1151 Old York Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215.922.1556

2022, Consult
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Lange has been attentive, understanding and supportive of my concerns and the path I want to take. From the initial meeting, I have had nothing but a positive experience. For the times that I was overwhelmed, Dr. Lange took me through it as many times as I needed to fully grasp the answers, procedures, risks, and possible outcomes.
I don’t have a bad thing to say about the wonderful RMA team. Everyone I have interacted with has been phenomenal. All my questions were answered quickly, I never had to worry about not having any information. Top notch team...I chose this clinic for a few reasons and they have lived up to my fairly high expectations. While they have everything down to a science and are a swiftly moving machine, I still didn’t feel like just a number. Everyone is kind and friendly and made me feel welcomed.
How was your experience with Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Trust that Dr. Lange knows what she is doing and will work with you to understand and everything. If you are just starting out it can be scary but with Dr. Lange I felt comfortable from day one.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Lange listened to what I wanted and my concerns. She talked through her thoughts and the science so that I could understand and make a decision on my path.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: My primary nurse - Shannon Graves. My patient navigator - Alessandra Johnston)
I don’t have a bad thing to say about the wonderful RMA team. Everyone I have interacted with has been phenomenal. All my questions were answered quickly, I never had to worry about not having any information. Top notch team!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia.
I am incredibly lucky that my job provides fertility benefits. Costs so far have been minimal.

2021 - 2022, Successful
He is a great doctor, always taking his time in assessing me and figuring out how we can approach my situation. [Dr. Freedman] took his time in communicating and explaining all his approaches. Anytime I would email him he would get back to me almost instantly. I feel very secure and trust his judgement on my treatments.
My [RMA of Philadelphia] nurse has been so helpful and guided me every step through the IVF process and always answers any questions I have...Every time I would go for bloodwork and ultrasound I would have a $40 co-pay my IVF treatment I had to pay $4000 out of pocket due to my deductible and a fee for the genetic testing..
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
He is a great doctor, always taking his time in assessing me and figuring out how we can approach my situation. He took his time in communicating and explaining all his approaches. Anytime I would email him he would get back to me almost instantly. I feel very secure and trust his judgement on my treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Ask him and questions you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Very careful and empathetic. Knows what he’s talking about. Always responded quickly.
Describe the protocols Martin Freedman used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
When I started, we started out using letrozole (5mg) in order to induce my ovulation and then a trigger shot and timed intercourse. After a few months of that not working, he upped my dosage of letrozole to 7 mg and we moved onto IUI’s. We did 4 cycles to which none took and he told me My best bet would be IVF because of my condition (endometriosis).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Laura hoey and Christina Mullen )
My first nurse Laura was very compassionate and a great communicator. My nurse now, Christina, has been so helpful and guided me every step through the IVF process and always answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is overall great. Appointments are always handled in a timely manner even if they are running late. The staff makes you feel comfortable and welcoming. I would recommend this clinic to anyone looking to start fertility treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia.

2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum cares about his patients and takes all the necessary steps to ensure you are the driver of your care. His treatments are effective and he leads his RMA team with such poise...I got stuck with a thin lining before my frozen embryo transfer. This required more and more medication (injections) in order to thicken up my lining. It was tough but we got through it...[he] tailors an individualized approach to each patient
The [RMA of Philadelphia] clinic is well organized, easy to find and clean. Everything feels private with new technology. You don't really see other patients which I'm sure other patients are appreciative of. I have been to a few of their branch locations and all of their clinics are equally as pleasing...Diagnostics: $1,000. Medicated cycle (Clomid with IUI): $2,000. IVF- cycle one: $8,000; cycle two: $7,000
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum cares about his patients and takes all the necessary steps to ensure you are the driver of your care. His treatments are effective and he leads his RMA team with such poise. Dr. Castelbaum forms caring relationships with his patients as we all have the same ultimate goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
listen and take notes, it's a lot of information and a lot to take in.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is informative, straight-forward and tailors an individualized approach to each patient. He is passionate about what he does and it shows.
Describe the protocols Arthur Castelbaum used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval went swimmingly but I got stuck with a thin lining before my frozen embryo transfer. This required more and more medication (injections) in order to thicken up my lining. It was tough but we got through it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff treats you as their own. It is a community feel and you become a part of their RMA family. Very warm, welcoming, receptive, and genuinely wants to know about you and the hopes for your family.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is well organized, easy to find and clean. Everything feels private with new technology. You don't really see other patients which I'm sure other patients are appreciative of. I have been to a few of their branch locations and all of their clinics are equally as pleasing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe Arthur Castelbaum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
eSET and FET is the way to go.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Thorne was responsive to all questions and provided comprehensive answers. Good with communication and had a friendly vibe. We were empowered to make decisions to worked best for us. Dr. Thorne was honest about statistics and course of treatment...Standard IUI - I don’t believe there was anything unusual about our protocol. I didn’t need a trigger shot because I ovulated on my own...
The nursing team [at RMA of Philadelphia] was extremely responsive and I liked being able to communicate via portal. All questions and requests were responded to very promptly...Easy to communicate and schedule. The financial department took care of all insurance related matters. I was pleased with my care. Might not be the best fit for someone with a complicated case as it seems they use very standard protocols....
How was your experience with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Thorne addressed all of my questions and concerns promptly. My partner and I were encouraged to make the decisions that felt best for us after being given information.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Thorne used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
The nursing team was extremely responsive and I liked being able to communicate via portal. All questions and requests were responded to very promptly. I was very pleased.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia.
Everything was covered by my insurance, I only had to pay a specialist copay for visits.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum was honest, transparent, and trustworthy. He is an expert in his field but takes the time to explain things to you in ways that you fully and completely understand. He tailored my treatment plans based on my specific concerns and needs. He was warm and comforting but also very clear about data and statistics...I felt like my specific concerns were listened to and addressed. I wasn't given a one-sized-fits-all protocol but was actively involved in the decision making...
I really appreciated the efficiency of RMA. I felt like they did everything they could to respect your time and get you in and out of the office during morning monitoring appointments...My nurse, Heather, was very timely in her responses and made sure I fully understood everything. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Heather...This clinic strongly advocates for single embryo transfers up to a certain age...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt that Dr. Castelbaum was honest, transparent, and trustworthy. He is an expert in his field but takes the time to explain things to you in ways that you fully and completely understand. He tailored my treatment plans based on my specific concerns and needs. He was warm and comforting but also very clear about data and statistics.
Watch all of the available webinars and videos online before meeting with the Doctor and have a list of questions ready so that you can maximize your time with him and get all of your concerns addressed!
Antagonist protocol was used - ended up being on the meds for a shorter time period than expected, about 8 total days instead of 10-12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
My nurse, Heather, was very timely in her responses and made sure I fully understood everything. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Heather. IVF sucks; it is emotionally/financially/physically taxing, and she made the entire process suck a little less.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I really appreciated the efficiency of RMA. I felt like they did everything they could to respect your time and get you in and out of the office during morning monitoring appointments. As someone who hates needles and giving blood, I definitely appreciated the care and compassion that the RMA clinical staff showed me.
This clinic strongly advocates for single embryo transfers up to a certain age.

2020 - 2021, Successful
She [Dr. Lange] was so thorough in the consultation and asked us in-depth, probing questions to get to know us and our history so well. There was no perfunctory presentation. The consultation was engaging, personal, and customized. She was also positive...Her instructions and care communication are all done through her nurse, who I loved, but when I needed to talk to her directly to get her thoughts on what path we should take moving forward as we debated another cycle, she was there for me.
They were welcoming, friendly, personable, and efficient! I didn't know before this experience how a fertility clinic worked and how different doctors rotate through the daily monitoring schedule, the testing and retrieval surgery center, etc. It's a machine...She [nurse] was 100% thorough, instructive, clear, compassionate, and reliable. She responded so quickly when I had a question or needed anything. I was in touch with her more than anyone else in the clinic, and I never had any doubt about her being invested in us, and I think she was a major part of our success and our overall happiness with RMA.
How was your experience with Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Lange was methodical, consistent, extremely knowledgeable, and made me feel like she was truly invested in us and our success. I never thought that she missed anything or wasn't paying attention or was hesitant to make adjustments as needed. She studied my chart, my case, my results, and I felt like I was in very good hands throughout all 4 cycles. Her personality is somewhat reserved and matter-of-fact and not overly chatty or social, so I didn't feel the same rapport or camaraderie with her that I had with some of the other doctors at the clinic, but because I felt so comfortable and confident with her oversight and medical care, I didn't especially need that from her.
Expect her to take excellent care of you "behind the scenes" but probably be more reserved in the in-person appointments and not spend her valuable time making a lot of small talk while doing the exam. Her instructions and care communication are all done through her nurse, who I loved, but when I needed to talk to her directly to get her thoughts on what path we should take moving forward as we debated another cycle, she was there for me.
From the initial consultation, I knew Dr. Lange would be "the one". She was so thorough in the consultation and asked us in-depth, probing questions to get to know us and our history so well. There was no perfunctory presentation. The consultation was engaging, personal, and customized. She was also positive. At my age (almost 41 at the time of consultation), I knew the odds, but talked about possibilities and how this could work, not all the reasons why it might not.
Describe the protocols Allison Lange used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My first two cycles were antagonist protocols - 150 Menopur & 300 Gonal-F for a few days, then I started Cetrotide, and finally we did an Hcg trigger shot 36 hours before egg retrieval. Dr. Lange noticed that despite my advanced age, I was a hyper-responder to the stimulants/gonadotropins, and some of my follicles were growing very very rapidly right away. It created asynchronous follicular growth, meaning we would have to trigger when at least half of them were ready, but it left many of them small and immature. So I had a large number of eggs retrieved but only about 50% of them were mature. Dr. Lange then moved me to an agonist protocol in which I would start Lupron 10 or more days before the stimulants to fully suppress my hormones, then go into 150 Menopur and 300 Gonal-F while continuing a very low dose of Lupron until the final Hcg trigger shot. This protocol dramatically increased the total number of eggs retrieved, and the percentage of mature eggs retrieved did slightly improve in the third and fourth cycles as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Samantha (Sammi))
Sammi and I got to know one another very well during our year of 4 IVF cycles! She was 100% thorough, instructive, clear, compassionate, and reliable. She responded so quickly when I had a question or needed anything. I was in touch with her more than anyone else in the clinic, and I never had any doubt about her being invested in us, and I think she was a major part of our success and our overall happiness with RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
From the front-desk staff to the nurses that had to draw blood to the entire team of doctors that rotate each day for monitoring, I had a wonderful experience. They were welcoming, friendly, personable, and efficient! I didn't know before this experience how a fertility clinic worked and how different doctors rotate through the daily monitoring schedule, the testing and retrieval surgery center, etc. It's a machine. They have to time things so carefully that the system has to work perfectly. As I continued to watch how they organize appointments and calls to maximize effectiveness and efficiency and stay on top of every patient's care, I really was in awe. I have nothing negative to say about the clinic at all. Even though Dr. Lange was my primary doctor, I always felt that there was a huge team of people working for us and rooting for us the entire time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Philadelphia.
Monitoring was an efficient, well-oiled machine for sure. You were given about a 2.5-hour window early each morning for these, and regardless of whether there was 1 person in the waiting room or 10, I felt like I never waited for more than 15 minutes to be seen. It was a very quick in-and-out for bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring. Dr. Lange was more often in another clinic than in the one I went to, so I didn't see her as much for monitoring, but that didn't bother me at all. I got to know the other doctors who did monitoring in my clinic location quite well and really loved them, and I always knew that at the end of each day, Dr. Lange was the one reviewing my results and communicating them to my nurse Sammi to communicate to me. I was very impressed with the entire system.
My insurance covered all of my fertility testing and my medication, but it did not cover treatment. An IFV cycle with ICSI was about $14,000 and included embryo transfer. The only extra costs each cycle were the egg retrieval (about $400) and the genetic testing for any embryos, which was done through Foundation for Embryonic Competence.
Describe Allison Lange's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
My doctor and the clinic strongly recommended that only one embryo be transferred at a time, and they explained why via the increased risks to mother and baby(ies), and I did not hesitate to follow their advice. Even though we ended up with 2 euploid embryos after ICSI and genetic testing, we only transferred one embryo per their recommendation, and we're glad we followed that recommendation.

2021, Successful
Dr. Gutmann was very straight and to the point, but my husband and I really appreciated that. She was always very kind, and made me feel comfortable during the ultrasounds. Even though I know she sees many, many patients, she never rushed or declined answering any questions my husband or I may of had...Dr. Gutmann fully listened to me and my husband and immediately addressed our concerns. She ordered some tests and we found out that I have a Unicornuate Uterus.
The RMA clinic and staff is very friendly , the staff knows you on a first name basis. The waiting room and exam rooms are very clean, organized and “comfortable” given the circumstances. All the staff members are very helpful and will gladly answer any questions you may have...Clomid typically cost $60 and Ovidrel was $170...Seeing a fertility specialist is incredibly scary and intimidating in itself but Dr. Gutmann quickly made me feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Seeing a fertility specialist is incredibly scary and intimidating in itself but Dr. Gutmann quickly made me feel very comfortable. My husband and I were trying to conceive for years and with no explanation, we kept getting negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Gutmann fully listened to me and my husband and immediately addressed our concerns. She ordered some tests and we found out that I have a Unicornuate Uterus. Dr. Gutmann explained her treatment plan and explained the pros and cons. Thanks to Dr. Gutmann, my husband and I will be welcoming two babies in March 2022!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Trust Dr. Gutmann, she is brilliant and truly cares about you. She will do whatever she can to help you achieve your goal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Gutmann used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
For the 1st and 2nd cycle, we followed the same treatment plan. Once I started my menstrual cycle, I came in for baseline ultrasound and lab work. Dr. Gutmann started me on 5 days of Clomid(1st cycle 50 mg and 2nd cycle 100 mg), I would then come in for follicle scans and if the follicle(s) reached 20 mm, I would “trigger” which was one shot, called Ovidrel. And then 36 hours later we would do the IUI.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia.
My husband and I only had to pay a $30 copay for each visit, including both IUIs. Clomid typically cost $60 and Ovidrel was $170.
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Thorne always made me feel heard. When I had a natural pregnancy which resulted in a chemical, he made sure to call me himself with the news (both good and bad). When my first transfer didn’t work, he took the time to call me, go over all our options and the benefits of each and let me decide with no pressure what I wanted to do next. While I didn’t see him at most of my monitoring appointments, I knew he was the one making the decisions and always took the time to talk to me if I needed/wanted.
RMA was fantastic at clinical communication. The entire medical team and front desk were all great. The only criticism I have is with the finance and billing departments. You get a finance person assigned to you, however when mine left the job, no one communicated that to me and my emails went unanswered for a month. I finally got another person, but she left too and again no one informed me. I had billing questions and issues that were difficult to get resolved...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
If you have questions, ask. I never felt like I was bothering him, and he always made sure I understood.
I came to Dr Thorne and RMA after a bad experience at another clinic. I was honest at my consultation on why I was leaning my prior clinic (poor communication, bad bedside manner and feeling like a number) At no point during my time with RMA did I ever feel that way. People remembered who I was, all my care questions were answered timely, Dr Thorne always made time when I requested it. I truly felt like they cared about my treatment and the outcome.
I was 36 with low AMH and unexplained infertility. Dr Thorne added medications to help with egg quality and lowered the doses my first clinic used. It resulted in the same amount of mature eggs, but better quality which ultimately resulted in my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
She was great. She always got me in contact with Dr Thorne if I needed. She also answered a lot of questions I had for her in a timely manner. She even helped me with billing issues when I couldn’t get a hold of my finance person.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It was through my insurance, so I only had to pay my deductible.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Thorne took the time to answer my phone calls and review things with me in a manner that both helped me understand what was happening, and that made me feel like he cared...Dr. Thorne is a good communicator. He will take the time with you on the phone (or if you're lucky, in person) to explain and answer all of your questions...Just know that your assigned doctor is not always the doctor you will see for treatment.
[RMA of Philadelphia is] Organized, friendly front desk...Just know that your assigned doctor is not always the doctor you will see for treatment...Appointments were also very quick, especially trying to squeeze them in before racing to work for the day...I could always count on my nurse to help explain everything in layman's terms for me...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Thorne is a good communicator. He will take the time with you on the phone (or if you're lucky, in person) to explain and answer all of your questions. I would certainly use him again if needed.
Being treated during Covid was a trying time. Consultations were virtual, and in-person appointments were alone without my partner. That is tough stuff! Appointments were also very quick, especially trying to squeeze them in before racing to work for the day. But with all of that said, I feel like Dr. Thorne took the time to answer my phone calls and review things with me in a manner that both helped me understand what was happening, and that made me feel like he cared.
We used chlomid and injections, as well as IUI. We also discussed having a polyp removed if we did not see the results we wanted, but in the end we did not need to do that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia.
I wish I could remember her name, but often I was completely confused and clueless as to what was going on, or what would be happening next. Fertility treatment is a real whirlwind, especially when going through it for the first time. I could always count on my nurse to help explain everything in layman's terms for me!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Organized, friendly front desk (very important!) . . . . .
I believe my insurance is still processing claims from Dr. Thorne's care so I cannot completely answer this question.
2021, Successful
He [Dr. Freedman] took his time with me. He explained everything into detail and said he had a goal and he met his goal within two cycles. He always answered my questions and concerns. Never made me feel like just another person whom was trying to get pregnant...Cycle number one. I had taking letrozole 5mg for 5 days with a scheduled iui and I did not conceive that month. Cycle number two I repeated the same medicine only this cycle I used the ovidrel trigger shot and decided I wanted to do times intercourse and got my positive home pregnancy test.
The nursing [staff at RMA of Philadelphia] was amazing. I enjoyed my team and they always kept me in the loop...The front staff was great. This who did my blood work was excellent. The office was always clean and smelling great. The rooms are always cleaned and have good privacy...Cycle number one. I had taking letrozole 5mg for 5 days with a scheduled iui and I did not conceive that month. Cycle number two I repeated the same medicine only this cycle I used the ovidrel trigger shot and decided I wanted to do times intercourse and got my positive home pregnancy test.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
He was awesome. I can’t thank him enough for all the time and effort he has put into helping me. Dr Freedman is a man of his word. He let me know every option I had and got me the results I have been praying for. Would choose him all over again for the future if need be.
He is Amazing. You will love having him. He will do whatever it takes to make your dreams come true.
He took his time with me. He explained everything into detail and said he had a goal and he met his goal within two cycles. He always answered my questions and concerns. Never made me feel like just another person whom was trying to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Christina Mullen)
The nursing was amazing. I enjoyed my team and they always kept me in the loop.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The office I went to I can’t say anything bad about them. The front staff was great. This who did my blood work was excellent. The office was always clean and smelling great. The rooms are always cleaned and have good privacy.
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)

I could never get in contact with him [Dr. Castelbaum] when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored...He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA...I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me...The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center...Nothing but un-monitored cycles. Does not want to change any dosage for medication and does not respect your wishes when you want to have a monitored cycle.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He put on a great show for my initial consult but after that was a train wreck. I had nothing but un-monitored cycles. I had an adverse reaction to a fertility medication that I was prescribed and was told to go see my ob/gyn..theres nothing that they can do for me. He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
Don't waste your time and do not fall for the caring doctor that he acts like he is during your consultation.
I could never get in contact with him when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center and the doctor was just lazy.
The insurance co-pays, the outside facility co-pays for blood work and imaging and the costs of the medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me. That was a lie. I had tests done at a location closer to me and I never got a call from the practice regarding to my results. There were also missing appointments that I was scheduled for.
Langhorne

Dr. Guttman[n] has been a perfect balance of no-nonsense and compassion. She doesn't sugar coat and gets right to the point (which I greatly appreciate), but when I had my miscarriage she was gentle, compassionate, and sympathetic. She has always answered and addressed my questions (even the crazier ones), and I feel very comfortable and confident continuing treatment with her.
I can't say enough good things about RMA. Because of my work schedule I am in different parts of the metro area every day, and have been able to schedule treatments and appointments different offices (Philly, Willow Grove, and KOP) to fit my needs. Despite my jumping around, every doctor and nurse I've seen has had full knowledge of my file and treatment plan, and my primary Dr. has always followed up with me directly.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Guttman has been a perfect balance of no-nonsense and compassion. She doesn't sugar coat and gets right to the point (which I greatly appreciate), but when I had my miscarriage she was gentle, compassionate, and sympathetic. She has always answered and addressed my questions (even the crazier ones), and I feel very comfortable and confident continuing treatment with her.
See her.
While I've seen other doctors for monitoring and gotten test results from nurses, Dr. Guttman herself has always checked in with me regularly to explain next steps and answer any questions. Even though I dont get to see her in person often due to my schedule, I've never felt like she didn't know who I was or what was going on.
When I first went in, Dr. Guttman immediately suggested a medicated cycle with IUI. I wasn't mentally prepared to start treatment right away, so she suggested trying Ovasitol and prescribed a thyroid medication. Over the next few months, RMA checked in on me periodically and Dr. Guttman continued to monitor my thyroid levels and adjust my medication accordingly. Once my husband and I were ready to begin treatment, his sperm was tested and I went in for baseline monitoring and an HSG. I was prescribed Clomid, and once my follicles were the appropriate size, Ovidrel. I had an IUI 36 hours later. I got pregnant on the first try, but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks and subsequently had a D&C. I am currently waiting for my HCG levels to return to 0. Once my period returns (and assuming "elective procedures" are possible given COVID-19), I'll be undergoing a hysteroscopy to help determine our next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff has been fantastic. If I had questions or concerns that they were not able to address immediately, I always got a follow up from them within a few hours.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
My insurance has covered most of my treatment so far, with the obvious exception of copays. The billing department gave me a vey clear break-down: if my pants come off, it's considered a specialist visit and I have a copay. If I'm just coming in for bloodwork, I don't have a copay. I've only had to pay for one medication out-of-pocket (Ovidrel), but the clinic referred me to a specialty pharmacy where I was able to get it for a low price.
Describe Jacqueline Gutmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
Philadelphia

Dr Gutmann was actually the first doctor I had consulted with before starting on my fertility journey. I went to see her alone, hoping to conceive as a single woman, using donor sperm...I felt like she respected that decision and took great care to review all of my options and answer my constant flow of questions....Bottom line is that she is a no-nonsense, data-driven, but exceedingly compassionate physician
The nursing staff [at RMA of Philadelphia] was my primary point of contact during treatment. I did get the sense that they ran questions about medication dosage or restrictions during treatment by Dr. Gutmann before responding, which I appreciated...Monitoring was usually quick. Callbacks or emails with the monitoring results were usually at the same time each day
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
I think I explained most of it in my response to the preceding question, so I won't duplicate here. Bottom line is that she is a no-nonsense, data-driven, but exceedingly compassionate physician. I didn't have the outcome I wanted after an egg retrieval and two embryo transfers, and was devasted. I took some time to heal a bit from my losses and intend to have one final attempt with her in the next few months.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be offended by her demeanor.
Dr Gutmann was actually the first doctor I had consulted with before starting on my fertility journey. I went to see her alone, hoping to conceive as a single woman, using donor sperm. I knew that I had no insurance coverage for this so would be paying for all of this out of pocket. I felt like she respected that decision and took great care to review all of my options and answer my constant flow of questions. I did some diagnostic testing with her after that first visit, which led to a diagnosis of very low AMH. I was devastated, thinking that I wouldn't even be able to conceive. She didn't know how I was feeling, but I'd emailed asking her for more info and she called me late on a Friday night and spent 30 mins on the phone with me explaining what it all meant and helping me decide how to proceed. I ended up going to another clinic to do my first two IUIs only because they were a bit cheaper than RMA and logistically simpler (they scheduled all of their procedures in the city where I live, whereas RMA does procedures out in the suburbs, about 30 minutes from where I live in the city with no car). but I wish I'd stayed with Dr. G. I did return to her two do an egg retrieval and two embryo transfers after the two failed IUIs at the other clinic. Many people say she's not "warm" and she's not exactly, but she's very empathetic. I appreciated that she called me late at night after the first loss to check on me (nurse had delivered the news earlier in the day).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was my primary point of contact during treatment. I did get the sense that they ran questions about medication dosage or restrictions during treatment by Dr. Gutmann before responding, which I appreciated, but there were a few times with (perhaps) less-important questions that there were differing opinions from nurse to nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Monitoring was usually quick. Callbacks or emails with the monitoring results were usually at the same time each day, which I appreciated. They generally were good about answering my myriad of questions and didn't make me feel foolish for asking. I felt like the nurses and my doctor were compassionate and knowledgeable. I'm not sure what the weaknesses here might be. I do wish Dr. G would have been the one to complete my procedures, because everything we were doing with monitoring was leading up to these big days, and it would've been nice to have her there as a part of that, partially because she'd know what was going on and because i trusted her and had a rapport with her, but I realize that would be difficult to accomplish given the volume of patients and the timing of these procedures.
I believe an IUI package was about $1500 plus donor sperm and medication; and a full egg retrieval and transfer were in the range of $15K-18K plus donor sperm and medication.
We elected to only transfer one embryo at a time because of my age and because success rates with one embryo are higher.
Philadelphia

Dr Freedman has a very calm and warm demeanor...a man of few words, he delivers both good and bad news with a confidence that makes me trust his expertise. At my lowest, he simply stated “we will do what we have to to get you pregnant” and it was with enough confidence and warmth that I knew I could continue...planning on moving straight to ivf when my husbands analysis came back great. Dr Freedman shifted gears to try iui.
Every person I have interacted with [at RMA of Philadelphia] has been kind and understanding, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors...Scheduling has been easy with a lot of available hours and locations for you to go to is it’s more convenient for that specific day. My only issue so far has been the finance department. My original coordinator seemed to be overwhelmed and once they realized I didn’t have an fertility coverage, she just sent me to iui package and ivf without limited explanation.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Freedman has a very calm and warm demeanor which is what I’ve needed during this process. Although his is a man of few words, he delivers both good and bad news with a confidence that makes me trust his expertise. At my lowest, he simply stated “we will do what we have to to get you pregnant” and it was with enough confidence and warmth that I knew I could continue.
For any patient, be your own advocate. If you don’t understand, ask questions. If you need clarity, ask questions. Whatever you need, just ask.
Every person I have interacted with has been kind and understanding, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors. It is a very busy office so there is a constant stream of patients which I think is a great sign but it also makes me a little nervous.
We’ve been dealing with male infertility and were planning on moving straight to ivf when my husbands analysis came back great. Dr Freedman shifted gears to try iui. We did a medicated Letrozole IUI circle which was unsuccessful. We were planning to do our second but have been rescheduled due to a cyst on my ovary.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Warm, welcoming and understanding. They may be the best last of the whole experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Scheduling has been easy with a lot of available hours and locations for you to go to is it’s more convenient for that specific day. My only issue so far has been the finance department. My original coordinator seemed to be overwhelmed and once they realized I didn’t have an fertility coverage, she just sent me to iui package and ivf without limited explanation. Everyone I have dealt with since the initial call has been great.
Out of pocket medicated IUI: $1200 not including meds Out of Pocket IVF: $15,000 not including meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Conflicting pricing for my IUI was initially given from a finance department. When questioned, they said they submitted it differently to my Insurance company.
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
Prepare questions. She [Dr. Gutmann] will answer them, but as others have said, your time is limited. She will always answer questions though. I read these docs often do over 50 monitoring appointments from 7-9, for context. So she wouldn’t go into a monologue about my treatment plan, but always more than happy to explain my treatment plan...struck the perfect balance of warm yet clearly well researched. She always started with a check in and often a joke, then dove into the science of what she was seeing... balance of bedside manner and intellectual prowess were so good that, as dreaded as the process could be (and it was since I had a miscarriage at first), We still always looked forward to seeing her.
[RMA of Philadelphia is an] Awesome practice. I worked with many different docs here. Sort of like the 3 little bears, some of these docs were too optimistic, some too dry, but Dr. Gutman was the perfect balance for me...There are a ton of nurses. I probably worked with at least 5 different nurses, all extremely warm and thorough. I was always surprised how patient and detailed they were with all my questions because I was admittedly high strung/anxious and had soooo many questions...I have great insurance so costs we’re $40 copays, trigger shot was $100, other meds $60....total costs under $1,000.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Gutman’s balance of bedside manner and intellectual prowess were so good that, as dreaded as the process could be (and it was since I had a miscarriage at first), We still always looked forward to seeing her.
Prepare questions. She will answer them, but as others have said, your time is limited. She will always answer questions though. I read these docs often do over 50 monitoring appointments from 7-9, for context. So she wouldn’t go into a monologue about my treatment plan, but always more than happy to explain my treatment plan.
Dr. G struck the perfect balance of warm yet clearly well researched. She always started with a check in and often a joke, then dove into the science of what she was seeing.
First 9 weeks was just monitoring because, against all odds, my first appt revealed my first natural pregnancy. We lost this baby and Dr. G was great, and suggested a slightly more aggressive approach of letrizol, progesterone, trigger shot, and IUI which we did. I ended up bleeding and having low hcg levels, which made me very anxious and I asked to terminate the pregnancy rather than finish what I thought was a miscarriage. From there, doc monitored me for 9 weeks, even answering my questions by phone immediately before the holidays. At week 9 Dr. G graduated me because against the odds, this pregnancy looks viable. Nurse still did follow up after final appt. it was a great process- wish I could stay w dr. G a couple more weeks because of my anxiety, but I understand that a reproductive specialist has to draw a clear line of time to move on to OB.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Awesome practice. I worked with many different docs here. Sort of like the 3 little bears, some of these docs were too optimistic, some too dry, but Dr. Gutman was the perfect balance for me. She never offered false hope or vague statements the other doctors sometimes made, like “it is what it is” or “we don’t know yet so we’re just going to assume it will all work out.” Instead, she’d joke with us, empathize with our losses, but report only in terms of science, e.g. baby is x% of growth margin or whatever. This was perfect for us...we wanted the facts, and her warmth made the delivery of these more tolerable.
Philadelphia
I saw Dr. Gutmann 4-5 times initially, during the various exploratory & diagnostic phases (consultation, a monitored clomid cycle, HSG, blood and semen tests, etc.) that led to unexplained fertility diagnosis. While not stereotypically warm and fuzzy, she has a great style that really clicked for us: remembering personal details and preferences/goals, informed by the latest science, with a bit of dry humor thrown in there...First semen analysis showed slightly low sperm count and motility. She recommended supplements.
Every single nurse (of the 4-5 I saw regularly) was amazing [at RMA of Philadelphia] with one exception. She was very nice, but seemed to want to reassure me rather than educate me...said they would bill us for anything not covered, up to the cost of their out-of-pocket plan ($14k excluding medication). Overall I felt like I was in great, responsive, competent hands...Started at 400iu Follistim, but as my estrogen levels climbed sky high they switched me to daily monitoring & bloodwork, and tweaked dosage every day.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Gutmann's style is not stereotypically warm and fuzzy, but it really clicked for me. She was willing to explain anything and make a recommendation but left the decisions up to us, with no pressure. She has a great dry humor, remembered some details about my personal life, and mainly showed she cared through a detailed treatment plan, and being super responsive with constant monitoring/adjustments in the lead-up to retrieval. Monitoring visits & even transfer day were provided by a rotating team of doctors and NPs. I saw at least 5 in a single, well-monitored IVF cycle. Initially I was disappointed that Dr. Gutmann didn't personally, but I ended up feeling more knowledgeable thru the mix of different styles. Some talked millimeters and probability, others were great at giving a sneak peek at next few steps, everyone was 100% dialed on my records. Emails were returned very quickly, sometimes within the hour.
1. First semen analysis showed slightly low sperm count and motility. She recommended supplements. My husband also decided to cut from ~3-6 beers a week to 1. Three mos later Dr. Gutmann said test results had rebounded so well that she thought one of the tests was inaccurate, and the answer was most likely somewhere in between. 2. We weren't ready to fully dive into IVF yet so our first step was a Clomid + timed intercourse cycle. 1 ultrasound monitoring appt showed 5 eggs. Negative test. 3. Dr. Gutmann informed us of a research opportunity that would pay for the entire IVF cycle except medication. This sort of kick-started our commitment, but I got busy for 2 months and put off the diagnostic tests. Study was closed to my age bracket by then but we decided to go ahead anyway. 4. IVF cycle with injectables. Started at 400iu Follistim, but as my estrogen levels climbed sky high they switched me to daily monitoring & bloodwork, and tweaked dosage every day. Inconvenient, but great care. On trigger day I screwed up a medication pickup and did not have the prescribed trigger med at home. The doctor on call was great about prescribing an alternative w that I could do within the hour. He explained this alternative would put me at higher risk for OHSS, but they would monitor me closely.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Every single nurse (of the 4-5 I saw regularly) was amazing with one exception. She was very nice, but seemed to want to reassure me rather than educate me, and in 1 case had a small miscommunication about where to phone in an updated prescription. She was fine, just a 4/5 instead of 5.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Fairly big team, so it should have felt impersonal but didn't. Supervising doc is always on top of the plan, and everyone made a personal connection. Monitoring appointments in Center City were very convenient. Usually waited 5 minutes, with 1-2 exceptions. 8am seems to be busiest, so before or after is faster. Weekends in the Valley Forge local were an annoying haul, but worth it in the end. Financially the jury's still out. My insurance had limited coverage for IVF, so they submitted various components of my testing and care separately. Some have been reimbursed and is still pending. RMA said they would bill us for anything not covered, up to the cost of their out-of-pocket plan ($14k excluding medication). Overall I felt like I was in great, responsive, competent hands.
Yes, doctor had strong preference to transfer 1 for goal of healthy singleton pregnancy.
Philadelphia
I naively thought I’d get pregnant immediately with IUI. By addressing my concerns, questions, and even frustrations with Dr. Freedman as my doctor, I felt heard, valued, and cared for by him. He is a doctor who really cares about his patients and wants to make their dreams come true...always reached out by phone and when I emailed him, he’d respond right away or even just pick up the phone. I didn’t always see Dr. Freedman because I lived closer to another office, but we were always in communication. He always knew when I was coming in and did really kind things like call to see how I was doing or call to wish me good luck. When the results of a positive pregnancy test came into the office, he called me immediately. Ther
Denise [nurse at RMA of Philadelphia] always called when she said she would, gave me detailed information and directions about what was happening, explained treatments and medications to me very carefully, and always did so with a smile, great warmth, and compassion...The front office staff was always very kind and helpful to me. I can’t say anything bad about anyone that I saw at Willow Grove (now Abington), Langhorne, or King of Prussia. After a while the staff knows your name, asks you questions, and become very friendly. They often know what you need or what you will ask before you do sometimes and if they cannot answer your questions, they are sure to find someone such as the nurse or doctor who can.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
I was feeling pretty hopeless after 4 IUIs (negative pregnancy test each time), one failed IVF cycle with a chromosomally abnormal embryo but I had an opportunity to try a second IVF cycle, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Despite numerous disappointments and other setbacks, Dr. Freedman always reached out by phone and when I emailed him, he’d respond right away or even just pick up the phone. I didn’t always see Dr. Freedman because I lived closer to another office, but we were always in communication. He always knew when I was coming in and did really kind things like call to see how I was doing or call to wish me good luck. When the results of a positive pregnancy test came into the office, he called me immediately. There are many more examples of Dr. Freedman’s care, but I always felt well taken care of by him.
The most important advice I can give is to be patient. Your journey to conceive will rarely be how you anticipate. After setbacks, the Coronavirus pandemic, which impacted cycles, and other things I could not control, nor could RMA, I learned that the IUI/IVF process is not what you might expect it to be. I naively thought I’d get pregnant immediately with IUI. By addressing my concerns, questions, and even frustrations with Dr. Freedman as my doctor, I felt heard, valued, and cared for by him. He is a doctor who really cares about his patients and wants to make their dreams come true.
Dr. Freedman was very kind and compassionate, especially when delivering any kind of news, changing treatments, modifying cycles. He was patient and listened carefully to my needs and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Denise was a fantastic nurse who was everything a patient could hope for when going through a process like this — repeatedly. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic I switched offices from the Willow Grove office to Langhorne since it was closer to my house. I would see Denise and Dr. Castelbaum there but they would both communicate with Dr. Freedman and relay messages back and forth. Aside from that, Denise always called when she said she would, gave me detailed information and directions about what was happening, explained treatments and medications to me very carefully, and always did so with a smile, great warmth, and compassion.
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
Dr. Freedman always made sure to call if it was good news or bad news and he showed compassion...Dr. Freedman feels so strongly about single embryo transfers. He cares about the embryos and the mothers - there are many risks to having two embryos transferred...[he] adjusted my progesterone and estradiol - my third transfer was successful
[the RMA of Philadelphia] got back to me right away whenever I had questions. If she couldn't answer she would have the Dr. call me and it would all be the same day...Strengths - amazing communication, cleanliness, and great customer care. All the doctors really seem to care about your success. Weakness - ERA biopsy should be done in the beginning as a diagnostic test in my opinion - then maybe the first transfer would have been successful. I read this is mostly done at many clinics after the second failed, but I don't understand why they do that.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Each Dr. at RMA was great! I sincerely had a great experience and would highly recommend them to anyone I know. The communication was excellent. Dr. Freedman always made sure to call if it was good news or bad news and he showed compassion. You can tell he loves what he does and he wants to help people have families.
He genuinely cares about his patients, he treats you like family.
The communication was exceptional! I had a great experience and they really seemed to care. I was called back the same day each time I went in and all my questions were answered right away. Again, the communication was KEY - and they did an amazing job!
I went through 1 egg retrieval and three IVF transfers. The First ended in Chemical pregnancy which was devastating, the second did not stick - before the third I was asked to do a ERA biopsy to detect my timing to see if it was unique - the results showed that the embryo needed to be transferred 12 hours earlier - Dr. Freedman adjusted my progesterone and estradiol - my third transfer was successful and I am now 12 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Sammy )
Sammy was amazing! She got back to me right away whenever I had questions. If she couldn't answer she would have the Dr. call me and it would all be the same day. She was truly a saint during the entire process.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe Martin Freedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
I appreciate that Dr. Freedman feels so strongly about single embryo transfers. He cares about the embryos and the mothers - there are many risks to having two embryos transferred - so if you are healthy - just do one.
2020, Consult
Dr. Thorne was absolutely amazing. I could ask him anything and he never made me feel stupid for asking. He always answered my questions super honest and didn’t sugar coat it but did it in good taste...We decided we would do 2 rounds of IUI before moving onto IVF if those failed and at no point did he push doing IVF sooner...
Anytime I would email her [our RMA nurse] with questions she got back to me immediately. Any appointments I had I requested results via email and she would email me my results a couple hours after my appointment...then over the phone met with the financial department. They were VERY helpful. She had everything broken down for me, what my insurance plan covered, didn’t cover, when it would kick in and individual prices for procedures that I was planning on getting.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Thorne was always very clear about what we would try next. We did all of the baseline appointments and semen analysis and everything came back fine. We decided we would do 2 rounds of IUI before moving onto IVF if those failed and at no point did he push doing IVF sooner. During my first round of IUI he found a polyp in my uterus we decided to continue with the IUI when that failed we decided to remove the polyp before the second round. Removed the polyp started our second round of IUI and it was successful!
He is very kind and compassionate. He takes his time during your appointments so you can ask any questions you might have. He is very vocal during procedures of what he going to do and as it’s happening what he is doing and what is happening next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Brooke)
Brooke was amazing. Anytime I would email her with questions she got back to me immediately. Any appointments I had I requested results via email and she would email me my results a couple hours after my appointment.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The front desk staff changed from when I first started going. The staff at the beginning was very warm and friendly then towards the end they were younger, rushed and didn’t interact. Once you have your original consultation(they chose my doctor for me) I then over the phone met with the financial department. They were VERY helpful. She had everything broken down for me, what my insurance plan covered, didn’t cover, when it would kick in and individual prices for procedures that I was planning on getting.

2015 - 2020, Successful
The wait time during appointment is good. The [RMA of Philadelphia] staff bedside manner and promptness is excellent. From the staff to the nurse to the doctor they were all welcoming...The nursing staff were all friendly and accommodating. If you have questions you can call them and responds very well...My last IVF treatment cost is 14500$ and medications is 3500$
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum was such a great doctor. He showed compassions and supportive during the entire process. He wants everything to go smoothly especially in times that is an uncomfortable phase in your life. He will help you and guide you all through out. Hes also comforting in times we had failed procedure but gave you assurance and very accomodating and knowledgeable in his practice. We are thankful for him and recommended him to several of my friends.
I highly recommend Dr Castelbaum to future client beacause his experitise and knowledgeable will help them in achieving their goals.
He listens very well to our concerns and respectively open suggestions to his expertise
I did traditional IVf and mini round IVF protocols the difference is just the injectable dosage but other treatment protocol is the same
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The overall clinics staff and doctors were highly recommended. The wait time during appointment is good. The staff bedside manner and promptness is excellent. From the staff to the nurse to the doctor they were all welcoming.
You can go in for your monitoring for your convenient time
My last IVF treatment cost is 14500$ and medications is 3500$
The clinic preferred single transfer to avoid multiple birth and other gestational problems.
2014 - 2020, Successful
Dr Castelbaum was honest and explained things in a way we understood. He never made us feel rushed, pressured us to spend more or pursue treatments that would not be successful. We always could count on his honesty and realistic input. He was always compassionate and patient too...He is a big advocate for eSET.
[our nurse] was patient kind and thorough. She was quick to respond and worked so hard for us...RMA is excellent. I travelled from out of state twice to receive treatment with them...out of state frozen embryo transfer of donor embryo $5,000. medication was $2000...They just have a wonderful team...My only extra advice would be to ask for the financial info ahead of treatment so you are not surprised.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
If you have questions, ask. He has a wealth of information, research and experience. He knows what he is doing. He wants everyone to feel empowered j. their decisions through the process - so if you feel unsure you should ask why and he will gladly give research to back up his methods.
Dr Castlebaum was always quick to respond to questions, was kind and always made me feel like a valued patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana was patient kind and thorough. She was quick to respond and worked so hard for us.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
RMA is excellent. I travelled from out of state twice to receive treatment with them. The entire office is quick to respond and polite. The nurses and doctors are through (even if it’s not your primary doctor they review things so thoroughly). We loved the embryologists and the surgical nurses as well. They just have a wonderful team. RMA is up to date on research and have excellent pregnancy rates. I’d highly recommend looking them up on SART. My only extra advice would be to ask for the financial info ahead of treatment so you are not surprised.
He is a big advocate for eSET.
Langhorne

Treated like a human. Treated with respect and compassion. Questioned answered promptly. ... Dr. Gutmann is straightforward and honest. She doesn’t sugar coat. She’s clinical and factual. She has a great balance of compassion and empathy. She’s trustworthy and knowledgeable. She advocates for the LGBTQ community. She is present in groups outside of RMA to help educate the community
Clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] is great! It’s warm. Staff is amazingly compassionate. They are understanding and positive. They know your name and face. They answer questions and concerns. They go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need. ... My trigger shot script wasn’t sent to my pharmacy in time and I had to drive to a pharmacy outside of Philly the day I needed my shot to get the shot
How was your experience with Jacqueline Gutmann at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Gutmann is straightforward and honest. She doesn’t sugar coat. She’s clinical and factual. She has a great balance of compassion and empathy. She’s trustworthy and knowledgeable. She advocates for the LGBTQ community. She is present in groups outside of RMA to help educate the community.
If you want someone who knows what they are doing and is honest and clinical then Dr. Gutmann is for you!
Treated like a human. Treated with respect and compassion. Questioned answered promptly. Nurses are amazing. I can’t say enough good about Gutmann and RMA phila
We started with basic testing. From there we talked about possible routes of treatment. We were given multiple options from a natural cycle to the use of some meds to help time IUI perfectly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Carina, Blanca, Shannon, Jenn. )
All are amazing. Especially during this time of a pandemic
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Clinic is great! It’s warm. Staff is amazingly compassionate. They are understanding and positive. They know your name and face. They answer questions and concerns. They go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need.
2020, Consult
Dr. Lange is very thoughtful, considerate, warm, and sensitive to my needs! She is a very good listener and I always felt comfortable speaking to her. One thing that I especially appreciate is that I feel she weighs things out carefully and is not quick to rush into anything...She seems very skilled and knowledge and I really have confidence in her
I found this clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] to be very organized and the staff seemed very caring and patient. The staff was quick to return emails. The office was also very clean. I liked how there was more than one location so I could go to the office that Dr. Lange was at...All the nurses were warm, friendly, and very quick to respond to emails.
How was your experience with Allison Lange at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Lange is very thoughtful, considerate, warm, and sensitive to my needs! She is a very good listener and I always felt comfortable speaking to her. One thing that I especially appreciate is that I feel she weighs things out carefully and is not quick to rush into anything. I only started seeing her recently but I right away intuitely felt like I could trust her! She seems very skilled and knowledge and I really have confidence in her. She is very patient with questions and I feel she takes her time in trying to explain things. I highly recommend her!
She was very sensitive and caring and I always had the impression that she truly had my best interests in mind!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
All the nurses were warm, friendly, and very quick to respond to emails.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I found this clinic to be very organized and the staff seemed very caring and patient. The staff was quick to return emails. The office was also very clean. I liked how there was more than one location so I could go to the office that Dr. Lange was at.
King of Prussia
Every appointment with [Dr. Thorne] was amazing. I really felt like he cared to help me get pregnant. I felt like every appointment he knew exactly who I was and remembered our previous conversations. I wanted him to continue my care as an OB...We had to remove polyps in the uterus and it only Took one try at IUI and I was pregnant. I would see him again over and over if I needed to.
Everything [at RMA of Philadelphia] was amazing. From Tiffany doing my blood draws when my veins are complicated. The front desk girls were always friendly and kind. I would always tell everyone how nice every single person was that I encountered m. I never had a bad experience...[nursing staff was] Amazing!
How was your experience with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
Amazing! Every appointment I felt confident that I would get pregnant. We had to remove polyps in the uterus and it only Took one try at IUI and I was pregnant. I would see him again over and over if I needed to.
Go see him you will not be disappointed.
Every appointment with him was amazing. I really felt like he cared to help me get pregnant. I felt like every appointment he knew exactly who I was and remembered our previous conversations. I wanted him to continue my care as an OB.
First we did an HSG and Hysteroscopy to see what was going on if anything. Then we noticed there were polyps in my uterus. We removed the polyps and moved right into IUI where I became pregnant first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Ceil and Denise I spoke with )
Amazing!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Everything was amazing. From Tiffany doing my blood draws when my veins are complicated. The front desk girls were always friendly and kind. I would always tell everyone how nice every single person was that I encountered m. I never had a bad experience
Minimal. My insurance covered almost everything.
Langhorne
He [Dr. Thorne] was a great doctor that always communicated clearly and answered all my questions compassionately but throughly. He also considered alternatives to medication rather than sticking to one course of action and not considering my wishes. He also explained each step and what to expect. I would recommend him to anyone considering IVF.
They [RMA of Philadelphia staff] were very flexible with scheduling and always had early morning appointments available. I never had to wait too long. They also help with talking to your insurance company before treatment so you fully understand the cost. Their surgical center was fantastic. The nurses made you comfortable and the doctors are all friendly.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Thorne at RMA of Philadelphia?
He was a great doctor that always communicated clearly and answered all my questions compassionately but throughly. He also considered alternatives to medication rather than sticking to one course of action and not considering my wishes. He also explained each step and what to expect. I would recommend him to anyone considering IVF.
He is the best!
He was kind and always took the time to explain everything that was going on and why.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
They were very flexible with scheduling and always had early morning appointments available. I never had to wait too long. They also help with talking to your insurance company before treatment so you fully understand the cost. Their surgical center was fantastic. The nurses made you comfortable and the doctors are all friendly.