Natan Bar-Chama

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2012 - 2014, Successful
I felt like he [Dr. Copperman] understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances...In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
[RMA] Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call...For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I saw Dr Copperman after working with another clinic that couldn't give me a reason for why my cycle didn't work. I wasn't really planning on doing another IVF cycle, but I agreed to go for a consultation with him. At that first meeting, he was able to tell me why he thought the first cycle didn't work, and what he would do differently. He seemed sure that he could get me pregnant. We ended up doing several cycles with him. Each time something didn't work, he tweaked. I thought he would want us to go to donor egg after the first failed cycle, but he didn't. The fact that I had low ovarian reserves didn't scare him, and he was willing to keep trying new protocols. In the end, we ended up using donor eggs because our chances with my eggs was too low. But it was a decision my husband and I made with Dr Copperman, and neither one of us felt that it was a rushed decision or something that was done because he was afraid of negative results lowering the clinics score. We felt like he was willing to work with us, provide us with information, and make sure we understood the reasons behind his choices.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be willing to ask questions, and try new protocols if the first one doesn't work
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
While the clinic is very large, I felt like he understood my case, and tried to tweak protocols to better my chances. When you are sitting in the waiting room though, it can feel a little bit like you are a number.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First cycle - Lupron Flare. Birth Control Pills to shut off my natural cycle, then low dose of lupron. Follistrum and menopure were used to stimulate ovaries. Trigger shot of orvidrel. This cycle was cancelled prior to retrieval, because I only had one follicle. It was suspected that the birth control pills suppressed me too much. 2nd cycle - antagonist with Clomid added. This was my best cycle - 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized. We transferred 2 good quality 3 day embryos. I got pregnant with a singleton, but ended up loosing the baby at 25 weeks gestation due to early onset preeclampsia and growth restriction. 3rd cycle - antagonist with clomid. 2 eggs retrieved, 1mature. Nothing fertilized. 4th cycle - antagonist with estrogen patches to try and prime my overies. 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 2 transferred. I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Theresa/Dara)
For my own cycles my coordinator was Theresa. She was open to questions (I emailed her all the time) and she responded in a timely manner. For the donor egg cycle, I worked with Dara. She was also very responsive, answered my 8000 questions, and was patient when I was nervous or needed a little hand holding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - offices in both Manhattan and Long Island. Most staff was friendly, and helpful. Weakness - the Manhattan clinic is busy, and you can wait a while for monitoring. You don't see you doctor unless he happens to be in the office on a day you are scheduled to come in. Retrievals and transfers are also done by whichever doctor is on call. Dr Copperman didn't do any of my procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were 7:00 - 8:30. You could show up anytime during those hours. The earlier you got there, the shorter the wait. On occasion I went to the Long Island offices. There monitoring hours were 8 am - 10 am and there was rarely a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
$11,000 for cycle $2500 for ICSY I believe there was a few for the anesthesiologist as well but I don't remember how much. Donor cycle $21,000 for shared, $28,000 for non-shared.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He did not push for single embryo transfers based on my DOR, embryo quality, and the fact that we wanted to transfer more than one.

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Flisser did not seem to be an expert in diminished ovarian reserve. He was not particularly encouraging based on my high FSH numbers and low antral follicle count. He was not willing to proceed with retrieval with a low number of follicles , which for me seem to be inevitable and with a different doctor at anotehr clinic, l I was able to proceed even though I had only produced four or five follicles and I had a successful pregnancy based on that procedure ... It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
This [RMA of New York] really seems like a for-profit operation. It's not a pleasant place to be -- dark, gloomy, cramped and not particularly clean. I don't think it's a good clinic for people with the diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve... It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Flisser did not seem to be an expert in diminished ovarian reserve. He was not particularly encouraging based on my high FSH numbers and low antral follicle count. He was not willing to proceed with retrieval with a low number of follicles , which for me seem to be inevitable and with a different doctor at anotehr clinic, l I was able to proceed even though I had only produced four or five follicles and I had a successful pregnancy based on that procedure . With Flisser there was also a whole situation where he thought I had an ectopic pregnancy and was recommending that I have a shot to induce a chemical abortion . I was certain that it was not ectopic but merely a blighted ovum which I had experienced in the past, and knew the symptoms of. I didn't want to take the pill because it would delay our next IVF cycle for several months, which is a bigger headache than it sounds like given the proliferation of days the clinic is closed in January, not to mention the very strong ticking of my biological clock given the DOR. In the end, I did not take the shot against his advice and it turned out it was not an ectopic but merely a blighted ovum as I had suspected. I think Flisser was erring on the side of caution, but this whole situation really left a bad taste in my mouth. He wasn't physically there for the after-hours appointment where the nurse was trying to push the abortion shot on me. He did, however, talk to me on the phone about it, which I suppose is generous of him. But in general, the situation made me feel like maybe fertility doctors like him aren't experts in early pregnancy in which case they should really refer patients to someone else instead of trying to diagnose things that are not within their realm of expertise.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Leave RMA quickly unless you have really simple problems. My friends whose only infertility issues involved low sperm count did well with RMA. Others with DOR and other diagnoses really found better results elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
The waiting room procedure made me feel like a numbe . Also Flisser's reaction to my lab results and his canceling retrieval based on poor stimulation response made me feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specifics . It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I don't really remember but the whole place was not well run it was gloomy in efficient and pleasant and infantizing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This really seems like a for-profit operation. It's not a pleasant place to be -- dark, gloomy, cramped and not particularly clean. I don't think it's a good clinic for people with the diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I never got to that point with Flisser, sadly.
2014, Successful
Sometimes I feel like male doctors don't really "get it" - they have never been on 1,000 hormones before. But, I felt like Dr. Flisser did get it. He is a husband and a dad and I think that made him very releatable. We LOVE Dr. Flisser. He can be very straight forward and factual at times, so if you want someone who is a little more emotional, he is not your guy.
Monitoring [at RMA New York] is sort of a shit show - on any given day there could be at least 20 people waiting! I don't think this was specific to RMA, I think its an NYC problem, as I had a similar experience at Columbia...Overall, monitoring is so depressing. Unless they handed out coffee and donuts I honestly don't think it could be any better than it was at RMA.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Our experience with Eric Flisser was extremely positive. From the first time we met with him, we felt very comfortable with him. We completely trusted his recommendations and guidance through this very confusing process. When I got my first negative pregnancy test - he called me that afternoon to see how I was doing. He didn't even call to explain, he just called to "check in". When I started crying on the phone, he didn't rush me off. I will never forget how grateful I felt for that call. It showed me that he was just as disappointed as I was. He is really a great doctor and we would recommend him to anyone!
Know that he is not super lovey dovey. He can be very straight forward and factual at times, so if you want someone who is a little more emotional, he is not your guy.
When I was under Dr. Flisser's care, I almost always saw him. He made an effort to coordinate all my appointments around his schedule (as best we could given my cycle), he called me after my first failed transfer and met with both me and my husband on several occasions. He never once rushed us out of his office or failed to thoughtfully answer any of my questions. When I was sobbing crying, unable to go into the transfer room, he did not rush me. He gave me time and space to pull myself together. Sometimes I feel like male doctors dont really "get it" - they have never been on 1,000 hormones before. But, I felt like Dr. Flisser did get it. He is a husband and a dad and I think that made him very relatable. We LOVE Dr. Flisser.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene Pena)
I liked everyone we saw at RMA! Everyone was very pleasant in the mornings and made the monitoring process pretty seamless. The nurses who worked on the retrieval / transfer floor were amazing! They were very sweet and patient. I felt very well cared for when we were there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring is sort of a shit show - on any given day there could be at least 20 people waiting! I dont think this was specific to RMA, I think its an NYC problem, as I had a similar experience at Columbia. But, the waiting room at RMA is nice and it goes pretty quickly. They let you get there really early so you can be there before they even start calling patients to get ahead of the crowd. Overall, monitoring is so depressing. Unless they handed out coffee and donuts I honestly dont think it could be any better than it was at RMA.
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] seemed very busy and while I feel he gave me the numbers and information, I also felt he was very booked and ready to see the next patient. I wish he would have explained to me sooner before all the pills and iuis and 4 ivfs that my numbers were very dismal. I am not sure why he even tried the iuis or tried it more than once. I feel RMA in general is just a factory.
The more I think about this clinic [RMA of New York], the angry I get. I feel it was a factory. They didn't care about me as a patient at all. The nurses were unhelpful. They had "case workers" that seemed untrained and uneducated. I got billed multiple times for the same thing (but luckily the woman in finance was my only ally). When it was clear I needed to do DE, I asked for appointments and no one would call me back. We used up all of my insurance money and then $20,000 or more
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I felt like he had a lot of patients. That I had 5 minutes to squeeze in his information and any of my questions (and felt more than 3 questions was a little too much or to be discussed with nurse). I felt more like he was following a set way of doing things. Like patient A comes in on first visit. Tell them to do x, y, z and then if that doesn't work do this next thing. I didn't feel it was tailored to me or my situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
To spend more in depth time. Be open friendly and even if busy, give them a sense that you are with them in the moment and they aren't just a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He seemed very busy and while I feel he gave me the numbers and information, I also felt he was very booked and ready to see the next patient. I wish he would have explained to me sooner before all the pills and iuis and 4 ivfs that my numbers were very dismal. I am not sure why he even tried the iuis or tried it more than once. I feel RMA in general is just a factory.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember. I felt like the clinic had set protocols and he just tried them on me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
There were many, many nurses. I don't believe I ever had one more than 2 or 3 times. Several were down right rude and horrible. One even said, "I don't know why you are bothering to do this." As though I had come up with the protocol or what should be done. I did have one nurse who was so nice and friendly. She didn't seem to be there for long though.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The more I think about this clinic, the angry I get. I feel it was a factory. They didn't care about me as a patient at all. The nurses were unhelpful. They had "case workers" that seemed untrained and uneducated. I got billed multiple times for the same thing (but luckily the woman in finance was my only ally). When it was clear I needed to do DE, I asked for appointments and no one would call me back. We used up all of my insurance money and then $20,000 or more of my own and I feel once they saw the cash run out, they just stopped responding. Once I researched DE and interviewed 3 other clinics (ORM, Shady Grove and CCRM), I realized what a horrible clinic RMA NY was. It was night and day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I disliked this, but I do understand how this can be more efficient for the clinic. Sometimes I would wait 60-90minutes and a few times more. It added to the feeling of a cattle call and seeing different people each time. I felt like a cog in the wheel than a woman who was trying to have a baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
I believe it was $25,000 of my insurance coverage and about $20,000-$25,000 of our own money.
2009 - 2014, Successful
[RMA of New York] Can feel a bit like a factory at monitoring time but that's the nature of the job. I understood they had about 100 women to monitor in a two hour window, they had to move fast...Dr Grunfeld always gave me his time and explained everything with patience and care. He responded to emails and calls right away (either personally or via his nurse) He also made me feel like he was disappointed when I was disappointed and he was optimistic when I couldn't be. I felt like he was a cheerleader all along...My diagnosis was unexplained secondary infertility so we knew we had a good chance of a positive outcome out was just a matter of the right egg and the right sperm at the right time. I got pregnant on a medicated cycle with timed intercourse (had my second baby). When we decided we wanted a third child and the same treatment didn't work Dr. Grunfeld encouraged me to consider IVF and reviewed my chances of success etc. When we finally decided to go ahead with it he discussed our desire to transfer two embryos (he advised not to but told us it was our decision and I'm glad we listened!!). We had our third healthy baby, on our second transfer.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I felt I was in the hands of a true expert who is one of the top in his field. I knew about Dr. Grunfeld's excellence and knowledge, yet his humble and down to earth personality made me feel that he was approachable and truly cared about the outcome of our treatments (Not just my payments).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and don't be shy!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were very professional, organised, patient and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. Super efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered my medicated cycles and meds. They also covered my ivf meds. I paid for my ivf via a loan from a charitable organization that works with couples trying to conceive. They work with RMA very frequently.
Describe Lawrence Grunfeld's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He knew what he was talking about!!

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Knopman] was impatient and had her own agenda. Despite the fact that I was young and had no major medical problems, almost immediately tried to push me to IVF without doing any testing and after having gone only several cycles with her without much monitoring....Dr. Knopman skipped right over IUI and said we should do IVF. Her reason for this was" "Well you want to get pregnant now, don't you?" When we told her we were uncomfortable with this, she said, fine, i will let you do IUI twice, but then after that, I will only do IVF. That sort of ultimatum was a huge turnoff and we left.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I was sent to RMA by my original gynecologist - who I am no longer with - when I told her I was not ovulating after going of birth control. She said Dr. Knopman saw many young women and would be great for this. Upon meeting Dr. Knopman however I was unimpressed. She was Impatient and had her own agenda. Despite the fact that I was young and had no major medical problems, almost immediately tried to push me to IVF without doing any testing and after having gone only several cycles with her without much monitoring. She wasn't very sensitive about the process and I would definitely not recommend her. You get the sense with Knopman and RMA that they have an agenda, and that is to perform IVF. They talked about IVF the first time we ever met with them, when we were simply there because I still wasn't ovulating since going of Birth Control 9 months prior. After cycling with her 3 times on medicated cycles with regular intercourse, Dr. Knopman skipped right over IUI and said we should do IVF. Her reason for this was" "Well you want to get pregnant now, don't you?" When we told her we were uncomfortable with this, she said, fine, i will let you do IUI twice, but then after that, I will only do IVF. That sort of ultimatum was a huge turnoff and we left.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Not to use her.
Jaime Knopman

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] was warm and thorough and realistic while being optimistic. I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into- i was prepared for him to be much more pessimistic, but he made me feel hopeful while also aware of everything at each stage...He took the time to explain everything to me and was warm...Clomid for first cycle. then injectibles for the next cycle. No results for the first two cycles. I continued injectibles for the next two cycles but didn't follow through with the IUIs. He encouraged me along the way, and was very supportive of acupuncture and other non-western methods.
It's [RMA of New York] large and not very private- i understood that there was a "factory-like" element to the clinic but i was pleasantly surprised by the compassion and effort and time I was given...Clomid for first cycle. then injectibles for the next cycle. No results for the first two cycles. I continued injectibles for the next two cycles but didn't follow through with the IUIs. He encouraged me along the way, and was very supportive of acupuncture and other non-western methods.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He was warm and thorough and realistic while being optimistic. I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into- i was prepared for him to be much more pessimistic, but he made me feel hopeful while also aware of everything at each stage.
Appreciate his straightforwardness. Not a ton of hand-holding but he did make me feel cared for and cared about.
He took the time to explain everything to me and was warm.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's large and not very private- i understood that there was a "factory-like" element to the clinic but i was pleasantly surprised by the compassion and effort and time I was given.

2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Sandler was very knowledgeable and kind. In the beginning he explained everything to us almost like a high school health class, making sure we undertood everything. The doctors at RMA work as a team and we liked all of them...Both Dr. Sandler and my ivf coordinator always spoke to us as kindly and explained everything clearly and kindly...Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors [at RMA of New York] and you won't know who will be doing what procedure...[Nurse] Keri was amazing. She was so friendly and clear and made us feel safe. She was great at giving bad news and clearly took pleasure in giving good news. It really felt like she cared...They are very organized and everyone is kind and helpful. We did not have any complaints.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Know that you will be working with the whole team of doctors and you won't know who will be doing what procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Keri Bergin)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
We were lucky to have insurance cover 1 cycle
Benjamin Sandler
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Flisser] pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of Clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway. I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances.
At every monitoring session [at RMA New York], I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor...In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, [the nurses] will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear...It was always extremely busy, but I was always seen pretty quickly- within an hour of arrival.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances. He asked questions about what we wanted our family to be and how many children we wanted. He pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway.
Be very clear about what you want, and ask specific questions. You'll get specific answers.
At every monitoring session, I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor. Also, Dr Flisser answered (promptly) his own emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, they will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear.
2006 - 2014, Successful
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g [Dr. Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York] personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.... Very efficiently run. Great phlebotomy team. Very large practice and from time to time long waits
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Extremely understanding and very patient, Truthfully caring. When we failed a cycle we literally felt like it affected Dr g personally. Dr g would always return out calls, he would try to schedule our visits so that we didn't have to ruin our weekends. When we failed our first ivf he allowed us to start our second cycle of ivf in August, although he doesn't usually do cycles then.
Share all your fears and hopes (re infertility issues)with Dr g. He'll put u at ease and will respond truthfully without giving false hope or unrealistic expectations albeit with a Healthy dose of hope
Spoke in a language we can understand.
Clomid, iui's and finally ivf when all else failed
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very thorough, gave instructions clearly and in and understansavle fashion

2014, Successful
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive... Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Stein was willing to answer any question, but didn't necessarily offer all that information initially.
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important... They [the nurses] all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was great at explaining every details along the way. He was extremely supportive. He also knew me by name after the very first appointment, which made the whole experience feel very personal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
The care team definitely made me feel like I was important. Dr. Stein knew me by name after my first consultation appointment. When I came back to the office with a positive result, the nurses all seemed genuinely happy for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They all acknowledged me when I was in the office and were genuinely happy when I came back into the office with a positive pregnancy result.
Daniel Stein
2014, Successful
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.
Joshua Klein
Brooklyn
2014, Successful
Dr. Mukherjee [at RMA of New York] was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis...[He] is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee was always very honest and realistic about my diagnosis.
Dr. Mukherjee is warm, has a good bedside manner and explains things thoroughly but easy to understand.
Dr. Mukherjee is reasonable yet aggressive. He did not want me to waste time with too many IUIs, which many people end up doing. We proceeded to IVF and ended up pregnant after 3 transfers.
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Grunfeld at RMA of New York] knows what he is doing and gets results. His bedside manner could be better, but he genuinely believes in what he is doing....Be prepared to be inundated with information. Make sure to come with your questions prepared because he will talk over you otherwise. That being said, he always gives thorough answers to questions...The wait time can be long. Arrive early to ensure being seen in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
He knows what he is doing and gets results. His bedside manner could be better, but he genuinely believes in what he is doing.
2014, Successful
I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. [Dr. Alan] Copperman...will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams....Clinic [RMA of New York] is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic....They had trouble managing me as a distance patient....I'd rather have an effective RE than a nice guy, and that was my choice. Copperman (Dr. Fancy pants) will not win any awards for bedside manner, but the results I got with him exceeded my wildest dreams.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't expect good bedside manner, except good results.
Clinic is huge, Copperman is not charismatic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They had trouble managing me as a distance patient.
NY - Downtown

2014, Successful
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.
Joshua Klein

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time... CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING [for monitoring appointments].
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman was completely lovely and extremely knowledgeable. I never felt she talked down to me, and she kept me absolutely as informed as I wanted to be throughout the entire process. She did an excellent job as evidenced by results and also my personal experiences with her.
Listen to what she says - she knows what she is talking about and won't beat around the bush. If you have to see other doctors make sure you have her cell phone number in case something goes wrong when you are not with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I could not have loved Jaime Knapman more. She gave it to me straight in a way that let me know she respected my intelligence, but she did it with warmth and grace. She told me all the upsides and downsides, always answered my questions honestly and eagerly, and to top it all off has a good sense of humor. When I had an issue after my retrieval (which was not done by her due to timing out of our control) she was there with me on cell over the weekend going above and beyond.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember exactly, but I looked back in my emails and these were the drugs I purchased: Ganirelix 250 mcg x 4 Follistim Cartridge 900 IU x 3 Menopur 75 IU Vials x 25 I did them in varying levels and I had a lot of Menopur left over (5 or 6 vials). My trigger shot was switched at the end from Ovidrel to the other one because I was growing a LOT of eggs and they were afraid I would over-stim (which I did). I had a very successful result but it was extremely painful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erica Weinberg)
I was really on top of calling them and emailing them to make sure I knew everything I had to do. I think I would advise that all patients do this. The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING. NO WIFI!!! NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Jaime Knopman

2011 - 2013, Successful
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient... Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics... Expect good results but not a lot of hand holding and warm cozy feelings. They run a very efficient factory with high ratings but not touchy-feely.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Initial impression was good. Over the course of several treatments, failed cycles and two attempts he became more distant. Second pregnancy I was made to feel as though I was more of an inconvenience than a patient. As if I were greedy wanting to try to have a second child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Office staff was curt or even rude. Plan of care was "by the book" not necessarily to my specifics. Ectopic preg was completely missed as a preg test was not done to confirm neg outcome of IUI.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First cycle was just IUI, second used ovidrel and IUI, third was Clomid, Ovidril and IUI (I had severe reaction to Clomid), 4th was injectable with Ovidril and IUI (result ectopic). Last was injections, egg retrieval, IVF, 3 embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth, 1 embryo frozen. 1 year later, embryo transfer resulting in 1live birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They answered questions but I didn't get a lot of compassion at missed attempts or after ruptured ectopic that almost killed me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Usually convenient. I was there at odd hours but could be forced to wait, especially my second experience, almost as a vendetta even if I was the first patient there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
~15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Office staff were quite rude. They would chat or take other patients in before me forcing me to wait extensively for what appeared to be personal dislike. I overheard them discussing me as "weird" as if that justified being unprofessional.
Westchester

2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He personalay follows his patients through their treatments and he makes the decisions about medications and timing. Not all doctors do that, even at RMA. We got pregnant very quickly while working with Dr. Grunfeld. Some people say he is not warm and fuzzy and I am sure there are doctors who rate higher on that metric, but he is not cold, and gets results
The staff [at RMA of New York] was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is excellent at giving information and explaining your situation. We saw him for a second opinion and just looking through my chart from another clinic, he gave me lots of information the original doctor had not, even though it was the other doctor's chart. He also gave me more information following a physical exam. He explains things well and answers questions well. When we got bad news during one cycle, he was immediately available and followed up quickly and thorouthly. I also felt his information was realistic.
Don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly (coordinator) Carrie (nurse).)
The staff was fantastic. Theyare responsive, helpful, and suportive. They call you back quickly. I once called with basic ally a very emotional question and when I apologized for calling with such, the nurse said this was part of her job and really calmed me down. They also helped with prescriptions and referrals very quickly. Dr. Grunfeld had mentioned seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid issue. That doctor did not take my insurance. When I asked the coordinator, she told me not to spend out of pocket money for that and helped me find another in network doctor with whom I was very happy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is very well run and very warm. The doctors have coordinators and nurses who work their patients. I went for screening at the East side location and in Brooklyn. Sometimes screening in Brooklyn could take a long time because there was only one doctor. You could always meet with a nurse during screening too.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Screening was in the morning. I generally tried to get there early and did not wait long. The doctors at the East side location did not spend a lot of time with you but you could see a nurse. In Brooklyn, the doctor would spend more time and would generally give you a lot of information about your exam and answer questions but you could also wait longer.
We were covered by insurance
2010 - 2013, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Copperman] is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good.
It [RMA of New York] feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
he is a talented doctor but definitely lacks bedside manner. You go to him for his expertise and success rates, not because he is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy. I liked seeing other doctors in the practice who were a little warmer, but knowing that he was reviewing all the blood work and sonograms was good. i did have some losses, one in particular that was devastating, and he was very helpful. at the end of the day i owe my two amazing sons to him.
he is a clinician first with a high volume practice. you will get pregnant there but he won't be your best friend.
it feels like a factory. the morning check-in for blood and ultrasound are very crowded. you have to wait, sometimes up to 45 minutes to get in for blood and then wait again for a doctor to come see you. then if you have additional questions you have to wait for a nurse. when you are cycling through for IVF and have to be there almost daily for 10 days its hard not to feel frustrated and just a number.
i dont remember sorry. i think I blocked it all out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: anne)
anne and hilde were absolutely amazing. they were my first cycles for my oldest. Second time around his staff was not nearly as good. HIlde was in midwifery school so wasn't as available and anne was out on maternity leave. one nurse gave me a dosage error during an iVF cycle and nearly destroyed the cycle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
factory. front desk staff probably dealt with way too many hormonal women to count and now is in robot mode.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
ugh. you had to wait. you didnt know if it would be 10 minutes or 40 minutes. during a 10 day cycle its awful when you are racing to get to work. The waiting room is absolutely packed. And they make you go back into the waiting room between blood and doctor sonogram (in 2010/2011 you went right in). general impression of the difference between 2010/2011 and 2013/2014 was that they got too big too fast
we had 5 cycles. insurance paid for 2 and change but even after that the doctor's visits were covered by coinsurance. it was just the transfer, retrieval, ICSI, etc that wasn't covered. Probably 20K out of pocket for all of it
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
one of the nurses gave incorrect hormone information during an IVF cycle. it was caught when I asked a question to a different nurse as I contrasted what she said to my prior day's instructions. Doctor called me immediately and had me come in the next day. At the end of the day we were still able to do the retrieval.
2012 - 2013, Successful
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal...but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman....Hilda [nurse at RMA of New York] became like a friend she was wonderful and always talked me through everything.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Around $40k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One time they told me I was ovulating and then days later I wasn't producing progesterone and a nurse told me I can't get pregnant if I don't have progesterone. Turns out I got a cist it wasn't my egg and I ovulated later in the month.

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me... He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval.
I did not have a good experience with him [Dr. Klein] and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was almost malicious to me during a post-surgery complication. He was not my doctor but due to timing ended up being the person who did my retrieval. I left the surgery with no pain medication, called that afternoon received no help, and when I called again that night he yelled at me for calling the answering service and bother him (it was only 10pm) and sent me to the ER rather than help me by ordering a simple pain medication. Even my normal doctor at RMA was horrified.
I did not have a good experience with him and if I had it to do over I would not go to RMA if it meant he would be the one to do my procedure. For elective surgeries that can't be totally planned timing-wise I'd want to be comfortable with every doctor in the practice.
I had a major post surgery complication and dealing with Dr. Klein was a nightmare. He literally yelled at me for calling the service late at night and sent me to the ER rather than talk to me. I was truly horrified.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
After my surgery on a Saturday afternoon I called to inquire about pain meds (I hadn't been given any) and they told me they couldn't connect me to a doctor.
2011 - 2013, Successful
Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable...Always knew who I was and my history. When I found out my pregnancy had lost the heartbeat while he was doing an ultrasound he was unbelievably kind
Get to the office [RMA of New York] early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to access records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc...The waiting area was always packed but I don't see anything that could be done about that...Trust and communicate with your doctor. Dr Mukherjee was always willing to address and explain and concerns I had and change treatment if I wasn't comfortable.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor. Working with infertility patients takes compassion, patience and understanding on top of skill. I was very happy with him as my doctor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Everyone with knowledgable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Get to the office early for ultrasounds, expect to wait. I do wish the clinic had an easy way to acces records online. Betas, pregnancy tests, etc
I don't remember exactly, but I believe I paid @$12,000 per cycle

2010 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Grunfeld was great. There were other doctors in the practice that I didn't like nearly as much.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Straightforward but also warm.
Try and schedule your monitoring for days that he'll be there.

2012, Unsuccessful
I felt this doctor [Dr Mukherjee at RMA] was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Just bad. Also, see my comments from the human section. He was hard to get a hold of. He was pushy pushy to IVG IV[F] I have to add. He dismissed my symptoms that I later learned pointed to endometriosis. AND later, I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. The funny (or not so funny) thing is, I read in NY Magazine that he is the expert in endometriosis. He totally unprofessionally told us how terrible another doctor we had met with was.
I felt this doctor was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
He wanted us to do IVF right away. He did not believe in immune treatment. We did a couple medicated IUIs with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I felt they were disorganized and some of them were just rude.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic felt like a factory. Sometimes wait times were very long.
Mostly covered by insurance bc we just did IUIS