Rush University

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1725 W. Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60612
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rush University to a friend?
I've had a couple instances [at Rush]- including once when I did not get a phone call with results and instructions - when no one communicated to me that I was supposed to start a particular drug on a specific day or at a specific time. The staff sometimes seems to assume that someone else explained something to you...The nursing staff are all pleasant and caring, but there's little continuity - it seems like I see a different nurse each time, and the person who calls in the afternoon with my results isn't always the same person I saw earlier in the morning. They always seem rushed and I'm less comfortable asking them questions than with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
For regular monitoring visits, they move you through pretty efficiently - you can get blood work, ultrasound, and a quick chat with a nurse in under 30 minutes. They are responsive to appointment requests and generally pleasant. But reaching anyone on the phone often involves a bit of phone tag - I wish there was a way to make appointments or communicate electronically. You definitely have to be your own advocate and be clear about what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Dr. Wood Molo has a warm and empathetic manner and a great sense of humor - during consultations with her, I feel confident in her care and attention to my concerns. Outside of the consultations, working with the nurses can feel a little like an assembly line. Patients do not have a dedicated nurse, but after several months you get to know them all and they are generally caring and attentive but sometimes seem to not be aware details I've previously discussed with the doctor or other staff.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Meeting with Dr. Wood Molo is a reassuring experience - she seems to genuinely care, will spend time to explain diagnoses and procedures and answer questions, and has a great, slightly off-kilter, sense of humor that put my husband and me at ease. During the regular course of treatment working with the nurses and clinic staff, I can feel a little disconnected from the doctor - and as a patient, I found that it is my responsibility to take the initiative to ask for a consult with her. Most importantly, though, I feel like she understands my specific condition, needs and concerns, including financial considerations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Be proactive and schedule your consultations with the doctor when you feel you need them - ask questions and don't count on staff to walk you through every step of the process.
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Rush University and their degree of success.
Dr. Wood Molo took a measured approach to my treatment, taking into consideration that I had limited insurance coverage. We started out with just letrozole and oral progesterone and timed intercourse, then added Ovidrel for several cycles before moving on to injectible FSH, which was not covered by my insurance. At this time, we are preparing to move on to IUI with injectibles. While in treatment, I have not yet had a single pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Rush University.
I paid a co-pay for monitoring visits and Dr. visits but have not yet had any specific procedures that would incur additional costs.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [Rush U] are very professional and precise they have so many strength the staff is caring and very passionate about you achieving your goals and dreams of becoming pregnant they also are patient and take time to explain to you how to take your medication and injections correctly they are also vey timing they get you in and out but they get the job done when every you need to speak with doctor wood molo it is very convenient to get in contact with especially after business hours
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Rush University.
They are very professional and precise they have so many strength the staff is caring and very passionate about you achieving your goals and dreams of becoming pregnant they also are patient and take time to explain to you how to take your medication and injections correctly they are also vey timing they get you in and out but they get the job done when every you need to speak with doctor wood molo it is very convenient to get in contact with especially after business hours
Doctor Mary wood Molo is such amazing doctor she so professional and love her patients and her job
The nurses are amazing , professional and kind ,
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary wood molo is very professional and and excellent at her job and her goal is to help us to achieve our goals to get pregnant and to stay pregnant she is compassionate and very great communication skills very patient and timely I'm so grateful that God has placed her in our lives to help us conceive and expand our family she is encouraging and great at what she does having her as a doctor help me to embrace this journey with more faith and grace . I like that when you need to ask questions or concerns it very easy to get in contact with her !she is truly a God sent ! Dealing with fertility issues can be very challenging and difficult at times ! But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and when we get our desired results it shall be so rewarding!! She is excellent and precise decided and approachable there nothing that you can't ask her ! I remember when I had my egg retrieval she called the next day to see how I was doing !!! Now that a doctor who loves what she does and very cares for her patients!! So many woman have gotten their desired results
Doctor Mary is professional and amazing at what she does
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Rush University.
All went well and was very professional
Chicago
Be warned that the clinic is not in control of the hours Rush Hospital is. The day of IUI is very stressful b/c of having to coordinate with the Andrology lab....Their billing department is sourced out of office which can cause issues. "Old School" practice that has not moved ahead with patient oriented technology ie there is no online communication , no emailing nurses, no lab results loaded online...The head nurse has no empathy is always in a rush and has a very poor sense of humor.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Be warned that the clinic is not in control of the hours Rush Hospital is. The day of IUI is very stressful b/c of having to coordinate with the Andrology lab. At 3pm you get the call that you are good to go next day but the Andrology lab closed at 3pm. So they will call you the next morning at 6am to get you scheduled waking you up but then your appointment is not until 9pm. You then go to the Andrology lab to drop off sample wait an hour then pick it up and take it to the clinic. The receptionist at the Andrology lab is HORRIBLE at her job. This added a lot of stress to a day when you want to be stress free. My insurance did not use Quest for bloodwork so I was sent to the hospital's blood lab it is a DMV style lab which took quite a bit of time and was very expensive for blood. I think if I had done some research on my own I would have been better off using quest and getting blood done in lab. Their billing department is sourced out of office which can cause issues. "Old School" practice that has not moved ahead with patient oriented technology ie there is no online communication , no emailing nurses, no lab results loaded online.
I never saw Dr. Molo except at consultations. She would doodle on paper our options and vaguely explain everything but never seemed to really address my unique medical needs and give us a definite plan of what was going to happen next. I left in a blur of emotional confusion as to what our options were.
The head nurse has no empathy is always in a rush and has a very poor sense of humor. She would use terms like "romance" for intercourse etc. For the first IUI I felt it was important that my husband be there and she kinda made fun of the fact that I wanted him there to be part of that moment. I believe she knew her stuff and how to manage the nursing team but was terrible with patients. I did not feel that I could ask questions and when I did I felt like I was asking for favors. Rush has strange hospital hours during holidays and the clinic was closed for 4 days over Thanksgiving. I was in the middle of an IUI cycle and I ovulated despite being on Ganirelix to delay ovulation and therefore my IUI was cancelled. I received no sympathy from the nurse just an oh well and You had "romance" over the weekend didn't you ? Well No we were at my parents house and saving up my Husband's sperm for the IUI! ( i forgot the recommended time frame on this I believe it was 48 hours?) The other nurses were hit or miss I sometimes felt they were not aware of my case or what they were doing. Communication was very difficult b/c of the hours of the clinic. I would often get a call after they closed and if I didn't get to the phone there was no way to get a hold of a nurse that day/night to ask questions. I would have to leave a message and wait until the next afternoon for a call back due to their clinic schedule.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Timely. Listened well. I felt some compassion from her during our consultations. I did not like that multiple residents would be in the room. However I did not feel like treatment decisions, strategy, finances were explained well enough in our consultations for us to make informed/educated choices and know what that meant ahead. I am now confused as to why we did IUI cycles without any clomid/letrazole as this seemed to be a waste of our money and time.
Have detailed questions ready to go and ask her to explain in more detail about what she is recommending.
First 3 months I was put on Cabergoline to adjust Prolactin and DHEA levels and tried at home. We then did 2 natural IUIs, 2 with letrazole, and 1 with injectibles all with BCN. I really do not understand the rationale for this conservative approach with my diagnosis of endometriosis. I wish we had had a financial adviser to help us strategize better but this clinic was very present-minded and would only talk about the future after a cycle was done but it took at least 3-4 weeks to get an appointment with Molo.
We had a high deductible plan insurance and had to pay upfront at every appointment approximately $250-$350 for u/s appointment and the 5 minute office visit with a nurse. They would then process this through insurance. We NEVER received any billing statements from them. They had been over-charging us as they did not know the contracted insurance rate they were allowed to charge us and charged the same to everyone and we suddenly received a large check in the mail with no explanation and no statement. I had to request this. The woman I spoke with about this issue did not understand why as a patient this type of billing was unprofessional and unethical and just shrugged her shoulders at me. Rush 's hospital billing department is VERY AGGRESSIVE and RUDE so be prepare to deal with that if you need blood work from their labs.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
I felt like the nurses and administrative staff [at Rush] remembered me from visit to visit, which is a good feeling when you have to be there so often....There were about 6 nurses with one lead nurse who might as well be a fertility doctor at this point. She is super knowledgeable and inspires a lot of confidence...The clinic feels a bit dingy and could definitely use an upgrade. But all their equipment seems up to date. Also, the andrology lab is really subpar. It is uncomfortable, dark, and the men are required to use a bathroom to produce their sample.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Rush University.
I felt like the nurses and administrative staff remembered me from visit to visit, which is a good feeling when you have to be there so often. Dr. Wood Molo also is very personable and even if she doesn't necessarily remember every detail about your case, she has a way of making you feel like she does, which may just come from many years of experience in this field and from having gone through fertility treatment herself in order to conceive.
There were about 6 nurses with one lead nurse who might as well be a fertility doctor at this point. She is super knowledgeable and inspires a lot of confidence. The nurses do all the basic procedures (not the doctor) and they are all very capable and pleasant.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
When I went to Dr. Wood Molo I was feeling convinced that my body was very broken. She made us take a few steps backward (from IVF and donor eggs, which we'd already done with another dr--unsuccessfully) to see what my body was capable of doing on its own. She reassured me that my body was doing exactly what it was supposed to and boosted my self-esteem, which I needed. I did not conceive with her, but she did show me that all was okay with me. I was just very unlucky. I felt confident that she was working hard to get to the bottom of the issue, but my husband and I were out of money and emotional resources to go any further. I believe that if I'd started this process with Dr. Wood Molo, I would have conceived and had a baby.
Do not expect to see her very often unless you make an appointment to see her. And be prepared to pay a copay with every single visit, even if it's just a monitoring appointment. Your bill after the fact will be lower, but the constant copays hurt a bit.
Dr Wood Molo uses a very logical approach, starts with mild stimulation and adjusts with every cycle. I told her I hadn't done well on clomid in the past and she used femara with me instead. And made sure with every adjustment (adding injectables later on) that I was okay with the change. She is very thorough and seems to take a lot of care in organizing her patient's unique protocol based on results of the previous one. She does not try the same thing over and over again (which my previous dr did).
I had a $50 copay with every single visit UNLESS I was only getting a pregnancy blood test. The rest of the billing was as expected.
3 IUI, 4 Egg Freezing
When talking about this clinic I refer to it as a boutique clinic rather than in comparison to a large department store... It was very hard to ever reach a nurse and even harder to get them to call you back. There were moments when I felt like it was an emergency and getting them on the phone was next to impossible.
3 IUI, 4 Egg Freezing
For the most I felt loved and cared for. I had been to other clinics - the factory like ones in the area and felt like a number on visit one. Mary and her team are much smaller and have smaller patient base. There are def times when I am not 100% sure they are giving me the right information but I tend to be proven wrong. I think that there is a possibility that since I have been going to that office for over a year they know me well at this point. When talking about this clinic I refer to it as a boutique clinic rather than in comparison to a large department store.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University. (Assigned nurse: Renee Balos)
I think over time we developed a good "working" relationship but I will say that the care went up and down throughout my time. There were some months that I was OK with their responsiveness but overall I would say it was very hard to reach a nurse.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary has a wonderful way of explaining things to her patients. She takes the time to go over your questions and spends time going over the protocols. She is both blunt and thoughtful. She is however hard to get time with. Her schedule fills up quickly so most of your communication is done with the nurses etc. With that said, she has been available to me in times of crisis and responds very quickly to text messages. I feel like she has been a very curious doctor who only cares about trying her hardest and doing whatever it is she needs to do to get your preg. I am not an easy case and I felt like she has treated me as such and not just put me on the typical protocols.
I don't have much advice in regards to Mary, rather I have a lot to say about the clinic itself, reaching the nurses, wait times etc. I think the one difficult thing with Mary is actually getting to see and talk to her, without feeling like a burden. It is your responsibility as the patient to make it clear that you want to talk to her - with that said, if you speak up she will most def make the time for you - day or night.
2007 - 2010
Small! I never saw more than one other patient in the waiting room [at Rush] at a time. Such a difference from seeing 20-30 women waiting for blood work at my prior clinic. The office is not fancy. Rush is a teaching hospital, so I did get a round of brand new medical interns come into an ultrasound appointment. I took some pleasure when the attending Doctor couldn't insert the want, and I grabbed it from him and explained that as a patient, I appreciated that the nurses allowed me to insert the wand on my own rather than him poking at my privates awkwardly.
2007 - 2010
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Small! I never saw more than one other patient in the waiting room at a time. Such a difference from seeing 20-30 women waiting for blood work at my prior clinic. The office is not fancy. Rush is a teaching hospital, so I did get a round of brand new medical interns come into an ultrasound appointment. I took some pleasure when the attending Doctor couldn't insert the want, and I grabbed it from him and explained that as a patient, I appreciated that the nurses allowed me to insert the wand on my own rather than him poking at my privates awkwardly.
She was amazing during our very first visit. She asked for results of a test that my second Doctor never looked at and immediately saw that I had a growth of some sort on my uterine wall that needed to be scraped and removed. She shared that she had four children of her own brough infertility treatment and upon request, shared the name of her acupuncturist that she credits (as do I) with a huge part of her success. She made eye contact, listened, and had a clear plan of action from the start. I loved her, even if I only met her two or three times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University.
The nursing staff was small and not overworked. They took care when I explained how scared I was of self-injections and asked if I wanted to come in every day because they would do it for me (and were shocked that my prior clinic sent me home with a DVD to teach myself how to administer injections). They joked with me when I would mention how scared I was of blood draws even after going through 18 months of infertility treatment. Hey made me feel relaxed and helped me laugh through the awkwardness of IUI. They treated me like a human allowing me to insert the ultrasound wand on my own.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
She makes eye contact and smiles and jokes about the horrid process that is infertility. Her practice is small and she cares for her patients even if it was not the fanciest office around.
Be ready to talk to her and ask questions. She answers them!
After suffering a miscarriage, we changed to Dr. molo's practice from FCI. Within weeks, she scheduled outpatient surgery to remove growth on the uterine walls. She also encouraged me to visit her personal acupuncturist who treated me three times a week and prescribed herbal supplements. Dr. Molo was in complete support of alternative therapy. We went through 3-4 cycles of injectibles, but only on the last round did we feel that the eggs were of good size. I became pregnant on that IUI round and continued to visit for weekly ultrasounds through my first trimester. Healthy baby girl is almost 8 years old now!
Luckily, insurance covered almost everything.
2013 - 2015
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Rush is fine, it is not fancy or swanky but I believe the care is very good and most of all I am treated as a human being...A couple of times prescriptions were not called in,
2013 - 2015
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Rush is fine, it is not fancy or swanky but I believe the care is very good and most of all I am treated as a human being. The hospital blood lab has the nicest people you will ever meet and some of them have gone through fertility and are quite empathetic. I am overall pleased with RUSH.
Dr. Wood Molo and Renee have a human approach and are very sympathetic and kind. I stay at this practice because I genuinely feel they want me to have a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University. (Assigned nurse: Renee)
For the first two IVF cycles, I saw whatever nurse was available-which was sometimes confusing on who to call with questions. Once I became a donor egg patient, I worked only with Renee-making communication much clearer.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary Wood Molo is very kind, she is an excellent communicator and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. I work in healthcare, but sometimes get overwhelmed talking about options.
Take control of your own path, they see a lot of patients and you need to make sure you are asking all of the right questions and understand your path to care very step of the way.
Stemmed for 14-15 days, 450 IU Follistim, 250 menopur, clomid, progesterone in oil, three day transfer.
My insurance did not cover monitoring/ tests for my donor eggs. Otherwise insurance covered most once the deductible was met.
2013 - 2016
you don't feel like just a number [at Rush University]... she [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] had me pursue seeing a specialist in reproductive immunology. With that information and results, dr.wood-Molo decided that we should backtrack and try iui (which my previous reproductive dr completely bypassed). With the right combination of medication, vitamins and fertility drugs..All of the nurses are great and friendly!
Describe your experience with Rush University.
A very familial office where you don't feel like just a number.
Dr. wood-Molo is very personable, as is her staff, so just by the nature of their friendliness one feels welcome and comfortable- not like a fertility sorority cattle call, like the previous group I went.
All of the nurses are great and friendly!
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
The doctor dumbed things down, in a good way, for me. Science isn't my thing, so she'd explain things in such a way that I could understand. She'd include drawings, too, to help me understand.
Dr wood-Molo had more faith in me than I did myself: that's the kind of doctor I would think people would want.
Dr wood-Molo followed the lead of my previous fertility doctor in going straight to ivf. After that was unsuccessful, she had me pursue seeing a specialist in reproductive immunology. With that information and results, dr.wood-Molo decided that we should backtrack and try iui (which my previous reproductive dr completely bypassed). With the right combination of medication, vitamins and fertility drugs, I am currently pregnant and have two young daughters- all thanks to Dr. Wood-Molo.
Unsure, sorry.
Chicago
At times, I felt like a number in dealing with different nurses [at Rush], who would provide me with conflicting information at times. That being said, the staff are wonderful- they just have a lot on their plates. Dr Wood Molo is incredible with patients...Nurses were very kind, great when I was in the office, but communication was difficult at times...
Dr Wood Molo is amazing. At times, I felt like a number in dealing with different nurses, who would provide me with conflicting information at times. That being said, the staff are wonderful- they just have a lot on their plates. Dr Wood Molo is incredible with patients.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
I love Dr Wood Molo, she is brilliant and kind and funny- lifts my spirits every time I see her. The nursing staff are all kind and helpful- but seem to have so many patients that at times there were mix ups. It is difficult dealing so much with nurses and communicating through them to get to the doctor.
Be your own best advocate- write down everything, don't be afraid to point out discrepancies.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] was very easy I believe that she gave me information directly and didn't suger coat or lead me on. Dr. Molo offered to help with picking donor sperm and any assistance. I think Mary is friendly, funny and does her best to make the patient comfortable and at ease and not pushy with and treatments...Great hours, hard to get someone to answer the phone...Prompt with phone calls with each bloodwork resuts
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Great hours, hard to get someone to answer the phone
I received return phone calls after each lab to give results.
Prompt with phone calls with each bloodwork resuts
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
She was very easy I believe that she gave me information directly and didn't suger coat or lead me on. Dr. Molo offered to help with picking donor sperm and any assistance. I think Mary is friendly, funny and does her best to make the patient comfortable and at ease and not pushy with and treatments.
Know what form of treatment you want and follow through
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Sometimes it is very busy [at Rush] but they run relatively on time...Insurance covered monitoring and transfer, did not cover drugs or egg donor...The entire nursing staff is fantastic and communicates well...Best practice if you want to be treated as a human being and have a doctor who will course correct for you based on your wishes, not their practice reporting numbers...
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Sometimes it is very busy but they run relatively on time.
the staff and Dr. MWW are wonderful. They care about you as a patient and are sensitive to your needs.
The entire nursing staff is fantastic and communicates well .
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary Wood Molo is wonderful. She does not allow setbacks to get in the way and she did not stop treating me when I felt there was no hope. I am currently pregnant and she never gave up and was always sympathetic and caring.
Insurance covered monitoring and transfer, did not cover drugs or egg donor