Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments...now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant...She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world...guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live...Estephany [our IVF Coordinator] was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments. My ability to overcome this complicated illness is due to her help and guidance. She encouraged me to continue and now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant. She is very thorough and compassionate. She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them. She had a great sense of humor, always listened to me, and she had a positive outlook on my treatment. She was very thorough during the treatment making sure that we did everything we needed to succeed. I followed her advice and now I am pregnant with my first child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Make an appointment and then let her walk you through how to succeed in your treatment. You can be open with her about any issues that you think are hindering you from having children, and she will work with you closely to solve them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich made me feel very comfortable from the start of our treatment, especially the IVF Treatment. She helped me to overcome Vaginismus so that I would be able to do treatments. It was her recommendations that allowed me to overcome this terrible illness and put me in the position to start treatment and success. She also always listened to me and our partner. Her and her staff were very detail oriented and very knowledgeable and focused on my treatment. She showed me that she understood my situation and she gave me hope that I would get pregnant. She was very detailed in the IVF Treatment, making sure that she made the proper changes during treatment so that we would succeed. Her support, encouragement, her sense of humor, her knowledge, skills, and her big heart were all very evident. I was blessed to have her as my doctor.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
IVF has two parts, an egg retrieval part in which as many eggs as possible are retrieved, and a Transfer part in which the Embryo is transferred into a woman's uterus. During the egg retrieval part of my treatment, I went for monitoring every day, and based on my blood levels and ultrasounds, Dr. Lekovich would make the necessary changes to the doses in my treatment. During the transfer stage, I had to go to monitoring a few times a week. Dr. Lekovich made sure to do everything possible to get optimal results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Our IVF Coordinator was Estephany Jimenez. Estephany was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world. Dr. Lekovich's guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live. The clinic is very thorough about your treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has many offices, we did our monitoring in Long Island, which was closer to us.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich's approach with regard to the amount of embryos transferred is based on a model that RMA follows. Since my wife was young, she only put in one embryo for the transfer.
Brooklyn

Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc...[he] did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
The [RMA of NY] clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well...I had insurance and paid about $4000 out of pocket to reach out of pocket max and deductible...[nurses are] Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc. I would recommend him to others and I plan to have additional treatments with him as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Have all of your questions ready to ask and be comfortable asking them. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Flisser’s team of nurses for assistance as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser has been great each time I met with him - clear, understanding and compassionate. He knows what he’s doing for sure. RMA has a team approach so he wasn’t the doctor doing my embryo transfer. I understood that would be the case but I wasn’t comfortable with the doc that did the transfer as he voiced his opinion on genetic testing right before the transfer (and his opinion differed from Dr. Flisser’s which made me uncomfortable in my choice not to do testing).
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Flisser did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great! Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient and very well run always.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Given that the embryos weren’t blasocyst it made sense to transfer 2.

2016 - 2020, Successful
[Dr.Eric Flisser] looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation...the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos.
after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth...The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched...Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I am so thankful for having switched clinics to see Dr. Flisser. I wasted my time and money on 2 IVF cycles at a previous (also well-known) clinic. From the first day I stepped into Dr. Flisser's office, I felt comfortable. He was the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos. Dr. Flisser is a genius. He looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation. He always had answers that made sense and was always available to speak over the phone or email. I couldn't be more thankful for Dr. Flisser. He is the reason that my husband and I have our children!
Don't walk, RUN! Eric Flisser is a superhero of the infertility world.
I've had experience at multiple fertility clinics. Most often, these clinics can be compared to factories. But the truth is, after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth. Some might view this like a factory but I view it like an efficient machine that wastes no time. Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
Egg Retrieval using a Menopur-only protocol with lupron trigger. Dr. Flisser explained that my history of secondary amenorrhea may have resulted in "faulty" LH/FSH hormones and thus a Menopur cycle was a good option. We also did a freeze-all cycle for PGS-testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
Very communicative and available via email and phone when needed. No complaints!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is factory and this is a GOOD thing! It is a well-oiled machine! The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched. If you're looking for efficiency and answers then RMA is the place. You will not waste your time here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Very efficient. No complaints.
$30,000 IVF cycle
Given my young age and the quality of our embryos, Dr. Flisser was confident in transferring just 1 embryo. We trusted his expertise with this decision and are thankful for listening to him.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications
Taraneh Nazem
NY - Eastside

We like that Dr. Sekhon took the time to get to know us, our goals, problems, frustrations, etc. She took the time to explain everything to us and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. I think she genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to speak with us on multiple occasions during off hours...We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
Our primary nurse [at RMA of New York] was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great...Monitoring hours was our least favorite part of the experience with RMA. You could end up waiting up to 30 minutes and you are not sure what doctor you are going to see. They have so many patients that sometimes you feel like the doctor is a bit rushed. They also only have so much time to review your chart prior to coming into the room. The nursing staff and team that drew blood were incredible. Dr. Sekhon always let us know when she was going to be available for monitoring hours so we could see her. We always preferred that.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely empathetic and patient. She took extra time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable every step of the way. We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I would advise not to hold back any questions you have. Even if you think its a silly or unnecessary question, you should still ask. Dr. Sekhon is happy to take the time to make sure you understand everything and are comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. We did 2 cycles of timed intercourse. Dr. Sekhon quickly determined that I had a hormone and that timed intercourse / IUI would not work. She recommended IVF. We did 9 days of hormone injections prior to the egg retrieval which resulted in 39 eggs. We ultimately got 15 healthy and genetically tested embryos. We successfully got pregnant on the 1st embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Our primary nurse was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The thing that stood out to us is how large of a clinic this was. The positive part about this is that they obviously have great experience. Dr. Sekhon mentioned to us that whenever they are reviewing test results, discussing medication plans, etc. - multiple doctors are looking at it and coming to a decision as a team. The negative part about the size of the clinic is something you feel like the specifics of your fertility issue might get a little lost in the shuffle. For example, we had certain coordinators or nurses call us that didn't really know much about our situation, which could be frustrating at times. We'd just recommend that any new patient be an advocate for themselves. If you don't feel comfortable any point just get in touch with your specific doctor or nurse as needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
All in we spent approximately $15,000-$17,000 including everything.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Mukherjee was always available to answer questions and even answered emails when [OutOfOffice]...He called me personally after failed clomid rounds and made sure i knew what the plan was and reassured me...He was always transparent and shared statistics based on my specific situation...I did not realize that I wouldn't see my specific doctor during every monitoring appt but I didn't mind..
The Nursing staff was incredibly helpful answering many email questions and clarifications along the way. They helped me resolve pharmacy issues and always made sure I was on track with monitoring etc...Prior to going to RMA i read that it can be a bit of a 'factory'. I would agree in that it's very efficient but i feel like i was treated like a person and that the doctors really did take their time with me during my appointments
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was always available to answer questions and even answered emails when OOO. He called me personally after failed clomid rounds and made sure i knew what the plan was and reassured me. He also did not push too far ahead and never pushed a more invasive treatment on me. He was always transparent and shared statistics based on my specific situation. I felt at ease knowing he was managing this. As a patient, I do thing is important to do a little homework and ask questions. I always came to appointments with questions and i felt that helped me get the most out of each visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Come with questions. If you're nervous, write them down. Dr. Mukherjee is a wealth of knowledge but you need to ask the questions. Ask about statistics as well. I would get wrapped up in google often and Dr. Mukherjee was always able to give more precise guidance based on my blood results and ultrasounds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience with Dr. Mukherjee. He and his team of nurses were extremely compassionate and diligent in making sure everything was on track each cycle. Dr. Mukherjee personally called me after failed clomid rounds to reassure me, discuss next steps and answered any questions i had. His nurses were also tremendous in answering questions almost instantly and calling in prescriptions to multiple pharmacies when my primary pharmacy messed up the prescription.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of clomid and my body responded fairly well producing folicles. 2 of the cycles we triggered ovulation and one we missed because I ovulated early. Three rounds of clomid yielded no pregnancies. We moved on to Letrozole paired with IUI and that worked! If it hadn't, we would have done Letrozole with IUI 1-2 more times before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Clara)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Prior to going to RMA i read that it can be a bit of a 'factory'. I would agree in that it's very efficient but i feel like i was treated like a person and that the doctors really did take their time with me during my appointments. I did not realize that I wouldn't see my specific doctor during every monitoring appt but I didn't mind. The other doctors were still able to answer questions and I could always email Dr. Mukherjee after with any questions i thought of later. It is something to be aware of for new patients but i think thats pretty similar to other fertility offices. Once i had a positive test, I saw Dr. Mukherjee every appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
For four cycles, 2 clomid + trigger shot, 1 clomid w/o trigger and 1 Letrozole w/ IUI I believe the total costs were about 3000 USD. The majority of this was covered by insurance.
Tanmoy Mukherjee
NY - Eastside

[Dr. Thornton] always worked to let me know that she personally was handling my cycle, performed every single monitoring ultrasound herself, and was available for any and all questions. She normalized my pain and was incredibly supportive as I suffered through my miscarriage, and she remained hopeful through the next transfer that led to a pregnancy...she looked at me as an individual and clearly made personalized medical decisions for my unique clinical scenario
RMA as a practice supports single embryo transfer...[our nurse was] Bubbly, warm, and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with all of the steps in this long journey...RMA is a busy practice, which makes it a well-oiled machine. That's what you (or at least what I) want in an IVF center. Their success rates are amazing, and Dr. Thornton gives a personalized experience within an overall large practice.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Thornton. Dr. Thornton is one of the kindest, most compassionate doctors I've ever met. In a busy practice like RMA, she somehow always finds a way to make the experience feel personalized; I never felt like a number. She would spend extra time with me explaining what she saw, what the plan would be and if there were setbacks, what her plan was for next steps. Her medical decision making was thoughtful and not cookie cutter; she looked at me as an individual and clearly made personalized medical decisions for my unique clinical scenario. She has been my cheerleader and my advocate, and she possesses the perfect combination of astute intellect and compassionate care. I will be forever grateful for her incredible care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Monitor at the soho office so you get to see her as much as possible!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is truly wonderful. Kind, compassionate, and caring, she always worked to let me know that she personally was handling my cycle, performed every single monitoring ultrasound herself, and was available for any and all questions. She normalized my pain and was incredibly supportive as I suffered through my miscarriage, and she remained hopeful through the next transfer that led to a pregnancy. I will be forever grateful for Dr. Thornton's intellect, warmth, kindness, and compassion.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with 4 rounds of letrozole/IUI, then moved to IVF with antagonist cycle and freeze-all strategy for embryos to do PGT-A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Melissa Moro is a wonderful nurse. Bubbly, warm, and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with all of the steps in this long journey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
Can't remember
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA as a practice supports single embryo transfer. My embryos were genetically tested, so it makes sense to put back only one euploid embryo at a time.
Kimberley Thornton
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sandler is a no-nonsense doctor. He will explain everything to you and the evidence behind it. We tried 3 cycles of timed intercourse with letrozole and ovidrel shot without success. Afterward, he gave me a few options to continue with these medicated cycles, to try and see if my period came back, or to move on to IVF. I chose to move forward with IVF + PGT-A testing. Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. He was warm, remembered personal details about my life, and always made me feel comfortable.
RMA would send out monitoring times rather than being first-come, first-serve...The turnaround is quick, and you will get a call followed by an email that afternoon with the next steps...[nurse] Katrina is UNBELIEVABLE. Her cheerful and upbeat personality always put a smile on my face when she called. She is also extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process and can answer all of your questions in simple, easy-to-understand terms.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Trust his process. There may be some unforeseen delays (e.g. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and had to hold off on starting a cycle until 6 weeks of medication) but in the end, I am now pregnant after my first embryo transfer <9 months after my first visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler always took the time to explain our options and answer all of our questions. He did a thorough workup to figure out the cause of infertility. He remained optimistic throughout, and this put me at ease. In addition, his nurses are incredible and highly responsive.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
3 cycles of timed intercourse with lectrozole and ovidrel injection to induce ovulation. After that, we did a freeze-all IVF cycle starting with 2 weeks of OCPs (this was by choice as the timing was better for me), followed by Gonal-F and menopur for stimulation, cetrotide for ovulation suppression, and HCG+lupron for trigger (due to PCOS diagnosis, to reduce risk of OHSS)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Due to COVID, RMA would send out monitoring times rather than being first-come, first-serve. The uptown office often had a wait, especially if you were getting labs and an ultrasound. Since I live downtown, I usually scheduled my blood work only visits for the downtown location, which is smaller and gets you in and out quickly. The turnaround is quick, and you will get a call followed by an email that afternoon with the next steps. I recommend the uptown office despite the longer wait if you have a monitoring ultrasound as I had a bad experience at the downtown location. If your appointment lands on a Tuesday or Thursday, Dr. Sandler gets to do it, which is always a plus.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Fortunately, my insurance covers 3 cycles of IVF. I paid $2000 to RMA for PGT-A testing (biopsy fee/surgical fee) plus an additional $150 per embryo to invitae lab.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We did a frozen single embryo transfer since all of our embryos were PGT-A tested.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside
[Protocol with Dr. Klein] 2 IVF cycles - both antagonist - first without birth control and the second with. We needed a second cycle after all our embryos arrested on day 3 in the first cycle. The second cycle was different to help the eggs mature at the same rate to retrieve more mature eggs. Both cycles produces 18 eggs each...Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested...he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator [at RMA of New York] who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate...The office was rarely busy for morning monitoring, and my wait was typically shorter than 15 minutes. Typically, once I got called in for blood draw, the ultrasound nurse was waiting for me...The main office is in midtown Manhattan is the only clinic open during weekends and holidays, which was inconvenient for me on the rare occasion when I needed morning monitoring during the weekend. Otherwise, the staff is pleasant and friendly, phone calls and emails are always returned, and the office is clean.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If I could take Dr. Klein with me everywhere I go, I would. He is equally kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly and takes the time to answer any questions I had, sets clear expectations and fully appraises you of the risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, ask them. If you have concerns, raise them. He will take the time to answer them as best as possible and make you as comfortable as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested on the day 3 in my first IVF cycle, he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein discussed costs with us during our initail consultation. However, most costs associated with my IVF treatment were covered by insurance. I did pay for the remainder of my deductible, which was very little at this point, and for genetic testing of my self, my husband, and the embryos out of pocket, totaling approximately $4000. The cost of the anesthesiologist was not covered by insurance as she was out of network, and that cost $750 for each egg retrieval.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein is particular to elective single embryo transfers for the safety of the mother and the fetus.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation!... takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself...honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they [RMA of New York] run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to...[Dr. Sekhon] was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is patient with questions and takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself. She was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
Advocate for yourself and don’t be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions in this process. Put together a list and email them or ask for a phone consult. You will get all of your answers.
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation! Her approach was compassionate and available which was much appreciated.
Originally diagnosed with unexplained infertility with healthy AMH so we started with IUIs as a less invasive treatment. When we moved on to IVF, we started on low doses because we had responded well to Clomid. However, as it became obvious that I was a poor responder we adjusted medications each cycle (micro dose lupron, estrogen priming, lupron long cycle/fresh transfer) to maximize success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Connie is incredible. Always answered questions and made sure that I understood the results and next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA’s strengths is that there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It generally was very efficient. The weekends required longer waits because only the Eastside location remained open. Your wait time really depends on the office you go to (Soho office was generally faster than Eastside)
Our total cost to ourselves was under $3k because our insurance paid for most of it.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No concerns
NY - Downtown
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way...So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
They [RMA of New York] mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact...They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way!
Come prepared to ask any questions you have so that he can help you to get a full picture of your options and what's the best route for you:)
He was very caring and clear as he explained every single detail of what he believes is going on in my body and how we will proceed to combat it. He also made it clear that we could choose whatever route felt right for us but also explained what he would do based on our genetic testing.
We are still waiting to get that information. We will know in the next few weeks! So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My care coordinator seemed to care a lot but she neglected to keep us updated on certain things and I found myself having to email her to get information more than I would have liked. She was very positive but because she wasn't as thorough as we wanted, I sometimes got discouraged about the whole thing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted. Their phone system wasn't always the best because you always had to go through the front desk for any inquiries so you sometimes had to wait a day or two for the right person to call you back. Its best to email them directly and follow up a lot. They are however very thorough and do care so much. They want to make sure that you are fully prepared for everything you will embark on every step of the way.
My insurance did not cover ANYTHING. All in all ours will be about $20,000 altogether. Visits were $70 each. My insurance is United Healthcare Oxford (Liberty plan)
Not sure yet. We have not discussed this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact. They also didn't tell us immediately what all of the exact steps were when preparing for what we thought would be our first approach. This never happened due to my genetic results coming back with a pre-mutation. I feel like I sometimes had to call and ask things that I thought they would have told me ahead of time.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time...We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time
[RMA of New York] are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening...All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions...They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time. He never gave up on me and I was at the clinic over a year and I did not have the best attitude at the beginning. We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time. He knows what he is doing and he is honest.
Trust him and defer to him. He has so many patients and he has seen it all.
Dr. Stein clearly loves what he does and you can tell how enthusiastic he is to help each patient. He runs everything really well and just being part of the process makes you feel comfortable.
We did IUI just to see if it would work since I was only 30. When we went to IVF-it was pretty standard protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran)
All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions. It was a dramatic time for me and they were there to guide me. I am going to miss them!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA. is the best and I would recommend them to anyone. They have so many patients so that really is telling. I got the result I wanted and it seems that a lot of people do. They are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved how they were in the morning and I did not have to miss any work. They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long.
Covered by insurance! I think $15,000 was the cost. Even if not covered-well worth it!
Single
NY - Westside
Doctor Sandler is very professional and warm at the same time. He was always very precise and designed a plan that worked just for me. I was diagnosed with PCOS and the possibility of becoming pregnant were very low according to other doctors...[he] prescribed injectable medication such as Gomal F and menopeur to induce egg production for retrieval an then IVF.
They are excellent. They are very professional, warm and care about their patients. They do their very best to help you accomplish your goal of becoming a mom. The clinic is very clean and very well equipped...[nurses at RMA of NY are] Excellent and very warm and professional...Doctor Sandler and all the members of his team were always on top of everything including how I felt during the process and always offer emotional support and professional comfort when things got hard.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Doctor Sandler is very professional and warm at the same time. He was always very precise and designed a plan that worked just for me. I was diagnosed with PCOS and the possibility of becoming pregnant were very low according to other doctors . Sandler was very positive and optimistic and keep his word. Everything unfold exacally how he explained . It was not easy but he never gave up on me and thanks to him and God and his team , Iam 8 weeks pregnant and my biggest dream of having a family is about to come true. He is exceptionally good at what he does and has excellent social skill to treat his patients. I could not be happier with him.
Doctor Sandler really knows what he is doing. He is very honest and he can really do his job well. Trust him and follow his instructions and you will succeed.
Doctor Sandler prescribed injectable medication such as Gomal F and menopeur to induce egg production for retrieval an then IVF. I took the injections for 2 weeks then retrieval of eggs, five days later fresh embryo transfer, and 10 days later I was pregnant. Iam 8 weeks today and I'm very happy. Sandler made everything he said come true.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Excellent and very warm and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sandler explained to me the risk of transferring more then one embryo at a time and his opinion made a lot of sense. I agreed with him and understood why it was best to do 1 embryo at the time .
NY - Eastside
I felt confident that Dr. Stein...he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment...Strong preference for single embryo transfer...The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible
I felt confident that Dr. Stein and the nursing staff at RMA considered my case and my circumstances individually. The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible. They were also extremely amenable to my changes of heart when it came to my course of treatment (changed my mind a couple times about the timing of progressing to IVF - ended up starting sooner than we had initially planned)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was very attentive and also extremely knowledgeable. From my first visit, he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment.
Just trust his advice - he will give you the good news and the bad news straight.
Metformin 2 IUI's with letrozole Antagonist with clomid, "low and slow" stim due to PCOS / high AMH ICSI due to PGS testing Freeze all Fully medicated FET w/ estrace, PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Stefany de Brito Ramos)
My IVF coordinator Stefany was a lifeline through the entire process, and was extremely responsive and reliable. The nursing staff was also very attentive, communicative, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and reassuring when necessary.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
STRENGTHS: communication, efficiency of appointments, friendliness WEAKNESSES: it's a large clinic. you are somewhat of a "number," but at the same time that does keep things feeling efficient. There were never delays due to clinic scheduling for starting my cycle or scheduling procedures because a large clinic means they're running 7 days a week and are always available.
We were fully covered with progyny insurance but had no trouble coordinating between the clinic and insurance
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
NY - Westside

I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup.... Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther.
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA NY. They were organized, on the ball, and compassionate. I felt like they were on the top of their game and like I wasn't going to fall through the cracks... They are a well-oiled machine. Monitoring hours can get quite busy, but they are organized and it goes pretty quickly. They also have several other locations throughout NYC and you can go to any of those locations for monitoring during the week, which is nice.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is kind but not overly warm. He gets straight to the point, which I appreciate. He's direct and no nonsense. I felt that he was closely watching my progression on the stimulation medications, and toward the end, he had me come in every day for monitoring and blood work to see if they could push me a little farther. it was reassuring to know that he was constantly reviewing my case, rather than applying a generic protocol
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
If you're looking for someone who is overly emotive or compassionate, he may not be for you. But he is a kind person and I felt that he was paying attention to me as a patient. Which is what mattered to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I felt like Dr. Grunfeld tailored my treatment protocol to me and my unique chemistry/makeup. He was on top of my cycle and was willing to make tweaks mid-cycle increase my success
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Grunfeld had me prime with estrogren patches and Ganirelix before my cycle began, then I did 14 days of 300 Gonal -F and Menopure once my cycle started. He started me out on 2 amps of Menopure but eventually upped my dose to 3 in hopes of getting a better response. I also took Ganirelix for 4 days toward the end. I triggered with lupron and novarell. I'm 41 and developed 9 follicles between my two ovaries. He was happy with this.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA NY was very organized! I've been to other large clinics that operate in a similar way (eg factory style monitoring hours), but never felt the others were as organized and on top of things as RMA. They called my prescriptions in in a timely manner, were very detailed in their daily instructions and blood work results. I felt like I was taken care of. The only downside (which didn't bother me) is that it can get quite busy during monitoring hours. But because they are so organized, and have the s$!t together, it didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
The total cost of treatment (not including meds) is about $15,000 for IVF plus ICSI
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't gotten this far yet.
Lawrence Grunfeld
NY - Eastside

Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He [Dr. Cooperman] has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.... Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.'
The strengths [of RMA NY] are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results.... The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.... If you got there by 8, it was easy. If you came at 8:30, there was a backup. The monitoring and blood draw was quick. Seeing a nurse could take time.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and reassuring. He has a calming demeanor and answered any question we had. He also did a good job delineating between what doctors knew versus what they suspected about reproduction which allowed us to have a more nuanced understanding of the process ahead.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Ask for odds. The guy has an encyclopedic knowledge of how this works. We found knowing that one part of the process was less certain than others helped us manage expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Due to false positive on a genetic test by our OB-GYN, by the time we found our way to RMA, we had already seen a host of other specialists including another big name fertility clinic. We were worried not only about our reproductive capacity but also my wife's future health. Only Dr. Copperman and the RMA Genetics Counselor Teresa Cacchione had the presence of mind to look at my wife in person (rather than just on paper) and say let's 'This doesn't make sense. Let's order a retest.' It took only a few days to rule out the impossibly rare combination of disorders previous doctors had assume my wife had from one botched test. From there, we engaged in routine IVF therapy, during which time we always felt like every doctor, nurse, counselor and administrator genuinely cared for us.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did three retrieval cycles, each with a different third drug. The third cycle worked significantly better than the previous two.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were two nurses, Leila and Jordyn, who we saw the most and were extraordinarily knowledgeable, kind and even somehow fun. Of course, over multiple cycles we might have seen a dozen nurses. All were good, but not all were great. Sure, that can be unnerving at sensitive times, but it's wasn't actually a problem. If ever something seemed off or an instruction was worded vaguely, we just called later in the day. A different nurse would take our call and help us clear it up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are in the ease of use, the medical acumen, the relatively low cost, and the results. (We have an 11 day old son. And the pregnancy was totally uneventful in a good way.) The weakness is that there is always a new face. We saw our doctor plenty but not even every other visit. You just have to be okay with that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
For nine months of care out of pocket expenses were about $40K but that includes pharmacy bills. We elected to do things in a manner that minimized our coverage, but costs would have fractional if we had followed the mandate of our insurer.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone.... He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action.
I think some of the nurses [RMA of NY] who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.... Jordyn was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is extremely data driven and clearly makes his decisions based on my specific case and takes great care in reviewing my charts at every turn. He's very precise in how he does this. I also felt like during the more difficult appointments he made a point to spend more time with me and answer all my questions and make sure I was feeling as good as possible about our plan of action. He also has called me in response to an email I sent him once just to make me feel better. He clearly cares about his patients and wants them to succeed at having a healthy pregnancy.
Ask questions if he speaks too quickly or goes too fast -- I think sometimes he forgets it's new information to his patients but any time I've asked him to clarify or re-explain it's been no problem.
Dr. Copperman and his team of nurses were always available to me via email or phone. I never felt badly reaching out with extra questions and I always feel like they really care and are "in it" with me.
We did three IUI cycles with Femera, which he said was better than Clomid for patients like me with PCOS. We were also briefly on an antagonist protocol for IVF before it was cancelled due to a lead follicle. During that IVF treatment I was monitored every 2 days also because of my PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn B and Samantha M)
Every single nurse on Dr. Copperman's team has been fantastic. Jordyn Banks was the first person we met with and has been there at every step of the way - even giving me her cellphone number in case we had any urgent questions/concerns after hours. Samantha M is our IVF coordinator and was so detailed and organized from the get go and responds to e-mails immediately. I always felt like they were on top of everything at every turn.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think some of the nurses who take blood tests need to be better trained - I've had a few instances where the blood draws have been painful/difficult. While it does have a "factory" feel it is SO efficient and I rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any appointment, which says a lot in New York City. Everyone is kind, smiles when you walk in, and I truly believe they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman has said he will only transfer 1 embryo at a time and that is fine with us.
NY - Eastside

From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment....I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I truly cannot express how wonderful Dr. Flisser was. He made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. He always kept my husband and I in the loop, explaining what was happening, what he was doing, what the next steps were, and what we could expect. As a scientist myself, I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand. He had such a calm, reassuring demeanor that I knew I didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING—all I had to do was take my medications as prescribed and show up when scheduled and Dr. Flisser and the RMA team would ensure that everything would work out.
CHOOSE DR. FLISSER! I can’t imagine there being a better doctor for IVF (or fertility treatment more generally).
From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment. Every time he walked into the examination room I felt cared for and felt that he was truly invested in getting the best outcome for me—not just to improve his numbers, but because he seemed to actually care. I NEVER felt as if I were just a number or part of some fertility factory when in Dr. Flisser’s care (or when interacting with anyone at RMA).
Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Menopur, cetrotide, and follistim during egg retrieval. Lupron trigger. Progesterone (once daily) and estradiol (3 times daily) prior to, during, and after transfer. Results: 13 eggs harvested, 9 embryos created, 5 embryos available for transfer after genetic testing. I never really felt any “different” on any of the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
All of the nurses were great. They promptly called me every morning or early afternoon with my results and instructions and took the time to carefully explain everything and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When selecting RMA, I noticed that some of the their reviews and feedback online described it as a factory. This was not my experience at all. Everyone there was incredibly nice, patient, and professional. The blood team always was so kind and sweet, giving me there warm wishes that everything would work out for me. The clinic could not have been nicer. Although it was busy at times, that is something you just have to accept as part of the process. I was never there more than an hour during screens, and on average I was there for a half hour. I truly cannot think of any weaknesses of the clinic. Every doctor I met would incredibly smart and had a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. Each monitoring visit lasted between 20-60 minutes, depending on when I showed up and how busy it was. 60 minutes was extreme, and only happened maybe once or twice out of dozens of visits.
Around $7,000
Dr. Flisser recommenced single embryo transfer because it is safer for mother and baby.
NY - Eastside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle

2019, 31 Eggs Frozen
From the first consultation throughout the entire 2 egg freezing cycles I did, Dr. Flisser was extremely professional, took the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had, and he had a very warm bedside manner...He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office [of RMA of New York] during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention...does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is an amazing doctor!! One of the best I have ever been to!! I feel very grateful that he was assigned to me! He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
He is extremely intelligent and will give you good advice based on research and up to date knowledge on fertility practice, so do not hesitate to ask any questions you have.
For both cycles, I was given the same protocol. : Follistim, Ganirelex, and Menopur were the main stimulation medications. Lupron and Pregnyl were the trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA are awesome! Very organized, respond promptly to any concerns, and very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've read in other reviews that RMA runs like an oiled machine and they are spot on with that! RMA team are very efficient and the process ran so smoothly. Everyone I dealt with was nice. The office/waiting rooms especially in Manhatthan can get crowded, however, I never felt that I nor my needs were not important- I always felt I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I live on Long Island so did majority of monitoring appointments at Long Island office (Garden City) which is brand new and very pleasant!! My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention.
My one disappointment is that RMA does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
NY - Eastside

My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he [Dr. Stein] suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
[The nurses at RMA of New York] are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!...Monitoring is from 7am-8:30am everyday. If in a rush, get there by 6:50, but they always have two doctors there, so you are usually in and out within 30 minutes if you show up later. There are always nurses there also if you need to meet with them...They only transfer one at a time at RMA. It is safer for both mother and fetus. They educate you on why.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is straightforward, honest, and gives you data based information. I did 3 IUI’s by choice (he told me there was a low percent chance they would work for me, but IVF felt too extreme for me to start with) that were unsuccessful. I then moved to IVF. My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Stein’s team is very personable, gives you same-day phone calls with updates after bloodwork and appointments, and are in constant contact.
3 IUI’s—Clomid then IUI’s which did not work (he has said they have a very low percent chance of working for me but I did them by choice.) 1st retrieval—GonalF and Menopur 2nd retrieval—estrogen patch priming, gonal F, menopur. The estrogen priming seemed to make a big difference for me. Implant: estrogen and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie (coordinator), Eleza and Krista (Nurses))
They were AMAZING! They are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: brilliant doctors and their teams, communication is amazing, space is clean, staff is friendly, open 364 days a year. Weakness: Your doctor might not do your retrieval and IUI’s. If doing IVF they will do your implant and pregnancy ultrasounds. Must go to Eastside office on weekends and it’s crowded—get there early!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our second retrieval we paid out of pocket, almost everything else (including all meds for the whole process) were covered by insurance. We probably spent 15K-ish.
NY - Westside

Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
This was not done at the Westside office but at the Eastside Office. They gave me either wrong information or information that was not up to date. I had called to the eastside office for the results of one of my procedures and was given bad news. Later that day I got a call back with much better news from a different nurse. In between those 2 calls I had gotten depressed until the second call was made.