Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just minor - this round, I was told by a nurse to start birth control, and that I would be starting stims in mid April. Cut to a few days before I thought this was starting, and I learned from the coordinator that I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the cycle until May. This was mostly due to the fact that I had travel scheduled that could potentially conflict with a retrieval date had I started stims in April. However, I'd communicated this travel with everyone, and the nurse I spoke to earlier said "this won't be a problem." There was just a miscommunication. Not the end of the world for me, but given we pay so much for this service, isn't something I'd be happy to experience again.
NY - Westside

sometimes I felt like my doctor [Dr. Daniel Stein] didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much...prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.

2019, 17 Eggs Frozen
On the day of the surgery he [Dr. Coppernan] was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in...He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him...made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients...My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends...I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there...The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was a phenomenal communicator. He was compassionate, caring and genuine. He was very thorough and always spent as much time as necessary with me to ensure all my questions were answered and all of my concerns were addressed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat when meeting with me from that point forward. He would email me directly to check in on me throughout my cycle. Dr. Copperman was the best part of my visit to RMA NY every time I got to see him. He is so sweet and sincere. His bedside manner was out of this world. He encouraged me throughout my cycle and praised me for my bravery in my decision to preserve my fertility. There is literally no other Reproductive Endocrinologist that I would trust with my fertility other than Dr. Copperman. The choice was easy. He was so sweet to my partner and great with my sister. On the day of the surgery he was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in. The team introduced themselves to me and explained what role they would be playing in my retrieval. He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients. I didn't care about that as long as I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on 2 vials of Menopur every night with the exception of one night when they dropped it down to 1 vial. I was on 150 IU of Gonal-F that I injected every morning. Towards the end of my cycle, they dropped the Gonal-F to 112.5 IU. The last few days of my cycle I did Gonal-F in the morning and Menopur and Cetrotide at night until my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire & Jordyn Banks)
My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends. My nurse coordinator Jordyn was a dream to work with. She was always on top of everything and spent the time to sit with me and explain my protocol as well as provide me with injection instructions and tips. Both Sam and Jordyn went above and beyond for me. They're both my fertility fairy God Mothers.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room could definitely be improved in terms of atmosphere and furniture but don't let that turn you off. Sometimes classical music would be playing today's top hits and I really liked that when it was on. The colors in the waiting room were a little dark and dreary. Sometimes the phlebotomist didn't introduce themselves by name but kindly greeted me as I went back for blood work. My very first visit was a little confusing as I had never been to a monitoring appointment before and didn't know the process / what to expect and I didn't receive instructions from the front desk check in coordinators when you sign in. I think that all new patients that come in for their first monitoring appointment should be told what to expect and what the process entails (sign your name on the sticker with your doctors name, sit in the waiting room until your name is called by a nurse, go back and get your blood work done, go back into the waiting room and wait to be called for your ultrasound, following the ultrasound go to the check out desk and formally check out and speak with a billing coordinator.) I had to self navigate my first appointment but after the initial monitoring appointment I got the hang of things in terms of the process. The nurses were always very pleasant. The billing coordinators required retraining in terms of how to speak to patients compassionately during check out. I made RMA NY aware of this immediately and shortly after I provided this feedback the billing coordinator experience improved drastically. At the end of the day, all I cared about was that I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman and his team. Go to your monitoring appointment at 6:50 - 7AM - the early bird gets the worm and there are way less patients there and you get in and get right out!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super convenient. I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there. The phlebotomist should be taking the time to explain blood work during your first monitoring appointment so that you understand as I was confused my first appointment. The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
Alan Copperman

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.
Taraneh Nazem

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lederman is very kind and approachable. He is happy to answer questions and allows his personality and compassion to shine through in his work...Dr. Lederman was extremely helpful in making me feel like I wasn't the only person who has experienced this, and he shared that even though it was not the outcome we hoped for, the retrieval round provided us with good information moving forward....
[RMA of New York] Strengths: evidence-based, tons of research goes into their strategies, highly knowledgeable, good reputation Weaknesses: sometimes can be disorganized, it's a huge clinic so sometimes you feel like a "number"...[nurses are] Truly amazing. So kind, loving, and they're really rooting for you...they only do single embryo transfers, as far as I know...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When I initially consulted with Dr. Lederman, I had no idea what to expect. He was helpful in providing education to my husband and I around fertility procedures, etc. We did several diagnostic tests, and ultimately had the diagnosis of unexplained infertility. We proceeded with 3 rounds of IUI; none of which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Then, we moved toward IVF. For my first egg retrieval, we learned that my egg quality seemed somewhat compromised, and I had challenges with retrieving mature eggs. We ended up with two embryos from the first retrieval, both of which unfortunately were chromosomally abnormal (we had them PGT tested). I was devastated, and Dr. Lederman was extremely helpful in making me feel like I wasn't the only person who has experienced this, and he shared that even though it was not the outcome we hoped for, the retrieval round provided us with good information moving forward. We did another egg retrieval, with altered protocol to hopefully get more eggs, and ended up with 2 normal PGT tested embryos. We transferred one, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Again, I felt so defeated. Dr. Lederman called me throughout each stage of the process to provide me with updated on embryo growth, next steps, and encouragement. We went to go transfer the other embryo we had, and right before the procedure, learned that it had not survived being thawed (this was a day-7 embryo). Yet again, I was crushed. Dr. Lederman provided as much reassurance as he could, given how sad I was. We took a break after that, as mentally I was feeling hopeless about the process. A few months later, we did 2 more rounds of egg retrievals, both times getting 2 chromosomally normal embryos - leaving us with 4 total. We transferred one, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Transferred another, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Transferred a third, and finally we had our strong, positive pregnancy test. After nearly 2 years of working with Dr. Lederman, I am in my second trimester of pregnancy. I cannot express enough how his dedication, warmth, and encouragement meant to my husband and I. Stick with it, and Dr. Lederman will certainly stick with you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Ask questions, express any concerns you have. He is reassuring and knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Truly amazing. So kind, loving, and they're really rooting for you!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered some, but out of pocket we spent around $25,000
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
At my clinic, they only do single embryo transfers, as far as I know. The primary reason being that singleton pregnancies are safest.

2022, 16 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Sekhon] really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat...She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable...standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days...
I found the whole staff [at RMA of New York] very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease...Great location with nice facilities (love the downtown location), efficient (rarely had to wait more than 15-20 min during monitoring to have my ultrasound), friendly (even the blood-taking tech put me at ease about the needles I'd be using)...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I met Dr. Lucky around my 31st birthday and decided at the time to hold off on egg freezing for a couple more years. Around my 33rd, I was no longer living in NYC and considered another, nationally known clinic - I had a horrible, disorganized experience and did not proceed with treatment. Several girlfriends had gone to Dr. Lucky and rated their experience 10/10 so I decided to make the journey to NY to work with her. It was absolutely worth it. She really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat! No hesitation, she's the only fertility doctor I'd go to!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Be open about what you're concerned about and ask all the questions you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky made me felt taken care of every step of the way. She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable. The whole staff at RMA was wonderful.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had a standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I found the whole staff very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
I had Progyny which covered the majority of costs.

2022, Unknown Success
Everything felt personal; from her [Dr. Gerber] relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story...starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm...
The finance coordinator [at RMA of NY] was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions....I requested that the results of my saline ultrasound be sent to my obgyn. I filled out the necessary paperwork to request the documents and made sure my consent was on file. The documents were never sent. When I called to follow up, they said they would call back and never did. However, when I mentioned to Dr. Gerber during my appointment, she personally send the records the next day...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
It was immediately evident that Dr. Gerber was interested in our "story" and the journey my husband and I were taking towards building a family. Everything felt personal; from her relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story. On one occasion, I reached out to the RMA office for records. The office never got back to me and I never received what was requested; when I mentioned this to Dr. Gerber during my next appointment, she personally sent me what I needed the very next day. I have full faith in her expertise as a Dr. and cannot wait for her to guide me through the next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Share your concerns openly. Although I was initially embarrassed to share some of my concerns, I never felt judged and she put my mind at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I will be starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenna McAuliffe)
I have not had too many interactions as of yet. She has sent me the details of my protocol and seems very organized. She has answered all of my questions so far.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The finance coordinator was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions. Regarding the clinic in general, it is sometimes frustrating that there is not a direct phone number to reach the Mount Kisco location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
I have not received a full picture of this yet.

2021 - 2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
RMA is a well-oiled machine - they know what they're doing. Despite being a big practice, it was easy for me to reach my care team and everyone I spoke with throughout the process was calm and helpful...They [nurses] called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I went through what was fortunately a very straightforward egg freezing cycle with Dr. Sekhon. The initial consultation appointment was very thorough, and left me with a clear idea of what to reasonably expect for someone freezing at my age (37). I saw Dr. Sekhon several times during my cycle, and each time, even during very brief monitoring appointments, she expertly balanced the straightforward sharing of information about how the cycle was progressing with empathy and care. I was grateful that she was easy to reach with questions, and honest about both the potential and limitations of the freezing process. Her care and that of her team made a daunting process very manageable.
I had to book several weeks out for both my initial consultation and follow up appointment, so be prepared for a possible wait. The time in the appointments moves quickly, and there's a lot of information to process - preparing questions beforehand will help you ensure you have all the info you need (and you can also email her if you need to follow up).
Dr. Sekhon gave a thorough overview of the egg freezing process, and made sure I knew how to reach her and her team with any follow up questions. She responded quickly to my questions, and her team was friendly and easy to reach, which helped make the process very smooth.
I had a very straightforward treatment plan for my egg retrieval - Gonal-F and Menopur for 8-9 days, followed by a trigger shot. Dr. Sekhon attenuated the medication after my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was glad to be able to go into the clinic most convenient to my home during monitoring hours - I had to wait about 10 minutes once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal, and once I got in I was finished in under ten minutes.
The cycle and included appointments was $9,500, the anesthesia for the retrieval was $950, the medications were approximately $5,500.

2021 - 2022, Successful
As difficult as the process is, she [Dr. Thornton] always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic.
[RMA of New York] is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I would highly recommend Dr. Thornton and had a really positive experience going through IVF under her care. As difficult as the process is, she always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic. She is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor, very kind with great bedside manner, and I truly trusted her opinion and recommendations. I can't recommend her enough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was always available to answer my questions and usually responded within a few hours. I truly trusted her advice and she always eased any concerns I had throughout the IVF process, and she treated me with patience and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses and my coordinator were great. Always very responsive and would call back very quickly if I had questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were really easy. I was usually in and out of the office within 30 minutes. I was always able to schedule the time that I wanted, which made it easy to manage before work.
Kimberley Thornton

2018 - 2022, Successful
Under his [Dr. Daniel Stein] care, we thawed my eggs, made embryos and did our first FET in March. It worked and I am now 9 weeks pregnant and cannot thank Dr. Stein and the RMA team enough for their expertise, professionalism, and kind demeanor...Don't expect to see Dr. Stein every visit - he is there for the important stuff but you will see nearly everyone during your monitoring
RMA of NY only practices eSET. They will not do multiples...LOVE that they have a financial coordinator who handled my insurance. I do wish you could request your monitoring appt time online vs always having to call them on a weekly basis but they were pretty good about getting me the time I needed each week.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
have been a patient of Dr. Stein's since 2018 when I decided to freeze my eggs at 34 y/o. Now at 38, I was diagnosed with PCOS so back to Dr. Stein we went! Under his care, we thawed my eggs, made embryos and did our first FET in March. It worked and I am now 9 weeks pregnant and cannot thank Dr. Stein and the RMA team enough for their expertise, professionalism, and kind demeanor. I am so happy I decided to freeze my eggs with Dr. Stein's recommendation when I did and found out recently that RMA of NY has one of the best, if not the best, success rates for successful pregnancies from frozen eggs. We will definitely be back for our second child and will forever be grateful for making our dreams of having children possible for us.
I was always greeted in a warm and professional manner and never felt like just another number.
After being diagnosed at 38 with PCOS, we went straight to IVF and Dr. Stein did not recommend IUI or any other treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie )
Jackie called me weekly - I never met her in person but she always gave me my results and talked me through my next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
For my original egg freezing in 2018, we paid out of pocket about 14k as this wasn't covered by insurance. For our IVF cycle with ICSI, insurance covered us less 10% out of pocket to RMA. I think we paid less than $1500 all in to date.
RMA of NY only practices eSET. They will not do multiples.

2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser was always thorough and explained things as many times as I needed to hear them. My husband also felt very comfortable with how Dr. Flisser spoke to him during our later monitoring appointments. There was one time that I wanted to try a different schedule of medications than what was suggested. Dr. Flisser was open to my concerns and we were able to adjust the initial plan to something I felt more comfortable with.
Morning monitoring [at RMA of New York] was very organized and ran smoothly. All of the doctors I saw were very kind and thorough even though they weren’t my primary doctor. Whenever I had questions, it was easy to leave a message and someone always returned my call the same day...[the nurses] were always very detailed in reporting results and never hesitated to co silt Dr. flisser if I had a question they couldn’t answer.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask questions! Dr. Flisser will explain everything in depth
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was always very kind and compassionate but also direct and honest- he answered my questions thoroughly and never hesitated to say when he didn’t know the answer to a question. It was a nice surprise that I was able to be seen by him during my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were 2 nurses who typically contacted me with results- Sam and Ariel. They were always very detailed in reporting results and never hesitated to co silt Dr. flisser if I had a question they couldn’t answer.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Morning monitoring was very organized and ran smoothly. All of the doctors I saw were very kind and thorough even though they weren’t my primary doctor. Whenever I had questions, it was easy to leave a message and someone always returned my call the same day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments ran smoothly. Some days were busier than others. On average, I spent about 30 minutes in the office for bloodwork and ultrasound
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Overall, we spent approximately 8k for an egg retrieval and FET
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Flisser explained that in my specific case, he would recommend to begin with a single embryo transfer. He explained the risks in a multi embryo transfer and why it wasn’t the best choice for me at this time. I felt completely comfortable with his recommendation and rationales.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser was always very professional and straightforward during my treatment. During our consultation he advised I start IVF given my age and difficulty conceiving, but I opted for IUI to begin and he was supportive. I wish I had started IVF sooner and trusted his counsel more...He was very straightforward and answered my questions without making me feel like I was taking up too much of his times...
RMA handles a lot of patients. Some staff were very professional and kind and others were very brusque. Morning hours started 6:45ish...Dr. Flisser's nursing team communicated well and compassionately. His IVF coordinator was also helpful with all of our questions...The people who handle transactions tend to be the least friendly. The financial coordinators are nice but I'm sure they have to deal with a lot of questions and blowback for what isn't covered by insurance...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I really enjoyed my experience with Dr. Flisser and his team. He was very straightforward and answered my questions without making me feel like I was taking up too much of his times. And I was able to conceive after my first cycle, so I'm very pleased with how effective the protocol was.
He can be pretty straightforward, so if you need someone more delicate with news, then Flisser might not be the right fit.
Dr. Flisser was always very professional and straightforward during my treatment. During our consultation he advised I start IVF given my age and difficulty conceiving, but I opted for IUI to begin and he was supportive. I wish I had started IVF sooner and trusted his counsel more. During my scans, egg retrieval and FET, I appreciated his candor and kindness throughout a challenging process.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Gonal F, Menopur, Cet, Dual Trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA handles a lot of patients. Some staff were very professional and kind and others were very brusque. Morning hours started 6:45ish so I can understand that some people aren't morning people. The people who handle transactions tend to be the least friendly. The financial coordinators are nice but I'm sure they have to deal with a lot of questions and blowback for what isn't covered by insurance.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Going earlier was better, and often worked, especially since my work starts promptly at 8am. But later patients would run into backups for monitoring.
Embryology and PGT were all out of pocket (~$4000K). Insurance covered everything else, except for a co-pay each visit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
It took a really long time for my medical files to get to my MFM once I graduated from RMA. That was really annoying.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser is straightforward and kind. For some, the stress and trauma of infertility may require a more sugar-coated approach but for me his style allowed me to feel supported, informed, and that I was in charge of my fertility and decisions. He was compassionate about my medical history and gave guidance that was truthful but addressed my specific concerns. I felt I could ask him anything and get a high quality, honest, well intentioned answer...
The office [RMA of New York] is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer...All the nurses at RMA are kind, helpful and supportive. They are your cheerleaders! Leyla in particular goes above and beyond to make her patients feel in control and provides comfort during what can be an otherwise isolating time...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not mistake his honest and straightforward nature for a lack of kindness or compassion. He is brilliant and an excellent resource.
Dr. Flisser helped me evaluate my options with regard to using embryos from a prior retrieval vs natural pregnancy. He was straightforward and kind and supported my decision to try naturally.
I had frozen embryos from a previous cycle w Dr. grunfeld (retired in 2020). I came back to RMA to understand how IVF worked when you already had embryos and to evaluate my options. After a few cycles of trying on my own, Dr. Flisser allowed me to continue a natural cycle but with monitoring which helped me feel comforted that I wasn’t wasting my time and ultimately yielded a (so far) successful natural pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer. You are in good hands!
I was lucky to have my treatments mostly covered by my insurance but they are very good about confirming insurance upfront and making you aware of any potential costs.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Every question I had she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] answered openly and honestly. As a women of color, it was important to me and my partner to find a doctor whom had familiarity of health concerns that arrises for my demographic...I felt as though I was Dr. Jackson Bey only patient when I knew I wasn't. I would say to also be patient with how fast she responds back to your email. Other than that, in my experience I had a wonderful with Dr. Jackson-Bey...
Nicole [nurse at RMA of New York] was amazing. She answered all my questions regardless of how many times I asked her. I never had to wait long when I had appointments and I was still able to make it to work on time...Strengths: Well organized, clean, respectful staff and nurses. No long waits. Weakness: You may not always see your Dr. Not ever time I has an early morning appointment that I was able to see my doctor...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
When I first met Dr. Jackson-Bey I was open and honest about my bad experience from the previous fertility clinic. Going through fertility issues is alot emotionally and mentally. I expressed to Dr. Jackson-Bey my desires to have a child of my own. She went over my previous cycle as well as expressed why the cycle option she selected for me would be beneficial. From my first visit, I immediately experienced positive variations from my first clinic. She gave me 3D sonogram because I had some fibrous. She also was able to explain in detail what additional test as well as prenatal vitamins to help support me with my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Be positive. I struggled a-lot with not being empathetic. I felt as though I was Dr. Jackson Bey only patient when I knew I wasn't. I would say to also be patient with how fast she responds back to your email. Other than that, in my experience I had a wonderful with Dr. Jackson-Bey and her amazing staff at RMANY
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Bey- Jackson was amazing. From our first consultation to my current situation she has been great. Every question I had she answered openly and honestly. As a women of color, it was important to me and my partner to find a doctor whom had familiarity of health concerns that arrises for my demographic. Dr. Bey- Jackson is the type of doctor that families having issues with infertility need.
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle that wasn't conducted at RMANY, I did a natural cycle. My first cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. After going over my results, it was discovered I had endometriosis and needed further treatment before going through another cycle. I also have PCOS and low thyroid issues. Dr. Jackson Bey suggested for this cycle I try a medicated cycle. I first started with injections to help me produce quality eggs. On the day of my egg retrieval, I could bailey walk and I didn't know why until my retrieval was over. Dr Jackson Bey was able to retrieve 40 eggs. From the 40, 30 eggs fertilized and 26 turned into embryos. At my previous clinic, my doctor was only able to retrieve 12 eggs and 7 fertilized and 4 turned into embryos . Me and my partner decided to do PGT testing to eliminate not having a successful cycle. We only tested 4 embryos and out of the 4, 1 came back abnormal. PGT wasn't covered by my insurance so it cost us about $2,400 and to have each embryo tested was $150 per embryo. Once we got the results back, we completed our Transfer in May and in 2 weeks we got the positive news that our prays have been answered and Dr. Jackson Bey confirmed that we were pregnant. I still cant believe it. Dr Jackson Bey was able to look at my medical history and determine the best cycle option for me and my partner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Weitzel)
Nicole was amazing. She answered all my questions regardless of how many times I asked her. I never had to wait long when I had appointments and I was still able to make it to work on time.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Well organized, clean, respectful staff and nurses. No long waits. Weakness: You may not always see your Dr. Not ever time I has an early morning appointment that I was able to see my doctor. However, the Dr was just as experience and professional as my Dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most appointments were in the am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
My medical insurance covered my cycle. My out of pocket cost were co-pays, cost of medication (varies by cycle), PGT testing ($2400) and embryo testing ($150 per embryo)
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Jackson Bey suggested one embryo transfer due to my age as well as the risk factors that come with multiple pregnancy. Me and my partner did desire to have twins but we understood and respected her expertise.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Jackson-Bey is both a wonderful doctor and person. She never made me and my husband feel rushed and took the time to answer questions and speak to us, even after hours. Her bedside manner is exactly what I want in a doctor, she keeps it real yet hopeful, is confident and kind...I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay...I like and recommend RMA. I appreciate the flexibility in monitoring hours and locations and I liked that I got a chance to meet most of the doctors there since you never know who you'll get on procedure days. Most doctors have great bedside manner and a few seem too busy for questions but I don't blame them, monitoring mornings get busy.
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
I have nothing but good things to say. In fact my husband and I wish she could be our GP. She is really good at explaining what's happening, makes time for questions and is responsive. I never felt rushed, pressured, or like I wasn't receiving the best advice. I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case. Truly a gifted physician and gem of a person.
Bring a notebook and be prepared to take lots of notes. There's no such thing as a bad question.
Egg retrieval 1: antagonist protocol. I was a slow responder and stimmed for 14 days. I have slightly low amh and only had 5 eggs retrieved. one made it to blast and came back low mosaic. We changed my protocol for the second retrieval and did the microflare protocol with estrogen priming. I ended up with 6 eggs and 4 blasts. Three came back PGT normal. in between retrievals I had to have a laproscopic hysteroscopy to remove uterine adhesions and fix additional scarring/issues at the fundus. I had my FET two months after my second retrieval and three months after surgery. It was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy Arnerich-Hatch)
So sweet and so responsive. Lucy is great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay. Most of our IVF was paid for out of pocket.
Will only transfer one embryo at a time. She outlined her reasons and we were on board.

2019 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. Lederman] told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner.
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion...Sometimes the White Plains office can get very busy. Fridays especially. Request early appointment times if you can, as those seemed to have the shortest wait. Other than that, the staff kept everything moving efficiently.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first met with Dr. Lederman, I explained my symptoms and shortly thereafter we went into another room to look at my ovaries on ultrasound. Immediately, he told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner. I really felt like he was always on my team, and routing for our success.
Trust that he is trying to find the right protocol for your body. Everyone is different and one protocol will not produce the same results for two different people.
Dr. Lederman always remembered my case when he saw me during treatments. He was always so kind and personable, and so empathetic when we didn’t get results we were looking for.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols, but the one that worked for me was estrogen priming (patches). This produced the most amount of follicles for me, and resulted in two PGS normal embryos. Previously we had used birth control before cycle starts but that seemed to suppress me too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shakira - nurse for bloods. Andrea - coordinator )
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion. She and Audrey are the sweetest.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most treatments for us other than anesthesia and embryo testing.

2021, Successful
Dr Mukherjee is extremely competent, transmits a lot of confidence and he is also very straight-forward, which I appreciated. He is definitely busy but will take the time to listen and answer your questions when you need him...advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense...he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested...
RMA is a well-oiled machine - very efficient, always on time, quick to respond It can feel impersonal because they do see many many women everyday and monitoring room is crowded but I believe the more women they see, the more data they have, the more studies they can perform, etc.... So it can be seen as impersonal but I believe is a very good clinic with the best standard of care...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Trust him, he will give you advice with your best interest in mind. That said, advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense. One example: I did 2 IUIs that failed and normally 3 are recommended before you go to IVF. I asked him to skip the 3rd one and move on to IVF and he was very open to accept it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee and RMA are obviously very busy....RMA is a well-oiled machine so in everyday appointments there is not much time to chat...but if you have questions and need them at any point then the Dr. will make time for you, answer all questions and listen to you.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
2 IUIs + Clomid and then IVF (with genetic testing, freeze all)
I talked to 2 nurses - Clara and Marisa....they were responsive and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered most of it but all-in I had ~6k of co-pays for 1 IVF cycle and 2k for genetic testing
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested - I believe this is 100% the right approach

2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time..
Monitoring appts [at RMA of NY] were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen...$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle...Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time. Couldn’t recommend her more.
Ask all of the questions you have and voice any things you’re hesitant about, she’ll provide all of the information you need.
Dr. Gerber was very thorough and individualized our meetings based on my challenges and concerns.
Was diagnosed with PCOS in the early stages of egg freezing as I did not have a menstrual cycle. Began oral medications to produce a cycle, which was not initially planned. Then did injectable medications once the cycle began for nearly three weeks (“low and slow”) due to PCOS. had daily bloodwork and ultrasounds for nearly the last week again due to PCOS and high risk for hyper stimulation syndrome. Ended up with a very large number of viable eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The care coordinator did not play a major role as I did not hear from her much through the cycle, only at the onset for paperwork. Was not assigned a primary nurse. The nurse I met with for patient education regarding administering injections was inpatient and not thorough. Seemed easily annoyed by my questions and because I hadn’t been “pre scheduled” to meet with her. The ultrasound technicians were always very kind. When I had doctors who were not Dr. Gerber (as she was not present for every monitoring appointment), they were also nice though not as informative as my primary doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - primary doctor was amazing. Ultrasound techs are also great. Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be. Provider gave me donor medications because my insurance would not cover costs. Weaknesses - did not see primary doctor for many monitoring appointments and had a different doctor for the actual retrieval. Limited assistance from nurse and patient coordinator. Only select locations open for weekend monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen.
$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle. None were covered by my insurance.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of cycle, the coordinator forgot to send in certain requests for testing and I had to come back for follow up appointments.

2018 - 2021, Successful
While acknowledging his [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] extensive expertise, I found his attitude very cold and uninterested limiting his answers to a standardized negative approach, always referring to the unlikelihood of success due to my age (40 yrs old)...often feel like I was asking really stupid questions. I never felt comfortable, but I trusted his expertise and it worked.
it [RMA of New York - Eastside] seemed a bit of a production factory as in the morning during the monitoring timeframe it was often overly crowded and a bit stressful. With the new covid measures, it was incredibly well organized, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes at the monitoring visits, and I found the new system of having a set time for each patient to have the monitoring visits really efficient. If this system will continue to be in place after all covid measures will be lifted, I think it will be in the best interest of everyone.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
As a patient, I was hoping to have some empathy shown during the visits, on the contrary, even when I was making optimistic remarks such as "this is the third egg retrieval and the number of eggs triplicated from the first one", his feedback would be "not many of those eggs will be good ones". So yes, stating the truth, but unnecessary in a situation where I was clearly making a positive remark to cheer myself up from the previous negative outcomes. Also the attitude in responding to my questions made me often feel like I was asking really stupid questions. I never felt comfortable, but I trusted his expertise and it worked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I acknowledge his expertise and the last of the 3 egg retrievals was performed by him, which was excellent and unlike previous experiences I did not have any negative side effect nor bleeding (despite the triplicated number of eggs retrieved). The last embryo transfer was also done by him and it was really smooth and it worked well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
While acknowledging his extensive expertise, I found his attitude very cold and uninterested limiting his answers to a standardized negative approach, always referring to the unlikelihood of success due to my age (40 yrs old).
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
As my age was increasing, the protocols changed. Initially I took a lot of Menopur and Gonal-f injections, then the most recent protocol was the following: (first 5 days) 2 powder vials of Menopur (evening) 200 mg of Clomiphene Citrate (evening) 200 IU of Gonal/F (morning) (next 3 days) 250 mcg of Cetrotide injection (evening) 3 powder vials of Menopur (evening) 200 IU of Gonal/F (morning) Finally, trigger shot: hcG 1K injection + Lupron 40U This protocol resulted in more than 20 eggs retrieved, all of which were fertilized, but eventually only one resulted in a "normal" transferable embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Garbin)
Everyone is a star, I will never stop thanking them for the amazing work done and the compassion shown during these years of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I started the treatments pre-covid, and I was fine with the clinic, although it seemed a bit of a production factory as in the morning during the monitoring timeframe it was often overly crowded and a bit stressful. With the new covid measures, it was incredibly well organized, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes at the monitoring visits, and I found the new system of having a set time for each patient to have the monitoring visits really efficient. If this system will continue to be in place after all covid measures will be lifted, I think it will be in the best interest of everyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Between 13k and 15k the out of pocket cycle.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sandler always recommended eSET, especially since we decided to do the PGS testing of all our embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had some issues with the financial coordinator (a newly recruited one) that I dealt with in my last cycle. The cycle was fully out of pocket and she gave me wrong information about the costs that I would face for each pregnancy monitoring visit, indicating it would be 250$ per visit, while the bill I received at the end reported 350$ per visit. Initially, the financial coordinator tried to insist that I had misunderstood the costs that she mentioned, but thankfully, I had some email exchanges that could provide evidence about the misinformation I received, so I managed to have this problem solved by her supervisor. Nevertheless, considering the major costs involved in this type of service, I really hope RMA has taken appropriate measures to prevent similar mistakes to be done by the financial team.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lederman is knowledgeable in his field and the type of physician who is direct and straight to the point which I greatly appreciated. He always got back to you for any concerns you had and was easy to reach if you had any questions. He made it a point to do the embryo transfers himself which was reassuring...always remembered who I was despite a busy office practice
[RMA of New York] Strengths: well organized especially with a large patient population. Weakness: monitoring would sometimes be backed up esp when needing an ultrasound which would always make me late for work in the morning...Coordinator and all nursing staff were organized and good. No concerns...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Come prepared as he will help you in your fertility goals. Also although rare there is a chance you can have identical twins with ivf! I’m happy his clinic only performs one embryo transfer at a time.
Dr Lederman always remembered who I was despite a busy office practice
My husband and I had “unexplained infertility.” We tried to get pregnant but after one year got restless and decided to proceed with ivf after failing with clomid and later iui’s given my advancing age. We completed 2 egg retrievals and made several viable embryos. We did the genetic testing and proceeded with our first frozen embryo transplant which resulted in a healthy bouncing baby boy. After 6 months we decided to do transfer #2. Not knowing if it would work or not, we were delightfully surprised that we were pregnant with baby # 2 AND #3. Our embryo split randomly and we are a few weeks away from meeting our twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Coordinator and all nursing staff were organized and good. No concerns.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were BUSY. If you needed an ultrasound expect to wait as they were often delayed. Giving blood work was quick and efficient.
We were cash patients as my Insurance only gave $5k for the lifetime of fertility treatments
I think it’s essential they only do a single embryo transfer. Our embryo randomly split and we have identical twins. I can’t imagine having the possibility of carrying more than 2 babies given the risks associated with multiples.
2021, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring...
RMA is efficient and reliable...It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler was the doctor who did my egg retrieval - he was not the doctor I initially met. I was initially nervous about not being able to select a doctor for my retrieval, but I realize at RMA, it doesn't matter who you meet initially because you will be working with the entire team. Some people are uncomfortable with this. Once I understood that this was the case, I didn't mind. I felt confident that the team was reliable. I also understood that the purpose of going to a clinic like this, is to try and get the maximum efforts for fertility - hence the initial doctor I met also suggested an embryo freeze to IVF as opposed to simple egg retrieval due to my age and circumstances. I was nervous going into the procedure, as I had never gone under anesthesia (which only lasted 30 minutes). Dr. Sandler came in quickly, introduced himself, promised he would retrieve as many eggs as possible, and got more eggs than were part of any of my monitoring. While I have yet to confirm the number of embryos we have after PGT, I believe he did exceptional for what was needed. I also did not bleed or spot at all after the egg retrieval and recovered completely in 24 hours. I do think this was a result of his excellent and fast care.
Disregard the negative reviews - Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring. That being said, the efficiency of all of the nurses and doctors made them a good team. If you feel you need bedside manner or ask more questions, you need to speak up and ask for it. I felt I needed more at several times and so I made them set up additional meetings with doctors and nurses when I felt I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I did not like my coordinator - she was too inexperienced and tried to rush me into the procedure before she went on vacation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is efficient and reliable. I went there because my closest friend had her baby there with a donor egg in her mid 40s. It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible. I have yet to find out how many embryos have made it through PGT, so I will elaborate further once I get the results.
2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed...Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection...
The nursing staff at RMA [New York] were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic...All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. I never had a definitive reason provided why I was not getting pregnant. However, Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed. Every step of the way seemed to be easy with her. One of my main concerns going into RMA was my embryo quality based on my last retrieval. Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection. The ERA showed my lining was receptive but the infection testing was inconclusive. Regardless, I did two weeks of antibiotics to clear anything up. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome. I will always be thankful to her and RMA and will recommend any of my family and friends going through infertility woes to her.
Trust the process but do your research. I started with Dr. Gerber a year after I had been going through IVF treatment so I was familiarized with the process and had a few intuitions of my own as to why it wasn't working. Thankfully, Dr. Gerber took my inquiries seriously and conducted the testing needed to clear them up or rule them out.
Dr. Gerber and her staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and put thought into their responses. They were very warm and encouraging throughout the entire process.
Egg Retrieval (not sure of the exact strategy but I do know it was non-flare) Zymot prior to Embryo creation 2 weeks of Doxycycline for any lining infection 2-3 weeks of Estrogen prior to transfer 7 days of a steroid prior to transfer 5 days of progesterone prior to transfer Baby Aspirin post transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really appreciated the collaborative aspect. All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps.
My Treatment with Dr. Gerber was a little over $15,000. We were off of insurance at this point so it was all out of pocket. This included payment for the egg retrieval, appointments and first transfer.
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Single Embryo Transfer
2020 - 2021, Successful
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand...When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling...He's quick-paced in his appts...But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
the locations [RMA of New York] were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized...I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts...the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand, he made sure to answer my questions and was not too blunt nor too delicate in his delivery, it very much came across as giving the facts and information. I also feel like he was very on top of things - he monitored me closely and made sure to get me in to appts early and frequently rather than let things go, which I appreciated. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling. I felt like w monitoring appts they were very quick. I also think he chose the right doses of meds and timing for my retrieval and transfer - I had friends who had much worse experiences at other places.
He's quick-paced in his appts - appts and monitoring visits, you may feel rushed. But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
During the monitoring appts, I often felt they were "busy", some made me feel like they were "present" but often it was in and out quickly, which made me feel a bit like on a conveyor belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff were very responsive, they called me when they said they would, with instructions and information I needed and wanted. They were always available for questions and would answer what they knew and what they needed to check w the doctor about.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are the locations were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized. The weaknesses were that I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts, I wish I was either more prepared with what to expect w them or they spent not necessarily more time but at least show they are "present" for the appt rather than in and out. I also think the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
My insurance covered appts and labwork and I had copays under $35 for ultrasounds. My insurance covered IUI but not IVF so I paid out of pocket (~$13,000) for IVF retrieval (minus cost of meds - mostly covered by insurance, paid ~$300 for meds) and ~$4,000 for transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.
Jovana Lekovich