Genetic counseling: Offered
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
While we didn’t see Dr. Friedman at every visit, I did feel that if I needed to talk to her she was easy to get in contact with. Ultimately after one unsuccessful IUI and one round of IVF we were able to have our wonderful daughter because of Dr. Friedman...We started out with an IUI because we suspected we were only dealing with male factor infertility (poor morphology, high DNA fragmentation). We also weren’t super comfortable immediately jumping into an IVF cycle, so Dr. Friedman felt an IUI or two was an appropriate first step. After 1 unsuccessful IUI (we used clomid I don’t remember if we used a trigger or not) we decided we were ready to pursue IVF. We did one round of IVF with ICSI. We also did TESE in hopes of getting around the high dna fragmentation issue. Because we had also had two naturally conceived miscarriages we opted to do PGS testing as well. From our IVF cycle we got 7 day 5-6 embryos and 2 were PGS normal. We transferred one in an FET cycle and delivered a healthy baby girl.
I was not assigned a specific nurse [at SDFC], though you get to know everyone pretty well when you’re in for monitoring nearly every day during an IVF cycle. If you find a favorite nurse, you can request to see them at each appointment. Everyone explained what was going on at each appointment and seemed to be on the same page based on my chart...We paid a flat fee for the IVF cycle and one FET cycle. The finance department was very clear and itemized what the associated costs were. Our IUI cycle was paid for by insurance. All monitoring was paid for by insurance. Medication cost was not included in the pricing for the IVF cycle.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Working with Dr. Friedman was great. I felt she listened to our concerns and responded appropriately. She was willing to hear our preferences and give her honest feedback as to what she thought would work best for us. We had a couple of set backs in our time At SDFC (failed IUI, cancelled FET cycle) and it was easy to make follow up appointments with Dr. Friedman to talk about next steps. While we didn’t see Dr. Friedman at every visit, I did feel that if I needed to talk to her she was easy to get in contact with. Ultimately after one unsuccessful IUI and one round of IVF we were able to have our wonderful daughter because of Dr. Friedman.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Advocate for yourself!!! SDFC is a large clinic. Dr. Friedman was always available when I needed to see her, but I also felt it was on me to follow up after each procedure to set up next steps. Do your research, ask questions and reach out when you need answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
In working with Dr. Friedman I felt like she took in all of the information available and tailored a plan for my husband and me to have the greatest chance of success. Throughout our treatment at SDFC I felt both Dr. Friedman and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming. From the finance team to the front desk staff to the nurses and PAs, everyone was incredibly helpful and treated us kindly.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
MJ was my patient coordinator. She was great at getting back in touch with me via email or phone within the same business day. If she was out of the office (this happened a couple of times) another one of the patient coordinators would respond in her place. The nursing staff were all wonderful. I was not assigned a specific nurse, though you get to know everyone pretty well when you’re in for monitoring nearly every day during an IVF cycle. If you find a favorite nurse, you can request to see them at each appointment. Everyone explained what was going on at each appointment and seemed to be on the same page based on my chart.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially getting an appointment at SDFC was difficult, and I’m still not totally sure why. It took calling 3-4 times to get an appointment set up. Once I was in though getting appointments was easy. SDFC is a large clinic which is both a strength and weakness. They see a lot of patients and have a lot of experience and multiple well regarded physicians, which I see as a strength. However because they see so many patients much of the actual day to day during a cycle is managed by the nursing staff. I was fine with this, but could see how some patients might see this as a weakness. If you want to not “feel like a number” you have to advocate for yourself and directly ask for what you need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Friedman strongly suggested eSET which we agreed with. I was 30 at the time of embryo transfer and Dr. Friedman felt that transferring two embryos (PGS normal) would have an incredibly high chance of twins which would be harder on everyone. We completely agreed with her recommendation.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.

2020
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [with Dr. Susanna Park]...was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Sara York [nurse] was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues...The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
2020
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sr. Susanna Park was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be completely confident that you will receive excellent, compassionate and courteous care in all respects!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I had an extremely outstanding experience with San Diego Fertility Clinic in all respects!!! I am a single man who is going to have a baby with a gestational surrogate. The entire process proceeded very quick;y and expeditiously from the.start. The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: SaraSara)
Sara York was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
Very roughly recall $20,000 to $30,000 for everything including additional transfers if needed
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We discussed the pros and cons of each and decided on single embryo transfer as the safest approach.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Susanna Park] was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Excellent team [of nurses]! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication...Clinic is clean, respectful, kind, compassionate and competent. We felt well taken care of the entire journey! Everyone was top notch and you leave feeling well supported. I can see why people travel from all over the world to work with Dr. Park and her team. We flew in from NC and despite our long distance, everyone was fantastic at coordinating all the little and big details.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was a stand out - not just in fertility treatment experiences, but in relation to ALL medical and healthcare treatment settings. She was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
Show up with an easy mind, open heart and your important questions.
Dr. Park carefully explained everything in a patient, easy to understand manner and appeared genuinely glad to explain things in great detail as requested. She provided great follow up and was very accessible. She ensured we felt comfortable with our team and was with us 100% of the journey along the way. We felt so lucky to be paired with her. Getting to this point was filled with so much pain and anguish and finding her and SDFC was a relief and great joy for our family. What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elina Kjetselberg)
Excellent team! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park following the standards of the ORM recommended a single Embryo transfer based on our circumstances.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations....I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment.... I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations. My issues with her may just be how her office is run, but other than the consults and actual surgical procedures, I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment. Her MA is quite cold, and I've found myself holding back from reaching out as to not have any further interaction. I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE. As meds were adjusted, I was only contacted by the staff I did not know and nothing was explained. I was also struck when all embryo updates were an informal email from a lab department, again I never heard from my actual doctor.
Go in understanding this is a very hands-off clinic. They see a high volume of patients and don't have the time to give any "personal touch". As this was my first experience with fertility treatments, it took a lot of research on my own to understand what was going on.
Through my 2 IUIs and 1 round of IVF at SDFC its only become more apparent that patients are treated as a number rather than an individual case. The best example of this is the fact that you see a different staff member, never a doctor, during each monitoring appointment. The staff always asks to get "caught up" on your meds/cycle, and I can say that if any of them saw me outside of the office they would not recognize me as a patient, let alone even remember my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
While you are assigned a care coordinator under a RE at SDFC, my experience was that you only see them during the intake of appointments with the doctor- aka consultations. All other appointments and services are with a mix of other staff members on a rotating basis. The coordinator is available via email if you have questions outside the appointment, but I found it felt like I was bothering her if I did reach out.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC feels like a fertility mill. They see a large quantity of patients, and its evident that individual care is not high on their priority list. While the first consultation is often comped, and you get a great full hour consultation, my experience was after you sign on as a patient, you never really see the doctors again but rather have your case managed by a myriad of staff who don't get to know your case. Now that I have completed my retrieval and have embryos "on ice", I feel a bit stuck in the mill. I expected having such expensive, self-pay medicine would come with more access to physicians, and care designed for our specific circumstances.
Each IUI was about $850 with the trigger shot IVF is about $14,000 before medications FET is about $5,000
Dr. Friedman has a very strong preference for eSet

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Park is helpful with explaining your diagnosis and proposed treatment and will sit and answer questions until you are comfortable with next steps. She is honest with her opinions, but when moving forward with treatment she takes patient input seriously and works with you....Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience.... A full IVF cycle is $13,500. They do offer embryo banking package, two retrievals and one transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
There is so much that goes into IVF so be prepared with questions when you see her. Ultrasounds/bloodwork while doing a retrieval are not permitted by Dr. Park, so your appointments with her need to be used wisely.
Dr. Park was supportive, but realistic, with treatment and expected outcomes. She referenced real cases and she worked through options with us vs. simply prescribing a standard protocol and sending us on our way.
Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger. We’ve done two rounds. 1st- 4 follicles, 3 mature eggs, 3 fertilized (ICSI), 2 embryos. 2nd- 6 follicles, 6 mature eggs, 6 fertilized (ICSI), 4 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Rinteria)
Janette was quick to respond to calls or emails and ensured we, as well as Dr. Park, were on the same page.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience. I think if you do your due diligence and connect with your doctor, you will feel supported and connected throughout the entire process.
She is pro eSET. Will explain pros/cons, but is open to discussing.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Kettle is great. We were an unexpected challenging case and I don’t think he was prepared for our results. Therefore we did not see our poor response to treatment as an option. He got more honest and realistic with us as we progressed. ... he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. ... I see Megan and Danielle. Both are amazing and caring. They have helped me through the worst days of my life. I’m so grateful for their care.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Know that you will develop a better relationship with nurses since they do the primary day to day care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I didn’t see Dr Kettle at all my appts but I would see the nurses in the Mission Valley office and they are so lovely, kind and caring.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For our 2 IUIs we did clomid. For our first 2 Egg retrieval’s we did an antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal and cetritide. Round 2 he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. Because I see them so often I sometimes forget about Dr Kettle. I know he’s working behind the scenes but sometimes it’s odd to go long times without checking in. On the other hand I feel so comfortable with the nurses it makes it tolerable. If seeing a doctor at every appt is important to you, this clinic wouldn’t be right for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each egg retrieval was around $13,000 not including medications. We have done 2 and are starting a 3rd
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have one PGS tested normal so it isn’t really an option but if we get a second he would allow 2.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.

IUI, 1 IVF
Because of my chronic condition endometriosis, Dr. Friedman has had very specific protocols for our treatment. She has gone the extra mile to take precautions that will greatly increase our chances of success during our embryo transfer. Specifically, she has recommended extra cycles of hormone therapy to suppress my endometriosis; allowing my body to have the best chance at accepting the embryo during transfer.
It [San Diego Fertility Center] is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way. ... Mj [nurse] is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is the warmest and kindest person I have ever received care from. From the moment we met, I felt heard and understood. She has provided my husband and I with honest advice and realistic expectations. With her we feel so safe going through our IVF cycle. There hasn’t been one person who hasn’t raved about her to us and we feel so fortunate to have found San Diego Fertility Center. Thank you for being so wonderful!
I would advise any prospective patients to trust Dr. Friedman with their journey. She is the best at what she does and her level of care is unmatched.
From the moment we met Dr. Friedman she welcomed us with open arms. She took the time to learn about our story and medical history before our first consultation and every appointment sense she has come prepared and ready. My specific needs are met time and time again. Her ability to connect on a genuine and individual basis is why we continue to feel human with her instead of just another patient.
Mj is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I haven’t found one negative about our center. It is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way.
Our first IVF cycle has cost upwards of $20,000 so far, with medication and appointments.
Dr. Friedman highly recommends transferring only one embryo. Her reasoning stems from the complications that may occur with pregnancies that include multiples. She has also taken into consideration my age and future pregnancies while giving this advice.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

My only complaint would be that I wish I got to interact with Dr Friedman more. The times I was able to she was understanding, compassionate but also realistic. My favorite interaction with Dr Friedman was our first FET. She seemed so genuinely excited for us and did a great job talking us through all of the steps. ... Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples.
Majority of the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. ... My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. ... The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Just know that you won't interact with her as much as you would assume
We first tried 2 clomid IUIs then switched to a another medicine for the 3rd IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For my IVF egg retrieval, I did Gonal F and Menopur with Cetrotide. This results in 21 eggs retrieved and 9 frozen embryos. For my FET, I did estrogen and PIO. Transfer was successful but miscarried at 8w+2d.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela Mckee)
My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. It was clear she didnt look at my chart before responding to questions (ex. when I was having issues before my FET and emailed her about them, she responded with something about clomid which I had not been on in months). The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Majority of the clinic staff are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. I had a front desk girl start to say how she and her husband werent desperate enough yet to start treatments and then immediately caught herself. Days after my miscarriage (right before Christmas) I had staff asking me if I had any fun plans for the holiday. It wasnt mean-spirited but I do feel that in these situations knowing things like that could impact those suffering through a loss should be part of their standard care training. My only other specific complaint was the day we had our ultrasound and found out the baby didnt have a heartbeat anymore. Our nurse that day said it so matter-of-fact and left the room to get the doctor. As they escorted us to the doctors office I saw our nurse setting up for a staff party or something in the break room. Again, this wasnt mean-spirited but I feel like extra caution needs to be taken in these clinics to avoid their patients feeling like numbers. To me, in that extremely emotional moment, seeing the person that had just told me I lost a baby setting up for a party really bothered me. Something as easy as shutting the door to the break room could have avoided that feeling for me, but again, I know there was no bad intent from the staff. I would assume most of the staff have not been through fertility treatments so some of these things that, anywhere else, would never be an issue are felt differently based on what we are going through. Besides these couple instances, we have loved our clinic and the staff.
Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples. She was open to the conversation of transferring 2 for future transfers.

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Friedman always spoke to me respectfully and professionally, empathizing with my situation while also being honest about the pros and cons of the different treatment options for my situation. ... Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. ... She never pressured me. ... First embryo transfer cycle was cancelled as my uterine lining was not optimal thickness. She prescribed medications to help thicken my lining for the next cycle which worked.
The clinic's [San Diego Fertility Center] strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. ... I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. ... I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance.
European, East Asian
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. She made me feel comfortable and presented all my treatment options with the pros and cons so I always felt like I was making a fully informed decision. She never pressured me.
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Be open and honest about your expectations and take your time to weigh the pros and cons.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela McKee)
All of the nursing staff was great. They made me feel at ease and were always willing to take the time to answer my questions or address any concerns. I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance. I think I saved at least 50% on my medications following this advice.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic's strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. This only happened on a few occasions but it would have been nice to be called if they are running behind so that I didn't leave work just to sit in the waiting room for 30-40 minutes.
I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. This was given as the best option to control costs as I would not have to pay anything more. They would refund any amounts that my insurance covered. My insurance only covered the visits at the office and not the embryology lab or surgery center so I only got refunded about $775.
We made it clear from the beginning that we only wanted one embryo transferred as we only wanted one child and did not want to take the risk of multiples. She fully supported our decision.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Park has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever met. She is so energetic, positive, and happy and she brings that into each appointment with her. Her energy always made us feel positive. After our first transfer failed, and we had our consultation she was truly in pain with us. She is compassionate and it shows...For my first transfer: I used birth control and estrace. After that failed, I did a natural cycle before the second transfer and I had twins. I was very resonsive to the medications and I had a thick lining both times. However, I did do a scratch biopsy prior to our second transfer. And we mimicked that for our transfer.
she [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was always very good at returning my emails promptly...Approximately $27, 000 for two embryo transfers, one egg retrieval, PGS testing, and endometrial scratch biopsy...Very nice office. Top quality staff. Clinic strengths: they have the best techniques and use up to date procedures. Weaknesses: I honestly have no complaints. This clinic is top of the line... For my first transfer: I used birth control and estrace. After that failed, I did a natural cycle before the second transfer and I had twins. I was very resonsive to the medications and I had a thick lining both times. However, I did do a scratch biopsy prior to our second transfer. And we mimicked that for our transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Trust her even when things don't go as planned.
Dr. Park has a great bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I felt like she liked us and she was excited for our treatments. I saw a few other NP's while under their care and on of their bedside manner was terrible in comparison...with her I truly felt like a number and just another body she has to do a vaginal exam on. Dr. Park is truly heaven sent and we are privileged that she was our fertility Doctor because we now have our twins.
For the egg retrieval I used: gonal F 450 IU, Leuprolide, dilute hCG, ovidrel. For my first transfer: I used birth control and estrace. After that failed, I did a natural cycle before the second transfer and I had twins. I was very resonsive to the medications and I had a thick lining both times. However, I did do a scratch biopsy prior to our second transfer. And we mimicked that for our transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember her name)
I worked with Janet as the MA and she was always very good at returning my emails promptly. My primary nurse was also very responsive.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very nice office. Top quality staff. Clinic strengths: they have the best techniques and use up to date procedures. Weaknesses: I honestly have no complaints. This clinic is top of the line and I can't submit this response unless it is 200 characters so I am typing more to make that requirement.
She did not have any strong preference from single vs multiple. She did educate on the risks of multiples but she was not concerned. We transferred two embryos with each transfer

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Chuan acted as a compassionate listener. She effectively listed to my wife's needs, requests, fears, etc and responded with great empathy and willingness to support her in any way to maximize comfort while optimizing our fertility strategy...She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request.
[The nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center was] Always warm, welcoming, and with a smile to do their best to bring comfort and ease to otherwise anxious moments...Their billing team worked diligently with my insurance plan, which was not an easy task. They showed perseverance to work with my plan to establish a pricing plan which we could adhere to...The receptionists were not only helpful, but such wonderfully compassionate people. On time. We actually looked forward to our visits. The staff made the process very easy for us, as all services needed were all under one roof. Beautiful setting. Good coffee.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Extraordinarily compassionate, and eager to listen to our unique circumstances and fertility strategy. She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request. Initiating these services, I expected our Dr to act in a one-dimensional role as a service provider. Our expectations were vastly exceeded as we not only found an excellent provider in Dr. Chuan, but also found an engaging partner and thoughtful teammate through the entire process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Start here.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We agreed that as we had a good number of embryo candidates to select from, and we only wanted 1 birth, that we would perform one transfer at a time. Coupled with relative motherly youth, we found success only after a couple attempts.
Sandy Chuan
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she [Dr. Friedman] was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. ... She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator. ... I needed to get the Fallopian tube blockage test, go on bc to start a period, take lupromen, get ultrasounds, ovidrel shot and then timed intercourse.
The front desk people [San Diego Fertility Center] could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly. ... MJ [nurse]was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
European, Latino, Native American
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was honestly a dream. I was so nervous fertility clinics just wanted to take my money, but she said she could have me pregnant in 4 months, and it was almost to the day that she said that we had our 4 week ultra sound with her... the front desk asked if we minded if our appt would be pushed back a bit because dr Friedman really wanted to do the ultrasound. So sweet.
Don’t hold back, tell her everything. She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator.
We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. Her nurse, MJ, gave us her cell phone number in case we needed to ask questions when they were closed. Unreal!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes! MJ was so amazing )
MJ was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
There was assigned parking spots for the clinic and jolly ranchers which was a plus. The front desk people could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly.
I got a referral for the fallopian blockage test, I don’t remember the price. But the sperm sample was $125. And then we spend $400 for the ultrasounds before the ovidrel shot.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I honestly can’t say anything about him. ... He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications. ... I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. ... I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there.
I felt like I was tossed around and no one [San Diego Fertility Center] had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. ... I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. ... The staff, especially the donor coordinator, were amazing. The donor coordinator is the reason we initially became patients at the clinic and she continued to be excellent to work with throughout our time there. We had a pretty big issue come up regarding our donor, and she personally called us and worked with us to make sure we were okay with the outcome of future cycles.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I honestly can’t say anything about him. I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. Another doctor, who was perfectly lovely, did the procedure.
Be prepared to stay on top of your own case. He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications.
I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there. I had to ask the same question multiple times before getting an answer.
I used donor eggs, so this question doesn’t really apply to me. I was not given information on how they adjusted and chose the protocol given to my donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hillary)
She honestly did not seem very smart. However, I met and dealt with other nurses at the clinic who were fantastic. I think I just got placed with someone who was extremely frustrating to deal with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The total cost was approximately $40,000 for one donor egg cycle. That included a $8,000 compensation fee for the donor. The rest was for her medications and egg retrieval, as well as my medications and transfer.
He left the decision up to us, but it wasn’t ever really a discussion because we were using donor eggs and knew we did not want to risk the possibility of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had to say on top of our nurse to give me information that I needed. I felt like I was tossed around and no one had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. It may have been because we were using a donor and they wanted to ensure the donor’s privacy, but I felt like I was the one paying the money and they weren’t real concerned with my happiness.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Friedman seems to be knowledgable and caring. However, often times we didn't feel as though she wanted to dive into the 'why' of a situation or explain treatment or options thoroughly, and we felt as though we annoying when we asked any questions. It could have just been a bad fit, but we felt a lot like we couldn't ask questions without feeling judged.... because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time.
The physical office space [San Diego Fertility Ctr] is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is very busy. She travels quite a bit. She definitely has a sweet nature, but also one that doesn't seem to have patience for too many questions. It can be tough to talk with her.
As a whole, Dr. Friedman is very nice. However, that nice-ness comes off quite unauthentic. She is pretty quick in all meetings, calls, procedures - so while very nice, sweet bedside manner, due to the unauthenticity of that nice manner, and the quickness to get to the next thing, you often feel like just a number.
IUIs were all the same with use of letrozole, due to my production of follicles. The were all BFN, and it was the same protocol every time. For the IVF, it was stimulatin with gonal f, menopur, clomid, cetritide, and a lupron trigger. the FETs were estridial, progesterone, 3 days of antibiotics, 3 days of prednisone, baby aspirin, and the first one had lupron mini dose and letrozole.
The medical assistant that was in charge of coordinating our care continually would forget who we were (kept asking for name and date of birth via email after a year's worth of care), would mix up protocols, results, and forget to submit certain forms. Also, would give misinformation on the costs of certain things. While she was nice to your face, it also felt forced, and the misinformation almost messed up our cycles. However, the rest of the nursing staff was nice and well informed, and generally helpful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The physical office space is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
IUIs cost around $1500; IVF was around $13K + Medication for cash pay, subsequent FET was $4K + meds
because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time. she said there wasn't much chance of helping increaseing the number of embryos, but it did increase the chance of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
When a new medicine was prescribed or changes made to a protocol, such as adding clomid to the stimulation for IVF, the negatives and side effects were not discussed, as well as how it could push out the timeline of the overall process. Additionally, bloodwork was done, and determined that I needed some extra medicine. No one called me to discuss the medication or what my tests showed - they simply handed me a prescription to be filled.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Park is very reassuring. She's also pretty straight forward which we appreciate. I always leave the office feeling like we have a plan or a next step. I needed a surgery and she went to much trouble to get it scheduled for us.... We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff [San Diego Fertility Center] and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Take notes! Don't feel bad about asking for further information or more direction if you are having trouble making a decision about your treatment.
Dr. Park is helpful, informative and has always been very positive with us. We definitely went into our first consultation very nervous and came out feeling reassured that we will end up with a happy healthy baby.
We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort. We moved onto blood tests and a SA - all came back good, slightly low-normal morph for my husband. An HSG and MRI was scheduled to confirm the septum. I was then scheduled for a HSC to resect the septum, and an SIS post surgery. Within 1 month of the surgery, we were able to start our first medicated IUI cycle. She is pretty understanding of our needs and wants - she can appreciate that we are older (35 and 38) and are very ready for a healthy pregnancy so she recommended we start with the IUI cycles, even though with my now "normal" uterus we could just continue trying naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria / Hanna Mulloy)
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they respond to all the emails I send asking questions without it seeming like I am bugging them!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had some issues scheduling a hsyteroscopy - mainly I had questions about the cycle day the surgery was going to fall on - and was relying on the scheduler to confirm details with the doctor. I was informed all was well, but on the day of the surgery, my doctor had not been informed of my concerns. Thankfully, all turned out well.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
SD Fertility is a well-oiled machine. They have a beautiful facility and many of the MAs and nurses have been there for a long time. I have always had a good experience with communication and visits. The front office staff, MAs, and ultrasound nurses are great.... She [Dr. Friedman] calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.... Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner and is positive and encouraging without being overly optimistic. She will spend the time to answer all of your questions without making you feel like a number at the clinic and always remembered things about our past treatment even when significant time had passed. She is open to altering plans and treatments if things don't work the first time. She always responds to emails and calls with important news, whether it is good or bad. I appreciate this especially considering many clinics have the nurses call with results.
Generally, I would do your research but trust her knowledge. After going through a couple years of IVF, I know a lot more now than I did when I first started. Be informed with any protocol and treatments that any doctor gives you so you know what questions to ask, but remember that they have had years of training and trust that they are doing what is in your best interest.
Dr. Friedman took the time to explain aspects of treatments with us, answered our questions without making us feel as though we shouldn't ask them, and always weighed pros and cons with us. She was quick to answer emails and when we had questions that were too long to be answered via email, was always willing to set up a phone appointment with us. She calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.
The first retrieval round was standard with 250 gonal f, 75 menopur, and centrotide with an HCG co-trigger, second round we changed the protocol due to egg quality and decreased the gonal f and added HGH for part of the cycle with a lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Dr. Friedman strongly prefers ESET for PGS tested embryos. She is open to transferring more, but prefers ESET. I don't know what she would recommend for non-PGS tested embryos.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Friedman is the best. She is committed to helping patients build their families, she is open to new suggestions and ideas if you have them from your own research. She is extremely supportive and knowledgeable and we felt confident in her ability to advise us.... Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time.
This clinic is wonderful. I went through multiple rounds of IVF with my own eggs and now am moving to a donor- when I first moved to a donor I researched all of the clinics in the Us that had an in house donor program and SDFC is by far the best. This is a clean, friendly, high end clinic that treats you like an individual and a priority. I recommend this clinic to people whenever possible.... Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I feel like this is a repetitive question as I just wrote an answer to this question about Dr Friedman. Dr Friedman has been very supportive through all of my fertility treatments. I was her patient for IVF only and she always made my husband and myself very comfortable in her knowledge of what we were going through. One of the first things she told us was that she was there to help us build our family and that really put our minds at ease. Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time. I would trust Dr Friedman with my life and recommend to anyone looking for an amazing fertility doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask all of your questions even ones that seem crazy or far out there! Dr Friedman was really patient answering questions about many different protocols I had read about and it made me feel confident in the protocol we ended up going with because I understood and wasn’t second guessing myself.
My first cycle started with BCP and went on to add Menopur, Gonal F and then Cetrotide. I had 7 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. One highly graded blast and it was abnormal. For my second cycle we intended to prep with Estrace but I ended up with large ovarian cysts. My second cycle also resulted in one abnormal embryo but less eggs. For this one I wish we had waited longer to make sure the cysts were not affecting the cycle at all.
Nursing staff was wondering. Always friendly and encouraging and professional.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
My doctor will allow me to transfer 2 embryos if we want twins but we need to sign off that we understand the risks. Given her advice I think k we will only transfer one however for prospective parents that want twins. Dr Friedman will allow 2.

2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer), Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Cancer, Other
She [Dr. Susanna Park] listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance...a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Very modern and friendly clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see...She [nurse] was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so...Although it is one of the higher priced clinics, we felt we had value for money. We also were gifted some of our medication by the clinic which brought the costs down
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer), Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Cancer, Other
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna is a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Be open and honest with her. Let her know your worries and concerns, ask her to explain anything you don't understand as she will always give you a listening ear and take on board anything you suggest. She also will always break things down to a level that you can understand.
She listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance.
in addition to the hormones, she added phospholipids, Endometrial scratch and implantation HCG. This got us pregnant first attempt with her
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
She was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very modern and friendly clinic. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see. I cannot fault it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
As we lived far away we had our USS done local to us
She will discuss your options, the pros and cons and give you her preferred option to decide. She will leave you to make an informed choice.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

He [Dr. Daneshmand] really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation ... He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field ...The entire staff was amazing, infertility is already heartbreaking to deal with. They understand that at SDFC and show nothing but compassion ... Aww qualified for their success guarantee program. You basically spend $30K but it guarantees a live birth up to 72 hours or use of all of your embryos, if love birth is not achieved you are refunded a portion of the cost
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
He really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have faith in him, he truly knows what he is doing
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the moment we had our consultation to the day we got a positive pregnancy test, Dr. Daneshmand was nothing short of amazing, He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
SHG stimming: Menopur/ Gonal-F Trigger: Lupron Birth control to prep my lining Progesterone in oil injections before transfer and until 12 weeks of gestation
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
My only complaint is that I didn’t find this facility sooner we spent 7 years ttc. This facility made our lifelong dream of becoming parents come true. They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. D was not opposed to us transferring more than one, but he did recommend we only transfer one. To optimize our chances of implantation, and for the fact that multiples puts you at a higher risk
Said Daneshmand
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her...Being able to email her directly with questions was amazing. She not only answered everything I would ask (and I had a lot of questions), she responds in the same day which is HUGE when you are going through fertility treatment...Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her.
As a clinic everyone there [at San Diego Fertility Clinic] is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with...The IUI cycles were around $700 per cycle. The IVF cycle if you do single cycle is around $13,500 and we chose to do success guarantee which was $22,465...On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her. We had full faith in every decision or opinion she gave and could feel that she genuinely cared about us. She is also extremely warm and compassionate and is also very calming and reassuring. I wish that Dr. Friedman could be my doctor for everything, she is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her. She quickly responded to any questions I had as well as would call me to wish me luck on everything.
When we came to Dr. Friedman I had already tried 8 IUI's without a single one resulting in a pregnancy. I have PCOS, am a lesbian, and was using frozen donor sperm. I also had tried everything from fertility meds (clomid and letrozole) to injectables (follistim and hcg trigger shots) and progesterone suppositories. I had had some positive physical changes (ie: lost weight, less stress, more stable cycle) and wanted to try IUI at least once or twice before making the big plunge to IVF. Dr. Friedman was in full support of this, she believed there was the possibility that IUI could work and understood my reason for wanting to try. After the 2nd try when it did not work I appreciated that she was honest in telling me her opinion on why she thought the IUI's weren't working and why IVF would have a much better chance and she was supportive of either decision we made. We ended up deciding to go with IVF retrieval and FET instead of trying a 3rd IUI with her (would have been my 11th IUI total). She confidently believed we would get pregnant on our first FET. We had a minor road bump right before the transfer (I ended up having uterine polyps and had to have them surgically removed) but then everything went smoothly with our embryo transfer (we transferred 1 by choice) and I am happy to say we are currently almost 10 weeks pregnant after our first try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Some of them are fantastic, a couple of them weren't as warm in their bedside manner but then again that could be because we were spoiled by how lovely Dr. Friedman is. Some of them were a little disorganized and lost some of my forms but I made copies for myself so it wasn't a big deal to me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
As a clinic everyone there is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with. For example, you speak to coordinator to arrange your meds, 1 coordinator to arrange your insurance, 1 coordinator to arrange your financials and billing, 1 coordinator to train you on your meds, 1 coordinator to set up your calendar, and then the medical assistant to the actual doctor. There were times this was frustrating for me and I wished that I could just contact 1 person to take care of all of that and arrange with all those coordinators themselves. I'm not sure if this is usually how all clinics work or not. On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
We were very adamant about not wanting to multiples, obviously if we somehow ended up with multiples we would not complain but we preferred to have a singleton. Other doctors I have seen push to transfer more than 1 embryo to increase your chances and Dr. Friedman was in complete and total support of us transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We are so grateful that her vision and ours were completely on the same page.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
One of the nurses lost a set of my documents but I had copies for myself so it ended up not being a big deal.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

We did low dose clomid IUI cycles (x3) [wtih Dr. Friedman] . I produced 2-6 follicles each cycle, but none resulted in pregnancy. My husbands sperm count was a tad low on the second and third IUI rounds... has wonderful bedside manner and is extremely warm and kind...She did get a little flustered during my first iui as she was having difficulty getting the catheter in (I have a retroverted uterus so it could have been difficult). I did see a different provider almost every visit which was a little frustrating.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Very nice, new facility. I liked that they had a wide range of appointment times, including early slots for monitoring. They were one of the only places that took my insurance for iuis. Since it is such a large clinic and there are so many different providers (including PAs and NPs) you can start to feel like a number a little bit (lost in the shuffle). They had a success guarantee program I was looking into back in 2016 for ivf.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is a wonderful person and had amazing bedside manner (very warm and positive and always seemed to care). She did get a little flustered during my first iui as she was having difficulty getting the catheter in (I have a retroverted uterus so it could have been difficult). I did see a different provider almost every visit which was a little frustrating.
Make sure you get along well with her medical assistant.
Dr Friedman has wonderful bedside manner and is extremely warm and kind. The office itself, including front desk and medical assistant were another story, however (felt much more like a number with them).
We did low dose clomid IUI cycles (x3). I produced 2-6 follicles each cycle, but none resulted in pregnancy. My husbands sperm count was a tad low on the second and third IUI rounds.
She was a very nice person, but did not appear very organized. I had to call and email numerous times to follow up on ensuring med Scripts were sent to pharmacies and when double checking timing of doses. Felt like I had to do double or triple the work to make sure things were correct. This could be because I was not an ivf patient at this point (maybe they put all their resources towards ivf patients and those getting iui s take a back seat??)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
My insurance covered three iuis so I only had a $40 co pay each visit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Had a difficult time with our first iui and getting the meds called into our pharmacy.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Friedman] makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me...
The Staff at SDFC were so supportive, respectful, kind and knowledgeable. They try their best to make you ivf journey much easier...I highly recommend having a consultation with Dr Friedman and I'm sure you will feel the difference from that moment...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Going through IVF is not easy but Dr. Brooke made our experience much better. Dr. Friedman is so kind and intelligent and truly cares for her patients. She makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me. We had to deal with 4 doctors for infertility and Dr Friedman was the sweetest and most dedicated doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.

3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were i
European, Latino
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
After 6 years trying to build our family, 6 IVFs, two clinics in LA and several in Argentina where we live now, we were so lucky that somebody introduced us to Dr Brooke Friedman of the San Diego Fertility Center. We hesitated at first because of the long distance but once we decided to do a treatment with them we felt their complete support and we were sure that we made the right decision. We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were in such great hands.
Trust her, you are in good hands.
Fresh transfer, egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Very profesional, flexible and understanding.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great coordination between all the departments (nurse, doctors, finance, donor team)
Around 40k
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Park was extremely friendly and really answered all of my questions I had going through IVF for the first time. When she called and had to leave me a message it was always detailed enough so I wasn't left with more questions as to what was going to happen next....Don't expect to see the doctor at every visit, you can definitely schedule appointments around when she is in the office. All the staff is very friendly and it feels like a family.
The whole process is nerve-wracking but the staff is always so friendly and happy to help you that it makes you feel at home. I did have to wait over 45 minutes for my initial consultation which was a little off putting but all my other appointments have gone smoothly and quickly.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
The staff was very friendly and it was nice to be greeted by name as you walked in for your appointments.
The first shot at IVF I was on 150iu of Gonal-F for 13 days, I was only able to get 4 mature eggs so we converted that cycle to an IUI (#5). It resulted in a BFN so we decided to up my dosage of Gonal-F for the next IVF. I had never taken injectable medication before so we didn't know how I would respond. I did 300iu for 10 days and it resulted in 25 follicles retrieved during my egg retrieval. We are currently waiting for our FET (scheduled date is 3/23).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff has been an awesome support group. I always have lots of questions after my ultrasound and they are always right there to help answer any questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Roughly $25,000 and that is included all the meds.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Hummel was kind, knowledgeable & compassionate. I was somewhat disappointed in the infrequency with which I saw him. I was a patient of his for approximately 1 year an I think I saw him 3 or 4 times....I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff. I did occasionally feel like Dr. Hummel had forgotten about me because I mostly dealt with his MA and NP.... I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
The facility [SD Fertility Center] was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking...I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff....I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions if you become confused with the process or terminology. I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 6 failed IUI cycles and 1 successful IVF cycle. During IUI I did 2 natural cycles, 2 with oral clomid and 2 with injectables (I can't remember the names). During the IVF I used several different injectable medications in a specific series as well as intravaginal estrogen suppositories after the implantation. The injectable series was complicated but with good organizational skills, was manageable. The vaginal suppositories were inconvenient & messy (twice a day for 2 weeks). However I was told the only other options were daily intramuscular injections of estrogen. I was tired of injections so I went for the suppositories which were effective in holding my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: His medical assistant)
I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing. Sometimes I felt like she was irritated when I would ask her to explain something more because I didn't understand, almost like she expected me to know.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The facility was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Approximately $35,000 total with IUI, IVF & medications.
Describe William Hummel (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Hummel gave me the option of single or multiple transfer. He explained the risks vs benefits and was ethical in that he would not consider transferring 3 or more embryos based on my personal story (single mom by choice). I felt he was being very responsible in his advice.
William Hummel (retired)
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.