Natan Bar-Chama

200 West 57th St
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough in her explanation of the process and what to expect. She is patient and always willing to explain or repeat anything that may be confusing. Additionally, she is highly responsive via email...[she] showed a strong preference to single embryo transfer and advised why she could not do a multiple embryo transfer...[she] adjusted my medication / treatment strategy based on my bloodwork and reactions
[RMA of New York's] strength is the resourcing and system it has set up. there is a good amount of automation and attention to detail where it really matters (blood work names, samples etc). Weaknesses of the clinic is sometime you the patient were required to call and follow up in case there was a miss on update or scheduling miss. The finance department got a little confusing to align with to best understand how my insurance aligned with the procedures.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough in her explanation of the process and what to expect. She is patient and always willing to explain or repeat anything that may be confusing. Additionally, she is highly responsive via email, thus always there for her patients
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Sekhon is always open to discussing and providing her professional opinion
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is phenomenal! she truly cares about her patients, she never rushes and always takes the time to answer even the simplest or repeat of questions! She takes the time to get to know her patients
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Sekhon adjusted my medication / treatment strategy based on my bloodwork and reactions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Freundlich )
Fertility Care Coordinator is very thorough she would call and follow up with exact details of what the next steps were. She was also very responsive via email to any questions i had
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinics strength is the resourcing and system it has set up. there is a good amount of automation and attention to detail where it really matters (blood work names, samples etc). Weaknesses of the clinic is sometime you the patient were required to call and follow up in case there was a miss on update or scheduling miss. The finance department got a little confusing to align with to best understand how my insurance aligned with the procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were early in the morning - but you were able to set a preference - something the clinic really respected! the waiting room was full but the wait time was very short - patients were in and out at an acceptable amount of time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
costs were upfront outlined and coordinated with my employers insurance coverage
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon showed a strong preference to single embryo transfer and advised why she could not do a multiple embryo transfer

2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an incredibly knowledgeable, caring, non-judgmental, intelligent and trustworthy doctor. She tailors treatment to the individual and does not believe in a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. I felt seen and heard by Dr. Sekhon, and she also made sure to make every effort to see me herself at each appointment...In advance of the transfer, she did a saline sonogram as a mock transfer...
[RMA of New York] Very organized. As an anxious patient, I appreciated that it was a well oiled machine and everyone was seen in the order in which they arrived during monitoring appointments. I also always knew what to expect from appointments. In addition to the IVF coordinator, the Financial Coordinator were extremely helpful to seek insurance clearance and explain all financial obligations. I also appreciated that RMA has multiple offices so you can be seen where it is easiest for you...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I will never see another fertility doctor. Dr. Sekhon is an incredibly knowledgeable, caring, non-judgmental, intelligent and trustworthy doctor. She tailors treatment to the individual and does not believe in a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. I felt seen and heard by Dr. Sekhon, and she also made sure to make every effort to see me herself at each appointment.
Don't wait for ~1 year before seeing her and discuss your family planning
I transferred to Dr. Sekhon's care after having a negative experience with another doctor and his team in the practice, and after hearing strong reviews from friends who were patients of Dr. Sekhon for various reasons. Dr. Sekhon listens and cares. She is non-judgmental and truly wants the best for her patients. I absolutely felt like I was treated as a human and not just a number with her, which is one of the main reasons I switched to her care.
Before transferring to Dr. Sekhon's care, I did an egg retrieval cycle, 3 IUIs and 1 IVF transfer with 2 Day 3 embroys with Dr. Sandler. All IUI and IVF transfers under Dr. Sandler's care were unsuccessful. We were successful in our first transfer under Dr. Sekhon's care. In advance of the transfer, she did a saline sonogram as a mock transfer. I took estrogen and progesterone leading up and following the successful transfer. I should be weaning off the medication ~week 9.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie (nurse) and Rachel F (coordinator))
While we have only been under Dr. Sekhon's care for ~2 months, her team has proven to be effective and organized communicators with prompt response rates. They also took time to answer questions, no matter how repetitive, and showed compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have good insurance. I don't remember the exact total specific to Dr. Sekhon's care vs. total care, but I am extremely grateful for my insurance and that RMA takes my insurance.
Dr. Sekhon felt good/positive about our grade 4AB embryo and did not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time for my safety. We agreed, especially after a failed attempt at transferring 2 Day 3 embryos with Dr. Sandler.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Under Dr. Sandler's care, there were 2 critical errors made. 1.) after my IVF transfer with 2 Day 3 embryos, I was instructed to stop taking all my medication a day before my pregnancy test. It took me showing up and asking to speak to ANY nurse because no one on his team was in that day to find out about this error because my gut (I lacked some knowledge at this time) told me that was wrong. I emailed and called about it after, and never heard back from anyone regarding the matter. 2.) Half my eggs were unfrozen instead of all to make embryos without clear explanation. After we got the call that 8 of 9 of my eggs could be fertilized, we heard nothing all week. I kept calling in to ask for status updates of our embryos and it would sometimes take a full day to get a call back. Our embryos were fertilized on a Saturday and by the next Friday I finally heard that only 1 embryo made it to Day 5.

2022, 24 Eggs Frozen
I was lucky to have Dr. Sekhon as my doctor through an egg freezing cycle. She was transparent, and explained things to me in a way that was easy to understand, and used examples which helped me manage my expectations. She made me feel like she was accessible throughout the entire process...was accessible, and talked me through the process with as much detail as I needed, even illustrating the process for me to visually understand the process and procedure.
With regards to the [RMA of New York] clinic staff they were generally good, with a friendly bedside manner. Check in was very easy and I was never waiting too long for my appointment. I wish I had known that the anesthesiologist was going to be an extra out of pocket cost (due anesthesiologist not taking insurance) when I had my initial consultation though.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Just remember that depending on the timing of your cycle, Dr. Sekhon may not be the one to perform the procedure, and might not be present at all monitoring appointments.
I felt like Dr Sekhon was accessible, and talked me through the process with as much detail as I needed, even illustrating the process for me to visually understand the process and procedure.
I had a fairly straight-forward procedure being done for egg freezing, therefore the approach was relatively straightforward. I appreciate that the medication order was prescribed for a quantity which allowed me to order the medications only once through my specialty pharmacy, rather than multiple orders which would have required additional costs. We started with monitoring every two to three days, and eventually increased to daily monitoring, to ensure we knew the right time to administer the trigger shot. All in all a fairly straightforward process and procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli Maniar, then Jennifer Needle)
The fertility care coordinator changed during my course of treatment. It would have been good to get an email to transition the care coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
With regards to the clinic staff they were generally good, with a friendly bedside manner. Check in was very easy and I was never waiting too long for my appointment. I wish I had known that the anesthesiologist was going to be an extra out of pocket cost (due anesthesiologist not taking insurance) when I had my initial consultation though.
A lot of my treatment was covered by insurance, however there were the following co-pays/out of pocket costs: - Specialist visit co-pays, for each visit, including each day of monitoring - Medication co-pays, for each 5 different types of medications - Anethesiologist fee, as they did not take insurance. $950 was the rate when I had my procedure. -
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was a day where there were a couple of administrative mistakes at the clinic; where my scan was displaying a different patient name after my first ultrasound, and I had to provide a urine sample twice because the first sample had accidentally been discarded.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was extremely welcoming and respectful. As a same-sex female couple, she advised us on the ways in which other doctors may have overlooked potential issues in our care...She is very relatable, kind, funny, and compassionate. Although I did not get to see her at every visit, I trusted that she was making the best decisions for me in my care. There were times when I had hoped for more communication with her around certain issues rather than with her nurses, but I know her time can be limited...
Since RMA has several locations, I was able to go in for monitoring at the location that was convenient for me...one downside was that the anesthesiologist that does all the egg retrievals is an out-of-network provider so I had to pay out-of-pocket for anesthesia and it was almost $1,000...well-organized, great with handling insurance, great history of success rates, LGBTQ+ competence, several locations...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing provider. She is very relatable, kind, funny, and compassionate. Although I did not get to see her at every visit, I trusted that she was making the best decisions for me in my care. There were times when I had hoped for more communication with her around certain issues rather than with her nurses, but I know her time can be limited. Overall, I was so happy with the care I received from her.
She will be up-front with all the options for you and realistic about outcomes. She is extremely knowledgeable and you should trust that she has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Sekhon treated us with respect and care from Day 1. She was always very real, and didn’t sugar-coat anything, yet she always delivered information in a way that was clear and caring. She shared with us her own experience with fertility treatment which made her feel so relatable and no different from us.
I went through 4 medicated IUI cycles. The first cycle we used clomid and it was unsuccessful. The second cycle we used clomid again, and my body responded too well to the medication, so we chose to cancel the cycle rather than risk multiples. The last 3 cycles were done with letrozole and all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Sekhon was able to get my insurance to provide coverage for IVF despite not completing 6 IUI cycles. We moved on to IVF and had a successful egg retrieval, freeze-all cycle, and frozen embryo transfer.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely welcoming and respectful. As a same-sex female couple, she advised us on the ways in which other doctors may have overlooked potential issues in our care. Dr. Sekhon requested all diagnostic tests in the beginning, even though I had no known fertility issues, because she wanted to rule out any issues. It was great that she did that because she saved us time and money when an issue was discovered through diagnostic testing. Dr. Sekhon is also a big advocate of the LGBTQ community through her online presence where she brings to light issues that the LGBTQ community faces as it relates to fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kyra Fischer)
Kyra, and Dr. Sekhon’s nursing staff, are absolutely incredible. They are compassionate, responsive and thoughtful in their communication with patients.I always felt so taken care of by them.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Some of their strengths include: well-organized, great with handling insurance, great history of success rates, LGBTQ+ competence, several locations. A weakness is that since the clinic is so large, it can sometimes feel like you’re just a number, so you should advocate for yourself when trying to establish your relationship with your care team.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has several locations, I was able to go in for monitoring at the location that was convenient for me. There were times when I needed to change the time of my monitoring appointment, and the team was accommodating. For all monitoring appointments, things went smoothly. Some days I waited for a longer period of time than other days, but the wait was never too extreme.
Thankfully, most was covered under insurance. I paid for co-pays for office visits, bloodwork, and ultrasounds. The one downside was that the anesthesiologist that does all the egg retrievals is an out-of-network provider so I had to pay out-of-pocket for anesthesia and it was almost $1,000.
Dr. Sekhon did not even discuss a multiple embryo transfer with us because of my age and the likelihood that a single transfer would be successful. I know she typically only does single transfers and discourages multiple.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
They offer LGBTQ specific fertility events and have a whole section on their website related to working with the LGBTQ community. They also participate at local NYC-based Pride celebrations in June.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
We used a rather large donor sperm bank so the coordination between RMA and the bank was pretty seamless since they both knew what they were doing.
2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is so compassionate about what she does while also explaining everything that’s going to happen step by step...She remembered details about my medical history from previous emails...excellent bed side manor and has explained everything to both my husband and I with patience. She always answered all of our questions thoroughly and made me feel comfortable and secure when starting this process which was very intimidating to me...
Julia Difranza [nurse at RMA of New York] answered all my questions and always answered my emails right away...Everyone was so professional and when I called they got my message through right away. Everyone was also very thorough and organized and helped whenever needed. There aren’t many medical offices where you feel like a priority and not an inconvenience...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon has excellent bed side manor and has explained everything to both my husband and I with patience. She always answered all of our questions thoroughly and made me feel comfortable and secure when starting this process which was very intimidating to me.
I don’t have any advice but to please never change!
As an ultrasound tech I have worked with so many doctors that make it very difficult to trust someone truly in this for patient care. I have driven an hour and half from a different state because I was referred to Dr. Sekhon by another doctor. She is so compassionate about what she does while also explaining everything that’s going to happen step by step. This is a hard journey to go through also while I am grieving the loss of my mother and she remembered that on my first appointment. She remembered details about my medical history from previous emails and I was so lucky to have her as my Dr.
From my first transfer to second transfer we changed to progesterone in oil instead of suppository and I started taking a thyroid supplement which worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie and Julia )
Julia Difranza answered all my questions and always answered my emails right away. I’m just as grateful for the nurses as I am for the Dr.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My treatment was covered besides my copays which comes to about $1000, my PGT testing also out of pocket
No comment
2018 - 2022, Successful
I did not get much face-time with her [Dr. Lucky Sekhon] but I knew she was looking out for me at watching over me. We would email and touch base over the phone when necessary. We always touched base to discuss next steps/game plan and she was always VERY VERY honest with me, which I appreciate more than anything else...she won’t hold back with her professional assessment. Sometimes it is not what you want to hear but it is why I respected and trusted her.
I generally attended RMA Brooklyn. That said, RMA is highly organized and do an amazing job of caring for each and every patient given the size of the practice. In terms of weaknesses, at times you could feel like a cog in the wheel but I preferred location and efficiency (and results, of course) over needing a boutique experience.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is honest and will give it to you straight. In my opinion, that is invaluable when entering infertility treatments and all of the unknown. We always adjust course if it felt like things weren’t working and she listened to me if I had concerns/frustrations. Even though I didn’t see her as much as I would have like due to going to the BK office most frequently, I trusted her implicitly, which is why I worked with her for both of my pregnancies.
When you are struggling with infertility you want someone who will be both positive and honest. Dr. Sekhon is both but she won’t hold back with her professional assessment. Sometimes it is not what you want to hear but it is why I respected and trusted her.
When you go to RMA it can feel a bit like a factory (they are busy but very efficient). That said, they get to know you and care for you. Dr. Sekhon was at the Downtown office and I almost always went to the Brooklyn office so I did not get much face-time with her but I knew she was looking out for me at watching over me. We would email and touch base over the phone when necessary. We always touched base to discuss next steps/game plan and she was always VERY VERY honest with me, which I appreciate more than anything else.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There is more inherent risk with carrying multiples, which is why they transfer single embryos.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon truly listened to my situation and concerns, and advised but never pushed my husband and I to make a quick decision. She gave helpful guidance and wanted us to make the best decision for us. She is patient, intelligent, and compassionate. I think so highly of her. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process...She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way...
This clinic [RMA of New York] is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before...[nurse was] always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon will guide you to where you want to be - trust her and take everything a day at time. You are in the best hands.
Dr. Sekhon was so personable, thorough, helpful and calm. I trust her completely and she made the process as seamless as possible. I’m truly grateful that she was my doctor. She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way. She’s an absolute star.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Jennifer Needle was fantastic - always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before. I actually enjoyed going to the appointments.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions...She described each procedure clearly. When I was ready for my transfer we had a hiccup and I had to have surgery, she helped me find a surgeon and get things taken care of quickly...
Sometimes RMA monitoring hours feel like a factory, if possible to extend hours later into morning would be ideal. The staff were all fantastic and welcoming every time I went to visit. Brooklyn location is the best with the new facilities...I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day...They [nurses at RMA NY] were all excellent...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions. Today I am12 weeks 5 days with a donor egg baby
facts are great, sharing success stories will help
Dr Sekhon was great. she was thoughtful and cared about me and my journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Wells)
They were all excellent
IVF is expensive
N/A single embryo transfer is the way to go with less risk and higher success
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day. In worked out
2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was always honest and knew exactly what was going on during my appointments...She followed up promptly and provided honest and realistic expectations. I felt like she was focused on my treatment even though she had many other patients. She had great bedside manner and kept things light when appropriate and was honest when needed...very personable and compassionate throughout both times I did IVF with her...
Strengths- They are on top of everything. All nurses and doctors were nice and well educated. Great follow up of phone calls and emails. Weaknesses- Many people in waiting room during monitoring hours. Not always sure how long blood and sonogram would take in the mornings...Dr. Sekhon was always honest and knew exactly what was going on during my appointments. Her or a nurse always promptly replied to my concerns...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was very personable and compassionate throughout both times I did IVF with her. She followed up promptly and provided honest and realistic expectations. I felt like she was focused on my treatment even though she had many other patients. She had great bedside manner and kept things light when appropriate and was honest when needed.
Trust her
I began by trying clomid and letrozol and timed intercourse. Followed by 3 cycles of IUI. Followed by IVF cycle which provided and positive pregnancy. For the second time, started right with a transfer cycle using a frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Copay for monitoring Thawing of embryo

2022, Successful
We [Dr. Stein] started with clomiphane pills. Then introduced menopur and gonal. During the monitoring Gonal dosage was increased. Previous doctors told me that I could not create more than 7 eggs, but Dr Stein managed to develop and retrieve 15 eggs...He understood from our first conversation that I was traumatized from all my previous failed attempts (including an unsuccessful pregnancy that had to stop at the fifth month)...
There were ao many different personalities [of nurses at RMA of New York]. But they were all professional and attentive...High end equipment. Great location. Could use renovation for aesthetic reasons only. Covid measures are respected. Zero waiting times...I had my iron tested sue to iron deficiency. The results werw available but they didn’t convey them. I asked a week later...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I wish that all couples could have acces to Dr Stein. For me he is a miracle man. 5 doctors before him were unable to offer me what he did with his first attempt . He is the best at his job. I wish that he could release me later in the pregnancy because I felt safe with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Don’t google anything. Trust your doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He understood from our first conversation that I was traumatized from all my previous failed attempts (including an unsuccessful pregnancy that had to stop at the fifth month). When I asked him what he could do better he saw me, he understood my pain and explained to me the capabilities of RMA.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with clomiphane pills. Then introduced menopur and gonal. During the monitoring Gonal dosage was increased. Previous doctors told me that I could not create more than 7 eggs, but Dr Stein managed to develop and retrieve 15 eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were ao many different personalities. But they were all professional and attentive
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
High end equipment. Great location. Could use renovation for aesthetic reasons only. Covid measures are respected. Zero waiting times. Everything works like clock. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcxcccccxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
6.000-8.000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had my iron tested sue to iron deficiency. The results werw available but they didn’t convey them. I asked a week later. There was a female doctor (I don’t remember her name) who I used to call “the pessimist”. Dr Stein and all other nurses told me to respect the limit of 140bpm throughout my pregnancy but she told me not to mind it and reaume previous activities.

2021 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Stein] was very professional and personable throughout the entire process and had great bedside manner...I have PCOS/ do not ovulate and my husband and I found out that we were both carriers for the same autosomal recessive disorders, so after discussing our case with Dr. Stein we proceeded with IVF. The whole process was very organized and well laid out...Our egg retrieval and transfer went very smoothly... After the retrieval and biopsy/ genetic testing, we ended up having 4 healthy embryos...
The whole process [at RMA of New York] was very organized and well laid out. I received a booklet with the anticipated timeline/ expenses, met with a financial assistant and my IVF coordinator...Everything was explained very clearly...Routine monitoring hours...were 7:00-9:00am daily which allowed me to go before work and still make it in on time. RNs call with results and instructions that afternoon for next steps/ medication adjustments. Educational videos were provided with explanations on medication administration and the nurses made sure all of the correct medications and supplies were ready at my pharmacy...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Stein and the entire team at RMA Westside! I could not recommend this practice highly enough! I came to Dr. Stein for a second opinion after having a not so great experience with a different fertility program. I have PCOS/ do not ovulate and my husband and I found out that we were both carriers for the same autosomal recessive disorders, so after discussing our case with Dr. Stein we proceeded with IVF. The whole process was very organized and well laid out. I received a booklet with the anticipated timeline/ expenses, met with a financial assistant and my IVF coordinator (your coordinator is your go to person throughout the entire process for any questions/ scheduling issues you may have). Everything was explained very clearly ans after a very unclear/ overwhelming experience at a previous practice - I was so thankful for this organization!! Routine monitoring hours (vaginal ultrasounds, bloodwork) were 7:00-9:00am daily which allowed me to go before work and still make it in on time. RNs call with results and instructions that afternoon for next steps/ medication adjustments. Educational videos were provided with explanations on medication administration and the nurses made sure all of the correct medications and supplies were ready at my pharmacy. Our egg retrieval and transfer went very smoothly. We were lucky enough to get pregnant after one round of IVF. After the retrieval and biopsy/ genetic testing, we ended up having 4 healthy embryos! We had our first transfer mid October with Dr. Stein and ten days later we found out that it worked! We are due early July :) Once we are ready for baby number 2 we will most definitely be returning to RMA and scheduling our next transfer with Dr. Stein! He was very professional and personable throughout the entire process and had great bedside manner. We are so thankful to him and all the incredible nurses/ other team members!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Stein always greeted us warmly and answered all of our questions. Since I was new to infertility, I initially wished he provided more hand-holding. But we soon realized he was dedicating his energy to what mattered - analyzing our case and recommending treatment to get the achieved result...He provided clear and candid guidance and made time to answer all of our questions. His demeanor was steady and calm throughout, making it easy to trust what he was saying and not get thrown off by an unexpected turn of events in treatment....
I liked that the RMA West Side office is relatively small, so it didn't feel quite so much like an assembly line as other clinics nearby. Some nurses were warmer than others, but they all provided information in a straight-forward and consistent manner and worked to get all questions answered...He [Dr. Stein] provided clear and candid guidance and made time to answer all of our questions. His demeanor was steady and calm throughout, making it easy to trust what he was saying and not get thrown off by an unexpected turn of events in treatment.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Ask the questions you have, whether via email or at an appointment, and schedule extra consultations with Dr. Stein if you need more time to get questions answered, especially as you are in the planning stages of your treatment.
2022, 25 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Lucky Sekhon] was great! She was very communicative through the nurses and always available via email for any questions I had. She was direct but also compassionate and always made me feel comfortable...Definitely work with her but understand you won't be with her at most appointments and she may not perform the actual procedure...wish I could have been with Dr. Sekhon on most visits but I understand she goes to multiple offices and is also performing procedures
I had a great experience with RMA of New York at the midtown east location. I really thought the administrative staff, nurses and doctors (especially Dr. Sekhon) were all attentive, thorough and allowed me to ask questions. The wait time was also never long. I only wish I could have been with Dr. Sekhon on most visits but I understand she goes to multiple offices and is also performing procedures... I wish I could have worked with certain nurses more regularly who were better at drawing blood so I would have little or no bruising vs. some nurses that didn't seem as great with drawing blood
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was great! She was very communicative through the nurses and always available via email for any questions I had. She was direct but also compassionate and always made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Freundlich)
Attentive and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Timely, thorough and helpful. I wish I could have worked with certain nurses more regularly who were better at drawing blood so I would have little or no bruising vs. some nurses that didn't seem as great with drawing blood.
Approximately $17,000
2022, 11 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekon had a kind, calm and reassuring presence every time I met with her. She explained in a lots of detail which helped me feel comfortable with the procedure. After the procedure she helped me think through whether I needed to go through an additional cycle of retrieval...In our followup visit she took the time to explain all of my remaining questions...
[RMA of New York] Locations were very convenient and staff was helpful and responsive. Did have some trouble once billing was complete getting medications ordered, but that was quickly resolved. Locations were opened on holidays and always took me on time...Well organized and mellow office. I was given a time to come in during monitoring hours and was usually in and out within 15 minutes...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekon took the time to explain the egg retrieval and freezing process in lots of detail, which made me feel very comfortable with the procedure. During the process everyone in her office was kind and helpful. In our followup visit she took the time to explain all of my remaining questions
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Costs were all outlined (medications, freezing, procedure). This was all covered by my insurance

2022, Successful
The clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice...Dr. Lucky [Sekhon] was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions...was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email...If you can, try to see Dr. Lucky for all your monitoring appointments - she's really great!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email.
Dr. Lucky was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice.
2019 - 2022, Successful
My experience with Dr. Sekhon has been wonderful. She is very informative and has a great bedside manner that makes you feel comfortable and cared for. She and her team have been consistent with follow up and have helped accommodate instances when I was out of town and needed to seek monitoring needs outside of their office...She was warm, personable and offered the right guidance for me...
RMA New York was efficient, professional and accommodating. One thing they could improve upon is clarity of process. It was explained to me in detail by my coordinator at the initial consultation but once I was in cycles it would have been helpful to have it explained again with my particular circumstance/ plan in mind...She [Dr. Sekhon] was warm, personable and offered the right guidance for me...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She was warm, personable and offered the right guidance for me.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Jackson-Bey is both a wonderful doctor and person. She never made me and my husband feel rushed and took the time to answer questions and speak to us, even after hours. Her bedside manner is exactly what I want in a doctor, she keeps it real yet hopeful, is confident and kind...I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay...I like and recommend RMA. I appreciate the flexibility in monitoring hours and locations and I liked that I got a chance to meet most of the doctors there since you never know who you'll get on procedure days. Most doctors have great bedside manner and a few seem too busy for questions but I don't blame them, monitoring mornings get busy.
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
I have nothing but good things to say. In fact my husband and I wish she could be our GP. She is really good at explaining what's happening, makes time for questions and is responsive. I never felt rushed, pressured, or like I wasn't receiving the best advice. I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case. Truly a gifted physician and gem of a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Bring a notebook and be prepared to take lots of notes. There's no such thing as a bad question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval 1: antagonist protocol. I was a slow responder and stimmed for 14 days. I have slightly low amh and only had 5 eggs retrieved. one made it to blast and came back low mosaic. We changed my protocol for the second retrieval and did the microflare protocol with estrogen priming. I ended up with 6 eggs and 4 blasts. Three came back PGT normal. in between retrievals I had to have a laproscopic hysteroscopy to remove uterine adhesions and fix additional scarring/issues at the fundus. I had my FET two months after my second retrieval and three months after surgery. It was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy Arnerich-Hatch)
So sweet and so responsive. Lucy is great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay. Most of our IVF was paid for out of pocket.
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Will only transfer one embryo at a time. She outlined her reasons and we were on board.

2019 - 2021, Successful
he [Dr. Lederman] told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner.
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion...Sometimes the White Plains office can get very busy. Fridays especially. Request early appointment times if you can, as those seemed to have the shortest wait. Other than that, the staff kept everything moving efficiently.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first met with Dr. Lederman, I explained my symptoms and shortly thereafter we went into another room to look at my ovaries on ultrasound. Immediately, he told us that my egg count was low but not to worry, we had options that could work for us. He told us it might take a few egg retrievals based on my diagnosis, but that he was confident that he could help us have a baby of our own. Throughout the process, Dr. Lederman was to the point with good and bad news, but delivered news in such a caring manner. I really felt like he was always on my team, and routing for our success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is trying to find the right protocol for your body. Everyone is different and one protocol will not produce the same results for two different people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman always remembered my case when he saw me during treatments. He was always so kind and personable, and so empathetic when we didn’t get results we were looking for.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols, but the one that worked for me was estrogen priming (patches). This produced the most amount of follicles for me, and resulted in two PGS normal embryos. Previously we had used birth control before cycle starts but that seemed to suppress me too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shakira - nurse for bloods. Andrea - coordinator )
I loved the nurses at RMA White Plains. I can get light headed with giving blood and Shakira always talked me through it and let me lie back and relax while she took blood. She always told me she was routing for me and I could really see her compassion. She and Audrey are the sweetest.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered most treatments for us other than anesthesia and embryo testing.

2020 - 2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions...She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward...she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results...
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic [at RMA of New York]. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson-Bey was very compassionate and responsive. I had tons of random questions in between appointments and she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results (i.e. negative pregnancy test from an IUI). She really cares about her patients and about her work. She is active in advocacy around infertility issues and getting more people access to infertility care.
Be as specific as possible in asking questions. Make sure to be clear on your communication style - i.e. if you're someone who likes blunt direct communication, be upfront about that.
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions. She has a great personality and really cares about her patients.
Dr. Jackson-Bey initially recommended IVF from the outset because of my history of anovulation and DOR. I was very resistant to IVF and so we agreed to try medicated IUIs first. She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward. I ended up doing 6 IUIs because I responded well to them and there was no obvious reason that an IUI wouldn't have worked for me. Eventually I felt very ready to try IVF and so we made the switch. My first protocol was one designed for women with DOR or poor responders. I didn't get many eggs but the results of blasts was very strong. We decided to do another cycle to bank embryos because of our desire to have two kids. The second cycle we used a different protocol that I did not respond as well to and we also had a male-factor issue so we ended up freezing eggs only. After that we took a break as we were pretty shaken up from that experience and decided to switch doctors within the practice purely for a psychological "reset." We are soon preparing to transfer the euploid embryos that we got from that first IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy)
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We chose the clinic because of it's strong reputation, location, and because they take our insurance - GHI. The doctors and nurses have been amazing and the location in downtown Brooklyn is ideal. We've also had great experiences with all of our procedures - IUIs, egg retrievals - at the Madison Ave location. We did one IUI in Soho that was also great. On the other hand, for routine matters, the coordinating staff and finance staff are lacking. It might be also a factor of our insurance being shitty but we've had a terrible time coordinating pre-authorizations. My husband and I end up spending hours on the phone with the pharmacy, insurance for the first few days of each cycle. It was extremely stressful for both of us and probably impacted the results of our cycles.
The major procedures were covered 100% by insurance (unlimited IUIs and up to 3 IVF cycles) but we decided to pay for ICSI ($2,000) and PGT testing ($2,500).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We had some issues with nurses giving us the wrong protocol over the phone. I had received the protocol via email from the nurse so I double-checked it and had to call back to confirm. This happened twice. We also had a lot of issues getting the medication delivered on time. We ended up doing a lot of three-way calling among the clinic, pharmacy and insurance. It became a second full-time job at certain points.

2021, Successful
Dr Mukherjee is extremely competent, transmits a lot of confidence and he is also very straight-forward, which I appreciated. He is definitely busy but will take the time to listen and answer your questions when you need him...advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense...he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested...
RMA is a well-oiled machine - very efficient, always on time, quick to respond It can feel impersonal because they do see many many women everyday and monitoring room is crowded but I believe the more women they see, the more data they have, the more studies they can perform, etc.... So it can be seen as impersonal but I believe is a very good clinic with the best standard of care...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Trust him, he will give you advice with your best interest in mind. That said, advocate for yourself as he is open minded and ready shift treatment if it makes sense. One example: I did 2 IUIs that failed and normally 3 are recommended before you go to IVF. I asked him to skip the 3rd one and move on to IVF and he was very open to accept it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee and RMA are obviously very busy....RMA is a well-oiled machine so in everyday appointments there is not much time to chat...but if you have questions and need them at any point then the Dr. will make time for you, answer all questions and listen to you.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
2 IUIs + Clomid and then IVF (with genetic testing, freeze all)
I talked to 2 nurses - Clara and Marisa....they were responsive and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered most of it but all-in I had ~6k of co-pays for 1 IVF cycle and 2k for genetic testing
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
he will have a strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo that is genetically tested - I believe this is 100% the right approach
Tanmoy Mukherjee

2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time..
Monitoring appts [at RMA of NY] were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen...$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle...Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was wonderfully thorough and detailed, walking me through all of my options and rationale behind her suggestions. She would call me with updates on bloodwork/testing even after my work hours when I was available. She is thoughtful, friendly, and light hearted while clearly knowing her stuff at the same time. Couldn’t recommend her more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Ask all of the questions you have and voice any things you’re hesitant about, she’ll provide all of the information you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber was very thorough and individualized our meetings based on my challenges and concerns.
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Was diagnosed with PCOS in the early stages of egg freezing as I did not have a menstrual cycle. Began oral medications to produce a cycle, which was not initially planned. Then did injectable medications once the cycle began for nearly three weeks (“low and slow”) due to PCOS. had daily bloodwork and ultrasounds for nearly the last week again due to PCOS and high risk for hyper stimulation syndrome. Ended up with a very large number of viable eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The care coordinator did not play a major role as I did not hear from her much through the cycle, only at the onset for paperwork. Was not assigned a primary nurse. The nurse I met with for patient education regarding administering injections was inpatient and not thorough. Seemed easily annoyed by my questions and because I hadn’t been “pre scheduled” to meet with her. The ultrasound technicians were always very kind. When I had doctors who were not Dr. Gerber (as she was not present for every monitoring appointment), they were also nice though not as informative as my primary doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - primary doctor was amazing. Ultrasound techs are also great. Multiple locations and you can go between different sites. Finance department was helpful in trying to secure benefits / explaining what costs would be. Provider gave me donor medications because my insurance would not cover costs. Weaknesses - did not see primary doctor for many monitoring appointments and had a different doctor for the actual retrieval. Limited assistance from nurse and patient coordinator. Only select locations open for weekend monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts were in the morning which worked well with my schedule. Sometimes there was no wait while others I waited 45 min to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
$9500 for egg freezing cycle. I paid approximately $3000 for medications related to my cycle. None were covered by my insurance.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of cycle, the coordinator forgot to send in certain requests for testing and I had to come back for follow up appointments.
Rachel Gerber

2021, Unknown Success
[Dr. Lekovich] was cordial (if not exactly warm), and seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of fertility. She ordered the full workup of hormone testing and also performed one ultrasound...[she] didn't explain or provide much context for the genetic testing that she recommended - I would later learn that this was "expanded carrier testing" and considered elective/experimental by most health insurers, and thus not covered by insurance
my overall experience with RMA - Brooklyn was mixed. I had a solid experience with Dr. Lekovich, but I had some issues with the finance office and very limited contact with nursing staff, other than the doctor's assistant (nurse/PA)...Cons are a seeming lack of transparency and miscommunication in the clinic's billing practices. My experience in terms of scheduling and communication of test results was fine, if routine.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I saw Dr. Jovana Lekovich in April 2021, and explained to her that I wanted to get a full workup so that I could get a better idea of the state of my fertility, given that I was almost 35. She was cordial (if not that warm) and seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of fertility. She ordered the full workup of hormone testing and also performed one ultrasound (during the 1st visit). She told me that my egg reserve appeared normal and suggested another ultrasound in a 2- 3 weeks because there was something blocking her view of one of the fallopian tubes. During the 1st visit, she also discussed my family history and explain that lab tests done in a doctor's office are generally more reliable than at- home lab tests, which I had a few of prior to making this visit. One area where my experience fell short was the recommendation by the doctor to have genetic testing performed. She said that I should have genetic testing done (and when I asked her wasn't that only for pregnant women, she said that it was a good idea for everyone). Dr. Lekovich didn't explain or provide much context for the genetic testing that she recommended - I would later learn that this was "expanded carrier testing" and considered elective/experimental by most health insurers, and thus not covered by insurance. The only other thing that was off was the doctor's comment that maybe I wasn't trying hard enough to conceive. I felt that this was a bit presumptive but maybe that was just me. I feel that my overall experience with Dr. Lekovich was positive, if brief. She obviously has expertise with fertility topics and the various types of infertility and related medical conditions. While her bedside manner is a bit lacking, she is very intelligent and knowledgeable in the field of reproductive endocrinology, and that is what matters to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I would say to ask as many questions as you can about recommended tests or procedures, before agreeing to have them done. I would also say to not expect Dr. Lekovich to hold your hand at any point during the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I found RMA through searching my then - health insurer's website, and called them to make an appointment for a consultation. That part was straightforward enough. I saw Dr. Jovana Lekovich on a chilly weekday afternoon in April 2021, and explained to her that I wanted to get a full workup so that I could get a better idea of the state of my fertility, given that I was soon to be 35. She was cordial (if not exactly warm), and seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of fertility. She ordered the full workup of hormone testing and also performed one ultrasound (during the 1st visit). I saw her for one add'l visit after the initial consult - for another ultrasound. I gave this rating because 1) I felt like I wasn't treated particularly well by staff other than Dr. Lekovich and her assistant (a nurse/PA), and 2) Dr. Lekovich didn't explain or provide much context for the genetic testing that she recommended - I would later learn that this was "expanded carrier testing" and considered elective/experimental by most health insurers, and thus not covered by insurance. I received phone calls from different individuals at RMA with my lab test results after the 1st visit and to schedule my next visit after the 2nd visit, and I just got the feeling that I was just another call on their list that day.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Not applicable in my case -- I only had a consultation and lab testing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I visited RMA twice in 2021 - in April for the initial consultation and then in May for an ultrasound. I had limited contact with nursing staff, however, I did have a positive experience with her assistant, a young nurse/PA, who drew my blood on the first visit. Other than my experience with the doctor's assistant, I received phone calls from different individuals at RMA with my lab test results after the 1st visit and to schedule my next visit after the 2nd visit. These interactions felt routine and I just got the feeling that I was just another call on their list that day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I'd say that my overall experience with RMA - Brooklyn was mixed. I had a solid experience with Dr. Lekovich, but I had some issues with the finance office and very limited contact with nursing staff, other than the doctor's assistant (nurse/PA). Pros are obviously the endocrinologists and their expertise, and the nurses who care. Cons are a seeming lack of transparency and miscommunication in the clinic's billing practices. My experience in terms of scheduling and communication of test results was fine, if routine. The 2 individuals from RMA (nurses, I believe) who called me to communicate my results and to schedule the next visit sounded very indifferent and possibly even impatient. However, it was RMA's handling of billing that really sunk this experience. As mentioned earlier, RMA was an in-network provider for me. I received separate bills through my insurance - for each clinic visit, the lab tests, and for the genetic testing (Sema4). Everything was fine, except for the genetic testing, which my insurer had deemed "experimental" and so covered exactly 0%. Insurance subsequently billed me over $11K for this sole claim, which seemed outrageious. I communicated this to my finance coordinator and she said that it should be covered by insurance and requested a Letter of medical necessity to this end. I followed up with Aetna (insurance) and it would be > 2 weeks before they received this letter. Eventually, I got in contact with the genetic testing provider directly, via phone and email over the course of 3 months, and they explained that it isn't usually covered by insurance but that pursuant to an agreement they have with RMA, I should have received the contracted rate of $250, and not billed the full rate. I was finally able to resolve this issue in June/July 2021 by paying the provider directly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Overall, testing and clinic visits came to < $750. Genetic testing = 250.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Not applicable
Jovana Lekovich

2018 - 2021, Successful
While acknowledging his [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] extensive expertise, I found his attitude very cold and uninterested limiting his answers to a standardized negative approach, always referring to the unlikelihood of success due to my age (40 yrs old)...often feel like I was asking really stupid questions. I never felt comfortable, but I trusted his expertise and it worked.
it [RMA of New York - Eastside] seemed a bit of a production factory as in the morning during the monitoring timeframe it was often overly crowded and a bit stressful. With the new covid measures, it was incredibly well organized, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes at the monitoring visits, and I found the new system of having a set time for each patient to have the monitoring visits really efficient. If this system will continue to be in place after all covid measures will be lifted, I think it will be in the best interest of everyone.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
As a patient, I was hoping to have some empathy shown during the visits, on the contrary, even when I was making optimistic remarks such as "this is the third egg retrieval and the number of eggs triplicated from the first one", his feedback would be "not many of those eggs will be good ones". So yes, stating the truth, but unnecessary in a situation where I was clearly making a positive remark to cheer myself up from the previous negative outcomes. Also the attitude in responding to my questions made me often feel like I was asking really stupid questions. I never felt comfortable, but I trusted his expertise and it worked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I acknowledge his expertise and the last of the 3 egg retrievals was performed by him, which was excellent and unlike previous experiences I did not have any negative side effect nor bleeding (despite the triplicated number of eggs retrieved). The last embryo transfer was also done by him and it was really smooth and it worked well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
While acknowledging his extensive expertise, I found his attitude very cold and uninterested limiting his answers to a standardized negative approach, always referring to the unlikelihood of success due to my age (40 yrs old).
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
As my age was increasing, the protocols changed. Initially I took a lot of Menopur and Gonal-f injections, then the most recent protocol was the following: (first 5 days) 2 powder vials of Menopur (evening) 200 mg of Clomiphene Citrate (evening) 200 IU of Gonal/F (morning) (next 3 days) 250 mcg of Cetrotide injection (evening) 3 powder vials of Menopur (evening) 200 IU of Gonal/F (morning) Finally, trigger shot: hcG 1K injection + Lupron 40U This protocol resulted in more than 20 eggs retrieved, all of which were fertilized, but eventually only one resulted in a "normal" transferable embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Garbin)
Everyone is a star, I will never stop thanking them for the amazing work done and the compassion shown during these years of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I started the treatments pre-covid, and I was fine with the clinic, although it seemed a bit of a production factory as in the morning during the monitoring timeframe it was often overly crowded and a bit stressful. With the new covid measures, it was incredibly well organized, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes at the monitoring visits, and I found the new system of having a set time for each patient to have the monitoring visits really efficient. If this system will continue to be in place after all covid measures will be lifted, I think it will be in the best interest of everyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Between 13k and 15k the out of pocket cycle.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sandler always recommended eSET, especially since we decided to do the PGS testing of all our embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had some issues with the financial coordinator (a newly recruited one) that I dealt with in my last cycle. The cycle was fully out of pocket and she gave me wrong information about the costs that I would face for each pregnancy monitoring visit, indicating it would be 250$ per visit, while the bill I received at the end reported 350$ per visit. Initially, the financial coordinator tried to insist that I had misunderstood the costs that she mentioned, but thankfully, I had some email exchanges that could provide evidence about the misinformation I received, so I managed to have this problem solved by her supervisor. Nevertheless, considering the major costs involved in this type of service, I really hope RMA has taken appropriate measures to prevent similar mistakes to be done by the financial team.
Benjamin Sandler

2021, Unsuccessful
Alan Copperman is excellent at what he does but he is not the warmest person. I didn’t feel like he knew or cared who I was when I saw him. He seemed busy and didn’t take the time to explain much... I had few interactions with doctor...During these visits, he was overall detached and cold. Simply performing the sonogram and speaking only the necessary.
RMA of NY is a well run clinic. It is very efficient. However a lot of patients go through this clinic and I felt like a number. I would be in and out of there fast but I was just one of many women patients there...The team was efficient, responsive and well organized. They would schedule my blood work and other exams and everything ran smooth. Not too long a wait in the waiting room. I could speak on the phone with a nurse quickly if I had any questions about a medication or how to use it.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
This doctor came highly recommended and he sure has a lot of experience treating infertility. He was honest in telling me that I didn’t have a lot of follicules and that there was a chance that I couldn’t get any viable embryos. He debated whether to continue the cycle or cancel and try another time but decided to keep going. In the end only one embryo reached J5 but turned out to be no good for transfer. I had few interactions with doctor Copperman - during the initial introductory visit (via Zoom) and then 2 or 3 times during the sonograms to see the evolution of my follicules during the hormone stimulation. During these visits, he was overall detached and cold. Simply performing the sonogram and speaking only the necessary. I would try to get more information but he wouldn’t share much. It is a stressful time and this doctor wasn’t warm or reassuring during the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Do not expect a lot of hand holding or compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had strong hormone stimulation meds to retrieve my own eggs. 9 were retrieved and 5 fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Abigail Goldberger)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
My IVF cycle was about $15,000
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Doctor recommended single embryo transfer which I approved also
Alan Copperman

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lederman is knowledgeable in his field and the type of physician who is direct and straight to the point which I greatly appreciated. He always got back to you for any concerns you had and was easy to reach if you had any questions. He made it a point to do the embryo transfers himself which was reassuring...always remembered who I was despite a busy office practice
[RMA of New York] Strengths: well organized especially with a large patient population. Weakness: monitoring would sometimes be backed up esp when needing an ultrasound which would always make me late for work in the morning...Coordinator and all nursing staff were organized and good. No concerns...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Come prepared as he will help you in your fertility goals. Also although rare there is a chance you can have identical twins with ivf! I’m happy his clinic only performs one embryo transfer at a time.
Dr Lederman always remembered who I was despite a busy office practice
My husband and I had “unexplained infertility.” We tried to get pregnant but after one year got restless and decided to proceed with ivf after failing with clomid and later iui’s given my advancing age. We completed 2 egg retrievals and made several viable embryos. We did the genetic testing and proceeded with our first frozen embryo transplant which resulted in a healthy bouncing baby boy. After 6 months we decided to do transfer #2. Not knowing if it would work or not, we were delightfully surprised that we were pregnant with baby # 2 AND #3. Our embryo split randomly and we are a few weeks away from meeting our twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Coordinator and all nursing staff were organized and good. No concerns.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were BUSY. If you needed an ultrasound expect to wait as they were often delayed. Giving blood work was quick and efficient.
We were cash patients as my Insurance only gave $5k for the lifetime of fertility treatments
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I think it’s essential they only do a single embryo transfer. Our embryo randomly split and we have identical twins. I can’t imagine having the possibility of carrying more than 2 babies given the risks associated with multiples.