.
Dr. Lekovich and everyone who works at RMA is extremely kind and warm. She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient.
I did 3 IUIs using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on that cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Each IUI was around $300.

Treated 2020
Success w/ Doc 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications

Treated 2019 - 2020
We like that Dr. Sekhon took the time to get to know us, our goals, problems, frustrations, etc. She took the time to explain everything to us and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. I think she genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to speak with us on multiple occasions during off hours...We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
Our primary nurse [at RMA of New York] was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great...Monitoring hours was our least favorite part of the experience with RMA. You could end up waiting up to 30 minutes and you are not sure what doctor you are going to see. They have so many patients that sometimes you feel like the doctor is a bit rushed. They also only have so much time to review your chart prior to coming into the room. The nursing staff and team that drew blood were incredible. Dr. Sekhon always let us know when she was going to be available for monitoring hours so we could see her. We always preferred that.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely empathetic and patient. She took extra time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable every step of the way. We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I would advise not to hold back any questions you have. Even if you think its a silly or unnecessary question, you should still ask. Dr. Sekhon is happy to take the time to make sure you understand everything and are comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. We did 2 cycles of timed intercourse. Dr. Sekhon quickly determined that I had a hormone and that timed intercourse / IUI would not work. She recommended IVF. We did 9 days of hormone injections prior to the egg retrieval which resulted in 39 eggs. We ultimately got 15 healthy and genetically tested embryos. We successfully got pregnant on the 1st embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Our primary nurse was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The thing that stood out to us is how large of a clinic this was. The positive part about this is that they obviously have great experience. Dr. Sekhon mentioned to us that whenever they are reviewing test results, discussing medication plans, etc. - multiple doctors are looking at it and coming to a decision as a team. The negative part about the size of the clinic is something you feel like the specifics of your fertility issue might get a little lost in the shuffle. For example, we had certain coordinators or nurses call us that didn't really know much about our situation, which could be frustrating at times. We'd just recommend that any new patient be an advocate for themselves. If you don't feel comfortable any point just get in touch with your specific doctor or nurse as needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
All in we spent approximately $15,000-$17,000 including everything.
Treated 2019 - 2020
[Protocol with Dr. Klein] 2 IVF cycles - both antagonist - first without birth control and the second with. We needed a second cycle after all our embryos arrested on day 3 in the first cycle. The second cycle was different to help the eggs mature at the same rate to retrieve more mature eggs. Both cycles produces 18 eggs each...Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested...he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator [at RMA of New York] who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate...The office was rarely busy for morning monitoring, and my wait was typically shorter than 15 minutes. Typically, once I got called in for blood draw, the ultrasound nurse was waiting for me...The main office is in midtown Manhattan is the only clinic open during weekends and holidays, which was inconvenient for me on the rare occasion when I needed morning monitoring during the weekend. Otherwise, the staff is pleasant and friendly, phone calls and emails are always returned, and the office is clean.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If I could take Dr. Klein with me everywhere I go, I would. He is equally kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly and takes the time to answer any questions I had, sets clear expectations and fully appraises you of the risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, ask them. If you have concerns, raise them. He will take the time to answer them as best as possible and make you as comfortable as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested on the day 3 in my first IVF cycle, he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein discussed costs with us during our initail consultation. However, most costs associated with my IVF treatment were covered by insurance. I did pay for the remainder of my deductible, which was very little at this point, and for genetic testing of my self, my husband, and the embryos out of pocket, totaling approximately $4000. The cost of the anesthesiologist was not covered by insurance as she was out of network, and that cost $750 for each egg retrieval.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein is particular to elective single embryo transfers for the safety of the mother and the fetus.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup.... Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther.
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA NY. They were organized, on the ball, and compassionate. I felt like they were on the top of their game and like I wasn't going to fall through the cracks... They are a well-oiled machine. Monitoring hours can get quite busy, but they are organized and it goes pretty quickly. They also have several other locations throughout NYC and you can go to any of those locations for monitoring during the week, which is nice.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther. it was reassuring to know that he was constantly reviewing my case, rather than applying a generic protocol
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
If you're looking for someone who is overly emotive or compassionate, he may not be for you. But he is a kind person and I felt that he was paying attention to me as a patient. Which is what mattered to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup. He was on top of my cycle and was willing to make tweaks mid-cycle increase my success
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Grunfeld had me prime with estrogren patches and Ganirelix before my cycle began, then I did 14 days of 300 Gonal -F and Menopure once my cycle started. He started me out on 2 amps of Menopure but eventually upped my dose to 3 in hopes of getting a better response. I also took Ganirelix for 4 days toward the end. I triggered with lupron and novarell. I'm 41 and developed 9 follicles between my two ovaries. He was happy with this.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA NY was very organized! I've been to other large clinics that operate in a similar way (eg factory style monitoring hours), but never felt the others were as organized and on top of things as RMA. They called my prescriptions in in a timely manner, were very detailed in their daily instructions and blood work results. I felt like I was taken care of. The only downside (which didn't bother me) is that it can get quite busy during monitoring hours. But because they are so organized, and have the s$!t together, it didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
The total cost of treatment (not including meds) is about $15,000 for IVF plus ICSI
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't gotten this far yet.
NY - Eastside
She [Dr. Sekhon] really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. ... She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself.
Its [RMA of New York] small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. ... The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier. ... The nurses on Dr Sekhon's staff are great. They always call you right back. They are very informed and answers questions with ease.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is such a breath of fresh air compare to my last RE. She is kind, respectful, detailed in her responses and generally seems to care. She never makes you feel like you are a number. She really knows what she is talking about and is on top of all the latest studies and treatment options. She never just does something because that is just what is typically done. She really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. She has also been through IVF herself so she actually knows what her patients are going through physically and mentally. I cannot recommend her more.
Be completely open and honest with her. Tell her all the supplements you are taking, she will tell you which ones you actually need, unlike many who say you don't need to take anything. Ask her lots of questions in general. She will answer them all even if they seem ridiculous.
Dr Sekhon really takes the time to talk to you and work with you on your treatments. She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself. She just really gets it and understands its not just the infertility that needs to be treated, its also the anxiety that goes along with it. She works really hard to set your mind at ease. She doesn't sugarcoat, but she is also not cold and matter of fact like many RE's are.
We have only done one clomid iui cycle with her that was unsuccessful. We are currently on our second cycle of clomid and waiting for the iui. The first cycle Dr Sekhon prescribed clomid to us after blood work on CD3 then had me come back on cycle day 10 for a scan trigger shot and iui the next day. I did feel it was a little early, but I was seeing another dr in her practice that morning so didn't have a chance to discuss. I voiced my concerns and this round we are doing scans and blood work to make absolutely sure its the the right time to trigger. Dr Sekhon had absolutely no problem at all with tailoring the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. I have heard the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call, but I think that is true for just about every practice at the larger locations. The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier.
I haven't done IVF yet so I am not sure what the total cost is, but iui was $350.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
She said because we already had one child she recommends one embryo transfer since we do not want to have more than 2 kids.

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Mukherjee is extremely client-oriented, pays attention to the individual patient and kindly explains the reasoning for suggested treatment. Provides options, discussed details and really wants to have his patient on board, feeling comfortable with the treatment decision. ... Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart.
The clinic [RMA of New York] is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. ... It [Monitoring appointments] was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. ... I mostly worked with Julie [nurse], who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Mukherjee offers a wonderful experience to his patients, as much as this is possible under circumstances. He works in concert with his nursing staff and I feel he tailors treatment to the specific and unique needs of every patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
You'll have a wonderful experience with this doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart. It was with his help and open, innovative approach, that I actually had a pregnancy for the first time in 3 years of trying (it was unfortunately lost to a miscarriage, but there was a pregnancy with my own eggs).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
All the nurses and care coordinators were truly. I mostly worked with Julie, who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. The waiting room could sometimes feel crowded but they have recently made significant improvements in the environment and also in the speed of service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. The staff were always helpful and one could see everyone was trying their best and communicating really with each other, which can give a lot of confidence to patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Some of the treatments were covered by my insurance but this had quickly run out. The costs were reasonable compared to other clinics fo the same category.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
n/a - this doctor did what was best for the individual patient with an intention to achieve positive results
NY - Eastside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle
NY - Westside

Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He [Dr. Cooperman] has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.... Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.'
The strengths [of RMA NY] are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results.... The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.... If you got there by 8, it was easy. If you came at 8:30, there was a backup. The monitoring and blood draw was quick. Seeing a nurse could take time.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.
Ask for odds. The guy has an encyclopedic knowledge of how this works. We found knowing that one part of the process was less certain than others helped us manage expectations.
Due to false positive on a genetic test by our OB-GYN, by the time we found our way to RMA, we had already seen a host of other specialists including another big name fertility clinic. We were worried not only about our reproductive capacity but also my wife's future health. Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.' It took only a few days to rule out the impossibly rare combination of disorders previous doctors had assume my wife had from one botched test. From there, we engaged in routine IVF therapy, during which time we always felt like every doctor, nurse, counselor and administrator genuinely cared for us.
We did three retrieval cycles, each with a different third drug. The third cycle worked significantly better than the previous two.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were two nurses, Leila and Jordyn, who we saw the most and were extraordinarily knowledgeable, kind and even somehow fun. Of course, over multiple cycles we might have seen a dozen nurses. All were good, but not all were great. Sure, that can be unnerving at sensitive times, but it's wasn't actually a problem. If ever something seemed off or an instruction was worded vaguely, we just called later in the day. A different nurse would take our call and help us clear it up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results. (We have an 11 day old son. And the pregnancy was totally uneventful in a good way.) The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
For nine months of care out of pocket expenses were about $40K but that includes pharmacy bills. We elected to do things in a manner that minimized our coverage, but costs would have fractional if we had followed the mandate of our insurer.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone.... He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action.
I think some of the nurses [RMA of NY] who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.... Jordyn was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action. He also has called me in response to an email I sent him once just to make me feel better. He clearly cares about his patients and wants them to succeed at having a healthy pregnancy.
Ask questions if he speaks too quickly or goes too fast -- I think sometimes he forgets it's new information to his patients but any time I've asked him to clarify or re-explain it's been no problem.
Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone. I never felt badly reaching out with extra questions and I always feel like they really care and are "in it" with me.
We did three IUI cycles with Femera, which he said was better than Clomid for patients like me with PCOS. We were also briefly on an antagonist protocol for IVF before it was cancelled due to a lead follicle. During that IVF treatment I was monitored every 2 days also because of my PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn B and Samantha M)
Every single nurse on Dr. Copperman's team has been fantastic. Jordyn Banks was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way - even giving me her cellphone number in case we had any urgent questions/concerns after hours. Samantha M is our IVF coordinator and was so detailed and organized from the get go and responds to e-mails immediately. I always felt like they were on top of everything at every turn.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think some of the nurses who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman has said he will only transfer 1 embryo at a time and that is fine with us.
NY - Eastside

From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment....I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I truly cannot express how wonderful Dr. Flisser was. He made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. He always kept my husband and I in the loop, explaining what was happening, what he was doing, what the next steps were, and what we could expect. As a scientist myself, I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand. He had such a calm, reassuring demeanor that I knew I didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING—all I had to do was take my medications as prescribed and show up when scheduled and Dr. Flisser and the RMA team would ensure that everything would work out.
CHOOSE DR. FLISSER! I can’t imagine there being a better doctor for IVF (or fertility treatment more generally).
From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment. Every time he walked into the examination room I felt cared for and felt that he was truly invested in getting the best outcome for me—not just to improve his numbers, but because he seemed to actually care. I NEVER felt as if I were just a number or part of some fertility factory when in Dr. Flisser’s care (or when interacting with anyone at RMA).
Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Menopur, cetrotide, and follistim during egg retrieval. Lupron trigger. Progesterone (once daily) and estradiol (3 times daily) prior to, during, and after transfer. Results: 13 eggs harvested, 9 embryos created, 5 embryos available for transfer after genetic testing. I never really felt any “different” on any of the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
All of the nurses were great. They promptly called me every morning or early afternoon with my results and instructions and took the time to carefully explain everything and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When selecting RMA, I noticed that some of the their reviews and feedback online described it as a factory. This was not my experience at all. Everyone there was incredibly nice, patient, and professional. The blood team always was so kind and sweet, giving me there warm wishes that everything would work out for me. The clinic could not have been nicer. Although it was busy at times, that is something you just have to accept as part of the process. I was never there more than an hour during screens, and on average I was there for a half hour. I truly cannot think of any weaknesses of the clinic. Every doctor I met would incredibly smart and had a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. Each monitoring visit lasted between 20-60 minutes, depending on when I showed up and how busy it was. 60 minutes was extreme, and only happened maybe once or twice out of dozens of visits.
Around $7,000
Dr. Flisser recommenced single embryo transfer because it is safer for mother and baby.

Treated 2017 - 2019
The offices of RMA are quite busy, as they take a number of insurance plans. While the monitoring feels busy, we feel taken care of, all questions answered, and a thorough approach to our care takes place when we are one on one with all doctors, nurses, as well as other office staff.... I think they have all been so kind, thorough and supportive through the process. The have all communicated very well, and even when I have called the offices (what I feel like is) 100 times,
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich has a very calm demeanor when explaining our treatments and outcomes. We have appreciated this about her. She has been thoughtful in her approach, and gentle when we have received not-so-great news. She is proactive in making adjustments in treatments, and has taken the time to explain all steps and answer even the smallest of questions. She uses research to back-up her rationale for each treatment approach, and thoughtfully explains each decision without hesitation.
Allow her to explain her rationale for various treatment approaches, and remember to ask all questions. She feels like a wealth of knowledge, and when you ask questions, she can provide you with so much reassurance with her treatment decisions.
The offices of RMA are quite busy, as they take a number of insurance plans. While the monitoring feels busy, we feel taken care of, all questions answered, and a thorough approach to our care takes place when we are one on one with all doctors, nurses, as well as other office staff. Dr. Lekovich has called us to explain the outcome of both of our retrievals, and has taken the time to elaborate on changes to future cycles, and any changes I can personally make in future retrievals.
1. Antagonist protocol, with menopur, gonal and cetrotide for my first IVF cycle 2. Flare protocol with lupron, gonal, menopur for my second, as I only produced 8 follicles for my 1st try, resulting in 0 healthy embryos, it as decided that this protocol should produce more follicles. This only produced 7 follicles, however, resulted in 0 healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I love them. I think they have all been so kind, thorough and supportive through the process. The have all communicated very well, and even when I have called the offices (what I feel like is) 100 times, they are always so so patient and understanding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic treats a lot of women-mostly because they take a great amount of health insurance plans-which is excellent. While there are so many people present for monitoring and appointments, I feel very taken care of when I am the patient in the chair being seen. All of my questions have been answered and all staff, doctors and nurses have all been helpful, supportive and empathic during the process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Great! Easy location-and they are quick, in and out within 15 minutes.
I have thankfully thus far had insurance coverage for most of my treatments- IUIs approximately $400 each, and IVF retrieval cycles were $7000 including medication.

Success w/ Doc 31 Eggs Frozen
From the first consultation throughout the entire 2 egg freezing cycles I did, Dr. Flisser was extremely professional, took the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had, and he had a very warm bedside manner...He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office [of RMA of New York] during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention...does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is an amazing doctor!! One of the best I have ever been to!! I feel very grateful that he was assigned to me! He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
He is extremely intelligent and will give you good advice based on research and up to date knowledge on fertility practice, so do not hesitate to ask any questions you have.
For both cycles, I was given the same protocol. : Follistim, Ganirelex, and Menopur were the main stimulation medications. Lupron and Pregnyl were the trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA are awesome! Very organized, respond promptly to any concerns, and very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've read in other reviews that RMA runs like an oiled machine and they are spot on with that! RMA team are very efficient and the process ran so smoothly. Everyone I dealt with was nice. The office/waiting rooms especially in Manhatthan can get crowded, however, I never felt that I nor my needs were not important- I always felt I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I live on Long Island so did majority of monitoring appointments at Long Island office (Garden City) which is brand new and very pleasant!! My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention.
My one disappointment is that RMA does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
NY - Eastside
My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he [Dr. Stein] suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
[The nurses at RMA of New York] are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!...Monitoring is from 7am-8:30am everyday. If in a rush, get there by 6:50, but they always have two doctors there, so you are usually in and out within 30 minutes if you show up later. There are always nurses there also if you need to meet with them...They only transfer one at a time at RMA. It is safer for both mother and fetus. They educate you on why.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is straightforward, honest, and gives you data based information. I did 3 IUI’s by choice (he told me there was a low percent chance they would work for me, but IVF felt too extreme for me to start with) that were unsuccessful. I then moved to IVF. My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Stein’s team is very personable, gives you same-day phone calls with updates after bloodwork and appointments, and are in constant contact.
3 IUI’s—Clomid then IUI’s which did not work (he has said they have a very low percent chance of working for me but I did them by choice.) 1st retrieval—GonalF and Menopur 2nd retrieval—estrogen patch priming, gonal F, menopur. The estrogen priming seemed to make a big difference for me. Implant: estrogen and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie (coordinator), Eleza and Krista (Nurses))
They were AMAZING! They are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: brilliant doctors and their teams, communication is amazing, space is clean, staff is friendly, open 364 days a year. Weakness: Your doctor might not do your retrieval and IUI’s. If doing IVF they will do your implant and pregnancy ultrasounds. Must go to Eastside office on weekends and it’s crowded—get there early!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our second retrieval we paid out of pocket, almost everything else (including all meds for the whole process) were covered by insurance. We probably spent 15K-ish.
NY - Westside
Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
This was not done at the Westside office but at the Eastside Office. They gave me either wrong information or information that was not up to date. I had called to the eastside office for the results of one of my procedures and was given bad news. Later that day I got a call back with much better news from a different nurse. In between those 2 calls I had gotten depressed until the second call was made.
NY - Westside
Dr. Sekhon is incredibly kind and caring. She's able to deliver hard news thoughtfully and explain why and how certain things are happening in a clear way. Dr. Sekhon treated my husband and me as if we were her friends or family -- when we got bad news, she called us right away and when we got good news, she was cheering in our corner...We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
I adore Connie [nurse at RMA of NY] -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully...It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick...Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My husband I are so grateful for Dr. Sekhon. After being diagnosed with PCOS, we knew we needed help getting pregnant and Dr. Sekhon came highly recommended. In our first meeting, she took the time to clearly outline the entire process and all of our options while answering every single hypothetical question we had. We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
Ask a lot of questions! In my experience, you receive more information if you ask for it. Most doctors don't offer every point of detail but Dr. Sekhon will certainly take the time to explain the way things work if you show that you're interested and want to understand.
For both of the IUIs, I was on Letrozole and then Ovidrel as the trigger shot. For IVF, I was on a combination of Gonal, Menopur, and Cetrotide and then the Lupron Trigger Shot. The dosages of the medications differed between the two IVF protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie and Jennifer)
I adore Connie -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully. Her care and compassion made the entire process so much better!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Overall, we had a great experience at RMA. Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I know many people say that it's a cattle call, but I never felt that way. It is certainly a busy clinic, but I think that's attributed to their success and how many people want to be under RMA's care. It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick.
Thankfully, my insurance covered every procedure and the medication.
Dr. Sekhon told us that for my age (under 35) and good health, it wasn't necessary to do multiple embryo transfers.

Treated 2015 - 2019
I remember him [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] starting me low on clomid then slowly increasing the dosage. Same goes for all other medications as he was proceeding carefully...recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age being that I was categorized as high risk...was sympathetic, caring, took his time explaining things, positive and optimistic about the entire process. I never felt rushed or like I was another number on his schedule. He made me feel confident in the process and was just very sweet overall. I trusted him with the process as well. He showed compassion when I had a miscarriage (without doing IVF as it just happened naturally without doing an IVF cycle).
The clinic [RMA of New York] is clean and organized. The staff wore gloves when doing procedures or drawing blood. The place was sanitary including the bathroom. The location of the office was easy to get to and the office was easy to find. I don’t think I have any weaknesses to include...Everyone in the office was amazing and great. Very friendly, informative and always explained things clearly...Monitoring hours was a breeze. Sometimes the office would be very busy, but it was most efficient and worked well with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Klein was sympathetic, caring, took his time explaining things, positive and optimistic about the entire process. I never felt rushed or like I was another number on his schedule. He made me feel confident in the process and was just very sweet overall. I trusted him with the process as well. He showed compassion when I had a miscarriage (without doing IVF as it just happened naturally without doing an IVF cycle). I always felt excited to see him because he was always positive and showed encouragement that everything will be fine and work out. He was never negative or quiet. He explained everything in detail and answered all my questions promptly and accurately. He is very knowledgeable and offered great recommendations towards which route to take to conceive.
Dr. Klein is very trustworthy and knows what he’s doing. You’re in good hands if you see him.
I remember him starting me low on clomid then slowly increasing the dosage. Same goes for all other medications as he was proceeding carefully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yenisse Hernandez )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean and organized. The staff wore gloves when doing procedures or drawing blood. The place was sanitary including the bathroom. The location of the office was easy to get to and the office was easy to find. I don’t think I have any weaknesses to include.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I don’t remember but it was covered through my insurance except for copays and certain deductibles.
Dr. Klein recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age being that I was categorized as high risk. He felt confident in that recommendation and I trusted him.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Matthew Lederman] was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle...is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities...I was 39 and hypertensive when I met with Dr. Lederman at the time. He came up with a medication regimen based on that and my reproductive history. New Patient Advice
They [nurses of RMA of New York] were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful...My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses...I saw Dr. Lederman mainly in the Westchester office were everyone was lovely and the office was in a lovely building. That office is light and bright also very clean. I came in before work which was perfect for me and usually I was seen quickly but sometimes I had to wait awhile on a busy day. The Eastside office was big and busy. I wish that office was brighter but they move quicker there because all the labs are done there.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities.
Ask him all the questions you want so that you can fully understand him and the process.
He was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy and Norma Gaytan)
They were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses. A few of the expenses were things my husband and I opted for to insure a positive result.
He said right away because of my hypertension he was only transferring one embryo at a time.
NY - Eastside
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable.... He responds to emails within minutes, he’s aware of how we’re feeling and what’s important, and he’s very bright and knowledgeable. I trust him entirely with our care, and I believe our best interests are what’s most important to him.
RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments.... Marlene is friendly, warm, and thorough. I know she is good at what she does and I feel like I’m in good hands.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Expect efficiency. It may seems like he’s rushing at times, but if you have questions and concerns, he’ll answer them thoroughly. If you think of something later, he’s very reachable.
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable. Well-Oiled in the best way, and very bright.
My husband and I are currently waiting for my thyroid hormones to normalize before we begin our first cycle. I am unsure of what particular strategies and protocols are required, but I honestly trust his judgement while-heartedly. We will have to do the ICSI procedure due to medical necessity. Dr Klein’s people are in contact with our male fertility specialist, and this communication is so helpful so my husband and I don’t have to worry about being the messenger. Between our doctors, I know we’re in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Thorough care for my husband and myself. RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments. Staff training is very hands on, and RMA has obviously high standards in choosing employees.
Unsure of cost as our insurance covers these services.
We have not discussed this yet.
Westchester
My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him...talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information n
RMA of NY is a big place. People refer to fertility clinics/offices in NYC as factories, but I never felt this way at RMA. In fact, every morning (and there are lots of early mornings for monitoring), i was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. There is a large staff, but you will recognize the same familiar faces, especially when going in several times per week. I wasn't there long enough to know everyone on a first name basis, but I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was recommended to me by my OBGYN, and I could not have been more pleased with him and of course - with the end result - my daughter!! From the start, Dr. Lederman made my husband and I feel comfortable and at ease about the fertility process. Of course, we were nervous walking into our first appointment. (We were in unchartered territory and were surprised by the fact that we even needed fertility support to begin with.) After our initial appointment, we left feeling confident that we would be able to expand our family, and less than a year later, we did! Dr. Lederman talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information needed to make an informed decision about how to proceed. Although I was a bit weary of an IUI working (from talking to my friends and their experiences), my husband and I decided to proceed with an IUI as it was less invasive. I did not expect that it would work, especially on our first try, but it did and we are forever grateful! In the weeks following our positive pregnancy test, Dr. Lederman met with me to perform ultrasounds and check the status of our baby. He was genuinely so happy for us, and I cannot thank him enough for his support, encouragement and positivity along the way. Although my time with Dr. Lederman was short, (which is a good thing!), I would highly recommend him as someone to take this fertility journey with. In fact, when the time comes for us to expand our family again, we will most certainly be going back to Dr. Lederman.
One piece of advice I would suggest is to write down all of your questions. Dr. Lederman is patient and well informed. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and even twice if you don't initially understand. Writing everything down is important so that you leave your consultation having all of the facts and information you need! (If you forget, don't worry - Dr. Lederman quickly replies to emails!)
Dr. Lederman was the perfect match for me from the start! As soon as I met him, I felt like he was someone who I would trust to take this journey with. He spent an hour with my husband and I, getting to know us, our fertility goals, reviewing previous testing, helping us understand our next steps, going over options and reassuring us that with patience and time, our goal would be met. My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him.
Dr. Lederman suggested that we start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Letrozole in the days leading up to my IUI. Due to an insurance mix up at the pharmacy, I had to get Clomid instead. (They both do the same thing and in the end it worked for me!) I also did one trigger shot the night before the IUI. While on the table getting my IUI, I was talking to Dr. Lederman about scheduling my next IUI because I was going away for winter break and wanted to find out whether or not I could squeeze it in before my trip. He looked at me and said, "Let's give this one a chance and then we'll talk." Well - he was right!! I ended up pregnant and my next visit with him was to have an ultrasound to check for a sac. I went to Dr. Lederman for ten weeks, then graduated and went to a new OBGYN (recommended by Dr. Lederman). In those ten weeks, I had a million more questions than I had during my initial consultation. Dr. Lederman and his team were there to support me during this time. All of my questions were answered and I was extremely pleased with the close monitoring of my baby. **I didn't write a review until after my daughter was born as I was superstitious - but I am forever grateful to Dr. Lederman for helping me expand my family. He made this difficult process, extremely positive and calming. **
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman's primary nurse went on maternity leave early in my process, but everyone at RMA was extremely thorough, kind, supportive, friendly and easy to talk to! I always felt welcomed in the office or on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Every insurance is different. I suggest making sure that you call your insurance provider prior to your visit to find out what is covered. Luckily, I only had to pay a co-pay for each visit/ultrasound.