Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2017, Unknown Success
[Dr. Joseph] Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive...Ask all of the questions! Don't feel bad about keeping him longer than you think you should.
strengths [of RMA of New York]: clean, well-established, responsive. weaknesses: sometimes during monitoring hours, it can feel very factor farm like with all the women waiting...my husband went in for labwork once and they forgot to test him for something so he had to go back to get tested again...15,200 or so per IVF cycle...Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Estrogen priming - started with this one because of my low AMH, high FSH. Didn't work. Only had one follicle so converted to IUI. Lupron microflare - about to start now.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Good. Pretty quick interaction with them but they're good.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
strengths: clean, well-established, responsive. weaknesses: sometimes during monitoring hours, it can feel very factor farm like with all the women waiting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
15,200 or so per IVF cycle
Joseph Davis

2014 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly....Genuinely nice guy and really seemed to take control of my treatment to get my desired results...3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They [RMA] had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan....[Nursing Staff] Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information...[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle. Reaulted in chemical pregnancy Frozen transfer resulted in twin pregnancy (carried out by different doctor because Joshua Klein left the practice)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Yes. I am a SMC and because my embryos were of good quality the first transfer was an eSET.

2015, Successful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive...Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor...who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein [of RMA New York] was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor at Cornell Weill, who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive. After just one round of gonal f injections, careful monitoring and IUI I became pregnant with twins. Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.

2022, Consult
Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich]. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
N/a the [RMA of New York] clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] and I did not get that from this one at all...Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Avoid at all costs
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Horrible horrible bedside manner
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
N/a the clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor and I did not get that from this one at all
2014, Successful
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.

2014, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lekovich was honest with us from day 1. She encouraged us to stay positive which we needed from our doctor. She never made us feel bad and supported us in our disappointments l always felt she was mindful of our determination and she absolutely mirrored that through treatment...She won’t advise you do anything thatll waste your very precious time and monwy.
They [RMA of New York] are VERY busy so be prepared with questions each opportunity you have to inquire. Dr. Lekovich will provide you with reasoning for treatment choices via research examples. She won’t advise you do anything thatll waste your very precious time and monwy...[nurses] were reliable and consistent while also compassionate during negative outcomes.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich was honest with us from day 1. She encouraged us to stay positive which we needed from our doctor. She never made us feel bad and supported us in our disappointments l always felt she was mindful of our determination and she absolutely mirrored that through treatment. Her nurses and those who drew my blood were gentle and amazing.
Be realistic. While you want Dr. Lekovich every step of the way physically— it’s simply not possible. Try to trust RMAs process alongside the other physicians who may perform ultrasounds or treatments. Also, be your own advocate if you need further explanation or understanding. Your wishes will be met with consistent callbacks from the nurses oncall.
I felt as though Dr. Lekovich was fighting for me, cheering me on and advising me in all ways possible. She was a true champion for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were reliable and consistent while also compassionate during negative outcomes.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are VERY busy so be prepared with questions each opportunity you have to inquire. Dr. Lekovich will provide you with reasoning for treatment choices via research examples. She won’t advise you do anything thatll waste your very precious time and monwy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
My health insurance covered approximately 60% of treatment and all meds. I paid approximately $6000 a cycle for ivf.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I trusted her opinion every step if the way.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Only once did a nurse miss to call with results, however, I phoned by the end of the work day. Hence my advice— be your own advocate like any other medical treatment care you receive.
Brooklyn
Although she [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment...new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change...I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation...I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
[Nurse at RMA of New York] Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery...there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had...Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times...lack of privacy for blood drawing...always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Although she was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment after new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change. Being that I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation. And this didn’t happen and I ended up having a negative pregnancy test.
This is not only for this doctor but for all fertility doctors. As a patient do your home work. If you feel that you need to do further testing or you’ve gotten results that maybe slightly hamper your outcome. Don’t rush into the transfer cycle until you have all the facts or the issue has been rectified.
I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Anatagonist protocol. No birth control. Call with first flow of m’entras cycle. Started on day 3 Gonal F and monitoring every 3 days. Day 5 nurse instructions for meds. Cetrotide depending on how my body reacted to Gonal F and Menopur. Lupron/HCG shot before egg retrieval date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery. She was there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times. Due to this patients Seoul’s either be in the hallway or standing in the office. Also lack of privacy for blood drawing. Didn’t bother me but some people it might have. The clinic was always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
My insurance covered the first and only cycle (1 in a lifetime). Didn’t make it to transfer. So had to pay for everything else until the transfer on my second cycle. Can’t remember the exact cost.

2022, Unsuccessful
When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor...
Great clinic [RMA of New York] although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with…When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Overall, I think Dr Jackson Bey was kind and professional, but unfortunately she completely misdiagnosed me. I was told I would have to do IVF because of FHA. When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor. Thank god I got a second opinion. I have PCOS based on polycystic ovaries and anovulation, something I am still not sure how a reputable doctor could miss. I urge everyone to get a second opinion. I got pregnant with my first round of letrozole with another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Huge facility, but very kind staff
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Great clinic although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with……………..

2022, Consult
Dr. Tia Jackson-Bey was thorough and caring. She encouraged us to look at our fertility journey at all angles. She also explained every step of the process and what she was looking for during my diagnostics...at no point did I feel like Dr. Jackson Bey was treating me out of formality or just to get it over with. She displayed a genuine acknowledgement of my humanity AND my queerness....
The facilities are well designed, clean and emit a calming vibe. They make sure to explain everything in verbal and written forms. They also check in regularly about your physical needs or if you're feeling nervous...at no point did I feel like Dr. Jackson Bey was treating me out of formality or just to get it over with. She displayed a genuine acknowledgement of my humanity AND my queerness...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Strengths: ability to explain complex medical issues simply, genuine attention and presence, holistic attention to health and wellness, encouraging to try less invasive methods, awareness of equity issues in medical field I don't have much more to say because I only saw her once.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready, no question is too silly!
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I only came for a diagnostic and consultation
How competent was Tia Jackson-Bey at LGBTQ care?
Absolutely, at no point did I feel like Dr. Jackson Bey was treating me out of formality or just to get it over with. She displayed a genuine acknowledgement of my humanity AND my queerness.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Investment Banker
Dr. Lekovich always took her time to answer all my questions, she is empathetic and would calm me when I was feeling uneasy...she was very understanding but also gave us hope which was what we needed at the time. We had a list of questions and we patiently went thru them. Once moving into IVF, she would explain everything during the egg stimulation visits, and when we finally made it to embryo transfer day she was excited...
She [nurse at RMA of New York] would call me with any updates, and if we had questions she would provide detailed explanations. She is very honest and she knew how to manage our expectations...The clinic is very organized, they communicate how often you need to go in, specifically during an IVF cycle. However, I was not aware that IVF cycles worked in series and that caught me by surprise...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I had a follow up session after IUI didn't work for us, and she was very understanding but also gave us hope which was what we needed at the time. We had a list of questions and we patiently went thru them. Once moving into IVF, she would explain everything during the egg stimulation visits, and when we finally made it to embryo transfer day she was excited.
To take notes of the questions you have before going in. The doctor is very detailed and she would do her best to answer anything.
I felt like a human because Dr. Lekovich always took her time to answer all my questions, she is empathetic and would calm me when I was feeling uneasy. Also, the nurses were always great and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lori Traut Savino)
She would call me with any updates, and if we had questions she would provide detailed explanations. She is very honest and she knew how to manage our expectations.
2022, Successful
She [Dr. Lekovich] was smart and kind and never talked down to me. I felt very understood both as a person and as a person trying to get pregnant. She was always warm but professional. A great bed side manner...She spent almost an hour talking about my history and future and my professional life. She was very very kind and made me feel like she understood who I was and why I was there even though I might not be her typical presenting patient...
The team [at RMA of New York] is very professional and dialed in. They know what to do at every stage and there’s a feeling that they’ve seen the gamut but that doesn’t change that they treat you with everyday kindness...She [Dr. Lekovich] was very very kind and made me feel like she understood who I was and why I was there even though I might not be her typical presenting patient...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She was smart and kind and never talked down to me. I felt very understood both as a person and as a person trying to get pregnant. She was always warm but professional. A great bed side manner. I’d recommend her to anyone.
Chromosomal analysis, HSI, follicle stimulation, egg retrieval, embryo formation, transfer
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The team is very professional and dialed in. They know what to do at every stage and there’s a feeling that they’ve seen the gamut but that doesn’t change that they treat you with everyday kindness. It was the easiest and best it could have possibly been.

2022, Consult
it’s also comforting to know she [Dr. Sekhon] went through this exact process herself...She took an hour just to walk us through the biology & science behind IVF and in very clear ways for my husband and I to understand. She herself opted for embryo banking in order to preserve fertility, which is what my husband and I are looking to do, so it’s also comforting to know she went through this exact process herself...
[RMA of New York] Very organized and there are several locations for convenience. The Madison Ave location was very clean. Haven’t really come across any weaknesses as of yet but I have only been through my consultation...[nurse was] Very friendly, sweet and organized and asked what she could do to enhance our experience...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She took an hour just to walk us through the biology & science behind IVF and in very clear ways for my husband and I to understand. She herself opted for embryo banking in order to preserve fertility, which is what my husband and I are looking to do, so it’s also comforting to know she went through this exact process herself. Another quick note, I had originally had an appt. set with another RMA Dr, but after reading reviews, I really wanted to work with De Sekhon, but her earliest appt wasn’t until Nov. She is very active on social media so I sent her an IG DM asking if she thought it would be too risky to wait until then since I have a looming 37th birthday in November - she responded so fast offering me a more immediate appt. since she had a cancelation from another patient who was already pregnant. Just another above and beyond action. She’s great!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Have all of your questions ready because she will absolutely give you the time to ask them
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She took an hour just to walk us through the biology & science behind IVF and in very clear ways for my husband and I to understand. She herself opted for embryo banking in order to preserve fertility, which is what my husband and I are looking to do, so it’s also comforting to know she went through this exact process herself. I highly recommend her to anyone!
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Have not started anything yet but on track to proceed with IVF for embryo banking. We did bloodwork on the first visit and my husband will go back in a week or so for semen analysis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
$60 copay for Consultation but treatment will run me somewhere around $20k because insurance does not cover embryo banking unless you are deemed infertile, but I am doing this to prolong my fertility since I’m not yet ready to have a child but am close to 37. Sad that insurance doesn’t see a need to cover cost if you are simply not ready. The $20k doesn’t include $4k frozen embryo transfer.

2021 - 2022, Successful
As difficult as the process is, she [Dr. Thornton] always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic.
[RMA of New York] is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I would highly recommend Dr. Thornton and had a really positive experience going through IVF under her care. As difficult as the process is, she always made me feel at ease and helped me to stop stressing by answering all of my questions (and very promptly) with great insight and knowledge. When things did not go quite as expected with my first egg retrieval, she quickly put a new plan in place and thoroughly explained next steps and the chances of the next cycle working, which helped me feel calm and optimistic. She is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor, very kind with great bedside manner, and I truly trusted her opinion and recommendations. I can't recommend her enough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was always available to answer my questions and usually responded within a few hours. I truly trusted her advice and she always eased any concerns I had throughout the IVF process, and she treated me with patience and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses and my coordinator were great. Always very responsive and would call back very quickly if I had questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is definitely a very big clinic, but I really enjoyed going to the Downtown office, which is much smaller than the main office on the UES. I never waited very long for my monitoring appointments and I almost always saw my actual doctor, which allowed me to ask her any questions in person and to find out next steps right then and there during the monitoring appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were really easy. I was usually in and out of the office within 30 minutes. I was always able to schedule the time that I wanted, which made it easy to manage before work.

2021 - 2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
RMA is a well-oiled machine - they know what they're doing. Despite being a big practice, it was easy for me to reach my care team and everyone I spoke with throughout the process was calm and helpful...They [nurses] called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I went through what was fortunately a very straightforward egg freezing cycle with Dr. Sekhon. The initial consultation appointment was very thorough, and left me with a clear idea of what to reasonably expect for someone freezing at my age (37). I saw Dr. Sekhon several times during my cycle, and each time, even during very brief monitoring appointments, she expertly balanced the straightforward sharing of information about how the cycle was progressing with empathy and care. I was grateful that she was easy to reach with questions, and honest about both the potential and limitations of the freezing process. Her care and that of her team made a daunting process very manageable.
I had to book several weeks out for both my initial consultation and follow up appointment, so be prepared for a possible wait. The time in the appointments moves quickly, and there's a lot of information to process - preparing questions beforehand will help you ensure you have all the info you need (and you can also email her if you need to follow up).
Dr. Sekhon gave a thorough overview of the egg freezing process, and made sure I knew how to reach her and her team with any follow up questions. She responded quickly to my questions, and her team was friendly and easy to reach, which helped make the process very smooth.
I had a very straightforward treatment plan for my egg retrieval - Gonal-F and Menopur for 8-9 days, followed by a trigger shot. Dr. Sekhon attenuated the medication after my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was glad to be able to go into the clinic most convenient to my home during monitoring hours - I had to wait about 10 minutes once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal, and once I got in I was finished in under ten minutes.
The cycle and included appointments was $9,500, the anesthesia for the retrieval was $950, the medications were approximately $5,500.

2022, 16 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Sekhon] really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat...She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable...standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days...
I found the whole staff [at RMA of New York] very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease...Great location with nice facilities (love the downtown location), efficient (rarely had to wait more than 15-20 min during monitoring to have my ultrasound), friendly (even the blood-taking tech put me at ease about the needles I'd be using)...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I met Dr. Lucky around my 31st birthday and decided at the time to hold off on egg freezing for a couple more years. Around my 33rd, I was no longer living in NYC and considered another, nationally known clinic - I had a horrible, disorganized experience and did not proceed with treatment. Several girlfriends had gone to Dr. Lucky and rated their experience 10/10 so I decided to make the journey to NY to work with her. It was absolutely worth it. She really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat! No hesitation, she's the only fertility doctor I'd go to!
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Be open about what you're concerned about and ask all the questions you need.
Dr. Lucky made me felt taken care of every step of the way. She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable. The whole staff at RMA was wonderful.
I had a standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I found the whole staff very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I had Progyny which covered the majority of costs.
NY - Downtown

[Dr. Thornton] always worked to let me know that she personally was handling my cycle, performed every single monitoring ultrasound herself, and was available for any and all questions. She normalized my pain and was incredibly supportive as I suffered through my miscarriage, and she remained hopeful through the next transfer that led to a pregnancy...she looked at me as an individual and clearly made personalized medical decisions for my unique clinical scenario
RMA as a practice supports single embryo transfer...[our nurse was] Bubbly, warm, and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with all of the steps in this long journey...RMA is a busy practice, which makes it a well-oiled machine. That's what you (or at least what I) want in an IVF center. Their success rates are amazing, and Dr. Thornton gives a personalized experience within an overall large practice.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Thornton. Dr. Thornton is one of the kindest, most compassionate doctors I've ever met. In a busy practice like RMA, she somehow always finds a way to make the experience feel personalized; I never felt like a number. She would spend extra time with me explaining what she saw, what the plan would be and if there were setbacks, what her plan was for next steps. Her medical decision making was thoughtful and not cookie cutter; she looked at me as an individual and clearly made personalized medical decisions for my unique clinical scenario. She has been my cheerleader and my advocate, and she possesses the perfect combination of astute intellect and compassionate care. I will be forever grateful for her incredible care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Monitor at the soho office so you get to see her as much as possible!
Dr. Thornton is truly wonderful. Kind, compassionate, and caring, she always worked to let me know that she personally was handling my cycle, performed every single monitoring ultrasound herself, and was available for any and all questions. She normalized my pain and was incredibly supportive as I suffered through my miscarriage, and she remained hopeful through the next transfer that led to a pregnancy. I will be forever grateful for Dr. Thornton's intellect, warmth, kindness, and compassion.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with 4 rounds of letrozole/IUI, then moved to IVF with antagonist cycle and freeze-all strategy for embryos to do PGT-A.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Melissa Moro is a wonderful nurse. Bubbly, warm, and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with all of the steps in this long journey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
Can't remember
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA as a practice supports single embryo transfer. My embryos were genetically tested, so it makes sense to put back only one euploid embryo at a time.
NY - Downtown

We like that Dr. Sekhon took the time to get to know us, our goals, problems, frustrations, etc. She took the time to explain everything to us and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. I think she genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to speak with us on multiple occasions during off hours...We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
Our primary nurse [at RMA of New York] was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great...Monitoring hours was our least favorite part of the experience with RMA. You could end up waiting up to 30 minutes and you are not sure what doctor you are going to see. They have so many patients that sometimes you feel like the doctor is a bit rushed. They also only have so much time to review your chart prior to coming into the room. The nursing staff and team that drew blood were incredible. Dr. Sekhon always let us know when she was going to be available for monitoring hours so we could see her. We always preferred that.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely empathetic and patient. She took extra time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable every step of the way. We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
I would advise not to hold back any questions you have. Even if you think its a silly or unnecessary question, you should still ask. Dr. Sekhon is happy to take the time to make sure you understand everything and are comfortable.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. We did 2 cycles of timed intercourse. Dr. Sekhon quickly determined that I had a hormone and that timed intercourse / IUI would not work. She recommended IVF. We did 9 days of hormone injections prior to the egg retrieval which resulted in 39 eggs. We ultimately got 15 healthy and genetically tested embryos. We successfully got pregnant on the 1st embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Our primary nurse was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The thing that stood out to us is how large of a clinic this was. The positive part about this is that they obviously have great experience. Dr. Sekhon mentioned to us that whenever they are reviewing test results, discussing medication plans, etc. - multiple doctors are looking at it and coming to a decision as a team. The negative part about the size of the clinic is something you feel like the specifics of your fertility issue might get a little lost in the shuffle. For example, we had certain coordinators or nurses call us that didn't really know much about our situation, which could be frustrating at times. We'd just recommend that any new patient be an advocate for themselves. If you don't feel comfortable any point just get in touch with your specific doctor or nurse as needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All in we spent approximately $15,000-$17,000 including everything.
NY - Downtown

I had expressed concerns [to Dr. Thornton] from the onset about vulnerability to hormonal variations and when it became so drastic post-transfer that I was suffering from a first-time onset of clinical depression, I was completely dismissed by all involved. When I was finally issued a different protocol (different drug administration technique) Dr. Thornton did not even check in *once* to see if there was improvement, or how I was doing, or just to treat me like a human patient rather than a vessel for a successful live birth. Nurses are the same, and you will rarely see or interact with the same person twice.
Honestly I haven't heard from the billing department [at RMA of New York] once since starting this process. I've tracked my own expenses - thank god? - but no one has updated me or followed up with me. At this point I'm honestly wondering whether I even have a chart over there. I'm estimating the entire process (egg retrieval, testing, FET) cost about 40k...I expect the clinic's strength is in the sheer volume of patients and cases they have treated. This is a double edged sword, however, in that you become just one of those numbers - and statistics - that contributes to their overall rates. Honestly I felt like I was seen as an easy opportunity to achieve an 'under 35 live birth on the first implant' in order to boost their numbers, and I was given 0 personal attention or care.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr Thornton is likely very intelligent and possibly talented at her job related to the actual fertility elements. Her bedside manner and patient care is utterly lacking. Perhaps I'm an outlier, but if an outlier can be these drastic, I truly wonder where the mean would lie.
You must be a superior project manager and be able to manage your fertility journey with confidence, precision, and the ability to stand up for yourself. No one will take care of you, no one will check up on you, and no one will offer you ways to ameliorate any difficulties the process may cause for you. You should not be afraid to call, email, and keep calling to get the results, updates, and information you need to proceed confidently. This is your body, your choice, and your money that is feeding the factory.
RMA is a factory. I will not be the first nor the last to say this. I think people are desperate for results and will take any kind of mistreatment along the way to get there. I had expressed concerns from the onset about vulnerability to hormonal variations and when it became so drastic post-transfer that I was suffering from a first-time onset of clinical depression, I was completely dismissed by all involved. When I was finally issued a different protocol (different drug administration technique) Dr. Thornton did not even check in *once* to see if there was improvement, or how I was doing, or just to treat me like a human patient rather than a vessel for a successful live birth. Nurses are the same, and you will rarely see or interact with the same person twice.
I started on progesterone shots post 5-day FET (pgt-a and pgt-m). I was miserable. I'd communicated my vulnerability to hormones early on, and it became so drastic I had to demand some sort of change in the treatment or I would not be able to be a functional mother for my current daughter. The nurse told me they couldn't 'make me' take the medication, as in I could either proceed with no change and suffer, or make my own call to completely stop treatment at 6 weeks post-transfer. Something somehow finally got through to Dr Thornton and I was switched to thrice daily endometrin pills + twice daily vaginal suppositories. This produced some nausea but SIGNIFICANTLY improved mood. It took too much and too long to get me to that change. And i had to demand it for myself.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Nursing staff repeatedly had to be followed up with in order to get the full information i needed. On multiple occasions I was chasing people down nearly the end of the day to acquire extremely time sensitive prescriptions - including trigger shot over a holiday weekend! They are impossible to reach - no direct lines or emails. And one nurse when i told her i was suffering on my treatment told me i didn't 'have' to continue the medication, rather than work with me to consult the dr for a mitigated treatment plan.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I expect the clinic's strength is in the sheer volume of patients and cases they have treated. This is a double edged sword, however, in that you become just one of those numbers - and statistics - that contributes to their overall rates. Honestly I felt like I was seen as an easy opportunity to achieve an 'under 35 live birth on the first implant' in order to boost their numbers, and I was given 0 personal attention or care. When I awoke from being put under to have my eggs retrieved, a person I'd never seen before merely said to me 'what does your phone case look like'. That was honestly the first thing someone said to me when I came to. That is the kind of treatment you can expect.
Honestly I haven't heard from the billing department once since starting this process. I've tracked my own expenses - thank god? - but no one has updated me or followed up with me. At this point I'm honestly wondering whether I even have a chart over there. I'm estimating the entire process (egg retrieval, testing, FET) cost about 40k.
I'm not sure but we only transferred one with no discussion of multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
-my follicles got jacked really quickly and i was beyond bloated. We were approaching fourth of july weekend and i was project managing to the extreme to ensure that my trigger shot order was put in and able to be picked up before everything closed. Literally 15 min before the specialty pharmacy closed for an extended weekend i was sprinting in to grab the trigger shot, after spending days playing telephone tag to ensure timing was correct and it was ordered. This was INSANE. -Then my initial Dr went on maternity leave in the middle of my cycle, and informed me two days prior. We were in the middle of interpreting and awaiting updated results on embryos from PGT-A and PGT-M, after coming back inconclusive. This was a shock. -Finally, I was beyond struggling with my progesterone protocol post-FET and was desperate to be tapered off at the earliest possibility. I was legitimately clinically depressed and conveyed this to a nurse upon hearing that my protocol would not be changing at all even by method. She told me that they can't 'make me' take the medicine, and that my two choices were essentially continue to suffer for the sake of the pregnancy, or just take myself off entirely, because they were providing no alleviation strategy. It was the most grotesque display of utter disregard for patient wellbeing, and frankly this nurse should reconsider her profession. After sending a desperate and dire email to my dr (thank god i randomly had her email) some change in protocol was suggested - suppositories and pills rather than shots. She then literally never followed up with me to check in on me after the switch. No call, no email. Nothing to confirm the switch in protocol was for the better. That was the final nail in the coffin for showing me how little RMA cared for me as a patient. -When I was able to come off the drugs entirely, I received a curt email: "Your levels are adequate and you can stop your endometrin today." This, after 40k and 8 months. Can you imagine? -I'm still waiting to hear from the nurse managers to discuss my experience. Nothing. No followup despite my explicit request to be contacted. And so here I am.
NY - Downtown

I loved my doctor but RMA at times did feel like a factory and like I was a number. Some of the doctors were better than others. I wish I had been able to only see Dr. Sekhon but downtown office was not as convenient for me so I usually saw a different MD each visit at Eastside which made it feel less personal. Very clean during COVID and good screening process.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Speaking of just Dr. Sekhon and not RMA, I couldn't be happier with the care she provided, specifically during the IVF process. From even before starting IVF, she demystified the process for me and shared many stories that made me feel more comfortable with the process. She was patient with me, going through the timeline of events and what to expect in detail along the way. Every time we spoke she eased my anxiety. I did not see her every visit but I would travel further from UES to downtown often because I always felt better seeing her than other providers. She was warm, yet straight to the point. Great bedside manner. I trusted the care she was giving me. I also appreciate how available she was over email when I had burning questions that I didn't want to wait until the next appointment- this is huge when going through something so emotional/time consuming. While I wish I did not have to do IVF of course, I feel lucky to have found Dr. Sekhon, and I could not recommend her more.
She is an incredibly busy clinician with lots of patients. If you need her REACH OUT and she will be there for you.
Dr. Sekhon was kind, empathetic and very personal. She NEVER made me feel stupid for asking questions and always took time to explain the process in ways that made me and my husband understand. She was always available over email, including weekends and time off. We had shared decision making and made me feel very comfortable and supported. I trusted what she said because she never steered me wrong. I appreciated her candid but warm nature and her confidence provided me with comfort during this process. She also always asked me how work was and how my family was doing.
Connie the nurse was very helpful and knew my info well, but I did not always talk to her. The other nurses did not know my course as well and sometimes gave me misinformation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Once did not get a call with results and had to call myself. A few times never got an email for an appointment for monitoring (during covid).
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation!... takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself...honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they [RMA of New York] run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to...[Dr. Sekhon] was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is patient with questions and takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself. She was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
Advocate for yourself and don’t be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions in this process. Put together a list and email them or ask for a phone consult. You will get all of your answers.
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation! Her approach was compassionate and available which was much appreciated.
Originally diagnosed with unexplained infertility with healthy AMH so we started with IUIs as a less invasive treatment. When we moved on to IVF, we started on low doses because we had responded well to Clomid. However, as it became obvious that I was a poor responder we adjusted medications each cycle (micro dose lupron, estrogen priming, lupron long cycle/fresh transfer) to maximize success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Connie is incredible. Always answered questions and made sure that I understood the results and next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA’s strengths is that there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It generally was very efficient. The weekends required longer waits because only the Eastside location remained open. Your wait time really depends on the office you go to (Soho office was generally faster than Eastside)
Our total cost to ourselves was under $3k because our insurance paid for most of it.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No concerns

2018 - 2019, 36 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Thornton was very thorough in her explanations and helped me answer all my questions. I went through 2 cycles of egg freezing with her. The first time I was nervous and the 2nd time was during the beginning of the pandemic. She kept me and my partner informed and calm throughout the whole process...
Monitoring hours were very well run. The [RMA of NY] clinic and staff had it down to a tee - I mentioned coming in and needing to go to work right after. I did not miss a meeting...The staff was very organized, even on the weekends when it was busy...Be honest and direct about what you want to know and how you're feeling- it will only help you with the process
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton was very thorough. I went to her for both of my egg retrievals and she made the process very smooth for me. She was even able to double my egg retrieval count on the second round!! I felt fully informed and she answered all my questions (I had a lot and even messed up doing the first set of mixtures). I went out of my way to see her - flew to NYC and stayed there for 2 weeks, when I live in Austin, Texas. I also had my 2nd retrieval during the early stages of the pandemic, so you can imagine the additional stress that caused. Dr. Thornton made sure I felt comfortable and helped ease all my worries during the process. Very highly recommended!
Come with any and all questions!! Be honest and direct about what you want to know and how you're feeling- it will only help you with the process :)
Dr. Thornton was very thorough in her explanations and helped me answer all my questions. I went through 2 cycles of egg freezing with her. The first time I was nervous and the 2nd time was during the beginning of the pandemic. She kept me and my partner informed and calm throughout the whole process!
I remember my dosage was higher during my 2nd retrieval and I was very pleased. Dr. Thornton doubled my egg retrieval and it helped me feel more secure about my future possibilities :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The staff was very organized, even on the weekends when it was busy. I live in Austin, TX and swapped stories with my friends or colleagues who did treatment here and it was worlds apart. Long waits, disorganized or mean staff - I did NOT experience any of that and felt very lucky to be going through my treatment with Dr. Thornton and their staff
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very organized. I went in before work and did not have to wait long - I was even able to make my early morning meetings! Even on the weekends, when it was busy, the clinic did a great job of seeing patients and letting us know what the next step would be. They take care of you so you don't have to worry! We already have enough on our plate to worry about :)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were very well run. The clinic and staff had it down to a tee - I mentioned coming in and needing to go to work right after. I did not miss a meeting!
I had fertility insurance through Progyny at work.
This did not apply to me
NY - Downtown

[Dr. Lucky Sekhon] really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient...answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable...decided we would incorporate clomid into my protocol with injectables since I have an excellent response with that...did a closely monitored TI with a trigger shot and I fell pregnant...do not think it would've happened without her guidance, reassurance and just generally easing my anxiety
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location [RMA of New York]. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier...the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call...The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little...[nurses] are very informed and answers questions with ease.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is such a breath of fresh air compare to my last RE. She is kind, respectful, detailed in her responses and generally seems to care. She never makes you feel like you are a number. She really knows what she is talking about and is on top of all the latest studies and treatment options. She never just does something because that is just what is typically done. She really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. She has also been through IVF herself so she actually knows what her patients are going through physically and mentally. I cannot recommend her more.
Be completely open and honest with her. Tell her all the supplements you are taking, she will tell you which ones you actually need, unlike many who say you don't need to take anything. Ask her lots of questions in general. She will answer them all even if they seem ridiculous.
Dr Sekhon really takes the time to talk to you and work with you on your treatments. She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself. She just really gets it and understands its not just the infertility that needs to be treated, its also the anxiety that goes along with it. She works really hard to set your mind at ease. She doesn't sugarcoat, but she is also not cold and matter of fact like many RE's are.
We did 3 clomid and one gonal-f, then one clomid & gonal-f iui cycles with her that were all unsuccessful. We decided to go back to TI, while waiting to begin a very tailored IVF protocol. Dr Sekhon decided we would incorporate clomid into my protocol with injectables since I have an excellent response with that. I had 5 follicles with just gonal-f and clomid. We did a closely monitored TI with a trigger shot and I fell pregnant March 2020. My baby is due in November 2020. Thankfully this all happened since Covid would have absolutely set us back. Even though this pregnancy did happen "naturally", I do not think it would've happened without her guidance, reassurance and just generally easing my anxiety. Infertility takes away so much more than just your ability to have a baby. There needs to be more RE's like Dr Sekhon out there. She is your biggest advocate, and at the end of the day, that is what you need most on this journey. Not someone trying to hit numbers, but someone who really truly wants you to get pregnant no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt )
The nurses on Dr Sekhon's staff are great. They always call you right back. They are very informed and answers questions with ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. But the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call, but I think that is true for just about every practice at the larger locations. The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little.
IVF is around 15k minus cost of meds and IUI runs around $350 w/o insurance.
She said because we already had one child she recommends one embryo transfer since we do not want to have more than 2 kids.
NY - Downtown

I found Dr. Thornton to be very nice and she did spend time with us during consults. But I also felt like her advice was cookie cutter and not specific to our situation. She was rushed through all of our exams and only performed one of my IUI's herself, which was also incredibly brief...The attention to detail and individual patient experience just wasn't there for us.
RMA is so big. It's like going to Amazon.com for fertility care. There are benefits to being big, one of which is that they have to report their success numbers and thusly want and need to see real results. But being a huge clinic also means you definitely feel like a number, just being processed in a system...It wasn't until I went to a different doctor and had a much better and more thorough experience that I realized how off the whole RMA experience was.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I found Dr. Thornton to be very nice and she did spend time with us during consults. But I also felt like her advice was cookie cutter and not specific to our situation. She was rushed through all of our exams and only performed one of my IUI's herself, which was also incredibly brief. I'd later learn from a different doctor that my cervix is has a deep curve and it is actually pretty challenging to get the catheter into my uterus to do the IUI. Considering how lightning fast and completely painless all of my IUI's at RMA were, it's likely they were never even placing the sperm inside my uterus at all. So I would say the speed at which thing are handled by Dr. Thornton and other RMA doctors is problematic. The attention to detail and individual patient experience just wasn't there for us.
I would say come in with ever question you have ready to go for each visit. If you get to see her during a cycle, your time with her will be brief so make sure you know what you want to ask.
Dr. Thornton is very nice and during the initial consult for IUI and then IVF, she did give us a lot of time to talk things through. But when it came to the actual visits for the IUI's, everything felt really rushed and like I was just a number they were ushering through the system. If she was around to do my mid-cycle ultrasound she would comment on the same things each time. And each visit was remarkably quick. At the time I thought it was normal and that they just had a lot of patients. It wasn't until I went to a different doctor and had a much better and more thorough experience that I realized how off the whole RMA experience was.
For all three of my IUI cycles, I took clomid for 5 days and did the ovidrel shot for ovulation. She explained that this was the best option for people with unexplained infertility, but I can't remember the exact reasoning now. No changes were made to the drug course and no one made sure the timing was exact and certainly the IUI's went faster than they likely should have. We did not get pregnant from any of the IUI's.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were many times when I arrived at RMA and when the nurses called me they wouldn't even give me instructions for what was about to happen. For example my first time for my mid-cycle ultrasound, I had to ask if I was supposed to undress from the waist down. I think the nurses were overwhelmed because RMA is a busy place, but yeah, it just felt like we really weren't important there.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is so big. It's like going to Amazon.com for fertility care. There are benefits to being big, one of which is that they have to report their success numbers and thusly want and need to see real results. But being a huge clinic also means you definitely feel like a number, just being processed in a system. And there were a lot of small slip-ups at RMA, like the fact that my husband and I hadn't even said we were ready for an IVF cycle and the billing department started emailing me for my credit card information. I know mistakes like that could happen anywhere, but I think if RMA was smaller it would be easier to keep track of these things.
Each IUI cycle cost $700. Consultations with Dr. Thornton were $150. My insurance covers no treatments at all so it was all out of pocket for me.
We did a consult about IVF and I believe Dr. Thonrton felt eSET was the only safe way to go, but I'm not 100% positive about that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
As I mentioned there were issues with an assumption that I was starting an IVF cycle and reaching out for billing info when I hadn't agreed to starting yet. Also, the records at RMA aren't in a digital portal so getting a copy of my records to bring to another doctor took over 2 weeks. 2 weeks might not sound like a big deal, but when every cycle counts when you're trying to conceive, 2 weeks can throw the timing off of a next cycle where you wanted to start treatment.
NY - Downtown

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
[Dr. Kim Thornton] rarely made herself available to speak with me regarding medication questions and concerns I had. I found her to be detached, inconsiderate, and lacking in empathy...When I asked her about some of the emerging trends in medical journals regarding new treatment approaches for women my age she was not aware of them. I do not believe she fully evaluated my prior protocols to appropriately consider making modifications as she insisted on continuing with a treatment protocol that had failed twice.
I was covered by insurance for my treatments and medications (which was confirmed in advance by their billing department), however RMA still required me to pay $2000 (just in case)...I felt most times I was in the office for monitoring that I was part of a cattle-call. they also overcharge patients and are very slow to reimburse for overcharges...The nursing staff treated patients like cattle. It was very difficult to get them on the phone to answer questions or request information.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton lacks both compassion and apparent scholarship. When I asked her about some of the emerging trends in medical journals regarding new treatment approaches for women my age she was not aware of them. I do not believe she fully evaluated my prior protocols to appropriately consider making modifications as she insisted on continuing with a treatment protocol that had failed twice. She did not listen to my needs or concerns as a patient and made me fel very devalued. She lacked a signifcant degree of compassion for my unique circumstances.
Consider choosing a more scholarly, engaged and empathetic Provider. Dr. Thornton is none of these.
Dr. Thornton rarely made herself available to speak with me regarding medication questions and concerns I had. I found her to be detached, inconsiderate, and lacking in empathy
She kept my doses very high of Follistim (from prior two cycles) despite my asking for an adjustment. She also added additional Menopur and LEtrozole over the amounts used in my prior cycles. I suggested that she was over-medicating me she did not heed my concerns. I ended up developing very three large follicular cysts which were atretic (like my prior two cycles) and her other follicles failed to grow after a certain point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When you leave RMA you have the lingering sense of "quantity over quality." I felt most times I was in the office for monitoring that I was part of a cattle-call. they also overcharge patients and are very slow to reimburse for overcharges.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As previously mentioned it was an extensive cattle-call. Medical Assistants were also not very adept at venipuncture nor did they listen to my specific requirements which resulted in multiple punctures (more than 5 on one occasion)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During one examination a physician told me that my follicles (5 of them) had magically disappeared. Despite this distressing news (which was inaccurate), I could not get my physician on the phone to clarify this alarming statement. The nurses failed to order my trigger shot and did not realize the error until the day of my trigger. As previously mentioned, Dr. Thornton over-medicated me which led to poor results.