Natan Bar-Chama

200 West 57th St
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2012 - 2014, Successful
I felt like he [Dr. Copperman] understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances...In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
[RMA] Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call...For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I saw Dr Copperman after working with another clinic that couldn't give me a reason for why my cycle didn't work. I wasn't really planning on doing another IVF cycle, but I agreed to go for a consultation with him. At that first meeting, he was able to tell me why he thought the first cycle didn't work, and what he would do differently. He seemed sure that he could get me pregnant. We ended up doing several cycles with him. Each time something didn't work, he tweaked. I thought he would want us to go to donor egg after the first failed cycle, but he didn't. The fact that I had low ovarian reserves didn't scare him, and he was willing to keep trying new protocols. In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be willing to ask questions, and try new protocols if the first one doesn't work
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
While the clinic is very large, I felt like he understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances. When you are sitting in the waiting room though, it can feel a little bit like you are a number.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First cycle - Lupron Flare. Birth Control Pills to shut off my natural cycle, then low dose of lupron. Follistrum and menopure were used to stimulate ovaries. Trigger shot of orvidrel. This cycle was cancelled prior to retrieval, because I only had one follicle. It was suspected that the birth control pills suppressed me too much. 2nd cycle - antagonist with Clomid added. This was my best cycle - 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized. We transferred 2 good quality 3 day embryos. I got pregnant with a singleton, but ended up loosing the baby at 25 weeks gestation due to early onset preeclampsia and growth restriction. 3rd cycle - antagonist with clomid. 2 eggs retrieved, 1mature. Nothing fertilized. 4th cycle - antagonist with estrogen patches to try and prime my overies. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 2 transferred. I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Theresa/Dara)
For my own cycles my coordinator was Theresa. She was open to questions (I emailed her all the time) and she responded in a timely manner. For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call. Dr Copperman didn't do any of my procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were 7:00 - 8:30. You could show up anytime during those hours. The earlier you got there, the shorter the wait. On occasion I went to the Long Island offices. There monitoring hours were 8 am - 10 am and there was rarely a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
$11,000 for cycle $2500 for ICSY I believe there was a few for the anesthesiologist as well but I don't remember how much. Donor cycle $21,000 for shared, $28,000 for non-shared.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He did not push for single embryo transfers based on my DOR, embryo quality, and the fact that we wanted to transfer more than one.
2014, Successful
Sometimes I feel like male doctors don't really "get it" - they have never been on 1,000 hormones before. But, I felt like Dr. Flisser did get it. He is a husband and a dad and I think that made him very releatable. We LOVE Dr. Flisser. He can be very straight forward and factual at times, so if you want someone who is a little more emotional, he is not your guy.
Monitoring [at RMA New York] is sort of a shit show - on any given day there could be at least 20 people waiting! I don't think this was specific to RMA, I think its an NYC problem, as I had a similar experience at Columbia...Overall, monitoring is so depressing. Unless they handed out coffee and donuts I honestly don't think it could be any better than it was at RMA.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Our experience with Eric Flisser was extremely positive. From the first time we met with him, we felt very comfortable with him. We completely trusted his recommendations and guidance through this very confusing process. When I got my first negative pregnancy test - he called me that afternoon to see how I was doing. He didn't even call to explain, he just called to "check in". When I started crying on the phone, he didn't rush me off. I will never forget how grateful I felt for that call. It showed me that he was just as disappointed as I was. He is really a great doctor and we would recommend him to anyone!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Know that he is not super lovey dovey. He can be very straight forward and factual at times, so if you want someone who is a little more emotional, he is not your guy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
When I was under Dr. Flisser's care, I almost always saw him. He made an effort to coordinate all my appointments around his schedule (as best we could given my cycle), he called me after my first failed transfer and met with both me and my husband on several occasions. He never once rushed us out of his office or failed to thoughtfully answer any of my questions. When I was sobbing crying, unable to go into the transfer room, he did not rush me. He gave me time and space to pull myself together. Sometimes I feel like male doctors dont really "get it" - they have never been on 1,000 hormones before. But, I felt like Dr. Flisser did get it. He is a husband and a dad and I think that made him very relatable. We LOVE Dr. Flisser.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene Pena)
I liked everyone we saw at RMA! Everyone was very pleasant in the mornings and made the monitoring process pretty seamless. The nurses who worked on the retrieval / transfer floor were amazing! They were very sweet and patient. I felt very well cared for when we were there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring is sort of a shit show - on any given day there could be at least 20 people waiting! I dont think this was specific to RMA, I think its an NYC problem, as I had a similar experience at Columbia. But, the waiting room at RMA is nice and it goes pretty quickly. They let you get there really early so you can be there before they even start calling patients to get ahead of the crowd. Overall, monitoring is so depressing. Unless they handed out coffee and donuts I honestly dont think it could be any better than it was at RMA.
2009 - 2014, Successful
[RMA of New York] Can feel a bit like a factory at monitoring time but that's the nature of the job. I understood they had about 100 women to monitor in a two hour window, they had to move fast...Dr Grunfeld always gave me his time and explained everything with patience and care. He responded to emails and calls right away (either personally or via his nurse) He also made me feel like he was disappointed when I was disappointed and he was optimistic when I couldn't be. I felt like he was a cheerleader all along...My diagnosis was unexplained secondary infertility so we knew we had a good chance of a positive outcome out was just a matter of the right egg and the right sperm at the right time. I got pregnant on a medicated cycle with timed intercourse (had my second baby). When we decided we wanted a third child and the same treatment didn't work Dr. Grunfeld encouraged me to consider IVF and reviewed my chances of success etc. When we finally decided to go ahead with it he discussed our desire to transfer two embryos (he advised not to but told us it was our decision and I'm glad we listened!!). We had our third healthy baby, on our second transfer.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I felt I was in the hands of a true expert who is one of the top in his field. I knew about Dr. Grunfeld's excellence and knowledge, yet his humble and down to earth personality made me feel that he was approachable and truly cared about the outcome of our treatments (Not just my payments).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and don't be shy!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were very professional, organised, patient and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. Super efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered my medicated cycles and meds. They also covered my ivf meds. I paid for my ivf via a loan from a charitable organization that works with couples trying to conceive. They work with RMA very frequently.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He knew what he was talking about!!

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] was warm and thorough and realistic while being optimistic. I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into- i was prepared for him to be much more pessimistic, but he made me feel hopeful while also aware of everything at each stage...He took the time to explain everything to me and was warm...Clomid for first cycle. then injectibles for the next cycle. No results for the first two cycles. I continued injectibles for the next two cycles but didn't follow through with the IUIs. He encouraged me along the way, and was very supportive of acupuncture and other non-western methods.
It's [RMA of New York] large and not very private- i understood that there was a "factory-like" element to the clinic but i was pleasantly surprised by the compassion and effort and time I was given...Clomid for first cycle. then injectibles for the next cycle. No results for the first two cycles. I continued injectibles for the next two cycles but didn't follow through with the IUIs. He encouraged me along the way, and was very supportive of acupuncture and other non-western methods.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was warm and thorough and realistic while being optimistic. I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into- i was prepared for him to be much more pessimistic, but he made me feel hopeful while also aware of everything at each stage.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Appreciate his straightforwardness. Not a ton of hand-holding but he did make me feel cared for and cared about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He took the time to explain everything to me and was warm.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's large and not very private- i understood that there was a "factory-like" element to the clinic but i was pleasantly surprised by the compassion and effort and time I was given.

2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Sandler was very knowledgeable and kind. In the beginning he explained everything to us almost like a high school health class, making sure we undertood everything. The doctors at RMA work as a team and we liked all of them...Both Dr. Sandler and my ivf coordinator always spoke to us as kindly and explained everything clearly and kindly...Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors [at RMA of New York] and you won't know who will be doing what procedure...[Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors and you won't know who will be doing what procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Keri Bergin)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
We were lucky to have insurance cover 1 cycle
Benjamin Sandler
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Flisser] pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of Clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway. I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances.
At every monitoring session [at RMA New York], I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor...In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, [the nurses] will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear...It was always extremely busy, but I was always seen pretty quickly- within an hour of arrival.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances. He asked questions about what we wanted our family to be and how many children we wanted. He pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway.
Be very clear about what you want, and ask specific questions. You'll get specific answers.
At every monitoring session, I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor. Also, Dr Flisser answered (promptly) his own emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, they will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear.
2006 - 2014, Successful
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.
Share all your fears and hopes (re infertility issues)with Dr g. He'll put u at ease and will respond truthfully without giving false hope or unrealistic expectations albeit with a Healthy dose of hope
Spoke in a language we can understand.
Clomid, iui's and finally ivf when all else failed
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very thorough, gave instructions clearly and in and understansavle fashion

2014, Successful
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important... They [the nurses] all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
Daniel Stein
2014, Successful
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.
Joshua Klein
Brooklyn
2014, Successful
Dr. Mukherjee [at RMA of New York] was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis...[He] is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis.
Dr. Mukherjee is warm, has a good bedside manner and explains things thoroughly but easy to understand.
Dr. Mukherjee is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
NY - Downtown

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time... CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING [for monitoring appointments].
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman was completely lovely and extremely knowledgeable. I never felt she talked down to me, and she kept me absolutely as informed as I wanted to be throughout the entire process. She did an excellent job as evidenced by results and also my personal experiences with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Listen to what she says - she knows what she is talking about and won't beat around the bush. If you have to see other doctors make sure you have her cell phone number in case something goes wrong when you are not with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I could not have loved Jaime Knapman more. She gave it to me straight in a way that let me know she respected my intelligence, but she did it with warmth and grace. She told me all the upsides and downsides, always answered my questions honestly and eagerly, and to top it all off has a good sense of humor. When I had an issue after my retrieval (which was not done by her due to timing out of our control) she was there with me on cell over the weekend going above and beyond.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember exactly, but I looked back in my emails and these were the drugs I purchased: Ganirelix 250 mcg x 4 Follistim Cartridge 900 IU x 3 Menopur 75 IU Vials x 25 I did them in varying levels and I had a lot of Menopur left over (5 or 6 vials). My trigger shot was switched at the end from Ovidrel to the other one because I was growing a LOT of eggs and they were afraid I would over-stim (which I did). I had a very successful result but it was extremely painful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erica Weinberg)
I was really on top of calling them and emailing them to make sure I knew everything I had to do. I think I would advise that all patients do this. The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING. NO WIFI!!! NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Jaime Knopman

2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He personalay follows his patients through their treatments and he makes the decisions about medications and timing. Not all doctors do that, even at RMA. We got pregnant very quickly while working with Dr. Grunfeld. Some people say he is not warm and fuzzy and I am sure there are doctors who rate higher on that metric, but he is not cold, and gets results
The staff [at RMA of New York] was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is excellent at giving information and explaining your situation. We saw him for a second opinion and just looking through my chart from another clinic, he gave me lots of information the original doctor had not, even though it was the other doctor's chart. He also gave me more information following a physical exam. He explains things well and answers questions well. When we got bad news during one cycle, he was immediately available and followed up quickly and thorouthly. I also felt his information was realistic.
Don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly (coordinator) Carrie (nurse).)
The staff was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is very well run and very warm. The doctors have coordinators and nurses who work their patients. I went for screening at the East side location and in Brooklyn. Sometimes screening in Brooklyn could take a long time because there was only one doctor. You could always meet with a nurse during screening too.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Screening was in the morning. I generally tried to get there early and did not wait long. The doctors at the East side location did not spend a lot of time with you but you could see a nurse. In Brooklyn, the doctor would spend more time and would generally give you a lot of information about your exam and answer questions but you could also wait longer.
We were covered by insurance

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me... He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval.
I did not have a good experience with him [Dr. Klein] and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was almost malicious to me during a post-surgery complication. He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval. I left the surgery with no pain medication, called that afternoon received no help, and when I called again that night he yelled at me for calling the answering service and bother him (it was only 10pm) and sent me to the ER rather than help me by ordering a simple pain medication. Even my normal doctor at RMA was horrified.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I did not have a good experience with him and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me. I was truly horrified.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
After my surgery on a Saturday afternoon I called to inquire about pain meds (I hadn't been given any) and they told me they couldn't connect me to a doctor.
2011 - 2013, Successful
Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable...Always knew who I was and my history. When I found out my pregnancy had lost the heartbeat while he was doing an ultrasound he was unbelievably kind
Get to the office [RMA of New York] early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to access records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc...The waiting area was always packed but I don't see anything that could be done about that...Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor. Working with infertility patients takes compassion, patience and understanding on top of skill. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone with knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Get to the office early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to acces records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I don't remember exactly, but I believe I paid @$12,000 per cycle

2010 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld was great. There were other doctors in the practice that I didn't like nearly as much.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Straightforward but also warm.
Try and schedule your monitoring for days that he'll be there.

2009 - 2012, Successful
[Dr. Muckherjee] Spoke to me like a real person with a brain; wasn't flustered when I got emotional; spent time explaining things; was positive but honest.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I know of no weaknesses. He was the ideal doctor for me and I would recommend him to anyone for ART, and I have referred friends to him many times.
Be realistic and patient with the process. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: don't recall name)
Intelligence
2007 - 2011, Successful
I felt like a human. The only problem I had was that I was always asked to sign in when I arrived at the office and then the sign in sheet was left out for everyone to see. I was concerned about my privacy and how the lack thereof could affect me at work. The receptionist laughed about me crossing out my name when I left, and I told her that it wouldn't be funny if I lost my job. Hopefully they've become more careful about privacy.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I interviewed one other doctor and much preferred Dr. Klein. Convenience was a factor but I also prefered Dr. Klein's manner. He did not recommend medication for me (at age 36) and the other doctor did. I got pregnant on my first try, with two back to back IUI's. I didn't love that when I talked about tracking my fertility he called that the "loosy goosy method." I actually found ovulation predictor kits ineffective but have a good sense of when I'm ovulating, so didn't need them. I also was on thyroid medication and dropped off my blood test results with him, expecting that he would manage that, but I got the feeling that he never looked at them, and was told by the receptionist that he wouldn't. That's fine. I found another endocrinologist to manage that during my pregnancy, but would have felt much safer being told that right away. I didn't know what questions to ask. I still recommend him, but recommend that you make sure to ask if there are any concerns so you know what is in his domain and what isn't. All in all, I got what I went there for and ended up very happy. Oh- inseminations had to be performed in the city but I was able to have all the testing done in White Plains.
Just talk to them about privacy if that's a concern for you, and ask questions about any medical concerns so you know if you need to see another specialist as well.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Simple IUI, back to back. I had to get them paperwork in order to have the sperm sent there. I had a blood test to check my FSH levels. Then I went in when I suspected that I was ovulating and had an ultra sound. He recomended a trigger shot just to make sure that the egg would be released at the right time, being that all the inseminations only happened in the mornings. He didn't go over whether this carried any risk and I didn't ask. He did not recommend any medication and I didn't need any. Inseminations were fine, doctors were nice and wished me luck. After the inseminations I was asked to come in for a blood test, maybe in two weeks to determine pregnancy. I got the call later that day and asked how strong the numbers were (someone who had been through fertility treatments told me to ask). She told me what range was good and what mine were. She told me to come back in a few days later for another blood test to see if the numbers doubled. Then at 6 weeks maybe, I went in to hear the heart beat. Soon after he referred me to an OB practice and wished me well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Honestly, I mostly worked directly with Dr. Klein but I don't remember any negative interactions with anyone other than a receptionist who found my concern for privacy amusing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
all said already- weakness back in 2007, having to sign in and let everyone see your name everything else was positive
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
I think my insurance covered everything but the sperm.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I made the mistake of assuming that the doctor would pay attention to my thyroid levels and make sure that they were what they should be with my pregnancy. It turns out that I needed to see a specialist to handle that and I think when asking about my medical history they should have told me to make sure there was a specialist managing my throid levels for pregnancy instead of just ignoring it until I happened to ask.
2010 - 2011, Successful
Email him [Dr Jeffrey Klein of RMA of New York in Westchester ] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell. him [Dr Jeffrey Klein] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was great especially on email he would get right back to us. Office is very busy but assume that is the case with all clinics.
Email him any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
Dr Klein took the time and met with my husband and I on multiple occasions. One time he felt like he didn't answer all my questions and called me later that day when he had more time to talk. It was very scary time not knowing the outcome but he was great
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses were good. Got to know them by first name.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Was pretty quick and first come first serve so i tried to get there early since I had a long commute to the city after my appt
20k
2009 - 2011, Successful
very trustworthy - took me seriously - respected me as a single mother - not a lot of small talk but that fit my style - in retrospect wish i had not spent so much time and money on iui and gone straight to ivf - he was efficient and caring...thought he respected me as a person - would have liked to have individualized my plan a bit more...6 iui - 3 with clomid and 3 with injectable 1 ivf...about my remaining embryos - i assumed they would be frozen and was only told after the fact when i inquired that they were not good enough quality and were disposed of
i felt like i wanted more support from the nursing staff [at RMA] than i got...i just felt like noone followed up with me about my remaining embryos - i assumed they would be frozen and was only told after the fact when i inquired that they were not good enough quality and were disposed of...very efficient with getting me in and out for all the lab draws and u/s very good place for a working woman...would have liked to have individualized my plan a bit more
push for ivf sooner
6 iui - 3 with clomid and 3 with injectable 1 ivf
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
i felt like i wanted more support from the nursing staff than i got
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
i felt like 5 embryo transfer was the best option for me - i was not sufficiently prepared though for the fact that the remaining 5 embryos would not be good enough to freeze
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
2004 - 2011, Successful
The wait times were not crazy although I did always get there early. When I started going to Dr Copperman he was working out of Mt Sinai then moved to his own RMA on Madison. The facility was brand new...Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC [single mother by choice] to be...He was caring, honest, sympathetic and overall amazing. He treated me like a person and not a number. I saw him more than I expected after all the stores I had heard about just being a number. And still in my life even after my kids are 14 years old!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
BE persistent with your care
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC to be. There were many factors that contributed to this.
Sorry but this was a long time ago and don't really remember specific details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were totally on top of everything. They helped me emotionally as well.
He was very kind to me especially after 3 IVF's

2010 - 2011, Successful
She cared deeply about her patients and was so generous in even helping us by donating the costs of the med[ication] during our second round.
[Nurse] Rebecca was awesome. Also direct, but cares about her patients and communicated my results always in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Caryn Selick at RMA of New York?
She was an incredible doctor. Highly intelligent and direct communicator and very, very thourough. She cared deeply about her patients and was so generous in even helping us by donating the costs of the meds during our second round. I continue to see her as my OB and have enormous respect for her. She has gotten a number of my friends pregnant too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caryn Selick at RMA of New York?
Be prepared for the worst news and be very patient. Infertility is a roller coaster and generally involves a long ride.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was excellent, again highly professional and punctual.
Caryn Selick
2010 - 2011, Successful
We happened to be very lucky and treatment worked within 8 months of starting it, but he [Dr. Grunfeld] made the process smooth and amazing...He was candid and patient from the very first visit...Really treated me as a whole person - from head to toe - taking into account psychological state as well as physical state.
Compassionate, careful. I have bad veins, but they were able to do the bloodwork expertly. Great staff [at RMA New York]! [Monitoring appointments were an] efficient, well-oiled machine.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He was candid and patient from the very first visit. Gave us realistic assessment. We happened to be very lucky and treatment worked within 8 months of starting it, but he made the process smooth and amazing.
Go to him!
he listened to our concerns. Really treated me as a whole person - from head to toe - taking into account psychological state as well as physical state.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Compassionate, careful. I have bad veins, but they were able to do the bloodwork expertly. Great staff!
efficient, well-oiled machine
2004 - 2011, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child...I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to no
I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to not pay attention to anyone else....My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a very good doctor; listen to his advice.
Sorry, it's too long ago and frankly (and kindly) I have forgotten most of the details.

2011, Successful
Wonderful bedside manner. Very thorough, though, I would have liked a follow up appointment with him after the egg extraction to discuss the quality of the eggs / embryos.
Don't expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr. Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation. The staff was very warm and I felt like they genuinely cared about my well being.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
dont expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation.