Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Jeffrey klein is a wonderful doctor with excellent bedside manner. He takes his time with every patient and never makes you feel like a number. I have yet to have success with a frozen embryo transfer at RMA but I do not believe it is Dr Kleins fault. He has talked me through every step and answers my emails 24/7(when does he sleep haha). Overall a wonderful doctor...If you dont have anything to ask dont expect him to sit with you for hours. However take advantage of emailing him. Sometimes I have forgotten to ask something and shoot him a quick email and he ALWAYS responds.
Strengths-efficient and easy to make apnts. Weeknesses- require an insane anount of paperwork every single time. Wish it coukd be used for life and not sign every time we have a procedure done...The nursisng staff at RMA is ok. There are some absolutely wonderful nurses there and a few that need to work on organization. All are pleasant and have great bedside manner...One piece of advice is have your questions ready. He is willing to answer everything truthfully and take the time to spend with you. If you dont have anything to ask dont expect him to sit with you for hours. However take advantage of emailing him. Sometimes I have forgotten to ask something and shoot him a quick email and he ALWAYS responds.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Jeffrey klein made my husband and I feel like humans rather than a number. He takes as much time as you need to talk at every apnt even if it is just a quick monitoring. I also love that 24/7 you can email him directly and he ALWAYS responds within minutes.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
IVF with ICSI Follostim Menopur Ganirelix lupron and hcg dual trigger 10 days of shots and retrieved 23 eggs 8 made it to day 5,biopsied and sent for pgs/pgd testing. 5 came back normal not affected by cystic fibrosis or any chromosonal issues. First FET-failed Second FET-chemical pregnancy Starting second round of IVF now. Same protocol. Note: we had to freeze my eggs and fertilize them 3 months later due to sperm issues so we lost a good amount of eggs in that process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It is first come first serve but they move very quickly. Monitoring hours are from 7:30-9:30 and between 8:30-9:30 it is slow and you walk in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Biopsy fees are $2000 out of pocket. PGS and PGD is all out of pocket and done through an outside lab. We payed over $10,000! Insurance covers my ivf but only until a certain amount.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My dr will only transfer more than 1 embryo if you are over 35 years old or have had multiple misscarriages and not tested your embryos. Inoriginally wanted to transfer 2 but he took the time to discuss all the risks involved and it all made a lot of sense.

2012 - 2016, Unknown Success
[WIth Dr. Jeffrey Klein] We did an ivf with PGD after my last two FETs resulted in miscarriages. I was told that I started to ovulate early and they only got 9 eggs, 2 worth while. They transferred an AA grade embryo and it failed they think due to ashermans. I was angry that he didn’t have me repeat an HSG beforehand so I had one afterword and they saw the scar tissue. I asked him to do an IUI because I had extra injectables and he reluctantly did it with my next hysteroscopy scheduled and it actually worked resulting in my second son.
[RMA is] Very big and I didn’t like going into the city on the weekends. I would have also liked 6:30am blood draws because as a teacher we have to be at work extra early. The city team was differently organized and they had a more business like mindset.... Audrey the blood tech was amazing and so sweet. Loved her! Martha was efficient and to the point.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I had a mixed experience. I was a patient of Stangel (whom i did 4 IUI’s and 1 IVF resulting in 1 love birth and 1 vanishing twin) whom retired, so I was given to Klein as a result. I liked him but i felt different than I felt with Stangel. He was great with email and when I asked him to do my IUI with injections he didn’t want to but after convincing him that I knew the risks, he did it and that gave me my second son 😊
Know your body and what you need.
Human but I did feel that at times he forgot my name, case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First come first serve and because I had to be at work early I would arrive 45 minutes early to secure my #1 spot on line.
It was over $15K for ivf with PGD
No. I wish I had transferred them both.
Westchester

I like the Dr. Klein is so easy to reach. He always answers my emails right away, and I feel like he knows who I am as a patient of his. Not just someone whose chart he has to check before each visit. On the rare ocassion I had to see another doctor, Dr. Klein always called me himself to check up on me, go over results... like the Dr. Klein is so easy to reach. He always answers my emails right away, and I feel like he knows who I am as a patient of his. Not just someone whose chart he has to check before each visit. On the rare occasion I had to see another doctor, Dr. Klein always called me himself to check up on me, go over results...
My only minor complaint about this clinic [RMA - White Plains] is that the major procedures have to be done in New York City. I initially picked the clinic because of its location. I also would have preferred that my doctor personally do my egg retrieval and transfer, but I know that's probably not realistic. I will mention that any time I was seen by another doctor, mine always followed up almost immediately with a personal phone call...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Don't be embarrassed to ask questions, because he is always willing to answer and explain.
He was very friendly and always took extra time to answer my questions and involve me in my treatment. He also is very easy to get in touch with.
Formy two IUI cycles I used 100mg of clomid on days 2-6 with the IUI on day 14. Neither resulted in pregnancy, but we have male factor infertility so we almost expected they wouldn't. For my IVF cycle I did an antagonist protocol with 225 of Gonal-f and starting with 150 of menopur all the way up to 300 of menopur for 8 days. The last 3 days I added .25 of cetrotide. I did a double Lupron and HCG trigger shot on day 9 and had my egg retrieval on day 11. They retrieved 10 eggs, 7 of which fertilized with ICSI. I am scheduled for a fresh transfer on day 16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Everyone was wonderful. I felt the staff really knew who I was without looking Up my chart. For example, I need a note for work if I am going to be late because of a doctor appointment, and the nurses knew without me even having to ask eventually. It was nice to feel a relationship and geniuine caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My only minor complaint about this clinic is that the major procedures have to be done in New York City. I initially picked the clinic because of its location. I also would have preferred that my doctor personally do my egg retrieval and transfer, but I know that's probably not realistic. I will mention that any time I was seen by another doctor, mine always followed up almost immediately with a personal phone call.
My IVF was covered by insurance but there was a $1500 co-payment, $750 for the anesthesia and then the medicines had various co-payments. Almost all of them were covered and the ones that weren't didn't exceed $150. I didn't pay a co-payment per visit each time I saw the doctor. I had a a few small ($20 maybe) fees for blood work when I began all of my testing.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
We had 3 unsuccessful IUI cycles [with Dr. Klein]...He kept me informed, and was often available by email outside of business hours if questions were to arise... he was not the appropriate provider for me; my issues were more challenging and I do not feel that he was able to exercise any creative approaches to my care, as my subsequent doctor had done. Dr. Klein was very kind and compassionate, and a true professional.
I hated being part of a large organization [RMA of New York]. I felt there was no true intimacy, and it was more like a business rather than a fertility clinic. It was very systematic, which I felt required the doctors to operate under certain guidelines, adopting a cooking cutter approach to treatment...There were a few miscommunications, either related to billing or medications. Considering this location is a Monday through Friday, 9-5 organization if things are not resolved within that window they would have had to wait until a business day. There was only one cycle coordinator and one financial specialist, so if they were not available you were not able to be helped.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I appreciated Dr. Klein and his honesty with my diagnosis and its relation to my chances of natural conception. He kept me informed, and was often available by email outside of business hours if questions were to arise. Although I understand he is a top rated doctor in this field, he was not the appropriate provider for me; my issues were more challenging and I do not feel that he was able to exercise any creative approaches to my care, as my subsequent doctor had done. Dr. Klein was very kind and compassionate, and a true professional.
Ask him questions, and challenge his responses if you are unhappy with them.
Dr. Klein was fine to work with, but I feel he operated off of a script. I suffered with DOR, and at an advanced age, it was unlikely that I would conceive on my own, however it was early into my treatment and I wanted to exhaust all efforts. I felt he was pushing us towards using donor eggs very soon into treatment without exploring other options.
We had 3 unsuccessful IUI cycles. We were preparing for IVF, but my insurance changed and the new insurance would not cover the procedure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
It has been a while, and my recall is limited, but I do remember a nurse named Janice. I was not happy with her at all. I feel that she lacked a certain amount of empathy you would need to work with women struggling with fertility. I also recall having to visit the Manhattan location on a weekend as the White Plains location was closed. On two occasions I was waiting to be seen and nurses forgot I was there, resulting in me having to get dressed and find someone to attend to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I hated being part of a large organization. I felt there was no true intimacy, and it was more like a business rather than a fertility clinic. It was very systematic, which I felt required the doctors to operate under certain guidelines, adopting a cooking cutter approach to treatment.
I do not recall. Most, if not all, of my treatment was covered by insurance.
2015, Unknown Success
I liked that he [Dr. Klein] gave us all of the different options and issues that may crop up from beginning to end and even told us to discuss payment options with finance since there were a few different ways we could go about paying since it was out of pocket.
For the most part there was a line [for monitoring at RMA New York] since we're in a metro area. They were pretty quick with the bloodwork. They would tell us ahead of time to make sure we got in early, but traffic to get there was a factor as well - so it was a domino affect. They wouldn't be able to control how many people would come in everyday.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He has a warm bedside manner. Explains all of the pros and cons realistically. Conscious of my anxiety with procedures and tried to make them as comfortable as they could be. Made time when he could, but had a lot of patients so there was only so much time.
There will be a litany of tests and schedule any conversations ahead of time and not during the prime morning hours if you can help it. He will tell you everything including things you may not want to hear.
He did get to know us individually and made sure we knew that we could reach him via email if needed to answer any questions along the way. I liked that he gave us all of the different options and issues that may crop up from beginning to end and even told us to discuss payment options with finance since there were a few different ways we could go about paying since it was out of pocket.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They would coordinate with each other about what was going on. If something didn't match up with what I heard I would tell them and they would find out immediately. They were polite and compassionate and informative.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
For the most part there was a line since we're in a metro area. They were pretty quick with the bloodwork. They would tell us ahead of time to make sure we got in early, but traffic to get there was a factor as well - so it was a domino affect. They wouldn't be able to control how many people would come in everyday. Sometimes it was smooth sailing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Some things had changed quickly because of the cycle and because it happened on a Friday and a prescription needed to be called in so I could get it in time.

2011 - 2014, Successful
I was with Dr. Lederman when he was part of Continum Reproduction [acquired by RMA of New York]...As someone who suffered through so many rounds of fertility treatments, I did a lot of internet research....Instead of making me feel like an idiot or just dismissing it, he would listen and encourage me to do what I felt would make me feel better. I'm not saying that trying the things I read on the internet helped, but if nothing else, they may have put my mind in the right place. I can't say enough about Dr. Lederman and his team. Not once did he ever make me feel discouraged.
I was with Dr. Lederman when he was part of Continum Reproduction [acquired by RMA of New York]...I can't say enough about Dr. Lederman's nursing staff. He only had 2 nurses that were taking care of everyone. They would respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner. They would always answer any questions that I had regarding results or anything else that I may be inquiring about.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was great with me. He was willing to sit with me and explain things. He would always answer any questions that I had. If I called, he would call me back personally and not have a nurse call me. I truly felt like he was vested in helping me get pregnant. Not once did he encourage me to give up. He always let me feel like I had control over what was happening in my treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I found Dr. Ledderman to be just the kind of fertility doctor that I needed. I think that if you are up front with him and tell him what you are looking for, he will be honest with you and try and help you achieve your goals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
The office that Dr. Lederman practiced out of in Mt. Kisco was very small. There were only 4 people in the office, Dr. Lederman, his 2 nurses and the office manager. Every time I walked into the office, everyone knew me by name. I never had to check in at the front desk, because the office manager knew me immediately and would let them know I was there. The nurses were great, and were very compassionate when a cycle didn't work. They were also very happy when a cycle did work. They would hug us as we graduated to our OB. Dr. Lederman was the only doctor that I dealt with (there were a few times that I had to have a transfer or a retrieval done by someone else). He would call with results and would sit with us after a cycle didn't work. He was willing to work with me and listen to my ideas about what I could do differently. As someone who suffered through so many rounds of fertility treatments, I did a lot of internet research. I would also ask Dr. Lederman what he thought about the latest thing that I read about. Instead of making me feel like an idiot or just dismissing it, he would listen and encourage me to do what I felt would make me feel better. I'm not saying that trying the things I read on the internet helped, but if nothing else, they may have put my mind in the right place. I can't say enough about Dr. Lederman and his team. Not once did he ever make me feel discouraged.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We used a few protocols. Dr. Lederman worked with my natural cycle, instead of using birth control pills with me. He didn't like the reaction that I would have while take the pills and didn't want me to take them. The medications that I used in the cycles were: Menopur - used in all cycles Follistim - used in all cycles Lupron - used in all cycles Ganirelix - used after first cycle due to not using birth control pills ( I have an adverse reaction to birth control pills) PIO Shots - Used after first 2 cycles due to having better results Progesterone Suppositories - used in first 2 cycles Doxycycline - used in all cycles Medrol - used in all cycles Metformin - Used after 1st cycle to help with my PCO tendencies I also suggested taking a baby aspirin and Dr. Lederman included that in my regimen. Our first cycle produced very few embryos, due to the eggs be polyspermy. Dr. Lederman suggested that we use ICSI to eliminate this happening again. I was able to get pregnant with a singleton on my second cycle and I gave birth to my son. When my son was 6 months old I started trying again to get pregnant. I had a very hard time. I had 2 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Lederman suggested that we have the embryos tested with PGS after that so that we could ensure that the embryos were were using were viable. We did one last cycle with Dr. Lederman to retrieve eggs and do a fresh transfer. Dr. Lederman's group had just been bough by RMA at the time and they had a different protocol for the embryos that was having better results. We were able to get 5 embryos from that retrieval that were viable after the PGS testing on the 5th day. We did 3 transfers that didn't work, with single embryos. Our last transfer we put back the 2 remaining embryos and I was pregnant with twins. They were born at 34 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I can't say enough about Dr. Lederman's nursing staff. He only had 2 nurses that were taking care of everyone. They would respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner. They would always answer any questions that I had regarding results or anything else that I may be inquiring about. They would be really happy for you if you got a positive outcome. They excitement was heard in their voice when they would call with results, or when they would tell you about going in to hear the heartbeat for the first time. They were also really sympathetic if things didn't work out, and would show compassion for what you were going through.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I was with Dr. Lederman when he was part of Continum Reproduction. All of the retrievals and transfers were done int he New York City office. I did 9 cycles in that clinic and everyone there was great. The nurses and embryologists were terrific. There was not one person in either location that I could say a bad word about.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman and his staff would open the office early to accommodate people's work schedules. He would see me at 7 or 7:30am most days, so that I could get to work by 8am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered almost all my costs. I had to pay for the first 2 IUIs that I did, because I didn't check to see if fertility treatments were covered. We also had to pay for the last frozen transfer and the PGS testing. The PGS testing was not covered by the insurance. The last frozen transfer was done after I started a new job and we had used all the fertility coverage on my husbands insurance with the first 2 rounds.

2011 - 2013, Successful
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient... Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics... Expect good results but not a lot of hand holding and warm cozy feelings. They run a very efficient factory with high ratings but not touchy-feely.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient. As if I were greedy wanting to try to have a second child.
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics. Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
First cycle was just IUI, second used ovidrel and IUI, third was Clomid, Ovidril and IUI (I had severe reaction to Clomid), 4th was injectable with Ovidril and IUI (result ectopic). Last was injections, egg retrieval, IVF, 3 embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth, 1 embryo frozen. 1 year later, embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They answered questions but I didn't get a lot of compassion at missed attempts or after ruptured ectopic that almost killed me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Usually convenient. I was there at odd hours but could be forced to wait, especially my second experience, almost as a vendetta even if I was the first patient there.
~15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Office staff were quite rude. They would chat or take other patients in before me forcing me to wait extensively for what appeared to be personal dislike. I overheard them discussing me as "weird" as if that justified being unprofessional.
2007 - 2011, Successful
I felt like a human. The only problem I had was that I was always asked to sign in when I arrived at the office and then the sign in sheet was left out for everyone to see. I was concerned about my privacy and how the lack thereof could affect me at work. The receptionist laughed about me crossing out my name when I left, and I told her that it wouldn't be funny if I lost my job. Hopefully they've become more careful about privacy.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I interviewed one other doctor and much preferred Dr. Klein. Convenience was a factor but I also prefered Dr. Klein's manner. He did not recommend medication for me (at age 36) and the other doctor did. I got pregnant on my first try, with two back to back IUI's. I didn't love that when I talked about tracking my fertility he called that the "loosy goosy method." I actually found ovulation predictor kits ineffective but have a good sense of when I'm ovulating, so didn't need them. I also was on thyroid medication and dropped off my blood test results with him, expecting that he would manage that, but I got the feeling that he never looked at them, and was told by the receptionist that he wouldn't. That's fine. I found another endocrinologist to manage that during my pregnancy, but would have felt much safer being told that right away. I didn't know what questions to ask. I still recommend him, but recommend that you make sure to ask if there are any concerns so you know what is in his domain and what isn't. All in all, I got what I went there for and ended up very happy. Oh- inseminations had to be performed in the city but I was able to have all the testing done in White Plains.
Just talk to them about privacy if that's a concern for you, and ask questions about any medical concerns so you know if you need to see another specialist as well.
Simple IUI, back to back. I had to get them paperwork in order to have the sperm sent there. I had a blood test to check my FSH levels. Then I went in when I suspected that I was ovulating and had an ultra sound. He recomended a trigger shot just to make sure that the egg would be released at the right time, being that all the inseminations only happened in the mornings. He didn't go over whether this carried any risk and I didn't ask. He did not recommend any medication and I didn't need any. Inseminations were fine, doctors were nice and wished me luck. After the inseminations I was asked to come in for a blood test, maybe in two weeks to determine pregnancy. I got the call later that day and asked how strong the numbers were (someone who had been through fertility treatments told me to ask). She told me what range was good and what mine were. She told me to come back in a few days later for another blood test to see if the numbers doubled. Then at 6 weeks maybe, I went in to hear the heart beat. Soon after he referred me to an OB practice and wished me well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Honestly, I mostly worked directly with Dr. Klein but I don't remember any negative interactions with anyone other than a receptionist who found my concern for privacy amusing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
all said already- weakness back in 2007, having to sign in and let everyone see your name everything else was positive
I think my insurance covered everything but the sperm.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I made the mistake of assuming that the doctor would pay attention to my thyroid levels and make sure that they were what they should be with my pregnancy. It turns out that I needed to see a specialist to handle that and I think when asking about my medical history they should have told me to make sure there was a specialist managing my throid levels for pregnancy instead of just ignoring it until I happened to ask.
Westchester

He [Dr Matthew Lederman] is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way...[Nurse] Martha is very kind. Sometimes it seems the staff is overwhelmed with too many people, but she is helpful.
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha [at RMA White Plains]. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%...The clinic is very large and when you have to go to NYC location it is incredibly overwhelming, plus parking is awful....There have been times where the billing staff has been awful and made major mistakes that I have corrected. Sometimes I do feel like a number.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%.
He can be very clinical, so you may have to ask him to explain things in a more simple way. Just know that you can ask him anything at anytime and he will get back to you, even when he is on vacation.
He is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way.
I used the "standard" protocol for my first IVF and did not respond well, resulting in only 4 eggs and 2 making it for PGD testing. He now changed the protocol and I'm hoping to start again. He has also done a lot of testing to find out why I miscarried at PGD/PGS tested embryo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We have insurance, thank god! So it has costs us about 7K with medication.

2019 - 2021, Successful
We were pretty defeated when we switched to Dr. Lederman. He was patient and understanding. 2 frozen embryos has lead to our 18 month old daughter and another baby on the way. I would highly recommend him!...Meds and timing were adjusted for optimal results before the retrieval. Transfer was pushed back a week for optimal hormone levels...they enforced embryo testing before transfer.
[RMA of New York] enforced embryo testing before transfer......I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second...I was called by 2 different nurses on the same day with different medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he is patient and understanding.
Even though they were busy they didn’t rush you in and out. They patiently answered all of your questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The staff was all friendly and would call to communicate all results.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second. Front desk staff in Westchester are very friendly.
I believe when did retrieval and transfer was about $17k.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I like that they enforced embryo testing before transfer.

Investor
Dr. Klein is by all accounts an excellent doctor (and I'm the daughter of a doctor, and I have two Ivy League degrees, so I'm a VERY well informed, picky patient!). His attention to detail and understanding of data/risks and medical care is top notch. In addition, he is incredibly caring and compassionate - a rare blend. He is highly practical, but knows when to be cautious, and is one of the best practitioners in the field. Anyone with fertility challenges is lucky to be his patient, and my 9-week old embryo and I will be sad to leave!

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Klein was amazing. He was very realistic with us about our chances and was still willing to help us. He was very responsive on email and in visits. He gives a frank assessment of your situation and was a welcome relief from doctors who gave us the runaround...Dr. Klein is incredibly reachable and responsive. He answered all of my questions reasonably and bluntly...Email him - he's very responsive. If you're not a fan of the blunt reality of your situation, he's not your guy...
The [RMA] White Plains office is great, it's very small and you can get in and out very quickly. The NYC office is a little more clinical and like you're a number...The donor egg nursing staff is very engaged and responsive. I thought they did a great job matching our donor and responding to our questions and concerns...The most important change Dr. Klein used was only utilizing day 5 transfers for our embryos. Our prior clinic used day 3 transfers and they were not successful. He also allowed us to transfer multiple embryos each time, which greatly improved our odds of success...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The White Plains office is great, it's very small and you can get in and out very quickly. The NYC office is a little more clinical and like you're a number.
More than $20,000 per cycle.
2010 - 2011, Successful
Email him [Dr Jeffrey Klein of RMA of New York in Westchester ] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell. him [Dr Jeffrey Klein] any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was great especially on email he would get right back to us. Office is very busy but assume that is the case with all clinics.
Email him any questions or concerns and also meet with him not during the morning rush to discuss treatment plans. We met with him each cycle and he spent an hour with us each time once on a Friday night he stayed extra late to answer all of our questions and we closed the office with him. He always called us to answer questions after we were upset with the results of a cycle during his family vacation and you could hear the kids in the background. He really tried to be available and you could tell.
Dr Klein took the time and met with my husband and I on multiple occasions. One time he felt like he didn't answer all my questions and called me later that day when he had more time to talk. It was very scary time not knowing the outcome but he was great
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nurses were good. Got to know them by first name.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Was pretty quick and first come first serve so i tried to get there early since I had a long commute to the city after my appt
20k
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly...I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf...he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis...care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen...Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Medical assistants [at RMA of New York] were all friendly...Never had to really wait...easy to make appointments...lab results came back same day...weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account...After my chemical pregnancy my hormones were crazy...the cycle day of the blood work wasn’t adding up to where I was in my cycle and dr Klein wasn’t clear on this
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He always answers my emails but sometimes doesn’t answer the question directly .. I felt he didn’t take my care very seriously bc I didn’t do ivf .. he was just laid back with my iuis and wanted me to start ivf but without giving enough chances to iuis .. care wasn’t always clear and he didn’t believe in supplementing with progesterone or estrogen ..
Stay on top of your care
Because his practice is very busy
Letrozole 7:5mg for 5 days with trigger shot and one ultrasoundb
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Medical assistants were all friendly .. nurse was okay
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Never had to really wait .. easy to make appointments .. lab results came back same day .. weaknesses is dealing with the finance office it got confusing because there were a few different girls handling my account
700 for iui cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
After my chemical pregnancy my hormones were crazy the cycle day of the blood work wasn’t adding up to where I was in my cycle and dr Klein wasn’t clear on this
2016, Unknown Success
[Dr Lederman at RMA of New York was] rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person....Accurate, but seemed chilly in his demeanor. Results oriented, but only for "physical" issues....Allowed children to go to appointments (except IVF) which is helpful when dealing with secondary infertility.
Don't expect warmth.
Rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person.
Since I had unexplained infertility, he suggested we follow the protocol put in place and covered by my insurance company (3 iuis on Clomid with IVF if they fail). He wanted to go straight to IVF.
Provided what the MD didn't.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Covered by health insurance.
Westchester

Dr. Lederman strongly believes in only transferring one single embryo because multiples pose more of a risk for both babies and mother...was always compassionate and very responsive to emails with questions and concerns...He is very knowledgeable and we felt confident in his treatment plan and suggestions for us. I greatly appreciated his prompt responses to my emails with questions and concerns even during evenings and weekends. We underwent 1 successful IVF treatment and are expecting our baby in August. We are grateful to have been in such great care during what is a very emotional journey.
Monitoring appointments [at RMA of New York] were always very quick and efficient. The appointment times were scheduled during monitoring hours and I never had to wait longer than a few minutes...My husband and I were very happy with RMANY. We trusted the entire team and process. I met different doctors throughout my care and felt all were compassionate and interested in helping us reach our goal. We liked that RMA is open 364 days a year to ensure that you receive care exactly when you need to in your cycle.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
My husband and I felt very comfortable in the care of Dr. Lederman. He is very knowledgeable and we felt confident in his treatment plan and suggestions for us. I greatly appreciated his prompt responses to my emails with questions and concerns even during evenings and weekends. We underwent 1 successful IVF treatment and are expecting our baby in August. We are grateful to have been in such great care during what is a very emotional journey.
Dr. Lederman was always compassionate and very responsive to emails with questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was very friendly and kind. They were always responsive and helpful with phone calls with questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were always very quick and efficient. The appointment times were scheduled during monitoring hours and I never had to wait longer than a few minutes.
Westchester

Dr Lederman is an excellent dr- he was thoughtful, caring, and communicated very well. He always answered all my questions and concerns and made sure that the visits were as convenient as possible for me.... [RMA of NY-Westchester has] Convenient locations and hours. Organized. Appreciated the work of the IVF coordinator and the finance team to answer many questions. Staff is helpful and caring. Can’t get a nurse on the phone, however they call back in a practical time frame
[RMA of NY-Westchester has] Convenient locations and hours. Organized. Appreciated the work of the IVF coordinator and the finance team to answer many questions. Staff is helpful and caring. Can’t get a nurse on the phone, however they call back in a practical time frame.... Monitoring hours were very convenient, starting at 7am. Process was organized and efficient. Never had a problem, or a long wait.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr was thoughtful and caring
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The staff and their coordination throughout the process were great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Fortunately I had insurance coverage for most of the process, so I reached my deductibles and had a few other expenses. Total spend was around $3,000
Westchester
He [Dr. Matthew Lederman] can give you a lot of information, write everything down!...was very thoughtful and caring. He always answered any questions and concerns I had, and took the time to explain in detail every part of the IVF process...His calm deamear is reassuring and puts you at ease. He is always pleasant and is always smiling...is compassionate, informative and truly cares. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and graduating to my OB, and while I am happy it is hard to leave because everyone is so great! I would highly recommend Dr. Lederman.
Everyone at RMA was very informative, however when you needed to talk to a nurse or any other department ex- financial you had to call the main number and they always had to call you back. They always returned my call the same day...Martha [nurse] always answered any questions or concerns I had and gave me all the information I needed before I left the office. Martha and Tatiana called and emailed every afternoon with results from blood work and instructions for moving forward. Thanks for making this such an easy experience!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I am so grateful that I found Dr. Lederman and his staff at RMA. He made me feel so comfortable throughout this whole process. His calm deamear is reassuring and puts you at ease. He is always pleasant and is always smiling. Dr. Lederman is compassionate, informative and truly cares. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and graduating to my OB, and while I am happy it is hard to leave because everyone is so great! I would highly recommend Dr. Lederman.
He can give you a lot of information, write everything down! If you have any questions, just ask and he will explain in more detail.
Dr. Lederman was very thoughtful and caring. He always answered any questions and concerns I had, and took the time to explain in detail every part of the IVF process.
I started with menopur. Took estrace and progesterone in oil injections after the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy)
The nurse's at Dr. Lederman's office in White Plains were wonderful. Martha always answered any questions or concerns I had and gave me all the information I needed before I left the office. Martha and Tatiana called and emailed every afternoon with results from blood work and instructions for moving forward. Thanks for making this such an easy experience!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Insurance covered a good amount of the IVF procedure.