Natan Bar-Chama

200 West 57th St
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed...Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection...
The nursing staff at RMA [New York] were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic...All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. I never had a definitive reason provided why I was not getting pregnant. However, Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed. Every step of the way seemed to be easy with her. One of my main concerns going into RMA was my embryo quality based on my last retrieval. Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection. The ERA showed my lining was receptive but the infection testing was inconclusive. Regardless, I did two weeks of antibiotics to clear anything up. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome. I will always be thankful to her and RMA and will recommend any of my family and friends going through infertility woes to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Trust the process but do your research. I started with Dr. Gerber a year after I had been going through IVF treatment so I was familiarized with the process and had a few intuitions of my own as to why it wasn't working. Thankfully, Dr. Gerber took my inquiries seriously and conducted the testing needed to clear them up or rule them out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber and her staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and put thought into their responses. They were very warm and encouraging throughout the entire process.
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval (not sure of the exact strategy but I do know it was non-flare) Zymot prior to Embryo creation 2 weeks of Doxycycline for any lining infection 2-3 weeks of Estrogen prior to transfer 7 days of a steroid prior to transfer 5 days of progesterone prior to transfer Baby Aspirin post transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really appreciated the collaborative aspect. All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
My Treatment with Dr. Gerber was a little over $15,000. We were off of insurance at this point so it was all out of pocket. This included payment for the egg retrieval, appointments and first transfer.
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Single Embryo Transfer
2020 - 2021, Successful
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand...When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling...He's quick-paced in his appts...But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
the locations [RMA of New York] were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized...I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts...the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand, he made sure to answer my questions and was not too blunt nor too delicate in his delivery, it very much came across as giving the facts and information. I also feel like he was very on top of things - he monitored me closely and made sure to get me in to appts early and frequently rather than let things go, which I appreciated. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling. I felt like w monitoring appts they were very quick. I also think he chose the right doses of meds and timing for my retrieval and transfer - I had friends who had much worse experiences at other places.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He's quick-paced in his appts - appts and monitoring visits, you may feel rushed. But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
During the monitoring appts, I often felt they were "busy", some made me feel like they were "present" but often it was in and out quickly, which made me feel a bit like on a conveyor belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff were very responsive, they called me when they said they would, with instructions and information I needed and wanted. They were always available for questions and would answer what they knew and what they needed to check w the doctor about.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are the locations were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized. The weaknesses were that I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts, I wish I was either more prepared with what to expect w them or they spent not necessarily more time but at least show they are "present" for the appt rather than in and out. I also think the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered appts and labwork and I had copays under $35 for ultrasounds. My insurance covered IUI but not IVF so I paid out of pocket (~$13,000) for IVF retrieval (minus cost of meds - mostly covered by insurance, paid ~$300 for meds) and ~$4,000 for transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me
NY - Eastside

Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be...Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child...he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended..
IVF retrieval process [at RMA of NY] was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs...It was a very well-oiled machine and they worked as quickly as possible to get patients in and out. I learned quickly that Mondays and Fridays were the busiest days in the West Side office so to leave myself more time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Strengths: Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child. He is goal orientated - his goal is to get you to a point of a healthy full term pregnancy as best as he can and he is very persistent about reminding you about that when setbacks or disappointments occur because he is laser focused on that. Extremely goal orientated. Weakness - he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended because it truly is coming from a good place and a place of caring to get you to the finish line.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Don't have expectations of every morning monitoring you will see him as the doctors are on rotation, but they are all lovely. Also, Dr. Stein is straightforward, which means he wont sugar coat things, just know that he is trying his best to get you to the finish line, a healthy pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be. I had to learn that morning monitoring hours were not the time and place to ask detailed questions since he had many people to see, but he was happy to speak with me afterwards or at an appointment in grave detail as I am someone who wanted to know everything and feel educated about this process.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with PCOS panel as their is a history in my family, then after those results, got on thyroid medication and did my first IUI since nothing else was of concern based on blood work that came back. First IUI resulted in a miscarriage. Then further aggressive testing was performed because that was of concern and they found blood clotting issue as well as a polyp was found in uterus. I was given a recommendation from Dr. Stein to see a hematologist and had surgery to remove polyp. Had two more IUIs which failed and then moved to IVF. Overall things were showing up as unexplained secondary infertility and recurring pregnancy loss so IVF was the next best step to get me towards a healthy pregnancy. I had a retrieval of 14 eggs, 10 made it past day one and shockingly only 2 were ended up viable to send to the lab for genetic testing. If I were to do another retrieval the nurses from RMA shared with me that Dr. Stein would change my medications to help in increasing the amount of eggs they could extract since I had such a steep drop in eggs that made it through the first week. I am now waiting to do my first embryo transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had one nurse that I clicked with so I would ask to speak with her when I could and when she was in. The other nurses were wonderful as well and only once did a I have a nurse call me and I realized she didn't read through my file well enough before calling me. Otherwise, they were really so wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: Incredibly organized, attention to detail and ALWAYS trying their best to make you feel important and like a human and not another infertility case. Weakness: I don't know if this is really a weakness, but I remembered when I first started to go and it hit me like a ton of bricks how many men and women are seeing a fertility doctor and I wasn't alone, but at the same time I was still working through my shame of being there and ran into people that I didn't want them to know I was there. The west side office is smaller which I really preferred over the east side because it was more intimate and personal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
It was so much especially because my insurance is not that great, coverage is super minimal. IVF retrieval process was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
NY - Westside

Dr Stein took time to speak with us at our initial consultation and explain all options and then again at the follow up before moving to ivf. He doesn’t speak to you at each step and you won’t see him unless there is a specific reason. I did sometimes feel a bit like a number and my main communication is though the nurses and coordinator...He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready.
[RMA of NY is] Organized, efficient many locations, nice staff. The financial coordinators are hit or miss but I can tell they care and are responsive. They also seem to be reasonablely priced comparatively. My insurance had a 10k cap that I which I would have know about prior to all the medicated rounds, which the coordinators didn’t inform me about...[our assigned nurse] was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein has many years of clinical experience and I felt in good hands. He’s to the point and let’s you know what he thinks the best treatment is and chances and has been very optimistic with us even when things clearly were not going as we hoped. I went through 3 rounds of letrozol then 2 rounds of clomid and iui. He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready. When we did decide to move to ivf I did gonal f- menapure, and another drug for ~9 days as I had tons of follicles before retrieval. Dr Klein I believe did my retrieval (this is dependent on timing) and got 40+ eggs, 36 fertilized, 26 to day 5, and resulted in 18 genetically normal embryos . We had to wait a month or so as the clinic was closed over the holiday which was a bit annoying prior to starting the transfer cycle. When we did start he found that I had a bacterial infection - endometris which I guess is somewhat common. I did the first round of antibiotics which didn’t work, did another biopsy and then a 2nd round of antibiotics - which were brutal and both made me pretty sick. They don’t test again after the second round which I sorta wish they would. So that were we are for the past few months, covid hit during this time which obviously is delaying timing.
If your expecting hand holding every step of the way this isn’t the doctor you.
Ivf agonist protocol - 9 days, had many follicles - retrieved 40+ eggs, resulting in 18 day 5 embryos ( genetically tested)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza )
Eliza was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was pretty easy and I would go to the Brooklyn office.
My insurance capes at 10k. Costs for the 5 medicated rounds I paid copays and medication cost ~ 500, ivf paid another 8k which included genetic testing (paid 3k for 26 Embyos tested, 3.5k for each transfer, additional cost for blood work and biopsy’s ~ 2k
ESet - clinic does not seem to offer double transfers
Lost husbands paperwork
NY - Westside

I did 3 IUIs [with Dr. Lekovich] using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF...She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient...She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on...Two nurses told me different things about choosing a sperm donor. One nurse made me feel that I should definitely change my donor while the other said it was fine...Each IUI was around $300...The main problem is just that I wish they were open for more hours in the day! They only do many procedures between 9am and 12:30 which isn't always convenient. The nurses always call back when I call. I have gotten some conflicting information from some nurses, but they quickly cleared up their miscommunication.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich explains everything that is going to happen in detail. She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change for multiples. She is very direct and clear. She does not coddle or spend a lot of time on letting her patients feel bad and disappointed. She just moves on to the next step in the plan, which i appreciate but may bot be for everyone. for my actual IUIs, she only performed one and other doctors did the other two. I would have preferred that she be able to do all of them, but the other doctors were equally qualified and kind.
Ask a lot of questions! She will explain them. Make a list for every meeting.
Dr. Lekovich and everyone who works at RMA is extremely kind and warm. She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient.
I did 3 IUIs using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on that cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Each IUI was around $300.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments...now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant...She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world...guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live...Estephany [our IVF Coordinator] was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments. My ability to overcome this complicated illness is due to her help and guidance. She encouraged me to continue and now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant. She is very thorough and compassionate. She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them. She had a great sense of humor, always listened to me, and she had a positive outlook on my treatment. She was very thorough during the treatment making sure that we did everything we needed to succeed. I followed her advice and now I am pregnant with my first child.
Make an appointment and then let her walk you through how to succeed in your treatment. You can be open with her about any issues that you think are hindering you from having children, and she will work with you closely to solve them.
Dr. Lekovich made me feel very comfortable from the start of our treatment, especially the IVF Treatment. She helped me to overcome Vaginismus so that I would be able to do treatments. It was her recommendations that allowed me to overcome this terrible illness and put me in the position to start treatment and success. She also always listened to me and our partner. Her and her staff were very detail oriented and very knowledgeable and focused on my treatment. She showed me that she understood my situation and she gave me hope that I would get pregnant. She was very detailed in the IVF Treatment, making sure that she made the proper changes during treatment so that we would succeed. Her support, encouragement, her sense of humor, her knowledge, skills, and her big heart were all very evident. I was blessed to have her as my doctor.
IVF has two parts, an egg retrieval part in which as many eggs as possible are retrieved, and a Transfer part in which the Embryo is transferred into a woman's uterus. During the egg retrieval part of my treatment, I went for monitoring every day, and based on my blood levels and ultrasounds, Dr. Lekovich would make the necessary changes to the doses in my treatment. During the transfer stage, I had to go to monitoring a few times a week. Dr. Lekovich made sure to do everything possible to get optimal results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Our IVF Coordinator was Estephany Jimenez. Estephany was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world. Dr. Lekovich's guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live. The clinic is very thorough about your treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has many offices, we did our monitoring in Long Island, which was closer to us.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich's approach with regard to the amount of embryos transferred is based on a model that RMA follows. Since my wife was young, she only put in one embryo for the transfer.
Brooklyn

Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc...[he] did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
The [RMA of NY] clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well...I had insurance and paid about $4000 out of pocket to reach out of pocket max and deductible...[nurses are] Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc. I would recommend him to others and I plan to have additional treatments with him as my doctor.
Have all of your questions ready to ask and be comfortable asking them. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Flisser’s team of nurses for assistance as well.
Dr. Flisser has been great each time I met with him - clear, understanding and compassionate. He knows what he’s doing for sure. RMA has a team approach so he wasn’t the doctor doing my embryo transfer. I understood that would be the case but I wasn’t comfortable with the doc that did the transfer as he voiced his opinion on genetic testing right before the transfer (and his opinion differed from Dr. Flisser’s which made me uncomfortable in my choice not to do testing).
Dr. Flisser did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great! Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient and very well run always.
Given that the embryos weren’t blasocyst it made sense to transfer 2.

2016 - 2020, Successful
[Dr.Eric Flisser] looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation...the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos.
after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth...The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched...Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I am so thankful for having switched clinics to see Dr. Flisser. I wasted my time and money on 2 IVF cycles at a previous (also well-known) clinic. From the first day I stepped into Dr. Flisser's office, I felt comfortable. He was the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos. Dr. Flisser is a genius. He looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation. He always had answers that made sense and was always available to speak over the phone or email. I couldn't be more thankful for Dr. Flisser. He is the reason that my husband and I have our children!
Don't walk, RUN! Eric Flisser is a superhero of the infertility world.
I've had experience at multiple fertility clinics. Most often, these clinics can be compared to factories. But the truth is, after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth. Some might view this like a factory but I view it like an efficient machine that wastes no time. Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
Egg Retrieval using a Menopur-only protocol with lupron trigger. Dr. Flisser explained that my history of secondary amenorrhea may have resulted in "faulty" LH/FSH hormones and thus a Menopur cycle was a good option. We also did a freeze-all cycle for PGS-testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
Very communicative and available via email and phone when needed. No complaints!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is factory and this is a GOOD thing! It is a well-oiled machine! The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched. If you're looking for efficiency and answers then RMA is the place. You will not waste your time here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Very efficient. No complaints.
$30,000 IVF cycle
Given my young age and the quality of our embryos, Dr. Flisser was confident in transferring just 1 embryo. We trusted his expertise with this decision and are thankful for listening to him.

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications
Taraneh Nazem
NY - Eastside

We like that Dr. Sekhon took the time to get to know us, our goals, problems, frustrations, etc. She took the time to explain everything to us and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. I think she genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to speak with us on multiple occasions during off hours...We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
Our primary nurse [at RMA of New York] was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great...Monitoring hours was our least favorite part of the experience with RMA. You could end up waiting up to 30 minutes and you are not sure what doctor you are going to see. They have so many patients that sometimes you feel like the doctor is a bit rushed. They also only have so much time to review your chart prior to coming into the room. The nursing staff and team that drew blood were incredible. Dr. Sekhon always let us know when she was going to be available for monitoring hours so we could see her. We always preferred that.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely empathetic and patient. She took extra time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable every step of the way. We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I would advise not to hold back any questions you have. Even if you think its a silly or unnecessary question, you should still ask. Dr. Sekhon is happy to take the time to make sure you understand everything and are comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. We did 2 cycles of timed intercourse. Dr. Sekhon quickly determined that I had a hormone and that timed intercourse / IUI would not work. She recommended IVF. We did 9 days of hormone injections prior to the egg retrieval which resulted in 39 eggs. We ultimately got 15 healthy and genetically tested embryos. We successfully got pregnant on the 1st embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Our primary nurse was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The thing that stood out to us is how large of a clinic this was. The positive part about this is that they obviously have great experience. Dr. Sekhon mentioned to us that whenever they are reviewing test results, discussing medication plans, etc. - multiple doctors are looking at it and coming to a decision as a team. The negative part about the size of the clinic is something you feel like the specifics of your fertility issue might get a little lost in the shuffle. For example, we had certain coordinators or nurses call us that didn't really know much about our situation, which could be frustrating at times. We'd just recommend that any new patient be an advocate for themselves. If you don't feel comfortable any point just get in touch with your specific doctor or nurse as needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
All in we spent approximately $15,000-$17,000 including everything.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Mukherjee was always available to answer questions and even answered emails when [OutOfOffice]...He called me personally after failed clomid rounds and made sure i knew what the plan was and reassured me...He was always transparent and shared statistics based on my specific situation...I did not realize that I wouldn't see my specific doctor during every monitoring appt but I didn't mind..
The Nursing staff was incredibly helpful answering many email questions and clarifications along the way. They helped me resolve pharmacy issues and always made sure I was on track with monitoring etc...Prior to going to RMA i read that it can be a bit of a 'factory'. I would agree in that it's very efficient but i feel like i was treated like a person and that the doctors really did take their time with me during my appointments
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was always available to answer questions and even answered emails when OOO. He called me personally after failed clomid rounds and made sure i knew what the plan was and reassured me. He also did not push too far ahead and never pushed a more invasive treatment on me. He was always transparent and shared statistics based on my specific situation. I felt at ease knowing he was managing this. As a patient, I do thing is important to do a little homework and ask questions. I always came to appointments with questions and i felt that helped me get the most out of each visit.
Come with questions. If you're nervous, write them down. Dr. Mukherjee is a wealth of knowledge but you need to ask the questions. Ask about statistics as well. I would get wrapped up in google often and Dr. Mukherjee was always able to give more precise guidance based on my blood results and ultrasounds.
I had a great experience with Dr. Mukherjee. He and his team of nurses were extremely compassionate and diligent in making sure everything was on track each cycle. Dr. Mukherjee personally called me after failed clomid rounds to reassure me, discuss next steps and answered any questions i had. His nurses were also tremendous in answering questions almost instantly and calling in prescriptions to multiple pharmacies when my primary pharmacy messed up the prescription.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of clomid and my body responded fairly well producing folicles. 2 of the cycles we triggered ovulation and one we missed because I ovulated early. Three rounds of clomid yielded no pregnancies. We moved on to Letrozole paired with IUI and that worked! If it hadn't, we would have done Letrozole with IUI 1-2 more times before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Clara)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Prior to going to RMA i read that it can be a bit of a 'factory'. I would agree in that it's very efficient but i feel like i was treated like a person and that the doctors really did take their time with me during my appointments. I did not realize that I wouldn't see my specific doctor during every monitoring appt but I didn't mind. The other doctors were still able to answer questions and I could always email Dr. Mukherjee after with any questions i thought of later. It is something to be aware of for new patients but i think thats pretty similar to other fertility offices. Once i had a positive test, I saw Dr. Mukherjee every appointment.
For four cycles, 2 clomid + trigger shot, 1 clomid w/o trigger and 1 Letrozole w/ IUI I believe the total costs were about 3000 USD. The majority of this was covered by insurance.
NY - Eastside

[Dr. Thornton] always worked to let me know that she personally was handling my cycle, performed every single monitoring ultrasound herself, and was available for any and all questions. She normalized my pain and was incredibly supportive as I suffered through my miscarriage, and she remained hopeful through the next transfer that led to a pregnancy...she looked at me as an individual and clearly made personalized medical decisions for my unique clinical scenario
RMA as a practice supports single embryo transfer...[our nurse was] Bubbly, warm, and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with all of the steps in this long journey...RMA is a busy practice, which makes it a well-oiled machine. That's what you (or at least what I) want in an IVF center. Their success rates are amazing, and Dr. Thornton gives a personalized experience within an overall large practice.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Thornton. Dr. Thornton is one of the kindest, most compassionate doctors I've ever met. In a busy practice like RMA, she somehow always finds a way to make the experience feel personalized; I never felt like a number. She would spend extra time with me explaining what she saw, what the plan would be and if there were setbacks, what her plan was for next steps. Her medical decision making was thoughtful and not cookie cutter; she looked at me as an individual and clearly made personalized medical decisions for my unique clinical scenario. She has been my cheerleader and my advocate, and she possesses the perfect combination of astute intellect and compassionate care. I will be forever grateful for her incredible care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Monitor at the soho office so you get to see her as much as possible!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is truly wonderful. Kind, compassionate, and caring, she always worked to let me know that she personally was handling my cycle, performed every single monitoring ultrasound herself, and was available for any and all questions. She normalized my pain and was incredibly supportive as I suffered through my miscarriage, and she remained hopeful through the next transfer that led to a pregnancy. I will be forever grateful for Dr. Thornton's intellect, warmth, kindness, and compassion.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with 4 rounds of letrozole/IUI, then moved to IVF with antagonist cycle and freeze-all strategy for embryos to do PGT-A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Melissa Moro is a wonderful nurse. Bubbly, warm, and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with all of the steps in this long journey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
Can't remember
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA as a practice supports single embryo transfer. My embryos were genetically tested, so it makes sense to put back only one euploid embryo at a time.
Kimberley Thornton
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sandler is a no-nonsense doctor. He will explain everything to you and the evidence behind it. We tried 3 cycles of timed intercourse with letrozole and ovidrel shot without success. Afterward, he gave me a few options to continue with these medicated cycles, to try and see if my period came back, or to move on to IVF. I chose to move forward with IVF + PGT-A testing. Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. He was warm, remembered personal details about my life, and always made me feel comfortable.
RMA would send out monitoring times rather than being first-come, first-serve...The turnaround is quick, and you will get a call followed by an email that afternoon with the next steps...[nurse] Katrina is UNBELIEVABLE. Her cheerful and upbeat personality always put a smile on my face when she called. She is also extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process and can answer all of your questions in simple, easy-to-understand terms.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Trust his process. There may be some unforeseen delays (e.g. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and had to hold off on starting a cycle until 6 weeks of medication) but in the end, I am now pregnant after my first embryo transfer <9 months after my first visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler always took the time to explain our options and answer all of our questions. He did a thorough workup to figure out the cause of infertility. He remained optimistic throughout, and this put me at ease. In addition, his nurses are incredible and highly responsive.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
3 cycles of timed intercourse with lectrozole and ovidrel injection to induce ovulation. After that, we did a freeze-all IVF cycle starting with 2 weeks of OCPs (this was by choice as the timing was better for me), followed by Gonal-F and menopur for stimulation, cetrotide for ovulation suppression, and HCG+lupron for trigger (due to PCOS diagnosis, to reduce risk of OHSS)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Due to COVID, RMA would send out monitoring times rather than being first-come, first-serve. The uptown office often had a wait, especially if you were getting labs and an ultrasound. Since I live downtown, I usually scheduled my blood work only visits for the downtown location, which is smaller and gets you in and out quickly. The turnaround is quick, and you will get a call followed by an email that afternoon with the next steps. I recommend the uptown office despite the longer wait if you have a monitoring ultrasound as I had a bad experience at the downtown location. If your appointment lands on a Tuesday or Thursday, Dr. Sandler gets to do it, which is always a plus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Fortunately, my insurance covers 3 cycles of IVF. I paid $2000 to RMA for PGT-A testing (biopsy fee/surgical fee) plus an additional $150 per embryo to invitae lab.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We did a frozen single embryo transfer since all of our embryos were PGT-A tested.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside
[Protocol with Dr. Klein] 2 IVF cycles - both antagonist - first without birth control and the second with. We needed a second cycle after all our embryos arrested on day 3 in the first cycle. The second cycle was different to help the eggs mature at the same rate to retrieve more mature eggs. Both cycles produces 18 eggs each...Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested...he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator [at RMA of New York] who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate...The office was rarely busy for morning monitoring, and my wait was typically shorter than 15 minutes. Typically, once I got called in for blood draw, the ultrasound nurse was waiting for me...The main office is in midtown Manhattan is the only clinic open during weekends and holidays, which was inconvenient for me on the rare occasion when I needed morning monitoring during the weekend. Otherwise, the staff is pleasant and friendly, phone calls and emails are always returned, and the office is clean.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If I could take Dr. Klein with me everywhere I go, I would. He is equally kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly and takes the time to answer any questions I had, sets clear expectations and fully appraises you of the risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, ask them. If you have concerns, raise them. He will take the time to answer them as best as possible and make you as comfortable as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested on the day 3 in my first IVF cycle, he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein discussed costs with us during our initail consultation. However, most costs associated with my IVF treatment were covered by insurance. I did pay for the remainder of my deductible, which was very little at this point, and for genetic testing of my self, my husband, and the embryos out of pocket, totaling approximately $4000. The cost of the anesthesiologist was not covered by insurance as she was out of network, and that cost $750 for each egg retrieval.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein is particular to elective single embryo transfers for the safety of the mother and the fetus.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way...So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
They [RMA of New York] mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact...They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way!
Come prepared to ask any questions you have so that he can help you to get a full picture of your options and what's the best route for you:)
He was very caring and clear as he explained every single detail of what he believes is going on in my body and how we will proceed to combat it. He also made it clear that we could choose whatever route felt right for us but also explained what he would do based on our genetic testing.
We are still waiting to get that information. We will know in the next few weeks! So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My care coordinator seemed to care a lot but she neglected to keep us updated on certain things and I found myself having to email her to get information more than I would have liked. She was very positive but because she wasn't as thorough as we wanted, I sometimes got discouraged about the whole thing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted. Their phone system wasn't always the best because you always had to go through the front desk for any inquiries so you sometimes had to wait a day or two for the right person to call you back. Its best to email them directly and follow up a lot. They are however very thorough and do care so much. They want to make sure that you are fully prepared for everything you will embark on every step of the way.
My insurance did not cover ANYTHING. All in all ours will be about $20,000 altogether. Visits were $70 each. My insurance is United Healthcare Oxford (Liberty plan)
Not sure yet. We have not discussed this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact. They also didn't tell us immediately what all of the exact steps were when preparing for what we thought would be our first approach. This never happened due to my genetic results coming back with a pre-mutation. I feel like I sometimes had to call and ask things that I thought they would have told me ahead of time.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation!... takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself...honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they [RMA of New York] run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to...[Dr. Sekhon] was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is patient with questions and takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself. She was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
Advocate for yourself and don’t be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions in this process. Put together a list and email them or ask for a phone consult. You will get all of your answers.
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation! Her approach was compassionate and available which was much appreciated.
Originally diagnosed with unexplained infertility with healthy AMH so we started with IUIs as a less invasive treatment. When we moved on to IVF, we started on low doses because we had responded well to Clomid. However, as it became obvious that I was a poor responder we adjusted medications each cycle (micro dose lupron, estrogen priming, lupron long cycle/fresh transfer) to maximize success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Connie is incredible. Always answered questions and made sure that I understood the results and next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA’s strengths is that there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It generally was very efficient. The weekends required longer waits because only the Eastside location remained open. Your wait time really depends on the office you go to (Soho office was generally faster than Eastside)
Our total cost to ourselves was under $3k because our insurance paid for most of it.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No concerns
NY - Downtown
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time...We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time
[RMA of New York] are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening...All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions...They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time. He never gave up on me and I was at the clinic over a year and I did not have the best attitude at the beginning. We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time. He knows what he is doing and he is honest.
Trust him and defer to him. He has so many patients and he has seen it all.
Dr. Stein clearly loves what he does and you can tell how enthusiastic he is to help each patient. He runs everything really well and just being part of the process makes you feel comfortable.
We did IUI just to see if it would work since I was only 30. When we went to IVF-it was pretty standard protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran)
All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions. It was a dramatic time for me and they were there to guide me. I am going to miss them!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA. is the best and I would recommend them to anyone. They have so many patients so that really is telling. I got the result I wanted and it seems that a lot of people do. They are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved how they were in the morning and I did not have to miss any work. They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long.
Covered by insurance! I think $15,000 was the cost. Even if not covered-well worth it!
Single
NY - Westside
Doctor Sandler is very professional and warm at the same time. He was always very precise and designed a plan that worked just for me. I was diagnosed with PCOS and the possibility of becoming pregnant were very low according to other doctors...[he] prescribed injectable medication such as Gomal F and menopeur to induce egg production for retrieval an then IVF.
They are excellent. They are very professional, warm and care about their patients. They do their very best to help you accomplish your goal of becoming a mom. The clinic is very clean and very well equipped...[nurses at RMA of NY are] Excellent and very warm and professional...Doctor Sandler and all the members of his team were always on top of everything including how I felt during the process and always offer emotional support and professional comfort when things got hard.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Doctor Sandler is very professional and warm at the same time. He was always very precise and designed a plan that worked just for me. I was diagnosed with PCOS and the possibility of becoming pregnant were very low according to other doctors . Sandler was very positive and optimistic and keep his word. Everything unfold exacally how he explained . It was not easy but he never gave up on me and thanks to him and God and his team , Iam 8 weeks pregnant and my biggest dream of having a family is about to come true. He is exceptionally good at what he does and has excellent social skill to treat his patients. I could not be happier with him.
Doctor Sandler really knows what he is doing. He is very honest and he can really do his job well. Trust him and follow his instructions and you will succeed.
Doctor Sandler prescribed injectable medication such as Gomal F and menopeur to induce egg production for retrieval an then IVF. I took the injections for 2 weeks then retrieval of eggs, five days later fresh embryo transfer, and 10 days later I was pregnant. Iam 8 weeks today and I'm very happy. Sandler made everything he said come true.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Excellent and very warm and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sandler explained to me the risk of transferring more then one embryo at a time and his opinion made a lot of sense. I agreed with him and understood why it was best to do 1 embryo at the time .
NY - Eastside
I felt confident that Dr. Stein...he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment...Strong preference for single embryo transfer...The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible
I felt confident that Dr. Stein and the nursing staff at RMA considered my case and my circumstances individually. The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible. They were also extremely amenable to my changes of heart when it came to my course of treatment (changed my mind a couple times about the timing of progressing to IVF - ended up starting sooner than we had initially planned)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was very attentive and also extremely knowledgeable. From my first visit, he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment.
Just trust his advice - he will give you the good news and the bad news straight.
Metformin 2 IUI's with letrozole Antagonist with clomid, "low and slow" stim due to PCOS / high AMH ICSI due to PGS testing Freeze all Fully medicated FET w/ estrace, PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Stefany de Brito Ramos)
My IVF coordinator Stefany was a lifeline through the entire process, and was extremely responsive and reliable. The nursing staff was also very attentive, communicative, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and reassuring when necessary.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
STRENGTHS: communication, efficiency of appointments, friendliness WEAKNESSES: it's a large clinic. you are somewhat of a "number," but at the same time that does keep things feeling efficient. There were never delays due to clinic scheduling for starting my cycle or scheduling procedures because a large clinic means they're running 7 days a week and are always available.
We were fully covered with progyny insurance but had no trouble coordinating between the clinic and insurance
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
NY - Westside

I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup.... Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther.
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA NY. They were organized, on the ball, and compassionate. I felt like they were on the top of their game and like I wasn't going to fall through the cracks... They are a well-oiled machine. Monitoring hours can get quite busy, but they are organized and it goes pretty quickly. They also have several other locations throughout NYC and you can go to any of those locations for monitoring during the week, which is nice.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther. it was reassuring to know that he was constantly reviewing my case, rather than applying a generic protocol
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
If you're looking for someone who is overly emotive or compassionate, he may not be for you. But he is a kind person and I felt that he was paying attention to me as a patient. Which is what mattered to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup. He was on top of my cycle and was willing to make tweaks mid-cycle increase my success
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Grunfeld had me prime with estrogren patches and Ganirelix before my cycle began, then I did 14 days of 300 Gonal -F and Menopure once my cycle started. He started me out on 2 amps of Menopure but eventually upped my dose to 3 in hopes of getting a better response. I also took Ganirelix for 4 days toward the end. I triggered with lupron and novarell. I'm 41 and developed 9 follicles between my two ovaries. He was happy with this.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA NY was very organized! I've been to other large clinics that operate in a similar way (eg factory style monitoring hours), but never felt the others were as organized and on top of things as RMA. They called my prescriptions in in a timely manner, were very detailed in their daily instructions and blood work results. I felt like I was taken care of. The only downside (which didn't bother me) is that it can get quite busy during monitoring hours. But because they are so organized, and have the s$!t together, it didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
The total cost of treatment (not including meds) is about $15,000 for IVF plus ICSI
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't gotten this far yet.
Lawrence Grunfeld

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Mukherjee is extremely client-oriented, pays attention to the individual patient and kindly explains the reasoning for suggested treatment. Provides options, discussed details and really wants to have his patient on board, feeling comfortable with the treatment decision. ... Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart.
The clinic [RMA of New York] is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. ... It [Monitoring appointments] was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. ... I mostly worked with Julie [nurse], who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Mukherjee offers a wonderful experience to his patients, as much as this is possible under circumstances. He works in concert with his nursing staff and I feel he tailors treatment to the specific and unique needs of every patient.
You'll have a wonderful experience with this doctor!
Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart. It was with his help and open, innovative approach, that I actually had a pregnancy for the first time in 3 years of trying (it was unfortunately lost to a miscarriage, but there was a pregnancy with my own eggs).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
All the nurses and care coordinators were truly. I mostly worked with Julie, who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. The waiting room could sometimes feel crowded but they have recently made significant improvements in the environment and also in the speed of service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. The staff were always helpful and one could see everyone was trying their best and communicating really with each other, which can give a lot of confidence to patients.
Some of the treatments were covered by my insurance but this had quickly run out. The costs were reasonable compared to other clinics fo the same category.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
n/a - this doctor did what was best for the individual patient with an intention to achieve positive results