Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2018 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Mukherjee is] very quick and direct. He’s not emotional and doesn’t do any hand holding. He doesn’t give any extra information. But he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced and he does answer all of my millions of questions patiently...I did single transfer every time, which is what I wanted. There was no reason to think multiple was necessary.
Strengths [of RMA of NY] is that it’s big, doctors are very experienced, the whole practice is very experienced and well oiled. If you want a smaller more attentive approach, maybe this is not the place for you but this place feels like the gold standard of fertility care...transfer is 4k each time. IUI I think was 1k each time. Egg retrieval much more, maybe around 11k
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He’s very quick and direct. He’s not emotional and doesn’t do any hand holding. He doesn’t give any extra information. But he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced and he does answer all of my millions of questions patiently.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
His staff is amazing and he is quick to answer any questions. Very direct. I feel comfortable given his level of expertise that has become apparent throughout my years in his care, but don’t expect a particularly warm bedside manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He is a very straight forward, no nonsense doctor. I like that about him. But he is not necessarily warm and doesn’t hold your hand.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My IUI was unmedicated, I had no diagnosed fertility issues. For my co-IVF, where I transferred my wife’s embryo, I was given progesterone, estrogen, medrol, azithromiacin, and baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia Woodson)
All of the nurses and my care coordinator are amazing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths is that it’s big, doctors are very experienced, the whole practice is very experienced and well oiled. If you want a smaller more attentive approach, maybe this is not the place for you but this place feels like the gold standard of fertility care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. I almost never have to wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I know transfer is 4k each time. IUI I think was 1k each time. Egg retrieval much more, maybe around 11k but I can’t remember for sure.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Mostly only on weekends. I just had to call again and clarify and it was fixed.

2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive...After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI...always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns...
the office [RMA of New York] is extremely organized and communicative...Fast responders...Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away...Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was the first specialist I saw and had great success. I had a consultation with him in October, and am now pregnant with twins. I found out over Thanksgiving weekend, so was successful on our first try! I always knew that I had a mild form of PCOS (multiple follicles on each ovary, irregular periods, and anovulatory cycles). So, after a few short months off of birth control I knew I needed to see a specialist. Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either. He also had absolutely no judgements since most specialists say you need to wait a year of trying, but he knew there was no point in that for a patient with PCOS. After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI. The process was beyond easy to say the least as the office is extremely organized and communicative. Dr. Flisser was amazing, got us through the process, always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns, and was so excited when we heard the first two little heartbeats at just 6 weeks! He has such a calming personality, and we are so lucky to have found a doctor like him! We are so thankful for Dr. Flisser, and would recommend him to anyone trying to start a family. He is your guy! Run - don't walk!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Voice all of your concerns. I guarantee he'll be able to help you through them.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I took Letrozole cycle day 3-7 (5mg at night). Day 13 had an ultrasound and found 2 big follicles on each ovary (20 MM), and did an Ovidrel trigger shot. Day 14 did the IUI.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing. Organized. Communicative. Fast responders. Couldn't recommend them enough. All of the doctors there are great as well. I don't have any weaknesses. Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Mukherjee did an excellent job with my care. I do wish I could have seen him a bit more often, but I understand that he has a life and many other patients as well. He was very responsive to email and made sure to call me when there was something serious going on. ... When I was worried about my bHCG numbers with my second pregnancy, he called me to reassure me. He made sure to do 2/3 of my embryo transfers.
However, the day to day process [at RMA - East Side] made me feel like a number. The morning monitoring situation was insane, like a cattle call. And the daily updates and instructions were given by a nurse. ... 99 percent of the time, the nursing staff was amazing. I learned to request specific nurses for bloodwork as my veins are difficult.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Make sure to advocate for yourself. Do your research and ask about all possible options, don’t just do exactly what they tell you to do, find out why.
I felt like a human during my meetings with Dr Mukherjee. When I was worried about my bHCG numbers with my second pregnancy, he called me to reassure me. He made sure to do 2/3 of my embryo transfers. However, the day to day process made me feel like a number. The morning monitoring situation was insane, like a cattle call. And the daily updates and instructions were given by a nurse.
I don’t remember specifics for my retrieval cycle. For my most recent transfer cycle, vaginal progesterone was used in addition to oral progesterone and estrogen. I feel that my progesterone levels fluctuated a lot and I wonder if vaginal progesterone was the best option. Especially because this most recent transfer resulted in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
99 percent of the time, the nursing staff was amazing. I learned to request specific nurses for bloodwork as my veins are difficult. Liza and Sima were the only ones who could get my blood painlessly every time. My one negative experience was during my first cycle. I was not responding as well as we had hoped to the medication and it looked like I was not going to get very many eggs. I was sobbing in the nurses office and she was not at all compassionate and basically just suggested we try another round. We were paying out of pocket and at the time could not afford another round so that was not at all helpful.
My doctor had a very strong preference for single embryo transfer. His reasoning made sense, I was seeing him for a genetic disorder that can cause pregnancy to be high risk, so we didn’t want to increase the risk by having a multiple pregnancy.
Tanmoy Mukherjee

I would say this, out of the 6 clinics I have been to, Dr. Flisser has been the most reliable, organized and trustworthy doctor. He made me feel at ease with my procedure. He is very knowledgeable in his work, his bedside manners were great and his empathy for his patients is amazing. He made sure that when I left to continue with my obstetrician I was in the right hands...We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer...He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation.
The clinic [RMA of New York] can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming...My nurse and care coordinator were great communicators and worked really well as a team. I would always recieve a phone call and email with instructions.They would also write and say in every email to feel free to contact them whenever I had questions. It made me feel comfortable in turning to them for anything.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please be open to his suggestions and recommendations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is very personable and caring. He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation. He also kept his word about being there during the embryo transfer. He went above and beyond.
We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer. The medications prescribed included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, HCG, Estrace, Medrol and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming.

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.
NY - Eastside

I felt very comfortable under Dr. Flisser’s care. He was always clear, efficient, friendly and patient. He answered any and all questions I had and put me at ease whenever I was nervous. He performed my transfer and explained the whole procedure to me beforehand and walked me through it. I felt very comfortable and confident...See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
I loved RMA! It always felt so clean- waiting room and examining rooms! I loved that there was a coffee machine and a water machine in the waiting room and plenty of seating. The office was run very efficiently! It was easy to sign in and check out. Everyone was always friendly and helpful!...Courtney was my IVF coordinator and was excellent at responding to my emails in a very timely manner. She was always friendly, patient, kind and so helpful. I never felt like I was a bother to her, even if I had sent numerous emails. She was great!
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved that the monitoring hours started so early (at 7am) because I was able to go without being late for work. My recommendation would be to get there early! The earlier you arrive, the less time you have to wait. As it gets closer to the middle to end of the monitoring hours window, there tends to be more people.

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He’s very thorough. During the consolation Dr. Sandler goes over the whole reproductive process, your chances of conceiving and the full overview of what to expect. I was just hesitant going to a for profit place. But I’m on to my 3rd doctor and feel that I have to give RMA a fair chance too. The nurses seem to be there to support you along the way. I will say the nurses who draw blood aren’t as good as Columbia but I’m sure I can get over that. I felt that other places were too conservative and didn’t understand my rush even though I’m 36.
The waiting time [at RMA-NY- East Side] isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all... The total cost will probably be around $20k. We did an IUI with them that is still going through insurance. They will go over the cost of the meds and retrieval for you before you start and set up a payment plan. They have to look into your insurance first anyway to get approval.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Go in with all of your previous blood work and a list of questions. He’s very knowledgeable so ask him anything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I can ask them anything and they will get back to me ASAP.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting time isn’t as bad as others - is Columbia. They have the process down well and know what you are in for when you arrive. The nurses who draw blood aren’t the best though. The office seems clean enough but it isn’t updated at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Sandler] is retiring so I do not think he is accepting new patients at this time. However I would recommend him because of his expertise and knowledge. He has been working in the field since 1987. I trust him with third party reproduction and more complex cases...He is not always the most friendly but he knows his stuff and he always does what is best for his patient...
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] calls or emails quickly after a visit and always gets back to me within an hour when I have a question...They know what they are doing. It can be a bit overwhelming at first because they do things like clockwork but give it time and you will see that their routine is highly effective and they make sure that they provide excellent care while you are there...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He is retiring so I do not think he is accepting new patients at this time. However I would recommend him because of his expertise and knowledge. He has been working in the field since 1987. I trust him with third party reproduction and more complex cases
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Because his team always talked With me with care and patience
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
The nursing staff calls or emails quickly after a visit and always gets back to me within an hour when I have a question
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Most of it was covered by insurance
NY - Eastside
Dr. Sandler is incredibly knowledgeable and very helpful. I feel very comfortable talking to him and he listens to you and your concerns. I had a great experience with him, he always explained everything to me and my husband very clearly and answered all our questions patiently. We highly recommend him to everyone..
Good experience with the [RMA of NY] doctors and excellent response from the embryological team. Very good response from the head nurse, always answering when I needed something. The rest of the nurses sometimes did not notify me of the medications for that day, so I had to be contact them, which was not very comfortable, especially in the middle of the treatment. The finance department did not convince us either, since several times we had to be calling to get answers that we did not receive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Good experience with the doctors and excellent response from the embryological team. Very good response from the head nurse, always answering when I needed something. The rest of the nurses sometimes did not notify me of the medications for that day, so I had to be contact them, which was not very comfortable, especially in the middle of the treatment. The finance department did not convince us either, since several times we had to be calling to get answers that we did not receive.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner...knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.
It's extremely hard to feel like a human at a facility such as RMA. They see so many patients every day and you are not always seen by your main doctor so you don't feel like anyone really knows your situation/case very well...Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Klein is great he is trustworthy and answers his emails so quickly. He shows that he actually cares about the patient and their goals. He is open to suggestions and explains everything very well...I would advice a prospective patient to be prepared to hear everything from the good to the bad... nice and caring. There was no feelings of judgment.
[RMA of NY clinic] Strengths - quick waiting period, educated personnel, open to suggestions, clean, safe space, caring nurses and staff. Weaknesses- different doctors do the procedures, Manhattan site is overwhelmingly packed, Westchester location not open on weekends...Everyone is nice and caring. There was no feelings of judgment.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Everyone is nice and caring. There was no feelings of judgment.
Jeffrey Klein

2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Copperman has always given me his honest expert opinion -- many times in person -- even when the news was not what I necessarily wanted to hear. During the period of 4 years, from the time I underwent and completed an elective egg freezing cycle to ultimately using donor eggs to conceive a daughter with my now-husband, I've always found Dr. Copperman and his team accessible, concerned and deeply committed my success.
The third party team at RMA New York is exceptional. Everyone who touched our case was super organized, compassionate and truly rooting for our success... My only issue with RMA during the donor process was a lack of communication and 100% transparency about the rate of drop-off that's present in any cycle. I don't feel that we were fully informed about what to expect in this regard especially given my history. Had we been made truly aware and realized the rate of drop-off that we'd likely see from the start, we would have chosen to move forward with a non-shared cycle instead of a shared cycle. In the end, we had 3 embryos total and 2 were used to achieve our daughter. We have only 1 remaining.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I first worked with Dr. Copperman for my elective egg freezing cycle while still single. Only 2 eggs were retrieved and he informed me that he felt the peak of my fertility was likely several years earlier, in my 20s, which I felt was a little harsh at the time (I was 34 at the time of retrieval). Four years later, now married and with many disappointments on the fertility journey already under my belt, Dr.Copperman was exactly the doctor I needed. He gave me his expert opinion about my prognosis and best next steps for achieving a live birth (donor eggs). With his recommendation corroborated by another doctor at a different top NYC facility, we decided to move forward, with Dr. Copperman leading the charge. I was ready to stop chasing unicorns and wanted the outcome I was looking for, basically, to be a mom and to be able to carry our child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
If you're truly ready for the outcome that you've been pushing for, whether the end result is exactly what you envisioned at the start, a little or even a lot different, Dr. Copperman is your guy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a lot of patients overall but I found the third party experience to be very personalized, which it should be, given the financial investment. I didn't pay too much attention to what the waiting room looked like as far as physical bodies waiting for monitoring by the time I reached this point and was more concerned about the actual level of care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I saw Dr. Copperman at nearly every monitoring appointment and once pregnant, he did my first ultrasound and released me personally several weeks later. When we had a scare midway through the pregnancy (unrelated to RMA), he saw us immediately to discuss and offer his opinion even though I was technically no longer under his care and hadn't been for several weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
$24k shared donor egg cycle + additional transfer required to achieve pregnancy ($3k) + pregnancy visits ($1k) + frozen embryo storage ($1k/year) + required psych eval (few hundred) + meds.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We transferred one embryo at a time (I did 2 transfers in total) to reduce chance of multiples and limit overall risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Since I was never able to retrieve any eggs of my own in previous cycles while trying to get pregnant (vs. elective egg freezing several years earlier), I didn't realize the significant rate of drop-off when it comes to eggs retrieved vs. embryos fertilized vs. those embryos that survive, mature and are viable. My only issue with RMA during the donor process was a lack of communication and 100% transparency about the rate of drop-off that's present in any cycle. I don't feel that we were fully informed about what to expect in this regard especially given my history. Had we been made truly aware and realized the rate of drop-off that we'd likely see from the start, we would have chosen to move forward with a non-shared cycle instead of a shared cycle. In the end, we had 3 embryos total and 2 were used to achieve our daughter. We have only 1 remaining.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Nazem was great. I am in my early 40s and she was very realistic about my options and odds. She was not pushy but wanted me to have all the information to make informed decisions...She will be realistic with you so it's important to do your homework/ research and be prepared to ask many questions so you feel empowered and informed...
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have...Tatiana [nurse] was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was great. She communicated clearly and really took the rules to get to know me, my situation and needs before recommending options. She was very realistic and not too pushy. She made me feel comfortable and well informed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I'm in my early 40s. I first went to RMA just for egg freezing at the start of the pandemic and that went well. Froze 8 eggs. We discussed also creating embryos as a second course of treatment, but I didn't have a partner and didn't feel like going down the sperm donor route. A year later I returned with a partner and was ready to go the full IVF route. The course of treatment was the same as egg freezing. This time around, they retrieved more eggs and we are currently awaiting the development of the embryos to the blastocyst stage so we can complete PGT-A prior to embryo implantation. I had no adverse effects from either cycle of the meds and all has gone as planned or better so far
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea)
Tatiana was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have. They had strict COVID protocols and I felt safe.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
Egg freezing was not covered by my insurance so I had to pay that out of pocket. A discount is available if you use WIN Fertility. For IVF, that was covered by my insurance. I still had to pay out of pocket for the anesthesiologist and PGT-A.
Describe Taraneh Nazem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I'm not at the embryo transfer stage yet but I have heard based on my age, a single embryo transfer might be best.. I'm okay with tha as this is my first pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was told last late in the process that zi needed medical clearance from my primary care physician and an EKG before I could proceed. Luckily I have a great relationship with my PCP and she was able to squeeze me in to accommodate this request but I wish I knew that in advance. It could have potentially delayed the process another month.
Taraneh Nazem

2021 - 2022, Successful
Nursing staff and coordinators [at RMA of New York] we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant...Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180...
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee is very knowledgeable and able to explain the process and reasons for treatments throughly. He has a friendly and sometimes comical demeanor that made us feel comfortable during what could be a very stressful time but he was also very professional. He also took the time to answer any questions we had down to the minute details even if they were repetitive. The fact that we were able to conceive after the 1st IVF cycle also is a testament to his knowledge and expertise.
Come prepared with any questions you might have as he's patient to answer them and explain the process
He was personable, took the time to explain the procedure he was going to perform and answered any questions we had with patience and repetition if needed
Dr. Mukherjee recommend IVF treatment for us and explained why he recommended that particular treatment for us and why other treatments wouldn't work for our particular circumstance. We were able to start at the time desirable to us and careful and frequent monitoring throughout the process allowed for adjustment of medications to produce 39 eggs of which 14 embryos were produced 6 survived and 3 ended up being normal. Dr. Mukherjee transferred 1 which resulted in a successful pregnancy and we have 2 embryos left in storage for future implementation. To have this happen on the first try was a dream cone true for us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Goldberger )
Nursing staff and coordinators we all super nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable and answered all questions we had. They were mostly responsive in a timely manner but there were one or two responses that never came or were super delayed. However, it was not the norm and over all the experience was pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is clean, takes strict covid precautions and is professionally run. The service time a very quick and the wait time is not long at all. They also in most cases try to work around your schedule if possible for the appointment times. My only comment for improvement would be that they send clear notifications when they change any policies as they changed the ability for partners to attend baby screenings due to increasing covod cases but didn't send clear communication ahead of time
Monitoring appts-$48 Office visits -$180 Procedures $1450
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was not given clear information about the recovery time needed/expectations after one of my procedures in order to schedule work/time off accordingly. I was not given clear updated policies about partners not being able to attend screenings due to changes in covid restrictions.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.
2014 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude...I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby...
Amazing staff [at RMA of New York], an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that...The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business...They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process...
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman is an excellent doctor, a kind and compassionate human who is also honest and straightforward. He has a very calm demeanor and a positive attitude. He’s the opposite of a slick marketing machine. I did three rounds of IVF with Copperman. The first was in 2014 when I was 34, and this was the most productive. I had 7 embryos (all male, 1 girl) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2015. In 2017 I returned again, and the female embryo didn’t make it through the thaw process so I transferred another boy which resulted in another healthy baby. In 2020 at age 39 I returned for two more rounds of IVF with purpose to get a female embryo and I was not nearly as successful… only getting one male embryo. In hindsight I should have done an IVF round in 2018 after giving birth. But I wound up accepting reality and successfully transferring a 3rd male embryo, and now I am the mother of three beautiful boys. RMA gets criticized for being a factory, but that’s what you want! They are a well-oiled machine with an efficient and effective process. Fertility is NOT the time to go boutique, it’s the time to go with the operation who has a lock-step process in place.
Trust the process but do NOT delay another minute in getting your fertility journey underway.
Dr. Copperman is a lovely person and has a very calm demeanor. He was always positive while also being honest especially in my latter cycles at a later age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The entire staff was warm and personable, while also being focused and down to business. They do an amazing job at hiring!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing staff, an efficient and effective process with checks and balances built in along the way, and it was always easy to get ahold of someone. While it can feel factory like, the personal nurse assigned changes that.
I was not interested in having twins, but was deemed likely to carry them so we only transferred one embryo at a time
NY - Eastside

Dr. Flisser was always kind and patient, answering any and all questions. He remembered me each time I saw him...He was a straight shooter, kind, full of knowledge and very patient to share and collaborate...He even took phone calls to discuss specific risks and concerns that came up for us after viewing all of the risk materials prior to the retrieval..
They [RMA of NY] do a great job but know that it won't be intimate. I never found that the doctors treated me like a number, if anything, their experience with so many people made them more communicative and organized...I found all of the nurses at RMA to be caring and qualified. I spoke to many of them on the phone with questions/concerns throughout and always felt supported
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I had met with a different doctor at a different facility initially and didn't feel like it was a good fit. I received a referral to Dr. Flisser and immediately liked his style. He was a straight shooter, kind, full of knowledge and very patient to share and collaborate. I had read that you could feel like a number at RMA but aside from the scale of the operation and obvious impact of coordinating so many people, I felt supported and comfortable. RMA doesn't guarantee that your doctor will do your retrieval but guarantees that they will do the transfer on their "day of the week". When it was found that I would need to transfer early, Dr. Flisser made himself available to do the transfer for me. That showed me that they go above and beyond. My infertility was unexplained and I don't feel I was a complicated case, but at 40 years old I felt that he took my case seriously and did very well by me and my husband. He even took phone calls to discuss specific risks and concerns that came up for us after viewing all of the risk materials prior to the retrieval.
He was great. I highly recommend him if you are looking to feel heard and important. I like warm and fuzzy doctors, and he wasn't overly fuzzy but definitely warm! He is really helpful if you want to understand everything in full detail. His responses always went above and beyond.
Dr. Flisser was always kind and patient, answering any and all questions. He remembered me each time I saw him. I found that regardless of which doctor I saw for monitoring they took the time to explain what I was looking at on the screen and to answer questions. Quick turn around with nurses and coordinators, and I had direct email addresses.
He used a fairly standard one as my case didn't seem too complicated but I don't recall the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel)
I found all of the nurses at RMA to be caring and qualified. I spoke to many of them on the phone with questions/concerns throughout and always felt supported. The nurses during the transfer were so kind, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I felt rushed out to the recovery room by one of the nurses on the day of the retrieval which I didn't care for. I overall had a lovely coordinator who seemed organized, really cared and was rooting for me. I do recommend to anyone using RMA that they do their homework and look out for themselves as backup because there were a few things that were overlooked, for example, my coordinator told me I had the latest genetic testing but I swore I recalled a different doctor telling me they had updated the testing and after pushing to speak to the doctor about it I ended up opting for additional genetic testing. She also told me that I could use progesterone in different formats even though I had a peanut allergy, but I found out from talking to the doctor that I would be allergic to all except the injectable. The pharmacy likely would have caught that, but always cross reference anything medical related with the doctor and the internet!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is a big operation. They do a great job but know that it won't be intimate. I never found that the doctors treated me like a number, if anything, their experience with so many people made them more communicative and organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Every doctor that I saw explained everything and didn't make me feel rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered almost all of it. I paid for copays and optional embryo testing. RMA handled all of the billing with Cigna.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I was never offered multiple embryos. I thought it had to do with my age but I am not sure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I already commented - I was told I could use progesterone suppositories even though I was allergic to peanuts, but the doctor then told me I couldn't.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Copperman was very thorough and was sure to explain everything to us. He was also very candid as to what the possible results could be and all possible options we should keep in mind...He also did not give us false hope and never pushed for us to do something that he did not believe would work...believe in just a single embryo transfer...starts out less aggressive...For the second and third round of IVF, he changed some of the medication and dosage. I did have more eggs retrieved the second and third time.
The clinic [at RMA of New York] has a wonderful system of when you have to come in for monitoring. All procedures are done in the same facility. The office is very clean. The office runs very well and are quite organized. All staff is friendly and caring...I had multiple people on Dr. Copperman's staff that I could communicate with via email and phone and they were all very timely in their response
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was very thorough and was sure to explain everything to us. He was also very candid as to what the possible results could be and all possible options we should keep in mind. He has a very kind, sensitive but candid way about him. He also did not give us false hope and never pushed for us to do something that he did not believe would work.
He is honest but very sensitive to your situation and wants to do what is best for the woman's health.
Dr. Copperman and his staff were extremely attentive to both me and my husband. When we met with him, we never felt rushed and he really took the time to explain things to us and answer our questions. After our initial consultation, we wanted to meet with Dr. Copperman again before starting IVF and he quickly made time for us. His staff was always quick to reply to us and always made time for us. We really felt supported by Dr. Copperman and his team and you could tell that they really wanted the best for us and were doing everything they could to help us.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
The first round of IVF, Dr. Copperman starts out less aggressive because one does not know how each woman will react to if you start too aggressive and that could actually cause further problems. For the second and third round of IVF, he changed some of the medication and dosage. I did have more eggs retrieved the second and third time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I had multiple people on Dr. Copperman's staff that I could communicate with via email and phone and they were all very timely in their response. They were also very compassionate and sensitive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic has a wonderful system of when you have to come in for monitoring. All procedures are done in the same facility. The office is very clean. The office runs very well and are quite organized. All staff is friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA had designated morning monitoring hours each day of the week, every day except Christmas. Monitoring hours runs like a well-oiled machine.
I had three rounds of IVF, each round was around $10,000. My insurance covered one round so I paid over $20,000 for IVF. The fee for the anesthesiologist is a separate cost--I think $700 per procedure.
Dr. Copperman and RMA believe in just a single embryo transfer because they put the health of the woman first. If they were to transfer multiple embryos there is more of a risk of becoming pregnant with multiples, which can cause harm to the woman's health.
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Flisser] was professional and very knowledgeable. He gave me plenty of time to ask all of the questions that I had and answered them carefully...was always prepared for my visits and knew all of the background of my situation before seeing me...When things didn’t go well with one method, he always had another idea. He was also very honest with me about how long a process could take or how much it could cost.
They [nurses at RMA of New York] were kind, friendly, compassionate, and could answer all of my questions. I never felt like they were rushing me off the phone. More importantly, they provided feedback and call backs on time. I had an overall positive experience with my IVF coordinator, but she was a bit slow to respond to emails...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience with Dr. Flisser at Reproductive Medical Associates of New York. He was professional and very knowledgeable. He gave me plenty of time to ask all of the questions that I had and answered them carefully. I could tell he had experience with a lot of cases by his answers. He was always prepared for my visits and knew all of the background of my situation before seeing me. He made me feel comfortable and confident that I could get pregnant despite my situation. When things didn’t go well with one method, he always had another idea. He was also very honest with me about how long a process could take or how much it could cost. He made this painful process very bearable for me!
Be optimistic about getting pregnant in the long run, but pessimistic about getting pregnant in the short run. (i.e. - don't get your hopes up that each attempt will work, prepare yourself for each one to fail, but know that eventually you will find something that works).
Human! Dr Flisser was always very prepared for my visits, had all of the background of my case. He also remembered details about my personal life (i.e. that I ran the NY marathon). He didn't make me feel rushed in appointments - he gave me time to ask all of my questions.
The problem was that I didn't menstruate or ovulate. I seemed to be stuck in the baseline of my cycle. We tried three different rounds of oral medications, but my hormones would not move out of the baseline phase. Next, Dr. Flisser gave me the choice between IUI and IVF. Ultimately my husband and I chose IVF. Our insurance didn't cover either, so we decided we would prefer to get right to IVF rather than spend a lot of time on IUI, which has a lower probability of success, especially because my hormones had been so non-reactive. On my first IVF cycle, I was overstimulated and had to stop treatment. Dr. Flisser expected my reaction to be slow since it had with the oral medication, but turned out I reacted much better to the injectible hormones, too good, actually! My second IVF cycle was successful. They were able to retrieve about 40 eggs which ultimately yielded 11 high quality embryos. After the retrieval, I took progesterone and estrogen to prepare for the transfer. The transfer went well, and now I am pregnant and have just been discharged from RMA :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Searcy)
The nursing staff in general were EXTREMELY helpful. They were kind, friendly, compassionate, and could answer all of my questions. I never felt like they were rushing me off the phone. More importantly, they provided feedback and call backs on time. I had an overall positive experience with my IVF coordinator, but she was a bit slow to respond to emails. We also had 2 instances where she had told me she would call in prescriptions, but when I called the pharmacy they did not have them (not sure whose fault this was). After this happened, I stopped communicating with her by email for urgent-ish things and just called the office and spoke with whoever was working that day, which worked just fine.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths 1) Lots of experience - whatever your issue is, they have seen it before! 2) Great lab system. 3) Lots of past success. 4) Comfortable, accessible office at 635 Madison Ave 5) Personable staff Weaknesses Only downside I experienced was was when I tried to do monitoring in their downtown office, at 594 Broadway. The waiting room was very cramped (this was pre-Covid) and the wait times were really long. I would suggest using the 635 Madison Avenue office if you choose RMA of New York and you live in the city.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Before Covid 19, the monitoring was during monitoring hours. After Covid 19, they set up specific windows. Wait times were MUCH lower after Covid 19.
IVF procedure was about 13,500, anaesthesia another 1500. (Insurance did not cover this). Injectible hormones were about 3,000 all in.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There were 2 discrepancies with prescriptions being called into pharmacies, but once again, impossible to know where the ball was dropped. In the end, small price to pay for such a great doctor!

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr Sandler adjusted every cycle based on what we learned from the last one - timing, medication, the dosage - whatever variables we could adjust to make it work. Dr Sandler was always honest and didn't sugar coat anything, but he did so with kindness and grace. I have kept in touch with Dr Sandler throughout my pregnancy and he remained available for questions even after I was out of his care.
The true heroes of RMA are the nurses who are with you every step of the way - on the happy days and the hard days. Whenever I had a question, I got a call back promptly, I never felt alone in the process...RMA is very clean, organized and well-run. Everyone I worked with there was kind and helpful, even the financial team. It's also helpful that they have multiple offices in NYC so you can adjust location for monitoring if you need to.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr Sandler also teaches and lectures, so he may not always be the doctor you see during monitoring, but he is always watching his patient's results and is involved even if you don't see him yourself.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started IUI with clomid and later tried letrozole and varied doses to achieve a successful outcome. We also switched sperm donors to try and achieve better results, which was Dr Sandler's suggestion. Dr Sandler also diagnosed me with a blood variation that required additional medications and supplements that I believe resulted in my successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Garbin)
The true heroes of RMA are the nurses who are with you every step of the way - on the happy days and the hard days.  Whenever I had a question, I got a call back promptly, I never felt alone in the process. Katrina is amazing - she became more than a nurse, she became my friend who was with me throughout this journey. I can't imagine going through this without her by my side.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are a well-oiled machine. It does get crowded though, especially on weekends or holidays. Try to get there before 8am to beat the rush.
Most of my costs were covered by my insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was literally one instance of an IVF coordinator who did not order the appropriate tests, but it was quickly identified and fixed by another team member.
NY - Eastside

[Dr. Eric Flisser] He is also very frank and has no problem being completely honest, even if it’s something you don’t want to hear but you need to hear. He’s compassionate but he’s also very matter of fact, so don’t expect a lot of small talk or joking around with him. If you need that in a doctor he may not be a good fit...I always felt like Dr Flisser had a personal stake in the success of my treatments and I also think he handled my miscarriage with a lot of empathy.
A ton of people go to this clinic [RMA of New York] so if you are interested in a more personalized experience, this might not be a good fit. They are extremely effective though. There is a reason so many people go there. The open hours are convenient because I could go before work. The nursing staff is mostly great. Billing can be confusing and you have to stay on top of it and make sure they are billing correctly for you.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is extremely skilled and I always had complete confidence he’d help me reach my goal of having a child, which he did. I am very. Grateful for that. He is also very frank and has no problem being completely honest, even if it’s something you don’t want to hear but you need to hear. He’s compassionate but he’s also very matter of fact, so don’t expect a lot of small talk or joking around with him. If you need that in a doctor he may not be a good fit.
Ask him all the questions. He won’t treat you like you are crazy for asking. He is very receptive to any and all questions even if you think they are weird.
My IVF treatment was his standard of care because I didn’t have any special circumstances. I do not remember specifics unfortunately. For the transfer I know that I took estrogen and PIO injections.
Ariel was amazing. I feel like she really got to know me so well and was so empathetic when I had my miscarriage. She was also so thrilled for the birth of my daughter. I feel like we could be friends. I still send her updates.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A ton of people go to this clinic so if you are interested in a more personalized experience, this might not be a good fit. They are extremely effective though. There is a reason so many people go there. The open hours are convenient because I could go before work. The nursing staff is mostly great. Billing can be confusing and you have to stay on top of it and make sure they are billing correctly for you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They were hit or miss in terms of wait times. Dr Flisser always saw me if he was in. He made a point to see me for monitoring my pregnancy ultrasounds.
I don’t. Most was covered by my insurance.
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] is honest and caring. A genuine person. He cares about the mother and wants to ensure a heathy mom before a healthy baby...was at my every appointment and explained the next steps, risks, etc...I never felt over medicated, or over tested. I plan to go back if I decide to have another baby...I had two transfers with Dr Copperman. Both resulted in a pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a missed- miscarriage at 17weeks due to uterine fibroids. I of course was devastated, but Dr Cooperman was honest with me and told me that if we were to proceed I would need a myomectomy to remove the fibroids.
[RMA of New York was] Very organized, never much of a wait. Runs like clock work. Monitoring hours run smoothly and can handle quite a few patients at once. Calls with results usually take place before noon which is great...I yielded 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 5 made it to freeze and 4 were good...Jordyn and Samantha [nurses] were organized and responsive. At times I was over communicative via email but they put up with me and answered all of my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I had two transfers with Dr Copperman. Both resulted in a pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a missed- miscarriage at 17weeks due to uterine fibroids. I of course was devastated, but Dr Cooperman was honest with me and told me that if we were to proceed I would need a myomectomy to remove the fibroids. So I went ahead with the surgery, healed, and then we transferred the next embryo resulting in my son born October 2019. Dr Copperman was at my every appointment and explained the next steps, risks, etc. He was honest and genuine. I never felt over medicated, or over tested. I plan to go back if I decide to have another baby.
He is honest and caring. A genuine person. He cares about the mother and wants to ensure a heathy mom before a healthy baby.
Dr Copperman and his nurses Jordyn and Sam were so helpful during my treatment. They were so responsive and caring, I couldn’t have asked for better partners.
I don’t recall exactly as it has been almost two years since my retrieval. What I do recall is that I was not over stimulated or medicated. That it was just right. I yielded 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 5 made it to freeze and 4 were good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Jordyn and Samantha were organized and responsive. At times I was over communicative via email but they put up with me and answered all of my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr Copperman was comfortable transferring one per transfer for me. Each transfer resulting in a pregnancy.
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] told me to try with a single embryo transfer because he was confident it would be successful...I have met Dr. Sandler only twice. Regardless, I got the results I was promised on our initial consult visit so I am not upset...Maybe Dr. Sandler's involvement would've been more present if the 1st round of IVF would've been unsuccessful, but luckily I will never know...On our initial consult he told me I was the ideal candidate for IVF and that I will leave his office pregnant in a matter of couple of weeks. He was right. We started with the medication to prepare for egg retrieval which I was on for about 10 days, on the first cycle day after my initial visit (talk about not wasting any time). I was put on progesterone as well to make sure the lining was prepared to keep the pregnancy.
During the lab hours and constant blood draws there were always many different nurses working [at RMA of New York], I think I never saw the same nurse twice during my time there...Very efficient scheduling, we started our treatment two weeks after our initial consult. A lot of staff to help with the amount of patients so no long wait times. The lab testing in the morning had a good system in place on a 1st come- 1st serve basis. It was a clean environment. Be prepared to wait with A LOT of women especially during lab times, it was mind blowing to see how many women actually go through fertility treatments. It is difficult to feel important.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
We were blessed with our miracle baby on our 1st IVF attempt, so I am very grateful for the expertise of RMA and Dr.Sandler. However, I feel if this would've been a 3rd or 4th attempt which often is the reality for fertility patients I would've felt neglected and just like one of many. Maybe Dr. Sandler's involvement would've been more present if the 1st round of IVF would've been unsuccessful, but luckily I will never know.
Be prepared to not see him much :-)
The clinic is very busy, and during the entire process and countless visits I have met Dr. Sandler only twice. Regardless, I got the results I was promised on our initial consult visit so I am not upset.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
During the lab hours and constant blood draws there were always many different nurses working, I think I never saw the same nurse twice during my time there. I wish I remember the nurse who was getting me ready for my egg retrieval, she was the kindest soul who made me laugh when all I wanted to do is cry because I was so nervous. She told me everything would be fine and she was right.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We paid roughly $5,000(mainly for medication) the rest was covered by insurance.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He told me to try with a single embryo transfer because he was confident it would be successful.
NY - Eastside

We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. ... he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. ... And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process.
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. ... Strengths: Great doctors and staff Psychologist on staff to meet with you about the process and also screen donors On site donor matching program Responsive and caring staff Good morning office hours Weaknesses: The office could use an update I was surprised they didn't offer more holistic services or talk about that more
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. We didn't need a lot of "kumbai-ya" but we felt that he really listened, he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. And throughout the whole process, he answered questions and talked about the process in a way that was reassuring. We were lucky in that we had a very smooth process to getting pregnant (great egg donor result, all of our embryos had great genetic testing results, we got pregnant from the first transfer) but I feel confident that if that hadn't been the case, Dr. Flisser would have been great in less than ideal circumstances.
Tell him up front where your head is at with the process. By being honest with him about how I felt and where my husband was with things, he was able to provide the appropriate information in a way that made us both feel really comfortable. He's more soft spoken and not a huge "talker" but I always felt that I got what I needed from every appointment.
Dr Flisser listened to us from the very beginning. He was able to explain his recommended approach in ways that worked for both me and my husband who process things differently. And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process. I appreciated him always answering my questions in a way that made me feel like nothing was too small or dumb to ask and when I felt anxious, he responded with empathy.
We went straight to donor egg because of my age and very low ovarian reserve. Due to the timing of things with our donor, we did a frozen cycle. We did the highest level of PGD testing available (with all the mosaic testing.) I took Estradol (2 and then 3 times per day), thyroid medication once a day (I was not on it previously but he likes your numbers low) and progesterone shots once a day starting four days before the transfer. We didn't want to choose the sex so they picked what they thought was the best embryo. I had a positive pregnancy from the first transfer. Post transfer, I stayed on all the medication throughout the ten weeks I was at RMA, tapering off the meds the last week.
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. She got on the phone one weekend to talk to me about the donor process when we had concerns and when there was a small issue with how something was handled, she not only quickly put at us at ease, but she apologized which goes a long way. There was no defensiveness which I really appreciated. the whole staff was great. From the women taking blood in the morning to every person we interacted with throughout the process, they were helpful, empathetic, well-informed and enthusiastic. We felt very well cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$15.5K for egg donor and retrieval (shared cycle) $10,350 for recipient treatment psych orientation $300 $1.5K for genetic testing $40 copay per visit Medications - not sure exactly but around $1,000 with my coverage
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only issue we faced was that our regular patient coordinator was off on the day we were told we had matched with a donor. The person who called wasn't aware that we had originally requested to be the sole recipient and it was for a shared cycle. It causes some confusion and stress for us initially, but over the weekend, our regular patient coordinator got in touch with us and when I voiced my concerns, got on the phone with me, explained the rationale, apologized for the mistake in how things were communicated (they felt it was a great match so at least wanted to offer us the opportunity.) And when we had additional questions to help make our decision, provided all the resources we needed to do so. So it ended up totally fine and we appreciated the effort that was made to fix the mistake in communication.

2014 - 2018, Successful
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized...only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples...when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
The staff who drew my blood [at RMA of New York] were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed...Sometimes it feels like a factory, but they get you through the process and are caring and compassionate, especially if you reach out for support. Advocate for yourself, ask as many questions as you can think of, try to stay ahead of what's coming up for you and make sure you have what you need (meds ordered in time, etc.).
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman brings all of his experience and expertise to helping you get what you want. Sometimes I had to ask him to be more forthcoming about his opinion, since the tendency can be to let you take charge, but he did this when asked, and ultimately helped me not waste time and get pregnant in less than 6 months! I felt especially attended to during my FET cycle and during the weekly visits with him after my positive pregnancy test. He confidently told me everything looked perfect as we went along. I felt reassured and like I was in great hands. By the end I was so comfortable, that it was hard to leave and switch to an OB.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask for what you need, while trusting you are in expert hands.
Sometimes I felt like a number, when I wasn't sure if they were paying attention to my cycle and upcoming start dates and the needs attached to it (e.g. getting meds delivered around travel schedules). But overall, the nurses were very friendly and available - by email, phone, and in person. And when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized. However only one embryo survived a week of growth to be PGS tested and frozen. Luckily it was normal, and this was the embryo that was transferred two cycles later and stuck. I did two IUI cycles before IVF. Each was with Letrozole and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla)
Nurses were all great. Sometimes it did feel like there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen and I wasn't sure who was paying attention to my upcoming cycles. But once my cycles were underway, all was smooth and nurses responded very quickly to all of my questions and concerns (even the insane ones).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Once I got used to it, it was easy. I knew the latest I could show up in the morning (I'm not a morning person), and when I would usually be done by. The staff who drew my blood were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed.
For my egg freezing cycles, insurance covered about half of the costs by covering almost all meds, ultrasounds, and testing. So I paid about $10,000 total for two cycles. My final IUI and IVF costs have yet to be fully sorted out, but I think insurance is covering it. I paid copays of $20 or $40 for many but not all visits. I had one visit with Dr. Copperman where he was out of network with my insurance at the time and I paid $100 for an office visit.
My doctor only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I struggled with the beginning of my IVF egg retrieval cycle. I was traveling a lot at the time and also had to order some of my meds from a delivery service so that they would be covered by insurance. I was not told which meds I would need on day 1 of my cycle, which led me to have to buy one of the meds that had not yet been delivered locally, instead, and pay out of pocket. It wasn't a huge expense, luckily, but was an added stress during an already stressful time. I wish someone had given me more details on my protocol and the timing well in advance of my cycle, so I could have adequately prepared around my schedule. With insurance coverage of meds being so complicated these days, the more advance it can get sorted out, the better. I had plenty of time leading up to this IVF cycle, but the meds got sorted out very last minute, and only after I called my clinic to check in and see what the story was. This led to the problem above and much unnecessary stress.