Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2018 - 2019, 36 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Thornton was very thorough in her explanations and helped me answer all my questions. I went through 2 cycles of egg freezing with her. The first time I was nervous and the 2nd time was during the beginning of the pandemic. She kept me and my partner informed and calm throughout the whole process...
Monitoring hours were very well run. The [RMA of NY] clinic and staff had it down to a tee - I mentioned coming in and needing to go to work right after. I did not miss a meeting...The staff was very organized, even on the weekends when it was busy...Be honest and direct about what you want to know and how you're feeling- it will only help you with the process
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was very thorough. I went to her for both of my egg retrievals and she made the process very smooth for me. She was even able to double my egg retrieval count on the second round!! I felt fully informed and she answered all my questions (I had a lot and even messed up doing the first set of mixtures). I went out of my way to see her - flew to NYC and stayed there for 2 weeks, when I live in Austin, Texas. I also had my 2nd retrieval during the early stages of the pandemic, so you can imagine the additional stress that caused. Dr. Thornton made sure I felt comfortable and helped ease all my worries during the process. Very highly recommended!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Come with any and all questions!! Be honest and direct about what you want to know and how you're feeling- it will only help you with the process :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was very thorough in her explanations and helped me answer all my questions. I went through 2 cycles of egg freezing with her. The first time I was nervous and the 2nd time was during the beginning of the pandemic. She kept me and my partner informed and calm throughout the whole process!
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I remember my dosage was higher during my 2nd retrieval and I was very pleased. Dr. Thornton doubled my egg retrieval and it helped me feel more secure about my future possibilities :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The staff was very organized, even on the weekends when it was busy. I live in Austin, TX and swapped stories with my friends or colleagues who did treatment here and it was worlds apart. Long waits, disorganized or mean staff - I did NOT experience any of that and felt very lucky to be going through my treatment with Dr. Thornton and their staff
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very organized. I went in before work and did not have to wait long - I was even able to make my early morning meetings! Even on the weekends, when it was busy, the clinic did a great job of seeing patients and letting us know what the next step would be. They take care of you so you don't have to worry! We already have enough on our plate to worry about :)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were very well run. The clinic and staff had it down to a tee - I mentioned coming in and needing to go to work right after. I did not miss a meeting!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
I had fertility insurance through Progyny at work.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
This did not apply to me
NY - Downtown
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable.... He responds to emails within minutes, he’s aware of how we’re feeling and what’s important, and he’s very bright and knowledgeable. I trust him entirely with our care, and I believe our best interests are what’s most important to him.
RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments.... Marlene is friendly, warm, and thorough. I know she is good at what she does and I feel like I’m in good hands.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Expect efficiency. It may seems like he’s rushing at times, but if you have questions and concerns, he’ll answer them thoroughly. If you think of something later, he’s very reachable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Klein is efficient and thorough while discussing fertility, procedures, and next steps. He checks off all of the questions I want to ask, demonstrating an understanding of what his patients worry about and what information is valuable. Well-Oiled in the best way, and very bright.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My husband and I are currently waiting for my thyroid hormones to normalize before we begin our first cycle. I am unsure of what particular strategies and protocols are required, but I honestly trust his judgement while-heartedly. We will have to do the ICSI procedure due to medical necessity. Dr Klein’s people are in contact with our male fertility specialist, and this communication is so helpful so my husband and I don’t have to worry about being the messenger. Between our doctors, I know we’re in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Thorough care for my husband and myself. RMA is a well-oiled machine, and are clearly excellent in their care. The communication between the doctors is fantastic, I’m informed of all steps of the process by our doctors and their staff, and all questions I have are answered. The offices are clean and well-staffed. We haven’t had to wait long at any appointments. Staff training is very hands on, and RMA has obviously high standards in choosing employees.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Unsure of cost as our insurance covers these services.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We have not discussed this yet.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester
My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him...talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information n
RMA of NY is a big place. People refer to fertility clinics/offices in NYC as factories, but I never felt this way at RMA. In fact, every morning (and there are lots of early mornings for monitoring), i was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. There is a large staff, but you will recognize the same familiar faces, especially when going in several times per week. I wasn't there long enough to know everyone on a first name basis, but I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was recommended to me by my OBGYN, and I could not have been more pleased with him and of course - with the end result - my daughter!! From the start, Dr. Lederman made my husband and I feel comfortable and at ease about the fertility process. Of course, we were nervous walking into our first appointment. (We were in unchartered territory and were surprised by the fact that we even needed fertility support to begin with.) After our initial appointment, we left feeling confident that we would be able to expand our family, and less than a year later, we did! Dr. Lederman talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information needed to make an informed decision about how to proceed. Although I was a bit weary of an IUI working (from talking to my friends and their experiences), my husband and I decided to proceed with an IUI as it was less invasive. I did not expect that it would work, especially on our first try, but it did and we are forever grateful! In the weeks following our positive pregnancy test, Dr. Lederman met with me to perform ultrasounds and check the status of our baby. He was genuinely so happy for us, and I cannot thank him enough for his support, encouragement and positivity along the way. Although my time with Dr. Lederman was short, (which is a good thing!), I would highly recommend him as someone to take this fertility journey with. In fact, when the time comes for us to expand our family again, we will most certainly be going back to Dr. Lederman.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
One piece of advice I would suggest is to write down all of your questions. Dr. Lederman is patient and well informed. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and even twice if you don't initially understand. Writing everything down is important so that you leave your consultation having all of the facts and information you need! (If you forget, don't worry - Dr. Lederman quickly replies to emails!)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was the perfect match for me from the start! As soon as I met him, I felt like he was someone who I would trust to take this journey with. He spent an hour with my husband and I, getting to know us, our fertility goals, reviewing previous testing, helping us understand our next steps, going over options and reassuring us that with patience and time, our goal would be met. My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Lederman suggested that we start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Letrozole in the days leading up to my IUI. Due to an insurance mix up at the pharmacy, I had to get Clomid instead. (They both do the same thing and in the end it worked for me!) I also did one trigger shot the night before the IUI. While on the table getting my IUI, I was talking to Dr. Lederman about scheduling my next IUI because I was going away for winter break and wanted to find out whether or not I could squeeze it in before my trip. He looked at me and said, "Let's give this one a chance and then we'll talk." Well - he was right!! I ended up pregnant and my next visit with him was to have an ultrasound to check for a sac. I went to Dr. Lederman for ten weeks, then graduated and went to a new OBGYN (recommended by Dr. Lederman). In those ten weeks, I had a million more questions than I had during my initial consultation. Dr. Lederman and his team were there to support me during this time. All of my questions were answered and I was extremely pleased with the close monitoring of my baby. **I didn't write a review until after my daughter was born as I was superstitious - but I am forever grateful to Dr. Lederman for helping me expand my family. He made this difficult process, extremely positive and calming. **
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman's primary nurse went on maternity leave early in my process, but everyone at RMA was extremely thorough, kind, supportive, friendly and easy to talk to! I always felt welcomed in the office or on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Every insurance is different. I suggest making sure that you call your insurance provider prior to your visit to find out what is covered. Luckily, I only had to pay a co-pay for each visit/ultrasound.
NY - Westside

I feel doctor Davis cares deeply about my case, but he is not the type of doctor to get extremely personal or send follow up texts after a failed cycle. He is very straight forward and matter of fact. For me it works, because it gives me great confidence in him. He has a warm personality and has never made a consultation feel rushed.... I have a lot of questions and he answers them thoughtfully and thoroughly. During my procedures I have always felt I was in the most capable hands.
I am thrilled with Dr.Davis, his receptionist, nurse, and all of the staff [at RMA of NY] who draw blood during monitoring hours. These are the people I see most often on my visits. I have not been as happy with the coordinators, but I deal with them a lot less... Including meds I think I paid around 850-900 per IUI cycle. Including meds, ICSI & PGS testing I expect to pay somewhere around 32K for my upcoming IVF cycle
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
I am very happy with the care I have received from doctor Davis. For me he is a great fit. I have a lot of questions and he answers them thoughtfully and thoroughly. During my procedures I have always felt I was in the most capable hands. I only once felt unsatisfied. I was prescribed a medication before a procedure that had pretty bad side effects (extreme cramping and a lot of bleeding). I was not told about the side effects by my doctor, nurse, or pharmacy. I am assuming Dr. Davis thought I would be told about the side effects by the nurse, or that they would atleast be included in the booklet that comes with the medication. It was very upsetting at the time, but I don't even know who is to blame. That is my only negative experience thus far, and I believe it was an honest mistake.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Dr Davis is a wonderful doctor with a great personality. At times I feel like a number, but that is due to the high number of patients that visit his office. There are only 2 doctors at his location, and at times there are a 10 or more patients in the waiting room during monitoring hours. I think that is just a testament to what a good practice it is, and it does not hinder me in any way from going there. I believe I am receiving the best care at RMA. I think if you want to be educated about your care by a doctor that you like as a person, than Dr. Davis is a good fit for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I have done 2 IUIs with Dr. Davis, both with clomid and ovidrel. I did not have success with either cycle, but I was fully educated about my likelyhood of a pregnancy before proceeding. I intended on doing a third IUI, but the doctor saw a uterine polyp on my last ultrasound that needs to be removed. I am turning 37 and feel I don't want to delay any longer, so I will do an egg retrieval this month, remove the polyp the following month, and then do a frozen transfer after I recover from the polyp surgery.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am thrilled with Dr.Davis, his receptionist, nurse, and all of the staff who draw blood during monitoring hours. These are the people I see most often on my visits. I have not been as happy with the coordinators, but I deal with them a lot less.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
Joseph Davis

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Flisser is a very kind, very warm man who really cared when speaking to us and always took as much time as was necessary to explain his thoughts on our treatment and why we were doing what we were doing...Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors....We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical.... He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
this is a very large practice [RMA] and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient...once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal... it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours...Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors. The group seems to help set the overall standards of what is considered appropriate treatments and Flisser must work within those standards. He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Speak as much as possible, the more he knows the better he is able to treat you. Be an active participant in your medical care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical. The cycles all started with differing levels of Follistim and Menopur, followed by Ganirelix. We shifted from a Lupron trigger to a larger HCG trigger as our treatments progressed. We went in to the Garden City office for monitoring (blood and sono) during weekdays (we needed to run to the main Manhattan office on weekends). We would do a retrieval in Manhattan, followed by a fresh transfer on Day 5 (RMA only offers Day 5 transfers) and we always forewent PGS genetic testing. Our second cycle did produce a positive pregnancy result, but only lasted seven weeks until a miscarriage occurred. As we progressed in our cycles, we also decided to explore other, complimentary, options to our medical treatment. These ranged from added vitamins and antioxidants to thrice weekly acupuncture to more experimental methods involving immune-therapy. Dr Flisser was mostly receptive to our concerns, but did tell us when he thought these alternative methods would interfere with our regular regimen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate. (We had a different financial coordinator). Olga was not in charge of the day to day blood testing, that was Chrisi, who was always fantastic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You should be aware that this is a very large practice and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient. However, a crowded waiting room does not mean that you are part of a conveyor belt, once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal. A large practice gives many pluses and minuses, and you should think about what you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is a large practice and it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours. However, my wife and I had a great deal of flexibility in our morning schedules, which allowed us to handle the monitoring quite easily, your results may vary.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
The costs were considerable, but we were fortunate enough to have very good insurance and our insurance company classified this place as a "center of excellence" which offered it's own significant advantages. We also had a finance coordinator who took care of our billing for us.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
In general, Dr Flisser is open to lots of different approaches, but does work from the overall statistics about what works best for the most people. This is a great overall approach, but may not work for everyone by definition, so it is important to be active in your own care.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Stein was always honest about what to expect. This was helpful especially during the times when things did not go as I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that I could email Dr. Stein at any point with any question and he would answer promptly. I was a worrier throughout the process and he definitely eased my mind on multiple occasions. This is not an easy process for anyone but I always felt that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein knew exactly how to achieve the best possible result given my situation.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours [at RMA-West Side]. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I was treated by Dr. Stein in 2014/2015 and then again in 2017/2018. He was recommended to me by my ObGyn who is absolutely fantastic. Throughout the treatment I felt very confident that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein will achieve the best possible outcome. He was always honest with me and, most importantly, was available to answer any questions via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Focus on what's important which is being treated by a knowledgeable doctor who has a wealth of experience and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with IUI. I got pregnant on the second try but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. We tried two more IUIs and then switched to IVF. The first egg retrieval was not successful as only 1 embryo survived and it did not pass the genetic testing. The second try was successful and we ended up with 3 healthy embryos. We did 3 transfers. 1 resulted in our beautiful son. The second resulted in a miscarriage. And the third one resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Due date is in September 2018.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza was great. She guided me through every treatment. He attitude was always so positive and she always seemed like she was happy to see me and genuinely wished me well. The coordinators are good but not great. The main reason is that they are not as organized as some of the other staff. You really have to be on top of them to ensure that you get the right medication and everything is received timely.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are every day from 7am until 8:30am (plus minus 30 minutes as I do not remember exactly). The later you come the more people are waiting. For the most part, the wait was not long. If you arrive early then there might not even be a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Most of the treatments were covered by my insurance. However, the genetic testing was out of pocket.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I am not exactly sure if there is a preference but all of my transfers were single embryo transfers and we never really discussed it to be anything else.
NY - Westside

He [Dr. Stein] diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe...He is very direct...if that is off-putting, you may want to reconsider. I loved his blunt approach and his honesty. He also has a great sense of humor... He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
My care coordinator Nicole [at RMA of New York] was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous...Monitoring hours are in the morning. However, it runs very smoothly and I was never sitting around waiting for more than 20 to 30 minutes...and those waits were usually on the weekend. On weekdays, I hardly waited at all and could go to monitoring and still be on time for work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is not the most "warm and fuzzy", but he is very compassionate and very direct. It is obvious that he cares about every patient that walks into his office. He is efficient and he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've met. He diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe.
Always addressed by name. Always saw a doctor during my visits. Emails and phone calls addressed rapidly.
1. He diagnosed me with PCOS (first time anyone said this to me fyi) and put me on metformin to improve my egg quality and my response to my drugs. 2. He said that my ovaries were very responsive and used lower doses of stimulation drugs for my IVF so I'd be more comfortable would have fewer side effects. 3. He set me up with a nutritionist so that I could lose weight and learn how to eat better for a person with PCOS (and I lost 60 pounds!). 4. He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
My care coordinator Nicole was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - thorough, efficient, multiple locations, everyone works together, very clear financial information Weaknesses - everything is done at the Madison Avenue location on weekends and it can be very busy with a bit of a wait
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My costs were predominantly covered by our insurance. However, we spent approximately $700 to $800 in lab fee copays and office copays and our medications cost us roughly $2000 to $3000.
Dr. Stein ONLY does single embryo transfers. We discussed the trade-offs and I was comfortable given my age and the higher risks of complications and pre-term labor with multiples.
NY - Westside

Dr. Lederman made me feel like a person and less like a number, considering the amount of patients he sees. He has excellent beside manner and answered all of my questions to ensure I understood my options, the treatment and the process... He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I think the clinic [RMA of New York] is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job...Julia, the coordinator was great. Always available and an excellent main point of contact for questions or to reach out to other members of the team. Erin and Martha are two of Dr. Lederman's nurses and they were always kind, answered any questions and gave you a call with your lab results and medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman explained my options and tried to give me the pros/cons for each based on my health history and age. He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I would say, do some research before going to the first appointment so you can ask all the questions you may have. Also, note that you may not see him during monitoring since the doctors rotate days to perform monitoring and retrieval but he is available if needed through the process.
Based on my personal health and situation, it was decided to do IVF with freeze all cycle. I have some eggs frozen for future use and then added two cycles to fertilize the eggs and transfer embryos. I had two cycles and after having three healthy embryos (after performing PGS testing), I got pregnant after the first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin and Martha)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinic is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The system worked and it was pretty quick. Only on weekends when everyone needs to go to one clinic located on the East side the wait would be a little longer but never more than 20-30 minutes.
Egg freezing was out of pocket but the IVF cycles were covered by insurance and I was responsible for the regular copayments.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Based on my age, it was not recommended to have more than one embryo transferred. I believe it is RMA's policy to transfer only one embryo which I agree to, multiples can result in a high risk pregnancy and my age already pushes me towards that.
NY - Westside

I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He [Dr. Alan Copperman] suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
They [RMA of NY-Eastside] are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman was extremely warm and understanding when I met with him during my initial consult. He was happy to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. He was realistic but not an alarmist. He also understood my mental and emotional state. I had come to him after my second chemical pregnancy in the 10 months I had been trying. He didn't initially propose the most aggressive course of treatment, but set my expectations as to when I should pursue those options. He did my IUI, and saw me during what was apparently a more critical monitoring session, and then was there to discharge me on my last visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Come in prepared to ask questions! He is really smart and moves quickly, but if you have questions, he is really patient, thorough and informative. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I expected to see a different doctor every time I went to the office based on the review that I saw. I did see a few others, but Dr Copperman did my IUI, and saw me for 1-2 monitoring appointments as well as my last visit during which I was discharged. The nurses and staff are so friendly - Leyla and Jordyn (his nurses) are always available over email - they are friendly, informative and their responses are personalized.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I came in after 2 chemical pregnancies in 10 months. He suggested "time sex" with the option for an IUI if my husband was out of town. He thought that based on my bloodwork, I might be ovulating at an unexpected time. They would monitor me till I was about to ovulate, then give me ovidrel, which would guarantee ovulation within 36 hours so that I would know when to "try." My husband ended up being out of town that week, so we did an IUI with frozen sperm, and I got pregnant on my first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla, Jordyn)
Leyla and Jordyn were awesome! I think they both sensed how nervous I was so they always called w/ my results within a few hours of my morning visits. I often wrote them emails with questions about my results or symptoms I was experiencing, and they both wrote back immediately everything - they were very helpful and reassuring. Both were a really calming influence and amazing resource during my time at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are amazingly efficient! If you go in the morning, you'll be out in less than 30 minutes! Mondays are a little hectic, but otherwise, it's great. When I started, they didn't take my insurance, but that changed about a month in. I was a little apprehensive when I went for the first time since all of the reviews were from people who were a little further along in their fertility journey. Everyone at the clinic is friendly and efficient, and I also recommend it to someone who may be earlier in the process or have unexplained infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Including the frozen sperm, the IUI cost less than $1000. Each visit with bloodwork and an ultrasound would be about $40 after insurance.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.

2018, Consult
She [Dr. McAvey] informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
The wait [at RMA Westside] was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience was an eye opener on the reality of IVF treatment. I’ve always been afraid and believed it was a complicated process. Doctor McAvey made it sound very simple and hopeful. When we were unsure about the condition of my tubes she did a pelvic ultrasound immediately. We seemed like she genuinely cared about my husband and I and our journey. After having 4 ectopic pregnancies she showed tremendous compassion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to communicate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
I felt like a number because she was very candid, optimistic, and seemed generally interested in helping my husband and I concieve. She informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Before I could start IVF treatment I would need surgery to have my right Fallopian tube removed. Because it is filled with fluid there is a risk the the embryo can travel up in the tube. After this procedure I can start taking the meds which enables me to produce more eggs. During this time my husband and I were instructed to have blood work completed. I informed her that I would begin working for NYC DOE and she suggested that I should wait to being treatment because of the cost and my insurance as a NYC DOE teacher would cover IVF cost. This was heartbreaking to hear, however I have been trying to accept the reality that I will have to wait before I can begin this journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I dont have her name on hand)
The coordinator was helpful is describing the next steps. She provided me with all her available contact information which was comforting.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The wait was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
$375-$30,000
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside

Dr. Sandler always explains me for everything. And to the point. I get the result with satisfaction. Couple times he did ultrasound for me due to my poor egg quality, so he can decide that time what next step. For me it’s good, he take care of patient as a human. He can answer all my questions. I always happy with his answer. ...He would do 2 embryos transfer not more than that. ... For the 2nd time he willing to try again even my change only egg donor. Give me hope.
The clinic is nice and clean. The staff all friendly from front desk , financial , nurse. They are informative. The only thing is I wish the clinic can accept my insurance. Other than that I was happy with RMA.. ... The nursing staff is the best. They always available when I call them. And help me with anything. ... For the whole treatment around $11,000 not including the medication from the beginning to beta test. Unfortunately the refund my money since we canceled my cycle due to my egg not respond to medicatio
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Joan straight to the point
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Doctor Sandlers was nice to explain me everything. When the 1st cycle with him, couple time he did the ultrasound during the injection timeline instead of the tech, since I have serious low egg quality. For the 2nd time he willing to try again even my change only egg donor. Give me hope.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
1st cycle , I took gonal F , menopur for morning and night. The day 2 showed up 4 eggs but in the day 5 all gone. And we canceled the treatment. 2nd cycle , Gonal F and menopur higher doses and not worked either. We had to cancel it again. My poor eeg quality didn’t respond to medication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
For the whole treatment around $11,000 not including the medication from the beginning to beta test. Unfortunately the refund my money since we canceled my cycle due to my egg not respond to medication.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I haven’t go through to retrieve yet. So I can’t comment anything. But from the beginning. He would do 2 embryos transfer not more than that.
NY - Eastside

During my care under Dr. Mukherjee, he is blunt with me and my husband; the direct to the point as to what why our IVF failed. He called us for a follow up after the failed IVF which is the way it is supposed to be. I find it as a "closure" to a failed cycle. He took the time to explained us what happened and what is the next step. ... He also would take in consideration my suggestions/inquiries
RMA of NY can be very crowded especially in the monitoring hours. ... The phlebotomist are nice and the staff that help during the ultrasound are also very nice. Be prepared also to be seen by different doctors for the ultrasound as they rotate their days in coming in early during monitoring hours. ...They also have a urologist in site and whenever we saw him for my husband, we are in the waiting area with other people.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Strengths: very knowledge about our treatments and possible causes of failure. He recommended things that could help improve egg quality (which I didn't do since I went to a different doctor who didn't recommend them). He also would take in consideration my suggestions/inquiries. I asked about improving sperm quality - use of Clomid which help increased my husband's morphology size. He would answer my email by the end of the day Weakness: I would see a different doctor during monitoring hours.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Prepare your questions ahead of time. Take the time to write down your questions. He will give you % of your chances for treatments just be prepared that it might not be what you expect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I was given percentages of our chances for IUI and IVF sadly all failed - this made me feel like a number. During my care under Dr. Mukherjee, he is blunt with me and my husband; the direct to the point as to what why our IVF failed. He called us for a follow up after the failed IVF which is the way it is supposed to be. I find it as a "closure" to a failed cycle. He took the time to explained us what happened and what is the next step.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He used the antagonist protocol, freeze all then frozen embryo transfer. I got follistim, menopur (forgot the dosages) then ganirelix then Lupron trigger. My husband took antibiotics prior to egg retrieval. After egg retrieval, I was given antibiotics. Then was started on estrace, Medrol. Then progesterone injections after transfer. I had 24 eggs retrieved; 4 PGS - 3 abnormal, 1 limited amplification but with repeat PGS that embryo was normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
I had an amazing primary nurse, Julie. She is such a hard worker, very compassionate, communicates well (phone & email). I don't feel rushed when talking to the phone with her. She would even answer her email even if she is off! (this shows dedication to her patients & work). The rest of the nursing staff is also great! I really love the nurses at RMA of NY. My IVF coordinator is also nice. She made sure she had everything before starting my cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY can be very crowded especially in the monitoring hours. They also have a urologist in site and whenever we saw him for my husband, we are in the waiting area with other people. They don't have a separate waiting room for patients which appointments. The site in the east side (59th St) could be very busy and sometimes we have to go to the West side for some test which is not convenient for us. Sometimes, also the wait for the monitoring hours could be long especially if you arrive after 7:30 am (they start 7 am). What I really like though with RMA is that they have 1 number for all your concerns - urgent matters, appointments, talking to your nurse); there will always be someone at the other end especially during office hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It could get busy during monitoring hours. They key is to come in early and be one of the first patients to be seen especially if an ultrasound is needed. The phlebotomist are nice and the staff that help during the ultrasound are also very nice. Be prepared also to be seen by different doctors for the ultrasound as they rotate their days in coming in early during monitoring hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Freeze all cycle with ICSI & PGD: $ 13, 115 Frozen Embryo transfer: $ 2, 485 Anesthesia: $ 750
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Since I had PGS testing done, Dr. Mukherjee only recommended 1 normal PGS transfer.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing critical but there was 1 time I think it was for a follow up after failed IVF cycle, we were given an appointment to see Dr. Mukherjee (which he personally called us) but upon arriving, we were told by the receptionist that he is not seeing pts that day. Then I told her that we were called by Dr. Mukherjee for that day & time. We were seen that day but I was already upset at the result and to hear this. Could have prevented if the receptionist was told we are expected that day.
NY - Eastside

As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs..Due to only getting two embryo's to blast after being PGD/PGS tested both embryo's came back normal and without the genetic factor. eSET was recommended due to the limited amount of PGS/PGD normal blasts we had and we did not want to potentially loose both of them in a multiple embryo transfer and be left with nothing.
RMA has a great selection of Dr's and great team of personnel who is personable and caring during your Infertility treatments. I was treated like a person and not a number at all the stages of my IVF journey and at each clinic I visited for monitoring/retrieval/transfer...Martha [nurse] was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a wonderful, kind and understanding Dr. who focused solely on our infertility issues at hand and remained positive and provided encouragement when outcomes didn't go in our favor. He was always available for a phone call and always responded to my emails at all times of the day and on weekends. I always had a lot of questions and concerns and he was always there to calm me down and assure me that everything was ok. His communication skills and ability to make you feel like a person and not another infertility statistic is his top strengths as a doctor. Through his positive support and perseverance we were able to achieve a favorable outcome and a successful transfer in October 2018. Our miracle baby Girl was born in July 2019 and we owe all our success to him!
Trust his plan of action! I was skeptical at first, but he knows what is best for every individual case!
Dr. Lederman was very personable and caring during my IVF treatment. He was always available to talk and emailed me back promptly with any questions or concerns that I had. He was extremely supportive of my infertility case and due to being a genetic carrier and undergoing PGD/PGS embryo testing, he was very positive that we would achieve a favorable outcome!
As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs. Dr. Lederman increased the use of Menopur and Gonal F after the first round yielded only a few eggs. On my third round I produced 2x the amount of eggs from my first round and two of the embryo's made it to the blast/frozen stage and were sent for PGD/PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy)
Martha was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7am-9:30am. I was able to go in before work and complete monitoring before my work day started.
Costs were covered by our Insurance plan.
Westchester

I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal...He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
The organisation at the clinic [RMA] is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off...$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo...having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Very knowledge and I felt 100% confident in his abilities. He is very fixed on his way which seems to work. He is not open to transferring mosaics as he not only wants you to conceive a baby but a healthy baby. He never performed any procedures which was a shame, he always promised me he'd do my transfer but wasn't available on the week it took place.
Talk about the risks of multiple cycles to your body? Having had 8 cycles I do worry that I'd doing long term damage to myself. Also PGS - is it really really worth it? What if you're throwing away good embryos - what is the risk of that?
Direct but honest and caring
Antagonist for 2 cycles. I was slightly over suppressed on BCP for first cycle so we did less time on that for the second. Also I had less menopur and more follistim on the second. For the first cycle I got 4 blastocysts but when PGS tested, none were normal. For the second cycle I got 5 and 1 normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Sam M)
The organisation at the clinic is first rate and really makes a difference as the questions and pressure is taken off
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinical strength of the team and also having a patient coordinator gave me 100% confidence and took the stress away. Weakness is you always see different Drs and the weekend waits are bad, plus the men can take the patients chairs! That needs sorting out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient but it is a cattle call and horrible on the weekend when everyone decends on this clinic. I hated that
$15K a cycle ex meds and PGS external cost (which is actually $150 per embryo which is very reasonable)
1 as we only had 1 at this clinic so wasn't an option to transfer more
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him...We did a normal range of tests and then tried 2 IUIs before I had to switch practices for insurance purposes...I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed.
I only dealt with the nursing staff [at RMA of New York] for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate...I wasn't comfortable in the huge waiting room where I felt like I might run into people I know; I wish they offered some private areas. Dr. Copperman's coordinator's were really kind and available. I appreciated that. Any staff member I interacted with was compassionate and considerate. I felt like I could ask questions, and also, I felt like I could reach a real person when I needed to. It was as pleasant as dealing with infertility could be.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was kind, compassionate, and patient. He made a big effort to listen to the details of my situation, my concerns, and my questions. I felt like he really wanted me to have success and get pregnant quickly and safely. I felt very comfortable speaking with him.
Ask all the questions you have. He's very helpful and willing to spend time with you.
Dr. Copperman was extremely warm and compassionate. I felt that he was interested in my well-being as much as he was interested in solving my "case". He never made me feel rushed. I was very comfortable speaking with him. The only reason I switched doctors was for insurance purposes, and I actually went back to consult with him a year later. He was wonderful and offered all the help he could.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I only dealt with the nursing staff for a handful of months, but they were kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I had some insurance coverage in the beginning (when I saw Dr. Copperman) and so part of my fees were covered by insurance. I think the out of pocket cost for a visit was $305.
NY - Eastside
She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day. ... During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. ... At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo.
There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff [RMA of New York] is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful. ... All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I honestly really loved Dr. Thornton. At both my consultation appts, she spent at least 2 hours going over every step and procedure my husband and I would have to undergo. We had a particularly hard IVF cycle (8 of our 10 embryos didn’t make it after Day 4) and when I totally lost it sobbing in her office, she was so sweet and hopeful that those two embryos were all we needed. She made me feel comfortable asking any questions I had, and really tried to make sure I knew what was happening and when. I never felt like my visits were rushed or that I was just some name on a list of pts she had to get to that day.
Definitely only see her at the Downtown office, it’s so much calmer and more pleasant. She goes back and forth between it and RMA East, but RMA East is SO much busier.
During my IVF cycle, Dr. Thornton saw me every time I went in for bloodwork/ultrasounds. She answered all my questions and never made me feel like I holding her up or that she was annoyed when I had a million and one questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Dr. Thorntons whole team was awesome. Clarissa did all the paperwork and was very organized and on top of her stuff. Kayla did fiances and really knew her stuff. We were self pay, and she helped us figure out of there was any way to cut some costs or make it a little lighter. Melissa is the IVF nurse and not only called with all my protocol, but would also immediately follow up with an email. When I got pregnant, I experienced a lot of spotting. Melissa was awesome about answering me by email or phone, and made sure all my neurotic questions were answered and me and baby were safe.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: The know what they’re doing. There’s always a nurse to answer questions. The staff is overall very friendly and accommodating. Weakness: During monitoring, and especially at RMA East, you can feel like just a number. It gets super busy and sometimes you wait for upwards of a hour. Sometimes you don’t get to see your doctor, which can be stressful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All the monitoring hours are in the morning before work, but the earlier you go the better. RMA downtown is a smaller practice so much better wait time and smoother experience. RMA East is their main office and incredibly busy. They definitely see pts who are bloodwork/ultrasound before those who are just bloodwork.
We were self pay. Only thing insurance helped with was medications (which is a huge help). IUI: about $1, 500 a cycle IVF: about $16, 000 Pregnancy monitoring: about $3, 000 PSG: $150 to do it, than $150 an egg Genetic testing: $350/person Freezing costs: $1000/year
As a 27 year old, she was only going to do single transfers until I had had 3 transfers that didn’t take. She does allow older women to transfer 2 earlier than that.
NY - Downtown
We did one egg retrieval [with Dr. Mukherjee] where they monitored me very closely to see how many eggs I was producing to determine when to retrieve. Only had to do one retrieval cycle - 23 eggs, resulting in 7 viable embryos. We were kept up to date every step of the way while the eggs were being fertilized, genetically tested and maturing. Round 1 embryo transfer - one embryo transferred. Unsuccessful. He told us outright he will not transfer multiple embryos because it was not worth the medical risk. Round 2 embryo transfer - one transferred. Successful. Monitored me weekly until after week 9 then released me into the care of my OB
Even with the sheer number of patients that came into the clinic, Dr Mukherjee and his staff [at RMA of New York] each called to check up on me after my miscarriage. They were always hopeful and positive that they would get and keep us pregnant and told us that repeatedly. If I had questions or concerns I always got a call back. They took every concern seriously and always explained procedures, drugs, etc.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr Mukherjee is clearly a knowledgeable doctor and knows his field. He always took the time to answer any questions either my husband or I had. Even though he was busy in the OR when I came to confirm my miscarriage he made sure that as soon as he was out, he called and spoke with me to make sure I was ok and to reassure me that he would get us pregnant. He was always calm, kind, compassionate and reassuring about the stress we were under during this process.
Don’t feel like you are burdening him with questions or concerns - voice them. He will never make you feel like you are a burden and will listen and take what you are saying seriously and into consideration.
Even with the sheer number of patients that came into the clinic, Dr Mukherjee and his staff each called to check up on me after my miscarriage. They were always hopeful and positive that they would get and keep us pregnant and told us that repeatedly. If I had questions or concerns I always got a call back. They took every concern seriously and always explained procedures, drugs, etc.
Our tests were all “normal” so he explained that we fell into the “unexplained infertility” category. As a result, we were required to do a certain number of rounds of IUI before we were eligible for IVF (by our insurance, not clinic policy). 1st IUI was successful, but resulted in miscarriage at 9 weeks. He didn’t make us wait after that to try again. The next few cycles of IUI were not successful. Then we talked about IVF. We did one egg retrieval where they monitored me very closely to see how many eggs I was producing to determine when to retrieve. Only had to do one retrieval cycle - 23 eggs, resulting in 7 viable embryos. We were kept up to date every step of the way while the eggs were being fertilized, genetically tested and maturing. Round 1 embryo transfer - one embryo transferred. Unsuccessful. He told us outright he will not transfer multiple embryos because it was not worth the medical risk. Round 2 embryo transfer - one transferred. Successful. Monitored me weekly until after week 9 then released me into the care of my OB
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
Every member of the nursing team was kind and compassionate. They always made sure we had the information we needed (test results, next steps, medications, etc) and were quick to return phone calls about any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very efficient. Its probably not the environment for everyone. It’s in the city so sometimes morning bloodwork was packed and it felt like a cattle call - but staff was always helpful, polite and kind. Not everyone taking blood is good at it, but there are a few rock stars that can get blood from the worst of arms.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some days it was packed but they always moved through it as quickly and efficiently as they could. Most of all I appreciated the professionalism of the staff, including receptionists - they would take the brunt of it when it was packed with grace.
Very little because our insurance covered a large sum.
He will not do multiple embryo transfer. He stated to us that it was taking an unnecessary risk. It was ok for us because I agreed with him and only wanted singles transferred

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Mukherjee seemed to grieve with me when I experienced losses and cheer us on as we tried again. He knew our personal situation and inquired appropriately; he made great efforts to help us negotiate IVF process financially as we were out of pocket. He's a lovely man who seems to genuinely care for patients....He's a great, smart doctor with a lot of experience. If he's not pushed, he will tell you what he thinks and move on. But if you have questions, concerns, alternative treatment protocols, he will give them serious consideration, discuss with you and follow ultimately what you want to do (assuming it is medically sound). I suppose he would be great for a very passive patient (i.e., one who wants a doctor who sets the course without much input) or a very active one. For middle of the road types who want a bit more but don't ask for it, he may not be the right choice.
[RMA] Strengths: big, well run organization; great stats; excellent care. Weaknesses: it's huge and so can feel like a factory. Sometimes the waits for monitoring on weekends can be obscene....[Nursing staff] Alissa was great -- very organized, compassionate, and human. Same for Robin and other nurses, very clear communicators. I did have a prior coordinator who was not great and I asked to switch and was switched without a problem.I usually did monitoring in Brooklyn and it was reasonable. The Madison Ave office could be a "cattle call" and on a couple of occasions when I didn't come at the very beginning (i.e., 7am), I had to endure very long waits....
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Be proactive but trust his judgment!
Gonal F + menopur with estrogen priming Lupron microdose flare
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa (coordinator) and Robin (nurse))
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Out of pocket cycle was about $18k plus meds. I ultimately got a discount (repeat customer here!) to $12,500.
Mukherjee is very pro-PGD (as are we -- I'm 42) and so we never discussed transferring more than one healthy embryo at a time.

2017, 5 Eggs Frozen
Although I saw the doctor [Mukherjee] briefly during treatment, he was kind, focused and answered all my questions and comments. I once called to his office to ask some follow up questions but he wasn't available at that specific moment. Less than two hours later he personally called me back to follow up on my questions... It is important to note that Dr. Mukherjee is part of the RMA practice, so at the end you don't see/talk to your doctor often, as you also interact with other doctors from the practice. So expect not to have your own doctor present at all ultrasounds checkups /retrieval procedure.
RMA, at least the office in Madison Ave. is a very crowded place. Still I thought it was clean and extremely well organized. All RMA staff including doctors, nurses and assistants were all kind and extremely responsive to questions and requests of support....All nurses at RMA Madison Ave. branch were very helpful and clear in their guidance/instructions. I always though I was being a pain by asking them so many questions, but they all made me feel conformable by asking questions and requesting additional guidance.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I had a positive experience with Dr. Mukherjee. Overall he is an experienced doctor and throughout my treatment he was kind and clear when he communicated information to me. He answered all my questions and doubts. It is important to note that Dr. Mukherjee is part of the RMA practice, so at the end you don't see/talk to your doctor often, as you also interact with other doctors from the practice. So expect not to have your own doctor present at all ultrasounds checkups /retrieval procedure. Also note that RMA, at least the office in Madison Ave. is a very crowded place. Still I thought it was clean and extremely well organized. All RMA staff including doctors, nurses and assistants were all kind and extremely responsive to questions and requests of support.
It is important to be proactive throughout your treatment and engage the doctor as much as possible. Dr. Mukherjee will answer your questions and doubts, so make sure that you ask all questions you have and that you effectively communicate specific issues that aren't fully clear/or that you would like to learn more about.
Although I saw the doctor briefly during treatment, he was kind, focused and answered all my questions and comments. I once called to his office to ask some follow up questions but he wasn't available at that specific moment. Less than two hours later he personally called me back to follow up on my questions.
I followed an antagonist protocol. Retrieved 9 eggs and froze 5.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA Madison Ave. branch is very crowded (especially during morning monitoring hours), but it is still clean and well organized. All staff from doctors, nurses, and assistants are kind and responsive to any request.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Morning monitoring hours are from 7 to 8:30am, so it allowed me to go there and then head to work, which I thought was very convenient. On average I waited 20-25 minutes to get called, and was done in an average of 15-20 minutes for both ultrasound and blood work.
US$9000 for egg freezing treatment, plus US$6000 of medicine (medicine was covered by my insurance).
NY - Eastside

After our first less-than-ideal egg retrieval, Dr. Copperman called us to discuss what went wrong and what we needed to change to improve our chances if we were to try again...Dr. Copperman does things quickly. He talks fast, he moves through visits very quickly. It was a little dizzying the first visit, but you get used to the pace. Despite that, he always responds to my emails, usually with a phone call. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him, but he is efficient.
It's a large clinic [RMA - East Side], and it could get very busy in the mornings. While the wait could last up to 40 minutes, they were very efficient once they saw you. The ladies that did the blood draws were very warm and friendly. I would recomend arriving at the clinic right at 7 if you need to be at work before 9....the nurses always were very thorough when giving me the daily instructions and would email me with written instructions so I was never confused about how much medicine I needed to admister each day. They returned my calls promptly and usually responded to emails within a day.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman does things quickly. He talks fast, he moves through visits very quickly. It was a little dizzying the first visit, but you get used to the pace. Despite that, he always responds to my emails, usually with a phone call. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him, but he is efficient. He's not going to chat about the weather. I believe he listens to me and respects that I know a lot about my own body. I am still currently in treatment, so I can't say if he has helped us achieve our goals yet, but I feel confident that he will. Or he will at least do his very best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to reach out if there's something you want to discuss. It's a big clinic, so it may feel like you aren't getting personal attention. But I always got responses to my calls or emails usually on the same day or the day after.
After our first less-than-ideal egg retrieval, Dr. Copperman called us to discuss what went wrong and what we needed to change to improve our chances if we were to try again. He followed up a few days after we learned that all of our embryos had arrested to make sure we were doing okay. I really appreciated that he was concerned for our well-being.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses always were very thorough when giving me the daily instructions and would email me with written instructions so I was never confused about how much medicine I needed to admister each day. They returned my calls promptly and usually responded to emails within a day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's a large clinic, and it could get very busy in the mornings. While the wait could last up to 40 minutes, they were very efficient once they saw you. The ladies that did the blood draws were very warm and friendly. I would recomend arriving at the clinic right at 7 if you need to be at work before 9. If you are more flexible with time, arriving closer to 8:30 always worked well for me. By then, most of the morning rush had cleared out.
NY - Eastside

[RMA of New York is a] well oiled machine but factory like in that theres a lot of people. I personally don't mind that it's like a factory because Dr. Flisser always makes an effort to see and treat his patients...Arielle is the best! She is compassionate and always makes herself available even when she is not actually working...Dr. Flisser gives out his email address and always responds within a day or two. He makes times to talk to you on the phone and candidly answers all questions.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is very smart and very honest. He is also open to hearing patient's concerns and is willing to think outside box. For example, although RMA doesn't really believe in immunology protocols, Dr. Flisser was supportive and still worked with me when I went to see one because he knew it was something I really wanted. Dr. Flisser is not only an amazing doctor but he is an amazing person. The night before my egg retrieval I realized I did not have the medicine for my trigger shot. Dr. Flisser drove to the office and to my apartment and hand delivered the medication to me. I have been to three RE's now and he is truly the best.
You're in good hands. Don't be afraid to ask questions and always be your own advocate
1 egg retrieval with ICSI, 6 embryos resulting all PGS tested. First frozen transfer resulted in chemical pregnancy. Second FET resulted in 7.5 week miscarriage followed by a D&C. Endometrial biopsy found endometritis and products of conception, needed a hysteroscopy. Third FET resulted in negative pregnancy test
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
My insurance covered my FET but not ICSI and not PGS testing
He is a proponent of single embryo transfers

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Kudesia has a warm and friendly personality so it was easy to connect to her....Dr. Kudesia is just nice and explains things in a way like you are talking to a friend. I had a good feeling about her since out 1st consultation in June 2016... Dr. Kudesia checked my egg count which is normal for my age and hand me let them know when I came started my period so they can start me on clomid and do blood work on the given days of my cycle. Since I just started they sent me to get an HSG exam.
[RMA] Strengths: friendly and calm staff Weakness: It took a while for the RMA Urologist's Nurse to call me back with my husbands test results of why we were not conceiving. It could have been because my husband was their contact and not me, but we sorted that out and I got in touch with the urology team... Everyone I dealt with at RMA, in both the Brooklyn and Manhattan Office had a warm and friendly demeanor. I always felt comfortable asking questions and was grateful they were able to answer my questions easily and returned my calls usually within a couple hours.
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia is just nice and explains things in a way like you are talking to a friend. I had a good feeling about her since out 1st consultation in June 2016. I only saw her a few times, since I have not started IVF yet, but she is my main doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
I don't think I have advice, I would just recommend her to others.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Rashmi Kudesia used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
we started with RMA about a year and a half after trying unsuccessfully to conceive. Dr. Kudesia checked my egg count which is normal for my age and hand me let them know when I came started my period so they can start me on clomid and do blood work on the given days of my cycle. Since I just started they sent me to get an HSG exam. On day 12 I would come in and they would check to make sure I had at least 1 mature egg follicle and they would give me Ovadril. I did the HSG once and it came back normal as well as all the blood work they did. I did the clomid and Ovadril for 3 cycles, July-September 2016. I decided to stop until my husband was tested. He was tested in November and it turns out the issue is on his end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Bruce)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: friendly and calm staff Weakness: It took a while for the RMA Urologist's Nurse to call me back with my husbands test results of why we were not conceiving. It could have been because my husband was their contact and not me, but we sorted that out and I got in touch with the urology team. *Urologist is Natan Bar-Chama
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.
My co-pay was normally $40. However the sperm extraction done by Dr. Natan Bar Chama was $6,500. IVF I have not started yet but it will probably be in the $20, 000 range including PGD and medications.
Describe Rashmi Kudesia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
From what the doctor said, they only plan on putting in 1 embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
It took a while to get the results of my husband's semen analysis, but we got the results and extracted the sperm within 2 month's time so everything on his end is finished for now.
Rashmi Kudesia
Brooklyn

Dr. Sandler is a wonderful physician who really cares about his patients. I loved that he adjusted my treatment plan and when things weren't working out with one medication, we switched it. Dr. Sandler is proactive, not just reactive, which is extremely important in the course of fertility treatment. Although RMA is very busy and truly runs a large-scale operation, I found them to be extremely sensitive, considerate, and reachable. Dr. Sandler is an amazing physician but he is not exactly "warm and fuzzy," so I would keep that in mind if you are someone who needs a doctor who is more laid back. I found Dr. Sandler to be completely honest about expectations, while also maintaining a level of reassurance to me given my age and medical history.
I found all of the nurses at RMA to be great, but Dr. Sandler's nurses Danielle and Alyssa and beyond fantastic. They always reassured me and helped me through every step of the process. They were approachable, and if I called RMA about something specific, the nurses would call me back ASAP, often within the hour. Based on my prior experience within medical offices, RMA is unparalleled as far as sensitivity, efficiency, compassion, and overall excellence in general. I am so grateful that I was recommended to RMA, and the nurses in particular made the experience as pleasant as possible. I am forever grateful to Danielle and Alyssa for their expertise, kindness, and compassion.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
If you see that the treatment is not going as planned, schedule a conversation with Dr. Sandler to discuss alternative options.
I cannot sing the praises enough of RMA New York. They are so efficient, professional, and caring. The doctors are extremely busy and have a lot of patients to see, but I always felt like they answered my questions, and if I had follow up questions I would then speak to a nurse. The nurses were beyond responsive, approachable, and extremely sensitive and helpful. Dr. Sandler would tell it to me like it was, he was realistic about expectations, and he did not give me false hope. Dr. Sandler gave me options, he recommended what was best, and it resulted in a viable pregnancy. I will forever be grateful to him and his practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Mitkus & Alyssa Ball )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a remarkably well-oiled machine. When you schedule an appointment, they handle everything with care and efficiency and you can get in and out and go about your day. I loved the early morning appointments and knowing that I wasn't going to spend all day in a doctor's office, especially because of the frequency of visits relating to fertility treatments. The waiting room is nice and comfy, and the office becomes, in a way, your home away from home, because you spend so much time there. Although you do not always see the same nurses/doctors, they are transparent with each other about your level of care, so you do not feel like you are just being shuffled from person to person. It is a large clinic, so you will likely be seeing different doctors at different appointments, but all of the doctors are fantastic, so you are in good hands! Although Dr. Sandler was my assigned doctor (and I think he is phenomenal), I also saw Dr. Grunfeld quite frequently (I guess our schedules were more aligned) and he is also a phenomenal physician.
I have excellent insurance, so I usually had a $40 co-pay when I would go to RMA, but otherwise all of the procedures/blood work was covered. For the shots prior to the IUI, they were $60 each month (my insurance covered the bulk of it), and the medication Clomid/Letrozole varied between $5-$10 (my insurance covered most of it)

2009 - 2017, Successful
He's [Dr. Daniel Stein] has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors)... Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw...She [nurse at RMA] was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day...Weekdays was easier and quicker. Weekends we all have to go to east side - so more jammed and longer wait. But it didn't bother me. Staff was nice and efficient.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors).
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He and his staff are happy to explain everything and make you feel like they are recommending the best path forward.
I love Dr Stein and his staff. They were sweet and understanding. I got to know them well over the months. They truely care about you, and answer all your questions.
I froze my eggs in my early 30s and already had reduced reserve. I went back at 36 to get pregnant. The one IUI was unsuccessful and I love that we didn't waste any more time with that My eggs didn't defrost well (there weren't that many) and I had to move to IVF. Always did aggressive drug protocol due to low reserve. My first new IVF only got 3 mature eggs. 2 fertilized and 1 made to Day 5. It was PGS tested and it was normal. Miscarried. Second IVF I got 6 eggs with a different protocol. 5 fertilized. 1 was Day 5. PGS. Not normal. He started to prep me to donor eggs due to low probability of success. Said we'd try one more time and if I didn't get at least 1 egg - need to switch to egg donor 3rd IVF. Converted to IUI due to only 1 egg being stimmed. Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
She was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw. In particular Dr Davis at the soho location
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hard to say because my insurance picked up a lot. I paid $65k out of pocket for all my treatments (1 IUI, 3.5 IVF, and donor egg cycle)
He left it up to me after explaining the risks of twins. He prefers 1 but I did 2 in the last run and it worked. Singleton
NY - Westside

My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein..I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive...Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease... After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. The IVF and financial coordinators were always quick to respond to emails... If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case....My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA. We sought a consultation after trying without success for one year. I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive in anyway. It was extremely easy to arrange an appointment with the office and get everything started. The office returned phone calls and addressed all of our insurance questions. We had looked into engaging in care with two other institutions and had negative experiences with the office staff. Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease- especially knowing all the options that could be available to us. After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
Listen to him. He is up to date on the medical literature and does what he knows is medically necessary and no more to put you at minimal risk and maximum chance of success.
He always greeted with smile, willing to answer questions via email. If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case.
We did one IUI, with letrazole and trigger shot. After realizing extent of male factor issue IVF was recommended. 1 retrieval cycles with, PGS and ICSI (10 eggs retrieved, 3 to day 5, none genetically normal after PGS testing). Used gonal F, cetratide, menopur. I was a slow responder. Second cycle he changed protocol to lupron micro flare with much higher doses of gonal F and menopur as I was a slow responder, as he felt I had a diagnosis of poor egg quality. This time we had 14 eggs retrieved, 6 to day 5, 3 were genetically normal after PGS testing). 1st transfer with 1 embryo was successful- currently I am 10 weeks pregnant with a little boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff always had a smile on their face and very accommodating. Made you feel at ease very early in the morning and throughout entire process. Always available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. Dr. Stein was usually the one there, and if not, the other doctors were very kind.
The clinic was willing to bill my primary insurance and then run it through my secondary before billing us.