Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions...She described each procedure clearly. When I was ready for my transfer we had a hiccup and I had to have surgery, she helped me find a surgeon and get things taken care of quickly...
Sometimes RMA monitoring hours feel like a factory, if possible to extend hours later into morning would be ideal. The staff were all fantastic and welcoming every time I went to visit. Brooklyn location is the best with the new facilities...I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day...They [nurses at RMA NY] were all excellent...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions. Today I am12 weeks 5 days with a donor egg baby
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
facts are great, sharing success stories will help
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon was great. she was thoughtful and cared about me and my journey
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Wells)
They were all excellent
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
IVF is expensive
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
N/A single embryo transfer is the way to go with less risk and higher success
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day. In worked out

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Stein always greeted us warmly and answered all of our questions. Since I was new to infertility, I initially wished he provided more hand-holding. But we soon realized he was dedicating his energy to what mattered - analyzing our case and recommending treatment to get the achieved result...He provided clear and candid guidance and made time to answer all of our questions. His demeanor was steady and calm throughout, making it easy to trust what he was saying and not get thrown off by an unexpected turn of events in treatment....
I liked that the RMA West Side office is relatively small, so it didn't feel quite so much like an assembly line as other clinics nearby. Some nurses were warmer than others, but they all provided information in a straight-forward and consistent manner and worked to get all questions answered...He [Dr. Stein] provided clear and candid guidance and made time to answer all of our questions. His demeanor was steady and calm throughout, making it easy to trust what he was saying and not get thrown off by an unexpected turn of events in treatment.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Ask the questions you have, whether via email or at an appointment, and schedule extra consultations with Dr. Stein if you need more time to get questions answered, especially as you are in the planning stages of your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Daniel Stein
NY - Westside

2022, Successful
The clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice...Dr. Lucky [Sekhon] was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions...was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email...If you can, try to see Dr. Lucky for all your monitoring appointments - she's really great!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email.
Dr. Lucky was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Jackson-Bey is both a wonderful doctor and person. She never made me and my husband feel rushed and took the time to answer questions and speak to us, even after hours. Her bedside manner is exactly what I want in a doctor, she keeps it real yet hopeful, is confident and kind...I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay...I like and recommend RMA. I appreciate the flexibility in monitoring hours and locations and I liked that I got a chance to meet most of the doctors there since you never know who you'll get on procedure days. Most doctors have great bedside manner and a few seem too busy for questions but I don't blame them, monitoring mornings get busy.
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
I have nothing but good things to say. In fact my husband and I wish she could be our GP. She is really good at explaining what's happening, makes time for questions and is responsive. I never felt rushed, pressured, or like I wasn't receiving the best advice. I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case. Truly a gifted physician and gem of a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Bring a notebook and be prepared to take lots of notes. There's no such thing as a bad question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval 1: antagonist protocol. I was a slow responder and stimmed for 14 days. I have slightly low amh and only had 5 eggs retrieved. one made it to blast and came back low mosaic. We changed my protocol for the second retrieval and did the microflare protocol with estrogen priming. I ended up with 6 eggs and 4 blasts. Three came back PGT normal. in between retrievals I had to have a laproscopic hysteroscopy to remove uterine adhesions and fix additional scarring/issues at the fundus. I had my FET two months after my second retrieval and three months after surgery. It was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy Arnerich-Hatch)
So sweet and so responsive. Lucy is great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay. Most of our IVF was paid for out of pocket.
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Will only transfer one embryo at a time. She outlined her reasons and we were on board.

2019 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. Lederman] told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner.
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion...Sometimes the White Plains office can get very busy. Fridays especially. Request early appointment times if you can, as those seemed to have the shortest wait. Other than that, the staff kept everything moving efficiently.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first met with Dr. Lederman, I explained my symptoms and shortly thereafter we went into another room to look at my ovaries on ultrasound. Immediately, he told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner. I really felt like he was always on my team, and routing for our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is trying to find the right protocol for your body. Everyone is different and one protocol will not produce the same results for two different people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman always remembered my case when he saw me during treatments. He was always so kind and personable, and so empathetic when we didn’t get results we were looking for.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols, but the one that worked for me was estrogen priming (patches). This produced the most amount of follicles for me, and resulted in two PGS normal embryos. Previously we had used birth control before cycle starts but that seemed to suppress me too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shakira - nurse for bloods. Andrea - coordinator )
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion. She and Audrey are the sweetest.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most treatments for us other than anesthesia and embryo testing.

2020 - 2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions...She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward...she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results...
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic [at RMA of New York]. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson-Bey was very compassionate and responsive. I had tons of random questions in between appointments and she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results (i.e. negative pregnancy test from an IUI). She really cares about her patients and about her work. She is active in advocacy around infertility issues and getting more people access to infertility care.
Be as specific as possible in asking questions. Make sure to be clear on your communication style - i.e. if you're someone who likes blunt direct communication, be upfront about that.
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions. She has a great personality and really cares about her patients.
Dr. Jackson-Bey initially recommended IVF from the outset because of my history of anovulation and DOR. I was very resistant to IVF and so we agreed to try medicated IUIs first. She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward. I ended up doing 6 IUIs because I responded well to them and there was no obvious reason that an IUI wouldn't have worked for me. Eventually I felt very ready to try IVF and so we made the switch. My first protocol was one designed for women with DOR or poor responders. I didn't get many eggs but the results of blasts was very strong. We decided to do another cycle to bank embryos because of our desire to have two kids. The second cycle we used a different protocol that I did not respond as well to and we also had a male-factor issue so we ended up freezing eggs only. After that we took a break as we were pretty shaken up from that experience and decided to switch doctors within the practice purely for a psychological "reset." We are soon preparing to transfer the euploid embryos that we got from that first IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy)
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We chose the clinic because of it's strong reputation, location, and because they take our insurance - GHI. The doctors and nurses have been amazing and the location in downtown Brooklyn is ideal. We've also had great experiences with all of our procedures - IUIs, egg retrievals - at the Madison Ave location. We did one IUI in Soho that was also great. On the other hand, for routine matters, the coordinating staff and finance staff are lacking. It might be also a factor of our insurance being shitty but we've had a terrible time coordinating pre-authorizations. My husband and I end up spending hours on the phone with the pharmacy, insurance for the first few days of each cycle. It was extremely stressful for both of us and probably impacted the results of our cycles.
The major procedures were covered 100% by insurance (unlimited IUIs and up to 3 IVF cycles) but we decided to pay for ICSI ($2,000) and PGT testing ($2,500).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We had some issues with nurses giving us the wrong protocol over the phone. I had received the protocol via email from the nurse so I double-checked it and had to call back to confirm. This happened twice. We also had a lot of issues getting the medication delivered on time. We ended up doing a lot of three-way calling among the clinic, pharmacy and insurance. It became a second full-time job at certain points.

2021, Successful
Dr Mukherjee is extremely competent, transmits a lot of confidence and he is also very straight-forward, which I appreciated. He is definitely busy but will take the time to listen and answer your questions when you need him...advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense...he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested...
RMA is a well-oiled machine - very efficient, always on time, quick to respond It can feel impersonal because they do see many many women everyday and monitoring room is crowded but I believe the more women they see, the more data they have, the more studies they can perform, etc.... So it can be seen as impersonal but I believe is a very good clinic with the best standard of care...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Trust him, he will give you advice with your best interest in mind. That said, advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense. One example: I did 2 IUIs that failed and normally 3 are recommended before you go to IVF. I asked him to skip the 3rd one and move on to IVF and he was very open to accept it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee and RMA are obviously very busy....RMA is a well-oiled machine so in everyday appointments there is not much time to chat...but if you have questions and need them at any point then the Dr. will make time for you, answer all questions and listen to you.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
2 IUIs + Clomid and then IVF (with genetic testing, freeze all)
I talked to 2 nurses - Clara and Marisa....they were responsive and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered most of it but all-in I had ~6k of co-pays for 1 IVF cycle and 2k for genetic testing
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested - I believe this is 100% the right approach

2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time..
Monitoring appts [at RMA of NY] were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen...$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle...Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time. Couldn’t recommend her more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Ask all of the questions you have and voice any things you’re hesitant about, she’ll provide all of the information you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was very thorough and individualized our meetings based on my challenges and concerns.
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Was diagnosed with PCOS in the early stages of egg freezing as I did not have a menstrual cycle. Began oral medications to produce a cycle, which was not initially planned. Then did injectable medications once the cycle began for nearly three weeks (“low and slow”) due to PCOS. had daily bloodwork and ultrasounds for nearly the last week again due to PCOS and high risk for hyper stimulation syndrome. Ended up with a very large number of viable eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The care coordinator did not play a major role as I did not hear from her much through the cycle, only at the onset for paperwork. Was not assigned a primary nurse. The nurse I met with for patient education regarding administering injections was inpatient and not thorough. Seemed easily annoyed by my questions and because I hadn’t been “pre scheduled” to meet with her. The ultrasound technicians were always very kind. When I had doctors who were not Dr. Gerber (as she was not present for every monitoring appointment), they were also nice though not as informative as my primary doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - primary doctor was amazing. Ultrasound techs are also great. Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be. Provider gave me donor medications because my insurance would not cover costs. Weaknesses - did not see primary doctor for many monitoring appointments and had a different doctor for the actual retrieval. Limited assistance from nurse and patient coordinator. Only select locations open for weekend monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle. None were covered by my insurance.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of cycle, the coordinator forgot to send in certain requests for testing and I had to come back for follow up appointments.

2021, Unknown Success
[Dr. Lekovich] was cordial (if not exactly warm), and seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of fertility. She ordered the full workup of hormone testing and also performed one ultrasound...[she] didn't explain or provide much context for the genetic testing that she recommended - I would later learn that this was "expanded carrier testing" and considered elective/experimental by most health insurers, and thus not covered by insurance
my overall experience with RMA - Brooklyn was mixed. I had a solid experience with Dr. Lekovich, but I had some issues with the finance office and very limited contact with nursing staff, other than the doctor's assistant (nurse/PA)...Cons are a seeming lack of transparency and miscommunication in the clinic's billing practices. My experience in terms of scheduling and communication of test results was fine, if routine.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I saw Dr. Jovana Lekovich in April 2021, and explained to her that I wanted to get a full workup so that I could get a better idea of the state of my fertility, given that I was almost 35. She was cordial (if not that warm) and seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of fertility. She ordered the full workup of hormone testing and also performed one ultrasound (during the 1st visit). She told me that my egg reserve appeared normal and suggested another ultrasound in a 2- 3 weeks because there was something blocking her view of one of the fallopian tubes. During the 1st visit, she also discussed my family history and explain that lab tests done in a doctor's office are generally more reliable than at- home lab tests, which I had a few of prior to making this visit. One area where my experience fell short was the recommendation by the doctor to have genetic testing performed. She said that I should have genetic testing done (and when I asked her wasn't that only for pregnant women, she said that it was a good idea for everyone). Dr. Lekovich didn't explain or provide much context for the genetic testing that she recommended - I would later learn that this was "expanded carrier testing" and considered elective/experimental by most health insurers, and thus not covered by insurance. The only other thing that was off was the doctor's comment that maybe I wasn't trying hard enough to conceive. I felt that this was a bit presumptive but maybe that was just me. I feel that my overall experience with Dr. Lekovich was positive, if brief. She obviously has expertise with fertility topics and the various types of infertility and related medical conditions. While her bedside manner is a bit lacking, she is very intelligent and knowledgeable in the field of reproductive endocrinology, and that is what matters to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I would say to ask as many questions as you can about recommended tests or procedures, before agreeing to have them done. I would also say to not expect Dr. Lekovich to hold your hand at any point during the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I found RMA through searching my then - health insurer's website, and called them to make an appointment for a consultation. That part was straightforward enough. I saw Dr. Jovana Lekovich on a chilly weekday afternoon in April 2021, and explained to her that I wanted to get a full workup so that I could get a better idea of the state of my fertility, given that I was soon to be 35. She was cordial (if not exactly warm), and seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of fertility. She ordered the full workup of hormone testing and also performed one ultrasound (during the 1st visit). I saw her for one add'l visit after the initial consult - for another ultrasound. I gave this rating because 1) I felt like I wasn't treated particularly well by staff other than Dr. Lekovich and her assistant (a nurse/PA), and 2) Dr. Lekovich didn't explain or provide much context for the genetic testing that she recommended - I would later learn that this was "expanded carrier testing" and considered elective/experimental by most health insurers, and thus not covered by insurance. I received phone calls from different individuals at RMA with my lab test results after the 1st visit and to schedule my next visit after the 2nd visit, and I just got the feeling that I was just another call on their list that day.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Not applicable in my case -- I only had a consultation and lab testing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I visited RMA twice in 2021 - in April for the initial consultation and then in May for an ultrasound. I had limited contact with nursing staff, however, I did have a positive experience with her assistant, a young nurse/PA, who drew my blood on the first visit. Other than my experience with the doctor's assistant, I received phone calls from different individuals at RMA with my lab test results after the 1st visit and to schedule my next visit after the 2nd visit. These interactions felt routine and I just got the feeling that I was just another call on their list that day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I'd say that my overall experience with RMA - Brooklyn was mixed. I had a solid experience with Dr. Lekovich, but I had some issues with the finance office and very limited contact with nursing staff, other than the doctor's assistant (nurse/PA). Pros are obviously the endocrinologists and their expertise, and the nurses who care. Cons are a seeming lack of transparency and miscommunication in the clinic's billing practices. My experience in terms of scheduling and communication of test results was fine, if routine. The 2 individuals from RMA (nurses, I believe) who called me to communicate my results and to schedule the next visit sounded very indifferent and possibly even impatient. However, it was RMA's handling of billing that really sunk this experience. As mentioned earlier, RMA was an in-network provider for me. I received separate bills through my insurance - for each clinic visit, the lab tests, and for the genetic testing (Sema4). Everything was fine, except for the genetic testing, which my insurer had deemed "experimental" and so covered exactly 0%. Insurance subsequently billed me over $11K for this sole claim, which seemed outrageious. I communicated this to my finance coordinator and she said that it should be covered by insurance and requested a Letter of medical necessity to this end. I followed up with Aetna (insurance) and it would be > 2 weeks before they received this letter. Eventually, I got in contact with the genetic testing provider directly, via phone and email over the course of 3 months, and they explained that it isn't usually covered by insurance but that pursuant to an agreement they have with RMA, I should have received the contracted rate of $250, and not billed the full rate. I was finally able to resolve this issue in June/July 2021 by paying the provider directly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Overall, testing and clinic visits came to < $750. Genetic testing = 250.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Not applicable
Jovana Lekovich
2021, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring...
RMA is efficient and reliable...It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler was the doctor who did my egg retrieval - he was not the doctor I initially met. I was initially nervous about not being able to select a doctor for my retrieval, but I realize at RMA, it doesn't matter who you meet initially because you will be working with the entire team. Some people are uncomfortable with this. Once I understood that this was the case, I didn't mind. I felt confident that the team was reliable. I also understood that the purpose of going to a clinic like this, is to try and get the maximum efforts for fertility - hence the initial doctor I met also suggested an embryo freeze to IVF as opposed to simple egg retrieval due to my age and circumstances. I was nervous going into the procedure, as I had never gone under anesthesia (which only lasted 30 minutes). Dr. Sandler came in quickly, introduced himself, promised he would retrieve as many eggs as possible, and got more eggs than were part of any of my monitoring. While I have yet to confirm the number of embryos we have after PGT, I believe he did exceptional for what was needed. I also did not bleed or spot at all after the egg retrieval and recovered completely in 24 hours. I do think this was a result of his excellent and fast care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Disregard the negative reviews - Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring. That being said, the efficiency of all of the nurses and doctors made them a good team. If you feel you need bedside manner or ask more questions, you need to speak up and ask for it. I felt I needed more at several times and so I made them set up additional meetings with doctors and nurses when I felt I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I did not like my coordinator - she was too inexperienced and tried to rush me into the procedure before she went on vacation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is efficient and reliable. I went there because my closest friend had her baby there with a donor egg in her mid 40s. It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible. I have yet to find out how many embryos have made it through PGT, so I will elaborate further once I get the results.
Benjamin Sandler
2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed...Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection...
The nursing staff at RMA [New York] were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic...All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. I never had a definitive reason provided why I was not getting pregnant. However, Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed. Every step of the way seemed to be easy with her. One of my main concerns going into RMA was my embryo quality based on my last retrieval. Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection. The ERA showed my lining was receptive but the infection testing was inconclusive. Regardless, I did two weeks of antibiotics to clear anything up. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome. I will always be thankful to her and RMA and will recommend any of my family and friends going through infertility woes to her.
Trust the process but do your research. I started with Dr. Gerber a year after I had been going through IVF treatment so I was familiarized with the process and had a few intuitions of my own as to why it wasn't working. Thankfully, Dr. Gerber took my inquiries seriously and conducted the testing needed to clear them up or rule them out.
Dr. Gerber and her staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and put thought into their responses. They were very warm and encouraging throughout the entire process.
Egg Retrieval (not sure of the exact strategy but I do know it was non-flare) Zymot prior to Embryo creation 2 weeks of Doxycycline for any lining infection 2-3 weeks of Estrogen prior to transfer 7 days of a steroid prior to transfer 5 days of progesterone prior to transfer Baby Aspirin post transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really appreciated the collaborative aspect. All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps.
My Treatment with Dr. Gerber was a little over $15,000. We were off of insurance at this point so it was all out of pocket. This included payment for the egg retrieval, appointments and first transfer.
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Single Embryo Transfer
2020 - 2021, Successful
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand...When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling...He's quick-paced in his appts...But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
the locations [RMA of New York] were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized...I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts...the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand, he made sure to answer my questions and was not too blunt nor too delicate in his delivery, it very much came across as giving the facts and information. I also feel like he was very on top of things - he monitored me closely and made sure to get me in to appts early and frequently rather than let things go, which I appreciated. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling. I felt like w monitoring appts they were very quick. I also think he chose the right doses of meds and timing for my retrieval and transfer - I had friends who had much worse experiences at other places.
He's quick-paced in his appts - appts and monitoring visits, you may feel rushed. But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
During the monitoring appts, I often felt they were "busy", some made me feel like they were "present" but often it was in and out quickly, which made me feel a bit like on a conveyor belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff were very responsive, they called me when they said they would, with instructions and information I needed and wanted. They were always available for questions and would answer what they knew and what they needed to check w the doctor about.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are the locations were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized. The weaknesses were that I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts, I wish I was either more prepared with what to expect w them or they spent not necessarily more time but at least show they are "present" for the appt rather than in and out. I also think the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
My insurance covered appts and labwork and I had copays under $35 for ultrasounds. My insurance covered IUI but not IVF so I paid out of pocket (~$13,000) for IVF retrieval (minus cost of meds - mostly covered by insurance, paid ~$300 for meds) and ~$4,000 for transfer.

2019 - 2021, Successful
We were pretty defeated when we switched to Dr. Lederman. He was patient and understanding. 2 frozen embryos has lead to our 18 month old daughter and another baby on the way. I would highly recommend him!...Meds and timing were adjusted for optimal results before the retrieval. Transfer was pushed back a week for optimal hormone levels...they enforced embryo testing before transfer.
[RMA of New York] enforced embryo testing before transfer......I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second...I was called by 2 different nurses on the same day with different medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he is patient and understanding.
Even though they were busy they didn’t rush you in and out. They patiently answered all of your questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The staff was all friendly and would call to communicate all results.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second. Front desk staff in Westchester are very friendly.
I believe when did retrieval and transfer was about $17k.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I like that they enforced embryo testing before transfer.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Klein was very open with us from the first meeting. He explained everything very clearly to us and answered all questions and concerns we had. He performed my transfer and made me feel very comfortable during it. He always returned my calls and e-mails in a timely manner...the clinic only done single embryo transfer...Dr Klein was so down to earth and easy to talk to, he listened to what we had to say and never dismissed our choices....
Nice clean and friendly clinic [RMA of New York], felt that everyone knew you by name and you weren't just another person starting on this journey! Monitoring appointments were always on time and hours perfect for getting to work afterwards...the clinic only done single embryo transfer...the front desk staff were so warm and inviting and then Dr Klein was so down to earth and easy to talk to, he listened to what we had to say and never dismissed our choices...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Trust what he tells you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
From I walked into the clinic for my consultant with Dr Klein, I knew I was in the right place, the front desk staff were so warm and inviting and then Dr Klein was so down to earth and easy to talk to, he listened to what we had to say and never dismissed our choices.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dr Martha Fennessy )
Dr Martha was so nice to us from our first encounter, she was more than helpful and full of knowledge. She replied to all calls and e-mails promptly and was always very friendly at our visits to the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice clean and friendly clinic, felt that everyone knew you by name and you weren't just another person starting on this journey! Monitoring appointments were always on time and hours perfect for getting to work afterwards.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We were told at our first consultant that the clinic only done single embryo transfer. If that was something we didn't like, we could leave after the consultation and never return.
Jeffrey Klein

2021, Consult
Dr. Jackson-Bey felt transparent and patient. She spoke to me with respect and did not automatically assume I understood the medical terminology and treatments she was describing. I walked away feeling a sense of trust in her guidance...She is clearly trained in LGBTQ+ family building support and approached my relationship and family-building goals with compassion...
This clinic [RMA of New York] claims to be highly LGBTQ+ competent but the front desk staff misgendered my partner multiple times. To the clinic's credit, when I sent feedback about these encounters to one of the Patient Liaisons they were very thoughtful in their response. An additional weakness was their lack of transparency around their BMI protocols...after my consultation and monitoring, I found out the clinic would *not* actually freeze my eggs due to their anesthesia policies related to BMI...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
To me, Dr. Jackson-Bey felt transparent and patient. She spoke to me with respect and did not automatically assume I understood the medical terminology and treatments she was describing. I walked away feeling a sense of trust in her guidance.
Dr. Jackson-Bey was kind and patient with my questions! She even drew me a diagram to help visualize the concepts she was describing. She is clearly trained in LGBTQ+ family building support and approached my relationship and family-building goals with compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic claims to be highly LGBTQ+ competent but the front desk staff misgendered my partner multiple times. To the clinic's credit, when I sent feedback about these encounters to one of the Patient Liaisons they were very thoughtful in their response. An additional weakness was their lack of transparency around their BMI protocols. I asked upfront and was told there was no restriction or cut-off on care based on BMI. Then, after my consultation and monitoring, I found out the clinic would *not* actually freeze my eggs due to their anesthesia policies related to BMI. That was the worst part of my experience with RMA.
Approximately $2,000 for initial consultation and diagnostics.

2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive...After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI...always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns...
the office [RMA of New York] is extremely organized and communicative...Fast responders...Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away...Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was the first specialist I saw and had great success. I had a consultation with him in October, and am now pregnant with twins. I found out over Thanksgiving weekend, so was successful on our first try! I always knew that I had a mild form of PCOS (multiple follicles on each ovary, irregular periods, and anovulatory cycles). So, after a few short months off of birth control I knew I needed to see a specialist. Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either. He also had absolutely no judgements since most specialists say you need to wait a year of trying, but he knew there was no point in that for a patient with PCOS. After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI. The process was beyond easy to say the least as the office is extremely organized and communicative. Dr. Flisser was amazing, got us through the process, always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns, and was so excited when we heard the first two little heartbeats at just 6 weeks! He has such a calming personality, and we are so lucky to have found a doctor like him! We are so thankful for Dr. Flisser, and would recommend him to anyone trying to start a family. He is your guy! Run - don't walk!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Voice all of your concerns. I guarantee he'll be able to help you through them.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I took Letrozole cycle day 3-7 (5mg at night). Day 13 had an ultrasound and found 2 big follicles on each ovary (20 MM), and did an Ovidrel trigger shot. Day 14 did the IUI.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing. Organized. Communicative. Fast responders. Couldn't recommend them enough. All of the doctors there are great as well. I don't have any weaknesses. Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away.

2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon had the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with. She is sympathetic and listened to all concerns...she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease...Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid...
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions...there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We saw Dr. Sekhon after 8 months of trying after a miscarriage. We tried one IUI (after doing two rounds with another clinic) and then went to IVF. Our retrieval resulted in 18 eggs with 4 genetically normal embryos. Our first transfer was successful and I am currently pregnant. Not only did Dr. Sekhon make us successful, she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease. Would recommend her to anyone looking for treatment!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid (even if it probably is).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like how there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI.
My treatments were mostly covered under my works fertility benefits

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.

Investor
Dr. Gerber guided us every step of the way and alleviated the pressure of this very stressful period...has deep expertise in her field and a great personal presence. She managed our treatment with efficiency and compassion. My husband was very apprehensive about working with a fertility doctor, but it only took one consultation for him to trust Dr. Gerber. She explained every procedure and quickly addressed any concerns or questions we had along the way...
The doctors at RMA operate as a team, so for certain appointments you may be working with a physician different from your primary doctor. That's very convenient, as it allows the practice to operated nearly around the clock...Dr. Gerber has deep expertise in her field and a great personal presence. She managed our treatment with efficiency and compassion...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber has deep expertise in her field and a great personal presence. She managed our treatment with efficiency and compassion. My husband was very apprehensive about working with a fertility doctor, but it only took one consultation for him to trust Dr. Gerber. She explained every procedure and quickly addressed any concerns or questions we had along the way. She made the process feel like an opportunity and we were looking forward to our appointments. We are extremely grateful Dr. Gerber was in charge of our treatment.
Dr. Gerber guided us every step of the way and alleviated the pressure of this very stressful period. Prior to the initial consultation, my husband and I were really unnerved about proceeding with any kind of fertility treatment. Dr. Gerber was able to quickly de-escalate the tension, helped us gain perspective, reassured and educated us at every stage. She managed the process with true care and consideration.
2021, Consult
Dr. Gerber is kind, patient, and knowledgeable. She spent so much time with me and even completed the ultrasound herself as she explained every image to me. She was honest and had great bedside manner...Explained every step of the process to me in great detail. Took the time to complete the scans herself and explained each image she pulled up. Made sure I understood everything that would be happening next...
The clinic [RMA of New York] was clean and organized and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable during the entirety of my visit as each staff member was friendly and went out of their way to support me...Every nurse I worked with was kind, thorough, and patient...She [Dr. Gerber] spent so much time with me and even completed the ultrasound herself as she explained every image to me...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Kind, knowledgeable, thorough, and patient. Explained every step of the process to me in great detail. Took the time to complete the scans herself and explained each image she pulled up. Made sure I understood everything that would be happening next.
Go into your appointment with any questions you may have. She will be happy to answer them all!
I haven’t started the treatments yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordan )
Every nurse I worked with was kind, thorough, and patient. They all went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and taken care of.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was clean and organized and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable during the entirety of my visit as each staff member was friendly and went out of their way to support me.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations... I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see he
[My IVF Coordinator at RMA of New York] was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done...[staff] was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person...Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most compassionate doctor I have ever worked with (fertility or otherwise). I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see her at transfers it was as if no time had past. She knew me, my history, and made me feel comfortable in a situation that could be categorized as extremely scary and uncomfortable.
Fertility treatments can be an extremely unknown and scary process. Trust that Dr. Sekhon is taking your situation into consideration and truly cares about your outcome with each step of the process.
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations. She often brought up my partner and spoke of her fondly (she could not join appointments due to covid). She was truly invested in the outcome of each procedure and answered any and all questions I had. I never felt rushed by her or that I was an inconvenience.
Dr. Sekhon had me start with an HSG to ensure I had no tubal blockage before starting treatment. If I had she would have made sure to focus on one ovary instead of the blocked. However, I did not have any blockages and started with two unmedicated IUI cycles as there was no reason to believe I couldn't get pregnant with just insemination. I did inject a trigger shot 36 hours before insemination. Due to having a limited number of Sperm Donor vials I consulted with Dr. Sekhon and we agreed moving to IVF would be a great next step. I worked with her team to get all documentation ready during IUI number two so we would be ready to move straight to IVF if needed. I did two egg retrievals using injectable stim medications and a trigger shot which both resulted in around 20 eggs being retrieved and 8 blastocysts sent of for PGT-A testing. I then had two frozen embryo transfers, the first not resulting in a pregnancy, and the second resulting in a pregnancy. Throughout both transfers I took Estrogen Pills and Progesterone injections to help maintain the pregnancy.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Going into any new doctor situation is nerve wracking as an LGBTQ person, however, Dr. Sekhon never made me feel that way. She spoke to me as a person who wanted to get pregnant and needed help with it. I never felt uncomfortable or judged. She was extremely knowledgeable and made sure to share all options I had when starting this process. When my first two rounds of IUI did not result in a pregnancy and I had limited donor sperm vials left she helped talk through the best options and how moving to IVF could be a better option for future planning for me and my wife.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
My IVF Coordinator, Jennifer Needle, was instrumental throughout my egg retrievals and frozen embryo transfers. She was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done. She was always available to hop on a call and would respond to emails within the hour. If there were ever concerns or questions I knew she would be extremely helpful, even if she didn't have the answer, she would find the person who did.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is a wonderful practice full of caring practitioners. I have visited most of their office locations (Madison, Soho, and White Plains) and they each vary in their strengths and weaknesses. Madison is a large office and there is usually a short waiting period. The rooms are decent sized and while I never had my partner join me due to covid there would have been plenty of room. The Soho office is very small and intimate, but extremely efficient. The wait time for monitoring is typically no more than 5-10 minutes, they have a great system down. The exam rooms are extremely small and when my partner was able to join me for ultrasounds it was extremely cramped. However, the doctor was very mindful of this and always made sure to tell her where to stand to ensure she could see the screen. The White Plains office is a decent size, however constantly behind on their monitoring appointments, there were times I wasn't seen over an hour after my appointment time. Additionally, the front desk staff can sometimes be abrasive, you never know what to expect in this office, sometimes it is seamless in and out and others you're there for 30m-1h. However, the nurses at all locations were extremely thoughtful and helpful in each office and always made me feel cared for.
My insurance fully covered my fertility treatments so I only needed to pay my insurance deductible and out of pocket max ($7K).
Dr. Sekhon transfers only one embryo at a time. I was not concerned with this approach as I did not want there to be a chance of multiples. Dr. Sekhon explained her practice with this and I was aligned with her practices.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
RMA of NY was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person. While often this was something that didn't come up as my wife was unable to attend monitoring appointments due to covid, when she could join me everyone was welcoming and kind.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them. My cryobank had all of RMA's information already in their system and was able to deliver vials within one days time. I simply had to call my cryobank, tell them how many vials I wanted to ship and who my clinic was and they confirmed the information with me and set up the shipment. I would then send an email to a specific RMA email address with the shipment information and when they could expect arrival. I never had any issues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was gearing up for a transfer cycle at RMA. The day or two before my cycle started I received a call from one of the nurses informing me that I would not be able to complete a transfer cycle that month due to a government mandate that the IVF lab be closed for cleaning for the month. I understand that RMA had no control over when the government mandates this, but I would have liked to been given more notice as I had made specific plans surrounding this cycle.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me...The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole.
[the RMA of NY staff] were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedul
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I wish I had Lucky in my life sooner--as early as my teen years! (Although that wouldve been impossible as were about the same age!) Not only was she able to help us get pregnant but she improved my quality of life. I was a long time sufferer from PCOS plus uterine fibroids--but I didn't know how bad they had gotten until Lucky & her colleague Leigh Rosen explained everything to me. I didn't know how much my fibroids & PCOS had been monopolizing my every day. I felt truly cared for, Lucky was not just treating my symptoms (as many doctors have in the past...), she was treating the causes. I felt like I was speaking to a caring friend. She made me feel comfortable in a way that I haven't felt about other physicians. She is knowledgeable & truly cares about sharing information. Lucky changed my life & I'll never forget that.
Lucky is incredibly high functioning & she'll get you the answers that you're looking. Don't go "down the rabbit hole" of the internet to try to figure things out on your own, reach out to Lucky instead. She will listen to you. Be your own advocate--it's ok to confirm next steps, to re-confirm information & to remind Lucky about some of the details of your case. The fertility journey is intense. Take notes before & during your visit. Write down questions ahead of time so that you don't forget to ask them when you have time with Lucky. Take notes so that you can review them after your appointment & feel free to email follow up questions to Lucky or your IVF nurse. Sometimes it will feel like you're getting a deluge of information & it's ok to take the time to process all of it.
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me, when I started to feel crazy. She encouraged me to reach out to her instead of attempting to do my own research. I often felt like I was the only one in her care, especially as she advised us on everything from next steps to surgery to the Covid vaccines.
My treatment strategies were very dependent on my diagnosis of uterine fibroids, PCOS & my age. I had ovulation challenges due to my diagnosis. The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole. My fibroids required an adominal myomectomy (after an MRI indicated that I had about 25 fibroids of varying sizes, one being quite large), so a major surgery& recovery time had to be factored into our treatment. We landed on IVF, based on Lucky's guidance around our best chances of becoming pregnant. & to preserve our fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance "Connie" Schmidt)
Connie was awesome. She called after every appointment & followed up with an email after the call. The email summarized everything we talked about plus any instructions that we discussed, in terms of treatment, medications, administerings meds, etc. Sometimes Connie had to deliver not so great news, if Lucky couldn't get back to us right away & she was alwasy compassionate & patient. Connie is very knowledgeable & she would be quick to offer tips & tricks to help make something easier. I never felt rushed on the phone or via email. It was truly a team effort & we were lucky to have Connie on our team too.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We started visiting RMA in April of 2020 & throughout the pandemic. It was intense, but all of the precautions that the clinic took to keep their patients & staff safe, comfortable & healthy were impressive. They were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedule. Rarely was the waiting room crowded--I felt comfortable & socially distanced. I've heard nightmare stories about other clinics... we were so grateful that we were with RMA.
Thanks to our insurance & the RMA Finance team, our appointments, IVF procedures & most of our medications were covered by our insurance & our $25k lifetime maximum for fertility treatments. We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing of our embryos. We were not charged for meeting with Rena Gower, the clinic's therapist (this was a service that we found very helpful).
Lucky advised that transferring one embryo is a best practice, as multiples are considered high-risk. In order to ensure our best chances for a healthy pregnancy, delivery & baby, a single embryo transfer was best for us.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands...She was easily accessible by email and phone...While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings...She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator...
Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA [of New York], while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner...The clinic was not always helpful in coordinating care with Pharmacy. I had the most challenges with the RN assigned to my care...She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent doctor. She is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands. While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings. She was easily accessible by email and phone. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as a doctor. She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator.
I would have liked to have all appointments with Dr. Sekhon.
Dr. Sekhon answered all of the questions I had in a very timely manner. She was also very kind in dealing with my numerous questions.
I had a standard IVF process, where I took medication in preparation for the egg retrieval, had egg retrieval and the next cycle had 5-day frozen embryo transplant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie )
While Dr. Sekhon was amazing, I did not have the same experience with her Nurse, Connie. She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present. She was the only who called with my blood results, and those calls felt very rushed. I did not often get to ask follow up questions (which was OK I guess because I emailed those to Dr. Sekhon and she got back to me within the same day (if not within hrs!))
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: fast and convenient Weakness: I saw the medical assistance for blood draw the most, since they were in such a hurry the care did not feel personalized. I felt more like a factory (which I guess is the cost of being fast, but I wonder if there could be some balance because I spent more time with the medical assistants who drew my blood). Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA, while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner.
I paid for co-pays for each ultrasound/blood retrieval ($20/visit), anesthesia for egg retrieval, and co-pays for medication.

2021, 30 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times...I felt informed about all aspects of the process...I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her...
Jennifer [nurse at RMA of New York] was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions...The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience as Dr. Sekhon's patient. Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times. My experience was completely in line with what Dr. Sekhon outlined at my initial consultation, and I felt informed about all aspects of the process. I would highly recommend egg freezing in general to any of my friends, and I feel my positive experience was in large part due to being in Dr. Sekhon's care.
Dr. Sekhon put me at ease and was patient in answering all questions throughout the process. I consistently felt that Dr. Sekhon was patient and thorough in all of her interactions with me. Because of the nature of the monitoring appointments, I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her.
Antagonist protocol with dual trigger
Jennifer was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I chose RMA because of the doctors there and its reputation, and I had an overall positive experience. The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
Egg freezing is covered by my employer in full after meeting my out-of-pocket max ($1500) so my expenses were minimal relative to the total cost.