Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Dr. McAvey understood why I was undergoing treatment and knew I ultimately preferred conceiving with a partner. She forwarded information to me on singles events, without my prompting, which really touched me as a thoughtful and caring act. Dr. McAvey clearly had an interest in my general happiness and life goals, outside of fertility treatments...She was approachable, relatable, thoughtful, attentive and responsive.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
As described in the prior response on how Dr. McAvey made me feel human as opposed to a number, she also explained my options for fertility treatments, including egg retrieval and embryo freezing. Without judgment and without forcing an opinion, but with helpful guidance to assist me with making the most appropriate decisions for me during that time. She was approachable, relatable, thoughtful, attentive and responsive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Be open, communicative and ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I think my protocol was standard for someone with my statistics, including age and base hormone levels. It’s known as antagon and I started with clomid, gonadotropins. 300 Gonal-f mornings, 2-3 vials menopur,l evening, introducing cetrotide when added the third menopur vial. All for about 10-12 days before trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie was my nurse when I was going through IVF and was always responsive, patient, understanding and attentive. I felt comfortable asking her any questions and she alleviated my fears.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is like a factory. It treats thousands of patients daily so must operate methodically. You feel it waiting in the waiting room for an hour just to receive 5 minutes of monitoring. The strength is that they see it all, have the best doctors who are leading fertility research and advocacy. The downside is that you do not receive individual attention unless you make the effort and learn to prove and ask as many questions without feeling like you’re annoyingly the staff. It’s important to obtain as much information as you need so that you understand what your body is going through and all of your options. Do not be shy! You’re paying a lot of money for this and it’s one of the most important decisions in your life. Make the most of the expertise this medical clinic and its staff has to offer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was done early in the morning so it didn’t interrupt the regular work day, which was quite convenient for me. Given RMA’s popularity, a 5 minute visit usually lasted an hour because of the number of patients in the waiting room on any given day. It’s a well-oiled machine though and I knew what to expect each visit, with blood work done first, wait for a while, then ultrasound. If I wanted to speak with a nurse that was another wait. The above description is regarding the west and east side offices. Downtown was much smaller and therefore a shorter wait and less stressful experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
Estimated medical costs were ~$9,000. Medications ~$5,000.
Describe Beth McAvey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
My options weren’t laid out to me without my prompting. I didn’t consider that if I only had one viable embryo during ivf I had the option to go through another round. This didn’t occur to me as I was focused on pgt results and not thinking about next steps. I would have liked my doctor’s team to have called to lay out my options so that I had time to consider them without delay.
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside

My dr [Dr. Kimberly Thornton] and I opted to do an unmedicated iui...My dr provided me with test results and said she was uncertain about something but felt safe continuing with one iui if I wanted without further testing...was very good about giving me options and helping me weigh the pros and cons of each, allowing me to make my own choices. She seemed to understand LGBT fertility care and acknowledge that it may look different from other fertility care.
Pros [at RMA of New York]: The doctors are excellent and provide great care. They have in house blood work and the nurses always managed to get my bloodwork easily and with minimal pain. The doctors listen to you. Cons: you likely won’t see your own dr for your procedure - it will likely be a stranger to you. There are so many patients that with the clinic as a while you feel very much like a number and a statistic rather than a human.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
My doctor was very good about giving me options and helping me weigh the pros and cons of each, allowing me to make my own choices. She seemed to understand LGBT fertility care and acknowledge that it may look different from other fertility care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Know the limits and rules of the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I felt like a human with the doctor but more of a number with the clinic. Nurses that called didn’t seem to know me or my case and I had to know what my own protocol was if it was different than their standard.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did not use any medication. I tracked my ovulation with OPK tests and called the clinic when I was ovulating and went in for iui. I did a LOT of testing before iui.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses were great with blood work and in my appointments but the nurses who called me clearly told everyone the exact same thing. If I hadn’t really advocated for myself and insisted on speaking to my doctor before purchasing medication I would have purchased unnecessary medication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pros: The doctors are excellent and provide great care. They have in house blood work and the nurses always managed to get my bloodwork easily and with minimal pain. The doctors listen to you. Cons: you likely won’t see your own dr for your procedure - it will likely be a stranger to you. There are so many patients that with the clinic as a while you feel very much like a number and a statistic rather than a human.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
RMA was able to get all of my appointments and testing covered by insurance. I paid about $400 for my iui itself.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
-My dr and I opted to do an unmedicated iui. A nurse I had never spoken to called and told me I needed to purchase a list of medications. When I explained that I was doing unmedicated she swore that I needed this particular list either way. I had to demand to speak to my dr to clarify that I did not need medication. -My dr provided me with test results and said she was uncertain about something but felt safe continuing with one iui if I wanted without further testing. I called to schedule my iui and the nurse looked at my chart and said I could not do my iui. I was so upset thinking I couldn’t proceed and not understanding why. I asked to speak to my dr and she told me I could proceed and to come in that day.

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
RMA was recommended to me many times, via Facebook, via friends, etc. so I went with them. They seemed professional, but definitely it felt like a factory there, and a little disorganized. The waiting room was a bit depressing; I think for your first cycle, things are overwhelming always and for subsequent cycles, you get used to things more. I thought the nurses who gave the bloodtests were super pro; the doctors giving the ultrasounds for monitoring always seemed in a rush though they were professional, but I remember the first time I went for monitoring, they didn't even instruct me on what I should do next or even if I could wipe myself off with what materials and what to do with the gown...they just left me there. Luckily my partner was there. It didn't feel like a particularly nurturing environment. But I talked to a friend who had had success with IVF and that did help because she warned me about the factory feeling.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I'll repeat what I had said before: Dr. Mukherjee at RMA was recommended by a friend, who hasn't had a successful fertility experience, but I trusted her recommendation. He was always kind and took time to email respond, sometimes quickly, sometimes after some days. When I did see him for consultation or ultrasounds though, I found that sometimes I didn't ask all my questions because he seemed very busy and rushed. He did call me personally though, when to tell me about my one frozen embryo not making it past Day 3 or Day 4, even after the nurse had called me after the bad news. I did an egg freezing cycle with him in July of 2019 (out of 4 follicles, only 1 egg was viable and was frozen) and then I tried an embryo freezing cycle again in February 2020, and this time, there were 5 follicles but again, only 1 egg was viable and was successfully fertilized by my partner's sperm, but didn't make it to Day 5. It was heartbreaking to then end up with nothing after spending $17,000 or so when all was said and done. At our last consultation, Dr. Mukherjee said our best chance was to try naturally as I had a low reserve and rather than spend tens of thousands of dollars, that was our best bet, but my partner and I decided to change to a different doctor at Weill-Cornell who has been very kind and thorough and spent over an hour with us at our first consultation, patiently. He was recommended by a different friend who had a successful IVF cycle with him. So in summary, Dr. Mukherjee was pretty much kind, but we just felt rushed each time we saw him and then at our last consultation to discuss the failed embryo, he seemed to be pessimistic about future fertility treatments and didn't really seem to hear us that we were thinking of a second child. Also, the only thing that changed about our protocol between the first egg freezing and the 2nd time which was embryo freezing, was that he added Clomid and Ganirelix to my protocol. I took all the Clomid prescribed (5 days) and 1 day of Ganirelix, but the result of 1 egg harvested was the same.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Be sure to ask all your questions and not let him make you feel rushed and shy -- also, bring your partner when possible as I found that my partner was more assertive and not shy when asking questions, whereas I was. It was good also to have my partner there to make sure I didn't forget to ask anything. Have your questions written out in advance on your phone or wherever so you don't forget anything. I do remember once when I needed a signature from a doctor about getting physical therapy for my shoulders continued that he was happy to help me, and I do appreciate that. Also, he helped expedite my getting all my medical records, especially after my failed embryo freezing cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Dr. Mukherjee at RMA was recommended by a friend, who hasn't had a successful fertility experience, but I trusted her recommendation. He was always kind and took time to email respond, sometimes quickly, sometimes after some days. When I did see him for consultation or ultrasounds though, I found that sometimes I didn't ask all my questions because he seemed very busy and rushed. He did call me personally though, when to tell me about my one frozen embryo not making it past Day 3 or Day 4, even after the nurse had called me to convey the bad news. I did an egg freezing cycle with him in July of 2019 (out of 4 follicles, only 1 egg was viable and was frozen) and then I tried an embryo freezing cycle again in February 2020, and this time, there were 5 follicles but again, only 1 egg was viable and was successfully fertilized by my partner's sperm, but didn't make it to Day 5. It was heartbreaking to then end up with nothing after spending $17,000 or so when all was said and done. At our last consultation, Dr. Mukherjee said our best chance was to try naturally as I had a low reserve and rather than spend tens of thousands of dollars, that was our best bet, but my partner and I decided to change to a different doctor at Weill-Cornell recommended by a different friend, who had a successful IVF cycle with him. So in summary, Dr. Mukherjee was pretty much kind, but we just felt rushed each time we saw him and then at our last consultation to discuss the failed embryo, he seemed to be pessimistic about future fertility treatments and didn't really seem to hear us that we were thinking of a second child. Also, the only thing that changed about our protocol between the first egg freezing and the 2nd time which was embryo freezing, was that he added Clomid and Ganirelix to my protocol. I took all the Clomid prescribed (5 days) and 1 day of Ganirelix, but the result of 1 egg harvested was the same.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did an egg freezing cycle with him in July of 2019 (out of 4 follicles, only 1 egg was viable and was frozen). The protocol included Gonal-F and Menopur and the trigger shot. I actually started taking the injections fully on Day 4 because my Day 2 was a Sunday, and they told me to come in on Monday. After some confusion with Freedom Pharmacy and also the quite unclear videos from RMA on the injection methods (because I didn't have my medications or syringes with me to get a real life demo from the nurse), I ended up not injecting Gonal F or Menopur fully on Day 3. I'm not sure if my lateness in finally getting the injections correct meant that I had less stimulation, but anyway, I did manage to get 1 egg harvested and frozen. I was hoping for 2, but they said that one of the eggs was already degenerated when they harvested them. I then tried an embryo freezing cycle in February 2020, and this time, he added Clomid and Ganirelix to my protocol. I took all the Clomid prescribed (5 days) and 1 day of Ganirelix, but the result of 1 egg harvested was the same. There were 5 follicles, and Dr. Mukherjee was hopefully that we could get 4 or 5 eggs harvested. But while the one egg that was harvested was successfully fertilized by my partner's sperm, it didn't make it to Day 5. It was heartbreaking to then end up with nothing after spending $17,000 or so when all was said and done. At that time, United Healthcare helped cover some medications, but I mainly used my 75% discount Compassionate Care card. My insurance did not cover the cycle. At our last consultation, Dr. Mukherjee said our best chance was to try naturally as I had a low ovarian reserve and rather than spend tens of thousands of dollars, that was our best bet, but my partner and I decided to change to a different doctor at Weill-Cornell who has been very kind and thorough and spent over an hour with us at our first consultation, patiently. He was recommended by a different friend who had a successful IVF cycle with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: In July 2019, it was Antionette Wearing; in February 2020, it was Abigail Epstein because Antionette apparently had left RMA. I will review Abigail Epstein since she is still there at RMA. But I would have rated Antionette poorly as she was very bad a communicating; perhaps that's why she's not there anymore.)
The first nurse Antionette Wearing was ok, but I can't even remember meeting her in person. She didn't really explain things clearly to me, and this would have been essential as it was my first cycle and I had never done injections before. I don't think she was there on my first nurse visit, so I spoke with another nurse. I remember being particularly frustrated when it seemed that Freedom Pharmacy and RMA were making me determine things about the medications that were totally unclear to me (regarding dosages, units, etc.) and I just broke down crying at some point while on the phone with a different nurse at RMA because Antionette wasn't available. The stress of the egg freezing cycle was already overpowering, and the fact that they each seemed to expect me to already know everything despite the videos not being totally clear was unfair, I felt. My other nurse Abigail Epstein when I did the February 2020 cycle was much nicer and attentive and I saw and met with her often. I think she was in training when I was doing my last cycle, actually, and she remembered my partner also. Anyway, of course I knew much better what I was doing, but unfortunately, the cycle wasn't successful as an embryo freezing cycle, and that makes me a little doubtful as well of the 1 egg I have frozen still at RMA. Other than that, whenever I spoke to a nurse if I had questions at my monitoring sessions, they were always helpful and kind and did in fact call back (almost always) if I left a message.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was convenient to have this monitoring hours range, but I found that the earlier I went, the faster I was seen. If I came in closer to the end of the period, I had to wait much longer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
For my most recent cycle, I paid about $2550 in medications, $750 for anaesthesia, $13,115 for the embryo freezing cycle, so total was around $16,415. I believe the egg freezing was about $9,000 for the cycle and other costs were similar.
Describe Tanmoy Mukherjee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We never got to that point - we didn't yet intend for IVF, only embryo freezing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Mainly it was concerning miscommunication with Freedom Pharmacy. I don't remember all the details, but I remember being confused with the dosage and also because Freedom was mail-in only, I ended up using Kings Pharmacy because they were local and I could go there in person. I remember the big failure with Freedom Pharmacy was that it was a Sunday that I called them, and they couldn't ship out on Sundays. The other error on their part was that just before they closed, they left me a message that they needed my verification before charging my credit card because it was a large purchase, but they did not tell me ahead of time that they would need my verification, so I missed their call and thus my medications were shipped late. RMA did at least give me Gonal and Menopur to take for the first day at least -- but as I mentioned before, I didn't inject the Gonal correctly (it wasn't clear on the video that one had to press the pen all the way in -- and then for the Menopur, the video only showed the injecting of the saline solution into one of the vials - it wasn't clear to me that 1 amp was 2 vials. All these were not clear and for the first time ever dealing with needles, I thought that the nurses could have taken way more time in showing me in person how to inject. She just said "watch the videos, it shows everything" and it indeed did not. Anyway, the first cycle was very stressful in dealing with the pharmacies and RMA in general. I found it exhausting to have to explain everything to a different nurse every time.
NY - Eastside
Jeffrey klein is a wonderful doctor with excellent bedside manner. He takes his time with every patient and never makes you feel like a number. I have yet to have success with a frozen embryo transfer at RMA but I do not believe it is Dr Kleins fault. He has talked me through every step and answers my emails 24/7(when does he sleep haha). Overall a wonderful doctor...If you dont have anything to ask dont expect him to sit with you for hours. However take advantage of emailing him. Sometimes I have forgotten to ask something and shoot him a quick email and he ALWAYS responds.
Strengths-efficient and easy to make apnts. Weeknesses- require an insane anount of paperwork every single time. Wish it coukd be used for life and not sign every time we have a procedure done...The nursisng staff at RMA is ok. There are some absolutely wonderful nurses there and a few that need to work on organization. All are pleasant and have great bedside manner...One piece of advice is have your questions ready. He is willing to answer everything truthfully and take the time to spend with you. If you dont have anything to ask dont expect him to sit with you for hours. However take advantage of emailing him. Sometimes I have forgotten to ask something and shoot him a quick email and he ALWAYS responds.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr Jeffrey klein made my husband and I feel like humans rather than a number. He takes as much time as you need to talk at every apnt even if it is just a quick monitoring. I also love that 24/7 you can email him directly and he ALWAYS responds within minutes.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
IVF with ICSI Follostim Menopur Ganirelix lupron and hcg dual trigger 10 days of shots and retrieved 23 eggs 8 made it to day 5,biopsied and sent for pgs/pgd testing. 5 came back normal not affected by cystic fibrosis or any chromosonal issues. First FET-failed Second FET-chemical pregnancy Starting second round of IVF now. Same protocol. Note: we had to freeze my eggs and fertilize them 3 months later due to sperm issues so we lost a good amount of eggs in that process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It is first come first serve but they move very quickly. Monitoring hours are from 7:30-9:30 and between 8:30-9:30 it is slow and you walk in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Biopsy fees are $2000 out of pocket. PGS and PGD is all out of pocket and done through an outside lab. We payed over $10,000! Insurance covers my ivf but only until a certain amount.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My dr will only transfer more than 1 embryo if you are over 35 years old or have had multiple misscarriages and not tested your embryos. Inoriginally wanted to transfer 2 but he took the time to discuss all the risks involved and it all made a lot of sense.
Investment Banker
Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees....Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight ... I am skinny... is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents...He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh.
[RMA - West Side] Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time....[Nurse] Loved working with Krista! She's kind, warm and full of compassion. She knows the work well. She took time when answering our questions and feels happy for our results....Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
First off, our background might be a piece of cake for Dr Stein. We are both just over 30 trying for a year. My hubby has very active spern counts. I am skinny but all good otherwise. Dr. Stein is quick and sharp. He pointed out my weight is the problem and how human body is smart to know when is safe to get pregnant and asked us to comeback for him when we are ready to be parents. We came 6mo later and one negative preganancy test on clomed and natural intimacy and one IUI which we succeeded and now I am 9 weeks in. Dr. Stein is very scientific and accurate and won't hide anything if he feels so. He reacts quick to test results he sees. This might be the right way to do it although sometimes it could give us some mental stress. In the end it turned out that he did the right thing and made right decisions. He has good humor too and always said willing to give me some fat from him which made me laugh. Anyways overall good experience with Dr. Stein and hope all the best with our first one!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Trust him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Convenient location. Relatively short waiting time.
NY - Westside
Dr. Flisser got us the results we wanted - a perfectly healthy pregnancy. He was very honest and candid about the best treatment options. Even when we didn't get to see him, we felt confident he was monitoring our case, and dictating our treatment. He was always friendly, professional, and clear.... He's busy, and has lots of patients. Don't expect him to hold your hand or give you emotional comfort. ...once you are with Dr. Flisser, he answers all questions, and does not seem rushed...
[RMA] Strengths: They get results, efficient, and have enough staff to handle lots of patients. They are quick with giving you results, and open 364 days a year. Weaknesses: Some of less experienced folks struggle with taking your blood. Expect to wait 15-20 minutes each time due to the high volume....Dr. Flisser's nurse Ariel was fantastic. Always responded / returned calls promptly, and addressed all of our concerns. It can sometimes be hard to get a hold of a nurse when they are having a busy day or on weekends.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He's busy, and has lots of patients. Don't expect him to hold your hand or give you emotional comfort. But if you want results, he is the one to go to. I trust him and his medical opinion completely.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
The clinic is busy, and runs very efficiently. Waiting during monitoring visits can make you feel like a number, but once you are with Dr. Flisser, he answers all questions, and does not seem rushed.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We did an IUI cycle w/ clomid. Pregnancy on first try, but ended in miscarriage. We went to IVF after that with gonal-F, menapur, garilanyx, and this resulted in a successful egg retrieval. We opted to do PGS testing, and ended up with 11 healthy embryos. We did an e-set frozen embryo transfer that resulted in healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel )
Dr. Flisser's nurse Ariel was fantastic. Always responded / returned calls promptly, and addressed all of our concerns. It can sometimes be hard to get a hold of a nurse when they are having a busy day or on weekends. But overall we didnt have a question that went more than a day unanswered.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, but busy and wait times were never more than 20 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Insurance covered almost all of it. Very little out of pocket costs - $40 an ultrasound, and $2000 for genetic testing but that was optional.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We didn't discuss. Dr Flisser recommended eSET from the start, and we went with that.
NY - Eastside
He's [Dr. Stein] very blunt which I prefer...You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office...He answered any and all questions, was available for phone calls if I had concerns. Made sure I understood the procedure and all possible outcomes...Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first...
I've been to 3 [RMA] locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see...The nursing team and IVF coordinator are amazing. They're super sweet and responsive. You deal more with them then your doctor since you see whichever doctor is on rotation during monitoring but your specific doctor will review your results and have the nurses call you.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He's very blunt which I prefer. I don't need a doctor who's going to hold my hand but rather give me the good, bad, and ugly straight up. You don't always see him during monitoring hours because the doctors rotate and I preferred to go to a more convenient location which was closer to my office.
If you want someone who's going to coddle you, he's not for you.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Since we had unexplained infertility, he suggested doing Clomid and HcG first. We need 3 rounds of that with no success. We then moved onto IUI, 2 of those and both were negative. Our last resort was IVF. I was on Gonal F, Menupor, HcG, and one other medication I can't remember for roughly 12 days. They increased my dosage of Menopur only once to get a better response and bigger follicles. I was monitored every other day or so to make sure my ovaries didn't become too large. We retrieved 11 eggs out of which 2 were sent for biopsy and came back prefect. For the transfer cycle I was put on estrogen and progesterone. I opted to take the oral and vaginal progesterone as the progesterone in oil is done with a very large needle intramuscular in your backside. I hate needles so I was very grateful for the second option.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've been to 3 locations (Westside, Soho, and Madison Ave) and all have been clean and organized which are the first things I look for. The staff is amazing at all 3 locations. The wait is usually between 30 mins - an hour but it goes fast considering how many people they see.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was first come, first serve. Hours vary by office. Wait was typically 30 mins to an hour for the entire process (bloodwork and ultrasound) but it went fast with the amount of people they see.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I was worried that transferring only 1 embryo wouldn't result in a positive outcome but Dr. Stein assured us that our chances were the same and if we transferred both then we'd possibly end up with triplets or quadruplets. Also, I've read that transferred multiple can interfere with implantation. We did only 1 and kept the other frozen with positive results.
NY - Westside
During monitoring sessions, the interaction with Dr Copperman was brief but he aligned my monitoring days to his rostered days so I was able to see him....His operating bedside manner was great - positive, empathetic, focused....not every in-person interaction with Dr Copperman is consistent but it was always great when it really counted....Dr Copperman was brilliant where and when it counted. I think he assumed certain knowledge
My primary nurse [at RMA] was appalling. Never picked up the phone, voice was always monotone and answers seemed almost scripted. Other nurses I saw during monitoring or happened to be connected to on the phone were much better...Finance department was not great. Not responsive unless they were calling you for payment. Inflexible and not informed / empowered to deal with non-standard requests. Monitoring was efficient and well run.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
See previous comment and below. Dr Copperman was brilliant where and when it counted. I think he assumed certain knowledge - perhaps because he knows I had been through multiple cycles in the past or perhaps because his nursing team should have briefed me - certain things weren’t explained very well to me and caused me days of anxiety needlessly. This may be a comment more appropriate for the clinic...?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Ask all your questions at your initial consult or email him directly if you aren’t getting the answers from the nursing team or from him during monitoring sessions. Appeal and request his attendance at procedures directly to Dr Copperman and also have the nursing team note he request so it’s in the system as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
The good and not so good: Not so good: During monitoring sessions, the interaction with Dr Copperman was brief but he aligned my monitoring days to his rostered days so I was able to see him. I only figured this out towards the end of my retrieval cycle - I would not have gone to RMANY west for monitoring if I had known this from the start. He didn’t really address my questions well during the monitoring sessions. The good/great: Twice, I wrote an email to Dr Copperman with some late night anxieties / questions. One was on Thanksgiving Day. On both occasions, he wrote back same day, answering my questions without making me feel like I was hassling him or asking stupid questions. I was surprised to find out that you may not necessarily get your Dr for your retrieval / transfer procedures - that it just depended on whose day your procedures happened to fall. This was not the case at the other clinics (in LA and Australia) where the default was your Dr would operate unless they were on leave. I made a request to the clinic and directly to dr Copperman and both times, he said he would do his best to move things around and both times, he turned up!! For my retrieval, I’m pretty sure he really did move his schedule as they told me that I had another Dr while I was in the waiting room ... and then dr Copperman showed up! His operating bedside manner was great - positive, empathetic, focused. In summary, not every in-person interaction with Dr Copperman is consistent but it was always great when it really counted.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Retrieval stim: gonal-f, luprolide, menopur Trigger shot: ovidrel Transfer: estradiol, progesterone shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
My primary nurse was appalling. Never picked up the phone, voice was always monotone and answers seemed almost scripted. Other nurses I saw during monitoring or happened to be connected to on the phone were much better - much more informative, compassionate, patient, responsive. It’s a shame that my primary nurse was so unhelpful - a better nurse could’ve answered my questions more directly, prevented my anxieties and me reaching out to Dr Copperman.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Finance department was not great. Not responsive unless they were calling you for payment. Inflexible and not informed / empowered to deal with non-standard requests. Monitoring was efficient and well run. The old ladies who do bloods at RMANY east clinic are amazing - barely felt anything! I prayed one of the two ladies called my name! Cycle coordinators: briefly dealt with One (Dr Mukherjee’s) who was super organised and communicative. I wish she had kept my case. But I changed Drs after one consult (incidentally, the transfer was smooth) and Dr Copperman’s cycle coordinator was not organised, not a good communicator and not very responsive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Always busy but if you get there for the start of monitoring hours, I was out within 30minutes. East was quicker than west side clinic. If you want to see a nurse, that can take a while to wait. Otherwise, bloods and US were quick.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman recommended a single transfer with chromosome testing. In the end we only had one good tested embryo to transfer anyway.
Alan Copperman

Very professional, well staffed office [RMA of New York]. Always ready to help. Open, cleaned and well equipped...The best [nurses] were the clinic associates. The ones helping the monitoring. That is a rocking team !...Dr Stein is a very knowledgeable professional. He is very clear on which direction to take and is ready to guide you during the process. He is honest and direct, he doesn't cover things. He could take a bit more time to talk during the treatment process. Feel that we have only spoken really taking time on the initial consultation then was very much in and out.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Do intermediate check ins with patience, propose scheduling time to discuss. Offer all the options that RMA has, nutritionist etc, since the beginning. So people can feel that there is a support system behind the doctor.
He was direct and honest. He remembers all patience and tries to be as present as possible.
Clomid for both IUI, pills super easy. Lots of monitoring. Then IVF is a lot of combined inyectable medications followed by a trigger before egg retrieval. Later the transfer cycle is also very demanding. With a lot of other oral or inyectable medications.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The best were the clinic associates. The ones helping the monitoring. That is a rocking team !
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very professional, well staffed office. Always ready to help. Open, cleaned and well equipped.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
17K
He was very clear about his strategy since day one and we were on board after asking a lot of questions. He shown us stadistica and explain risks to go to multiple embryo transfer
NY - Westside

I did 3 rounds of IUI without any medicine, just ultrasound monitoring [with Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee]. After that we moved to clomid and an ovadril trigger shot. We planned to do that for 3 rounds and if it didn't work, move on to IVF. Luckily it worked the last round of IUI with meds...He was patient, answered a MILLION questions, even via email in weekends. He was truthful and also kind and caring. I felt like I was in really good, caring hands.
[Nurses at RMA of New York were] Impressively coordinated. Quick to follow up and answer questions/get me bloodwork results. Gentle with ovadril shots. Helpful finding me the cheapest pharmacy to get my medicine from when it wasn't fully covered...Go early for monitoring, you'll go right in! They are very coordiated from admins tl nurses to doctors.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He is upbeat, realistic and worked with us to do what we needed. He was compassionate and caring. He is attentive and responsive. He is organized and a clear communicator. He is upbeat, realistic and worked with us to do what we needed. He was compassionate and caring. He is attentive and responsive. He is organized and a clear communicator.
He's a good guy who is caring and passionate about helping people get pregnant.
I did 3 rounds of IUI without any medicine, just ultrasound monitoring. After that we moved to clomid and an ovadril trigger shot. We planned to do that for 3 rounds and if it didn't work, move on to IVF. Luckily it worked the last round of IUI with meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Go early for monitoring, you'll go right in! They are very coordiated from admins tl nurses to doctors. Go early for monitoring, you'll go right in! They are very coordiated from admins tl nurses to doctors.
I was covered by insurance, only paid about $400 out of pocket there, and $100 3 times for Ovadril.
N/A for IUI
NY - Eastside

We had a very straightforward experience with Dr. Thornton- - a successful FET. Overall, she was competent and pragmatic about the whole process, which we appreciated. She clearly explained and outlined all procedures in a digestible manner. Furthermore, she was accessible and available to answer our questions... While she was not the doctor that performed my retrieval, she took the time to thoroughly review my history and review everything with me so she was completely up to speed when she took over my case.
RMA downtown is a well-oiled and efficient operation. They have access to the midtown lab and facility, but it's a smaller operation, which I preferred. The strengths are that you have access to a range of services and expertise, the same thing can be a weakness because at midtown, you are one among many. At the downtown practice, I felt more like a person than a case number.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She's a good RE, but I don't know how well she would handle complicated cases. Partly, that hesitation is because we didn't have a complicated case, but nevertheless, if I had an out of the box diagnosis, I might have gone elsewhere.
We had a straightforward eSET when we were trying for our second.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We had copays and premiums for monitoring and procedures.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Strongly preferred eSET for us.
NY - Downtown

I did not get to see him [Dr. Alan Cooperman] at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
[RMA of New York] is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I am very grateful for Dr. Copperman. He was the third fertility doctor i had seen. After Many failed iuis with previous doctors i met with Dr. Copperman. Upon meeting him for my consultation he knew exactly what treatment plan i needed. I did not get to see him at all visits and that was ok with me. He is a busy doctor but always answered all my questions when i did see him. When i did not end up with any normal embryos the first time he tweaked the protocol and we ended up with normal embryos the second time around. He performed both of my embryo transfers. When my first embryo transfer did not work he reviewed my case with the team and i ended up pregnant with my second embryo transfer. I am forever greatful for him. He always works hard to get you to your baby.
Trust his plan for you. He has your best interest at heart.
Antagonist protocol freeze all cycle with genetic screening
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla and jordan)
The nurses were always there to answer any questions. The called back in a timely manner and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a very busy office. Their morning monitoring hours are perfect for the working person. I like that bloodwork and sono were done fairly quickly and i was able to get out quite fast and get to work on time. You will not always see your doctor but a doctor always performs your sonograms and answer any questions you may have. The nurses that draw your blood work soo hard and are very kind.
NY - Westside
[Dr. Joseph Davis has an] Excellent bedside manner; takes time to really listen to what you have to say and your concerns; really cares about his patients; and does not 'know best', let's you make your own treatment decisions and fully supports them. Doctor of osteopathic medicine and incorporated eastern medicine (Chinese herbs, other supplements (CoQ-10, baby ASA), and acupuncture)- all important to me and my partner.
Too big- it's a reproductive mill!!...Previously stated what I think are his [Dr. Joseph Davis] strengths. Weaknesses: working in a reproductive clinic [RMA of New York] this large makes personalization of attention and treatment hard. He did not perform all of the IUI, IVF procedures which would have been preferred. Overall we were more satisfied with him than another female doctor that we had.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Previously stated what I think are his strengths. Weaknesses: working in a reproductive clinic this large makes personalization of attention and treatment hard. He did not perform all of the IUI, IVF procedures which would have been preferred. Overall we were more satisfied with him than another female doctor that we had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Do your research, ask questions, and do not take the first suggestion as the oracle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Agonist protocol, standard treatment for woman of my age.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Too big- it's a reproductive mill!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Variable, but usually able to get in with little wait time or difficulty.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
IVF per cycle ~$7 vs. IUI per cycle ~$300
Describe Joseph Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
At my age, multiple embryo transfer should be the standard, to increase the chances of success. I know it also increases chances of multiples, but that can be sorted out later down the road in my opnion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing major, could happen anywhere. Definitely running very efficiently considering the size of the clinic/ volume of patients that they are seeing.
NY - Downtown
Dr Mukherjee genuinely care about his patients and took the time to talk at length with me and my husband, who is also a physician and had very detailed questions. He was responsive by email and his staff followed up in a caring and patient manner as well...He evaluated our situation and did not push us to do IVF... I saw him for all the visits that really mattered. Once when I was struggling with a medication he even followed up with me later that day to make sure I was ok. He's wonderful.
I spoke with multiple nurses [at RMA] and each time the person knew exactly what I needed to do next and was able to guide me in the process, but don't expect a "buddy" throughout this. They have a large staff and they rotate around...They are pretty flexible if you run late for monitoring or need to see a nurse that day...It's true it's a well-oiled machine, but one that works! Go as early as possible for monitoring or risk waiting a while.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He evaluated our situation and did not push us to do IVF, rather explained it was an option that would significantly decrease the chance of an abnormality resulting in miscarriage. We chose to do IVF and throughout the process he and his staff were hugely supportive. I saw him for all the visits that really mattered. Once when I was struggling with a medication he even followed up with me later that day to make sure I was ok. He's wonderful.
Be prepared that RMA can feel like a factory, but don't let that cloud your experience. Mukherjee himself is a renowned and competent dr. You're in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Isabelle)
I spoke with multiple nurses and each time the person knew exactly what I needed to do next and was able to guide me in the process, but don't expect a "buddy" throughout this. They have a large staff and they rotate around.
Insurance covered 90% of cost
NY - Eastside
He [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] right away told me that with my conditions (mostly PCOS but also unexplained infertility) he suggested we move straight to IVF to increase chances of getting pregnant. He also gave me the option of doing more IUI treatments, but didn't think they would work for me...He showed me different statistics, but also talked about how my personal conditions could influence results. He gave me options, talked about what he thought would work for me and advised on how he thought I should proceed.
The clinic [RMA of NY] is very well run. Monitoring appointments are very convenient as the clinic opens up early. If I came by 7 am, I'd be out no later than 8 each time, which gave me plenty of time to get to work...The nurses are wonderful! They always answered all questions and returned my calls promptly.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He's a great doctor. Even during my initial consultation with him, I felt confident in him as my doctor and knew I could trust him. He showed me different statistics, but also talked about how my personal conditions could influence results. He gave me options, talked about what he thought would work for me and advised on how he thought I should proceed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He's a great doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
He was always there to answer questions, he was the one who monitored most of my appointments, he explained everything very well every step along the way, he was compassionate and kind, gave me options, his staff was wonderful.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He right away told me that with my conditions (mostly PCOS but also unexplained infertility) he suggested we move straight to IVF to increase chances of getting pregnant. He also gave me the option of doing more IUI treatments, but didn't think they would work for me. I chose to move on to IVF with him and am happy I did so.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic is very well run. Monitoring appointments are very convenient as the clinic opens up early. If I came by 7 am, I'd be out no later than 8 each time, which gave me plenty of time to get to work.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He suggested to transfer 1 embryo at a time given my age and medical history.
Benjamin Sandler
NY - Eastside
Dr. McAvey was very sympathetic and listened to our concerns. ... she didn't seem particularly resourceful when we were faced with the results of the initial workup. It turned out we had a combination of DOR and male factor infertility, and she immediately suggested donor eggs, which we weren't ready for. ... we were disappointed by the lack of real treatment strategies for using my own eggs first.
It's a large clinic with multiple locations and many patients, but the staff does make you feel like you are a human, which we really appreciated. (We didn't have much of an interaction beyond a few consultations and workup, because we went elsewhere for our actual treatment.) It felt like RMA is run well. Both our appointments were on time and we didn't have any billing issues. ...
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey was warm and compassionate. It put us at ease, but she didn't seem particularly resourceful when we were faced with the results of the initial workup. It turned out we had a combination of DOR and male factor infertility, and she immediately suggested donor eggs, which we weren't ready for. We wanted to try with my own eggs at least once before going down that route. We decided to consult elsewhere for a second opinion, as we weren't sure if Dr. McAvey had the expertise for us. The treatment plan she suggested was either donor eggs or cookie-cutter IVF that didn't seem tailored at all.
Dr. McAvey was very sympathetic and listened to our concerns. She was the first doctor we saw with our suspected infertility, and I appreciated being treated like a human when we were apprehensive and unsure what the future holds.
Her first suggestion was using donor eggs due to my low ovarian reserve/high FSH. While I understood that donor eggs would give us much higher potential for success, we were disappointed by the lack of real treatment strategies for using my own eggs first.
Beth McAvey
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Joseph Davis] responded promptly to all emails. He spoke frankly about alternative treatments. He explained all decisions and all procedures. He actively advocated for me just attending one in a family of clinics and having all of the necessary information handled by the same office... He was a very kind doctor who explained all of his methods and approaches very clearly, made sure to set me up with key people so that they would explain all expenses and other information, and he even drew a picture of my ovaries and uterus to explain what was going on. Plus generally a chipper and human way of talking...
I love the downtown RMA Office. It's clean, small, and folks are very efficient....[Nursing staff at RMA of New York - NY Downtown] Kind and efficient. ... [Dr. Davis] He was a very kind doctor who explained all of his methods and approaches very clearly, made sure to set me up with key people so that they would explain all expenses and other information, and he even drew a picture of my ovaries and uterus to explain what was going on. Plus generally a chipper and human way of talking.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Email him if you want answers to any questions. He's very prompt!
Dr. Davis smiled and made jokes when he saw me. He responded promptly to all emails. He spoke frankly about alternative treatments. He explained all decisions and all procedures. He actively advocated for me just attending one in a family of clinics and having all of the necessary information handled by the same office.
IUI with injectables and progesterone suppositories
Kind and efficient.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I had insurance, so just the $30 copay. Progesterone supplements, with insurance, costed about $300. All other meds were covered by insurance.
Not applicable

2015 - 2017, 3 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] is a straight shooter. If you need delicate messaging, he isn't the doctor for you. I appreciated his candidness and that he didn't inflate my expectations. He was always available to answer questions and personally called with results and information...Cycle 1- agonist, 3 eggs, 1 embryo batches with round 2 for PGD Cycle 2- micro flare with PGD , 9 eggs, 5 embryos, 0 viable out of 6 (3 Fragile x, 3 chromosomal issues) Cycle 3- micro flare with PGD , 13 eggs. 7 embryos, 2 viable, 1 mosaic, 2 Fragile x, 2 chromosomal issues
Lots of patients [at RMA of New York]! Long monitoring hour lines. BUT- amazing doctors and nurses. They knew every detail of my case and run like a well oiled machine...3 cycles with medicine and PGD = $65,000...The nurses were always available and amazingly responsive. I received call badlcks in 20 minutes every time I called...Blood lab staff were awesome. Lines could be long but he clinic was efficient with getting patients in and out.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He is a straight shooter. If you need delicate messaging, he isn't the doctor for you. I appreciated his candidness and that he didn't inflate my expectations. He was always available to answer questions and personally called with results and information.
Expect blunt communication. He doesn't beat around the bush. BUT he is honest and does everything in his power to help you achieve your goal
Although RMA has many patients, I always felt that the team knew my case well and was accessible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean- Ann and Danitra)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lots of patients! Long monitoring hour lines. BUT- amazing doctors and nurses. They knew every detail of my case and run like a well oiled machine.
3 cycles with medicine and PGD = $65,000

Investor
Dr. Klein is by all accounts an excellent doctor (and I'm the daughter of a doctor, and I have two Ivy League degrees, so I'm a VERY well informed, picky patient!). His attention to detail and understanding of data/risks and medical care is top notch. In addition, he is incredibly caring and compassionate - a rare blend. He is highly practical, but knows when to be cautious, and is one of the best practitioners in the field. Anyone with fertility challenges is lucky to be his patient, and my 9-week old embryo and I will be sad to leave!
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?

2017, Unknown Success
Clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. I asked to add progesterone supplements this round, because my luteal phase is on the shorter side - Dr. Stein didn't think it was entirely necessary but was willing to try it with me...Dr. Stein is sort of rough around the edges, but he seems to truly care about me and my husband, and about our (hopeful) future pregnancy. He listened to my long list of questions about how to adjust treatment and he explained which ones we could do and which he didn't think were right for us. He was very quick to respond to the one email I sent.
Don't expect to see him at each appointment, but if you need to talk to him, he will certainly make time for a visit...The nurses [at RMA of NY] are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions...The clinic is clean, the receptionists are kind, and the nurses are compassionate.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is "no bullshit" and seems a little gruff at first, but he's been very reassuring and comforting to me because his bluntness makes me feel like I can trust him. He responded to an email in great detail and pretty quickly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses are great. They return phone calls quickly, answer all of my questions, and really show empathy and compassion. They don't make me feel silly for asking redundant or embarrassing questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Not sure - haven't been billed yet.
NY - Westside

Dr Stein kept me calm through it all. I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!...Dr Stein is kind, patient, answers all of my questions, and most importantly reassures me. He is thoughtful and gentle.
Strenghts: research, kind docs, multiple clinic locations Weaknesses: busy especially on weekends...Very busy- tried to get there as early as possible. Waits at westside office shorter than eastside. Weekends are a long wait...I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein is the best fertility doc in town. He is brilliant, kind, patient, responsive, and has a wonderful bedside manner. I wasn't the most straightforward fertility case, and I truly believe if I had ended up anywhere else, it wouldn't have ended the same happy way. Dr Stein kept me calm through it all. I left RMA when they stopped taking my insurance, tried a different fertility clinic (one of my biggest regrets), and quickly returned happy to pay the out of pocket costs to be under Dr Stein's care. Would recommend highly!
Good luck :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
Very patient, reassuring, kind, went out of her way to make my journey as easy as possible
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
single embryo transfer - multiple pregnancies being higher risk
NY - Westside

I felt very confident with Dr Stein treating me. He has 20+ years of experience which earns my trust. He is not going to sugar coat things and make you have higher expectations than you should. He is a good communicator. I never had trouble understanding what he was telling me...He was honest and up front about our situation and our options but also down to earth...When I came to him feeling a certain way about something, he listened and resolved it.
They [RMA - West Side] were organized, had good monitoring hours (7AM - 8:30AM) and were always available via phone when needed. Very little wait time...They helped up get approved for a NYS grant which cut out costs in half....A nurse once called with instructions that were differnet than were emailed to me....The nurse who called me with my results/instructions was always warm, informative and a clear communicator. My coordinator answered emails promptly and thoroughly.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Trust his experience and if you need something more, ask. He listens.
He was honest and up front about our situation and our options but also down to earth. I got to know about him and his family. I feel as if ive know him for years not months. When I came to him feeling a certain way about something, he listened and resolved it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They were organized, had good monitoring hours (7AM - 8:30AM) and were always available via phone when needed. Very little wait time.
They helped up get approved for a NYS grant which cut out costs in half.
NY - Westside

He Dr. Copperman] was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt....Did not explain well and was not warm....He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Nice place [RMA] pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms...stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask...She [nurse] was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened...Well run, [monitoring appts] at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He was efficient and I am sure knows what he is doing but is not warm and does not explain details or even the general process well. I barely saw him, the one time I had him for sonogram he was not encouraging and I thought of switching, but since I was in the middle of a cycle I didnt. I am so happy I switched to Dr. Lekovich!!!
Not warm, see someone else
Did not explain well and was not warm.
He used menorpur and gonal f. No real explanation or rationalization
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
She was much more communicative than the doctor! Would deserve much more credit for any success, had it happened
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice place pretty well organized, try not to get Dr. Letterman. He was rough during sonograms. Avoid dr copperman, and stay on top of your cycle, they may not always be on it and ask questions they might not think to ask. If there are med students, feel free to say you dont want them in on meetings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well run, at an inconvenient time, I live in queens and it is from 7-8:30 am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Very expensive, luckily I have Bonei Olam who helps with lowering and sharing costs.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Copperman was kind, thoughtful, and insightful. He explained everything and made sure I was informed about all procedures. I felt very comfortable under his care. He even called me while on vacation with his family to make sure I was ok after my transfer...to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me... I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork...I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me...[Nurse] Jordyn was a life saver. She helped me Through the hardest times in my cycle. She was compassionate and very kind to me and my husband. She even helped me deal with the financial team when needed. She was/is amazing....I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of....
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be patient and trust the team
I had an amazing experience with RMA. I wanted to give up and they wouldn't let me, Dr. Copperman even called me while on vacation to make sure I was not just physically but mentally ok as well. I am so grateful to them for giving me the family I always dreamed of.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was great. Busy. But ran like clockwork.
Dr. Copperman believes in one healthy baby. I asked to transfer two embryos to help my chances of conceiving, never thinking I would get so lucky with twins! Best thing that has ever happened to me!
NY - Eastside
Dr Flisser has an excellent bedside manner. He was attentive and was knowledgeable of current research in his specialty....Dr Flisser was concise with my treatment plan and presented me with a realistic expectations. I had questions along the way which he addressed with patience and understanding. Overall, I felt very comfortable with him as a patient, and would return to him for my next pregnancy without hesitation...Dr Flisser's nurse coordinator, made herself available from the first visit.
The clinic is efficient, I did not wait more than 30 min during any follow up visits or lab draws. The staff from the front desk to billing were efficient, receptive to questions. It is one of the best run offices I have been to. I expected to wait much longer since I have been to doctors' offices and experienced rude staff or long wait times. Not the case with RMA...Dr Flisser's nurse coordinator, made herself available from the first visit. She gave her work email, and explained the process if I had any questions. I actually had to email her about a question on a saturday and I got a call from her same day. It calmed my anxieties since I was on vacation and traveling. She was efficient and answered all my concerns.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa)