Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1561 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14626
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rochester Fertility Care to a friend?

7.2
2 doctors
They [Rochester Fertility Care Nursing Staff] were phenomenal, knowledgeable and compassionate. They were quick to call back and answer questions and went out of their way to help in any way especially when it came to gathering donated medications as my insurance covered nothing.... $8000 for each IVF cycle due at the first appointment. Since we did I not have embryos to freeze or transfer, we were refunded $2000 per cycle. You are only charged for what steps you actually complete.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Strengths - kind, caring, responsive Weaknesses - we would not have said any real weaknesses until we realized that we were told our only options were donor something or adoption ... when there was clearly more testing that could and should have been done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Hayes and her whole staff, nurses included, are very caring and empathetic. You can tell they truly care about you and the work they do.
They were phenomenal, knowledgeable and compassionate. They were quick to call back and answer questions and went out of their way to help in any way especially when it came to gathering donated medications as my insurance covered nothing.
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
We felt very confident in and comfortable with Dr. Hayes from the beginning. She is very kind, intelligent, thorough and caring. We put our full trust in her. However, it was not until we got a second opinion after our second failed IVF attempt (15 eggs total, all fertilized with ICSI, NONE made it to blastocyst), that we realized there was so much she failed to do. Despite asking her if any testing or biopsies etc. could be done to determine why our embryos never made it to the blastocyst stage, she said there was nothing else that could be done, and discussed how our options at that point were using donor eggs, sperm, or embryos or adoption. It was not until we had our initial consult with our new fertility specialist at Cornell in NYC (who also sent us for a urology consult same day for my husband) that we realized how much additional testing could be done, especially on him to determine if any male factor infertility is playing a role. After having our last conversation with Dr. Hayes in November, we were crushed. Needless to say, the consult with the new doctor restored some hope of us having children of our own. They also retested my AMH, which fell from 3.5 to 1 during my time with Dr. Hayes, and it’s back up to 2.7.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
Make sure they focus not just on the female but on the male. As a patient you should not have to tell them that but it should be prudent to explore ALL causes of infertility or treatment failures.
Describe the protocols Rosalind Hayes used in your cycles at Rochester Fertility Care and their degree of success.
IUI cycles (done vis local OB/GYN but under the direction/protocols of Dr. Hayes): approximately 3 cycles of clomiphene, 3 cycles with letrizole, and one with injectable (Follistim). All with Ovidrel trigger shot. Rationale for oral meds was my insurance did not cover any of the injectable fertility meds (or any assisted reproductive therapy). For IVF, first cycle was microdose Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur. Second IVF cycle was after AMH was found to be lower at 1 and only five eggs on the first retrieval, so same protocol except Lupron was not microdose, and it was a combo of Follistim and Gonal-F, plus menopur. Doses were a bit higher. Trigger shot of HCG 10,000 units 35 hrs prior to retrieval. First was 5 mature eggs, all fertilized, none made to blast. Second was 10 mature eggs, all fertilized, none made to blast.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care.
$8000 for each IVF cycle due at the first appointment. Since we did I not have embryos to freeze or transfer, we were refunded $2000 per cycle. You are only charged for what steps you actually complete. Plus the costs of some of medications, unsure of the total. Many were donated.
Describe Rosalind Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rochester Fertility Care.
None. We did not make it that far though she mentioned single transfer is the way we would go if all went as planned, which we agree with.
Rochester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
The office [Rochester Fertility Care] is a small operation, and I have always appreciated that. All nurses I have met are kind and keep everything light hearted and positive. They make jokes, are always upbeat and positive, and if I have a question that is more of a “doctor” question, they don’t guess...it is clean, and the simple facility is full of quality staff and amazing doctors... The office is small, and conveniently located.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic is in a very large facility. Which, when I had to have surgery for endometriosis, was great, because I was familiar with the building. The office is small, and conveniently located. I also really appreciate that there is a lab right in the building so I can get blood work done right on site! Though I know there is another popular clinic in the Rochester area that is in a “beautiful house” with yoga, a coffee shop, essential oil store, etc., those coming to Rochester Fertility Care should know that it’s fairly “no frills.” But, it is clean, and the simple facility is full of quality staff and amazing doctors. To me, that matters most. Even after I took many months off, I returned to feel welcomed and very remembered.
Dr. Hayes is warm and kind, but professional. Even when I was a new patient, she treated me as if she knew me well. She was interested in my life, and in the details of it that were pertinent to my decision to start a family. She was supportive of my choices and always reassured me that I was not alone in what I was going through, even though at times, I felt very much like I was.
The office is a small operation, and I have always appreciated that. All nurses I have met are kind and keep everything light hearted and positive. They make jokes, are always upbeat and positive, and if I have a question that is more of a “doctor” question, they don’t guess... they refer me to Dr. Hayes, and I always get an answer soon. The nurses are really helpful in assisting with ordering meds, and making sure we find the most affordable means of acquiring them.
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
I was recommended to Dr. Hayes by a close friend. She always does a wonderful job at explaining the details of my fertility issues to me, even though some of them are very technical. When I want to know more, or I don’t understand something, she helps me understand. She gives suggestions for coping with the emotional struggles of infertility, and discusses how diet and lifestyle changes can make an impact upon the procedures I am involved in. She is encouraging and supportive, and I always am made to feel like I am the “most important” patient she has, when I see her. I imagine others feel that way too!
I encourage prospective patients to listen first - Dr. Hayes has a gift for explaining processes and results in a meaningful and thorough way. I benefited most when I listened first, and then asked questions. I have never felt rushed when meeting with her, and I always felt she was willing to be sure all my concerns and questions were addressed.
My first cycle, as best as I can remember, was a standard IUI with donor sperm (I’m single!) and this was done very soon after an extensive surgery to remove endometriosis (in which she beautifully fixed my horribly embarrassing belly button that was botched from a previous endometriosis removal surgery with a different doctor!). When it was not successful, we added Femara to the process, and tried again, also with donor IUI sperm. I think there was one cycle in between that we cancelled because I apparently ovulated very early, and it didn’t make sense to “waste” the donor sperm. Then, we used Femara and added an HCG trigger shot. Unfortunately, though everything seemed to look great (follicles, uterine lining, etc.) the cycle did not result in a pregnancy. I needed a bit of a financial and emotional break from it all (especially because I had no insurance and everything was out-of-pocket) so I returned again several months later. Now, I’m on day 1 of a cycle with Gonal-F and HCG, with donor sperm. I was an egg donor years ago (helped me pay for law school!) so I’m familiar with these medications, and I am hopeful that this will be the process that works! If not, I hope to save enough money to do IVF soon. I really appreciate that we have taken a “gradual” approach, adding things as we go, rather than just “jumping” into IVF from the beginning. I really like that we have given my body the chance to “do this on its own,” if that makes sense.
The costs of my appointments depended upon what I was there for. I believe the ultrasound appointments were $140 at most, and actual insemination may have been $160. Some visits were $60 where I was consulting or just meeting with the doctor.
I have not used embryo transfer, but when I joke about twins, Dr. Ros always smiles and reminds me that the goal is one healthy baby. Of course anything more is a blessed bonus!
Rochester

[Rochester Fertility Care] With a small nursing team of 3 I got to know them all well. I was primarily working with Carla though. She was sweet, compassionate, and taught me how to do each injection... They were prompt, kind, and supportive...Strengths: small, compassionate team, patient centered, genuine and transparent, honest, kind Weakness: expensive, no payment plans, no fancy spa like interventions or add ons...The staff is small and I knew them all by name, including the front desk support.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
The staff is small and I knew them all by name, including the front desk support. Dr. Mroueh was always compassionate and encouraging, while being genuine, transparent and honest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
With a small nursing team of 3 I got to know them all well. I was primarily working with Carla though. She was sweet, compassionate, and taught me how to do each injection. She and the other nurses always got back to me with my questions, no matter how dumb haha. They were prompt, kind, and supportive.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Mroueh was always willing to answer our questions. He fully explained every procedure prior, and every step during. He was professional yet human. When our cycles failed, I could feel his disappointment and when it was successful I could feel his joy. It was very bittersweet to leave his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Despite the lack of a fancy spa environment or refund packages, the care is second to none.
Describe the protocols Jamil Mroueh used in your cycles at Rochester Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I completed 5 IUI treatments. The first with clomid and all the others with Gonal F. He added in Endometrin when injectable cycles failed. He offered a laparoscopy when our last iui failed but advised us to go straight to ivf, as any mild issue found in the laparoscopy may be overcome by ivf. He listened to me, as I didn't want to have the surgery. We did ivf twice.. both with frozen embryos (2 embryos each time). As I responded well to the protocol of menopur Lupron and PIO he had me continue the same for the second fet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care.
Iui was covered by my insurance as were medications for the iui cycle. I had a copay of $50 per visit. Ivf was 8500 for all appts, tests, egg retrievals, and transfers. It was another 2000 for the second transfer and all associated appts. Medication was separate, costing approx 600 altogether.
Describe Jamil Mroueh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rochester Fertility Care.
Dr. Mroueh suggested that we be aggressive and we followed his advice of transferring 2 embryos each time. He fully informed us of the risks of doing so and we felt we made an informed decision.
Rochester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care.

2012 - 2019
All of the nurses [at Rochester Fertility Care] are so kind, warm and wonderful but with IVF we mostly worked with Carla...there are not enough words for the kindness, compassion and care she provided. I called a MILLION times, with a MILLON questions and she ALWAYS called me back quickly and never, ever made me feel like a burden. She, like all of this staff is amazing...IVF was $8,000...Everyone is organized, I never had to wait long to be seen - they are all kind and compassionate. From the reception desk, to the nurses, to the doctors - they always made you feel comfortable and welcome. I really mean it - there are ZERO weaknesses.
2012 - 2019
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I cannot say enough about him - he cares SO much about me and my family. He never, EVER gave up on me and was ALWAYS there to answer every single question and concern. He is the world's GREATEST doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Carla )
All of the nurses are so kind, warm and wonderful but with IVF we mostly worked with Carla. Just like Dr. M, there are not enough words for the kindness, compassion and care she provided. I called a MILLION times, with a MILLON questions and she ALWAYS called me back quickly and never, ever made me feel like a burden. She, like all of this staff is amazing.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
I cannot say enough about him - he cares SO much about me and my family. After a successful IUI, we lost a sweet baby boy at 20 weeks due to a heart condition. He closed the office for 15 minutes just to tell everyone and they all cried. He then worked with us, NEVER giving up to go through IVF and giving us our dream. I could never, ever say enough about how wonderful he is - I owe him my entire future.
Call now. Right now.
It's tricky because my body did not respond like everyone else's to the meds so he always had to adjust and make a special protocol specific for me. He always knew how to make my unique situation work!
IUIs were covered by insurance. IVF was $8,000
Rochester

They [Rochester Fertility Care] are very helpful and informative. Anytime we have had medical or financial questions we were able to call and speak with someone. Everyone there is nice and easy to work with. We always have felt comfortable with everyone and well informed.... The IUI was $630 total including the procedure, the mid-cycle ultrasound and the medications... The nurse was very nice and informative. We felt very comfortable with her and she made sure we knew what we had to do as far as our medications for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
They are very helpful and informative. Anytime we have had medical or financial questions we were able to call and speak with someone. Everyone there is nice and easy to work with. We always have felt comfortable with everyone and well informed.
He made a point for us to know that we could take all the time we needed to talk with him. He made sure to explain things thoroughly and was very easy to talk to. He made sure all our questions and concerns were answered before we left and encouraged us to call anytime.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
We did an IUI with Dr. Mroueh and he was very open with us through the process and explained everything in detail. We were very comfortable with him and trusted him the entire time. It was clear that it was important to him that we felt comfortable.
Make a list of questions beforehand, because when you receive a lot of information or disappointing news, it can be overwhelming and hard to remember your questions.
We did an IUI with clomid and a trigger shot. We did 5 days of 50 mg of clomid. The side effects were not bad and mainly just hot flashes. The day of the IUI we were informed that we had a very low sperm count after the sperm was washed. We did the IUI anyways just in case, but the results were negative.

2013 - 2018
I have had nothing but great experiences [at Rochester Fertility Care]...They take care of you and make a difficult and frustrating time seem manageable....Every person the staff there is excellent. One can tell that they are very selective and work with only the best. The nurses are all very knowledgeable and they always return your phone calls. You never feel like a bother...A cycle of IVF costs $8500. $8000 if you pay cash.
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I have had nothing but great experiences and I have several friends and acquaintances that go to the clinic as well and everyone raves about how wonderful everyone there is. They take care of you and make a difficult and frustrating time seem manageable.
Dr. Mroueh has been our number one cheerleader since starting this process. He is always honest and very hopeful. His sincerity has always made us that we are not alone, our success is his. He is truly a gifted doctor and an amazing individual.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Mroueh genuinely cares about his patients and always makes sure my health and safety is top priority, even if it means something disappointing may occur. I am so thankful to have a physician that truly takes his hyocratic oath to heart.
Bring a list of questions to ask. It’s a lot of information at once.
Dr. Mroueh was always very conservative with medication since I responded too well sometimes to certain meds and hyperstimulation became a concern. Based on these risks the last 3 cycles we have done have all been with FET to insure I am healthy, safe, and prepared for embryo transfers.
A cycle of IVF costs $8500. $8000 if you pay cash. Medications costs vary based on availability and your insurance.

Other, Unexplained
The clinic [Rochester Fertility Care] is within a larger hospital campus. Parking is adequate and the office is easy to find, though I wish it was more centrally located. The clinic is clean. I have never had trouble making an appointment...The nursing staff is very friendly. They take time to explain everything, create charts for medication/lab management, and demonstrate how to administer injections. One nurse has you face a wall of baby pictures from past clients when giving you shots "for good luck." :)
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic is within a larger hospital campus. Parking is adequate and the office is easy to find, though I wish it was more centrally located. The clinic is clean. I have never had trouble making an appointment.
Dr. Mroueh is very friendly and personable. He was also disappointed in not getting the results we wanted.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Mroueh is friendly, funny, and personable. There were a few times that we would have appreciated things being explained more clearly (they do this all day everyday, while we don't!), but I would recommend him hands down. He performed most of my procedures, though I did have a few appointments with his partner based on scheduling.
2 IUI cycles with clomid, 4 IUI cycles with injectables - all failed. We are taking a much needed break before deciding if we want to pursue IVF.
All of our procedures were covered under insurance - we were responsible for a reasonable co-pay. The cost quoted for IVF, which is not covered by insurance, was higher than a different clinic that our friends used.
Rochester

Clean, friendly and welcoming. The kind staff [Rochester Fertility] puts you right at ease immediately. Both doctors are great and personable at the clinic and treat you like family. For a worrier like me I knew I could always call and get any issue or question answered.... Always there to answer any call and call my nerves with any questions I had.... Our co pays took place at the office. Medication and sperm ordering was done through other companies.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Clean, friendly and welcoming. The kind staff puts you right at ease immediately. Both doctors are great and personable at the clinic and treat you like family. For a worrier like me I knew I could always call and get any issue or question answered.
He made a point to always greet me know details about our life and showed a real compassion and desire to get me pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Tina )
Always there to answer any call and call my nerves with any questions I had.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
I could ask for a better fertility doctor. He was everything I hoped for and was always full of hope and certainty he could get me pregnant. If I ever had a question he never hesitated to answer in a compassionate easy to understand way. I always left feeling better and knowing what our next step would be.
Don’t hesitate. There is no one better out there is my opinion. I feel so blessed and thankful for Dr. Mroueh and truly feel I would not be holding my little boy if it was not for him.
I began with clomid with no known fertility issues for the first 3 rounds, with no luck switched to Femara. I ovulated early so did not do an IUI that cycle and he then had me go for a dye test to confirm no blockage with all came back great. On to injectibles. 3 cycles later positive pregnancy test and now an 18 month baby boy!

2014 - 2017
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
The biggest benefit to this center [Rochester Fertility Center] is the relationships you develop with Dr. M and Carla. Their caring approach makes a stressful situation so much better. Downside is driving to Greece if you live on the east side of rochester, but so worth it...$7500 for the egg retrieval and $2500 for each FET after the first one which was included with the egg retrieval package.... She [Nurse Carla] returned my calls when i had questions and she was the one who went over how to do the shots. She is honestly the sweetest woman ever!
2014 - 2017
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The biggest benefit to this center is the relationships you develop with Dr. M and Carla. Their caring approach makes a stressful situation so much better. Downside is driving to Greece if you live on the east side of rochester, but so worth it.
I love Dr.M and his staff. I saw him each and every time I had an appointment. He got to know me and my husband. I valued that relationship as it made a stressful process so much better
Carla is amazing! She is honestly the best nurse and most caring person. She was the nurse I worked with each and every time so I got to know her well. She returned my calls when i had questions and she was the one who went over how to do the shots. She is honestly the sweetest woman ever!
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He is a patient centered physician and treats you like family. When you experience set backs so does he and you can see it on his face. But he will also share the excitement when you finally get that pregnancy. I can't say enough about him as a doctor and the care he provided. Thanks to him we have our miracle baby.
His office is in greece and it may not be as fancy as the other centers in Rochester but the care far surpasses the others.
We used an agonist protocol with menopur and gonal f. Due to ohss after the egg retrieval we did 3 frozen embryo transfers with the first transfer resulting in our daughter.
We were educated on multiple births from multiple embryo transfers. But we did go with 2 embryos and ended up with 1 baby.

2013 - 2016
All staff [at Rochester Fertility Care] were friendly, good comminunates and knowledgeable about your course of treatment. I never left there with out knowing what my bill was, what my next step was or when I had to come back. All staff communicated with others and I didn’t feel confused or unwelcomed...Carla was amazing she would leave us smiling and hopeful even after tought appointments...
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
All staff were friendly, good comminunates and knowledgeable about your course of treatment. I never left there with out knowing what my bill was, what my next step was or when I had to come back. All staff communicated with others and I didn’t feel confused or unwelcomed.
He was also very kind and explained what was going and what going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. I never was left in the dark or unsure of my status
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He was very knowable about the field, he often quoted recent studies and talked about conferences he was going to. He gave us his cell number so that we could ahold of him if we needed him. He even helped us out with lab work while we were out of state. His bedside manner needed work but he was always very professional. He would explain to me and husband what was going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. He often knew what was going on in other parts of clinic and tried to be though with each of his patience.
Adavacte for yourself if you have a question ask! Never leave there not understanding or unsure of the next step
Our insurance at the time covered aloud but still we ended up paying 3-5,000 over three years
2010 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Everyone [at Rochester Fertility Care] including the receptionists showed so much compassion. ... I cried on my last visit because it was so wonderful there. Even when I was worried about the cost of the procedure he took money off where he [Dr. Mroueh] could and made it easier for us to handle. ... He did provide a class on the risks of multiple births and would not transfer more than 3 embryos but did suggest doing more than one.
2010 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Again I really have very little negative things to say. I cried on my last visit because it was so wonderful there. Even when I was worried about the cost of the procedure he took money off where he could and made it easier for us to handle.
He was very kind, he did not rush, he included my husband in conversations, he was honest, he was available, he listened and he helped out financially with some of the cost of my IVF.
Everyone including the receptionists showed so much compassion.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He was very caring and kind. He answered questions and made me feel like his only patient he was honest and available. My only complaint was that as I was newly diagnosed I did not know what questions to ask. After my lap surgery he did not tell me what stage I was or where my endo was found but he shared everything else and always made sure I was comfortable
Ask questions he will answer
He did not want to waste time on treatments he did not feel would work. He also did not want to do anything he felt was unethical like transferring more than 3 embryos or putting together packages of paying up front for multiple tries.
It was between $7,000-10,000. Just for my IVF procedure but through all of my experience he cut out office charges when he could and sent what he could to my insurance.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I felt the clinic [Rochester Fertility Care] was fast ... too fast. Very little wait but then rushed through the appt. And the appsts aren't cheap so I felt I was an inconvenience if I tried to ask a lot of questions . The check out nurse/pant window was very disinterested in explaining charges... Because we felt that were costs were not adequately discussed we only started the process and never followed through. Every appt we had it was a mystery how much it would be $$$. In fact I just got a bill for blood work that I was told was 100% covered
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I felt the clinic was fast ... too fast. Very little wait but then rushed through the appt. And the appsts aren't cheap so I felt I was an inconvenience if I tried to ask a lot of questions . The check out nurse/pant window was very disinterested in explaining charges
Cold disinterested. Another day, another dollar.
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
I felt that Dr Rosalind was very one sided in treatment options. I brought up a lot of questions regarding ways to increase my fertility naturally, give my body time to work, and it was more of a push forward with $$$ and classes I felt the costs were not spelled out clearly along the way.
Take good notes. Ask questions, multiple time until you an answer. Get real cost breakdowns of every appt and class
She was definitely against tubal removal. And I had to bring up the idea of a separate ultrasound to see how bad the follicles really are.
Rochester

It’s [Rochester Fertility Care] a very calm and supportive atmosphere. You meet with the doctor right in his office. Nurses and secretaries are all very kind and sensitive to your needs. Nurses are organized and helpful and willing to provide education...One round of IUI cost around 1200$ including meds and ultrasounds and appointments...I took clomid on cycle day 5-9 then had an ultrasound on day 13 which showed 3 large follicles. I got the HCG trigger shot that day and returned the next day (cycle day 14) for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
It’s a very calm and supportive atmosphere. You meet with the doctor right in his office. Nurses and secretaries are all very kind and sensitive to your needs. Nurses are organized and helpful and willing to provide education.
He was awesome. Encouraged us to ask as many questions as we wanted. Spent a lot of time with us- never in a rush. Never wanted to make fertility treatments seem like a burden.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He is down to earth and easy to talk to. Wonderful doctor who made us feel very comfortable. Put us at ease from day one. Answered all of our questions thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone! I will be going back to him for future pregnancy plans.
I had a high deductible health insurance plan so all of my costs were out of pocket. One round of IUI cost around 1200$ including meds and ultrasounds and appointments.
Rochester
Seems like a smaller practice so that was nice. I never felt like a number. I thought the hours of the clinic [Rochester Fertility Care] were very restricting. Infertility is hard enough but then to have to try to get out of work multiple times per week:m. It would have been nice to have later hours ... Had a great experience. The only reason we left is because we’re looking at a cheaper option for IVF.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Seems like a smaller practice so that was nice. I never felt like a number. I thought the hours of the clinic were very restricting. Infertility is hard enough but then to have to try to get out of work multiple times per week:m. It would have been nice to have later hours
He always knew me by name, super friendly and great bedside manor
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Had a great experience. The only reason we left is because we’re looking at a cheaper option for IVF. He’s a wonderful doctor and we would have stayed with him if he offered cheaper prices for IVF. He was awesome during my miscarriage- we got pregnant in our own one cycle and he took care of me.
Ask a lot of questions
1st round 50mg, IUI. Second round injections IUI resulted in OHSS. 3rd round 100mg clomid IUI. All failed
Insurance covered IUI but IVF would have been very expensive
Rochester

The clinic [Rochester Fertility Care] was amazing, from the front end always being on top of appts and squeezing me in when need be to answering insurance questions! Then the nursing staff always getting back to me via phone, or answer medication questions if I was unsure about an injection. Even helping me when my meds didn’t come in time for a cycle...Everyone in the office new me by name and new why I was there. When I got negative results they were there for me with a shoulder and to pick me back up. When I got pregnant they were just as excited!
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic was amazing, from the front end always being on top of appts and squeezing me in when need be to answering insurance questions! Then the nursing staff always getting back to me via phone, or answer medication questions if I was unsure about an injection. Even helping me when my meds didn’t come in time for a cycle
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
She was amazing, very thurough and took as much time as needed. She was very genuine and approachable! Very professional! Dr Hayes never gave up when I wanted, she always kept me moving forward. When I wanted to stop she was supportive and I finally got a pregnant. She tried different medication variations to find what was perfect for me
Speak up and always ask questions if you are unsure. She will always answer or get you an answer
Rochester
They [Rochester Fertility Care] are very accommodating with appointments, getting back to you working with your insurance. They will get you in no matter what day of the week it is so that you don’t miss any cycles. The billing department is very good about helping you with insurance coding and answering all of your questions.... I loved the nurses overall. I did have an issue on one occasion when I was asking one nurse questions and all She could say was how bad she felt for me.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
They are very accommodating with appointments, getting back to you working with your insurance. They will get you in no matter what day of the week it is so that you don’t miss any cycles. The billing department is very good about helping you with insurance coding and answering all of your questions.
They were always friendly and accommodating
I loved the nurses overall. I did have an issue on one occasion when I was asking one nurse questions and all She could say was how bad she felt for me. Really brought me down and upset me.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
I get he was a bit awkward with me being upset. He didn’t have much knowledge or encouragement for anything but the prescriptions such as supplements,accupuncture etc. he is a kind man but I need a more aggressive approach. He never really gave me explanations on anything.
Do a lot of research and have him explain everything
Round one Clomid cycle days 5-9 had 4 follicles and lining was about 7. Did iui with 22million post wash sperm and trigger shot but ended with negative pregnancy test. Round 2 switched to femara to try and get the lining thicker but resulted in a cyst and cancelled iui but never got my period so after being 2 weeks last he prescribes provera to bring it on. Round 3 gonal F injections 9 days of 300 per day and trigger shot with 5 follicles ranging from 22 to 12 lining of 9 and 9 million post wash sperm ended in negative test. I requested an HSG to check for blockages and scar tissue but everything was good. 4th round clomid 5-9 tried naturally and was negative test.
I have no coverage for infertility. I think the costs were very fair for the doctor.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
I had multiple cycles cancelled because of low response to a drug. i have also had cycles cancelled because they [Rochester Fertility Care] were not able to do an IuI on a weekend.... She [Dr. Hayes] was extremely conservative with her treatment approach. Given my endometriosis, I felt that we should have been more aggressive. She did not allow me to use injectibles until i tried Clomid for 3 months.... Insurance covered my IUIs. For IVF she is very expensive
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I would recommend you go in with prior knowledge and advocate for yourself. i trusted we were doing the beat approach for me, but ended up wasting a lot of time. Knowing what i know now, i think we should have done IVF much sooner.
Treatment protocol was by her terms. i couldn’t “skip” any steps....I had to go through the hierarchy she recommended. I feel as if we wasted a lot of time using clomid, etc.
They were ok
How was your experience with Rosalind Hayes at Rochester Fertility Care?
She was extremely conservative with her treatment approach. Given my endometriosis, I felt that we should have been more aggressive. She did not allow me to use injectibles until i tried Clomid for 3 months.
Don’t go to her!
Laproscopy/hysteroscopy/other diagnostic testing Endo found Clomid and IUI x 3 Injectables and IUIx3
Insurance covered my IUIs. For IVF she is very expensive