Genetic counseling: Offered
2020 Camino Del Rio N.
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Excellent team [of nurses]! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication...Clinic is clean, respectful, kind, compassionate and competent. We felt well taken care of the entire journey! Everyone was top notch and you leave feeling well supported. I can see why people travel from all over the world to work with Dr. Park and her team. We flew in from NC and despite our long distance, everyone was fantastic at coordinating all the little and big details.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park carefully explained everything in a patient, easy to understand manner and appeared genuinely glad to explain things in great detail as requested. She provided great follow up and was very accessible. She ensured we felt comfortable with our team and was with us 100% of the journey along the way. We felt so lucky to be paired with her. Getting to this point was filled with so much pain and anguish and finding her and SDFC was a relief and great joy for our family. What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elina Kjetselberg)
Excellent team! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was a stand out - not just in fertility treatment experiences, but in relation to ALL medical and healthcare treatment settings. She was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Show up with an easy mind, open heart and your important questions.
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park following the standards of the ORM recommended a single Embryo transfer based on our circumstances.
SD - Carmel Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I love everything about this clinic [San Diego Fertility] from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic....We are still in the process of qualifying for guaranteed IVF. It is a little bit higher in price than your standard cycle but we feel given our circumstances it is absolutely worth every penny!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I love everything about this clinic from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
She brought us straight to her office for our initial consultation and spent a great amount of time explaining everything to us step-by-step and asking if we had any questions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is always so easy to reach if I have any questions at all. Every time I have gone in for blood work I have not had to wait and she already has everything set up and ready to go to get me in-and-out. I have very poor veins and it normally takes a few sticks to get blood but Jen can always get it 1st try!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We absolutely adore her! We felt she truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us. We did not at all feel pressured to spend more money then we already were
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Give yourself a few hours for your consultation because she does not at all make you Feel rushed at all! We got individual time with her and the nurse and the financial advisor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say it definitely goes case by case. She does both however we are only 23 years old and have never been pregnant so in our case she said she will transfer one embryo a few times and depending on results she may go to two
Temecula

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC feels like a fertility mill. They see a large quantity of patients, and its evident that individual care is not high on their priority list. While the first consultation is often comped, and you get a great full hour consultation, my experience was after you sign on as a patient, you never really see the doctors again but rather have your case managed by a myriad of staff who don't get to know your case. Now that I have completed my retrieval and have embryos "on ice", I feel a bit stuck in the mill. I expected having such expensive, self-pay medicine would come with more access to physicians, and care designed for our specific circumstances.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Through my 2 IUIs and 1 round of IVF at SDFC its only become more apparent that patients are treated as a number rather than an individual case. The best example of this is the fact that you see a different staff member, never a doctor, during each monitoring appointment. The staff always asks to get "caught up" on your meds/cycle, and I can say that if any of them saw me outside of the office they would not recognize me as a patient, let alone even remember my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
While you are assigned a care coordinator under a RE at SDFC, my experience was that you only see them during the intake of appointments with the doctor- aka consultations. All other appointments and services are with a mix of other staff members on a rotating basis. The coordinator is available via email if you have questions outside the appointment, but I found it felt like I was bothering her if I did reach out.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations. My issues with her may just be how her office is run, but other than the consults and actual surgical procedures, I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment. Her MA is quite cold, and I've found myself holding back from reaching out as to not have any further interaction. I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE. As meds were adjusted, I was only contacted by the staff I did not know and nothing was explained. I was also struck when all embryo updates were an informal email from a lab department, again I never heard from my actual doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in understanding this is a very hands-off clinic. They see a high volume of patients and don't have the time to give any "personal touch". As this was my first experience with fertility treatments, it took a lot of research on my own to understand what was going on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI was about $850 with the trigger shot IVF is about $14,000 before medications FET is about $5,000
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Friedman has a very strong preference for eSet
SD - Carmel Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience.... A full IVF cycle is $13,500. They do offer embryo banking package, two retrievals and one transfer.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience. I think if you do your due diligence and connect with your doctor, you will feel supported and connected throughout the entire process.
Dr. Park was supportive, but realistic, with treatment and expected outcomes. She referenced real cases and she worked through options with us vs. simply prescribing a standard protocol and sending us on our way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Rinteria)
Janette was quick to respond to calls or emails and ensured we, as well as Dr. Park, were on the same page.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is helpful with explaining your diagnosis and proposed treatment and will sit and answer questions until you are comfortable with next steps. She is honest with her opinions, but when moving forward with treatment she takes patient input seriously and works with you.
There is so much that goes into IVF so be prepared with questions when you see her. Ultrasounds/bloodwork while doing a retrieval are not permitted by Dr. Park, so your appointments with her need to be used wisely.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger. We’ve done two rounds. 1st- 4 follicles, 3 mature eggs, 3 fertilized (ICSI), 2 embryos. 2nd- 6 follicles, 6 mature eggs, 6 fertilized (ICSI), 4 embryos.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
She is pro eSET. Will explain pros/cons, but is open to discussing.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. ... I see Megan and Danielle. Both are amazing and caring. They have helped me through the worst days of my life. I’m so grateful for their care.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. Because I see them so often I sometimes forget about Dr Kettle. I know he’s working behind the scenes but sometimes it’s odd to go long times without checking in. On the other hand I feel so comfortable with the nurses it makes it tolerable. If seeing a doctor at every appt is important to you, this clinic wouldn’t be right for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I didn’t see Dr Kettle at all my appts but I would see the nurses in the Mission Valley office and they are so lovely, kind and caring.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is great. We were an unexpected challenging case and I don’t think he was prepared for our results. Therefore we did not see our poor response to treatment as an option. He got more honest and realistic with us as we progressed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Know that you will develop a better relationship with nurses since they do the primary day to day care.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For our 2 IUIs we did clomid. For our first 2 Egg retrieval’s we did an antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal and cetritide. Round 2 he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each egg retrieval was around $13,000 not including medications. We have done 2 and are starting a 3rd
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have one PGS tested normal so it isn’t really an option but if we get a second he would allow 2.
SD - Carmel Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.

IUI, 1 IVF
It [San Diego Fertility Center] is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way. ... Mj [nurse] is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I haven’t found one negative about our center. It is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way.
From the moment we met Dr. Friedman she welcomed us with open arms. She took the time to learn about our story and medical history before our first consultation and every appointment sense she has come prepared and ready. My specific needs are met time and time again. Her ability to connect on a genuine and individual basis is why we continue to feel human with her instead of just another patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
Mj is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is the warmest and kindest person I have ever received care from. From the moment we met, I felt heard and understood. She has provided my husband and I with honest advice and realistic expectations. With her we feel so safe going through our IVF cycle. There hasn’t been one person who hasn’t raved about her to us and we feel so fortunate to have found San Diego Fertility Center. Thank you for being so wonderful!
I would advise any prospective patients to trust Dr. Friedman with their journey. She is the best at what she does and her level of care is unmatched.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Because of my chronic condition endometriosis, Dr. Friedman has had very specific protocols for our treatment. She has gone the extra mile to take precautions that will greatly increase our chances of success during our embryo transfer. Specifically, she has recommended extra cycles of hormone therapy to suppress my endometriosis; allowing my body to have the best chance at accepting the embryo during transfer.
Our first IVF cycle has cost upwards of $20,000 so far, with medication and appointments.
Dr. Friedman highly recommends transferring only one embryo. Her reasoning stems from the complications that may occur with pregnancies that include multiples. She has also taken into consideration my age and future pregnancies while giving this advice.
SD - Carmel Valley

Majority of the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. ... My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. ... The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Majority of the clinic staff are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. I had a front desk girl start to say how she and her husband werent desperate enough yet to start treatments and then immediately caught herself. Days after my miscarriage (right before Christmas) I had staff asking me if I had any fun plans for the holiday. It wasnt mean-spirited but I do feel that in these situations knowing things like that could impact those suffering through a loss should be part of their standard care training. My only other specific complaint was the day we had our ultrasound and found out the baby didnt have a heartbeat anymore. Our nurse that day said it so matter-of-fact and left the room to get the doctor. As they escorted us to the doctors office I saw our nurse setting up for a staff party or something in the break room. Again, this wasnt mean-spirited but I feel like extra caution needs to be taken in these clinics to avoid their patients feeling like numbers. To me, in that extremely emotional moment, seeing the person that had just told me I lost a baby setting up for a party really bothered me. Something as easy as shutting the door to the break room could have avoided that feeling for me, but again, I know there was no bad intent from the staff. I would assume most of the staff have not been through fertility treatments so some of these things that, anywhere else, would never be an issue are felt differently based on what we are going through. Besides these couple instances, we have loved our clinic and the staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela Mckee)
My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. It was clear she didnt look at my chart before responding to questions (ex. when I was having issues before my FET and emailed her about them, she responded with something about clomid which I had not been on in months). The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
My only complaint would be that I wish I got to interact with Dr Friedman more. The times I was able to she was understanding, compassionate but also realistic. My favorite interaction with Dr Friedman was our first FET. She seemed so genuinely excited for us and did a great job talking us through all of the steps.
Just know that you won't interact with her as much as you would assume
We first tried 2 clomid IUIs then switched to a another medicine for the 3rd IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For my IVF egg retrieval, I did Gonal F and Menopur with Cetrotide. This results in 21 eggs retrieved and 9 frozen embryos. For my FET, I did estrogen and PIO. Transfer was successful but miscarried at 8w+2d.
Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples. She was open to the conversation of transferring 2 for future transfers.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic's [San Diego Fertility Center] strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. ... I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. ... I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance.
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic's strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. This only happened on a few occasions but it would have been nice to be called if they are running behind so that I didn't leave work just to sit in the waiting room for 30-40 minutes.
Dr. Friedman always spoke to me respectfully and professionally, empathizing with my situation while also being honest about the pros and cons of the different treatment options for my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela McKee)
All of the nursing staff was great. They made me feel at ease and were always willing to take the time to answer my questions or address any concerns. I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance. I think I saved at least 50% on my medications following this advice.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. She made me feel comfortable and presented all my treatment options with the pros and cons so I always felt like I was making a fully informed decision. She never pressured me.
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Be open and honest about your expectations and take your time to weigh the pros and cons.
First embryo transfer cycle was cancelled as my uterine lining was not optimal thickness. She prescribed medications to help thicken my lining for the next cycle which worked.
I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. This was given as the best option to control costs as I would not have to pay anything more. They would refund any amounts that my insurance covered. My insurance only covered the visits at the office and not the embryology lab or surgery center so I only got refunded about $775.
We made it clear from the beginning that we only wanted one embryo transferred as we only wanted one child and did not want to take the risk of multiples. She fully supported our decision.

IUI, 1 IVF
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. ... We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. ... Jen was my primary nurse. ... She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. I feel like they were a huge part of our journey and I am so thankful for them!
Dr Chuan always made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me. She always knew the details of our case and had a warm bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jen was my primary nurse. She is always so helpful and informative. She always encouraged me and answered all of my questions. She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Chuan would always visit before and after any procedure. She would explain in detail before the procedure started and also go over the details and results afterwards. She always had a smile on her face and had compassion and understanding for ALL of my many questions!
As with any doctor, have all of your questions and concerned prepared before an appointment as her time is valuable and you want to make sure she can address everything at your appointment with her.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She chose the IVF for us as we had very fertile numbers. She chose and suggested that we just transfer 1 embryo as she felt transferring 2 could result in a higher risk pregnancy and since we had fertile numbers she thought there would be a good chance both would take. During injections for the egg retrieval, she put me on cetritide so that my body would not ovulate on its own.
We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. This program was also refundable by a percentage each cycle.
We are glad that we listened to her suggestion to just transfer 1 embryo as it was a successful pregnancy and I wouldn't have wanted a higher risk pregnancy carrying multiples.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr] was well run and they were prompt on paperwork and relaying info to my other doctors. I just didn’t feel the compassion I thought I would feel... Strengths- Convenient hours They always answer the phone and are prompt in calling you back. Communicate well and fast with other doctors office Location is convenient Receptionist was very prompt with everything Cons- Rarely see your actual doctor Nurses sometimes don’t relay info to each other so things can get confusing Rushed
European, Latino
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I honestly felt like a number. I think in 2 years I was under going treatment I only saw dr. Chuan 4 times. With my retrieval another doctor had to perform it, which I wasn’t told before hand. I thought I’d be having more one on one time with my actual doctor but I was always being seen by nurses. I still have zero answers after two transfers and for some reason she refuses to check me for other issues like endometriosis that could be causing my infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman )
My nurse coordinator was nice enough but a little intimidating
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
When I did see my doctor, she was friendly but I always felt like my questions were annoying her. She would tend to speak and make eye contact with my husband over me like I was incapable of understanding what she was saying. She felt like 2 different people, on transfer day she was really nice and comforting but on follow up visits about the failed transfers I felt she wasn’t compassionate. I feel like after 1 failed IVF transfer I still am lost and confused about the process and I’m left with zero answers.
Do your research and demand certain tests be taken to rule out possible things causing your infertility. And don’t expect to see your doctor often whom you are paying to treat you.
For egg retrieval I was told to inject myself with gonal F and menopur every night and to take clomid. I believe I was on that for a week. After my egg retrieval she was surprised that they (another doctor did my retrieval) didn’t get very many eggs from me. She said had she known I’d be a poor responder she would have kept me on the medications longer. Mind you, she had already diagnosed me with diminishing ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, so I feel she should have known to stimulate me longer with the medication. We had 3 embryos make it to be frozen. Both times before my transfers they found polyps in my uterus so I had to have those removed thru surgery by my OBGYN before I could proceed with transferring. For the transfers I was put on estrogen and progesterone. The second transfer The oral estrogen wasn’t enough so I had to take it vaginally and put patches on. Both transfers didn’t work so don’t know if that needed to be switched up or not. No explanation for that.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
The monitoring was quick and easy and they were able to get me in early before I had to go to work. No problems there
$13,500 for 1 round of IVF $4,000 for additional transfer $400 (x2) hysteroscopy $4,000 for medications $600 additional medications
I only had 3 frozen embryos to transfer, 1 rated good and the other 2 rated fair. I originally wanted to transfer all 3 but dr. Chuan refused, she said that it was too risky. The most she will transfer at a time is 2. My first transfer I transferred the 1 good and 1 fair embryo. That failed. The 2nd transfer I only had the 1 fair graded embryo left so we put that in and it failed as well.
Temecula

They [San Diego Fertility Center] made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. ... They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. ... Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. ...
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very beautiful offices, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they showed little compassion to their patients. Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. They made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult.
They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. I chose another doctor eventhough they were out of network.
I had a different nurse every time. I had no one I could go to with questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
Don't go, there are several better doctors in San Diego.
I did two fairly low dose clomid IUI cycles. She should have advised against these based on my numbers. Although I didnt proceed with IVF she had me on birth control pills and was planning a very high dosage of medication, nearly $10k worth.
The IUI were about $400 each and the IVF cycle would have cost me nearly $20k with them being in-network. The medication would have cost $10k.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. ... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They were quick to respond to my emails and made sure to check on me after each procedure. During both IVF procedures the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. When you have gone through so much already and make the difficult decision to move ahead with 2 rounds of IVF you want to feel that care.
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. l had 2 IVF cycles and only actually met with her twice before having both procedures, once at our initial consult and once after l got pregnant naturally and miscarried.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff! However, we do wish we were able to meet with her more often instead of the nurses. She was also compassionate to our situation because we did not get the best results.
Eventhough the initial consult might be very informative ask questions to make sure you understand completely. Also expect not to see Dr. Park that often. We spoke to her over the phone more than in person.
Our initial appointment with Dr. Park was great. She was recommended to us by my OB after my second miscarriage. She was thorough and kind and we came up with a game plan to try one more time naturally while on progesterone before moving on to any other treatments. After we miscarried a 3rd time we met with her a second time to talk about testing. She did an ultrasound and determined l was most likely experiencing poor egg quality. After receiving our test results back she really felt it was my poor egg quality that was the issue and we should do 2 rounds of IVF. We paid for both rounds of IVF up front which is around $30,000. We next met with a coordinator to talk about the medications l would be taking during the first round of IVF. She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. I questioned the nurse to make sure this is correct and she confirmed this is the protocol Dr. Park decided for me. I thought this probably should have been mentioned. During this round we retrieved 5 eggs 2 were mature and both fertilized but were very poor quality and did not make it. After this failed we had a phone call with Dr. Park where she explained the next round would be a full kitchen sink round with lots of medications including growth hormones. This round went better and we retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature 4 fertilized but none of our embryos made it again. So after 2 rounds of IVF we were left with nothing. I had a follow up call with Dr. Park and she was compansionate but it was clear these results were not great and we did not know exactly why. She suggested taking a step back and trying acupuncture to maybe improve my egg quality.
For two rounds of IVF (Mini Stim and Kitchen Sink protocol- which there is no difference in the actual procedure) and PGS testing (which we never got to) we paid around $27,000 upfront to the clinic the same day we had our first ultrasound and blood work. Medications are not included in this number. Because we did not make it to PGS testing we were refunded for that portion.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The front desk people [San Diego Fertility Center] could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly. ... MJ [nurse]was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
European, Latino, Native American
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
There was assigned parking spots for the clinic and jolly ranchers which was a plus. The front desk people could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly.
We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. Her nurse, MJ, gave us her cell phone number in case we needed to ask questions when they were closed. Unreal!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes! MJ was so amazing )
MJ was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was honestly a dream. I was so nervous fertility clinics just wanted to take my money, but she said she could have me pregnant in 4 months, and it was almost to the day that she said that we had our 4 week ultra sound with her... the front desk asked if we minded if our appt would be pushed back a bit because dr Friedman really wanted to do the ultrasound. So sweet.
Don’t hold back, tell her everything. She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator.
I needed to get the Fallopian tube blockage test, go on bc to start a period, take lupromen, get ultrasounds, ovidrel shot and then timed intercourse.
I got a referral for the fallopian blockage test, I don’t remember the price. But the sperm sample was $125. And then we spend $400 for the ultrasounds before the ovidrel shot.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I felt like I was tossed around and no one [San Diego Fertility Center] had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. ... I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. ... The staff, especially the donor coordinator, were amazing. The donor coordinator is the reason we initially became patients at the clinic and she continued to be excellent to work with throughout our time there. We had a pretty big issue come up regarding our donor, and she personally called us and worked with us to make sure we were okay with the outcome of future cycles.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there. I had to ask the same question multiple times before getting an answer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hillary)
She honestly did not seem very smart. However, I met and dealt with other nurses at the clinic who were fantastic. I think I just got placed with someone who was extremely frustrating to deal with.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I honestly can’t say anything about him. I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. Another doctor, who was perfectly lovely, did the procedure.
Be prepared to stay on top of your own case. He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications.
I used donor eggs, so this question doesn’t really apply to me. I was not given information on how they adjusted and chose the protocol given to my donor.
The total cost was approximately $40,000 for one donor egg cycle. That included a $8,000 compensation fee for the donor. The rest was for her medications and egg retrieval, as well as my medications and transfer.
He left the decision up to us, but it wasn’t ever really a discussion because we were using donor eggs and knew we did not want to risk the possibility of twins.
SD - Carmel Valley

The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Having first been to an infertility doctor at a hospital, SDFC was a breath of fresh air. The clinic was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
Dr. Friedman, my nurse MJ and the entire staff became more like my friends/family than doctors and nurses. These wonderful people took an active interest in my progress and my emotional state throughout the entire process and I still keep in touch with them today.
MJ was the BEST nurse and care coordinator I could ever have been assigned. I am extremely terrified of needles and she personally came to my home to administer all injections throughout my cycles. She kept me completely informed of everything happening and I received all test results in a timely manner. She become part of our family and I miss working with her dearly!
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. I am terrified of needles and she adjusted my cycles to ensure the least amount of injections were necessary to get the most favorable result - and always gave me the risk involved of such adjustments. She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome. She truly changed our life and I am forever grateful to her and the staff.
Be honest about your fears / expectations / desires / needs, etc. and know that she will give you completely honest and tailored advice every step of the way.
I really wanted to transfer two embryos because I would have preferred to double my chances of a viable pregnancy and felt having twins would potentially relieve me of having to go through any future IVF cycles. Dr. Friedman strongly advised against this taking into account my body type, my extremely active lifestyle, anxious personality, and the excellent rating of my embryos and one embryo was all I needed!
I paid upfront for a full IVF cycle which included all costs except medications. This provided me with the ability to visit the clinic without having to ever provide additional payment at each visit.
Please see my previous answer.
SD - Carmel Valley

The physical office space [San Diego Fertility Ctr] is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The physical office space is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
As a whole, Dr. Friedman is very nice. However, that nice-ness comes off quite unauthentic. She is pretty quick in all meetings, calls, procedures - so while very nice, sweet bedside manner, due to the unauthenticity of that nice manner, and the quickness to get to the next thing, you often feel like just a number.
The medical assistant that was in charge of coordinating our care continually would forget who we were (kept asking for name and date of birth via email after a year's worth of care), would mix up protocols, results, and forget to submit certain forms. Also, would give misinformation on the costs of certain things. While she was nice to your face, it also felt forced, and the misinformation almost messed up our cycles. However, the rest of the nursing staff was nice and well informed, and generally helpful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman seems to be knowledgable and caring. However, often times we didn't feel as though she wanted to dive into the 'why' of a situation or explain treatment or options thoroughly, and we felt as though we annoying when we asked any questions. It could have just been a bad fit, but we felt a lot like we couldn't ask questions without feeling judged.
She is very busy. She travels quite a bit. She definitely has a sweet nature, but also one that doesn't seem to have patience for too many questions. It can be tough to talk with her.
IUIs were all the same with use of letrozole, due to my production of follicles. The were all BFN, and it was the same protocol every time. For the IVF, it was stimulatin with gonal f, menopur, clomid, cetritide, and a lupron trigger. the FETs were estridial, progesterone, 3 days of antibiotics, 3 days of prednisone, baby aspirin, and the first one had lupron mini dose and letrozole.
IUIs cost around $1500; IVF was around $13K + Medication for cash pay, subsequent FET was $4K + meds
because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time. she said there wasn't much chance of helping increaseing the number of embryos, but it did increase the chance of multiples.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff [San Diego Fertility Center] and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
Dr. Park is helpful, informative and has always been very positive with us. We definitely went into our first consultation very nervous and came out feeling reassured that we will end up with a happy healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria / Hanna Mulloy)
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they respond to all the emails I send asking questions without it seeming like I am bugging them!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very reassuring. She's also pretty straight forward which we appreciate. I always leave the office feeling like we have a plan or a next step. I needed a surgery and she went to much trouble to get it scheduled for us.
Take notes! Don't feel bad about asking for further information or more direction if you are having trouble making a decision about your treatment.
We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort. We moved onto blood tests and a SA - all came back good, slightly low-normal morph for my husband. An HSG and MRI was scheduled to confirm the septum. I was then scheduled for a HSC to resect the septum, and an SIS post surgery. Within 1 month of the surgery, we were able to start our first medicated IUI cycle. She is pretty understanding of our needs and wants - she can appreciate that we are older (35 and 38) and are very ready for a healthy pregnancy so she recommended we start with the IUI cycles, even though with my now "normal" uterus we could just continue trying naturally.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
SD Fertility is a well-oiled machine. They have a beautiful facility and many of the MAs and nurses have been there for a long time. I have always had a good experience with communication and visits. The front office staff, MAs, and ultrasound nurses are great.... She [Dr. Friedman] calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.... Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Friedman took the time to explain aspects of treatments with us, answered our questions without making us feel as though we shouldn't ask them, and always weighed pros and cons with us. She was quick to answer emails and when we had questions that were too long to be answered via email, was always willing to set up a phone appointment with us. She calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner and is positive and encouraging without being overly optimistic. She will spend the time to answer all of your questions without making you feel like a number at the clinic and always remembered things about our past treatment even when significant time had passed. She is open to altering plans and treatments if things don't work the first time. She always responds to emails and calls with important news, whether it is good or bad. I appreciate this especially considering many clinics have the nurses call with results.
Generally, I would do your research but trust her knowledge. After going through a couple years of IVF, I know a lot more now than I did when I first started. Be informed with any protocol and treatments that any doctor gives you so you know what questions to ask, but remember that they have had years of training and trust that they are doing what is in your best interest.
The first retrieval round was standard with 250 gonal f, 75 menopur, and centrotide with an HCG co-trigger, second round we changed the protocol due to egg quality and decreased the gonal f and added HGH for part of the cycle with a lupron trigger.
Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Dr. Friedman strongly prefers ESET for PGS tested embryos. She is open to transferring more, but prefers ESET. I don't know what she would recommend for non-PGS tested embryos.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
This clinic is wonderful. I went through multiple rounds of IVF with my own eggs and now am moving to a donor- when I first moved to a donor I researched all of the clinics in the Us that had an in house donor program and SDFC is by far the best. This is a clean, friendly, high end clinic that treats you like an individual and a priority. I recommend this clinic to people whenever possible.... Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Friedman is the best. She is committed to helping patients build their families, she is open to new suggestions and ideas if you have them from your own research. She is extremely supportive and knowledgeable and we felt confident in her ability to advise us.
Nursing staff was wondering. Always friendly and encouraging and professional.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I feel like this is a repetitive question as I just wrote an answer to this question about Dr Friedman. Dr Friedman has been very supportive through all of my fertility treatments. I was her patient for IVF only and she always made my husband and myself very comfortable in her knowledge of what we were going through. One of the first things she told us was that she was there to help us build our family and that really put our minds at ease. Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time. I would trust Dr Friedman with my life and recommend to anyone looking for an amazing fertility doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask all of your questions even ones that seem crazy or far out there! Dr Friedman was really patient answering questions about many different protocols I had read about and it made me feel confident in the protocol we ended up going with because I understood and wasn’t second guessing myself.
My first cycle started with BCP and went on to add Menopur, Gonal F and then Cetrotide. I had 7 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. One highly graded blast and it was abnormal. For my second cycle we intended to prep with Estrace but I ended up with large ovarian cysts. My second cycle also resulted in one abnormal embryo but less eggs. For this one I wish we had waited longer to make sure the cysts were not affecting the cycle at all.
Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
My doctor will allow me to transfer 2 embryos if we want twins but we need to sign off that we understand the risks. Given her advice I think k we will only transfer one however for prospective parents that want twins. Dr Friedman will allow 2.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Michelle [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way...Driving to San Diego was tough, but luckily I was able to go to a satellite clinic in Temecula which cut my driving time down by half. They all took the time to get to know me and all staff, from the front desk, to the phlebotomist to the nurse and doctor, were all fantastic.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I only met Dr. Daneshmand for the FET, he was personable and available by phone whenever I needed him. He walked me through several potential miscarriage scares and always put me at ease during the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Walsh)
Michelle was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Daneshmand has found his calling and true passion in life. I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos. He's a personable guy that makes you feel very important and at ease. Whenever I had a question he was only a phone call away and the day of the transfer I felt so comfortable in his care. He explained the procedure from start to finish before we even started. The intended parent had so many questions and he took the time to answer each and every one, as if he had all the time in the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Get to know his assistant - she's the key to his calendar! :)
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Estradiol tablets and Progesterone in Fish Oil - very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He recommended 2-embryos be transferred with a 70% success rate that one would take (which is exactly what happened).
Temecula

All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours....San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols.... Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols. Nurses and coordinators know what they are doing and communicate well. They have a few clinics around San Diego County, making everything more accessible. The clinics have been moved/upgraded in the past year. You feel like you are getting what you paid for. Staff seem happy to work there. Open to doing IVF patients at an older age. Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it. If you want a boutique clinic, this one isn’t for you.
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her. After deciding that my husband and I were going to try IVF, I called several other clinics. Dr. Park was the most positive of the doctors I spoke with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours. I feel the communication between nurses and me, the patient, has been excellent. Another plus is that many of the nurses and the coordinators have been here for years. The staff seems very happy working for this clinic.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is a positive person. She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).
Keep in mind you won’t see her at every visit. However, the nurses are really nice.
For IUIs, I used Femara and a trigger shot. One IUI was canceled due to ovulating to soon while on Femara, and I did get pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn’t stick. My IvF experience, which was my last cycle, I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized. None of them made it to Day 5.
San Diego Fertility Center gives you all the costs up front. Each IUI was $700, plus meds. For my IVF, I did the Success Guarantee Program. I had to qualify for it. It is $22,000 for egg Retrieval’s and any FETs after from the frozen embryos from that cycle. Being over 40, when it failed, I get 60% of that money back. I paid about $6,000 for my IVF meds. A cycle of IVF is about $12,000.
Dr. Park seems flexible with using 1, 2, or possibly 3.

2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer), Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Cancer, Other
Very modern and friendly clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see...She [nurse] was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so...Although it is one of the higher priced clinics, we felt we had value for money. We also were gifted some of our medication by the clinic which brought the costs down
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer), Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Cancer, Other
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very modern and friendly clinic. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see. I cannot fault it.
She listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
She was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna is a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Be open and honest with her. Let her know your worries and concerns, ask her to explain anything you don't understand as she will always give you a listening ear and take on board anything you suggest. She also will always break things down to a level that you can understand.
in addition to the hormones, she added phospholipids, Endometrial scratch and implantation HCG. This got us pregnant first attempt with her
As we lived far away we had our USS done local to us
She will discuss your options, the pros and cons and give you her preferred option to decide. She will leave you to make an informed choice.
SD - Carmel Valley

This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.

PCOS, Unexplained
As a clinic everyone there [at San Diego Fertility Clinic] is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with...The IUI cycles were around $700 per cycle. The IVF cycle if you do single cycle is around $13,500 and we chose to do success guarantee which was $22,465...On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
As a clinic everyone there is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with. For example, you speak to coordinator to arrange your meds, 1 coordinator to arrange your insurance, 1 coordinator to arrange your financials and billing, 1 coordinator to train you on your meds, 1 coordinator to set up your calendar, and then the medical assistant to the actual doctor. There were times this was frustrating for me and I wished that I could just contact 1 person to take care of all of that and arrange with all those coordinators themselves. I'm not sure if this is usually how all clinics work or not. On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her. She quickly responded to any questions I had as well as would call me to wish me luck on everything.
Some of them are fantastic, a couple of them weren't as warm in their bedside manner but then again that could be because we were spoiled by how lovely Dr. Friedman is. Some of them were a little disorganized and lost some of my forms but I made copies for myself so it wasn't a big deal to me.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her. We had full faith in every decision or opinion she gave and could feel that she genuinely cared about us. She is also extremely warm and compassionate and is also very calming and reassuring. I wish that Dr. Friedman could be my doctor for everything, she is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Being able to email her directly with questions was amazing. She not only answered everything I would ask (and I had a lot of questions), she responds in the same day which is HUGE when you are going through fertility treatment.
When we came to Dr. Friedman I had already tried 8 IUI's without a single one resulting in a pregnancy. I have PCOS, am a lesbian, and was using frozen donor sperm. I also had tried everything from fertility meds (clomid and letrozole) to injectables (follistim and hcg trigger shots) and progesterone suppositories. I had had some positive physical changes (ie: lost weight, less stress, more stable cycle) and wanted to try IUI at least once or twice before making the big plunge to IVF. Dr. Friedman was in full support of this, she believed there was the possibility that IUI could work and understood my reason for wanting to try. After the 2nd try when it did not work I appreciated that she was honest in telling me her opinion on why she thought the IUI's weren't working and why IVF would have a much better chance and she was supportive of either decision we made. We ended up deciding to go with IVF retrieval and FET instead of trying a 3rd IUI with her (would have been my 11th IUI total). She confidently believed we would get pregnant on our first FET. We had a minor road bump right before the transfer (I ended up having uterine polyps and had to have them surgically removed) but then everything went smoothly with our embryo transfer (we transferred 1 by choice) and I am happy to say we are currently almost 10 weeks pregnant after our first try.
We were very adamant about not wanting to multiples, obviously if we somehow ended up with multiples we would not complain but we preferred to have a singleton. Other doctors I have seen push to transfer more than 1 embryo to increase your chances and Dr. Friedman was in complete and total support of us transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We are so grateful that her vision and ours were completely on the same page.
SD - Carmel Valley

[San Diego Fertility Center] Very nice, new facility. I liked that they had a wide range of appointment times, including early slots for monitoring. They were one of the only places that took my insurance for iuis. Since it is such a large clinic and there are so many different providers (including PAs and NPs) you can start to feel like a number a little bit (lost in the shuffle). They had a success guarantee program I was looking into back in 2016 for ivf.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Friedman has wonderful bedside manner and is extremely warm and kind. The office itself, including front desk and medical assistant were another story, however (felt much more like a number with them).
She was a very nice person, but did not appear very organized. I had to call and email numerous times to follow up on ensuring med Scripts were sent to pharmacies and when double checking timing of doses. Felt like I had to do double or triple the work to make sure things were correct. This could be because I was not an ivf patient at this point (maybe they put all their resources towards ivf patients and those getting iui s take a back seat??)
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is a wonderful person and had amazing bedside manner (very warm and positive and always seemed to care). She did get a little flustered during my first iui as she was having difficulty getting the catheter in (I have a retroverted uterus so it could have been difficult). I did see a different provider almost every visit which was a little frustrating.
Make sure you get along well with her medical assistant.
We did low dose clomid IUI cycles (x3). I produced 2-6 follicles each cycle, but none resulted in pregnancy. My husbands sperm count was a tad low on the second and third IUI rounds.
My insurance covered three iuis so I only had a $40 co pay each visit.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff [San Diego Fertility Center] made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them. ... There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. ... I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns.
European, Other
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think overall the clinic was great! There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. I didn’t mind the drive and they were pretty flexible with me when needed. Depending on the timing of my treatments I would see them in to macula or San Diego, but both were pretty convenient.
I feel that with all that comes with fertility treatments it is very scheduled and very planned and very strategic. It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns. They became who I was most familiar with.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. If she saw that I was nervous, she always reassured me and let me take my time getting my emotions under control. Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
Ask questions… Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification on things.
Injections and treatments leading up to anger triple were pretty standard, when my egg retrieval occurred they found polyps in my uterus, so they decided to freeze my eggs, scraped my uterus and allow time for my levels to go down before embryo transfer. They did a biopsy on what they found in my uterus, it came back clear and as soon as my next cycle came around we prepared for embryo transfer. All went as planned and I received a positive pregnancy test two weeks later resulting in a full term birth of my son.
I love my nurse stated that she was amazing. All my expenses are wonderful
20,000-30,000
I only had two embryos to transfer, so we decided to transfer both… We didn’t have a need to select a specific embryo, as long as it was healthy we are ready to transfer.
Temecula

The Staff at SDFC were so supportive, respectful, kind and knowledgeable. They try their best to make you ivf journey much easier...I highly recommend having a consultation with Dr Friedman and I'm sure you will feel the difference from that moment...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Going through IVF is not easy but Dr. Brooke made our experience much better. Dr. Friedman is so kind and intelligent and truly cares for her patients. She makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me. We had to deal with 4 doctors for infertility and Dr Friedman was the sweetest and most dedicated doctor.

3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were i
European, Latino
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great coordination between all the departments (nurse, doctors, finance, donor team)
After 6 years trying to build our family, 6 IVFs, two clinics in LA and several in Argentina where we live now, we were so lucky that somebody introduced us to Dr Brooke Friedman of the San Diego Fertility Center. We hesitated at first because of the long distance but once we decided to do a treatment with them we felt their complete support and we were sure that we made the right decision. We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were in such great hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Very profesional, flexible and understanding.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Trust her, you are in good hands.
Fresh transfer, egg donor.
Around 40k
SD - Carmel Valley

Jenn [was my] medical assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful office, staff is professional and tries to work with your work schedule. They are organized and always followed through with your questions. They all seem to know exactly what is going in with your case. It makes you feel like your in great hands!
I felt I was treated very well, Dr Chuan was very straightforward with me and empathetic, called me personally and spent along time on the phone with explaining what the next step would be (aside from our lengthy consultation because I had so many questions and was very anxious and upset by this infertility diagnosis).
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Medical Assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan spent an extensive amount of time on our initial consultation because I was in shock by what I was being told and had so many questions and needed her to repeat to me again what she said . She explained all our options. She was very sincere and empathetic. She kept me focused and reminded me to take it day by day. I would highly recommend Dr. Chuan.
Read everything you can about your situation, I know it's hard because your depressed or like me in shock, but try to read up and come prepared with your questions, any question you have are important.
We did 1 cycle of injections d/t my age= no follicle response canceled 2nd cycle of high dose injections same as above no response from my body canceled. She gave me the option of trying Clomid pill; so far 3 cycles on this Cycle 1 ovulated before retrieval, she decided to keep a closer eye on me. Cycle 2 led to egg retrieval and 2 frozen embryos Cycle 3 ovulated 1 of the 2 follicles we decided to save our money instead of going after 1 egg and try another cycle Waiting to start my next cycle.
6,000 for medication 11,000 for cycles and egg retrieval
Temecula

My nurse [at San Diego Fertility Center] was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Extremely clean and very well organized. Everybody is very courteous and sharp. They are there to take great care of you, you can feel it instantly. Smiling and happy environment, reassuring and professional.
Dr Chuan is an extremely personable doctor, she makes you feel comfortable given those intimate and often painful circumstances. She is very professional and knowledgeable, yet very warm and inviting. She tries to answer all the questions in a very layman way and creates a very safe environment. Being a woman, I prefer to have a female doctor and she was exactly who I was looking for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Kemp)
My nurse was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
Trust the process and the doctor, she would do the best for you and would tell you exactly what your chances are.
It was suggested we do 2 cycles of frozen embryos, considering my age (42) and my test results. We retried 10 eggs total, 3 embryos and after the PGS testing got one good quality, male one, exactly what we wanted. Waiting on the transfer in 5 days, then positive pregnancy test!!!!
around $23,000 for 2 rounds of frozen embryos transfer, $4,600 for genetic testing, $5,500 for meds
Temecula

My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It's gorgeous! Clean, furnished nicely. Myrna at the front desk is so accommodating. After my second visit, you typically don't even sign in when you walk through the door, they greet you by name & let you know they'll get you back. The wait is never long and they are always pleasant and attentive.
My experience with the SDFC office was very personable. Each appointment that we had, was obviously for the observation of a fertility procedure- but the conversation was always light and in regards to the on-going events of family, events, etc. I never felt like I was being shuttled around being poked and prodded with needles. It felt like a friendly stop-in to say hi to friends, give some blood/have an ultrasound etc. and go on my way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jennifer "Jen", has been amazing. From day one, she gave me her cell phone number- and this poor woman. I contact her at all hours of the day, each time she responds within 10-15 minutes. When we started our egg retrieval cycle, it coincided with Thanksgiving Day, being my first shots- my husband and I were so nervous we were doing it right, we had to call Jen. She answered, on Thanksgiving and took the time to explain to us what we needed to do. She is always communicating with me and always right there when I need her.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this. Something I can say is very comforting, considering this is an extremely emotional process to go through. I left everything in the hands of Dr. Chuan, having her definitely lifted a weight off of our shoulders- knowing we could count on everything to be taken care of, in the best way possible for myself, my husband & our future child.
Prepare to be hugged.
As I said previously, this is a very emotional process with a lot of moving parts. My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure. During the course of my treatment, I was monitored closely for all of my levels doing blood work/ultra sounds continually. There were times my levels would go too high & we would adjust medications accordingly. I would always receive a call the evening of the change, prior to administering my medications to let me know how to proceed. The day of my 'trigger shot' prior for my egg retrieval, my levels again went a little high. So we had to change course and order a new trigger shot. We were able to go to a nearby pharmacy and adjust for my body. Dr. Chuan and her staff were always very informative as to why the change, what it would mean & how to facilitate.
Again, she was great. During our egg retrieval cycle, we were out of the state. Due to being at a different clinic, we had to pay an 'offsite monitoring fee' payment to the OB/GYN clinic we attended. Dr. Chuan deducted what we paid to the other provider, off the balance at her clinic. It is obviously an expensive procedure, but they were very helpful with picking the plan that worked best for our family and our finances.
Temecula

The whole process is nerve-wracking but the staff is always so friendly and happy to help you that it makes you feel at home. I did have to wait over 45 minutes for my initial consultation which was a little off putting but all my other appointments have gone smoothly and quickly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The staff was very friendly and it was nice to be greeted by name as you walked in for your appointments.
The nursing staff has been an awesome support group. I always have lots of questions after my ultrasound and they are always right there to help answer any questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was extremely friendly and really answered all of my questions I had going through IVF for the first time. When she called and had to leave me a message it was always detailed enough so I wasn't left with more questions as to what was going to happen next.
Don't expect to see the doctor at every visit, you can definitely schedule appointments around when she is in the office. All the staff is very friendly and it feels like a family.
The first shot at IVF I was on 150iu of Gonal-F for 13 days, I was only able to get 4 mature eggs so we converted that cycle to an IUI (#5). It resulted in a BFN so we decided to up my dosage of Gonal-F for the next IVF. I had never taken injectable medication before so we didn't know how I would respond. I did 300iu for 10 days and it resulted in 25 follicles retrieved during my egg retrieval. We are currently waiting for our FET (scheduled date is 3/23).
Roughly $25,000 and that is included all the meds.
SD - Carmel Valley

Dr. Sandy Chuan's office [at San Diego Fertility Center] was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
New, clean, with the latest technology.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
All nursing staff were very kind and answered all questions and followed up after every appointment. I am also able to reach them 24/7 with any questions big or small and they are always so kind about it no matter what time.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was very lucky to find Dr. Sandy Chuan. Being a younger patient it was all very scary and confusing. When I first met her, she was so kind and professional. Her knowledge of my issues and her ability to explain it so my husband and I could understand was greatly appreciated. She took the extra time to help us and never made us seem like we were holding her up and she never tried to rush us, which is something we so greatly appreciated. She was not only professional and sensitive she was also willing to work with my work schedules so I did not have to take extra time off work. I would recommend her to anyone having issues with fertility.
To get in ASAP because it will be the best decision you ever made.
I cannot remember the first part of treatment and what they were called, but I do know she tried two different methods that failed before moving to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I have only done the embryo transfer once, and it was successful with one egg that split into identical twins, but I lost them at 16 weeks. I am in the process of doing my second transfer with Dr. Chuan now.
$20,000 one time fee, success guaranteed or money back.
Temecula
The facility [SD Fertility Center] was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking...I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff....I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The facility was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff. I did occasionally feel like Dr. Hummel had forgotten about me because I mostly dealt with his MA and NP.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: His medical assistant)
I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing. Sometimes I felt like she was irritated when I would ask her to explain something more because I didn't understand, almost like she expected me to know.
How was your experience with William Hummel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Hummel was kind, knowledgeable & compassionate. I was somewhat disappointed in the infrequency with which I saw him. I was a patient of his for approximately 1 year an I think I saw him 3 or 4 times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions if you become confused with the process or terminology. I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
Describe the protocols William Hummel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 6 failed IUI cycles and 1 successful IVF cycle. During IUI I did 2 natural cycles, 2 with oral clomid and 2 with injectables (I can't remember the names). During the IVF I used several different injectable medications in a specific series as well as intravaginal estrogen suppositories after the implantation. The injectable series was complicated but with good organizational skills, was manageable. The vaginal suppositories were inconvenient & messy (twice a day for 2 weeks). However I was told the only other options were daily intramuscular injections of estrogen. I was tired of injections so I went for the suppositories which were effective in holding my pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Approximately $35,000 total with IUI, IVF & medications.
Describe William Hummel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Hummel gave me the option of single or multiple transfer. He explained the risks vs benefits and was ethical in that he would not consider transferring 3 or more embryos based on my personal story (single mom by choice). I felt he was being very responsible in his advice.
William Hummel
SD - Carmel Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Hummel at San Diego Fertility Center.

7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V]... She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before!...
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes. She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before! She answered all her questions like how do you store the leftover embryos. Before she left the room she sincerely said that she was going to take really good care of us and our embryos! I believed her! And they did!
This doctor was Honestly unlike any doctor we have ever Matt especially in the infertility world! He was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Miller)
You could tell that the kindness and warmth really trickle down from the doctors to the staff! But as most people know the person you have contact with on a regular basis is your nurse. She was amazing! For example in her communication with me she often took time to acknowledge my fears and reassure me! This is definitely not been the case with most of my clinics that we're mostly sterile and their communication as if I was a checklist. Then when we finally got the results of a positive pregnancy through blood work results, she encouraged me to take a pregnancy test. I asked her why since I knew the blood test was superior. She said because I deserved to see a positive sign! Wow! I'll never forget that! She was so sweet! I took a picture of the positive test an emailed it to her thanking her for encouraging me to do that!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
On a day where we were full of anxiety and excitement at the same time, the day of our transfer, he was unbelievably kind and warm! For example, he knew that we had never gotten as far as an embryo transfer due to my egg quality, and immediately following the transfer of the embryo, he looked in my eyes and very sincerely said congratulations! I cried of course! He made it very personal like he understood!
Go in with high expectations because they will be met!
They were very discreet and professional

2013 - 2015
Jenn [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Most of my appointments, consultations, and ultrasounds were at the Temecula office while the egg retrievals and transfers were at the Del Mar office. The Temecula office is very lovely; well appointed and very clean. It was a pleasure to go here. And since I live in Murrieta, it was fantastic and convenient that most of my appointments were able to be done locally. The Del Mar office is just as nice. They have opened a new clinic in Del Mar that I haven't yet been to so I can't give an opinion of what it currently looks like but I'm sure it is even better than the last one!
From our very first appointment, Dr. Chuan was completely invested in our journey.
Jenn is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We could not have loved having Dr. Chuan as our doctor any more than we did. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over two years by the time we first saw her. She was warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. She took the time to explain everything to us in terms that we could understand and relate to. The month before we were to start the IVF process we ended up pregnant naturally and I miscarried at 7 weeks. The first time I saw Dr. Chuan after she found out she couldn't have been more sympathetic and caring. We decided to skip IUI as an option due to my age, 37 at the time, and the fact that we had been trying to get pregnant for so long at that point, we all agreed that IVF would have a higher possibility of success. We initially were going to do just one retrieval due to the high cost of IVF (our insurance covered nothing of course) and ended up with 3 fresh blastocysts of poor quality. We transferred all three and received a negative result which was obviously emotionally devastating. My husband and I decided to try again and the clinic was amazing in working with us. They offer a discount if you buy a three retrieval package and they rolled over the money we spent on the single retrieval into the package so we saved a lot of money. We did two more retrievals back to back and froze everything. For every new cycle of treatment, Dr. Chuan changed the protocol to try to find what worked best for us. Our first retrieval she was only able to get viable eggs from one ovary so she changed our medications the next time and got better results. She tried a change to the medications for the third retrieval as well to try to give us the best odds. Our second transfer ended up as a blighted ovum miscarriage. Another devastation. Our third transfer resulted in a negative result. By this point I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the quality of my eggs. We spoke to Dr. Chuan about possibly using an egg donor even though we still had six of our own five day blastocysts frozen. She was very empathetic and understanding about our frustration but urged us to give it one more shot with our own eggs and to try transferring three (they normally only transfer a maximum of two) blastocysts. So, we gave it a shot and I honestly fully expected it to fail since I was pretty disheartened at this point. I couldn't be more thrilled to say that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! To say that I was shocked by the positive result would be an understatement. After all of our HCG numbers came back and we were where we were supposed to be, Dr. Chuan called me to congratulate me. At this point in the process generally the fertility doctor is done but she knew how much we had struggled and wanted us to know that she truly cared about us. I have never dealt with a doctor who cared more about me and everything I was going through. If Dr. Chuan could be my lifelong doctor for everything I would be thrilled.
Always be honest about your feelings. I am fully aware about what a serious process fertility treatment is but my husband and I always use sarcasm and humor to deal with stress. Because we joked around, Dr. Chuan adapted fully to our personalities and that really helped us through the process. Had we been super serious about the whole thing, she would have been also. We were able to be ourselves around her which made the process infinitely easier and more comfortable.
I remember that Dr. Chuan changed up our medications during each retrieval to try to get the best results but I don't remember exactly what she changed. I do know that I responded very badly to Estrogen during the egg transfer process and so she tried three different routes for me to take the medication to make me less ill, i.e. patches vs. orally. I was very grateful because taking the pills orally made me horribly nauseated.
The IVF three egg retrieval package was $26,790. Our medications per cycle were about $6,000.

2013 - 2015
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics [at San Diego Fertility Center] were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Doctors and staff treated me with kindness, respect and genuine caring
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn Hoffman was incredible. She, along with Dr.Chuan, showed a positive happy attitude throughout the years of treatment. She went above and beyond her duties for me.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever known. She treated me like you would a good friend, yet she remained professional. She was positive, kind and caring. I was extremely confident in her medical and fertility knowledge. We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Stay patient and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible
Dr.Chuan thought we would reach the best results if we started right away with an egg retrieval due to my age, 40. Our most successful retrieval was the first. After a month of birth control pills to suppress my ovaries, we then stimulated the follicles with injections and retrieved 6 eggs. My husband and I wanted to do genetic testing and the clinic charged same fee whether you had one or eight embryos, so over the next 2+ years we tried to retrieve enough eggs to fertilize into embryos so we could have eight embryos for the testing. It took 2+ years due to my body reacting to the protocols. The protocol that worked perfectly the first round did not work again. I think we tried around 6-10 different protocols over the whole process. The first egg retrieval resulted in the one embryo that genetically would be a viable pregnancy. We implanted the one embryo that was a success!
Over the 2+ years the total cost of medications and clinic procedures was $60,000

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Everything at the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic...From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network

2012 - 2014
We did the "success guarantee" plan [at San Diego Fertility Center] which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
2012 - 2014
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and structured in a way that you will feel taken care of and not lost in a sea of numbers. You have your ultrasounds in the morning and then the whole group meets for a midday meeting so they can discuss your case together. They call you with an update in the afternoon. That way everyone is on the same page and there is no confusion. The same nurse gives your ultrasounds (mostly) and the same nurse draws your blood each time. They are not pushy, and don't waste your time. And the office is clean and beautiful.
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carrie )
Carrie did all of my ultrasounds- she was professional, caring, gentle, and a great resource for information. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciated her after I went to a different clinic where the nursing staff was not great.
How was your experience with William Hummel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him. The only negative I can say is that he suggested moving on to donor eggs while I was on the table having the last embryo transferred. I thought the timing was not so good.
All of our IVF cycles were long prototcol with either ganirelix or cetrotide as antagonist, Gonal-F/menopur stimulations, Ovidrel trigger shots with Lovenox for blood thinners. The first two cycles were fresh day 5 transfers, transferring 2 the first time and 3 the second. We froze the rest and transferred them after the fresh transfers did not work. The last 2 cycles were frozen transfers with PGS. We used ICSI in all cycles because of my husband's low morphology. None of the cycles worked.
We did the "success guarantee" plan which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
He was happy to transfer more than one embryo from the start, but I was 35 at the time that I started treatment and had low ovarian reserve. We discussed the possibility of twins- my husband is a twin and so we were up for it.
William Hummel

2013 - 2014
Jen [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.

2013
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told [at San Diego Fertility Center]. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle...Since we were young, I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
2013
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The office is clean and professional. They were only open on certain days as the doctor worked in San Diego and Temecula, so if doing IVF here, you would need to sync your cycle to the clinic's availability.
The doctor did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns. After our cycles, we were called by a nurse with terrible bedside manner. She said " The test was negative. When do you want to start your next treatment?" There was not time for processing the situation or personal touch. We felt like we were being pushed down a conveyor belt.
The nurse was very blunt and focused on pushing us into the next cycle. She did not seem to take the emotional aspect of fertility treatment into account when communicating with us.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan has very nice shoes. That is what I remember as she always seemed to talk about her very high end shoe collection and we certainly felt like we were paying for those shoes with each expensive visit. The clinic would give us pricing estimates on tests and we would receive invoices for thousands more than we were told. We were frustrated by our experience since we were not taken seriously and decided to move on to another specialist after a few months of working with Dr Chuan.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle.
We ended up paying about $12,000 for initial fertility testing since our insurance covered $0. The clomid cycles ended up costing about $2500 each due to all the monitoring appt

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go ... MJ is amazing she replies promptly to emails and calls and is such a delight to interact with
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic . All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go
I first attended seminar with doctor Friedman and she very kindly awnsered all my questions with a good beside manner . Our interactions with her have been extremely pleasant
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the moment I met her she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
No advice . She is wonderfuo
I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . Had egg retrieval and had 14 eggs retrieved and 12 fertilized and now have 6 embryos for freezing
They were able to fit me on for monitoring based on my schedual
25k for gaurenteed sucess plan
She advised becuase of my age and chance of multiples 1 embryo was recommended for transfer because focous is to deliver healthy babies
SD - Carmel Valley

This is a beautiful clinic [SD Fertility Center] -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.... IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.
Dr Friedman is very caring and has excellent bedside manner. She listens well and makes you feel very comfortable.
MJ is Dr Friedman's nurse coordinator. If I have a question or concern for Dr. Friedman, I can call or email MJ and she'll get back to me fairly quickly.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I went to Dr Friedman for my first pregnancy (success after 2 IUIs) and now trying for a sibling. She is very kind, smart and knowledgeable. She can be blunt whereas I'd prefer a bit more optimism. She basically told me that IUIs wouldn't work for us first time around, but it did. I don't see her for IUIs but that doesn't bother me.
Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
All IUIs were with clomid, trigger shot and ultrasound monitoring. I have a lot of follicles so the concern is that I'll overstimulate with more than clomid. I got pregnant after 2 IUIs the first time around. No success yet after 3 IUIs for a sibling.
IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
SD - Carmel Valley

This clinic [SD Fertility Center] goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.... The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
SD - Mission Valley

Their weaknesses [San Diego Fertility Center] would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule...The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate...IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000...For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).
SD - Mission Valley

They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field ...The entire staff was amazing, infertility is already heartbreaking to deal with. They understand that at SDFC and show nothing but compassion ... Aww qualified for their success guarantee program. You basically spend $30K but it guarantees a live birth up to 72 hours or use of all of your embryos, if love birth is not achieved you are refunded a portion of the cost
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
My only complaint is that I didn’t find this facility sooner we spent 7 years ttc. This facility made our lifelong dream of becoming parents come true. They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field
From the moment we had our consultation to the day we got a positive pregnancy test, Dr. Daneshmand was nothing short of amazing, He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
He really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation
Have faith in him, he truly knows what he is doing
SHG stimming: Menopur/ Gonal-F Trigger: Lupron Birth control to prep my lining Progesterone in oil injections before transfer and until 12 weeks of gestation
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. D was not opposed to us transferring more than one, but he did recommend we only transfer one. To optimize our chances of implantation, and for the fact that multiples puts you at a higher risk
SD - Carmel Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.

Every staff member [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V] was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect...The most amazing staff that treated us like family on every visit. They were invested in our success through every step of the process..The best clinic in San Diego by far! Every step of the way was clearly defined, open lines of communication was readily available, and couldn't be happier...
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
She was amazing and made sure we were aware of everything during the process. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success. We are happy to say that after one round we are expecting a baby in February and can't thank Dr Friedman enough. It was sad to leave them after 10 weeks, but they will always be in our hearts.
She is amazing!
She is super knowledgeable and made every option very clear and understandable for a new patient. If anything occurred she would think of our best interest
Every staff member was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect
Total cost of $25,000

2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I remember unmedicated IUI's [at San Diego Fertility Center] were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k...Receptionist at the time (Frankie) was really great. Clinic was well organized and well run and appointments were pretty much always on time...There was one nurse or coordinator that I didn't like - I think her name was Chris but can't be sure. She was not very warm and did my first IUI, for which I was very nervous, and she had little compassion. The woman who always did the blood draws came in with me for that first IUI and was amazing - she was so positive and compassionate every single time I was there.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
Was always greeted by name by the receptionist and nurses and Dr. Rakoff made me feel like they really cared about me and the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra, Tammy)
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was happy with Dr. Rakoff. I felt like he was up front with me about everything but will willing to let me do the IUI's even when it was clear he felt I should go right to IVF. He explained things to me clearly and when I was nervous for my mock transfer he was great about calming me down and letting me relax without rushing it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center?
You have to have done your homework and know what you want. I knew I wanted to try IUI's first even though he felt I should just go to IVF.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three cycles without anything and then 3 with clomid before moving to injections. I know he changed it up when I didn't have a lot of follicles but can't recall what was changed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I remember unmedicated IUI's were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had 3 excellent quality embryos and he asked if I wanted to transfer all three given my age. I said absolutely not but I was ok with 2 since I would be fine with having twins but not fine with having triplets. I have twin boys so I am really glad we didn't transfer 3. But it was my decision and he did not pressure me one way or another. Again, you have to know yourself well and stick to what you believe.
Jeffrey Rakoff
SD - Carmel Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Rakoff at San Diego Fertility Center.

2017 - 2019
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle [at San Diego Fertility Center], not including medications...They're churning people through, so you really don't ever see the doctors. The nurses are just ok but they don't actually go through your file when you first become a patient, so make sure all your medical history is up to date. SDFC failed to have us update our immunization records and we didn't know until they were 4 years out of date.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nurses really root for you but the fact that they missed medications listed in my file is inexcusable. I felt like I was tossed around from nurse to nurse and they omitted details when they communicated with each other.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We encountered several issues with the clinic missing key medications in my protocol. In addition, we had 10 cycles where she did the exact same protocol expecting different results. It was so disappointing.
Better record keeping of medications in protocol, and not trying the same treatment 10 times when it wasn't working.
I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle, not including medications.

2 IVF, Surrogacy
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr] was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in....The entire process was amazing, I had no idea what was involved and the entire team was amazing. Answered any questions I had with prompt responses. I don’t have a bad thing to say about them.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in.
Danielle was amazing, she was so supportive and made me feel like no question was too dumb to ask. She went over everything in detail as I had asked. Being in the medical field I wanted to know everything. She even gave me her personal phone number if I had any questions after hours. She went above and beyond.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman from the start listened to all of my questions and answered them to the best of her ability. She made me feel like I was not alone. She explained everything to us and after the first failed cycle she adjusted everything in hope for a greater outcome.
Even though you have a plan, be open to change as it never goes as expected.
The entire cost for 2 rounds of ivf and 2 retrieval’s was $39,000 not including meds. Medication was another $9,000
We visited this subject and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient. ... The nursing staff is great and very good with communication. Sarah was my coordinator and she has been wonderful.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient.
Dr Friedman is very caring and wants the best for your family. On my first visit she told me she would do whatever it took to help us grow our family. She is a wonderful doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I have already referred several people to her. She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse.
Discuss all of your options and the realistic success chances for each one. They have a great donor program that might be an option.
Dr Friedman said she would transfer two embryos if we really wanted twins but prefers to transfer one at a time.
SD - Carmel Valley

The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is clean, professional and conveniently located. ... MJ was suppose to schedule an important SHG and she didn’t. Also I never heard from Dr. Friedman after the SHG ... Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments. ... It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, professional and conveniently located. Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments.
My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed.
Communicating with her nurse was always painful. She showed no compassion and was very confusing when it came to the next steps. It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion. It also felt like she was very quick to prescribe clomid even though I had no problem with egg production. It seems like they don’t care if you conceive multiples.
If you want to initiate all appointments, procedures and do most of the research on your own then this is a good place. Be careful of their numbers with multiples and follow hour intuition
She really didn’t recommend any strategy besides do 3 IUI treatments and then if that didn’t work we would meet again.
IUI is $700 a cycle
She was very fact and number focused and left the decision up to us if we do IVF.
SD - Carmel Valley

When I needed to be seen on weekends they [San Diego Fertility Center] accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back. ... They [nursing staff] were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles. ... This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. T
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great there. I don’t think they had any weaknesses in my opinion. When I needed to be seen on weekends they accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back.
This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. They explained everything to me and treated me kindly and with respect. If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them. I love this facility and even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles, I would still recommend this place to anyone.
They were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was very friendly and explained everything to me. She made me feel very comfortable. She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. I would recommend her to any one.
Be prepared for a no. Not every cycle will result in a pregnancy and it’s always tough when you get that phone call telling you that you aren’t pregnant. Stay strong

IUI, 2 IVF
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious. ... The nursing staff were wonderful. They were very efficient. Everytime I had an appointment I was in and out within 30 mins.
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious.
She explained everything clearly, where you understand what's going to happen. She also took our feelings and emotions into account.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is a wonderful and sweet doctor. She is very attentive and compassionate throughout the process. She always made me feel welcomed and comfortable everytime I saw her. After the first unsuccessful egg retrieval she asked if we wanted to try again. Knowing that we tied IUI in the past, she wanted to make sure that we emotionally and physically wanted to try the egg retrieval process again. During the follow up after the second unsuccessful egg retrieval, she presented us with other options. The process is not easy emotionally and physically. But her thoughtfulness makes the process a lot smoother.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
SD - Mission Valley

Everyone at SDFC has been great!... The clinic is clean and beautiful, the staff are friendly, and their communication is great. They have gotten me into appointments really quickly and respond to emails and phone calls right away. I have not had any issues with anyone at this clinic so far.... [Cost Of Treatment] I have only had two appointments - the appointment with Dr Kettel was a $50 copay, and my SHG was around $300.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Kettel took the time to review my case and clearly considered my specific situation when giving his recommendations.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I came to SDFC as a new patient after having my first IVF baby at another clinic across the country and then moving to San Diego. My former RE recommended Dr Kettel, and I have been pleased with him and SDFC so far. He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Have a list of questions ready to ask him.
We have not done a cycle yet, but he agreed to do whatever my former clinic wants, which is estrogen patches and crinone gel for a FET cycle.
We would only ever do eSET with our PGS tested embryos, so I did not have this discussion with Dr Kettel.
SD - Carmel Valley

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
[San Diego Fertility Center] Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic.... She [Dr. Park] likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.... $11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS... She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic. Dr Park was great, very honest and ethical and compassionate. Her team was very nice also and responsive via email.
Dr Park was always very nice, she would listen to my concerns. She came to a hospital to do a fibroid removal for me since the hospital was covered by insurance and the clinic was not. She gave me treatments I asked for that I had researched.
Mostly very nice. Could have better awareness of if someone is there for miscarriage follow up or chemical pregnancy etc so they can act accordingly.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was very nice and accommodating. She thought out of the box for me and listened to my concerns. I did my own research and brought it to her and she ordered tests or treatments I requested. The only drawback was she didn’t fully know about MTHFR or believe that it could play a big role, but I think that I helped her to learn more about it and she’s slightly adjusted since.
Be your own advocate- she will listen.
She likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.
$11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS
She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!

2013 - 2016
2 IVF, Surrogacy
I absolutely love this clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient....Every nurse or staff member at SD Fertility Center has been so kind and compassionate. Our experience there has been positive because of the people there. They all care.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely love this clinic. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient.
Dr. Chuan always made us feel that she cared about us and our situation. We have always trusted her because we know she cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our experience working with Dr. Chuan has always been very positive. I always tell anyone going through what we are what an amazing Doctor she is and how much she cares for us. I'm so thankful she has been our doctor through this whole experience.
Dr. Chuan is an amazing Doctor and to trust her professional guidance and decisions. She always has your best interest in mind.
I don't remember all the meds but I do know it was important to take everything as directed so I did.
Very easy to schedule and attend. No wait time at all.
The costs were well communicated to us and that part was absolutely fine.
Temecula

The clinic [SD Fert Center] is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey...Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate....It was approximately $800 per cycle for the medication and the IUI. That does not include the price of donor sperm.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey.
Dr. Park was so warm and would explain these intimate and highly scientific procedures in an understandable way. She gave me realistic confidence about our prospects and the course of action that needed to be employed.
Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is so knowledgeable, but she made sure to make sure I was not overwhelmed with information. Dr. Park had a great demeanor that makes a very stressful situation seem routine. Dr. Park was empathetic when necessary, but always remained professional and positive.
Stay the course and never hold back with a questions - she will answer them all.
Initially, Dr. Park waived my HSG test; however, after the first unsuccessful attempt at IUI, she made me take a month off and get the HSG Test so as to insure there was no glaring issues. Further, I was given cholmid and it did not help to produce multiple follicles. On my second IUI, my cholmid dose was doubled, but it did not produce a second follicle. However, I was able to conceive a singleton through to birth.

2006 - 2011
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Sperm
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed...Very pleasant, organized with appointments, accessible when needed, very caring and treated patients with great confidentiality. I felt the staff genuinely cared about me and my future children and were great cheerleaders. I felt like they were family.
2006 - 2011
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Doctor cared about me and my future children. Goal was to get pregnant and as as patient, I was willing to do whatever it took to get there. Doctor was very transparent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Tammy was my saving grace. She brought the reality into the picture and was very compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor is pioneer, experienced with excellent results. Doctor has a great team of staff to assist every step of the way, who are excellent caregivers. SD Fertility Center is the only place I would go, they know me and the best care to achieve results.
Dr. Michael Kettel has great outcomes.
Dr. Kettel started with not as intensive treatments but adjusted protocol as needed based on results and age.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed.
Dr. Kettel discussed strategies when it came time to decide on multiple embryos. Very open and honest.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Monitoring appointments [San Diego Fertility Center] are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work. ... The downside of this clinic is that they are SO busy. That’s also the upside though, you know they’re good at what they do and that’s why they’re busy. The girls at the front desk are so lovely and the nurses are great. You can’t really go wrong here. ... I have an allergy to one of the medications and one of the nurses forgot when calling in a prescription. It wasn’t a big deal and was easily rectified.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
She has a lovely bedside manner and we felt like she really listened to us and our concerns.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I’ve already recommended her to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us.
You’re in great hands!
We have done so many cycles - I can’t recall the specifics anymore.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work.

2009 - 2018
8 IUI, 10 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Everyone from the front desk, surgery center andin between has been beyond amazing. I have gotten to know all of them on personal levels and they genuinely care. They truly make this difficult journey a little easier with their compassion ... I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan ... My And Cindy [nurses] were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
2009 - 2018
8 IUI, 10 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Very caring and positive
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: My Tran and Cindy C)
My And Cindy were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr D I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way
Have confidence in him
I have very low AMH. All my cycles involved injections with clomid. Every cycle I had 100% fertilization rate and 80% made it to transfer
I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan
SD - Carmel Valley

SDFC is super efficient. They get you in and out for appointments quickly so you do not have to miss much work. They worked with our insurance too. They are organized and professional - I never felt like I had to call to ask paperwork related questions or to advocate for myself - they totally had me covered...Megan was amazing - answered emails in off hours and truly showed compassion at every appointment. I felt so taken care of by the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate. She's the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful.
See her!
She would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!... Great follow up and follow through. They [SD Fertility Ctr] have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Clinic staff [San Diego Fertility] was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.... [Nurse] Annette was wonderful .... We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us,
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too
In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
SD - Carmel Valley
Beautiful offices and in great locations [San Diego Fertility Center]. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking..... The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well.... Wasn't called to let us know we were using my husband's fresh sperm and not his frozen sperm.... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful offices and in great locations. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking.
No follow up after any of the treatments to see how I was doing or if it resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman)
Very monotone and not very personable. She was available though when I had questions.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions. The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well. I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results.
She is amazing but ask her nurses for clarification when needed.
$700 per cycle after initial testing was completed.
Not applicable. We haven't gotten to that point yet.
Temecula
The staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things....Jenn is always available, friendly and always makes me feel comfortable in some not so comfortable situations.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great staff! Awesome office! Fabulous doctor!
The staff is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is very caring and has always had our best interest in mind. She always explains what's going on and why. She leaves the decisions up to us but always gives us her honest feedback and advice. I trust her completely with our care.
Trust the process and the doctor!
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She highly reccommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
Temecula

I was impressed that they [the nurses] were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
They remember me. Dr Park seems genuinely enthusiastic to have us there.
I was impressed that they were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She's very personable while professional. I do wish she'd be more willing to get into the details with me and more willing to use proper medical terminology, diagnoses etc. I believe her bedside manner is so warm and sweet that she "dumbs down " the info a bit.
Ask questions if you like the details. But she is very warm and kind and will make you feel comfortable.
Femara cd 3-8. Ultrasound cd 10. Follow up ultrasound , ovidrel trigger shot, IUI 36 hours later. Any of this may or may not be performed by Dr Park.
$700 IUI cycle $150 ish for meds cash