Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations... I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see he
[My IVF Coordinator at RMA of New York] was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done...[staff] was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person...Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most compassionate doctor I have ever worked with (fertility or otherwise). I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see her at transfers it was as if no time had past. She knew me, my history, and made me feel comfortable in a situation that could be categorized as extremely scary and uncomfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Fertility treatments can be an extremely unknown and scary process. Trust that Dr. Sekhon is taking your situation into consideration and truly cares about your outcome with each step of the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations. She often brought up my partner and spoke of her fondly (she could not join appointments due to covid). She was truly invested in the outcome of each procedure and answered any and all questions I had. I never felt rushed by her or that I was an inconvenience.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Sekhon had me start with an HSG to ensure I had no tubal blockage before starting treatment. If I had she would have made sure to focus on one ovary instead of the blocked. However, I did not have any blockages and started with two unmedicated IUI cycles as there was no reason to believe I couldn't get pregnant with just insemination. I did inject a trigger shot 36 hours before insemination. Due to having a limited number of Sperm Donor vials I consulted with Dr. Sekhon and we agreed moving to IVF would be a great next step. I worked with her team to get all documentation ready during IUI number two so we would be ready to move straight to IVF if needed. I did two egg retrievals using injectable stim medications and a trigger shot which both resulted in around 20 eggs being retrieved and 8 blastocysts sent of for PGT-A testing. I then had two frozen embryo transfers, the first not resulting in a pregnancy, and the second resulting in a pregnancy. Throughout both transfers I took Estrogen Pills and Progesterone injections to help maintain the pregnancy.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Going into any new doctor situation is nerve wracking as an LGBTQ person, however, Dr. Sekhon never made me feel that way. She spoke to me as a person who wanted to get pregnant and needed help with it. I never felt uncomfortable or judged. She was extremely knowledgeable and made sure to share all options I had when starting this process. When my first two rounds of IUI did not result in a pregnancy and I had limited donor sperm vials left she helped talk through the best options and how moving to IVF could be a better option for future planning for me and my wife.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
My IVF Coordinator, Jennifer Needle, was instrumental throughout my egg retrievals and frozen embryo transfers. She was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done. She was always available to hop on a call and would respond to emails within the hour. If there were ever concerns or questions I knew she would be extremely helpful, even if she didn't have the answer, she would find the person who did.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is a wonderful practice full of caring practitioners. I have visited most of their office locations (Madison, Soho, and White Plains) and they each vary in their strengths and weaknesses. Madison is a large office and there is usually a short waiting period. The rooms are decent sized and while I never had my partner join me due to covid there would have been plenty of room. The Soho office is very small and intimate, but extremely efficient. The wait time for monitoring is typically no more than 5-10 minutes, they have a great system down. The exam rooms are extremely small and when my partner was able to join me for ultrasounds it was extremely cramped. However, the doctor was very mindful of this and always made sure to tell her where to stand to ensure she could see the screen. The White Plains office is a decent size, however constantly behind on their monitoring appointments, there were times I wasn't seen over an hour after my appointment time. Additionally, the front desk staff can sometimes be abrasive, you never know what to expect in this office, sometimes it is seamless in and out and others you're there for 30m-1h. However, the nurses at all locations were extremely thoughtful and helpful in each office and always made me feel cared for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
My insurance fully covered my fertility treatments so I only needed to pay my insurance deductible and out of pocket max ($7K).
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon transfers only one embryo at a time. I was not concerned with this approach as I did not want there to be a chance of multiples. Dr. Sekhon explained her practice with this and I was aligned with her practices.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
RMA of NY was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person. While often this was something that didn't come up as my wife was unable to attend monitoring appointments due to covid, when she could join me everyone was welcoming and kind.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them. My cryobank had all of RMA's information already in their system and was able to deliver vials within one days time. I simply had to call my cryobank, tell them how many vials I wanted to ship and who my clinic was and they confirmed the information with me and set up the shipment. I would then send an email to a specific RMA email address with the shipment information and when they could expect arrival. I never had any issues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was gearing up for a transfer cycle at RMA. The day or two before my cycle started I received a call from one of the nurses informing me that I would not be able to complete a transfer cycle that month due to a government mandate that the IVF lab be closed for cleaning for the month. I understand that RMA had no control over when the government mandates this, but I would have liked to been given more notice as I had made specific plans surrounding this cycle.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me...The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole.
[the RMA of NY staff] were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedul
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I wish I had Lucky in my life sooner--as early as my teen years! (Although that wouldve been impossible as were about the same age!) Not only was she able to help us get pregnant but she improved my quality of life. I was a long time sufferer from PCOS plus uterine fibroids--but I didn't know how bad they had gotten until Lucky & her colleague Leigh Rosen explained everything to me. I didn't know how much my fibroids & PCOS had been monopolizing my every day. I felt truly cared for, Lucky was not just treating my symptoms (as many doctors have in the past...), she was treating the causes. I felt like I was speaking to a caring friend. She made me feel comfortable in a way that I haven't felt about other physicians. She is knowledgeable & truly cares about sharing information. Lucky changed my life & I'll never forget that.
Lucky is incredibly high functioning & she'll get you the answers that you're looking. Don't go "down the rabbit hole" of the internet to try to figure things out on your own, reach out to Lucky instead. She will listen to you. Be your own advocate--it's ok to confirm next steps, to re-confirm information & to remind Lucky about some of the details of your case. The fertility journey is intense. Take notes before & during your visit. Write down questions ahead of time so that you don't forget to ask them when you have time with Lucky. Take notes so that you can review them after your appointment & feel free to email follow up questions to Lucky or your IVF nurse. Sometimes it will feel like you're getting a deluge of information & it's ok to take the time to process all of it.
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me, when I started to feel crazy. She encouraged me to reach out to her instead of attempting to do my own research. I often felt like I was the only one in her care, especially as she advised us on everything from next steps to surgery to the Covid vaccines.
My treatment strategies were very dependent on my diagnosis of uterine fibroids, PCOS & my age. I had ovulation challenges due to my diagnosis. The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole. My fibroids required an adominal myomectomy (after an MRI indicated that I had about 25 fibroids of varying sizes, one being quite large), so a major surgery& recovery time had to be factored into our treatment. We landed on IVF, based on Lucky's guidance around our best chances of becoming pregnant. & to preserve our fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance "Connie" Schmidt)
Connie was awesome. She called after every appointment & followed up with an email after the call. The email summarized everything we talked about plus any instructions that we discussed, in terms of treatment, medications, administerings meds, etc. Sometimes Connie had to deliver not so great news, if Lucky couldn't get back to us right away & she was alwasy compassionate & patient. Connie is very knowledgeable & she would be quick to offer tips & tricks to help make something easier. I never felt rushed on the phone or via email. It was truly a team effort & we were lucky to have Connie on our team too.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We started visiting RMA in April of 2020 & throughout the pandemic. It was intense, but all of the precautions that the clinic took to keep their patients & staff safe, comfortable & healthy were impressive. They were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedule. Rarely was the waiting room crowded--I felt comfortable & socially distanced. I've heard nightmare stories about other clinics... we were so grateful that we were with RMA.
Thanks to our insurance & the RMA Finance team, our appointments, IVF procedures & most of our medications were covered by our insurance & our $25k lifetime maximum for fertility treatments. We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing of our embryos. We were not charged for meeting with Rena Gower, the clinic's therapist (this was a service that we found very helpful).
Lucky advised that transferring one embryo is a best practice, as multiples are considered high-risk. In order to ensure our best chances for a healthy pregnancy, delivery & baby, a single embryo transfer was best for us.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands...She was easily accessible by email and phone...While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings...She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator...
Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA [of New York], while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner...The clinic was not always helpful in coordinating care with Pharmacy. I had the most challenges with the RN assigned to my care...She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent doctor. She is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands. While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings. She was easily accessible by email and phone. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as a doctor. She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator.
I would have liked to have all appointments with Dr. Sekhon.
Dr. Sekhon answered all of the questions I had in a very timely manner. She was also very kind in dealing with my numerous questions.
I had a standard IVF process, where I took medication in preparation for the egg retrieval, had egg retrieval and the next cycle had 5-day frozen embryo transplant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie )
While Dr. Sekhon was amazing, I did not have the same experience with her Nurse, Connie. She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present. She was the only who called with my blood results, and those calls felt very rushed. I did not often get to ask follow up questions (which was OK I guess because I emailed those to Dr. Sekhon and she got back to me within the same day (if not within hrs!))
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: fast and convenient Weakness: I saw the medical assistance for blood draw the most, since they were in such a hurry the care did not feel personalized. I felt more like a factory (which I guess is the cost of being fast, but I wonder if there could be some balance because I spent more time with the medical assistants who drew my blood). Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA, while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner.
I paid for co-pays for each ultrasound/blood retrieval ($20/visit), anesthesia for egg retrieval, and co-pays for medication.

2021, 30 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times...I felt informed about all aspects of the process...I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her...
Jennifer [nurse at RMA of New York] was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions...The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience as Dr. Sekhon's patient. Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times. My experience was completely in line with what Dr. Sekhon outlined at my initial consultation, and I felt informed about all aspects of the process. I would highly recommend egg freezing in general to any of my friends, and I feel my positive experience was in large part due to being in Dr. Sekhon's care.
Dr. Sekhon put me at ease and was patient in answering all questions throughout the process. I consistently felt that Dr. Sekhon was patient and thorough in all of her interactions with me. Because of the nature of the monitoring appointments, I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her.
Antagonist protocol with dual trigger
Jennifer was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I chose RMA because of the doctors there and its reputation, and I had an overall positive experience. The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
Egg freezing is covered by my employer in full after meeting my out-of-pocket max ($1500) so my expenses were minimal relative to the total cost.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.

2019 - 2021, Successful
I always felt like Dr. Klein listened and treated my specific circumstances. He was also personable and funny...he always remembered what we'd already tried and was ready to adjust and try the next thing...I'm 40 years old, and our embryos were untested, so for my first transfer, he allowed two to be transferred. That transfer failed. Our second transfer was of our one remaining frozen embryo, which was successful...
Martha [nurse at RMA of New York] was great, though she made errors on my medication directions a couple of times which I had to call to clarify...The Madison Ave branch is the only one open on weekends, so I had to go there a few times for monitoring and for my transfers and retrieval, which was inconvenient...The one big drawback was that we started IVF in November 2020 not knowing that the clinic shut down for cleaning in December, so that delayed our treatment until January 2021 which was frustrating...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was a great doctor, and we're grateful to him for helping us get our son. Our process started in 2019 and lasted through 2021, and he always remembered what we'd already tried and was ready to adjust and try the next thing. I've already recommended him to a few friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions. He's super responsive to email, so utilize that. When we first started I was very overwhelmed and didn't understand that we were jumping into IUIs, and he helped talked me through everything and allay my fears.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I always felt like Dr. Klein listened and treated my specific circumstances. He was also personable and funny, which my husband and I appreciated.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
For IUIs, I took clomid with a trigger shot. For IVF, I believe it was antagonist, 10-ish days of stims followed by egg retrieval and a fresh transfer of two embryos (which failed) and a FET the following month which resulted in our son who was born 3 weeks ago.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessey)
Martha was great, though she made errors on my medication directions a couple of times which I had to call to clarify.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is busy, but I was impressed by how well they handled Covid monitoring and scheduling. Everyone at the Westchester clinic was great. There was one younger phlebotomist who routinely bruised me terribly, but the regular, more experienced one was phenomenal. The Madison Ave branch is the only one open on weekends, so I had to go there a few times for monitoring and for my transfers and retrieval, which was inconvenient coming from Rockland County but worth it ultimately. The one big drawback was that we started IVF in November 2020 not knowing that the clinic shut down for cleaning in December, so that delayed our treatment until January 2021 which was frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything except visit copays and medicine copays.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Jeffrey Klein
Westchester

2018 - 2021, Successful
we saw him [Dr. Stein] over 3 years I liked how straightforward he was but he was not negative. He never gave us false hope but he never gave up on us. We did 3 egg retrievals and he adjusted my medication each time and our results kept getting better even though I kept getting older. He always told us what was happening even if it wasn’t going to the way I wanted which I appreciated. He will answer all questions and meet with you as much as you would like but you need to be your own advocate and set up the appointments...
The [RMA of New York] were very organized and efficient...From billing, to front desk to the nurses and Dr. Stein everyone was professional and reliable. I would say however our IVF coordinator was not that helpful. She seemed busy and was not as responsive...Eliza and all of the nurses were wonderful. They were so reliable and always got back to me no matter what the same day. They were kind, warm and extremely organized. I truly felt supported...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I chose Dr. Stein due to his expertise, success and years of experience. As we saw him over 3 years I liked how straightforward he was but he was not negative. He never gave us false hope but he never gave up on us. We did 3 egg retrievals and he adjusted my medication each time and our results kept getting better even though I kept getting older. He always told us what was happening even if it wasn’t going to the way I wanted which I appreciated. He will answer all questions and meet with you as much as you would like but you need to be your own advocate and set up the appointments. He does not believe In acupuncture for fertility but I very much did and used it. I’m forever grateful that we stuck with Dr. Stein and he stuck with us through the 3 years as our daughter was born last year (with my own eggs) and I was 41. It was not an easy experience as fertility treatment can be but it is a success story! We also have another PGS tested embryo in the freezer still and will choose Dr Stein again if we decide to use it. I highly recommend Dr. Stein.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be your own advocate and don’t be set back by how straight forward he is. He is an excellent doctor and genuinely wants the best and success for his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
We were with Dr. Stein for 3 years. He definitely has a lot of patients and it did not feel like a personable relationship for most of the time. I chose him and stuck with him due to his expertise, success and liked how straightforward he was. He never gave us false hope but he also never gave up on us. He did get to know us by our last IVF cycle and we had more of a personable relationship. After I was pregnant and released from RMA he even had a long phone call with us to help determine if we should do an amniocentesis.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Stein always recommended IVF from the start but gave us the option for IUI. I had a previous unsuccessful pregnancy with clomid prior to coming to Dr. Stein so we tried two IUI’s first. Then we took a break (tried getting pregnant naturally) until I finally decided that we were ready to try IVF. Our first egg retrieval we ended up with no embryos after testing. Our second egg retrieval we had 1 good PGS tested embryo and transferred it but it didn’t work. Our third egg retrieval we got two good PGS tested embryos. We transferred one and it worked! Our daughter is 6 months old and we also have another embryo still in the freezer. I’m not sure the specifics but through meeting with Dr. Stein after each cycle he adjusted our protocols and in turn kept getting better results. Don’t give up on yourself or Dr. Stein!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: ELIZA)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The were very organized and efficient. I liked once Covid happened that there were appointments for monitoring. From billing, to front desk to the nurses and Dr. Stein everyone was professional and reliable. I would say however our IVF coordinator was not that helpful. She seemed busy and was not as responsive.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Stein recommended doing single embryo transfers and that is what we did. He is even a father of twins but always said twin pregnancies were high risk.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Sekhon was very respectful and friendly. She was great about explaining everything along the way in very understandable language. She was encouraging but honest. I appreciated how she connected with me as a patient...very down to earth and easy to feel comfortable around. We did two IUIs with her and two IVF cycles, each with their own retrievals. She was good about setting expectations while also providing a lot of positivity and hope...
It [RMA of New York] runs like a well oiled machine--very efficient and quick communication. I liked that but other people might prefer smaller, more intimate doctors offices. I like that they had multiple office locations as well...Appts were early morning, before work, which was very convenient...minor communication mishaps that were always quickly cleared up when I followed up...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Sekhon. She had already treated a friend who had success so I had confidence in her. She is very down to earth and easy to feel comfortable around. We did two IUIs with her and two IVF cycles, each with their own retrievals. She was good about setting expectations while also providing a lot of positivity and hope.
Even if another location is closer, it's best to try to do all appts you can in the Soho office with her. For my first cycle, I went to the Brooklyn office a lot out of convenience but realized for my second cycle that I wanted more face time with the doctor making all the decisions, so started going to Soho instead. I felt it made a difference for me personally.
Though RMA runs almost like a machine, I still felt that almost everyone I interacted with was warm. Dr Sekhon was very respectful and friendly. She was great about explaining everything along the way in very understandable language. She was encouraging but honest. I appreciated how she connected with me as a patient.
After getting only five eggs and one normal embryo (which didn't implant) she changed the injection medications and doses a bit. The second cycle yielded eleven eggs but still only one normal embryo, which fortunately did implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie often sounded impatient to me. I never loved her tone. Other nurses that called were always WAY more friendly than she was. She was still helpful, responsive and informative though.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a baby factory. It runs like a well oiled machine--very efficient and quick communication. I liked that but other people might prefer smaller, more intimate doctors offices. I like that they had multiple office locations as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Appts were early morning, before work, which was very convenient. It was super efficient and they did a great job timing visits so only a few people were waiting in the office at once, for covid safety.
After insurance, I paid about $5,500 per IVF cycle, including retrieval and transfer.
We only had one normal embryo each cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There were minor communication mishaps that were always quickly cleared up when I followed up. They did forget to call in a very important injection that I had to take at a certain time the day before the IVF retrieval, so that caused some stress to get it last minute, but worked out fine in the end.
2021, Successful
Because we were transferring frozen embryos and had had one previous successful pregnancy, this round seemed pretty straight-forward. Dr. Sekhon was also straight-forward in her communication...originally planed to each do co-IVF, but we learned in our first consultation that I had low ovarian reserve and that I was not a good candidate for IVF...had my wife do two retrievals, resulting in 8 healthy embryos, which we froze until we were ready to transfer.
This clinic [RMA of New York] is very organized and runs very smoothly. The staff is very professional and competent. In both of my transfer experiences I felt that the course of the full treatment was never explained to me, so I didn't know what to expect. The second time around, I had a memory of the first time, but this didn't help with my anxiety...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Because we were transferring frozen embryos and had had one previous successful pregnancy, this round seemed pretty straight-forward. Dr. Sekhon was also straight-forward in her communication. I had more of an experience with Dr. Davis, who is no longer with the practice. He was extremely warm and comforting. He handled my wife's two retrievals and my first embryo transfer.
Dr. Sekhon took over for Dr. Davis. We originally planed to each do co-IVF, but we learned in our first consultation that I had low ovarian reserve and that I was not a good candidate for IVF. We think had my wife do two retrievals, resulting in 8 healthy embryos, which we froze until we were ready to transfer. Dr. Davis transfered the first embryo, which was a success. Dr. Sekhon transfered the second, which was a success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses were helpful with the medication calls and when I had a COVID scare/false alarm. Jennifer Needle was very helpful with coordinating my care and with answering my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is very organized and runs very smoothly. The staff is very professional and competent. In both of my transfer experiences I felt that the course of the full treatment was never explained to me, so I didn't know what to expect. The second time around, I had a memory of the first time, but this didn't help with my anxiety. The first time, no one told me to start taking prenatal vitamins, for example, until it was casually mentioned before the transfer (assuming I had already started). The same happened when it was time to schedule with the OB, no one told me when it was time to do that, which was a problem the first time around.
We did single embryo transfers each time because we fortunately had very high quality embryos to choose from.
2014 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude...I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby...
Amazing staff [at RMA of New York], an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that...The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business...They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude. He’s the opposite of a slick marketing machine. I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby. In 2020 at age 39 I returned for two more rounds of IVF with purpose to get a female embryo and I was not nearly as successful… only getting one male embryo. In hindsight I should have done an IVF round in 2018 after giving birth. But I wound up accepting reality and successfully transferring a 3rd male embryo, and now I am the mother of three beautiful boys. RMA gets criticized for being a factory, but that’s what you want! They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process. Fertility is NOT the time to go boutique, it’s the time to go with the operation who has a lock-step process in place.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Trust the process but do NOT delay another minute in getting your fertility journey underway.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is a lovely person and has a very calm demeanor. He was always positive while also being honest especially in my latter cycles at a later age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business. They do an amazing job at hiring!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing staff, an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I was not interested in having twins, but was deemed likely to carry them so we only transferred one embryo at a time
Alan Copperman
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was one of the most empathetic, supportive doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure to see. She followed up and answered questions personally and never made me feel like a bother. She is frank and honest and didn’t treat me like just a “patient.”...incredibly knowledgeable, flexible and open to what her patients are comfortable with...she didn’t push us to move faster than we were comfortable with. I felt supported and that she was truly in our corner and wanting our treatment to succeed on a personal level...
RMA is a well oiled machine. I didn’t wait too long for screenings and scans and always got through to a clinical person if I had questions. Scheduling was challenging because I preferred the west side office and often had to call to change my monitoring because they scheduled me elsewhere, but otherwise my experience was very positive. It is a very busy practice...Dr Sekhon’s nurse Connie was fantastic, always answered my questions and was compassionate while I was going through a very stressful time...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is incredibly knowledgeable, flexible and open to what her patients are comfortable with. We weren’t ready to jump into IVF so we did many IUI cycles, and she didn’t push us to move faster than we were comfortable with. I felt supported and that she was truly in our corner and wanting our treatment to succeed on a personal level. I also trusted her advice fully because she was very straightforward and explained everything in a way I could understand.
Be honest about your own comfort level and she will work with you. And trust her advice!
My first two cycles of IVF were cancelled because of low egg count. We switched protocols from the first to second, taking a more aggressive approach, which I did not respond well to, then switched again on the third round, which led to a transfer and ultimately a miscarriage. My fourth cycle was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We transferred two fresh embryos, which Dr. Sekhon recommended and i agreed with.

2021, Successful
He [Dr. Mukherjee] was thorough, kind, compassionate and really took his time to explain everything to both my husband and I. From the moment we stepped into his office, he went over every step of IVF in detail with us...I emailed Dr. Mukherjee after my retrieval as I had questions and he called me back immediately....
I really do not think that RMA had any weaknesses. I think they were great at explaining the processes, explaining the medication instructions, giving instructions on where to go and when to arrive for different procedures. I would recommend just writing everything down and keeping a calendar for your medications and appointments...Listen carefully to the instructions given, lean on RMA for support and you can always email the doctor.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was thorough, kind, compassionate and really took his time to explain everything to both my husband and I. From the moment we stepped into his office, he went over every step of IVF in detail with us. He predicted that based on both mine and my husband's history, that IVF would be a success for us, and that was exactly the case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Listen carefully to the instructions given, lean on RMA for support and you can always email the doctor. I emailed Dr. Mukherjee after my retrieval as I had questions and he called me back immediately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was thorough, kind, warm, compassionate and correct in all of his predictions from the moment we met him, until discharge day. I would 100% recommend him and his team to anyone who is having infertility issues as he was truly so spot on with everything he suggested.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
This I am unsure of
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marissa, Clara, Julia )
Marissa and Clara were the nurses that I spoke to the most. Both were extremely kind, through, organized and efficient. Julia was my coordinator and she was just the best. Sumer responsive, kind and caring.
2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is a caring, helpful doctor. Our procedures went exactly how she described. While I didn't see her at every monitoring visit, I was always seen by one of her doctor colleagues who were friendly and professional as well. I appreciated Dr. Sekhon's willingness to answer questions and provide additional detail about the protocol we were following...We did 1 egg retrieval and 1 FET which resulted in a pregnancy. We were also recommended to do PGT.
RMA of NY is a large clinic but very efficiently run. The staff was friendly and helpful - this process was physically and emotionally tiring for me - but I felt confident about the expertise of my doctors and nursing staff...Jennifer [nurse] was extremely helpful in coordinating care. We primarily communicated over email and she would respond very quickly...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a caring, helpful doctor. Our procedures went exactly how she described. While I didn't see her at every monitoring visit, I was always seen by one of her doctor colleagues who were friendly and professional as well. I appreciated Dr. Sekhon's willingness to answer questions and provide additional detail about the protocol we were following. IVF is a convoluted process but I felt confident we were in good hands with her.
Bring all your questions to your first visit - she will take the time to answer them.
I
Jennifer was extremely helpful in coordinating care. We primarily communicated over email and she would respond very quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctor and I were on the same page re: doing a eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
In between the egg retrieval and FET, I had to call a few times to discuss the next steps for my cycle. It felt like things were a bit up in the air - but overall it was a minor blip in my experience.
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Flisser is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions with easy and simple explanations rather than making me feel like I didn’t know what was going on or that I was asking silly questions. He was always personable and able to reach if I needed anything outside of our visits...I did this process for genetic testing so choosing to do a single embryo transfer once all of the basic and specific testing was done made the most sense...
[at RMA of New York] I always felt that my questions were fully answered and I always knew I could call with any other questions after my visits...It took longer than expected to get clearance to have all of my records sent to my OBGYN. There was some miscommunication regarding forms I had to have signed in order to release the information....
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions with easy and simple explanations rather than making me feel like I didn’t know what was going on or that I was asking silly questions. He was always personable and able to reach if I needed anything outside of our visits. In the time of COVID when my partner was unable to join me on my visits it was nice to have a doctor who really cared.
Be open minded to the process there are different options available- each persons experience and situation is different.
Every time I met with Dr. Flisser he was friendly asked about my family and life, and spoke to me in detail about what was going on with my situation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Always friendly and willing to help!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
With my visits being during COVID they were very good at keeping patients safe and separated. I always felt that my questions were fully answered and I always knew I could call with any other questions after my visits.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.

3 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Sekhon] is personable, smart and incrediblly dedicated. I feel lucky to have her as our doctor for this very stressful process. Lucky listened, provided balanced advance, and went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met...amazing bedside manner- she really sees each patient as an individual and takes the time to explain all procedures and her reasoning very well...
Strength is they've [RMA of NY] done a lot of IVF. Weakness is it feels a bit like a factory. Overall, however, I had a wonderful experience bc my primary team w Dr Sekhon was great. RMA also does a good job of providing a financial counselor to help w understanding the payment portion of the journey which is key...No options for multiple embryo transfer at RMA...Great nursing staff- supportive and kind...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a gift. She is personable, smart and incrediblly dedicated. I feel lucky to have her as our doctor for this very stressful process. Lucky listened, provided balanced advance, and went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met. I'd recommend her to anyone seeking to get pregnant.
Come with all your questions- Dr. Sekhon will gladly answer them!
Lucky has the most amazing bedside manner- she really sees each patient as an individual and takes the time to explain all procedures and her reasoning very well.
- I don't recall
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Great nursing staff- supportive and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength is they've done a lot of IVF. Weakness is it feels a bit like a factory. Overall, however, I had a wonderful experience bc my primary team w Dr Sekhon was great. RMA also does a good job of providing a financial counselor to help w understanding the payment portion of the journey which is key.
$16k per cycle
No options for multiple embryo transfer at RMA; one thing that may be worth considering as a future possible change

2021, Successful
We absolutely loved working with Dr. Sekhon. Such a positive and fun experience. We were not expecting to go this route, but she did such a great job explaining everything to us, but also not pressuring us to do anything. We also corresponded with her via email and she was very responsive...I felt like I was talking to a friend, and cared for like I was family...
The downtown SoHo office [RMA of New York] was very efficient, I never had to wait long to be seen. Scheduling appointments was a bit frustrating at first, but ended up doing all my appointment via my IVF coordinator over email which was easier than doing it over the phone...Dr. Lucky was amazing, I felt like I was talking to a friend, and cared for like I was family.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is trustworthy and never be afraid to ask her any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The downtown SoHo office was very efficient, I never had to wait long to be seen. Scheduling appointments was a bit frustrating at first, but ended up doing all my appointment via my IVF coordinator over email which was easier than doing it over the phone.
NY - Downtown

I found Dr. Mukherjee to be personable and trustworthy. He absolutely made time for us when we requested to review results and next steps. We never felt rushed out of the office...depending on why I was coming into the clinic, the nurse would try to schedule it when Dr. Mukherjee was there. He was not the one who performed our two IUIs but we saw him pretty frequently. We suffered an incomplete miscarriage for the 2nd IUI and he was compassionate through it all.
They [RMA of New York] are not always easy to get a hold of. You have to call the office and a nurse will call you back. I have better luck with our IVF coordinator since she’s very responsive through e-mail...Morning monitoring hours are highly efficient. Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days. Other days you are in and out in 10-15 minutes...I found Dr. Mukherjee to be personable and trustworthy.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I found Dr. Mukherjee to be personable and trustworthy. He absolutely made time for us when we requested to review results and next steps. We never felt rushed out of the office. We had concerns and wanted clarification regarding treatment as Covid-19 cases started to stabilize in our area. He offered sound medical advice that made us feel confident in our decision.
Set expectations as to what kind of doctor you want to provide you care. There is no one size fits all doctor. We immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Mukherjee because he was referred to us by our OB who we trusted.
I was referred to Dr. Mukherjee by my OB/gyn in the summer of 2019. We had lost our baby boy a few months earlier in December 2018 due to complications during delivery — placental abruption/premature labor. When we were ready to try again, my cycles post-partum never got back on track. My OB did not want us to waste time and immediately referred us to him. Since I trust my OB, I trusted his referral. Dr. Mukherjee listened to us as we recounted how we ended up in his office for a consult. He thoroughly reviewed our results and explained to us his plan — 2 IUIs and moving on to IVF if the IUIs did not work. We were comfortable and highly agreed with this plan. The doctors rotate during morning hours but depending on why I was coming into the clinic, the nurse would try to schedule it when Dr. Mukherjee was there. He was not the one who performed our two IUIs but we saw him pretty frequently. We suffered an incomplete miscarriage for the 2nd IUI and he was compassionate through it all. We wanted to take a little bit of a break after that loss before moving on to IVF. He was sympathetic and assured us that he would be there when we were ready to come back.
1st medicated IUI - negative 1 medicated cycle - chemical pregnancy 2nd medicated IUI - miscarriage IVF (freeze all, genetic testing) - upcoming first round; results not yet available
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie, Sarah, Becky)
I initially had more interaction with my primarily nurse but later on I was speaking more with a different nurse. They are not always easy to get a hold of. You have to call the office and a nurse will call you back. I have better luck with our IVF coordinator since she’s very responsive through e-mail. I work in an office setting and my schedule is filled with meetings. It is hard to connect with a nurse if you have to call and they have to call you back. I do not have the luxury to sit around and wait for a call.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Morning monitoring hours are highly efficient. Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days. Other days you are in and out in 10-15 minutes. I am sure the protocols are going to be so different next time I visit in this new Covid world.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My husband’s insurance covered a certain “lifetime fertility” amount. Once those are exhausted, we will pay out of pocket.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
N/A at this time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was one instance in which I was waiting for a call with results. I did not get the call until after I spoke with the IVF coordinator.

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Daniel Stein] He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed...[new patient advice] Do your own research, ask questions, but know he is very strict with his regimen and won’t necessarily change things if they don’t work for you.
[RMA of NY] Nursing staff was nice, but sometimes rushed through explanations or wrote the wrong thing in email while telling you another on the phonr...It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He go me pregnant with my IVF ever, but he is very strict with his regimen. I felt like at that time i was younger and probably didn't need PGD/PGS but it was not really explained to me. When I returned a few years later, I responded extremely well but had very poor fertilization results, which were surprising and i was left stumped and feeling like something had been missed.
He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed. He was very empathetic when the last retrieval did not result in embryos and was available to speak with.
Antagonist with BC first retrieval and Estrogen priming antagonist protocol for second retrieval.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual. Also, we felt the urologist with RMA was very disinterested in our case so if you are dealing with male factor, probably best to go somewhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered first retrieval/transfer. Next round was about 15k. We also did a FET before second retrieval which cost ~3500 (failed transfer)
He prefers eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had great response the second tile and a high number of mature eggs, but none reached to day 5. I feel i could have done a day 3, but they do not offer this. We also felt that there may have been a lab issue, but none were disclosed to us. We just had a very usual result that other doctors were even perplexed by.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be...Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child...he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended..
IVF retrieval process [at RMA of NY] was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs...It was a very well-oiled machine and they worked as quickly as possible to get patients in and out. I learned quickly that Mondays and Fridays were the busiest days in the West Side office so to leave myself more time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Strengths: Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child. He is goal orientated - his goal is to get you to a point of a healthy full term pregnancy as best as he can and he is very persistent about reminding you about that when setbacks or disappointments occur because he is laser focused on that. Extremely goal orientated. Weakness - he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended because it truly is coming from a good place and a place of caring to get you to the finish line.
Don't have expectations of every morning monitoring you will see him as the doctors are on rotation, but they are all lovely. Also, Dr. Stein is straightforward, which means he wont sugar coat things, just know that he is trying his best to get you to the finish line, a healthy pregnancy.
Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be. I had to learn that morning monitoring hours were not the time and place to ask detailed questions since he had many people to see, but he was happy to speak with me afterwards or at an appointment in grave detail as I am someone who wanted to know everything and feel educated about this process.
We started with PCOS panel as their is a history in my family, then after those results, got on thyroid medication and did my first IUI since nothing else was of concern based on blood work that came back. First IUI resulted in a miscarriage. Then further aggressive testing was performed because that was of concern and they found blood clotting issue as well as a polyp was found in uterus. I was given a recommendation from Dr. Stein to see a hematologist and had surgery to remove polyp. Had two more IUIs which failed and then moved to IVF. Overall things were showing up as unexplained secondary infertility and recurring pregnancy loss so IVF was the next best step to get me towards a healthy pregnancy. I had a retrieval of 14 eggs, 10 made it past day one and shockingly only 2 were ended up viable to send to the lab for genetic testing. If I were to do another retrieval the nurses from RMA shared with me that Dr. Stein would change my medications to help in increasing the amount of eggs they could extract since I had such a steep drop in eggs that made it through the first week. I am now waiting to do my first embryo transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had one nurse that I clicked with so I would ask to speak with her when I could and when she was in. The other nurses were wonderful as well and only once did a I have a nurse call me and I realized she didn't read through my file well enough before calling me. Otherwise, they were really so wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: Incredibly organized, attention to detail and ALWAYS trying their best to make you feel important and like a human and not another infertility case. Weakness: I don't know if this is really a weakness, but I remembered when I first started to go and it hit me like a ton of bricks how many men and women are seeing a fertility doctor and I wasn't alone, but at the same time I was still working through my shame of being there and ran into people that I didn't want them to know I was there. The west side office is smaller which I really preferred over the east side because it was more intimate and personal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was so much especially because my insurance is not that great, coverage is super minimal. IVF retrieval process was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Lekovich is always honest and clear in her approach, along with reasoning for why she implements specific treatment planning. She is available through email, is quick to respond, and always always makes us feel at ease after each communication. ... Dr. Lekovich has always been willing to answer all of our questions with honesty and clarity that makes us feel confident in the care she gives us. She offers reading materials to further our own understandings, while also uses a lot of her own knowledge to explain and explore the choices she makes in each cycle.
The clinic [RMA of New York] sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring. ... The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Ask any question and express any concern you may have. Dr. Lekovich has a wealth of knowledge regarding infertility/fertility treatment. She will be able to provide you with research backing her decision making and treatment planning. She will also address all questions or concerns without making you feel overwhelmed by information or as if it is an inconvenience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle began with birth-control, then Gonal-F and Cetritide and Menopur. My second round involved E2 patches, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur, the most successful and resulting in 12 retrieved, 3 tested, 3 frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff are always friendly, supportive throughout the process and prompt in calling back when I have phoned for any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic sees many people through the day, sometimes making for a full waiting room. However, the staff are rather quick to see everyone, provide a calming environment to sit and wait, and have never waited for longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are quite a few people in the waiting room on some day, but then no one other than my self others. I typically go first thing when the doors open and have found it to be very easy and smooth. The women who draw your blood are amazing. They never hurt me, always remember me and ask questions that make me feel at ease in the experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered all but $7000 of each round, not including medications which came to approx $250/round.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was only one time in which my results had not been phoned. When I called after hours, the after hours nurse on call was able to get a hold of the staff who then immediately called me to tell me my results. they were apologetic and kind.
Brooklyn

Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me
NY - Eastside

Dr Stein took time to speak with us at our initial consultation and explain all options and then again at the follow up before moving to ivf. He doesn’t speak to you at each step and you won’t see him unless there is a specific reason. I did sometimes feel a bit like a number and my main communication is though the nurses and coordinator...He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready.
[RMA of NY is] Organized, efficient many locations, nice staff. The financial coordinators are hit or miss but I can tell they care and are responsive. They also seem to be reasonablely priced comparatively. My insurance had a 10k cap that I which I would have know about prior to all the medicated rounds, which the coordinators didn’t inform me about...[our assigned nurse] was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein has many years of clinical experience and I felt in good hands. He’s to the point and let’s you know what he thinks the best treatment is and chances and has been very optimistic with us even when things clearly were not going as we hoped. I went through 3 rounds of letrozol then 2 rounds of clomid and iui. He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready. When we did decide to move to ivf I did gonal f- menapure, and another drug for ~9 days as I had tons of follicles before retrieval. Dr Klein I believe did my retrieval (this is dependent on timing) and got 40+ eggs, 36 fertilized, 26 to day 5, and resulted in 18 genetically normal embryos . We had to wait a month or so as the clinic was closed over the holiday which was a bit annoying prior to starting the transfer cycle. When we did start he found that I had a bacterial infection - endometris which I guess is somewhat common. I did the first round of antibiotics which didn’t work, did another biopsy and then a 2nd round of antibiotics - which were brutal and both made me pretty sick. They don’t test again after the second round which I sorta wish they would. So that were we are for the past few months, covid hit during this time which obviously is delaying timing.
If your expecting hand holding every step of the way this isn’t the doctor you.
Ivf agonist protocol - 9 days, had many follicles - retrieved 40+ eggs, resulting in 18 day 5 embryos ( genetically tested)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza )
Eliza was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was pretty easy and I would go to the Brooklyn office.
My insurance capes at 10k. Costs for the 5 medicated rounds I paid copays and medication cost ~ 500, ivf paid another 8k which included genetic testing (paid 3k for 26 Embyos tested, 3.5k for each transfer, additional cost for blood work and biopsy’s ~ 2k
ESet - clinic does not seem to offer double transfers
Lost husbands paperwork
NY - Westside

I did 3 IUIs [with Dr. Lekovich] using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF...She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient...She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on...Two nurses told me different things about choosing a sperm donor. One nurse made me feel that I should definitely change my donor while the other said it was fine...Each IUI was around $300...The main problem is just that I wish they were open for more hours in the day! They only do many procedures between 9am and 12:30 which isn't always convenient. The nurses always call back when I call. I have gotten some conflicting information from some nurses, but they quickly cleared up their miscommunication.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich explains everything that is going to happen in detail. She is not a fan of medicating if it not necessary. All of my IUIs were done just with Ovidrel. She would have allowed me to take more meds if i really wanted to but she didn't feel it was necessary. I appreciate that she doesn't just fill up every patient with hormones without considering side-effects and the change for multiples. She is very direct and clear. She does not coddle or spend a lot of time on letting her patients feel bad and disappointed. She just moves on to the next step in the plan, which i appreciate but may bot be for everyone. for my actual IUIs, she only performed one and other doctors did the other two. I would have preferred that she be able to do all of them, but the other doctors were equally qualified and kind.
Ask a lot of questions! She will explain them. Make a list for every meeting.
Dr. Lekovich and everyone who works at RMA is extremely kind and warm. She explained things in detail every single time and I never felt that she was rushing me out the door for her next patient.
I did 3 IUIs using only Ovidrel because I have no ovulation issues. They all resulted in negatives, but I am 40 so that doesn't really surprise me too much. We are now moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All of the nurses and admin at RMA are very warm and calm. I always felt completely focused on that cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Each IUI was around $300.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments...now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant...She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world...guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live...Estephany [our IVF Coordinator] was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I was very blessed to have Dr. Lekovich as a doctor. From the beginning she diagnosed me with Vaginismus, she gave me a detailed plan to overcome it so that I could start to have fertility treatments. My ability to overcome this complicated illness is due to her help and guidance. She encouraged me to continue and now after one IVF Treatment with her, I am pregnant. She is very thorough and compassionate. She was easily accessible to me which was also very important. She also understood the religious laws that my religion has regarding fertility treatments, and she was sensitive to all of them. She had a great sense of humor, always listened to me, and she had a positive outlook on my treatment. She was very thorough during the treatment making sure that we did everything we needed to succeed. I followed her advice and now I am pregnant with my first child.
Make an appointment and then let her walk you through how to succeed in your treatment. You can be open with her about any issues that you think are hindering you from having children, and she will work with you closely to solve them.
Dr. Lekovich made me feel very comfortable from the start of our treatment, especially the IVF Treatment. She helped me to overcome Vaginismus so that I would be able to do treatments. It was her recommendations that allowed me to overcome this terrible illness and put me in the position to start treatment and success. She also always listened to me and our partner. Her and her staff were very detail oriented and very knowledgeable and focused on my treatment. She showed me that she understood my situation and she gave me hope that I would get pregnant. She was very detailed in the IVF Treatment, making sure that she made the proper changes during treatment so that we would succeed. Her support, encouragement, her sense of humor, her knowledge, skills, and her big heart were all very evident. I was blessed to have her as my doctor.
IVF has two parts, an egg retrieval part in which as many eggs as possible are retrieved, and a Transfer part in which the Embryo is transferred into a woman's uterus. During the egg retrieval part of my treatment, I went for monitoring every day, and based on my blood levels and ultrasounds, Dr. Lekovich would make the necessary changes to the doses in my treatment. During the transfer stage, I had to go to monitoring a few times a week. Dr. Lekovich made sure to do everything possible to get optimal results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Estephany Jimenez)
Our IVF Coordinator was Estephany Jimenez. Estephany was very detail oriented and communicated with us almost every day about what we needed to do with the treatment. I was very happy with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) is one of the best fertility clinics in the world. Dr. Lekovich's guidelines of treatment was based on the tremendous research and knowledge the clinic has on fertility treatment. They also have a lot of offices in New York, so you can do the monitoring portion at a place closer to where you live. The clinic is very thorough about your treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has many offices, we did our monitoring in Long Island, which was closer to us.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lekovich's approach with regard to the amount of embryos transferred is based on a model that RMA follows. Since my wife was young, she only put in one embryo for the transfer.