Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just minor - this round, I was told by a nurse to start birth control, and that I would be starting stims in mid April. Cut to a few days before I thought this was starting, and I learned from the coordinator that I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the cycle until May. This was mostly due to the fact that I had travel scheduled that could potentially conflict with a retrieval date had I started stims in April. However, I'd communicated this travel with everyone, and the nurse I spoke to earlier said "this won't be a problem." There was just a miscommunication. Not the end of the world for me, but given we pay so much for this service, isn't something I'd be happy to experience again.
NY - Westside

sometimes I felt like my doctor [Dr. Daniel Stein] didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much...prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.

2019, 17 Eggs Frozen
On the day of the surgery he [Dr. Coppernan] was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in...He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him...made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients...My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends...I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there...The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was a phenomenal communicator. He was compassionate, caring and genuine. He was very thorough and always spent as much time as necessary with me to ensure all my questions were answered and all of my concerns were addressed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat when meeting with me from that point forward. He would email me directly to check in on me throughout my cycle. Dr. Copperman was the best part of my visit to RMA NY every time I got to see him. He is so sweet and sincere. His bedside manner was out of this world. He encouraged me throughout my cycle and praised me for my bravery in my decision to preserve my fertility. There is literally no other Reproductive Endocrinologist that I would trust with my fertility other than Dr. Copperman. The choice was easy. He was so sweet to my partner and great with my sister. On the day of the surgery he was kind and calm. I walked into the OR room which could have been a scary intimidating experience but he reassured me and walked me in. The team introduced themselves to me and explained what role they would be playing in my retrieval. He held my hand as they put me under anesthesia. I adore him and am so grateful for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
RMA NY generally is a big, popular clinic that has a high volume of patients. I didn't care about that as long as I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman made me feel like I was the only patient under his care. He was thorough and took the time to explain everything to me in great detail. He spent an hour with me at my consultation answering my questions and reassuring me. He was real and down to earth. He was the best part of my monitoring appointments. He was kind, gentle and mindful of any previous concerns we had discussed. I told him that I had white coat syndrome and he never wore his white coat at any of my appointments following that statement. He was always thorough and never rushed. He is very genuine, caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on 2 vials of Menopur every night with the exception of one night when they dropped it down to 1 vial. I was on 150 IU of Gonal-F that I injected every morning. Towards the end of my cycle, they dropped the Gonal-F to 112.5 IU. The last few days of my cycle I did Gonal-F in the morning and Menopur and Cetrotide at night until my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam Maguire & Jordyn Banks)
My care coordinator, Sam was the most supportive, amazing, incredibly hilarious human being ever. She and I became girlfriends. My nurse coordinator Jordyn was a dream to work with. She was always on top of everything and spent the time to sit with me and explain my protocol as well as provide me with injection instructions and tips. Both Sam and Jordyn went above and beyond for me. They're both my fertility fairy God Mothers.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room could definitely be improved in terms of atmosphere and furniture but don't let that turn you off. Sometimes classical music would be playing today's top hits and I really liked that when it was on. The colors in the waiting room were a little dark and dreary. Sometimes the phlebotomist didn't introduce themselves by name but kindly greeted me as I went back for blood work. My very first visit was a little confusing as I had never been to a monitoring appointment before and didn't know the process / what to expect and I didn't receive instructions from the front desk check in coordinators when you sign in. I think that all new patients that come in for their first monitoring appointment should be told what to expect and what the process entails (sign your name on the sticker with your doctors name, sit in the waiting room until your name is called by a nurse, go back and get your blood work done, go back into the waiting room and wait to be called for your ultrasound, following the ultrasound go to the check out desk and formally check out and speak with a billing coordinator.) I had to self navigate my first appointment but after the initial monitoring appointment I got the hang of things in terms of the process. The nurses were always very pleasant. The billing coordinators required retraining in terms of how to speak to patients compassionately during check out. I made RMA NY aware of this immediately and shortly after I provided this feedback the billing coordinator experience improved drastically. At the end of the day, all I cared about was that I was under the care and supervision of Dr. Copperman and his team. Go to your monitoring appointment at 6:50 - 7AM - the early bird gets the worm and there are way less patients there and you get in and get right out!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super convenient. I highly recommend that you go in right when monitoring hours open / start and you'll get right in and out of there. The phlebotomist should be taking the time to explain blood work during your first monitoring appointment so that you understand as I was confused my first appointment. The nurses for my ultrasounds were very nice but I had to tell Dr. Copperman that nurses should always introduce themselves prior to an ultrasound taking place. After I provided that feedback, all the nurses introduced themselves by name prior to my ultrasounds. I wish the waiting room had a better, brighter, more welcoming atmosphere. The doctors I saw on rotation for my monitoring appointments were very nice.
Alan Copperman

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.

2022, Unknown Success
Everything felt personal; from her [Dr. Gerber] relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story...starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm...
The finance coordinator [at RMA of NY] was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions....I requested that the results of my saline ultrasound be sent to my obgyn. I filled out the necessary paperwork to request the documents and made sure my consent was on file. The documents were never sent. When I called to follow up, they said they would call back and never did. However, when I mentioned to Dr. Gerber during my appointment, she personally send the records the next day...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
It was immediately evident that Dr. Gerber was interested in our "story" and the journey my husband and I were taking towards building a family. Everything felt personal; from her relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story. On one occasion, I reached out to the RMA office for records. The office never got back to me and I never received what was requested; when I mentioned this to Dr. Gerber during my next appointment, she personally sent me what I needed the very next day. I have full faith in her expertise as a Dr. and cannot wait for her to guide me through the next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Share your concerns openly. Although I was initially embarrassed to share some of my concerns, I never felt judged and she put my mind at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I will be starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenna McAuliffe)
I have not had too many interactions as of yet. She has sent me the details of my protocol and seems very organized. She has answered all of my questions so far.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The finance coordinator was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions. Regarding the clinic in general, it is sometimes frustrating that there is not a direct phone number to reach the Mount Kisco location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
I have not received a full picture of this yet.

2021 - 2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
RMA is a well-oiled machine - they know what they're doing. Despite being a big practice, it was easy for me to reach my care team and everyone I spoke with throughout the process was calm and helpful...They [nurses] called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I went through what was fortunately a very straightforward egg freezing cycle with Dr. Sekhon. The initial consultation appointment was very thorough, and left me with a clear idea of what to reasonably expect for someone freezing at my age (37). I saw Dr. Sekhon several times during my cycle, and each time, even during very brief monitoring appointments, she expertly balanced the straightforward sharing of information about how the cycle was progressing with empathy and care. I was grateful that she was easy to reach with questions, and honest about both the potential and limitations of the freezing process. Her care and that of her team made a daunting process very manageable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had to book several weeks out for both my initial consultation and follow up appointment, so be prepared for a possible wait. The time in the appointments moves quickly, and there's a lot of information to process - preparing questions beforehand will help you ensure you have all the info you need (and you can also email her if you need to follow up).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon gave a thorough overview of the egg freezing process, and made sure I knew how to reach her and her team with any follow up questions. She responded quickly to my questions, and her team was friendly and easy to reach, which helped make the process very smooth.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had a very straightforward treatment plan for my egg retrieval - Gonal-F and Menopur for 8-9 days, followed by a trigger shot. Dr. Sekhon attenuated the medication after my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was glad to be able to go into the clinic most convenient to my home during monitoring hours - I had to wait about 10 minutes once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal, and once I got in I was finished in under ten minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
The cycle and included appointments was $9,500, the anesthesia for the retrieval was $950, the medications were approximately $5,500.
Lucky Sekhon

2021 - 2022, Successful
As difficult as the process is, she [Dr. Thornton] always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic.
[RMA of New York] is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I would highly recommend Dr. Thornton and had a really positive experience going through IVF under her care. As difficult as the process is, she always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic. She is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor, very kind with great bedside manner, and I truly trusted her opinion and recommendations. I can't recommend her enough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was always available to answer my questions and usually responded within a few hours. I truly trusted her advice and she always eased any concerns I had throughout the IVF process, and she treated me with patience and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses and my coordinator were great. Always very responsive and would call back very quickly if I had questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were really easy. I was usually in and out of the office within 30 minutes. I was always able to schedule the time that I wanted, which made it easy to manage before work.
Kimberley Thornton
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser is straightforward and kind. For some, the stress and trauma of infertility may require a more sugar-coated approach but for me his style allowed me to feel supported, informed, and that I was in charge of my fertility and decisions. He was compassionate about my medical history and gave guidance that was truthful but addressed my specific concerns. I felt I could ask him anything and get a high quality, honest, well intentioned answer...
The office [RMA of New York] is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer...All the nurses at RMA are kind, helpful and supportive. They are your cheerleaders! Leyla in particular goes above and beyond to make her patients feel in control and provides comfort during what can be an otherwise isolating time...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not mistake his honest and straightforward nature for a lack of kindness or compassion. He is brilliant and an excellent resource.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser helped me evaluate my options with regard to using embryos from a prior retrieval vs natural pregnancy. He was straightforward and kind and supported my decision to try naturally.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had frozen embryos from a previous cycle w Dr. grunfeld (retired in 2020). I came back to RMA to understand how IVF worked when you already had embryos and to evaluate my options. After a few cycles of trying on my own, Dr. Flisser allowed me to continue a natural cycle but with monitoring which helped me feel comforted that I wasn’t wasting my time and ultimately yielded a (so far) successful natural pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer. You are in good hands!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
I was lucky to have my treatments mostly covered by my insurance but they are very good about confirming insurance upfront and making you aware of any potential costs.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Jackson-Bey is both a wonderful doctor and person. She never made me and my husband feel rushed and took the time to answer questions and speak to us, even after hours. Her bedside manner is exactly what I want in a doctor, she keeps it real yet hopeful, is confident and kind...I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay...I like and recommend RMA. I appreciate the flexibility in monitoring hours and locations and I liked that I got a chance to meet most of the doctors there since you never know who you'll get on procedure days. Most doctors have great bedside manner and a few seem too busy for questions but I don't blame them, monitoring mornings get busy.
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
I have nothing but good things to say. In fact my husband and I wish she could be our GP. She is really good at explaining what's happening, makes time for questions and is responsive. I never felt rushed, pressured, or like I wasn't receiving the best advice. I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case. Truly a gifted physician and gem of a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Bring a notebook and be prepared to take lots of notes. There's no such thing as a bad question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval 1: antagonist protocol. I was a slow responder and stimmed for 14 days. I have slightly low amh and only had 5 eggs retrieved. one made it to blast and came back low mosaic. We changed my protocol for the second retrieval and did the microflare protocol with estrogen priming. I ended up with 6 eggs and 4 blasts. Three came back PGT normal. in between retrievals I had to have a laproscopic hysteroscopy to remove uterine adhesions and fix additional scarring/issues at the fundus. I had my FET two months after my second retrieval and three months after surgery. It was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy Arnerich-Hatch)
So sweet and so responsive. Lucy is great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay. Most of our IVF was paid for out of pocket.
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Will only transfer one embryo at a time. She outlined her reasons and we were on board.
Tia Jackson-Bey

2019 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. Lederman] told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner.
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion...Sometimes the White Plains office can get very busy. Fridays especially. Request early appointment times if you can, as those seemed to have the shortest wait. Other than that, the staff kept everything moving efficiently.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first met with Dr. Lederman, I explained my symptoms and shortly thereafter we went into another room to look at my ovaries on ultrasound. Immediately, he told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner. I really felt like he was always on my team, and routing for our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is trying to find the right protocol for your body. Everyone is different and one protocol will not produce the same results for two different people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman always remembered my case when he saw me during treatments. He was always so kind and personable, and so empathetic when we didn’t get results we were looking for.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols, but the one that worked for me was estrogen priming (patches). This produced the most amount of follicles for me, and resulted in two PGS normal embryos. Previously we had used birth control before cycle starts but that seemed to suppress me too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shakira - nurse for bloods. Andrea - coordinator )
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion. She and Audrey are the sweetest.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most treatments for us other than anesthesia and embryo testing.
Matthew Lederman

2021, Successful
Dr Mukherjee is extremely competent, transmits a lot of confidence and he is also very straight-forward, which I appreciated. He is definitely busy but will take the time to listen and answer your questions when you need him...advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense...he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested...
RMA is a well-oiled machine - very efficient, always on time, quick to respond It can feel impersonal because they do see many many women everyday and monitoring room is crowded but I believe the more women they see, the more data they have, the more studies they can perform, etc.... So it can be seen as impersonal but I believe is a very good clinic with the best standard of care...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Trust him, he will give you advice with your best interest in mind. That said, advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense. One example: I did 2 IUIs that failed and normally 3 are recommended before you go to IVF. I asked him to skip the 3rd one and move on to IVF and he was very open to accept it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee and RMA are obviously very busy....RMA is a well-oiled machine so in everyday appointments there is not much time to chat...but if you have questions and need them at any point then the Dr. will make time for you, answer all questions and listen to you.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
2 IUIs + Clomid and then IVF (with genetic testing, freeze all)
I talked to 2 nurses - Clara and Marisa....they were responsive and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered most of it but all-in I had ~6k of co-pays for 1 IVF cycle and 2k for genetic testing
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested - I believe this is 100% the right approach

2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time..
Monitoring appts [at RMA of NY] were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen...$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle...Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time. Couldn’t recommend her more.
Ask all of the questions you have and voice any things you’re hesitant about, she’ll provide all of the information you need.
Dr. Gerber was very thorough and individualized our meetings based on my challenges and concerns.
Was diagnosed with PCOS in the early stages of egg freezing as I did not have a menstrual cycle. Began oral medications to produce a cycle, which was not initially planned. Then did injectable medications once the cycle began for nearly three weeks (“low and slow”) due to PCOS. had daily bloodwork and ultrasounds for nearly the last week again due to PCOS and high risk for hyper stimulation syndrome. Ended up with a very large number of viable eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The care coordinator did not play a major role as I did not hear from her much through the cycle, only at the onset for paperwork. Was not assigned a primary nurse. The nurse I met with for patient education regarding administering injections was inpatient and not thorough. Seemed easily annoyed by my questions and because I hadn’t been “pre scheduled” to meet with her. The ultrasound technicians were always very kind. When I had doctors who were not Dr. Gerber (as she was not present for every monitoring appointment), they were also nice though not as informative as my primary doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - primary doctor was amazing. Ultrasound techs are also great. Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be. Provider gave me donor medications because my insurance would not cover costs. Weaknesses - did not see primary doctor for many monitoring appointments and had a different doctor for the actual retrieval. Limited assistance from nurse and patient coordinator. Only select locations open for weekend monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen.
$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle. None were covered by my insurance.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of cycle, the coordinator forgot to send in certain requests for testing and I had to come back for follow up appointments.
2021, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring...
RMA is efficient and reliable...It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler was the doctor who did my egg retrieval - he was not the doctor I initially met. I was initially nervous about not being able to select a doctor for my retrieval, but I realize at RMA, it doesn't matter who you meet initially because you will be working with the entire team. Some people are uncomfortable with this. Once I understood that this was the case, I didn't mind. I felt confident that the team was reliable. I also understood that the purpose of going to a clinic like this, is to try and get the maximum efforts for fertility - hence the initial doctor I met also suggested an embryo freeze to IVF as opposed to simple egg retrieval due to my age and circumstances. I was nervous going into the procedure, as I had never gone under anesthesia (which only lasted 30 minutes). Dr. Sandler came in quickly, introduced himself, promised he would retrieve as many eggs as possible, and got more eggs than were part of any of my monitoring. While I have yet to confirm the number of embryos we have after PGT, I believe he did exceptional for what was needed. I also did not bleed or spot at all after the egg retrieval and recovered completely in 24 hours. I do think this was a result of his excellent and fast care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Disregard the negative reviews - Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring. That being said, the efficiency of all of the nurses and doctors made them a good team. If you feel you need bedside manner or ask more questions, you need to speak up and ask for it. I felt I needed more at several times and so I made them set up additional meetings with doctors and nurses when I felt I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I did not like my coordinator - she was too inexperienced and tried to rush me into the procedure before she went on vacation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is efficient and reliable. I went there because my closest friend had her baby there with a donor egg in her mid 40s. It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible. I have yet to find out how many embryos have made it through PGT, so I will elaborate further once I get the results.
Benjamin Sandler
2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed...Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection...
The nursing staff at RMA [New York] were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic...All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. I never had a definitive reason provided why I was not getting pregnant. However, Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed. Every step of the way seemed to be easy with her. One of my main concerns going into RMA was my embryo quality based on my last retrieval. Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection. The ERA showed my lining was receptive but the infection testing was inconclusive. Regardless, I did two weeks of antibiotics to clear anything up. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome. I will always be thankful to her and RMA and will recommend any of my family and friends going through infertility woes to her.
Trust the process but do your research. I started with Dr. Gerber a year after I had been going through IVF treatment so I was familiarized with the process and had a few intuitions of my own as to why it wasn't working. Thankfully, Dr. Gerber took my inquiries seriously and conducted the testing needed to clear them up or rule them out.
Dr. Gerber and her staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and put thought into their responses. They were very warm and encouraging throughout the entire process.
Egg Retrieval (not sure of the exact strategy but I do know it was non-flare) Zymot prior to Embryo creation 2 weeks of Doxycycline for any lining infection 2-3 weeks of Estrogen prior to transfer 7 days of a steroid prior to transfer 5 days of progesterone prior to transfer Baby Aspirin post transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really appreciated the collaborative aspect. All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps.
My Treatment with Dr. Gerber was a little over $15,000. We were off of insurance at this point so it was all out of pocket. This included payment for the egg retrieval, appointments and first transfer.
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Single Embryo Transfer
2020 - 2021, Successful
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand...When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling...He's quick-paced in his appts...But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
the locations [RMA of New York] were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized...I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts...the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand, he made sure to answer my questions and was not too blunt nor too delicate in his delivery, it very much came across as giving the facts and information. I also feel like he was very on top of things - he monitored me closely and made sure to get me in to appts early and frequently rather than let things go, which I appreciated. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling. I felt like w monitoring appts they were very quick. I also think he chose the right doses of meds and timing for my retrieval and transfer - I had friends who had much worse experiences at other places.
He's quick-paced in his appts - appts and monitoring visits, you may feel rushed. But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
During the monitoring appts, I often felt they were "busy", some made me feel like they were "present" but often it was in and out quickly, which made me feel a bit like on a conveyor belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff were very responsive, they called me when they said they would, with instructions and information I needed and wanted. They were always available for questions and would answer what they knew and what they needed to check w the doctor about.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are the locations were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized. The weaknesses were that I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts, I wish I was either more prepared with what to expect w them or they spent not necessarily more time but at least show they are "present" for the appt rather than in and out. I also think the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
My insurance covered appts and labwork and I had copays under $35 for ultrasounds. My insurance covered IUI but not IVF so I paid out of pocket (~$13,000) for IVF retrieval (minus cost of meds - mostly covered by insurance, paid ~$300 for meds) and ~$4,000 for transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me
NY - Eastside

Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be...Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child...he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended..
IVF retrieval process [at RMA of NY] was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs...It was a very well-oiled machine and they worked as quickly as possible to get patients in and out. I learned quickly that Mondays and Fridays were the busiest days in the West Side office so to leave myself more time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Strengths: Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child. He is goal orientated - his goal is to get you to a point of a healthy full term pregnancy as best as he can and he is very persistent about reminding you about that when setbacks or disappointments occur because he is laser focused on that. Extremely goal orientated. Weakness - he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended because it truly is coming from a good place and a place of caring to get you to the finish line.
Don't have expectations of every morning monitoring you will see him as the doctors are on rotation, but they are all lovely. Also, Dr. Stein is straightforward, which means he wont sugar coat things, just know that he is trying his best to get you to the finish line, a healthy pregnancy.
Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be. I had to learn that morning monitoring hours were not the time and place to ask detailed questions since he had many people to see, but he was happy to speak with me afterwards or at an appointment in grave detail as I am someone who wanted to know everything and feel educated about this process.
We started with PCOS panel as their is a history in my family, then after those results, got on thyroid medication and did my first IUI since nothing else was of concern based on blood work that came back. First IUI resulted in a miscarriage. Then further aggressive testing was performed because that was of concern and they found blood clotting issue as well as a polyp was found in uterus. I was given a recommendation from Dr. Stein to see a hematologist and had surgery to remove polyp. Had two more IUIs which failed and then moved to IVF. Overall things were showing up as unexplained secondary infertility and recurring pregnancy loss so IVF was the next best step to get me towards a healthy pregnancy. I had a retrieval of 14 eggs, 10 made it past day one and shockingly only 2 were ended up viable to send to the lab for genetic testing. If I were to do another retrieval the nurses from RMA shared with me that Dr. Stein would change my medications to help in increasing the amount of eggs they could extract since I had such a steep drop in eggs that made it through the first week. I am now waiting to do my first embryo transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had one nurse that I clicked with so I would ask to speak with her when I could and when she was in. The other nurses were wonderful as well and only once did a I have a nurse call me and I realized she didn't read through my file well enough before calling me. Otherwise, they were really so wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: Incredibly organized, attention to detail and ALWAYS trying their best to make you feel important and like a human and not another infertility case. Weakness: I don't know if this is really a weakness, but I remembered when I first started to go and it hit me like a ton of bricks how many men and women are seeing a fertility doctor and I wasn't alone, but at the same time I was still working through my shame of being there and ran into people that I didn't want them to know I was there. The west side office is smaller which I really preferred over the east side because it was more intimate and personal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was so much especially because my insurance is not that great, coverage is super minimal. IVF retrieval process was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs.
NY - Westside

Dr Stein took time to speak with us at our initial consultation and explain all options and then again at the follow up before moving to ivf. He doesn’t speak to you at each step and you won’t see him unless there is a specific reason. I did sometimes feel a bit like a number and my main communication is though the nurses and coordinator...He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready.
[RMA of NY is] Organized, efficient many locations, nice staff. The financial coordinators are hit or miss but I can tell they care and are responsive. They also seem to be reasonablely priced comparatively. My insurance had a 10k cap that I which I would have know about prior to all the medicated rounds, which the coordinators didn’t inform me about...[our assigned nurse] was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein has many years of clinical experience and I felt in good hands. He’s to the point and let’s you know what he thinks the best treatment is and chances and has been very optimistic with us even when things clearly were not going as we hoped. I went through 3 rounds of letrozol then 2 rounds of clomid and iui. He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready. When we did decide to move to ivf I did gonal f- menapure, and another drug for ~9 days as I had tons of follicles before retrieval. Dr Klein I believe did my retrieval (this is dependent on timing) and got 40+ eggs, 36 fertilized, 26 to day 5, and resulted in 18 genetically normal embryos . We had to wait a month or so as the clinic was closed over the holiday which was a bit annoying prior to starting the transfer cycle. When we did start he found that I had a bacterial infection - endometris which I guess is somewhat common. I did the first round of antibiotics which didn’t work, did another biopsy and then a 2nd round of antibiotics - which were brutal and both made me pretty sick. They don’t test again after the second round which I sorta wish they would. So that were we are for the past few months, covid hit during this time which obviously is delaying timing.
If your expecting hand holding every step of the way this isn’t the doctor you.
Ivf agonist protocol - 9 days, had many follicles - retrieved 40+ eggs, resulting in 18 day 5 embryos ( genetically tested)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza )
Eliza was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was pretty easy and I would go to the Brooklyn office.
My insurance capes at 10k. Costs for the 5 medicated rounds I paid copays and medication cost ~ 500, ivf paid another 8k which included genetic testing (paid 3k for 26 Embyos tested, 3.5k for each transfer, additional cost for blood work and biopsy’s ~ 2k
ESet - clinic does not seem to offer double transfers
Lost husbands paperwork
NY - Westside

I did 3 IUIs [with Dr. Lekovich] using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF...She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient...She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on...Two nurses told me different things about choosing a sperm donor. One nurse made me feel that I should definitely change my donor while the other said it was fine...Each IUI was around $300...The main problem is just that I wish they were open for more hours in the day! They only do many procedures between 9am and 12:30 which isn't always convenient. The nurses always call back when I call. I have gotten some conflicting information from some nurses, but they quickly cleared up their miscommunication.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich explains everything that is going to happen in detail. She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change for multiples. She is very direct and clear. She does not coddle or spend a lot of time on letting her patients feel bad and disappointed. She just moves on to the next step in the plan, which i appreciate but may bot be for everyone. for my actual IUIs, she only performed one and other doctors did the other two. I would have preferred that she be able to do all of them, but the other doctors were equally qualified and kind.
Ask a lot of questions! She will explain them. Make a list for every meeting.
Dr. Lekovich and everyone who works at RMA is extremely kind and warm. She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient.
I did 3 IUIs using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on that cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Each IUI was around $300.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments...now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant...She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world...guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live...Estephany [our IVF Coordinator] was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments. My ability to overcome this complicated illness is due to her help and guidance. She encouraged me to continue and now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant. She is very thorough and compassionate. She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them. She had a great sense of humor, always listened to me, and she had a positive outlook on my treatment. She was very thorough during the treatment making sure that we did everything we needed to succeed. I followed her advice and now I am pregnant with my first child.
Make an appointment and then let her walk you through how to succeed in your treatment. You can be open with her about any issues that you think are hindering you from having children, and she will work with you closely to solve them.
Dr. Lekovich made me feel very comfortable from the start of our treatment, especially the IVF Treatment. She helped me to overcome Vaginismus so that I would be able to do treatments. It was her recommendations that allowed me to overcome this terrible illness and put me in the position to start treatment and success. She also always listened to me and our partner. Her and her staff were very detail oriented and very knowledgeable and focused on my treatment. She showed me that she understood my situation and she gave me hope that I would get pregnant. She was very detailed in the IVF Treatment, making sure that she made the proper changes during treatment so that we would succeed. Her support, encouragement, her sense of humor, her knowledge, skills, and her big heart were all very evident. I was blessed to have her as my doctor.
IVF has two parts, an egg retrieval part in which as many eggs as possible are retrieved, and a Transfer part in which the Embryo is transferred into a woman's uterus. During the egg retrieval part of my treatment, I went for monitoring every day, and based on my blood levels and ultrasounds, Dr. Lekovich would make the necessary changes to the doses in my treatment. During the transfer stage, I had to go to monitoring a few times a week. Dr. Lekovich made sure to do everything possible to get optimal results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Our IVF Coordinator was Estephany Jimenez. Estephany was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world. Dr. Lekovich's guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live. The clinic is very thorough about your treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has many offices, we did our monitoring in Long Island, which was closer to us.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich's approach with regard to the amount of embryos transferred is based on a model that RMA follows. Since my wife was young, she only put in one embryo for the transfer.
Brooklyn

Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc...[he] did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
The [RMA of NY] clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well...I had insurance and paid about $4000 out of pocket to reach out of pocket max and deductible...[nurses are] Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc. I would recommend him to others and I plan to have additional treatments with him as my doctor.
Have all of your questions ready to ask and be comfortable asking them. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Flisser’s team of nurses for assistance as well.
Dr. Flisser has been great each time I met with him - clear, understanding and compassionate. He knows what he’s doing for sure. RMA has a team approach so he wasn’t the doctor doing my embryo transfer. I understood that would be the case but I wasn’t comfortable with the doc that did the transfer as he voiced his opinion on genetic testing right before the transfer (and his opinion differed from Dr. Flisser’s which made me uncomfortable in my choice not to do testing).
Dr. Flisser did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great! Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient and very well run always.
Given that the embryos weren’t blasocyst it made sense to transfer 2.

2016 - 2020, Successful
[Dr.Eric Flisser] looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation...the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos.
after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth...The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched...Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I am so thankful for having switched clinics to see Dr. Flisser. I wasted my time and money on 2 IVF cycles at a previous (also well-known) clinic. From the first day I stepped into Dr. Flisser's office, I felt comfortable. He was the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos. Dr. Flisser is a genius. He looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation. He always had answers that made sense and was always available to speak over the phone or email. I couldn't be more thankful for Dr. Flisser. He is the reason that my husband and I have our children!
Don't walk, RUN! Eric Flisser is a superhero of the infertility world.
I've had experience at multiple fertility clinics. Most often, these clinics can be compared to factories. But the truth is, after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth. Some might view this like a factory but I view it like an efficient machine that wastes no time. Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
Egg Retrieval using a Menopur-only protocol with lupron trigger. Dr. Flisser explained that my history of secondary amenorrhea may have resulted in "faulty" LH/FSH hormones and thus a Menopur cycle was a good option. We also did a freeze-all cycle for PGS-testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
Very communicative and available via email and phone when needed. No complaints!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is factory and this is a GOOD thing! It is a well-oiled machine! The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched. If you're looking for efficiency and answers then RMA is the place. You will not waste your time here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Very efficient. No complaints.
$30,000 IVF cycle
Given my young age and the quality of our embryos, Dr. Flisser was confident in transferring just 1 embryo. We trusted his expertise with this decision and are thankful for listening to him.

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications