Natan Bar-Chama

212-256-8200
311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

If I did have a question about a morning visit he [Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee] was good about getting back to me...Honest and friendly he was easy to reach by email. I had been to previous clinics where they rushed into treatment and overlooked a fibroid that was clearly a problem. On my first scan dr Mukherjee said it had to go. A few clomid cycles after the surgery I was pregnant!
[The nurses at RMA of New York were] Available and caring...Very busy place but they know what they are doing. Multiple offices made monitoring easy. All staff are accessible by email. Working out financial issues was time consuming Overall very well run office...Honest and friendly he [Dr. Mukherjee] was easy to reach by email. I had been to previous clinics where they rushed into treatment and overlooked a fibroid that was clearly a problem. On my first scan dr Mukherjee said it had to go. A few clomid cycles after the surgery I was pregnant!
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He doesn’t monitor every day. If I did have a question about a morning visit he was good about getting back to me
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He took the time to look at my records and perform a thorough ultrasound
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Paola)
Available and caring
Tanmoy Mukherjee
2012 - 2017, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...[protocols] Clomid then and now Gonal-F... he was very empathetic when dealing with me...I love my clinic...[nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly.
I love my clinic [RMA - West Side] ... [nurses] They were very accommodating and thorough. They always responded to email or return calls very quickly...He [Dr. Bar-Chama] was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too...Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
How was your experience with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
He was a very good doctor. I am struggling with male infertility and he helped me understand the issues I was facing. He did everything he could do to provide information to my insurance company in a timely manner. His nurses are extremely helpful too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Listen to him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York?
Because he was very empathetic when dealing with me.
Describe the protocols Natan Bar-Chama used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Clomid then and now Gonal-F
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Koenigsberg)
I love my clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natan Bar-Chama at RMA of New York.
I do not remember
Natan Bar-Chama

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I'm a science nerd so I appreciated having this information, but he [Dr Sandler] sometimes presented the information just as information giving me little indication as to how this information would affect my husband and I in real life. It seemed like he was using a "flow chart" of sorts where if treatment A didn't work then we move on to treatment B without necessarily considering me, my history or how the previous treatment went.
RMA is a huge practice. This has its benefits, but for me, it seemed to have more drawbacks...Each time I called I would have to give a brief overview of my history and a different person would contact me. There were times when I was given two different answers to the same question and had to navigate very confusing waters with little direction.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler is incredibly knowledgeable and often explained what was going on in great, scientific detail. I'm a science nerd so I appreciated having this information, but he sometimes presented the information just as information giving me little indication as to how this information would affect my husband and I in real life. It seemed like he was using a "flow chart" of sorts where if treatment A didn't work then we move on to treatment B without necessarily considering me, my history or how the previous treatment went. He was somewhat personable, but I wouldn't say his bedside manner was always great. Sometimes it seemed as if he wanted to succeed with us more to advance his own ego than to give us sometime we want so badly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Don't expect warm and fuzzy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
RMA is a huge practice. This has its benefits, but for me, it seemed to have more drawbacks. I never spoke directly with Dr. Sandler when I had a question or corner, nor did I have contact information for a specific nurse or assistant. Each time I called I would have to give a brief overview of my history and a different person would contact me. There were times when I was given two different answers to the same question and had to navigate very confusing waters with little direction. Everyone was nice enough, but many times I felt that the person I was dealing with was not looking at me as a human, with very complicated emotions surrounding infertility and the treatments I was going through.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with three cycles of IUI using the pill Letrozol and Ovidrel for the trigger shot. I was told each time I went for monitoring that I was responding well to the medication, but got a negative result each time. I don't recall having any side effects from the Letrozol. I bruised at the injection site from the Ovidrel (but I bruise easily in general). Then we moved on to a traditional IVF cycle. We used Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel again for the trigger shot. Giving the shots to myself wasn't as bad as I expected. I bruised at the injection sites (which you should try to vary as much as possible to avoid injuring the same spot repeatedly) and was sometimes red and irritated as well. I had a very "full" feeling with the injections (which I was told was normal bloating) and was sometimes uncomfortable for a few minutes after each shot (mostly with the Menopur and Cetrotide). We got 9 eggs from this cycle, and at the time were told this was a good number. Unfortunately, only 4 fertilized with ICSI (my husband had testicular cancer in 2013 so they did this because of his medical history) and by the time day 5 came around for the transfer only one was left (it was not at blastocyst stage yet, but they transferred it because it was all that we had and said there was still a chance that we could get pregnant). We did not, however. When we met with Dr. Sandler for a follow-up we were told that 9 eggs was not really a good number (not sure why we were told at the time that it was) and for someone my age and without any other obvious health issues they would have expected more (a doctor we saw before beginning this whole process brought up the idea of endometriosis but Dr. Sandler felt strongly that he did not need to investigate this further). We were also told that my right and left ovaries produced a different number of eggs during this cycle. Dr. Sandler said he would like to see more egg production and more even production between the two ovaries so he recommended another round of IVF but using what they called a "flare protocol". So for IVF round 2, I went on a birth control pill for about 20 days first (this is supposed to shut the whole system down so that when the injections begin, the system is "flared" up and made to produce more eggs and with evenness between the ovaries). Then I did injections again, but this time using Lupron, Follistim, Menopur and then Ovidrel for the trigger shot. This time 13 eggs were retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI and 3 remained at the time of transfer. Dr. Sandler recommended that we transfer two embryos (this time they made it to the blastocyst stage) so we did. The third was allowed to mature another day and was frozen on day 6. I should also mention that with all rounds I also used Medrol, Endometrin, and Prometrium after the transfers (I also took a single dose of an antibiotic with each round). Again, we got a negative pregnancy test. We met with Dr. Sandler again and were told that the one embryo that was frozen made it to a very good stage (all embryos are given a rating based on their development) and he recommended that we transfer that frozen embryo. So we did. I took Estradiol and then used the same progesterone as with the fresh transfers. Again, a negative pregnancy test. We used all of our available insurance benefits and also paid a lot of money out of pocket with Dr. Sandler. So after many failed attempts we decided to try a different doctor just to have a fresh set of eyes look at our case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
With the exception of one nurse, they were generally very quick to give information and sometimes I felt like I was being rushed off the phone. Some seemed somewhat unhappy to be doing what they were doing. I know we all have bad days and things going on outside of work, but this is a very sensitive field to be working in so one would think they would have been a bit more compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very large, clean, and "doctor office" like. Easy to get to for me which was a plus.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I tried getting to the office before it technically opened since I have to be at work early in the morning (by 8am). Usually there were about 5 people there with me. They generally started seeing patients for monitoring on time. The longest I waited was an hour, but that only happened once.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
All three cycles of IUI were covered by our insurance and I do not recall the specific costs. A round if IVF with medications ran well over $10,000. Payment was due on day one of the cycle and in full. The anesthesiologist did not take insurance so each retrieval required at least $750 out of pocket. I spoke with Dr. Sandler at the last follow up appointment about finances and he was able to reduce the cost of the frozen transfer that we did.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was given conflicting information several times. Instructions given on my voicemail were often different than those on the actual prescription requiring several phone calls to clarify. I showed up once for bloodworm and an ultrasound as instructed and was asked why I was there as the orders had not been properly sent. I had to call on many occasions to ask for refills. The "IVF coordinator" who I was given contact information for often had to consult with a nurse or two to get an answer to a question when one was directed to her.

2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Stein] puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide.
All of the nurses I've talked to [at RMA of New York] are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is very accessible and usually very warm. We have his email address and he always writes back promptly with detailed answers. I am someone who asks a lot of questions and who wants to know every little detail. I also have a lot of anxiety around this process which means I do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions to many different people on the subject (RE, OB, PCP, nutritionist, acupuncturist, friends/coworkers who have gone through this, 2nd opinions...anyone). He puts up rather well with my many questions that arise from looking at so many sources. I also appreciated that he wasn't pushy about any sort of particular treatment. He very plainly explained the options to us based on our situation. He told us the laid back approach, all the way through the very aggressive approach, the pros and cons of each option, and then let us decide. It doesn't seem to be about money with him - he truly seems to want us to get pregnant with a viable baby, and not just for money or to "up" his numbers. I really believe he cares. So far in our treatment he has been right in all of his opinions of what our fertility issues are. We aren't out of the woods yet, but I've been seeing him for just over a year now and we are definitely very close to a viable pregnancy with our own sperm and eggs. I have more hope now than I had before. Also, he always recognizes me when he sees me in the waiting room. He has so many patients, and yet he knows who we are. (Maybe he only remembers me because I'm crazy, but I don't think so - he seems to remember lots of people). It feels more personal, instead of me just being another number. UPDATE: We seem to be out of the woods now! After my 2nd embryo transfer (both with genetically tested single embryo) I am now almost 16 weeks pregnant! (1st embryo transfer with genetically tested embryo did result in a pregnancy, but he thought it was a chemical pregnancy as it miscarried very shortly after the positive pregnancy test). This current pregnancy - my 5th one - is the first one to make it this far by a mile. It's the first one I ever even heard a heartbeat. I'm still only cautiously optimistic because of all of the miscarriages prior to this, but we have hope!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Don't be shy to ask questions. He's fairly patient with this, but sometimes won't think to have us try a certain thing until we bring it up. For example we did two egg retrievals and only the second one brought us normal embryos (genetically tested). He assumed we were going to do a frozen transfer the next cycle. We thought about it, and then asked if it would make sense to do another egg retrieval and try to bank a few more genetically normal embryos before the transfer. (We had several reasons for this). He said that was a great idea, and he recommended highly that we do it, if we were up for it - but he didn't suggest it himself - we brought the subject up to him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
See my previous statement. I definitely feel like a person there, and not a number.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
IUI: 5 days of Letrozole, then monitoring. IUI done when I had 2 or 3 eggs maturing. (Ended up in pregnancy - my third, but miscarriage at 6w1d). Rationale was not to use injectables for an IUI cycle, as those tend to result in multiples which is risky. So we just gave my ovaries a little push and it worked! But the embryo was abnormal (tested fetus after miscarriage and was missing part of the 8th chromosome) so IUI didn't seem to be for us. We needed to move on to IVF with genetic testing. Egg retrieval #1: 150 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 13. 10 eggs/8 mature/5 fertilized/1 made it to day 6/0 tested genetically normal. :( Egg retrieval #2: 225 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 24 eggs/20 mature/17 fertilized/6 made it to day 6/2 tested genetically normal (grades CB and DA). Rationale was to try and get more eggs than the first retrieval - which worked, and gave us at least a few "normal" ones. Decision as to whether we should transfer one of the "normal" embryos, or if we should try to bank a few more "normal" embryos before a transfer. Opted to bank. Egg retrieval #3: 200 gonal F and 2 vials of menopur. Then a few days later added in a 3rd vial of menopur and also gonarelix. Egg retrieval on day 14. 10 eggs/10 mature/8 fertilized/5 made it to day 6/3 tested genetically normal (grades AB, BB, BC). Rationale was to get better quality eggs, rather than quantity. It worked! This was by far my best cycle in terms of embryology results. At this point we had 5 "normal" embryos frozen (although he said the DA looked really bad - and in all his years of doing this he's only seen a viable pregnancy with a D embryo twice. Transfer #1: 2 mg estrace taken twice a day. A few days later upped it to 2 mg of estrace three times a day. 5 days before transfer started 50 mg progesterone intramuscular shot once a day/16 mg Medrol for 7 days/1000 mg Azithromycen once. Transfer of BB embryo that thawed to an AA embryo. Lining was at 10mm. Resulted in positive pregnancy test (my 4th) but it didn't stick. Doctor said this was a fluke or bad luck that it didn't work - that with a genetically "normal" AA embryo with 10mm lining (and nothing else structurally wrong with me) this should have worked. Transfer #2: Same protocol as above, however upped to 75 mg progesterone when mine tested slightly low. Transfer of AB embryo that thawed the same. Lining was at 9mm. This one worked! (My fifth pregnancy). As of this writing I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jean-Ann Mckiernan and Ferstendig)
All of the nurses I've talked to are good, but Jean-Ann is the best. She offered to help me with injections two mornings when I was there for monitoring, since my husband was out of town. One time she even called me on her day off to respond to an email I had written. I really feel like she's in our cheering section and is hoping for us to succeed. Eliza was also awesome. When I got discharged from the RE's office (to my OB), I hadn't said goodbye to her before I left, so she ran out into the hall while I was waiting for the elevator just to say goodbye and good luck. So sweet!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very pleasant and clean and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Our insurance was pretty good. They were in network the year where I had the bulk of my treatments (Anthem Blue Cross). They are not in network anymore, so it would have been much more expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing major. Our IVF coordinator isn't the best. I didn't feel that she had answers to some of our questions, or that she was a one stop shop for us. She is a very, very nice person, but we don't have a lot of confidence in her. We recently got assigned a new coordinator and it's too early to tell how good she is. UPDATE: Second coordinator wasn't much better than the first. I'm still not quite sure what an IVF coordinator is supposed to do.

2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed....We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** [at RMA of New York] While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He is thorough, but this can also be to his detriment. He spends a lot of time spouting facts and figures that don't necessarily apply to you (for example I'm 32, I don't particularly care about the success rates for women 40+ or risks for them). We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This is hard. You don't know what you don't know, so it's impossible to tell someone to ask a lot of questions, etc. when you don't know what to ask and you feel like you're getting thorough information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed. For anything else-- monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer-- we rarely saw him and just had to take whoever was on staff that day,
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
1) IVF-- my husband had testicular cancer and so his sperm count was low. Our first cycle was stopped as I was told my eggs weren't developing as a "cohort". Two eggs were "racing ahead of the pack" and Dr. Lederman felt like due to my age and health, we could do better. It was converted to an IUI where I had a negative home pregnancy test and the dr's office had a low positive (chemical pregnancy most likely). 2) Once I got my period I was put on birth control (pill) for about 2.5 weeks and then started hormone injections again. It took longer than anticipated before they did the egg retrieval (we were told about 10 days, it was 14 before my retrieval). My egg retrieval was extremely painful and I couldn't move and was in the worst pain of my life for several days. Nobody would prescribe me anything for the pain (various other materials I read online said other patients at other clinics were always sent home with an rx painkiller). I had also been told this procedure is "painless". They got 12 eggs, 10 were mature enough to fertilize (ICSI), 8 were successful, 6 grew, and we wound up with 2 the day-of. The doctor who did our transfer, literally as they were wheeling me out of the waiting area and into the transfer room, said "oh we want to put both back" so my husband and I didn't really have time to even think about it. We had been told, for years, that only ONE egg would ever be transferred. 3) This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and the most difficult time of our lives. The pregnancy test came back low positive (hcg about 8) so they told me it didn't work. Then my numbers continued to triple every 2-3 days and make huge jumps. This whole time I was in for monitoring every 2-3 days where various doctors, who were not my doctor, would tell me they didn't know what was wrong but something definitely was even though my numbers were in the normal range. I was repeatedly told they "couldn't find it" (the sac). After a couple weeks of this (getting good new the numbers were rising and then terrible news that they were convinced something was terribly wrong because they couldn't see anything) I was sent to an ultrasound clinic with higher tech machines as, after weeks of torture, my doctors office finally informed me that their machines aren't good enough to see anything that early anyway (!!!!). This place found an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two shots of methotrexate that evening and we had to stop trying for three months. 4) After three months, we went back to Dr. Lederman and said at this time we are only willing to try IUI (something less invasive). We are in the middle of our first cycle with Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Christine, but she left halfway through our first IVF cycle and then we had nobody)
Erin was the main nurse we had contact with. She was very kind and caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The weekend had one location open across the entire city and it was a cattle call. It is a nightmare to go there with waits lasting over an hour, nowhere to sit, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Our insurance covers this. I just have an occasional co-pay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They double-charged our insurance for our first IUI which then put us over our limit for coverage and stuck us with a huge bill. It took many days of calling the office and insurance company for this to get straightened out. They would routinely tell my husband he needed to come in for tests or bloodwork which they had already done.

2016, Unknown Success
Over all I liked Dr. Copperman, I do wish I saw him more. His bed side manner is decent, although he can have a bit of a sarcastic way about him which can be good for some and bad for others. He used a different protocol than my previous doctor which I liked and seemed more appropriate for someone my age dealing with diminishing ovarian reserves.
I really struggled with my experience at RMA. I really liked Dr. Copperman when I met with him so I knew going in he knew what he was doing. After the initial one on one meeting, nothing about the experience was personal. I almost never saw my own doctor, i always seemed to speak to a different nurse, and overall communication with the nurses was poor. The most obvious reason why i felt like a number was the atmosphere of the clinic, it has a "herding cattle" atmosphere. There are always at least 20 people in the waiting room if not 40.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. He sees a lot of patients and can be very quick during a monitoring appointments and can make it hard to get your questions asked and it can feel a little rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Copperman used something called the short protocol with me for the cycle. This adds in a medicine called luperon which helps your brain to naturally produce FSH. Since I am considered to be young in the fertility world, he said this protocol can be very successful as my body can be very receptive. In addition to the Luperon I also took menopur and follistim. The short protocol also doesn't require estrogen beforehand or ovulation tracking. I was also put on the pill for two weeks before my cycle to jump start my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Maya)
My coordinator was overall good. She was good at communicating besides a few times when she didn't respond to my email and I had to follow up.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Besides the great doctors that work there, there arent too many strengths to the clinic. Although this may not seem important, this really bothered me during my treatment - the office staff and even some nurses dressed very inappropriately for a doctors office setting. They did not represent the clinic well and it was hard to take many of the seriously. The clinic is always always crowded. I was actually surprised how quickly they get people in and out. I did really enjoy the women who did the blood tests, they were all warm and friendly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There was a window of time in the morning which was nice in a way since I didn't have to miss work. They are very quick and on average would probably spend 15 min waiting which wasn't terrible considering how many people were waiting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
treatment for embryo freezing was $12,000 plus the cost of meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I really wish the nurses and doctors would have spent more time going over results with me. Having done two cycles before this, one successful and one failed, i know what signs to look for. There were times my blood results came back and they were not clear at all whether they were good or bad and I felt like i was left wondering. I think for patients who are not very involved with their treatment this isn't a major problem. Besides that, it was just the overall atmosphere of the office that I didn't like.
NY - Eastside

When my e2 spiked and I was in danger of hyperstimulating, she [Dr Beth McAvey] canceled my fresh transfer so that my body could recover. She did a great job of monitoring my follicle growth so I triggered at the right time for the maximum number of eggs retrieved...She also pressured me gently to only transfer one embryo, because she thought my chances were so good, and I really wanted to do two. IVF is obviously an easier experience on a patient when it's so successful, so it's only natural that I highly regard Dr. McAvey. It's hard to know if I would have gotten the same great outcome the first time with anther doctor. I still have 11 frozen embryos waiting to be our baby's sibling.
They [the staff at RMA of New York] also were very organized and never missed calling me with my instructions, which was an unfounded paranoia of mine. Rma is more impersonal because you rotate doctors and there are so many patients, but it seemed to me that they have a system that works. I think if you arrive later in the window of hours for monitoring, you probably end up with a long wait. That happened to me once on the weekend, but at least I exp
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey did a great job monitoring my first and only IVF cycle after 7 failed iuis at a different clinic. I have endometriosis but there was no clear reason for my infertility. She was extremely positive about my chances. I think I ended up being an easy patient because I ended up responding very well to the stimulation cycle. When my e2 spiked and I was in danger of hyperstimulating, she canceled my fresh transfer so that my body could recover. She did a great job of monitoring my follicle growth so I triggered at the right time for the maximum number of eggs retrieved. I ended up with 31. She also pressured me gently to only transfer one embryo, because she thought my chances were so good, and I really wanted to do two. IVF is obviously an easier experience on a patient when it's so successful, so it's only natural that I highly regard Dr. McAvey. It's hard to know if I would have gotten the same great outcome the first time with anther doctor. I still have 11 frozen embryos waiting to be our baby's sibling.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions. Be in touch via email if you want more information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
Dr. McAvey was warm and took the time to share information and answer questions. She was receptive to email communication.
Describe the protocols Beth McAvey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I believe I was on the antagonist protocol for ivf: I had a short 8 day stimulation cycle, and I took gonal-f, ganirelix, and menopur during that time. (Probably others I'm forgetting). Of course I started my cycle with birth control pills. When my cycle staRted and I went in for baseline, I had an ovarian cyst that delayed my start for two weeks. She prescribed me ovidrel to treat the cyst. I triggered with hcg. I had a lot of follicles to begin with and responded well (except for the e2 spike, which was fine). I had 31 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 12 made it to freeze. I then went straight to a frozen embryo transfer for my next cycle. I was prescribed antibiotics, estrace pills, and I was on progesterone in oil shots through week 9 of pregnancy. My transfer went off without a hitch. I didn't do bed rest or anything afterwards.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
I'm not sure if Erin was the primary nurse but she often was the one who called with instructions. She always was patient with questions. I also heard from Olga a lot. I didn't have too many interactions with nurses in person- mostly just leading up to the instructions for trigger, retrieval, transfer, etc. My ivf coordinator Christina ended up not being extremely helpful. She was new, but I found I could get information from my doctor or nurses, not from her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Rma is of course a big clinic with good success rates. From what I've read, the quality of their lab makes a big difference in their outcomes, but that's one area of the practice that we don't really see. I went to rma westside (except on weekends) and I was so pleased overall with how quickly and efficiently I was seen in the many morning appointments for monitoring. I had been so worried about missing lots of work, and I ended up not being late once, because if I got to the clinic before it opened (7am), I could literally have my blood drawn and my ultrasound done and be out the door at 7:20. Amazing! They also were very organized and never missed calling me with my instructions, which was an unfounded paranoia of mine. Rma is more impersonal because you rotate doctors and there are so many patients, but it seemed to me that they have a system that works. I think if you arrive later in the window of hours for monitoring, you probably end up with a long wait. That happened to me once on the weekend, but at least I expected it. They really move quickly though. At rma, I definitely didn't have that feeling of knowing the nurses well, even though I went in all the time. They didn't really know me by name. But everyone was always friendly and professional, so that was a fine trade-off to me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Weekdays 7-10am monitoring hours. I always arrived by 6:45, out by 7:30 at latest. Very efficient and well run. On weekends you have to go to the big main clinic. I had a longer wait there but it was quicker than I expected considering the number of patients waiting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth McAvey at RMA of New York.
I was extremely lucky to have my ivf cycle and medications be 100% covered by insurance. I think we only had a few hundred billed to us (copays and an u/s at my initial visit).
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him...Its hard to point out any flaw with the care we received from Dr. Stein and the entire RMA team. - Dr. Stein is actively involved - from sales-pitching the practice to you on your first meeting, most morning monitoring, determining, tweaking, explaining the protocols, in close contact during the retrieval process and personally performing the implantation procedure. He even helped match us up with the right OBGYN upon release, based on where we live and our history...
[RMA - West Side] Strengths: Convenient location (for us), Work with our insurance (Progyny), well organized, mature setup across reception, billing, morning monitoring, IVF coordination and nursing care. Weaknesses - I cant really think of one...Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Please seriously consider Dr. Stein (as long as insurance and location works out for you) - you will be in good hands,
Dr. Stein always knew every detail of our treatment, we saw him regularly as he did our morning monitoring most of the time. Never once did we have to remind him or fill in some gap of knowledge of our history with him (Happen one too many times - scarily - with the previous doctor we saw)
IVF cycle 1: Resulted in no embryos that passed PGS. Antagonist protocol that yielded 9 eggs and 2 made it to day 5. IVF cycle 2: Resulted in a pregnancy (currently at week 10). Was a modified lupron flare protocol. Yielded 11 eggs, 2 made it to day 5, one passed PGS and implanted successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
- the RMA team is kick ass. The IVF coordinator and nurse are available over email, and over phone and never take more than a couple of hours to return a call. Everything detail is organized and communicated in full detail. - Morning monitoring at RMA is a smooth affair. Can sometimes take about an hour, but time it right (e.g. arrive early or late) and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The folks doing the blood work are especially amazing. We have a thin vein problem and the lab folks were always smiling reassuring, patient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA is fully covered at zero cost under our insurance plan - Progyny. We had zero bills to handle, zero co-pays to worry about.
NY - Westside

I like the Dr. Klein is so easy to reach. He always answers my emails right away, and I feel like he knows who I am as a patient of his. Not just someone whose chart he has to check before each visit. On the rare ocassion I had to see another doctor, Dr. Klein always called me himself to check up on me, go over results... like the Dr. Klein is so easy to reach. He always answers my emails right away, and I feel like he knows who I am as a patient of his. Not just someone whose chart he has to check before each visit. On the rare occasion I had to see another doctor, Dr. Klein always called me himself to check up on me, go over results...
My only minor complaint about this clinic [RMA - White Plains] is that the major procedures have to be done in New York City. I initially picked the clinic because of its location. I also would have preferred that my doctor personally do my egg retrieval and transfer, but I know that's probably not realistic. I will mention that any time I was seen by another doctor, mine always followed up almost immediately with a personal phone call...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Don't be embarrassed to ask questions, because he is always willing to answer and explain.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was very friendly and always took extra time to answer my questions and involve me in my treatment. He also is very easy to get in touch with.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Formy two IUI cycles I used 100mg of clomid on days 2-6 with the IUI on day 14. Neither resulted in pregnancy, but we have male factor infertility so we almost expected they wouldn't. For my IVF cycle I did an antagonist protocol with 225 of Gonal-f and starting with 150 of menopur all the way up to 300 of menopur for 8 days. The last 3 days I added .25 of cetrotide. I did a double Lupron and HCG trigger shot on day 9 and had my egg retrieval on day 11. They retrieved 10 eggs, 7 of which fertilized with ICSI. I am scheduled for a fresh transfer on day 16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Everyone was wonderful. I felt the staff really knew who I was without looking Up my chart. For example, I need a note for work if I am going to be late because of a doctor appointment, and the nurses knew without me even having to ask eventually. It was nice to feel a relationship and geniuine caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My only minor complaint about this clinic is that the major procedures have to be done in New York City. I initially picked the clinic because of its location. I also would have preferred that my doctor personally do my egg retrieval and transfer, but I know that's probably not realistic. I will mention that any time I was seen by another doctor, mine always followed up almost immediately with a personal phone call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
My IVF was covered by insurance but there was a $1500 co-payment, $750 for the anesthesia and then the medicines had various co-payments. Almost all of them were covered and the ones that weren't didn't exceed $150. I didn't pay a co-payment per visit each time I saw the doctor. I had a a few small ($20 maybe) fees for blood work when I began all of my testing.
Westchester

I only saw Dr. Flisser a couple of times...during my first consultation, on day one of my cycle for monitoring and maybe twice more quickly for monitoring. A different doctor did my retrieval, whom I had never met, based on the day my retrieval fell and their schedules for doing retrievals. Overall, I think Flisser is a nice guy and is smart/very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. I didn't get the feeling he was paying close attention to my treatment and was invested in my outcome (even if he was, I didn't get that feeling). The communication and follow up with the doctor wasn’t great post cycle...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Eric has a fairly laid back attitude, but he is willing to sit and answer as many questions as you have. When I did see him, he was patient and thorough in his explanations. He is thorough when asked questions, but does not proactively provide a lot of information. It was my first time doing any fertility treatment, so more information regarding expectations and how I was progressing along the way would've been helpful. But if you know what to expect and what questions to ask, you should be ok. I only saw Dr. Flisser a couple of times...during my first consultation, on day one of my cycle for monitoring and maybe twice more quickly for monitoring. A different doctor did my retrieval, whom I had never met, based on the day my retrieval fell and their schedules for doing retrievals. Overall, I think Flisser is a nice guy and is smart/very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. I didn't get the feeling he was paying close attention to my treatment and was invested in my outcome (even if he was, I didn't get that feeling). The communication and follow up with the doctor wasn’t great post cycle. My cycle was unsuccessful and I had questions about options for another cycle and I had to follow up several times to get answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions. You have to be proactive to get information. Know that you may not have him for your retrieval. This is more a statement of the clinic though because each doctor is scheduled to do retrievals on a certain day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I didn't see him much, but when I did, he appeared to remember me and took interest in my progress.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First 5 days: 300 IU of Gonal/F every day ( in the morning ) 2 amps of Menopur ( in the evening ) Last 5 days 300 IU of Gonal/F ( in the morning ) 3 amps of Menopur ( in the evening ) 250 mcg of Cetrotide (in the evening) Trigger shots night before retrieval: 40 units of LupT 1000 IU of hCG
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at the monitoring sessions were all very caring and pleasant. The nurses that would call with instructions or answer questions were very organized and prompt.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pros: The ladies at the front desk are very nice and friendly, as are all the nurses during monitoring hours. The clinic is very organized considering the volume of people coming through there everyday. They always called when they said they would with instructions for the next day and followed up with an email with the exact instructions. The nurses were very available for questions. You'd have to leave a message with the front desk, but a nurse would call you back, even after hours. Cons: There are a LOT of patients in and out each day. The waiting time for monitoring hours can be long. If you arrive a few minutes before they open at 7am, that's your best bet for a short wait time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are from 7am-9am, but the waiting room gets very full and the wait times can be very long. The best time to go is first thing in the morning and be there when they open at 7am. Each time I did this, I never waited more than 10 minutes. However, the waiting does have WiFi, which is nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Approx $18K
Eric Flisser
NY - Eastside

Dr. Sandler was mostly straightforward during my treatment. I did feel that there were times he overexplained things and didn't focus on the details I wanted to hear. However he answered all of my questions as they arose, and I did feel confident he had my best interest in mind. My treatments were a success with Dr. Sandler, and after 2 rounds of IUI and 2 rounds of full IVF, I am currently 18 weeks pregnant...
[RMA - East Side] Strengths: Lots of great doctors, great results, knowledgeable staff, helpful with understanding benefits and helping to obtain discounts. Weaknesses: Won't baby you (I don't think this is necessarily a weakness), there are a lot of women there so morning monitoring can definitely feel like a factory...First come, first served, from 7--830. There were always tons of women there, but only a couple instances where it wasn't moving efficiently enough...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
You will not be handheld, and you may have to ask for specifics at some points, but feel confident that he will get the job done.
The clinic saw a lot of patients, and I always felt like Dr. Sandler had to look at a file to remember my name. But I also felt that the staff upon retrieval and transfer were so kind and helpful, which I believe is when it really mattered most.
We started with 2 IUI rounds on clomid. After no success, my FSH rose to 16 and Dr. Sandler explained it was time to move to IVF and be aggressive. First IVF cycle was the antagonist protocol and I retrieved 8 eggs, 4 were mature, and 3 fertilized. 2 made it to Day 5 and both were transferred, but they appeared to be of abnormal quality. I had a chemical positive that progressed no further. Second IVF cycle, I used the Lupron flare protocol. Dr. Sandler believed that I may have egg quality issues, so I took DHEA supplements on my own after asking him about it for 3.5 months first. Then I started the flare protocol, but only retrieved 5 eggs, and produced 1 embryo. However, that embryo was the "most beautiful embryo the clinic had seen all week" and they thought it to be of high quality. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I called numerous times with questions and the nurses were always helpful or quick to return my call.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Fortunately, insurance helped out greatly with my expenses. I still paid several thousand dollars out of pocket (maybe $10K).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Nothing huge, but there was one instance where they did not call me after morning monitoring and I had to call them to chase. There was also another time I had to chase to have an antibiotic called in.
NY - Eastside

She [Dr. Kim Thornton] was professional, kind and ultimately got the job done! I think her only weakness is that she seems young and my husband and I sometimes found her manner of speech to be a bit millenial-esque. But that's being very nit-picky!...I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coo
I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic [RMA of New York] is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coo
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
She was professional, kind and ultimately got the job done! I think her only weakness is that she seems young and my husband and I sometimes found her manner of speech to be a bit millenial-esque. But that's being very nit-picky!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Communication with the office was very convenient. I was assigned a coordinator who helped implement the doctor's treatment plan and was easily available by email (and phone if I needed it). Plus, I got to see my doctor every time I was there and she knew us and our case well. I never felt 'lost' in their system.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol - retrieval (Gonal F 150IU sub Q daily; Menopur 2 vials sub Q daily; Ganirelix 1 PFS sub Q daily; Trigger: leuprolide, 40IU Sub Q once when directed plus 1 x 1,000IU of Novarel hCG; Azithromycin Two x 500mg for husband) Transfer: Estrace 1 x 2mg tablets up to 3x daily at times, Progesterone in Oil up to 2 ccs injected intramuscularly at times, Medrol 1 tab PO QD x 7 days; Two x 500mg Azithromycin) I can't say I remember what the rationale was for using this protocol, I assumed I just got 'the usual.' Results: retrieved 11 eggs, nine survived overnight, eight embryos survived after five days and four were free of genetic defects after PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Felix)
Overall, very easy to get in touch with as I had several questions along the way. Email was best for me and them. Phone calls were fine, too, sometimes had to wait for a call back, obviously.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am currently 20 weeks pregnant from my one and only IVF transfer with RMA. Our issue was male factor infertility. We were lucky to get pregnant on the first try. I'd like to think that my opinion of the clinic is truly based on my experience there and not just that getting pregnant was relatively easy for us! I was a patient at RMA Downtown, a small, intimate office which was very convenient to my home and work. I was able to go in for morning check ups and I could be the first patient seen if I got there right before 7:30. I chose this clinic primarily for insurance reasons and proximity to home and work. My husband and I both felt they were very on top of our care. They have their systems in place, we felt they worked like a well oiled machine. They were up front about our out of pockets costs, which so far have proven accurate (though still waiting for all bills to come through). The doctor and coordinator were easy to get in touch with, though I tended to communicate with the coordinator directly most of the time. There are periods of intense communication and frequent visits and they all went smoothly. RMA is a very big operation and I did have to go to the midtown office several times for any weekend check ups, retrieval and transfer. Things were fine there though it's much more busy and less comfy as a patient. Overall, our experience was overwhelmingly positive and drama free, perhaps because it was brief and free of complications. However, should we decide to do another embryo transfer, I would certainly go back to RMA again.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As mentioned, this office is small, I could be the first person seen if I got there by 7:15 (they open the doors at 7:30). Things ran quickly and smoothly. Never really got very crowded.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
I had to pay 25% of care with insurance covering 75% (about $1,500 out of pocket). We also opted for PGS, $2,000 to RMA and $2,000 to laboratory. Caveat: I believe some insurance charges are still pending so...hopefully this is still true in a few months!
Kimberley Thornton
NY - Downtown

When I miscarried my genetically-tested embryo, I felt I could have used a little more sympathy and care from Dr. Grunfeld. He said he was "sorry" and knew it was "disappointing" but at my follow up appointment (after the miscarriage and after the second failed cycle) was all about statistics and why I should keep going, with little thought to what I had been through...I think Dr. Grunfeld is a good "doctor" and by that, I mean a scientist. I think he "knows his stuff" and is generally a decent person. My chief complaint is that he was way too overly optimistic when I first started and, as a consequence, I was extremely shocked by what happened and where I am now.
There were on occasion very long waits but I don't blame the clinic [RMA] for that. I think they moved people in and out as efficiently as possible...The nursing staff is overall very responsive and very nice. I have no complaints about them...I'd say on balance, I felt more like a number. The cycle process itself is very "cattle-cally" with little time spent with the patient. This did not bother me so much because I understand they have to see a lot of patients, and it is very much a "numbers" game.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Grunfeld is a good "doctor" and by that, I mean a scientist. I think he "knows his stuff" and is generally a decent person. My chief complaint is that he was way too overly optimistic when I first started and, as a consequence, I was extremely shocked by what happened and where I am now. When I went to see him about IVF, he made it seem like a fait-accompli that I would have a baby. And it all went well -- until it didn't. I had one embryo from my first round that genetically tested normal and implanted. I miscarried it, and it turned out the fetus had Down's Syndrome. Dr. Grunfeld never communicated to me that PGS was not 100% (I am sure I signed something that said I know). I would have appreciated a little more caution from him and a little more sympathy. When I went in for my follow up appointment, he didn't remember that the fetus had Down's and was not prepared. This was upsetting. He also urged me to another round which I did. I got 10 eggs but no PGS-normal embryos. When I went to see him for my next follow-up appointment, he told me to keep going but I could not at that point as my insurance had run out. I then did an IUI where I really felt like an afterthought to him and the clinic. Overall, it was a disappointing experience though I don't really blame Dr. Grunfeld.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Be careful if he is overly optimistic. IVF is not a fail-safe. Dr. Grunfeld will make it seem like it is.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
I'd say on balance, I felt more like a number. The cycle process itself is very "cattle-cally" with little time spent with the patient. This did not bother me so much because I understand they have to see a lot of patients, and it is very much a "numbers" game. When I miscarried my genetically-tested embryo, I felt I could have used a little more sympathy and care from Dr. Grunfeld. He said he was "sorry" and knew it was "disappointing" but at my follow up appointment (after the miscarriage and after the second failed cycle) was all about statistics and why I should keep going, with little thought to what I had been through.
Describe the protocols Lawrence Grunfeld used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had the same protocol for both cycles. Gonal-F (c. 150), Menopur (between 2-3 vials), then the trigger. Dr. Grunfeld made no adjustments in between cycles which I understand. Both cycles produced a good amount of eggs -- it was just an egg quality issue given my age.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths are experience, organization, coordination. Weaknesses are that it can feel a bit impersonal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There were on occasion very long waits but I don't blame the clinic for that. I think they moved people in and out as efficiently as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered most of it though I had to $1,000 per cycle for shipping of the embryos, $750 per cycle for anastheisa, and $3,000 for genetic testing of up to 10 embryos.
NY - Eastside

I felt like a number because this Dr. [Copperman] only seemed to show compassion when it came to deciding to do my IVF with him. He was not willing to listen to my ideas of things to do differently this round since I had 2 failed IVFs prior to him. He seemed stubborn on his ways to repeat the same medications like my previous IVFs just at a lower dose...He never called to apologize about my miscarriage which I found hurtful.
This is a factory setting clinic [RMA]. There is often very long waits during monitoring. Do not expect to see your doctor during monitoring visits. The doctors were all pleasant overall but I prefer seeing my own doctor throughout this process which was impossible. You also need to be on top of you test results..etc because they forget to call you... During my miscarriage I was having intense labor like pain. The nurse said she would call in a stronger pain killer and failed to do so.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
When I met this dr he was very nice and looked into my eyes saying " I will get you pregnant." This doctor is pretty set in his ways and is not open to patient suggestions. Ive had several failed IVFS prior to seeing him so I knew what to expect. I have a tendency to make many eggs and embryos and they all arrest. He basically did the same IVF stim cycle as my previous dr and just lowered the medication dose a bit. He did not take my MTHFR seriously and said I do not need to take baby aspirin or lovenox. I ended up getting 2 poor quality but PGD tested normal embryos with him. They only made it to blast on day 6 and 7. He only let me transfer one and it stuck! I had to ask him to check my thyroid levels which he neglected to check and they were high! I had to start medication immediately since I was currently pregnant but it takes over a month for the medication to work. I ended up miscarrying. My progesterone levels were on the lower side and he didn't seem to care. He never called to apologize about my miscarriage which I found hurtful. I felt like I slid between the cracks because I look young and he probably figured it would be an easy cycle. I will never forget when I asked him why I miscarried a normal embryo and he answered " you are just unlucky".
To be your own advocate because he does not look at everything and important testing numbers get neglected.
I felt like a number because this Dr. only seemed to show compassion when it came to deciding to do my IVF with him. He was not willing to listen to my ideas of things to do differently this round since I had 2 failed IVFs prior to him. He seemed stubborn on his ways to repeat the same medications like my previous IVFs just at a lower dose. I did get pregnant but my baby stopped growing at 5 1/2 weeks. He had to induce a miscarriage using cytomel and it was pretty traumatizing. When I asked why did this PGD normal embryo stop growing he answered " you are just unlucky". I will NEVER forget that.
We used Gonal F 150 mg, menopur, ganirelix and a HCG/Lupron dual trigger to avoid hyperstimulation. I ended up with 22 eggs, 13 mature, 2 made it to blast but only on day 6 and 7. They were biopsied and PGD tested and then were frozen. I did a FET that following month which resulted in an unexplained miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Some nurses were really nice. Jordan was the most compassionate nurse when delivering news on the phone. Leyla was the complete opposite and made me cry even more because of how she delivered sensitive information. She was very cold and uncaring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a factory setting clinic. There is often very long waits during monitoring. Do not expect to see your doctor during monitoring visits. The doctors were all pleasant overall but I prefer seeing my own doctor throughout this process which was impossible. You also need to be on top of you test results..etc because they forget to call you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA had a few locations throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan where you can do monitoring. The Manhattan offices were like a cattle call. I once was in the waiting room for almost 2 hours! the Brooklyn office is a little less of a wait because its a smaller office.
My IVF was not covered by insurance so the medications, egg retrieval, PGD testing, and FET was around $25,000.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My dr. strongly suggested transferring only 1 embryo because it was PGD tested normal. I had 2 embryos that were poor quality but both PGD normal and he refused to transfer both. I ended up miscarrying one. I have not transferred the other yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They forgot to call me with important results. During my miscarriage I was having intense labor like pain. The nurse said she would call in a stronger pain killer and failed to do so. She also did not check in on me when she said she would. Certain blood tests like TSH were neglected to be checked and certain levels like progesterone werent taken seriously when they were low.

2012 - 2016, Unknown Success
[WIth Dr. Jeffrey Klein] We did an ivf with PGD after my last two FETs resulted in miscarriages. I was told that I started to ovulate early and they only got 9 eggs, 2 worth while. They transferred an AA grade embryo and it failed they think due to ashermans. I was angry that he didn’t have me repeat an HSG beforehand so I had one afterword and they saw the scar tissue. I asked him to do an IUI because I had extra injectables and he reluctantly did it with my next hysteroscopy scheduled and it actually worked resulting in my second son.
[RMA is] Very big and I didn’t like going into the city on the weekends. I would have also liked 6:30am blood draws because as a teacher we have to be at work extra early. The city team was differently organized and they had a more business like mindset.... Audrey the blood tech was amazing and so sweet. Loved her! Martha was efficient and to the point.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
I had a mixed experience. I was a patient of Stangel (whom i did 4 IUI’s and 1 IVF resulting in 1 love birth and 1 vanishing twin) whom retired, so I was given to Klein as a result. I liked him but i felt different than I felt with Stangel. He was great with email and when I asked him to do my IUI with injections he didn’t want to but after convincing him that I knew the risks, he did it and that gave me my second son 😊
Know your body and what you need.
Human but I did feel that at times he forgot my name, case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First come first serve and because I had to be at work early I would arrive 45 minutes early to secure my #1 spot on line.
It was over $15K for ivf with PGD
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No. I wish I had transferred them both.
Westchester

at 42 I was at my last attempt to try to get pregnant and needed a doctor who could give me an honest, realistic assessment of our chances. Dr Copperman immediately took the time to get to know us, who we were, and what we had been going through...I did a fairly aggressive protocol in terms of the dose of medication, I had one retrieval and I did PGS on the embryos. I then did a frozen transfer of the PGS day 5 tested embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby girl
They [the costs at RMA of New York] were very competitive and I felt like I was paying the right amount, I wasn't being over charged and I knew what to expect up front...Everything from the front desk, to the lab, nurses and doctors were amazing. I always felt like they knew who I was, was met with a smile and encouraging words and support...Jordyn was an amazing nurse!! She was always available to answer any question, was through, warm, friendly and compassionate. I loved working with her and still keep in touch with her! A+mazing.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr Copperman is amazing. Truly the best. I feel like I can give a very fair accurate assessment of him because I can compare him to 3 other doctors I did IVF treatments with as well as many others I did consultations with. Dr Copperman took the time to really get to know us and understand everything we had been trying before him to get pregnant. He thoroughly explained his approach and showed us the science and data behind our chances based on our stats which I found very helpful. He was so incredibly warm, supportive but also informed and incredibly knowledgeable. He was with us every step of the way, always available to me by phone or e-mail and ensured that we knew what was coming, he was there for all of my procedures, retrieval and transfer. I truly felt like he partners with us and wanted this for us just as much as we did. I continue to stay in touch with Dr. Copperman, my beautiful daughter has met him and I knew his joy to meet one of his babies and hold her in his arms!
Go see him today! Don't wait. I truly believe he is the best IVF doctor and has the best lab, clinic and team.
From the moment we walked into RMA we were treated SO well. We had been through 3 different doctors and other clinics and at 42 I was at my last attempt to try to get pregnant and needed a doctor who could give me an honest, realistic assessment of our chances. Dr Copperman immediately took the time to get to know us, who we were, and what we had been going through. He educated us, gave us an honest assessment of our chances and made us feel like real partners with him on our pregnancy journey.
I don't recall the details but I did a fairly aggressive protocol in terms of the dose of medication, I had one retrieval and I did PGS on the embryos. I then did a frozen transfer of the PGS day 5 tested embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby girl
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA as a whole was incredible. Everything from the front desk, to the lab, nurses and doctors were amazing. I always felt like they knew who I was, was met with a smile and encouraging words and support.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring appointments were very smooth and quick. They have monitoring hours but its w ell oiled machine and the wait wasn't very long. Much better than other places in the city.
They were very competitive and I felt like I was paying the right amount, I wasn't being over charged and I knew what to expect up front.
My doctor said I really needed to do PGS to test my embryos primarily due to my age and it being the best safest way to proceed. I only had one healthy embryo so that's all we transferred and discussed given the circumstance.
2016, 1 Egg Frozen
Dr Talebian was very caring and took extra time to talk to me and answer calls. She was not always there and not always the doctor on call to help me. It was hard to tell in my case because the results of the very expensive procedure were not what I wanted or had hoped for, so it was overall disappointing. She handled that well I think, though I never felt I had as much time as I wanted with her...
[RMA - Downtown is]...A bit like a factory. Very nice and smart, but often felt business-like and I often wondered if I was getting the BEST protocol and price for me, or if I was just one amongst dozens of women... overall it was professional and organized. They helped a lot with finances and structure...The nurses were all great and patient...it was just that they were ALWAYS different. Very caring, but inconsistent. They just all seemed very busy...
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Push hard. They will whisk you through if you don't demand answers and work really hard to understand and push for the best treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
The folks at RMA were always kind, patient and considerate. They were also busy, efficient and tactical. I often felt rushed and like I couldn't ask all of my questions. The doctors always treated me like a human, but I always also felt that I wasn't getting complete information.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I started with the pill for 3 weeks, which was based on my low AMH numbers. Then I did a standard protocol for a long cycle (meds were very costly). I had 3 eggs we hoped to retrieve and we only got one.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Easy and pretty efficient...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York.
$14k. They did give me a small discount to get started and they advised about med costs.
Sheeva Talebian
NY - Downtown
Dr. McAvey was very down to earth, explained things well and even responded to emails, which was really reassuring. She's smart, talented and well-connected. She referred me to a great doctor for my fibroid surgery...once when I did have a question, as she was running out of the office, she told me she'd call me on her cell from her car. She was really straightforward, smart and kind. There were a few times when I wish she had been more familiar with my file but I recognize that all of these doctors see sooooo many patients, I feel like it's actually our patient responsibility to do a lot of reminding with each and every appointment.
It's really hard to rate the nursing staff because it was so large. Some people were great. Some people were mediocre. Once I went and waited over an hour for a scheduled insemination because they had forgotten me--and I didn't speak up, I just waited patiently. Other times, I was seen right away. Some nurses were great at blood draws. Some weren't. I have a feeling things are a little better (ie. less busy) at the west side clinic...RMA has pretty much gotten IUI cycles down to a science: bloodwork, meds, ultrasounds, insemination, two-week call. Because I was at the beginning of my journey, this process was about making sure my uterus was in good shape (it was not so we had to work on that) and then getting me in and out for IUI cycles with the appropriate drugs. Pretty basic.
How was your experience with Beth McAvey at RMA of New York?
If anything, I should've made more attempts to communicate with her as she would've made herself available. For example, I had a side effect to one of the meds I was on but because I read about it as expected in the paperwork, I didn't say anything. But when I brought it up at my next appointment, Dr. McAvey said I should've told them. I didn't know that I could/should. That was frustrating but, again, I know if I had reached out I would've gotten a response. For example, once when I did have a question, as she was running out of the office, she told me she'd call me on her cell from her car. She was really straightforward, smart and kind. There were a few times when I wish she had been more familiar with my file but I recognize that all of these doctors see sooooo many patients, I feel like it's actually our patient responsibility to do a lot of reminding with each and every appointment. I asked the director of a prominent cryopreservation lab about her and she had nothing but good things to say about her as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Show up early for your IUI visits because that waiting room fills up fast and there's usually a wait. Keep in constant communication with the doctors and nurses. If you care, ask for a female technician. They're there but there are so few of them I feel like advocacy might help.
My insurance was awful. They said they'd cover testing but ended up not doing so. As a result, I had to pay out of pocket for virtually everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was pretty steamed when I had been told to come in for an insemination, checked in and waited around for an hour because they had forgotten about me. This kind of thing is time sensitive so I was really upset but trying not to be because obviously stress isn't good. If I had advocated for myself more (ie. checking in with them every 15 or 20 minutes) things probably would've been different. But I was trying to be patient and calm and the room.
Beth McAvey
NY - Westside
Dr. Knopman seemed to understand what I was going through and she had a game plan to help my husband and I achieve our goal of becoming parents. She was always 100% involved in my case and made sure I saw her when I came in for monitoring.... When I had spotting early in my pregnancy, she had me come in right away to alleviate my fear that something was wrong.... She is also very down to earth and will chat with you about other things going on in your life so you don’t feel so stuck in your infertility bubble
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA! They were always friendly, professional, and helpful with questions. I appreciated all the support they provided during my time there....This clinic is similar to others in that it’s a bit of a machine. Many people there first thing in the morning, waiting for your name to be called, mostly friendly staff at the front desk/billing. I did not appreciate that the billing department screwed up a few of my bills and directed me to the wrong insurance causing me to have to pay for IVF
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman was confident that she could help me and that confidence transferred to me. When we sat down to make a game plan I felt like a weight had been slightly lifted. She had a plan and we were going to make that baby! She made sure to see me whenever she was in the office and she performed all of my procedures (egg retrieval and embroyo transfer). When I had spotting early in my pregnancy, she had me come in right away to alleviate my fear that something was wrong. She is also very down to earth and will chat with you about other things going on in your life so you don’t feel so stuck in your infertility bubble when you’re at the office practically every day. I will be returning to Dr. Knopman whenever I am ready for baby #2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Trust her, you’re in good hands. Although, with any doctor, make sure you ask questions if you don’t understand something and advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman seemed to understand what I was going through and she had a game plan to help my husband and I achieve our goal of becoming parents. She was always 100% involved in my case and made sure I saw her when I came in for monitoring. She celebrated me when I had success and helped me find confidence when some months didn’t work.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is similar to others in that it’s a bit of a machine. Many people there first thing in the morning, waiting for your name to be called, mostly friendly staff at the front desk/billing. I did not appreciate that the billing department screwed up a few of my bills and directed me to the wrong insurance causing me to have to pay for IVF. Make sure to speak with more than 1 person and take down their name. Thankfully this clinic is mostly well-organzied. They didn’t lose my information or bother me about paperwork that I had already turned in like another clinic that I went to.
Describe Jaime Knopman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Knopman encouraged me to transfer 1 embryo because I am young and had good embryos. She felt that putting 1 embryo in for 2 cycles was just as effective as putting 2 embryos in for 1 cycle.
Jaime Knopman
NY - Eastside

When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he [Dr Copperman of RMA New York] came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Dr. Copperman [of RMA New York] will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman will tell you like it is and is up front and honest. I really appreciate that. When we had unexpected bumps on the road, he changed protocol and kept me motivated. Every time I saw him, he said, don't worry, we're getting there and we're going to make this happen. His motivation, persistence and aggressive protocol were essential for my success.
Trust him - you're in excellent hands.
Dr. Copperman is very professional and gets to the point - which I appreciate. When we learned that I had premature ovary aging, he came up with a plan of attack and is the reason why I have two chromosomally normal frozen embryos. He modified the protocol and kept me going even though I did not have egg retrieval until day 15 - he would not give up and kept me motivated the whole way. He is, of course, a wealth of knowledge but also a great supporter, and I felt that he was truly invested in making my cycles successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla Bilali)
Leyla was wonderful throughout the process. She was full of information and so thoughtful and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is busy in the mornings, so I like to get there extra early so that I can get in and out for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There could be a wait if you get there at peak times, so I was always one of the first ones in the door. I had no wait when I got there very early.
$19,000 per cycle
NY - Eastside

He [Dr Matthew Lederman] is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way...[Nurse] Martha is very kind. Sometimes it seems the staff is overwhelmed with too many people, but she is helpful.
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha [at RMA White Plains]. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%...The clinic is very large and when you have to go to NYC location it is incredibly overwhelming, plus parking is awful....There have been times where the billing staff has been awful and made major mistakes that I have corrected. Sometimes I do feel like a number.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%.
He can be very clinical, so you may have to ask him to explain things in a more simple way. Just know that you can ask him anything at anytime and he will get back to you, even when he is on vacation.
He is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way.
I used the "standard" protocol for my first IVF and did not respond well, resulting in only 4 eggs and 2 making it for PGD testing. He now changed the protocol and I'm hoping to start again. He has also done a lot of testing to find out why I miscarried at PGD/PGS tested embryo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We have insurance, thank god! So it has costs us about 7K with medication.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Knopman is incredibly direct, but also caring and nurturing. She understood my background fully and made sure that we covered all our bases before moving to IVF. She explained everything thoroughly and made sure that I was fully aware of each stage, empowering me to be my own advocate for treatment as well as having her on my side...Dr Knopman is incredibly caring and easy to talk to. She is also very responsive so no matter how silly my question, she would answer it immediately with a bunch of information.
The nursing staff at RMA are amazing! They really care about the success of your cycle and always have a smile on their face. Lisa Nargi in particular is incredible!...Well oiled machine in the downtown office. I was usually in and out within 20-30 minutes. But Midtown is another story. Much longer wait times....RMA downtown is fresh and clean and fast! RMA midtown is a little different and the waiting times are quite long, especially on weekends. The facilities for egg retrieval and transfers are great.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr Knopman will answer them and will partner with you to find the best course of treatment.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Standard protocol IVF for both rounds of IVF, but adjusted medication for both cycles as my ovaries were slow to respond. Ended up having quite high doses of medication but helped increase the number of eggs and embryos that resulted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Nargi)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Always advocated for eSET over multiple which I fully agreed with.
Jaime Knopman
NY - Downtown

Dr. Grunfeld is very patient and easy going, he very knowledgeable is good about answering any questions you have; however, I felt like I had to be in charge... I also felt he was very pushy towards doing an IVF. I feel like the saline ultrasound should have been done before my 3 unsuccessful IUI s...r. Grunfeld saw the ultrasound he was convinced my uterus was fine and that it wasn't anything to worry about. I had to push him to do the hysteroscopy , he did in fact find and remove polyps.
Very organized [at RMA - New York] , sometimes wait times during weekend monitoring hours are long. You need to be on top of them with your paperwork and blood work, they don't always call u back for results u need to call back...Nurse always answered phone calls took few days to get an answer via email. Nurse was patient and caring... I paid approximately $1400 for hysteroscopy...I was covered by insurance for IUI and Clomid. I paid $75 for Ovadril.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Dr. Grunfeld is very patient and easy going, he very knowledgeable is good about answering any questions you have; however, I felt like I had to be in charge. For example I kept on telling him I was staining between cycles he said it's normal, may just be mid-cycle bleeding. It wasn't until I went to the Brooklyn office to do monitoring where I spoke to Dr. Kudesia and she suggested a saline ultrasound sound, she did it and found polyps. She told me I should have a hysteroscopy to remove them. Even after Dr. Grunfeld saw the ultrasound he was convinced my uterus was fine and that it wasn't anything to worry about. I had to push him to do the hysteroscopy , he did in fact find and remove polyps. I also felt he was very pushy towards doing an IVF. I feel like the saline ultrasound should have been done before my 3 unsuccessful IUI s.
do your research and fight for what you want and believe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember the name)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very organized , sometimes wait times during weekend monitoring hours are long. You need to be on top of them with your paperwork and blood work, they don't always call u back for results u need to call back
I was covered by insurance for IUI and Clomid. I paid $75 for Ovadril. I paid approximately $1400 for hysteroscopy which went towards my $2000 deductable .

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I found DR Stein to be very available, he explained things well. he managed my expectations but not in a damaging way. he was very kind and warm. he spent the time with me needed during crisis situations...the doctor was always available either by phone, or email...I did 2 types of cycles. first without BCP and then with. based on first 2 cycle results, went on to do only cycles without bcp. the strategies ere aimed at increasing number of aggs without sacrificing quality.
There are several nurses who work with this team [at RMA]. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always...billing dept is terrible. the front staff are kind. nobody enforces the rule of "no kids" in the office yet, it is written in a few places.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
to make sure you fully understand the expectations of the cycle proposed
the doctor was always available either by phone, or email. the nursing staff was knowledgeable and superb in returning both emails and phone calls
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
there are several nurses who work with this team. I did have one primary nurse. I have found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. calls were always answered same day within a few hours. emails were answered even quicker then that. sometimes she had to ask the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner always.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
some days it was terrible other days it was nice and quick. if you get there early around 7, it is always quick--under 30 minutes
around 15,000$ per cycle
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
single set was highly recommended and reinforced.
NY - Westside

Dr. Sandler is an expert in the field. He is honest and compassionate and kept me informed every step of the way....Dr. Sandler navigates the stress while providing realistic expectations. I did two rounds of IVF and was not successful....I took several months off to regroup and went the egg donor route. He explained the entire process, the statistics and the risks. Dr. Sandler was compassionate and patient with me. He was honest yet comforting.
Strength is that they [RMA - East Side] get results. Weakness is that it is a very busy practice and it is frustrating during the monitoring process. Also when you call, if is quite difficult to speak to the doctor. You always get a nurse first... Dará Berg is the specialist for donor egg recipients. She was incredibly responsive, compassionate and well-versed in the process....I paid for egg freezing ($10,000), IVF ($10,000 each time). Insurance covered $10,000 of embryo transfer with donor egg (which total cost was $23,000)
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler is an expert in the field. He is honest and compassionate and kept me informed every step of the way. It is a very stressful experience as a patient with difficulties trying to conceive. Dr. Sandler navigates the stress while providing realistic expectations.
Dr. Sandler is amazing. Be patient with the size of the practice. He is worth the wait.
Several years ago i froze my eggs. When I was ready to conceive I did two rounds of IVF and was not successful. I then thawed my eggs and that procedure was also unsuccessful. I took several months off to regroup and went the egg donor route. He explained the entire process, the statistics and the risks. I now have a beautiful healthy daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dará berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength is that they get results. Weakness is that it is a very busy practice and it is frustrating during the monitoring process. Also when you call, if is quite difficult to speak to the doctor. You always get a nurse first.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The window was convenient but it was terribly busy. Often times I waited an hour or more.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
dr. Sandler was pretty insistent on implanting a single embryo.