Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1080 East Elizabeth
Fort Collins, CO 80524
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 6Neutral: 2Don't recommend: 28.6
1 doctor
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The clinic [Rocky Mtn Ctr for Reproductive Med-Fort Collins] building seems a bit older, and outdated. But the equipment is all new and top notch. Don’t be fooled by the building. There are several rooms for different procedures, so patients typically don’t have a long wait. The waiting room does have a space for children to play, which is nice for parents... Iui without medication $1200, and medications ranged from $300-$500 a cycle.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic building seems a bit older, and outdated. But the equipment is all new and top notch. Don’t be fooled by the building. There are several rooms for different procedures, so patients typically don’t have a long wait. The waiting room does have a space for children to play, which is nice for parents.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. baucus shows true care and attention to his patients. I never felt like a number. He always discussed things with us at length and personalized each appointment.
All the nurses are amazing. I know they care, they get to know you, and are your biggest cheerleaders! Any questions could be asked and there was never a time that I felt like they didn’t want to help me. Great nurses!
What specific things went wrong at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He is a great doctor. He has many years of experience and will take time to explain what he wants to do with you. He is a bit conservative, compared to some other doctors, but only because he wants what is best for you, and to reduce your risks. I feel like he was very approachable, and empathetic to any situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you know all options and have a discussion with him about why he wants to do each one. The insight is helpful in tough decisions.
Describe the protocols Kevin Bachus used in your cycles at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Initially we attempted a medicated iui, with letrozole. I responded well, and my lining was great. But my body kept creating cysts. Eventually I had to have them removed and we started iui cycles again. Each time letrozole was increased and hcg trigger shot was added. Each time I had at least 2 follicles. Medications and timing was adjusted as the dr saw fit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Bachus at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Iui without medication $1200, and medications ranged from $300-$500 a cycle.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
We have no complaints with the way she [nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine] handled our care. She was always so kind and compassionate. My numbers on my first BETA were low (46) and I was convinced I was having a chemical pregnancy. Kelley calmed me down and explained that she’d seen several people in my situation have very successful pregnancies. That is just one example of how she coached me and my husband through the IVF process. I cried the day we graduated from their clinic and had to say good bye to Kelley.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: they are very organized and very helpful. From the front office to billing, everyone was very kind and helpful. Weakness: the only criticism I can possibly come up with is their office decor is very dated. Don’t let that fool you. They use state of the art technology and are very progressive in their treatment plans.
Dr Bachus makes you feel like a person not just a number. His warm demeanor and professionalism are exactly what I was hoping for. He answered all of questions no matter how insignificant they seemed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelley Stoner-Rivera)
Kelley is the BEST. We have no complaints with the way she handled our care. She was always so kind and compassionate. My numbers on my first BETA were low (46) and I was convinced I was having a chemical pregnancy. Kelley calmed me down and explained that she’d seen several people in my situation have very successful pregnancies. That is just one example of how she coached me and my husband through the IVF process. I cried the day we graduated from their clinic and had to say good bye to Kelley.
Dr Bachus is very hands on during the IVF process. He did all of the ultrasounds at our monitoring appointments and personally adjusted meds as needed. He was very compassionate and took time to talk through any and all concerns at every appointment.
Make an appointment. Try not to have any preconceived ideas of what to expect. They will walk you through the entire process (including cost, time commitment and expectations) during your consultation. Making that first appointment is the first step and they will hold your hand through the rest.
We had two cycles of IUI with I believe menopur and ovidrel. Both resulted in negative tests. Our third cycle was IVF. Protocol included Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and Ovidrel. We did a 5 day transfer with 2 embryos. Post retrieval we had 12 eggs. 6 fertilized with iCSI and 3 matured to blastocysts. We currently have 1 frozen embryo and a 9 week old baby girl.
I am very fortunate because I had 80% coverage for all IUIs and IVF through my insurance. iCSI and freezing of embryos was not included but everything else was covered at 80%. I believe the initial quote we got was $16,000 for an IVF cycle but, like I said, my insurance covered a heavy majority. I believe we paid $3500 after insurance. I know this is very unusual and we are very grateful.
Describe Kevin Bachus's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Bachus was very thorough in explaining the risk/rewards with regards to transferring 1 vs 2 embryos. Ultimately we decided to transfer 2 knowing there was a possibility of twins or high order multiples. This decision was made by me and my husband and we never felt swayed one way or another by Dr Bachus or his staff.
Fort Collins
Everything is great. There are some nurses [Rocky Mountain Center for Repro Medicine] that don't have a great bed side manner but I don't think it's intentionally. It's more that they lack people skills but are good at the scientific aspect. So don't like that discourage you....I think the staff is great. I had an issue with one nurse because her choice of words were poor....I really appreciate that the clinic is open 7 days a week
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everything is great. There are some nurses that don't have a great bed side manner but I don't think it's intentionally. It's more that they lack people skills but are good at the scientific aspect. So don't like that discourage you.
He doesn't have a set care plan for every patient. He makes a plan for each couple and genuinely cares about them.
I think the staff is great. I had an issue with one nurse because her choice of words were poor. Before I started my 3rd TIC she told me that She sees IUI in my future. I just thinks that is something you don't tell a women as ahecstarting her 3rd round of hormones.
I really like how he is very open and honest with us. He didn't give us false hope and he gave us realistic goals each time. I really appreciate that the clinic is open 7 days a week for patients because a women's cycle isn't only my bday through Friday.
Stop Dr. googling because it freaks you out.
I have only done TIC ( on my 3rd cycle) because that is what my insurance will cover. I started off on clomid 50mg two times a day but my body didn't react hiwvthey expected. So that cycles ended up being my baseline. The next time they upped my clomid to 150mg as well as the menopur and hcg shot. Now my third cycle they did the 150 mg clomid, 3 menopur injections,1 hcg injection and progesterone suppositories. I asked for the progesterone because I had a chemical pregnancy before I saw Dr.Bachus.
My insurance covered all natural treatments like TIC but I have to pay out of pocket once I progress.
2013 - 2015
The clinic [Rocky Mt Ctr for Repro Med] is smaller which offered more individualized care but their resources are limited. They would send you to many different facilities for treatments and procedures which I believe is a weakness. It also appeared that they did not have enough staff to be able to offer appointment times that are convenient for you.... The nurses were friendly but did not go above and beyond for you. They did not ever check in with me to see how I was doing after completing a cycle.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is smaller which offered more individualized care but their resources are limited. They would send you to many different facilities for treatments and procedures which I believe is a weakness. It also appeared that they did not have enough staff to be able to offer appointment times that are convenient for you.
Dr. Bachus and his staff were very kind and the majority of the time very compassionate. I wish they would have done a better job at checking in with me after my IUIs instead of just waiting for me to call with bad news.
Dr. Bachus was very knowledgeable and compassionate. He was very good at explaining things in a way that I would understand them. He traveled up to the state where I lived to meet with patients which was very convenient.
Dr. Bachus is a wonderful doctor, but don't be afraid to take change of your care in order to get what you need from a fertility clinic.
I did three IUIs with Letrozole. In the third IUI, the injectable Menopur was added but did not produce the desired effects of more mature follicals. Each of my IUIs was unsuccessful and resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I had unexplained infertility and endometriosis, so the hope of this treatment was to release more eggs, hoping that at least one would result in a pregnancy.
The total was around $7,000 for the treatment that I received.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Some nurses [at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Med] were excellent and very compassionate. However, one nurse really hurt me during an insemination procedure, and then blamed me for moving, even though this was an involuntary movement due to the pain. Also, whichever nurse did the insemination procedure never reminded me to start taking Progesterone and get a pregnancy test if I did not start my period on the expected day. This caused us to miss an opportunity to take progesterone for an early pregnancy, and it turned into a loss.
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Bachus tends to go straight to medications and treatment options, and did not do immunological testing, genetic testing, or any other diagnostic testing beyond laparoscopic surgery if your symptoms resemble endometriosis or any abnormalities that he would be able to operate on. He prefers to do surgery on everyone, so that tends to be his bent. This is less of a natural approach, and then he skips right to drugs and insemination or IVF. Dr. Bakos has great bedside manner, but the newer nurses seem less and pathetic and kind.
He had pretty good bedside manner but we had some bad experiences with a couple of nurses along the way.
Some nurses were excellent and very compassionate. However, one nurse really hurt me during an insemination procedure, and then blamed me for moving, even though this was an involuntary movement due to the pain. Also, whichever nurse did the insemination procedure never reminded me to start taking Progesterone and get a pregnancy test if I did not start my period on the expected day. This caused us to miss an opportunity to take progesterone for an early pregnancy, and it turned into a loss.
We felt heard and given the time of day by him and he was willing to work with us especially on our financial limitations and let us take things at our own pace. He had great bedside manner and we felt mutual respect. He does a great job listening and guiding.
Know your own limits and get perspective before working with any doc about how many treatments they expect it to take before live birth, not just achieving pregnancy. We had a very early loss (sometimes referred to as chemical preganacy) on our 2 nd IUI, and they forgot to tell me what to do when my period was late. I should have started taking progesterone but no one told me that, and then they considered that a success, apparently.
Dr. Bacchus was not in our insurance Network, so we paid out of pocket for everything. There was a discount for people paying out-of-pocket, around 25%, I believe.
Fort Collins
[Rocky Mt Ctr for Reprod. Med.] STRENGTH WOULD BE THEY DO HELP PEOPLE AND ARE ALL POSITIVE. BUT COULD EXPLAIN MORE, AND WORK HARDER AT YOUR DREAMS AS A PATIENT. FEEL LIKE THEY GAVE UP...[re: nursing staff] THEY WERE NICE, BUT HARD TO APPROACH WITH QUESTIONS SOME DIDNT HAVE ANSWERS OR IT WAS LIKE I WAS ASKING A STUPID QUESTION BUT ALL IN ALL THEY WERE NICE... AFTER A COUPLE MONTHS I WAS BACK CHARGED FOR CO PAYMENTS I DIDNT PAY YET I SAW THE FRONT COUNTER EVERYTIME
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
NUMBER, HAD LOTS OF SUCESS STORIES BUT FELT LIKE I WASNT GIVE MANY OPTIONS, OR WHAT I CAN DO TO IMPROVE MY CHANCES LIKE DIET OR EXERCISING ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP ME, JUST TOLD ME TO COME IN AND DID AN ULTRASOUND AND THEN GAVE ME CLOMID AND DIDNT SEE HIM FOR A MONTH AND KEPT GOING LIKE THAT FOR 8 MONTHS. NOTHING WAS EVE EXPLAINED OF WHAT TYPE OF PCOS I HAD, IF I HAD THYROID PROBLEMS OR INSULIN RESISTANT.... I LEARNED MORE RESEARCHING THEN I DID FROM THE DR.
HE DID MAKE ME FEEL CONFERRABLE DURING APPOINTMENTS, BUT IT WAS FAST IN AND OUT AND NO EXPLANATION. OR WHAT I COULD DO BETTER THE NEXT CYCLE, OR HOW TO CHANGE WHAT I HAD OR HELP WHAT I HAD. OR EVEN OFFER A NEW PATH AFTER MY 6 MOTHS OF CLOMID OF NO SUCCESS HALF THE CYCLES NO EGGS EVEN MATURED OR OVULATED I JUST FEEL LIKE THERE COULD HAVE BEEN MORE DONE.
ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS, AND DO YOU RESEARCH TO GET THE INFO AND ANSWER YOU WANT AND NEED TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL CYCLE
DID CLOMID FOR 6 CYCLES, STARTED OUT WITH A LOW DOSAGE AND THE WENT AS HIGH AS WAS ALOUD. SOMETIMES I WOULD OVULATE SOMETIMES I WOULDNT BUT WHEN I DIDNT I TOOK THE HCG SHOT TO FORCE THE OVULATION AT LEAST TWICE.
WELL AT FIRST THERE WAS NO COPAY, THEN AFTER A COUPLE MONTHS I WAS BACK CHARGED FOR CO PAYMENTS I DIDNT PAY YET I SAW THE FRONT COUNTER EVERYTIME I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT, SO GOT BEHIND ON BILLS AND COULD CONTINUE TO GO
I WOULD LIKE MULTIPLE EMBRYO TRANSFER TO HIGHER MY CHANCES OF CONCEIVING
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
[Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine is] Such an amazing clinic . I cannot say enough good about it. Always quick to get you in for appointments. Open 364 days a year. Staff is amazing! Dr is great and good at what he does. Office is very clean and organized...The nursing staff is so friendly and always eager to help with anything you need...I did ultrasound cd 3, femara day 3-7, 150iu Menopur days 7 and 9, trigger shot day 12 after folicules scan and timed Intercourse.
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Such an amazing clinic. I cannot say enough good about it. Always quick to get you in for appointments. Open 364 days a year. Staff is amazing! Dr is great and good at what he does. Office is very clean and organized.
Definitely treat you like a human. They are so kind and compassionate. Open 364 days a year. Such a great friendly office.
Dr Bachus is so nice and makes you feel at home. He did my laparoscopic surgery and removed my endometriosis. He also did my treatment and helped us concieve pretty quickly. Our second time around we are now facing secondary male factor infertility along with my pcos and endometriosis and he had many options of vitamins that we could try. Always gives us hope that we can still grow our family!
Go in ready to get the helpyou need. Always have your questions written out and ask them. The doctor sits down with you one on one for the initial visit and Jen is so kind and loves to answer your questions and to help you’re nerves feel at ease. We brought our son in that he helped us concieve and his face lit up! You can see that he actually lives what’s he does and loves meeting the Little ones he helped you create!!! Best doctor I have ever worked with.
Everything was covered except for copayments for meds.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
I felt he [dr Bachus] took the time to explain things and I felt he was pretty candid about what your chances of success were. He also explained why he chose to change dosages or why he does things differently than other doctors. I also want to mention that as a plus size patient with out PCOS, I feel that Dr Bachus didn't judge my health by my weight.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
It is a small practice, and you see Dr Bachus pretty much every time your are in the clinic. He knows you and always seems to be rooting for you, without giving false hope.
I felt he took the time to explain things and I felt he was pretty candid about what your chances of success were. He also explained why he chose to change dosages or why he does things differently than other doctors. I also want to mention that as a plus size patient with out PCOS, I feel that Dr Bachus didn't judge my health by my weight.
It's a small clinic so he can't always take new patients, I've known some people to have to wait awhile before they can get in to see him. It's worth it to be patient.
I did an IVF attempt with my own eggs that resulted in a pregnancy and then a miscarriage. Then Dr Bachus encouraged me to take a break before trying again. The following year we did IVF with donor eggs which resulted in a pregnancy and we also have frozen embryos should we pursue future pregnancies.
My first cycle of IVF we had some insurance coverage and paid around 12k out of pocket with medications. Second cycle, no insurance, with a known donor, we paid around 24k.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Some of the staff [at Rocky Mtn Center for Reproductive Med] was not very friendly or not as compassionate as I would have liked. The reality is that I didn’t want to have trouble having a baby but that’s what I was dealt with and I needed compassionate and caring office staff along the way... Kelly was amazing! The only complaint I had is that I needed direction on a weekend and the nurse on call wasn’t sure what to tell me.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Some of the staff was not very friendly or not as compassionate as I would have liked. The reality is that I didn’t want to have trouble having a baby but that’s what I was dealt with and I needed compassionate and caring office staff along the way.
Dr Bachus makes you feel like an important person. I never get like a number or like I was being shuffled through. There were plenty of disappointments along the way and he spent as much time as we needed with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
He is very caring. I appreciated the fact that I saw him every visit as I’ve heard of other clinics where the doctors is rarely seen. We had set backs and he adjusted along the way. A few times, he even called me himself to check in on me. We got the end result we were hoping for - a healthy baby girl.
Ask questions so you never leave the office unsure of what’s going to happen next.
Fort Collins
Love the staff [at Rocky Mountain Center for Reproductive Medicine] ! They are sweet, funny, and compassionate. I always felt like they went above and beyond what was required of them...He [Dr Kevin Bachus] and his staff are wonderfully compassionate and empathetic...Dr Bachus is thorough with testing and treatments. We never felt rushed or pressured to make decisions. He always provided us with the information we requested or needed. He spent almost 2 hours talking with us after our first failed IVF cycle. We never felt like a number with him. He's incredible!!
He and his staff are wonderfully compassionate and empathetic.
Love the staff! They are sweet, funny, and compassionate. I always felt like they went above and beyond what was required of them.
He's incredible!