Natan Bar-Chama

311 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

2018 - 2021, Successful
While acknowledging his [Dr. Benjamin Sandler] extensive expertise, I found his attitude very cold and uninterested limiting his answers to a standardized negative approach, always referring to the unlikelihood of success due to my age (40 yrs old)...often feel like I was asking really stupid questions. I never felt comfortable, but I trusted his expertise and it worked.
it [RMA of New York - Eastside] seemed a bit of a production factory as in the morning during the monitoring timeframe it was often overly crowded and a bit stressful. With the new covid measures, it was incredibly well organized, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes at the monitoring visits, and I found the new system of having a set time for each patient to have the monitoring visits really efficient. If this system will continue to be in place after all covid measures will be lifted, I think it will be in the best interest of everyone.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
As a patient, I was hoping to have some empathy shown during the visits, on the contrary, even when I was making optimistic remarks such as "this is the third egg retrieval and the number of eggs triplicated from the first one", his feedback would be "not many of those eggs will be good ones". So yes, stating the truth, but unnecessary in a situation where I was clearly making a positive remark to cheer myself up from the previous negative outcomes. Also the attitude in responding to my questions made me often feel like I was asking really stupid questions. I never felt comfortable, but I trusted his expertise and it worked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
I acknowledge his expertise and the last of the 3 egg retrievals was performed by him, which was excellent and unlike previous experiences I did not have any negative side effect nor bleeding (despite the triplicated number of eggs retrieved). The last embryo transfer was also done by him and it was really smooth and it worked well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
While acknowledging his extensive expertise, I found his attitude very cold and uninterested limiting his answers to a standardized negative approach, always referring to the unlikelihood of success due to my age (40 yrs old).
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
As my age was increasing, the protocols changed. Initially I took a lot of Menopur and Gonal-f injections, then the most recent protocol was the following: (first 5 days) 2 powder vials of Menopur (evening) 200 mg of Clomiphene Citrate (evening) 200 IU of Gonal/F (morning) (next 3 days) 250 mcg of Cetrotide injection (evening) 3 powder vials of Menopur (evening) 200 IU of Gonal/F (morning) Finally, trigger shot: hcG 1K injection + Lupron 40U This protocol resulted in more than 20 eggs retrieved, all of which were fertilized, but eventually only one resulted in a "normal" transferable embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Garbin)
Everyone is a star, I will never stop thanking them for the amazing work done and the compassion shown during these years of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I started the treatments pre-covid, and I was fine with the clinic, although it seemed a bit of a production factory as in the morning during the monitoring timeframe it was often overly crowded and a bit stressful. With the new covid measures, it was incredibly well organized, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes at the monitoring visits, and I found the new system of having a set time for each patient to have the monitoring visits really efficient. If this system will continue to be in place after all covid measures will be lifted, I think it will be in the best interest of everyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
Between 13k and 15k the out of pocket cycle.
Describe Benjamin Sandler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sandler always recommended eSET, especially since we decided to do the PGS testing of all our embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I had some issues with the financial coordinator (a newly recruited one) that I dealt with in my last cycle. The cycle was fully out of pocket and she gave me wrong information about the costs that I would face for each pregnancy monitoring visit, indicating it would be 250$ per visit, while the bill I received at the end reported 350$ per visit. Initially, the financial coordinator tried to insist that I had misunderstood the costs that she mentioned, but thankfully, I had some email exchanges that could provide evidence about the misinformation I received, so I managed to have this problem solved by her supervisor. Nevertheless, considering the major costs involved in this type of service, I really hope RMA has taken appropriate measures to prevent similar mistakes to be done by the financial team.

2021, Unsuccessful
Alan Copperman is excellent at what he does but he is not the warmest person. I didn’t feel like he knew or cared who I was when I saw him. He seemed busy and didn’t take the time to explain much... I had few interactions with doctor...During these visits, he was overall detached and cold. Simply performing the sonogram and speaking only the necessary.
RMA of NY is a well run clinic. It is very efficient. However a lot of patients go through this clinic and I felt like a number. I would be in and out of there fast but I was just one of many women patients there...The team was efficient, responsive and well organized. They would schedule my blood work and other exams and everything ran smooth. Not too long a wait in the waiting room. I could speak on the phone with a nurse quickly if I had any questions about a medication or how to use it.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
This doctor came highly recommended and he sure has a lot of experience treating infertility. He was honest in telling me that I didn’t have a lot of follicules and that there was a chance that I couldn’t get any viable embryos. He debated whether to continue the cycle or cancel and try another time but decided to keep going. In the end only one embryo reached J5 but turned out to be no good for transfer. I had few interactions with doctor Copperman - during the initial introductory visit (via Zoom) and then 2 or 3 times during the sonograms to see the evolution of my follicules during the hormone stimulation. During these visits, he was overall detached and cold. Simply performing the sonogram and speaking only the necessary. I would try to get more information but he wouldn’t share much. It is a stressful time and this doctor wasn’t warm or reassuring during the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Do not expect a lot of hand holding or compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had strong hormone stimulation meds to retrieve my own eggs. 9 were retrieved and 5 fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Abigail Goldberger)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
My IVF cycle was about $15,000
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Doctor recommended single embryo transfer which I approved also
Alan Copperman

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lederman is knowledgeable in his field and the type of physician who is direct and straight to the point which I greatly appreciated. He always got back to you for any concerns you had and was easy to reach if you had any questions. He made it a point to do the embryo transfers himself which was reassuring...always remembered who I was despite a busy office practice
[RMA of New York] Strengths: well organized especially with a large patient population. Weakness: monitoring would sometimes be backed up esp when needing an ultrasound which would always make me late for work in the morning...Coordinator and all nursing staff were organized and good. No concerns...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Come prepared as he will help you in your fertility goals. Also although rare there is a chance you can have identical twins with ivf! I’m happy his clinic only performs one embryo transfer at a time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr Lederman always remembered who I was despite a busy office practice
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My husband and I had “unexplained infertility.” We tried to get pregnant but after one year got restless and decided to proceed with ivf after failing with clomid and later iui’s given my advancing age. We completed 2 egg retrievals and made several viable embryos. We did the genetic testing and proceeded with our first frozen embryo transplant which resulted in a healthy bouncing baby boy. After 6 months we decided to do transfer #2. Not knowing if it would work or not, we were delightfully surprised that we were pregnant with baby # 2 AND #3. Our embryo split randomly and we are a few weeks away from meeting our twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Coordinator and all nursing staff were organized and good. No concerns.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were BUSY. If you needed an ultrasound expect to wait as they were often delayed. Giving blood work was quick and efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
We were cash patients as my Insurance only gave $5k for the lifetime of fertility treatments
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I think it’s essential they only do a single embryo transfer. Our embryo randomly split and we have identical twins. I can’t imagine having the possibility of carrying more than 2 babies given the risks associated with multiples.
2021, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring...
RMA is efficient and reliable...It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible...
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sandler was the doctor who did my egg retrieval - he was not the doctor I initially met. I was initially nervous about not being able to select a doctor for my retrieval, but I realize at RMA, it doesn't matter who you meet initially because you will be working with the entire team. Some people are uncomfortable with this. Once I understood that this was the case, I didn't mind. I felt confident that the team was reliable. I also understood that the purpose of going to a clinic like this, is to try and get the maximum efforts for fertility - hence the initial doctor I met also suggested an embryo freeze to IVF as opposed to simple egg retrieval due to my age and circumstances. I was nervous going into the procedure, as I had never gone under anesthesia (which only lasted 30 minutes). Dr. Sandler came in quickly, introduced himself, promised he would retrieve as many eggs as possible, and got more eggs than were part of any of my monitoring. While I have yet to confirm the number of embryos we have after PGT, I believe he did exceptional for what was needed. I also did not bleed or spot at all after the egg retrieval and recovered completely in 24 hours. I do think this was a result of his excellent and fast care.
Disregard the negative reviews - Dr. Sandler did my egg retrieval and he was great. I appreciated that he was the one who did my egg retrieval because it was so quick, he got more eggs than I expected, and I had no side effects. I did not meet him in the consultation so I don't know what he is like to consult with. But do not go to RMA and expect that you will have one doctor the entire time. The doctor you will be meeting with first only will do embryo transfer but not the egg retrieval or monitoring. That being said, the efficiency of all of the nurses and doctors made them a good team. If you feel you need bedside manner or ask more questions, you need to speak up and ask for it. I felt I needed more at several times and so I made them set up additional meetings with doctors and nurses when I felt I needed it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I did not like my coordinator - she was too inexperienced and tried to rush me into the procedure before she went on vacation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is efficient and reliable. I went there because my closest friend had her baby there with a donor egg in her mid 40s. It is not a clinic that I would recommend for bedside manner or sophisticated setting. It is one that works well with different doctors coming into monitor you, different nurses taking care of you, and a different doctor doing the procedure. If that makes you uncomfortable, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, I do believe they are results oriented, reliable, and factual. The doctors I met were very knowledgable and the procedure for egg retrieval went smoothly as possible. I have yet to find out how many embryos have made it through PGT, so I will elaborate further once I get the results.
2021, Successful
Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed...Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection...
The nursing staff at RMA [New York] were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic...All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. I never had a definitive reason provided why I was not getting pregnant. However, Dr. Gerber went through all of the necessary tests (at my request) to rule anything and everything out. She made sure I was comfortable with each test and next step and adjusted treatment as needed. Every step of the way seemed to be easy with her. One of my main concerns going into RMA was my embryo quality based on my last retrieval. Dr. Gerber recommended a procedure called Zymot which led us to getting two perfect embryos. She also conducted an ERA and tested my lining for an infection. The ERA showed my lining was receptive but the infection testing was inconclusive. Regardless, I did two weeks of antibiotics to clear anything up. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome. I will always be thankful to her and RMA and will recommend any of my family and friends going through infertility woes to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Trust the process but do your research. I started with Dr. Gerber a year after I had been going through IVF treatment so I was familiarized with the process and had a few intuitions of my own as to why it wasn't working. Thankfully, Dr. Gerber took my inquiries seriously and conducted the testing needed to clear them up or rule them out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber and her staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and put thought into their responses. They were very warm and encouraging throughout the entire process.
Describe the protocols Rachel Gerber used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval (not sure of the exact strategy but I do know it was non-flare) Zymot prior to Embryo creation 2 weeks of Doxycycline for any lining infection 2-3 weeks of Estrogen prior to transfer 7 days of a steroid prior to transfer 5 days of progesterone prior to transfer Baby Aspirin post transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA were efficient and compassionate. They always remember your name and greeted you with a smile. They were always very responsive as well when calling into the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I really appreciated the collaborative aspect. All of the doctors were in constant communication with one another regarding their patients treatments. If there were any tough cases they would confer and come up with the best next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York.
My Treatment with Dr. Gerber was a little over $15,000. We were off of insurance at this point so it was all out of pocket. This included payment for the egg retrieval, appointments and first transfer.
2021, Successful
she [Dr. Gerber] made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses...Egg Retrieval with Zymot- I was initially concerned about the quality of the embryos after our first doctor. We were able to receive 2 perfect embryos with Dr. Gerber ERA- test receptivity of lining Testing for lining infection- since I had 2 chemical pregnancies with the first doctor I thought there was issues with my uterine lining and underwent 2 weeks of doxycycline to clear up any potential infection.
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule...The full treatment package: retrieval, doctors appointments and one transfer was $15,400....All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Rachel Gerber was amazing. I had been undergoing Fertility treatments for over a year through Westmed when I decided a change was needed. I came to her with little hope about ever getting pregnant and on the very first transfer she was successful. We were pregnant after the first transfer with Dr. Gerber and we could not be happier.
Trust your instinct and ask questions. She is there to listen and provide advice.
We were obviously quite inquisitive throughout the process and she made sure all of our questions were answered and actually put thought into her responses. It is clear that Dr. Gerber cares about her patients and is dedicated to ensuring a successful pregnancy as an outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was efficient and compassionate. I did not experience any extended waiting times because they were organized and kept appointments running on schedule.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Collaboration- All of the doctors openly communicated and if there were any snags in treatment they would consult with everyone and come up with next best steps. There was no "I know best" syndrome I noticed by any of the doctors. Punctuality- never waited for more than 15 mins for an appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient well oiled machine. Barely any wait time.
Describe Rachel Gerber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Single Embryo Transfer
2020 - 2021, Successful
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand...When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling...He's quick-paced in his appts...But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
the locations [RMA of New York] were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized...I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts...the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Tanmoy Mukherjee was professional and explained things to me in terms I could understand, he made sure to answer my questions and was not too blunt nor too delicate in his delivery, it very much came across as giving the facts and information. I also feel like he was very on top of things - he monitored me closely and made sure to get me in to appts early and frequently rather than let things go, which I appreciated. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, he was very empathetic and supportive, reviewed treatment options and future plans at the right times and followed up after my surgery to see how I was feeling. I felt like w monitoring appts they were very quick. I also think he chose the right doses of meds and timing for my retrieval and transfer - I had friends who had much worse experiences at other places.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
He's quick-paced in his appts - appts and monitoring visits, you may feel rushed. But I think he was actually very thoughtful in his care of me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
During the monitoring appts, I often felt they were "busy", some made me feel like they were "present" but often it was in and out quickly, which made me feel a bit like on a conveyor belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff were very responsive, they called me when they said they would, with instructions and information I needed and wanted. They were always available for questions and would answer what they knew and what they needed to check w the doctor about.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths are the locations were convenient, it was easy to make and change appts and times, most times it was a quick in and out, with minimal wait (not always but often), it was easy to reach someone with questions or needs. They were organized. The weaknesses were that I often felt rushed during the monitoring appts, I wish I was either more prepared with what to expect w them or they spent not necessarily more time but at least show they are "present" for the appt rather than in and out. I also think the financial coordinator caused me stress, I think she was new and often gave me incorrect information or at least information that was different than what my insurance was telling me, I'm not sure who was erring. But overall it was frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered appts and labwork and I had copays under $35 for ultrasounds. My insurance covered IUI but not IVF so I paid out of pocket (~$13,000) for IVF retrieval (minus cost of meds - mostly covered by insurance, paid ~$300 for meds) and ~$4,000 for transfer.
Tanmoy Mukherjee

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
We were pretty defeated when we switched to Dr. Lederman. He was patient and understanding. 2 frozen embryos has lead to our 18 month old daughter and another baby on the way. I would highly recommend him!...Meds and timing were adjusted for optimal results before the retrieval. Transfer was pushed back a week for optimal hormone levels...they enforced embryo testing before transfer.
[RMA of New York] enforced embryo testing before transfer......I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second...I was called by 2 different nurses on the same day with different medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he is patient and understanding.
Even though they were busy they didn’t rush you in and out. They patiently answered all of your questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The staff was all friendly and would call to communicate all results.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like that I was able to go to any location in NY before my first pregnancy. There was a bit of a mishap before my first pregnancy on when to start taking my meds. However, both the doctor and head nurse called me to apologize for the error. The on-call doctor was able to calm my nerves and schedule an appointment right away when I thought I had a miscarriage with my second. Front desk staff in Westchester are very friendly.
I believe when did retrieval and transfer was about $17k.
I like that they enforced embryo testing before transfer.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Klein was very open with us from the first meeting. He explained everything very clearly to us and answered all questions and concerns we had. He performed my transfer and made me feel very comfortable during it. He always returned my calls and e-mails in a timely manner...the clinic only done single embryo transfer...Dr Klein was so down to earth and easy to talk to, he listened to what we had to say and never dismissed our choices....
Nice clean and friendly clinic [RMA of New York], felt that everyone knew you by name and you weren't just another person starting on this journey! Monitoring appointments were always on time and hours perfect for getting to work afterwards...the clinic only done single embryo transfer...the front desk staff were so warm and inviting and then Dr Klein was so down to earth and easy to talk to, he listened to what we had to say and never dismissed our choices...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Trust what he tells you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
From I walked into the clinic for my consultant with Dr Klein, I knew I was in the right place, the front desk staff were so warm and inviting and then Dr Klein was so down to earth and easy to talk to, he listened to what we had to say and never dismissed our choices.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dr Martha Fennessy )
Dr Martha was so nice to us from our first encounter, she was more than helpful and full of knowledge. She replied to all calls and e-mails promptly and was always very friendly at our visits to the clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Nice clean and friendly clinic, felt that everyone knew you by name and you weren't just another person starting on this journey! Monitoring appointments were always on time and hours perfect for getting to work afterwards.
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We were told at our first consultant that the clinic only done single embryo transfer. If that was something we didn't like, we could leave after the consultation and never return.

2021, Consult
Dr. Jackson-Bey felt transparent and patient. She spoke to me with respect and did not automatically assume I understood the medical terminology and treatments she was describing. I walked away feeling a sense of trust in her guidance...She is clearly trained in LGBTQ+ family building support and approached my relationship and family-building goals with compassion...
This clinic [RMA of New York] claims to be highly LGBTQ+ competent but the front desk staff misgendered my partner multiple times. To the clinic's credit, when I sent feedback about these encounters to one of the Patient Liaisons they were very thoughtful in their response. An additional weakness was their lack of transparency around their BMI protocols...after my consultation and monitoring, I found out the clinic would *not* actually freeze my eggs due to their anesthesia policies related to BMI...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
To me, Dr. Jackson-Bey felt transparent and patient. She spoke to me with respect and did not automatically assume I understood the medical terminology and treatments she was describing. I walked away feeling a sense of trust in her guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson-Bey was kind and patient with my questions! She even drew me a diagram to help visualize the concepts she was describing. She is clearly trained in LGBTQ+ family building support and approached my relationship and family-building goals with compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic claims to be highly LGBTQ+ competent but the front desk staff misgendered my partner multiple times. To the clinic's credit, when I sent feedback about these encounters to one of the Patient Liaisons they were very thoughtful in their response. An additional weakness was their lack of transparency around their BMI protocols. I asked upfront and was told there was no restriction or cut-off on care based on BMI. Then, after my consultation and monitoring, I found out the clinic would *not* actually freeze my eggs due to their anesthesia policies related to BMI. That was the worst part of my experience with RMA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
Approximately $2,000 for initial consultation and diagnostics.
Tia Jackson-Bey

2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive...After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI...always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns...
the office [RMA of New York] is extremely organized and communicative...Fast responders...Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away...Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was the first specialist I saw and had great success. I had a consultation with him in October, and am now pregnant with twins. I found out over Thanksgiving weekend, so was successful on our first try! I always knew that I had a mild form of PCOS (multiple follicles on each ovary, irregular periods, and anovulatory cycles). So, after a few short months off of birth control I knew I needed to see a specialist. Dr. Flisser met with my husband and I, and explained that we'll first take the most basic approach since he assured us that there was no need to be invasive, which I greatly appreciated as I did not feel that was necessary either. He also had absolutely no judgements since most specialists say you need to wait a year of trying, but he knew there was no point in that for a patient with PCOS. After hormone blood tests, an ultrasound, and a semen analysis, Dr. Flisser provided a recommendation to take Letrozole, a trigger shot, and timed IUI. The process was beyond easy to say the least as the office is extremely organized and communicative. Dr. Flisser was amazing, got us through the process, always picked up the phone to listen to any concerns, and was so excited when we heard the first two little heartbeats at just 6 weeks! He has such a calming personality, and we are so lucky to have found a doctor like him! We are so thankful for Dr. Flisser, and would recommend him to anyone trying to start a family. He is your guy! Run - don't walk!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Voice all of your concerns. I guarantee he'll be able to help you through them.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I took Letrozole cycle day 3-7 (5mg at night). Day 13 had an ultrasound and found 2 big follicles on each ovary (20 MM), and did an Ovidrel trigger shot. Day 14 did the IUI.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Amazing. Organized. Communicative. Fast responders. Couldn't recommend them enough. All of the doctors there are great as well. I don't have any weaknesses. Even the financial teams are great, and everyone gets back to you right away.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lekovich was honest with us from day 1. She encouraged us to stay positive which we needed from our doctor. She never made us feel bad and supported us in our disappointments l always felt she was mindful of our determination and she absolutely mirrored that through treatment...She won’t advise you do anything thatll waste your very precious time and monwy.
They [RMA of New York] are VERY busy so be prepared with questions each opportunity you have to inquire. Dr. Lekovich will provide you with reasoning for treatment choices via research examples. She won’t advise you do anything thatll waste your very precious time and monwy...[nurses] were reliable and consistent while also compassionate during negative outcomes.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich was honest with us from day 1. She encouraged us to stay positive which we needed from our doctor. She never made us feel bad and supported us in our disappointments l always felt she was mindful of our determination and she absolutely mirrored that through treatment. Her nurses and those who drew my blood were gentle and amazing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Be realistic. While you want Dr. Lekovich every step of the way physically— it’s simply not possible. Try to trust RMAs process alongside the other physicians who may perform ultrasounds or treatments. Also, be your own advocate if you need further explanation or understanding. Your wishes will be met with consistent callbacks from the nurses oncall.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I felt as though Dr. Lekovich was fighting for me, cheering me on and advising me in all ways possible. She was a true champion for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were reliable and consistent while also compassionate during negative outcomes.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are VERY busy so be prepared with questions each opportunity you have to inquire. Dr. Lekovich will provide you with reasoning for treatment choices via research examples. She won’t advise you do anything thatll waste your very precious time and monwy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
My health insurance covered approximately 60% of treatment and all meds. I paid approximately $6000 a cycle for ivf.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I trusted her opinion every step if the way.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Only once did a nurse miss to call with results, however, I phoned by the end of the work day. Hence my advice— be your own advocate like any other medical treatment care you receive.
Jovana Lekovich

2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon had the best bedside manner of any doctor I have worked with. She is sympathetic and listened to all concerns...she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease...Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid...
The nursing staff [at RMA of New York] gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions...there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We saw Dr. Sekhon after 8 months of trying after a miscarriage. We tried one IUI (after doing two rounds with another clinic) and then went to IVF. Our retrieval resulted in 18 eggs with 4 genetically normal embryos. Our first transfer was successful and I am currently pregnant. Not only did Dr. Sekhon make us successful, she was caring and compassionate throughout the way. She also answered my emails when needed which put us at ease. Would recommend her to anyone looking for treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She never acts like a question is stupid (even if it probably is).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff gave all of the medication instructions and helped answer any questions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I like how there are multiple locations so you aren’t dealing with an office being closed when your treatment needs it. Despite it being a big operation, I didn’t feel like it was impersonal. They are pretty responsive and everyone for the most part was friendly. I did have one scheduling mixup for my IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
My treatments were mostly covered under my works fertility benefits

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.

Investor
Dr. Gerber guided us every step of the way and alleviated the pressure of this very stressful period...has deep expertise in her field and a great personal presence. She managed our treatment with efficiency and compassion. My husband was very apprehensive about working with a fertility doctor, but it only took one consultation for him to trust Dr. Gerber. She explained every procedure and quickly addressed any concerns or questions we had along the way...
The doctors at RMA operate as a team, so for certain appointments you may be working with a physician different from your primary doctor. That's very convenient, as it allows the practice to operated nearly around the clock...Dr. Gerber has deep expertise in her field and a great personal presence. She managed our treatment with efficiency and compassion...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Dr. Gerber has deep expertise in her field and a great personal presence. She managed our treatment with efficiency and compassion. My husband was very apprehensive about working with a fertility doctor, but it only took one consultation for him to trust Dr. Gerber. She explained every procedure and quickly addressed any concerns or questions we had along the way. She made the process feel like an opportunity and we were looking forward to our appointments. We are extremely grateful Dr. Gerber was in charge of our treatment.
Dr. Gerber guided us every step of the way and alleviated the pressure of this very stressful period. Prior to the initial consultation, my husband and I were really unnerved about proceeding with any kind of fertility treatment. Dr. Gerber was able to quickly de-escalate the tension, helped us gain perspective, reassured and educated us at every stage. She managed the process with true care and consideration.
2021, Consult
Dr. Gerber is kind, patient, and knowledgeable. She spent so much time with me and even completed the ultrasound herself as she explained every image to me. She was honest and had great bedside manner...Explained every step of the process to me in great detail. Took the time to complete the scans herself and explained each image she pulled up. Made sure I understood everything that would be happening next...
The clinic [RMA of New York] was clean and organized and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable during the entirety of my visit as each staff member was friendly and went out of their way to support me...Every nurse I worked with was kind, thorough, and patient...She [Dr. Gerber] spent so much time with me and even completed the ultrasound herself as she explained every image to me...
How was your experience with Rachel Gerber at RMA of New York?
Kind, knowledgeable, thorough, and patient. Explained every step of the process to me in great detail. Took the time to complete the scans herself and explained each image she pulled up. Made sure I understood everything that would be happening next.
Go into your appointment with any questions you may have. She will be happy to answer them all!
I haven’t started the treatments yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordan )
Every nurse I worked with was kind, thorough, and patient. They all went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and taken care of.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was clean and organized and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable during the entirety of my visit as each staff member was friendly and went out of their way to support me.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations... I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see he
[My IVF Coordinator at RMA of New York] was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done...[staff] was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person...Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most compassionate doctor I have ever worked with (fertility or otherwise). I am an LGBTQ person, I am overweight, and often Doctors treat me as lesser than for these reasons. Dr. Sekhon never made me feel like there was anything wrong or different about me. From our first consultation where she took my wife and me through our fertility options through our last visit she was kind, thoughtful, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, and patient as I had many questions throughout the process. Anytime I had a set back she was reassuring that it wasn't my fault and she had a course of action and next steps ready to go. Throughout my treatments I didn't see Dr. Sekhon for most monitoring appointments, but when I would see her at transfers it was as if no time had past. She knew me, my history, and made me feel comfortable in a situation that could be categorized as extremely scary and uncomfortable.
Fertility treatments can be an extremely unknown and scary process. Trust that Dr. Sekhon is taking your situation into consideration and truly cares about your outcome with each step of the process.
Dr. Sekhon always treated me so kindly and spoke to me with past knowledge of my visits and our conversations. She often brought up my partner and spoke of her fondly (she could not join appointments due to covid). She was truly invested in the outcome of each procedure and answered any and all questions I had. I never felt rushed by her or that I was an inconvenience.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Sekhon had me start with an HSG to ensure I had no tubal blockage before starting treatment. If I had she would have made sure to focus on one ovary instead of the blocked. However, I did not have any blockages and started with two unmedicated IUI cycles as there was no reason to believe I couldn't get pregnant with just insemination. I did inject a trigger shot 36 hours before insemination. Due to having a limited number of Sperm Donor vials I consulted with Dr. Sekhon and we agreed moving to IVF would be a great next step. I worked with her team to get all documentation ready during IUI number two so we would be ready to move straight to IVF if needed. I did two egg retrievals using injectable stim medications and a trigger shot which both resulted in around 20 eggs being retrieved and 8 blastocysts sent of for PGT-A testing. I then had two frozen embryo transfers, the first not resulting in a pregnancy, and the second resulting in a pregnancy. Throughout both transfers I took Estrogen Pills and Progesterone injections to help maintain the pregnancy.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Going into any new doctor situation is nerve wracking as an LGBTQ person, however, Dr. Sekhon never made me feel that way. She spoke to me as a person who wanted to get pregnant and needed help with it. I never felt uncomfortable or judged. She was extremely knowledgeable and made sure to share all options I had when starting this process. When my first two rounds of IUI did not result in a pregnancy and I had limited donor sperm vials left she helped talk through the best options and how moving to IVF could be a better option for future planning for me and my wife.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
My IVF Coordinator, Jennifer Needle, was instrumental throughout my egg retrievals and frozen embryo transfers. She was extremely helpful in organizing medications, ensuring I had what I needed as far as syringes and needles, and making sure any and all documentation I needed to complete before treatments were done. She was always available to hop on a call and would respond to emails within the hour. If there were ever concerns or questions I knew she would be extremely helpful, even if she didn't have the answer, she would find the person who did.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is a wonderful practice full of caring practitioners. I have visited most of their office locations (Madison, Soho, and White Plains) and they each vary in their strengths and weaknesses. Madison is a large office and there is usually a short waiting period. The rooms are decent sized and while I never had my partner join me due to covid there would have been plenty of room. The Soho office is very small and intimate, but extremely efficient. The wait time for monitoring is typically no more than 5-10 minutes, they have a great system down. The exam rooms are extremely small and when my partner was able to join me for ultrasounds it was extremely cramped. However, the doctor was very mindful of this and always made sure to tell her where to stand to ensure she could see the screen. The White Plains office is a decent size, however constantly behind on their monitoring appointments, there were times I wasn't seen over an hour after my appointment time. Additionally, the front desk staff can sometimes be abrasive, you never know what to expect in this office, sometimes it is seamless in and out and others you're there for 30m-1h. However, the nurses at all locations were extremely thoughtful and helpful in each office and always made me feel cared for.
My insurance fully covered my fertility treatments so I only needed to pay my insurance deductible and out of pocket max ($7K).
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon transfers only one embryo at a time. I was not concerned with this approach as I did not want there to be a chance of multiples. Dr. Sekhon explained her practice with this and I was aligned with her practices.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
RMA of NY was always respectful to me as an LGBTQ person. While often this was something that didn't come up as my wife was unable to attend monitoring appointments due to covid, when she could join me everyone was welcoming and kind.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
Coordinating shipping of Donor sperm vials from the cryobank to RMA was extremely simple. RMA has a clear process of where to ship and how to notify them. My cryobank had all of RMA's information already in their system and was able to deliver vials within one days time. I simply had to call my cryobank, tell them how many vials I wanted to ship and who my clinic was and they confirmed the information with me and set up the shipment. I would then send an email to a specific RMA email address with the shipment information and when they could expect arrival. I never had any issues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was gearing up for a transfer cycle at RMA. The day or two before my cycle started I received a call from one of the nurses informing me that I would not be able to complete a transfer cycle that month due to a government mandate that the IVF lab be closed for cleaning for the month. I understand that RMA had no control over when the government mandates this, but I would have liked to been given more notice as I had made specific plans surrounding this cycle.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me...The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole.
[the RMA of NY staff] were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedul
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I wish I had Lucky in my life sooner--as early as my teen years! (Although that wouldve been impossible as were about the same age!) Not only was she able to help us get pregnant but she improved my quality of life. I was a long time sufferer from PCOS plus uterine fibroids--but I didn't know how bad they had gotten until Lucky & her colleague Leigh Rosen explained everything to me. I didn't know how much my fibroids & PCOS had been monopolizing my every day. I felt truly cared for, Lucky was not just treating my symptoms (as many doctors have in the past...), she was treating the causes. I felt like I was speaking to a caring friend. She made me feel comfortable in a way that I haven't felt about other physicians. She is knowledgeable & truly cares about sharing information. Lucky changed my life & I'll never forget that.
Lucky is incredibly high functioning & she'll get you the answers that you're looking. Don't go "down the rabbit hole" of the internet to try to figure things out on your own, reach out to Lucky instead. She will listen to you. Be your own advocate--it's ok to confirm next steps, to re-confirm information & to remind Lucky about some of the details of your case. The fertility journey is intense. Take notes before & during your visit. Write down questions ahead of time so that you don't forget to ask them when you have time with Lucky. Take notes so that you can review them after your appointment & feel free to email follow up questions to Lucky or your IVF nurse. Sometimes it will feel like you're getting a deluge of information & it's ok to take the time to process all of it.
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me, when I started to feel crazy. She encouraged me to reach out to her instead of attempting to do my own research. I often felt like I was the only one in her care, especially as she advised us on everything from next steps to surgery to the Covid vaccines.
My treatment strategies were very dependent on my diagnosis of uterine fibroids, PCOS & my age. I had ovulation challenges due to my diagnosis. The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole. My fibroids required an adominal myomectomy (after an MRI indicated that I had about 25 fibroids of varying sizes, one being quite large), so a major surgery& recovery time had to be factored into our treatment. We landed on IVF, based on Lucky's guidance around our best chances of becoming pregnant. & to preserve our fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance "Connie" Schmidt)
Connie was awesome. She called after every appointment & followed up with an email after the call. The email summarized everything we talked about plus any instructions that we discussed, in terms of treatment, medications, administerings meds, etc. Sometimes Connie had to deliver not so great news, if Lucky couldn't get back to us right away & she was alwasy compassionate & patient. Connie is very knowledgeable & she would be quick to offer tips & tricks to help make something easier. I never felt rushed on the phone or via email. It was truly a team effort & we were lucky to have Connie on our team too.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We started visiting RMA in April of 2020 & throughout the pandemic. It was intense, but all of the precautions that the clinic took to keep their patients & staff safe, comfortable & healthy were impressive. They were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedule. Rarely was the waiting room crowded--I felt comfortable & socially distanced. I've heard nightmare stories about other clinics... we were so grateful that we were with RMA.
Thanks to our insurance & the RMA Finance team, our appointments, IVF procedures & most of our medications were covered by our insurance & our $25k lifetime maximum for fertility treatments. We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing of our embryos. We were not charged for meeting with Rena Gower, the clinic's therapist (this was a service that we found very helpful).
Lucky advised that transferring one embryo is a best practice, as multiples are considered high-risk. In order to ensure our best chances for a healthy pregnancy, delivery & baby, a single embryo transfer was best for us.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands...She was easily accessible by email and phone...While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings...She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator...
Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA [of New York], while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner...The clinic was not always helpful in coordinating care with Pharmacy. I had the most challenges with the RN assigned to my care...She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent doctor. She is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands. While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings. She was easily accessible by email and phone. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as a doctor. She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator.
I would have liked to have all appointments with Dr. Sekhon.
Dr. Sekhon answered all of the questions I had in a very timely manner. She was also very kind in dealing with my numerous questions.
I had a standard IVF process, where I took medication in preparation for the egg retrieval, had egg retrieval and the next cycle had 5-day frozen embryo transplant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie )
While Dr. Sekhon was amazing, I did not have the same experience with her Nurse, Connie. She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present. She was the only who called with my blood results, and those calls felt very rushed. I did not often get to ask follow up questions (which was OK I guess because I emailed those to Dr. Sekhon and she got back to me within the same day (if not within hrs!))
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: fast and convenient Weakness: I saw the medical assistance for blood draw the most, since they were in such a hurry the care did not feel personalized. I felt more like a factory (which I guess is the cost of being fast, but I wonder if there could be some balance because I spent more time with the medical assistants who drew my blood). Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA, while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner.
I paid for co-pays for each ultrasound/blood retrieval ($20/visit), anesthesia for egg retrieval, and co-pays for medication.

2021, 30 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times...I felt informed about all aspects of the process...I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her...
Jennifer [nurse at RMA of New York] was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions...The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I had a great experience as Dr. Sekhon's patient. Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable about all aspects of egg freezing, but also very approachable and was able to put me at ease several times. My experience was completely in line with what Dr. Sekhon outlined at my initial consultation, and I felt informed about all aspects of the process. I would highly recommend egg freezing in general to any of my friends, and I feel my positive experience was in large part due to being in Dr. Sekhon's care.
Dr. Sekhon put me at ease and was patient in answering all questions throughout the process. I consistently felt that Dr. Sekhon was patient and thorough in all of her interactions with me. Because of the nature of the monitoring appointments, I did not see Dr. Sekhon every time, but I was always most comfortable when I could see her and she was always transparent about which office she would be in for upcoming days so I could try to see her.
Antagonist protocol with dual trigger
Jennifer was very helpful in answering all of my questions in advance of starting injections, which included reviewing medications, deciding on timing, scheduling appointments, etc. During my cycle, I received calls from several nurses, but all were organized and gave clear directions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I chose RMA because of the doctors there and its reputation, and I had an overall positive experience. The office is busy and the staff are managing lots of cases, but this didn't detract from my positive experience, and I always felt that whoever I was talking to was well-informed of my details and were able to answer any questions I had.
Egg freezing is covered by my employer in full after meeting my out-of-pocket max ($1500) so my expenses were minimal relative to the total cost.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.

2019 - 2021, Successful
I always felt like Dr. Klein listened and treated my specific circumstances. He was also personable and funny...he always remembered what we'd already tried and was ready to adjust and try the next thing...I'm 40 years old, and our embryos were untested, so for my first transfer, he allowed two to be transferred. That transfer failed. Our second transfer was of our one remaining frozen embryo, which was successful...
Martha [nurse at RMA of New York] was great, though she made errors on my medication directions a couple of times which I had to call to clarify...The Madison Ave branch is the only one open on weekends, so I had to go there a few times for monitoring and for my transfers and retrieval, which was inconvenient...The one big drawback was that we started IVF in November 2020 not knowing that the clinic shut down for cleaning in December, so that delayed our treatment until January 2021 which was frustrating...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was a great doctor, and we're grateful to him for helping us get our son. Our process started in 2019 and lasted through 2021, and he always remembered what we'd already tried and was ready to adjust and try the next thing. I've already recommended him to a few friends.
Ask a lot of questions. He's super responsive to email, so utilize that. When we first started I was very overwhelmed and didn't understand that we were jumping into IUIs, and he helped talked me through everything and allay my fears.
I always felt like Dr. Klein listened and treated my specific circumstances. He was also personable and funny, which my husband and I appreciated.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
For IUIs, I took clomid with a trigger shot. For IVF, I believe it was antagonist, 10-ish days of stims followed by egg retrieval and a fresh transfer of two embryos (which failed) and a FET the following month which resulted in our son who was born 3 weeks ago.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessey)
Martha was great, though she made errors on my medication directions a couple of times which I had to call to clarify.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is busy, but I was impressed by how well they handled Covid monitoring and scheduling. Everyone at the Westchester clinic was great. There was one younger phlebotomist who routinely bruised me terribly, but the regular, more experienced one was phenomenal. The Madison Ave branch is the only one open on weekends, so I had to go there a few times for monitoring and for my transfers and retrieval, which was inconvenient coming from Rockland County but worth it ultimately. The one big drawback was that we started IVF in November 2020 not knowing that the clinic shut down for cleaning in December, so that delayed our treatment until January 2021 which was frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything except visit copays and medicine copays.

2018 - 2021, Successful
we saw him [Dr. Stein] over 3 years I liked how straightforward he was but he was not negative. He never gave us false hope but he never gave up on us. We did 3 egg retrievals and he adjusted my medication each time and our results kept getting better even though I kept getting older. He always told us what was happening even if it wasn’t going to the way I wanted which I appreciated. He will answer all questions and meet with you as much as you would like but you need to be your own advocate and set up the appointments...
The [RMA of New York] were very organized and efficient...From billing, to front desk to the nurses and Dr. Stein everyone was professional and reliable. I would say however our IVF coordinator was not that helpful. She seemed busy and was not as responsive...Eliza and all of the nurses were wonderful. They were so reliable and always got back to me no matter what the same day. They were kind, warm and extremely organized. I truly felt supported...
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I chose Dr. Stein due to his expertise, success and years of experience. As we saw him over 3 years I liked how straightforward he was but he was not negative. He never gave us false hope but he never gave up on us. We did 3 egg retrievals and he adjusted my medication each time and our results kept getting better even though I kept getting older. He always told us what was happening even if it wasn’t going to the way I wanted which I appreciated. He will answer all questions and meet with you as much as you would like but you need to be your own advocate and set up the appointments. He does not believe In acupuncture for fertility but I very much did and used it. I’m forever grateful that we stuck with Dr. Stein and he stuck with us through the 3 years as our daughter was born last year (with my own eggs) and I was 41. It was not an easy experience as fertility treatment can be but it is a success story! We also have another PGS tested embryo in the freezer still and will choose Dr Stein again if we decide to use it. I highly recommend Dr. Stein.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Be your own advocate and don’t be set back by how straight forward he is. He is an excellent doctor and genuinely wants the best and success for his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
We were with Dr. Stein for 3 years. He definitely has a lot of patients and it did not feel like a personable relationship for most of the time. I chose him and stuck with him due to his expertise, success and liked how straightforward he was. He never gave us false hope but he also never gave up on us. He did get to know us by our last IVF cycle and we had more of a personable relationship. After I was pregnant and released from RMA he even had a long phone call with us to help determine if we should do an amniocentesis.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Stein always recommended IVF from the start but gave us the option for IUI. I had a previous unsuccessful pregnancy with clomid prior to coming to Dr. Stein so we tried two IUI’s first. Then we took a break (tried getting pregnant naturally) until I finally decided that we were ready to try IVF. Our first egg retrieval we ended up with no embryos after testing. Our second egg retrieval we had 1 good PGS tested embryo and transferred it but it didn’t work. Our third egg retrieval we got two good PGS tested embryos. We transferred one and it worked! Our daughter is 6 months old and we also have another embryo still in the freezer. I’m not sure the specifics but through meeting with Dr. Stein after each cycle he adjusted our protocols and in turn kept getting better results. Don’t give up on yourself or Dr. Stein!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: ELIZA)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The were very organized and efficient. I liked once Covid happened that there were appointments for monitoring. From billing, to front desk to the nurses and Dr. Stein everyone was professional and reliable. I would say however our IVF coordinator was not that helpful. She seemed busy and was not as responsive.
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Stein recommended doing single embryo transfers and that is what we did. He is even a father of twins but always said twin pregnancies were high risk.
Daniel Stein

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Sekhon was very respectful and friendly. She was great about explaining everything along the way in very understandable language. She was encouraging but honest. I appreciated how she connected with me as a patient...very down to earth and easy to feel comfortable around. We did two IUIs with her and two IVF cycles, each with their own retrievals. She was good about setting expectations while also providing a lot of positivity and hope...
It [RMA of New York] runs like a well oiled machine--very efficient and quick communication. I liked that but other people might prefer smaller, more intimate doctors offices. I like that they had multiple office locations as well...Appts were early morning, before work, which was very convenient...minor communication mishaps that were always quickly cleared up when I followed up...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Sekhon. She had already treated a friend who had success so I had confidence in her. She is very down to earth and easy to feel comfortable around. We did two IUIs with her and two IVF cycles, each with their own retrievals. She was good about setting expectations while also providing a lot of positivity and hope.
Even if another location is closer, it's best to try to do all appts you can in the Soho office with her. For my first cycle, I went to the Brooklyn office a lot out of convenience but realized for my second cycle that I wanted more face time with the doctor making all the decisions, so started going to Soho instead. I felt it made a difference for me personally.
Though RMA runs almost like a machine, I still felt that almost everyone I interacted with was warm. Dr Sekhon was very respectful and friendly. She was great about explaining everything along the way in very understandable language. She was encouraging but honest. I appreciated how she connected with me as a patient.
After getting only five eggs and one normal embryo (which didn't implant) she changed the injection medications and doses a bit. The second cycle yielded eleven eggs but still only one normal embryo, which fortunately did implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Connie often sounded impatient to me. I never loved her tone. Other nurses that called were always WAY more friendly than she was. She was still helpful, responsive and informative though.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a baby factory. It runs like a well oiled machine--very efficient and quick communication. I liked that but other people might prefer smaller, more intimate doctors offices. I like that they had multiple office locations as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Appts were early morning, before work, which was very convenient. It was super efficient and they did a great job timing visits so only a few people were waiting in the office at once, for covid safety.
After insurance, I paid about $5,500 per IVF cycle, including retrieval and transfer.
We only had one normal embryo each cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There were minor communication mishaps that were always quickly cleared up when I followed up. They did forget to call in a very important injection that I had to take at a certain time the day before the IVF retrieval, so that caused some stress to get it last minute, but worked out fine in the end.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Due to the size of the [RMA of New York] practice, I felt like I could always get an appointment when I needed, but sometimes it was very impersonal due to interacting with staff or providers who didn't know me or my case...I had several nurses as primary point of contact during my several years of fertility treatments. Our contact was mostly over the phone
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is warm, direct, and very knowledgeable. I had multiple challenges in achieving a viable pregnancy, and I appreciated how she always referenced the science, data, and studies to inform decision-making in my care. As a patient, I felt informed and empowered to make the decisions. She was patient and persistent in my case, trying varying protocols, and I'm extremely happy that I'm now pregnant!
Try to arrange your schedule to see her in person. Ask the nurses to schedule your appointments on the days when she's monitoring as much as possible. That in person contact is invaluable.
Dr. Sekhon was always warm, personable and attentive to my case in person. RMA of New York is a large group practice with multiple locations, and I wasn't always able to do my monitoring appointments at the location she was working at, so on days I saw different doctors I felt more like number.
IUI with clomid. IVF. Co-IVF when my eggs were not producing viable embryos. Polypectomy prior to starting FET. Lupron prior to IVF after unsuccessful frozen embryo transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie, then Julia)
I had several nurses as primary point of contact during my several years of fertility treatments. Our contact was mostly over the phone. Connie and I built a rapport over time, but later I believe Julia took over for her, though I wasn't directly informed of the change. At times other nurses covered for them. It's hard to build a connection with just brief phone calls. I did have a consistent and positive relationship with Jennifer, the IVF Coordinator. She was warm, responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Fertility treatment was the most intensive medical experience I've ever gone through, with frequent appointments. Before embarking on it, I didn't realize how many different staff and doctors I would interact with in a large group practice with multiple locations. Due to the size of the practice, I felt like I could always get an appointment when I needed, but sometimes it was very impersonal due to interacting with staff or providers who didn't know me or my case.