Natan Bar-Chama

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2016 - 2020, Successful
[Dr.Eric Flisser] looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation...the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos.
after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth...The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched...Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I am so thankful for having switched clinics to see Dr. Flisser. I wasted my time and money on 2 IVF cycles at a previous (also well-known) clinic. From the first day I stepped into Dr. Flisser's office, I felt comfortable. He was the only doctor to take my history of secondary amenorrhea (from an athletic history) into consideration for my diagnosis of secondary infertility. From there, he changed my egg retrieval protocol from what had been a very textbook protocol (at the previous clinic) to a very personalized protocol. This resulted in us retrieving and creating multiple top-quality embryos. Dr. Flisser is a genius. He looks at the whole picture and history- not just the current situation. He always had answers that made sense and was always available to speak over the phone or email. I couldn't be more thankful for Dr. Flisser. He is the reason that my husband and I have our children!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Don't walk, RUN! Eric Flisser is a superhero of the infertility world.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I've had experience at multiple fertility clinics. Most often, these clinics can be compared to factories. But the truth is, after multiple failures at a previous clinic, I wanted a well-oiled machine and that's exactly what RMA is. The process of daily monitoring is efficient and smooth. Some might view this like a factory but I view it like an efficient machine that wastes no time. Dr. Flisser does not treat you like a number. He is relatable, kind, and most importantly VERY knowledgeable.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval using a Menopur-only protocol with lupron trigger. Dr. Flisser explained that my history of secondary amenorrhea may have resulted in "faulty" LH/FSH hormones and thus a Menopur cycle was a good option. We also did a freeze-all cycle for PGS-testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
Very communicative and available via email and phone when needed. No complaints!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is factory and this is a GOOD thing! It is a well-oiled machine! The level of professionalism and efficiency is unmatched. If you're looking for efficiency and answers then RMA is the place. You will not waste your time here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Very efficient. No complaints.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
$30,000 IVF cycle
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Given my young age and the quality of our embryos, Dr. Flisser was confident in transferring just 1 embryo. We trusted his expertise with this decision and are thankful for listening to him.
Eric Flisser
NY - Eastside

I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was always very responsive and thoughtful...I had success with our first transfer which I hadn’t expected. I was 41 when I gave birth. He definitely helped us get to where we wanted to be very quickly. I had a bad experience with the clinic and he was very responsive and made me feel heard and supported...I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
I had serious concerns about [some staff] at the clinic [RMA of New York] treated me...Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he [Dr. Stein] is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends...My final visit was around 9 weeks. The Dr and one nurse said I could be in touch through the end of the first trimester. But when I had a threatened miscarriage at 11 weeks they were unresponsive and unhelpful. They claimed later this is just how fertility clinics operate due to the high cost of malpractice insurance. I have since found out people about who were helped by their clinics after 9 weeks.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Know that the clinic itself has pitfalls particularly the east side office. But they are very effective. Overall worth it because he is a kind and effective doctor but have eyes open that the east side office is unpleasant at best and you have to go there for retrievals and transfers and on weekends.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I had serious concerns about how other people at the clinic treated me. He was always very responsive and thoughtful
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I don’t remember dosages. I had a pretty high AMH for my age (2.56 at 41) but he still used pretty high doses of meds I think. I stimmed for 11 days and got 46 eggs which shocked me. 35 fertilized and 31 made it to day one; 10 embryos made it to day 5 and of those half tested PGS normal.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
“They get the job done” someone told me and they were right. Weakness of the clinic is that the east side office is unhelpful and unresponsive. I had a very bad experience when I went there at 11 weeks after waking up to a gush of blood. I had called the on call doctor who never called me back. Because it was a Saturday I went to the east side-the only open location. They had me wait for a while then said nobody could see or speak with me because I was too far along (had been told conflicting info earlier in my treatment). At this point I’d been going to RMA for over a year and this was shocking and very upsetting. I insisted on speaking with someone and the clinician who told me “legally we can’t see you” wouldn’t tell me her name and was very antagonistic. So I went to an ER and found out I had a threatened miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I preferred the soho office. Hours were later, it was smaller, and the atmosphere was more friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
We paid less than 10k out of pocket including copays
NY - Westside

I loved my doctor but RMA at times did feel like a factory and like I was a number. Some of the doctors were better than others. I wish I had been able to only see Dr. Sekhon but downtown office was not as convenient for me so I usually saw a different MD each visit at Eastside which made it feel less personal. Very clean during COVID and good screening process.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Speaking of just Dr. Sekhon and not RMA, I couldn't be happier with the care she provided, specifically during the IVF process. From even before starting IVF, she demystified the process for me and shared many stories that made me feel more comfortable with the process. She was patient with me, going through the timeline of events and what to expect in detail along the way. Every time we spoke she eased my anxiety. I did not see her every visit but I would travel further from UES to downtown often because I always felt better seeing her than other providers. She was warm, yet straight to the point. Great bedside manner. I trusted the care she was giving me. I also appreciate how available she was over email when I had burning questions that I didn't want to wait until the next appointment- this is huge when going through something so emotional/time consuming. While I wish I did not have to do IVF of course, I feel lucky to have found Dr. Sekhon, and I could not recommend her more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She is an incredibly busy clinician with lots of patients. If you need her REACH OUT and she will be there for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was kind, empathetic and very personal. She NEVER made me feel stupid for asking questions and always took time to explain the process in ways that made me and my husband understand. She was always available over email, including weekends and time off. We had shared decision making and made me feel very comfortable and supported. I trusted what she said because she never steered me wrong. I appreciated her candid but warm nature and her confidence provided me with comfort during this process. She also always asked me how work was and how my family was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie the nurse was very helpful and knew my info well, but I did not always talk to her. The other nurses did not know my course as well and sometimes gave me misinformation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Once did not get a call with results and had to call myself. A few times never got an email for an appointment for monitoring (during covid).
NY - Downtown

I had expressed concerns [to Dr. Thornton] from the onset about vulnerability to hormonal variations and when it became so drastic post-transfer that I was suffering from a first-time onset of clinical depression, I was completely dismissed by all involved. When I was finally issued a different protocol (different drug administration technique) Dr. Thornton did not even check in *once* to see if there was improvement, or how I was doing, or just to treat me like a human patient rather than a vessel for a successful live birth. Nurses are the same, and you will rarely see or interact with the same person twice.
Honestly I haven't heard from the billing department [at RMA of New York] once since starting this process. I've tracked my own expenses - thank god? - but no one has updated me or followed up with me. At this point I'm honestly wondering whether I even have a chart over there. I'm estimating the entire process (egg retrieval, testing, FET) cost about 40k...I expect the clinic's strength is in the sheer volume of patients and cases they have treated. This is a double edged sword, however, in that you become just one of those numbers - and statistics - that contributes to their overall rates. Honestly I felt like I was seen as an easy opportunity to achieve an 'under 35 live birth on the first implant' in order to boost their numbers, and I was given 0 personal attention or care.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr Thornton is likely very intelligent and possibly talented at her job related to the actual fertility elements. Her bedside manner and patient care is utterly lacking. Perhaps I'm an outlier, but if an outlier can be these drastic, I truly wonder where the mean would lie.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
You must be a superior project manager and be able to manage your fertility journey with confidence, precision, and the ability to stand up for yourself. No one will take care of you, no one will check up on you, and no one will offer you ways to ameliorate any difficulties the process may cause for you. You should not be afraid to call, email, and keep calling to get the results, updates, and information you need to proceed confidently. This is your body, your choice, and your money that is feeding the factory.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
RMA is a factory. I will not be the first nor the last to say this. I think people are desperate for results and will take any kind of mistreatment along the way to get there. I had expressed concerns from the onset about vulnerability to hormonal variations and when it became so drastic post-transfer that I was suffering from a first-time onset of clinical depression, I was completely dismissed by all involved. When I was finally issued a different protocol (different drug administration technique) Dr. Thornton did not even check in *once* to see if there was improvement, or how I was doing, or just to treat me like a human patient rather than a vessel for a successful live birth. Nurses are the same, and you will rarely see or interact with the same person twice.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I started on progesterone shots post 5-day FET (pgt-a and pgt-m). I was miserable. I'd communicated my vulnerability to hormones early on, and it became so drastic I had to demand some sort of change in the treatment or I would not be able to be a functional mother for my current daughter. The nurse told me they couldn't 'make me' take the medication, as in I could either proceed with no change and suffer, or make my own call to completely stop treatment at 6 weeks post-transfer. Something somehow finally got through to Dr Thornton and I was switched to thrice daily endometrin pills + twice daily vaginal suppositories. This produced some nausea but SIGNIFICANTLY improved mood. It took too much and too long to get me to that change. And i had to demand it for myself.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Nursing staff repeatedly had to be followed up with in order to get the full information i needed. On multiple occasions I was chasing people down nearly the end of the day to acquire extremely time sensitive prescriptions - including trigger shot over a holiday weekend! They are impossible to reach - no direct lines or emails. And one nurse when i told her i was suffering on my treatment told me i didn't 'have' to continue the medication, rather than work with me to consult the dr for a mitigated treatment plan.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I expect the clinic's strength is in the sheer volume of patients and cases they have treated. This is a double edged sword, however, in that you become just one of those numbers - and statistics - that contributes to their overall rates. Honestly I felt like I was seen as an easy opportunity to achieve an 'under 35 live birth on the first implant' in order to boost their numbers, and I was given 0 personal attention or care. When I awoke from being put under to have my eggs retrieved, a person I'd never seen before merely said to me 'what does your phone case look like'. That was honestly the first thing someone said to me when I came to. That is the kind of treatment you can expect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
Honestly I haven't heard from the billing department once since starting this process. I've tracked my own expenses - thank god? - but no one has updated me or followed up with me. At this point I'm honestly wondering whether I even have a chart over there. I'm estimating the entire process (egg retrieval, testing, FET) cost about 40k.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I'm not sure but we only transferred one with no discussion of multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
-my follicles got jacked really quickly and i was beyond bloated. We were approaching fourth of july weekend and i was project managing to the extreme to ensure that my trigger shot order was put in and able to be picked up before everything closed. Literally 15 min before the specialty pharmacy closed for an extended weekend i was sprinting in to grab the trigger shot, after spending days playing telephone tag to ensure timing was correct and it was ordered. This was INSANE. -Then my initial Dr went on maternity leave in the middle of my cycle, and informed me two days prior. We were in the middle of interpreting and awaiting updated results on embryos from PGT-A and PGT-M, after coming back inconclusive. This was a shock. -Finally, I was beyond struggling with my progesterone protocol post-FET and was desperate to be tapered off at the earliest possibility. I was legitimately clinically depressed and conveyed this to a nurse upon hearing that my protocol would not be changing at all even by method. She told me that they can't 'make me' take the medicine, and that my two choices were essentially continue to suffer for the sake of the pregnancy, or just take myself off entirely, because they were providing no alleviation strategy. It was the most grotesque display of utter disregard for patient wellbeing, and frankly this nurse should reconsider her profession. After sending a desperate and dire email to my dr (thank god i randomly had her email) some change in protocol was suggested - suppositories and pills rather than shots. She then literally never followed up with me to check in on me after the switch. No call, no email. Nothing to confirm the switch in protocol was for the better. That was the final nail in the coffin for showing me how little RMA cared for me as a patient. -When I was able to come off the drugs entirely, I received a curt email: "Your levels are adequate and you can stop your endometrin today." This, after 40k and 8 months. Can you imagine? -I'm still waiting to hear from the nurse managers to discuss my experience. Nothing. No followup despite my explicit request to be contacted. And so here I am.

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications
Taraneh Nazem
NY - Eastside

We like that Dr. Sekhon took the time to get to know us, our goals, problems, frustrations, etc. She took the time to explain everything to us and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. I think she genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to speak with us on multiple occasions during off hours...We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
Our primary nurse [at RMA of New York] was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great...Monitoring hours was our least favorite part of the experience with RMA. You could end up waiting up to 30 minutes and you are not sure what doctor you are going to see. They have so many patients that sometimes you feel like the doctor is a bit rushed. They also only have so much time to review your chart prior to coming into the room. The nursing staff and team that drew blood were incredible. Dr. Sekhon always let us know when she was going to be available for monitoring hours so we could see her. We always preferred that.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely empathetic and patient. She took extra time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable every step of the way. We also appreciated how honest she was. She was always very quick to respond with any questions we had. We spoke and emailed with her after hours and on weekends. She quickly determined that the first method of treatment was not going to work for us and recommended IVF. Obviously this was a big decision but she made us feel very confident that this was the right decision and it worked out perfectly. She was consistently in touch with us, performed the egg retrieval and implanted the embryo. Overall, she was the perfect doctor for us on our journey towards having a healthy baby.
I would advise not to hold back any questions you have. Even if you think its a silly or unnecessary question, you should still ask. Dr. Sekhon is happy to take the time to make sure you understand everything and are comfortable.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. We did 2 cycles of timed intercourse. Dr. Sekhon quickly determined that I had a hormone and that timed intercourse / IUI would not work. She recommended IVF. We did 9 days of hormone injections prior to the egg retrieval which resulted in 39 eggs. We ultimately got 15 healthy and genetically tested embryos. We successfully got pregnant on the 1st embryo transfer.
Our primary nurse was Connie. She was excellent and also very responsive. She even came to our apartment to administer an injection because my husband was out of town. All the other nurses we dealt with were also great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The thing that stood out to us is how large of a clinic this was. The positive part about this is that they obviously have great experience. Dr. Sekhon mentioned to us that whenever they are reviewing test results, discussing medication plans, etc. - multiple doctors are looking at it and coming to a decision as a team. The negative part about the size of the clinic is something you feel like the specifics of your fertility issue might get a little lost in the shuffle. For example, we had certain coordinators or nurses call us that didn't really know much about our situation, which could be frustrating at times. We'd just recommend that any new patient be an advocate for themselves. If you don't feel comfortable any point just get in touch with your specific doctor or nurse as needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
All in we spent approximately $15,000-$17,000 including everything.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns...He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt....
the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics). Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I am beyond thankful for Dr. Stein and RMA of NY. I am currently pregnant through my very first round of IUI with a healthy baby. Dr. Stein is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility. He is confident and experienced, but also kind and compassionate. He thoroughly explained all options and covered all my concerns. He got me pregnant quickly, and I truly wish it happens for all other patients. The first time I visited him, he looked at some of my test results from a few months ago in Canada. The RE there told me my numbers are low and made me feel hopeless. Dr Stein said my numbers are good for my age and I may not need any invasive infertility treatments. Then he did an ultrasound on the initial consultation and told me I am ovulating within the next 24 hours. Then he told me "do the work tonight and you may not need to come back here again". Well, I did go back, but his positive and calm attitude is what really sold me. He is absolutely not pushy towards IVF, unlike some other clinics. I had 3 other initial consultations at top NYC fertility clinics, and I picked Dr Stein without a doubt. He is also really careful about the health of mother and baby, and didn't want to risk doing any treatments before our genetic screening results were ready.
If you are trying to get pregnant, see him. He is one of the best REs. I would advise to ask any questions you have. He is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Stein personalized my treatment every step of the way. He kept me informed and was always very thorough and specific.
He suggested IUI as the first treatment and I got pregnant on the very first cycle. I was closely monitored and I think the timing of insemination was perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I loved Elisa (Dr Stein's nurse) and also Jasmine at Madison location who sometimes got my blood and prepared me on day of IUI. Clinic's availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures and you have to fill forms each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Also, the staff at RMA are prompt and professional. Their pricing is really fair and one of the best in New York (despite them being one of the most popular and busiest clinics). And we never had any issues with billing. The financial team tried their best to cover everything they could through my insurance (which was not the case at some other clinics).  Nurses always called me back promptly if I had any questions and were flexible with scheduling. Covid protocol was great and wait times were always short.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I never had to do IVF so I am not sure.
NY - Westside
[Protocol with Dr. Klein] 2 IVF cycles - both antagonist - first without birth control and the second with. We needed a second cycle after all our embryos arrested on day 3 in the first cycle. The second cycle was different to help the eggs mature at the same rate to retrieve more mature eggs. Both cycles produces 18 eggs each...Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested...he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator [at RMA of New York] who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate...The office was rarely busy for morning monitoring, and my wait was typically shorter than 15 minutes. Typically, once I got called in for blood draw, the ultrasound nurse was waiting for me...The main office is in midtown Manhattan is the only clinic open during weekends and holidays, which was inconvenient for me on the rare occasion when I needed morning monitoring during the weekend. Otherwise, the staff is pleasant and friendly, phone calls and emails are always returned, and the office is clean.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If I could take Dr. Klein with me everywhere I go, I would. He is equally kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He explains things clearly and takes the time to answer any questions I had, sets clear expectations and fully appraises you of the risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
If you have questions, ask them. If you have concerns, raise them. He will take the time to answer them as best as possible and make you as comfortable as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein treated me kindly and respectfully. When all our embryos arrested on the day 3 in my first IVF cycle, he called me and walked me through the loss and the started working on the ways forward. At every morning monitoring appointment, and beyond, he had great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
After initial communication problems with my first IVF coordinator who left early in my treatment, the nursing staff and subsequent IVF coordinators were simply fantastic. From making blood draws pleasant to getting blood work and treatment results, the nurses and coordinators are helpful, kind, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein discussed costs with us during our initail consultation. However, most costs associated with my IVF treatment were covered by insurance. I did pay for the remainder of my deductible, which was very little at this point, and for genetic testing of my self, my husband, and the embryos out of pocket, totaling approximately $4000. The cost of the anesthesiologist was not covered by insurance as she was out of network, and that cost $750 for each egg retrieval.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Klein is particular to elective single embryo transfers for the safety of the mother and the fetus.
Westchester
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way...So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
They [RMA of New York] mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact...They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all. He also was very positive about the success of their procedures. He left us feeling very hopeful:) I loved that he really wanted us to understand what was going on every step of the way!
Come prepared to ask any questions you have so that he can help you to get a full picture of your options and what's the best route for you:)
He was very caring and clear as he explained every single detail of what he believes is going on in my body and how we will proceed to combat it. He also made it clear that we could choose whatever route felt right for us but also explained what he would do based on our genetic testing.
We are still waiting to get that information. We will know in the next few weeks! So far we know that we will be doing our fist IVF cycle as well as using Natera that is creating a PGT-M probe to extract the embryos with the Fragile-X pre-mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kiran Preet Kaur)
My care coordinator seemed to care a lot but she neglected to keep us updated on certain things and I found myself having to email her to get information more than I would have liked. She was very positive but because she wasn't as thorough as we wanted, I sometimes got discouraged about the whole thing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are speedy with bloodwork. They are very self contained so it was really a one stop shop for all of the different parts of the process. They have several locations and pretty flexible hours so it was easy to get in when we wanted. Their phone system wasn't always the best because you always had to go through the front desk for any inquiries so you sometimes had to wait a day or two for the right person to call you back. Its best to email them directly and follow up a lot. They are however very thorough and do care so much. They want to make sure that you are fully prepared for everything you will embark on every step of the way.
My insurance did not cover ANYTHING. All in all ours will be about $20,000 altogether. Visits were $70 each. My insurance is United Healthcare Oxford (Liberty plan)
Not sure yet. We have not discussed this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They mixed up my husband and I's blood labels that got sent to our PGT-M probe so we had to do it again which was frustrating because it delayed the probe a bit longer. They also didn't tell us that it got mixed up until a few days after the fact. They also didn't tell us immediately what all of the exact steps were when preparing for what we thought would be our first approach. This never happened due to my genetic results coming back with a pre-mutation. I feel like I sometimes had to call and ask things that I thought they would have told me ahead of time.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation!... takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself...honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they [RMA of New York] run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to...[Dr. Sekhon] was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is patient with questions and takes the time to explain her rational and the research behind her recommendations. She reviewed every single test result and scan even if she did not complete them herself. She was honest when we faced set backs and was willing to fight for treatments and approaches that were not “cookie cutter” but which she felt would yield the best outcomes.
Advocate for yourself and don’t be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions in this process. Put together a list and email them or ask for a phone consult. You will get all of your answers.
Dr. Sekhon was always available for questions. She even called me back to discuss concerns while she was on vacation! Her approach was compassionate and available which was much appreciated.
Originally diagnosed with unexplained infertility with healthy AMH so we started with IUIs as a less invasive treatment. When we moved on to IVF, we started on low doses because we had responded well to Clomid. However, as it became obvious that I was a poor responder we adjusted medications each cycle (micro dose lupron, estrogen priming, lupron long cycle/fresh transfer) to maximize success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Connie is incredible. Always answered questions and made sure that I understood the results and next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA’s strengths is that there are multiple locations for you to choose the location most convenient for your monitoring, they run testing in-house which means there is no wait time for results. Morning monitoring can be crowded depending on the location you go to.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It generally was very efficient. The weekends required longer waits because only the Eastside location remained open. Your wait time really depends on the office you go to (Soho office was generally faster than Eastside)
Our total cost to ourselves was under $3k because our insurance paid for most of it.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No concerns
NY - Downtown

Dr Sekhon was extremely warm, and in tune with my expectations and concerns.She always answered all of my questions in person as well as through emails. ... Dr Sekhon was extremely professional and explained the IUI process thoroughly during our ZOOM video visit. After getting the baseline Ultrasound she was able to explain further on how to proceed with our treatments( Clomid, Ovidrel ) She was always very kind and patient as I had a million questions, and which were always answered by Dr Sekhon. My husband and I completely trusted my care with Dr Sekhon as she was very thorough and explained in detail of our chances being pregnant. She is kind, compassionate, knowledgable, professional, and patient, something that we value. I would recommend Dr Sekhon to my friends/family in a heart beat. Absolutely no complaints!
Loved the Madison office, SOHO office was OK. The staff at both offices [RMA of New York] were professional, kind and always helpful. I arrived usually at my appt time and was seen within 5-10 minutes. Both offices were extremely clean, and always had nice music playing ... It was a pleasure to work with Connie! She was extremely kind, and always responded to my emails. She would call me with my lab results, and always answered all of my questions
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Have a list of questions and be prepared to squeeze them during your visits
Only used Clomid, and Ovidrel for my treatment
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Loved the Madison office, SOHO office was OK. The staff at both offices were professional, kind and always helpful. I arrived usually at my appt time and was seen within 5-10 minutes. Both offices were extremely clean, and always had nice music playing
not sure! i believe my insurance covered it
none
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sekhon was very empathetic and has an excellent bedside manner. Throughout the course of my treatment I felt that she listened to my concerns and made appropriate adjustments to treatment plans. I wish that I had more time with her and could see her during all my appointments but it seems the practice is extremely busy. ... She is empathetic and relatable.
There are a huge number of patients [at RMA of New York]. I believe that the doctors and nurses are likely taxed from the numbers of patients and that care suffers as a result. ... The finance department broke down the billing with line items which was helpful but I wish I had gotten it earlier in the process in order to plan ahead. ... Some of the explanations of procedures seem a bit rote, which I imagine comes from the volume of patients they see.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She gives a lot of information, which is helpful, but can sometimes be overwhelming in the moment.
She is empathetic and relatable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There are a huge number of patients. I believe that the doctors and nurses are likely taxed from the numbers of patients and that care suffers as a result. Some of the explanations of procedures seem a bit rote, which I imagine comes from the volume of patients they see.
The IUIs were covered by my insurance but IVF was not. It was over $20,000 with medication. The finance department broke down the billing with line items which was helpful but I wish I had gotten it earlier in the process in order to plan ahead.
Dr. Sekhon preferred eSET
NY - Downtown

He [Dr. Klein] was very honest and clear. He is very accessible via email, always responding promptly. He takes the time to speak and explain things whenever he calls with information. He is always open to answering questions...We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic testing...Monitoring is tough because it goes so quickly due to the number of patients
The nurses [of RMA of NY] are great at answering questions or explaining how to do injections if you find yourself confused...We are a military family and received 25% off because none of our costs were covered by insurance. The cost for egg retrieval and first transfer was around $12,000. This doesn’t include medication costs...It’s nice they have so many clinics so if you unexpectedly need to be seen on the weekend, there is always a clinic you can go to
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was very honest and clear. He is very accessible via email, always responding promptly. He takes the time to speak and explain things whenever he calls with information. He is always open to answering questions.
Ask questions because he will take the time to answer your concerns.
He is extremely available to his patients always responding promptly to emails. Monitoring is tough because it goes so quickly due to the number of patients
We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic testing.
The nurses are great at answering questions or explaining how to do injections if you find yourself confused.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s nice they have so many clinics so if you unexpectedly need to be seen on the weekend, there is always a clinic you can go to. They also have great support staff who has access to your files if your doctor is unavailable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It worked pretty well, I usually didn’t wait over 15 mins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Early on in my cycle there was a switch of staff and I was getting conflicting information on when to begin medications.

2020, Unsuccessful
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number).... If following the herd and approaching medicine with standardized approaches doesn't bother you, then Dr. Thornton is a good fit because she explains things quickly and will get you started quickly. But if you'd like a more customized approach, or an approach that does not leave any health issues out, then you're better off somewhere else.
This place [RMA of New York] is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.... Disorganized (maybe due to Covid, but that seems to be everyone's line), things were missed, and getting the results is a total pain.... The lady who took my blood was great! She was caring. However, everyone else was hard to track down. Gave fuzzy information. And never called when they said they would.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
If you have an easy issue, I am sure Dr. Thornton will be a good match. For me, it didn't work out because I felt a lot of things were really haphazard. My PCOS was not detected by her team (which should be been able to be seen from bloodwork). It also really bothered me that there was no portal to receive results. You are at the mercy of her team of nurses and they all overburdened.
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number). Clomid (which was the standard that Dr. Thornton prescribed) should not be prescribed for people who have PCOS and PCOS was indicated in my blood results.
5 days of clomid (dose was double what it should have been) + 1 ovidrel shot + 1 IUI. Clomid should not be prescribed for PCOS. Triggers OHSS. Originally, my husband and I had come to her for sperm issues, but after taking a whole round of clomid, it was discovered that I have hypothyroidism. What was not detected was PCOS.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This place is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.
This is a hilarious question. I have yet to reach the finance team (4 attempts so far). I am expecting some ridiculous bill that will come out of no where.
NY - Downtown
Dr. Klein is very thorough and honest. He is extremely accessible and always answers emails promptly and is great at addressing our numerous concerns and questions...We did a frozen egg retrieval with ICSI and genetic screening. We transferred a single embryo during our first 2 transfers...There are a lot of patients at the practice.
The [RMA of New York] clinic is very responsive. They seem to run on time and you are seen quickly during morning monitoring hours. It's nice that they have so many clinics, that way if you ever need to see someone over the weekend there is always a clinic open...We received a 25% discount because we are a military family and fertility treatments are not covered. Our cost for egg retrieval and our first transfer was around $12,000
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein is very thorough and honest. He is extremely accessible and always answers emails promptly and is great at addressing our numerous concerns and questions. While we have not gotten pregnant yet, we trust that Dr. Klein is doing what is best for us and our future family to get us where we want to be.
Ask questions, he is more than willing to answer any and all questions you may have.
There are a lot of patients at the practice. You are seen for 5 minutes during screening.
Nursing staff is excellent and gets in touch with you quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very responsive. They seem to run on time and you are seen quickly during morning monitoring hours. It's nice that they have so many clinics, that way if you ever need to see someone over the weekend there is always a clinic open.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
You can show up in the morning for monitoring hours and are seen first come first served.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
At the beginning of my cycle there was a change in staff and some conflicting information about when I should start medications.
Westchester
[Dr. Daniel Stein] was amazing...he had great bed side manners. He explained everything In detail. He listen to our concerns he answered and explained everything in step by step. He took his time and we never felt rushed...have all your questions he’s makes sure it answered and make sure you understand what’s happening...made me feel like a human he took his time to talk to listen to our question and explained everything to us.
The nursing staff was very good [at RMA of New York] couldn’t ask for a better staff...made them self available to answer every phone call or email...Strengths: it’s small and intimate. You are given a coordinator and nurse for directly gives you all there attention and go step by step with you through this process. They made sure you had everything you needed for the process in time...Dr Stein is a great doctor have all your questions he’s makes sure it answered and make sure you understand what’s happening.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr Stein was amazing he had great bed side manners. He explained everything In detail. He listen to our concerns he answered and explained everything in step by step. He took his time and we never felt rushed.
Dr Stein made me feel like a human he took his time to talk to listen to our question and explained everything to us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was very good couldn’t ask for a better staff. The made them self available to answer every phone call or email
NY - Westside
I had a great first impression. I felt that he [Dr. Stein] really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation...He will only allow single and he picked the embryo...[new patient advice] Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
They [RMA of NY staff] really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats...[cost] about 6k out of pocket...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I had a great first impression. I felt that he really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate. I truly feel that a women is best when going through something like this.
Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation. I was always billed wrong or told the wrong things from the teeny bopper coordinators they have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
I absolutely love Eliza, she is warm, compassionate and understanding. I absolutely adore her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats.
about 6k out of pocket
He will only allow single and he picked the embryo.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] is very nice and helpful and he explains everything perfectly. He did an SIS to me and he was nice and very subtle, he also did an vaginal us and he explained and showed me everything he saw, after the SIS he explained his findings...Every time he saw me he treated me like a person and explained every detail to me and my husband better than any other doctor and he was very nice during every step of the diagnostics...
They [RMA of New York] are great. Nice and helpful people. The only thing I see they could improve is that they should have more clinics around ny...She [nurse] explained to me everything very thorough and she called me and emailed me and she was very attentive...Every time he [Dr. Stein] saw me he treated me like a person and explained every detail to me and my husband better than any other doctor and he was very nice during every step of the diagnostics
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
He is very nice and helpful and he explains everything perfectly. He did an SIS to me and he was nice and very subtle, he also did an vaginal us and he explained and showed me everything he saw, after the SIS he explained his findings
That the process is long and that they will be guided by the office and dr stein
I am in the diagnostic and pre treatment part yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Christie Tan)
She explained to me everything very thorough and she called me and emailed me and she was very attentive
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are great. Nice and helpful people. The only thing I see they could improve is that they should have more clinics around ny, I have to go from bushwick all the way o downtown Brooklyn or the city west side to go through all the monitorings
I would have to pay almost $4000 that are not covered by any insurance

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Klein is great he is trustworthy and answers his emails so quickly. He shows that he actually cares about the patient and their goals. He is open to suggestions and explains everything very well...I would advice a prospective patient to be prepared to hear everything from the good to the bad... nice and caring. There was no feelings of judgment.
[RMA of NY clinic] Strengths - quick waiting period, educated personnel, open to suggestions, clean, safe space, caring nurses and staff. Weaknesses- different doctors do the procedures, Manhattan site is overwhelmingly packed, Westchester location not open on weekends...Everyone is nice and caring. There was no feelings of judgment.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Everyone is nice and caring. There was no feelings of judgment.
Investor
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation [at RMA of New York]...Monitoring hours get crazy and you definitely feel like they are rushing to get you in and out. However, it’s clear they are highly recommended as the waiting room is always full. Whenever you call with a question, they do a good job of calling you back...[Dr. Michael Lederman is] Smart, but very busy and not sure he wants to dive into my specific issues. Felt like I got the same treatment as everyone else. Still no answers on my infertility and when my husband and I had blood work and testing done, it was the nurse who called with the results and often she couldn’t explain the meaning...Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
Matthew Lederman
NY - Westside

When we wanted to keep trying naturally before we decided to use IVF, Dr. Stein was patient with us and gave my wife and me the space to try. He didn't rush us to IVF, and in the end, it was our decision. He was clear about expectations and always approached us each step of the way with information and statistics. We believe information is power, so the more we knew the better...He's not going to hold your hand the entire way, but he'll tell it to you straight and that helped ease our anxiety about the process.
It was expensive [at RMA of New York], I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process...There as just SO many patients so you can feel sometimes a little lost in the shuffle, even with a coordinator. It is important to always come with a list of questions and really confirm timelines. From retrieval to implantation was longer than we thought and that was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Often Dr. Stein would talk to my wife in a compassionate but clinical way. He didn't hide the challenges or the process, but he wasn't void of emotion either. He was compassionate but forthright with setting expectations.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It was expensive, I think the entire process ran around $13 to $15k. That was after deductibles were met. But we also had insurance that covered most of the process.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Stein] has a great personality. He was always warm and friendly when in the room with me and he made time to answer all my questions without making me feel rushed...diagnosed a major obstacle to my getting pregnant -- I had chronic endometritis, which was treated with antibiotics. Our first frozen embryo transfer (with a different RMA doctor) failed but we were successful on the second try, with Dr. Stein in charge. I do wish that they had tested me for endometritis before doing any transfers.
The morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York] were actually not super convenient for me because I work a later shift, but I understand they work for people who do a 9 to 5 so I have no real complaints there...RMA does single embryo transfers. I didn't push for more...One thing my husband and I found very reassuring is that all of our embryos were genetically tested before the transfer. That really gave us peace of mind that we were doing everything we could to have a healthy baby. Now we have done noninvasive prenatal testing, which RMA advised us to do because nothing in life is 100% certain, and everything came back low risk.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein diagnosed a major obstacle to my getting pregnant -- I had chronic endometritis, which was treated with antibiotics. Our first frozen embryo transfer (with a different RMA doctor) failed but we were successful on the second try, with Dr. Stein in charge. I do wish that they had tested me for endometritis before doing any transfers.
I think it's important to choose a doctor who has been doing IVF for a long, long time and has a lot of experience. My previous doctor was younger and that transfer was not a success.
I had a fantastic experience with RMA and Dr. Stein in particular. He is obviously very good at what he does and also has a great personality. He was always warm and friendly when in the room with me and he made time to answer all my questions without making me feel rushed.
I had two egg retrievals total, both freeze all. I used Menopur and HCG. I had two frozen transfers, one less medicated with a previous doctor (that one did not work) and one fully medicated with Dr. Stein (that one worked).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Krista was my favorite nurse at RMA, but they were all good. I was happy to have her as my main nurse and my husband liked her, too, the times that he came in with me. She has a nice, friendly personality and knows her stuff. She was always willing to help and answer questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The morning monitoring hours were actually not super convenient for me because I work a later shift, but I understand they work for people who do a 9 to 5 so I have no real complaints there.
My fertility benefits were with Progyny, which basically covered everything related to the actual fertility treatments. No co-pays. Then my prescription coverage was through Aetna, where I had some reasonable co-pays. After I got pregnant my appointments switched over to Aetna and had $50 co-pays. I had to pay out of pocket for frozen embryo storage and that was $500 for six months.
RMA does single embryo transfers. I didn't push for more.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Only one thing and it wasn't a huge deal. When RMA discharged me to my new OBGYN, after I got pregnant, they asked me to send them the OBGYN's information so they could transfer my records. I gave them the info but the records didn't make it in time for my first appointment. Something went wrong. But I got in touch with Krista, my nurse, and she got the ball rolling on getting the records sorted out right away.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein was incredibly knowledgeable. He diagnosed me with endometriosis just based on our conversation and an ultrasound. I have had issues with this for years but it remained undiagnosed and untreated until then...I was happy to trust his judgement - while he's not always the most compassionate doctor, I truly appreciated his candid outlook on my situation and knowledgeable guidance on my procedure....
I really liked the RMA. It only took a few weeks from our first consultation to know what the issue was and have a plan of how to proceed... I was always able to reach her [nurse] over email with questions and she was always knowledgeable. I also appreciated that they always called me with my results rather than just emailing them to me
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein was incredibly knowledgeable. He diagnosed me with endometriosis just based on our conversation and an ultrasound. I have had issues with this for years but it remained undiagnosed and untreated until then. He recommend laporoscopy and referred me to a very good surgeon. This was very daunting for me but he was always responsive and happy to chat more about pros and cons of different procedures. After the lap he suggested IVF given that I have tubal blockage. I was happy to trust his judgement - while he's not always the most compassionate doctor, I truly appreciated his candid outlook on my situation and knowledgeable guidance on my procedure. I had one experience with another doctor that wasn't as pleasant - it was my first IVF appointment. I filled out a review form after the appointment and promptly got a call back from the clinic and Dr. Stein to chat about what can be improved and adjust expectations. I recommended Dr. Stein to my friend who is now in fertility treatment with him.
Don't hesitate to ask, while appointments can go by quickly he was always very happy to answer questions over email or follow-up appointments.
I felt very well treated and looked after during the entire process. I never had to wait long for my appointments and Dr. Stein was always familiar with my history and current situation.
I did one cycle of egg retrieval. The medication was dosed very carefully and before the retrieval I went in for bloodwork and ultrasound every day to perfectly time the retrieval. The retrieval procedure went well and I felt back to normal the next day. They retrieved 24 eggs, fertilized 17 and 10 made it to day 5. Those were biopsied and all frozen. Of the 10, 4 were chromosomally normal (PGS). I had to wait one cycle before I could do the transfer because I can't take regular birthcontrol. I didn't know this beforehand and this extra wait felt quite devastating at the time. We did PGS to maximize our chances of a healthy pregnancy. They didn't really present different options, but rather recommended one specific path (FET with PGS) and we went along with it without worrying too much about it. Dr. Stein did the transfer and that was easy as well. I've been injecting progesterone since 5 days prior to transfer and also taking estrogen. I didn't realize beforehand that I would have to do this for another 8ish weeks if the pregnancy was successful. I did a pregnancy test at the clinic 2 weeks after the transfer (I didn't test at home) and the test came back positive, yay! I had a few follow-up appointments for bloodwork and ultrasound after that. I was released from the fertility clinic when I was 8 weeks 5 days pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lipov)
Liza was awesome - I was always able to reach her over email with questions and she was always knowledgeable. I also appreciated that they always called me with my results rather than just emailing them to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really liked the RMA. It only took a few weeks from our first consultation to know what the issue was and have a plan of how to proceed. During IVF monitoring it sometimes felt a bit like an assembly line, but it kinda is - we're all there for the same thing and need to get our bloodwork and ovaries checked. I didn't quite know what to expect during the first IVF checkup and didn't feel super well taken care of (this was not with Dr. Stein). However, when I mention that in my feedback they immediately reached out to adjust things. Ever since I appreciated their care, efficiency and communcation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was definitely a well-oiled machine. I didn't have preferences for the monitoring hours so they just assigned a time the day before and it always worked out well. I don't think I ever had to wait longer than 10 minutes.
He strongly suggested single embryo transfer to increase changes of a succesfull pregnancy. Their overall approach was to do everything to maximize success even if that meant waiting some time after my lap to be sure that things healed completely or waiting a month between retrievel or transfer, or doing a few extra appointments. While it made the process longer in the beginning, I really liked this approach because I think it does safe me a lot of time and grief in the long run.
NY - Westside

Dr. Stein is a very experienced professional. I felt I was in good hands all the time. He is busy but always asked me if I had questions or something bothered me...was always very nice and has great humor. Which I appreciated because the process is uncertain and a bit scary. He evaluated my situation and explained what could happen...He showed me the egg that was going to be transferred on the big screen and they made sure I was the person who was supposed to receive that egg...
Prices are on the RMA of NY site for everybody to see. The whole process was $26,330...Scheduling appointments, Blood tests, sonograms, saline sonos, et cetera are very organized. They have two locations in New York and you can switch locations if you need. I recommend you ask all financial questions before you start the process. Understand the contract well. We did that so we knew exactly what to expect as they are limited on the health insurance companies they work with and we were paying everything out-of-pocket.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a very experienced professional. I felt I was in good hands all the time. He is busy but always asked me if I had questions or something bothered me. My IVF experience was smooth. I got pregnant on my first transfer and I am now 14 weeks pregnant. Our baby girl is healthy and growing fast. I highly recommend Dr. Stein. As a bonus, he is sweet and funny.
I had an extremely good experience. I came to our first appointment with no expectations and after that first meeting, I decided to trust Dr. Stein and trust my body. I knew Dr. Stein would do his best and I was ready to do the same. As with everything in life, the outcome for an IVF is uncertain but a good attitude and optimism help the process. He was actually recommended by my endocrinologist.
Dr. Stein was always very nice and has great humor. Which I appreciated because the process is uncertain and a bit scary. He evaluated my situation and explained what could happen. He has a lot of experience and in my case, I needed a very experienced Doctor so he was a perfect fit for us. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier with my experience.
Dr. Stein said that he would prefer to do a fresh transfer to increase the percentage of success and he was right. I had to go over many medical tests before having the approval. Due to covid, I was able to schedule all the test within a month. My assigned nurse practitioner Dara Berg coached me throughout the whole process. She was fantastic and answered all my doubts and fears. Dara kept us up-to-date on the donor's egg retrieval cycle. Everything was synchronized to perfection; my husband's sperm retrieval with egg donor's retrieval with the date of fresh transfer. We had counseling meetings about psychology and DNA compatibility prior to the transfer. On the day of the transfer, I used my lucky socks and we had a great time because the fox in my socks matched one of the Doctor's scrub cap LOL. Dr. Stein was very calmed and explained the process which actually happens super fast. He showed me the egg that was going to be transferred on the big screen and they made sure I was the person who was supposed to receive that egg. I was so scared I couldn't talk. No words could come out of my mouth but Dr. Stein and the team were super nice. A day I will always remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Dara is really amazing. I was actually sad the day I graduated from RMA because I felt I would miss talking to her. I never got to meet her because of covid. Only phone or email but she was always there for me and answered all my questions with love and compassion. She probably deals with many patients a day but always made me feel like I was unique. Thank you Dara if you are reading this!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Prices are on the RMA of NY site for everybody to see. The whole process was $26,330,
Because of my age, Dr. Stein recommended a single embryo transfer. I wanted to have twins if I could but it was not safe.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
My clinical records were not sent on time to my MFM so he ordered new blood exams and other tests that I had already done 1-2 months earlier. But everything good.
NY - Westside

[Dr. Stein] is a direct communicator so if you prefer information to be sugarcoated, talk about your style up front! If you want more information as to the how/why on something, just ask the question...Even after a first failed transfer, he was critical with the data and while many other doctors would prescribe a different treatment, we did a hysteroscopy to rule out some potential issues, everything came back normal, and we stayed with the same tried&true plan- resulting in my current pregnancy!
The nursing staff at RMA of NY is excellent- they were always super friendly, compassionate, equipped, informative. Everything is like clockwork in the clinic, and the nurses are truly at the heart of it all...an efficient well-oiled machine- only drawback is preassigned appt times vs getting to choose. They did ask for preferences during pregnancy ultrasounds, but not during the retrieval period when I was visiting multiple times per week.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is a very direct & clear communicator, which are traits I prefer in my health professionals! He was always willing to entertain my questions & probing in person, via phone, or email. From the beginning he was very confident that we could get results (ie get me pregnant!) which made me feel at ease in an otherwise world of fertility ambiguity, while at the same time being realistic based on the data at hand. Even after a first failed transfer, he was critical with the data and while many other doctors would prescribe a different treatment, we did a hysteroscopy to rule out some potential issues, everything came back normal, and we stayed with the same tried&true plan- resulting in my current pregnancy! I had a super positive experience and will keep seeing Dr. Stein as we continue to grow our family. So thankful for him and the RMA of NY team!
He is a direct communicator so if you prefer information to be sugarcoated, talk about your style up front! If you want more information as to the how/why on something, just ask the question.
In our consultations, Dr. Stein spoke & offered his professional advice to me as he would his own daughter. He also did what few busy professionals (doctors, people I've worked with, etc) have done- he learned how to pronounce my name and never failed!
Our retrieval- kept dosages on the low side given I'm younger and have better egg production. Don't remember all the medications used. I did have a higher number of eggs (28) so he prescribed cabergoline to avoid getting OHSS post retrieval. In the end, although I didn't go to the clinic to be diagnosed, I did suffer quite a bit post retrieval and it took 14 days to get back to normal (7 days to feel better). All worth it, as I got 8 PGS normal embryos on ice! FET- ended up having one failed cycle and one successful one with a hysteroscopy + inflammation test in between! Both had the same protocol- estradiol pills 3x per day, 1ml progesterone injections 1x per day, antibiotic before transfer. Dr. Stein was confident the protocol should be kept the same even after a failed transfer given my profile, despite my asking all the questions! Second transfer led to positive pregnancy test + currently 9w pregnant.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths- great structure & very organized, minimal wait times, amazing healthcare professionals Weaknesses- you don't speak to the same nurse/see your doctor every visit (if this is important to you)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is an efficient well-oiled machine- only drawback is preassigned appt times vs getting to choose. They did ask for preferences during pregnancy ultrasounds, but not during the retrieval period when I was visiting multiple times per week.
I believe my retrieval + 1st transfer was ~9.5K, plus medications which amounted to 4.2K. This was the best quote I could find in NYC, and based on fb groups I'm a part of a pretty great rate. My second transfer was 3.4K (no retrieval)
I'm not sure if Dr. Stein does multiple embryo transfers, it wasn't in the conversation for us.