Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.

2022, Unknown Success
Everything felt personal; from her [Dr. Gerber] relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story...starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm...
The finance coordinator [at RMA of NY] was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions....I requested that the results of my saline ultrasound be sent to my obgyn. I filled out the necessary paperwork to request the documents and made sure my consent was on file. The documents were never sent. When I called to follow up, they said they would call back and never did. However, when I mentioned to Dr. Gerber during my appointment, she personally send the records the next day...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
It was immediately evident that Dr. Gerber was interested in our "story" and the journey my husband and I were taking towards building a family. Everything felt personal; from her relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story. On one occasion, I reached out to the RMA office for records. The office never got back to me and I never received what was requested; when I mentioned this to Dr. Gerber during my next appointment, she personally sent me what I needed the very next day. I have full faith in her expertise as a Dr. and cannot wait for her to guide me through the next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Share your concerns openly. Although I was initially embarrassed to share some of my concerns, I never felt judged and she put my mind at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I will be starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenna McAuliffe)
I have not had too many interactions as of yet. She has sent me the details of my protocol and seems very organized. She has answered all of my questions so far.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The finance coordinator was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions. Regarding the clinic in general, it is sometimes frustrating that there is not a direct phone number to reach the Mount Kisco location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
I have not received a full picture of this yet.

2021 - 2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
RMA is a well-oiled machine - they know what they're doing. Despite being a big practice, it was easy for me to reach my care team and everyone I spoke with throughout the process was calm and helpful...They [nurses] called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I went through what was fortunately a very straightforward egg freezing cycle with Dr. Sekhon. The initial consultation appointment was very thorough, and left me with a clear idea of what to reasonably expect for someone freezing at my age (37). I saw Dr. Sekhon several times during my cycle, and each time, even during very brief monitoring appointments, she expertly balanced the straightforward sharing of information about how the cycle was progressing with empathy and care. I was grateful that she was easy to reach with questions, and honest about both the potential and limitations of the freezing process. Her care and that of her team made a daunting process very manageable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had to book several weeks out for both my initial consultation and follow up appointment, so be prepared for a possible wait. The time in the appointments moves quickly, and there's a lot of information to process - preparing questions beforehand will help you ensure you have all the info you need (and you can also email her if you need to follow up).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon gave a thorough overview of the egg freezing process, and made sure I knew how to reach her and her team with any follow up questions. She responded quickly to my questions, and her team was friendly and easy to reach, which helped make the process very smooth.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had a very straightforward treatment plan for my egg retrieval - Gonal-F and Menopur for 8-9 days, followed by a trigger shot. Dr. Sekhon attenuated the medication after my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was glad to be able to go into the clinic most convenient to my home during monitoring hours - I had to wait about 10 minutes once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal, and once I got in I was finished in under ten minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
The cycle and included appointments was $9,500, the anesthesia for the retrieval was $950, the medications were approximately $5,500.

2021 - 2022, Successful
As difficult as the process is, she [Dr. Thornton] always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic.
[RMA of New York] is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I would highly recommend Dr. Thornton and had a really positive experience going through IVF under her care. As difficult as the process is, she always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic. She is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor, very kind with great bedside manner, and I truly trusted her opinion and recommendations. I can't recommend her enough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was always available to answer my questions and usually responded within a few hours. I truly trusted her advice and she always eased any concerns I had throughout the IVF process, and she treated me with patience and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses and my coordinator were great. Always very responsive and would call back very quickly if I had questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were really easy. I was usually in and out of the office within 30 minutes. I was always able to schedule the time that I wanted, which made it easy to manage before work.
Kimberley Thornton
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser is straightforward and kind. For some, the stress and trauma of infertility may require a more sugar-coated approach but for me his style allowed me to feel supported, informed, and that I was in charge of my fertility and decisions. He was compassionate about my medical history and gave guidance that was truthful but addressed my specific concerns. I felt I could ask him anything and get a high quality, honest, well intentioned answer...
The office [RMA of New York] is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer...All the nurses at RMA are kind, helpful and supportive. They are your cheerleaders! Leyla in particular goes above and beyond to make her patients feel in control and provides comfort during what can be an otherwise isolating time...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not mistake his honest and straightforward nature for a lack of kindness or compassion. He is brilliant and an excellent resource.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser helped me evaluate my options with regard to using embryos from a prior retrieval vs natural pregnancy. He was straightforward and kind and supported my decision to try naturally.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had frozen embryos from a previous cycle w Dr. grunfeld (retired in 2020). I came back to RMA to understand how IVF worked when you already had embryos and to evaluate my options. After a few cycles of trying on my own, Dr. Flisser allowed me to continue a natural cycle but with monitoring which helped me feel comforted that I wasn’t wasting my time and ultimately yielded a (so far) successful natural pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer. You are in good hands!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
I was lucky to have my treatments mostly covered by my insurance but they are very good about confirming insurance upfront and making you aware of any potential costs.
Eric Flisser

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] is very professional but knows how to talk to you like a friend. She explains things very clearly and is very knowledgeable on everything. Plus her nurse is very helpful and nice...After having my miscarriage, I set an appointment to meet with her again. She was so compassionate and helpful with getting me to understand why.
The NEW Brooklyn office [RMA of New York] is beautiful and so spread out. Especially during this time it’s easy to socially distance, clean, and feel comfortable. All the rooms they take you to are big also...Lori [nurse at RMA] is the BEST. She always gets back to you quickly and is on top of everything. She is very nice also...She [Dr. Lokevich] is very professional but knows how to talk to you like a friend. She explains things very clearly and is very knowledgeable on everything.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
After having my miscarriage, I set an appointment to meet with her again. She was so compassionate and helpful with getting me to understand why. At the end of the conversation I told her I wish she could follow me to the end of any of my pregnancy (delivery room) and she laughed and said me too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Follow her instructions and you will be successful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She is very professional but knows how to talk to you like a friend. She explains things very clearly and is very knowledgeable on everything. Plus her nurse is very helpful and nice.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I use clomid and then ovidrel when they told me I was ready to do IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lori traut-savino )
Lori is the BEST. She always gets back to you quickly and is on top of everything. She is very nice also.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The NEW Brooklyn office is beautiful and so spread out. Especially during this time it’s easy to socially distance, clean, and feel comfortable. All the rooms they take you to are big also. Love it there and highly recommend it to anyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I cannot remember actual number but she did take my insurance. Some part I had to pay out of pocket for.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Lekovich and her entire team were great. They took their time explaining everything and answering my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all...She’s an extremely intelligent doctor with tons of knowledge. She’s published peer reviewed research papers and is ultra competent. I’m very excited to work with her, and she’s already been more thorough and proactive in 1 visit than my other doctor was through two retrievals and two transfers...
The clinic [RMA of New York] is brand new, they just moved to that location. They now provide way more services on site instead of having to go to other RMA facilities for procedures such as egg retrieval or egg transfer...Dr. Lekovich and her entire team were great. They took their time explaining everything and answering my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Have all your questions ready for her and make sure your medical history is already sent to her office before your appointment.
Dr. Lekovich and her entire team were great. They took their time explaining everything and answering my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all. I’m extremely excited to work with Dr. Lekovich. I can already tell she will do everything in her power to help me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is brand new, they just moved to that location. They now provide way more services on site instead of having to go to other RMA facilities for procedures such as egg retrieval or egg transfer.
Most is covered by insurance. I’ve paid copay’s and a few out of pocked fees

2021 - 2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sekhon is] Very knowledgeable and took the time to further investigate my particular situation and getting the appropriate clearance to have the retrieval so there were no complications. I felt like i could trust her and she genuinely cared...She was very thorough and took the time to check in with me via email before and after the retrieval
[the RMA of NY nurse] was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions...Loved the downtown location. They were always polite and well organized. They always ran on time and i never felt like a number. The Uptown location wasn’t as personal. It was always very crowded and i had to wait a while every time i went
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t hesitate to ask her questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli, for part of it before she left )
Mauli was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions
$1100 for procedure and $7k for meds

2021 - 2022, 26 Eggs Frozen
each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that [Dr. Sekhon] remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort...took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic [RMA of New York] ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for...It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Without knowing it, Dr. Sekhon convinced me to move forward with egg freezing when I watched a presentation that she had given on the subject. When I met her and started working with her as my doctor, she was every much the champion of female fertility that I hoped she would be. She took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing. But more importantly to me, she made me feel comfortable throughout the process. After running into some physical difficulty during one of my consultations she insisted on putting my comfort first and gave me options to successfully continue treatment.
Even though my treatment did not require a lot of interaction with Dr. Sekhon herself, each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that she remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort. Her team was very responsive and helpful in guiding me on this journey. They took my questions seriously and never made me feel shy about asking.
My treatment strategy was pretty straight forward. Dr. Sekhon was diligent in monitoring and adjusting my hormone levels from day to day. As a result, we were able to retrieve more mature eggs than I could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
The nursing team at RMA made me feel cared for and in good hands. Even when there was a small mix up with one of my appointments, I only had positive interactions with the team. They were responsive to my questions and requests and never made me feel as if I was out on a ledge.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for. On the one occasion that I had to wait a little longer than usual in the exam room, a nurse came in to make sure that I was okay and to give me an update. It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic has monitoring hours but, they also allowed you to schedule your time. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen after my arrival and was usually out the door in 15-20 minutes. It was very efficient but also done with care.
I am fortunate to have employer provided fertility benefits that made the process very affordable relative to my income.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Nursing staff and coordinators [at RMA of New York] we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant...Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee is very knowledgeable and able to explain the process and reasons for treatments throughly. He has a friendly and sometimes comical demeanor that made us feel comfortable during what could be a very stressful time but he was also very professional. He also took the time to answer any questions we had down to the minute details even if they were repetitive. The fact that we were able to conceive after the 1st IVF cycle also is a testament to his knowledge and expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with any questions you might have as he's patient to answer them and explain the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was personable, took the time to explain the procedure he was going to perform and answered any questions we had with patience and repetition if needed
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee recommend IVF treatment for us and explained why he recommended that particular treatment for us and why other treatments wouldn't work for our particular circumstance. We were able to start at the time desirable to us and careful and frequent monitoring throughout the process allowed for adjustment of medications to produce 39 eggs of which 14 embryos were produced 6 survived and 3 ended up being normal. Dr. Mukherjee transferred 1 which resulted in a successful pregnancy and we have 2 embryos left in storage for future implementation. To have this happen on the first try was a dream cone true for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Goldberger )
Nursing staff and coordinators we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean, takes strict covid precautions and is professionally run. The service time a very quick and the wait time is not long at all. They also in most cases try to work around your schedule if possible for the appointment times. My only comment for improvement would be that they send clear notifications when they change any policies as they changed the ability for partners to attend baby screenings due to increasing covod cases but didn't send clear communication ahead of time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180 Procedures $1450
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was not given clear information about the recovery time needed/expectations after one of my procedures in order to schedule work/time off accordingly. I was not given clear updated policies about partners not being able to attend screenings due to changes in covid restrictions.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well...Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly...available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed...
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator [at RMA of New York] and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support...RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently...you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well. She's obviously very passionate about serving her community of patients and was super available over email whenever I had questions about anything. Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly. I've already recommended her to two other friends who are patients of hers now as well. I'm very fortunate that she has been my doctor. My experience with Dr. Sekhon and her team was great.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to clarify! Dr. Sekhon is very patient and knowledgable but she can't know what you are thinking or worrying about unless you tell her.
Dr. Sekhon and her nurse team (Jennifer was great as well) were with me through the two years of cycles that we managed. They counseled me, were available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed.
The protocol varied for egg retrieval versus embryo transfer. For the transfer (which was successful on the first try - amazing), I was placed on progesterone (injected) and estrogen (pills twice a day). After the transfer, Dr. Sekhon needed to increase my progesterone and added progesterone pills (vaginal) and increased estrogen to 3x a day. Obviously, I've been extremely fortunate so far and the transfer has resulted in an active pregnancy (nearing the end of my first trimester).
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently. It's staffed with excellent doctors and nurses and you always feel you have some of the best working on your procedures. Please know that because of working hours, etc., if you have a more demanding job that is less flexible, that means that you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule and it was so refreshing to be able to do that and have that level of flexibility. It also meant that i didn't have to explain any absences or tell anyone at work unless I chose to do so. Big staff and big operation but great people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine and was extremely accommodating to my personal work schedule.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Given the lack of any known fertility issues, Dr. Sekhon felt a single embryo transfer would be fine and she was correct.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon made the time to listen and made us feel like our input matter, while she provided professional and helpful advice. It seemed as if she was always on top of our case, making necessary and timely changes to our treatment and advocating for next moves that felt best aligned with our interests....She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year.
RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience....nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My ob-gyn recommended Dr. Sekhon, and my husband and I were very glad we went to see her and felt we were in good hands since the initial consult. Being new to the whole process, I was honestly a little overwhelmed at first, but Dr. Sekhon was professional and educational about what our treatment would look like and took the time to clearly explain the process and plan. She never tried to push the plan, which we appreciated. During our journey, our situation had changed, and Dr. Sekhon quickly realized we needed a change in plan. She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Sekhon was patient with answering MANY of my questions about pregnancy. Overall, my husband and I thought Dr. Sekhon was trustworthy and dependable, and we are highly satisfied!
We would tell a prospective patient to manage their expectations around how much they will be working directly with their primary RMA doctor. We understand that RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience.
Dr. Sekhon recommended that we start with three rounds of IUI (only three because the success rate really drops after that) and then re-evaluate for IVF if unsuccessful. During IUI, I took Letrozole for a few days pre-ovulation then had an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. The IUI rounds were unsuccessful, and along the way, we also saw that the sperm analysis was not ideal, so my husband consulted with Dr. Barhama, a urologist with RMA. We then began an IVF cycle using Gonal/F, Menopur, and Cerotide to prepare for retrieval (grow as many eggs) and the Lupron trigger shot right before retrieval. During the transfer cycle, I took Estrace and Progesterone in oil to prepare my uterine lining. I continued these medications after the transfer and also into my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had. Special callout to Nurse Jackie! She always seemed to be listening to my questions/concerns and was compassionate to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - organized, convenient locations in NYC, all staff are courteous and professional. Weaknesses - sometimes we didn't get our requested appointment times or didn't get a communication at all and needed to call the office the morning of.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
We got our requested appointment times and waits were minimal. We typically were able to see Dr. Sekhon (but not always).
Both our IUI and IVF cycles were most covered by our insurance. Some things during the IVF process were not covered such as the anesthesiologist and lab testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We just didn't receive appointment time confirmations once or twice.

2021 - 2022, Successful
From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she [Dr. Sekhon] was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff [at RMA of NY] and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel...Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Sekhon definitely showed compassion and genuine excitement for me and my partner to embark on this journey to having a baby. I felt like she did everything in her power to assist us in getting pregnant, including moving up the IUI date after one of my appointments.
I would say that it is a tiring but enjoyable experience. There are a lot of early mornings, so I would suggest getting accustomed to having appointments between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier depending on the appointment. I would also just keep in mind that you may not always see Dr. Sekhon for your appointments.
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing doctor! From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
Leading up to the IUI, Dr. Sekhon prescribed an Ovidrel injection that was given to me on the day before the IUI. My IUI was actually moved up 24 hours after an ultrasound. I'm not quite sure of the technical definition or reasoning, but in laymen's terms, it seemed that my egg was ready to be fertilized and moving the procedure up a day would potentially increase the chances of me getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel. The situation played out poorly. I wasn't initially informed that the prescription had been sent to a certain pharmacy until a nurse called and told me just a few days before I would need to obtain the Ovidrel and bring it to my next appointment. I was a bit frantic after that phone call because my insurance wouldn't cover the prescription so I had to pay $200 out of pocket. Before I paid out of pocket, there was a lot of back and forth about sending the prescription to a different pharmacy from the nurses so eventually I was able to get the prescription from a pharmacy in Hoboken. Ultimately, it was a lot of miscommunication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier. I drove to most of my appointments at the Madison office, which for someone who lives in NJ costs tolls, but to the appointments at the Broadway office, I was able to take the PATH train and walk about 10-12 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but the commute early in the morning was the hardest thing for us.
During this process, I only had to pay for transportation to and from the clinic, and the Ovidrel, which wasn't covered by my insurance. Otherwise, I didn't have any other out of pocket expenses.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions... I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!)...
Most monitoring appts [at RMA of New York] were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home...It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time...Coordinating messages from the phone staff to nurses, and playing phone tag, can sometimes be a pain, but they always get back to you. I always tried to be able to answer my phone when they called -- so that's an inconvenience but an understandable one!...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is warm, kind, direct, and knowledgable. She easily explained every part of the IVF process in a way I could understand (as someone who was brand new to all of this), and her empathetic yet directive approach made me trust her immediately. At decision points along the way, she laid out options and explained the multiple sides of things, providing guidance for my own decision-making. Her personal touches – phone calls during times of disappointment, emails about specific anxieties I had, and her bedside manner at appointments – made me feel safe, cared for, and confident in the team leading me through a challenging, complicated, miraculous journey.
If you've got questions and want to connect with her directly – reach out! I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!).
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions. Beyond Dr. Sekhon, her nurses and the staff at RMA were incredibly attentive.
For ERs: gonal, cetrotide, menopur, lupron/hcg trigger. I had a solid amount of follicles, so we focused on slow and steady growth. All of my follicles produced eggs that could be retrieved! For transfer: medicated cycle (but without birth control), estradoil, pio, synthroid, baby aspirin, lovenox.
Jennifer Needle, Julia, Jackie were all amazing!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most monitoring appts were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home. Sometimes I'd need to go to offices that were farther away so that I could be seen by Dr Sekhon or on a weekend, but that's just a part of the process. It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time.
We did 2 egg retrievals, 2 rounds of PGT-A/M testing, and 1 transfer. The cost for 1 ER + testing + transfer was around 20K. The additional retrieval + testing was around 15K.
We didn't discuss but since this was my first transfer and I do not struggle with infertility, I assume that's why we went with single!

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Nazem was great. I am in my early 40s and she was very realistic about my options and odds. She was not pushy but wanted me to have all the information to make informed decisions...She will be realistic with you so it's important to do your homework/ research and be prepared to ask many questions so you feel empowered and informed...
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have...Tatiana [nurse] was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was great. She communicated clearly and really took the rules to get to know me, my situation and needs before recommending options. She was very realistic and not too pushy. She made me feel comfortable and well informed.
I'm in my early 40s. I first went to RMA just for egg freezing at the start of the pandemic and that went well. Froze 8 eggs. We discussed also creating embryos as a second course of treatment, but I didn't have a partner and didn't feel like going down the sperm donor route. A year later I returned with a partner and was ready to go the full IVF route. The course of treatment was the same as egg freezing. This time around, they retrieved more eggs and we are currently awaiting the development of the embryos to the blastocyst stage so we can complete PGT-A prior to embryo implantation. I had no adverse effects from either cycle of the meds and all has gone as planned or better so far
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea)
Tatiana was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have. They had strict COVID protocols and I felt safe.
Egg freezing was not covered by my insurance so I had to pay that out of pocket. A discount is available if you use WIN Fertility. For IVF, that was covered by my insurance. I still had to pay out of pocket for the anesthesiologist and PGT-A.
Describe Taraneh Nazem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I'm not at the embryo transfer stage yet but I have heard based on my age, a single embryo transfer might be best.. I'm okay with tha as this is my first pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was told last late in the process that zi needed medical clearance from my primary care physician and an EKG before I could proceed. Luckily I have a great relationship with my PCP and she was able to squeeze me in to accommodate this request but I wish I knew that in advance. It could have potentially delayed the process another month.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon truly listened to my situation and concerns, and advised but never pushed my husband and I to make a quick decision. She gave helpful guidance and wanted us to make the best decision for us. She is patient, intelligent, and compassionate. I think so highly of her. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process...She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way...
This clinic [RMA of New York] is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before...[nurse was] always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon will guide you to where you want to be - trust her and take everything a day at time. You are in the best hands.
Dr. Sekhon was so personable, thorough, helpful and calm. I trust her completely and she made the process as seamless as possible. I’m truly grateful that she was my doctor. She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way. She’s an absolute star.
Jennifer Needle was fantastic - always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before. I actually enjoyed going to the appointments.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions...She described each procedure clearly. When I was ready for my transfer we had a hiccup and I had to have surgery, she helped me find a surgeon and get things taken care of quickly...
Sometimes RMA monitoring hours feel like a factory, if possible to extend hours later into morning would be ideal. The staff were all fantastic and welcoming every time I went to visit. Brooklyn location is the best with the new facilities...I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day...They [nurses at RMA NY] were all excellent...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions. Today I am12 weeks 5 days with a donor egg baby
facts are great, sharing success stories will help
Dr Sekhon was great. she was thoughtful and cared about me and my journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Wells)
They were all excellent
IVF is expensive
N/A single embryo transfer is the way to go with less risk and higher success
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day. In worked out

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Stein always greeted us warmly and answered all of our questions. Since I was new to infertility, I initially wished he provided more hand-holding. But we soon realized he was dedicating his energy to what mattered - analyzing our case and recommending treatment to get the achieved result...He provided clear and candid guidance and made time to answer all of our questions. His demeanor was steady and calm throughout, making it easy to trust what he was saying and not get thrown off by an unexpected turn of events in treatment....
I liked that the RMA West Side office is relatively small, so it didn't feel quite so much like an assembly line as other clinics nearby. Some nurses were warmer than others, but they all provided information in a straight-forward and consistent manner and worked to get all questions answered...He [Dr. Stein] provided clear and candid guidance and made time to answer all of our questions. His demeanor was steady and calm throughout, making it easy to trust what he was saying and not get thrown off by an unexpected turn of events in treatment.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Ask the questions you have, whether via email or at an appointment, and schedule extra consultations with Dr. Stein if you need more time to get questions answered, especially as you are in the planning stages of your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Daniel Stein

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Jackson-Bey is both a wonderful doctor and person. She never made me and my husband feel rushed and took the time to answer questions and speak to us, even after hours. Her bedside manner is exactly what I want in a doctor, she keeps it real yet hopeful, is confident and kind...I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay...I like and recommend RMA. I appreciate the flexibility in monitoring hours and locations and I liked that I got a chance to meet most of the doctors there since you never know who you'll get on procedure days. Most doctors have great bedside manner and a few seem too busy for questions but I don't blame them, monitoring mornings get busy.
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
I have nothing but good things to say. In fact my husband and I wish she could be our GP. She is really good at explaining what's happening, makes time for questions and is responsive. I never felt rushed, pressured, or like I wasn't receiving the best advice. I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case. Truly a gifted physician and gem of a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Bring a notebook and be prepared to take lots of notes. There's no such thing as a bad question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval 1: antagonist protocol. I was a slow responder and stimmed for 14 days. I have slightly low amh and only had 5 eggs retrieved. one made it to blast and came back low mosaic. We changed my protocol for the second retrieval and did the microflare protocol with estrogen priming. I ended up with 6 eggs and 4 blasts. Three came back PGT normal. in between retrievals I had to have a laproscopic hysteroscopy to remove uterine adhesions and fix additional scarring/issues at the fundus. I had my FET two months after my second retrieval and three months after surgery. It was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy Arnerich-Hatch)
So sweet and so responsive. Lucy is great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay. Most of our IVF was paid for out of pocket.
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Will only transfer one embryo at a time. She outlined her reasons and we were on board.
Tia Jackson-Bey

2019 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. Lederman] told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner.
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion...Sometimes the White Plains office can get very busy. Fridays especially. Request early appointment times if you can, as those seemed to have the shortest wait. Other than that, the staff kept everything moving efficiently.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first met with Dr. Lederman, I explained my symptoms and shortly thereafter we went into another room to look at my ovaries on ultrasound. Immediately, he told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner. I really felt like he was always on my team, and routing for our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is trying to find the right protocol for your body. Everyone is different and one protocol will not produce the same results for two different people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman always remembered my case when he saw me during treatments. He was always so kind and personable, and so empathetic when we didn’t get results we were looking for.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols, but the one that worked for me was estrogen priming (patches). This produced the most amount of follicles for me, and resulted in two PGS normal embryos. Previously we had used birth control before cycle starts but that seemed to suppress me too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shakira - nurse for bloods. Andrea - coordinator )
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion. She and Audrey are the sweetest.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most treatments for us other than anesthesia and embryo testing.
Matthew Lederman

2021, Successful
Dr Mukherjee is extremely competent, transmits a lot of confidence and he is also very straight-forward, which I appreciated. He is definitely busy but will take the time to listen and answer your questions when you need him...advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense...he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested...
RMA is a well-oiled machine - very efficient, always on time, quick to respond It can feel impersonal because they do see many many women everyday and monitoring room is crowded but I believe the more women they see, the more data they have, the more studies they can perform, etc.... So it can be seen as impersonal but I believe is a very good clinic with the best standard of care...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Trust him, he will give you advice with your best interest in mind. That said, advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense. One example: I did 2 IUIs that failed and normally 3 are recommended before you go to IVF. I asked him to skip the 3rd one and move on to IVF and he was very open to accept it
Dr. Mukherjee and RMA are obviously very busy....RMA is a well-oiled machine so in everyday appointments there is not much time to chat...but if you have questions and need them at any point then the Dr. will make time for you, answer all questions and listen to you.
2 IUIs + Clomid and then IVF (with genetic testing, freeze all)
I talked to 2 nurses - Clara and Marisa....they were responsive and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My insurance covered most of it but all-in I had ~6k of co-pays for 1 IVF cycle and 2k for genetic testing
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested - I believe this is 100% the right approach

2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time..
Monitoring appts [at RMA of NY] were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen...$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle...Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time. Couldn’t recommend her more.
Ask all of the questions you have and voice any things you’re hesitant about, she’ll provide all of the information you need.
Dr. Gerber was very thorough and individualized our meetings based on my challenges and concerns.
Was diagnosed with PCOS in the early stages of egg freezing as I did not have a menstrual cycle. Began oral medications to produce a cycle, which was not initially planned. Then did injectable medications once the cycle began for nearly three weeks (“low and slow”) due to PCOS. had daily bloodwork and ultrasounds for nearly the last week again due to PCOS and high risk for hyper stimulation syndrome. Ended up with a very large number of viable eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The care coordinator did not play a major role as I did not hear from her much through the cycle, only at the onset for paperwork. Was not assigned a primary nurse. The nurse I met with for patient education regarding administering injections was inpatient and not thorough. Seemed easily annoyed by my questions and because I hadn’t been “pre scheduled” to meet with her. The ultrasound technicians were always very kind. When I had doctors who were not Dr. Gerber (as she was not present for every monitoring appointment), they were also nice though not as informative as my primary doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - primary doctor was amazing. Ultrasound techs are also great. Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be. Provider gave me donor medications because my insurance would not cover costs. Weaknesses - did not see primary doctor for many monitoring appointments and had a different doctor for the actual retrieval. Limited assistance from nurse and patient coordinator. Only select locations open for weekend monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen.
$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle. None were covered by my insurance.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of cycle, the coordinator forgot to send in certain requests for testing and I had to come back for follow up appointments.
2021, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring...
RMA is efficient and reliable...It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler was the doctor who did my egg retrieval - he was not the doctor I initially met. I was initially nervous about not being able to select a doctor for my retrieval, but I realize at RMA, it doesn't matter who you meet initially because you will be working with the entire team. Some people are uncomfortable with this. Once I understood that this was the case, I didn't mind. I felt confident that the team was reliable. I also understood that the purpose of going to a clinic like this, is to try and get the maximum efforts for fertility - hence the initial doctor I met also suggested an embryo freeze to IVF as opposed to simple egg retrieval due to my age and circumstances. I was nervous going into the procedure, as I had never gone under anesthesia (which only lasted 30 minutes). Dr. Sandler came in quickly, introduced himself, promised he would retrieve as many eggs as possible, and got more eggs than were part of any of my monitoring. While I have yet to confirm the number of embryos we have after PGT, I believe he did exceptional for what was needed. I also did not bleed or spot at all after the egg retrieval and recovered completely in 24 hours. I do think this was a result of his excellent and fast care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Disregard the negative reviews - Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring. That being said, the efficiency of all of the nurses and doctors made them a good team. If you feel you need bedside manner or ask more questions, you need to speak up and ask for it. I felt I needed more at several times and so I made them set up additional meetings with doctors and nurses when I felt I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I did not like my coordinator - she was too inexperienced and tried to rush me into the procedure before she went on vacation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is efficient and reliable. I went there because my closest friend had her baby there with a donor egg in her mid 40s. It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible. I have yet to find out how many embryos have made it through PGT, so I will elaborate further once I get the results.
Benjamin Sandler
2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed...Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection...
The nursing staff at RMA [New York] were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic...All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. I never had a definitive reason provided why I was not getting pregnant. However, Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed. Every step of the way seemed to be easy with her. One of my main concerns going into RMA was my embryo quality based on my last retrieval. Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection. The ERA showed my lining was receptive but the infection testing was inconclusive. Regardless, I did two weeks of antibiotics to clear anything up. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome. I will always be thankful to her and RMA and will recommend any of my family and friends going through infertility woes to her.
Trust the process but do your research. I started with Dr. Gerber a year after I had been going through IVF treatment so I was familiarized with the process and had a few intuitions of my own as to why it wasn't working. Thankfully, Dr. Gerber took my inquiries seriously and conducted the testing needed to clear them up or rule them out.
Dr. Gerber and her staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and put thought into their responses. They were very warm and encouraging throughout the entire process.
Egg Retrieval (not sure of the exact strategy but I do know it was non-flare) Zymot prior to Embryo creation 2 weeks of Doxycycline for any lining infection 2-3 weeks of Estrogen prior to transfer 7 days of a steroid prior to transfer 5 days of progesterone prior to transfer Baby Aspirin post transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really appreciated the collaborative aspect. All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps.
My Treatment with Dr. Gerber was a little over $15,000. We were off of insurance at this point so it was all out of pocket. This included payment for the egg retrieval, appointments and first transfer.
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Single Embryo Transfer