Natan Bar-Chama

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2019 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. Lederman] told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner.
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion...Sometimes the White Plains office can get very busy. Fridays especially. Request early appointment times if you can, as those seemed to have the shortest wait. Other than that, the staff kept everything moving efficiently.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first met with Dr. Lederman, I explained my symptoms and shortly thereafter we went into another room to look at my ovaries on ultrasound. Immediately, he told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner. I really felt like he was always on my team, and routing for our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is trying to find the right protocol for your body. Everyone is different and one protocol will not produce the same results for two different people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman always remembered my case when he saw me during treatments. He was always so kind and personable, and so empathetic when we didn’t get results we were looking for.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols, but the one that worked for me was estrogen priming (patches). This produced the most amount of follicles for me, and resulted in two PGS normal embryos. Previously we had used birth control before cycle starts but that seemed to suppress me too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shakira - nurse for bloods. Andrea - coordinator )
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion. She and Audrey are the sweetest.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most treatments for us other than anesthesia and embryo testing.
2021, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring...
RMA is efficient and reliable...It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler was the doctor who did my egg retrieval - he was not the doctor I initially met. I was initially nervous about not being able to select a doctor for my retrieval, but I realize at RMA, it doesn't matter who you meet initially because you will be working with the entire team. Some people are uncomfortable with this. Once I understood that this was the case, I didn't mind. I felt confident that the team was reliable. I also understood that the purpose of going to a clinic like this, is to try and get the maximum efforts for fertility - hence the initial doctor I met also suggested an embryo freeze to IVF as opposed to simple egg retrieval due to my age and circumstances. I was nervous going into the procedure, as I had never gone under anesthesia (which only lasted 30 minutes). Dr. Sandler came in quickly, introduced himself, promised he would retrieve as many eggs as possible, and got more eggs than were part of any of my monitoring. While I have yet to confirm the number of embryos we have after PGT, I believe he did exceptional for what was needed. I also did not bleed or spot at all after the egg retrieval and recovered completely in 24 hours. I do think this was a result of his excellent and fast care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Disregard the negative reviews - Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring. That being said, the efficiency of all of the nurses and doctors made them a good team. If you feel you need bedside manner or ask more questions, you need to speak up and ask for it. I felt I needed more at several times and so I made them set up additional meetings with doctors and nurses when I felt I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I did not like my coordinator - she was too inexperienced and tried to rush me into the procedure before she went on vacation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is efficient and reliable. I went there because my closest friend had her baby there with a donor egg in her mid 40s. It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible. I have yet to find out how many embryos have made it through PGT, so I will elaborate further once I get the results.
Benjamin Sandler
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Single Embryo Transfer
Rachel Gerber

2019 - 2021, Successful
We were pretty defeated when we switched to Dr. Lederman. He was patient and understanding. 2 frozen embryos has lead to our 18 month old daughter and another baby on the way. I would highly recommend him!...Meds and timing were adjusted for optimal results before the retrieval. Transfer was pushed back a week for optimal hormone levels...they enforced embryo testing before transfer.
[RMA of New York] enforced embryo testing before transfer......I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second...I was called by 2 different nurses on the same day with different medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he is patient and understanding.
Even though they were busy they didn’t rush you in and out. They patiently answered all of your questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The staff was all friendly and would call to communicate all results.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second. Front desk staff in Westchester are very friendly.
I believe when did retrieval and transfer was about $17k.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I like that they enforced embryo testing before transfer.

2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon had the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with. She is sympathetic and listened to all concerns...she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease...Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid...
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions...there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We saw Dr. Sekhon after 8 months of trying after a miscarriage. We tried one IUI (after doing two rounds with another clinic) and then went to IVF. Our retrieval resulted in 18 eggs with 4 genetically normal embryos. Our first transfer was successful and I am currently pregnant. Not only did Dr. Sekhon make us successful, she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease. Would recommend her to anyone looking for treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid (even if it probably is).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like how there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
My treatments were mostly covered under my works fertility benefits

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations... I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see he
[My IVF Coordinator at RMA of New York] was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done...[staff] was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person...Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most compassionate doctor I have ever worked with (fertility or otherwise). I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see her at transfers it was as if no time had past. She knew me, my history, and made me feel comfortable in a situation that could be categorized as extremely scary and uncomfortable.
Fertility treatments can be an extremely unknown and scary process. Trust that Dr. Sekhon is taking your situation into consideration and truly cares about your outcome with each step of the process.
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations. She often brought up my partner and spoke of her fondly (she could not join appointments due to covid). She was truly invested in the outcome of each procedure and answered any and all questions I had. I never felt rushed by her or that I was an inconvenience.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Sekhon had me start with an HSG to ensure I had no tubal blockage before starting treatment. If I had she would have made sure to focus on one ovary instead of the blocked. However, I did not have any blockages and started with two unmedicated IUI cycles as there was no reason to believe I couldn't get pregnant with just insemination. I did inject a trigger shot 36 hours before insemination. Due to having a limited number of Sperm Donor vials I consulted with Dr. Sekhon and we agreed moving to IVF would be a great next step. I worked with her team to get all documentation ready during IUI number two so we would be ready to move straight to IVF if needed. I did two egg retrievals using injectable stim medications and a trigger shot which both resulted in around 20 eggs being retrieved and 8 blastocysts sent of for PGT-A testing. I then had two frozen embryo transfers, the first not resulting in a pregnancy, and the second resulting in a pregnancy. Throughout both transfers I took Estrogen Pills and Progesterone injections to help maintain the pregnancy.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Going into any new doctor situation is nerve wracking as an LGBTQ person, however, Dr. Sekhon never made me feel that way. She spoke to me as a person who wanted to get pregnant and needed help with it. I never felt uncomfortable or judged. She was extremely knowledgeable and made sure to share all options I had when starting this process. When my first two rounds of IUI did not result in a pregnancy and I had limited donor sperm vials left she helped talk through the best options and how moving to IVF could be a better option for future planning for me and my wife.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
My IVF Coordinator, Jennifer Needle, was instrumental throughout my egg retrievals and frozen embryo transfers. She was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done. She was always available to hop on a call and would respond to emails within the hour. If there were ever concerns or questions I knew she would be extremely helpful, even if she didn't have the answer, she would find the person who did.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is a wonderful practice full of caring practitioners. I have visited most of their office locations (Madison, Soho, and White Plains) and they each vary in their strengths and weaknesses. Madison is a large office and there is usually a short waiting period. The rooms are decent sized and while I never had my partner join me due to covid there would have been plenty of room. The Soho office is very small and intimate, but extremely efficient. The wait time for monitoring is typically no more than 5-10 minutes, they have a great system down. The exam rooms are extremely small and when my partner was able to join me for ultrasounds it was extremely cramped. However, the doctor was very mindful of this and always made sure to tell her where to stand to ensure she could see the screen. The White Plains office is a decent size, however constantly behind on their monitoring appointments, there were times I wasn't seen over an hour after my appointment time. Additionally, the front desk staff can sometimes be abrasive, you never know what to expect in this office, sometimes it is seamless in and out and others you're there for 30m-1h. However, the nurses at all locations were extremely thoughtful and helpful in each office and always made me feel cared for.
My insurance fully covered my fertility treatments so I only needed to pay my insurance deductible and out of pocket max ($7K).
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon transfers only one embryo at a time. I was not concerned with this approach as I did not want there to be a chance of multiples. Dr. Sekhon explained her practice with this and I was aligned with her practices.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
RMA of NY was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person. While often this was something that didn't come up as my wife was unable to attend monitoring appointments due to covid, when she could join me everyone was welcoming and kind.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them. My cryobank had all of RMA's information already in their system and was able to deliver vials within one days time. I simply had to call my cryobank, tell them how many vials I wanted to ship and who my clinic was and they confirmed the information with me and set up the shipment. I would then send an email to a specific RMA email address with the shipment information and when they could expect arrival. I never had any issues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was gearing up for a transfer cycle at RMA. The day or two before my cycle started I received a call from one of the nurses informing me that I would not be able to complete a transfer cycle that month due to a government mandate that the IVF lab be closed for cleaning for the month. I understand that RMA had no control over when the government mandates this, but I would have liked to been given more notice as I had made specific plans surrounding this cycle.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands...She was easily accessible by email and phone...While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings...She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator...
Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA [of New York], while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner...The clinic was not always helpful in coordinating care with Pharmacy. I had the most challenges with the RN assigned to my care...She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent doctor. She is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands. While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings. She was easily accessible by email and phone. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as a doctor. She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator.
I would have liked to have all appointments with Dr. Sekhon.
Dr. Sekhon answered all of the questions I had in a very timely manner. She was also very kind in dealing with my numerous questions.
I had a standard IVF process, where I took medication in preparation for the egg retrieval, had egg retrieval and the next cycle had 5-day frozen embryo transplant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie )
While Dr. Sekhon was amazing, I did not have the same experience with her Nurse, Connie. She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present. She was the only who called with my blood results, and those calls felt very rushed. I did not often get to ask follow up questions (which was OK I guess because I emailed those to Dr. Sekhon and she got back to me within the same day (if not within hrs!))
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: fast and convenient Weakness: I saw the medical assistance for blood draw the most, since they were in such a hurry the care did not feel personalized. I felt more like a factory (which I guess is the cost of being fast, but I wonder if there could be some balance because I spent more time with the medical assistants who drew my blood). Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA, while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner.
I paid for co-pays for each ultrasound/blood retrieval ($20/visit), anesthesia for egg retrieval, and co-pays for medication.

2021, 30 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times...I felt informed about all aspects of the process...I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her...
Jennifer [nurse at RMA of New York] was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions...The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience as Dr. Sekhon's patient. Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times. My experience was completely in line with what Dr. Sekhon outlined at my initial consultation, and I felt informed about all aspects of the process. I would highly recommend egg freezing in general to any of my friends, and I feel my positive experience was in large part due to being in Dr. Sekhon's care.
Dr. Sekhon put me at ease and was patient in answering all questions throughout the process. I consistently felt that Dr. Sekhon was patient and thorough in all of her interactions with me. Because of the nature of the monitoring appointments, I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her.
Antagonist protocol with dual trigger
Jennifer was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I chose RMA because of the doctors there and its reputation, and I had an overall positive experience. The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
Egg freezing is covered by my employer in full after meeting my out-of-pocket max ($1500) so my expenses were minimal relative to the total cost.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.
2014 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude...I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby...
Amazing staff [at RMA of New York], an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that...The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business...They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude. He’s the opposite of a slick marketing machine. I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby. In 2020 at age 39 I returned for two more rounds of IVF with purpose to get a female embryo and I was not nearly as successful… only getting one male embryo. In hindsight I should have done an IVF round in 2018 after giving birth. But I wound up accepting reality and successfully transferring a 3rd male embryo, and now I am the mother of three beautiful boys. RMA gets criticized for being a factory, but that’s what you want! They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process. Fertility is NOT the time to go boutique, it’s the time to go with the operation who has a lock-step process in place.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Trust the process but do NOT delay another minute in getting your fertility journey underway.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is a lovely person and has a very calm demeanor. He was always positive while also being honest especially in my latter cycles at a later age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business. They do an amazing job at hiring!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing staff, an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I was not interested in having twins, but was deemed likely to carry them so we only transferred one embryo at a time
Alan Copperman

2021, Successful
He [Dr. Mukherjee] was thorough, kind, compassionate and really took his time to explain everything to both my husband and I. From the moment we stepped into his office, he went over every step of IVF in detail with us...I emailed Dr. Mukherjee after my retrieval as I had questions and he called me back immediately....
I really do not think that RMA had any weaknesses. I think they were great at explaining the processes, explaining the medication instructions, giving instructions on where to go and when to arrive for different procedures. I would recommend just writing everything down and keeping a calendar for your medications and appointments...Listen carefully to the instructions given, lean on RMA for support and you can always email the doctor.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was thorough, kind, compassionate and really took his time to explain everything to both my husband and I. From the moment we stepped into his office, he went over every step of IVF in detail with us. He predicted that based on both mine and my husband's history, that IVF would be a success for us, and that was exactly the case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Listen carefully to the instructions given, lean on RMA for support and you can always email the doctor. I emailed Dr. Mukherjee after my retrieval as I had questions and he called me back immediately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was thorough, kind, warm, compassionate and correct in all of his predictions from the moment we met him, until discharge day. I would 100% recommend him and his team to anyone who is having infertility issues as he was truly so spot on with everything he suggested.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
This I am unsure of
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marissa, Clara, Julia )
Marissa and Clara were the nurses that I spoke to the most. Both were extremely kind, through, organized and efficient. Julia was my coordinator and she was just the best. Sumer responsive, kind and caring.
Tanmoy Mukherjee
2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is a caring, helpful doctor. Our procedures went exactly how she described. While I didn't see her at every monitoring visit, I was always seen by one of her doctor colleagues who were friendly and professional as well. I appreciated Dr. Sekhon's willingness to answer questions and provide additional detail about the protocol we were following...We did 1 egg retrieval and 1 FET which resulted in a pregnancy. We were also recommended to do PGT.
RMA of NY is a large clinic but very efficiently run. The staff was friendly and helpful - this process was physically and emotionally tiring for me - but I felt confident about the expertise of my doctors and nursing staff...Jennifer [nurse] was extremely helpful in coordinating care. We primarily communicated over email and she would respond very quickly...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a caring, helpful doctor. Our procedures went exactly how she described. While I didn't see her at every monitoring visit, I was always seen by one of her doctor colleagues who were friendly and professional as well. I appreciated Dr. Sekhon's willingness to answer questions and provide additional detail about the protocol we were following. IVF is a convoluted process but I felt confident we were in good hands with her.
Bring all your questions to your first visit - she will take the time to answer them.
I
Jennifer was extremely helpful in coordinating care. We primarily communicated over email and she would respond very quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctor and I were on the same page re: doing a eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
In between the egg retrieval and FET, I had to call a few times to discuss the next steps for my cycle. It felt like things were a bit up in the air - but overall it was a minor blip in my experience.

3 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Sekhon] is personable, smart and incrediblly dedicated. I feel lucky to have her as our doctor for this very stressful process. Lucky listened, provided balanced advance, and went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met...amazing bedside manner- she really sees each patient as an individual and takes the time to explain all procedures and her reasoning very well...
Strength is they've [RMA of NY] done a lot of IVF. Weakness is it feels a bit like a factory. Overall, however, I had a wonderful experience bc my primary team w Dr Sekhon was great. RMA also does a good job of providing a financial counselor to help w understanding the payment portion of the journey which is key...No options for multiple embryo transfer at RMA...Great nursing staff- supportive and kind...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a gift. She is personable, smart and incrediblly dedicated. I feel lucky to have her as our doctor for this very stressful process. Lucky listened, provided balanced advance, and went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met. I'd recommend her to anyone seeking to get pregnant.
Come with all your questions- Dr. Sekhon will gladly answer them!
Lucky has the most amazing bedside manner- she really sees each patient as an individual and takes the time to explain all procedures and her reasoning very well.
- I don't recall
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Great nursing staff- supportive and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength is they've done a lot of IVF. Weakness is it feels a bit like a factory. Overall, however, I had a wonderful experience bc my primary team w Dr Sekhon was great. RMA also does a good job of providing a financial counselor to help w understanding the payment portion of the journey which is key.
$16k per cycle
No options for multiple embryo transfer at RMA; one thing that may be worth considering as a future possible change

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me
NY - Eastside

I did 3 IUIs [with Dr. Lekovich] using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF...She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient...She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on...Two nurses told me different things about choosing a sperm donor. One nurse made me feel that I should definitely change my donor while the other said it was fine...Each IUI was around $300...The main problem is just that I wish they were open for more hours in the day! They only do many procedures between 9am and 12:30 which isn't always convenient. The nurses always call back when I call. I have gotten some conflicting information from some nurses, but they quickly cleared up their miscommunication.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich explains everything that is going to happen in detail. She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change for multiples. She is very direct and clear. She does not coddle or spend a lot of time on letting her patients feel bad and disappointed. She just moves on to the next step in the plan, which i appreciate but may bot be for everyone. for my actual IUIs, she only performed one and other doctors did the other two. I would have preferred that she be able to do all of them, but the other doctors were equally qualified and kind.
Ask a lot of questions! She will explain them. Make a list for every meeting.
Dr. Lekovich and everyone who works at RMA is extremely kind and warm. She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient.
I did 3 IUIs using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on that cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Each IUI was around $300.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments...now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant...She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world...guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live...Estephany [our IVF Coordinator] was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments. My ability to overcome this complicated illness is due to her help and guidance. She encouraged me to continue and now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant. She is very thorough and compassionate. She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them. She had a great sense of humor, always listened to me, and she had a positive outlook on my treatment. She was very thorough during the treatment making sure that we did everything we needed to succeed. I followed her advice and now I am pregnant with my first child.
Make an appointment and then let her walk you through how to succeed in your treatment. You can be open with her about any issues that you think are hindering you from having children, and she will work with you closely to solve them.
Dr. Lekovich made me feel very comfortable from the start of our treatment, especially the IVF Treatment. She helped me to overcome Vaginismus so that I would be able to do treatments. It was her recommendations that allowed me to overcome this terrible illness and put me in the position to start treatment and success. She also always listened to me and our partner. Her and her staff were very detail oriented and very knowledgeable and focused on my treatment. She showed me that she understood my situation and she gave me hope that I would get pregnant. She was very detailed in the IVF Treatment, making sure that she made the proper changes during treatment so that we would succeed. Her support, encouragement, her sense of humor, her knowledge, skills, and her big heart were all very evident. I was blessed to have her as my doctor.
IVF has two parts, an egg retrieval part in which as many eggs as possible are retrieved, and a Transfer part in which the Embryo is transferred into a woman's uterus. During the egg retrieval part of my treatment, I went for monitoring every day, and based on my blood levels and ultrasounds, Dr. Lekovich would make the necessary changes to the doses in my treatment. During the transfer stage, I had to go to monitoring a few times a week. Dr. Lekovich made sure to do everything possible to get optimal results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Our IVF Coordinator was Estephany Jimenez. Estephany was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world. Dr. Lekovich's guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live. The clinic is very thorough about your treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has many offices, we did our monitoring in Long Island, which was closer to us.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich's approach with regard to the amount of embryos transferred is based on a model that RMA follows. Since my wife was young, she only put in one embryo for the transfer.
Brooklyn

Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc...[he] did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
The [RMA of NY] clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well...I had insurance and paid about $4000 out of pocket to reach out of pocket max and deductible...[nurses are] Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Well spoken, clear communicator and compassionate. Dr. Flisser clearly explained the treatment, options etc. I would recommend him to others and I plan to have additional treatments with him as my doctor.
Have all of your questions ready to ask and be comfortable asking them. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Flisser’s team of nurses for assistance as well.
Dr. Flisser has been great each time I met with him - clear, understanding and compassionate. He knows what he’s doing for sure. RMA has a team approach so he wasn’t the doctor doing my embryo transfer. I understood that would be the case but I wasn’t comfortable with the doc that did the transfer as he voiced his opinion on genetic testing right before the transfer (and his opinion differed from Dr. Flisser’s which made me uncomfortable in my choice not to do testing).
Dr. Flisser did a micro flare treatment using low dose Lupron 2 times per day, gonal f 1 time per day and menopur one time per day. A previous treatment with another doc that I had was mainly gonal f and the results were good - that’s likely why the microflare was the prescribed treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great! Very organized and responsive during all stages of treatment. The ivf coordinator was very helpful also.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is a machine - very well run. Even with many patients waiting I was always in and out quickly. Although the clinic has many patients they are able to stay organized and manage the flow well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient and very well run always.
Given that the embryos weren’t blasocyst it made sense to transfer 2.

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications
Taraneh Nazem
NY - Eastside

We like that Dr. Sekhon took the time to get to know us, our goals, problems, frustrations, etc. She took the time to explain everything to us and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. I think she genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to speak with us on multiple occasions during off hours...We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
Our primary nurse [at RMA of New York] was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great...Monitoring hours was our least favorite part of the experience with RMA. You could end up waiting up to 30 minutes and you are not sure what doctor you are going to see. They have so many patients that sometimes you feel like the doctor is a bit rushed. They also only have so much time to review your chart prior to coming into the room. The nursing staff and team that drew blood were incredible. Dr. Sekhon always let us know when she was going to be available for monitoring hours so we could see her. We always preferred that.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely empathetic and patient. She took extra time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable every step of the way. We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
I would advise not to hold back any questions you have. Even if you think its a silly or unnecessary question, you should still ask. Dr. Sekhon is happy to take the time to make sure you understand everything and are comfortable.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. We did 2 cycles of timed intercourse. Dr. Sekhon quickly determined that I had a hormone and that timed intercourse / IUI would not work. She recommended IVF. We did 9 days of hormone injections prior to the egg retrieval which resulted in 39 eggs. We ultimately got 15 healthy and genetically tested embryos. We successfully got pregnant on the 1st embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Our primary nurse was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The thing that stood out to us is how large of a clinic this was. The positive part about this is that they obviously have great experience. Dr. Sekhon mentioned to us that whenever they are reviewing test results, discussing medication plans, etc. - multiple doctors are looking at it and coming to a decision as a team. The negative part about the size of the clinic is something you feel like the specifics of your fertility issue might get a little lost in the shuffle. For example, we had certain coordinators or nurses call us that didn't really know much about our situation, which could be frustrating at times. We'd just recommend that any new patient be an advocate for themselves. If you don't feel comfortable any point just get in touch with your specific doctor or nurse as needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All in we spent approximately $15,000-$17,000 including everything.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside
[Protocol with Dr. Klein] 2 IVF cycles - both antagonist - first without birth control and the second with. We needed a second cycle after all our embryos arrested on day 3 in the first cycle. The second cycle was different to help the eggs mature at the same rate to retrieve more mature eggs. Both cycles produces 18 eggs each...Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested...he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator [at RMA of New York] who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate...The office was rarely busy for morning monitoring, and my wait was typically shorter than 15 minutes. Typically, once I got called in for blood draw, the ultrasound nurse was waiting for me...The main office is in midtown Manhattan is the only clinic open during weekends and holidays, which was inconvenient for me on the rare occasion when I needed morning monitoring during the weekend. Otherwise, the staff is pleasant and friendly, phone calls and emails are always returned, and the office is clean.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If I could take Dr. Klein with me everywhere I go, I would. He is equally kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly and takes the time to answer any questions I had, sets clear expectations and fully appraises you of the risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, ask them. If you have concerns, raise them. He will take the time to answer them as best as possible and make you as comfortable as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested on the day 3 in my first IVF cycle, he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein discussed costs with us during our initail consultation. However, most costs associated with my IVF treatment were covered by insurance. I did pay for the remainder of my deductible, which was very little at this point, and for genetic testing of my self, my husband, and the embryos out of pocket, totaling approximately $4000. The cost of the anesthesiologist was not covered by insurance as she was out of network, and that cost $750 for each egg retrieval.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein is particular to elective single embryo transfers for the safety of the mother and the fetus.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way...So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
They [RMA of New York] mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact...They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way!
Come prepared to ask any questions you have so that he can help you to get a full picture of your options and what's the best route for you:)
He was very caring and clear as he explained every single detail of what he believes is going on in my body and how we will proceed to combat it. He also made it clear that we could choose whatever route felt right for us but also explained what he would do based on our genetic testing.
We are still waiting to get that information. We will know in the next few weeks! So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My care coordinator seemed to care a lot but she neglected to keep us updated on certain things and I found myself having to email her to get information more than I would have liked. She was very positive but because she wasn't as thorough as we wanted, I sometimes got discouraged about the whole thing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted. Their phone system wasn't always the best because you always had to go through the front desk for any inquiries so you sometimes had to wait a day or two for the right person to call you back. Its best to email them directly and follow up a lot. They are however very thorough and do care so much. They want to make sure that you are fully prepared for everything you will embark on every step of the way.
My insurance did not cover ANYTHING. All in all ours will be about $20,000 altogether. Visits were $70 each. My insurance is United Healthcare Oxford (Liberty plan)
Not sure yet. We have not discussed this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact. They also didn't tell us immediately what all of the exact steps were when preparing for what we thought would be our first approach. This never happened due to my genetic results coming back with a pre-mutation. I feel like I sometimes had to call and ask things that I thought they would have told me ahead of time.
NY - Eastside

Dr Sekhon was extremely warm, and in tune with my expectations and concerns.She always answered all of my questions in person as well as through emails. ... Dr Sekhon was extremely professional and explained the IUI process thoroughly during our ZOOM video visit. After getting the baseline Ultrasound she was able to explain further on how to proceed with our treatments( Clomid, Ovidrel ) She was always very kind and patient as I had a million questions, and which were always answered by Dr Sekhon. My husband and I completely trusted my care with Dr Sekhon as she was very thorough and explained in detail of our chances being pregnant. She is kind, compassionate, knowledgable, professional, and patient, something that we value. I would recommend Dr Sekhon to my friends/family in a heart beat. Absolutely no complaints!
Loved the Madison office, SOHO office was OK. The staff at both offices [RMA of New York] were professional, kind and always helpful. I arrived usually at my appt time and was seen within 5-10 minutes. Both offices were extremely clean, and always had nice music playing ... It was a pleasure to work with Connie! She was extremely kind, and always responded to my emails. She would call me with my lab results, and always answered all of my questions
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Have a list of questions and be prepared to squeeze them during your visits
Only used Clomid, and Ovidrel for my treatment
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Loved the Madison office, SOHO office was OK. The staff at both offices were professional, kind and always helpful. I arrived usually at my appt time and was seen within 5-10 minutes. Both offices were extremely clean, and always had nice music playing
not sure! i believe my insurance covered it
none