Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Sandler was very knowledgeable and kind. In the beginning he explained everything to us almost like a high school health class, making sure we undertood everything. The doctors at RMA work as a team and we liked all of them...Both Dr. Sandler and my ivf coordinator always spoke to us as kindly and explained everything clearly and kindly...Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors [at RMA of New York] and you won't know who will be doing what procedure...[Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors and you won't know who will be doing what procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Keri Bergin)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
We were lucky to have insurance cover 1 cycle
Benjamin Sandler
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Flisser] pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of Clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway. I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances.
At every monitoring session [at RMA New York], I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor...In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, [the nurses] will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear...It was always extremely busy, but I was always seen pretty quickly- within an hour of arrival.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances. He asked questions about what we wanted our family to be and how many children we wanted. He pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Be very clear about what you want, and ask specific questions. You'll get specific answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
At every monitoring session, I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor. Also, Dr Flisser answered (promptly) his own emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, they will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear.
2006 - 2014, Successful
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Share all your fears and hopes (re infertility issues)with Dr g. He'll put u at ease and will respond truthfully without giving false hope or unrealistic expectations albeit with a Healthy dose of hope
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Spoke in a language we can understand.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Clomid, iui's and finally ivf when all else failed
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very thorough, gave instructions clearly and in and understansavle fashion
2011 - 2013, Successful
Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable...Always knew who I was and my history. When I found out my pregnancy had lost the heartbeat while he was doing an ultrasound he was unbelievably kind
Get to the office [RMA of New York] early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to access records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc...The waiting area was always packed but I don't see anything that could be done about that...Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor. Working with infertility patients takes compassion, patience and understanding on top of skill. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone with knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Get to the office early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to acces records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I don't remember exactly, but I believe I paid @$12,000 per cycle
2009 - 2011, Successful
very trustworthy - took me seriously - respected me as a single mother - not a lot of small talk but that fit my style - in retrospect wish i had not spent so much time and money on iui and gone straight to ivf - he was efficient and caring...thought he respected me as a person - would have liked to have individualized my plan a bit more...6 iui - 3 with clomid and 3 with injectable 1 ivf...about my remaining embryos - i assumed they would be frozen and was only told after the fact when i inquired that they were not good enough quality and were disposed of
i felt like i wanted more support from the nursing staff [at RMA] than i got...i just felt like noone followed up with me about my remaining embryos - i assumed they would be frozen and was only told after the fact when i inquired that they were not good enough quality and were disposed of...very efficient with getting me in and out for all the lab draws and u/s very good place for a working woman...would have liked to have individualized my plan a bit more
push for ivf sooner
6 iui - 3 with clomid and 3 with injectable 1 ivf
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
i felt like i wanted more support from the nursing staff than i got
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
i felt like 5 embryo transfer was the best option for me - i was not sufficiently prepared though for the fact that the remaining 5 embryos would not be good enough to freeze
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
2004 - 2011, Successful
The wait times were not crazy although I did always get there early. When I started going to Dr Copperman he was working out of Mt Sinai then moved to his own RMA on Madison. The facility was brand new...Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC [single mother by choice] to be...He was caring, honest, sympathetic and overall amazing. He treated me like a person and not a number. I saw him more than I expected after all the stores I had heard about just being a number. And still in my life even after my kids are 14 years old!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
BE persistent with your care
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC to be. There were many factors that contributed to this.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Sorry but this was a long time ago and don't really remember specific details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were totally on top of everything. They helped me emotionally as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
He was very kind to me especially after 3 IVF's
NY - Eastside
If I did have a question about a morning visit he [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] was good about getting back to me...Honest and friendly he was easy to reach by email. I had been to previous clinics where they rushed into treatment and overlooked a fibroid that was clearly a problem. On my first scan dr Mukherjee said it had to go. A few clomid cycles after the surgery I was pregnant!
[The nurses at RMA of New York were] Available and caring...Very busy place but they know what they are doing. Multiple offices made monitoring easy. All staff are accessible by email. Working out financial issues was time consuming Overall very well run office...Honest and friendly he [Dr. Mukherjee] was easy to reach by email. I had been to previous clinics where they rushed into treatment and overlooked a fibroid that was clearly a problem. On my first scan dr Mukherjee said it had to go. A few clomid cycles after the surgery I was pregnant!
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He doesn’t monitor every day. If I did have a question about a morning visit he was good about getting back to me
He took the time to look at my records and perform a thorough ultrasound
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Paola)
Available and caring

2014, Successful
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important... They [the nurses] all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
2014, Successful
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.
Joshua Klein
Brooklyn

2010 - 2011, Successful
She cared deeply about her patients and was so generous in even helping us by donating the costs of the med[ication] during our second round.
[Nurse] Rebecca was awesome. Also direct, but cares about her patients and communicated my results always in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Caryn Selick at RMA of New York?
She was an incredible doctor. Highly intelligent and direct communicator and very, very thourough. She cared deeply about her patients and was so generous in even helping us by donating the costs of the meds during our second round. I continue to see her as my OB and have enormous respect for her. She has gotten a number of my friends pregnant too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caryn Selick at RMA of New York?
Be prepared for the worst news and be very patient. Infertility is a roller coaster and generally involves a long ride.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was excellent, again highly professional and punctual.
Caryn Selick
2010 - 2011, Successful
We happened to be very lucky and treatment worked within 8 months of starting it, but he [Dr. Grunfeld] made the process smooth and amazing...He was candid and patient from the very first visit...Really treated me as a whole person - from head to toe - taking into account psychological state as well as physical state.
Compassionate, careful. I have bad veins, but they were able to do the bloodwork expertly. Great staff [at RMA New York]! [Monitoring appointments were an] efficient, well-oiled machine.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He was candid and patient from the very first visit. Gave us realistic assessment. We happened to be very lucky and treatment worked within 8 months of starting it, but he made the process smooth and amazing.
Go to him!
he listened to our concerns. Really treated me as a whole person - from head to toe - taking into account psychological state as well as physical state.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Compassionate, careful. I have bad veins, but they were able to do the bloodwork expertly. Great staff!
efficient, well-oiled machine
2004 - 2011, Successful
My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child...I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to no
I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to not pay attention to anyone else....My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a very good doctor; listen to his advice.
Sorry, it's too long ago and frankly (and kindly) I have forgotten most of the details.
2012 - 2017, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...[protocols] Clomid then and now Gonal-F... he was very empathetic when dealing with me...I love my clinic...[nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly.
I love my clinic [RMA - West Side] ... [nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly...He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
How was your experience with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
He was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Listen to him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
Describe the protocols Natan Bar-Chama used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Clomid then and now Gonal-F
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Koenigsberg)
I love my clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York.
I do not remember
Natan Bar-Chama

2015, Unknown Success
She took the time to answer my questions and was compassionate about my miscarriage.
I did an IUI without clomid which was not covered by insurance but because they didn't tell me that, I didn't have to pay! Next round I'm doing letrizol which my insurance won't cover so I will pay out of pocket.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
She had time for me and was available if I had questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Go see her
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Most of them are great. A few seemed disorganized.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room is a little awkward
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York.
I did an iui without clomid which was not covered by insurance but because they didn't tell me that, I didn't have to pay! Next round I'm doing letrizol which my insurance won't cover so I will pay out of pocket.
Jaime Knopman
2014, Successful
Dr. Mukherjee [at RMA of New York] was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis...[He] is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis.
Dr. Mukherjee is warm, has a good bedside manner and explains things thoroughly but easy to understand.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
NY - Downtown

2009 - 2012, Successful
[Dr. Muckherjee] Spoke to me like a real person with a brain; wasn't flustered when I got emotional; spent time explaining things; was positive but honest.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I know of no weaknesses. He was the ideal doctor for me and I would recommend him to anyone for ART, and I have referred friends to him many times.
Be realistic and patient with the process. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: don't recall name)
Intelligence

2011, Successful
Wonderful bedside manner. Very thorough, though, I would have liked a follow up appointment with him after the egg extraction to discuss the quality of the eggs / embryos.
Don't expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr. Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation. The staff was very warm and I felt like they genuinely cared about my well being.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
dont expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation.

2010 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld was great. There were other doctors in the practice that I didn't like nearly as much.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Straightforward but also warm.
Try and schedule your monitoring for days that he'll be there.

2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive...After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI...always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns...
the office [RMA of New York] is extremely organized and communicative...Fast responders...Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away...Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was the first specialist I saw and had great success. I had a consultation with him in October, and am now pregnant with twins. I found out over Thanksgiving weekend, so was successful on our first try! I always knew that I had a mild form of PCOS (multiple follicles on each ovary, irregular periods, and anovulatory cycles). So, after a few short months off of birth control I knew I needed to see a specialist. Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either. He also had absolutely no judgements since most specialists say you need to wait a year of trying, but he knew there was no point in that for a patient with PCOS. After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI. The process was beyond easy to say the least as the office is extremely organized and communicative. Dr. Flisser was amazing, got us through the process, always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns, and was so excited when we heard the first two little heartbeats at just 6 weeks! He has such a calming personality, and we are so lucky to have found a doctor like him! We are so thankful for Dr. Flisser, and would recommend him to anyone trying to start a family. He is your guy! Run - don't walk!
Voice all of your concerns. I guarantee he'll be able to help you through them.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I took Letrozole cycle day 3-7 (5mg at night). Day 13 had an ultrasound and found 2 big follicles on each ovary (20 MM), and did an Ovidrel trigger shot. Day 14 did the IUI.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing. Organized. Communicative. Fast responders. Couldn't recommend them enough. All of the doctors there are great as well. I don't have any weaknesses. Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away.

Investment Banker
He [Dr. Stein] listened to my concerns, was professional, and accessible. I felt I was in good hands the entire time. He did not do my ER, but did my transfer and every appt since then...I appreciated this as I was still able to ask any questions I had, and the doctor was able to provide their preliminary view..
Strengths [of RMA of NY]- they clearly see a lot of patients and do a lot of procedures... to me, this is a good thing. It’s why their lab and doctors are so good. You always see a doctor during monitoring - I really liked this. Your nurse both calls you and then emails you - at my old clinic they would just email. This did not give me space to ask any questions which I hated. I appreciated the nurses calls at RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I couldn’t have asked for more seamless treatment. He listened to my concerns, was professional, and accessible. I felt I was in good hands the entire time. He did not do my ER, but did my transfer and every appt since then. For most monitoring, I saw another doctor- however I ALWAYS saw a doctor. This was very different from my prior clinic where I rarely saw any doctor at all. I appreciated this as I was still able to ask any questions I had, and the doctor was able to provide their preliminary view. At my old clinic, since it was mainly ultrasound technicians they were not able to provide much context.
Nothing really... note - the west side office is nice and small. You will do weekend appts at the Madison Ave office which is much bigger and feels more hectic. It didn’t bother me since it’s very few appts, but made me glad to be at west side office for large majority of appts
Dr Stein was accessible and listened to my concerns. I transferred from another clinic so had pretty specific views of how I wanted to proceed
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don’t know. Very good results
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
My only complaint is that the coordinator has a lot of power, and sometimes was put in a position where she was interpreting notes from other doctors about what needed to be done. The interpretation was incorrect, and I had to request to speak to doctor directly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - they clearly see a lot of patients and do a lot of procedures... to me, this is a good thing. It’s why their lab and doctors are so good. You always see a doctor during monitoring - I really liked this. Your nurse both calls you and then emails you - at my old clinic they would just email. This did not give me space to ask any questions which I hated. I appreciated the nurses calls at RMA.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Only single embryo transfer... this made perfect sense to me, but something to be aware of
NY - Westside
Dr. Lederman doesn’t force you to do a certain treatment. He explains all options and let’s the couple decide. Unfortunately, we had a third miscarriage and [he] recommended D&C as it would help identify the cause with testing. It turned out to be a chromosomal abnormality and he recommended us to do IVF with pgt testing..
Efficient and quick morning visits. Timely results and calls. Be prepared to not be seen by your doctor every time. All rotating doctors are great. West side has lesser rush. Best time to visit is before 8am as it will be pretty empty...Dr. Lederman doesn’t force you to do a certain treatment. He explains all options and let’s the couple decide..
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I highly recommend Dr.Lederman and his team (Martha, Norma). I first visited Dr.Lederman early 2020 after 2 miscarriages and a referral from my OBGYN.The results of the genetic testing and hysteroscopy didn’t show any health issues so we tried one more time naturally while being monitored. Dr. Lederman doesn’t force you to do a certain treatment. He explains all options and let’s the couple decide. Unfortunately, we had a third miscarriage and Dr. Lederman recommended D&C as it would help identify the cause with testing. It turned out to be a chromosomal abnormality and he recommended us to do IVF with pgt testing. I am finally pregnant with my first Ivf cycle without a miscarriage and close to ending my first trimester. I am so thankful to RMA and the team to always answer my questions and helping me on my journey with infertility which can be really hard. I will definitely come back to Dr.Lederman for my future babies!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with questions as he can talk very fast. Have faith in him over your Google searches
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Matthew Lederman

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Stein was always extremely respectful, warm, informative, positive, and helpful with all of the many questions my partner and I had over the 2 treatments to become pregnant...We tried IUI at first, but it was made very clear that with our issue, it probably wouldn’t work (however insurance required we at least try) - then we moved onto the egg retrieval, testing and freezing, and IVF. We had our first child with only one round of IVF! Couldn’t be a more perfect child. We are currently pregnant with our second, again for pregnant on the first IVF treatment. Dr stein explained that he would not want to transfer 2 embryo at a time given our specific male-driven issue, which is good because we probably would have had twins (always more risky)
they [staff at RMA of New York] were always so great about everything I could only recommend them...I thought they [nurses] were always excellent, responsive, and flexible with timing (since I was almost always way late and they always accommodated)...The clinic has mainly strengths. Really truly always a great experience with everyone. My only comment for them would be to make sure they explain what each med is and why it’s important. I did have one issue where I didnt realize a med had a refill, so I stopped taking it for days.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is the best- I wouldn’t trust anyone else with building our family. I know we can count on him for the most professional and sensible advice and care. We have one child and are expecting our second, and through years now we have successfully put our trust in dr Stein
Go for it. He is a true expert on the field, and your potential children are too valuable to be trusted with someone who is just ok
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I thought they were always excellent, responsive, and flexible with timing (since I was almost always way late and they always accommodated)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic has mainly strengths. Really truly always a great experience with everyone. My only comment for them would be to make sure they explain what each med is and why it’s important. I did have one issue where I didnt realize a med had a refill, so I stopped taking it for days. Somehow I mentioned it in passing to a nurse who told me to get right back on it. Luckily everything was fine, but I think had the purpose of the med and the overall plan been explained, it might have been avoided. Honestly though they were always so great about everything I could only recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
First time was free, second time we had to pay for everything- they didn’t take our new insurance
NY - Westside

I was on the PCOS spectrum, and my husband had a poor morphology rating. Dr. Stein suggested we start with IUI was it was much less invasive than IVF, and believed with medication I was put on (Letrozole and the trigger shot), combined with my husband cutting out marijuana, we would have success. He suggested three IUI cycles...he clearly answered all questions, comments, etc, no matter how crazy my internet based questions were!...He clearly went over all options available to us, and provided his recommendation on what he thought would be best.
Eliza [nurse at RMA of New York] was amazing, always answering my emails in a timely manner, again no matter how crazy the question, and was always very comforting on the phone...IUI requires a few visits to the office each cycle - blood work, follicle monitoring, and the actual IUI procedure itself (you both need to go in that day!). Dr. Stein performed our first IUI procedure, and did so clearly explaining each step, and injecting just the right amount of humor into it all to help us feel more relaxed!...The entire staff were extremely detailed oriented - from the front desk, to the nurses, to the financial consultants. Each was able to clearly explain all aspects of what we were going through to us so we felt informed the entire time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
For our first appointment we met with Dr. Stein to discuss our situation: current test results done by my OBGYN, review additional testing that would be done to determine next steps, and anything else we had on our mind - he clearly answered all questions, comments, etc, no matter how crazy my internet based questions were! Once all results were back we went back in to meet with Dr. Stein to discuss our options. He clearly went over all options available to us, and provided his recommendation on what he thought would be best. We decided to move forward with IUI per his recommendation as he did not think we needed to start with anything too invasive at first, planning to do three rounds before reassessing our options. Dr. Stein performed our first IUI procedure, and did so clearly explaining each step, and injecting just the right amount of humor into it all to help us feel more relaxed! When our third attempt didn't work, we did one more round of IUI while we waited for our appointment with Dr. Stein to discuss what to do next. After our fourth IUI procedure, before it was time to take a pregnancy test, we had our follow up with Dr. Stein to discuss next steps. He went over the entire IVF process. We left that appointment feeling hopeful and excited to get that next process started. We felt that we were in the best hands. I was more relaxed after that meeting than I had been since before we initially met with him to start IUI... perhaps that is what helped lead to a positive pregnancy test with our fourth IUI cycle! Tomorrow I will be 20 weeks pregnant with our son. We are so thankful to Dr. Stein, Eliza, and the entire team at RMA of NY Westside for their support throughout this process. I would highly recommend them to anyone encountering fertility issues. We definitely plan on going back when we are ready for baby number 2.
Go into the process with an open mind, and try to stay calm and relaxed throughout the whole process as you are in the best hands.
If you have experienced any level of infertility, you know how overwhelming everything can feel. We were referred to Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York by my OBGYN when I was diagnosed with PCOS, and my husband's sperm analysis showed his morphology was less than normal. I chose the westside location as it was close to my office. Our appointment was scheduled with Dr. Stein, and his team made us feel comfortable with the process as soon as we walked in the door. The staff at the front desk welcome and greet you when you sign in- every time you enter. For our first appointment we met with Dr. Stein to discuss our situation: current test results done by my OBGYN, review additional testing that would be done to determine next steps, and anything else we had on our mind - he clearly answered all questions, comments, etc, no matter how crazy my internet based questions were! We then met with our assigned nurse, Eliza, who reviewed our upcoming testing schedule with us. Eliza was amazing, always answering my emails in a timely manner, again no matter how crazy the question, and was always very comforting on the phone. Once all results were back we went back in to meet with Dr. Stein to discuss our options. He clearly went over all options available to us, and provided his recommendation on what he thought would be best. We decided to move forward with IUI per his recommendation as he did not think we needed to start with anything too invasive at first, planning to do three rounds before reassessing our options. IUI requires a few visits to the office each cycle - blood work, follicle monitoring, and the actual IUI procedure itself (you both need to go in that day!). Dr. Stein performed our first IUI procedure, and did so clearly explaining each step, and injecting just the right amount of humor into it all to help us feel more relaxed! While we did not necessarily see Dr. Stein or Eliza at all of those appointments over the three months, we felt very comfortable and in great hands with the doctors and nurses we did see. When we had an unsuccessful third IUI attempt, we were obviously upset and disappointed. I spoke with Eliza, who was the support I needed at the time, as I did not know what to do next as I was so accustomed to going in for day 1 blood work to start my next IUI cycle. As our follow up appointment with Dr. Stein was not for another two weeks, she suggested that my husband and I consider trying just one more time so we did not have to spend two weeks just waiting around. We decided to give it one more go. After the fourth IUI procedure, before it was time to take a pregnancy test, we had our follow up with Dr. Stein to discuss next steps. He went over the entire IVF process. We left that appointment feeling hopeful and excited to get that next process started. We felt that we were in the best hands. I was more relaxed after that meeting than I had been since before we initially met with him to start IUI... perhaps that is what helped lead to a positive pregnancy test with our fourth IUI cycle! I got the call from Eliza confirming that the blood work showed I was pregnant - she was as happy as we were! Tomorrow I will be 20 weeks pregnant with our son. We are so thankful to Dr. Stein, Eliza, and the entire team at RMA of NY Westside for their support throughout this process. I would highly recommend them to anyone encountering fertility issues. We definitely plan on going back when we are ready for baby number 2.
I was on the PCOS spectrum, and my husband had a poor morphology rating. Dr. Stein suggested we start with IUI was it was much less invasive than IVF, and believed with medication I was put on (Letrozole and the trigger shot), combined with my husband cutting out marijuana, we would have success. He suggested three IUI cycles. When the three did not work, we met with him to discuss our next options - in the meantime we were in the middle of trying a fourth time as our appointment with Dr. Stein was not for another two weeks after the third failed attempt. He explained that our next options were either trying IUI for a total of six months (2 more times) or looking into IVF. My husband and I did not want to do two more rounds of IUI, so asked that he explain the IVF process to us. After that meeting we felt calm and in the most capable hands, ready to go on to the IVF process... I felt so relaxed that I think it led to my positive pregnancy test with the fourth IUI cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstendig )
The staff at the front desk welcome and greet you when you sign in- every time you enter. After our initial meeting with Dr. Stein, we then met with our assigned nurse, Eliza, who reviewed our upcoming testing schedule with us. Eliza was amazing, always answering my emails in a timely manner, again no matter how crazy the question, and was always very comforting on the phone. IUI requires a few visits to the office each cycle - blood work, follicle monitoring, and the actual IUI procedure itself (you both need to go in that day!). Eliza was the nurse who gave me my trigger shot two times, and if she was working the day I received blood work back, was the nurse who called me. If Eliza was not working that day, each nurse I had/spoke to was just as warm and caring. When we had an unsuccessful third IUI attempt, we were obviously upset and disappointed. I spoke with Eliza, who was the support I needed at the time, as I did not know what to do next as I was so accustomed to going in for day 1 blood work to start my next IUI cycle. As our follow up appointment with Dr. Stein was not for another two weeks, she suggested that my husband and I consider trying just one more time so we did not have to spend two weeks just waiting around. We decided to give it one more go. I got the call from Eliza confirming that the blood work showed I was pregnant - she was as happy as we were!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My IUI costs were only copays for each visit.
NY - Westside

I would say this, out of the 6 clinics I have been to, Dr. Flisser has been the most reliable, organized and trustworthy doctor. He made me feel at ease with my procedure. He is very knowledgeable in his work, his bedside manners were great and his empathy for his patients is amazing. He made sure that when I left to continue with my obstetrician I was in the right hands...We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer...He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation.
The clinic [RMA of New York] can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming...My nurse and care coordinator were great communicators and worked really well as a team. I would always recieve a phone call and email with instructions.They would also write and say in every email to feel free to contact them whenever I had questions. It made me feel comfortable in turning to them for anything.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please be open to his suggestions and recommendations.
Dr. Flisser is very personable and caring. He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation. He also kept his word about being there during the embryo transfer. He went above and beyond.
We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer. The medications prescribed included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, HCG, Estrace, Medrol and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming.