Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

[Dr. Benjamin Sandler is] very scientific he gives you his opinion and what he chooses for you...He gave me a hope that we have age on my side I will def get pregnant. But then I didnt get pregnant and then had a chemical.he told me the changes that will happen in a new cycle.he had alot of information...I had antagonist protocol I had 300 gonal f n 3 powders of menupor and then centrotide and my trigger was ovidrel my cycle lasted 11 day
[The nursing staff at RMA of New York was] Awesome they answered all questions and very promptly...It [monitoring appointments] was fast your get in btwn 7 and 8 am and would do bloods then get placed in a room for ultrasound...[Dr. Benjamin Sandler is] very scientific he gives you his opinion and what he chooses for you...He gave me a hope that we have age on my side I will def get pregnant.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Hes very scientific he gives you his opinion and what he chooses for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He explained everything
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Awesome they answered all questions and very promptly
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
If you dont get pregnant the first time dont think of it as the doctors fault it's only the first time and they have to find out what works but the second time around things should work in your favor
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was fast your get in btwn 7 and 8 am and would do bloods then get placed in a room for ultrasound
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
I had a grant

2017, Consult
I had a very positive with Joseph Davis. He was very easy to approach. I felt comfortable asking him my questions. Notably, I have not always felt respected and understood as a queer butch woman in fertility spaces but Joseph made me feel comfortable....I only had a consultation with him but he made me and my partner feel very comfortable. He laid out all of our options, showed us research relevant to our questions, and printed out data to aid us in our decisions.
The best thing about working with RMA is that they have done this all before. They are seriously pros. They know their stuff there and they have a system for everything. They walk you through all of the procedures and teach you how to do anything (inject Ovidrel) that you haven't done before....I had a very positive with Joseph Davis. He was very easy to approach. I felt comfortable asking him my questions.... I only had a consultation with him but he made me and my partner feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to be open about your questions and reservations. He'll help you understand anything that's not clear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
I felt like he really heard our concerns and questions.
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
I cannot remember at this time.
Joseph Davis
2011 - 2016, Unsuccessful
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I only saw him twice, once to know him and then at transfer, they prepared my cycle in Mexico (because I liver there) they have this great doctors Martha Luna and Enrique Cervantes they prepare you end then when you are ready yo go tu NYC to do the transfer. The doctors that really treated me and where in contact with me where Martha and Enrique in Mexico. Sandler was nice and he explained everything very well, even though we had no luck in both our treatments with him (one miscarriage and one negative test with donors eggs), I really really like the structure/administration they have at the clinic, they say they will call at 5 with results and the really do. They work by the book and i like that very much.
I think he is very good at what he does, he is very busy and has a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think that as a weakness they have too many patients. Strengths, they know what they are doing.
Shared donnor egg : 21,000 usd Not shared donor egg: 35,000 usd Plus medication and testing

2015, Successful
She [Dr Jaime Knopman] seemed savvy and progressive, she doesn't have old school of thought. She is leaving her practice and starting her own and I will follow her to new clinic....She was very responsive over email if I had questions after hours. Better than calling the main number and leaving a message. She was relatable.
The downtown location for rma is much smaller than midtown location so was easy and the wait wasn't long. On the weekends I had to go to the midtown location and it felt more impersonal. I didn't enjoy calling the main number bc I would often wait on hold Or not get the result I wanted in an efficient way
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
She seemed savvy and progressive, she doesn't have old school of thought. She is leaving her practice and starting her own and I will follow her to new clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The woman who took blood was very nice, quiet, did a good job with drawing blood
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Seemed efficient. Downtown location was smaller so was pretty quick and easy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York.
I am not sure
Jaime Knopman
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Alan Copperman

2020, Unsuccessful
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number).... If following the herd and approaching medicine with standardized approaches doesn't bother you, then Dr. Thornton is a good fit because she explains things quickly and will get you started quickly. But if you'd like a more customized approach, or an approach that does not leave any health issues out, then you're better off somewhere else.
This place [RMA of New York] is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.... Disorganized (maybe due to Covid, but that seems to be everyone's line), things were missed, and getting the results is a total pain.... The lady who took my blood was great! She was caring. However, everyone else was hard to track down. Gave fuzzy information. And never called when they said they would.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
If you have an easy issue, I am sure Dr. Thornton will be a good match. For me, it didn't work out because I felt a lot of things were really haphazard. My PCOS was not detected by her team (which should be been able to be seen from bloodwork). It also really bothered me that there was no portal to receive results. You are at the mercy of her team of nurses and they all overburdened.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number). Clomid (which was the standard that Dr. Thornton prescribed) should not be prescribed for people who have PCOS and PCOS was indicated in my blood results.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
5 days of clomid (dose was double what it should have been) + 1 ovidrel shot + 1 IUI. Clomid should not be prescribed for PCOS. Triggers OHSS. Originally, my husband and I had come to her for sperm issues, but after taking a whole round of clomid, it was discovered that I have hypothyroidism. What was not detected was PCOS.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This place is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
This is a hilarious question. I have yet to reach the finance team (4 attempts so far). I am expecting some ridiculous bill that will come out of no where.

2018 - 2020, Successful
For my last transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy, Dr. Sekhon suggested we use a more toned down/natural protocol with less medication as it wasn't something we tried before. It ended up working for me...[she] is compassionate and has great bedside banners. I can tell that she truly cares about her patients. She is very evidence based and makes sure she listens to your concerns before prescribing a certain protocol.
In my case, RMA did not allow multiple embryo transfers...The downtown location is smaller than the one in midtown which I liked. I didn't have to wait too long for my appointments as it wasn't too crowded. It seems to be very well run. My only suggestion is to have the reception area a little more private so anything that is discussed with a patient remains a little more private and not easily overheard by those waiting in the waiting area.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is compassionate and has great bedside banners. I can tell that she truly cares about her patients. She is very evidence based and makes sure she listens to your concerns before prescribing a certain protocol. I enjoyed working with Dr. Sekhon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and follow up if something is not clear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I didn't feel like I was treated like a number.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had several protocols with many different medications. For my last transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy, Dr. Sekhon suggested we use a more toned down/natural protocol with less medication as it wasn't something we tried before. It ended up working for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is wonderful. I felt they really cared.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I had single embryo transfers for all my transfers. In my case, RMA did not allow multiple embryo transfers. Though I understand why they didn't approve multiple embryo transfers for me, I would've still like that decision to be up to me.

2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon had the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with. She is sympathetic and listened to all concerns...she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease...Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid...
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions...there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We saw Dr. Sekhon after 8 months of trying after a miscarriage. We tried one IUI (after doing two rounds with another clinic) and then went to IVF. Our retrieval resulted in 18 eggs with 4 genetically normal embryos. Our first transfer was successful and I am currently pregnant. Not only did Dr. Sekhon make us successful, she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease. Would recommend her to anyone looking for treatment!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid (even if it probably is).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like how there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
My treatments were mostly covered under my works fertility benefits
NY - Downtown
Dr.Sekhon was great from our first consultation. She clearly outlined all options and helped us decide the best path to take based on my fertility issues and our goals as a couple...You will sometimes see other doctors during monitoring hours but they are all great...she answered all of our questions and explained things in a way that made sense to a couple going through infertility treatments for the first time.
Strengths - well run clinic - even during the peak of covid they quickly adjusted their processes so treatment could resume in safe manner. Weakness - there are a lot of patients but this never was an issue from my perspective. Monitoring hours [at RMA of NY] were efficient and everything that I was promised the clinic delivered on..
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr.Sekhon was great from our first consultation. She clearly outlined all options and helped us decide the best path to take based on my fertility issues and our goals as a couple. I would absolutely recommend Dr.Sekhon.
You will sometimes see other doctors during monitoring hours but they are all great! It’s an efficient process.
Dr.Sekhon was amazing - she answered all of our questions and explained things in a way that made sense to a couple going through infertility treatments for the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Everyone who I worked with was Amazing! I called with lots of questions and they were always quick to respond. The appointments were also efficient thanks to the excellent nursing staff and coordinator!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - well run clinic - even during the peak of covid they quickly adjusted their processes so treatment could resume in safe manner. Weakness - there are a lot of patients but this never was an issue from my perspective. Monitoring hours were efficient and everything that I was promised the clinic delivered on.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
During covid they were during a specific time which made me feel better since less people were in the waiting room. Before covid there were no specific appointment times but I never had to wait long
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Thornton went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable. I felt like I could trust her right away after my first appointment...[protocol] Antagonist, 300 units of Gonal F and 150 units of Menopur daily. I knew I was on a high dose but I felt pretty good the entire process. The medications did not make me feel weird/crazy like some may say...
She always made herself available to talk and if she was not available, my [RMA of NY] coordinator, always responded right away...I love how connected I felt with the team and monitoring in the Soho office. I wish there was another clinic open on the weekend to make travel a little easier. Other than that, I really enjoyed my time at RMA and would recommend to anyone.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is such a kind and caring doctor! Before going through the process, I was very nervous but Dr. Thornton and her team really made me feel at ease. I would recommend her to anyone trying to start a family or for a fertility check-up.
Stay positive and patient. This process can be very challenging but keeping a positive mindset will be helpful mentally and during your treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
Melissa was very kind and caring during my treatment. She always made herself available to talk and if she was not available, my coordinator, Clarissa always responded right away.

2021 - 2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sekhon is] Very knowledgeable and took the time to further investigate my particular situation and getting the appropriate clearance to have the retrieval so there were no complications. I felt like i could trust her and she genuinely cared...She was very thorough and took the time to check in with me via email before and after the retrieval
[the RMA of NY nurse] was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions...Loved the downtown location. They were always polite and well organized. They always ran on time and i never felt like a number. The Uptown location wasn’t as personal. It was always very crowded and i had to wait a while every time i went
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t hesitate to ask her questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli, for part of it before she left )
Mauli was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions
$1100 for procedure and $7k for meds
NY - Downtown

Dr Sekhon was consistently helpful about explaining my treatment options and status, and even made me aware of some that I didn’t know were available and saved us months of precious time. She was always informative of options, pros and cons, and unknowns, sharing all the latest statistics but noting as appropriate how I was individually likely to be similar or different than the averages.
I generally found RMA both downtown and eastside very prompt for appointment times. Eastside is much bigger than downtown, so it does feel like a bit of a fertility factory as a result if no impact on the service level and in general probably helped lead to the efficiency...I loved all the nurses I worked with. They were consistently responsive, thorough, and supportive. Available via phone or email which was nice.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is incredibly warm and personable. She would always reference my partner by her name and remember other details about me.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Thornton was wonderful to work with throughout the challenging IVF process. I appreciated the time she took to check in with me and explain the protocols, etc...Dr. Thornton adjusted my protocol and then adjusted again when by body wouldn't cooperate; she explained everything along the way and she cared about me as a person. I highly recommend working with Dr. Thornton.
RMA is large but I think that helps to ensure that they have quality doctors and lab. The downtown Soho office was more relaxed. Overall, I had a positive experience when compared with their large other competitor in NYC...Dr. Thornton was wonderful to work with throughout the challenging IVF process. I appreciated the time she took to check in with me and explain the protocols, etc.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I was 39.5 at the time of retrieval after a failed IVF with another doctor and many failed IUIs. Dr. Thornton adjusted my protocol and then adjusted again when by body wouldn't cooperate; she explained everything along the way and she cared about me as a person. I highly recommend working with Dr. Thornton.
We tried a few approaches but ended up with a protocol to help improve egg quality
great and organized
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
weekends were a bit of a challenge but overall fine and better compared to the other very large clinic in NYC.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
we had one healthy embryo to transfer after our cycle with Dr. Thornton which was great.
NY - Downtown

She [Dr. Sekhon] always greeted my partner and I, asked us how we were, made a point to say she was happy to see us. I felt like she was rooting for us. ... The treatment was not successful but I do feel like she gave me all the facts. She’s a realist, never emotional. I felt I could trust her and will be continuing on the next phase of my treatment with her.
Clinic [RMA of New York] was fine. The way they handle billing was slightly pushy. Generally good customer service. some of the staff who take blood are amateurs and every time I’d leave with bruises all over my arm. ... I had to call and tell them to send my prescription to the pharmacy. ... By my 3rd iui I felt the team was disorganized. I had to remind them once to put in my prescription. No sensitivity on the phone.
Ask lots of questions.
She always greeted my partner and I, asked us how we were, made a point to say she was happy to see us. I felt like she was rooting for us.
3 iui were not successful. We did 100 mg of clomid for all 3. My 3rd cycle I am not even sure it was working. First cycle I responded well, got pregnant, but miscarried.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic was fine. The way they handle billing was slightly pushy. Generally good customer service. some of the staff who take blood are amateurs and every time I’d leave with bruises all over my arm.
Around 1300
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had to call and tell them to send my prescription to the pharmacy.

2021 - 2022, 26 Eggs Frozen
each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that [Dr. Sekhon] remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort...took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic [RMA of New York] ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for...It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Without knowing it, Dr. Sekhon convinced me to move forward with egg freezing when I watched a presentation that she had given on the subject. When I met her and started working with her as my doctor, she was every much the champion of female fertility that I hoped she would be. She took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing. But more importantly to me, she made me feel comfortable throughout the process. After running into some physical difficulty during one of my consultations she insisted on putting my comfort first and gave me options to successfully continue treatment.
Even though my treatment did not require a lot of interaction with Dr. Sekhon herself, each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that she remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort. Her team was very responsive and helpful in guiding me on this journey. They took my questions seriously and never made me feel shy about asking.
My treatment strategy was pretty straight forward. Dr. Sekhon was diligent in monitoring and adjusting my hormone levels from day to day. As a result, we were able to retrieve more mature eggs than I could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
The nursing team at RMA made me feel cared for and in good hands. Even when there was a small mix up with one of my appointments, I only had positive interactions with the team. They were responsive to my questions and requests and never made me feel as if I was out on a ledge.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for. On the one occasion that I had to wait a little longer than usual in the exam room, a nurse came in to make sure that I was okay and to give me an update. It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic has monitoring hours but, they also allowed you to schedule your time. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen after my arrival and was usually out the door in 15-20 minutes. It was very efficient but also done with care.
I am fortunate to have employer provided fertility benefits that made the process very affordable relative to my income.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations... I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see he
[My IVF Coordinator at RMA of New York] was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done...[staff] was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person...Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most compassionate doctor I have ever worked with (fertility or otherwise). I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see her at transfers it was as if no time had past. She knew me, my history, and made me feel comfortable in a situation that could be categorized as extremely scary and uncomfortable.
Fertility treatments can be an extremely unknown and scary process. Trust that Dr. Sekhon is taking your situation into consideration and truly cares about your outcome with each step of the process.
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations. She often brought up my partner and spoke of her fondly (she could not join appointments due to covid). She was truly invested in the outcome of each procedure and answered any and all questions I had. I never felt rushed by her or that I was an inconvenience.
Dr. Sekhon had me start with an HSG to ensure I had no tubal blockage before starting treatment. If I had she would have made sure to focus on one ovary instead of the blocked. However, I did not have any blockages and started with two unmedicated IUI cycles as there was no reason to believe I couldn't get pregnant with just insemination. I did inject a trigger shot 36 hours before insemination. Due to having a limited number of Sperm Donor vials I consulted with Dr. Sekhon and we agreed moving to IVF would be a great next step. I worked with her team to get all documentation ready during IUI number two so we would be ready to move straight to IVF if needed. I did two egg retrievals using injectable stim medications and a trigger shot which both resulted in around 20 eggs being retrieved and 8 blastocysts sent of for PGT-A testing. I then had two frozen embryo transfers, the first not resulting in a pregnancy, and the second resulting in a pregnancy. Throughout both transfers I took Estrogen Pills and Progesterone injections to help maintain the pregnancy.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Going into any new doctor situation is nerve wracking as an LGBTQ person, however, Dr. Sekhon never made me feel that way. She spoke to me as a person who wanted to get pregnant and needed help with it. I never felt uncomfortable or judged. She was extremely knowledgeable and made sure to share all options I had when starting this process. When my first two rounds of IUI did not result in a pregnancy and I had limited donor sperm vials left she helped talk through the best options and how moving to IVF could be a better option for future planning for me and my wife.
My IVF Coordinator, Jennifer Needle, was instrumental throughout my egg retrievals and frozen embryo transfers. She was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done. She was always available to hop on a call and would respond to emails within the hour. If there were ever concerns or questions I knew she would be extremely helpful, even if she didn't have the answer, she would find the person who did.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is a wonderful practice full of caring practitioners. I have visited most of their office locations (Madison, Soho, and White Plains) and they each vary in their strengths and weaknesses. Madison is a large office and there is usually a short waiting period. The rooms are decent sized and while I never had my partner join me due to covid there would have been plenty of room. The Soho office is very small and intimate, but extremely efficient. The wait time for monitoring is typically no more than 5-10 minutes, they have a great system down. The exam rooms are extremely small and when my partner was able to join me for ultrasounds it was extremely cramped. However, the doctor was very mindful of this and always made sure to tell her where to stand to ensure she could see the screen. The White Plains office is a decent size, however constantly behind on their monitoring appointments, there were times I wasn't seen over an hour after my appointment time. Additionally, the front desk staff can sometimes be abrasive, you never know what to expect in this office, sometimes it is seamless in and out and others you're there for 30m-1h. However, the nurses at all locations were extremely thoughtful and helpful in each office and always made me feel cared for.
My insurance fully covered my fertility treatments so I only needed to pay my insurance deductible and out of pocket max ($7K).
Dr. Sekhon transfers only one embryo at a time. I was not concerned with this approach as I did not want there to be a chance of multiples. Dr. Sekhon explained her practice with this and I was aligned with her practices.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
RMA of NY was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person. While often this was something that didn't come up as my wife was unable to attend monitoring appointments due to covid, when she could join me everyone was welcoming and kind.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them. My cryobank had all of RMA's information already in their system and was able to deliver vials within one days time. I simply had to call my cryobank, tell them how many vials I wanted to ship and who my clinic was and they confirmed the information with me and set up the shipment. I would then send an email to a specific RMA email address with the shipment information and when they could expect arrival. I never had any issues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was gearing up for a transfer cycle at RMA. The day or two before my cycle started I received a call from one of the nurses informing me that I would not be able to complete a transfer cycle that month due to a government mandate that the IVF lab be closed for cleaning for the month. I understand that RMA had no control over when the government mandates this, but I would have liked to been given more notice as I had made specific plans surrounding this cycle.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions... I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!)...
Most monitoring appts [at RMA of New York] were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home...It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time...Coordinating messages from the phone staff to nurses, and playing phone tag, can sometimes be a pain, but they always get back to you. I always tried to be able to answer my phone when they called -- so that's an inconvenience but an understandable one!...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is warm, kind, direct, and knowledgable. She easily explained every part of the IVF process in a way I could understand (as someone who was brand new to all of this), and her empathetic yet directive approach made me trust her immediately. At decision points along the way, she laid out options and explained the multiple sides of things, providing guidance for my own decision-making. Her personal touches – phone calls during times of disappointment, emails about specific anxieties I had, and her bedside manner at appointments – made me feel safe, cared for, and confident in the team leading me through a challenging, complicated, miraculous journey.
If you've got questions and want to connect with her directly – reach out! I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!).
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions. Beyond Dr. Sekhon, her nurses and the staff at RMA were incredibly attentive.
For ERs: gonal, cetrotide, menopur, lupron/hcg trigger. I had a solid amount of follicles, so we focused on slow and steady growth. All of my follicles produced eggs that could be retrieved! For transfer: medicated cycle (but without birth control), estradoil, pio, synthroid, baby aspirin, lovenox.
Jennifer Needle, Julia, Jackie were all amazing!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most monitoring appts were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home. Sometimes I'd need to go to offices that were farther away so that I could be seen by Dr Sekhon or on a weekend, but that's just a part of the process. It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time.
We did 2 egg retrievals, 2 rounds of PGT-A/M testing, and 1 transfer. The cost for 1 ER + testing + transfer was around 20K. The additional retrieval + testing was around 15K.
We didn't discuss but since this was my first transfer and I do not struggle with infertility, I assume that's why we went with single!

2021 - 2022, Successful
From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she [Dr. Sekhon] was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff [at RMA of NY] and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel...Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Sekhon definitely showed compassion and genuine excitement for me and my partner to embark on this journey to having a baby. I felt like she did everything in her power to assist us in getting pregnant, including moving up the IUI date after one of my appointments.
I would say that it is a tiring but enjoyable experience. There are a lot of early mornings, so I would suggest getting accustomed to having appointments between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier depending on the appointment. I would also just keep in mind that you may not always see Dr. Sekhon for your appointments.
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing doctor! From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
Leading up to the IUI, Dr. Sekhon prescribed an Ovidrel injection that was given to me on the day before the IUI. My IUI was actually moved up 24 hours after an ultrasound. I'm not quite sure of the technical definition or reasoning, but in laymen's terms, it seemed that my egg was ready to be fertilized and moving the procedure up a day would potentially increase the chances of me getting pregnant.
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel. The situation played out poorly. I wasn't initially informed that the prescription had been sent to a certain pharmacy until a nurse called and told me just a few days before I would need to obtain the Ovidrel and bring it to my next appointment. I was a bit frantic after that phone call because my insurance wouldn't cover the prescription so I had to pay $200 out of pocket. Before I paid out of pocket, there was a lot of back and forth about sending the prescription to a different pharmacy from the nurses so eventually I was able to get the prescription from a pharmacy in Hoboken. Ultimately, it was a lot of miscommunication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier. I drove to most of my appointments at the Madison office, which for someone who lives in NJ costs tolls, but to the appointments at the Broadway office, I was able to take the PATH train and walk about 10-12 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but the commute early in the morning was the hardest thing for us.
During this process, I only had to pay for transportation to and from the clinic, and the Ovidrel, which wasn't covered by my insurance. Otherwise, I didn't have any other out of pocket expenses.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon made the time to listen and made us feel like our input matter, while she provided professional and helpful advice. It seemed as if she was always on top of our case, making necessary and timely changes to our treatment and advocating for next moves that felt best aligned with our interests....She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year.
RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience....nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My ob-gyn recommended Dr. Sekhon, and my husband and I were very glad we went to see her and felt we were in good hands since the initial consult. Being new to the whole process, I was honestly a little overwhelmed at first, but Dr. Sekhon was professional and educational about what our treatment would look like and took the time to clearly explain the process and plan. She never tried to push the plan, which we appreciated. During our journey, our situation had changed, and Dr. Sekhon quickly realized we needed a change in plan. She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Sekhon was patient with answering MANY of my questions about pregnancy. Overall, my husband and I thought Dr. Sekhon was trustworthy and dependable, and we are highly satisfied!
We would tell a prospective patient to manage their expectations around how much they will be working directly with their primary RMA doctor. We understand that RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience.
Dr. Sekhon recommended that we start with three rounds of IUI (only three because the success rate really drops after that) and then re-evaluate for IVF if unsuccessful. During IUI, I took Letrozole for a few days pre-ovulation then had an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. The IUI rounds were unsuccessful, and along the way, we also saw that the sperm analysis was not ideal, so my husband consulted with Dr. Barhama, a urologist with RMA. We then began an IVF cycle using Gonal/F, Menopur, and Cerotide to prepare for retrieval (grow as many eggs) and the Lupron trigger shot right before retrieval. During the transfer cycle, I took Estrace and Progesterone in oil to prepare my uterine lining. I continued these medications after the transfer and also into my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had. Special callout to Nurse Jackie! She always seemed to be listening to my questions/concerns and was compassionate to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - organized, convenient locations in NYC, all staff are courteous and professional. Weaknesses - sometimes we didn't get our requested appointment times or didn't get a communication at all and needed to call the office the morning of.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
We got our requested appointment times and waits were minimal. We typically were able to see Dr. Sekhon (but not always).
Both our IUI and IVF cycles were most covered by our insurance. Some things during the IVF process were not covered such as the anesthesiologist and lab testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We just didn't receive appointment time confirmations once or twice.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well...Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly...available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed...
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator [at RMA of New York] and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support...RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently...you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well. She's obviously very passionate about serving her community of patients and was super available over email whenever I had questions about anything. Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly. I've already recommended her to two other friends who are patients of hers now as well. I'm very fortunate that she has been my doctor. My experience with Dr. Sekhon and her team was great.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to clarify! Dr. Sekhon is very patient and knowledgable but she can't know what you are thinking or worrying about unless you tell her.
Dr. Sekhon and her nurse team (Jennifer was great as well) were with me through the two years of cycles that we managed. They counseled me, were available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed.
The protocol varied for egg retrieval versus embryo transfer. For the transfer (which was successful on the first try - amazing), I was placed on progesterone (injected) and estrogen (pills twice a day). After the transfer, Dr. Sekhon needed to increase my progesterone and added progesterone pills (vaginal) and increased estrogen to 3x a day. Obviously, I've been extremely fortunate so far and the transfer has resulted in an active pregnancy (nearing the end of my first trimester).
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently. It's staffed with excellent doctors and nurses and you always feel you have some of the best working on your procedures. Please know that because of working hours, etc., if you have a more demanding job that is less flexible, that means that you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule and it was so refreshing to be able to do that and have that level of flexibility. It also meant that i didn't have to explain any absences or tell anyone at work unless I chose to do so. Big staff and big operation but great people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine and was extremely accommodating to my personal work schedule.
Given the lack of any known fertility issues, Dr. Sekhon felt a single embryo transfer would be fine and she was correct.

2021, 30 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times...I felt informed about all aspects of the process...I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her...
Jennifer [nurse at RMA of New York] was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions...The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience as Dr. Sekhon's patient. Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times. My experience was completely in line with what Dr. Sekhon outlined at my initial consultation, and I felt informed about all aspects of the process. I would highly recommend egg freezing in general to any of my friends, and I feel my positive experience was in large part due to being in Dr. Sekhon's care.
Dr. Sekhon put me at ease and was patient in answering all questions throughout the process. I consistently felt that Dr. Sekhon was patient and thorough in all of her interactions with me. Because of the nature of the monitoring appointments, I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her.
Antagonist protocol with dual trigger
Jennifer was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I chose RMA because of the doctors there and its reputation, and I had an overall positive experience. The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
Egg freezing is covered by my employer in full after meeting my out-of-pocket max ($1500) so my expenses were minimal relative to the total cost.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands...She was easily accessible by email and phone...While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings...She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator...
Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA [of New York], while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner...The clinic was not always helpful in coordinating care with Pharmacy. I had the most challenges with the RN assigned to my care...She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent doctor. She is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands. While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings. She was easily accessible by email and phone. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as a doctor. She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator.
I would have liked to have all appointments with Dr. Sekhon.
Dr. Sekhon answered all of the questions I had in a very timely manner. She was also very kind in dealing with my numerous questions.
I had a standard IVF process, where I took medication in preparation for the egg retrieval, had egg retrieval and the next cycle had 5-day frozen embryo transplant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie )
While Dr. Sekhon was amazing, I did not have the same experience with her Nurse, Connie. She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present. She was the only who called with my blood results, and those calls felt very rushed. I did not often get to ask follow up questions (which was OK I guess because I emailed those to Dr. Sekhon and she got back to me within the same day (if not within hrs!))
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: fast and convenient Weakness: I saw the medical assistance for blood draw the most, since they were in such a hurry the care did not feel personalized. I felt more like a factory (which I guess is the cost of being fast, but I wonder if there could be some balance because I spent more time with the medical assistants who drew my blood). Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA, while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner.
I paid for co-pays for each ultrasound/blood retrieval ($20/visit), anesthesia for egg retrieval, and co-pays for medication.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me...The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole.
[the RMA of NY staff] were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedul
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I wish I had Lucky in my life sooner--as early as my teen years! (Although that wouldve been impossible as were about the same age!) Not only was she able to help us get pregnant but she improved my quality of life. I was a long time sufferer from PCOS plus uterine fibroids--but I didn't know how bad they had gotten until Lucky & her colleague Leigh Rosen explained everything to me. I didn't know how much my fibroids & PCOS had been monopolizing my every day. I felt truly cared for, Lucky was not just treating my symptoms (as many doctors have in the past...), she was treating the causes. I felt like I was speaking to a caring friend. She made me feel comfortable in a way that I haven't felt about other physicians. She is knowledgeable & truly cares about sharing information. Lucky changed my life & I'll never forget that.
Lucky is incredibly high functioning & she'll get you the answers that you're looking. Don't go "down the rabbit hole" of the internet to try to figure things out on your own, reach out to Lucky instead. She will listen to you. Be your own advocate--it's ok to confirm next steps, to re-confirm information & to remind Lucky about some of the details of your case. The fertility journey is intense. Take notes before & during your visit. Write down questions ahead of time so that you don't forget to ask them when you have time with Lucky. Take notes so that you can review them after your appointment & feel free to email follow up questions to Lucky or your IVF nurse. Sometimes it will feel like you're getting a deluge of information & it's ok to take the time to process all of it.
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me, when I started to feel crazy. She encouraged me to reach out to her instead of attempting to do my own research. I often felt like I was the only one in her care, especially as she advised us on everything from next steps to surgery to the Covid vaccines.
My treatment strategies were very dependent on my diagnosis of uterine fibroids, PCOS & my age. I had ovulation challenges due to my diagnosis. The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole. My fibroids required an adominal myomectomy (after an MRI indicated that I had about 25 fibroids of varying sizes, one being quite large), so a major surgery& recovery time had to be factored into our treatment. We landed on IVF, based on Lucky's guidance around our best chances of becoming pregnant. & to preserve our fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance "Connie" Schmidt)
Connie was awesome. She called after every appointment & followed up with an email after the call. The email summarized everything we talked about plus any instructions that we discussed, in terms of treatment, medications, administerings meds, etc. Sometimes Connie had to deliver not so great news, if Lucky couldn't get back to us right away & she was alwasy compassionate & patient. Connie is very knowledgeable & she would be quick to offer tips & tricks to help make something easier. I never felt rushed on the phone or via email. It was truly a team effort & we were lucky to have Connie on our team too.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We started visiting RMA in April of 2020 & throughout the pandemic. It was intense, but all of the precautions that the clinic took to keep their patients & staff safe, comfortable & healthy were impressive. They were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedule. Rarely was the waiting room crowded--I felt comfortable & socially distanced. I've heard nightmare stories about other clinics... we were so grateful that we were with RMA.
Thanks to our insurance & the RMA Finance team, our appointments, IVF procedures & most of our medications were covered by our insurance & our $25k lifetime maximum for fertility treatments. We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing of our embryos. We were not charged for meeting with Rena Gower, the clinic's therapist (this was a service that we found very helpful).
Lucky advised that transferring one embryo is a best practice, as multiples are considered high-risk. In order to ensure our best chances for a healthy pregnancy, delivery & baby, a single embryo transfer was best for us.
2021, Successful
Because we were transferring frozen embryos and had had one previous successful pregnancy, this round seemed pretty straight-forward. Dr. Sekhon was also straight-forward in her communication...originally planed to each do co-IVF, but we learned in our first consultation that I had low ovarian reserve and that I was not a good candidate for IVF...had my wife do two retrievals, resulting in 8 healthy embryos, which we froze until we were ready to transfer.
This clinic [RMA of New York] is very organized and runs very smoothly. The staff is very professional and competent. In both of my transfer experiences I felt that the course of the full treatment was never explained to me, so I didn't know what to expect. The second time around, I had a memory of the first time, but this didn't help with my anxiety...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Because we were transferring frozen embryos and had had one previous successful pregnancy, this round seemed pretty straight-forward. Dr. Sekhon was also straight-forward in her communication. I had more of an experience with Dr. Davis, who is no longer with the practice. He was extremely warm and comforting. He handled my wife's two retrievals and my first embryo transfer.
Dr. Sekhon took over for Dr. Davis. We originally planed to each do co-IVF, but we learned in our first consultation that I had low ovarian reserve and that I was not a good candidate for IVF. We think had my wife do two retrievals, resulting in 8 healthy embryos, which we froze until we were ready to transfer. Dr. Davis transfered the first embryo, which was a success. Dr. Sekhon transfered the second, which was a success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses were helpful with the medication calls and when I had a COVID scare/false alarm. Jennifer Needle was very helpful with coordinating my care and with answering my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is very organized and runs very smoothly. The staff is very professional and competent. In both of my transfer experiences I felt that the course of the full treatment was never explained to me, so I didn't know what to expect. The second time around, I had a memory of the first time, but this didn't help with my anxiety. The first time, no one told me to start taking prenatal vitamins, for example, until it was casually mentioned before the transfer (assuming I had already started). The same happened when it was time to schedule with the OB, no one told me when it was time to do that, which was a problem the first time around.
We did single embryo transfers each time because we fortunately had very high quality embryos to choose from.
NY - Downtown

[Dr. Kimberley Thornton] presented information in such a way that we were empowered to make our own informed decisions...friendly, generous, and exceptionally well-informed about the best treatments, research, and options...warm and supportive during visits, ultrasounds, all the little interactions that build a relationship. I felt she cared about our family and helping us achieve our goals.
the large multi-office structure [RMA of New York] means someone will always be available and on-call to answer questions, or for procedures...so big that some details got lost between entities- it was tough getting all the paperwork completed and the IVF process started initially, especially when we ran into issues with out insurance company...[nurse] was unfailingly kind, compassionate, and helpful throughout a process that can be quite sensitive...
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Very informed and good at conveying specific information about options, pros and cons, risks, etc. She presented information in such a way that we were empowered to make our own informed decisions. It was a good balance of offering expert guidance without pressuring. She was also warm and supportive during visits, ultrasounds, all the little interactions that build a relationship. I felt she cared about our family and helping us achieve our goals. She always took time to answer my many questions, even when they were just out of curiosity. I found her to her to be friendly, generous, and exceptionally well-informed about the best treatments, research, and options.
Book a consultation!
Dr. Thornton spoke directly and compassionately with me and my partner - she always inquired into my well-being (not just test results) and remembered us from visit to visit.
We started with three rounds of medicated IUI. That did not work, and we then moved to IVF. We used ICSI and PGS testing.
Melissa Moro was unfailingly kind, compassionate, and helpful throughout a process that can be quite sensitive, emotionally, and involves many ups and downs. There were many others on the nursing staff who were kind to me, as well - the woman who hugged me when I was crying before an IUI, the woman who took my blood each morning and made me feel welcome and strong.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: the large multi-office structure means someone will always be available and on-call to answer questions, or for procedures. Individuals within RMA, such as a particular receptionist named N'Dia, were wonderfully friendly and discreet, always made me feel welcome and seen - like a human rather than a test result. Weakness - the structure is so big that some details got lost between entities- it was tough getting all the paperwork completed and the IVF process started initially, especially when we ran into issues with out insurance company.
About $6000 after insurance
She strongly recommended single embryo and did a good job of explaining why, given my heath issues.