Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

I felt confident that Dr. Stein...he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment...Strong preference for single embryo transfer...The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible
I felt confident that Dr. Stein and the nursing staff at RMA considered my case and my circumstances individually. The few times I received news during the journey that was less than ideal, they handled it sensitive, were attentive to my emotions, and were extremely accessible. They were also extremely amenable to my changes of heart when it came to my course of treatment (changed my mind a couple times about the timing of progressing to IVF - ended up starting sooner than we had initially planned)
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was very attentive and also extremely knowledgeable. From my first visit, he set expectations clearly, but was also very reassuring and confident in the course of treatment. I felt certain throughout the process that he understood my case well, and I had better outcomes than people I know with similar diagnoses to mine whose doctors prescribed different courses of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Just trust his advice - he will give you the good news and the bad news straight.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Metformin 2 IUI's with letrozole Antagonist with clomid, "low and slow" stim due to PCOS / high AMH ICSI due to PGS testing Freeze all Fully medicated FET w/ estrace, PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Stefany de Brito Ramos)
My IVF coordinator Stefany was a lifeline through the entire process, and was extremely responsive and reliable. The nursing staff was also very attentive, communicative, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and reassuring when necessary.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
STRENGTHS: communication, efficiency of appointments, friendliness WEAKNESSES: it's a large clinic. you are somewhat of a "number," but at the same time that does keep things feeling efficient. There were never delays due to clinic scheduling for starting my cycle or scheduling procedures because a large clinic means they're running 7 days a week and are always available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
We were fully covered with progyny insurance but had no trouble coordinating between the clinic and insurance
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time...We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time
[RMA of New York] are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening...All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions...They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a genius and I trust him and will always be so happy that he was in my life during a very difficult time. He never gave up on me and I was at the clinic over a year and I did not have the best attitude at the beginning. We did our first retrieval and only got one embryo and he advised me to do one more retrieval before the transfer. I was upset to go through this again, but he was absolutely right and we got three healthy embryos in that round! At the transfer, I got pregnant on the first time. He knows what he is doing and he is honest.
Trust him and defer to him. He has so many patients and he has seen it all.
Dr. Stein clearly loves what he does and you can tell how enthusiastic he is to help each patient. He runs everything really well and just being part of the process makes you feel comfortable.
We did IUI just to see if it would work since I was only 30. When we went to IVF-it was pretty standard protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran)
All staff at RMA was amazing and were truly invested in my process. They were always available for phone or questions. It was a dramatic time for me and they were there to guide me. I am going to miss them!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA. is the best and I would recommend them to anyone. They have so many patients so that really is telling. I got the result I wanted and it seems that a lot of people do. They are top of the line and offer many different services to accommodate each patient. The only weakness is sometimes the nurse would not call with results until the evening.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved how they were in the morning and I did not have to miss any work. They were crowded sometimes, but I never felt that I waited too long.
Covered by insurance! I think $15,000 was the cost. Even if not covered-well worth it!
Single
NY - Westside

Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
This was not done at the Westside office but at the Eastside Office. They gave me either wrong information or information that was not up to date. I had called to the eastside office for the results of one of my procedures and was given bad news. Later that day I got a call back with much better news from a different nurse. In between those 2 calls I had gotten depressed until the second call was made.
NY - Westside

My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he [Dr. Stein] suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
[The nurses at RMA of New York] are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!...Monitoring is from 7am-8:30am everyday. If in a rush, get there by 6:50, but they always have two doctors there, so you are usually in and out within 30 minutes if you show up later. There are always nurses there also if you need to meet with them...They only transfer one at a time at RMA. It is safer for both mother and fetus. They educate you on why.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is straightforward, honest, and gives you data based information. I did 3 IUI’s by choice (he told me there was a low percent chance they would work for me, but IVF felt too extreme for me to start with) that were unsuccessful. I then moved to IVF. My first retrieval yielded two embryos and due to wanting two children, he suggested doing one more (he wants two viable embryos for each child you want). My second retrieval he completely changed the medical protocol and I ended up with 8 embryos! My first implant took, and I’m currently pregnancy and expecting in 2020. Dr. Stein is personable and you really feel like he wants you to be successful. I will definitely be back with him when I’m ready for baby 2.
Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Stein’s team is very personable, gives you same-day phone calls with updates after bloodwork and appointments, and are in constant contact.
3 IUI’s—Clomid then IUI’s which did not work (he has said they have a very low percent chance of working for me but I did them by choice.) 1st retrieval—GonalF and Menopur 2nd retrieval—estrogen patch priming, gonal F, menopur. The estrogen priming seemed to make a big difference for me. Implant: estrogen and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Angie (coordinator), Eleza and Krista (Nurses))
They were AMAZING! They are so friendly and communicative. Always call you the same day as your bloodwork and explain everything. They are wonderful!!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: brilliant doctors and their teams, communication is amazing, space is clean, staff is friendly, open 364 days a year. Weakness: Your doctor might not do your retrieval and IUI’s. If doing IVF they will do your implant and pregnancy ultrasounds. Must go to Eastside office on weekends and it’s crowded—get there early!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Our second retrieval we paid out of pocket, almost everything else (including all meds for the whole process) were covered by insurance. We probably spent 15K-ish.
NY - Westside

When we spoke to Dr. Sekhon, she was warm and informative and great. But we rarely spoke to her unless we emailed to reach out proactively.... Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).... Visit the downtown office in Soho if you want to see her. You need to actively email her and set up a call to really gain clarity.
RMA is a factory and we are all just a number. There is no link between IVF coordinators and finance which resulted in miscommunication between them to me, and I had to pay for my first cycle out of pocket as we were still waiting for insurance approval. There have been other instances where a nurse called and told me to "take the trigger tonight, and see you on Sunday for the IUI" without mention of timing for either!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We really like Dr. Sekhon when we speak with her, but it's rare. Our issue is mainly with RMA and how its run and the human error that occurs with the nurses on an almost regular basis. Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First protocol was Gonal F + Menopur + Microdose Lupron which resulted in 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 sent for PGS. Second protocol included estrogen patch + Gonal F + Menopur which resulted in 2 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Our lead IVF coordinator was amazing. But the nurses that called with information each time after a morning monitoring were sometimes not clear with instructions / next steps.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Can be a long wait but it's pretty expected so not a huge issue
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
approx 14k per ivf cycle not including meds
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
RMA does not practice multiple embryo transfer (or at least it was not an option given to me, although in conversations after my failed transfer, Dr Sekhon said she would petition to their board to consider a multiple embryo transfer with my history)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They have called without giving me full information. I also learned that the nurse told me one thing about my embroys and later on the doctor said that was not the right information.
Lucky Sekhon
NY - Westside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle
NY - Westside

I saw Dr stein once during my most recent cycle. Once. Things were clearly not going great but I never got analysis or felt like a pivot was being made....Dr. Stein is relatively blunt, which i appreciate, but I never felt like he was analyzing me or putting together plans/recos specific to me while in the midst of my cycle. the fact that i saw him once, and that we never had ANY discussions throughout my cycle made me feel like a number.
the nurses [RMA of NY] were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators.... strengths: they are well practiced, and well coordinated in terms of how they work - it's a pretty well oiled machine but this also is their biggest weakness: they are a machine. It was really easy to feel like a number vs. a patient who's heart is on the line.... with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he is a grown up and won't give you false hope, but you REALLY need to push hard and advocate for yourself if you want time and input from him.
My first cycle was antagonist protocol, where I was on gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide. I was a slow responder to the medications, so was on stims for a full 14 days. the retrieval yielded 12 eggs, 9 mature all of which fertilized.. but nothing made it to blastocyst and all remaining embryos arrested on day 6 before making it to blast (most had died off around day 3). The second cycle i was shifted to microflare protocol, using lupron, follistim, menopur. Again I was a slow responder, requiring 14 days of stims. Retrieval led to only 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, and zero making it to blatocyst. All arrested between days 3 and 5. Heartbreak city.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator: Tova Niderberg)
the nurses were really human, compassionate, and clear communicators. I really liked them and felt like they knew me. my ivf coordinator was lovely - but young - because she was there to help with scheduling and not medical advice, the role she could play was pretty limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was pretty well oiled of a machine, but it did impact my day - I had to be there 7 - 8:30 am every day, which was challenging with daycare drop off and work, but i made it work. it was easier to just have a window that I could communicate to others than have to make individual appts for me.
All in all, i spent about $25K on 2 cycles of IVF, and that's AFTER some insurance coverage. It breaks down as follows: $7K on doctors visits, procedural fees, etc. $16K on prescriptions $2K on a separate procedure (hysteroscopy) my insurance covered (so in ADDITION to what I spent): $K on prescriptions (this was my lifetime max, and i burned through it immediately) $5K on doctors visits/care which was about half of my fertility coverage
we did not make it here, but I know he was a proponent of single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
with my first cycle, I never got a phone call that all embryos had arrested. I found out when I called to report day 1 on a sunday and a doctor on call phoned me... I had left a message wondering what next steps were now that I was on day 1 to prep for a transfer, and she was confused about what I would be transferring. "you have no embroys with us" she said. Last I had spoken to them I had 3 that were still progressing. They told me later that they have in their logs that a nurse called and left a message, but a) I never got a message. my phone is glued to me b) should they leave that in a message anyway?
NY - Westside
My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him...talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information n
RMA of NY is a big place. People refer to fertility clinics/offices in NYC as factories, but I never felt this way at RMA. In fact, every morning (and there are lots of early mornings for monitoring), i was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. There is a large staff, but you will recognize the same familiar faces, especially when going in several times per week. I wasn't there long enough to know everyone on a first name basis, but I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was recommended to me by my OBGYN, and I could not have been more pleased with him and of course - with the end result - my daughter!! From the start, Dr. Lederman made my husband and I feel comfortable and at ease about the fertility process. Of course, we were nervous walking into our first appointment. (We were in unchartered territory and were surprised by the fact that we even needed fertility support to begin with.) After our initial appointment, we left feeling confident that we would be able to expand our family, and less than a year later, we did! Dr. Lederman talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information needed to make an informed decision about how to proceed. Although I was a bit weary of an IUI working (from talking to my friends and their experiences), my husband and I decided to proceed with an IUI as it was less invasive. I did not expect that it would work, especially on our first try, but it did and we are forever grateful! In the weeks following our positive pregnancy test, Dr. Lederman met with me to perform ultrasounds and check the status of our baby. He was genuinely so happy for us, and I cannot thank him enough for his support, encouragement and positivity along the way. Although my time with Dr. Lederman was short, (which is a good thing!), I would highly recommend him as someone to take this fertility journey with. In fact, when the time comes for us to expand our family again, we will most certainly be going back to Dr. Lederman.
One piece of advice I would suggest is to write down all of your questions. Dr. Lederman is patient and well informed. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and even twice if you don't initially understand. Writing everything down is important so that you leave your consultation having all of the facts and information you need! (If you forget, don't worry - Dr. Lederman quickly replies to emails!)
Dr. Lederman was the perfect match for me from the start! As soon as I met him, I felt like he was someone who I would trust to take this journey with. He spent an hour with my husband and I, getting to know us, our fertility goals, reviewing previous testing, helping us understand our next steps, going over options and reassuring us that with patience and time, our goal would be met. My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him.
Dr. Lederman suggested that we start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Letrozole in the days leading up to my IUI. Due to an insurance mix up at the pharmacy, I had to get Clomid instead. (They both do the same thing and in the end it worked for me!) I also did one trigger shot the night before the IUI. While on the table getting my IUI, I was talking to Dr. Lederman about scheduling my next IUI because I was going away for winter break and wanted to find out whether or not I could squeeze it in before my trip. He looked at me and said, "Let's give this one a chance and then we'll talk." Well - he was right!! I ended up pregnant and my next visit with him was to have an ultrasound to check for a sac. I went to Dr. Lederman for ten weeks, then graduated and went to a new OBGYN (recommended by Dr. Lederman). In those ten weeks, I had a million more questions than I had during my initial consultation. Dr. Lederman and his team were there to support me during this time. All of my questions were answered and I was extremely pleased with the close monitoring of my baby. **I didn't write a review until after my daughter was born as I was superstitious - but I am forever grateful to Dr. Lederman for helping me expand my family. He made this difficult process, extremely positive and calming. **
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman's primary nurse went on maternity leave early in my process, but everyone at RMA was extremely thorough, kind, supportive, friendly and easy to talk to! I always felt welcomed in the office or on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Every insurance is different. I suggest making sure that you call your insurance provider prior to your visit to find out what is covered. Luckily, I only had to pay a co-pay for each visit/ultrasound.
NY - Westside
I saw Dr. Stein for a long time. He has a lot of patients. I needed to explain my backstory to him each time and felt he never knew or remembered who I was even after many IUIs and a couple IVF cycles...has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns. New Patient Advice
RMA is huge. I spoke with countless nurses. They were all competent and compassionate...a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff. However his overconfidence was off putting to me. He talked a big game about how great and successful IVF is however I felt he did not give me realistic expectations for my own situation. I also felt that he has the same protocol for everyone and does not waiver from that. I felt that he has no bed side manner and bushed aside many of my concerns.
Don't expect to see him for monitoring or egg retrieval. Also if you are someone who does a lot of research and wants to be very informed consider someone else. If you want to not do a lot of research on your own and want follow the recommendations of a confident competent doctor, consider him.
Dr Stein always recommends a freeze all cycle with PGS testing and single embryo transfers. As a low responder, I decided this is not the treatment plan I want to follow and have since switched doctors.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is definitely a factory. But it's a well oiled factory. During the week I'd go to the West side office and the wait was really hit or miss. Sometime I'd show up at 8am and be out in 15min. Sometimes I'd show up at 8am and wait 45min to be seen. On the weekends you must go to the east side office. This was usually very crowded with wait times of 1hr +.
I had insurance but paid OOP for some services. I believe ICSI cost $2500 and PGS testing $1500.
Dr. Stein will only transfer 1 embryo.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Lekovich] was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself [at RMA of New York]. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive...I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During the consultation she provided research information on the two options which she has provided us. She also referred us to a specialist for additional surgery/ second opinion and also provided us with research about treatment with out without the surgery. she was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
When i met with the Dr. she was kind and knowledgeable. During the consultation she has moments where she looked down and did not make eye contact, looked like she was trying to formulate her thoughts and was kind of distracted. So it was hard to see where she was going with non verbal body language. I thought she was checked out from our visit and wanted the visit to somewhat end earlier than expected. I was happy with the answers which she provided us, i just felt that eye contact would have made me feel more confident in her answer and knowing that took this visit just as seriously as we did.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I went to the Brooklyn clinic as it is smaller compared to the other locations and that is primary location for the MD. I liked that its a smaller office and staff and it doesn't make you feel like you're another number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
I had medical insurance and had an office visit and some testing done in the office. I did not do any treatment.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
MD wanted 1 embryo transferred and i was inquiring about multiple. I explained why multiple and she dismissed it and explained her reasoning. She also reported that I am young and dont need to worry about doing treatment.... I wish she would have explained reasoning for 1 embryo vs.2 and to explain it deeper (in regards to my previous treatments/diagnosis). I felt it was very one sided on that decision and i was uncomfortable with her approach to that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During visit, I discussed with MD particular medications and the side affects of them. We discussed in length about which medications would be used. when meeting with coordinator, she did not receive the list of medication which we have agreed on. It took about several weeks for coordinator to confirm which medication would be used. Wrong medication was also faxed over to Pharmacy. I continued to receive conflicting information (which at no fault to MD) which left me uncomfortable. I also kept getting responses days/weeks later. due to the lack of responsiveness/several errors, I am uncomfortable continuing with the clinic for treatment. Every phone call or email left me second guessing/ with doubt. I wish i can trust the nurses/coordinators of this clinic but i have to do what works for me. I cannot start this process with conflicting information and its only the beginning stages.
Jovana Lekovich
NY - Westside

[Dr. McAvey] didn't really explain why they were doing what they were doing. I didn't know better and just went with the flow. Only until after I moved to a new doctor did I realize how left in the dark I was...I was supposedly under the care of Dr. McAvey for 2 cycles but only actually saw her twice after the consultation. Didn't feel like I had a personalized treatment plan. She also left a voicemail to tell me all my eggs were abnormal.
Every time I went in for monitoring aka "cattle call" [at RMA of New York] I saw a different doctor. They were all very nice and I'm sure great doctors but the problem is with these big clinics is that you really don't have one person truly dedicated to your success. IVF is all about timing. How can a doctor that hasn't even seen my ovaries make any sort of decisions on my cycle? And even if she wasn't there for all the visits, she never once called or emailed me to see how I was feeling. No one ever told me what my embryos were graded or was wrong with the embryos after testing.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
It's actually pretty hard to share my experience with her because I barely saw her in the 4 months with RMA. We had a none existent relationship. Every time I went in for monitoring aka "cattle call" I saw a different doctor. They were all very nice and I'm sure great doctors but the problem is with these big clinics is that you really don't have one person truly dedicated to your success. IVF is all about timing. How can a doctor that hasn't even seen my ovaries make any sort of decisions on my cycle? And even if she wasn't there for all the visits, she never once called or emailed me to see how I was feeling. No one ever told me what my embryos were graded or was wrong with the embryos after testing. It was my first time doing IVF and didn't even know to ask. I was never told any blood work results. I learned I didn't really know much about anything until I got my medical records to move over to a fertility doctor. I also felt they dropped the ball with the last cycle. Then on about 5 days into this last cycle, a dr said there were only 3 eggs that looked mature. So I emailed Dr McAvey asking if she thinks there are only going to be 3 viable eggs then maybe we should cancel the cycle. We're paying this out of pocket so not trying to throw 15k out the window. Then the next day she upped my dose drastically like a Hail Mary attempt to get some more eggs to mature. The day before retrieval my I believe my biggest one with over 23mm which is huge and one or 2 others over 20. I feel she pushed those to the limit to try to get some others to grow. We did a half dose of the trigger. Ended up with one abnormal embryo on day 5. So, I was right. 15k out the window.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
FInd another doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
They didn't really explain why they were doing what they were doing. I didn't know better and just went with the flow. Only until after I moved to a new doctor did I realize how left in the dark I was.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were very nice and pleasant but you still feel like your being moved through an assembly line during morning monitoring. The nurse that was assigned to always sounded kinda cranky. But they called in a timely manner to let you know what meds to take and when to come in again
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to work on making patients feel like people. Having fertility issues is devasting and everyone just lacks compassion. The place feels like a baby making assembly line. I also feel I was kind of pushed to PSG testing. They didn't really talk to me about it. I just got a bill that said I was doing IVF with PGS. I thought it was what the doctor thought was best for me but I'm pretty sure that's how they keep their stats up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call for sure but in and out pretty quick
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
I got a discounted rate through the Glow app. It was 15k for the cycle including monitoring since we didn't do a transfer they applied that money to the new cycle making it 12k.
Describe Beth McAvey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Never got that far
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I've had issues with there billing department. The woman who was supposed to help with insurance didn't. She said my insurance wouldn't cover the meds because I only had one tube blocked not both. I called Prime Therapeutics myself and they said that was COMPLETELY untrue. So after 4 months, a million phone calls and a mountain of paperwork I got my first reimbursement check in the mail for 4K and hopefully getting another one for 6K by the end of the week. I shouldn't have to be going through this aggravation. A simple preapproval needed to sent to insurance, that's all she had to do.
NY - Westside

First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He [Dr. Lederman] also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
The interactions with the office [RMA of New York] were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
Take detailed notes, and ask for crystal clear steps / timelines.
The interactions with the office were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
NY - Westside

He [Dr. Lederman] asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice...He was very approachable and very welcoming...He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational...He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
Everyone at RMA of NY has always been very friendly and caring. The main nurse I communicate with is Eliza and she's been amazing! Answering every question, email, calls, ready to see me anytime. She has great advice and genially cares. The IVF coordinator was Julia and she was also great in helping me get set-up and organize the meds process, and payment etc...the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first found out we had to do IVF, following the results from our first meeting with him, he was very human and caring. We went to see him, a bit devastated to the news, and he was very reassuring in providing us all the info we needed, all the steps, etc. He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational. We're still in the process of our first IVF, and having the transfer next week - hoping it will all go fine. So far, I'm very happy in working with Dr. Lederman.
Be ready to learn a lot about it. He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
We first went to see Dr. Lederman not knowing we had any issues and just because we had been trying to conceive for 7+ months and were getting impatient. We went there just to get more info, not thinking we even had any infertility problems or so. He was very approachable and very welcoming. He asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice.
We are doing our first IVF, due to male factor so I don't have any infertility diagnosis. I was put on birth control, then did menopur and gonal f for a bit more than 1 week, and then trigger shots for the retrieval. Since we did PGS testing, I was off meds for a bit more than 1 month and now just started the transfer meds including estrace and just started progesterone in oil shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza and Julia)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Yes, a lot of people will tell you RMA is a factory. But the truth is, that's a good thing in the sense that it moves quickly and they're efficient. Despite all that, the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
Dr. Lederman is against, and will not allow multiple embryo transfer. He will push you to do PGS testing if you can afford it.

2018, Consult
She [Dr. McAvey] informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
The wait [at RMA Westside] was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience was an eye opener on the reality of IVF treatment. I’ve always been afraid and believed it was a complicated process. Doctor McAvey made it sound very simple and hopeful. When we were unsure about the condition of my tubes she did a pelvic ultrasound immediately. We seemed like she genuinely cared about my husband and I and our journey. After having 4 ectopic pregnancies she showed tremendous compassion.
Don’t be afraid to communicate!
I felt like a number because she was very candid, optimistic, and seemed generally interested in helping my husband and I concieve. She informed us of all our options. When it came to cost she was very blunt even though it was painful to hear. We were hoping we wouldn’t need to get our embryos screened, but when she learned we both had the sickle cell trait she ended up giving us a math lesson. She was very open and forthcoming about everything.
Before I could start IVF treatment I would need surgery to have my right Fallopian tube removed. Because it is filled with fluid there is a risk the the embryo can travel up in the tube. After this procedure I can start taking the meds which enables me to produce more eggs. During this time my husband and I were instructed to have blood work completed. I informed her that I would begin working for NYC DOE and she suggested that I should wait to being treatment because of the cost and my insurance as a NYC DOE teacher would cover IVF cost. This was heartbreaking to hear, however I have been trying to accept the reality that I will have to wait before I can begin this journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I dont have her name on hand)
The coordinator was helpful is describing the next steps. She provided me with all her available contact information which was comforting.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The wait was short and the receptionist was friendly. I ended up receiving a bill accidentally, but once I called they corrected everything. The financial coordinator seemed a bit uncomfortable while speaking to my husband and I . She asked us several times if we had an questions. We met with three different people from theee different departments which was overwhelming for me.
$375-$30,000
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff.... Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
The systems and daily operations are very straight forward and easy to navigate. I am an RMA west side patient. However, procedures bad weekend monitoring is done at the east side location. It's very busy!. Staff is always willing to help. Finance, check in, phone calls, after hours service. All very easy to navigate.... [Nurse] AMAZING! Very patient, compassionate, caring. They took the time to answer my questions, no matter how many times I asked.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very knowledgeable and realistic. I appreciate his management of expectations, while also providing hope. I thought he would be the one doing all my procedures and that I would be in direct contact with at all times. But this is not how RMA operates. So I've been mostly in contact with nurses and his staff. All very nice. I appreciate that he is available via phone or in person relatively easy.
Come prepared with questions and push for more details. I am someone who needs to know understand every bit of the process. Dr. Stein is very concise and gives just enough information. However, if you push a bit he gives more information.
Most of my contact had been with the nurses, who are amazing. Most of them very knowledgeable and patient. Take the time to answer my questions and call the same day. My contact with Dr. Stein has been much less. I expected to be more in direct contact with him throughout the process, however, the option of scheduling phone or in person appt is always open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tova for IVF. Eliza--RN)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hours are 7-8:30 at West Side office. It's a much smaller office than the East side, so it feel more intimate. Technicians are very efficient and quick. It's a well run operation. If you go only for bloodwork, it's pretty quick. If you also have ultrasound it's a bit more time but not too much more.
Approx: $7000 for each IVF cycle, including insurance co-pays, ICSI, PGS, meds.
NY - Westside

Dr. Lederman made me feel like a person and less like a number, considering the amount of patients he sees. He has excellent beside manner and answered all of my questions to ensure I understood my options, the treatment and the process... He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I think the clinic [RMA of New York] is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job...Julia, the coordinator was great. Always available and an excellent main point of contact for questions or to reach out to other members of the team. Erin and Martha are two of Dr. Lederman's nurses and they were always kind, answered any questions and gave you a call with your lab results and medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman explained my options and tried to give me the pros/cons for each based on my health history and age. He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I would say, do some research before going to the first appointment so you can ask all the questions you may have. Also, note that you may not see him during monitoring since the doctors rotate days to perform monitoring and retrieval but he is available if needed through the process.
Based on my personal health and situation, it was decided to do IVF with freeze all cycle. I have some eggs frozen for future use and then added two cycles to fertilize the eggs and transfer embryos. I had two cycles and after having three healthy embryos (after performing PGS testing), I got pregnant after the first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin and Martha)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinic is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The system worked and it was pretty quick. Only on weekends when everyone needs to go to one clinic located on the East side the wait would be a little longer but never more than 20-30 minutes.
Egg freezing was out of pocket but the IVF cycles were covered by insurance and I was responsible for the regular copayments.
Based on my age, it was not recommended to have more than one embryo transferred. I believe it is RMA's policy to transfer only one embryo which I agree to, multiples can result in a high risk pregnancy and my age already pushes me towards that.
NY - Westside

He [Dr. Stein] diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe...He is very direct...if that is off-putting, you may want to reconsider. I loved his blunt approach and his honesty. He also has a great sense of humor... He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
My care coordinator Nicole [at RMA of New York] was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous...Monitoring hours are in the morning. However, it runs very smoothly and I was never sitting around waiting for more than 20 to 30 minutes...and those waits were usually on the weekend. On weekdays, I hardly waited at all and could go to monitoring and still be on time for work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is not the most "warm and fuzzy", but he is very compassionate and very direct. It is obvious that he cares about every patient that walks into his office. He is efficient and he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've met. He diagnosed conditions no one mentioned before and gave me clear feedback on how we were going to address various things. He listened to all of my concerns about going through IVF multiple times and made sure that I felt safe.
Always addressed by name. Always saw a doctor during my visits. Emails and phone calls addressed rapidly.
1. He diagnosed me with PCOS (first time anyone said this to me fyi) and put me on metformin to improve my egg quality and my response to my drugs. 2. He said that my ovaries were very responsive and used lower doses of stimulation drugs for my IVF so I'd be more comfortable would have fewer side effects. 3. He set me up with a nutritionist so that I could lose weight and learn how to eat better for a person with PCOS (and I lost 60 pounds!). 4. He tested me for bacterial endometritis (which can happen in women that have had IVF and IUI and can prevent implantation during FET) and I definitely had it. We treated it for 2 weeks and then re-biopsied to confirm I was clear.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
My care coordinator Nicole was amazing. She was constantly available by phone or email and ensured that all of my questions or concerns were answered. They called when they said they would and all verbal instructions were backed up with an email. Everyone was friendly and gentle and nothing was ambiguous.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - thorough, efficient, multiple locations, everyone works together, very clear financial information Weaknesses - everything is done at the Madison Avenue location on weekends and it can be very busy with a bit of a wait
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My costs were predominantly covered by our insurance. However, we spent approximately $700 to $800 in lab fee copays and office copays and our medications cost us roughly $2000 to $3000.
Dr. Stein ONLY does single embryo transfers. We discussed the trade-offs and I was comfortable given my age and the higher risks of complications and pre-term labor with multiples.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Stein was always honest about what to expect. This was helpful especially during the times when things did not go as I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that I could email Dr. Stein at any point with any question and he would answer promptly. I was a worrier throughout the process and he definitely eased my mind on multiple occasions. This is not an easy process for anyone but I always felt that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein knew exactly how to achieve the best possible result given my situation.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours [at RMA-West Side]. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I was treated by Dr. Stein in 2014/2015 and then again in 2017/2018. He was recommended to me by my ObGyn who is absolutely fantastic. Throughout the treatment I felt very confident that I was in good hands and that Dr. Stein will achieve the best possible outcome. He was always honest with me and, most importantly, was available to answer any questions via email.
Focus on what's important which is being treated by a knowledgeable doctor who has a wealth of experience and knows what he is doing.
We started with IUI. I got pregnant on the second try but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. We tried two more IUIs and then switched to IVF. The first egg retrieval was not successful as only 1 embryo survived and it did not pass the genetic testing. The second try was successful and we ended up with 3 healthy embryos. We did 3 transfers. 1 resulted in our beautiful son. The second resulted in a miscarriage. And the third one resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Due date is in September 2018.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza was great. She guided me through every treatment. He attitude was always so positive and she always seemed like she was happy to see me and genuinely wished me well. The coordinators are good but not great. The main reason is that they are not as organized as some of the other staff. You really have to be on top of them to ensure that you get the right medication and everything is received timely.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think like most clinics there is a wait during monitoring hours. It could be as little as few minutes and as long as 30/45 minutes. If you come very early then usually there are no issue with the wait. I personally was not bothered by this so the best advise that I would give to a new patient is to expect it or at least try to work around it by coming in very early. At the end of the day its worth it and if you have many good books on your "to read list" this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are every day from 7am until 8:30am (plus minus 30 minutes as I do not remember exactly). The later you come the more people are waiting. For the most part, the wait was not long. If you arrive early then there might not even be a wait.
Most of the treatments were covered by my insurance. However, the genetic testing was out of pocket.
I am not exactly sure if there is a preference but all of my transfers were single embryo transfers and we never really discussed it to be anything else.
NY - Westside
Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone...I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos.
I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse....Monitoring appointments at RMA of New York are well organized. I typically never waited longer than 15 minutes to be called and was typically always in and out within 45 minutes....It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. McAvey has been fine. Whenever we speak she is kind and hopeful. I haven't actually interacted with her very much throughout the course of my treatment. I had an initial consultation with her before I started the IUI process (3 rounds), and then one more before starting my IVF retrieval cycle. Other than that, aside from one or two emails to answer a question, I didn't have any contact with her until she called to let me know my IVF failed to produce any normal embryos. It was only then that she let me know about taking CoQ10 to improve egg quality and to pursue acupuncture (which I had pursued on my own and told RMA I was doing). If you have questions, Dr. McAvey will absolutely answer them, via email or phone. But it's really up to the patient to proactively ask (and research/figure out WHAT to ask). When we found out there would be no transfer cycle for us, Dr. McAvey was optimistic and encouraged us to try again as IVF is really just "a numbers game".
Do your own research and ask as many questions as you can at your initial consultation and all throughout the process. You have to be your own advocate.
Dr. McAvey is kind, optimistic, and has a great bedside manner. Even when I am feeling down about the process, she is encouraging and hopeful. She has been willing to answer all of my questions both by email and phone. At RMA, it's easy to feel like a number, because there are so many women being treated there every day. Even when I felt like "just a number" on my monitoring days, Dr. McAvey never made me feel that way during any of our interactions.
3 cycles of IUI: five days of Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot, IUI I cycle IVF (retrieval only, no normal embryos to transfer): Gonal F / Menopur / Cetrotide / Dual Trigger Lupron + hCG I was not given a rationale for following this protocol. I have a good ovarian reserve for my age, so based on this IVF cycle my issue appears to be egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses at RMA of New York ranged from pretty nice to very nice. All of the questions I had throughout my IVF cycle were answered by the nurses vs. the doctors. Whenever I asked, they would sit down with me to walk me through the process and help me figure out my "medication ordering plan" (since I found the process of ordering the meds to be more stressful than actually taking them).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of New York definitely has a system down. It's easy to feel like a number at this clinic, but they ARE pretty organized. While I got used to seeing a different doctor every time I went in for monitoring, one thing I did not like about RMA was that the actual procedures (IUI and IVF egg retrieval) were also performed by whatever doctor was on duty that day. There was one doctor at RMA that I didn't particularly care for (his bedside manner was not a match for me) that did one of my IUI's, and I would never have actually chosen him to do it. At RMA, you are very limited when it comes to choice in that sense. I didn't even SEE the doctor who did my IVF egg retrieval. I was already under anesthesia before he even came into the room. Overall, I've had a good experience at RMA (despite my treatment failures).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My health insurance covered my IUIs in full and one cycle of IVF (up to $10,000), however it did not cover most of the expensive IVF medications. For my IVF retrieval cycle, out of pocket I paid ~$4,500 for my medications, $2,000 for the embryo biopsy, $750 for anesthesia, and $750 for PGS testing of 4 embryos plus all office co-pays ($40 each). Billing for my IVF egg retrieval procedure hasn't gone through my insurance yet, so I don't know if I will owe anything additional.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I found that sometimes the information you received from the nurses would vary from nurse to nurse. Not mission critical information, but things like 'how many days before you should expect your period' or 'how many eggs are normally retrieved from someone my age'.

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. McAvey understood why I was undergoing treatment and knew I ultimately preferred conceiving with a partner. She forwarded information to me on singles events, without my prompting, which really touched me as a thoughtful and caring act. Dr. McAvey clearly had an interest in my general happiness and life goals, outside of fertility treatments...She was approachable, relatable, thoughtful, attentive and responsive.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
As described in the prior response on how Dr. McAvey made me feel human as opposed to a number, she also explained my options for fertility treatments, including egg retrieval and embryo freezing. Without judgment and without forcing an opinion, but with helpful guidance to assist me with making the most appropriate decisions for me during that time. She was approachable, relatable, thoughtful, attentive and responsive.
Be open, communicative and ask questions
I think my protocol was standard for someone with my statistics, including age and base hormone levels. It’s known as antagon and I started with clomid, gonadotropins. 300 Gonal-f mornings, 2-3 vials menopur,l evening, introducing cetrotide when added the third menopur vial. All for about 10-12 days before trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie was my nurse when I was going through IVF and was always responsive, patient, understanding and attentive. I felt comfortable asking her any questions and she alleviated my fears.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is like a factory. It treats thousands of patients daily so must operate methodically. You feel it waiting in the waiting room for an hour just to receive 5 minutes of monitoring. The strength is that they see it all, have the best doctors who are leading fertility research and advocacy. The downside is that you do not receive individual attention unless you make the effort and learn to prove and ask as many questions without feeling like you’re annoyingly the staff. It’s important to obtain as much information as you need so that you understand what your body is going through and all of your options. Do not be shy! You’re paying a lot of money for this and it’s one of the most important decisions in your life. Make the most of the expertise this medical clinic and its staff has to offer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was done early in the morning so it didn’t interrupt the regular work day, which was quite convenient for me. Given RMA’s popularity, a 5 minute visit usually lasted an hour because of the number of patients in the waiting room on any given day. It’s a well-oiled machine though and I knew what to expect each visit, with blood work done first, wait for a while, then ultrasound. If I wanted to speak with a nurse that was another wait. The above description is regarding the west and east side offices. Downtown was much smaller and therefore a shorter wait and less stressful experience.
Estimated medical costs were ~$9,000. Medications ~$5,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
My options weren’t laid out to me without my prompting. I didn’t consider that if I only had one viable embryo during ivf I had the option to go through another round. This didn’t occur to me as I was focused on pgt results and not thinking about next steps. I would have liked my doctor’s team to have called to lay out my options so that I had time to consider them without delay.
NY - Westside

Dr. Beth McAvey is personal and warm. She is direct and reply to emails....As this is my first IVF, I wish Dr. McAvey explained to me which treatment is choose for me and educate me a little bit more on what to expect. I did most of my learning through reading and google online. I wish I have more options available to me for me to consider if the 1st treatment failed....Lupron protocol was used for me, don't know the rationale of why using Lupron.
RMA seemed pretty organized and well run, most of appointments are on schedule. I wish they give me more clear answer on the state run grant's availability. I follow up many times on the status and I always get respond that they do not have a contract signed with the grant yet....I always get different nurse on each blood work result and call back. They are give clear instructions and answer my questions.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Educated yourself more on the IVF topic. I was abit overwhelmed and clueless.
Dr. Beth McAvey is personal and warm. She is direct and reply to emails.
Lupron protocol was used for me, don't know the rationale of why using Lupron. That was exactly my previous comments that I wish Dr. McAvey explained to me more on the treatment strategies. I didn't know how many protocols are available and options before my treatment. All the blood work seemed normal as progressed. As a result of this Protocol, 2 matured size, 2 mid size and 1 small one. Dr. MaAvey did push 1 more day before the trigger shot to give more time for the small one to grow. Result: 5 retried and only 1 inseminated. And the only 1 inseminated one didn't grow after few days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
the overall experience is good. 95% of time are pretty quick and standard. wish I get less bruise from the blood drawing. There are 2 nurses's technique are bite harsh.
3 times of IUI - $2,000 1 IVF - $20,000
I didn't get to that stage of process yet, so I don't have good and valuable comments on this topic that I can provide.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he [Dr. Daniel Stein] was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help...Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well...I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
RMA is a strong clinic and well organized. It is huge, and they do a good job of managing individual cases. They always return phone calls within the hour. It does feel like a bit of a factory given the size. They are also fairly conservative/traditional. They do not believe in immunology issues and are not particularly open/imaginative about understanding RPL. They are very evidence-based, which is not a bad thing, but I do wonder since other places are more open to experimental treatments!
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is smart, experienced and knows his stuff. He explains things well and is a realist - a described pessimist. I think he did a good job with our egg retrieval, as he was very exacting about my timing and when to trigger. We got good results from the retrieval (though a lot of that is because of my eggs). I found the transfer VERY uncomfortable (I am not a great gyno patient) and he was incredibly impatient and unsupportive in the moment. My transfer took, but then I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, exactly the same time I had miscarried with my two natural pregnancies. Despite the fact that he had pushed for IVF to control for embryo quality, and then the embryo quality didn't seem to make a difference (they were PGD tested), he had no explanation for why I might have miscarried. He also was not overly sensitive and wanted to just 'try again.' he said it's a numbers game. He was very dismissive of my suggestions (other women in my family had a bicornuate uterus, but he immediately said I didn't have that). When I went to get a second opinion from another clinic, they suggested a different protocol. I brought that suggestion back to him and he was immediately dismissive, judgmental and unprofessional. He told me that clinic had a 'terrible reputation' (despite the fact that he had trained the doctor) and that their suggestions were off-base. This was a phone call, after not responding to my email for a few weeks. He claimed he had. Overall, he left a very bad taste in my mouth and I felt unsafe/uncared for in his care. I think he is very smart and knows his stuff but is very arrogant and not open-minded. While I think he likely provides good care overall and helps a lot of women have success, I would not recommend him to a close friend.
Be your own advocate, and push him hard if you disagree.
There were so so many patients in and out of RMA - there would often be at least 20 other women in the waiting room while I was there. Dr Stein did not seem to remember my case well (I had had a horrible miscarriage with gushing blood for 12 days, came to see him to make sure I wasn't hemorrhaging and he helped break up the clots, and then had no memory a short time later as to why I would be anemic. Also didn't seem to check my chart). I found him dismissive and not patient with my questions. Having said that, despite the huge amount of patients at RMA, overall I thought they did a good job in making patients feel heard - I just didn't necessarily feel that with Dr Stein.
I believe it was a standard protocol, with menapur, gonal F, and the trigger. for the transfer, we used PIO and estrace. When I wanted to add lovenox for low grade anticardiolipin levels, he was not supportive. Said it was risky (for bleeding) and wouldn't help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza?)
Eliza is amazing!! There was another nurse too who comforted me when I cried about starting PIO. I wish I remember her name. Overall, the nurses are amazing there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I liked that the hours were early and I could go before work, and the window of time was substantial. However, it is such a huge place that sometimes I would wait an entire hour. And there was no way to predict it! So I'd have to go much earlier than I wanted just in case. It did feel a bit like cattle call.
For me, Dr Stein believed strongly in transferring one embryo, because multiples bring higher risks. I agree with this assessment and appreciated it. (He also has twins himself, so that may bias him).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They did not give my husband clear instructions about when to ejaculate at home to prepare for the sperm deposit. It was very stressful.
NY - Westside

Right from the first visit the Dr. Stein was very empathetic and caring, but also very practical with reference to treatment options... he suggested IVF as our best option. Although initially we were not sure whether we need to opt this as our first course, he patiently discussed and explained the complications of IUI given my history of Ectopic; and how there is an option to use the ICSI & PGS tested embryos to reduce the chances of miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, thereby reducing 2 major risks. Dr Stein was present at most of monitoring sessions during retrieval and transfer cycle. He ensured all our questions were answered at these visits and also was available via. email if needed. He coordinated with my other doctors such as endocrinologist and hematologist whenever necessary.
It took me less than half hour [at RMA of New York] most days for monitoring in the morning and was able to get back to work on time. Initial paperwork, tests for spouse, insurance approvals were also handled without any hassles...The nursing team was very good in communicating the results; answering our questions with regard to any concern or medication; reachable easily; called back ASAP in case of immediate need (like spotting / medication dosage questions / urgent refills). They were also very helpful in navigating me to the right pharmacy to get medication immediately, when my initial pharmacy failed to deliver on time. Excellent co-ordination and timing during morning monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was excellent in understanding my history, breaking multiple issues causing infertility; explaining the risk factors associated with each issue; and how & when it requires treatment. He educated us on some of the misconceptions we had - ex: the chromosomal test results after 2nd miscarriage resulted in no abnormalities in the fetus. Therefore we had ruled out chromosomal abnormality as one of the reasons for miscarriage in our case. However, Dr Stein explained that if the tested fetus was male then only we could be absolutely sure that the sample was of the fetus. As in our case this was female, there was a chance that the sample may have been of the mother and not the fetus. If other things were not an issue, he suggested IVF as our best option. Although initially we were not sure whether we need to opt this as our first course, he patiently discussed and explained the complications of IUI given my history of Ectopic; and how there is an option to use the ICSI & PGS tested embryos to reduce the chances of miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, thereby reducing 2 major risks. Dr Stein was present at most of monitoring sessions during retrieval and transfer cycle. He ensured all our questions were answered at these visits and also was available via. email if needed. He coordinated with my other doctors such as endocrinologist and hematologist whenever necessary. Even after the transfer cycle, there were instances where we assumed it was not going to be successful due to spotting/bleeding. However, Dr Stein was very reassuring at each visit; conducted extra blood and ultrasound monitoring whenever necessary; and adjusted the medications immediately when needed. I would highly recommend Dr Stein for his knowledge, experience and excellent care & service through out the process. He was empathetic as well as realistic, practical and above all highly trust worthy.
No matter how small your concern is, ask questions to him or the team directly rather than searching it over the internet.
Right from the first visit the Dr. Stein was very empathetic and caring, but also very practical with reference to treatment options. The team made sure I was comfortable through out the treatment with regard to each aspect and answered questions without any hesitation.
I think it was an antagonist protocol; Drugs - Gonal F, Generelix, Menopur, Leuprolide, HCG, Estrace, Progestrone in Oil, Medrol; Results - 29 eggs retrieved out of which 8 were good embryos; 1st transfer of the best embryo was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing team was very good in communicating the results; answering our questions with regard to any concern or medication; reachable easily; called back ASAP in case of immediate need (like spotting / medication dosage questions / urgent refills). They were also very helpful in navigating me to the right pharmacy to get medication immediately, when my initial pharmacy failed to deliver on time. Excellent co-ordination and timing during morning monitoring hours. It took me less than half hour most days for monitoring in the morning and was able to get back to work on time. Initial paperwork, tests for spouse, insurance approvals were also handled without any hassles.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - Excellent doctors, good lab providing results on same day, great team of staff who are available all days of week and very friendly, very comfortable monitoring hours accommodates working people, doctor and nurses available via. email or call for answering any questions, immediate attention and treatment when required. I did not come across any particular weakness, however I feel the finance team has a chance to improve with respect to coordinating with the medical team in case of changes during the treatment and sending the receipts after payment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were well run, everyday morning 6-8:30. Perfect for working women like me. There was hardly much wait time, was in and out within half hour most days. Weekend and holiday monitoring is usually at the mid-town clinic.
Most of my treatment cost was covered under insurance, briefly the amount billed on insurance initial doctor visit, lab tests was billed about $1200; Retrieval - around $7500; Embryo preservation (lab) - $1000 per year; FET - $2,480; ICSI - $2500 and PGS - $3550(depends on no.of embryos and was not covered by insurance)
Dr Stein recommended single embryo transfer and also did explain the complication specific to my case in case of multiple embryo transfer.
NY - Westside

My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein..I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive...Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease... After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. The IVF and financial coordinators were always quick to respond to emails... If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case....My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
My husband and I could not say enough good things about our experience with Dr. Stein and the staff at RMA. We sought a consultation after trying without success for one year. I also have cerebral palsy and was unsure if this affected our ability to conceive in anyway. It was extremely easy to arrange an appointment with the office and get everything started. The office returned phone calls and addressed all of our insurance questions. We had looked into engaging in care with two other institutions and had negative experiences with the office staff. Dr. Stein was extremely thorough and to the point in our first consultation, which put me at ease- especially knowing all the options that could be available to us. After some testing it was determined that we had male factor fertility (morphology) and Dr. Stein was very honest in his recommendations and made sure we understood what each would entail. He also figured out ways to do my examinations that kept me comfortable. Dr. Stein was also always willing to answer questions via email and in the office during monitoring hours.
Listen to him. He is up to date on the medical literature and does what he knows is medically necessary and no more to put you at minimal risk and maximum chance of success.
He always greeted with smile, willing to answer questions via email. If I was not seeing Dr. Stein for monitoring the other doctors knew my case.
We did one IUI, with letrazole and trigger shot. After realizing extent of male factor issue IVF was recommended. 1 retrieval cycles with, PGS and ICSI (10 eggs retrieved, 3 to day 5, none genetically normal after PGS testing). Used gonal F, cetratide, menopur. I was a slow responder. Second cycle he changed protocol to lupron micro flare with much higher doses of gonal F and menopur as I was a slow responder, as he felt I had a diagnosis of poor egg quality. This time we had 14 eggs retrieved, 6 to day 5, 3 were genetically normal after PGS testing). 1st transfer with 1 embryo was successful- currently I am 10 weeks pregnant with a little boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff always had a smile on their face and very accommodating. Made you feel at ease very early in the morning and throughout entire process. Always available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
One large plus to RMA was their early monitoring hours, so it would not interfere with my work schedule. We found if we got there early it would go rather quickly. The nursing staff always had a smile and were very gentle. Dr. Stein was usually the one there, and if not, the other doctors were very kind.
The clinic was willing to bill my primary insurance and then run it through my secondary before billing us.

2009 - 2017, Successful
He's [Dr. Daniel Stein] has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors)... Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw...She [nurse at RMA] was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day...Weekdays was easier and quicker. Weekends we all have to go to east side - so more jammed and longer wait. But it didn't bother me. Staff was nice and efficient.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's has a very nice way of explaining your chances, being honest and ensuring you aren't wasting your time. But nicely. He knew when I should keep going and when I should switch tactics. He also knew when to start preparing me for more dramatic alternatives (egg donors).
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He and his staff are happy to explain everything and make you feel like they are recommending the best path forward.
I love Dr Stein and his staff. They were sweet and understanding. I got to know them well over the months. They truely care about you, and answer all your questions.
I froze my eggs in my early 30s and already had reduced reserve. I went back at 36 to get pregnant. The one IUI was unsuccessful and I love that we didn't waste any more time with that My eggs didn't defrost well (there weren't that many) and I had to move to IVF. Always did aggressive drug protocol due to low reserve. My first new IVF only got 3 mature eggs. 2 fertilized and 1 made to Day 5. It was PGS tested and it was normal. Miscarried. Second IVF I got 6 eggs with a different protocol. 5 fertilized. 1 was Day 5. PGS. Not normal. He started to prep me to donor eggs due to low probability of success. Said we'd try one more time and if I didn't get at least 1 egg - need to switch to egg donor 3rd IVF. Converted to IUI due to only 1 egg being stimmed. Moved to egg donor. Explained all the options very well. Chose using frozen eggs from Donor Egg Bank. 7 mature eggs. 3 fertilized. 2 day 5s. Put them both in fresh. No PGS. Pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
She was lovely. I emailed her all the time and she was reassuring and answered all my questions same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I love RMA. It's a big group proactive and you might not see your actual doctor much. But I loved all the other doctors I saw. In particular Dr Davis at the soho location
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Hard to say because my insurance picked up a lot. I paid $65k out of pocket for all my treatments (1 IUI, 3.5 IVF, and donor egg cycle)
He left it up to me after explaining the risks of twins. He prefers 1 but I did 2 in the last run and it worked. Singleton