Natan Bar-Chama

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2014, Successful
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important... They [the nurses] all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
2012 - 2017, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...[protocols] Clomid then and now Gonal-F... he was very empathetic when dealing with me...I love my clinic...[nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly.
I love my clinic [RMA - West Side] ... [nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly...He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
How was your experience with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
He was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Listen to him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
Describe the protocols Natan Bar-Chama used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Clomid then and now Gonal-F
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Koenigsberg)
I love my clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York.
I do not remember
Natan Bar-Chama

2012 - 2015, Unknown Success
He speaks very quickly and doesn't leave a lot of time to ask questions, but if you are assertive, he responds. Became warmer once he got to know me.
[My nurse[ Whitney is the best! [One] test was done without my signature authorizing it.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He seems smart and interested in taking action. Very methodical.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Do research, ask a lot of questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't know.
Whitney is the best!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Test was done without my signature authorizing it.
Lawrence Grunfeld
NY - Westside

I was on the PCOS spectrum, and my husband had a poor morphology rating. Dr. Stein suggested we start with IUI was it was much less invasive than IVF, and believed with medication I was put on (Letrozole and the trigger shot), combined with my husband cutting out marijuana, we would have success. He suggested three IUI cycles...he clearly answered all questions, comments, etc, no matter how crazy my internet based questions were!...He clearly went over all options available to us, and provided his recommendation on what he thought would be best.
Eliza [nurse at RMA of New York] was amazing, always answering my emails in a timely manner, again no matter how crazy the question, and was always very comforting on the phone...IUI requires a few visits to the office each cycle - blood work, follicle monitoring, and the actual IUI procedure itself (you both need to go in that day!). Dr. Stein performed our first IUI procedure, and did so clearly explaining each step, and injecting just the right amount of humor into it all to help us feel more relaxed!...The entire staff were extremely detailed oriented - from the front desk, to the nurses, to the financial consultants. Each was able to clearly explain all aspects of what we were going through to us so we felt informed the entire time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
For our first appointment we met with Dr. Stein to discuss our situation: current test results done by my OBGYN, review additional testing that would be done to determine next steps, and anything else we had on our mind - he clearly answered all questions, comments, etc, no matter how crazy my internet based questions were! Once all results were back we went back in to meet with Dr. Stein to discuss our options. He clearly went over all options available to us, and provided his recommendation on what he thought would be best. We decided to move forward with IUI per his recommendation as he did not think we needed to start with anything too invasive at first, planning to do three rounds before reassessing our options. Dr. Stein performed our first IUI procedure, and did so clearly explaining each step, and injecting just the right amount of humor into it all to help us feel more relaxed! When our third attempt didn't work, we did one more round of IUI while we waited for our appointment with Dr. Stein to discuss what to do next. After our fourth IUI procedure, before it was time to take a pregnancy test, we had our follow up with Dr. Stein to discuss next steps. He went over the entire IVF process. We left that appointment feeling hopeful and excited to get that next process started. We felt that we were in the best hands. I was more relaxed after that meeting than I had been since before we initially met with him to start IUI... perhaps that is what helped lead to a positive pregnancy test with our fourth IUI cycle! Tomorrow I will be 20 weeks pregnant with our son. We are so thankful to Dr. Stein, Eliza, and the entire team at RMA of NY Westside for their support throughout this process. I would highly recommend them to anyone encountering fertility issues. We definitely plan on going back when we are ready for baby number 2.
Go into the process with an open mind, and try to stay calm and relaxed throughout the whole process as you are in the best hands.
If you have experienced any level of infertility, you know how overwhelming everything can feel. We were referred to Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York by my OBGYN when I was diagnosed with PCOS, and my husband's sperm analysis showed his morphology was less than normal. I chose the westside location as it was close to my office. Our appointment was scheduled with Dr. Stein, and his team made us feel comfortable with the process as soon as we walked in the door. The staff at the front desk welcome and greet you when you sign in- every time you enter. For our first appointment we met with Dr. Stein to discuss our situation: current test results done by my OBGYN, review additional testing that would be done to determine next steps, and anything else we had on our mind - he clearly answered all questions, comments, etc, no matter how crazy my internet based questions were! We then met with our assigned nurse, Eliza, who reviewed our upcoming testing schedule with us. Eliza was amazing, always answering my emails in a timely manner, again no matter how crazy the question, and was always very comforting on the phone. Once all results were back we went back in to meet with Dr. Stein to discuss our options. He clearly went over all options available to us, and provided his recommendation on what he thought would be best. We decided to move forward with IUI per his recommendation as he did not think we needed to start with anything too invasive at first, planning to do three rounds before reassessing our options. IUI requires a few visits to the office each cycle - blood work, follicle monitoring, and the actual IUI procedure itself (you both need to go in that day!). Dr. Stein performed our first IUI procedure, and did so clearly explaining each step, and injecting just the right amount of humor into it all to help us feel more relaxed! While we did not necessarily see Dr. Stein or Eliza at all of those appointments over the three months, we felt very comfortable and in great hands with the doctors and nurses we did see. When we had an unsuccessful third IUI attempt, we were obviously upset and disappointed. I spoke with Eliza, who was the support I needed at the time, as I did not know what to do next as I was so accustomed to going in for day 1 blood work to start my next IUI cycle. As our follow up appointment with Dr. Stein was not for another two weeks, she suggested that my husband and I consider trying just one more time so we did not have to spend two weeks just waiting around. We decided to give it one more go. After the fourth IUI procedure, before it was time to take a pregnancy test, we had our follow up with Dr. Stein to discuss next steps. He went over the entire IVF process. We left that appointment feeling hopeful and excited to get that next process started. We felt that we were in the best hands. I was more relaxed after that meeting than I had been since before we initially met with him to start IUI... perhaps that is what helped lead to a positive pregnancy test with our fourth IUI cycle! I got the call from Eliza confirming that the blood work showed I was pregnant - she was as happy as we were! Tomorrow I will be 20 weeks pregnant with our son. We are so thankful to Dr. Stein, Eliza, and the entire team at RMA of NY Westside for their support throughout this process. I would highly recommend them to anyone encountering fertility issues. We definitely plan on going back when we are ready for baby number 2.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was on the PCOS spectrum, and my husband had a poor morphology rating. Dr. Stein suggested we start with IUI was it was much less invasive than IVF, and believed with medication I was put on (Letrozole and the trigger shot), combined with my husband cutting out marijuana, we would have success. He suggested three IUI cycles. When the three did not work, we met with him to discuss our next options - in the meantime we were in the middle of trying a fourth time as our appointment with Dr. Stein was not for another two weeks after the third failed attempt. He explained that our next options were either trying IUI for a total of six months (2 more times) or looking into IVF. My husband and I did not want to do two more rounds of IUI, so asked that he explain the IVF process to us. After that meeting we felt calm and in the most capable hands, ready to go on to the IVF process... I felt so relaxed that I think it led to my positive pregnancy test with the fourth IUI cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstendig )
The staff at the front desk welcome and greet you when you sign in- every time you enter. After our initial meeting with Dr. Stein, we then met with our assigned nurse, Eliza, who reviewed our upcoming testing schedule with us. Eliza was amazing, always answering my emails in a timely manner, again no matter how crazy the question, and was always very comforting on the phone. IUI requires a few visits to the office each cycle - blood work, follicle monitoring, and the actual IUI procedure itself (you both need to go in that day!). Eliza was the nurse who gave me my trigger shot two times, and if she was working the day I received blood work back, was the nurse who called me. If Eliza was not working that day, each nurse I had/spoke to was just as warm and caring. When we had an unsuccessful third IUI attempt, we were obviously upset and disappointed. I spoke with Eliza, who was the support I needed at the time, as I did not know what to do next as I was so accustomed to going in for day 1 blood work to start my next IUI cycle. As our follow up appointment with Dr. Stein was not for another two weeks, she suggested that my husband and I consider trying just one more time so we did not have to spend two weeks just waiting around. We decided to give it one more go. I got the call from Eliza confirming that the blood work showed I was pregnant - she was as happy as we were!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
My IUI costs were only copays for each visit.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Stein was always extremely respectful, warm, informative, positive, and helpful with all of the many questions my partner and I had over the 2 treatments to become pregnant...We tried IUI at first, but it was made very clear that with our issue, it probably wouldn’t work (however insurance required we at least try) - then we moved onto the egg retrieval, testing and freezing, and IVF. We had our first child with only one round of IVF! Couldn’t be a more perfect child. We are currently pregnant with our second, again for pregnant on the first IVF treatment. Dr stein explained that he would not want to transfer 2 embryo at a time given our specific male-driven issue, which is good because we probably would have had twins (always more risky)
they [staff at RMA of New York] were always so great about everything I could only recommend them...I thought they [nurses] were always excellent, responsive, and flexible with timing (since I was almost always way late and they always accommodated)...The clinic has mainly strengths. Really truly always a great experience with everyone. My only comment for them would be to make sure they explain what each med is and why it’s important. I did have one issue where I didnt realize a med had a refill, so I stopped taking it for days.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is the best- I wouldn’t trust anyone else with building our family. I know we can count on him for the most professional and sensible advice and care. We have one child and are expecting our second, and through years now we have successfully put our trust in dr Stein
Go for it. He is a true expert on the field, and your potential children are too valuable to be trusted with someone who is just ok
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I thought they were always excellent, responsive, and flexible with timing (since I was almost always way late and they always accommodated)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic has mainly strengths. Really truly always a great experience with everyone. My only comment for them would be to make sure they explain what each med is and why it’s important. I did have one issue where I didnt realize a med had a refill, so I stopped taking it for days. Somehow I mentioned it in passing to a nurse who told me to get right back on it. Luckily everything was fine, but I think had the purpose of the med and the overall plan been explained, it might have been avoided. Honestly though they were always so great about everything I could only recommend them.
First time was free, second time we had to pay for everything- they didn’t take our new insurance

2014 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr.Klein is a superb doctor that is always attentive to his patients needs. You will always get a response back from Dr.Klein no matter what day or time it is. He makes you feel like you matter and that your goal is his goal too...is very compassionate and understanding...explains procedures in detail...was very honest from the beginning advising that the best course of treatment would be IVF but due to financial hardship we had to try IUI first...
Martha [nurse at RMA of New York] is extremely through and answers emails and calls you back. She is good at her job and compassionate...The only thing I would recommend is that they incorporate yoga, meditation, overall stress relieve classes in their offices...Dr.Klein is a superb doctor that is always attentive to his patients needs. You will always get a response back from Dr.Klein no matter what day or time it is. He makes you feel like you matter and that your goal is his goal too.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein is very compassionate and understanding. He is through his job and explains procedures in detail. He is passionate about his field and helping a patient achieve their goal to become pregnant. I had the pleasure of working with him through this journey of infertility. I recommended him to my friends who did achieve pregnancy and now I’m next to try IVF after failed IUIs. Dr. Klein you’re a fantastic doctor! Keep up the good work and remaining human with your patients. It goes along way! Thank you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
You will be in good hands with Dr.Klein! If you’re looking for a specialist that will address your concerns, fears and cheer on your success Dr. Klein is the right doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Klein was very honest from the beginning advising that the best course of treatment would be IVF but due to financial hardship we had to try IUI first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Martha is extremely through and answers emails and calls you back. She is good at her job and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has helped a lot of my friends achieve pregnancy. They have an excellent reputation for helping achieve pregnancy. The only thing I would recommend is that they incorporate yoga, meditation, overall stress relieve classes in their offices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
I had to pay my copays. IVF isn’t covered by my insurance.
Jeffrey Klein
NY - Westside
My IVF coordinators [at RMA of New York] were great but the nurses were sometimes hit or miss. This was particularly an issue over the holidays when they had people filling in...Don't take it personally if he doesn't remember you...Dr Stein has a lot of patients. A lot. And sometimes it feels like it but you go to him for his expertise and results...is very straightforward. He doesn't sugar-coat anything and will give you straight answers. I absolutely trusted his medical advice. He will advocate for you and is open to changing treatment options based on your preference...will not transfer more than one embryo. He told me this is "non-negotable."
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very straightforward. He doesn't sugar-coat anything and will give you straight answers. I absolutely trusted his medical advice. He will advocate for you and is open to changing treatment options based on your preference.
Don't take it personally if he doesn't remember you, he has a ton of patients. But he has a ton of patients for a reason!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
My IVF coordinators were great but the nurses were sometimes hit or miss. This was particularly an issue over the holidays when they had people filling in.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think RMA is the best clinic in NYC. Second is maybe Weil. There are star doctors at each. Dr. Stein is one of the best doctors at RMA so he has a ton of patients. Nothing in this process is easy but it can really help if you have faith in your doctor and the lab.
Covered by insurance (so grateful!)
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Stein will not transfer more than one embryo. He told me this is "non-negotable."
NY - Westside
Dr. Lederman has always made himself available and responded quickly to questions. He has been compassionate and doesn't talk too clinical, so we can understand. I would say the same thing about his staff....Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos.
This a very difficult process and just about everyone at RMA has tried to make it easier....Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos.... He is kind and compassionate with a nice bedside manner. I don't think there will be any radical protocols, but I don't know if that is a bad thing, but I trust him so I trust his opinion.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos. He has been flexible in having a call vs. appointments, and comprising on appointment times so I can be easily accommodated. I feel like he is on my side and I trust him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman has always made himself available and responded quickly to questions. He has been compassionate and doesn't talk too clinical, so we can understand. I would say the same thing about his staff. This a very difficult process and just about everyone at RMA has tried to make it easier.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had 3 different protocols, I don't remember which. I was told by Dr. Lederman that there are only a handful and we try them out to see which works best.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Unforntaly I have not yet any embryos making it to blast to be transferred.
Matthew Lederman
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] is very nice and helpful and he explains everything perfectly. He did an SIS to me and he was nice and very subtle, he also did an vaginal us and he explained and showed me everything he saw, after the SIS he explained his findings...Every time he saw me he treated me like a person and explained every detail to me and my husband better than any other doctor and he was very nice during every step of the diagnostics...
They [RMA of New York] are great. Nice and helpful people. The only thing I see they could improve is that they should have more clinics around ny...She [nurse] explained to me everything very thorough and she called me and emailed me and she was very attentive...Every time he [Dr. Stein] saw me he treated me like a person and explained every detail to me and my husband better than any other doctor and he was very nice during every step of the diagnostics
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He is very nice and helpful and he explains everything perfectly. He did an SIS to me and he was nice and very subtle, he also did an vaginal us and he explained and showed me everything he saw, after the SIS he explained his findings
That the process is long and that they will be guided by the office and dr stein
I am in the diagnostic and pre treatment part yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Christie Tan)
She explained to me everything very thorough and she called me and emailed me and she was very attentive
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are great. Nice and helpful people. The only thing I see they could improve is that they should have more clinics around ny, I have to go from bushwick all the way o downtown Brooklyn or the city west side to go through all the monitorings
I would have to pay almost $4000 that are not covered by any insurance
NY - Westside
I had a great first impression. I felt that he [Dr. Stein] really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation...He will only allow single and he picked the embryo...[new patient advice] Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
They [RMA of NY staff] really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats...[cost] about 6k out of pocket...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I had a great first impression. I felt that he really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate. I truly feel that a women is best when going through something like this.
Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation. I was always billed wrong or told the wrong things from the teeny bopper coordinators they have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
I absolutely love Eliza, she is warm, compassionate and understanding. I absolutely adore her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats.
about 6k out of pocket
He will only allow single and he picked the embryo.
NY - Westside
[Dr. Daniel Stein] was amazing...he had great bed side manners. He explained everything In detail. He listen to our concerns he answered and explained everything in step by step. He took his time and we never felt rushed...have all your questions he’s makes sure it answered and make sure you understand what’s happening...made me feel like a human he took his time to talk to listen to our question and explained everything to us.
The nursing staff was very good [at RMA of New York] couldn’t ask for a better staff...made them self available to answer every phone call or email...Strengths: it’s small and intimate. You are given a coordinator and nurse for directly gives you all there attention and go step by step with you through this process. They made sure you had everything you needed for the process in time...Dr Stein is a great doctor have all your questions he’s makes sure it answered and make sure you understand what’s happening.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was amazing he had great bed side manners. He explained everything In detail. He listen to our concerns he answered and explained everything in step by step. He took his time and we never felt rushed.
Dr Stein made me feel like a human he took his time to talk to listen to our question and explained everything to us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was very good couldn’t ask for a better staff. The made them self available to answer every phone call or email
Investor
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation [at RMA of New York]...Monitoring hours get crazy and you definitely feel like they are rushing to get you in and out. However, it’s clear they are highly recommended as the waiting room is always full. Whenever you call with a question, they do a good job of calling you back...[Dr. Michael Lederman is] Smart, but very busy and not sure he wants to dive into my specific issues. Felt like I got the same treatment as everyone else. Still no answers on my infertility and when my husband and I had blood work and testing done, it was the nurse who called with the results and often she couldn’t explain the meaning...Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
NY - Westside
Around $24k all in for IVF treatment and medications [at RMA of New York]...Compassionate staff and run effectively. When you come for regular monitoring, you will see different staff members but any bookable slots are with your team. For weekend monitoring, this is done at the east side location...I was very happy with [Dr. Lederman's] care. He was kind caring, had great experience, gave me confidence in his recommendations whihch he tailored to my personal cicumstances. He talked quite quickly but always gave me time to ask questions and I did not feel rushed...Tell him about your goals and time frames, he will work to help you achieve them...Personal and detailed care, concidered our personal circumstances and recommended accordingly
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I was very happy with Dr Ledermanns care. He was kind caring, had great experience, gave me confidence in his recommendations whihch he tailored to my personal cicumstances. He talked quite quickly but always gave me time to ask questions and I did not feel rushed.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Around $24k all in for IVF treatment and medications
NY - Westside

When we wanted to keep trying naturally before we decided to use IVF, Dr. Stein was patient with us and gave my wife and me the space to try. He didn't rush us to IVF, and in the end, it was our decision. He was clear about expectations and always approached us each step of the way with information and statistics. We believe information is power, so the more we knew the better...He's not going to hold your hand the entire way, but he'll tell it to you straight and that helped ease our anxiety about the process.
It was expensive [at RMA of New York], I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process...There as just SO many patients so you can feel sometimes a little lost in the shuffle, even with a coordinator. It is important to always come with a list of questions and really confirm timelines. From retrieval to implantation was longer than we thought and that was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Often Dr. Stein would talk to my wife in a compassionate but clinical way. He didn't hide the challenges or the process, but he wasn't void of emotion either. He was compassionate but forthright with setting expectations.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It was expensive, I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Stein] is a direct communicator so if you prefer information to be sugarcoated, talk about your style up front! If you want more information as to the how/why on something, just ask the question...Even after a first failed transfer, he was critical with the data and while many other doctors would prescribe a different treatment, we did a hysteroscopy to rule out some potential issues, everything came back normal, and we stayed with the same tried&true plan- resulting in my current pregnancy!
The nursing staff at RMA of NY is excellent- they were always super friendly, compassionate, equipped, informative. Everything is like clockwork in the clinic, and the nurses are truly at the heart of it all...an efficient well-oiled machine- only drawback is preassigned appt times vs getting to choose. They did ask for preferences during pregnancy ultrasounds, but not during the retrieval period when I was visiting multiple times per week.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a very direct & clear communicator, which are traits I prefer in my health professionals! He was always willing to entertain my questions & probing in person, via phone, or email. From the beginning he was very confident that we could get results (ie get me pregnant!) which made me feel at ease in an otherwise world of fertility ambiguity, while at the same time being realistic based on the data at hand. Even after a first failed transfer, he was critical with the data and while many other doctors would prescribe a different treatment, we did a hysteroscopy to rule out some potential issues, everything came back normal, and we stayed with the same tried&true plan- resulting in my current pregnancy! I had a super positive experience and will keep seeing Dr. Stein as we continue to grow our family. So thankful for him and the RMA of NY team!
He is a direct communicator so if you prefer information to be sugarcoated, talk about your style up front! If you want more information as to the how/why on something, just ask the question.
In our consultations, Dr. Stein spoke & offered his professional advice to me as he would his own daughter. He also did what few busy professionals (doctors, people I've worked with, etc) have done- he learned how to pronounce my name and never failed!
Our retrieval- kept dosages on the low side given I'm younger and have better egg production. Don't remember all the medications used. I did have a higher number of eggs (28) so he prescribed cabergoline to avoid getting OHSS post retrieval. In the end, although I didn't go to the clinic to be diagnosed, I did suffer quite a bit post retrieval and it took 14 days to get back to normal (7 days to feel better). All worth it, as I got 8 PGS normal embryos on ice! FET- ended up having one failed cycle and one successful one with a hysteroscopy + inflammation test in between! Both had the same protocol- estradiol pills 3x per day, 1ml progesterone injections 1x per day, antibiotic before transfer. Dr. Stein was confident the protocol should be kept the same even after a failed transfer given my profile, despite my asking all the questions! Second transfer led to positive pregnancy test + currently 9w pregnant.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths- great structure & very organized, minimal wait times, amazing healthcare professionals Weaknesses- you don't speak to the same nurse/see your doctor every visit (if this is important to you)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is an efficient well-oiled machine- only drawback is preassigned appt times vs getting to choose. They did ask for preferences during pregnancy ultrasounds, but not during the retrieval period when I was visiting multiple times per week.
I believe my retrieval + 1st transfer was ~9.5K, plus medications which amounted to 4.2K. This was the best quote I could find in NYC, and based on fb groups I'm a part of a pretty great rate. My second transfer was 3.4K (no retrieval)
I'm not sure if Dr. Stein does multiple embryo transfers, it wasn't in the conversation for us.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is a very experienced professional. I felt I was in good hands all the time. He is busy but always asked me if I had questions or something bothered me...was always very nice and has great humor. Which I appreciated because the process is uncertain and a bit scary. He evaluated my situation and explained what could happen...He showed me the egg that was going to be transferred on the big screen and they made sure I was the person who was supposed to receive that egg...
Prices are on the RMA of NY site for everybody to see. The whole process was $26,330...Scheduling appointments, Blood tests, sonograms, saline sonos, et cetera are very organized. They have two locations in New York and you can switch locations if you need. I recommend you ask all financial questions before you start the process. Understand the contract well. We did that so we knew exactly what to expect as they are limited on the health insurance companies they work with and we were paying everything out-of-pocket.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a very experienced professional. I felt I was in good hands all the time. He is busy but always asked me if I had questions or something bothered me. My IVF experience was smooth. I got pregnant on my first transfer and I am now 14 weeks pregnant. Our baby girl is healthy and growing fast. I highly recommend Dr. Stein. As a bonus, he is sweet and funny.
I had an extremely good experience. I came to our first appointment with no expectations and after that first meeting, I decided to trust Dr. Stein and trust my body. I knew Dr. Stein would do his best and I was ready to do the same. As with everything in life, the outcome for an IVF is uncertain but a good attitude and optimism help the process. He was actually recommended by my endocrinologist.
Dr. Stein was always very nice and has great humor. Which I appreciated because the process is uncertain and a bit scary. He evaluated my situation and explained what could happen. He has a lot of experience and in my case, I needed a very experienced Doctor so he was a perfect fit for us. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier with my experience.
Dr. Stein said that he would prefer to do a fresh transfer to increase the percentage of success and he was right. I had to go over many medical tests before having the approval. Due to covid, I was able to schedule all the test within a month. My assigned nurse practitioner Dara Berg coached me throughout the whole process. She was fantastic and answered all my doubts and fears. Dara kept us up-to-date on the donor's egg retrieval cycle. Everything was synchronized to perfection; my husband's sperm retrieval with egg donor's retrieval with the date of fresh transfer. We had counseling meetings about psychology and DNA compatibility prior to the transfer. On the day of the transfer, I used my lucky socks and we had a great time because the fox in my socks matched one of the Doctor's scrub cap LOL. Dr. Stein was very calmed and explained the process which actually happens super fast. He showed me the egg that was going to be transferred on the big screen and they made sure I was the person who was supposed to receive that egg. I was so scared I couldn't talk. No words could come out of my mouth but Dr. Stein and the team were super nice. A day I will always remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Dara is really amazing. I was actually sad the day I graduated from RMA because I felt I would miss talking to her. I never got to meet her because of covid. Only phone or email but she was always there for me and answered all my questions with love and compassion. She probably deals with many patients a day but always made me feel like I was unique. Thank you Dara if you are reading this!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Prices are on the RMA of NY site for everybody to see. The whole process was $26,330,
Because of my age, Dr. Stein recommended a single embryo transfer. I wanted to have twins if I could but it was not safe.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
My clinical records were not sent on time to my MFM so he ordered new blood exams and other tests that I had already done 1-2 months earlier. But everything good.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was incredibly knowledgeable. He diagnosed me with endometriosis just based on our conversation and an ultrasound. I have had issues with this for years but it remained undiagnosed and untreated until then...I was happy to trust his judgement - while he's not always the most compassionate doctor, I truly appreciated his candid outlook on my situation and knowledgeable guidance on my procedure....
I really liked the RMA. It only took a few weeks from our first consultation to know what the issue was and have a plan of how to proceed... I was always able to reach her [nurse] over email with questions and she was always knowledgeable. I also appreciated that they always called me with my results rather than just emailing them to me
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was incredibly knowledgeable. He diagnosed me with endometriosis just based on our conversation and an ultrasound. I have had issues with this for years but it remained undiagnosed and untreated until then. He recommend laporoscopy and referred me to a very good surgeon. This was very daunting for me but he was always responsive and happy to chat more about pros and cons of different procedures. After the lap he suggested IVF given that I have tubal blockage. I was happy to trust his judgement - while he's not always the most compassionate doctor, I truly appreciated his candid outlook on my situation and knowledgeable guidance on my procedure. I had one experience with another doctor that wasn't as pleasant - it was my first IVF appointment. I filled out a review form after the appointment and promptly got a call back from the clinic and Dr. Stein to chat about what can be improved and adjust expectations. I recommended Dr. Stein to my friend who is now in fertility treatment with him.
Don't hesitate to ask, while appointments can go by quickly he was always very happy to answer questions over email or follow-up appointments.
I felt very well treated and looked after during the entire process. I never had to wait long for my appointments and Dr. Stein was always familiar with my history and current situation.
I did one cycle of egg retrieval. The medication was dosed very carefully and before the retrieval I went in for bloodwork and ultrasound every day to perfectly time the retrieval. The retrieval procedure went well and I felt back to normal the next day. They retrieved 24 eggs, fertilized 17 and 10 made it to day 5. Those were biopsied and all frozen. Of the 10, 4 were chromosomally normal (PGS). I had to wait one cycle before I could do the transfer because I can't take regular birthcontrol. I didn't know this beforehand and this extra wait felt quite devastating at the time. We did PGS to maximize our chances of a healthy pregnancy. They didn't really present different options, but rather recommended one specific path (FET with PGS) and we went along with it without worrying too much about it. Dr. Stein did the transfer and that was easy as well. I've been injecting progesterone since 5 days prior to transfer and also taking estrogen. I didn't realize beforehand that I would have to do this for another 8ish weeks if the pregnancy was successful. I did a pregnancy test at the clinic 2 weeks after the transfer (I didn't test at home) and the test came back positive, yay! I had a few follow-up appointments for bloodwork and ultrasound after that. I was released from the fertility clinic when I was 8 weeks 5 days pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lipov)
Liza was awesome - I was always able to reach her over email with questions and she was always knowledgeable. I also appreciated that they always called me with my results rather than just emailing them to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really liked the RMA. It only took a few weeks from our first consultation to know what the issue was and have a plan of how to proceed. During IVF monitoring it sometimes felt a bit like an assembly line, but it kinda is - we're all there for the same thing and need to get our bloodwork and ovaries checked. I didn't quite know what to expect during the first IVF checkup and didn't feel super well taken care of (this was not with Dr. Stein). However, when I mention that in my feedback they immediately reached out to adjust things. Ever since I appreciated their care, efficiency and communcation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was definitely a well-oiled machine. I didn't have preferences for the monitoring hours so they just assigned a time the day before and it always worked out well. I don't think I ever had to wait longer than 10 minutes.
He strongly suggested single embryo transfer to increase changes of a succesfull pregnancy. Their overall approach was to do everything to maximize success even if that meant waiting some time after my lap to be sure that things healed completely or waiting a month between retrievel or transfer, or doing a few extra appointments. While it made the process longer in the beginning, I really liked this approach because I think it does safe me a lot of time and grief in the long run.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Stein] has a great personality. He was always warm and friendly when in the room with me and he made time to answer all my questions without making me feel rushed...diagnosed a major obstacle to my getting pregnant -- I had chronic endometritis, which was treated with antibiotics. Our first frozen embryo transfer (with a different RMA doctor) failed but we were successful on the second try, with Dr. Stein in charge. I do wish that they had tested me for endometritis before doing any transfers.
The morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York] were actually not super convenient for me because I work a later shift, but I understand they work for people who do a 9 to 5 so I have no real complaints there...RMA does single embryo transfers. I didn't push for more...One thing my husband and I found very reassuring is that all of our embryos were genetically tested before the transfer. That really gave us peace of mind that we were doing everything we could to have a healthy baby. Now we have done noninvasive prenatal testing, which RMA advised us to do because nothing in life is 100% certain, and everything came back low risk.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein diagnosed a major obstacle to my getting pregnant -- I had chronic endometritis, which was treated with antibiotics. Our first frozen embryo transfer (with a different RMA doctor) failed but we were successful on the second try, with Dr. Stein in charge. I do wish that they had tested me for endometritis before doing any transfers.
I think it's important to choose a doctor who has been doing IVF for a long, long time and has a lot of experience. My previous doctor was younger and that transfer was not a success.
I had a fantastic experience with RMA and Dr. Stein in particular. He is obviously very good at what he does and also has a great personality. He was always warm and friendly when in the room with me and he made time to answer all my questions without making me feel rushed.
I had two egg retrievals total, both freeze all. I used Menopur and HCG. I had two frozen transfers, one less medicated with a previous doctor (that one did not work) and one fully medicated with Dr. Stein (that one worked).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Krista was my favorite nurse at RMA, but they were all good. I was happy to have her as my main nurse and my husband liked her, too, the times that he came in with me. She has a nice, friendly personality and knows her stuff. She was always willing to help and answer questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The morning monitoring hours were actually not super convenient for me because I work a later shift, but I understand they work for people who do a 9 to 5 so I have no real complaints there.
My fertility benefits were with Progyny, which basically covered everything related to the actual fertility treatments. No co-pays. Then my prescription coverage was through Aetna, where I had some reasonable co-pays. After I got pregnant my appointments switched over to Aetna and had $50 co-pays. I had to pay out of pocket for frozen embryo storage and that was $500 for six months.
RMA does single embryo transfers. I didn't push for more.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Only one thing and it wasn't a huge deal. When RMA discharged me to my new OBGYN, after I got pregnant, they asked me to send them the OBGYN's information so they could transfer my records. I gave them the info but the records didn't make it in time for my first appointment. Something went wrong. But I got in touch with Krista, my nurse, and she got the ball rolling on getting the records sorted out right away.
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and explained my options clearly. I love how my husband and I had options to further test our infertility...During the process he explained every step throughly and answered any of my questions. We also loved how individualize our treatment plan was, he adjusted my medication dosage when necessary making the whole experience pleasant.
The staff [at RMA of New York] was wonderful very helpful and always available to answer any questions. If I needed documents for work or medical records everything was handle immediately. The visit were smooth they have a good flow in taking in patients during am monitoring visits...From the consultation visits to my monitoring visits everyone was so friendly and helpful. I like how I felt calm and secure that I was in the right place. There was no pressure or rude moments. When an issue arises it was taken care of immediately by my Coordinator whether missing documents or signatures.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and explained my options clearly. I love how my husband and I had options to further test our infertility. We decided on IVF frozen egg transfer in the spring of this year. We are blessed to say that we are pregnant thanks to Dr. Stein and his team. During the process he explained every step throughly and answered any of my questions. We also loved how individualize our treatment plan was, he adjusted my medication dosage when necessary making the whole experience pleasant.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions even if you think it sounds silly.
Dr. Stein and his team were wonderful. The entire experience was smooth and very informative. His coordinator Elizabeth was always available to answer any of my questions. I felt so calm and relieved to know that I was in the right clinic.
We started my stim cycle in March, had our eggs retrieved end of the month. Then tested our embryos while waiting I was on birth control to control my cycle. The egg transferred happen on May 12, we transferred a baby girl. Before the transferred, I was on progesterone and estrogen and lasted until week 8 of my pregnancy. Dr. Stein increased dosage after transferred then slowly adjusted dosage until the last week of my visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth coordinator )
The staff was wonderful very helpful and always available to answer any questions. If I needed documents for work or medical records everything was handle immediately. The visit were smooth they have a good flow in taking in patients during am monitoring visits.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
As a new patient I felt I was in the right place at RMA of NY west side clinic. From the consultation visits to my monitoring visits everyone was so friendly and helpful. I like how I felt calm and secure that I was in the right place. There was no pressure or rude moments. When an issue arises it was taken care of immediately by my Coordinator whether missing documents or signatures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was surprised how quickly were my monitoring appointments especially since I needed to be at work. They have a good system of taking in patients with minimal wait time.
We were very blessed to say that my insurance covered our IVF treatment with only a few hundred dollars of copayments. Even my medication was covered. No issues there.
I trusted Dr. Stein’s approach.
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein has a lot of experience so I felt good that he had seen a number of different scenarios before...Because our diagnosis was male infertility...One thing that really changed our outcome was the close coordination with the urologist...Antagonist protocol with a dual trigger helped us to retrieve 38 eggs. We got 21 embryos from there and ended up with 10 PGS normal embryos. Husband was also on Gonal-F injections 3x a week for at least 3 months before we used his sperm after the retrieval.
RMA Westside seems very organized. It may take about 30 minutes to get through monitoring hours, but I liked that you get an email with your specific blood results (including numbers). You're assigned a care coordinator who helps you through the entire process and you can email them at any time. Finance is also very responsive and was helpful when my insurance mailed me a check by mistake instead of them.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein has a lot of experience so I felt good that he had seen a number of different scenarios before. One thing that really changed our outcome was the close coordination with the urologist, Dr. Bar-Chama. Because our diagnosis was male infertility, the urologist's input was also key.
Dr. Stein is a bit no nonsense in his delivery but just know that you're getting the best care.
Dr. Stein gave some thought to our treatment and it seemed like he knew exactly what to do. After we had been basically told we were a lost cause. He told us we would be a difficult case but that he would do his best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
I could email with questions whenever I had them. You could also call to speak to someone on the team that day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There are a lot of people in the waiting room during monitoring hours. Almost every seat is filled. It moves quickly though.
We paid about $8-$10K for one retrieval, transfer, and PGS testing of 20 embryos.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was sympathetic throughout the course of treatments...We ended up doing three rounds of IUI and three rounds of IVF under the care of Dr. Stein. Our third IVF worked, we are now 17 weeks pregnant...was always candid with us about what he could control and couldn’t control. In our cases, we found out that we had PCOS, endometriosis, chronic endometritis, and a chromosome issue as treatments go. We needed a few attempts to find the best protocol for our particular situation. Given the difficulties of our case, I don’t think we could have gotten our successful results as relatively soon as we did if we had switched doctors midstream.
it was very helpful that monitoring visits (to check blood levels, etc.) take place in the morning [at RMA of New York]. The visits were always efficient and I was never late to work. We also received a follow-up call and instructions promptly on the same day...on-duty nurses/doctors were also quick to answer my emails whenever I had questions or concerns...Overall nursed at RMA were very helpful in answering questions. There was the only nurse who was not being helpful at all...The cost of IVF was around $14,000 plus medications per cycle. Additional transfer fees of around $4,000 per transfer.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
We ended up doing three rounds of IUI and three rounds of IVF under the care of Dr. Stein. Our third IVF worked, we are now 17 weeks pregnant and we couldn’t be any happier! I'll be honest: this journey was certainly never easy. There were sad and frustrating times but we definitely made the right decision by trusting Dr. Stein and sticking with him and the team at RMA. Throughout our process, we learned that there are many reasons that your treatments can go wrong; infertility treatment is never an exact science, and Dr. Stein was always candid with us about what he could control and couldn’t control. In our cases, we found out that we had PCOS, endometriosis, chronic endometritis, and a chromosome issue as treatments go. We needed a few attempts to find the best protocol for our particular situation. Given the difficulties of our case, I don’t think we could have gotten our successful results as relatively soon as we did if we had switched doctors midstream. On a practical note, it was very helpful that monitoring visits (to check blood levels, etc.) take place in the morning. The visits were always efficient and I was never late to work. We also received a follow-up call and instructions promptly on the same day. Dr. Stein and on-duty nurses/doctors were also quick to answer my emails whenever I had questions or concerns. My advice to any couples considering infertility treatment is to take the time necessary to do your own research and ask lots of questions to your doctor. At RMA, our experience was that Dr. Stein would always listen to and answer our questions, even if our concerns or anxieties were more internet-based than evidence-based :-). Make sure you understand the treatment and protocols that are recommended, and why it is that a doctor believes that a given protocol is the best course of action for your individual situation. Overall we had a very positive experience working with Dr. Daniel Stein and enthusiastically recommend him and the team at RMA. Without Dr. Stein’s counsel, diligence and hard work, we would not be at the incredibly happy place we are today, getting ready to welcome a healthy baby into our family.
Dr. Stein was sympathetic throughout the course of treatments.
At first, our problems seemed to originate in PCOS and poor egg quality. Based on this initial assessment, we proceeded with an antagonist protocol. During the first retrieval, we successfully retrieved 17 eggs and created four embryos. Of those four, only one came back with a normal assessment form the PGS testing. The second retrieval was a failure because the dosage of the trigger shot was too low (instructed by the doctor on call, not Dr. Stein). The third retrieval yielded 21 eggs and 6 embryos. Based on the PGS assessment then, the doctor discovered we had a potential translocation issue. The doctor spoke with the lab to double-check his hypothesis that we had an instance of balanced translocation - and therefore could proceed to embryo transfer - and was very careful. This time we used OPC/LUPTON OVERLAP protocol and it seemed worked for our case as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Some people might feel that RMA has a factory feel because of their mechanical efficiency. However, for me who works during the day, this efficient approach was very practical and worked well with my schedule.
Our insurance covered IUIs, but not IVF. The cost of IVF was around $14,000 plus medications per cycle. Additional transfer fees of around $4,000 per transfer.
Dr. Stein does single PGS normal embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During the second IVF cycle, the doctor-on-call prescribed the incorrect dosage for the trigger shot (out of an abundance of caution). This dosage ended up being ineffective for proper egg retrieval and resulted in an unusable egg yield. However, the clinic recognized what had happened, and their role, and graciously made sure we could have a "do-over" retrieval. Separately, when beginning our third retrieval cycle, we were given some conflicting information about the protocol. We were able to sort it out - and it ultimately worked - but it did create some confusion for a few days.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was pleasant to work with and I felt provided the best protocol of treatment specific to my needs. He adjusted my medications as needed and After two separate embryo transfers, I now have a healthy son...I liked My doctor’s approach to only transfer a single embryo as I did not want twins...Drugs to stimulate eggs for retrieval, PGS testing of the embryos, drugs to thicken the uterine lining for implantation. I retrieved 20+ eggs the first cycle, that resulted in 5 normal embryos (best embryos were boys). I Did a second retrieval (trying for a girl), With reduced egg stimulation medication, that resulted in 12 eggs retrieved and three healthy embryos.
[The staff at RMA of New York were] very thoughtful and informative. They treated me with good bed-side manner and personalized attention...Is a very organized practice and informed me an updated me of all information I needed to know on a timely basis...1/2 hour wait at most...Is a large practice and has a systematic approach that could feel generic at times, but they have a process that works and great organization, thoroughness and medical experience based on the large number of patients they treat
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Listen to the doctors recommendations, be an active/informed participant in the treatment (ask questions and know what methods might work holistically you help supplement the medical treatment) and stay positive.
Dr. Stein and his team where very thoughtful and informative. They treated me with good bed-side manner and personalized attention
Drugs to stimulate eggs for retrieval, PGS testing of the embryos, drugs to thicken the uterine lining for implantation. I retrieved 20+ eggs the first cycle, that resulted in 5 normal embryos (best embryos were boys). I Did a second retrieval (trying for a girl), With reduced egg stimulation medication, that resulted in 12 eggs retrieved and three healthy embryos. I did two single embryo transfers from my first egg retrieval, the second transfer took and resulted in a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran)
RMA Is a very organized practice and informed me an updated me of all information I needed to know on a timely basis.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA Is a large practice and has a systematic approach that could feel generic at times, but they have a process that works and great organization, thoroughness and medical experience based on the large number of patients they treat
1/2 hour wait at most
Mostly Covered by insurance plus $5k out of pocket
NY - Westside

I highly recommend Dr Stein...I always received very hands on, meticulous care from Dr Stein. From retrieval, to monitoring, to transfer he was personally there at each step...We definitely attribute the medication protocol and weekly monitoring to our successful "graduation" to my OBGYN at 9 weeks...He was very helpful recommending the right scenario for us [regarding Eset]...We successfully conceived after 3 IVF cycles at the age of 39. I'm 11 weeks and we are doing great!
The Soho office [of RMA of New York] mislabeled our sperm before an IUI treatment- but their quality assurance protocols caught it before insemination and had to discard two sperm donations to rectify. They brought us in to explain the issue immediately and apologize. We then had to provide another sperm donation and they refunded us the costs for the entire IUI cycle to correct the error on their part. We decided to only work with West Side moving forward and that helped with peace of mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
We successfully conceived after 3 IVF cycles at the age of 39. I'm 11 weeks and we are doing great! I appreciated while RMA is a busy practice, I always received very hands on, meticulous care from Dr Stein. From retrieval, to monitoring, to transfer he was personally there at each step. RMA does not stop after you become pregnant. It was post "positive pregnancy test" that I found my most valuable care navigating the delicate weeks after. We definitely attribute the medication protocol and weekly monitoring to our successful "graduation" to my OBGYN at 9 weeks.
I highly recommend Dr Stein. I appreciated while RMA is a busy practice, I always received very hands on, meticulous care from Dr Stein. From retrieval, to monitoring, to transfer he was personally there at each step. RMA does not stop after you become pregnant. It was post "positive pregnancy test" that I found my most valuable care navigating the delicate weeks after. We definitely attribute the medication protocol and weekly monitoring to our successful "graduation" to my OBGYN at 9 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They are the best! I had my blood drawn 52 times and it never hurt. :)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The finance dept was the weakest, but after switching coordinators we got the info we needed. They were prompt with my insurance company with getting the preapprovals. The locations of the offices are very convenient. We found better care in the West side office than the Soho office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are amazing and helped me not have to take time off of work.
Total $27K for 1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 retrieval
He was very helpful recommending the right scenario for us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The Soho office mislabeled our sperm before an IUI treatment- but their quality assurance protocols caught it before insemination and had to discard two sperm donations to rectify. They brought us in to explain the issue immediately and apologize. We then had to provide another sperm donation and they refunded us the costs for the entire IUI cycle to correct the error on their part. We decided to only work with West Side moving forward and that helped with peace of mind.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Stein is knowledgeable and a straight-shooter. I appreciated that he shared his opinion and recommendations on my IVF decisions and personally answered any questions I had in our consults and over email. I highly recommend Dr. Stein if you are looking for clarity and don't need to be coddled. My fertility journey is over, thank goodness, but I find myself missing Dr. Stein's wry sense of humor. I kind of wish he were my OB!...
RMA's paperwork isn't all that clear...Take good notes during your meetings...My nurse was very friendly and accommodating, but I often felt like I was the one keeping the records, not her...I'd have to remind the clinic to order tests and send in prescriptions that were specifically requested by my doctor and nurse. Everything always turned out fine, but I felt like I needed to stay on top of my protocol in order to double-check the clinic's work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Take good notes during your meetings with Dr. Stein, because RMA's paperwork isn't all that clear.
Dr. Stein asked personal questions and got to know me, my partner, and my family—all information that he included in his treatment plan.
I forgot most of the protocols, but after three rounds of IVF and only one grade C embryo, Dr. Stein urged me to consider donor eggs. If he hadn't come right out and said it, I can imagine I would have put myself through the emotional and financial strain of another three cycles. I'm so grateful for Dr. Stein's mercifully candid advice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a factory, which I mean in both a good and a bad way. RMA is HUGE and they've got the fertility program DOWN. You get the impression that nothing would faze them; they've got an answer and a workaround for everything. The downside is that RMA can feel like an assembly line set to run a little too fast. On multiple occasions, I'd have to remind the nurses about my test results, my medication schedule, and more. I suspect that their patient records are scribbled in crayon and filed between take-out menus, because no one seemed to have a 100% grasp of what was going on. I dealt with it by being super-organized and knowledgable about my own protocol, and if you can deal with that, you'll be fine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Weekend mornings, all monitoring is funneled to a single clinic location, so there would be a HUGE crowd and a long wait. Otherwise, monitoring was efficient.
Dr. Stein prefers to transfer a single embryo.
NY - Westside
The Doctor [Dr. Lederman] had a great understanding of what our outcome would be based on our health and condition. He was also matter of fact which is something we appreciated... He is a straight shooter and very passionate as to PGT M testing. We had a great experience...Do not expect him to go into details in others regards that are not medical ( like financial bills etc ). He is practical and honest...We had one stimulation cycle with low dosages. One egg retrieval and one frozen embryo transfer. The outcome of all this was a pregnancy.
The RMA believes strongly in single embryo transfer. That appears to be the safest route for pregnancy. That was fine with us...The key Clinic strengths are as follows. efficient , knowledgeable, experts...While the are the following-Miscommunications from IVF coordinator...Great experience and you still felt like an individual...Tatiana which was Dr Lederman lead nurse was amazing. She was on top of all our calls and would inform us of any changes when they would come up. She really cared and was optimistic the entire way.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
DR Lederman was fantastic for my wife and I. He knew what our best course of action was and made sure we followed everything to perfection. He is a straight shooter and very passionate as to PGT M testing. We had a great experience and trust this team wholeheartedly. The RMA westside is extremely professional and efficient. Our results were great and that was due to this team pushing us while practicing great overall care (lab techs etc ).
Dr Lederman will be straightforward with you. Do not expect him to go into details in others regards that are not medical ( like financial bills etc ). He is practical and honest.
The Doctor had a great understanding of what our outcome would be based on our health and condition. He was also matter of fact which is something we appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The key Clinic strengths are as follows. efficient , knowledgeable, experts While the are the following-Miscommunications from IVF coordinator Great experience and you still felt like an individual in the west side
The cost was marginal as they accept most insurance providers. We did not pay more than 10 K for the entire procedure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One miscommunication between nurses and IVF coordinator.