Natan Bar-Chama

200 West 57th St
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Knopman] was impatient and had her own agenda. Despite the fact that I was young and had no major medical problems, almost immediately tried to push me to IVF without doing any testing and after having gone only several cycles with her without much monitoring....Dr. Knopman skipped right over IUI and said we should do IVF. Her reason for this was" "Well you want to get pregnant now, don't you?" When we told her we were uncomfortable with this, she said, fine, i will let you do IUI twice, but then after that, I will only do IVF. That sort of ultimatum was a huge turnoff and we left.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I was sent to RMA by my original gynecologist - who I am no longer with - when I told her I was not ovulating after going of birth control. She said Dr. Knopman saw many young women and would be great for this. Upon meeting Dr. Knopman however I was unimpressed. She was Impatient and had her own agenda. Despite the fact that I was young and had no major medical problems, almost immediately tried to push me to IVF without doing any testing and after having gone only several cycles with her without much monitoring. She wasn't very sensitive about the process and I would definitely not recommend her. You get the sense with Knopman and RMA that they have an agenda, and that is to perform IVF. They talked about IVF the first time we ever met with them, when we were simply there because I still wasn't ovulating since going of Birth Control 9 months prior. After cycling with her 3 times on medicated cycles with regular intercourse, Dr. Knopman skipped right over IUI and said we should do IVF. Her reason for this was" "Well you want to get pregnant now, don't you?" When we told her we were uncomfortable with this, she said, fine, i will let you do IUI twice, but then after that, I will only do IVF. That sort of ultimatum was a huge turnoff and we left.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Not to use her.
Jaime Knopman

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] was warm and thorough and realistic while being optimistic. I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into- i was prepared for him to be much more pessimistic, but he made me feel hopeful while also aware of everything at each stage...He took the time to explain everything to me and was warm...Clomid for first cycle. then injectibles for the next cycle. No results for the first two cycles. I continued injectibles for the next two cycles but didn't follow through with the IUIs. He encouraged me along the way, and was very supportive of acupuncture and other non-western methods.
It's [RMA of New York] large and not very private- i understood that there was a "factory-like" element to the clinic but i was pleasantly surprised by the compassion and effort and time I was given...Clomid for first cycle. then injectibles for the next cycle. No results for the first two cycles. I continued injectibles for the next two cycles but didn't follow through with the IUIs. He encouraged me along the way, and was very supportive of acupuncture and other non-western methods.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was warm and thorough and realistic while being optimistic. I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into- i was prepared for him to be much more pessimistic, but he made me feel hopeful while also aware of everything at each stage.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Appreciate his straightforwardness. Not a ton of hand-holding but he did make me feel cared for and cared about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He took the time to explain everything to me and was warm.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's large and not very private- i understood that there was a "factory-like" element to the clinic but i was pleasantly surprised by the compassion and effort and time I was given.

2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Sandler was very knowledgeable and kind. In the beginning he explained everything to us almost like a high school health class, making sure we undertood everything. The doctors at RMA work as a team and we liked all of them...Both Dr. Sandler and my ivf coordinator always spoke to us as kindly and explained everything clearly and kindly...Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors [at RMA of New York] and you won't know who will be doing what procedure...[Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors and you won't know who will be doing what procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Keri Bergin)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
We were lucky to have insurance cover 1 cycle
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Flisser] pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of Clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway. I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances.
At every monitoring session [at RMA New York], I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor...In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, [the nurses] will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear...It was always extremely busy, but I was always seen pretty quickly- within an hour of arrival.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances. He asked questions about what we wanted our family to be and how many children we wanted. He pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Be very clear about what you want, and ask specific questions. You'll get specific answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
At every monitoring session, I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor. Also, Dr Flisser answered (promptly) his own emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, they will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear.
Eric Flisser
2006 - 2014, Successful
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Share all your fears and hopes (re infertility issues)with Dr g. He'll put u at ease and will respond truthfully without giving false hope or unrealistic expectations albeit with a Healthy dose of hope
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Spoke in a language we can understand.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Clomid, iui's and finally ivf when all else failed
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very thorough, gave instructions clearly and in and understansavle fashion

2014, Successful
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important... They [the nurses] all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
Daniel Stein
2014, Successful
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.
Joshua Klein
Brooklyn
2014, Successful
Dr. Mukherjee [at RMA of New York] was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis...[He] is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis.
Dr. Mukherjee is warm, has a good bedside manner and explains things thoroughly but easy to understand.
Dr. Mukherjee is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Grunfeld at RMA of New York] knows what he is doing and gets results. His bedside manner could be better, but he genuinely believes in what he is doing....Be prepared to be inundated with information. Make sure to come with your questions prepared because he will talk over you otherwise. That being said, he always gives thorough answers to questions...The wait time can be long. Arrive early to ensure being seen in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He knows what he is doing and gets results. His bedside manner could be better, but he genuinely believes in what he is doing.
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
NY - Downtown

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.
Joshua Klein

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time... CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING [for monitoring appointments].
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman was completely lovely and extremely knowledgeable. I never felt she talked down to me, and she kept me absolutely as informed as I wanted to be throughout the entire process. She did an excellent job as evidenced by results and also my personal experiences with her.
Listen to what she says - she knows what she is talking about and won't beat around the bush. If you have to see other doctors make sure you have her cell phone number in case something goes wrong when you are not with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I could not have loved Jaime Knapman more. She gave it to me straight in a way that let me know she respected my intelligence, but she did it with warmth and grace. She told me all the upsides and downsides, always answered my questions honestly and eagerly, and to top it all off has a good sense of humor. When I had an issue after my retrieval (which was not done by her due to timing out of our control) she was there with me on cell over the weekend going above and beyond.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember exactly, but I looked back in my emails and these were the drugs I purchased: Ganirelix 250 mcg x 4 Follistim Cartridge 900 IU x 3 Menopur 75 IU Vials x 25 I did them in varying levels and I had a lot of Menopur left over (5 or 6 vials). My trigger shot was switched at the end from Ovidrel to the other one because I was growing a LOT of eggs and they were afraid I would over-stim (which I did). I had a very successful result but it was extremely painful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erica Weinberg)
I was really on top of calling them and emailing them to make sure I knew everything I had to do. I think I would advise that all patients do this. The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING. NO WIFI!!! NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Jaime Knopman

2011 - 2013, Successful
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient... Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics... Expect good results but not a lot of hand holding and warm cozy feelings. They run a very efficient factory with high ratings but not touchy-feely.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient. As if I were greedy wanting to try to have a second child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics. Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First cycle was just IUI, second used ovidrel and IUI, third was Clomid, Ovidril and IUI (I had severe reaction to Clomid), 4th was injectable with Ovidril and IUI (result ectopic). Last was injections, egg retrieval, IVF, 3 embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth, 1 embryo frozen. 1 year later, embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They answered questions but I didn't get a lot of compassion at missed attempts or after ruptured ectopic that almost killed me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Usually convenient. I was there at odd hours but could be forced to wait, especially my second experience, almost as a vendetta even if I was the first patient there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
~15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Office staff were quite rude. They would chat or take other patients in before me forcing me to wait extensively for what appeared to be personal dislike. I overheard them discussing me as "weird" as if that justified being unprofessional.

2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He personalay follows his patients through their treatments and he makes the decisions about medications and timing. Not all doctors do that, even at RMA. We got pregnant very quickly while working with Dr. Grunfeld. Some people say he is not warm and fuzzy and I am sure there are doctors who rate higher on that metric, but he is not cold, and gets results
The staff [at RMA of New York] was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is excellent at giving information and explaining your situation. We saw him for a second opinion and just looking through my chart from another clinic, he gave me lots of information the original doctor had not, even though it was the other doctor's chart. He also gave me more information following a physical exam. He explains things well and answers questions well. When we got bad news during one cycle, he was immediately available and followed up quickly and thorouthly. I also felt his information was realistic.
Don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly (coordinator) Carrie (nurse).)
The staff was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is very well run and very warm. The doctors have coordinators and nurses who work their patients. I went for screening at the East side location and in Brooklyn. Sometimes screening in Brooklyn could take a long time because there was only one doctor. You could always meet with a nurse during screening too.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Screening was in the morning. I generally tried to get there early and did not wait long. The doctors at the East side location did not spend a lot of time with you but you could see a nurse. In Brooklyn, the doctor would spend more time and would generally give you a lot of information about your exam and answer questions but you could also wait longer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
We were covered by insurance
2010 - 2013, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Copperman] is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good.
It [RMA of New York] feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
he is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good. i did have some losses, one in particular that was devastating, and he was very helpful. at the end of the day i owe my two amazing sons to him.
he is a clinician first with a high volume practice. you will get pregnant there but he won't be your best friend.
it feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
i dont remember sorry. i think I blocked it all out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: anne)
anne and hilde were absolutely amazing. they were my first cycles for my oldest. Second time around his staff was not nearly as good. HIlde was in midwifery school so wasn't as available and anne was out on maternity leave. one nurse gave me a dosage error during an iVF cycle and nearly destroyed the cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
factory. front desk staff probably dealt with way too many hormonal women to count and now is in robot mode.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
ugh. you had to wait. you didnt know if it would be 10 minutes or 40 minutes. during a 10 day cycle its awful when you are racing to get to work. The waiting room is absolutely packed. And they make you go back into the waiting room between blood and doctor sonogram (in 2010/2011 you went right in). general impression of the difference between 2010/2011 and 2013/2014 was that they got too big too fast
we had 5 cycles. insurance paid for 2 and change but even after that the doctor's visits were covered by coinsurance. it was just the transfer, retrieval, ICSI, etc that wasn't covered. Probably 20K out of pocket for all of it
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
one of the nurses gave incorrect hormone information during an IVF cycle. it was caught when I asked a question to a different nurse as I contrasted what she said to my prior day's instructions. Doctor called me immediately and had me come in the next day. At the end of the day we were still able to do the retrieval.
2012 - 2013, Successful
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal...but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman....Hilda [nurse at RMA of New York] became like a friend she was wonderful and always talked me through everything.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Around $40k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One time they told me I was ovulating and then days later I wasn't producing progesterone and a nurse told me I can't get pregnant if I don't have progesterone. Turns out I got a cist it wasn't my egg and I ovulated later in the month.

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me... He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval.
I did not have a good experience with him [Dr. Klein] and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was almost malicious to me during a post-surgery complication. He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval. I left the surgery with no pain medication, called that afternoon received no help, and when I called again that night he yelled at me for calling the answering service and bother him (it was only 10pm) and sent me to the ER rather than help me by ordering a simple pain medication. Even my normal doctor at RMA was horrified.
I did not have a good experience with him and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me. I was truly horrified.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
After my surgery on a Saturday afternoon I called to inquire about pain meds (I hadn't been given any) and they told me they couldn't connect me to a doctor.
2011 - 2013, Successful
Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable...Always knew who I was and my history. When I found out my pregnancy had lost the heartbeat while he was doing an ultrasound he was unbelievably kind
Get to the office [RMA of New York] early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to access records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc...The waiting area was always packed but I don't see anything that could be done about that...Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor. Working with infertility patients takes compassion, patience and understanding on top of skill. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone with knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Get to the office early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to acces records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I don't remember exactly, but I believe I paid @$12,000 per cycle

2010 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld was great. There were other doctors in the practice that I didn't like nearly as much.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Straightforward but also warm.
Try and schedule your monitoring for days that he'll be there.

2012, Unsuccessful
I felt this doctor [Dr Mukherjee at RMA] was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Just bad. Also, see my comments from the human section. He was hard to get a hold of. He was pushy pushy to IVG IV[F] I have to add. He dismissed my symptoms that I later learned pointed to endometriosis. AND later, I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. The funny (or not so funny) thing is, I read in NY Magazine that he is the expert in endometriosis. He totally unprofessionally told us how terrible another doctor we had met with was.
I felt this doctor was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
He wanted us to do IVF right away. He did not believe in immune treatment. We did a couple medicated IUIs with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I felt they were disorganized and some of them were just rude.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic felt like a factory. Sometimes wait times were very long.
Mostly covered by insurance bc we just did IUIS

2009 - 2012, Successful
[Dr. Muckherjee] Spoke to me like a real person with a brain; wasn't flustered when I got emotional; spent time explaining things; was positive but honest.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I know of no weaknesses. He was the ideal doctor for me and I would recommend him to anyone for ART, and I have referred friends to him many times.
Be realistic and patient with the process. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: don't recall name)
Intelligence
2009 - 2012, Successful
Dr Sandler was very personable and remembered previous discussions and was very honest...The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem.
The entire staff [at RMA of New York] is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem...It's like a factory during monitoring hours, otherwise it's clean and the staff is friendly and competent.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
The entire staff is great, but I wouldn't recommend this facility if the male partner is the problem
Be patient
Corteous, professional and thorough
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a factory; get there as early as possible or you could be there for a long time
Between 9,000-10,000 a cycle and about 300-350 in medication co-pays
2007 - 2011, Successful
I felt like a human. The only problem I had was that I was always asked to sign in when I arrived at the office and then the sign in sheet was left out for everyone to see. I was concerned about my privacy and how the lack thereof could affect me at work. The receptionist laughed about me crossing out my name when I left, and I told her that it wouldn't be funny if I lost my job. Hopefully they've become more careful about privacy.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I interviewed one other doctor and much preferred Dr. Klein. Convenience was a factor but I also prefered Dr. Klein's manner. He did not recommend medication for me (at age 36) and the other doctor did. I got pregnant on my first try, with two back to back IUI's. I didn't love that when I talked about tracking my fertility he called that the "loosy goosy method." I actually found ovulation predictor kits ineffective but have a good sense of when I'm ovulating, so didn't need them. I also was on thyroid medication and dropped off my blood test results with him, expecting that he would manage that, but I got the feeling that he never looked at them, and was told by the receptionist that he wouldn't. That's fine. I found another endocrinologist to manage that during my pregnancy, but would have felt much safer being told that right away. I didn't know what questions to ask. I still recommend him, but recommend that you make sure to ask if there are any concerns so you know what is in his domain and what isn't. All in all, I got what I went there for and ended up very happy. Oh- inseminations had to be performed in the city but I was able to have all the testing done in White Plains.
Just talk to them about privacy if that's a concern for you, and ask questions about any medical concerns so you know if you need to see another specialist as well.
Simple IUI, back to back. I had to get them paperwork in order to have the sperm sent there. I had a blood test to check my FSH levels. Then I went in when I suspected that I was ovulating and had an ultra sound. He recomended a trigger shot just to make sure that the egg would be released at the right time, being that all the inseminations only happened in the mornings. He didn't go over whether this carried any risk and I didn't ask. He did not recommend any medication and I didn't need any. Inseminations were fine, doctors were nice and wished me luck. After the inseminations I was asked to come in for a blood test, maybe in two weeks to determine pregnancy. I got the call later that day and asked how strong the numbers were (someone who had been through fertility treatments told me to ask). She told me what range was good and what mine were. She told me to come back in a few days later for another blood test to see if the numbers doubled. Then at 6 weeks maybe, I went in to hear the heart beat. Soon after he referred me to an OB practice and wished me well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Honestly, I mostly worked directly with Dr. Klein but I don't remember any negative interactions with anyone other than a receptionist who found my concern for privacy amusing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
all said already- weakness back in 2007, having to sign in and let everyone see your name everything else was positive
I think my insurance covered everything but the sperm.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I made the mistake of assuming that the doctor would pay attention to my thyroid levels and make sure that they were what they should be with my pregnancy. It turns out that I needed to see a specialist to handle that and I think when asking about my medical history they should have told me to make sure there was a specialist managing my throid levels for pregnancy instead of just ignoring it until I happened to ask.
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
We felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
Was most impressed with the office staff and Dr. Copperman's assistant [Heidi]. Wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I started fertility treatment with Coppermann be finding his name on this list of top doctors in the New York Times. He does his treatment in cycles of 3 which I liked - therefor I had 3 cycles of clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's with him. I would not describe Coppermann as particularly warm with a great bedside manner- he did explain the process and answer all out questions but at times we felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
I would say demand the attention. Ask for sit-downs with the doctor before and after treatment. Do your research and homework.
was most impressed with the office staff - Heidi was Dr. Coppermann's nurse and I did feel like she genuinely cared about what we were going through. She was very patient and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
felt they tried to make it as bearable as possible- patient, took time to make sure you understood everything. Gave us medication from own supply when we had run out -, organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
went in for early monitoring hours before work so was convenient - 7am -9am - wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
2010 - 2011, Successful
Email him [Dr Jeffrey Klein of RMA of New York in Westchester ] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell. him [Dr Jeffrey Klein] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was great especially on email he would get right back to us. Office is very busy but assume that is the case with all clinics.
Email him any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
Dr Klein took the time and met with my husband and I on multiple occasions. One time he felt like he didn't answer all my questions and called me later that day when he had more time to talk. It was very scary time not knowing the outcome but he was great
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses were good. Got to know them by first name.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Was pretty quick and first come first serve so i tried to get there early since I had a long commute to the city after my appt
20k