Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2011 - 2013, Successful
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient... Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics... Expect good results but not a lot of hand holding and warm cozy feelings. They run a very efficient factory with high ratings but not touchy-feely.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient. As if I were greedy wanting to try to have a second child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics. Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First cycle was just IUI, second used ovidrel and IUI, third was Clomid, Ovidril and IUI (I had severe reaction to Clomid), 4th was injectable with Ovidril and IUI (result ectopic). Last was injections, egg retrieval, IVF, 3 embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth, 1 embryo frozen. 1 year later, embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They answered questions but I didn't get a lot of compassion at missed attempts or after ruptured ectopic that almost killed me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Usually convenient. I was there at odd hours but could be forced to wait, especially my second experience, almost as a vendetta even if I was the first patient there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
~15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Office staff were quite rude. They would chat or take other patients in before me forcing me to wait extensively for what appeared to be personal dislike. I overheard them discussing me as "weird" as if that justified being unprofessional.

2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He personalay follows his patients through their treatments and he makes the decisions about medications and timing. Not all doctors do that, even at RMA. We got pregnant very quickly while working with Dr. Grunfeld. Some people say he is not warm and fuzzy and I am sure there are doctors who rate higher on that metric, but he is not cold, and gets results
The staff [at RMA of New York] was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is excellent at giving information and explaining your situation. We saw him for a second opinion and just looking through my chart from another clinic, he gave me lots of information the original doctor had not, even though it was the other doctor's chart. He also gave me more information following a physical exam. He explains things well and answers questions well. When we got bad news during one cycle, he was immediately available and followed up quickly and thorouthly. I also felt his information was realistic.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly (coordinator) Carrie (nurse).)
The staff was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is very well run and very warm. The doctors have coordinators and nurses who work their patients. I went for screening at the East side location and in Brooklyn. Sometimes screening in Brooklyn could take a long time because there was only one doctor. You could always meet with a nurse during screening too.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Screening was in the morning. I generally tried to get there early and did not wait long. The doctors at the East side location did not spend a lot of time with you but you could see a nurse. In Brooklyn, the doctor would spend more time and would generally give you a lot of information about your exam and answer questions but you could also wait longer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
We were covered by insurance
2010 - 2013, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Copperman] is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good.
It [RMA of New York] feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
he is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good. i did have some losses, one in particular that was devastating, and he was very helpful. at the end of the day i owe my two amazing sons to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
he is a clinician first with a high volume practice. you will get pregnant there but he won't be your best friend.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
it feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
i dont remember sorry. i think I blocked it all out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: anne)
anne and hilde were absolutely amazing. they were my first cycles for my oldest. Second time around his staff was not nearly as good. HIlde was in midwifery school so wasn't as available and anne was out on maternity leave. one nurse gave me a dosage error during an iVF cycle and nearly destroyed the cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
factory. front desk staff probably dealt with way too many hormonal women to count and now is in robot mode.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
ugh. you had to wait. you didnt know if it would be 10 minutes or 40 minutes. during a 10 day cycle its awful when you are racing to get to work. The waiting room is absolutely packed. And they make you go back into the waiting room between blood and doctor sonogram (in 2010/2011 you went right in). general impression of the difference between 2010/2011 and 2013/2014 was that they got too big too fast
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
we had 5 cycles. insurance paid for 2 and change but even after that the doctor's visits were covered by coinsurance. it was just the transfer, retrieval, ICSI, etc that wasn't covered. Probably 20K out of pocket for all of it
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
one of the nurses gave incorrect hormone information during an IVF cycle. it was caught when I asked a question to a different nurse as I contrasted what she said to my prior day's instructions. Doctor called me immediately and had me come in the next day. At the end of the day we were still able to do the retrieval.
2012 - 2013, Successful
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal...but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman....Hilda [nurse at RMA of New York] became like a friend she was wonderful and always talked me through everything.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Around $40k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One time they told me I was ovulating and then days later I wasn't producing progesterone and a nurse told me I can't get pregnant if I don't have progesterone. Turns out I got a cist it wasn't my egg and I ovulated later in the month.

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me... He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval.
I did not have a good experience with him [Dr. Klein] and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was almost malicious to me during a post-surgery complication. He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval. I left the surgery with no pain medication, called that afternoon received no help, and when I called again that night he yelled at me for calling the answering service and bother him (it was only 10pm) and sent me to the ER rather than help me by ordering a simple pain medication. Even my normal doctor at RMA was horrified.
I did not have a good experience with him and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me. I was truly horrified.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
After my surgery on a Saturday afternoon I called to inquire about pain meds (I hadn't been given any) and they told me they couldn't connect me to a doctor.
2011 - 2013, Successful
Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable...Always knew who I was and my history. When I found out my pregnancy had lost the heartbeat while he was doing an ultrasound he was unbelievably kind
Get to the office [RMA of New York] early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to access records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc...The waiting area was always packed but I don't see anything that could be done about that...Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor. Working with infertility patients takes compassion, patience and understanding on top of skill. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone with knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Get to the office early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to acces records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I don't remember exactly, but I believe I paid @$12,000 per cycle

2010 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld was great. There were other doctors in the practice that I didn't like nearly as much.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Straightforward but also warm.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Try and schedule your monitoring for days that he'll be there.

2012, Unsuccessful
I felt this doctor [Dr Mukherjee at RMA] was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Just bad. Also, see my comments from the human section. He was hard to get a hold of. He was pushy pushy to IVG IV[F] I have to add. He dismissed my symptoms that I later learned pointed to endometriosis. AND later, I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. The funny (or not so funny) thing is, I read in NY Magazine that he is the expert in endometriosis. He totally unprofessionally told us how terrible another doctor we had met with was.
I felt this doctor was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He wanted us to do IVF right away. He did not believe in immune treatment. We did a couple medicated IUIs with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I felt they were disorganized and some of them were just rude.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic felt like a factory. Sometimes wait times were very long.
Mostly covered by insurance bc we just did IUIS

2009 - 2012, Successful
[Dr. Muckherjee] Spoke to me like a real person with a brain; wasn't flustered when I got emotional; spent time explaining things; was positive but honest.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I know of no weaknesses. He was the ideal doctor for me and I would recommend him to anyone for ART, and I have referred friends to him many times.
Be realistic and patient with the process. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: don't recall name)
Intelligence
2009 - 2012, Successful
Dr Sandler was very personable and remembered previous discussions and was very honest...The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem.
The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem...It's like a factory during monitoring hours, otherwise it's clean and the staff is friendly and competent.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
The entire staff is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Corteous, professional and thorough
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a factory; get there as early as possible or you could be there for a long time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Between 9,000-10,000 a cycle and about 300-350 in medication co-pays
2007 - 2011, Successful
I felt like a human. The only problem I had was that I was always asked to sign in when I arrived at the office and then the sign in sheet was left out for everyone to see. I was concerned about my privacy and how the lack thereof could affect me at work. The receptionist laughed about me crossing out my name when I left, and I told her that it wouldn't be funny if I lost my job. Hopefully they've become more careful about privacy.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I interviewed one other doctor and much preferred Dr. Klein. Convenience was a factor but I also prefered Dr. Klein's manner. He did not recommend medication for me (at age 36) and the other doctor did. I got pregnant on my first try, with two back to back IUI's. I didn't love that when I talked about tracking my fertility he called that the "loosy goosy method." I actually found ovulation predictor kits ineffective but have a good sense of when I'm ovulating, so didn't need them. I also was on thyroid medication and dropped off my blood test results with him, expecting that he would manage that, but I got the feeling that he never looked at them, and was told by the receptionist that he wouldn't. That's fine. I found another endocrinologist to manage that during my pregnancy, but would have felt much safer being told that right away. I didn't know what questions to ask. I still recommend him, but recommend that you make sure to ask if there are any concerns so you know what is in his domain and what isn't. All in all, I got what I went there for and ended up very happy. Oh- inseminations had to be performed in the city but I was able to have all the testing done in White Plains.
Just talk to them about privacy if that's a concern for you, and ask questions about any medical concerns so you know if you need to see another specialist as well.
Simple IUI, back to back. I had to get them paperwork in order to have the sperm sent there. I had a blood test to check my FSH levels. Then I went in when I suspected that I was ovulating and had an ultra sound. He recomended a trigger shot just to make sure that the egg would be released at the right time, being that all the inseminations only happened in the mornings. He didn't go over whether this carried any risk and I didn't ask. He did not recommend any medication and I didn't need any. Inseminations were fine, doctors were nice and wished me luck. After the inseminations I was asked to come in for a blood test, maybe in two weeks to determine pregnancy. I got the call later that day and asked how strong the numbers were (someone who had been through fertility treatments told me to ask). She told me what range was good and what mine were. She told me to come back in a few days later for another blood test to see if the numbers doubled. Then at 6 weeks maybe, I went in to hear the heart beat. Soon after he referred me to an OB practice and wished me well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Honestly, I mostly worked directly with Dr. Klein but I don't remember any negative interactions with anyone other than a receptionist who found my concern for privacy amusing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
all said already- weakness back in 2007, having to sign in and let everyone see your name everything else was positive
I think my insurance covered everything but the sperm.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I made the mistake of assuming that the doctor would pay attention to my thyroid levels and make sure that they were what they should be with my pregnancy. It turns out that I needed to see a specialist to handle that and I think when asking about my medical history they should have told me to make sure there was a specialist managing my throid levels for pregnancy instead of just ignoring it until I happened to ask.
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
We felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
Was most impressed with the office staff and Dr. Copperman's assistant [Heidi]. Wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I started fertility treatment with Coppermann be finding his name on this list of top doctors in the New York Times. He does his treatment in cycles of 3 which I liked - therefor I had 3 cycles of clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's with him. I would not describe Coppermann as particularly warm with a great bedside manner- he did explain the process and answer all out questions but at times we felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
I would say demand the attention. Ask for sit-downs with the doctor before and after treatment. Do your research and homework.
was most impressed with the office staff - Heidi was Dr. Coppermann's nurse and I did feel like she genuinely cared about what we were going through. She was very patient and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
felt they tried to make it as bearable as possible- patient, took time to make sure you understood everything. Gave us medication from own supply when we had run out -, organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
went in for early monitoring hours before work so was convenient - 7am -9am - wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
2010 - 2011, Successful
Email him [Dr Jeffrey Klein of RMA of New York in Westchester ] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell. him [Dr Jeffrey Klein] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was great especially on email he would get right back to us. Office is very busy but assume that is the case with all clinics.
Email him any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
Dr Klein took the time and met with my husband and I on multiple occasions. One time he felt like he didn't answer all my questions and called me later that day when he had more time to talk. It was very scary time not knowing the outcome but he was great
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses were good. Got to know them by first name.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Was pretty quick and first come first serve so i tried to get there early since I had a long commute to the city after my appt
20k
2009 - 2011, Successful
very trustworthy - took me seriously - respected me as a single mother - not a lot of small talk but that fit my style - in retrospect wish i had not spent so much time and money on iui and gone straight to ivf - he was efficient and caring...thought he respected me as a person - would have liked to have individualized my plan a bit more...6 iui - 3 with clomid and 3 with injectable 1 ivf...about my remaining embryos - i assumed they would be frozen and was only told after the fact when i inquired that they were not good enough quality and were disposed of
i felt like i wanted more support from the nursing staff [at RMA] than i got...i just felt like noone followed up with me about my remaining embryos - i assumed they would be frozen and was only told after the fact when i inquired that they were not good enough quality and were disposed of...very efficient with getting me in and out for all the lab draws and u/s very good place for a working woman...would have liked to have individualized my plan a bit more
push for ivf sooner
6 iui - 3 with clomid and 3 with injectable 1 ivf
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
i felt like i wanted more support from the nursing staff than i got
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
i felt like 5 embryo transfer was the best option for me - i was not sufficiently prepared though for the fact that the remaining 5 embryos would not be good enough to freeze
2004 - 2011, Successful
The wait times were not crazy although I did always get there early. When I started going to Dr Copperman he was working out of Mt Sinai then moved to his own RMA on Madison. The facility was brand new...Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC [single mother by choice] to be...He was caring, honest, sympathetic and overall amazing. He treated me like a person and not a number. I saw him more than I expected after all the stores I had heard about just being a number. And still in my life even after my kids are 14 years old!
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
BE persistent with your care
Alan was caring and especially good to me as a SMC to be. There were many factors that contributed to this.
Sorry but this was a long time ago and don't really remember specific details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were totally on top of everything. They helped me emotionally as well.
He was very kind to me especially after 3 IVF's

2010 - 2011, Successful
She cared deeply about her patients and was so generous in even helping us by donating the costs of the med[ication] during our second round.
[Nurse] Rebecca was awesome. Also direct, but cares about her patients and communicated my results always in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Caryn Selick at RMA of New York?
She was an incredible doctor. Highly intelligent and direct communicator and very, very thourough. She cared deeply about her patients and was so generous in even helping us by donating the costs of the meds during our second round. I continue to see her as my OB and have enormous respect for her. She has gotten a number of my friends pregnant too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caryn Selick at RMA of New York?
Be prepared for the worst news and be very patient. Infertility is a roller coaster and generally involves a long ride.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was excellent, again highly professional and punctual.
Caryn Selick
2010 - 2011, Successful
We happened to be very lucky and treatment worked within 8 months of starting it, but he [Dr. Grunfeld] made the process smooth and amazing...He was candid and patient from the very first visit...Really treated me as a whole person - from head to toe - taking into account psychological state as well as physical state.
Compassionate, careful. I have bad veins, but they were able to do the bloodwork expertly. Great staff [at RMA New York]! [Monitoring appointments were an] efficient, well-oiled machine.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He was candid and patient from the very first visit. Gave us realistic assessment. We happened to be very lucky and treatment worked within 8 months of starting it, but he made the process smooth and amazing.
Go to him!
he listened to our concerns. Really treated me as a whole person - from head to toe - taking into account psychological state as well as physical state.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Compassionate, careful. I have bad veins, but they were able to do the bloodwork expertly. Great staff!
efficient, well-oiled machine
2004 - 2011, Successful
My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child...I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to no
I think the waiting room in any of these places is a really tough place to be. For me it felt like we were all in a big competition for the same babies, and that was grueling. Keep your head down in the waiting rooms and try to not pay attention to anyone else....My experience was long and grueling but I got the outcome I wanted. They were willing to keep going with me as long as I wanted and were helpful in the process. It's an awful process to go through but they were professional about it...Dr. Copperman was professional but also very kind. He was very supportive of my goals to have a child.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He's a very good doctor; listen to his advice.
Sorry, it's too long ago and frankly (and kindly) I have forgotten most of the details.

2011, Unsuccessful
Very blunt. Was eager for me to start IVF right away after two miscarriages (naturally conceived). failed to mention that they were genetically normal. Misled us.
RMA is a factory. I wouldn't recommend it... Only go if you want IVF... don't expect personal care.
Only go if you want IVF
RMA is a factory. I wouldn't recommend it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
it's a factory with lots of people so don't expect personal care.

2011, Successful
Wonderful bedside manner. Very thorough, though, I would have liked a follow up appointment with him after the egg extraction to discuss the quality of the eggs / embryos.
Don't expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr. Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation. The staff was very warm and I felt like they genuinely cared about my well being.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
dont expect to see your doctor at every blood work or appointment. Dr Copperman did not do my extraction nor my implantation.
2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr Sandler is very direct, has an incredible human kindness never found in other infertility specialists; some times I did not like what I hear but he kept focusing me in the right direction we even decided to take a six month break that gave us the chance to come back with a successful treatment. he even gave me his cell number to make sure I could call whenever I wanted...He is very direct, and may not hold your hand as others, being a foreign physician (he was born out of the country) may have a different cultural background but showed genuine concern and has been known for not taking money out of people who have no chance to get pregnant.
Very efficient, we arrived at 6:15 am [at RMA - Downtown] and they were incredibly empathetic of our situation...Being an out of town patient, they were in the middle of Manhattan which provided easy access, lots of traffic during working hours but easy to access...He [Dr. Sandler] was very kind explained every step clearly and interrupted one cycle when he saw my ovaries were not responding accordingly...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
dr Sandler is very direct, has an incredible human kindness never found in other infertility specialists; some times I did not like what I hear but he kept focusing me in the right direction we even decided to take a six month break that gave us the chance to come back with a successful treatment. he even gave me his cell number to make sure I could call whenever I wanted
He was very kind explained every step clearly and interrupted one cycle when he saw my ovaries were not responding accordingly
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
he used a Pergonal Protocol, and then HCG on the day of ovulation, followed by retrieval and transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very efficient, we arrived at 6:15 am and they were incredibly empathetic of our situation
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
dont remember but considered fair and successful
2009 - 2010, Successful
Investment Banker
At the beginning he [Dr Alan Copperman] seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients...Dr. Copperman was straightforward and he provided all information about my case and answered my questions. He was also very kind when I had a miscarriage at month three during my second pregnancy.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Pros: Straight forward, open minded about non-traditional treatments to use as a complement (i.e. acupuncture), it was important for me to know the details of the treatment and why did we have to do IVF and he very willing to educate me and provide explanations even if it required extra time.
At the beginning he seems too nice that you don't know if should entirely believe him or if he is trying to overly convince you. But once you ask questions and realize he is very transparent and treats you with respect I trusted all his recommendations because he truly cares about his patients
I do not remember very well because this was a while ago. We did antagonist protocol. He did not recommend Clomid which was extremely painful and the protocol that Spandorfer from Cornell had me on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were extremely responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have no complains about the clinic. They were very well organized and always ran on time.
it was al covered by my insurance
NY - Eastside

While Dr. Stein is very approachable and willing to answer questions by email, phone or appointment, he does have a very large number of clients (as you would expect from RMA NY). I did not always see him during monitoring and when I did, time was often limited. Also, while he was very good about tempering expectations, I felt there was a lot of emphasis on only my age and not further exploration of other contributing factors.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. ..The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an accomplished endocrinologist with a lot of experience. He was referred to me by a few friends / acquaintances who had positive views of him and his practice. When my first round of IVF did not yield a large number of eggs / embryos, his adjustments for and throughout the second round showed far better results. A third attempt may have been even more promising, but we ultimately chose to move on. In Dr. Stein's practice, there is not a lot of focus on preparation before cycles or treatment. There was very little advice on nutritional adjustments or supplements. For me, personally, I was looking for more guidance on how to possibly improve my situation from an integrative medicine perspective before jumping into another cycle. That said, as far as western medicine, I would recommend him to those that are focused on that kind of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, continue to ask them. He can be responsive by email. If not, his office will set up a phone consult. He is direct and extremely knowledgeable, but I am not sure how much he thinks outside the box.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
In my first IVF cycle, we used the microflare protocol that starts with the birth control pill. Given my work schedule, I was on bcp for a week longer than standard. I had fears that this would over-suppress my ovaries. I wholeheartedly believe that my fears were valid. The amount of eggs retrieved did not match my expectations given antral follicle count from several day 3 observations. Trust your instincts!! My second IVF cycle, using estrogen priming, yielded far more eggs. However, we opted for PGD and none of our embryos made it to blast even though they made it to day 5. Given my history of miscarriage, it was the right choice to try to test all the embryos at the time. However, for the next cycle, we will try to transfer some fresh embryos. After speaking to a couple friends that were also patients of Dr. Stein, it seems that we were all started with the microflare protocol. Personally understanding the variations of our circumstances, ages and fertility issues, I am not sure that starting all of us on the same protocol shows much consideration for individual situations. Of course, we don't know if he does this for all patients but it is interesting to note.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators. So, I never felt that I had direct care as there was always confusion as to which of the 2 should or could respond to me. Again, this took away from focused care. My best experience was with one of the nurses that drew my blood. Whenever, she was there, she knew my name and expressed compassion. Unfortunately, there were also nurses that drew my blood that were more interested in discussing their weekend plans with other staff than giving me their full attention. If you go to RMA, make sure they are clear who is your primary nurse and your primary coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. Given the importance of removing stress during fertility treatments, worrying about billing issues is counterproductive to the process. Get to know your billing coordinator and stay on top of them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments are only from 7 AM - 9 AM on weekdays. If your monitoring appointment falls on a weekend, you have to go the Eastside office with similar hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Standard costs. Other responses here are accurate. Mine were a bit convoluted given he was considered out-of-network for me.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Given my age, Dr. Stein, expressed that he was against multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I am not sure if this is unique to RMA but the billing process was cumbersome and confusing.
Daniel Stein

14 Eggs Frozen
I wish I had seen a different doctor at RMA or gone to a different clinic. While I did get 14 eggs, I don't feel Dr. Sandler really took the time to personalize my care. I believe that with more personalized attention I could have gotten more eggs. Every time I saw him he was extremely negative and patronizing. It was emotional draining....He was very long-winded and quite depressing in my visits. At the same time, after doing a lot of acupuncture, I ended up with 14 eggs. I wish he had been more kind and informative when we spoke.
RMA -- NY East Side is a factory. They are successful, no doubt. But be prepared to sit in an overcrowded waiting room and be there for hours if you don't arrive every early in the morning. The front desk staff is brutal, it's impossible to get through on the phone quickly and you'll have a headache with finance. If you can get there first thing in the morning, you are likely to have a better experience with lab tests. But I felt like I was a number almost every time I went.
Don't see him.
Dr. Sandler had both strengths and weaknesses. I have one ovary that is damaged from an endometrial cyst. Dr. Sandler felt it was unlikely I would get that many eggs from egg freezing as a result. He was very long-winded and quite depressing in my visits. At the same time, after doing a lot of acupuncture, I ended up with 14 eggs. I wish he had been more kind and informative when we spoke.
I don't remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I don't feel like the nursing staff at RMA is much of a presence. They were difficult to reach, and curt in the office. I actually felt apologetic every time I was there because they seemed completely overloaded. It took multiple calls to get a return phone call.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments went ok if you managed to get there right when they opened. You would say a range of doctors, which was ok, and get blood drawn by different lab nurses. But if you get there mid-morning, you would have to wait for hours and people were very grouchy.
Egg freezing with the medication was about $8,000.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I don't know
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had to play more an administrative role with this clinic than I believe is appropriate. I had to call multiple times to get an appointment, get lab results or get information on the protocol and plan. Even paying a bill requires at least an hour on a good day. They give zero guidance as to how to navigate their system, and I honestly felt like if I had gone somewhere else it would have been far less stressful. Perhaps I should have consulted with one of the better rated doctors there and I would have had a better experience.
25 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon has deep expertise on egg freezing, and I felt as though I trusted her every step of the way. Even though RMA does have many doctors, Dr. Sekhon reviewed my charts everyday and was always available (and quit to reply) via email. I also deeply appreciated her artistry when it came to how much medicine to give, how to maximize the egg development without causing risk, etc. I would strongly recommend Dr. Sekhon to all family and friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is extremely personable, and deeply invested in each patient. Even though RMA is a busy practice, if you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to her or her nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is extremely personable, and really takes the time to get to know each of her patients. She was extremely encouraging throughout the process, and she was deeply invested in both my experience during the process as well as my results.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We began with Menopur and Follistim injections, and then added in Ganirelix. My trigger shot was a mix of hCG and Lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle )
At one point, I had an issue where I ran out of doses of ganirelix and didn't realize it until the evening. The nurses (and after hours doctor) were very helpful in keeping me calm and instructing me on best ways to course correct.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is the single most efficient doctors office experience I've ever had. They also have a large team, all of whom were incredibly knowledgable. Some may find the practice too large, but I personally found this to be a perk -- I was able to move monitoring appointments to the office most convenient for me, and I always got a quick reply to my questions. On top of that, RMA is affiliated with Mt. Sinai and has had a stellar reputation in reproductive health since the early 2000s. I found them to be much more trustworthy than other options that were newer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I found this to be super easy -- I made an appointment for the time and office most convenient for me (I went to all 4 of their locations over the course of my treatment, as I was in different parts of the city on different days and in Westchester too). I never had to wait more than 5 min to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
$13,000 including meds