Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2022, Consult
I felt that the doctor [Dr. Nazem] took her time to explain everything to me. I did not feel rushed. I was given a clear treatment path and I was on board with the path. It felt good for someone to give me real answers...she took her time with me to make sure that I understood exactly what necessary steps I needed to take in order to have a baby. I also felt like she gave me a thorough evaluation...
every test result that came in I received a call [from nurse at RMA of New York] explaining everything. I liked that because it made me feel like there was progress being made even if it wasn’t done in one phone call...I felt like everything moved really quickly as far as testing and treatment. If you are planning on going to this fertility clinic be ready to get pregnant and bring your partner with you because he too has to go through testing...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
As a patient I felt that she took her time with me to make sure that I understood exactly what necessary steps I needed to take in order to have a baby. I also felt like she gave me a thorough evaluation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Make sure you know your medical history of yourself and your partner. I felt like I had a good base to start with in order for her to proceed with her approach of steps for me to take.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
I felt that the doctor took her time to explain everything to me. I did not feel rushed. I was given a clear treatment path and I was on board with the path. It felt good for someone to give me real answers which was something I had never felt going to my GYN.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
After giving her all of my information I immediately went for a vaginal ultrasound. The ultrasound gave clarity on where I stood at the moment and what the plan for me was. I had eggs, my uterus was fine and she could see no other reason then my age causing me difficulties. It was explained that I needed to go for an HSG test which would ensure that there were no blockages in my Fallopian tubes or abnormalities. From there it was discussed the possibility of taking medication to aid in egg production and I would be inseminated or I could just jump to IVF. I was apprehensive going with IVF and although it had a higher success rate. I wanted to try the less invasive approach which was take this medication, time your cycles and come in for insemination. I was in the beginning stages to a journey I had been waiting 3 years for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Though I cannot remember the name of my nurse I can say that every test result that came in I received a call explaining everything. I liked that because it made me feel like there was progress being made even if it wasn’t done in one phone call.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths, well I felt like everything moved really quickly as far as testing and treatment. If you are planning on going to this fertility clinic be ready to get pregnant and bring your partner with you because he too has to go through testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything. I just had to pay the copays for lab results.
Describe Taraneh Nazem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I didn’t get that far.

2022, Successful
He was amazing, knowledgeable and empathic. I couldn’t be more grateful for his approach...We did one clomid cycle and magically it worked first time. He explained we would do this 3 times and he didn’t speak too much about what would happen after that and frankly that made me way more hopeful vs him giving me a long list of what would come next if the other ways failed...
The clinic [RMA of New York] was great. Everyone was super nice and they always ran pretty much on time. I was never in my monitoring appointments for more than 30 mins, and all the nurses were very sweet and always very communicative about what happened when...She [nurse] was super communicative and always very solutions oriented. I wanted to try the clomid cycle but was going to be in another state so she explained where I could go so as not to miss that specific cycle...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He was amazing, knowledgeable and empathic. I couldn’t be more grateful for his approach. From the moment I met him, I know that I was in good hands and all I could think was why didn’t I come and see him sooner? I’d put off fertility treatment for a while because I was just so nervous. Without Dr Flisser, I’m not sure that I would have got this far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Go now! Don’t put it off. It’s crazy that as women, we aren’t educated more about our bodies and most importantly how hard it is to actually get pregnant. Best to go sooner, learn about your body, learn about all of the elements that have to be just right for you to get pregnant. It’s much harder than we are led to believe. Armed with a great doctor and knowledge, I felt so much better about everything and I truly believe that had a big impact on me getting pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He has an amazing bedside manner, I am from the UK and I often find the US healthcare system to be quite alarmist which I find super stressful and makes me not want to go to the doctors. Dr Flisser made the experience so relaxed whilst also answering my questions clearly
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha cordero)
She was super communicative and always very solutions oriented. I wanted to try the clomid cycle but was going to be in another state so she explained where I could go so as not to miss that specific cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was great. Everyone was super nice and they always ran pretty much on time. I was never in my monitoring appointments for more than 30 mins, and all the nurses were very sweet and always very communicative about what happened when
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
I had most of it covered on my health insurance but have a few more bills expected to come. Without knowing the cost overall or having a comp analysis of other hospitals I couldn’t say anything further.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Stein was very open and honest about the procedure...Although the visits were very short. They always had time to answer my questions and concerns...To prepare for the transfer I had to take estradiol 3 times a day plus an injection of progesterone every night. And even after a positive pregnancy test I still needed the same amount of medication to hold the pregnancy until I was ready to be released...
The clinic [RMA of New York] was great. It was very clean. Appointments were on time always. They had a set procedure. Take you blood first then take you in a room to wait for your doctor. The rooms were a decent size and clean...Monitoring appointments were very quick. They checked you and you were on your way...The nurses were great... able to answer any questions I had. They were very clear in telling me about the next step....
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was very open and honest about the procedure. The first transfer did not result in a pregnancy and he told me not do good news but told me to stay positive because it is possible. And on the second transfer I got a positive pregnancy test. Exactly what we wanted. He kept my hope alive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Trust the process. Be patient. Do not stress.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses were great. They just took blood and made phone calls with the results of the blood test. They also were able to answer any questions I had. They were very clear in telling me about the next step.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was great. It was very clean. Appointments were on time always. They had a set procedure. Take you blood first then take you in a room to wait for your doctor. The rooms were a decent size and clean. Had everything you might need after one of the visits
Daniel Stein

2022, Consult
Dr. Tia Jackson-Bey was thorough and caring. She encouraged us to look at our fertility journey at all angles. She also explained every step of the process and what she was looking for during my diagnostics...at no point did I feel like Dr. Jackson Bey was treating me out of formality or just to get it over with. She displayed a genuine acknowledgement of my humanity AND my queerness....
The facilities are well designed, clean and emit a calming vibe. They make sure to explain everything in verbal and written forms. They also check in regularly about your physical needs or if you're feeling nervous...at no point did I feel like Dr. Jackson Bey was treating me out of formality or just to get it over with. She displayed a genuine acknowledgement of my humanity AND my queerness...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Strengths: ability to explain complex medical issues simply, genuine attention and presence, holistic attention to health and wellness, encouraging to try less invasive methods, awareness of equity issues in medical field I don't have much more to say because I only saw her once.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready, no question is too silly!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I only came for a diagnostic and consultation
How competent was Tia Jackson-Bey at LGBTQ care?
Absolutely, at no point did I feel like Dr. Jackson Bey was treating me out of formality or just to get it over with. She displayed a genuine acknowledgement of my humanity AND my queerness.

2022, Unsuccessful
When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor...
Great clinic [RMA of New York] although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with…When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Overall, I think Dr Jackson Bey was kind and professional, but unfortunately she completely misdiagnosed me. I was told I would have to do IVF because of FHA. When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor. Thank god I got a second opinion. I have PCOS based on polycystic ovaries and anovulation, something I am still not sure how a reputable doctor could miss. I urge everyone to get a second opinion. I got pregnant with my first round of letrozole with another doctor.
Huge facility, but very kind staff
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Great clinic although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with……………..

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Copperman] has an excellent coordinator and nurse who quickly relayed information...He’s the chairman so if you want to see the same doctor every visit, he may not be the best choice. I wanted the best chance for a healthy baby, which is why I chose Dr. Copperman...Follistim 225 daily, 1 vial Menopur for a few days then 2 vials. Trigger shot! And that’s it for the retrieval. Estradiol 6mg daily and progesterone 50 nightly...
Katrina Garbin is a fantastic nurse [at RMA of New York]! Smart, considerate and genuinely calmed me down on multiple occasions...It’s a big operation. Doesn’t have a strong holistic or nutrition component which I think would be helpful. They do have a nutritionist but I did not work with them...He’s [Dr. Copperman] a brilliant doctor! We have had better than expected results thus far...It’s an amazing feeling to completely trust the process since he is my doctor...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He’s a brilliant doctor! We have had better than expected results thus far. He has a really sweet coordinator and I I adore one of his nurses (Katrina Garbin). It’s an amazing feeling to completely trust the process since he is my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He’s the chairman so if you want to see the same doctor every visit, he may not be the best choice. I wanted the best chance for a healthy baby, which is why I chose Dr. Copperman!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He has an excellent coordinator and nurse who quickly relayed information.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lily L)
Katrina Garbin is a fantastic nurse! Smart, considerate and genuinely calmed me down on multiple occasions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s a big operation. Doesn’t have a strong holistic or nutrition component which I think would be helpful. They do have a nutritionist but I did not work with them. Xcxccxccccccxxxccxcccccc ccxccxccccccxxxccxccc
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Insurance paid $10K, we paid $8000 out of pocket
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We used PGT testing so we went with one
Alan Copperman

2022, Successful
Dr. Flisser was great from the beginning to the end of the process...he explained the process in detail, made sure that all the right testing was done, and everything was checked before we even started talking about cycles. He was very diligent, compassionate, attentive, and knowledgeable. He has great bedside manners...made me feel comfortable and assured that I am in the right place.
The [RMA of New York] clinic is very organized. They have developed their systems really well. I never waited long time to see a nurse or a doctor. They are super quick to answer emails or call back after a voicemail. And everyone is super nice...The nursing staff is very professional, knowledgeable, compassionate. Everything works like clockwork...Dr. Flisser was great from the beginning to the end of the process!
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was great from the beginning to the end of the process! I came to see him after I already had a consultation with another fertility doctor. In that prior appointment , I felt very rushed to make the decision and pay the money. When I came to see Dr. Flisser, he explained the process in detail, made sure that all the right testing was done, and everything was checked before we even started talking about cycles. He was very diligent, compassionate, attentive, and knowledgeable. He has great bedside manners!
Trust the process!
Doctor Flisser took the time to go through the process with me, answered all the questions I had, and made me feel comfortable and assured that I am in the right place.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very organized. They have developed their systems really well. I never waited long time to see a nurse or a doctor. They are super quick to answer emails or call back after a voicemail. And everyone is super nice!
Investment Banker
Dr. Lekovich always took her time to answer all my questions, she is empathetic and would calm me when I was feeling uneasy...she was very understanding but also gave us hope which was what we needed at the time. We had a list of questions and we patiently went thru them. Once moving into IVF, she would explain everything during the egg stimulation visits, and when we finally made it to embryo transfer day she was excited...
She [nurse at RMA of New York] would call me with any updates, and if we had questions she would provide detailed explanations. She is very honest and she knew how to manage our expectations...The clinic is very organized, they communicate how often you need to go in, specifically during an IVF cycle. However, I was not aware that IVF cycles worked in series and that caught me by surprise...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I had a follow up session after IUI didn't work for us, and she was very understanding but also gave us hope which was what we needed at the time. We had a list of questions and we patiently went thru them. Once moving into IVF, she would explain everything during the egg stimulation visits, and when we finally made it to embryo transfer day she was excited.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
To take notes of the questions you have before going in. The doctor is very detailed and she would do her best to answer anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I felt like a human because Dr. Lekovich always took her time to answer all my questions, she is empathetic and would calm me when I was feeling uneasy. Also, the nurses were always great and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lori Traut Savino)
She would call me with any updates, and if we had questions she would provide detailed explanations. She is very honest and she knew how to manage our expectations.

2021 - 2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sekhon is] Very knowledgeable and took the time to further investigate my particular situation and getting the appropriate clearance to have the retrieval so there were no complications. I felt like i could trust her and she genuinely cared...She was very thorough and took the time to check in with me via email before and after the retrieval
[the RMA of NY nurse] was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions...Loved the downtown location. They were always polite and well organized. They always ran on time and i never felt like a number. The Uptown location wasn’t as personal. It was always very crowded and i had to wait a while every time i went
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t hesitate to ask her questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli, for part of it before she left )
Mauli was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
$1100 for procedure and $7k for meds
2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Sandler] is retiring so I do not think he is accepting new patients at this time. However I would recommend him because of his expertise and knowledge. He has been working in the field since 1987. I trust him with third party reproduction and more complex cases...He is not always the most friendly but he knows his stuff and he always does what is best for his patient...
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] calls or emails quickly after a visit and always gets back to me within an hour when I have a question...They know what they are doing. It can be a bit overwhelming at first because they do things like clockwork but give it time and you will see that their routine is highly effective and they make sure that they provide excellent care while you are there...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He is retiring so I do not think he is accepting new patients at this time. However I would recommend him because of his expertise and knowledge. He has been working in the field since 1987. I trust him with third party reproduction and more complex cases
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Because his team always talked With me with care and patience
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
The nursing staff calls or emails quickly after a visit and always gets back to me within an hour when I have a question
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Most of it was covered by insurance
Benjamin Sandler
2022, Successful
She [Dr. Lekovich] was smart and kind and never talked down to me. I felt very understood both as a person and as a person trying to get pregnant. She was always warm but professional. A great bed side manner...She spent almost an hour talking about my history and future and my professional life. She was very very kind and made me feel like she understood who I was and why I was there even though I might not be her typical presenting patient...
The team [at RMA of New York] is very professional and dialed in. They know what to do at every stage and there’s a feeling that they’ve seen the gamut but that doesn’t change that they treat you with everyday kindness...She [Dr. Lekovich] was very very kind and made me feel like she understood who I was and why I was there even though I might not be her typical presenting patient...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She was smart and kind and never talked down to me. I felt very understood both as a person and as a person trying to get pregnant. She was always warm but professional. A great bed side manner. I’d recommend her to anyone.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Chromosomal analysis, HSI, follicle stimulation, egg retrieval, embryo formation, transfer
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The team is very professional and dialed in. They know what to do at every stage and there’s a feeling that they’ve seen the gamut but that doesn’t change that they treat you with everyday kindness. It was the easiest and best it could have possibly been.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] was very forthcoming with the factual aspects of the treatment while being sensitive and supportive during my IVF cycle...I felt assured I was in good hands throughout my treatment. She explained everything and was always helpful when I had questions. Also, she was very sensitive while breaking the news of a failed embryo transfer...
It’s a great clinic [RMA of New York] where you can reach out to doctors or nurses at any time. They are very detail-oriented and ensure that you are aware of all steps throughout the treatment. The only weakness would be the wait time sometimes during regular monitoring...They [nurses] were extremely helpful With communicating the instructions for treatment...
Trust her judgment.
She was very forthcoming with the factual aspects of the treatment while being sensitive and supportive during my IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were extremely helpful With communicating the instructions for treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s a great clinic where you can reach out to doctors or nurses at any time. They are very detail-oriented and ensure that you are aware of all steps throughout the treatment. The only weakness would be the wait time sometimes during regular monitoring.
2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was warm, intelligent and so thoughtful. I completely trusted the process and her recommendations. Throughout all cycles, I always knew what were my risks, expectations, next steps and possible outcomes...would reach out with checks ins. They were also always available to talk and answer any questions...Make sure to speak to your partner before beginning the process.
The [RMA of New York] clinic is efficient and friendly. They also allow times before standard work hours and are open on the weekends. Also, lab results come in very quickly and the office is always available to pick up a call and help...Dr. Sekhon and her team would reach out with checks ins. They were also always available to talk and answer any questions.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Make sure to speak to your partner before beginning the process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is efficient and friendly. They also allow times before standard work hours and are open on the weekends. Also, lab results come in very quickly and the office is always available to pick up a call and help.

2021 - 2022, 26 Eggs Frozen
each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that [Dr. Sekhon] remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort...took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic [RMA of New York] ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for...It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Without knowing it, Dr. Sekhon convinced me to move forward with egg freezing when I watched a presentation that she had given on the subject. When I met her and started working with her as my doctor, she was every much the champion of female fertility that I hoped she would be. She took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing. But more importantly to me, she made me feel comfortable throughout the process. After running into some physical difficulty during one of my consultations she insisted on putting my comfort first and gave me options to successfully continue treatment.
Even though my treatment did not require a lot of interaction with Dr. Sekhon herself, each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that she remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort. Her team was very responsive and helpful in guiding me on this journey. They took my questions seriously and never made me feel shy about asking.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My treatment strategy was pretty straight forward. Dr. Sekhon was diligent in monitoring and adjusting my hormone levels from day to day. As a result, we were able to retrieve more mature eggs than I could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
The nursing team at RMA made me feel cared for and in good hands. Even when there was a small mix up with one of my appointments, I only had positive interactions with the team. They were responsive to my questions and requests and never made me feel as if I was out on a ledge.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for. On the one occasion that I had to wait a little longer than usual in the exam room, a nurse came in to make sure that I was okay and to give me an update. It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic has monitoring hours but, they also allowed you to schedule your time. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen after my arrival and was usually out the door in 15-20 minutes. It was very efficient but also done with care.
I am fortunate to have employer provided fertility benefits that made the process very affordable relative to my income.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I picked RMA of New York because of their reputation - the SART results, which you should absolutely look up for the most recent data, and the reviews from those who had gone there before me...RMA takes a radically different approach to helping someone conceive: it was tailored to me specifically, precise, innovative and, well, incredibly successful
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon took the time to review our (me & my husband's) history trying to conceive. She patiently reviewed our options with us, and she was generous with her time answering our (many) questions about the right way forward. I felt like she cared about overall well-being throughout the process in addition to the specifically fertility-related issues. After trying 8 IVF cycles in Australia, where we live, going with an unknown doctor and clinic in NYC was a huge leap for us, but Dr. Sekhon was fantastic and made us feel safe. We believe that we received the best, most innovative care from her.
As a prospective patient who is trying to conceive, I feel the number one thing you want is a knowledgeable and caring doctor who will give you the best chance to have a baby. My experience with Dr. Sekhon is that she is absolutely that doctor: incredibly professional and kind, she is up on all the latest developments in ART.
Dr. Sekhon got to know me while I was her patient - my history trying to conceive, but also my bigger life story. I felt like she genuinely understood and cared about me. I also felt like she was the absolute right doctor to help us conceive.
Amazingly I only had to do one donor egg cycle (fresh transfer) with Dr. Sekhon, as I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant. The cycle involved a birth control priming period of a few weeks, followed by Lupron Depot, estrace (estradiol), and later on a couple forms of progesterone. I believe the Lupron was to gain control of my menstrual cycle and time it with the egg donor's, and the remaining hormones (estrogen & progesterone) were to support implantation and early pregnancy. I remained on the estrace, prometrium and endometrin (both progesterone) for about 4-5 weeks into the pregnancy. The most important detail, I think, is that this resulted in a positive pregnancy test and has continued into a healthy active pregnancy (14 weeks now).
Not to sound overly dramatic, but Dara was a life saver throughout this complicated process: she assisted us in the selection of a donor, and then was incredibly organized and clearly communicated with me on a daily basis about medication and procedure scheduling. I definitely felt like I could tell or ask her anything - she always promptly responded to me with respect and care. I was actually kinda sad to "graduate" from her care, but obviously happy as it meant I was finally pregnant!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I picked RMA of New York because of their reputation - the SART results, which you should absolutely look up for the most recent data, and the reviews from those who had gone there before me. Though I'm originally from New York City, I live all the way in Australia now, which complicates an already complex donor egg IVF process - RMA went out of their way to work with us, in our +14 hour time zone from New York, and guide us through the process. Once we were in NYC, we were able to go to whichever clinic location was most convenient for us, and I ended up seeing all of them I think! Every RMA of NY clinic was spotless and bright, full of professional staffers who filled me with confidence. Everyone I communicated with, from nurses to finance to my doctor, was fantastic. I really only have the highest praise for them. I went into this cycle with RMA with honestly diminished expectations - we had tried 8 times in Australia already with no luck. We very quickly realized that RMA takes a radically different approach to helping someone conceive: it was tailored to me specifically, precise, innovative and, well, incredibly successful. It was a leap from what we had experienced in our home country, and it was well worth the journey halfway around the world!
I felt really fortunate with the financial costs of my care at RMA as my health insurance covered a large portion of it as in-network. A fresh donor cycle is expensive, though, so you should be prepared to pay out of pocket for the donor's compensation. All of this was clearly explained to us by RMA.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Nursing staff and coordinators [at RMA of New York] we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant...Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee is very knowledgeable and able to explain the process and reasons for treatments throughly. He has a friendly and sometimes comical demeanor that made us feel comfortable during what could be a very stressful time but he was also very professional. He also took the time to answer any questions we had down to the minute details even if they were repetitive. The fact that we were able to conceive after the 1st IVF cycle also is a testament to his knowledge and expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with any questions you might have as he's patient to answer them and explain the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was personable, took the time to explain the procedure he was going to perform and answered any questions we had with patience and repetition if needed
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Mukherjee recommend IVF treatment for us and explained why he recommended that particular treatment for us and why other treatments wouldn't work for our particular circumstance. We were able to start at the time desirable to us and careful and frequent monitoring throughout the process allowed for adjustment of medications to produce 39 eggs of which 14 embryos were produced 6 survived and 3 ended up being normal. Dr. Mukherjee transferred 1 which resulted in a successful pregnancy and we have 2 embryos left in storage for future implementation. To have this happen on the first try was a dream cone true for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Goldberger )
Nursing staff and coordinators we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean, takes strict covid precautions and is professionally run. The service time a very quick and the wait time is not long at all. They also in most cases try to work around your schedule if possible for the appointment times. My only comment for improvement would be that they send clear notifications when they change any policies as they changed the ability for partners to attend baby screenings due to increasing covod cases but didn't send clear communication ahead of time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180 Procedures $1450
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was not given clear information about the recovery time needed/expectations after one of my procedures in order to schedule work/time off accordingly. I was not given clear updated policies about partners not being able to attend screenings due to changes in covid restrictions.
Tanmoy Mukherjee

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well...Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly...available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed...
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator [at RMA of New York] and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support...RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently...you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well. She's obviously very passionate about serving her community of patients and was super available over email whenever I had questions about anything. Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly. I've already recommended her to two other friends who are patients of hers now as well. I'm very fortunate that she has been my doctor. My experience with Dr. Sekhon and her team was great.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to clarify! Dr. Sekhon is very patient and knowledgable but she can't know what you are thinking or worrying about unless you tell her.
Dr. Sekhon and her nurse team (Jennifer was great as well) were with me through the two years of cycles that we managed. They counseled me, were available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed.
The protocol varied for egg retrieval versus embryo transfer. For the transfer (which was successful on the first try - amazing), I was placed on progesterone (injected) and estrogen (pills twice a day). After the transfer, Dr. Sekhon needed to increase my progesterone and added progesterone pills (vaginal) and increased estrogen to 3x a day. Obviously, I've been extremely fortunate so far and the transfer has resulted in an active pregnancy (nearing the end of my first trimester).
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently. It's staffed with excellent doctors and nurses and you always feel you have some of the best working on your procedures. Please know that because of working hours, etc., if you have a more demanding job that is less flexible, that means that you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule and it was so refreshing to be able to do that and have that level of flexibility. It also meant that i didn't have to explain any absences or tell anyone at work unless I chose to do so. Big staff and big operation but great people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine and was extremely accommodating to my personal work schedule.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Given the lack of any known fertility issues, Dr. Sekhon felt a single embryo transfer would be fine and she was correct.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon made the time to listen and made us feel like our input matter, while she provided professional and helpful advice. It seemed as if she was always on top of our case, making necessary and timely changes to our treatment and advocating for next moves that felt best aligned with our interests....She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year.
RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience....nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My ob-gyn recommended Dr. Sekhon, and my husband and I were very glad we went to see her and felt we were in good hands since the initial consult. Being new to the whole process, I was honestly a little overwhelmed at first, but Dr. Sekhon was professional and educational about what our treatment would look like and took the time to clearly explain the process and plan. She never tried to push the plan, which we appreciated. During our journey, our situation had changed, and Dr. Sekhon quickly realized we needed a change in plan. She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Sekhon was patient with answering MANY of my questions about pregnancy. Overall, my husband and I thought Dr. Sekhon was trustworthy and dependable, and we are highly satisfied!
We would tell a prospective patient to manage their expectations around how much they will be working directly with their primary RMA doctor. We understand that RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience.
Dr. Sekhon recommended that we start with three rounds of IUI (only three because the success rate really drops after that) and then re-evaluate for IVF if unsuccessful. During IUI, I took Letrozole for a few days pre-ovulation then had an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. The IUI rounds were unsuccessful, and along the way, we also saw that the sperm analysis was not ideal, so my husband consulted with Dr. Barhama, a urologist with RMA. We then began an IVF cycle using Gonal/F, Menopur, and Cerotide to prepare for retrieval (grow as many eggs) and the Lupron trigger shot right before retrieval. During the transfer cycle, I took Estrace and Progesterone in oil to prepare my uterine lining. I continued these medications after the transfer and also into my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had. Special callout to Nurse Jackie! She always seemed to be listening to my questions/concerns and was compassionate to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - organized, convenient locations in NYC, all staff are courteous and professional. Weaknesses - sometimes we didn't get our requested appointment times or didn't get a communication at all and needed to call the office the morning of.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
We got our requested appointment times and waits were minimal. We typically were able to see Dr. Sekhon (but not always).
Both our IUI and IVF cycles were most covered by our insurance. Some things during the IVF process were not covered such as the anesthesiologist and lab testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We just didn't receive appointment time confirmations once or twice.

2021 - 2022, Successful
From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she [Dr. Sekhon] was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff [at RMA of NY] and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel...Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Sekhon definitely showed compassion and genuine excitement for me and my partner to embark on this journey to having a baby. I felt like she did everything in her power to assist us in getting pregnant, including moving up the IUI date after one of my appointments.
I would say that it is a tiring but enjoyable experience. There are a lot of early mornings, so I would suggest getting accustomed to having appointments between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier depending on the appointment. I would also just keep in mind that you may not always see Dr. Sekhon for your appointments.
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing doctor! From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
Leading up to the IUI, Dr. Sekhon prescribed an Ovidrel injection that was given to me on the day before the IUI. My IUI was actually moved up 24 hours after an ultrasound. I'm not quite sure of the technical definition or reasoning, but in laymen's terms, it seemed that my egg was ready to be fertilized and moving the procedure up a day would potentially increase the chances of me getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel. The situation played out poorly. I wasn't initially informed that the prescription had been sent to a certain pharmacy until a nurse called and told me just a few days before I would need to obtain the Ovidrel and bring it to my next appointment. I was a bit frantic after that phone call because my insurance wouldn't cover the prescription so I had to pay $200 out of pocket. Before I paid out of pocket, there was a lot of back and forth about sending the prescription to a different pharmacy from the nurses so eventually I was able to get the prescription from a pharmacy in Hoboken. Ultimately, it was a lot of miscommunication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier. I drove to most of my appointments at the Madison office, which for someone who lives in NJ costs tolls, but to the appointments at the Broadway office, I was able to take the PATH train and walk about 10-12 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but the commute early in the morning was the hardest thing for us.
During this process, I only had to pay for transportation to and from the clinic, and the Ovidrel, which wasn't covered by my insurance. Otherwise, I didn't have any other out of pocket expenses.

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] explained everything with lots of detail, and made herself available over email, which I really appreciated as I had many questions. If it wasn't for our initial consult and the way I felt after speaking with her (I really saw myself in her), I might not have moved forward. From the transfer through every checkup, she's been so compassionate and supportive, always explaining things to be and giving me the space to share where I'm at....
loved the diversity of the staff [at RMA of New York]. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying... If I wasn't organized, I would have run out of meds several times throughout the course of my time with RMA. The first time I ordered meds there was a mistake as well, and it was only resolved once I caught it - that caused stress early on...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a star doctor, at least in my experience. She explained everything with lots of detail, and made herself available over email, which I really appreciated as I had many questions. If it wasn't for our initial consult and the way I felt after speaking with her (I really saw myself in her), I might not have moved forward. From the transfer through every checkup, she's been so compassionate and supportive, always explaining things to be and giving me the space to share where I'm at.
Ask lots and lots of questions and make sure you feel held and confident after your initial consult.
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She is compassionate and a great listener. I always felt so safe and confident in her presence. She literally MADE my experience.
the first protocol for egg retrieval resulted in over stimulation I believe - my retrieval recovery was painful - I had lots of eggs retrieved (18) and only one healthy embryo (two had to be tested twice - thawed twice - they later came back normal but Dr. Sekhon suggested we repeat the cycle to get more embryos. Second round I believe medication doses changed, were slightly lowered so as not to over stimulate me. Second round we had 14 eggs, 2 embryos.
I had a few nurses who worked with Dr. Sekhon. Most of my exchanges were lovely. There was one nurse who felt a little less compassionate. Jennifer was great at responding to my many many questions. One area where she could improve is in her management of medications. If I wasn't organized, I would have run out of meds several times throughout the course of my time with RMA. The first time I ordered meds there was a mistake as well, and it was only resolved once I caught it - that caused stress early on.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
loved RMA. loved the diversity of the staff. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying. loved RMA. loved the diversity of the staff. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
it was organized and relatively on time.
i don't remember
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
one time I was sent the wrong dosage of estrogen, was told to take 3x day vs 2x. I had to call to double check. I also had an issue with ordering my meds the first time I made the order - some items were missing from my initial prescription which I only found out about after speaking with the pharmacy.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions... I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!)...
Most monitoring appts [at RMA of New York] were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home...It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time...Coordinating messages from the phone staff to nurses, and playing phone tag, can sometimes be a pain, but they always get back to you. I always tried to be able to answer my phone when they called -- so that's an inconvenience but an understandable one!...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is warm, kind, direct, and knowledgable. She easily explained every part of the IVF process in a way I could understand (as someone who was brand new to all of this), and her empathetic yet directive approach made me trust her immediately. At decision points along the way, she laid out options and explained the multiple sides of things, providing guidance for my own decision-making. Her personal touches – phone calls during times of disappointment, emails about specific anxieties I had, and her bedside manner at appointments – made me feel safe, cared for, and confident in the team leading me through a challenging, complicated, miraculous journey.
If you've got questions and want to connect with her directly – reach out! I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!).
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions. Beyond Dr. Sekhon, her nurses and the staff at RMA were incredibly attentive.
For ERs: gonal, cetrotide, menopur, lupron/hcg trigger. I had a solid amount of follicles, so we focused on slow and steady growth. All of my follicles produced eggs that could be retrieved! For transfer: medicated cycle (but without birth control), estradoil, pio, synthroid, baby aspirin, lovenox.
Jennifer Needle, Julia, Jackie were all amazing!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most monitoring appts were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home. Sometimes I'd need to go to offices that were farther away so that I could be seen by Dr Sekhon or on a weekend, but that's just a part of the process. It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time.
We did 2 egg retrievals, 2 rounds of PGT-A/M testing, and 1 transfer. The cost for 1 ER + testing + transfer was around 20K. The additional retrieval + testing was around 15K.
We didn't discuss but since this was my first transfer and I do not struggle with infertility, I assume that's why we went with single!

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Nazem was great. I am in my early 40s and she was very realistic about my options and odds. She was not pushy but wanted me to have all the information to make informed decisions...She will be realistic with you so it's important to do your homework/ research and be prepared to ask many questions so you feel empowered and informed...
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have...Tatiana [nurse] was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was great. She communicated clearly and really took the rules to get to know me, my situation and needs before recommending options. She was very realistic and not too pushy. She made me feel comfortable and well informed.
I'm in my early 40s. I first went to RMA just for egg freezing at the start of the pandemic and that went well. Froze 8 eggs. We discussed also creating embryos as a second course of treatment, but I didn't have a partner and didn't feel like going down the sperm donor route. A year later I returned with a partner and was ready to go the full IVF route. The course of treatment was the same as egg freezing. This time around, they retrieved more eggs and we are currently awaiting the development of the embryos to the blastocyst stage so we can complete PGT-A prior to embryo implantation. I had no adverse effects from either cycle of the meds and all has gone as planned or better so far
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea)
Tatiana was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have. They had strict COVID protocols and I felt safe.
Egg freezing was not covered by my insurance so I had to pay that out of pocket. A discount is available if you use WIN Fertility. For IVF, that was covered by my insurance. I still had to pay out of pocket for the anesthesiologist and PGT-A.
I'm not at the embryo transfer stage yet but I have heard based on my age, a single embryo transfer might be best.. I'm okay with tha as this is my first pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was told last late in the process that zi needed medical clearance from my primary care physician and an EKG before I could proceed. Luckily I have a great relationship with my PCP and she was able to squeeze me in to accommodate this request but I wish I knew that in advance. It could have potentially delayed the process another month.

2021 - 2022, Successful
We are truly grateful for our experience with Dr. Sekhon. Even in having tough conversations...her bedside manner was warm, genuine and considerate. It was a beautiful experience to feel so understood and cared for throughout our journey. Dr. Sekhon also has a wonderful energy about her that makes you feel safe in what is a very vulnerable process. We would, without a doubt, recommend her to anyone considering the IVF process.
RMS of NY has a very well organized office. We never waited long for our scheduled appointments, which is always a plus. Both the administrative office and nurses communicate very well and consistently; pre and post visit. The only suggestion I would have is for the clinic to revisit the Co-IVF contract, to ensure there is a version for same sex couples, that correctly specify the patient/recipient of egg.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We are truly grateful for our experience with Dr. Sekhon. Even in having tough conversations (my partner and I are both in advanced maternal stages), her bedside manner was warm, genuine and considerate. It was a beautiful experience to feel so understood and cared for throughout our journey. Dr. Sekhon also has a wonderful energy about her that makes you feel safe in what is a very vulnerable process. We would, without a doubt, recommend her to anyone considering the IVF process.
To not be afraid to ask any questions, even if they seem silly. There is no judgement from Dr. Sekohn in trying to understand certain aspects of the process and she makes herself available to ensure you have the information you need to take the next step and/or make the best decision for yourself.
We were undergoing a Co-IVF process and it felt good not having to explain what we were doing each time we had a visit. We felt seen, heard and understood at every appointment. We understand that Doctors see a number of patients/couples throughout the day, but it never felt that way. It always felt like Dr. Sekhon truly knew us and was rooting for our journey.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff has created a well oiled machine, but even in their ability to be fast in their process, they still take the time to be warm and kind each visit.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring went smoothly, as we were seen at our appointment time without any delay.
Co-IVF is unfortunately not covered by insurance, even at advanced maternal stage, so we had to pay for most services out of pocket, but were told about WinFertility and worked with that program.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough in her explanation of the process and what to expect. She is patient and always willing to explain or repeat anything that may be confusing. Additionally, she is highly responsive via email...[she] showed a strong preference to single embryo transfer and advised why she could not do a multiple embryo transfer...[she] adjusted my medication / treatment strategy based on my bloodwork and reactions
[RMA of New York's] strength is the resourcing and system it has set up. there is a good amount of automation and attention to detail where it really matters (blood work names, samples etc). Weaknesses of the clinic is sometime you the patient were required to call and follow up in case there was a miss on update or scheduling miss. The finance department got a little confusing to align with to best understand how my insurance aligned with the procedures.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough in her explanation of the process and what to expect. She is patient and always willing to explain or repeat anything that may be confusing. Additionally, she is highly responsive via email, thus always there for her patients
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Sekhon is always open to discussing and providing her professional opinion
Dr. Sekhon is phenomenal! she truly cares about her patients, she never rushes and always takes the time to answer even the simplest or repeat of questions! She takes the time to get to know her patients
Dr. Sekhon adjusted my medication / treatment strategy based on my bloodwork and reactions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Freundlich )
Fertility Care Coordinator is very thorough she would call and follow up with exact details of what the next steps were. She was also very responsive via email to any questions i had
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinics strength is the resourcing and system it has set up. there is a good amount of automation and attention to detail where it really matters (blood work names, samples etc). Weaknesses of the clinic is sometime you the patient were required to call and follow up in case there was a miss on update or scheduling miss. The finance department got a little confusing to align with to best understand how my insurance aligned with the procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were early in the morning - but you were able to set a preference - something the clinic really respected! the waiting room was full but the wait time was very short - patients were in and out at an acceptable amount of time.
costs were upfront outlined and coordinated with my employers insurance coverage
Dr. Sekhon showed a strong preference to single embryo transfer and advised why she could not do a multiple embryo transfer

2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an incredibly knowledgeable, caring, non-judgmental, intelligent and trustworthy doctor. She tailors treatment to the individual and does not believe in a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. I felt seen and heard by Dr. Sekhon, and she also made sure to make every effort to see me herself at each appointment...In advance of the transfer, she did a saline sonogram as a mock transfer...
[RMA of New York] Very organized. As an anxious patient, I appreciated that it was a well oiled machine and everyone was seen in the order in which they arrived during monitoring appointments. I also always knew what to expect from appointments. In addition to the IVF coordinator, the Financial Coordinator were extremely helpful to seek insurance clearance and explain all financial obligations. I also appreciated that RMA has multiple offices so you can be seen where it is easiest for you...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I will never see another fertility doctor. Dr. Sekhon is an incredibly knowledgeable, caring, non-judgmental, intelligent and trustworthy doctor. She tailors treatment to the individual and does not believe in a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. I felt seen and heard by Dr. Sekhon, and she also made sure to make every effort to see me herself at each appointment.
Don't wait for ~1 year before seeing her and discuss your family planning
I transferred to Dr. Sekhon's care after having a negative experience with another doctor and his team in the practice, and after hearing strong reviews from friends who were patients of Dr. Sekhon for various reasons. Dr. Sekhon listens and cares. She is non-judgmental and truly wants the best for her patients. I absolutely felt like I was treated as a human and not just a number with her, which is one of the main reasons I switched to her care.
Before transferring to Dr. Sekhon's care, I did an egg retrieval cycle, 3 IUIs and 1 IVF transfer with 2 Day 3 embroys with Dr. Sandler. All IUI and IVF transfers under Dr. Sandler's care were unsuccessful. We were successful in our first transfer under Dr. Sekhon's care. In advance of the transfer, she did a saline sonogram as a mock transfer. I took estrogen and progesterone leading up and following the successful transfer. I should be weaning off the medication ~week 9.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie (nurse) and Rachel F (coordinator))
While we have only been under Dr. Sekhon's care for ~2 months, her team has proven to be effective and organized communicators with prompt response rates. They also took time to answer questions, no matter how repetitive, and showed compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have good insurance. I don't remember the exact total specific to Dr. Sekhon's care vs. total care, but I am extremely grateful for my insurance and that RMA takes my insurance.
Dr. Sekhon felt good/positive about our grade 4AB embryo and did not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time for my safety. We agreed, especially after a failed attempt at transferring 2 Day 3 embryos with Dr. Sandler.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Under Dr. Sandler's care, there were 2 critical errors made. 1.) after my IVF transfer with 2 Day 3 embryos, I was instructed to stop taking all my medication a day before my pregnancy test. It took me showing up and asking to speak to ANY nurse because no one on his team was in that day to find out about this error because my gut (I lacked some knowledge at this time) told me that was wrong. I emailed and called about it after, and never heard back from anyone regarding the matter. 2.) Half my eggs were unfrozen instead of all to make embryos without clear explanation. After we got the call that 8 of 9 of my eggs could be fertilized, we heard nothing all week. I kept calling in to ask for status updates of our embryos and it would sometimes take a full day to get a call back. Our embryos were fertilized on a Saturday and by the next Friday I finally heard that only 1 embryo made it to Day 5.