Natan Bar-Chama

Westchester
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

[Dr. Daniel Stein] Was very thorough during my initial consultation & pointed me towards exploring endometriosis (which was a blessing & I am eternally grateful for that conversation as it was the first time it was brought up) but seems out of touch with me personally & relies on numerous coordinators...Not much communication during IUI cycle...First recommended I meet with a speciality obgyn to explore endometriosis & then also address a previously undiagnosed thyroid. Then 4 cycles of IUI before IVF
Issue [at RMA of New York] with not determining if IVF treatment was authorized yet (insurance wants 2 more IUI cycles) while being started with the IUI treatment in birth control therefore being put in limbo and delaying next steps...High volume & can seem just like a number at times. However, the front desk staff is very nice as were the nurses who drew blood during monitoring hours. Different coordinators do meet seem to coordinator with each other (I had an issue regarding starting IVF without checking if I was approved yet for treatments by insurance).
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be your own patient advocate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Oversight in my specific profile (in regards to insurance) with led to delay in treatment after 4th IUI. Not much communication during IUI cycle.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Issue with not determining if IVF treatment was authorized yet (insurance wants 2 more IUI cycles) while being started with the IUI treatment in birth control therefore being put in limbo and delaying next steps.

2014 - 2019, Successful
I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Stein, and this is not only because I have been so fortunate in being successful under his care...I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child, thanks to Dr. Stein. To say I am grateful to him is an understatement. But it goes beyond that- the care he and his team (especially nurse Eliza) provide is truly best in class, and their kindness and support is something my husband and I found to be invaluable, during what can at times be a very emotionally taxing process. Dr. Stein balances his incredible experience and expertise with a candid yet compassionate bedside manner. He was always able to make me laugh when I needed it! I truly miss him and his team, now that I have graduated
[RMA of New York] is a large clinic, which could be the only source of frustration. It is extremely well run though, you just need to have clear expectations. Sometimes rotating through different doctors who did not know me, I would be upset, but their expertise and professionalism was always very clear...Eliza [nurse] went above and beyond in her care for me. She even went out of her way to see me during my latest transfer. She is a wonderful personal, and incredibly talented professionally.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child, thanks to Dr. Stein. To say I am grateful to him is an understatement. But it goes beyond that- the care he and his team (especially nurse Eliza) provide is truly best in class, and their kindness and support is something my husband and I found to be invaluable, during what can at times be a very emotionally taxing process. Dr. Stein balances his incredible experience and expertise with a candid yet compassionate bedside manner. He was always able to make me laugh when I needed it! I truly miss him and his team, now that I have graduated . I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Stein, and this is not only because I have been so fortunate in being successful under his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Eliza went above and beyond in her care for me. She even went out of her way to see me during my latest transfer. She is a wonderful personal, and incredibly talented professionally.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is a large clinic, which could be the only source of frustration. It is extremely well run though, you just need to have clear expectations. Sometimes rotating through different doctors who did not know me, I would be upset, but their expertise and professionalism was always very clear.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was amazing! He knows his stuff...He is approachable, communicative and understands how anxiety-ridden this entire process can be. He also has a wonderful sense of humor, which makes a big difference...He treated me for my underachieve thyroid. He caught on to a downward trend that my endocronologist had missed. He helped put me on a medication to ovulate that reduced and had use complete genetic testing and sperm analysis before successfully completing one IUI
The Westside clinic [of RMA of NY] is clean, modern and warm. I think it is the perfect clinic. It feels inviting but not overwhelming and is set up so that you can read, and see how monitoring hours work. It is by far the nicest clinic I have been to...Eliza [nurse], was quick to get back to us with any questions and was easy to talk to about anything. She delivers results with care and made the whole process one of ease.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was amazing! He knows his stuff and will get you pregnant in the best course of action he sees fit. He is approachable, communicative and understands how anxiety-ridden this entire process can be. He also has a wonderful sense of humor, which makes a big difference.
He knows what he is doing trust him completely.
Dr. Stein was personable and made it feel like he was always cheering on us with every week that went by. It was like seeing an old friend. He was cautious but optimistic and provided excellent and thorough care.
He treated me for my underachieve thyroid. He caught on to a downward trend that my endocronologist had missed. He helped put me on a medication to ovulate that reduced and had use complete genetic testing and sperm analysis before successfully completing one IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: ELIZA )
Eliza, was quick to get back to us with any questions and was easy to talk to about anything. She delivers results with care and made the whole process one of ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westside clinic is clean, modern and warm. I think it is the perfect clinic. It feels inviting but not overwhelming and is set up so that you can read, and see how monitoring hours work. It is by far the nicest clinic I have been to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered almost everything!
NY - Westside
Dr. Lederman is compassionate and empathic. ... I also love the fact that he performs his own transfers. ... From day 1, he was optimistic that he'd be able to help us conceive. He reassured us and walked us through the grueling steps of IVF. ... I am wholeheartedly grateful for the care I have received with Dr. Lederman and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. His nurse, Tatiana, is outstanding. She's very sweet, knowledgeable, and caring. Although, I am happy to be graduating to my Ob, I am also sad to leave RMA.
Monitoring hours are pretty reasonable from 7-8:30 and the turnover is fairly quick. As a new patient, be advised, that you won't be seeing your primary doctor with every visit. This did not bother me though, because everyone I encountered was pleasant. ... His [Dr. Lederman] nurse, Tatiana, is outstanding. She's very sweet, knowledgeable, and caring. Although, I am happy to be graduating to my Ob, I am also sad to leave RMA.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is compassionate and empathic. Even something as small as him following up with my husband and I's recent trip to Texas, shows how attentive he is. From day 1, he was optimistic that he'd be able to help us conceive. He reassured us and walked us through the grueling steps of IVF. Luckily, it worked on the first try. I am wholeheartedly grateful for the care I have received with Dr. Lederman and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I also love the fact that he performs his own transfers. His nurse, Tatiana, is outstanding. She's very sweet, knowledgeable, and caring. Although, I am happy to be graduating to my Ob, I am also sad to leave RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Majority of the costs were covered by insurance, other than the PGS testing and anesthesia for the egg retrieval. We spent approximately $4-5000.
NY - Westside

Daniel Stein gets straight to the point when it comes to giving you a diagnosis and courses of treatment and the likelihood in each treatment. Giving you hope but also keeping you grounded with letting you know the risks and the chances of a viable pregnancy.... If your looking for a doctor who will not sugar coat things, this is the doctor you want.... Antagonist protocol Medications used: Chorionic Gonad, Menopur, Leuprolide trigger, Gonal f, Ganirelix, Progesterone.
Monitoring hours [at RMA NY] are really early usually between 7AM or 8:30AM, which monitoring hours could be held through the day, especially when having a job. The waiting rooms are usually packed for monitoring hours and people have to stand some days, it’s very overwhelming sometimes.... All nurses, car coordinator and nursing staff were very accommodating and polite. I have a fear of needles and they took the time, never rushed me on blood draws
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He spoke directly to me instead of at me and without hesitation or personal feelings he was very blunt, which I prefer in a doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All nurses, car coordinator and nursing staff were very accommodating and polite. I have a fear of needles and they took the time, never rushed me on blood draws even when they were swamped. I typically saw the same round of nurses and it was nice to always see a familiar face.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are really early usually between 7AM or 8:30AM, which monitoring hours could be held through the day, especially when having a job. The waiting rooms are usually packed for monitoring hours and people have to stand some days, it’s very overwhelming sometimes.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein took the time to explain his reasons behind the protocol he used as it was different from a previous round of egg freezing I'd done at a different clinic. He made me feel optimistic about my chances of a successful outcome and had a great bedside manner. He was available for questions via email and provided thoughtful responses...was caring and informative. He or a member of his staff was always available to answer questions in a timely manner.
The clinic [RMA of New York] is busy so unless you get there at the start of monitoring hours, expect a bit of a wait (especially if you have to go to the east side office). One complaint is that they didn't charge copays upon receipt of services...the bills I received were often a bit confusing...The coordinator was helpful in explaining next steps and keeping me organized with the paperwork. Having a point person in the clinic was great...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was caring and informative. He or a member of his staff was always available to answer questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is busy so unless you get there at the start of monitoring hours, expect a bit of a wait (especially if you have to go to the east side office). One complaint is that they didn't charge copays upon receipt of services, do the bills I received were often a bit confusing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
While the monitoring hours are early, the office gets busy quickly. That said, the office is like a well-oiled machine and the wait was generally tolerable.
Between $6000 and $10,000
NY - Westside

Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld was honest and candid about my odds using my own eggs and we tried that route with no success. He didn't seem too eager to adjust the treatment plan for my second attempt with OE but when I insisted he listened and followed suit. He was compassionate when needed and helped me move onto donor eggs when that time came...will only consider eSET, at least in my case.
There are lots of resources due to the size of [RMA of New York]. Larger clinics maybe more/less appealing depending on the type of patient and your needs. Doctors are very knowledgable but have very specific opinions about care. Monitoring times were usually efficient...The nursing staff was efficient with good follow through. Emails were returned quickly...My IVF DE coordinator mistakenly told me my embryos were sent for PGS testing when this was not what I wanted or paid for. This was a shock at first then she corrected herself.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Do you research, ask lots of questions and be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
The doctor took time to explain the treatment and options clearly.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Gonal 300-450/daily, menopur 1/2 vial/daily & trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Aja Kane )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There are lots of resources due to the size of the clinic. Larger clinics maybe more/less appealing depending on the type of patient and your needs. Doctors are very knowledgable but have very specific opinions about care. Monitoring times were usually efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Grunfled will only consider eSET, at least in my case.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is very direct and honest with his patients. He explains every step of the process and answers all questions patiently with images and diagrams when necessary. He has given honest feedback when asked and has responded to emails or calls on a timely manner.... You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
-Monitoring hours [at RMA of NY-West Side] are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.... The nursing staff and coordinator are patient and answer all your questions in a timely and detailed manner. They help you figure out every step of the process and will return your calls or emails very quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Bring your partner to your first visit. You will get a lot of information which is overwhelming and you will meet with various members of the team.
Dr Stein was very honest and direct. He explained every step clearly and him and his team were very responsive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
-Monitoring hours are great because they are super early allowing flexibly and limited work disruption. -Monitoring visits are quick if you arrive early. -Office is in a great location. -Office is very organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was super easy. Hours were early which allowed minimal interruption to my work schedule, especially if you arrive early.
Around 19000 without medication.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Stein advised we only transfer one embryo because it would be the safest for me and the baby.
NY - Westside

I felt very confident with Dr Stein treating me. He has 20+ years of experience which earns my trust. He is not going to sugar coat things and make you have higher expectations than you should. He is a good communicator. I never had trouble understanding what he was telling me...He was honest and up front about our situation and our options but also down to earth...When I came to him feeling a certain way about something, he listened and resolved it.
They [RMA - West Side] were organized, had good monitoring hours (7AM - 8:30AM) and were always available via phone when needed. Very little wait time...They helped up get approved for a NYS grant which cut out costs in half....A nurse once called with instructions that were differnet than were emailed to me....The nurse who called me with my results/instructions was always warm, informative and a clear communicator. My coordinator answered emails promptly and thoroughly.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Trust his experience and if you need something more, ask. He listens.
He was honest and up front about our situation and our options but also down to earth. I got to know about him and his family. I feel as if ive know him for years not months. When I came to him feeling a certain way about something, he listened and resolved it.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They were organized, had good monitoring hours (7AM - 8:30AM) and were always available via phone when needed. Very little wait time.
They helped up get approved for a NYS grant which cut out costs in half.
NY - Westside

Dr Stein kept me calm through it all. I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!...Dr Stein is kind, patient, answers all of my questions, and most importantly reassures me. He is thoughtful and gentle.
Strenghts: research, kind docs, multiple clinic locations Weaknesses: busy especially on weekends...Very busy- tried to get there as early as possible. Waits at westside office shorter than eastside. Weekends are a long wait...I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is the best fertility doc in town. He is brilliant, kind, patient, responsive, and has a wonderful bedside manner. I wasn't the most straightforward fertility case, and I truly believe if I had ended up anywhere else, it wouldn't have ended the same happy way. Dr Stein kept me calm through it all. I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!
Good luck :)
Very patient, reassuring, kind, went out of her way to make my journey as easy as possible
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
single embryo transfer - multiple pregnancies being higher risk

2017, Unknown Success
Clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. I asked to add progesterone supplements this round, because my luteal phase is on the shorter side - Dr. Stein didn't think it was entirely necessary but was willing to try it with me...Dr. Stein is sort of rough around the edges, but he seems to truly care about me and my husband, and about our (hopeful) future pregnancy. He listened to my long list of questions about how to adjust treatment and he explained which ones we could do and which he didn't think were right for us. He was very quick to respond to the one email I sent.
Don't expect to see him at each appointment, but if you need to talk to him, he will certainly make time for a visit...The nurses [at RMA of NY] are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions...The clinic is clean, the receptionists are kind, and the nurses are compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is "no bullshit" and seems a little gruff at first, but he's been very reassuring and comforting to me because his bluntness makes me feel like I can trust him. He responded to an email in great detail and pretty quickly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Not sure - haven't been billed yet.

2015 - 2017, 3 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] is a straight shooter. If you need delicate messaging, he isn't the doctor for you. I appreciated his candidness and that he didn't inflate my expectations. He was always available to answer questions and personally called with results and information...Cycle 1- agonist, 3 eggs, 1 embryo batches with round 2 for PGD Cycle 2- micro flare with PGD , 9 eggs, 5 embryos, 0 viable out of 6 (3 Fragile x, 3 chromosomal issues) Cycle 3- micro flare with PGD , 13 eggs. 7 embryos, 2 viable, 1 mosaic, 2 Fragile x, 2 chromosomal issues
Lots of patients [at RMA of New York]! Long monitoring hour lines. BUT- amazing doctors and nurses. They knew every detail of my case and run like a well oiled machine...3 cycles with medicine and PGD = $65,000...The nurses were always available and amazingly responsive. I received call badlcks in 20 minutes every time I called...Blood lab staff were awesome. Lines could be long but he clinic was efficient with getting patients in and out.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He is a straight shooter. If you need delicate messaging, he isn't the doctor for you. I appreciated his candidness and that he didn't inflate my expectations. He was always available to answer questions and personally called with results and information.
Expect blunt communication. He doesn't beat around the bush. BUT he is honest and does everything in his power to help you achieve your goal
Although RMA has many patients, I always felt that the team knew my case well and was accessible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean- Ann and Danitra)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of patients! Long monitoring hour lines. BUT- amazing doctors and nurses. They knew every detail of my case and run like a well oiled machine.
3 cycles with medicine and PGD = $65,000

2016, 6 Eggs Frozen
About $4,500 for medication. About $9000 for egg freezing. About $750 for anesthesia...Monitoring [at RMA of New York] was in the early morning. Not ideal for my schedule, but I went at the end of the window and was fine...On the weekends, the east side clinic was very crowded because it is the only one that is open. Bring a good book!...He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was great, but due to timing, I rarely saw him. He is warm, and has a good sense of humor and I felt very comfortable with him. He explained things thoroughly and if I ever had questions I could email him. Overall, my experience was good!! I didn't get too many eggs (6 frozen) but he seemed to think that was a good amount for my numbers. He recommended that if money was not a concern that I should do a second round, but it's so expensive and I don't know if I will do it.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was great, but due to timing, I rarely saw him. He is warm, and has a good sense of humor and I felt very comfortable with him. He explained things thoroughly and if I ever had questions I could email him. Overall, my experience was good!! I didn't get too many eggs (6 frozen) but he seemed to think that was a good amount for my numbers. He recommended that if money was not a concern that I should do a second round, but it's so expensive and I don't know if I will do it.
Schedule your egg freezing cycle when you don't have anything else going on. The hormones can make your emotions go nuts.
The staff was very friendly and the other doctors were great as well. I only saw Dr. Stein for my initial consult and at the end.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I had no problems with the nursing staff. They were great!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was in the early morning. Not ideal for my schedule, but I went at the end of the window and was fine.

2017 - 2019, Successful
I was very happy with Dr. Stein as my doctor. He was honest and truthful and spoke to me the way I wanted. He was open to my questions and my preferences and didnt sugar coat my chances. He was genuinely happy for me when he was able to graduate me....My protocols changed and adapted based on how I did last time....My doctor did not want to transfer more than one embryo but I didnt want that either. I only had one good embryo anyway so we didnt ever need to argue
They [RMA of NY] have a lot of patients. That means you are one of many but also means they have everything down to a science in terms of process and organization. You won't see the same doctor every time but that also means you really never have to wait for an appointment or a transfer or bloodwork or an ultra sound.... Well oiled machine. You came in during open hours. Some days were busier than others but if you went early enough you often didnt need to wait long.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I felt they cared about me
My protocols changed and adapted based on how I did last time.
Loved all the staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They have a lot of patients. That means you are one of many but also means they have everything down to a science in terms of process and organization. You won't see the same doctor every time but that also means you really never have to wait for an appointment or a transfer or bloodwork or an ultra sound.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
My doctor did not want to transfer more than one embryo but I didnt want that either. I only had one good embryo anyway so we didnt ever need to argue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Lederman] always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information....I only saw him for my consultation. Another doctor gave me conflicting information than he did so unsure on trust level thus far but still mid way through treatment but getting another opinion before continuing... He suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.... Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations [RMA of NY] make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time...Co-pays per ultrasound and blood work as per usual schedule. Right now about $150 per cycle with medications.... He [Dr. Lederman] suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time
NY - Westside
he [Dr. Stein] explained every procedure thoroughly and the pros and cons of the various treatment options...he was very knowledgeable and thorough with his treatment plan and treatment options for us and was always willing to answer any questions or concerns we had patiently. He was to the point regarding what would give us the best chance of conceiving...Most of the visits are very quick and you barely have to wait for few minutes before being seen.
Excellent supporting staff [RMA - West Side] and everything runs very smoothly. Most of the visits are very quick and you barely have to wait for few minutes before being seen. Everything is very well organized and you never feel rushed. The doctors and nurses will patiently answer your questions....They were very knowledgeable and very prompt at returning calls and answering any concerns we had i a very timely manner.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
he explained every procedure thoroughly and the pros and cons of the various treatment options.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Excellent supporting staff and everything runs very smoothly. Most of the visits are very quick and you barely have to wait for few minutes before being seen. Everything is very well organized and you never feel rushed. The doctors and nurses will patiently answer your questions.
I agree totally with his approach towards transferring a single embryo in our case considering all the risks with twin pregnancies.
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein was very direct in his course of treatment. He never changed course, unless it was right for my benefit, and he showed compassion throughout the whole process. He was extremely understanding of my many questions and concerns and went through all procedures in-depth.... Dr. Stein and his team (specifically His nurse Eliza) were extremely thorough, personable, and understanding.
Many people come in for monitoring hours, but I never waited more than 15 minutes for an appointment [at RMA-West Side]. The staff is friendly and the office is kept extremely clean. All doctors are thorough and understanding.... Eliza [a nurse] couldn’t have been more helpful and compassionate through the process.... Dr. Stein and his team (specifically His nurse Eliza) were extremely thorough, personable, and understanding.
Stay positive.
With my first-memo put injections followed by IUI. With my second-menopause injections in association with other IVF drugs for egg retrieval (can’t remember all).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza Ferstandig )
Eliza couldn’t have been more helpful and compassionate through the process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Many people come in for monitoring hours, but I never waited more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The staff is friendly and the office is kept extremely clean. All doctors are thorough and understanding.
Covered by insurance.
Felt very strongly against multiples unless it was my wish to carry twins.
NY - Westside
Dr. Stein was available for ongoing questions at any time. He would answer emails on the weekends and get back to you in timely fashion. I always felt confident with his care and that I was in the best of hands...Dr. Stein is a thorough and knowledgeable physician who cares about his patients personally. He is kind and immensely dedicated to being successful for his patients.
I did find that some nurses [at RMA of New York] did not communicate the correct directions to me and so I had to be aware of things on my own and follow up a few times...The clinic's hours are highly convenient for a working person. They allow you to come in during early hours for monitoring. There were times that the clinic was very busy in the morning so there was a long wait.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
It important to ask questions and be pro-active with your care.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I did find that some nurses did not communicate the correct directions to me and so I had to be aware of things on my own and follow up a few times.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Thank goodness our insurance covered most of the IVF process. However, the medications were not covered and were extremely expensive.
NY - Westside

Dr. MacAvey is kind, honest and to the point. She's optimistic and extremely helpful... Don't be afraid to be open with her (hopes, fears). She will give you her full attention and will be totally honest.... have PCOS. I'm on cycle 5 of letrozole to stimulate egg growth. Mid-month I'm scanned for progress (which has been great each month) and then given the Ovidrel injection to induce ovulation. The meds are mild and my body is responding well/properly. Like I said, I'm not pregnant yet but am hopeful I will be very soon. Even healthy couples can take up to a year naturally. The Dr. Has assured me that it will happen soon, and I believe her!
They [RMA] are organized, friendly, clean and reliable... Erin, my nurse is incredible. She's thorough, informative, Empathetic and extremely prompt in getting back to you with results/questions....I have PCOS. I'm on cycle 5 of letrozole to stimulate egg growth. Mid-month I'm scanned for progress (which has been great each month) and then given the Ovidrel injection to induce ovulation. The meds are mild and my body is responding well/properly. Like I said, I'm not pregnant yet but am hopeful I will be very soon. Even healthy couples can take up to a year naturally. The Dr. Has assured me that it will happen soon, and I believe her!
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. MacAvey is kind, honest and to the point. She's optimistic and extremely helpful. I highly recommend her and the entire RMA staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
She was warm, friendly and reassuring.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is one of the best in NYC. They are organized, friendly, clean and reliable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered almost everything.
Beth McAvey
2015, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Stein] sat down with us and explained the process. He exuded confidence which gave us a level of comfort. He was very good at managing our expectations and disclosing as much information as we needed without stressing us out.
I would say that RMA is good at communicating information internally but needs to better coordinate with external entities, i.e. hospitals... They remember your name and recognize you in the office. It is quite remarkable given the number of patients they see each day. Also considering that we are a same-sex couple, we did not feel judged at all.
He sat down with us and explained the process. He exuded confidence which gave us a level of comfort. He was very good at managing our expectations and disclosing as much information as we needed without stressing us out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Danitra)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I needed to undergo surgery to have a polyp removed from my uterus, and day before the procedure, there was miscommunication as to whether or not I was scheduled for the surgery. It was resolved the same day but it was just stressful because it happened the day before the procedure and I was afraid that it would delay the whole cycle. I would say that RMA is good at communicating information internally but needs to better coordinate with external entities, i.e. hospitals.
2006 - 2014, Successful
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.
Share all your fears and hopes (re infertility issues)with Dr g. He'll put u at ease and will respond truthfully without giving false hope or unrealistic expectations albeit with a Healthy dose of hope
Spoke in a language we can understand.
Clomid, iui's and finally ivf when all else failed
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very thorough, gave instructions clearly and in and understansavle fashion
2011 - 2013, Successful
Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable...Always knew who I was and my history. When I found out my pregnancy had lost the heartbeat while he was doing an ultrasound he was unbelievably kind
Get to the office [RMA of New York] early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to access records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc...The waiting area was always packed but I don't see anything that could be done about that...Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor. Working with infertility patients takes compassion, patience and understanding on top of skill. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone with knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Get to the office early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to acces records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I don't remember exactly, but I believe I paid @$12,000 per cycle
Tanmoy Mukherjee
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly...I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude....Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Very kind reception and great facility [RMA - West Side]. Well run and organized...[nursing staff] All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly....He [Dr. Stein] seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention...Over 10k
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He seemed very competent but I rarely spoke to him. His coordinators told me he assessed me the entire time but it was hard to tell. I had trouble stimulating follicles and felt in the dark. It's a challenging process and I had wished for more one on one attention.
Ask lots of questions upfront
I feel like he saw my chart and assessed fairly
I used ivf medication- gonal and menapur. Then rotated in certitude.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
All very kind, but busy. They were responsive but not overly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very kind reception and great facility. Well run and organized.
Over 10k
Strong preference for one

2014, Successful
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important... They [the nurses] all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
2012 - 2017, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...[protocols] Clomid then and now Gonal-F... he was very empathetic when dealing with me...I love my clinic...[nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly.
I love my clinic [RMA - West Side] ... [nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly...He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
How was your experience with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
He was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Listen to him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
Describe the protocols Natan Bar-Chama used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Clomid then and now Gonal-F
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Koenigsberg)
I love my clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York.
I do not remember