RMA of Philadelphia

Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
1151 Old York Rd
1015 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215.922.1556

Treated 2015 - 2019
Some days I felt unimportant because he [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] never elaborates, but when I have needed answers and pushed for me, he has provided that for me...He is not an alarmist - he only gives you the information you need, and I think that’s to keep you for over analyzing or overthinking. I do, though, prefer to have more knowledge than I may need, so this has bothered me from time to time. When in his care, you need to have the mindset that he’s a professional and you need to trust him. Sometimes this can be hard for me, but I have seen many people have great success with him, so I do trust him.
I was put on the antagonist protocol. He [Dr. Castelbaum] never explained the logic for this protocol. This yielded 14 eggs and resulted in 10 frozen embryos. We transferred 1 embryo each time. First transfer resulted in a negative test and the second resulted in a miscarriage...My only complaint is that there were a few times (twice maybe?) they forgot to call in my medication. This problem was easily rectified by calling the after hours service. The on call doctor would call my prescriptions in for me. Aside from that, the nursing team was my rock. They encouraged me, cheered me on, and always took the extra time to explain everything to me. They have been phenomenal.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is a very smart man. He is not an alarmist - he only gives you the information you need, and I think that’s to keep you for over analyzing or overthinking. I do, though, prefer to have more knowledge than I may need, so this has bothered me from time to time. When in his care, you need to have the mindset that he’s a professional and you need to trust him. Sometimes this can be hard for me, but I have seen many people have great success with him, so I do trust him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Ask for more information when you need it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
It was kind of neutral. Some days I felt unimportant because he never elaborates, but when I have needed answers and pushed for me, he has provided that for me.
Describe the protocols Arthur Castelbaum used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I was put on the antagonist protocol. He never explained the logic for this protocol. This yielded 14 eggs and resulted in 10 frozen embryos. We transferred 1 embryo each time. First transfer resulted in a negative test and the second resulted in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It’s very difficult to get in touch with the person you’re looking to talk to. You can’t call directly through to an office - you speak to someone who puts a message in to your office and then they call you back when they can. This isn’t convenient for my line of work because I can’t talk at certain times throughout the day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia.
The cost of an IUI cycle was approximately $1,000 and for an egg retrieval and transfer, it cost just over $10,000.
Describe Arthur Castelbaum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
I appreciate his conservative approach because the thought of carrying multiples worries me due to the increased health risks for myself and potential babies.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Minor problems - one being they didn’t upload my FET calendar of medication so they had to recreate it. Twice (out of many, many cycles), they forgot to call in my prescriptions.
Arthur Castelbaum
Treated 2015 - 2019
She [Dr. Jacqueline Gutmann] took time to explain the plan and seemed to truly care about our results...Overall I would say her methods are on the traditional/conservative side. While I appreciate her not pushing any products or treatments that don't have proven success rates, I do wish we would explore more out of the box options. Overall, I feel a sense of trust working with Dr. Gutman and feel like she truly cares about my outcome.
The RMA Nursing staff is amazing. They know their patients, listen, and really care. They are always available for questions and quick with responses...I received conflicting instructions for post retrieval meds after my first cycle...When I called in to get clarification, the nurse was even confused. Thankfully, I made friends with one of the nurse practitioners and was able to text her directly for clarification...We never had the option to transfer more than one embryo. However for our IUI with injections, Dr. Gutman was ok with proceeding with 3 or 4 mature follicles.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Gutman is very patient, caring and experienced. While you can tell she is very busy with many patients, the appointments never felt rushed. If questions aren't asked, she won't got into much detail. However when questions are asked, she will tell you what she is was thinking. Overall I would say her methods are on the traditional/conservative side. While I appreciate her not pushing any products or treatments that don't have proven success rates, I do wish we would explore more out of the box options. Overall, I feel a sense of trust working with Dr. Gutman and feel like she truly cares about my outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
If you have a question, ask it. Don't assume. She doesn't give much detail if you don't ask for it. If you want to try something new, you need to start that conversation as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt treated like a human. She took time to explain the plan and seemed to truly care about our results.
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Gutmann used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I have been through 2 IVF cycles with Dr. Gutman. The first cycle we used BC for a week prior to starting stims. We then followed the agonist protocol with an aggressive med list. We did 300 follistim iu and 75iu menopur for twelve nights. About a week into stims, we realized I wasn't responding to the meds as we would expect for someone my age. I was producing fewer eggs than normal. The word "cancel" was tossed around once or twice, however we went through with the retrieval. 8 follicles were retrieved, 6 were mature, 4 fertilized and made it to day 5, however only 1 was able to transferred. That round ended in a negative beta. We took a month off, and then started another round of stims. This time instead of BC, we primed with estrogen ( we thought the BC may have suppressed me too much). We then did the same agonist protocol with the same dosages. We stimmed another twelve nights and all monitoring appointments showed more follicles than the first round. However, retrieval yielded only 7 follicles, and none fertilized. We haven't done another IVF cycle since then. We have done 4 IUI's with follistim and follistim/clomid. The first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The other three ended in negative betas. Each IUI showed at least 3 mature follicles.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Strengths: RMA truly wants the best for their patients. They are experienced and make you feel like a human, not a number. Weaknesses: They are busy, so if you don't have questions, they won't get into details. If you are questioning anything or everything, don't be afraid to ask and don't feel bad about it. It is their job to explain what is going on. One major downside to the clinic is the price. They don't offer any bundled packages and they need everything up front. IVF is EXPENSIVE and usually takes more than one try- it all adds up very quickly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Philadelphia.
Early morning monitoring appointments were hit or miss. Some days I would be in and out very quickly, other days I would be there for almost an hour. I would say they were usually on the quicker side for the most part, however there were still a handful of times that took way longer than needed. The days that did take long however, once I got into the monitoring room, I did not feel rushed out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia.
My insurance covered monitoring and bloodwork for IUI cycles. Nothing was covered for IVF. RMA prices are high and they don't offer any bundled packages which is the main reason I am holding back on moving forward with another cycle. If they offered better more affordable options, I would have started another retrieval already because I do feel comfortable and trust them. They did offer a tiny discount however with my next cycle being my third round, I was hoping for a deeper discount than offered.
Describe Jacqueline Gutmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I received conflicting instructions for post retrieval meds after my first cycle. My take hoe instructions said one thing, while the scripts said another. When I called in to get clarification, the nurse was even confused. Thankfully, I made friends with one of the nurse practitioners and was able to text her directly for clarification.
Treated 2014 - 2019
I wish I would see Dr. Freedman more often as well as hear from him throughout a cycle. I know he is making decisions behind the scenes, but I usually only hear about them through the nursing team. He makes small adjustments as needed, but I'm not always aware of what those changes are expected to accomplish.... Several times Dr. Freedman has called late at night to discuss results and discuss next steps.
The clinic [RMA of PA- King of Prussia] has flexible scheduling and is great about getting you in when you need to get there. Even my consultation appointment was made earlier because they called with a cancellation. They usually run on time and are always quick to respond to questions.... Before a hystroscopy test the staff failed to tell me that I must abstain from sex for a given time beforehand. When they were asking me questions the day prior to the procedure they realized that I had sex too close to ovulation. They wanted to cancel my procedure prior to speaking with the doctor. I had to insist that they ask him and ensured them that I was willing to take any potential risk involved
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Come with lots of questions and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Martin Freedman used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My first retrieval I did 2 weeks of birth control followed by an antagonist protocol. Part way through my Menopur dosage was raised. I stimmed for 11 days and retrieved 8 eggs, all were mature, 6 fertilized, and 2 made it to blast. Both came back mosaic. My second protocol we eliminated the birth control because Dr. Freedman thought it may have over suppressed me and we could get more eggs. Same medicine and we retrieved 13 eggs, 8 were mature, 6 fertilized, and none made it to blast. We were shocked and have no good reason why it happened. I am planning a microdose lupron protocol next month.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic has flexible scheduling and is great about getting you in when you need to get there. Even my consultation appointment was made earlier because they called with a cancellation. They usually run on time and are always quick to respond to questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia.
Currently covered by insurance
Describe Martin Freedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
He is very adamant that single is best, especially at my age.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Before a hystroscopy test the staff failed to tell me that I must abstain from sex for a given time beforehand. When they were asking me questions the day prior to the procedure they realized that I had sex too close to ovulation. They wanted to cancel my procedure prior to speaking with the doctor. I had to insist that they ask him and ensured them that I was willing to take any potential risk involved.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Gutmann and the staff have been great in communicating and answering questions. For our current treatment cycle she has agreed to do a mock Natural FET which is something she normally doesn't do but has agreed to let us try. She is willing to collaborate with us while giving us her professional recommendation.... She is very blunt and straightforward, but underneath there is a wicked sense of humor, which both my husband and I appreciate. Her personality fits well with us and we appreciate her ongoing collaboration in our treatment.
I like that the location [RMA of Phil] I go to is small. I see either the nurse practitioner or doctor every visit. Monitoring on weekends is convenient... For major procedures like egg retrieval, FET, etc we had to travel to the King of Prussia office but other than that all procedures were done locally.... [monitoring] was very smooth, they take patients for sonograms on a first come, first serve basis. Bloodwork can take a bit more time since it is done in the outpatient lab but is not usually too long of a wait. RMA patients are expedited in the outpatient center.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Gutmann is very candid and thorough. She is very blunt and straightforward, but underneath there is a wicked sense of humor, which both my husband and I appreciate. Her personality fits well with us and we appreciate her ongoing collaboration in our treatment.
She is very thorough and knowledgeable. She is a straightshooter and is very clinical in her assessments. Some people not like or appreciate that, but I do.
We started with clomid and timed intercourse. I did not like clomid and the side effects that occurred with it and we quickly moved on to injectable meds with timed intercourse. She was very candid about her treatment plan and why she recommended moving on to IVF when she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa is the glue that holds the Mechanicsburg office together. She is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I like that the location I go to is small. I see either the nurse practitioner or doctor every visit. Monitoring on weekends is convenient, I'm lucky to live 10 minutes from the office and hospital (where weekend monitoring appointments are). For major procedures like egg retrieval, FET, etc we had to travel to the King of Prussia office but other than that all procedures were done locally.
It was very smooth, they take patients for sonograms on a first come, first serve basis. Bloodwork can take a bit more time since it is done in the outpatient lab but is not usually too long of a wait. RMA patients are expedited in the outpatient center.
Our treatment leading up to IVF was covered under insurance. I appreciate that she did not recommend IUIs (which would not be covered under my insurance). Stating that they don't produce good outcomes and we would most likely end up needing IVF. Total cost of IVF cycle with medication cost approximately $16k
She prefers to transfer one embryo at a time due to the risks multiples create. I wanted to have a discussion about transferring two, which she happily obliged.
Mechanicsburg

Dr. Gutmann answered all of my questions thoroughly. She is rather clinical about the diagnostic process as well as when she explained various intervention options. However, she clearly is competent and passionate.... The clinic [RMA of PA] has you complete a through form outlining your medical history and history trying to conceive. During my initial appointment with her, Dr. Gutmann reviewed my answers with me and asked follow up questions when needed. My husband had to participate by phone and she answered his questions as well as mine. She explained the benefit of getting a HSG completed. I ended up getting my HSG done by her a few weeks later.
The clinic [RMA of PA] has you complete a through form outlining your medical history and history trying to conceive. During my initial appointment with her, Dr. Gutmann reviewed my answers with me and asked follow up questions when needed.... I recall the first nurse who explained to me the blood tests that would be ordered was very kind and did a good job of explaining things.... You were able to do lab work through the clinic which was convenient. They told me someone would call to talk about finances, which was followed through on. I never had to wait long.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
I saw Dr. Gutmann primarily for our diagnostic work up as we then moved out of state. The clinic has you complete a through form outlining your medical history and history trying to conceive. During my initial appointment with her, Dr. Gutmann reviewed my answers with me and asked follow up questions when needed. My husband had to participate by phone and she answered his questions as well as mine. She explained the benefit of getting a HSG completed. I ended up getting my HSG done by her a few weeks later. I was very nervous and found the procedure to be painful She was kind and compassionate throughout.
She will be direct and very scientific about what your chances are of conceiving.
I saw Dr. Gutmann for diagnostic workup.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
As I saw this clinic for diagnostic, I didn't interact with the nurses very much nor was I in a position to be assigned a nurse. I recall the first nurse who explained to me the blood tests that would be ordered was very kind and did a good job of explaining things.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Again, I did not receive any intervention through this clinic. You were able to do lab work through the clinic which was convenient. They told me someone would call to talk about finances, which was followed through on. I never had to wait long.
My diagnostic tests were covered by my insurance.
Treated 2017
Dr. Guttman is very knowledgeable and up to date on latest research. I trust her medical advice but her communication is not good. She does not explain things in detail. For example, she just says "looks good". Other REs that I have seen in the same practice actually explain to you the ultrasound, what they see on the screen, not just "looks good"...Each person reacts differently to the medication and there are things that should change after reflecting or taking into account what worked and didn't work last cycle. Unfortunately, I didn't feel that this was being done. It felt like a one size fits all kind of approach.
They are very organized, follow the rules and try to have a good system in place. The rooms are always clean and waiting rooms are quiet. As a new patient, if you need hand holding see Dr. Freedman, he has great empathy and explains things well. If you want someone direct, data driven, and up to date on research see Dr. Castelbaum...Most nurses are great and feel for you. Some prefer to give you their advice instead of having the doctor call you about your concerns but if you ask to speak with the doctor they will do that. As with everything, make sure to stay on top of your treatment, ask questions and be clear about your steps because they will miss things and forget to tell you things.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Guttman is very knowledgeable and up to date on latest research. I trust her medical advice but her communication is not good. She does not explain things in detail. For example, she just says "looks good". Other REs that I have seen in the same practice actually explain to you the ultrasound, what they see on the screen, not just "looks good". It is important to know for yourself what is going on because how else will you be able to make a decision.
If you need hand holding find another doctor. If you go, you'll need to be a very strong advocate of your options.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
They are very organized, follow the rules and try to have a good system in place. The rooms are always clean and waiting rooms are quiet. As a new patient, if you need hand holding see Dr. Freedman, he has great empathy and explains things well. If you want someone direct, data driven, and up to date on research see Dr. Castelbaum. Unfortunately, they work out of the other locations not center city.
Strong preference for eSET not multiple.
Philadelphia
I generally had good interactions with Dr. Freedman. I rarely saw or spoke to him during my cycles, but I saw him each time at pregnancy ultrasounds. During ultrasound appointments it often seemed like he was busy, which I am sure he was...Be willing to do most of your interactions with the nurses at this practice...I did three IUIs with Letrozole. There wasn't really an explanation for the medication or dosages. When I asked the nurse about next steps after the second unsuccessful IUI, she pretty much conveyed that she wasn't sure, but probably the same thing. I asked for the dose to be increased and it was.
I almost exclusively interacted with the nursing staff [at RMA of Philadelphia] which was mostly fine, but I wish there was more debriefing after unsuccessful cycles and involvement in the "game plan." After experiencing a miscarriage, I was never contacted by the clinic and they didn't follow my beta hcg down to zero...You often see different nurses and doctors at your appointments...Some IUI cycles weren't covered by insurance and those were $1000, plus cost of medicine.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Be willing to do most of your interactions with the nurses at this practice.
You often see different nurses and doctors at your appointments. Dr. Freeman returned my direct messages, but nurses communicated the majority of the time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
I had brief experiences with nurses at this practice during blood work, ultrasounds, IUIs and calls with results. They were fine.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I like that this office has early monitoring appointments starting at 7:00am. I was given Dr. Freedman's card with his email, which he responded to promptly. I almost exclusively interacted with the nursing staff which was mostly fine, but I wish there was more debriefing after unsuccessful cycles and involvement in the "game plan." After experiencing a miscarriage, I was never contacted by the clinic and they didn't follow my beta hcg down to zero.
RMA of Philadelphia
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
Treated 2012 - 2015
She [Dr. Gutmann] is a good advocate, competent with both medical and procedural aspects of infertility medicine. My success was limited in part to the fact that my insurance coverage was limited and affordable injection medicine was not available to me...She never used the term unexplained infertility but I suspect that is what I have. We planned on injections but insurance would only cover it if the medicine was given in a medical short procedure unit. When I informed her of that , she didn’t think it was a good idea
[RMA of Phila] Efficient, accessible, comfortable....Parking was good. Business staff helpful. Place is clean, modern equipment. Short wait time for appointment booking. Short time in waiting room. Good magazine selection...[Nursing Staff] Pretty knowledgeable and thorough....She [Dr. Gutmann] is a good advocate, competent with both medical and procedural aspects of infertility medicine...I had to pay out of pocket for sperm
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
She is a good advocate, competent with both medical and procedural aspects of infertility medicine. My success was limited in part to the fact that my insurance coverage was limited and affordable injection medicine was not available to me
Start your infertility journey early and don’t mess around with IUI. Go straight to IVF, donor eggs, whatever. I personally believe that if you cannot get pregnant naturally IUI is not enough to get you pregnant. Be more aggressive in pursuing pregnancy
She was very determined and committed to helping me get pregnant
We used Clomid, letrozole and IUI. I have regular cycle, normal uterus and endometrial lining. Tubes were patent. She never used the term unexplained infertility but I suspect that is what I have. We planned on injections but insurance would only cover it if the medicine was given in a medical short procedure unit. When I informed her of that , she didn’t think it was a good idea
Pretty knowledgeable and thorough
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Efficient, accessible, comfortable. 200 words? Really? Parking was good. Business staff helpful. Place is clean, modern equipment. Short wait time for appointment booking. Short time in waiting room. Good magazine selection
I had HRA plan. I had expected costs. My pharmacy plan did not cover injections. I had to pay out of pocket for sperm
No experience

Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Jacqueline Gutmann] is a little blunt and to the point but is compassionate as well, which I have found is a great mix for a doctor to have. She also took the time to call me personally after my failed cycles and to provide feedback on next steps. She came up with a new protocol for us which we were so thankful for. Overall, I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help in conceiving...As we PGS tested our embryos and as we are u dear 35, Dr. Gutmann would only let us transfer one embryo. This is the general practice at RMA.
We have been pleased with RMA’s clinic and surgery center. Appointment times are generally on time. Location in King if Prussia is great for us and they have lots of other convenient locations in the area...Overall the nursing staff is pleasant to work with. There are a few nurses that I see more than others since I go to the same RMA location. They remember me and are professional and attentive...we PGS tested our embryos and as we are u dear 35, Dr. Gutmann would only let us transfer one embryo. This is the general practice at RMA.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
We have been seeing Dr. Gutmann for almost a year. She is extremely knowledgeable and I trust her with my care. We have had a couple different procedures with her and she is always very professional. She is a little blunt and to the point but is compassionate as well, which I have found is a great mix for a doctor to have. She also took the time to call me personally after my failed cycles and to provide feedback on next steps. She came up with a new protocol for us which we were so thankful for. Overall, I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help in conceiving.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We had insurance coverage during our treatment.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Guzman was great, very candid and to the point, I just felt like a number and our situation was not paid any attention. I had to call to check on the status of our charts, whether plans with our other doctors were communicated and the status of results and file updates.... We were on the treatment path for male factor and then changed doctors... Lack of communication with our urologist and they forgot to reach out to us with our plan and status and I was no longer considered a patient and needed to go through the orientation process twice.
The office [RMA of Philadelphia] was always packed, and I frequently waited more than an hour. I felt like we had to describe our situation in detail every time, which was painful.... The nurses were very kind, but they did seem to be managing a lot... Lack of communication with our urologist and they forgot to reach out to us with our plan and status and I was no longer considered a patient and needed to go through the orientation process twice.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Ask questions, do your research, come win questions and be prepared to be the facilitator with any other doctors esp urologists
The office was always packed, and I frequently waited more than an hour. I felt like we had to describe our situation in detail every time, which was painful.
We were on the treatment path for male factor and then changed doctors
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses were very kind, but they did seem to be managing a lot
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Be prepared to wait for your appointment at the clinic. Come prepared with questions and know your insurance protocols beforehand. Never feel like your question may be too minor, bc they deal with this every day!
Pretty standard
Not applicable
Treated 2017 - 2018
We chose IUI first and did 6 rounds of clomid with IUI [at RMA of Philadelphia]...[The nurses are] Very nice and good at their jobs...Very on top of patient relationship and quick. Get you and in and out. Flexible on appt times or lateness. Good on explaining things and keeping you updated on what is going on. I didn’t mind getting my blood drawn because they were good...He [Dr. Schlaff] is very kind and supportive. Definitely on the side of his patients but also factual and realistic. So as much as he wanted it for us, he could not control the outcome...I want a doctor to dig deeper and I feel like he did not. He was helpful in getting us a reason for pregnancy not to be occurring and I feel he took the perfect first steps but as it didn’t work I think we should have been more aggressive in next steps. He was super compassionate as I was scared about all the firsts and he did a good job at explaining everything.
How was your experience with William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
Be your own best advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
He is very kind and supportive. Definitely on the side of his patients but also factual and realistic. So as much as he wanted it for us, he could not control the outcome.
Describe the protocols William Schlaff used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
We chose IUI first and did 6 rounds of clomid with IUI. One of the rounds we did not do IUI. I forget why.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Very nice and good at their jobs.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Not sure. Used insurance.
William Schlaff
Philadelphia
She [Dr. Gutmann] spent almost an hour going over our previous treatments. She answered our questions throughly and never once rushed us through any of our appointments...So far it has been an excellent experience. She has been very thoughtful and has been ordering tests for issues that were not previously followed up on by my prior doctor. She has been excellent with communicating with me and her office always follows up within 24 hours
the nurses [at RMA of Philadelphia] have been great at following up so far. The staff has been organized and they have done an excellent job in scheduling. The one thing that has so far not been a problem but I am aware of is that often times I get duplicate calls from the nursing staff regarding the same test results etc...She [Dr. Gutmann] spent almost an hour going over our previous treatments. She answered our questions throughly and never once rushed us through any of our appointments
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
She spent almost an hour going over our previous treatments. She answered our questions throughly and never once rushed us through any of our appointments
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I have not been with this clinic long but the nurses have been great at following up so far. The staff has been organized and they have done an excellent job in scheduling. The one thing that has so far not been a problem but I am aware of is that often times I get duplicate calls from the nursing staff regarding the same test results etc
Treated 2014 - 2016
She [Dr. Nguyen] really listened to our struggles and wanted to make a realistic plan for us, not for her or the clinic. She was encouraging each step of the way and even encouraged us to apply for a grant (which we received!)...Dr. Nguyen was very personable...We went for an aggressive egg retrieval protocol due to my infertility issues. All injectables and worked with my insurance to find the best cost sensitive medications... I wish she did the egg retrieval, I didn't care for that physician's personality and approach.
Sometimes phone calls [at RMA of Philadelphia] weren't well timed or communicated...The office is very small and outdated. I also wish I could have stayed local for the egg retrieval rather than drive 2 hours away for a procedure...We went for an aggressive egg retrieval protocol due to my infertility issues. All injectables and worked with my insurance to find the best cost sensitive medications...I wish she [Dr. Nguyen] did the egg retrieval, I didn't care for that physician's personality and approach.
How was your experience with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at RMA of Philadelphia?
She really listened to our struggles and wanted to make a realistic plan for us, not for her or the clinic. She was encouraging each step of the way and even encouraged us to apply for a grant (which we received!).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at RMA of Philadelphia?
Less time with other providers in the office. I wish she did the egg retrieval, I didn't care for that physician's personality and approach.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Nguyen was very personable and made plans with me, for my situation, not just regular IVF.
Describe the protocols Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Sometimes phone calls weren't well timed or communicated.
Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen

Treated 2015
[The staff] are just very good and are very supportive. They call when they are supposed to and email you if you don't pick up.
How was your experience with Caleb Kallen at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Kallen does allow you to email and he will often return messages directly by phone if it is something pressing or important. He is very much a scientist and thinks about things in terms of percentages. Sometimes I think he knows what we should do next, but almost involves us too much in the decisions, but I am not sure if that is because both my fiancé and I are also doctors!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caleb Kallen at RMA of Philadelphia?
Be very very direct with your questions and most important ask at every step how you are expected to feel. Also, ask what is the "usual" experience for a woman with a similar health profile. I was surprised by how I felt after egg retrieval and also how many embryos actually are mature, fertilize, and then grow! There is a drop off at every step and no one explained that to us! We will know better now if we have to do more rounds!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
They are just very good and are very supportive. They call when they are supposed to and email you if you don't pick up.
Caleb Kallen

Treated 2015
Dr Freedman was very nice. He explained everything as it was going to happen. He was very thorough. He was also always on time. It was a nice clean facility and always had follow up calls. Great time.... They [RMA of Philadelphia] need to learn to communicate a little better with appointments. They seem rushed at times. They were great getting you in the morning but I feel like I was always being dug at with the needle for blood work. It made me nervous.... The staff were really nice.
They [RMA of Philadelphia] need to learn to communicate a little better with appointments. They seem rushed at times. They were great getting you in the morning but I feel like I was always being dug at with the needle for blood work. It made me nervous....The staff were really nice.... Dr Freedman was very nice. He explained everything as it was going to happen. He was very thorough. He was also always on time. It was a nice clean facility and always had follow up calls. Great time.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
The staff were really nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
They need to learn to communicate a little better with appointments. They seem rushed at times. They were great getting you in the morning but I feel like I was always being dug at with the needle for blood work. It made me nervous.