11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Chuan was very personable and always in a good mood which is great, but I felt like she always had some where better to be. I felt like any questions I asked were annoying to her. She had a way of just talking to my husband instead of me, like I’m not capable of understanding what she is saying but my husband is. That bothered me because I’m the one who’s body is going through this, I’m the one who should be acknowledged...she kept saying but you’re so young, if I’d known you would be a poor responder I would have kept you on the meds longer. Only 3 made it into embryos. She suggested that we only transfer 2 at most the first time so we did. The nurse at my exam found polyps in my uterus so I had to have surgery to remove those before the transfer could be done to give me the best chance of the embryos sticking. She performed my transfer and that was a nice experience, she was very friendly and warm for those. That transfer failed and I had to wait until I could come up with $4,000 more to transfer my la
I felt like the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was a well oiled machine. Not too many smiles from the nurses, seems like they just wanted to get me in and out. I don’t think they really wanted to know me as a person...If you are a same sex couple or need a surrogate, this is a great clinic for you because I later learned that is the demographic they deal with and specialize in with most. I’m not in either of those situations so I don’t feel like it benefited me at all...
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt like the clinic was a well oiled machine. Not too many smiles from the nurses, seems like they just wanted to get me in and out. I don’t think they really wanted to know me as a person.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
From the beginning she told me that I shouldn’t have any trouble conceiving since I was “so young”; I was 29 going to be 30 at the time. Then my results can’t back that I have diminished ovarian reserve, which was a shock, but still she said you have age on your side you’ll be fine. I was put on clomid, gonal F and menopur injections to stimulate my ovaries. Then with the egg retrieval, which she didn’t perform another doctor did who I never met, only 5 eggs were retrieved. She was shocked when she learned that, she kept saying but you’re so young, if I’d known you would be a poor responder I would have kept you on the meds longer. Only 3 made it into embryos. She suggested that we only transfer 2 at most the first time so we did. The nurse at my exam found polyps in my uterus so I had to have surgery to remove those before the transfer could be done to give me the best chance of the embryos sticking. She performed my transfer and that was a nice experience, she was very friendly and warm for those. That transfer failed and I had to wait until I could come up with $4,000 more to transfer my last embryo. About 8 months later I started the whole process again to prepare for transfer. I was put on the usual clomid, progesterone, and estrogen, but this time I had to take triple the estrogen taking it orally, vaginally, and wearing patches since my follicles were not growing fast enough. Polyps were found again so I had to have those removed. Dr. Chuan transferred my last embryo and I Had my blood test on Christmas Eve and was told later that night it wa negative. I couldn’t get an appointment to go over my results until the first of February, which I thought was too long. When we talked she was very uncaring so different than how she was at the transfers. I asked if there anything I can do on my own to help my chances or if she could prescribe me clomid or anything to help my chances of conceiving naturally while I wait to come up with more money to do another cycle and she said no. I even asked if I should change my diet or what she recommends and she said that won’t help, there’s nothing to do. I was told I’m a poor responder but she doesn’t no why. So I’m left with more questions than answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Jenn was very thorough and was able to get me the papers and info I needed especially after when I was applying for grants. She did intimate me a little, I was scared sometimes to ask too many questions, I felt like she was annoyed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They have early hours so it made it very convenient for me to get my sonograms done and make it to work on time. The clinic is beautiful and very clean. They get stuff done really fast and get you on your way. I know they have a lot of patients and never ending cycles to treat I so I do understand how they can be rushed but it would help to still keep some warmth, compassion, and friendliness since every one coming in there is going through a very emotional process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
$13,500 for a round of IVF. $400 for hysteroscopy. $4,000 for additional transfers. $5,000 for meds.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I initially wanted to transfer all 3 of my embryos in together but she advised me that was not a good choice since I could have multiple babies and that’s dangerous for me. Which I agree was the right decision and safest approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is run very well. It might just be me personally who didn’t feel welcomed and as comfortable as I should feel. One example that made me feel like no one acknowledged or cared about me is when I had my transfer done I wore special socks that said “put that baby in me”. The doctor thought they were cute and asked if she could take a picture. I said of course. So a little while later I check their Instagram and I’m happy to see they put my picture up; only they captioned it “we love how loving and supportive our surrogates are!” I’m not a surrogate, my doctor knows that, my husband was in the room with me. So that just shows me that I’m not even important enough to remember.
Treated 2018 - 2019
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations....I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment.... I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations. My issues with her may just be how her office is run, but other than the consults and actual surgical procedures, I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment. Her MA is quite cold, and I've found myself holding back from reaching out as to not have any further interaction. I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE. As meds were adjusted, I was only contacted by the staff I did not know and nothing was explained. I was also struck when all embryo updates were an informal email from a lab department, again I never heard from my actual doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in understanding this is a very hands-off clinic. They see a high volume of patients and don't have the time to give any "personal touch". As this was my first experience with fertility treatments, it took a lot of research on my own to understand what was going on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Through my 2 IUIs and 1 round of IVF at SDFC its only become more apparent that patients are treated as a number rather than an individual case. The best example of this is the fact that you see a different staff member, never a doctor, during each monitoring appointment. The staff always asks to get "caught up" on your meds/cycle, and I can say that if any of them saw me outside of the office they would not recognize me as a patient, let alone even remember my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
While you are assigned a care coordinator under a RE at SDFC, my experience was that you only see them during the intake of appointments with the doctor- aka consultations. All other appointments and services are with a mix of other staff members on a rotating basis. The coordinator is available via email if you have questions outside the appointment, but I found it felt like I was bothering her if I did reach out.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC feels like a fertility mill. They see a large quantity of patients, and its evident that individual care is not high on their priority list. While the first consultation is often comped, and you get a great full hour consultation, my experience was after you sign on as a patient, you never really see the doctors again but rather have your case managed by a myriad of staff who don't get to know your case. Now that I have completed my retrieval and have embryos "on ice", I feel a bit stuck in the mill. I expected having such expensive, self-pay medicine would come with more access to physicians, and care designed for our specific circumstances.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI was about $850 with the trigger shot IVF is about $14,000 before medications FET is about $5,000
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Friedman has a very strong preference for eSet
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Friedman seems to be knowledgable and caring. However, often times we didn't feel as though she wanted to dive into the 'why' of a situation or explain treatment or options thoroughly, and we felt as though we annoying when we asked any questions. It could have just been a bad fit, but we felt a lot like we couldn't ask questions without feeling judged.... because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time.
The physical office space [San Diego Fertility Ctr] is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is very busy. She travels quite a bit. She definitely has a sweet nature, but also one that doesn't seem to have patience for too many questions. It can be tough to talk with her.
As a whole, Dr. Friedman is very nice. However, that nice-ness comes off quite unauthentic. She is pretty quick in all meetings, calls, procedures - so while very nice, sweet bedside manner, due to the unauthenticity of that nice manner, and the quickness to get to the next thing, you often feel like just a number.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUIs were all the same with use of letrozole, due to my production of follicles. The were all BFN, and it was the same protocol every time. For the IVF, it was stimulatin with gonal f, menopur, clomid, cetritide, and a lupron trigger. the FETs were estridial, progesterone, 3 days of antibiotics, 3 days of prednisone, baby aspirin, and the first one had lupron mini dose and letrozole.
The medical assistant that was in charge of coordinating our care continually would forget who we were (kept asking for name and date of birth via email after a year's worth of care), would mix up protocols, results, and forget to submit certain forms. Also, would give misinformation on the costs of certain things. While she was nice to your face, it also felt forced, and the misinformation almost messed up our cycles. However, the rest of the nursing staff was nice and well informed, and generally helpful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The physical office space is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
IUIs cost around $1500; IVF was around $13K + Medication for cash pay, subsequent FET was $4K + meds
because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time. she said there wasn't much chance of helping increaseing the number of embryos, but it did increase the chance of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
When a new medicine was prescribed or changes made to a protocol, such as adding clomid to the stimulation for IVF, the negatives and side effects were not discussed, as well as how it could push out the timeline of the overall process. Additionally, bloodwork was done, and determined that I needed some extra medicine. No one called me to discuss the medication or what my tests showed - they simply handed me a prescription to be filled.
Treated 2017 - 2018
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. ... She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. ... I thought this probably should have been mentioned. Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff!
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. ... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They were quick to respond to my emails and made sure to check on me after each procedure. During both IVF procedures the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff! However, we do wish we were able to meet with her more often instead of the nurses. She was also compassionate to our situation because we did not get the best results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Eventhough the initial consult might be very informative ask questions to make sure you understand completely. Also expect not to see Dr. Park that often. We spoke to her over the phone more than in person.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. l had 2 IVF cycles and only actually met with her twice before having both procedures, once at our initial consult and once after l got pregnant naturally and miscarried.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our initial appointment with Dr. Park was great. She was recommended to us by my OB after my second miscarriage. She was thorough and kind and we came up with a game plan to try one more time naturally while on progesterone before moving on to any other treatments. After we miscarried a 3rd time we met with her a second time to talk about testing. She did an ultrasound and determined l was most likely experiencing poor egg quality. After receiving our test results back she really felt it was my poor egg quality that was the issue and we should do 2 rounds of IVF. We paid for both rounds of IVF up front which is around $30,000. We next met with a coordinator to talk about the medications l would be taking during the first round of IVF. She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. I questioned the nurse to make sure this is correct and she confirmed this is the protocol Dr. Park decided for me. I thought this probably should have been mentioned. During this round we retrieved 5 eggs 2 were mature and both fertilized but were very poor quality and did not make it. After this failed we had a phone call with Dr. Park where she explained the next round would be a full kitchen sink round with lots of medications including growth hormones. This round went better and we retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature 4 fertilized but none of our embryos made it again. So after 2 rounds of IVF we were left with nothing. I had a follow up call with Dr. Park and she was compansionate but it was clear these results were not great and we did not know exactly why. She suggested taking a step back and trying acupuncture to maybe improve my egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. When you have gone through so much already and make the difficult decision to move ahead with 2 rounds of IVF you want to feel that care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
For two rounds of IVF (Mini Stim and Kitchen Sink protocol- which there is no difference in the actual procedure) and PGS testing (which we never got to) we paid around $27,000 upfront to the clinic the same day we had our first ultrasound and blood work. Medications are not included in this number. Because we did not make it to PGS testing we were refunded for that portion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wish I was explained the protocol better for my first round of IVF. I mini stim is very different from a normal protocol or a "kitchen sink protocol" and I felt I should have been better informed by my Dr.
Susanna Park
San Diego - Mission Valley

She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. ... Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult. ... I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
They [San Diego Fertility Center] made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. ... They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. ... Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. ...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
Don't go, there are several better doctors in San Diego.
They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. I chose another doctor eventhough they were out of network.
I did two fairly low dose clomid IUI cycles. She should have advised against these based on my numbers. Although I didnt proceed with IVF she had me on birth control pills and was planning a very high dosage of medication, nearly $10k worth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had a different nurse every time. I had no one I could go to with questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very beautiful offices, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they showed little compassion to their patients. Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. They made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult.
The IUI were about $400 each and the IVF cycle would have cost me nearly $20k with them being in-network. The medication would have cost $10k.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They told me that I had a certain amount of insurance coverage but that amount changed when it came down to starting the cycle.
Susanna Park

Treated 2016
We did low dose clomid IUI cycles (x3) [wtih Dr. Friedman] . I produced 2-6 follicles each cycle, but none resulted in pregnancy. My husbands sperm count was a tad low on the second and third IUI rounds... has wonderful bedside manner and is extremely warm and kind...She did get a little flustered during my first iui as she was having difficulty getting the catheter in (I have a retroverted uterus so it could have been difficult). I did see a different provider almost every visit which was a little frustrating.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Very nice, new facility. I liked that they had a wide range of appointment times, including early slots for monitoring. They were one of the only places that took my insurance for iuis. Since it is such a large clinic and there are so many different providers (including PAs and NPs) you can start to feel like a number a little bit (lost in the shuffle). They had a success guarantee program I was looking into back in 2016 for ivf.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is a wonderful person and had amazing bedside manner (very warm and positive and always seemed to care). She did get a little flustered during my first iui as she was having difficulty getting the catheter in (I have a retroverted uterus so it could have been difficult). I did see a different provider almost every visit which was a little frustrating.
Make sure you get along well with her medical assistant.
Dr Friedman has wonderful bedside manner and is extremely warm and kind. The office itself, including front desk and medical assistant were another story, however (felt much more like a number with them).
We did low dose clomid IUI cycles (x3). I produced 2-6 follicles each cycle, but none resulted in pregnancy. My husbands sperm count was a tad low on the second and third IUI rounds.
She was a very nice person, but did not appear very organized. I had to call and email numerous times to follow up on ensuring med Scripts were sent to pharmacies and when double checking timing of doses. Felt like I had to do double or triple the work to make sure things were correct. This could be because I was not an ivf patient at this point (maybe they put all their resources towards ivf patients and those getting iui s take a back seat??)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
My insurance covered three iuis so I only had a $40 co pay each visit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Had a difficult time with our first iui and getting the meds called into our pharmacy.
Treated 2013
The doctor [Dr. Chuan] did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns...I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told [at San Diego Fertility Center]. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle...Since we were young, I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan has very nice shoes. That is what I remember as she always seemed to talk about her very high end shoe collection and we certainly felt like we were paying for those shoes with each expensive visit. The clinic would give us pricing estimates on tests and we would receive invoices for thousands more than we were told. We were frustrated by our experience since we were not taken seriously and decided to move on to another specialist after a few months of working with Dr Chuan.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle.
The doctor did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns. After our cycles, we were called by a nurse with terrible bedside manner. She said " The test was negative. When do you want to start your next treatment?" There was not time for processing the situation or personal touch. We felt like we were being pushed down a conveyor belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
The nurse was very blunt and focused on pushing us into the next cycle. She did not seem to take the emotional aspect of fertility treatment into account when communicating with us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The office is clean and professional. They were only open on certain days as the doctor worked in San Diego and Temecula, so if doing IVF here, you would need to sync your cycle to the clinic's availability.
We ended up paying about $12,000 for initial fertility testing since our insurance covered $0. The clomid cycles ended up costing about $2500 each due to all the monitoring appt
Treated 2018 - 2019
My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She [Dr. Friedman] spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed. ... She really didn’t recommend any strategy besides do 3 IUI treatments and then if that didn’t work we would meet again. ... My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is clean, professional and conveniently located. ... MJ was suppose to schedule an important SHG and she didn’t. Also I never heard from Dr. Friedman after the SHG ... Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments. ... It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion. It also felt like she was very quick to prescribe clomid even though I had no problem with egg production. It seems like they don’t care if you conceive multiples.
If you want to initiate all appointments, procedures and do most of the research on your own then this is a good place. Be careful of their numbers with multiples and follow hour intuition
My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed.
Communicating with her nurse was always painful. She showed no compassion and was very confusing when it came to the next steps. It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, professional and conveniently located. Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments.
IUI is $700 a cycle
She was very fact and number focused and left the decision up to us if we do IVF.

Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Sandy Chuan] also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results....I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables...so you really don't ever see the doctors...Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her...We encountered several issues with the clinic missing key medications in my protocol. In addition, we had 10 cycles where she did the exact same protocol expecting different results. It was so disappointing.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle [at San Diego Fertility Center], not including medications...They're churning people through, so you really don't ever see the doctors. The nurses are just ok but they don't actually go through your file when you first become a patient, so make sure all your medical history is up to date. SDFC failed to have us update our immunization records and we didn't know until they were 4 years out of date.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Better record keeping of medications in protocol, and not trying the same treatment 10 times when it wasn't working.
Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her.
I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nurses really root for you but the fact that they missed medications listed in my file is inexcusable. I felt like I was tossed around from nurse to nurse and they omitted details when they communicated with each other.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle, not including medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nurses failed to add the doctor's orders to my protocol, canceling cycles twice. Dr. Chuan also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Doctor [Dr. Michael Kettel] was not willing to adjust my protocol based on poor results. He had a one-size fits all approach, which does not work. He dismissed my concerns about aspects of the protocol, and referred to my aging eggs as the only cause. I am seeking IVF because of my age, and IVF is an inexact science. I expected him to be open to trying different approaches after getting poor results. He does not care if you succeed or fail - there is no empathy.
Strengths [at San Diego Fertility Center]: Excellent facility, feel like you wandered into a posh building. Does not feel like a medical center. Clinic was super organized with their billing, communication and treatment plans Weakness: Very expensive. One time bulk payment, does not charge anything to insurance. I was paying completely OOP, but other clinics charged a lot of my ongoing monitoring to my insurance...Clinic was very welcoming, always felt like a person.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor was not willing to adjust my protocol based on poor results. He had a one-size fits all approach, which does not work. He dismissed my concerns about aspects of the protocol, and referred to my aging eggs as the only cause. I am seeking IVF because of my age, and IVF is an inexact science. I expected him to be open to trying different approaches after getting poor results. He does not care if you succeed or fail - there is no empathy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Do not expect any empathy or openness to trying different things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Clinic was very welcoming, always felt like a person.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Antagonist and Lupron MicroFlare with BCP suppression.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Claudia)
Claudia and the rest of the nursing staff were organized, communicative and empathetic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths: Excellent facility, feel like you wandered into a posh building. Does not feel like a medical center. Clinic was super organized with their billing, communication and treatment plans Weakness: Very expensive. One time bulk payment, does not charge anything to insurance. I was paying completely OOP, but other clinics charged a lot of my ongoing monitoring to my insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
35,000 for 2 cycles
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
eSET only