RMA of Philadelphia

Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
1151 Old York Rd
Philadelphia
1015 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215.922.1556

Dr. Guttman is extremely informed of current research and trends. She provides as much information as you ask her for--ask lots of questions if you want more info. She tends to regulate the information she gives on the patient's needs. And doesn't get tired on answering questions, ever...was very attentive, and adapted to my needs in how she treated me. She was especially supportive and empathetic if I was ever in pain during a test or procedure, she checked in on me regularly and didn't rush when I asked additional information about further research and context.
I had to request they [RMA of Philadelphia] send information to my primary care doctor a few times before it was completed. Also, they didn't let me know my thyroid results were super high before the last insemination...As a single woman in this process, the warmth of the clinic substantially helped my sense of loneliness at being in this journey. The staff became my community I could count on for a smile everytime. weaknesses: only thing on my last insemination, didn't give me thyroid blood tests back before the insemination.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Ask lots of questions, you'll find a wealth of information. Check test results before your insemination, too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Guttman was very attentive, and adapted to my needs in how she treated me. She was especially supportive and empathetic if I was ever in pain during a test or procedure, she checked in on me regularly and didn't rush when I asked additional information about further research and context.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Loved Kelly, I was excited everytime I saw her, extremely warm, compassionate, and professional, too.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Strengths: they are extremely organized, give timely call-backs, and are super-clean, and super friendly. June always said hi warmly when I arrived and remembered me offering comfort. As a single woman in this process, the warmth of the clinic substantially helped my sense of loneliness at being in this journey. The staff became my community I could count on for a smile everytime. weaknesses: only thing on my last insemination, didn't give me thyroid blood tests back before the insemination.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia.
costs were excellent, mostly covered by my insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I had to request they send information to my primary care doctor a few times before it was completed. Also, they didn't let me know my thyroid results were super high before the last insemination.
Treated 2012 - 2015
She [Dr. Gutmann] is a good advocate, competent with both medical and procedural aspects of infertility medicine. My success was limited in part to the fact that my insurance coverage was limited and affordable injection medicine was not available to me...She never used the term unexplained infertility but I suspect that is what I have. We planned on injections but insurance would only cover it if the medicine was given in a medical short procedure unit. When I informed her of that , she didn’t think it was a good idea
[RMA of Phila] Efficient, accessible, comfortable....Parking was good. Business staff helpful. Place is clean, modern equipment. Short wait time for appointment booking. Short time in waiting room. Good magazine selection...[Nursing Staff] Pretty knowledgeable and thorough....She [Dr. Gutmann] is a good advocate, competent with both medical and procedural aspects of infertility medicine...I had to pay out of pocket for sperm
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
She is a good advocate, competent with both medical and procedural aspects of infertility medicine. My success was limited in part to the fact that my insurance coverage was limited and affordable injection medicine was not available to me
Start your infertility journey early and don’t mess around with IUI. Go straight to IVF, donor eggs, whatever. I personally believe that if you cannot get pregnant naturally IUI is not enough to get you pregnant. Be more aggressive in pursuing pregnancy
She was very determined and committed to helping me get pregnant
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Gutmann used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
We used Clomid, letrozole and IUI. I have regular cycle, normal uterus and endometrial lining. Tubes were patent. She never used the term unexplained infertility but I suspect that is what I have. We planned on injections but insurance would only cover it if the medicine was given in a medical short procedure unit. When I informed her of that , she didn’t think it was a good idea
Pretty knowledgeable and thorough
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Efficient, accessible, comfortable. 200 words? Really? Parking was good. Business staff helpful. Place is clean, modern equipment. Short wait time for appointment booking. Short time in waiting room. Good magazine selection
I had HRA plan. I had expected costs. My pharmacy plan did not cover injections. I had to pay out of pocket for sperm
Describe Jacqueline Gutmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
No experience

Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Jacqueline Gutmann] is a little blunt and to the point but is compassionate as well, which I have found is a great mix for a doctor to have. She also took the time to call me personally after my failed cycles and to provide feedback on next steps. She came up with a new protocol for us which we were so thankful for. Overall, I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help in conceiving...As we PGS tested our embryos and as we are u dear 35, Dr. Gutmann would only let us transfer one embryo. This is the general practice at RMA.
We have been pleased with RMA’s clinic and surgery center. Appointment times are generally on time. Location in King if Prussia is great for us and they have lots of other convenient locations in the area...Overall the nursing staff is pleasant to work with. There are a few nurses that I see more than others since I go to the same RMA location. They remember me and are professional and attentive...we PGS tested our embryos and as we are u dear 35, Dr. Gutmann would only let us transfer one embryo. This is the general practice at RMA.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
We have been seeing Dr. Gutmann for almost a year. She is extremely knowledgeable and I trust her with my care. We have had a couple different procedures with her and she is always very professional. She is a little blunt and to the point but is compassionate as well, which I have found is a great mix for a doctor to have. She also took the time to call me personally after my failed cycles and to provide feedback on next steps. She came up with a new protocol for us which we were so thankful for. Overall, I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help in conceiving.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We had insurance coverage during our treatment.
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has a] Very good bedside manner and patience. Did not personalize my treatment or change protocol after multiple losses. Was willing to discuss other treatment options but would not prescribe himself. Referred to different doctors and forced to jump through hoops...Do not use if you have a history of miscarriages...Only willing to do single embryo transfer...Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time.
Poor scheduling [at RMA of Philadelphia]. Not willing to work around your schedule. Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time. Friendly and clean environment. Comfortable waiting area...The nursing staff was wonderful...[Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has a] Very good bedside manner and patience. Did not personalize my treatment or change protocol after multiple losses. Was willing to discuss other treatment options but would not
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Do not use if you have a history of miscarriages
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Good bedside manner. Did not personalize my care or protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was wonderful
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Poor scheduling. Not willing to work around your schedule. Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time. Friendly and clean environment. Comfortable waiting area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia.
It was covered under insurance
Describe Arthur Castelbaum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
Only willing to do single embryo transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Only one time did they fail to call me with results. Otherwise the staff was excellent
King of Prussia
[Dr. Jacqueline Guttman] is very knowledgeable, responsive and caring. If you ask her a question she not only has an answer but will often relate it to what study the information is from. Her knowledge is very comforting in a scary process. She's done a fantastic job and as a result we're currently 9 weeks pregnant. We would absolutely recommend her to any friends or family...clearly cared about my wife and helping us succeed in becoming parents.
RMA [of Philadelphia] always treated my wife and me well. They're finance department will advocate for you to your insurance company on your behalf. The nursing staff made my wife feel at ease during her visits. The equipment and technology they use is astonishing. They're very responsive to phone calls and emails with questions...Dr. Guttman is very knowledgeable, responsive and caring. If you ask her a question she not only has an answer but will often relate it to what study the information is from. Her knowledge is very comforting in a scary process. She's done a fantastic job and as a result we're currently 9 weeks pregnant. We would absolutely recommend her to any friends or family.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Guttman clearly cared about my wife and helping us succeed in becoming parents.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
RMA always treated my wife and me well. They're finance department will advocate for you to your insurance company on your behalf. The nursing staff made my wife feel at ease during her visits. The equipment and technology they use is astonishing. They're very responsive to phone calls and emails with questions.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[Dr.Jacqueline Gutman] I felt very welcomed and cared for while there. She gave her diagnosis and treatment plan with a very direct answer. She was veery compassionate and understanding to our needs. If a treatment did not work, she would have a back up plan or offer to try again. She does not give up....She was very understanding and caring....
The staff [RMA of Phila - King of Prussia] leaves all the patients feel very welcomed. They are willing to take time to answer any questions that you may have. They do not rush you out. They are very compassionate and understanding to what we are going through....[Nursing Staff] Very compassionate always felt welcomed...I felt very welcomed and cared for while there.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
She is very compassionate and understanding.
She was very understanding and caring.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Very compassionate always felt welcomed
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The staff leaves all the patients feel very welcomed. They are willing to take time to answer any questions that you may have. They do not rush you out. They are very compassionate and understanding to what we are going through.
Treated 2014 - 2019
I had unexplained infertility until our first consult with [Dr. Castelbaum]. As soon as he did an ultrasound he diagnosed me with Endometriosis and we made the decision to try IVF... He often talks about how enjoys his ongoing relationships with his patients, we are repeat customers over five years and despite our various journey with each transfer, Dr. C has guided us with the information we needed to make the best choice for us. He might appear too direct for some, but when you are making life decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing, you want truth, not someone pushing you in one direction or another, or providing a false sense of what might be.
All the doctors at RMA have their own way of showing compassion while also being realistic. I never felt like a number...they always were kind and efficient. Any time I called with a question, the nursing staff would be quick with a reply after they consulted with my doctor (depending on the issue)...All the doctors I have interacted with over the past five years have been knowledgeable, science driven, and compassionate. Of the two offices I used for appointments, both were mediocre with wait times for both blood work and ultrasounds because most women who want to fit in their appointment before work are all being "seen" at 7am...which is impossible.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
We've been using RMA and Dr. C since 2014 and if you are seeking fertility treatments, you are also seeking expertise, compassion, and facts. In total, we've completed one IUI, one egg retrieval procedure, and five frozen embryo transfers. We had two births, one miscarriage, one unsuccessful transfer, and are currently expecting our third. It's a rollercoaster and Dr. C has always been informative and never gives false hope. Our first transfer was successful, but after a failed transfer and a miscarriage, we regrouped with Dr. C to discuss options for the remaining embryos because it was getting expensive and emotionally taxing. Dr. C provided us with the research, facts, and risks with genetic testing the remaining embryos and ultimately left the decision up to us. After we decided to move forward with testing, Dr. C supported it and it resulted in another birth and we are currently pregnant. He often talks about how enjoys his ongoing relationships with his patients, we are repeat customers over five years and despite our various journey with each transfer, Dr. C has guided us with the information we needed to make the best choice for us. He might appear too direct for some, but when you are making life decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing, you want truth, not someone pushing you in one direction or another, or providing a false sense of what might be.
Dr. C is a mix of kindness, quirky, and direct. Don't be put off by his directness and appreciate the quirky.
Describe the protocols Arthur Castelbaum used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I had unexplained infertility until our first consult with Dr. C. As soon as he did an ultrasound he diagnosed me with Endometriosis and we made the decision to try IVF. We proceeded with an egg stimulus process and egg retrieval. He suggested I wait one full cycle for my body to recover from the retrieval before doing our first transfer. Although I was excited to do our first transfer, I realized my body needed time to recuperate and heeded Dr. C's advice. A year after the birth of our son, we returned to RMA and the next two transfers were unsuccessful (one negative, one miscarriage) and Dr. C suggested genetic testing for the remaining embryos. We moved forward with genetic testing with resulted in two (out of the five remaining) viable embryos. The next transfer resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth. We returned to RMA this January to use our final remaining embryo. During my mock transfer, the doctor saw a fibroid in my uterus. Dr. C suggested I have it removed prior to our last embryo transfer, as he wanted to remove any risk of the transfer not working. Again, although I was excited to do our last transfer, we heeded his advice again, and are now pregnant with that embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are who see prior to the doctor and they always were kind and efficient. Any time I called with a question, the nursing staff would be quick with a reply after they consulted with my doctor (depending on the issue).
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We were full pay out of pocket.
From the beginning, Dr. C advised against multiple embryo transfer because of the risks associated.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Within five years of using RMA (between births), I had one instance where the coordinator did not call me the day before my mock transfer, which is frustrating when trying to plan for work and childcare. When I called the day of my mock transfer, they seemed a bit unorganized. When they told me to arrive at noon with a full bladder, I waited for a full hour before I asked when my procedure was scheduled and was informed it wasn't until 1. I think they could be more sensitive to our time waiting with a full bladder and trust that we could arrive 15-20 minutes before our procedure.
King of Prussia
Dr. Castelbaum cared. I was not just rushed through appointments, it was not all just about numbers on a chart. He genuinely wants to help people grow their families and have healthy, successful pregnancies. He made me feel comfortable in an otherwise uncomfortable situation... He has a way of being extremely professional yet warm and supportive...Each cycle we did an IUI assisted w/ Clomid. We started me at only 50mg, because I was diagnosed as unexplained and medically speaking, I have no reason to be infertile, nor does my husband. For the 2nd and then the 3rd IUI, we did 100mg of Clomid, with intention to reevaluate the drugs we were using if the 3rd did not work. Luckily the 3rd time was the charm for me.
I met a lot of nurses over the different offices I visited with RMA, and I found every one to be kind, attentive, great at their job, and compassionate...The weakness is a couple of the front desk employees. Most are fantastic, but there are a couple who are very rude and insensitive. My bad experiences weren't really enough to overshadow the excellent care I received from the doctors and nurses, but I will say that the compassion of everyone who works there is critical, including the front desk staff. An IUI is not a fun procedure to need, and these treatments and appts become very stressful. To have someone be impatient with you or insensitive at such a delicate time can be enough to want to give up.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I really cannot thank Dr. Castelbaum enough for his help. Each failed IUI was very difficult, but it helped to know he was just as invested in the process. I think his genuine joy when we confirmed my pregnancy made a huge difference; healthy babies and families really matter to him. I also can't express how excellent his bedside manner is. He has a way of being extremely professional yet warm and supportive. I am typically not comfortable with male doctors, and this type of care can be especially uncomfortable with a man, but he couldn't have made me feel more comfortable throughout the process.
Tell him all of your concerns and ask him all your questions. He cares, he wants to make you feel at ease and he wants you to have all the information you need.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The strength of the clinic is their flexibility to be open so early in the morning, especially if you work full time. It is possible to go through this process with a full time job, even if it gets pretty tough. The weakness is a couple of the front desk employees. Most are fantastic, but there are a couple who are very rude and insensitive. My bad experiences weren't really enough to overshadow the excellent care I received from the doctors and nurses, but I will say that the compassion of everyone who works there is critical, including the front desk staff. An IUI is not a fun procedure to need, and these treatments and appts become very stressful. To have someone be impatient with you or insensitive at such a delicate time can be enough to want to give up.
I have very high coverage insurance, so I never paid more than my $15 copay for appointments. The one high cost I incurred was for the Ovidrel medication used once per cycle, as it was not covered by insurance. That was $170.
Treated 2015 - 2019
Some days I felt unimportant because he [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] never elaborates, but when I have needed answers and pushed for me, he has provided that for me...He is not an alarmist - he only gives you the information you need, and I think that’s to keep you for over analyzing or overthinking. I do, though, prefer to have more knowledge than I may need, so this has bothered me from time to time. When in his care, you need to have the mindset that he’s a professional and you need to trust him. Sometimes this can be hard for me, but I have seen many people have great success with him, so I do trust him.
I was put on the antagonist protocol. He [Dr. Castelbaum] never explained the logic for this protocol. This yielded 14 eggs and resulted in 10 frozen embryos. We transferred 1 embryo each time. First transfer resulted in a negative test and the second resulted in a miscarriage...My only complaint is that there were a few times (twice maybe?) they forgot to call in my medication. This problem was easily rectified by calling the after hours service. The on call doctor would call my prescriptions in for me. Aside from that, the nursing team was my rock. They encouraged me, cheered me on, and always took the extra time to explain everything to me. They have been phenomenal.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is a very smart man. He is not an alarmist - he only gives you the information you need, and I think that’s to keep you for over analyzing or overthinking. I do, though, prefer to have more knowledge than I may need, so this has bothered me from time to time. When in his care, you need to have the mindset that he’s a professional and you need to trust him. Sometimes this can be hard for me, but I have seen many people have great success with him, so I do trust him.
Ask for more information when you need it.
It was kind of neutral. Some days I felt unimportant because he never elaborates, but when I have needed answers and pushed for me, he has provided that for me.
I was put on the antagonist protocol. He never explained the logic for this protocol. This yielded 14 eggs and resulted in 10 frozen embryos. We transferred 1 embryo each time. First transfer resulted in a negative test and the second resulted in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It’s very difficult to get in touch with the person you’re looking to talk to. You can’t call directly through to an office - you speak to someone who puts a message in to your office and then they call you back when they can. This isn’t convenient for my line of work because I can’t talk at certain times throughout the day.
The cost of an IUI cycle was approximately $1,000 and for an egg retrieval and transfer, it cost just over $10,000.
I appreciate his conservative approach because the thought of carrying multiples worries me due to the increased health risks for myself and potential babies.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Minor problems - one being they didn’t upload my FET calendar of medication so they had to recreate it. Twice (out of many, many cycles), they forgot to call in my prescriptions.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I could never get in contact with him [Dr. Castelbaum] when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored...He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA...I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me...The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center...Nothing but un-monitored cycles. Does not want to change any dosage for medication and does not respect your wishes when you want to have a monitored cycle.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He put on a great show for my initial consult but after that was a train wreck. I had nothing but un-monitored cycles. I had an adverse reaction to a fertility medication that I was prescribed and was told to go see my ob/gyn..theres nothing that they can do for me. He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
Don't waste your time and do not fall for the caring doctor that he acts like he is during your consultation.
I could never get in contact with him when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center and the doctor was just lazy.
The insurance co-pays, the outside facility co-pays for blood work and imaging and the costs of the medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me. That was a lie. I had tests done at a location closer to me and I never got a call from the practice regarding to my results. There were also missing appointments that I was scheduled for.

Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr Castelbaum always made me feel important during every appointment. I never felt rushed during any visit and always took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had...My ovaries did not respond well to the medications and they only retrieved 4 eggs resulting in one embryo which did not work. Dr Castelbaum expressed his concerns but said we could try a more aggressive protocol and added in micro Lupron. I responded much better with the added medication. This time they got 19 eggs and I ended with 3 embryos. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in a miscarriage, and froze the rest. The first frozen transfer worked and I had a daughter. I just had my second frozen transfer which always worked!
RMA has knowledgeable, friendly medical professionals working there. They make you feel comfortable every time your there. They never rush you and spend as much time as needed to answer any questions. They always get back to you in a timely manner...The nursing staff at RMA is wonderful! Everyone knew me by name and made me feel so comfortable every time I went for an appointment. They were also always helpful with any questions or concerns I had...I paid total around $17,000 for the 2 fresh cycles. Medications for fresh cycle were around $3-4K (with discounts). The frozen cycle was $3,000 and meds were about $500.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum is amazing! I thought I would never have children of my own and now I have a daughter and another little one on the way! He gave me the family I was dreamed of! I HIGHLY recommend Dr Castelbaum and RMA!
If your having trouble conceiving, see Dr Castelbaum. You won’t regret it!
At every visit I was greeted by my first name as soon as I walked in the door. Dr Castelbaum always made me feel important during every appointment. I never felt rushed during any visit and always took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had.
I did two cycles of IVF. The first cycle I used Gonal-F, Meopur & cetrotide. My ovaries did not respond well to the medications and they only retrieved 4 eggs resulting in one embryo which did not work. Dr Castelbaum expressed his concerns but said we could try a more aggressive protocol and added in micro Lupron. I responded much better with the added medication. This time they got 19 eggs and I ended with 3 embryos. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in a miscarriage, and froze the rest. The first frozen transfer worked and I had a daughter. I just had my second frozen transfer which always worked!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
My insurance only covered diagnostics for IVF so most of the cost was out of pocket. I paid total around $17,000 for the 2 fresh cycles. Medications for fresh cycle were around $3-4K (with discounts). The frozen cycle was $3,000 and meds were about $500.
Langhorne
[RMA of Philadelphia] felt like a factory- being moved through. The staff often seemed annoyed. They lost test results and did not provide results from a test they performed despite three requests. I’m not sure if the issue was just being disorganized or the personalities of the staff, but we had issues on so many occasions, we moved on to another clinic. The atmosphere was not warm or inviting.... Then lost bloodwork results we provided and tried to rerun tests. When I stoped then from trying to do this, they told me I would have to come back after they had a chance to review things.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt like Dr Castelbaum has a very high opinion of himself and his clinic. He spent a lot of time talking about how his clinic did well when inspected by the FDA. This seemed like a strange thing to talk about during our consult with some difficult news. I felt like he was pressuring us to use a donor egg without asking how we felt about it. He really dumped a lot of difficult information on us at once without much compassion. He suggested we have a cry and beer at home before coming back and talking with him again. If felt very strange and like we were taking up space in his office is we weren’t totally on board with his plan after 5 minutes of discussion. He was very blunt and said “you’re a complicated case” immediately after we entered the room. He prescribed Clomid and did not offer to monitor or follow up with me. I had a very bad drug reaction and spoke with a nurse who said she spoke with the doctor and told me there was nothing they could do and I should see my general doctor. When I called a week later seeking guidance after I got my period, I spoke with a nurse who said she would talk to the doctor and get bs m to me and they never did. I’m so glad we went elsewhere!
Don’t expect a great deal of compassion. He is very blunt.
I felt like I was in a processing plant. At first I thought I liked Dr Castelbaum, but then I realized I didn’t feel comfortable with his demeanor. I felt like the office staff and nurses were often upset about something and our presence or questions were annoying them.
He prescribed clomid but had me start on day 6, which another doctor confirmed didn’t do anything. I had terrible side effects (tingling in limbs and panic attacks) and they did nothing to help me or advise me after I called reporting the side effects.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses lost the bloodwork results I provided twice. They then tried to redo some of the blood tests. I had to come back the next day because they wouldn’t look at the results I previously provided while I was there. They didn’t return am important call on one occasion. In general, I didn’t feel like they cared.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It felt like a factory- being moved through. The staff often seemed annoyed. They lost test results and did not provide results from a test they performed despite three requests. I’m not sure if the issue was just being disorganized or the personalities of the staff, but we had issues on so many occasions, we moved on to another clinic. The atmosphere was not warm or inviting.
The HSG test costs seemed high. Other costs were for office visits.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Then lost bloodwork results we provided and tried to rerun tests. When I stoped then from trying to do this, they told me I would have to come back after they had a chance to review things. It took 3 visits to sort this out and they still reran one of the tests I had just had done. Then also would not provide the results from my husbands tests after three requests ( 2 from us, one from our new doctor).
Treated 2015 - 2019
These nurses [at RMA of Philadelphia] cried with me during my losses, encouraged me to hold on to hope, and embraced me with my successes. I can't say enough positive things about them. No matter how many times I emailed or had questions, they always answered me as soon as possible and assured me I wasn't a bother and that this is what they were there for. I felt cared for with them... I did have a few issues with billing, but that wasn't their fault. My insurance is tricky and certain parts are carved out. Even through those issues, the billing staff were cooperative and willing to work with me to get this all straightened out.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I honestly can't think of a single weakness when it comes to Dr. Castelbaum. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, thorough, and kind. No two people are the same and he knows that and it shows in how he interacts with each of his patients. My husband and I brought embryos with us to Dr. Castelbaum from another facility. He was up front in telling us that he wanted his embryologist to review them because every clinic has their own guidelines for freezing and storing embryos and he wouldn't know what we had until they could look at them for themselves. After the first transfer with him from those embryos it resulted in a successful pregnancy where I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Upon returning to the office two years later we did 4 additional transfers. The first 2 were with our remaining embryos we had brought with us from the other facility. From those, we had 1 early miscarriage (blighted ovum) and 1 chemical pregnancy. We then did another round of injections for egg retrieval. First transfer from this round was a chemical pregnancy. Second transfer was successful and I'm currently 10 weeks, 3 days pregnant and was discharged to my OB a week ago. It's so easy to blame doctors for a failed embryo transfer. My failed transfers were devastating to me; but I also remember how shocked and upset Dr. Castelbaum was for us. We did not do genetic testing although it was recommended to us to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Even though we chose not to, we were never judged for it. I almost gave up after the third failed transfer. Emotionally, I didn't know if I could keep going. Mentally, I knew I wasn't ready to give up. I'll never forget what Dr. Castelbaum said to me on my last appointment: "I know you were ready to jump ship and I understand why. But I'm so glad you didn't. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. I'm glad I got to be a part of this and am so happy for you." These words will stick with me the rest of my life and I still tear up thinking about it. I could never thank him enough for all he's done for me and my husband.
Please realize Doctors are human. They can't give guaranteed results and they aren't perfect. Dr. Castelbaum loves what he does and it shows. If you want someone that will give you the brutal truth, yet deliver it in a compassionate way and someone who will truly fight for you Dr. Castelbaum is the guy to see.
I have been to two different facilities. The first one was like a meat market; standing room only and unless you had some news worthy fertility problem, you never saw the physicians, you always saw a nurse or a PA. At RMA I saw a Physician every time I went, and I was made to feel important. If I had to wait, I never minded because I knew the wait was due to them wanting to give every patient the same respect, time, and quality appointment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
These nurses cried with me during my losses, encouraged me to hold on to hope, and embraced me with my successes. I can't say enough positive things about them. No matter how many times I emailed or had questions, they always answered me as soon as possible and assured me I wasn't a bother and that this is what they were there for. I felt cared for with them.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is a reflection of those who work there. If you read my full review of the Doctors and staff, you'll agree this clinic is fantastic. I did have a few issues with billing, but that wasn't their fault. My insurance is tricky and certain parts are carved out. Even through those issues, the billing staff were cooperative and willing to work with me to get this all straightened out.
I had insurance coverage for almost all of my treatments.
Dr. Castelbaum is a strong believer in only transferring one embryo. I was hesitant to agree but after he gave us the facts, I understood why and I knew he had my best interest in mind.
Treated 2016 - 2018
All the nurses [RMA of Philadelphia] were extremely compassionate and helpful. They always called when they said they would. They relayed any information from the doctor and if I had questions, they would get the answer from the doctor and call back. They would call to remind me of medicines I needed to take and explained every step of the process. They made the process more bearable....The weakness is the billing department. They incorrectly billed several times. When I called to explain that they incorrectly billed, they weren't very pleasant to deal with.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum was very positive and kept my spirits up during the low points of fertility treatments. He seemed confident that he would help get me pregnant and he did. There were some roadblocks that we had to get through but he always found the solution. He misdiagnosed me with unexplained infertility at first. During IVF, hydrosalpinx was found on my one fallopian tube. He quickly set up surgery to remove the tube and assured me that my chances of IVF success would be the same after my unilateral salpingectomy. Even though the diagnostic test missed the hydrosalpinx, I still felt confident with his care. It took longer than anticipated but the end result was a pregnancy. I'm currently 31 weeks and am forever grateful for his care.
Ask a lot of questions! He doesn't mind answering them
Dr. Castelbaum seemed to genuinely care and was always optimistic. He took the time to answer any questions me or my husband had. He thoroughly explained every step of the treatments he performed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
All the nurses were extremely compassionate and helpful. They always called when they said they would. They relayed any information from the doctor and if I had questions, they would get the answer from the doctor and call back. They would call to remind me of medicines I needed to take and explained every step of the process. They made the process more bearable.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The strengths are the doctors and nursing staff. The weakness is the billing department. They incorrectly billed several times. When I called to explain that they incorrectly billed, they weren't very pleasant to deal with.
With my insurance, IUIs we're covered. I paid a $40 copay each visit. And I paid for the medicine out of pocket. I don't recall the medicine prices. For IVF, we paid all out of pocket. We did the RMA assure plan which costs in total with meds about $30,000
He suggested one embryo transfer at a time because of my age.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Castelbaum has all my information ready for me. Anytime I ask a question he has an answer for me and does not go looking through notes he knows my situation and I by face...I can not think of a negative even when I probably should be contacting the nurse, if I contact Dr. he always answer my question without hesitation. I have had no disappointments and I have always been treated with respect. Dr. Castelbaum makes me feel very comfortable in not so comfortable situations.
The nurse and office staff [at RMA] are ok but at times they can be rude and very unprofessional at times. They do not always provide the information you need and when you ask they make it seem as if you are getting on their nerves...This clinic do not offer a patient portal so you have to go to the office for everything. There are several offices for your convenience. You can choose any office that works for you. The office staff can sometimes be rude if you go on a busy day and they show little concern once you become a patient but not active at the time. It seems they are only concerned with active or potential patients.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is great. I can not think of a negative even when I probably should be contacting the nurse, if I contact Dr. he always answer my question without hesitation. I have had no disappointments and I have always been treated with respect. Dr. Castelbaum makes me feel very comfortable in not so comfortable situations.
Ask questions if you do not understand. Dr. Castelbaum has patience and will go over anything you need so do not be scared to ask if you don’t know.
I am in the beginning stage. We haven’t gotten to my protocol as of yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurse and office staff are ok but at times they can be rude and very unprofessional at times. They do not always provide the information you need and when you ask they make it seem as if you are getting on their nerves.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I am uncertain. I started off with insurance but I am now self pay and am waiting to get exact self pay amount.
Dr. Castelbaum will only transfer one embryo if you are under a certain age (35).
Treated 2005 - 2016
In the beginning, I felt like a human and had my son in 2006. The office merged and when I returned for a second child, I felt unheard and more like a number...I enjoyed working with him [Dr. Martin Freedman] in the mid 2000s, unfortunately I feel as though the merger of the practice decreased the quality of care. Dr. Freedman seemed uninteresting in trying to continue to do iui with me and my inability to afford ivf caused a lack of care in my treatment.
Strengths: doctors have years of experience and dedication. Weaknesses: lack of communication. RMA is dedicated and committed to helping families with their infertility goals; however I believe they lack in their understanding of the devastating of secondary issues.... The nurses were friendly and good at drawing blood, but phone calls wereally not returned.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
I enjoyed working with him in the mid 2000s, unfortunately I feel as though the merger of the practice decreased the quality of care. Dr. Freedman seemed uninteresting in trying to continue to do iui with me and my inability to afford ivf caused a lack of care in my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Listen to your heart. If you feel unheard go elsewhere. But, RMA gave me my only miracle and I am forever grateful
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Martin Freedman used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
2 iui cycles with clomid resulting in live boy birth 2006. 6 iui cycles: 5 with clomid, 1 injections. 1 viAL used each time. No pregnancy. Recommend ivf
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia.
1250 for iui each cycle and about 900 for sperms vial
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I had a quick iui as I was surging and the nurse repeatedly said the wrong vial number. I was concerned that they would stop the cycle and she was so persistent that I began to believe I had gotten the number wrong. After the procedure I went home to find yes it was the wrong vial and called the clinic to notify. They same nurse returned my call the next day stated that the vial number was mine and she just wrote it wrong. Too this day, I still feel it was a cover up.
Martin Freedman
Treated 2010 - 2012
Dr. Castelbaum was shocked that my previous doctor hadn't don't any type of testing on me to determine why my cycles weren't producing many eggs... He's very fact based and delivers matter-of-factly so you have to be okay with that but he also has a warm bedside manner.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is an incredibly intelligent, capable and appreciative doctor. I want to start with that when I came back to visit with both my boys he was so genuinely touched, held each kid and truly appreciates the miracles he brings into the world. He is very straight forward with his information and also doesn't make assumption or judgments. I came from another clinic with unsuccessful IVF cycles and was referred to egg donation. I switched clinics for a 2nd opinion and Dr. Castelbaum was shocked that my previous doctor hadn't don't any type of testing on me to determine why my cycles weren't producing many eggs and why the ones retrieved were abnormal. He immediately ran some testing and did ultimately agree that egg donation was my best bet at having children while being able to experience pregnancy. He's very fact based and delivers matter-of-factly so you have to be okay with that but he also has a warm bedside manner. I loved him and would refer anyone to him. .
The staff, including Dr. Castelbaum always made me feel like a priority. They always welcomed my son in the office during my 2nd cycle, even helping to watch him while I was being seen. They always knew me, my background, my family and the current status of my cycle. They worked around my schedule and always fit me in. They tried their best to make my cycles the most cost effective they could and I honestly couldn't say enough good things about any of them from reception, nurses, billing, and of course, Dr. Castelbaum.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Always knew me and my situation and current status. Very compassionate to what we were going through as patients. I wish I could remember some of their names because they were fabulous.
1st cycle -- approximately $47,000 2nd cycle -- approximately $3,500
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] made my husband & I feel comfortable right from the beginning. Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover fertility and he was amazing every step of the way to help us and keep it as reasonable as possible...We fell in the category of unknown fertility issues. We originally started with Clomid for a few months but still no success. We then tried IUI, the 1st time was a success unfortunately ended with a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We tried another IUI and we’ve been successful this far. We are going on 12 weeks and hoping for an amazing outcome.
The drs & staff [at RMA of Philadelphia] were wonderful from beginning to end. They never made you feel like a number and always made you feel at home. I would recommend this office to anyone. I was definitely satisfied with my experience...The nursing staff was amazing as well. You spend a lot of time in the office when going through fertility and you build friendships with them. They always made me feel comfortable...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He made my husband & I feel comfortable right from the beginning. Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover fertility and he was amazing every step of the way to help us and keep it as reasonable as possible.
You will not be disappointed.
Dr Castelbaum was truly amazing. He made my husband & I feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The drs & staff were wonderful from beginning to end. They never made you feel like a number and always made you feel at home. I would recommend this office to anyone. I was definitely satisfied with my experience.
I honestly don’t remember each cost as my insurance did not cover fertility treatment

Treated 2011 - 2016
Great doctor! Very compassionate and caring! Worked hard to achieve a pregnancy and was willing to try anything. Great bedside manner. Took the time to find out different treatment plans and ultimately wanted to help us achieve a pregnancy by any means.... Struggled with a thin lining. Dr. Castelbaum attempted numerous protocols to try and thicken uterine lining with different forms of estrogen. Tried Neupogen washes in uterus, vaginal viagara, acupuncture.
Great clinic [RMA of Phil]. Ran smoothly. No issues with any dept. All offices were welcoming! All depts were a plus to work with. Nurses/front desk employees were nice and helpful. Loved going to the different offices.... Great great nursing staff! Everyone was compassionate and caring. They were right there every step of the way offering encouragement, etc.... Extremely costly. Did Donor Egg with a known donor and three frozen embryo transfers.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Stay positive. Ask questions.
Very good Bed side manner. Caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Great clinic. Ran smoothly. No issues with any dept. All offices were welcoming! All depts were a plus to work with. Nurses/front desk employees were nice and helpful. Loved going to the different offices.
First cycle he transferred two embryos. Second and third cycle, only one embryo. Moving forward I think one embryo is the new normal to prevent premature birth of multiples.
Treated 2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Freedman] was very compassionate to our struggle conceiving. When my insurance made it difficult to get the medications I needed they worked with me and gave me samples as they were able. My only qualm was having to travel around to many different offices between working full time.... We did 3 cycles of IUI and they were not successful for me. Then he did an HSG. Around that time my family relocated to another state so we were not able to continue seeing him
I just really didn't appreciate all the traveling that I had to do. I chose the location in Langhorne but had to travel to King of Prussia for any procedures. My boss was very supportive of my journey and allowed me to flex my schedule accordingly. However it was just added stress for me.... They [RMA of Philadelphia] were willing to work with us on paying for services rendered and also helped us with getting the medications we needed.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
He was very compassionate to our struggle conceiving. When my insurance made it difficult to get the medications I needed they worked with me and gave me samples as they were able. My only qualm was having to travel around to many different offices between working full time.
I remember being especially stressed and crying, and he sat with me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It was really hard for our family because insurance did not cover any of our treatment. They were willing to work with us on paying for services rendered and also helped us with getting the medications we needed.
Martin Freedman
Langhorne
Dr castlebaum is a great doctor. It’s too early in my treatment to really know what’s going on. I think he’s done a good job so far. I’m a little disappointed with how my last appointment went, only because there was information I’ve given him from the beginning and it felt like he never addressed it before... I had and hsg test done which was painful and I was in a lot of pain for a few days. Otherwise all tests were bearable. Medication was fine so far
This specific clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] is great. They have multiple locations which is convenient. There are multiple doctors as well. So far I really like it. I’m happy with how things are going and I highly recommend them....The nursing staff is lovely. They’re helpful and understanding....The nursing staff is lovely. They’re helpful and understanding.... Dr castlebaum is a great doctor. It’s too early in my treatment to really know what’s going on. I think he’s done a good job so far.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Make sure you give all information
I felt comfortable and like he understood
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff is lovely. They’re helpful and understanding.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
This specific clinic is great. They have multiple locations which is convenient. There are multiple doctors as well. So far I really like it. I’m happy with how things are going and I highly recommend them.

Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] explains everything the first visit, gives you options, and if things don’t work he reevaluates. Very kind and was just as happy that we were pregnant as we were!...He was kind and explained everything thoroughly. I wasn’t another number...We had done clomid and timed intercourse. Letrozole and timed intercourse. Clomid, ovidril, and iui twice.
Strengths [at RMA of Philadelphia] are availability- it was great to go before work and be in and out...Parking was easy and a ton of locations. Hours were great and they literally were open all the time. You never know when you’re going to ovulate!...They [the nurses] were sad when I miscarried and treated me so kindly. They also cheered when I took a test and was pregnant.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He explains everything the first visit, gives you options, and if things don’t work he reevaluates. Very kind and was just as happy that we were pregnant as we were! His office was awesome and the nurses were great. I loved everyone there. When I had to see other doctors or the nurse practitioner for procedures, they had the same bedside manner and were great
Ask questions and be open minded.
He was kind and explained everything thoroughly. I wasn’t another number.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
They were sad when I miscarried and treated me so kindly. They also cheered when I took a test and was pregnant.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Strengths are availability- it was great to go before work and be in and out. No cons but maybe to be closer to where I moved now! Parking was easy and a ton of locations. Hours were great and they literally were open all the time. You never know when you’re going to ovulate!
Treated 2017 - 2018
I completely trust him [Dr. Castelbaum] and know that he is doing everything he possibly can to help me. He is extremely intelligent and experienced. I appreciate his bedside manner and also his sense of humor. Plus he is very gentle and patient... He took the time to review everything about my husband and me thoroughly... We tried clomid twice, once with iui, and then switched to femara for two cycles, once with iui... This office is very organized and thorough.
This office [RMA of Phila] is very organized and thorough. They are very on top of getting back to you with results and responding to any questions. They answer the phones quickly and respond promptly to emails. I have never felt I have waited too long for a response.... I completely trust him [Dr. Castelbaum] and know that he is doing everything he possibly can to help me. He is extremely intelligent and experienced. I appreciate his bedside manner and also his sense of humor. Plus he is very gentle and patient
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I completely trust him and know that he is doing everything he possibly can to help me. He is extremely intelligent and experienced. I appreciate his bedside manner and also his sense of humor. Plus he is very gentle and patient
Relax and trust him
He took the time to review everything about my husband and me thoroughly
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
Super friendly and gentle
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
This office is very organized and thorough. They are very on top of getting back to you with results and responding to any questions. They answer the phones quickly and respond promptly to emails. I have never felt I have waited too long for a response.
Reasonable
I think he’s very conservative
Treated 2016
I thought we had a great experience together, if i ever needed to discuss things he [Dr. Castelbaum] was always available. He always went over the procedures and what was at risk. He was also kind and caring. When i became pregnant he was so happy as was I! He told me to come back and visit before and after I have the baby....I felt like a human, because they [RMA] always greeted me by my name...I thought they were great and very understanding!
I thought the clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] was great...[Nursing Staff] I thought they were great and very understanding! Never been around a great group of people...I thought we had a great experience together, if i ever needed to discuss things he [Dr. Castelbaum] was always available. He always went over the procedures and what was at risk. He was also kind and caring. When i became pregnant he was so happy as was I! ...I felt like a human, because they always greeted me by my name
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I thought we had a great experience together, if i ever needed to discuss things he was always available. He always went over the procedures and what was at risk. He was also kind and caring. When i became pregnant he was so happy as was I! He told me to come back and visit before and after I have the baby.
If you want the truth go see him
I felt like a human, because they always greeted me by my name
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I thought the clinic was great
I only had to pay for meds and co-pays
Treated 2013 - 2019
If it wasn't for Dr. Castelbaum paying very close attention to me during my treatment, he wouldn't have known to up the doses of the medications so I could produce more eggs and I most likely would have come up empty handed. I think a lot of doctors would have just cancelled the cycle...explained how dangerous multiple embryos can be for not only the mother but for the babies too. I had no idea of the dangers of transferring multiple "normal" embryos. I'm so happy that I chose a doctor that is more concerned with the mother and the child's health than about stats.
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum [at RMA of Philadelphia] for over 6 years. My experiences with him have always been positive throughout those 6 years even if we received bad news. I was never discouraged because he always has a Plan B! He is patient and kind and willing to chat with me even if he has an office full of patients. I have terrible eggs and he helped me conceive my 5 year old son and I am now pregnant again because of him. When my daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident very late in my pregnancy, he met with me ASAP just to talk to me. I needed his advice and he made time and was there for me even though I wasn't a patient at the time. He really is a wonderful doctor and we all consider him a part of our family.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum for over 6 years. My experiences with him have always been positive throughout those 6 years even if we received bad news. I was never discouraged because he always has a Plan B! He is patient and kind and willing to chat with me even if he has an office full of patients. I have terrible eggs and he helped me conceive my 5 year old son and I am now pregnant again because of him. When my daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident very late in my pregnancy, he met with me ASAP just to talk to me. I needed his advice and he made time and was there for me even though I wasn't a patient at the time. He really is a wonderful doctor and we all consider him a part of our family.
I have recommended Dr. Castelbaum to many people. I'm not sure exactly what piece of advice I would give but when I do recommend him, I always say the same thing... "He's the best! Don't waste your time anywhere else."
Dr. Castelbaum is the best doctor I have ever had. He and his staff are ALWAYS warm and kind. I always felt comfortable and at home in his office even though I was going through some of the hardest days of my life.
I honestly cannot remember all of the treatment strategies but I do know the one that works for me. The "Atomic Bomb." Dr. Castelbaum has to give me the maximum dose of medications (Menopur, Follistim) in order for me to produce even the smallest amount of eggs for an egg retrieval. While neither of us were very confident that we would get many eggs, in the end, we had two frozen genetically tested "normal" embryos. If it wasn't for Dr. Castelbaum paying very close attention to me during my treatment, he wouldn't have known to up the doses of the medications so I could produce more eggs and I most likely would have come up empty handed. I think a lot of doctors would have just cancelled the cycle.
Dr. Castelbaum explained how dangerous multiple embryos can be for not only the mother but for the babies too. I had no idea of the dangers of transferring multiple "normal" embryos. I'm so happy that I chose a doctor that is more concerned with the mother and the child's health than about stats.