Genetic counseling: Offered
San Antonio - Stone Oak
19296 Stone Oak Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78258
210.337.845
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) to a friend?

When first researching her [Dr. Natalie Crawford], I didn't like her strong social media presence and the fact that she talked about patients (without mentioning their names) on social media...My first consultation was OK. During one point in the consultation I got upset (Infertility is emotional people, but I'm preaching to the choir, you all know this.). Dr. Crawford just kept talking and didn't stop to address my emotions. This should have been my first red flag.
During my previous visit, I mentioned to Dr. Crawford, my fertility coach, and other staff [at Aspire] how uncomfortable my husband would be giving the SA. Even leading up to our appointment, I spoke back and forth with office staff on the possibility of him doing it at home and bringing his sample in...they placed my husband in a room right by the nurses desk and the waiting room. He could hear every word the nurses said, every person who checked in at the desk, and even when they called me back to our consultation room. Why would they have not taken notes about how uncomfortable I told him he would be and placed him in the room furthest away from everyone? Instead, they placed him in the least private of all the SA rooms
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Summary: Dr. Crawford has poor bedside manner when dealing with emotional patients. My OGBYN referred me to Dr. Crawford. When first researching her, I didn't like her strong social media presence and the fact that she talked about patients (without mentioning their names) on social media. I also lived over an hour away from her office, so it would be a pain to make the trip often; however, my OGBYN loved her so I decided to give her a try. My first consultation was OK. During one point in the consultation I got upset (Infertility is emotional people, but I'm preaching to the choir, you all know this.). Dr. Crawford just kept talking and didn't stop to address my emotions. This should have been my first red flag. However, I let it go with the thought that maybe she thought if she just kept talking I would be able to pull myself together and we could move forward. I came back for my second appointment for my husband to do a semen analysis (SA). Once his SA was complete, Dr. Crawford would be able to go over next steps with us. During my previous visit, I mentioned to Dr. Crawford, my fertility coach, and other staff how uncomfortable my husband would be giving the SA. Even leading up to our appointment, I spoke back and forth with office staff on the possibility of him doing it at home and bringing his sample in. Ultimately, he decided to do the analysis in the office because we were concerned with the 1 hour time frame that we had to get the sample to the lab (remember, we live 1 hour away) . The day of our appointment, they placed my husband in a room right by the nurses desk and the waiting room. He could hear every word the nurses said, every person who checked in at the desk, and even when they called me back to our consultation room. Why would they have not taken notes about how uncomfortable I told him he would be and placed him in the room furthest away from everyone? Instead, they placed him in the least private of all the SA rooms. Unfortunately, he was not able to provide a SA. We then waited on Dr. Crawford for our consultation. We were greeted by a nurse who said Dr. Crawford would not be able to see us today because my husband had not been able to provide a SA. I immediately start crying. First, We had driven an hour, how can she not just come into the room and talk to us and explain possible options (option 1: if his SA came back good. option 2: if it came back bad). Second, I'm her patient too, not just him. Come talk to me and my husband about what's going on with me and the blood work results from the last appointment. Because I got upset, the nurse went to get Dr. Crawford. As soon as she entered the room Dr. Crawford was on the defense. Instead of giving me a chance to talk and explain my concerns, she immediately started explain why it was unethical for her to treat us without his SA. Unfortunately, I tried to talk over her in order for me to express my concerns. Her response: "I feel like you are personally attacking me." UMMM.... WHAT?!? She then proceeded to say "It's unethical for me to f***ing take your money without his SA." So now she has refused to see us, said I was attacking her, and she cursed. I should have trusted my gut from my first consultation when she ignored me when I got upset and kept talking. Based on her reaction to my emotions at my second appointment, she clearly needs more work in how to properly deal with patient emotions. I needed a hug, a "it's going to be OK, here are next steps," not cursing and refusal to see me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Crawford at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Don't try to confront her, she'll curse and say you are personally attacking her.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Crawford at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
$40 copay based on my insurance
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
After my first consultation, I was supposed to take an antibiotic. When I got to my pharmacy, over an hour after my appointment, they still did not have my prescription. I emailed my nurse and she immediately called it in, apologized, and asked my pharmacy to do what they could to fill it quickly because I was waiting.

2019 - 2020
He [John Wu] seemed genuine - called me himself or explained things when I didn’t get an update. Was apologizing for a mistake the lab made etc...He explained things in an understandable manner. I didn’t leave with questions of his explanations. I did however feel post failed transfer that there was things that should have been explained better which could have told us more information - having now done more research of my own...Do your own in-depth research and ask questions
I only had 1 to transfer [at Aspire Fertility]...I was told I would know something end of day 6 with no update...My embryologist didn’t update me on day 6 post egg retrieval that was said in my day 3 update. I was told I would know something end of day 6 with no update. When I called - no one was there to take my call as it was after 5. I got a call from my nurse for the next step but still didn’t know if we hAd any embryos that made it. She was able to get the Dr on the phone to go over the results of my embryos with me and scheduled my next appointment himself
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with John Wu at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wu at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Do your own in-depth research and ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wu at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
He seemed genuine - called me himself or explained things when I didn’t get an update. Was apologizing for a mistake the lab made etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Shab)
She was available to answer questions, quick to get back to me when I had a question. Explained things so it was understand and sent calendars for it to be in writing
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I loved the clinic - clean, beautiful, and well kept. The staff was nice and seemed to know who I was when I walked in. Rooms always clean. Not long waits in the lobby. Labs were done at the facility some of which were run in-house and others as send out. I always knew results within a few hours of the draw.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wu at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
We were self pay as this clinic didn’t accept our insurance. It was approximately 14,000 out of pocket not including medication
Describe John Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I only had 1 to transfer
John Wu
Austin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Wu at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

[Dr. Natalie Crawford's] explanations of each step of the IVF process were broken down into terms that anyone could understand. Because of these reasons, it took what was a very nerve racking consultation appointment with very negative expectations, and turned it into a hopeful and positive outlook on the future family we're going to create together...She is patient and super positive. Always open to additional questions and even encourages them. So far, no weaknesses, but we're still very early in the process...She'll shoot you straight, explain things thoroughly and have a very direct approach on the path forward for your family. You'll leave with all the question marks in your mind answered.
IVF treatment was above average in cost [at Aspire Fertility]...Probably the biggest weakness is the cost of the IVF procedure. It is on the high side compared to industry averages we've researched. Strength of the clinic was it was organized and things seemed to run on time without feeling rushed. Perhaps the scheduling is done in such a manner that enough buffer time is left for each patient...The nurses are understanding, compassionate, patient and generally just pleasant to be around. They seem really invested in the positive outcome each patient is looking for. We definitely felt their positive energy when we were in the office.
Dr. Crawford's strengths are her ability to take a very complicated, and overwhelming process and break it down into simpler terms to help you visualize and understand it. She is patient and super positive. Always open to additional questions and even encourages them. So far, no weaknesses, but we're still very early in the process.
If you're a potential for IVF treatment, have a consultation. She'll shoot you straight, explain things thoroughly and have a very direct approach on the path forward for your family. You'll leave with all the question marks in your mind answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Crawford at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
She took the time to explain the diagnosis and her recommended next steps in great length. She never seemed in a hurry, and fielded many questions from my husband and me. Her explanations of each step of the IVF process were broken down into terms that anyone could understand. Because of these reasons, it took what was a very nerve racking consultation appointment with very negative expectations, and turned it into a hopeful and positive outlook on the future family we're going to create together. It was challenging to find reliable information on the web. Based on what I learned from Dr. Crawford, there's a lot of outdated and misleading information that I ran into on the web. My hope is that someone will find their way to this review and feel the sense of comfort that I got after my visit with Dr. Crawford.
Describe the protocols Natalie Crawford used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
Cycle Management Fee IVF Class Mock Transfer Monitoring Appointments: Office Visits, Labs, and Ultrasounds Monitoring Labs Include: Estradiol, Progesterone, and BETA-HCG Anesthesia Fees Egg Retrieval Egg Identification Sperm Preparation Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) Culture of Embryos Assisted Hatching (If Necessary) Embryo Blast Embryo Sampling PGS (includes unlimited testing for 1 year) Embryo Cryopreservation (includes 1 year of storage) Embryo Thawing Embryo Transfer Preparation Embryo Transfer Emotional Wellness Session First Pregnancy Test Must be completed within 12 months of commencement Menopur 75 IU 22 Follistim AQ 300 IU 1 Follisitim AQ 900 IU 3 Pregnyl 10,000 IU 1 Leuprolide Acetate 2 Week Kit 1
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
IVF treatment was above average in cost
Describe Natalie Crawford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Her recommendation is eSET.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Skillern really promotes single embryo transfer. ... She was available on nearly every visit. ... She does not sugar coat things, but she shows compassion. She is relatable, trustworthy, honest. Many tests to determine reasons for infertility. 4 egg retrieval’s. Genetic testing on embryos. Biopsy of my uterus to determine correct day of implant. 2 embryos implanted. 3 frozen embryos.
They [Aspire Fertility] respect your time with visits. Their facility is immaculate. Their team is spot on. They are a bit more expensive than other, but I’d pay it all again after my experience. Post baby they invite you back in for a foot print ceremony. They personalize the entire experience. Having the acupuncture in the office is a plus as well! Misty is wonderful.,
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Amanda Skillern at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr Skillern is brilliant. She does not sugar coat things, but she shows compassion. She is relatable, trustworthy, honest. She was available on nearly every visit. She set realistic expectations and gave us a game plan for each cycle .. making modifications to get better results each time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amanda Skillern at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
She’s a professional. She is busy, but she treats your case as though it is important. She gets excited when good things happen for you and is genuinely sad when things don’t go as planned. She is wonderful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amanda Skillern at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
The clinic always knew my name- from when I entered at the front desk to the women who took my blood. I never had to wait more than 8-10 minutes. They respected my time.
Describe the protocols Amanda Skillern used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Mellisa, Natalie. )
All nursing staff is great. Diana, Ricki is the best, Melissa and Natalie whom are no longer there.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
They respect your time with visits. Their facility is immaculate. Their team is spot on. They are a bit more expensive than other, but I’d pay it all again after my experience. Post baby they invite you back in for a foot print ceremony. They personalize the entire experience. Having the acupuncture in the office is a plus as well! Misty is wonderful.,
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amanda Skillern at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
RMA is on the expensive side... but worth every penny.
Describe Amanda Skillern's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Dr Skillern really promotes single embryo transfer. Pre-consultation I always envisioned implanting more than one embryo. After listening to her reasons, I agree with her decision to implant one at a time.
Austin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amanda Skillern at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

Dr. Mak is brilliant. Had I listened to her originally I would have been further along in this process. I trust her completely and appreciate her dedication to my case. Not only does she personally respond to e-mails she checks up on you during appointments. She never makes us feel uncomfortable and throughly explains everything. ... We had a minor set back during the mock transfer that is all cleaned up now. I did 3 months on Lupron and now we are ready to start invocell ivf.
Being close to downtown Austin can be intimidating, but parking is free with validation. The clinic staff [Aspire Fertility/RMA Austin] will ensure you have that before you leave. Each member on your way in and out greet you and know you by name despite having so many patients. The facility is warm and welcoming. ... My coordinator Collins has replied to every email and answered every question. She did everything she could to help me work with my insurance. They’re all great people.
Black or African-American, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Winifred Mak at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr. Mak is brilliant. Had I listened to her originally I would have been further along in this process. I trust her completely and appreciate her dedication to my case. Not only does she personally respond to e-mails she checks up on you during appointments. She never makes us feel uncomfortable and throughly explains everything. It’s also nice that I get to personally see her for my visits rather than being pawned off because she’s a really busy doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Winifred Mak at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Be ready to hear the truth and accept it. She has great bedside manner but everything she is telling you is fact and it’s better to absorb than to run from it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Winifred Mak at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
RMA of Austin makes you feel like a person and not like a number. Dr.Mak will personally respond to emails. Her team will talk you through everything and don’t make you feel bad for not being able to afford treatments. They work to find you alternatives instead.
Describe the protocols Winifred Mak used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
I haven’t had any cycles yet, but we are in the prep phase. We had a minor set back during the mock transfer that is all cleaned up now. I did 3 months on Lupron and now we are ready to start invocell ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Brittany Cable)
Brittany and Rikki are amazing. They make me feel comfortable even though I ask a million questions. My coordinator Collins has replied to every email and answered every question. She did everything she could to help me work with my insurance. They’re all great people.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Being close to downtown Austin can be intimidating, but parking is free with validation. The clinic staff will ensure you have that before you leave. Each member on your way in and out greet you and know you by name despite having so many patients. The facility is warm and welcoming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Winifred Mak at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
My invocell is going to be $8600. My past treatments (mock transfer and saline ultrasound) were under $400.
Describe Winifred Mak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
None. Dr. Mak explained the risks I could face with doing a multiple transfer and I accept that a single is my best route.
Winifred Mak
Austin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Winifred Mak at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Despite being diagnosed with fibroid (which are a KNOWN cause of infertility), she [Dr. Amanda Skillern] wanted us to move forward with IUI or IVF. I asked about surgery to remove them to which she replied, "No, we'll leave them in. That would be a bloody mess." She only wanted money from us and didn't care about the outcome.... She was candid about me having fibroids but completely focused on getting us to move forward with IUI or IVF. She never provided any other alternatives and was just matter of fact in saying that I had "unexplained infertility" -- which was most definitely not the case after a second opinion
They [Aspire/RMA of TX] don't provide you much information, even if you ask for it regarding IUI or IVF pricing and procedures. That's a huge life decision that you don't just jump into blindly. After two weeks of calling every other day, the info they provided was only high level pricing and zero details. They need to get their stuff together!... When seeking a second opinion, a records request was sent 3 weeks in advance. My new doctor never received any records. While sitting in the doctors office, we called them about this and they blatantly lied to us telling us it had been sent, but they'd send it over now. Still to this day, it was never received by the new doctor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She was candid about me having fibroids but completely focused on getting us to move forward with IUI or IVF. She never provided any other alternatives and was just matter of fact in saying that I had "unexplained infertility" -- which was most definitely not the case after a second opinion. She's a second rate doctor that should find another profession.
Go somewhere else and don't waste your time with her!! She's awful!!
Despite being diagnosed with fibroid (which are a KNOWN cause of infertility), she wanted us to move forward with IUI or IVF. I asked about surgery to remove them to which she replied, "No, we'll leave them in. That would be a bloody mess." She only wanted money from us and didn't care about the outcome.
They were very nice, but not organized. I got passed off to 3 different nurses for a simple blood draw. VERY weird!!!!!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
They don't provide you much information, even if you ask for it regarding IUI or IVF pricing and procedures. That's a huge life decision that you don't just jump into blindly. After two weeks of calling every other day, the info they provided was only high level pricing and zero details. They need to get their stuff together!
Initially just copays. But ended up having to pay out of pocket because they fraudulently coded my consultation as "infertility". All I went to them for was diagnostics!!! She never did ANY procedures or treatments on me.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
When seeking a second opinion, a records request was sent 3 weeks in advance. My new doctor never received any records. While sitting in the doctors office, we called them about this and they blatantly lied to us telling us it had been sent, but they'd send it over now. Still to this day, it was never received by the new doctor. They also fraudulently coded my consultation as an "infertility" visit. Took months of working with my insurance company and back and forth with the practice manager, but was never able to get it fully resolved. Ended up having to pay out of pocket for what would have been fully covered by insurance for diagnostics because they used the word "infertility".
Austin

We thought everything was being check with our blood draws and come to find out she [Dr. Skillern] never tested our husband's testosterone levels. We found this out after 2 retrievals and couldn't believe this wasn't done before hand. We wasted two potential cycles and hard earned money as insurance didn't cover IVF. Extremely disappointed.
We thought everything was being check with our blood draws and come to find out she never tested our husband's testosterone levels. We found this out after 2 retrievals and couldn't believe this wasn't done before hand. We wasted two potential cycles and hard earned money as insurance didn't cover IVF. Extremely disappointed.
I would seek several other opinions before choosing your doctor.
She was always so busy with patients, you only get to talk with her if you schedule an appointment after that you only get to email with your nurse and she's busy too. It's such a stressful experience would have hoped they'd be there for you.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
We had two unsuccessful retrievals when we were trusting in Dr. Skillern to have our best interest at heart. We went to RMA with Male infertility issues and couldn't believe after the two cycles that she never tested my husband's testosterone levels which is a key factor in three success of IVF. We spend over $30,000 without help from insurance and are still trying to work off that debt. A year after we were called by RMA that we owe money for the storage of our abnormal embryos, never once contacted about this until they asked for money. It was resolved but couldn't believe it when we got the invoice. They offered us a discount for a third cycle and never discussed time restraints when when asked. We had some unfortunate medical issues arise and we unable to commit until a year after. Now the discount is no longer available! A few months ago it would of cost $3,000 with insurance covering upto $10,000 and we're being told $17,000+ out of pocket.
$30,000+ for 2 retrievals

2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
My husband and I both felt very comfortable with Dr Arredondo from the initial consultation throughout our years of treatment. His passion and knowledge was very evident!! We loved how easy it was to just sit and ask questions... Because his main office is in San Antonio, we did not see him at every appointment but we had equally great interactions with other doctors in his practice!
The staff at RMA felt like a true team! There were many moving parts to our particular situation with using adopted embryos and we felt well informed and guided through many unknowns!!... I like the location of the office and that the appointments have always been on time. The RMA team is professional and personal! To a new patient, I would say to have a consultation with more than one doctor and find who you feel connected to because that dynamic is very personal.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
My husband and I both felt very comfortable with Dr Arredondo from the initial consultation throughout our years of treatment. His passion and knowledge was very evident!! We loved how easy it was to just sit and ask questions...and felt like his questions to us were not just clinical but really covered emotional, financial, relational topics as well! Because his main office is in San Antonio, we did not see him at every appointment but we had equally great interactions with other doctors in his practice!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Arredondo at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
If it is important to you to see the same doctor at every appointment, you may want to travel to San Antonio to see Dr. Arredondo or choose another doctor at RMA who is always in Austin! We also fell in love with Dr. Skillern, who did our embryo transfer and who will do our next transfer as well!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Arredondo at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Describe the protocols Francisco Arredondo used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
With our embryo transfer, we wanted to try a natural cycle because I had taken many medications in previous fertility attempts. He and his staff were supportive in our wishes but also advised and encouraged when to deviate from our original plan, such as the need for progesterone after the transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Inthira-coordinator)
I never had a negative experience with any care at RMA! When facing challenges getting our embryos transported from Houston to Austin, as well as getting my thyroid medication dosage just right, our transfer was delayed many times. It was frustrating and emotional, but I never felt like I was tackling it on my own! My coordinator, Inthira, was so positive and was in constant communication! She felt like a true friend, helping me figure it all out!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I love RMA and am so thankful for how they walked through disappointments and heartbreak as well as dreams coming true for our family! I like the location of the office and that the appointments have always been on time. The RMA team is professional and personal! To a new patient, I would say to have a consultation with more than one doctor and find who you feel connected to because that dynamic is very personal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Arredondo at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
IVF $15,000 Embryo Transfer/meds $6,000
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
My husband had to have labs re-drawn...not sure if they didn’t take enough blood or it was misplaced.
Francisco Arredondo
Austin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Francisco Arredondo at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

She [Dr Amanda Skillern] was very honest and transparent. No sugar coating. She knew me and my husband and made me feel very comfortable. I never felt like their office was extremely busy and they were getting me in and out. I always had great conversation and she answered all my questions. She even gave me her email address if I needed anything.
I was fortunate enough to have insurance that covered IVF [at RMA of Taxas in Austin]. I only had to pay 20% after my deductible was met. I did pay for CCS services and that was $2,500 I think cash payment of IVF ranged from 10k-25k...All the staff were fantastic! I had a fertility coach who helped guide me with our plan and medications. She was great at helping and always was available to answer questions.
Got pregnant on our 1st round of IVF with RMA under her care. She was fantastic and I highly recommend. She always set expectations and was in every appointment besides blood draws. Loved her!
She will be very frank with you and not sugar coat. She does not talk to much about the future and talks about today and the next step. I'm a huge planner, so it took me awhile to adjust to this, but with infertility it was the best for me. You can't plan to far ahead with this. You need to be in the moment and think about today and the next appointment and what needs to be done between then.
He was so great with our care. She was very honest and transparent. No sugar coating. She knew me and my husband and made me feel very comfortable. I never felt like their office was extremely busy and they were getting me in and out. I always had great conversation and she answered all my questions. She even gave me her email address if I needed anything.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Great! Clean and modern. Staff was fantastic and felt like home. I was kind of sad to be released to my OB because I had been ther so often.
I was fortunate enough to have insurance that covered IVF. I only had to pay 20% after my deductible was met. I did pay for CCS services and that was $2,500 I think cash payment of IVF ranged from 10k-25k
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
The only hiccup we had was the insurance coordinator forgot to send over the results from my husbands SA to the urologist for his appointment. It ended up not mattering as it was unexplained MFI.
Austin

Dr. Skillern is not the most touchy-feely, but she is very honest and pretty easy to talk to. She was completely up-front with us from the get-go, and seemed to communicate with myself and my husband as equals. Also, did every appointment except for blood draws, and was always willing to answer a call or email if I had questions...I always felt like a human, the practice seemed relatively small, never a long wait or crowded waiting room, and the doctors, nurses, and staff were always warm and friendly and answered any questions I had quickly and thoroughly...
The [RMA - Austin] clinic is small and cozy. It is well decorated and relaxing and there was never more than one other person in the waiting room in all my visits. Also I never waited more than 5 minutes for an appointment and the doctor was never double-booked for an appointment time (unlike other clinics in town we tried). The clinic staff is also well organized and easy to deal with in case of insurance issues or other admin questions...
I used the antagonist protocol, with a couple weeks of birth control pills before starting stims. Because of my large follicle count, and risk of OHSS, we planned a freeze-all cycle from the beginning. I started off with relatively conservative dosage amounts of Menopur and Follistim and did reduce as we moved forward. Also, since we did a freeze-all, I triggered with Luperon instead of HCG. I started with 24 eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, and 17 fertilized with ICSI. After six days, I had six remaining embryos for transfer. I was able to transfer my next cycle, after a hysteroscopy to double-check my uterus. Because of the grades of my embryos, we transferred one and it was successful.
I had one primary nurse who took care of my case and scheduling, she was very organized and good at explaining all the steps. She was also very thorough at our IVF class where we discussed my calendar and medications. Also, the rest of the staff including the other nurses and those who took blood and helped out with my retrieval and transfer were great. They make you feel welcome and I remember during my transfer having nearly all the nurses who worked with me while I was being treated in the room keeping my company and wishing me well.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
The clinic is small and cozy. It is well decorated and relaxing and there was never more than one other person in the waiting room in all my visits. Also I never waited more than 5 minutes for an appointment and the doctor was never double-booked for an appointment time (unlike other clinics in town we tried). The clinic staff is also well organized and easy to deal with in case of insurance issues or other admin questions.
Unfortunately I did not have insurance coverage for IVF. The clinic offers a service that provided a "bundle price" for the procedure plus medications that was lower than the "list price." For all meds, plus IVF, plus a frozen transfer I paid roughly $16,000. The clinic does a good job billing what they can to insurance and they helped me out writing care summaries and letters to insurance to get me a couple claims covered that were originally denied.
Austin

She [Dr. Amanda Skillern] is very blunt. I do appreciate this but prefer more compassion than I got from her. She did not do both of my egg retrieval’s which I didn’t appreciate. She set realistic expectations on how many eggs I should expect and viable embryos after testing. I haven’t done the transfer yet so can’t review that process.... She prescribed - Lupron 10 ml while taking birth control pill then I moved on to Follistim 300 IU, menopur , omnitrope 50 ml. Then Pregnyl shot.
[Aspire Fertility/RMA of TX is a] Very nice clinic. All facilities onsite including where you do the egg retrieval. Clean and parking is covered. My husband said the male quarters could be enhanced. Very small room with little frills.... Full IVF $17,000 after slight discount Egg retrieval $11,000. Testing covered under insurance since we are CF carriers.... Since I did two retrieval’s I have worked with two different nurses who were both great!
She is very blunt. I do appreciate this but prefer more compassion than I got from her. She did not do both of my egg retrieval’s which I didn’t appreciate. She set realistic expectations on how many eggs I should expect and viable embryos after testing. I haven’t done the transfer yet so can’t review that process.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzies. She is to the point and you won’t have a ton of interaction with her.
The nurses and front desk staff are very attentive. When with Dr. Skillern she seems rushed at times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Charlotte Purdy & Ricky Richardson )
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
She will only do a single embryo transfer. I don’t have many viable embryos so I am ok with this method. If I had more and wasn’t doing PGD and PGS testing I may feel different.
Austin

I would listen to her [Dr. Natalie Crawford's] podcast As A Woman she discusses great topics and when you go in you know some of the lingo and what to expect...She went over every detail with me and made me feel more like a cousin than a patients. She asked me if I had any questions or concerns after every statement she would make...She has excellent bedside manner, for instance I had my hsg done and found out my left tube had hydrosalpinx. Dr. Crawford explained what that meant and gave me percentages on me getting pregnant naturally, went over the risk of not removing that tube and gave excellent analogies to help my husband and I understand. She is just amazing all around
I had to do genetic carrier screening [at Aspire Fertility] which was 8 tubes of blood, I waited for my results then I asked about them at my next follow up 2 weeks later and they couldn’t find them so i will have to redo the screening...Strengths would be it’s very open and huge, they have an acupuncture room and several consult, and sonogram rooms. Everyone makes you feel comfortable and you are checked in immediately and can have coffee while waiting
I would listen to her podcast As A Woman she discusses great topics and when you go in you know some of the lingo and what to expect
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Collins Anderson)
Collins is the care coordinator and she is amazing! She kept me up to date on everything schedulers my appts and made sure she called to check in after
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
I had to do genetic carrier screening which was 8 tubes of blood, I waited for my results then I asked about them at my next follow up 2 weeks later and they couldn’t find them so i will have to redo the screening
Austin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalie Crawford at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Skillern was great, but at times I felt she was rushed or didn't take time to reassure me in the midst of concerns. She did everything right though, and I'm pregnant now. Compared to experiences I've heard at other clinics, she is a lot more on top of potential complications and preventing them. I didn't mind her blunt personality... My protocols seemed to be fairly standard. They do use birth control to start your cycle at the best time for them to manage office visits, but that actually helped my cycles to go by the book.
[RMA-Austin is] Small, stay on schedule, quick in and out, all services done in house, but they do keep everyone on a similar schedule so it can feel like an assembly line if you let it. I didn't mind it and appreciated that they started on time.... My protocols seemed to be fairly standard. They do use birth control to start your cycle at the best time for them to manage office visits, but that actually helped my cycles to go by the book.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Be patient and trust her.
Lots of patients in and out in a short period of time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Melissa Harmon)
They were busy so responses were sometimes delayed, but overall they were great.
Covered under work benefits
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Just prior to a surgery there was some confusion on whether the post op meds would be called in before or after. It was resolved with one phone call.

IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Sperm
She [Dr. Amanda Skillern] is pretty frank in the chances of conception. She does seem to go through a planned script but I imagine that is intentional to be sure all details are in order...Dr. Skillern is not chatty and no nonsense. There is no time for banter. Come prepared...The baseline examinations are very quick. If you have questions during a procedure, be sure to let them know you have questions and they need to be answered.
[The nurses at RMA of Texas] Very thorough in answering of questions and timely in getting back to me during stimulation cycle...the self pay price with genetic testing is about $20,000 + medication...They seem very organized and centrally located...16 eggs produced, 9 fertilized, 2 made to embryo stage, 1 was normal Lupron = 20 units for 10 days / 10 units during stimulation phase Follistim = 150 IU for 11 days Menopur = 150 IU for 11 days Omnitrope = 25 IU for 11 days I had a failed cycle before where the embryo was not normal. Omnitrope was added to the protocol and not covered by insurance.
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Be sure to come prepared with any questions you have in advance. The baseline examinations are very quick. If you have questions during a procedure, be sure to let them know you have questions and they need to be answered.
She is pretty frank in the chances of conception. She does seem to go through a planned script but I imagine that is intentional to be sure all details are in order.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
They seem very organized and centrally located.
I have insurance so that changes things but the self pay price with genetic testing is about $20,000 + medication
Doctor has strong preference for eSET

2015 - 2019
Dr. Crawford is the exact right combination of sweet and compassionate and direct and knowledgeable. We have been with her for a long time after a bad first experience with another doctor. She is very accepting of us as a same Sex couple and me as a person. She advocates for her patients and I trust her...We did both clomid pills and injectable and femara. It takes a lot of medicine to make my body ovulate so tried both pills and injectables.
The clinic [Aspire Fertility/RMA of Texas] is really well run, I genuinely have no complaints. Everyone is so nice and efficient. Make sure you speak up if you have concerns so the staff can make you feel better. And if it’s getting late in the day and you are waiting for a phone call about a pregnancy test just call them. I love this clinic. It’s clean, well run and nice people...We did both clomid pills and injectable and femara. It takes a lot of medicine to make my body ovulate so tried both pills and injectables.
2015 - 2019
European, Prefer not to answer
Tell her everything, all your fears and doubts.
Dr. Crawford always takes as much time as needed to answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
The clinic is really well run, I genuinely have no complaints. Everyone is so nice and efficient. Make sure you speak up if you have concerns so the staff can make you feel better. And if it’s getting late in the day and you are waiting for a phone call about a pregnancy test just call them. I love this clinic. It’s clean, well run and nice people.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Kelley has a very sweet and kind demeanor but is also very clearly knowledgeable. She is able to deliver hard information gently and educate you on what's happening with your body in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand...As of now, I have only gone through the diagnosis and decision making process with Dr. Kelley and will be starting treatment soon. Dr. Kelley had to deliver very unexpected news to me and handled it with great care. I had no experience with fertility issues and she was very helpful in explaining my status and my options and was very understanding on where I was emotionally. Additionally, Dr. Kelley was awesome at responding to me and my emails filled with additional questions and/or concerns.
Morgan [nurse at Aspire Fertility] was great. She instructed my IVF class and took her time to ensure I understood everything I am going to have to do. She responds incredibly quickly to email and phone calls and has been a pleasure to work with...Aspire has been great. It has been easy to schedule appointments, the entire team has been great at communicating, setting expectations, and just helpful in every aspect. The clinic itself is very clean and comfortable...Dr. Kelley has a very sweet and kind demeanor but is also very clearly knowledgeable. She is able to deliver hard information gently and educate you on what's happening with your body in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Angela Kelley at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Kelley at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Morgan Weaver )
Morgan was great. She instructed my IVF class and took her time to ensure I understood everything I am going to have to do. She responds incredibly quickly to email and phone calls and has been a pleasure to work with.
Austin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Angela Kelley at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

2020
She [Dr. Angela Kelley] is very compassionate and caring. She was always very patient and would answer all of my questions. She asked personal & sincere questions like "How was your weekend?" and "How are you feeling?" I can tell that she really & truly cares...I felt very comfortable, relaxed with her. I have diminished ovarian reserve and she was very clear about the expectations. Each time, I felt very well-guided, and that there were no surprises ahead. Plus, she is just a very pleasant and nice person.
[The nurse at Aspire Fertility is] Very kind and very easy to understand. She is very organized and responsive to emails...Very short wait times. Very compassionate people, from the moment of check-in to check-out. Parking was easy to accessible - and free! Dr. Prokai did some of my scans and he was SO nice and personable as well. He and Dr. Kelley are truly a dream team and their staff is so wonderful! They are on-top of everything; the follow-up is really great.
2020
She is very compassionate and caring. She was always very patient and would answer all of my questions. She asked personal & sincere questions like "How was your weekend?" and "How are you feeling?" I can tell that she really & truly cares. <3
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Kelley at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I have Stork Fertility so the cycle was covered through insurance.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Amanda Skillern] is straight forward. She explains and she tells you what is best but still allows you to make the choice. She was always avilable or someone on the team was to answer any questions I had. I would recommend Dr Skillern. However my first transfer did result in pregnancy. I felt horrible and questioned myself but after meeting with the Dr she made me feel its not my fault and even put her own personal story out there.
Everyone [at Aspire Fertility] is helpful and does their best to accommodate you. From when you walk in the door until you leave. From the front desk to financial desk to the treatment room you feel special. I would refer this clinic because I always felt like I left knowing everything I needed to know and if I disnt I could always call or email.... [Dr. Amanda Skillern] is straight forward. She explains and she tells you what is best but still allows you to make the choice.
Latino, Black or African-American
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
She is straight forward. She explains and she tells you what is best but still allows you to make the choice. She was always avilable or someone on the team was to answer any questions I had. I would recommend Dr Skillern. However my first transfer did result in pregnancy. I felt horrible and questioned myself but after meeting with the Dr she made me feel its not my fault and even put her own personal story out there.
She will be honest and straight forward.
She has always been awesome and explained
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Everyone is helpful and does their best to accommodate you. From when you walk in the door until you leave. From the front desk to financial desk to the treatment room you feel special. I would refer this clinic because I always felt like I left knowing everything I needed to know and if I disnt I could always call or email.
Austin

[Dr. Angela Kelley] listened to the difficulties we were going through. She evaluated my old records and paid attention to the details. She discussed what treatment options were available and the risks/benefits of each and success rate of each. We felt like we had a clear plan and knew what to expect. Luckily for us, it only took one cycle of Femara for us to become pregnant and have our healthy daughter!...Femara 5 mg Day 3-7, with ultrasound monitoring, and then HCG trigger shot and timed intercourse... listened to my story to get a full picture of what my husband and I were going through.
Good access to the clinic [Aspire Fertility]. The team communicated well. Professional environment...Femara 5 mg Day 3-7, with ultrasound monitoring, and then HCG trigger shot and timed intercourse...Dr. Kelley listened to the difficulties we were going through. She evaluated my old records and paid attention to the details. She discussed what treatment options were available and the risks/benefits of each and success rate of each. We felt like we had a clear plan and knew what to expect. Luckily for us, it only took one cycle of Femara for us to become pregnant and have our healthy daughter!
Dr. Kelley listened to my story to get a full picture of what my husband and I were going through.
Describe the protocols Angela Kelley used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Good access to the clinic. The team communicated well. Professional environment.

2019 - 2020
We retrieved 26 eggs, 19 fertilized, and 10 made it to day 5 blastocyst [with Dr. Courtney Failor]...about to start prepping for my FET...is really sweet and understanding and makes sure you truly understand what is happening and does not move on until she knows you do not have any further questions...She is empathetic and informative and relays information very well. She is easy to contact and talk to and explains each step of the procedures and plans very well. The only negative is that the clinic is often busy so some of my appointments were very quick.
The only negative [at Aspire Fertility/RMA of Texas] is that the clinic is often busy so some of my appointments were very quick...We retrieved 26 eggs, 19 fertilized, and 10 made it to day 5 blastocyst...The nursing staff at Aspire Fertility San Antonio is amazing!! They are all so sweet and truly love what they do...they are always on time and quick to get to you. Even if they are behind they ensure they speak to you and let you know and get to you quickly. The only weakness is that their phone system is bad and it is difficult to reach them through the phone. Often I have to email my nurse or the main contact and ask them to call me in order to reach them.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Courtney Failor at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr. Failor is a great doctor. She is empathetic and informative and relays information very well. She is easy to contact and talk to and explains each step of the procedures and plans very well. The only negative is that the clinic is often busy so some of my appointments were very quick.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Failor at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
ASK QUESTIONS!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Failor at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr. Failor is really sweet and understanding and makes sure you truly understand what is happening and does not move on until she knows you do not have any further questions.
Describe the protocols Courtney Failor used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
With my GYN I tried clomid, and when I came to Dr. Failor she had stated after testing that IVF seemed to be my highest percentage of conceiving. First we had to have surgery for uterine polyps, then we began IVF. My dosage was low as she thought we would be successful on a low dose (due to being 26 with no sign of anovulation or dimished ovarian reserve). For my egg retrieval I was on Gonal F, Menopur, and ganirelix. We retrieved 26 eggs, 19 fertilized, and 10 made it to day 5 blastocyst. We were about to start prepping for my FET however due to coronavirus this has been postponed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Erica Salgado)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Aspire Fertility in San Antonio is wonderful, they are always on time and quick to get to you. Even if they are behind they ensure they speak to you and let you know and get to you quickly. The only weakness is that their phone system is bad and it is difficult to reach them through the phone. Often I have to email my nurse or the main contact and ask them to call me in order to reach them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Failor at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Courtney Failor

Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
[Dr. Aimee Browne] is recommending we only transfer one but is okay with transferring multiple embryos...she’s very gentle with her words and she takes her time. Yet there are times when asking a question we receive a very broad answer. I am unsure if this is a technique to ensure that no promises are made but I feel like questions are sometimes avoided. Don’t get me wrong she’s a very nice and caring doctor...once we started asking the hard questions she would go around give an upfront answer. I want to know what the risks are completely upfront instead of being misleading. She is very sweet and very intelligent. I think she is afraid of destroying our dreams by giving us hope that might not be there.
[Aspire Fertility] quoted us over $16,000 for a basic IVF cycle with no meds and no sperm. We do not qualify for insurance benefits... I believe they are short staffed because we are constantly getting voicemails and sometimes I need to call again. But when you are addressed they are very helpful...I feel that there is a lack of communication between all the staff therefore they do not get back promptly. They all are compassionate yet the clinic needs to be more organized.
Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with Aimee Browne at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
I feel she spoke to us with care but once we started asking the hard questions she would go around give an upfront answer. I want to know what the risks are completely upfront instead of being misleading. She is very sweet and very intelligent. I think she is afraid of destroying our dreams by giving us hope that might not be there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aimee Browne at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Ask her the hard questions and ask for the hard straight up answers in return.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aimee Browne at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
For the most part she’s very gentle with her words and she takes her time. Yet there are times when asking a question we receive a very broad answer. I am unsure if this is a technique to ensure that no promises are made but I feel like questions are sometimes avoided. Don’t get me wrong she’s a very nice and caring doctor.
Describe the protocols Aimee Browne used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
We are actually in the beginning stages where we are about to make a payment. Due to the payment being over 16,000 without meds, and my insurance not covering anything we have to wait a little longer. But we are suppose to do an egg retrieval, sperm donor and then a gestational carrier
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Christina )
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Got or miss with returned phone calls. I believe they are short staffed because we are constantly getting voicemails and sometimes I need to call again. But when you are addressed they are very helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aimee Browne at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
$80 for our co pay every time we needed to see her. Then they quoted us over $16,000 for a basic IVF cycle with no meds and no sperm. We do not qualify for insurance benefits.
Describe Aimee Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
She’s is recommending we only transfer one but is okay with transferring multiple embryos. We are good with her suggestions
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
When we asked for a quote on different treatment plans they sent us someone else’s treatment plan with their address and phone number.
San Antonio - Med Drive

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Aimee Browne at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
he was such a delight to be around she always had a smile on her face when she would come into the room. She expressed disappointment in negative results with me. I always feel like she is on me side cheering me on. Looking for the best treatment for me. ... I moved on to RMA and was put on femara for my cycle ovidrel to trigger a couple of nights or night before my husband and I'd go in for our iuis.
They [RMA] know who you are each time you walk in that door. Sometimes they will overlook you only because they are so busy. They are often a little slow to call you back even if it's for blood work; or to call you back on the phone. It's best to email. Most of the time you will be the only patient in the waiting room. As busy as they are they are very organized. They have everything ready for you once you go in the back, the nurses will have all your paperwork filled out for you ready to go the same goes for check out. I love it. Get in and get out.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She was such a delight to be around she always had a smile on her face when she would come into the room. She expressed disappointment in negative results with me. I always feel like she is on me side cheering me on. Looking for the best treatment for me.
Let your guard down, and trust the process. It takes time to find the right treatment plan for each patient.
Dr. Brownee and her staff took the time to explain everything to me, and during that time they constantly reassured me that things would be ok. They always support me, listen to what I have to say and cheer me on along the way.
I had used clomid with my obgyn and it resulted me becoming pregnant. I went back after having my daughter and did clomid for 5 more cycles each time I'd ovulate but success of pregnancy. I moved on to RMA and was put on femara for my cycle ovidrel to trigger a couple of nights or night before my husband and I'd go in for our iuis. Eventually we kept that same protocol and added in gonal f in. It was femara gonal f then ovidrel go in for iuis. Each time I'd make about 2 to 3 follicles. Once I had 4.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
They made each appointment easy they had everything lined out and written on how and when I was suppose to take my medication. If I need meds sent in to cvs specialty they did it right then and there. They showed me and helped me build the confidence to be able to trigger myself.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
They know who you are each time you walk in that door. Sometimes they will overlook you only because they are so busy. They are often a little slow to call you back even if it's for blood work; or to call you back on the phone. It's best to email. Most of the time you will be the only patient in the waiting room. As busy as they are they are very organized. They have everything ready for you once you go in the back, the nurses will have all your paperwork filled out for you ready to go the same goes for check out. I love it. Get in and get out.
I really do not know what the actual cost were because my insurance covered my iuis and if I had not meet my deductible I could use my insurance card.
When we talked about ivf I was told I would be given a single embryo transfer because twins would be considered high risk and the only way theyd do multiple ones would be if they were growing slower than they were suppose to at day 3 or 5 transfer.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Browne would personally call me to check on me during the injectable stimulation process and also called to give me the results of the PGS testing. ... The only thing I wish was different is I didn't always see her for my checkups during the STIM process and she wasn't the one that did my retrieval. ... Dr. Browne said that if we did PGS testing we could only do single embryo transfer. We didn't when make it to that though.
I visited both the medical center and Stone Oak location [RMA of Texas] based on the day of the appointment. I wish it was more consistent on which doctor I saw for each appointment, but they were all very nice. ... Kristina and the rest of the staff were great communicators and compassionate and informative. ... IVF premium using Capex MD was $22,085.19. I had to finance it through lending club. ...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Browne was honest and open with me about the process and the chance for success. The only thing I wish was different is I didn't always see her for my checkups during the STIM process and she wasn't the one that did my retrieval.
Be very honest about your fears and if you have any known risk factors (i.e. overweight, smoking, etc.).
Dr. Browne would personally call me to check on me during the injectable stimulation process and also called to give me the results of the PGS testing. Although we didn't have any viable embryos for transfer, she was delicate and understood my frustration and pain. She was also candid and honest in providing me reasons why our IVF cycle may not have been successful and what we could do different with the next cycle.
I did IVF premium with PGS testing. I chose to have PGS testing because I wanted to make sure we transferred an embryo without any of the tested genetic defects. At the time, there was no known egg quality problems so we were more concerned with quantity. It included daily nightly STIM injections with Follistim 150u and Menopur 150u for 7 days. I added Ganiralex the last 3 days in the morning. Then I did the Pregnyl trigger shot. I had a positive beta test and was scheduled for egg retrieval the next day. This yielded 13 eggs, 12 were mature, 6 fertilized. On day 1 and 3 I still had 6 embryos. By day 5 I only had 1 embryo to send for genetic testing. The results came back a week later and it was not viable for transfer. The embryo was mosaic for Turner's syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Kristina Mendez)
No weaknesses. Kristina and the rest of the staff were great communicators and compassionate and informative.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I visited both the medical center and Stone Oak location based on the day of the appointment. I wish it was more consistent on which doctor I saw for each appointment, but they were all very nice.
San Antonio - Med Drive

most interactions with Dr. Browne I felt like a human. There was one IUI where I was in a gown waiting for her to come and do the procedure for almost an hour...that time I felt like a number...She was kind, didn't try to rush me, and answered all of my questions. She has a great bedside manner and was encouraging when needed. My reasons for switching doctors didn't have anything to do with Dr.Browne personally.
Overall everyone [at RMA of Texas] was really nice and answered all of my questions throughout the process...Setting up appointments can be tough in the beginning. It wasn't until after I was on a timed schedule that it got easier for me. Also, the other location at Stone Oak was difficult at times. I had more billing issues there than anything else...most interactions with Dr. Browne I felt like a human. There was one IUI where I was in a gown waiting for her to come and do the procedure for almost an hour
I was referred to Dr. Browne by a friend and I'm so thankful I for that. It was the first step in the process that led me to where I'm at today. She took the time to walk me through all of my available options. She was kind, didn't try to rush me, and answered all of my questions. She has a great bedside manner and was encouraging when needed. My reasons for switching doctors didn't have anything to do with Dr.Browne personally.
Call right now and make an appointment, you may have to wait a couple weeks to get seen!
The office itself sometimes made me feel like a number, but most interactions with Dr. Browne I felt like a human. There was one IUI where I was in a gown waiting for her to come and do the procedure for almost an hour...that time I felt like a number.
My insurance covered 6 IUIs (lifetime), so given IVF isn't covered and I wasn't ready that was the route we chose. She thought there was a chance I had endometriosis, but didn't think it was necessary to address at the time. My husband had slight motility issues, but again nothing dramatic that needed to be addressed. We could have done timed intercourse with Clomid but chose to go straight to IUIs given we'd already had one miscarriage and we weren't getting any younger! IUI #1: 50mg Clomid for 5 days, trigger shot, insemination at 36 hours post trigger. Failed cycle confirmed via blood test. IUI #2: 50mg Clomid for 5 days, trigger shot, insemination at 36 hours post trigger. Failed cycle confirmed via blood test. IUI #3: 5mg Femara for 5 days, trigger shot, insemination at 36 hours post trigger. Failed cycle confirmed after negative HPT and period starting. IUI #4: 5mg Femara for 6 days, 2 Menopur injections, trigger shot, endometrial scratch, insemination at 24 hours post trigger. Failed cycle confirmed after negative HPT and period starting.
Overall everyone was really nice and answered all of my questions throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
My insurance covered most of the IUIs, but had it not I think it would've been around $1200-$1500 per cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Balthazar is friendly and kind. You can tell that she really does want to help you grow your family.... When we came to Dr. Balthazar we had recently had our second miscarriage with no live births. After testing she found I had MTHFR gene mutation, and a high egg count. She addresses the MTHFR with a prescribed prenatal with folate and a baby aspirin a day. She choose a timed intercourse cycle with Clomid
I think my clinic [RMA of Texas] does a great job of making you feel valued. I never feel like a number when I'm there. They call me by my name and they give all the time I need to have my questions answered. They are all very patient and kind. They never make me feel like I'm asking a dumb question or too many questions.... Their one weakness in my opinion is that they do not let you know if you will be seeing another doctor that isn't your doctor.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr. Balthazar is friendly and kind. You can tell that she really does want to help you grow your family. She does give you all the options and she is honest with you about your chances with each of them. She is smart and experienced, so she’s seen a lot of cases and knows what to do with each of them. She is compassionate as well. When I had my third loss she let my husband and I sit in her office and cry and ask all the questions we had. She never rushed us out or said she needed to go. She just listened and answered. She just makes you feel like you’ve got the champ in your corner that you need in a time like this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
To ask anything you want to know. Don’t walk away wishing you had asked one more thing. And know that she will be honest with her answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
She always knew everything going on with me. I never had to re-explain my situation or my history as I had with my OB. She always took as much time as I needed to answer my questions and explain everything in depth to me. I never felt like she was rushing to get me to leave. You can tell she cares about you as an individual.
Describe the protocols Ursula Balthazar used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
When we came to Dr. Balthazar we had recently had our second miscarriage with no live births. After testing she found I had MTHFR gene mutation, and a high egg count. She addresses the MTHFR with a prescribed prenatal with folate and a baby aspirin a day. She choose a timed intercourse cycle with Clomid (25mg the first round and 50mg the second) with an Ovidrel trigger shot each time. She said because of my high egg count the signal from my brain to my eggs may be causing my eggs to go too soon or too late causing them to not be timed correctly and thus the miscarriages. With Clomid we could help one to mature at the correct pace and the trigger shot would tell that egg exactly when to go and that would help address that issue. The first month with this cycle we received a negative pregnancy test. The second cycle we received a positive pregnancy test but my HCG didn’t rise as needed and we lost the pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Amy Altamirano)
The entire staff is very patient and kind. From the intake staff to the billing. Everyone explains everything fully and takes the time to make sure you understand it all. My specific nurse is new to me as we won’t start our IVF until May but from what I’ve asked so far she has been very ready and willing to talk with me and answer my questions. I’m looking forward to having her through this cycle.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I think my clinic does a great job of making you feel valued. I never feel like a number when I'm there. They call me by my name and they give all the time I need to have my questions answered. They are all very patient and kind. They never make me feel like I'm asking a dumb question or too many questions. They know my history and I don't have to remind them at any point. Their one weakness in my opinion is that they do not let you know if you will be seeing another doctor that isn't your doctor. They assumed I knew it was my doctor's day off (had go in for a scan during a timed intercourse cycle), and I didn't know I wasn't seeing my doctor until the other doctor walked into my room to do the scan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I completed all of my fertility testing at this office, which estimated $2000 out of pocket. I also completed two timed intercourse cycles which totaled about $1300 with medications. I have IVF with PGS & an FET scheduled for this summer which will be approximately $26,000 total, with no insurance coverage.
Ursula Balthazar
San Antonio - Med Drive

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).