Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. ... he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. ... And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process.
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. ... Strengths: Great doctors and staff Psychologist on staff to meet with you about the process and also screen donors On site donor matching program Responsive and caring staff Good morning office hours Weaknesses: The office could use an update I was surprised they didn't offer more holistic services or talk about that more
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. We didn't need a lot of "kumbai-ya" but we felt that he really listened, he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. And throughout the whole process, he answered questions and talked about the process in a way that was reassuring. We were lucky in that we had a very smooth process to getting pregnant (great egg donor result, all of our embryos had great genetic testing results, we got pregnant from the first transfer) but I feel confident that if that hadn't been the case, Dr. Flisser would have been great in less than ideal circumstances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Tell him up front where your head is at with the process. By being honest with him about how I felt and where my husband was with things, he was able to provide the appropriate information in a way that made us both feel really comfortable. He's more soft spoken and not a huge "talker" but I always felt that I got what I needed from every appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser listened to us from the very beginning. He was able to explain his recommended approach in ways that worked for both me and my husband who process things differently. And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process. I appreciated him always answering my questions in a way that made me feel like nothing was too small or dumb to ask and when I felt anxious, he responded with empathy.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We went straight to donor egg because of my age and very low ovarian reserve. Due to the timing of things with our donor, we did a frozen cycle. We did the highest level of PGD testing available (with all the mosaic testing.) I took Estradol (2 and then 3 times per day), thyroid medication once a day (I was not on it previously but he likes your numbers low) and progesterone shots once a day starting four days before the transfer. We didn't want to choose the sex so they picked what they thought was the best embryo. I had a positive pregnancy from the first transfer. Post transfer, I stayed on all the medication throughout the ten weeks I was at RMA, tapering off the meds the last week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. She got on the phone one weekend to talk to me about the donor process when we had concerns and when there was a small issue with how something was handled, she not only quickly put at us at ease, but she apologized which goes a long way. There was no defensiveness which I really appreciated. the whole staff was great. From the women taking blood in the morning to every person we interacted with throughout the process, they were helpful, empathetic, well-informed and enthusiastic. We felt very well cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
$15.5K for egg donor and retrieval (shared cycle) $10,350 for recipient treatment psych orientation $300 $1.5K for genetic testing $40 copay per visit Medications - not sure exactly but around $1,000 with my coverage
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only issue we faced was that our regular patient coordinator was off on the day we were told we had matched with a donor. The person who called wasn't aware that we had originally requested to be the sole recipient and it was for a shared cycle. It causes some confusion and stress for us initially, but over the weekend, our regular patient coordinator got in touch with us and when I voiced my concerns, got on the phone with me, explained the rationale, apologized for the mistake in how things were communicated (they felt it was a great match so at least wanted to offer us the opportunity.) And when we had additional questions to help make our decision, provided all the resources we needed to do so. So it ended up totally fine and we appreciated the effort that was made to fix the mistake in communication.

2014 - 2018, Successful
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized...only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples...when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
The staff who drew my blood [at RMA of New York] were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed...Sometimes it feels like a factory, but they get you through the process and are caring and compassionate, especially if you reach out for support. Advocate for yourself, ask as many questions as you can think of, try to stay ahead of what's coming up for you and make sure you have what you need (meds ordered in time, etc.).
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman brings all of his experience and expertise to helping you get what you want. Sometimes I had to ask him to be more forthcoming about his opinion, since the tendency can be to let you take charge, but he did this when asked, and ultimately helped me not waste time and get pregnant in less than 6 months! I felt especially attended to during my FET cycle and during the weekly visits with him after my positive pregnancy test. He confidently told me everything looked perfect as we went along. I felt reassured and like I was in great hands. By the end I was so comfortable, that it was hard to leave and switch to an OB.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask for what you need, while trusting you are in expert hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Sometimes I felt like a number, when I wasn't sure if they were paying attention to my cycle and upcoming start dates and the needs attached to it (e.g. getting meds delivered around travel schedules). But overall, the nurses were very friendly and available - by email, phone, and in person. And when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized. However only one embryo survived a week of growth to be PGS tested and frozen. Luckily it was normal, and this was the embryo that was transferred two cycles later and stuck. I did two IUI cycles before IVF. Each was with Letrozole and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla)
Nurses were all great. Sometimes it did feel like there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen and I wasn't sure who was paying attention to my upcoming cycles. But once my cycles were underway, all was smooth and nurses responded very quickly to all of my questions and concerns (even the insane ones).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Once I got used to it, it was easy. I knew the latest I could show up in the morning (I'm not a morning person), and when I would usually be done by. The staff who drew my blood were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
For my egg freezing cycles, insurance covered about half of the costs by covering almost all meds, ultrasounds, and testing. So I paid about $10,000 total for two cycles. My final IUI and IVF costs have yet to be fully sorted out, but I think insurance is covering it. I paid copays of $20 or $40 for many but not all visits. I had one visit with Dr. Copperman where he was out of network with my insurance at the time and I paid $100 for an office visit.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My doctor only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I struggled with the beginning of my IVF egg retrieval cycle. I was traveling a lot at the time and also had to order some of my meds from a delivery service so that they would be covered by insurance. I was not told which meds I would need on day 1 of my cycle, which led me to have to buy one of the meds that had not yet been delivered locally, instead, and pay out of pocket. It wasn't a huge expense, luckily, but was an added stress during an already stressful time. I wish someone had given me more details on my protocol and the timing well in advance of my cycle, so I could have adequately prepared around my schedule. With insurance coverage of meds being so complicated these days, the more advance it can get sorted out, the better. I had plenty of time leading up to this IVF cycle, but the meds got sorted out very last minute, and only after I called my clinic to check in and see what the story was. This led to the problem above and much unnecessary stress.

2021, Successful
He [Dr. Mukherjee] was thorough, kind, compassionate and really took his time to explain everything to both my husband and I. From the moment we stepped into his office, he went over every step of IVF in detail with us...I emailed Dr. Mukherjee after my retrieval as I had questions and he called me back immediately....
I really do not think that RMA had any weaknesses. I think they were great at explaining the processes, explaining the medication instructions, giving instructions on where to go and when to arrive for different procedures. I would recommend just writing everything down and keeping a calendar for your medications and appointments...Listen carefully to the instructions given, lean on RMA for support and you can always email the doctor.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was thorough, kind, compassionate and really took his time to explain everything to both my husband and I. From the moment we stepped into his office, he went over every step of IVF in detail with us. He predicted that based on both mine and my husband's history, that IVF would be a success for us, and that was exactly the case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Listen carefully to the instructions given, lean on RMA for support and you can always email the doctor. I emailed Dr. Mukherjee after my retrieval as I had questions and he called me back immediately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was thorough, kind, warm, compassionate and correct in all of his predictions from the moment we met him, until discharge day. I would 100% recommend him and his team to anyone who is having infertility issues as he was truly so spot on with everything he suggested.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
This I am unsure of
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marissa, Clara, Julia )
Marissa and Clara were the nurses that I spoke to the most. Both were extremely kind, through, organized and efficient. Julia was my coordinator and she was just the best. Sumer responsive, kind and caring.
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Flisser is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions with easy and simple explanations rather than making me feel like I didn’t know what was going on or that I was asking silly questions. He was always personable and able to reach if I needed anything outside of our visits...I did this process for genetic testing so choosing to do a single embryo transfer once all of the basic and specific testing was done made the most sense...
[at RMA of New York] I always felt that my questions were fully answered and I always knew I could call with any other questions after my visits...It took longer than expected to get clearance to have all of my records sent to my OBGYN. There was some miscommunication regarding forms I had to have signed in order to release the information....
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions with easy and simple explanations rather than making me feel like I didn’t know what was going on or that I was asking silly questions. He was always personable and able to reach if I needed anything outside of our visits. In the time of COVID when my partner was unable to join me on my visits it was nice to have a doctor who really cared.
Be open minded to the process there are different options available- each persons experience and situation is different.
Every time I met with Dr. Flisser he was friendly asked about my family and life, and spoke to me in detail about what was going on with my situation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Always friendly and willing to help!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
With my visits being during COVID they were very good at keeping patients safe and separated. I always felt that my questions were fully answered and I always knew I could call with any other questions after my visits.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
NY - Eastside
[Dr. Mukherjee is a ]Pro active doctor with good and Frank communication. No issues were sugar coated and all options were laid out clearly. He was efficient with the course of treatment and didn’t waste time ensuring that when the original plan didn’t work, we moved onto other options...Started with full course or tests and trying to diagnose route causes of miscarriage..
[RMA of NY is a] Well oiled machine! It’s run like a factory.. you are a number in the system and it’s efficient and a little impersonal. Good for keeping time slots and moving through appointments quickly. Good sanitary environment during COVID-19...Good [nurses] overall but I received some incorrect information along the way eg the number of eggs fertilized. I found them more negative than Dr Mukherjee with the potential outcome along the way.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He is concise and clear; he is not going to sugar coat any information or results.
Personally responded to emails and took time to take calls and meet with me to discuss concerns.
Started with full course or tests and trying to diagnose route causes of miscarriage. I tried naturally again and with forth miscarriage which was the result of ectopic pregnancy, he suggested bypassing IUI and clomid and moving forward with IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Good overall but I received some incorrect information along the way eg the number of eggs fertilized. I found them more negative than Dr Mukherjee with the potential outcome along the way.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I had to take out a secondary insurance to cover costs.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Information about egg maturity was insensitively handled; information about fertilized eggs were first incorrectly communicated.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Mukherjee is an exceptional doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and most importantly a compassionate person. Always responsive via phone and email. Always reassuring and confident that our course of treatment would work...My right ovary would produce the most eggs which is the tube that is blocked. We proceeded to IVF. The first round of IVF unfortunately was not successful as the eggs did not fertilize. This was a surprise to both the doctors and myself as all my labs indicated my egg quality was good and no other issues. Also, I already had a baby previously. We proceeded with a different medication protocol and did ICSI. 2 embryos were transferred and 1 implanted. A positive test a couple weeks later. I just delivered my healthy baby 3 weeks ago.
Responsive and compassionate staff [at RMA of New York]. Very professional. Even though they are extremely busy, they do not treat their patients as a number...The first round of IVF unfortunately was not successful as the eggs did not fertilize. This was a surprise to both the doctors and myself as all my labs indicated my egg quality was good and no other issues. Also, I already had a baby previously. We proceeded with a different medication protocol and did ICSI. 2 embryos were transferred and 1 implanted. A positive test a couple weeks later. I just delivered my healthy baby 3 weeks ago.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Do your research on all treatments and bring your list of questions to every appointment. Ask for realistic expectations during your treatment.
Dr. Mukherjee was extremely kind, compassionate, positive and very professional.
Initially procedure was performed to unblock both tubes. Only 1 tube was successfully unblocked. Then 3 rounds of IUIs with Clomid performed but unfortunately they were unsuccessful. My right ovary would produce the most eggs which is the tube that is blocked. We proceeded to IVF. The first round of IVF unfortunately was not successful as the eggs did not fertilize. This was a surprise to both the doctors and myself as all my labs indicated my egg quality was good and no other issues. Also, I already had a baby previously. We proceeded with a different medication protocol and did ICSI. 2 embryos were transferred and 1 implanted. A positive test a couple weeks later. I just delivered my healthy baby 3 weeks ago.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Staff was very kind and knowledgeable as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Responsive and compassionate staff. Very professional. Even though they are extremely busy, they do not treat their patients as a number. I highly recommend RMA to anyone struggling with fertility issues.
NY - Eastside
We were glad to have Dr. Flisser as our doctor throughout the process. We were able to see him for almost all monitoring appointments, except for two. He asked how I was feeling each time. He was direct and to-the-point, but also compassionate. We knew these appointments would be very different from OB appointments throughout pregnancy, so they are understandably shorter and more concise, but it was just what we needed to help us through this process.
In person, all of the nurses [at RMA of NY] were lovely, helpful, and patient. Over the phone, a few were less informative and patient at times. But overall, very good...Many people refer to it as a factory, and it really can feel like that at "peak" hours, but honestly, it's a very well-run system. The facilities are very nice and clean. Everyone works very well together to keep things flowing smoothly. I would absolutely come back again if I need to.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask all of the questions you want and don't worry that you're taking up too much time; you aren't. He will answer all of your questions, and will tell you if he cannot.
He was kind, caring, honest, and included my husband in our conversations.
Provera. Then Letrozole (5 mg did not work, so it was raised to 7.5 mg, which did work). Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In person, all of the nurses were lovely, helpful, and patient. Over the phone, a few were less informative and patient at times. But overall, very good.
Only co-pays.
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Flisser] went over everything in detail and made the process of IVF seem very simple. He was very matter of fact and explained the reasoning behind everything...He described what my options were and what the success rate of each of these options were. He was not at all pushy and instead just gave me the statistics and let me decide what was best. During the rest of the process I didn’t really see him much, but was assured that he was the one making the decisions.
Everything [at RMA of New York] ran very smoothly and everyone sensed to be on the same page. During monitoring hours was a bit of a factory like feel, they try to get you in and out as quickly as possible. I didn’t love feeling rushed like that but I also had a job to get to and realize that this was the most efficient way to see patients for them...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He went over everything in detail and made the process of IVF seem very simple. He was very matter of fact and explained the reasoning behind everything. When I saw him I already did 4 cycles with letrazole, one of which was a miscarriage with a previous doctor. He described what my options were and what the success rate of each of these options were. He was not at all pushy and instead just gave me the statistics and let me decide what was best. During the rest of the process I didn’t really see him much, but was assured that he was the one making the decisions.
Ask a lot of questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The called every week after I got bloodwork to let me know if any changes needed to be made. They usually sent me an email which was very organized.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Everything ran very smoothly and everyone sensed to be on the same page. During monitoring hours was a bit of a factory like feel, they try to get you in and out as quickly as possible. I didn’t love feeling rushed like that but I also had a job to get to and realize that this was the most efficient way to see patients for them.
NY - Eastside
Dr Flisser was extremely attentive and straight forward from the first consultation. He gave us so much insight on the options available to us and any questions my husband and I had were answered thoroughly in a way for us to understand each processes. His explanations were always clear and all my interactions with him have always been of a kind and warm demeanor...
Their [RMA of NY] hours were very flexible, so it never interferes with work, the staff were kind. It was very straight forward when you came in for blood work etc, they are very fast paced, so your in and out pretty quickly, which I can see how people can find negative...She [nurse] was attentive, answered questions in a timely manner and was always compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I have a beautiful and healthy 1 year old daughter thanks to Dr. Flisser and his colleagues at RMA. My review is long overdue and I felt compelled to write this review as I have friends and family that are going through their own battles in infertility and I feel it’s so important to shine light to the incredibly gifted and compassionate doctors that have made the dreams of families like mines comes true. Dr Flisser was extremely attentive and straight forward from the first consultation. He gave us so much insight on the options available to us and any questions my husband and I had were answered thoroughly in a way for us to understand each processes. His explanations were always clear and all my interactions with him have always been of a kind and warm demeanor. Although my egg retrievals and transfer were not done by him - his colleagues showed the same professionalism and compassion. And when things didn’t go as planned in our first cycle, he was hopeful, honest, and never pushy about how to proceed with the next steps. We ended up having a successful 2nd cycle and I am forever grateful for being under his care in helping us achieve the ultimate gift. And for this I without any hesitation would recommend to any family.
To ask questions and allow Dr Flisser to lay out the options available to you beforehand. He does a great job explaining the procedures and testing so you’re not confused during process which can get overwhelming.
Dr Flisser was warm, understanding, and informative in every appointment and interaction. His demeanor is calm and never pushy, which kept me at ease.
We did PGS testing our first round which ended up being a heartache, but blessing in disguise as we ended up testing 5 embryos that all ended up being abnormal. Although this was sad to hear it, we avoided a lot of heartache as they would have resulted in unsuccessful pregnancies if they were transferred. We waited 3 months and opted for a fresh transfer with no testing and was successful and our daughter was conceived.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel )
Our nurse Ariel was great! She was attentive, answered questions in a timely manner and was always compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Their hours were very flexible, so it never interferes with work, the staff were kind. It was very straight forward when you came in for blood work etc, they are very fast paced, so your in and out pretty quickly, which I can see how people can find negative.
3 rounds of IVF covered by insurance. PGS testing was out of pocket.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!...She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location [of RMA of New York] - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office...My experience with the nursing staff at the East Side and SoHo locations were both great. Everyone was very caring and compassionate, and you never felt rushed. I usually ended up having the same nurses, so it was that much better having familiar faces!...Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most patient, considerate and caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process. She is truly remarkable and made my experience enjoyable and easy to understand!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office.
Lucky Sekhon

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Copperman was warm and personable, but also very direct and factual. I appreciated that he discussed data and probability to give us accurate expectations. He came across as very knowledgeable and trustworthy...You will mostly interact with [his] assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
She [RMA of NY nurse] was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions...I underwent IVF in March/April 2020, at the height of the pandemic. I was super nervous and stressed, but the clinic was very organized and responsive and definitely put me at ease. Luckily, despite the stress, I had a successful transfer.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
You will mostly interact with Dr. Copperman’s assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Our coordinator Samantha was fabulous! She was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions. The nurse Jordyn Banks was also great.
NY - Eastside
My husband and I always felt like we could trust Dr Flisser. He was always honest and positive and made us feel like we were in great hands! He is truly a wonderful doctor. Our positive outcome made it an even better experience as we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby girl!! Thank you so much Dr Flisser...is genuinely a nice person. Always honest, very patient with all our questions and concerns. He always made me feel human and very comfortable.
My husband and I always felt like we could trust Dr Flisser [at RMA of New York]. He was always honest and positive and made us feel like we were in great hands! He is truly a wonderful doctor. Our positive outcome made it an even better experience as we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby girl!!...Cost was about 40000$ Without counting egg donor...Very organized and professional...[nurses are] Simply amazing
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is doing the right thing for you and is extremely good at what he does
Dr Flisser is genuinely a nice person. Always honest, very patient with all our questions and concerns. He always made me feel human and very comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Fabiana )
Simply amazing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very organized and professional .....................................................................................................................…..................................................
Cost was about 40000$ Without counting egg donor
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser wants to avoid the risks for mom and baby of a multiple embryo transfer...was a great fit for us - giving us as much information as we wanted while also being compassionate. He also adjusted our protocol when we had an unsuccessful cycle (16 eggs but no PGS normal embryos)...Be ready for working with a large practice and appreciate the benefits of Dr. Flisser being on a large team.
Be ready for working with a large practice [at RMA of New York] and appreciate the benefits of Dr. Flisser being on a large team...We loved the team at RMA...Just billing issues and missed calls, nothing that large but just annoying for a couple of hours...Felt efficient, though some mornings (especially on the weekends) were crowded. Get there early!...$15K per retrieval cycle (with insurance)...Large practice - so great lab, facilities, and physicians and nurses. But also the volume of patients means occasional hiccups with admin things (billing, call backs). In the clinical part of our experience, we had nothing but supportive care.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was a great fit for us - giving us as much information as we wanted while also being compassionate. He also adjusted our protocol when we had an unsuccessful cycle (16 eggs but no PGS normal embryos).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
We loved the team at RMA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
$15K per retrieval cycle (with insurance)
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Flisser is always very kind, warm and direct in his treatment. He has a sweet bedside manner and will always take the time to explain any details to you so that you fully understand treatment procedures and expectations...We moved forward with IUI for both of my pregnancies as my diagnoses was unexplained infertility and there were no obvious issues with my husband's sperm, etc. We were successful for the first time on round 3 with my first child, and the 2nd round with my 2nd pregnancy. I trusted Dr. Flisser and his suggestions for treatment wholeheartedly.
[RMA of New York is] Organized, efficient, straight forward and responsive. The monitoring hours are busy, but they have it down to a science and always treat you individually and not just like a number in the mornings. I would highly recommend the practice to friends...All [the nurses are] very professional, caring and responsive. Highly recommend...We moved forward with IUI for both of my pregnancies as my diagnoses was unexplained infertility and there were no obvious issues with my husband's sperm, etc. We were successful for the first time on round 3 with my first child, and the 2nd round with my 2nd pregnancy. I trusted Dr. Flisser and his suggestions for treatment wholeheartedly.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust the progress/ journey! It will happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Shnur)
All very professional, caring and responsive. Highly recommend.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Majority covered by insurance.
NY - Eastside

sometimes I felt like my doctor [Dr. Daniel Stein] didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much...prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
The nurse [at RMA of New York] was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine...The biggest strength is that they know what they're doing.The doctors and nurses are very professional, and they will recommend a treatment that will help you with your specific fertility issue. Although not necessarily a weakness, but just mostly a reality of life, they're there to provide a service and might not always give you the emotional support that an excited and anxious potentially mom-to-be is expecting.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an amazing doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for answers to their fertility problems. The first time I visited him, he evaluated me and told me that my issue was very simple and that I shouldn't do a treatment that was too invasive. I appreciated this feedback because I've heard of stories where the doctors go straight for IVF even though simpler treatments would work just as well. Dr. Stein prescribed me Letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot midway through my cycle, and in two months I was pregnant! I appreciate his professional recommendation and his honesty when it came to the right treatment for me. The nurses and staff were also very nice and I never had to wait too long during monitoring hours.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Just know that the clinic is very busy so don't expect the doctor or nurses to spend a lot of time with you. They will answer questions, but they will mostly go through their general activities and inform you if everything is ok or not.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I enjoyed how quickly the RMA team dealt with patients, however, sometimes I felt like my doctor didn't even remember who I was. I asked things as follow up to questions from the previous weekly visit and he had no idea that he had seen me before. It wasn't ideal, but it also didn't bother me much. I understand he has lots of patients and my main concern was the end goal, which worked out in just two cycles of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
The nurse was my least favorite part of the treatment. I had an accident while I was on the treatment and called her with a concern of having lost the baby, but she showed zero emotions. I wasn't expecting her to support me as if I was her best friend, but I would've appreciated more reassurance that my baby could be fine... enough reassurance to calm me up until my next doctor visit.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
$50 copay for visits, plus $60-$80 for letrozole pills and trigger shot.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just minor - this round, I was told by a nurse to start birth control, and that I would be starting stims in mid April. Cut to a few days before I thought this was starting, and I learned from the coordinator that I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the cycle until May. This was mostly due to the fact that I had travel scheduled that could potentially conflict with a retrieval date had I started stims in April. However, I'd communicated this travel with everyone, and the nurse I spoke to earlier said "this won't be a problem." There was just a miscommunication. Not the end of the world for me, but given we pay so much for this service, isn't something I'd be happy to experience again.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Stein is] Personable, great bedside manner. Sometimes doesn’t fully explain things and seems a bit rushed during appointments. Wish for more transparency and greater communication. Overall a more than competent doctor whom I trust with my care...My main complaint is they didn’t focus as much on my partner from the start so I feel like we missed out on two opportunities to fertilize more eggs
For two retrievals with insurance coverage it was roughly $20k, including medications for both myself and my partner...[ RMA of NY has a ] Strong performance record and location flexibility. Weak on organization and coordination when working with several doctors for complex cases. This has led to delays in my care, which is extremely stressful when trying to conceive and every delay means an entire month is wasted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with all of your questions and don’t be afraid to push back if something doesn’t make sense.
Uses my first time, personable bedside manner.
First round resulted in two embryos. Adjusted medication and added a third to help my follicles grow at a better rate. Unfortunately this still resulted in nearly the identical number of mature eggs being retrieved but I ended up with 0 embryos. My main complaint is they didn’t focus as much on my partner from the start so I feel like we missed out on two opportunities to fertilize more eggs. This was a costly miscalculation and I wish I had pushed back more for them to examine everything from all sides. First transfer was genetically tested but unsuccessful. Doctor believes the poor embryo quality to be a factor and says they can’t improve my egg quality and will focus on improving sperm quality instead, which has included medication for the both of us and a TESE procedure for him. Fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very smart and extremely busy. Sometimes slow to return calls but always on top of their game.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
For two retrievals with insurance coverage it was roughly $20k, including medications for both myself and my partner. Billing department does a good job of outlining the costs ahead of time.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.
Taraneh Nazem
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside

I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was always very responsive and thoughtful...I had success with our first transfer which I hadn’t expected. I was 41 when I gave birth. He definitely helped us get to where we wanted to be very quickly. I had a bad experience with the clinic and he was very responsive and made me feel heard and supported...I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
I had serious concerns about [some staff] at the clinic [RMA of New York] treated me...Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he [Dr. Stein] is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends...My final visit was around 9 weeks. The Dr and one nurse said I could be in touch through the end of the first trimester. But when I had a threatened miscarriage at 11 weeks they were unresponsive and unhelpful. They claimed later this is just how fertility clinics operate due to the high cost of malpractice insurance. I have since found out people about who were helped by their clinics after 9 weeks.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends.
I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He was always very responsive and thoughtful
I don’t remember dosages. I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
“They get the job done” someone told me and they were right. Weakness of the clinic is that the east side office is unhelpful and unresponsive. I had a very bad experience when I went there at 11 weeks after waking up to a gush of blood. I had called the on call doctor who never called me back. Because it was a Saturday I went to the east side-the only open location. They had me wait for a while then said nobody could see or speak with me because I was too far along (had been told conflicting info earlier in my treatment). At this point I’d been going to RMA for over a year and this was shocking and very upsetting. I insisted on speaking with someone and the clinician who told me “legally we can’t see you” wouldn’t tell me her name and was very antagonistic. So I went to an ER and found out I had a threatened miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I preferred the soho office. Hours were later, it was smaller, and the atmosphere was more friendly.
We paid less than 10k out of pocket including copays
NY - Westside

Dr Stein took time to speak with us at our initial consultation and explain all options and then again at the follow up before moving to ivf. He doesn’t speak to you at each step and you won’t see him unless there is a specific reason. I did sometimes feel a bit like a number and my main communication is though the nurses and coordinator...He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready.
[RMA of NY is] Organized, efficient many locations, nice staff. The financial coordinators are hit or miss but I can tell they care and are responsive. They also seem to be reasonablely priced comparatively. My insurance had a 10k cap that I which I would have know about prior to all the medicated rounds, which the coordinators didn’t inform me about...[our assigned nurse] was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein has many years of clinical experience and I felt in good hands. He’s to the point and let’s you know what he thinks the best treatment is and chances and has been very optimistic with us even when things clearly were not going as we hoped. I went through 3 rounds of letrozol then 2 rounds of clomid and iui. He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready. When we did decide to move to ivf I did gonal f- menapure, and another drug for ~9 days as I had tons of follicles before retrieval. Dr Klein I believe did my retrieval (this is dependent on timing) and got 40+ eggs, 36 fertilized, 26 to day 5, and resulted in 18 genetically normal embryos . We had to wait a month or so as the clinic was closed over the holiday which was a bit annoying prior to starting the transfer cycle. When we did start he found that I had a bacterial infection - endometris which I guess is somewhat common. I did the first round of antibiotics which didn’t work, did another biopsy and then a 2nd round of antibiotics - which were brutal and both made me pretty sick. They don’t test again after the second round which I sorta wish they would. So that were we are for the past few months, covid hit during this time which obviously is delaying timing.
If your expecting hand holding every step of the way this isn’t the doctor you.
Ivf agonist protocol - 9 days, had many follicles - retrieved 40+ eggs, resulting in 18 day 5 embryos ( genetically tested)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza )
Eliza was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was pretty easy and I would go to the Brooklyn office.
My insurance capes at 10k. Costs for the 5 medicated rounds I paid copays and medication cost ~ 500, ivf paid another 8k which included genetic testing (paid 3k for 26 Embyos tested, 3.5k for each transfer, additional cost for blood work and biopsy’s ~ 2k
ESet - clinic does not seem to offer double transfers
Lost husbands paperwork
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be...Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child...he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended..
IVF retrieval process [at RMA of NY] was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs...It was a very well-oiled machine and they worked as quickly as possible to get patients in and out. I learned quickly that Mondays and Fridays were the busiest days in the West Side office so to leave myself more time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Strengths: Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child. He is goal orientated - his goal is to get you to a point of a healthy full term pregnancy as best as he can and he is very persistent about reminding you about that when setbacks or disappointments occur because he is laser focused on that. Extremely goal orientated. Weakness - he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended because it truly is coming from a good place and a place of caring to get you to the finish line.
Don't have expectations of every morning monitoring you will see him as the doctors are on rotation, but they are all lovely. Also, Dr. Stein is straightforward, which means he wont sugar coat things, just know that he is trying his best to get you to the finish line, a healthy pregnancy.
Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be. I had to learn that morning monitoring hours were not the time and place to ask detailed questions since he had many people to see, but he was happy to speak with me afterwards or at an appointment in grave detail as I am someone who wanted to know everything and feel educated about this process.
We started with PCOS panel as their is a history in my family, then after those results, got on thyroid medication and did my first IUI since nothing else was of concern based on blood work that came back. First IUI resulted in a miscarriage. Then further aggressive testing was performed because that was of concern and they found blood clotting issue as well as a polyp was found in uterus. I was given a recommendation from Dr. Stein to see a hematologist and had surgery to remove polyp. Had two more IUIs which failed and then moved to IVF. Overall things were showing up as unexplained secondary infertility and recurring pregnancy loss so IVF was the next best step to get me towards a healthy pregnancy. I had a retrieval of 14 eggs, 10 made it past day one and shockingly only 2 were ended up viable to send to the lab for genetic testing. If I were to do another retrieval the nurses from RMA shared with me that Dr. Stein would change my medications to help in increasing the amount of eggs they could extract since I had such a steep drop in eggs that made it through the first week. I am now waiting to do my first embryo transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had one nurse that I clicked with so I would ask to speak with her when I could and when she was in. The other nurses were wonderful as well and only once did a I have a nurse call me and I realized she didn't read through my file well enough before calling me. Otherwise, they were really so wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: Incredibly organized, attention to detail and ALWAYS trying their best to make you feel important and like a human and not another infertility case. Weakness: I don't know if this is really a weakness, but I remembered when I first started to go and it hit me like a ton of bricks how many men and women are seeing a fertility doctor and I wasn't alone, but at the same time I was still working through my shame of being there and ran into people that I didn't want them to know I was there. The west side office is smaller which I really preferred over the east side because it was more intimate and personal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was so much especially because my insurance is not that great, coverage is super minimal. IVF retrieval process was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs.

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Daniel Stein] He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed...[new patient advice] Do your own research, ask questions, but know he is very strict with his regimen and won’t necessarily change things if they don’t work for you.
[RMA of NY] Nursing staff was nice, but sometimes rushed through explanations or wrote the wrong thing in email while telling you another on the phonr...It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He go me pregnant with my IVF ever, but he is very strict with his regimen. I felt like at that time i was younger and probably didn't need PGD/PGS but it was not really explained to me. When I returned a few years later, I responded extremely well but had very poor fertilization results, which were surprising and i was left stumped and feeling like something had been missed.
He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed. He was very empathetic when the last retrieval did not result in embryos and was available to speak with.
Antagonist with BC first retrieval and Estrogen priming antagonist protocol for second retrieval.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual. Also, we felt the urologist with RMA was very disinterested in our case so if you are dealing with male factor, probably best to go somewhere else.
Insurance covered first retrieval/transfer. Next round was about 15k. We also did a FET before second retrieval which cost ~3500 (failed transfer)
He prefers eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had great response the second tile and a high number of mature eggs, but none reached to day 5. I feel i could have done a day 3, but they do not offer this. We also felt that there may have been a lab issue, but none were disclosed to us. We just had a very usual result that other doctors were even perplexed by.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.
NY - Westside
I felt confident that Dr. Stein...he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment...Strong preference for single embryo transfer...The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible
I felt confident that Dr. Stein and the nursing staff at RMA considered my case and my circumstances individually. The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible. They were also extremely amenable to my changes of heart when it came to my course of treatment (changed my mind a couple times about the timing of progressing to IVF - ended up starting sooner than we had initially planned)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was very attentive and also extremely knowledgeable. From my first visit, he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment.
Just trust his advice - he will give you the good news and the bad news straight.
Metformin 2 IUI's with letrozole Antagonist with clomid, "low and slow" stim due to PCOS / high AMH ICSI due to PGS testing Freeze all Fully medicated FET w/ estrace, PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Stefany de Brito Ramos)
My IVF coordinator Stefany was a lifeline through the entire process, and was extremely responsive and reliable. The nursing staff was also very attentive, communicative, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and reassuring when necessary.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
STRENGTHS: communication, efficiency of appointments, friendliness WEAKNESSES: it's a large clinic. you are somewhat of a "number," but at the same time that does keep things feeling efficient. There were never delays due to clinic scheduling for starting my cycle or scheduling procedures because a large clinic means they're running 7 days a week and are always available.
We were fully covered with progyny insurance but had no trouble coordinating between the clinic and insurance
Strong preference for single embryo transfer