Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails... he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps.... He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!".
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient... RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He can certainly be very candid - I have a uterine factor issues which precludes me from carrying a child, and he was quite blase to say "you are super healthy, except for the bad uterus!". This really didn't hurt my feelings - I've known about my condition for a long time, but if a patient were more sensitive, I suppose this could be a weakness of his. His pros outweigh the "con" in my mind - he's thorough, aggressive in treatment, and does listen to questions and walk you through next steps. My first cycle was fine - I ended up getting 12 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. Of those 6, 3 made it to blast and all 3 were "chromosomally" normal. That's a great yield, but for this next round, we're taking a different approach to try and get more mature eggs and hopefully have more embryos to work with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be prepared with a list of questions and paper/pen. He can be quick when he walks you through problems/next steps/etc. Very open to answering questions, but if you don't have any prepared, the meeting might be over before you had time to think of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very direct and to the point. I wouldn't ever describe him as warm, but he listened to my concerns and answered all my questions, spoke with me on the phone when I asked for a call, and has been quick responding to my emails (I am undergoing a second round with him this spring). He'll tell it like it is without sugarcoating, but honestly that's the type of person I want in charge of my care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. Because we'll be using a GC, I was basically treated like an egg donor. Had to undergo FDA testing, genetic testing, etc before starting. I'm only 30, but egg quality/quantity was seemingly not an issue to begin with - we just wanted to retrieve eggs, make embryos, and freeze them for future use. It turned out my reserve is more diminished than AMH originally indicated, so I was put on doses more commonly used with 40 year olds. Can't remember specific doses, but all were quite high - 225 Gonal H, 3 or 4 menopurs a day in the beginning. Given that 5/12 eggs were immature, we're changing it a little this time to try and get more mature eggs. I was not put on birth control the first cycle, which apparently can promote consistency in follicular growth, so less of a chance of some follicles beating others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran was my coordinator. I was seen by a few of his nurses.)
The IVF coordinator I worked with - Kiran - is/was lovely. She's quick to respond over email, call, etc, and always had a great disposition, even when unmatched by mine. My only frustration came from the coordination between Kiran, the nurses, doctor, and 3rd party reproduction team a few times. Because there are so many cooks in the kitchen, communication failed a few times. IE, I was told that I'd be starting another cycle in April this spring, and learned (quite late) that it wouldn't be able to take place until May. This wouldn't have bothered me except that no one really told me - I had to find out myself. All a result of each team member thinking that someone else was going to tell me. I don't think this would be a problem for most, but if you're using a GC, you'll have to work with 3rd party repro and IVF, and those two need to communicate just a little bit better.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is, for the most part, extremely organized. I felt well-cared for 99% of the time - nurses always called when the said they would, I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for monitoring (and that would be when the waiting room was packed!), and everyone really seems to know what they're doing. Every fellow/doctor I saw while monitoring was incredible, and the people who performed my retrieval seemed great. Very pleased with the outcome of the cycle, and I'm sure I have to credit the clinic and the doctors/embryologists for their great work. That said - it is a big place. As I mentioned earlier, if your situation is slightly out of the ordinary and you need to work across a few teams, it sometimes feels like you need to stay on top of everyone. I was a little surprised that it took nurses/coordinators a while to realize that I was waiting for their next steps, only to learn they all thought I was in touch with one of them the whole time. You do need to be organized with multiple teams. If you're just working with one coordinator though, I think RMA has it fully in hand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are from 7 - 8:30 am, but they definitely saw people after the end time (I'd always see women running in super late). The good thing about RMA is they have locations all over the city, so it's pretty convenient (ie, I had a meeting one morning on the east side. RMA UES is not my primary location, but I could be monitored there and then went right to my work meeting after). Sometimes the waiting room was crowded (usually on weekends, when only one location is open), but honestly there were always chairs and you always got in and out very quickly. I still felt like I had time to talk to the doctors and nurses on busy days, too. Overall a pretty easy experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
The total cost of embryo freezing was about $17,000. Embryo testing was about $150/embryo plus a fee. We had 3 embryos tested and it was $600. I've heard others with much higher expenses (RMA uses a third party company). Most of my regular visits were covered by insurance, but I have had to pay about...$500 or so (maybe more) in testing, which was partially covered by insurance.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We haven't crossed this bridge, but my doctor and the clinic do not believe in multiple embryo transfers unless the mother is over a certain age or there's another medical reason to do so.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Just minor - this round, I was told by a nurse to start birth control, and that I would be starting stims in mid April. Cut to a few days before I thought this was starting, and I learned from the coordinator that I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the cycle until May. This was mostly due to the fact that I had travel scheduled that could potentially conflict with a retrieval date had I started stims in April. However, I'd communicated this travel with everyone, and the nurse I spoke to earlier said "this won't be a problem." There was just a miscommunication. Not the end of the world for me, but given we pay so much for this service, isn't something I'd be happy to experience again.

2018 - 2022, Successful
Under his [Dr. Daniel Stein] care, we thawed my eggs, made embryos and did our first FET in March. It worked and I am now 9 weeks pregnant and cannot thank Dr. Stein and the RMA team enough for their expertise, professionalism, and kind demeanor...Don't expect to see Dr. Stein every visit - he is there for the important stuff but you will see nearly everyone during your monitoring
RMA of NY only practices eSET. They will not do multiples...LOVE that they have a financial coordinator who handled my insurance. I do wish you could request your monitoring appt time online vs always having to call them on a weekly basis but they were pretty good about getting me the time I needed each week.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
have been a patient of Dr. Stein's since 2018 when I decided to freeze my eggs at 34 y/o. Now at 38, I was diagnosed with PCOS so back to Dr. Stein we went! Under his care, we thawed my eggs, made embryos and did our first FET in March. It worked and I am now 9 weeks pregnant and cannot thank Dr. Stein and the RMA team enough for their expertise, professionalism, and kind demeanor. I am so happy I decided to freeze my eggs with Dr. Stein's recommendation when I did and found out recently that RMA of NY has one of the best, if not the best, success rates for successful pregnancies from frozen eggs. We will definitely be back for our second child and will forever be grateful for making our dreams of having children possible for us.
I was always greeted in a warm and professional manner and never felt like just another number.
After being diagnosed at 38 with PCOS, we went straight to IVF and Dr. Stein did not recommend IUI or any other treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie )
Jackie called me weekly - I never met her in person but she always gave me my results and talked me through my next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
For my original egg freezing in 2018, we paid out of pocket about 14k as this wasn't covered by insurance. For our IVF cycle with ICSI, insurance covered us less 10% out of pocket to RMA. I think we paid less than $1500 all in to date.
RMA of NY only practices eSET. They will not do multiples.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Stein is] Personable, great bedside manner. Sometimes doesn’t fully explain things and seems a bit rushed during appointments. Wish for more transparency and greater communication. Overall a more than competent doctor whom I trust with my care...My main complaint is they didn’t focus as much on my partner from the start so I feel like we missed out on two opportunities to fertilize more eggs
For two retrievals with insurance coverage it was roughly $20k, including medications for both myself and my partner...[ RMA of NY has a ] Strong performance record and location flexibility. Weak on organization and coordination when working with several doctors for complex cases. This has led to delays in my care, which is extremely stressful when trying to conceive and every delay means an entire month is wasted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Come prepared with all of your questions and don’t be afraid to push back if something doesn’t make sense.
Uses my first time, personable bedside manner.
First round resulted in two embryos. Adjusted medication and added a third to help my follicles grow at a better rate. Unfortunately this still resulted in nearly the identical number of mature eggs being retrieved but I ended up with 0 embryos. My main complaint is they didn’t focus as much on my partner from the start so I feel like we missed out on two opportunities to fertilize more eggs. This was a costly miscalculation and I wish I had pushed back more for them to examine everything from all sides. First transfer was genetically tested but unsuccessful. Doctor believes the poor embryo quality to be a factor and says they can’t improve my egg quality and will focus on improving sperm quality instead, which has included medication for the both of us and a TESE procedure for him. Fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very smart and extremely busy. Sometimes slow to return calls but always on top of their game.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
For two retrievals with insurance coverage it was roughly $20k, including medications for both myself and my partner. Billing department does a good job of outlining the costs ahead of time.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lederman is very kind and approachable. He is happy to answer questions and allows his personality and compassion to shine through in his work...Dr. Lederman was extremely helpful in making me feel like I wasn't the only person who has experienced this, and he shared that even though it was not the outcome we hoped for, the retrieval round provided us with good information moving forward....
[RMA of New York] Strengths: evidence-based, tons of research goes into their strategies, highly knowledgeable, good reputation Weaknesses: sometimes can be disorganized, it's a huge clinic so sometimes you feel like a "number"...[nurses are] Truly amazing. So kind, loving, and they're really rooting for you...they only do single embryo transfers, as far as I know...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When I initially consulted with Dr. Lederman, I had no idea what to expect. He was helpful in providing education to my husband and I around fertility procedures, etc. We did several diagnostic tests, and ultimately had the diagnosis of unexplained infertility. We proceeded with 3 rounds of IUI; none of which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Then, we moved toward IVF. For my first egg retrieval, we learned that my egg quality seemed somewhat compromised, and I had challenges with retrieving mature eggs. We ended up with two embryos from the first retrieval, both of which unfortunately were chromosomally abnormal (we had them PGT tested). I was devastated, and Dr. Lederman was extremely helpful in making me feel like I wasn't the only person who has experienced this, and he shared that even though it was not the outcome we hoped for, the retrieval round provided us with good information moving forward. We did another egg retrieval, with altered protocol to hopefully get more eggs, and ended up with 2 normal PGT tested embryos. We transferred one, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Again, I felt so defeated. Dr. Lederman called me throughout each stage of the process to provide me with updated on embryo growth, next steps, and encouragement. We went to go transfer the other embryo we had, and right before the procedure, learned that it had not survived being thawed (this was a day-7 embryo). Yet again, I was crushed. Dr. Lederman provided as much reassurance as he could, given how sad I was. We took a break after that, as mentally I was feeling hopeless about the process. A few months later, we did 2 more rounds of egg retrievals, both times getting 2 chromosomally normal embryos - leaving us with 4 total. We transferred one, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Transferred another, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Transferred a third, and finally we had our strong, positive pregnancy test. After nearly 2 years of working with Dr. Lederman, I am in my second trimester of pregnancy. I cannot express enough how his dedication, warmth, and encouragement meant to my husband and I. Stick with it, and Dr. Lederman will certainly stick with you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Ask questions, express any concerns you have. He is reassuring and knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Truly amazing. So kind, loving, and they're really rooting for you!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered some, but out of pocket we spent around $25,000
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
At my clinic, they only do single embryo transfers, as far as I know. The primary reason being that singleton pregnancies are safest.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.
Taraneh Nazem
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside

I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was always very responsive and thoughtful...I had success with our first transfer which I hadn’t expected. I was 41 when I gave birth. He definitely helped us get to where we wanted to be very quickly. I had a bad experience with the clinic and he was very responsive and made me feel heard and supported...I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
I had serious concerns about [some staff] at the clinic [RMA of New York] treated me...Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he [Dr. Stein] is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends...My final visit was around 9 weeks. The Dr and one nurse said I could be in touch through the end of the first trimester. But when I had a threatened miscarriage at 11 weeks they were unresponsive and unhelpful. They claimed later this is just how fertility clinics operate due to the high cost of malpractice insurance. I have since found out people about who were helped by their clinics after 9 weeks.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends.
I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He was always very responsive and thoughtful
I don’t remember dosages. I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
“They get the job done” someone told me and they were right. Weakness of the clinic is that the east side office is unhelpful and unresponsive. I had a very bad experience when I went there at 11 weeks after waking up to a gush of blood. I had called the on call doctor who never called me back. Because it was a Saturday I went to the east side-the only open location. They had me wait for a while then said nobody could see or speak with me because I was too far along (had been told conflicting info earlier in my treatment). At this point I’d been going to RMA for over a year and this was shocking and very upsetting. I insisted on speaking with someone and the clinician who told me “legally we can’t see you” wouldn’t tell me her name and was very antagonistic. So I went to an ER and found out I had a threatened miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I preferred the soho office. Hours were later, it was smaller, and the atmosphere was more friendly.
We paid less than 10k out of pocket including copays
NY - Westside

Dr Stein took time to speak with us at our initial consultation and explain all options and then again at the follow up before moving to ivf. He doesn’t speak to you at each step and you won’t see him unless there is a specific reason. I did sometimes feel a bit like a number and my main communication is though the nurses and coordinator...He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready.
[RMA of NY is] Organized, efficient many locations, nice staff. The financial coordinators are hit or miss but I can tell they care and are responsive. They also seem to be reasonablely priced comparatively. My insurance had a 10k cap that I which I would have know about prior to all the medicated rounds, which the coordinators didn’t inform me about...[our assigned nurse] was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein has many years of clinical experience and I felt in good hands. He’s to the point and let’s you know what he thinks the best treatment is and chances and has been very optimistic with us even when things clearly were not going as we hoped. I went through 3 rounds of letrozol then 2 rounds of clomid and iui. He suggested that we move to ivf after 3 rounds but I just wasn’t ready. When we did decide to move to ivf I did gonal f- menapure, and another drug for ~9 days as I had tons of follicles before retrieval. Dr Klein I believe did my retrieval (this is dependent on timing) and got 40+ eggs, 36 fertilized, 26 to day 5, and resulted in 18 genetically normal embryos . We had to wait a month or so as the clinic was closed over the holiday which was a bit annoying prior to starting the transfer cycle. When we did start he found that I had a bacterial infection - endometris which I guess is somewhat common. I did the first round of antibiotics which didn’t work, did another biopsy and then a 2nd round of antibiotics - which were brutal and both made me pretty sick. They don’t test again after the second round which I sorta wish they would. So that were we are for the past few months, covid hit during this time which obviously is delaying timing.
If your expecting hand holding every step of the way this isn’t the doctor you.
Ivf agonist protocol - 9 days, had many follicles - retrieved 40+ eggs, resulting in 18 day 5 embryos ( genetically tested)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza )
Eliza was great however she was not always the one who called, other nurses were mostly also helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was pretty easy and I would go to the Brooklyn office.
My insurance capes at 10k. Costs for the 5 medicated rounds I paid copays and medication cost ~ 500, ivf paid another 8k which included genetic testing (paid 3k for 26 Embyos tested, 3.5k for each transfer, additional cost for blood work and biopsy’s ~ 2k
ESet - clinic does not seem to offer double transfers
Lost husbands paperwork
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be...Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child...he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended..
IVF retrieval process [at RMA of NY] was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs...It was a very well-oiled machine and they worked as quickly as possible to get patients in and out. I learned quickly that Mondays and Fridays were the busiest days in the West Side office so to leave myself more time.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Strengths: Very clear communicator, he doesn't sugar coat things and he does what he thinks is best for you as if you were his own child. He is goal orientated - his goal is to get you to a point of a healthy full term pregnancy as best as he can and he is very persistent about reminding you about that when setbacks or disappointments occur because he is laser focused on that. Extremely goal orientated. Weakness - he can sometimes be so straightforward that it stings a little, you have to be able to hear it and not get personally offended because it truly is coming from a good place and a place of caring to get you to the finish line.
Don't have expectations of every morning monitoring you will see him as the doctors are on rotation, but they are all lovely. Also, Dr. Stein is straightforward, which means he wont sugar coat things, just know that he is trying his best to get you to the finish line, a healthy pregnancy.
Dr. Stein was encouraging, hopeful and I could tell he was intimately caring about my case and trying hard to get me to where I wanted to be. I had to learn that morning monitoring hours were not the time and place to ask detailed questions since he had many people to see, but he was happy to speak with me afterwards or at an appointment in grave detail as I am someone who wanted to know everything and feel educated about this process.
We started with PCOS panel as their is a history in my family, then after those results, got on thyroid medication and did my first IUI since nothing else was of concern based on blood work that came back. First IUI resulted in a miscarriage. Then further aggressive testing was performed because that was of concern and they found blood clotting issue as well as a polyp was found in uterus. I was given a recommendation from Dr. Stein to see a hematologist and had surgery to remove polyp. Had two more IUIs which failed and then moved to IVF. Overall things were showing up as unexplained secondary infertility and recurring pregnancy loss so IVF was the next best step to get me towards a healthy pregnancy. I had a retrieval of 14 eggs, 10 made it past day one and shockingly only 2 were ended up viable to send to the lab for genetic testing. If I were to do another retrieval the nurses from RMA shared with me that Dr. Stein would change my medications to help in increasing the amount of eggs they could extract since I had such a steep drop in eggs that made it through the first week. I am now waiting to do my first embryo transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had one nurse that I clicked with so I would ask to speak with her when I could and when she was in. The other nurses were wonderful as well and only once did a I have a nurse call me and I realized she didn't read through my file well enough before calling me. Otherwise, they were really so wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: Incredibly organized, attention to detail and ALWAYS trying their best to make you feel important and like a human and not another infertility case. Weakness: I don't know if this is really a weakness, but I remembered when I first started to go and it hit me like a ton of bricks how many men and women are seeing a fertility doctor and I wasn't alone, but at the same time I was still working through my shame of being there and ran into people that I didn't want them to know I was there. The west side office is smaller which I really preferred over the east side because it was more intimate and personal
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was so much especially because my insurance is not that great, coverage is super minimal. IVF retrieval process was around $15,600 and for the embryo transfer I believe it was $3,200 and that doesn't include fees to the lab for embryo testing and it doesn't include some of my medication costs.

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Daniel Stein] He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed...[new patient advice] Do your own research, ask questions, but know he is very strict with his regimen and won’t necessarily change things if they don’t work for you.
[RMA of NY] Nursing staff was nice, but sometimes rushed through explanations or wrote the wrong thing in email while telling you another on the phonr...It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He go me pregnant with my IVF ever, but he is very strict with his regimen. I felt like at that time i was younger and probably didn't need PGD/PGS but it was not really explained to me. When I returned a few years later, I responded extremely well but had very poor fertilization results, which were surprising and i was left stumped and feeling like something had been missed.
He responded to most of my questions when asked during appointments or after vis email, but i did feel some answers were quickly glossed over or he did not respond to all questions when emailed. He was very empathetic when the last retrieval did not result in embryos and was available to speak with.
Antagonist with BC first retrieval and Estrogen priming antagonist protocol for second retrieval.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is very much a factory and i think they are into their numbers and stats. I was younger without any issues for the first IVF so it worked great (we had male factor), but now I am older (probably have older eggs) and I think their protocol should be tailored more for each individual. Also, we felt the urologist with RMA was very disinterested in our case so if you are dealing with male factor, probably best to go somewhere else.
Insurance covered first retrieval/transfer. Next round was about 15k. We also did a FET before second retrieval which cost ~3500 (failed transfer)
He prefers eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had great response the second tile and a high number of mature eggs, but none reached to day 5. I feel i could have done a day 3, but they do not offer this. We also felt that there may have been a lab issue, but none were disclosed to us. We just had a very usual result that other doctors were even perplexed by.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein did seem open and willing to go over the procedure. But he voiced his opinion early on about what he thought we should do. And being the doctor, the expert, that is probably a good thing. But it felt a bit like he was making the decision for us on what treatment we should do. I believe he did this because he truly felt that this was the best course of action for us and would give us the "best results." He is available at most visits and was very involved in my treatment.
All the staff here [at RMA of New York] was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. ... The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
From the beginning go in there saying you want to know all of your options and the expected results of each options, even if Dr. Stein doesn't agree all the options are the best course of action.
My partner and I are both genetic carriers for hearing loss, which we found out while getting treatment for infertility. Dr. Stein made the decision for us to do IVF before we fully made the decision for ourselves, and that felt a bit forced/rushed. In hindsight IVF is probably the best treatment for us, but we wanted to make the decisions not our doctor. Dr. Stein is willing to explain and talk about options, but he makes his opinion known as well. Which can be good for people who need more guidance, but can come off a bit strong fro others.
One of the first things we did after the initial consultation and tests was agree to a genetic test. Doing that test we found out that we are both carriers for hearing loss and that set our treatment off. We wanted to start slow, medications first and then IUI treatment, but because our kids have a 1 in 4 chance of having hearing loss Dr. Stein recommended starting right off with IVF, and we agreed. For the first part of the IVF treatment, I did two weeks of injections, going to my doctors office 10 times in those 14 days for blood work and ultrasounds. Once my hormone levels were up and my follicles were large enough I was scheduled for the egg retrieval. The results of the egg retrieval were 7 eggs, 6 were fertilized, 4 matured to the point that they could be biopsied. Of the 4 biopsied and tested 2 eggs are "perfect" and can go on to be implanted. I am now waiting to start the next phase for the egg transfer next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My IVF coordinator and the entire nursing staff is so wonderful! I started this treatment scared to give blood, I would faint, and everyone was so nice about it and I no longer pass out. They are all really nice and work hard to make the visits go smoothly. My coordinator was always reaching out to meet or just talk and was available when I needed something.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All the staff here was very nice and seemed to be on top of things. The front desk staff are great, they are fast to check you in and have your chart available to help facilitate. The nurses and other doctors all seem to be on the same team and when I had to see another doctor instead of Dr. Stein, that doctor seemed to know me and my treatment. The only department I was thrilled with is the billing dept (but they have to work with insurance companies, so I get it) but I had to double check a few things with them and not sure they had my financial interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the amount of women that had to show up for monitoring hours that clinic worked really fast and efficiently to see everyone. They did a great job.
I'm only half way done, but so far about $6,000
My doctors office will only do the single embryo transfer on me because the embryos were tested for genetic and chromosome abnormalities, so the changes of the embryos taking are higher. I think that is a safe approach in my circumstance.
NY - Westside
I felt confident that Dr. Stein...he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment...Strong preference for single embryo transfer...The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible
I felt confident that Dr. Stein and the nursing staff at RMA considered my case and my circumstances individually. The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible. They were also extremely amenable to my changes of heart when it came to my course of treatment (changed my mind a couple times about the timing of progressing to IVF - ended up starting sooner than we had initially planned)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was very attentive and also extremely knowledgeable. From my first visit, he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment.
Just trust his advice - he will give you the good news and the bad news straight.
Metformin 2 IUI's with letrozole Antagonist with clomid, "low and slow" stim due to PCOS / high AMH ICSI due to PGS testing Freeze all Fully medicated FET w/ estrace, PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Stefany de Brito Ramos)
My IVF coordinator Stefany was a lifeline through the entire process, and was extremely responsive and reliable. The nursing staff was also very attentive, communicative, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and reassuring when necessary.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
STRENGTHS: communication, efficiency of appointments, friendliness WEAKNESSES: it's a large clinic. you are somewhat of a "number," but at the same time that does keep things feeling efficient. There were never delays due to clinic scheduling for starting my cycle or scheduling procedures because a large clinic means they're running 7 days a week and are always available.
We were fully covered with progyny insurance but had no trouble coordinating between the clinic and insurance
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time...We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time
[RMA of New York] are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening...All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions...They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time. He never gave up on me and I was at the clinic over a year and I did not have the best attitude at the beginning. We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time. He knows what he is doing and he is honest.
Trust him and defer to him. He has so many patients and he has seen it all.
Dr. Stein clearly loves what he does and you can tell how enthusiastic he is to help each patient. He runs everything really well and just being part of the process makes you feel comfortable.
We did IUI just to see if it would work since I was only 30. When we went to IVF-it was pretty standard protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran)
All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions. It was a dramatic time for me and they were there to guide me. I am going to miss them!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA. is the best and I would recommend them to anyone. They have so many patients so that really is telling. I got the result I wanted and it seems that a lot of people do. They are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved how they were in the morning and I did not have to miss any work. They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long.
Covered by insurance! I think $15,000 was the cost. Even if not covered-well worth it!
Single
NY - Westside

Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
This was not done at the Westside office but at the Eastside Office. They gave me either wrong information or information that was not up to date. I had called to the eastside office for the results of one of my procedures and was given bad news. Later that day I got a call back with much better news from a different nurse. In between those 2 calls I had gotten depressed until the second call was made.
NY - Westside

My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he [Dr. Stein] suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
[The nurses at RMA of New York] are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!...Monitoring is from 7am-8:30am everyday. If in a rush, get there by 6:50, but they always have two doctors there, so you are usually in and out within 30 minutes if you show up later. There are always nurses there also if you need to meet with them...They only transfer one at a time at RMA. It is safer for both mother and fetus. They educate you on why.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is straightforward, honest, and gives you data based information. I did 3 IUI’s by choice (he told me there was a low percent chance they would work for me, but IVF felt too extreme for me to start with) that were unsuccessful. I then moved to IVF. My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Stein’s team is very personable, gives you same-day phone calls with updates after bloodwork and appointments, and are in constant contact.
3 IUI’s—Clomid then IUI’s which did not work (he has said they have a very low percent chance of working for me but I did them by choice.) 1st retrieval—GonalF and Menopur 2nd retrieval—estrogen patch priming, gonal F, menopur. The estrogen priming seemed to make a big difference for me. Implant: estrogen and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie (coordinator), Eleza and Krista (Nurses))
They were AMAZING! They are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: brilliant doctors and their teams, communication is amazing, space is clean, staff is friendly, open 364 days a year. Weakness: Your doctor might not do your retrieval and IUI’s. If doing IVF they will do your implant and pregnancy ultrasounds. Must go to Eastside office on weekends and it’s crowded—get there early!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our second retrieval we paid out of pocket, almost everything else (including all meds for the whole process) were covered by insurance. We probably spent 15K-ish.
NY - Westside

When we spoke to Dr. Sekhon, she was warm and informative and great. But we rarely spoke to her unless we emailed to reach out proactively.... Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).... Visit the downtown office in Soho if you want to see her. You need to actively email her and set up a call to really gain clarity.
RMA is a factory and we are all just a number. There is no link between IVF coordinators and finance which resulted in miscommunication between them to me, and I had to pay for my first cycle out of pocket as we were still waiting for insurance approval. There have been other instances where a nurse called and told me to "take the trigger tonight, and see you on Sunday for the IUI" without mention of timing for either!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We really like Dr. Sekhon when we speak with her, but it's rare. Our issue is mainly with RMA and how its run and the human error that occurs with the nurses on an almost regular basis. Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First protocol was Gonal F + Menopur + Microdose Lupron which resulted in 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 sent for PGS. Second protocol included estrogen patch + Gonal F + Menopur which resulted in 2 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Our lead IVF coordinator was amazing. But the nurses that called with information each time after a morning monitoring were sometimes not clear with instructions / next steps.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Can be a long wait but it's pretty expected so not a huge issue
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
approx 14k per ivf cycle not including meds
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA does not practice multiple embryo transfer (or at least it was not an option given to me, although in conversations after my failed transfer, Dr Sekhon said she would petition to their board to consider a multiple embryo transfer with my history)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They have called without giving me full information. I also learned that the nurse told me one thing about my embroys and later on the doctor said that was not the right information.
Lucky Sekhon
NY - Westside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle
NY - Westside

I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made....Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1 on a sunday and a doctor on call phoned me... I had left a message wondering what next steps were now that I was on day 1 to prep for a transfer, and she was confused about what I would be transferring. "you have no embroys with us" she said. Last I had spoken to them I had 3 that were still progressing. They told me later that they have in their logs that a nurse called and left a message, but a) I never got a message. my phone is glued to me b) should they leave that in a message anyway?
NY - Westside
My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him...talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information n
RMA of NY is a big place. People refer to fertility clinics/offices in NYC as factories, but I never felt this way at RMA. In fact, every morning (and there are lots of early mornings for monitoring), i was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. There is a large staff, but you will recognize the same familiar faces, especially when going in several times per week. I wasn't there long enough to know everyone on a first name basis, but I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was recommended to me by my OBGYN, and I could not have been more pleased with him and of course - with the end result - my daughter!! From the start, Dr. Lederman made my husband and I feel comfortable and at ease about the fertility process. Of course, we were nervous walking into our first appointment. (We were in unchartered territory and were surprised by the fact that we even needed fertility support to begin with.) After our initial appointment, we left feeling confident that we would be able to expand our family, and less than a year later, we did! Dr. Lederman talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information needed to make an informed decision about how to proceed. Although I was a bit weary of an IUI working (from talking to my friends and their experiences), my husband and I decided to proceed with an IUI as it was less invasive. I did not expect that it would work, especially on our first try, but it did and we are forever grateful! In the weeks following our positive pregnancy test, Dr. Lederman met with me to perform ultrasounds and check the status of our baby. He was genuinely so happy for us, and I cannot thank him enough for his support, encouragement and positivity along the way. Although my time with Dr. Lederman was short, (which is a good thing!), I would highly recommend him as someone to take this fertility journey with. In fact, when the time comes for us to expand our family again, we will most certainly be going back to Dr. Lederman.
One piece of advice I would suggest is to write down all of your questions. Dr. Lederman is patient and well informed. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and even twice if you don't initially understand. Writing everything down is important so that you leave your consultation having all of the facts and information you need! (If you forget, don't worry - Dr. Lederman quickly replies to emails!)
Dr. Lederman was the perfect match for me from the start! As soon as I met him, I felt like he was someone who I would trust to take this journey with. He spent an hour with my husband and I, getting to know us, our fertility goals, reviewing previous testing, helping us understand our next steps, going over options and reassuring us that with patience and time, our goal would be met. My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him.
Dr. Lederman suggested that we start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Letrozole in the days leading up to my IUI. Due to an insurance mix up at the pharmacy, I had to get Clomid instead. (They both do the same thing and in the end it worked for me!) I also did one trigger shot the night before the IUI. While on the table getting my IUI, I was talking to Dr. Lederman about scheduling my next IUI because I was going away for winter break and wanted to find out whether or not I could squeeze it in before my trip. He looked at me and said, "Let's give this one a chance and then we'll talk." Well - he was right!! I ended up pregnant and my next visit with him was to have an ultrasound to check for a sac. I went to Dr. Lederman for ten weeks, then graduated and went to a new OBGYN (recommended by Dr. Lederman). In those ten weeks, I had a million more questions than I had during my initial consultation. Dr. Lederman and his team were there to support me during this time. All of my questions were answered and I was extremely pleased with the close monitoring of my baby. **I didn't write a review until after my daughter was born as I was superstitious - but I am forever grateful to Dr. Lederman for helping me expand my family. He made this difficult process, extremely positive and calming. **
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman's primary nurse went on maternity leave early in my process, but everyone at RMA was extremely thorough, kind, supportive, friendly and easy to talk to! I always felt welcomed in the office or on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Every insurance is different. I suggest making sure that you call your insurance provider prior to your visit to find out what is covered. Luckily, I only had to pay a co-pay for each visit/ultrasound.
NY - Westside
I saw Dr. Stein for a long time. He has a lot of patients. I needed to explain my backstory to him each time and felt he never knew or remembered who I was even after many IUIs and a couple IVF cycles...has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns. New Patient Advice
RMA is huge. I spoke with countless nurses. They were all competent and compassionate...a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns.
Don't expect to see him for monitoring or egg retrieval. Also if you are someone who does a lot of research and wants to be very informed consider someone else. If you want to not do a lot of research on your own and want follow the recommendations of a confident competent doctor, consider him.
Dr Stein always recommends a freeze all cycle with PGS testing and single embryo transfers. As a low responder, I decided this is not the treatment plan I want to follow and have since switched doctors.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is definitely a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
I had insurance but paid OOP for some services. I believe ICSI cost $2500 and PGS testing $1500.
Dr. Stein will only transfer 1 embryo.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Lekovich] was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself [at RMA of New York]. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive...I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During the consultation she provided research information on the two options which she has provided us. She also referred us to a specialist for additional surgery/ second opinion and also provided us with research about treatment with out without the surgery. she was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
When i met with the Dr. she was kind and knowledgeable. During the consultation she has moments where she looked down and did not make eye contact, looked like she was trying to formulate her thoughts and was kind of distracted. So it was hard to see where she was going with non verbal body language. I thought she was checked out from our visit and wanted the visit to somewhat end earlier than expected. I was happy with the answers which she provided us, i just felt that eye contact would have made me feel more confident in her answer and knowing that took this visit just as seriously as we did.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I went to the Brooklyn clinic as it is smaller compared to the other locations and that is primary location for the MD. I liked that its a smaller office and staff and it doesn't make you feel like you're another number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I had medical insurance and had an office visit and some testing done in the office. I did not do any treatment.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
MD wanted 1 embryo transferred and i was inquiring about multiple. I explained why multiple and she dismissed it and explained her reasoning. She also reported that I am young and dont need to worry about doing treatment.... I wish she would have explained reasoning for 1 embryo vs.2 and to explain it deeper (in regards to my previous treatments/diagnosis). I felt it was very one sided on that decision and i was uncomfortable with her approach to that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During visit, I discussed with MD particular medications and the side affects of them. We discussed in length about which medications would be used. when meeting with coordinator, she did not receive the list of medication which we have agreed on. It took about several weeks for coordinator to confirm which medication would be used. Wrong medication was also faxed over to Pharmacy. I continued to receive conflicting information (which at no fault to MD) which left me uncomfortable. I also kept getting responses days/weeks later. due to the lack of responsiveness/several errors, I am uncomfortable continuing with the clinic for treatment. Every phone call or email left me second guessing/ with doubt. I wish i can trust the nurses/coordinators of this clinic but i have to do what works for me. I cannot start this process with conflicting information and its only the beginning stages.
Jovana Lekovich
NY - Westside

[Dr. McAvey] didn't really explain why they were doing what they were doing. I didn't know better and just went with the flow. Only until after I moved to a new doctor did I realize how left in the dark I was...I was supposedly under the care of Dr. McAvey for 2 cycles but only actually saw her twice after the consultation. Didn't feel like I had a personalized treatment plan. She also left a voicemail to tell me all my eggs were abnormal.
Every time I went in for monitoring aka "cattle call" [at RMA of New York] I saw a different doctor. They were all very nice and I'm sure great doctors but the problem is with these big clinics is that you really don't have one person truly dedicated to your success. IVF is all about timing. How can a doctor that hasn't even seen my ovaries make any sort of decisions on my cycle? And even if she wasn't there for all the visits, she never once called or emailed me to see how I was feeling. No one ever told me what my embryos were graded or was wrong with the embryos after testing.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
It's actually pretty hard to share my experience with her because I barely saw her in the 4 months with RMA. We had a none existent relationship. Every time I went in for monitoring aka "cattle call" I saw a different doctor. They were all very nice and I'm sure great doctors but the problem is with these big clinics is that you really don't have one person truly dedicated to your success. IVF is all about timing. How can a doctor that hasn't even seen my ovaries make any sort of decisions on my cycle? And even if she wasn't there for all the visits, she never once called or emailed me to see how I was feeling. No one ever told me what my embryos were graded or was wrong with the embryos after testing. It was my first time doing IVF and didn't even know to ask. I was never told any blood work results. I learned I didn't really know much about anything until I got my medical records to move over to a fertility doctor. I also felt they dropped the ball with the last cycle. Then on about 5 days into this last cycle, a dr said there were only 3 eggs that looked mature. So I emailed Dr McAvey asking if she thinks there are only going to be 3 viable eggs then maybe we should cancel the cycle. We're paying this out of pocket so not trying to throw 15k out the window. Then the next day she upped my dose drastically like a Hail Mary attempt to get some more eggs to mature. The day before retrieval my I believe my biggest one with over 23mm which is huge and one or 2 others over 20. I feel she pushed those to the limit to try to get some others to grow. We did a half dose of the trigger. Ended up with one abnormal embryo on day 5. So, I was right. 15k out the window.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
FInd another doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
They didn't really explain why they were doing what they were doing. I didn't know better and just went with the flow. Only until after I moved to a new doctor did I realize how left in the dark I was.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were very nice and pleasant but you still feel like your being moved through an assembly line during morning monitoring. The nurse that was assigned to always sounded kinda cranky. But they called in a timely manner to let you know what meds to take and when to come in again
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to work on making patients feel like people. Having fertility issues is devasting and everyone just lacks compassion. The place feels like a baby making assembly line. I also feel I was kind of pushed to PSG testing. They didn't really talk to me about it. I just got a bill that said I was doing IVF with PGS. I thought it was what the doctor thought was best for me but I'm pretty sure that's how they keep their stats up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call for sure but in and out pretty quick
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
I got a discounted rate through the Glow app. It was 15k for the cycle including monitoring since we didn't do a transfer they applied that money to the new cycle making it 12k.
Describe Beth McAvey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Never got that far
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I've had issues with there billing department. The woman who was supposed to help with insurance didn't. She said my insurance wouldn't cover the meds because I only had one tube blocked not both. I called Prime Therapeutics myself and they said that was COMPLETELY untrue. So after 4 months, a million phone calls and a mountain of paperwork I got my first reimbursement check in the mail for 4K and hopefully getting another one for 6K by the end of the week. I shouldn't have to be going through this aggravation. A simple preapproval needed to sent to insurance, that's all she had to do.
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside

First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He [Dr. Lederman] also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
The interactions with the office [RMA of New York] were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
Take detailed notes, and ask for crystal clear steps / timelines.
The interactions with the office were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
NY - Westside

He [Dr. Lederman] asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice...He was very approachable and very welcoming...He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational...He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
Everyone at RMA of NY has always been very friendly and caring. The main nurse I communicate with is Eliza and she's been amazing! Answering every question, email, calls, ready to see me anytime. She has great advice and genially cares. The IVF coordinator was Julia and she was also great in helping me get set-up and organize the meds process, and payment etc...the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first found out we had to do IVF, following the results from our first meeting with him, he was very human and caring. We went to see him, a bit devastated to the news, and he was very reassuring in providing us all the info we needed, all the steps, etc. He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational. We're still in the process of our first IVF, and having the transfer next week - hoping it will all go fine. So far, I'm very happy in working with Dr. Lederman.
Be ready to learn a lot about it. He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
We first went to see Dr. Lederman not knowing we had any issues and just because we had been trying to conceive for 7+ months and were getting impatient. We went there just to get more info, not thinking we even had any infertility problems or so. He was very approachable and very welcoming. He asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice.
We are doing our first IVF, due to male factor so I don't have any infertility diagnosis. I was put on birth control, then did menopur and gonal f for a bit more than 1 week, and then trigger shots for the retrieval. Since we did PGS testing, I was off meds for a bit more than 1 month and now just started the transfer meds including estrace and just started progesterone in oil shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza and Julia)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Yes, a lot of people will tell you RMA is a factory. But the truth is, that's a good thing in the sense that it moves quickly and they're efficient. Despite all that, the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
Dr. Lederman is against, and will not allow multiple embryo transfer. He will push you to do PGS testing if you can afford it.

2018, Consult
She [Dr. McAvey] informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
The wait [at RMA Westside] was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience was an eye opener on the reality of IVF treatment. I’ve always been afraid and believed it was a complicated process. Doctor McAvey made it sound very simple and hopeful. When we were unsure about the condition of my tubes she did a pelvic ultrasound immediately. We seemed like she genuinely cared about my husband and I and our journey. After having 4 ectopic pregnancies she showed tremendous compassion.
Don’t be afraid to communicate!
I felt like a number because she was very candid, optimistic, and seemed generally interested in helping my husband and I concieve. She informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
Before I could start IVF treatment I would need surgery to have my right Fallopian tube removed. Because it is filled with fluid there is a risk the the embryo can travel up in the tube. After this procedure I can start taking the meds which enables me to produce more eggs. During this time my husband and I were instructed to have blood work completed. I informed her that I would begin working for NYC DOE and she suggested that I should wait to being treatment because of the cost and my insurance as a NYC DOE teacher would cover IVF cost. This was heartbreaking to hear, however I have been trying to accept the reality that I will have to wait before I can begin this journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I dont have her name on hand)
The coordinator was helpful is describing the next steps. She provided me with all her available contact information which was comforting.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The wait was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
$375-$30,000