Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
This was not done at the Westside office but at the Eastside Office. They gave me either wrong information or information that was not up to date. I had called to the eastside office for the results of one of my procedures and was given bad news. Later that day I got a call back with much better news from a different nurse. In between those 2 calls I had gotten depressed until the second call was made.
NY - Westside

Dr. Sekhon is incredibly kind and caring. She's able to deliver hard news thoughtfully and explain why and how certain things are happening in a clear way. Dr. Sekhon treated my husband and me as if we were her friends or family -- when we got bad news, she called us right away and when we got good news, she was cheering in our corner...We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
I adore Connie [nurse at RMA of NY] -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully...It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick...Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My husband I are so grateful for Dr. Sekhon. After being diagnosed with PCOS, we knew we needed help getting pregnant and Dr. Sekhon came highly recommended. In our first meeting, she took the time to clearly outline the entire process and all of our options while answering every single hypothetical question we had. We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions! In my experience, you receive more information if you ask for it. Most doctors don't offer every point of detail but Dr. Sekhon will certainly take the time to explain the way things work if you show that you're interested and want to understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
For both of the IUIs, I was on Letrozole and then Ovidrel as the trigger shot. For IVF, I was on a combination of Gonal, Menopur, and Cetrotide and then the Lupron Trigger Shot. The dosages of the medications differed between the two IVF protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie and Jennifer)
I adore Connie -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully. Her care and compassion made the entire process so much better!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Overall, we had a great experience at RMA. Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I know many people say that it's a cattle call, but I never felt that way. It is certainly a busy clinic, but I think that's attributed to their success and how many people want to be under RMA's care. It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Thankfully, my insurance covered every procedure and the medication.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon told us that for my age (under 35) and good health, it wasn't necessary to do multiple embryo transfers.

2015 - 2019, Successful
I remember him [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] starting me low on clomid then slowly increasing the dosage. Same goes for all other medications as he was proceeding carefully...recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age being that I was categorized as high risk...was sympathetic, caring, took his time explaining things, positive and optimistic about the entire process. I never felt rushed or like I was another number on his schedule. He made me feel confident in the process and was just very sweet overall. I trusted him with the process as well. He showed compassion when I had a miscarriage (without doing IVF as it just happened naturally without doing an IVF cycle).
The clinic [RMA of New York] is clean and organized. The staff wore gloves when doing procedures or drawing blood. The place was sanitary including the bathroom. The location of the office was easy to get to and the office was easy to find. I don’t think I have any weaknesses to include...Everyone in the office was amazing and great. Very friendly, informative and always explained things clearly...Monitoring hours was a breeze. Sometimes the office would be very busy, but it was most efficient and worked well with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Klein was sympathetic, caring, took his time explaining things, positive and optimistic about the entire process. I never felt rushed or like I was another number on his schedule. He made me feel confident in the process and was just very sweet overall. I trusted him with the process as well. He showed compassion when I had a miscarriage (without doing IVF as it just happened naturally without doing an IVF cycle). I always felt excited to see him because he was always positive and showed encouragement that everything will be fine and work out. He was never negative or quiet. He explained everything in detail and answered all my questions promptly and accurately. He is very knowledgeable and offered great recommendations towards which route to take to conceive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein is very trustworthy and knows what he’s doing. You’re in good hands if you see him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I remember him starting me low on clomid then slowly increasing the dosage. Same goes for all other medications as he was proceeding carefully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yenisse Hernandez )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean and organized. The staff wore gloves when doing procedures or drawing blood. The place was sanitary including the bathroom. The location of the office was easy to get to and the office was easy to find. I don’t think I have any weaknesses to include.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
I don’t remember but it was covered through my insurance except for copays and certain deductibles.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age being that I was categorized as high risk. He felt confident in that recommendation and I trusted him.
Westchester

He [Dr. Matthew Lederman] was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle...is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities...I was 39 and hypertensive when I met with Dr. Lederman at the time. He came up with a medication regimen based on that and my reproductive history. New Patient Advice
They [nurses of RMA of New York] were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful...My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses...I saw Dr. Lederman mainly in the Westchester office were everyone was lovely and the office was in a lovely building. That office is light and bright also very clean. I came in before work which was perfect for me and usually I was seen quickly but sometimes I had to wait awhile on a busy day. The Eastside office was big and busy. I wish that office was brighter but they move quicker there because all the labs are done there.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities.
Ask him all the questions you want so that you can fully understand him and the process.
He was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy and Norma Gaytan)
They were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses. A few of the expenses were things my husband and I opted for to insure a positive result.
He said right away because of my hypertension he was only transferring one embryo at a time.
NY - Eastside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Mukherjee is extremely client-oriented, pays attention to the individual patient and kindly explains the reasoning for suggested treatment. Provides options, discussed details and really wants to have his patient on board, feeling comfortable with the treatment decision. ... Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart.
The clinic [RMA of New York] is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. ... It [Monitoring appointments] was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. ... I mostly worked with Julie [nurse], who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Mukherjee offers a wonderful experience to his patients, as much as this is possible under circumstances. He works in concert with his nursing staff and I feel he tailors treatment to the specific and unique needs of every patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
You'll have a wonderful experience with this doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee tried different protocols in my case (very light/mini, conventional, agonist and antagonist) and adjusted as we went along. Every change made sense, and I felt I was with a doctor who sincerely only had my best interest at heart. It was with his help and open, innovative approach, that I actually had a pregnancy for the first time in 3 years of trying (it was unfortunately lost to a miscarriage, but there was a pregnancy with my own eggs).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
All the nurses and care coordinators were truly. I mostly worked with Julie, who is wonderful - always responsive, compassionate, understanding, always had time for an extra chat and was ready to share additional views and advice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is located in an accessible location, has staff that is easy to talk to - from the nurses, billing, to the lab and doctors. The waiting room could sometimes feel crowded but they have recently made significant improvements in the environment and also in the speed of service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, at times felt crowded but was manageable. The staff were always helpful and one could see everyone was trying their best and communicating really with each other, which can give a lot of confidence to patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Some of the treatments were covered by my insurance but this had quickly run out. The costs were reasonable compared to other clinics fo the same category.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
n/a - this doctor did what was best for the individual patient with an intention to achieve positive results
NY - Eastside

I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup.... Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther.
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA NY. They were organized, on the ball, and compassionate. I felt like they were on the top of their game and like I wasn't going to fall through the cracks... They are a well-oiled machine. Monitoring hours can get quite busy, but they are organized and it goes pretty quickly. They also have several other locations throughout NYC and you can go to any of those locations for monitoring during the week, which is nice.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther. it was reassuring to know that he was constantly reviewing my case, rather than applying a generic protocol
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
If you're looking for someone who is overly emotive or compassionate, he may not be for you. But he is a kind person and I felt that he was paying attention to me as a patient. Which is what mattered to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup. He was on top of my cycle and was willing to make tweaks mid-cycle increase my success
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Grunfeld had me prime with estrogren patches and Ganirelix before my cycle began, then I did 14 days of 300 Gonal -F and Menopure once my cycle started. He started me out on 2 amps of Menopure but eventually upped my dose to 3 in hopes of getting a better response. I also took Ganirelix for 4 days toward the end. I triggered with lupron and novarell. I'm 41 and developed 9 follicles between my two ovaries. He was happy with this.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA NY was very organized! I've been to other large clinics that operate in a similar way (eg factory style monitoring hours), but never felt the others were as organized and on top of things as RMA. They called my prescriptions in in a timely manner, were very detailed in their daily instructions and blood work results. I felt like I was taken care of. The only downside (which didn't bother me) is that it can get quite busy during monitoring hours. But because they are so organized, and have the s$!t together, it didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
The total cost of treatment (not including meds) is about $15,000 for IVF plus ICSI
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't gotten this far yet.
Lawrence Grunfeld
NY - Eastside

[Dr. Lucky Sekhon] really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient...answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable...decided we would incorporate clomid into my protocol with injectables since I have an excellent response with that...did a closely monitored TI with a trigger shot and I fell pregnant...do not think it would've happened without her guidance, reassurance and just generally easing my anxiety
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location [RMA of New York]. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier...the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call...The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little...[nurses] are very informed and answers questions with ease.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is such a breath of fresh air compare to my last RE. She is kind, respectful, detailed in her responses and generally seems to care. She never makes you feel like you are a number. She really knows what she is talking about and is on top of all the latest studies and treatment options. She never just does something because that is just what is typically done. She really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. She has also been through IVF herself so she actually knows what her patients are going through physically and mentally. I cannot recommend her more.
Be completely open and honest with her. Tell her all the supplements you are taking, she will tell you which ones you actually need, unlike many who say you don't need to take anything. Ask her lots of questions in general. She will answer them all even if they seem ridiculous.
Dr Sekhon really takes the time to talk to you and work with you on your treatments. She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself. She just really gets it and understands its not just the infertility that needs to be treated, its also the anxiety that goes along with it. She works really hard to set your mind at ease. She doesn't sugarcoat, but she is also not cold and matter of fact like many RE's are.
We did 3 clomid and one gonal-f, then one clomid & gonal-f iui cycles with her that were all unsuccessful. We decided to go back to TI, while waiting to begin a very tailored IVF protocol. Dr Sekhon decided we would incorporate clomid into my protocol with injectables since I have an excellent response with that. I had 5 follicles with just gonal-f and clomid. We did a closely monitored TI with a trigger shot and I fell pregnant March 2020. My baby is due in November 2020. Thankfully this all happened since Covid would have absolutely set us back. Even though this pregnancy did happen "naturally", I do not think it would've happened without her guidance, reassurance and just generally easing my anxiety. Infertility takes away so much more than just your ability to have a baby. There needs to be more RE's like Dr Sekhon out there. She is your biggest advocate, and at the end of the day, that is what you need most on this journey. Not someone trying to hit numbers, but someone who really truly wants you to get pregnant no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt )
The nurses on Dr Sekhon's staff are great. They always call you right back. They are very informed and answers questions with ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. But the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call, but I think that is true for just about every practice at the larger locations. The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little.
IVF is around 15k minus cost of meds and IUI runs around $350 w/o insurance.
She said because we already had one child she recommends one embryo transfer since we do not want to have more than 2 kids.
NY - Downtown
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable.... He responds to emails within minutes, he’s aware of how we’re feeling and what’s important, and he’s very bright and knowledgeable. I trust him entirely with our care, and I believe our best interests are what’s most important to him.
RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments.... Marlene is friendly, warm, and thorough. I know she is good at what she does and I feel like I’m in good hands.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Expect efficiency. It may seems like he’s rushing at times, but if you have questions and concerns, he’ll answer them thoroughly. If you think of something later, he’s very reachable.
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable. Well-Oiled in the best way, and very bright.
My husband and I are currently waiting for my thyroid hormones to normalize before we begin our first cycle. I am unsure of what particular strategies and protocols are required, but I honestly trust his judgement while-heartedly. We will have to do the ICSI procedure due to medical necessity. Dr Klein’s people are in contact with our male fertility specialist, and this communication is so helpful so my husband and I don’t have to worry about being the messenger. Between our doctors, I know we’re in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Thorough care for my husband and myself. RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments. Staff training is very hands on, and RMA has obviously high standards in choosing employees.
Unsure of cost as our insurance covers these services.
We have not discussed this yet.
Westchester
My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him...talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information n
RMA of NY is a big place. People refer to fertility clinics/offices in NYC as factories, but I never felt this way at RMA. In fact, every morning (and there are lots of early mornings for monitoring), i was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. There is a large staff, but you will recognize the same familiar faces, especially when going in several times per week. I wasn't there long enough to know everyone on a first name basis, but I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was recommended to me by my OBGYN, and I could not have been more pleased with him and of course - with the end result - my daughter!! From the start, Dr. Lederman made my husband and I feel comfortable and at ease about the fertility process. Of course, we were nervous walking into our first appointment. (We were in unchartered territory and were surprised by the fact that we even needed fertility support to begin with.) After our initial appointment, we left feeling confident that we would be able to expand our family, and less than a year later, we did! Dr. Lederman talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information needed to make an informed decision about how to proceed. Although I was a bit weary of an IUI working (from talking to my friends and their experiences), my husband and I decided to proceed with an IUI as it was less invasive. I did not expect that it would work, especially on our first try, but it did and we are forever grateful! In the weeks following our positive pregnancy test, Dr. Lederman met with me to perform ultrasounds and check the status of our baby. He was genuinely so happy for us, and I cannot thank him enough for his support, encouragement and positivity along the way. Although my time with Dr. Lederman was short, (which is a good thing!), I would highly recommend him as someone to take this fertility journey with. In fact, when the time comes for us to expand our family again, we will most certainly be going back to Dr. Lederman.
One piece of advice I would suggest is to write down all of your questions. Dr. Lederman is patient and well informed. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and even twice if you don't initially understand. Writing everything down is important so that you leave your consultation having all of the facts and information you need! (If you forget, don't worry - Dr. Lederman quickly replies to emails!)
Dr. Lederman was the perfect match for me from the start! As soon as I met him, I felt like he was someone who I would trust to take this journey with. He spent an hour with my husband and I, getting to know us, our fertility goals, reviewing previous testing, helping us understand our next steps, going over options and reassuring us that with patience and time, our goal would be met. My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him.
Dr. Lederman suggested that we start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Letrozole in the days leading up to my IUI. Due to an insurance mix up at the pharmacy, I had to get Clomid instead. (They both do the same thing and in the end it worked for me!) I also did one trigger shot the night before the IUI. While on the table getting my IUI, I was talking to Dr. Lederman about scheduling my next IUI because I was going away for winter break and wanted to find out whether or not I could squeeze it in before my trip. He looked at me and said, "Let's give this one a chance and then we'll talk." Well - he was right!! I ended up pregnant and my next visit with him was to have an ultrasound to check for a sac. I went to Dr. Lederman for ten weeks, then graduated and went to a new OBGYN (recommended by Dr. Lederman). In those ten weeks, I had a million more questions than I had during my initial consultation. Dr. Lederman and his team were there to support me during this time. All of my questions were answered and I was extremely pleased with the close monitoring of my baby. **I didn't write a review until after my daughter was born as I was superstitious - but I am forever grateful to Dr. Lederman for helping me expand my family. He made this difficult process, extremely positive and calming. **
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman's primary nurse went on maternity leave early in my process, but everyone at RMA was extremely thorough, kind, supportive, friendly and easy to talk to! I always felt welcomed in the office or on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Every insurance is different. I suggest making sure that you call your insurance provider prior to your visit to find out what is covered. Luckily, I only had to pay a co-pay for each visit/ultrasound.
NY - Westside

I feel doctor Davis cares deeply about my case, but he is not the type of doctor to get extremely personal or send follow up texts after a failed cycle. He is very straight forward and matter of fact. For me it works, because it gives me great confidence in him. He has a warm personality and has never made a consultation feel rushed.... I have a lot of questions and he answers them thoughtfully and thoroughly. During my procedures I have always felt I was in the most capable hands.
I am thrilled with Dr.Davis, his receptionist, nurse, and all of the staff [at RMA of NY] who draw blood during monitoring hours. These are the people I see most often on my visits. I have not been as happy with the coordinators, but I deal with them a lot less... Including meds I think I paid around 850-900 per IUI cycle. Including meds, ICSI & PGS testing I expect to pay somewhere around 32K for my upcoming IVF cycle
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
I am very happy with the care I have received from doctor Davis. For me he is a great fit. I have a lot of questions and he answers them thoughtfully and thoroughly. During my procedures I have always felt I was in the most capable hands. I only once felt unsatisfied. I was prescribed a medication before a procedure that had pretty bad side effects (extreme cramping and a lot of bleeding). I was not told about the side effects by my doctor, nurse, or pharmacy. I am assuming Dr. Davis thought I would be told about the side effects by the nurse, or that they would atleast be included in the booklet that comes with the medication. It was very upsetting at the time, but I don't even know who is to blame. That is my only negative experience thus far, and I believe it was an honest mistake.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Dr Davis is a wonderful doctor with a great personality. At times I feel like a number, but that is due to the high number of patients that visit his office. There are only 2 doctors at his location, and at times there are a 10 or more patients in the waiting room during monitoring hours. I think that is just a testament to what a good practice it is, and it does not hinder me in any way from going there. I believe I am receiving the best care at RMA. I think if you want to be educated about your care by a doctor that you like as a person, than Dr. Davis is a good fit for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Davis, both with clomid and ovidrel. I did not have success with either cycle, but I was fully educated about my likelyhood of a pregnancy before proceeding. I intended on doing a third IUI, but the doctor saw a uterine polyp on my last ultrasound that needs to be removed. I am turning 37 and feel I don't want to delay any longer, so I will do an egg retrieval this month, remove the polyp the following month, and then do a frozen transfer after I recover from the polyp surgery.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am thrilled with Dr.Davis, his receptionist, nurse, and all of the staff who draw blood during monitoring hours. These are the people I see most often on my visits. I have not been as happy with the coordinators, but I deal with them a lot less.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
Joseph Davis

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Flisser is a very kind, very warm man who really cared when speaking to us and always took as much time as was necessary to explain his thoughts on our treatment and why we were doing what we were doing...Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors....We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical.... He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
this is a very large practice [RMA] and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient...once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal... it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours...Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors. The group seems to help set the overall standards of what is considered appropriate treatments and Flisser must work within those standards. He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Speak as much as possible, the more he knows the better he is able to treat you. Be an active participant in your medical care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical. The cycles all started with differing levels of Follistim and Menopur, followed by Ganirelix. We shifted from a Lupron trigger to a larger HCG trigger as our treatments progressed. We went in to the Garden City office for monitoring (blood and sono) during weekdays (we needed to run to the main Manhattan office on weekends). We would do a retrieval in Manhattan, followed by a fresh transfer on Day 5 (RMA only offers Day 5 transfers) and we always forewent PGS genetic testing. Our second cycle did produce a positive pregnancy result, but only lasted seven weeks until a miscarriage occurred. As we progressed in our cycles, we also decided to explore other, complimentary, options to our medical treatment. These ranged from added vitamins and antioxidants to thrice weekly acupuncture to more experimental methods involving immune-therapy. Dr Flisser was mostly receptive to our concerns, but did tell us when he thought these alternative methods would interfere with our regular regimen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate. (We had a different financial coordinator). Olga was not in charge of the day to day blood testing, that was Chrisi, who was always fantastic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You should be aware that this is a very large practice and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient. However, a crowded waiting room does not mean that you are part of a conveyor belt, once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal. A large practice gives many pluses and minuses, and you should think about what you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is a large practice and it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours. However, my wife and I had a great deal of flexibility in our morning schedules, which allowed us to handle the monitoring quite easily, your results may vary.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
The costs were considerable, but we were fortunate enough to have very good insurance and our insurance company classified this place as a "center of excellence" which offered it's own significant advantages. We also had a finance coordinator who took care of our billing for us.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
In general, Dr Flisser is open to lots of different approaches, but does work from the overall statistics about what works best for the most people. This is a great overall approach, but may not work for everyone by definition, so it is important to be active in your own care.
Eric Flisser

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Stein was always honest about what to expect. This was helpful especially during the times when things did not go as I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that I could email Dr. Stein at any point with any question and he would answer promptly. I was a worrier throughout the process and he definitely eased my mind on multiple occasions. This is not an easy process for anyone but I always felt that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein knew exactly how to achieve the best possible result given my situation.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours [at RMA-West Side]. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I was treated by Dr. Stein in 2014/2015 and then again in 2017/2018. He was recommended to me by my ObGyn who is absolutely fantastic. Throughout the treatment I felt very confident that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein will achieve the best possible outcome. He was always honest with me and, most importantly, was available to answer any questions via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Focus on what's important which is being treated by a knowledgeable doctor who has a wealth of experience and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with IUI. I got pregnant on the second try but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. We tried two more IUIs and then switched to IVF. The first egg retrieval was not successful as only 1 embryo survived and it did not pass the genetic testing. The second try was successful and we ended up with 3 healthy embryos. We did 3 transfers. 1 resulted in our beautiful son. The second resulted in a miscarriage. And the third one resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Due date is in September 2018.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza was great. She guided me through every treatment. He attitude was always so positive and she always seemed like she was happy to see me and genuinely wished me well. The coordinators are good but not great. The main reason is that they are not as organized as some of the other staff. You really have to be on top of them to ensure that you get the right medication and everything is received timely.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are every day from 7am until 8:30am (plus minus 30 minutes as I do not remember exactly). The later you come the more people are waiting. For the most part, the wait was not long. If you arrive early then there might not even be a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Most of the treatments were covered by my insurance. However, the genetic testing was out of pocket.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I am not exactly sure if there is a preference but all of my transfers were single embryo transfers and we never really discussed it to be anything else.
NY - Westside

He [Dr. Stein] diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe...He is very direct...if that is off-putting, you may want to reconsider. I loved his blunt approach and his honesty. He also has a great sense of humor... He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
My care coordinator Nicole [at RMA of New York] was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous...Monitoring hours are in the morning. However, it runs very smoothly and I was never sitting around waiting for more than 20 to 30 minutes...and those waits were usually on the weekend. On weekdays, I hardly waited at all and could go to monitoring and still be on time for work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is not the most "warm and fuzzy", but he is very compassionate and very direct. It is obvious that he cares about every patient that walks into his office. He is efficient and he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've met. He diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe.
Always addressed by name. Always saw a doctor during my visits. Emails and phone calls addressed rapidly.
1. He diagnosed me with PCOS (first time anyone said this to me fyi) and put me on metformin to improve my egg quality and my response to my drugs. 2. He said that my ovaries were very responsive and used lower doses of stimulation drugs for my IVF so I'd be more comfortable would have fewer side effects. 3. He set me up with a nutritionist so that I could lose weight and learn how to eat better for a person with PCOS (and I lost 60 pounds!). 4. He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
My care coordinator Nicole was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - thorough, efficient, multiple locations, everyone works together, very clear financial information Weaknesses - everything is done at the Madison Avenue location on weekends and it can be very busy with a bit of a wait
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My costs were predominantly covered by our insurance. However, we spent approximately $700 to $800 in lab fee copays and office copays and our medications cost us roughly $2000 to $3000.
Dr. Stein ONLY does single embryo transfers. We discussed the trade-offs and I was comfortable given my age and the higher risks of complications and pre-term labor with multiples.
NY - Westside

Dr. Lederman made me feel like a person and less like a number, considering the amount of patients he sees. He has excellent beside manner and answered all of my questions to ensure I understood my options, the treatment and the process... He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I think the clinic [RMA of New York] is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job...Julia, the coordinator was great. Always available and an excellent main point of contact for questions or to reach out to other members of the team. Erin and Martha are two of Dr. Lederman's nurses and they were always kind, answered any questions and gave you a call with your lab results and medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman explained my options and tried to give me the pros/cons for each based on my health history and age. He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I would say, do some research before going to the first appointment so you can ask all the questions you may have. Also, note that you may not see him during monitoring since the doctors rotate days to perform monitoring and retrieval but he is available if needed through the process.
Based on my personal health and situation, it was decided to do IVF with freeze all cycle. I have some eggs frozen for future use and then added two cycles to fertilize the eggs and transfer embryos. I had two cycles and after having three healthy embryos (after performing PGS testing), I got pregnant after the first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin and Martha)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinic is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The system worked and it was pretty quick. Only on weekends when everyone needs to go to one clinic located on the East side the wait would be a little longer but never more than 20-30 minutes.
Egg freezing was out of pocket but the IVF cycles were covered by insurance and I was responsible for the regular copayments.
Based on my age, it was not recommended to have more than one embryo transferred. I believe it is RMA's policy to transfer only one embryo which I agree to, multiples can result in a high risk pregnancy and my age already pushes me towards that.
NY - Westside

I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He [Dr. Alan Copperman] suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
They [RMA of NY-Eastside] are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman was extremely warm and understanding when I met with him during my initial consult. He was happy to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. He was realistic but not an alarmist. He also understood my mental and emotional state. I had come to him after my second chemical pregnancy in the 10 months I had been trying. He didn't initially propose the most aggressive course of treatment, but set my expectations as to when I should pursue those options. He did my IUI, and saw me during what was apparently a more critical monitoring session, and then was there to discharge me on my last visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Come in prepared to ask questions! He is really smart and moves quickly, but if you have questions, he is really patient, thorough and informative. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I expected to see a different doctor every time I went to the office based on the review that I saw. I did see a few others, but Dr Copperman did my IUI, and saw me for 1-2 monitoring appointments as well as my last visit during which I was discharged. The nurses and staff are so friendly - Leyla and Jordyn (his nurses) are always available over email - they are friendly, informative and their responses are personalized.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla, Jordyn)
Leyla and Jordyn were awesome! I think they both sensed how nervous I was so they always called w/ my results within a few hours of my morning visits. I often wrote them emails with questions about my results or symptoms I was experiencing, and they both wrote back immediately everything - they were very helpful and reassuring. Both were a really calming influence and amazing resource during my time at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Including the frozen sperm, the IUI cost less than $1000. Each visit with bloodwork and an ultrasound would be about $40 after insurance.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.

2018, Consult
She [Dr. McAvey] informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
The wait [at RMA Westside] was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience was an eye opener on the reality of IVF treatment. I’ve always been afraid and believed it was a complicated process. Doctor McAvey made it sound very simple and hopeful. When we were unsure about the condition of my tubes she did a pelvic ultrasound immediately. We seemed like she genuinely cared about my husband and I and our journey. After having 4 ectopic pregnancies she showed tremendous compassion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to communicate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
I felt like a number because she was very candid, optimistic, and seemed generally interested in helping my husband and I concieve. She informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Before I could start IVF treatment I would need surgery to have my right Fallopian tube removed. Because it is filled with fluid there is a risk the the embryo can travel up in the tube. After this procedure I can start taking the meds which enables me to produce more eggs. During this time my husband and I were instructed to have blood work completed. I informed her that I would begin working for NYC DOE and she suggested that I should wait to being treatment because of the cost and my insurance as a NYC DOE teacher would cover IVF cost. This was heartbreaking to hear, however I have been trying to accept the reality that I will have to wait before I can begin this journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I dont have her name on hand)
The coordinator was helpful is describing the next steps. She provided me with all her available contact information which was comforting.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The wait was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
$375-$30,000
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside

Dr. Sandler always explains me for everything. And to the point. I get the result with satisfaction. Couple times he did ultrasound for me due to my poor egg quality, so he can decide that time what next step. For me it’s good, he take care of patient as a human. He can answer all my questions. I always happy with his answer. ...He would do 2 embryos transfer not more than that. ... For the 2nd time he willing to try again even my change only egg donor. Give me hope.
The clinic is nice and clean. The staff all friendly from front desk , financial , nurse. They are informative. The only thing is I wish the clinic can accept my insurance. Other than that I was happy with RMA.. ... The nursing staff is the best. They always available when I call them. And help me with anything. ... For the whole treatment around $11,000 not including the medication from the beginning to beta test. Unfortunately the refund my money since we canceled my cycle due to my egg not respond to medicatio
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Joan straight to the point
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Doctor Sandlers was nice to explain me everything. When the 1st cycle with him, couple time he did the ultrasound during the injection timeline instead of the tech, since I have serious low egg quality. For the 2nd time he willing to try again even my change only egg donor. Give me hope.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
1st cycle , I took gonal F , menopur for morning and night. The day 2 showed up 4 eggs but in the day 5 all gone. And we canceled the treatment. 2nd cycle , Gonal F and menopur higher doses and not worked either. We had to cancel it again. My poor eeg quality didn’t respond to medication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
For the whole treatment around $11,000 not including the medication from the beginning to beta test. Unfortunately the refund my money since we canceled my cycle due to my egg not respond to medication.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I haven’t go through to retrieve yet. So I can’t comment anything. But from the beginning. He would do 2 embryos transfer not more than that.
Benjamin Sandler
NY - Eastside

As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs..Due to only getting two embryo's to blast after being PGD/PGS tested both embryo's came back normal and without the genetic factor. eSET was recommended due to the limited amount of PGS/PGD normal blasts we had and we did not want to potentially loose both of them in a multiple embryo transfer and be left with nothing.
RMA has a great selection of Dr's and great team of personnel who is personable and caring during your Infertility treatments. I was treated like a person and not a number at all the stages of my IVF journey and at each clinic I visited for monitoring/retrieval/transfer...Martha [nurse] was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a wonderful, kind and understanding Dr. who focused solely on our infertility issues at hand and remained positive and provided encouragement when outcomes didn't go in our favor. He was always available for a phone call and always responded to my emails at all times of the day and on weekends. I always had a lot of questions and concerns and he was always there to calm me down and assure me that everything was ok. His communication skills and ability to make you feel like a person and not another infertility statistic is his top strengths as a doctor. Through his positive support and perseverance we were able to achieve a favorable outcome and a successful transfer in October 2018. Our miracle baby Girl was born in July 2019 and we owe all our success to him!
Trust his plan of action! I was skeptical at first, but he knows what is best for every individual case!
Dr. Lederman was very personable and caring during my IVF treatment. He was always available to talk and emailed me back promptly with any questions or concerns that I had. He was extremely supportive of my infertility case and due to being a genetic carrier and undergoing PGD/PGS embryo testing, he was very positive that we would achieve a favorable outcome!
As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs. Dr. Lederman increased the use of Menopur and Gonal F after the first round yielded only a few eggs. On my third round I produced 2x the amount of eggs from my first round and two of the embryo's made it to the blast/frozen stage and were sent for PGD/PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy)
Martha was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7am-9:30am. I was able to go in before work and complete monitoring before my work day started.
Costs were covered by our Insurance plan.
Westchester

I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal...He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
The organisation at the clinic [RMA] is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off...$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo...having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Very knowledge and I felt 100% confident in his abilities. He is very fixed on his way which seems to work. He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
Talk about the risks of multiple cycles to your body? Having had 8 cycles I do worry that I'd doing long term damage to myself. Also PGS - is it really really worth it? What if you're throwing away good embryos - what is the risk of that?
Direct but honest and caring
Antagonist for 2 cycles. I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam M)
The organisation at the clinic is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinical strength of the team and also having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient but it is a cattle call and horrible on the weekend when everyone decends on this clinic. I hated that
$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo which is very reasonable)
1 as we only had 1 at this clinic so wasn't an option to transfer more
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him...We did a normal range of tests and then tried 2 IUIs before I had to switch practices for insurance purposes...I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed.
I only dealt with the nursing staff [at RMA of New York] for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate...I wasn't comfortable in the huge waiting room where I felt like I might run into people I know; I wish they offered some private areas. Dr. Copperman's coordinator's were really kind and available. I appreciated that. Any staff member I interacted with was compassionate and considerate. I felt like I could ask questions, and also, I felt like I could reach a real person when I needed to. It was as pleasant as dealing with infertility could be.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him.
Ask all the questions you have. He's very helpful and willing to spend time with you.
Dr. Copperman was extremely warm and compassionate. I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed. I was very comfortable speaking with him. The only reason I switched doctors was for insurance purposes, and I actually went back to consult with him a year later. He was wonderful and offered all the help he could.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I only dealt with the nursing staff for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I had some insurance coverage in the beginning (when I saw Dr. Copperman) and so part of my fees were covered by insurance. I think the out of pocket cost for a visit was $305.
NY - Eastside

During my care under Dr. Mukherjee, he is blunt with me and my husband; the direct to the point as to what why our IVF failed. He called us for a follow up after the failed IVF which is the way it is supposed to be. I find it as a "closure" to a failed cycle. He took the time to explained us what happened and what is the next step. ... He also would take in consideration my suggestions/inquiries
RMA of NY can be very crowded especially in the monitoring hours. ... The phlebotomist are nice and the staff that help during the ultrasound are also very nice. Be prepared also to be seen by different doctors for the ultrasound as they rotate their days in coming in early during monitoring hours. ...They also have a urologist in site and whenever we saw him for my husband, we are in the waiting area with other people.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Strengths: very knowledge about our treatments and possible causes of failure. He recommended things that could help improve egg quality (which I didn't do since I went to a different doctor who didn't recommend them). He also would take in consideration my suggestions/inquiries. I asked about improving sperm quality - use of Clomid which help increased my husband's morphology size. He would answer my email by the end of the day Weakness: I would see a different doctor during monitoring hours.
Prepare your questions ahead of time. Take the time to write down your questions. He will give you % of your chances for treatments just be prepared that it might not be what you expect.
I was given percentages of our chances for IUI and IVF sadly all failed - this made me feel like a number. During my care under Dr. Mukherjee, he is blunt with me and my husband; the direct to the point as to what why our IVF failed. He called us for a follow up after the failed IVF which is the way it is supposed to be. I find it as a "closure" to a failed cycle. He took the time to explained us what happened and what is the next step.
He used the antagonist protocol, freeze all then frozen embryo transfer. I got follistim, menopur (forgot the dosages) then ganirelix then Lupron trigger. My husband took antibiotics prior to egg retrieval. After egg retrieval, I was given antibiotics. Then was started on estrace, Medrol. Then progesterone injections after transfer. I had 24 eggs retrieved; 4 PGS - 3 abnormal, 1 limited amplification but with repeat PGS that embryo was normal.
I had an amazing primary nurse, Julie. She is such a hard worker, very compassionate, communicates well (phone & email). I don't feel rushed when talking to the phone with her. She would even answer her email even if she is off! (this shows dedication to her patients & work). The rest of the nursing staff is also great! I really love the nurses at RMA of NY. My IVF coordinator is also nice. She made sure she had everything before starting my cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY can be very crowded especially in the monitoring hours. They also have a urologist in site and whenever we saw him for my husband, we are in the waiting area with other people. They don't have a separate waiting room for patients which appointments. The site in the east side (59th St) could be very busy and sometimes we have to go to the West side for some test which is not convenient for us. Sometimes, also the wait for the monitoring hours could be long especially if you arrive after 7:30 am (they start 7 am). What I really like though with RMA is that they have 1 number for all your concerns - urgent matters, appointments, talking to your nurse); there will always be someone at the other end especially during office hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It could get busy during monitoring hours. They key is to come in early and be one of the first patients to be seen especially if an ultrasound is needed. The phlebotomist are nice and the staff that help during the ultrasound are also very nice. Be prepared also to be seen by different doctors for the ultrasound as they rotate their days in coming in early during monitoring hours.
Freeze all cycle with ICSI & PGD: $ 13, 115 Frozen Embryo transfer: $ 2, 485 Anesthesia: $ 750
Since I had PGS testing done, Dr. Mukherjee only recommended 1 normal PGS transfer.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing critical but there was 1 time I think it was for a follow up after failed IVF cycle, we were given an appointment to see Dr. Mukherjee (which he personally called us) but upon arriving, we were told by the receptionist that he is not seeing pts that day. Then I told her that we were called by Dr. Mukherjee for that day & time. We were seen that day but I was already upset at the result and to hear this. Could have prevented if the receptionist was told we are expected that day.
NY - Eastside
We did one egg retrieval [with Dr. Mukherjee] where they monitored me very closely to see how many eggs I was producing to determine when to retrieve. Only had to do one retrieval cycle - 23 eggs, resulting in 7 viable embryos. We were kept up to date every step of the way while the eggs were being fertilized, genetically tested and maturing. Round 1 embryo transfer - one embryo transferred. Unsuccessful. He told us outright he will not transfer multiple embryos because it was not worth the medical risk. Round 2 embryo transfer - one transferred. Successful. Monitored me weekly until after week 9 then released me into the care of my OB
Even with the sheer number of patients that came into the clinic, Dr Mukherjee and his staff [at RMA of New York] each called to check up on me after my miscarriage. They were always hopeful and positive that they would get and keep us pregnant and told us that repeatedly. If I had questions or concerns I always got a call back. They took every concern seriously and always explained procedures, drugs, etc.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr Mukherjee is clearly a knowledgeable doctor and knows his field. He always took the time to answer any questions either my husband or I had. Even though he was busy in the OR when I came to confirm my miscarriage he made sure that as soon as he was out, he called and spoke with me to make sure I was ok and to reassure me that he would get us pregnant. He was always calm, kind, compassionate and reassuring about the stress we were under during this process.
Don’t feel like you are burdening him with questions or concerns - voice them. He will never make you feel like you are a burden and will listen and take what you are saying seriously and into consideration.
Even with the sheer number of patients that came into the clinic, Dr Mukherjee and his staff each called to check up on me after my miscarriage. They were always hopeful and positive that they would get and keep us pregnant and told us that repeatedly. If I had questions or concerns I always got a call back. They took every concern seriously and always explained procedures, drugs, etc.
Our tests were all “normal” so he explained that we fell into the “unexplained infertility” category. As a result, we were required to do a certain number of rounds of IUI before we were eligible for IVF (by our insurance, not clinic policy). 1st IUI was successful, but resulted in miscarriage at 9 weeks. He didn’t make us wait after that to try again. The next few cycles of IUI were not successful. Then we talked about IVF. We did one egg retrieval where they monitored me very closely to see how many eggs I was producing to determine when to retrieve. Only had to do one retrieval cycle - 23 eggs, resulting in 7 viable embryos. We were kept up to date every step of the way while the eggs were being fertilized, genetically tested and maturing. Round 1 embryo transfer - one embryo transferred. Unsuccessful. He told us outright he will not transfer multiple embryos because it was not worth the medical risk. Round 2 embryo transfer - one transferred. Successful. Monitored me weekly until after week 9 then released me into the care of my OB
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Every member of the nursing team was kind and compassionate. They always made sure we had the information we needed (test results, next steps, medications, etc) and were quick to return phone calls about any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very efficient. Its probably not the environment for everyone. It’s in the city so sometimes morning bloodwork was packed and it felt like a cattle call - but staff was always helpful, polite and kind. Not everyone taking blood is good at it, but there are a few rock stars that can get blood from the worst of arms.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some days it was packed but they always moved through it as quickly and efficiently as they could. Most of all I appreciated the professionalism of the staff, including receptionists - they would take the brunt of it when it was packed with grace.
Very little because our insurance covered a large sum.
He will not do multiple embryo transfer. He stated to us that it was taking an unnecessary risk. It was ok for us because I agreed with him and only wanted singles transferred
NY - Eastside
She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day. ... During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. ... At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo.
There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff [RMA of New York] is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful. ... All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I honestly really loved Dr. Thornton. At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo. We had a particularly hard IVF cycle (8 of our 10 embryos didn’t make it after Day 4) and when I totally lost it sobbing in her office, she was so sweet and hopeful that those two embryos were all we needed. She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Definitely only see her at the Downtown office, it’s so much calmer and more pleasant. She goes back and forth between it and RMA East, but RMA East is SO much busier.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. She answered all my questions and never made me feel like I holding her up or that she was annoyed when I had a million and one questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Dr. Thorntons whole team was awesome. Clarissa did all the paperwork and was very organized and on top of her stuff. Kayla did fiances and really knew her stuff. We were self pay, and she helped us figure out of there was any way to cut some costs or make it a little lighter. Melissa is the IVF nurse and not only called with all my protocol, but would also immediately follow up with an email. When I got pregnant, I experienced a lot of spotting. Melissa was awesome about answering me by email or phone, and made sure all my neurotic questions were answered and me and baby were safe.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: The know what they’re doing. There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better. RMA downtown is a smaller practice so much better wait time and smoother experience. RMA East is their main office and incredibly busy. They definitely see pts who are bloodwork/ultrasound before those who are just bloodwork.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
We were self pay. Only thing insurance helped with was medications (which is a huge help). IUI: about $1, 500 a cycle IVF: about $16, 000 Pregnancy monitoring: about $3, 000 PSG: $150 to do it, than $150 an egg Genetic testing: $350/person Freezing costs: $1000/year
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
As a 27 year old, she was only going to do single transfers until I had had 3 transfers that didn’t take. She does allow older women to transfer 2 earlier than that.
Kimberley Thornton

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Mukherjee seemed to grieve with me when I experienced losses and cheer us on as we tried again. He knew our personal situation and inquired appropriately; he made great efforts to help us negotiate IVF process financially as we were out of pocket. He's a lovely man who seems to genuinely care for patients....He's a great, smart doctor with a lot of experience. If he's not pushed, he will tell you what he thinks and move on. But if you have questions, concerns, alternative treatment protocols, he will give them serious consideration, discuss with you and follow ultimately what you want to do (assuming it is medically sound). I suppose he would be great for a very passive patient (i.e., one who wants a doctor who sets the course without much input) or a very active one. For middle of the road types who want a bit more but don't ask for it, he may not be the right choice.
[RMA] Strengths: big, well run organization; great stats; excellent care. Weaknesses: it's huge and so can feel like a factory. Sometimes the waits for monitoring on weekends can be obscene....[Nursing staff] Alissa was great -- very organized, compassionate, and human. Same for Robin and other nurses, very clear communicators. I did have a prior coordinator who was not great and I asked to switch and was switched without a problem.I usually did monitoring in Brooklyn and it was reasonable. The Madison Ave office could be a "cattle call" and on a couple of occasions when I didn't come at the very beginning (i.e., 7am), I had to endure very long waits....
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Be proactive but trust his judgment!
Gonal F + menopur with estrogen priming Lupron microdose flare
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa (coordinator) and Robin (nurse))
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Out of pocket cycle was about $18k plus meds. I ultimately got a discount (repeat customer here!) to $12,500.
Mukherjee is very pro-PGD (as are we -- I'm 42) and so we never discussed transferring more than one healthy embryo at a time.