Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

He's [Dr. Stein] very blunt which I prefer...You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office...He answered any and all questions, was available for phone calls if I had concerns. Made sure I understood the procedure and all possible outcomes...Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first...
I've been to 3 [RMA] locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see...The nursing team and IVF coordinator are amazing. They're super sweet and responsive. You deal more with them then your doctor since you see whichever doctor is on rotation during monitoring but your specific doctor will review your results and have the nurses call you.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's very blunt which I prefer. I don't need a doctor who's going to hold my hand but rather give me the good, bad, and ugly straight up. You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
If you want someone who's going to coddle you, he's not for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first. We need 3 rounds of that with no success. We then moved onto IUI, 2 of those and both were negative. Our last resort was IVF. I was on Gonal F, Menupor, HcG, and one other medication I can't remember for roughly 12 days. They increased my dosage of Menopur only once to get a better response and bigger follicles. I was monitored every other day or so to make sure my ovaries didn't become too large. We retrieved 11 eggs out of which 2 were sent for biopsy and came back prefect. For the transfer cycle I was put on estrogen and progesterone. I opted to take the oral and vaginal progesterone as the progesterone in oil is done with a very large needle intramuscular in your backside. I hate needles so I was very grateful for the second option.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've been to 3 locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was first come, first serve. Hours vary by office. Wait was typically 30 mins to an hour for the entire process (bloodwork and ultrasound) but it went fast with the amount of people they see.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I was worried that transferring only 1 embryo wouldn't result in a positive outcome but Dr. Stein assured us that our chances were the same and if we transferred both then we'd possibly end up with triplets or quadruplets. Also, I've read that transferred multiple can interfere with implantation. We did only 1 and kept the other frozen with positive results.
Investment Banker
Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees....Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight ... I am skinny... is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents...He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh.
[RMA - West Side] Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time....[Nurse] Loved working with Krista! She's kind, warm and full of compassion. She knows the work well. She took time when answering our questions and feels happy for our results....Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
First off, our background might be a piece of cake for Dr Stein. We are both just over 30 trying for a year. My hubby has very active spern counts. I am skinny but all good otherwise. Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents. We came 6mo later and one negative preganancy test on clomed and natural intimacy and one IUI which we succeeded and now I am 9 weeks in. Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions. He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh. Anyways overall good experience with Dr. Stein and hope all the best with our first one!
Trust him
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him...Its hard to point out any flaw with the care we received from Dr. Stein and the entire RMA team. - Dr. Stein is actively involved - from sales-pitching the practice to you on your first meeting, most morning monitoring, determining, tweaking, explaining the protocols, in close contact during the retrieval process and personally performing the implantation procedure. He even helped match us up with the right OBGYN upon release, based on where we live and our history...
[RMA - West Side] Strengths: Convenient location (for us), Work with our insurance (Progyny), well organized, mature setup across reception, billing, morning monitoring, IVF coordination and nursing care. Weaknesses - I cant really think of one...Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Please seriously consider Dr. Stein (as long as insurance and location works out for you) - you will be in good hands,
Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him (Happen one too many times - scarily - with the previous doctor we saw)
IVF cycle 1: Resulted in no embryos that passed PGS. Antagonist protocol that yielded 9 eggs and 2 made it to day 5. IVF cycle 2: Resulted in a pregnancy (currently at week 10). Was a modified lupron flare protocol. Yielded 11 eggs, 2 made it to day 5, one passed PGS and implanted successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
- the RMA team is kick ass. The IVF coordinator and nurse are available over email, and over phone and never take more than a couple of hours to return a call. Everything detail is organized and communicated in full detail. - Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
RMA is fully covered at zero cost under our insurance plan - Progyny. We had zero bills to handle, zero co-pays to worry about.
NY - Westside

When my e2 spiked and I was in danger of hyperstimulating, she [Dr Beth McAvey] canceled my fresh transfer so that my body could recover. She did a great job of monitoring my follicle growth so I triggered at the right time for the maximum number of eggs retrieved...She also pressured me gently to only transfer one embryo, because she thought my chances were so good, and I really wanted to do two. IVF is obviously an easier experience on a patient when it's so successful, so it's only natural that I highly regard Dr. McAvey. It's hard to know if I would have gotten the same great outcome the first time with anther doctor. I still have 11 frozen embryos waiting to be our baby's sibling.
They [the staff at RMA of New York] also were very organized and never missed calling me with my instructions, which was an unfounded paranoia of mine. Rma is more impersonal because you rotate doctors and there are so many patients, but it seemed to me that they have a system that works. I think if you arrive later in the window of hours for monitoring, you probably end up with a long wait. That happened to me once on the weekend, but at least I exp
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey did a great job monitoring my first and only IVF cycle after 7 failed iuis at a different clinic. I have endometriosis but there was no clear reason for my infertility. She was extremely positive about my chances. I think I ended up being an easy patient because I ended up responding very well to the stimulation cycle. When my e2 spiked and I was in danger of hyperstimulating, she canceled my fresh transfer so that my body could recover. She did a great job of monitoring my follicle growth so I triggered at the right time for the maximum number of eggs retrieved. I ended up with 31. She also pressured me gently to only transfer one embryo, because she thought my chances were so good, and I really wanted to do two. IVF is obviously an easier experience on a patient when it's so successful, so it's only natural that I highly regard Dr. McAvey. It's hard to know if I would have gotten the same great outcome the first time with anther doctor. I still have 11 frozen embryos waiting to be our baby's sibling.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions. Be in touch via email if you want more information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey was warm and took the time to share information and answer questions. She was receptive to email communication.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I believe I was on the antagonist protocol for ivf: I had a short 8 day stimulation cycle, and I took gonal-f, ganirelix, and menopur during that time. (Probably others I'm forgetting). Of course I started my cycle with birth control pills. When my cycle staRted and I went in for baseline, I had an ovarian cyst that delayed my start for two weeks. She prescribed me ovidrel to treat the cyst. I triggered with hcg. I had a lot of follicles to begin with and responded well (except for the e2 spike, which was fine). I had 31 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 12 made it to freeze. I then went straight to a frozen embryo transfer for my next cycle. I was prescribed antibiotics, estrace pills, and I was on progesterone in oil shots through week 9 of pregnancy. My transfer went off without a hitch. I didn't do bed rest or anything afterwards.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
I'm not sure if Erin was the primary nurse but she often was the one who called with instructions. She always was patient with questions. I also heard from Olga a lot. I didn't have too many interactions with nurses in person- mostly just leading up to the instructions for trigger, retrieval, transfer, etc. My ivf coordinator Christina ended up not being extremely helpful. She was new, but I found I could get information from my doctor or nurses, not from her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Rma is of course a big clinic with good success rates. From what I've read, the quality of their lab makes a big difference in their outcomes, but that's one area of the practice that we don't really see. I went to rma westside (except on weekends) and I was so pleased overall with how quickly and efficiently I was seen in the many morning appointments for monitoring. I had been so worried about missing lots of work, and I ended up not being late once, because if I got to the clinic before it opened (7am), I could literally have my blood drawn and my ultrasound done and be out the door at 7:20. Amazing! They also were very organized and never missed calling me with my instructions, which was an unfounded paranoia of mine. Rma is more impersonal because you rotate doctors and there are so many patients, but it seemed to me that they have a system that works. I think if you arrive later in the window of hours for monitoring, you probably end up with a long wait. That happened to me once on the weekend, but at least I expected it. They really move quickly though. At rma, I definitely didn't have that feeling of knowing the nurses well, even though I went in all the time. They didn't really know me by name. But everyone was always friendly and professional, so that was a fine trade-off to me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Weekdays 7-10am monitoring hours. I always arrived by 6:45, out by 7:30 at latest. Very efficient and well run. On weekends you have to go to the big main clinic. I had a longer wait there but it was quicker than I expected considering the number of patients waiting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
I was extremely lucky to have my ivf cycle and medications be 100% covered by insurance. I think we only had a few hundred billed to us (copays and an u/s at my initial visit).

2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed....We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** [at RMA of New York] While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He is thorough, but this can also be to his detriment. He spends a lot of time spouting facts and figures that don't necessarily apply to you (for example I'm 32, I don't particularly care about the success rates for women 40+ or risks for them). We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This is hard. You don't know what you don't know, so it's impossible to tell someone to ask a lot of questions, etc. when you don't know what to ask and you feel like you're getting thorough information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed. For anything else-- monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer-- we rarely saw him and just had to take whoever was on staff that day,
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
1) IVF-- my husband had testicular cancer and so his sperm count was low. Our first cycle was stopped as I was told my eggs weren't developing as a "cohort". Two eggs were "racing ahead of the pack" and Dr. Lederman felt like due to my age and health, we could do better. It was converted to an IUI where I had a negative home pregnancy test and the dr's office had a low positive (chemical pregnancy most likely). 2) Once I got my period I was put on birth control (pill) for about 2.5 weeks and then started hormone injections again. It took longer than anticipated before they did the egg retrieval (we were told about 10 days, it was 14 before my retrieval). My egg retrieval was extremely painful and I couldn't move and was in the worst pain of my life for several days. Nobody would prescribe me anything for the pain (various other materials I read online said other patients at other clinics were always sent home with an rx painkiller). I had also been told this procedure is "painless". They got 12 eggs, 10 were mature enough to fertilize (ICSI), 8 were successful, 6 grew, and we wound up with 2 the day-of. The doctor who did our transfer, literally as they were wheeling me out of the waiting area and into the transfer room, said "oh we want to put both back" so my husband and I didn't really have time to even think about it. We had been told, for years, that only ONE egg would ever be transferred. 3) This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and the most difficult time of our lives. The pregnancy test came back low positive (hcg about 8) so they told me it didn't work. Then my numbers continued to triple every 2-3 days and make huge jumps. This whole time I was in for monitoring every 2-3 days where various doctors, who were not my doctor, would tell me they didn't know what was wrong but something definitely was even though my numbers were in the normal range. I was repeatedly told they "couldn't find it" (the sac). After a couple weeks of this (getting good new the numbers were rising and then terrible news that they were convinced something was terribly wrong because they couldn't see anything) I was sent to an ultrasound clinic with higher tech machines as, after weeks of torture, my doctors office finally informed me that their machines aren't good enough to see anything that early anyway (!!!!). This place found an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two shots of methotrexate that evening and we had to stop trying for three months. 4) After three months, we went back to Dr. Lederman and said at this time we are only willing to try IUI (something less invasive). We are in the middle of our first cycle with Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Christine, but she left halfway through our first IVF cycle and then we had nobody)
Erin was the main nurse we had contact with. She was very kind and caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The weekend had one location open across the entire city and it was a cattle call. It is a nightmare to go there with waits lasting over an hour, nowhere to sit, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Our insurance covers this. I just have an occasional co-pay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They double-charged our insurance for our first IUI which then put us over our limit for coverage and stuck us with a huge bill. It took many days of calling the office and insurance company for this to get straightened out. They would routinely tell my husband he needed to come in for tests or bloodwork which they had already done.
Matthew Lederman

2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Stein] puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide.
All of the nurses I've talked to [at RMA of New York] are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very accessible and usually very warm. We have his email address and he always writes back promptly with detailed answers. I am someone who asks a lot of questions and who wants to know every little detail. I also have a lot of anxiety around this process which means I do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions to many different people on the subject (RE, OB, PCP, nutritionist, acupuncturist, friends/coworkers who have gone through this, 2nd opinions...anyone). He puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide. It doesn't seem to be about money with him - he truly seems to want us to get pregnant with a viable baby, and not just for money or to "up" his numbers. I really believe he cares. So far in our treatment he has been right in all of his opinions of what our fertility issues are. We aren't out of the woods yet, but I've been seeing him for just over a year now and we are definitely very close to a viable pregnancy with our own sperm and eggs. I have more hope now than I had before. Also, he always recognizes me when he sees me in the waiting room. He has so many patients, and yet he knows who we are. (Maybe he only remembers me because I'm crazy, but I don't think so - he seems to remember lots of people). It feels more personal, instead of me just being another number. UPDATE: We seem to be out of the woods now! After my 2nd embryo transfer (both with genetically tested single embryo) I am now almost 16 weeks pregnant! (1st embryo transfer with genetically tested embryo did result in a pregnancy, but he thought it was a chemical pregnancy as it miscarried very shortly after the positive pregnancy test). This current pregnancy - my 5th one - is the first one to make it this far by a mile. It's the first one I ever even heard a heartbeat. I'm still only cautiously optimistic because of all of the miscarriages prior to this, but we have hope!
Don't be shy to ask questions. He's fairly patient with this, but sometimes won't think to have us try a certain thing until we bring it up. For example we did two egg retrievals and only the second one brought us normal embryos (genetically tested). He assumed we were going to do a frozen transfer the next cycle. We thought about it, and then asked if it would make sense to do another egg retrieval and try to bank a few more genetically normal embryos before the transfer. (We had several reasons for this). He said that was a great idea, and he recommended highly that we do it, if we were up for it - but he didn't suggest it himself - we brought the subject up to him.
See my previous statement. I definitely feel like a person there, and not a number.
IUI: 5 days of Letrozole, then monitoring. IUI done when I had 2 or 3 eggs maturing. (Ended up in pregnancy - my third, but miscarriage at 6w1d). Rationale was not to use injectables for an IUI cycle, as those tend to result in multiples which is risky. So we just gave my ovaries a little push and it worked! But the embryo was abnormal (tested fetus after miscarriage and was missing part of the 8th chromosome) so IUI didn't seem to be for us. We needed to move on to IVF with genetic testing. Egg retrieval #1: 150 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 13. 10 eggs/8 mature/5 fertilized/1 made it to day 6/0 tested genetically normal. :( Egg retrieval #2: 225 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 24 eggs/20 mature/17 fertilized/6 made it to day 6/2 tested genetically normal (grades CB and DA). Rationale was to try and get more eggs than the first retrieval - which worked, and gave us at least a few "normal" ones. Decision as to whether we should transfer one of the "normal" embryos, or if we should try to bank a few more "normal" embryos before a transfer. Opted to bank. Egg retrieval #3: 200 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 10 eggs/10 mature/8 fertilized/5 made it to day 6/3 tested genetically normal (grades AB, BB, BC). Rationale was to get better quality eggs, rather than quantity. It worked! This was by far my best cycle in terms of embryology results. At this point we had 5 "normal" embryos frozen (although he said the DA looked really bad - and in all his years of doing this he's only seen a viable pregnancy with a D embryo twice. Transfer #1: 2 mg estrace taken twice a day. A few days later upped it to 2 mg of estrace three times a day. 5 days before transfer started 50 mg progesterone intramuscular shot once a day/16 mg Medrol for 7 days/1000 mg Azithromycen once. Transfer of BB embryo that thawed to an AA embryo. Lining was at 10mm. Resulted in positive pregnancy test (my 4th) but it didn't stick. Doctor said this was a fluke or bad luck that it didn't work - that with a genetically "normal" AA embryo with 10mm lining (and nothing else structurally wrong with me) this should have worked. Transfer #2: Same protocol as above, however upped to 75 mg progesterone when mine tested slightly low. Transfer of AB embryo that thawed the same. Lining was at 9mm. This one worked! (My fifth pregnancy). As of this writing I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean-Ann Mckiernan and Ferstendig)
All of the nurses I've talked to are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written. I really feel like she's in our cheering section and is hoping for us to succeed. Eliza was also awesome. When I got discharged from the RE's office (to my OB), I hadn't said goodbye to her before I left, so she ran out into the hall while I was waiting for the elevator just to say goodbye and good luck. So sweet!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very pleasant and clean and comfortable.
Our insurance was pretty good. They were in network the year where I had the bulk of my treatments (Anthem Blue Cross). They are not in network anymore, so it would have been much more expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing major. Our IVF coordinator isn't the best. I didn't feel that she had answers to some of our questions, or that she was a one stop shop for us. She is a very, very nice person, but we don't have a lot of confidence in her. We recently got assigned a new coordinator and it's too early to tell how good she is. UPDATE: Second coordinator wasn't much better than the first. I'm still not quite sure what an IVF coordinator is supposed to do.
NY - Westside
Dr. McAvey was very down to earth, explained things well and even responded to emails, which was really reassuring. She's smart, talented and well-connected. She referred me to a great doctor for my fibroid surgery...once when I did have a question, as she was running out of the office, she told me she'd call me on her cell from her car. She was really straightforward, smart and kind. There were a few times when I wish she had been more familiar with my file but I recognize that all of these doctors see sooooo many patients, I feel like it's actually our patient responsibility to do a lot of reminding with each and every appointment.
It's really hard to rate the nursing staff because it was so large. Some people were great. Some people were mediocre. Once I went and waited over an hour for a scheduled insemination because they had forgotten me--and I didn't speak up, I just waited patiently. Other times, I was seen right away. Some nurses were great at blood draws. Some weren't. I have a feeling things are a little better (ie. less busy) at the west side clinic...RMA has pretty much gotten IUI cycles down to a science: bloodwork, meds, ultrasounds, insemination, two-week call. Because I was at the beginning of my journey, this process was about making sure my uterus was in good shape (it was not so we had to work on that) and then getting me in and out for IUI cycles with the appropriate drugs. Pretty basic.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
If anything, I should've made more attempts to communicate with her as she would've made herself available. For example, I had a side effect to one of the meds I was on but because I read about it as expected in the paperwork, I didn't say anything. But when I brought it up at my next appointment, Dr. McAvey said I should've told them. I didn't know that I could/should. That was frustrating but, again, I know if I had reached out I would've gotten a response. For example, once when I did have a question, as she was running out of the office, she told me she'd call me on her cell from her car. She was really straightforward, smart and kind. There were a few times when I wish she had been more familiar with my file but I recognize that all of these doctors see sooooo many patients, I feel like it's actually our patient responsibility to do a lot of reminding with each and every appointment. I asked the director of a prominent cryopreservation lab about her and she had nothing but good things to say about her as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Show up early for your IUI visits because that waiting room fills up fast and there's usually a wait. Keep in constant communication with the doctors and nurses. If you care, ask for a female technician. They're there but there are so few of them I feel like advocacy might help.
My insurance was awful. They said they'd cover testing but ended up not doing so. As a result, I had to pay out of pocket for virtually everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was pretty steamed when I had been told to come in for an insemination, checked in and waited around for an hour because they had forgotten about me. This kind of thing is time sensitive so I was really upset but trying not to be because obviously stress isn't good. If I had advocated for myself more (ie. checking in with them every 15 or 20 minutes) things probably would've been different. But I was trying to be patient and calm and the room.

2015, Unsuccessful
The level of care and professionalism at RMA was appalling. It was impossible to get a nurse on the phone, it took ages to get called back, the nurses seemed unhappy and the doctors, too. I didn't know any better, but now I do. Awful...Packed waiting rooms, no one knows you, all profit, no compassion. Total factory...[Monitoring appointments were a] Cattle call. Huge waiting room that took ages...Dr Stein spent no time explaining what we were trying to achieve in terms of egg freezing, my treatment or otherwise. I had no idea what was going on and it was my first treatment cycle -- and I've been through 2 more since. He knew I wanted to preserve my fertility with an egg freeze, but we didn't talk treatment plan, numbers, protocol, nothing. Wh
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I have already explained how appalling Dr. Stein's ability to communicate and explain my treatment, protocol, goals and outcomes was in a prior answer. Here, I'd like to respond about how bad the medical treatment was, too. I told Dr. Stein that my body responds very badly to birth control pills and that was why I've never been on them for any length of time. Nonetheless, he put me on them and I got a cyst right away and we couldn't go forward with my cycle. Then, having immediately gotten a new doctor, it was immediately clear I was triggered much too early. No wonder I got only 4--yes 4--eggs, only 1 of which was mature!!! In my next egg retrieval I got 12 eggs a few months later, 8 of which were mature and in my most recent retrieval - 5 years later at 39 years old I got 10 eggs, 9 of which fertilized and resulted in 6 Day blastocysts. So the numbers speak for themselves. Terrible communication and medical care from Dr. Stein. Save your time, heart and money and go elsewhere as fast possible.
Run for the door.
Dr Stein spent no time explaining what we were trying to achieve in terms of egg freezing, my treatment or otherwise. I had no idea what was going on and it was my first treatment cycle -- and I've been through 2 more since. He knew I wanted to preserve my fertility with an egg freeze, but we didn't talk treatment plan, numbers, protocol, nothing. When I came in for my de-brief after the cycle, I raised this calmly and kindly as something I would have appreciated and he got defensive and literally told me to get out of office!!!! I told him he could not force me to do that, he had a responsibility to answer my questions about how many eggs I needed to preserve my fertility, to give me a reason why we didn't talk about that number ever or provide me with any information about why he selected my protocol. It was appalling. I can't imagine anything worse, really.
I would love to be able to say, but Dr. Stein never explained any of this to me and when I asked he got defensive and asked me to leave his office, as I noted above. I later received my paper records from RMA, but there is no rationale for the protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Number not a human. Packed waiting rooms, no one knows you, all profit, no compassion. Total factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call. Huge waiting room that took ages.
I can't now recall the exact amount, but with medications and the freeze, it was around 25k.

2015, Successful
I went to Dr Stein as a single mother by choice, with no history of fertility issues, and he created a plan for me that did not push for more treatment than necessary. He also explained his approach, and was available by phone and email. When I was pregnant, he had me schedule ultrasound appointments on his monitoring days so he could monitor my progress personally....Dr Stein listened to what I wanted, and provided a plan that worked for me. He explained why he recommended or didn't recommend a particular course of treatment and gave direct feedback on how I was doing.
The Westside location [RMA] is smaller, more personal, and tended not to be too crowded or have long waits for morning monitoring. Procedures were done at the main east side office, which was a bit more hectic and tended to have more waiting....Nurse, Eliza, was also very helpful, responding to emails and calls the same day...The clinical nurses who did blood draws and other tests during monitoring were fantastic. I'm very bad with having blood taken (get nauseous, woozy), and they got me through it quickly and without getting sick, and didn't make me feel rushed if I needed a few extra minutes to recover.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I went to Dr Stein as a single mother by choice, with no history of fertility issues, and he created a plan for me that did not push for more treatment than necessary. He also explained his approach, and was available by phone and email. When I was pregnant, he had me schedule ultrasound appointments on his monitoring days so he could monitor my progress personally. His nurse, Eliza, was also very helpful, responding to emails and calls the same day.
I did an unmedicated IUI with an ovulation trigger shot. My tests were all good and the shot helped produce a longer leuteal phase (I was ovulating late in the cycle naturally), so there was no reason to do medicated cycles. I had no indications of fertility issues, but was 40, so he supported my desire to strike a balance between minimal intervention and not waiting too long. I got pregnant on my second IUI (2nd at RMA, I also had 1 at Columbia). My son was born healthy and beautiful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstendig )
Eliza, the primary nurse I worked with, responded to emails and calls the same day, usually within a few hours. She talked me down when I got anxious, and helped with scheduling follow ups during my pregnancy when I was also dealing with my mother's terminal illness. The clinical nurses who did blood draws and other tests during monitoring were fantastic. I'm very bad with having blood taken (get nauseous, woozy), and they got me through it quickly and without getting sick, and didn't make me feel rushed if I needed a few extra minutes to recover.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westside location is smaller, more personal, and tended not to be too crowded or have long waits for morning monitoring. Procedures were done at the main east side office, which was a bit more hectic and tended to have more waiting.
Dr Stein was in network with my insurance. I had a copay for visits and monitoring.

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Flisser did not seem to be an expert in diminished ovarian reserve. He was not particularly encouraging based on my high FSH numbers and low antral follicle count. He was not willing to proceed with retrieval with a low number of follicles , which for me seem to be inevitable and with a different doctor at anotehr clinic, l I was able to proceed even though I had only produced four or five follicles and I had a successful pregnancy based on that procedure ... It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
This [RMA of New York] really seems like a for-profit operation. It's not a pleasant place to be -- dark, gloomy, cramped and not particularly clean. I don't think it's a good clinic for people with the diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve... It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Flisser did not seem to be an expert in diminished ovarian reserve. He was not particularly encouraging based on my high FSH numbers and low antral follicle count. He was not willing to proceed with retrieval with a low number of follicles , which for me seem to be inevitable and with a different doctor at anotehr clinic, l I was able to proceed even though I had only produced four or five follicles and I had a successful pregnancy based on that procedure . With Flisser there was also a whole situation where he thought I had an ectopic pregnancy and was recommending that I have a shot to induce a chemical abortion . I was certain that it was not ectopic but merely a blighted ovum which I had experienced in the past, and knew the symptoms of. I didn't want to take the pill because it would delay our next IVF cycle for several months, which is a bigger headache than it sounds like given the proliferation of days the clinic is closed in January, not to mention the very strong ticking of my biological clock given the DOR. In the end, I did not take the shot against his advice and it turned out it was not an ectopic but merely a blighted ovum as I had suspected. I think Flisser was erring on the side of caution, but this whole situation really left a bad taste in my mouth. He wasn't physically there for the after-hours appointment where the nurse was trying to push the abortion shot on me. He did, however, talk to me on the phone about it, which I suppose is generous of him. But in general, the situation made me feel like maybe fertility doctors like him aren't experts in early pregnancy in which case they should really refer patients to someone else instead of trying to diagnose things that are not within their realm of expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Leave RMA quickly unless you have really simple problems. My friends whose only infertility issues involved low sperm count did well with RMA. Others with DOR and other diagnoses really found better results elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
The waiting room procedure made me feel like a numbe . Also Flisser's reaction to my lab results and his canceling retrieval based on poor stimulation response made me feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specifics . It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I don't really remember but the whole place was not well run it was gloomy in efficient and pleasant and infantizing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This really seems like a for-profit operation. It's not a pleasant place to be -- dark, gloomy, cramped and not particularly clean. I don't think it's a good clinic for people with the diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I never got to that point with Flisser, sadly.
Eric Flisser

2014, Successful
[Our nurse] was very easily accessible via email (and I emailed a lot!). She was very patient and answered ALL my questions.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
We successfully conceived our first baby under Dr. Copperman and his team's care. We chose him as our doctor based on a friend's recommendation as well as personal research of his background/qualities. Dr. Copperman's knowledge and dedication to his patients' needs and plan is remarkable. We never once doubted his plan for us, as he was very confident in what would ultimately work for us. Despite not seeing Dr. Copperman at every monitoring appointment, we trusted his team of doctors. Since all the RMA doctors work very closely together, we knew we were in good hands. He was very realistic and honest, which was an aspect we really appreciated. I remember the exact appointment when he told me that "why go through a third failed IUI, when I expect that you will be pregnant by your 1st IVF cycle." Despite how hard it was to hear certain news during the emotional process, we knew we could trust Dr. Copperman's expertise to guide us to conceive as easily/quickly as possible. Even at Dr. Copperman's level, he took the time to speak to us thoroughly about our concerns and answered all of our questions throughout the journey. We couldn't be more grateful for all that RMA has done for us, especially Dr. Copperman.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Trust him! It's really hard to give away 100% control of this journey to conceive, but giving the doctor your trust is the first step. Also, having a "list" of questions/concerns ready in your head to discuss (aka be prepared as much as possible) helps. As everyone knows, doctors are all very busy and doing this will help ensure all will be addressed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
We 100% felt like patients. Dr. Copperman and I even joked about the intensity of signing up for Soul Cycle (NYC spinning class). The other doctors at RMA also were good at getting to know us. Everyone from the front desk to Dr. Copperman would know who we are (granted we were there ALL the time, as you know....). Despite all of above, the RMA team was still very efficient at getting all the patients in and out of monitoring, which as we know, is the most daunting. Even after our son was born, and we brought him into RMA, Dr. Copperman clearly remembered us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Bell)
She was very easily accessible via email (and I emailed a lot!). She was very patient and answered ALL my questions. She took the time to get to know us but yet keep a professional demeanor.
2014 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Stein was always direct, but caring. He was very open about our limitations and the course of action. He ensured that we fully understood our options and answered our questions. He was able to grow our family. I had a miscarriage during our time together and he was incredibly compassionate and empathetic...We did both IUI and IVF cycles
Many people feel like there are a lot of patients going in and out [of RMA of New York], and there are. However, my case was known by all that treated me. I was treated with respect, kindness, and compassion which is what I needed throughout this journey...They were warm, welcoming, and answered all questions...Monitoring was quick, easy, and efficient. Wait time was minimal if any.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Do not be taken aback by his direct approach. He is giving you the information you need to hear and he will always be honest.
Dr. Stein always remembered who I was and remembered my husband. He answered all my questions. While the visits were quick, that was due to my our longer consult appointments where he explained everything. He was always open to answering questions and never rushed me.
We did both IUI and IVF cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The staff at RMA see a lot of patients, but I always felt like they knew my case. They were warm, welcoming, and answered all questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Many people feel like there are a lot of patients going in and out, and there are. However, my case was known by all that treated me. I was treated with respect, kindness, and compassion which is what I needed throughout this journey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was quick, easy, and efficient. Wait time was minimal if any.
The overall cost was 15,000 but I don’t remember the breakdown.

2016 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Beth McAvey] is very approachable and compassionate. She explains everything in detail and is very knowledgeable and professional. We were always very happy she was our doctor and we recommended her to everyone we knew was looking for a fertility doctor...She always took the time to explain everything and answer any questions. I never felt rushed... I’m 40 years old so i knew it could take some time. She has always been incredible. She is very approachable and compassionate.
All the nursing staff and coordinators were fantastic. Our experience at RMA was really good. They all explained everything thoroughly and were caring and professional...Monitoring hours are 7-8.30am so it was perfect to be able to go before going to work...The clinic in the west side is smaller and it feels more personable. Also most of the time we barely had to wait. The east side is more crowded so there is more wait time, but most doctors and nurses in both clinics were great. The way they organize the visits is very efficient so the visits can be quick, but we never felt rushed when we had questions.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
We have been seeing Dr. McAvey for a long period of time, since the first consultation until i got pregnant for the second time. I’m 40 years old so i knew it could take some time. She has always been incredible. She is very approachable and compassionate. She explains everything in detail and is very knowledgeable and professional. We were always very happy she was our doctor and we recommended her to everyone we knew was looking for a fertility doctor.
Dr. McAvey was always warm, caring, compassionate and professional. She always took the time to explain everything and answer any questions. I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: I had several nurses and coordinators since i have been going to RMA for a long time. Erin Donnelly was one of them)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Our experience was great. The clinic in the west side is smaller and it feels more personable. Also most of the time we barely had to wait. The east side is more crowded so there is more wait time, but most doctors and nurses in both clinics were great. The way they organize the visits is very efficient so the visits can be quick, but we never felt rushed when we had questions.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein seems confident and positive. He is very clear when explaining what each cycle will look like. He has many years of experience, including many awards for his work in the field. Unfortunately, I have only met with him twice during my cycle, including the consultation. Often times, I see his nurse or another doctor that works in the office.
The office [RMA of NY] is always clean. The staff is welcoming and professional. Scheduling is easy. A weakness is that when I call with a question for the nurse, it usually takes quite a couple hours to hear back from them, but I do understand that they are busy....Dr. Stein seems confident and positive. He is very clear when explaining what each cycle will look like.... Unfortunately, I have only met with him twice during my cycle, including the consultation.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Go in with an open mind and manage your expectations.
Dr.Stein took the time to meet with my husband and I during our consultation, during which, we did not feel rushed or pushed out the door. He listened to both of our concerns and feelings.
I was prescribed clomid (100mg) for five days from day 5-9 of my cycle. On day 12, I had an ultrasound to determine the maturity of my follicles. On day 15, I had two follicles fully matured and was given ovidrel as a trigger shot. On day 16, my husband provided his sample and I had IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone in the office is professional and very calm.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The office is always clean. The staff is welcoming and professional. Scheduling is easy. A weakness is that when I call with a question for the nurse, it usually takes quite a couple hours to hear back from them, but I do understand that they are busy.
I pay a specialists copay from my insurance. They accept GHI for City employees.
NY - Westside

I constantly feel like I’m taking up his [Dr. Stein] time, annoying him with all my questions. He seems reluctant to talk to me, and doesn’t seem to pay any special attention to the specifics of my situation. ... When I had a miscarriage he never contacted me to talk. I had to call the office and begged to speak to him. I don’t understand why he is treating my case like this. ... During an endometrial biopsy, I made a noise because it hurt, and he said to me “don’t do that.” I felt awful.
Everyone [RMA of NY] seems knowledgeable but not great about financial support or navigating bills. Or any questions to be honest. Be prepared to have to make a huge effort to get people to talk to you, or explain things to you medically or financially. ... They [nurses] generally seem to be too busy. And when they call, their tone is way too obvious about whether they have good or bad news.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Many of my friends go to RMA, but see other doctors. They are shocked when I describe how I am being treated. During an endometrial biopsy, I made a noise because it hurt, and he said to me “don’t do that.” I felt awful. When I had a miscarriage he never contacted me to talk. I had to call the office and begged to speak to him. I don’t understand why he is treating my case like this.
Go to someone else at RMA.
I constantly feel like I’m taking up his time, annoying him with all my questions. He seems reluctant to talk to me, and doesn’t seem to pay any special attention to the specifics of my situation.
We did a few IUIs (with clomid)but since none were successful. Then we did an egg retrieval and got 4 embryos. Did transfer after genetic testing but it failed. So he did the endometrial biopsy which was positive, put me on antibiotics, and then I got pregnant on my own but miscarried.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They generally seem to be too busy. And when they call, their tone is way too obvious about whether they have good or bad news. It’s ridiculous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Everyone seems knowledgeable but not great about financial support or navigating bills. Or any questions to be honest. Be prepared to have to make a huge effort to get people to talk to you, or explain things to you medically or financially.
Each part of the process was thousands of dollars.
Glad he only does one embryo transfer at a time. I didn’t want multiple.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Stein felt strongly against multiple embryo transfer when the embryo had been genetically tested because there was too great a risk of multiples...He’s an excellent communicator, and though a knowledgeable and highly experienced caregiver, he can still answer questions on a very human level. His bedside manor Is compassionate yet direct.
[RMA of NY nurses were] Excellent at calling back, thorough instructions, lots of personal attention and care...It’s a fantastic place with friendly organized staff that I would recommend to anyone . They are prompt and organized, very knowledgeable and responsive. Recommend to anyone. Kiran was really a wonderful coordinator of whom I could ask anything
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr stein’s strengths are numerous and I would recommend his care in a heartbeat to anyone trying to successfully conceive. He’s an excellent communicator, and though a knowledgeable and highly experienced caregiver, he can still answer questions on a very human level. His bedside manor Is compassionate yet direct.
Definitely trust in him and his care; he will get the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Dr Stein was always very matter of fact about what was going on, heard me out and answered me fully and carefully, treated my concerns with compassion, understanding, and human understanding. He has given me 2 gorgeous kids ans hopefully one more on the way.
Treatment was very straightforward for me, rational was clean and relatively simple, and I had 2 full term, healthy pregnancies (and one currently underway)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran)
Extremely well oiled machine
Standard
Dr Stein felt strongly against multiple embryo transfer when the embryo had been genetically tested because there was too great a risk of multiples, which raised risks for babies and mom.
NY - Westside

While Dr. Stein is very approachable and willing to answer questions by email, phone or appointment, he does have a very large number of clients (as you would expect from RMA NY). I did not always see him during monitoring and when I did, time was often limited. Also, while he was very good about tempering expectations, I felt there was a lot of emphasis on only my age and not further exploration of other contributing factors.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. ..The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is an accomplished endocrinologist with a lot of experience. He was referred to me by a few friends / acquaintances who had positive views of him and his practice. When my first round of IVF did not yield a large number of eggs / embryos, his adjustments for and throughout the second round showed far better results. A third attempt may have been even more promising, but we ultimately chose to move on. In Dr. Stein's practice, there is not a lot of focus on preparation before cycles or treatment. There was very little advice on nutritional adjustments or supplements. For me, personally, I was looking for more guidance on how to possibly improve my situation from an integrative medicine perspective before jumping into another cycle. That said, as far as western medicine, I would recommend him to those that are focused on that kind of treatment.
If you have questions, continue to ask them. He can be responsive by email. If not, his office will set up a phone consult. He is direct and extremely knowledgeable, but I am not sure how much he thinks outside the box.
In my first IVF cycle, we used the microflare protocol that starts with the birth control pill. Given my work schedule, I was on bcp for a week longer than standard. I had fears that this would over-suppress my ovaries. I wholeheartedly believe that my fears were valid. The amount of eggs retrieved did not match my expectations given antral follicle count from several day 3 observations. Trust your instincts!! My second IVF cycle, using estrogen priming, yielded far more eggs. However, we opted for PGD and none of our embryos made it to blast even though they made it to day 5. Given my history of miscarriage, it was the right choice to try to test all the embryos at the time. However, for the next cycle, we will try to transfer some fresh embryos. After speaking to a couple friends that were also patients of Dr. Stein, it seems that we were all started with the microflare protocol. Personally understanding the variations of our circumstances, ages and fertility issues, I am not sure that starting all of us on the same protocol shows much consideration for individual situations. Of course, we don't know if he does this for all patients but it is interesting to note.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was good. Given the volume of patients, I did not always speak to my primary nurse. I don't even remember her name. They were knowledgeable and responsive but I did not feel like I got focused care. I was passed between 2 coordinators. So, I never felt that I had direct care as there was always confusion as to which of the 2 should or could respond to me. Again, this took away from focused care. My best experience was with one of the nurses that drew my blood. Whenever, she was there, she knew my name and expressed compassion. Unfortunately, there were also nurses that drew my blood that were more interested in discussing their weekend plans with other staff than giving me their full attention. If you go to RMA, make sure they are clear who is your primary nurse and your primary coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA has a good reputation, but they have such a high volume of patients, it's almost impossible to get the fully focused care that you deserve during this process. The billing department could use improvement with respect to organization and communication. Given the importance of removing stress during fertility treatments, worrying about billing issues is counterproductive to the process. Get to know your billing coordinator and stay on top of them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments are only from 7 AM - 9 AM on weekdays. If your monitoring appointment falls on a weekend, you have to go the Eastside office with similar hours.
Standard costs. Other responses here are accurate. Mine were a bit convoluted given he was considered out-of-network for me.
Given my age, Dr. Stein, expressed that he was against multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I am not sure if this is unique to RMA but the billing process was cumbersome and confusing.
NY - Westside

I did not get to see him [Dr. Alan Cooperman] at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
[RMA of New York] is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I am very grateful for Dr. Copperman. He was the third fertility doctor i had seen. After Many failed iuis with previous doctors i met with Dr. Copperman. Upon meeting him for my consultation he knew exactly what treatment plan i needed. I did not get to see him at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
Trust his plan for you. He has your best interest at heart.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol freeze all cycle with genetic screening
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and jordan)
The nurses were always there to answer any questions. The called back in a timely manner and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
NY - Westside

Very professional, well staffed office [RMA of New York]. Always ready to help. Open, cleaned and well equipped...The best [nurses] were the clinic associates. The ones helping the monitoring. That is a rocking team !...Dr Stein is a very knowledgeable professional. He is very clear on which direction to take and is ready to guide you during the process. He is honest and direct, he doesn't cover things. He could take a bit more time to talk during the treatment process. Feel that we have only spoken really taking time on the initial consultation then was very much in and out.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Do intermediate check ins with patience, propose scheduling time to discuss. Offer all the options that RMA has, nutritionist etc, since the beginning. So people can feel that there is a support system behind the doctor.
He was direct and honest. He remembers all patience and tries to be as present as possible.
Clomid for both IUI, pills super easy. Lots of monitoring. Then IVF is a lot of combined inyectable medications followed by a trigger before egg retrieval. Later the transfer cycle is also very demanding. With a lot of other oral or inyectable medications.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The best were the clinic associates. The ones helping the monitoring. That is a rocking team !
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very professional, well staffed office. Always ready to help. Open, cleaned and well equipped.
17K
He was very clear about his strategy since day one and we were on board after asking a lot of questions. He shown us stadistica and explain risks to go to multiple embryo transfer

2016, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Stein did not take me seriously as a patient from the moment I met him.... I had explained my desire to pursue embryo cryopreservation with my partner's sperm. Dr. Stein asked me how long I have been with my partner and his age, and proceeded to tell me that it would be a mistake to proceed with embryo cryopreservation. I felt that it was extremely inappropriate and none of his business.... Draw your own conclusion and try not to get persuaded by doctor's opinion.
Clinic [RMA of NY] is well organized and professional. They informed me of the grants available through NYS and the information pertaining to IVF protocols. They have spent time to explain the various steps of the process.... The costs of IVF cycle were reasonable compared to other clinics in NYC (15k), and the clinic offered to help with grants. I was able to obtain a reduced rate on medication which resulted in $4K savings
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein did not take me seriously as a patient from the moment I met him. When he opened a chart with his assistant, they asked me if I was a lesbian and laughed when I said this is not the case. I had explained my desire to pursue embryo cryopreservation with my partner's sperm. Dr. Stein asked me how long I have been with my partner and his age, and proceeded to tell me that it would be a mistake to proceed with embryo cryopreservation. I felt that it was extremely inappropriate and none of his business.
Draw your own conclusion and try not to get persuaded by doctor's opinion.
Dr Stein was questioning my decision to undergo IVF for the purpose of embryo cryopreservation due to my partner's age. I thought it was very inappropriate.
IFV for egg cryopreservation
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Care coordinator was very helpful and organized
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic is well organized and professional. They informed me of the grants available through NYS and the information pertaining to IVF protocols. They have spent time to explain the various steps of the process.
Did not undergo embryo transfer

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I found DR Stein to be very available, he explained things well. he managed my expectations but not in a damaging way. he was very kind and warm. he spent the time with me needed during crisis situations...the doctor was always available either by phone, or email...I did 2 types of cycles. first without BCP and then with. based on first 2 cycle results, went on to do only cycles without bcp. the strategies ere aimed at increasing number of aggs without sacrificing quality.
There are several nurses who work with this team [at RMA]. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always...billing dept is terrible. the front staff are kind. nobody enforces the rule of "no kids" in the office yet, it is written in a few places.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
to make sure you fully understand the expectations of the cycle proposed
the doctor was always available either by phone, or email. the nursing staff was knowledgeable and superb in returning both emails and phone calls
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
there are several nurses who work with this team. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
some days it was terrible other days it was nice and quick. if you get there early around 7, it is always quick--under 30 minutes
around 15,000$ per cycle
single set was highly recommended and reinforced.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein came highly recommended to my husband and I through several friends who used him and all had successful pregnancies. Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and gets straight to the point and explains things exactly as they are which I like. This is a very emotional process for couples and it’s important to know that your Dr is there to support you and answer any questions or worries. I would highly recommend Dr Stein to anyone trying to conceive. I am now 9 weeks pregnant after my 2nd transfer and couldn’t be happier.
I have nothing negative to say, I only had a great experience [at RMA of New York]. Always on time and professional and caring and happy...The clinic was always clean and appointments always ran on time. Also the locations are convenient. I will be returning for baby number two...they were all amazing, couldn’t recommend the team enough. All so sweet and caring.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Go ahead and use him, he is known to be the best.
Dr Stein was always on top of our situation and results. He was always ready to answer questions and gave us very realistic expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lipov)
I thought they were all amazing, couldn’t recommend the team enough. All so sweet and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have nothing negative to say, I only had a great experience. Always on time and professional and caring and happy. I really cannot say a bad word about the clinic and the team. The clinic was always clean and appointments always ran on time. Also the locations are convenient. I will be returning for baby number two.
My health insurance did not cover IVF so we paid all of it out of pocket, it’s worth every penny.
NY - Westside
[Dr. Daniel Stein is] One of the most highly experienced and knowledgeable doctors in the field. Offers clear and honest medical advice, explains pros and cons, and what to expect. Also very compassionate and helpful with advice and recommendations, never makes you feel like yet another number in the clinic. I very highly recommend him!
[RMA of New York is] Super efficient, flawless in how they work to make the patient process smooth. They are quick to share test results and schedule follow ups, and provide all the information you need to know what to expect...They [nurses] are all very kind, friendly, very efficient with scheduling, answering any queries and medication details. They're very helpful with any questions and return calls the same day.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be honest with your expectations and be prepared to hear advice that may or may not be something you expect. Rest assured that it is the best advice you will get from an expert who has seen the gamut of medical cases over decades of service. You can trust him blindfolded.
Dr Stein has always been very kind and compassionate in his patient care. He was always candid and honest with medical advice, which is something I value.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara B)
They are all very kind, friendly, very efficient with scheduling, answering any queries and medication details. They're very helpful with any questions and return calls the same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Excellent approach. As a patient I knew exactly what to expect every step of the way.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Daniel Stein] Was very thorough during my initial consultation & pointed me towards exploring endometriosis (which was a blessing & I am eternally grateful for that conversation as it was the first time it was brought up) but seems out of touch with me personally & relies on numerous coordinators...Not much communication during IUI cycle...First recommended I meet with a speciality obgyn to explore endometriosis & then also address a previously undiagnosed thyroid. Then 4 cycles of IUI before IVF
Issue [at RMA of New York] with not determining if IVF treatment was authorized yet (insurance wants 2 more IUI cycles) while being started with the IUI treatment in birth control therefore being put in limbo and delaying next steps...High volume & can seem just like a number at times. However, the front desk staff is very nice as were the nurses who drew blood during monitoring hours. Different coordinators do meet seem to coordinator with each other (I had an issue regarding starting IVF without checking if I was approved yet for treatments by insurance).
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be your own patient advocate
Oversight in my specific profile (in regards to insurance) with led to delay in treatment after 4th IUI. Not much communication during IUI cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Issue with not determining if IVF treatment was authorized yet (insurance wants 2 more IUI cycles) while being started with the IUI treatment in birth control therefore being put in limbo and delaying next steps.

2014 - 2019, Successful
I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Stein, and this is not only because I have been so fortunate in being successful under his care...I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child, thanks to Dr. Stein. To say I am grateful to him is an understatement. But it goes beyond that- the care he and his team (especially nurse Eliza) provide is truly best in class, and their kindness and support is something my husband and I found to be invaluable, during what can at times be a very emotionally taxing process. Dr. Stein balances his incredible experience and expertise with a candid yet compassionate bedside manner. He was always able to make me laugh when I needed it! I truly miss him and his team, now that I have graduated
[RMA of New York] is a large clinic, which could be the only source of frustration. It is extremely well run though, you just need to have clear expectations. Sometimes rotating through different doctors who did not know me, I would be upset, but their expertise and professionalism was always very clear...Eliza [nurse] went above and beyond in her care for me. She even went out of her way to see me during my latest transfer. She is a wonderful personal, and incredibly talented professionally.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child, thanks to Dr. Stein. To say I am grateful to him is an understatement. But it goes beyond that- the care he and his team (especially nurse Eliza) provide is truly best in class, and their kindness and support is something my husband and I found to be invaluable, during what can at times be a very emotionally taxing process. Dr. Stein balances his incredible experience and expertise with a candid yet compassionate bedside manner. He was always able to make me laugh when I needed it! I truly miss him and his team, now that I have graduated . I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Stein, and this is not only because I have been so fortunate in being successful under his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza went above and beyond in her care for me. She even went out of her way to see me during my latest transfer. She is a wonderful personal, and incredibly talented professionally.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is a large clinic, which could be the only source of frustration. It is extremely well run though, you just need to have clear expectations. Sometimes rotating through different doctors who did not know me, I would be upset, but their expertise and professionalism was always very clear.