Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lederman is very kind and approachable. He is happy to answer questions and allows his personality and compassion to shine through in his work...Dr. Lederman was extremely helpful in making me feel like I wasn't the only person who has experienced this, and he shared that even though it was not the outcome we hoped for, the retrieval round provided us with good information moving forward....
[RMA of New York] Strengths: evidence-based, tons of research goes into their strategies, highly knowledgeable, good reputation Weaknesses: sometimes can be disorganized, it's a huge clinic so sometimes you feel like a "number"...[nurses are] Truly amazing. So kind, loving, and they're really rooting for you...they only do single embryo transfers, as far as I know...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When I initially consulted with Dr. Lederman, I had no idea what to expect. He was helpful in providing education to my husband and I around fertility procedures, etc. We did several diagnostic tests, and ultimately had the diagnosis of unexplained infertility. We proceeded with 3 rounds of IUI; none of which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Then, we moved toward IVF. For my first egg retrieval, we learned that my egg quality seemed somewhat compromised, and I had challenges with retrieving mature eggs. We ended up with two embryos from the first retrieval, both of which unfortunately were chromosomally abnormal (we had them PGT tested). I was devastated, and Dr. Lederman was extremely helpful in making me feel like I wasn't the only person who has experienced this, and he shared that even though it was not the outcome we hoped for, the retrieval round provided us with good information moving forward. We did another egg retrieval, with altered protocol to hopefully get more eggs, and ended up with 2 normal PGT tested embryos. We transferred one, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Again, I felt so defeated. Dr. Lederman called me throughout each stage of the process to provide me with updated on embryo growth, next steps, and encouragement. We went to go transfer the other embryo we had, and right before the procedure, learned that it had not survived being thawed (this was a day-7 embryo). Yet again, I was crushed. Dr. Lederman provided as much reassurance as he could, given how sad I was. We took a break after that, as mentally I was feeling hopeless about the process. A few months later, we did 2 more rounds of egg retrievals, both times getting 2 chromosomally normal embryos - leaving us with 4 total. We transferred one, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Transferred another, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Transferred a third, and finally we had our strong, positive pregnancy test. After nearly 2 years of working with Dr. Lederman, I am in my second trimester of pregnancy. I cannot express enough how his dedication, warmth, and encouragement meant to my husband and I. Stick with it, and Dr. Lederman will certainly stick with you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Ask questions, express any concerns you have. He is reassuring and knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Truly amazing. So kind, loving, and they're really rooting for you!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered some, but out of pocket we spent around $25,000
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
At my clinic, they only do single embryo transfers, as far as I know. The primary reason being that singleton pregnancies are safest.
Matthew Lederman

2022, 16 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Sekhon] really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat...She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable...standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days...
I found the whole staff [at RMA of New York] very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease...Great location with nice facilities (love the downtown location), efficient (rarely had to wait more than 15-20 min during monitoring to have my ultrasound), friendly (even the blood-taking tech put me at ease about the needles I'd be using)...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I met Dr. Lucky around my 31st birthday and decided at the time to hold off on egg freezing for a couple more years. Around my 33rd, I was no longer living in NYC and considered another, nationally known clinic - I had a horrible, disorganized experience and did not proceed with treatment. Several girlfriends had gone to Dr. Lucky and rated their experience 10/10 so I decided to make the journey to NY to work with her. It was absolutely worth it. She really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat! No hesitation, she's the only fertility doctor I'd go to!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Be open about what you're concerned about and ask all the questions you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky made me felt taken care of every step of the way. She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable. The whole staff at RMA was wonderful.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had a standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I found the whole staff very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
I had Progyny which covered the majority of costs.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sandler is very blunt and to the point - he will go over expectations and crush them if you are aiming too high, but he is more often than not right. He is experienced, knowledgeable, and keeps informed of the latest development...very standard treatments, dosage based on age and regular antagonist...
large clinic [RMA of New York], well -organized, been doing this for over 15 years and have grown. Expect long lines sometimes, but once in the routine, steps are easy to follow- they work with most insurances. another helpful tip is that they allow off-site monitoring that is really great if you dont live close to RMA- but hte facility has to have an agreement with them.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Stick to the facts, ask questions, asks if anything an be different - ie different treatment course, adding something else - do your research before meeting with any doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Large practice, too many patients but also as a result quite experienced on what to expect after a treatment.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
very standard treatments, dosage based on age and regular antagonist (menopur, gonal, cetrotide with HCG trigger). Tried estrogen or the low-flare and it didnt work for me; adding chlomid worked better in increasing the number of eggs/embryos but not their quality. Results varied, not sure if any of the treatment "changes" made a real difference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina )
warm, informative and a great communicator team of nurses. dont get frustrated that they take some time (a few hours) to get back to you; they have a lot of patients but are really nice. Care coordinators have been excellent too- respond on time and to any questions you have - the supporting team ae well-organized, know their processes and help out as much as they can.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
large clinic, well -organized, been doing this for over 15 years and have grown. Expect long lines sometimes, but once in the routine, steps are easy to follow- they work with most insurances. another helpful tip is that they allow off-site monitoring that is really great if you dont live close to RMA- but hte facility has to have an agreement with them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
pre covid it was more than a cattle call - full to the brim! nowdays it is by appointment only making thins much easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
when covered by insurance, at 3K per cycle (including PGS, w/o medications) when privately paid 6-8k for stimming and retrieval, anesthesia was additional + copays for visits
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
due to age, that not negotiable for this practice
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
prescription to freedom fertility were delayed not to the point of jeopardizing anything- just keep an eye -follow through with the team.
Benjamin Sandler

2022, Unknown Success
Everything felt personal; from her [Dr. Gerber] relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story...starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm...
The finance coordinator [at RMA of NY] was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions....I requested that the results of my saline ultrasound be sent to my obgyn. I filled out the necessary paperwork to request the documents and made sure my consent was on file. The documents were never sent. When I called to follow up, they said they would call back and never did. However, when I mentioned to Dr. Gerber during my appointment, she personally send the records the next day...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
It was immediately evident that Dr. Gerber was interested in our "story" and the journey my husband and I were taking towards building a family. Everything felt personal; from her relating her own experiences as a mother to helping us navigate financial concerns as my husband had just lost his job. On follow up visits, she remembers me and my story. On one occasion, I reached out to the RMA office for records. The office never got back to me and I never received what was requested; when I mentioned this to Dr. Gerber during my next appointment, she personally sent me what I needed the very next day. I have full faith in her expertise as a Dr. and cannot wait for her to guide me through the next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Share your concerns openly. Although I was initially embarrassed to share some of my concerns, I never felt judged and she put my mind at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I will be starting the antagonist protocol in April 2022. I'll be taking two injections each day; Follistim in the morning and Menopur in the evening for 9-12 days.Ganirelix/Cetrotide, will be added on when the egg follicles reach 13mm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenna McAuliffe)
I have not had too many interactions as of yet. She has sent me the details of my protocol and seems very organized. She has answered all of my questions so far.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The finance coordinator was not always the easiest to communicate with. She sent me information without reviewing my chart to see what had already been completed. Additionally, when I ask her a question, she often answers vaguely, which requires me to ask follow up questions. Regarding the clinic in general, it is sometimes frustrating that there is not a direct phone number to reach the Mount Kisco location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
I have not received a full picture of this yet.
Rachel Gerber
Westchester

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Stein is] Personable, great bedside manner. Sometimes doesn’t fully explain things and seems a bit rushed during appointments. Wish for more transparency and greater communication. Overall a more than competent doctor whom I trust with my care...My main complaint is they didn’t focus as much on my partner from the start so I feel like we missed out on two opportunities to fertilize more eggs
For two retrievals with insurance coverage it was roughly $20k, including medications for both myself and my partner...[ RMA of NY has a ] Strong performance record and location flexibility. Weak on organization and coordination when working with several doctors for complex cases. This has led to delays in my care, which is extremely stressful when trying to conceive and every delay means an entire month is wasted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with all of your questions and don’t be afraid to push back if something doesn’t make sense.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Uses my first time, personable bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First round resulted in two embryos. Adjusted medication and added a third to help my follicles grow at a better rate. Unfortunately this still resulted in nearly the identical number of mature eggs being retrieved but I ended up with 0 embryos. My main complaint is they didn’t focus as much on my partner from the start so I feel like we missed out on two opportunities to fertilize more eggs. This was a costly miscalculation and I wish I had pushed back more for them to examine everything from all sides. First transfer was genetically tested but unsuccessful. Doctor believes the poor embryo quality to be a factor and says they can’t improve my egg quality and will focus on improving sperm quality instead, which has included medication for the both of us and a TESE procedure for him. Fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very smart and extremely busy. Sometimes slow to return calls but always on top of their game.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
For two retrievals with insurance coverage it was roughly $20k, including medications for both myself and my partner. Billing department does a good job of outlining the costs ahead of time.

2021 - 2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
RMA is a well-oiled machine - they know what they're doing. Despite being a big practice, it was easy for me to reach my care team and everyone I spoke with throughout the process was calm and helpful...They [nurses] called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I went through what was fortunately a very straightforward egg freezing cycle with Dr. Sekhon. The initial consultation appointment was very thorough, and left me with a clear idea of what to reasonably expect for someone freezing at my age (37). I saw Dr. Sekhon several times during my cycle, and each time, even during very brief monitoring appointments, she expertly balanced the straightforward sharing of information about how the cycle was progressing with empathy and care. I was grateful that she was easy to reach with questions, and honest about both the potential and limitations of the freezing process. Her care and that of her team made a daunting process very manageable.
I had to book several weeks out for both my initial consultation and follow up appointment, so be prepared for a possible wait. The time in the appointments moves quickly, and there's a lot of information to process - preparing questions beforehand will help you ensure you have all the info you need (and you can also email her if you need to follow up).
Dr. Sekhon gave a thorough overview of the egg freezing process, and made sure I knew how to reach her and her team with any follow up questions. She responded quickly to my questions, and her team was friendly and easy to reach, which helped make the process very smooth.
I had a very straightforward treatment plan for my egg retrieval - Gonal-F and Menopur for 8-9 days, followed by a trigger shot. Dr. Sekhon attenuated the medication after my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was glad to be able to go into the clinic most convenient to my home during monitoring hours - I had to wait about 10 minutes once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal, and once I got in I was finished in under ten minutes.
The cycle and included appointments was $9,500, the anesthesia for the retrieval was $950, the medications were approximately $5,500.

2021 - 2022, Successful
As difficult as the process is, she [Dr. Thornton] always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic.
[RMA of New York] is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I would highly recommend Dr. Thornton and had a really positive experience going through IVF under her care. As difficult as the process is, she always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic. She is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor, very kind with great bedside manner, and I truly trusted her opinion and recommendations. I can't recommend her enough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was always available to answer my questions and usually responded within a few hours. I truly trusted her advice and she always eased any concerns I had throughout the IVF process, and she treated me with patience and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses and my coordinator were great. Always very responsive and would call back very quickly if I had questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were really easy. I was usually in and out of the office within 30 minutes. I was always able to schedule the time that I wanted, which made it easy to manage before work.
Kimberley Thornton

2018 - 2022, Successful
Under his [Dr. Daniel Stein] care, we thawed my eggs, made embryos and did our first FET in March. It worked and I am now 9 weeks pregnant and cannot thank Dr. Stein and the RMA team enough for their expertise, professionalism, and kind demeanor...Don't expect to see Dr. Stein every visit - he is there for the important stuff but you will see nearly everyone during your monitoring
RMA of NY only practices eSET. They will not do multiples...LOVE that they have a financial coordinator who handled my insurance. I do wish you could request your monitoring appt time online vs always having to call them on a weekly basis but they were pretty good about getting me the time I needed each week.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
have been a patient of Dr. Stein's since 2018 when I decided to freeze my eggs at 34 y/o. Now at 38, I was diagnosed with PCOS so back to Dr. Stein we went! Under his care, we thawed my eggs, made embryos and did our first FET in March. It worked and I am now 9 weeks pregnant and cannot thank Dr. Stein and the RMA team enough for their expertise, professionalism, and kind demeanor. I am so happy I decided to freeze my eggs with Dr. Stein's recommendation when I did and found out recently that RMA of NY has one of the best, if not the best, success rates for successful pregnancies from frozen eggs. We will definitely be back for our second child and will forever be grateful for making our dreams of having children possible for us.
I was always greeted in a warm and professional manner and never felt like just another number.
After being diagnosed at 38 with PCOS, we went straight to IVF and Dr. Stein did not recommend IUI or any other treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie )
Jackie called me weekly - I never met her in person but she always gave me my results and talked me through my next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
For my original egg freezing in 2018, we paid out of pocket about 14k as this wasn't covered by insurance. For our IVF cycle with ICSI, insurance covered us less 10% out of pocket to RMA. I think we paid less than $1500 all in to date.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA of NY only practices eSET. They will not do multiples.

2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser was always thorough and explained things as many times as I needed to hear them. My husband also felt very comfortable with how Dr. Flisser spoke to him during our later monitoring appointments. There was one time that I wanted to try a different schedule of medications than what was suggested. Dr. Flisser was open to my concerns and we were able to adjust the initial plan to something I felt more comfortable with.
Morning monitoring [at RMA of New York] was very organized and ran smoothly. All of the doctors I saw were very kind and thorough even though they weren’t my primary doctor. Whenever I had questions, it was easy to leave a message and someone always returned my call the same day...[the nurses] were always very detailed in reporting results and never hesitated to co silt Dr. flisser if I had a question they couldn’t answer.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask questions! Dr. Flisser will explain everything in depth
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was always very kind and compassionate but also direct and honest- he answered my questions thoroughly and never hesitated to say when he didn’t know the answer to a question. It was a nice surprise that I was able to be seen by him during my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were 2 nurses who typically contacted me with results- Sam and Ariel. They were always very detailed in reporting results and never hesitated to co silt Dr. flisser if I had a question they couldn’t answer.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Morning monitoring was very organized and ran smoothly. All of the doctors I saw were very kind and thorough even though they weren’t my primary doctor. Whenever I had questions, it was easy to leave a message and someone always returned my call the same day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments ran smoothly. Some days were busier than others. On average, I spent about 30 minutes in the office for bloodwork and ultrasound
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Overall, we spent approximately 8k for an egg retrieval and FET
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Flisser explained that in my specific case, he would recommend to begin with a single embryo transfer. He explained the risks in a multi embryo transfer and why it wasn’t the best choice for me at this time. I felt completely comfortable with his recommendation and rationales.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser is straightforward and kind. For some, the stress and trauma of infertility may require a more sugar-coated approach but for me his style allowed me to feel supported, informed, and that I was in charge of my fertility and decisions. He was compassionate about my medical history and gave guidance that was truthful but addressed my specific concerns. I felt I could ask him anything and get a high quality, honest, well intentioned answer...
The office [RMA of New York] is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer...All the nurses at RMA are kind, helpful and supportive. They are your cheerleaders! Leyla in particular goes above and beyond to make her patients feel in control and provides comfort during what can be an otherwise isolating time...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not mistake his honest and straightforward nature for a lack of kindness or compassion. He is brilliant and an excellent resource.
Dr. Flisser helped me evaluate my options with regard to using embryos from a prior retrieval vs natural pregnancy. He was straightforward and kind and supported my decision to try naturally.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had frozen embryos from a previous cycle w Dr. grunfeld (retired in 2020). I came back to RMA to understand how IVF worked when you already had embryos and to evaluate my options. After a few cycles of trying on my own, Dr. Flisser allowed me to continue a natural cycle but with monitoring which helped me feel comforted that I wasn’t wasting my time and ultimately yielded a (so far) successful natural pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is a well run machine. It is efficient, clean, and organized. Once you go a few times you get the hang of how monitoring works so don’t be intimidated by the regularls who know what they’re doing. Mondays and Fridays are a little busy so prepare to wait a little longer. You are in good hands!
I was lucky to have my treatments mostly covered by my insurance but they are very good about confirming insurance upfront and making you aware of any potential costs.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Every question I had she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] answered openly and honestly. As a women of color, it was important to me and my partner to find a doctor whom had familiarity of health concerns that arrises for my demographic...I felt as though I was Dr. Jackson Bey only patient when I knew I wasn't. I would say to also be patient with how fast she responds back to your email. Other than that, in my experience I had a wonderful with Dr. Jackson-Bey...
Nicole [nurse at RMA of New York] was amazing. She answered all my questions regardless of how many times I asked her. I never had to wait long when I had appointments and I was still able to make it to work on time...Strengths: Well organized, clean, respectful staff and nurses. No long waits. Weakness: You may not always see your Dr. Not ever time I has an early morning appointment that I was able to see my doctor...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
When I first met Dr. Jackson-Bey I was open and honest about my bad experience from the previous fertility clinic. Going through fertility issues is alot emotionally and mentally. I expressed to Dr. Jackson-Bey my desires to have a child of my own. She went over my previous cycle as well as expressed why the cycle option she selected for me would be beneficial. From my first visit, I immediately experienced positive variations from my first clinic. She gave me 3D sonogram because I had some fibrous. She also was able to explain in detail what additional test as well as prenatal vitamins to help support me with my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Be positive. I struggled a-lot with not being empathetic. I felt as though I was Dr. Jackson Bey only patient when I knew I wasn't. I would say to also be patient with how fast she responds back to your email. Other than that, in my experience I had a wonderful with Dr. Jackson-Bey and her amazing staff at RMANY
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Bey- Jackson was amazing. From our first consultation to my current situation she has been great. Every question I had she answered openly and honestly. As a women of color, it was important to me and my partner to find a doctor whom had familiarity of health concerns that arrises for my demographic. Dr. Bey- Jackson is the type of doctor that families having issues with infertility need.
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle that wasn't conducted at RMANY, I did a natural cycle. My first cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. After going over my results, it was discovered I had endometriosis and needed further treatment before going through another cycle. I also have PCOS and low thyroid issues. Dr. Jackson Bey suggested for this cycle I try a medicated cycle. I first started with injections to help me produce quality eggs. On the day of my egg retrieval, I could bailey walk and I didn't know why until my retrieval was over. Dr Jackson Bey was able to retrieve 40 eggs. From the 40, 30 eggs fertilized and 26 turned into embryos. At my previous clinic, my doctor was only able to retrieve 12 eggs and 7 fertilized and 4 turned into embryos . Me and my partner decided to do PGT testing to eliminate not having a successful cycle. We only tested 4 embryos and out of the 4, 1 came back abnormal. PGT wasn't covered by my insurance so it cost us about $2,400 and to have each embryo tested was $150 per embryo. Once we got the results back, we completed our Transfer in May and in 2 weeks we got the positive news that our prays have been answered and Dr. Jackson Bey confirmed that we were pregnant. I still cant believe it. Dr Jackson Bey was able to look at my medical history and determine the best cycle option for me and my partner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Weitzel)
Nicole was amazing. She answered all my questions regardless of how many times I asked her. I never had to wait long when I had appointments and I was still able to make it to work on time.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Well organized, clean, respectful staff and nurses. No long waits. Weakness: You may not always see your Dr. Not ever time I has an early morning appointment that I was able to see my doctor. However, the Dr was just as experience and professional as my Dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most appointments were in the am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
My medical insurance covered my cycle. My out of pocket cost were co-pays, cost of medication (varies by cycle), PGT testing ($2400) and embryo testing ($150 per embryo)
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Jackson Bey suggested one embryo transfer due to my age as well as the risk factors that come with multiple pregnancy. Me and my partner did desire to have twins but we understood and respected her expertise.
Tia Jackson-Bey

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Sekhon] Seemed to understand my fear of time not being on my side for having children. Asked me how many kids I would like to have at initial consultation to know how to proceed treatment wise. Responded in a timely manner to all my emails. She called me personally to give me my positive pregnancy result which was unexpected and very appreciated...[her] approach was single embryo transfer...While she has many patients, I felt like my infertility struggle mattered
Strengths [of RMA New York] Early morning scan appointments making before work appointments possible. Multiple bloodwork fast and efficient. Helpful, easy to reach staff. Phone calls explaining results along with emails explaining medication instructions...responded to all my questions in a very timely manner. Weaknesses: mixup's can happen with co-pays. Ask for invoices to keep track.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She was kind, informative, knows her stuff! I always felt like I was in good hands. While she has many patients, I felt like my infertility struggle mattered. I consider myself lucky to have been referred to her.
Make an appointment for a consultation if you are struggling trying to conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
My care coordinator was responded to all my questions in a very timely manner. Very caring and respectful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Early morning scan appointments making before work appointments possible. Multiple bloodwork fast and efficient. Helpful, easy to reach staff. Phone calls explaining results along with emails explaining medication instructions. Weaknesses: mixup's can happen with co-pays. Ask for invoices to keep track.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments ran like a well oiled machine. Blood work then within minutes I was always called to a room for my monitoring. Hours started early so I was able to go to work right after my appointments.
Around 7K
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My doctor's approach was single embryo transfer.

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] is very professional but knows how to talk to you like a friend. She explains things very clearly and is very knowledgeable on everything. Plus her nurse is very helpful and nice...After having my miscarriage, I set an appointment to meet with her again. She was so compassionate and helpful with getting me to understand why.
The NEW Brooklyn office [RMA of New York] is beautiful and so spread out. Especially during this time it’s easy to socially distance, clean, and feel comfortable. All the rooms they take you to are big also...Lori [nurse at RMA] is the BEST. She always gets back to you quickly and is on top of everything. She is very nice also...She [Dr. Lokevich] is very professional but knows how to talk to you like a friend. She explains things very clearly and is very knowledgeable on everything.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
After having my miscarriage, I set an appointment to meet with her again. She was so compassionate and helpful with getting me to understand why. At the end of the conversation I told her I wish she could follow me to the end of any of my pregnancy (delivery room) and she laughed and said me too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Follow her instructions and you will be successful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She is very professional but knows how to talk to you like a friend. She explains things very clearly and is very knowledgeable on everything. Plus her nurse is very helpful and nice.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I use clomid and then ovidrel when they told me I was ready to do IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lori traut-savino )
Lori is the BEST. She always gets back to you quickly and is on top of everything. She is very nice also.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The NEW Brooklyn office is beautiful and so spread out. Especially during this time it’s easy to socially distance, clean, and feel comfortable. All the rooms they take you to are big also. Love it there and highly recommend it to anyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I cannot remember actual number but she did take my insurance. Some part I had to pay out of pocket for.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Lekovich and her entire team were great. They took their time explaining everything and answering my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all...She’s an extremely intelligent doctor with tons of knowledge. She’s published peer reviewed research papers and is ultra competent. I’m very excited to work with her, and she’s already been more thorough and proactive in 1 visit than my other doctor was through two retrievals and two transfers...
The clinic [RMA of New York] is brand new, they just moved to that location. They now provide way more services on site instead of having to go to other RMA facilities for procedures such as egg retrieval or egg transfer...Dr. Lekovich and her entire team were great. They took their time explaining everything and answering my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Have all your questions ready for her and make sure your medical history is already sent to her office before your appointment.
Dr. Lekovich and her entire team were great. They took their time explaining everything and answering my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all. I’m extremely excited to work with Dr. Lekovich. I can already tell she will do everything in her power to help me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is brand new, they just moved to that location. They now provide way more services on site instead of having to go to other RMA facilities for procedures such as egg retrieval or egg transfer.
Most is covered by insurance. I’ve paid copay’s and a few out of pocked fees

2018 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Mukherjee is] very quick and direct. He’s not emotional and doesn’t do any hand holding. He doesn’t give any extra information. But he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced and he does answer all of my millions of questions patiently...I did single transfer every time, which is what I wanted. There was no reason to think multiple was necessary.
Strengths [of RMA of NY] is that it’s big, doctors are very experienced, the whole practice is very experienced and well oiled. If you want a smaller more attentive approach, maybe this is not the place for you but this place feels like the gold standard of fertility care...transfer is 4k each time. IUI I think was 1k each time. Egg retrieval much more, maybe around 11k
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He’s very quick and direct. He’s not emotional and doesn’t do any hand holding. He doesn’t give any extra information. But he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced and he does answer all of my millions of questions patiently.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
His staff is amazing and he is quick to answer any questions. Very direct. I feel comfortable given his level of expertise that has become apparent throughout my years in his care, but don’t expect a particularly warm bedside manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He is a very straight forward, no nonsense doctor. I like that about him. But he is not necessarily warm and doesn’t hold your hand.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My IUI was unmedicated, I had no diagnosed fertility issues. For my co-IVF, where I transferred my wife’s embryo, I was given progesterone, estrogen, medrol, azithromiacin, and baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia Woodson)
All of the nurses and my care coordinator are amazing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths is that it’s big, doctors are very experienced, the whole practice is very experienced and well oiled. If you want a smaller more attentive approach, maybe this is not the place for you but this place feels like the gold standard of fertility care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. I almost never have to wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I know transfer is 4k each time. IUI I think was 1k each time. Egg retrieval much more, maybe around 11k but I can’t remember for sure.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Mostly only on weekends. I just had to call again and clarify and it was fixed.

2021 - 2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sekhon is] Very knowledgeable and took the time to further investigate my particular situation and getting the appropriate clearance to have the retrieval so there were no complications. I felt like i could trust her and she genuinely cared...She was very thorough and took the time to check in with me via email before and after the retrieval
[the RMA of NY nurse] was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions...Loved the downtown location. They were always polite and well organized. They always ran on time and i never felt like a number. The Uptown location wasn’t as personal. It was always very crowded and i had to wait a while every time i went
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t hesitate to ask her questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli, for part of it before she left )
Mauli was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions
$1100 for procedure and $7k for meds

2021 - 2022, 26 Eggs Frozen
each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that [Dr. Sekhon] remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort...took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic [RMA of New York] ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for...It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Without knowing it, Dr. Sekhon convinced me to move forward with egg freezing when I watched a presentation that she had given on the subject. When I met her and started working with her as my doctor, she was every much the champion of female fertility that I hoped she would be. She took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing. But more importantly to me, she made me feel comfortable throughout the process. After running into some physical difficulty during one of my consultations she insisted on putting my comfort first and gave me options to successfully continue treatment.
Even though my treatment did not require a lot of interaction with Dr. Sekhon herself, each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that she remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort. Her team was very responsive and helpful in guiding me on this journey. They took my questions seriously and never made me feel shy about asking.
My treatment strategy was pretty straight forward. Dr. Sekhon was diligent in monitoring and adjusting my hormone levels from day to day. As a result, we were able to retrieve more mature eggs than I could have hoped for.
The nursing team at RMA made me feel cared for and in good hands. Even when there was a small mix up with one of my appointments, I only had positive interactions with the team. They were responsive to my questions and requests and never made me feel as if I was out on a ledge.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for. On the one occasion that I had to wait a little longer than usual in the exam room, a nurse came in to make sure that I was okay and to give me an update. It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic has monitoring hours but, they also allowed you to schedule your time. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen after my arrival and was usually out the door in 15-20 minutes. It was very efficient but also done with care.
I am fortunate to have employer provided fertility benefits that made the process very affordable relative to my income.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Nursing staff and coordinators [at RMA of New York] we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant...Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee is very knowledgeable and able to explain the process and reasons for treatments throughly. He has a friendly and sometimes comical demeanor that made us feel comfortable during what could be a very stressful time but he was also very professional. He also took the time to answer any questions we had down to the minute details even if they were repetitive. The fact that we were able to conceive after the 1st IVF cycle also is a testament to his knowledge and expertise.
Come prepared with any questions you might have as he's patient to answer them and explain the process
He was personable, took the time to explain the procedure he was going to perform and answered any questions we had with patience and repetition if needed
Dr. Mukherjee recommend IVF treatment for us and explained why he recommended that particular treatment for us and why other treatments wouldn't work for our particular circumstance. We were able to start at the time desirable to us and careful and frequent monitoring throughout the process allowed for adjustment of medications to produce 39 eggs of which 14 embryos were produced 6 survived and 3 ended up being normal. Dr. Mukherjee transferred 1 which resulted in a successful pregnancy and we have 2 embryos left in storage for future implementation. To have this happen on the first try was a dream cone true for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Goldberger )
Nursing staff and coordinators we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean, takes strict covid precautions and is professionally run. The service time a very quick and the wait time is not long at all. They also in most cases try to work around your schedule if possible for the appointment times. My only comment for improvement would be that they send clear notifications when they change any policies as they changed the ability for partners to attend baby screenings due to increasing covod cases but didn't send clear communication ahead of time
Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180 Procedures $1450
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was not given clear information about the recovery time needed/expectations after one of my procedures in order to schedule work/time off accordingly. I was not given clear updated policies about partners not being able to attend screenings due to changes in covid restrictions.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well...Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly...available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed...
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator [at RMA of New York] and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support...RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently...you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well. She's obviously very passionate about serving her community of patients and was super available over email whenever I had questions about anything. Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly. I've already recommended her to two other friends who are patients of hers now as well. I'm very fortunate that she has been my doctor. My experience with Dr. Sekhon and her team was great.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to clarify! Dr. Sekhon is very patient and knowledgable but she can't know what you are thinking or worrying about unless you tell her.
Dr. Sekhon and her nurse team (Jennifer was great as well) were with me through the two years of cycles that we managed. They counseled me, were available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed.
The protocol varied for egg retrieval versus embryo transfer. For the transfer (which was successful on the first try - amazing), I was placed on progesterone (injected) and estrogen (pills twice a day). After the transfer, Dr. Sekhon needed to increase my progesterone and added progesterone pills (vaginal) and increased estrogen to 3x a day. Obviously, I've been extremely fortunate so far and the transfer has resulted in an active pregnancy (nearing the end of my first trimester).
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently. It's staffed with excellent doctors and nurses and you always feel you have some of the best working on your procedures. Please know that because of working hours, etc., if you have a more demanding job that is less flexible, that means that you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule and it was so refreshing to be able to do that and have that level of flexibility. It also meant that i didn't have to explain any absences or tell anyone at work unless I chose to do so. Big staff and big operation but great people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine and was extremely accommodating to my personal work schedule.
Given the lack of any known fertility issues, Dr. Sekhon felt a single embryo transfer would be fine and she was correct.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon made the time to listen and made us feel like our input matter, while she provided professional and helpful advice. It seemed as if she was always on top of our case, making necessary and timely changes to our treatment and advocating for next moves that felt best aligned with our interests....She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year.
RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience....nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My ob-gyn recommended Dr. Sekhon, and my husband and I were very glad we went to see her and felt we were in good hands since the initial consult. Being new to the whole process, I was honestly a little overwhelmed at first, but Dr. Sekhon was professional and educational about what our treatment would look like and took the time to clearly explain the process and plan. She never tried to push the plan, which we appreciated. During our journey, our situation had changed, and Dr. Sekhon quickly realized we needed a change in plan. She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Sekhon was patient with answering MANY of my questions about pregnancy. Overall, my husband and I thought Dr. Sekhon was trustworthy and dependable, and we are highly satisfied!
We would tell a prospective patient to manage their expectations around how much they will be working directly with their primary RMA doctor. We understand that RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience.
Dr. Sekhon recommended that we start with three rounds of IUI (only three because the success rate really drops after that) and then re-evaluate for IVF if unsuccessful. During IUI, I took Letrozole for a few days pre-ovulation then had an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. The IUI rounds were unsuccessful, and along the way, we also saw that the sperm analysis was not ideal, so my husband consulted with Dr. Barhama, a urologist with RMA. We then began an IVF cycle using Gonal/F, Menopur, and Cerotide to prepare for retrieval (grow as many eggs) and the Lupron trigger shot right before retrieval. During the transfer cycle, I took Estrace and Progesterone in oil to prepare my uterine lining. I continued these medications after the transfer and also into my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had. Special callout to Nurse Jackie! She always seemed to be listening to my questions/concerns and was compassionate to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - organized, convenient locations in NYC, all staff are courteous and professional. Weaknesses - sometimes we didn't get our requested appointment times or didn't get a communication at all and needed to call the office the morning of.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
We got our requested appointment times and waits were minimal. We typically were able to see Dr. Sekhon (but not always).
Both our IUI and IVF cycles were most covered by our insurance. Some things during the IVF process were not covered such as the anesthesiologist and lab testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We just didn't receive appointment time confirmations once or twice.

2021 - 2022, Successful
From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she [Dr. Sekhon] was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff [at RMA of NY] and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel...Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Sekhon definitely showed compassion and genuine excitement for me and my partner to embark on this journey to having a baby. I felt like she did everything in her power to assist us in getting pregnant, including moving up the IUI date after one of my appointments.
I would say that it is a tiring but enjoyable experience. There are a lot of early mornings, so I would suggest getting accustomed to having appointments between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier depending on the appointment. I would also just keep in mind that you may not always see Dr. Sekhon for your appointments.
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing doctor! From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
Leading up to the IUI, Dr. Sekhon prescribed an Ovidrel injection that was given to me on the day before the IUI. My IUI was actually moved up 24 hours after an ultrasound. I'm not quite sure of the technical definition or reasoning, but in laymen's terms, it seemed that my egg was ready to be fertilized and moving the procedure up a day would potentially increase the chances of me getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel. The situation played out poorly. I wasn't initially informed that the prescription had been sent to a certain pharmacy until a nurse called and told me just a few days before I would need to obtain the Ovidrel and bring it to my next appointment. I was a bit frantic after that phone call because my insurance wouldn't cover the prescription so I had to pay $200 out of pocket. Before I paid out of pocket, there was a lot of back and forth about sending the prescription to a different pharmacy from the nurses so eventually I was able to get the prescription from a pharmacy in Hoboken. Ultimately, it was a lot of miscommunication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier. I drove to most of my appointments at the Madison office, which for someone who lives in NJ costs tolls, but to the appointments at the Broadway office, I was able to take the PATH train and walk about 10-12 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but the commute early in the morning was the hardest thing for us.
During this process, I only had to pay for transportation to and from the clinic, and the Ovidrel, which wasn't covered by my insurance. Otherwise, I didn't have any other out of pocket expenses.

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] explained everything with lots of detail, and made herself available over email, which I really appreciated as I had many questions. If it wasn't for our initial consult and the way I felt after speaking with her (I really saw myself in her), I might not have moved forward. From the transfer through every checkup, she's been so compassionate and supportive, always explaining things to be and giving me the space to share where I'm at....
loved the diversity of the staff [at RMA of New York]. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying... If I wasn't organized, I would have run out of meds several times throughout the course of my time with RMA. The first time I ordered meds there was a mistake as well, and it was only resolved once I caught it - that caused stress early on...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a star doctor, at least in my experience. She explained everything with lots of detail, and made herself available over email, which I really appreciated as I had many questions. If it wasn't for our initial consult and the way I felt after speaking with her (I really saw myself in her), I might not have moved forward. From the transfer through every checkup, she's been so compassionate and supportive, always explaining things to be and giving me the space to share where I'm at.
Ask lots and lots of questions and make sure you feel held and confident after your initial consult.
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She is compassionate and a great listener. I always felt so safe and confident in her presence. She literally MADE my experience.
the first protocol for egg retrieval resulted in over stimulation I believe - my retrieval recovery was painful - I had lots of eggs retrieved (18) and only one healthy embryo (two had to be tested twice - thawed twice - they later came back normal but Dr. Sekhon suggested we repeat the cycle to get more embryos. Second round I believe medication doses changed, were slightly lowered so as not to over stimulate me. Second round we had 14 eggs, 2 embryos.
I had a few nurses who worked with Dr. Sekhon. Most of my exchanges were lovely. There was one nurse who felt a little less compassionate. Jennifer was great at responding to my many many questions. One area where she could improve is in her management of medications. If I wasn't organized, I would have run out of meds several times throughout the course of my time with RMA. The first time I ordered meds there was a mistake as well, and it was only resolved once I caught it - that caused stress early on.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
loved RMA. loved the diversity of the staff. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying. loved RMA. loved the diversity of the staff. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
it was organized and relatively on time.
i don't remember
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
one time I was sent the wrong dosage of estrogen, was told to take 3x day vs 2x. I had to call to double check. I also had an issue with ordering my meds the first time I made the order - some items were missing from my initial prescription which I only found out about after speaking with the pharmacy.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions... I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!)...
Most monitoring appts [at RMA of New York] were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home...It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time...Coordinating messages from the phone staff to nurses, and playing phone tag, can sometimes be a pain, but they always get back to you. I always tried to be able to answer my phone when they called -- so that's an inconvenience but an understandable one!...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is warm, kind, direct, and knowledgable. She easily explained every part of the IVF process in a way I could understand (as someone who was brand new to all of this), and her empathetic yet directive approach made me trust her immediately. At decision points along the way, she laid out options and explained the multiple sides of things, providing guidance for my own decision-making. Her personal touches – phone calls during times of disappointment, emails about specific anxieties I had, and her bedside manner at appointments – made me feel safe, cared for, and confident in the team leading me through a challenging, complicated, miraculous journey.
If you've got questions and want to connect with her directly – reach out! I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!).
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions. Beyond Dr. Sekhon, her nurses and the staff at RMA were incredibly attentive.
For ERs: gonal, cetrotide, menopur, lupron/hcg trigger. I had a solid amount of follicles, so we focused on slow and steady growth. All of my follicles produced eggs that could be retrieved! For transfer: medicated cycle (but without birth control), estradoil, pio, synthroid, baby aspirin, lovenox.
Jennifer Needle, Julia, Jackie were all amazing!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most monitoring appts were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home. Sometimes I'd need to go to offices that were farther away so that I could be seen by Dr Sekhon or on a weekend, but that's just a part of the process. It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time.
We did 2 egg retrievals, 2 rounds of PGT-A/M testing, and 1 transfer. The cost for 1 ER + testing + transfer was around 20K. The additional retrieval + testing was around 15K.
We didn't discuss but since this was my first transfer and I do not struggle with infertility, I assume that's why we went with single!

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Nazem was great. I am in my early 40s and she was very realistic about my options and odds. She was not pushy but wanted me to have all the information to make informed decisions...She will be realistic with you so it's important to do your homework/ research and be prepared to ask many questions so you feel empowered and informed...
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have...Tatiana [nurse] was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was great. She communicated clearly and really took the rules to get to know me, my situation and needs before recommending options. She was very realistic and not too pushy. She made me feel comfortable and well informed.
I'm in my early 40s. I first went to RMA just for egg freezing at the start of the pandemic and that went well. Froze 8 eggs. We discussed also creating embryos as a second course of treatment, but I didn't have a partner and didn't feel like going down the sperm donor route. A year later I returned with a partner and was ready to go the full IVF route. The course of treatment was the same as egg freezing. This time around, they retrieved more eggs and we are currently awaiting the development of the embryos to the blastocyst stage so we can complete PGT-A prior to embryo implantation. I had no adverse effects from either cycle of the meds and all has gone as planned or better so far
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea)
Tatiana was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have. They had strict COVID protocols and I felt safe.
Egg freezing was not covered by my insurance so I had to pay that out of pocket. A discount is available if you use WIN Fertility. For IVF, that was covered by my insurance. I still had to pay out of pocket for the anesthesiologist and PGT-A.
Describe Taraneh Nazem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I'm not at the embryo transfer stage yet but I have heard based on my age, a single embryo transfer might be best.. I'm okay with tha as this is my first pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was told last late in the process that zi needed medical clearance from my primary care physician and an EKG before I could proceed. Luckily I have a great relationship with my PCP and she was able to squeeze me in to accommodate this request but I wish I knew that in advance. It could have potentially delayed the process another month.