11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Treated 2019 - 2020
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.
Treated 2020
Dr. Chuan is great! She is very good at explaining things and is encouraging. I just wish she was more available for questions. I have only seen her once at our consultation appointment. After our first IUI failed I wanted to change up the protocol and Dr. Chuan's staff said I couldnt do that unless I made an appointment with the doctor and I couldnt speak with her for 3 weeks (telephone appointment). Besides that, Dr. Chuan is the only reason why I have stayed with this clinic...Make sure you're prepared with all of your questions at your consultation appointment because you'll be dealing with her staff afterwards.
They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate...Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions)...I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 & trigger for IUI #1 which failed (only produced 1 mature follicle). IUI #1 scheduled 36 hours after trigger. IUI #2: clomid 100 mg days 3-7 & trigger 36 hours prior to the IUI. They actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Monica )
The nursing staff is nice if you sit there and do whatever they say and dont question them. The second you begin to question them, their true colors come out. I dont like that the give contradictory directions for example scheduling my IUI 39 hours after they told me to trigger rather than 36 hours after. They also said it didnt matter how my husband transported his sample, even though the paper directions they give with the sample cup have very specific directions. Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions).
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Advocate for yourself. The only one who acts like they actually care about you is the doctor (who you'll only deal with once). Ask your questions even if they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI was $700 not including meds which were another $100 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore. The PA wasnt listening to my concerns and said I would need to talk to the doctor about changing the med, which I know a PA can prescribe a new med. It would've taken a simple call/text to the doctor to change the med but seems like she just didnt want to.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Kettle is great. We were an unexpected challenging case and I don’t think he was prepared for our results. Therefore we did not see our poor response to treatment as an option. He got more honest and realistic with us as we progressed. ... he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. ... I see Megan and Danielle. Both are amazing and caring. They have helped me through the worst days of my life. I’m so grateful for their care.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Know that you will develop a better relationship with nurses since they do the primary day to day care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I didn’t see Dr Kettle at all my appts but I would see the nurses in the Mission Valley office and they are so lovely, kind and caring.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For our 2 IUIs we did clomid. For our first 2 Egg retrieval’s we did an antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal and cetritide. Round 2 he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. Because I see them so often I sometimes forget about Dr Kettle. I know he’s working behind the scenes but sometimes it’s odd to go long times without checking in. On the other hand I feel so comfortable with the nurses it makes it tolerable. If seeing a doctor at every appt is important to you, this clinic wouldn’t be right for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each egg retrieval was around $13,000 not including medications. We have done 2 and are starting a 3rd
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have one PGS tested normal so it isn’t really an option but if we get a second he would allow 2.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Chuan was great she broke everything down so that i understood everything from whats happening and what our options are and the next steps are. She is truly an expert and you can see that with her conversations i had with her. ... After the consult I began to see the NP [SD Fertility Ctr] ... Also treatment did not seem to be custom or modified to me and what I'm going through.
If you need some emotional support from the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] the Temecula clinic is not where you can get it from but if thats something you do not need and just want business only the n this will work for you. ... The nurse was short i felt as I was in and out without any sort of connection with her and the same for the other staff that assisted her. Although there was one nurse i had the opportunity to meet and she was really approachable and nice.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have questions prepared because she is super receptive and great at answering questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
After the consult I began to see the NP and i would come in for my scan and leave no conversations about what im feeling and once i brought up about not triggering and she said its its whatever I want to do. After each appt i was told what to do and that seemed expected and there was also no communication between the office staff or myself which when i attempted to they were really short with me. Also treatment did not seem to be custom or modified to me and what I'm going through. Again lack of discussion about what os happening and after my 2nd chemical pregnancy i was told that at least im getting the results of a positive pregnancy test which is great
I took letrozole on cycle day 3 to 7 and would scan the follicles on day 3 and 12 and 14 if needed after size is sufficient i would trigger on day 12 or 14 and beta would happen on day 12
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica NP)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Chuan is great. If you need some emotional support from the clinic staff the Temecula clinic is not where you can get it from but if thats something you do not need and just want business only the n this will work for you.
My consult and follow up were covered but i had to pay for the medication cycle and the medication was a separate cost in addition to the office visits.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Beta testing the office completed they called the next day instead of calling the same day
Temecula
Dr. Park is very reassuring. She's also pretty straight forward which we appreciate. I always leave the office feeling like we have a plan or a next step. I needed a surgery and she went to much trouble to get it scheduled for us.... We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff [San Diego Fertility Center] and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Take notes! Don't feel bad about asking for further information or more direction if you are having trouble making a decision about your treatment.
Dr. Park is helpful, informative and has always been very positive with us. We definitely went into our first consultation very nervous and came out feeling reassured that we will end up with a happy healthy baby.
We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort. We moved onto blood tests and a SA - all came back good, slightly low-normal morph for my husband. An HSG and MRI was scheduled to confirm the septum. I was then scheduled for a HSC to resect the septum, and an SIS post surgery. Within 1 month of the surgery, we were able to start our first medicated IUI cycle. She is pretty understanding of our needs and wants - she can appreciate that we are older (35 and 38) and are very ready for a healthy pregnancy so she recommended we start with the IUI cycles, even though with my now "normal" uterus we could just continue trying naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria / Hanna Mulloy)
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they respond to all the emails I send asking questions without it seeming like I am bugging them!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had some issues scheduling a hsyteroscopy - mainly I had questions about the cycle day the surgery was going to fall on - and was relying on the scheduler to confirm details with the doctor. I was informed all was well, but on the day of the surgery, my doctor had not been informed of my concerns. Thankfully, all turned out well.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
I honestly can’t say anything about him. ... He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications. ... I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. ... I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there.
I felt like I was tossed around and no one [San Diego Fertility Center] had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. ... I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. ... The staff, especially the donor coordinator, were amazing. The donor coordinator is the reason we initially became patients at the clinic and she continued to be excellent to work with throughout our time there. We had a pretty big issue come up regarding our donor, and she personally called us and worked with us to make sure we were okay with the outcome of future cycles.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I honestly can’t say anything about him. I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. Another doctor, who was perfectly lovely, did the procedure.
Be prepared to stay on top of your own case. He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications.
I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there. I had to ask the same question multiple times before getting an answer.
I used donor eggs, so this question doesn’t really apply to me. I was not given information on how they adjusted and chose the protocol given to my donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hillary)
She honestly did not seem very smart. However, I met and dealt with other nurses at the clinic who were fantastic. I think I just got placed with someone who was extremely frustrating to deal with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The total cost was approximately $40,000 for one donor egg cycle. That included a $8,000 compensation fee for the donor. The rest was for her medications and egg retrieval, as well as my medications and transfer.
He left the decision up to us, but it wasn’t ever really a discussion because we were using donor eggs and knew we did not want to risk the possibility of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had to say on top of our nurse to give me information that I needed. I felt like I was tossed around and no one had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. It may have been because we were using a donor and they wanted to ensure the donor’s privacy, but I felt like I was the one paying the money and they weren’t real concerned with my happiness.
Michael Kettel

Treated 2017
We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error...Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate...She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.
Treated 2016
Dr. Park was extremely friendly and really answered all of my questions I had going through IVF for the first time. When she called and had to leave me a message it was always detailed enough so I wasn't left with more questions as to what was going to happen next....Don't expect to see the doctor at every visit, you can definitely schedule appointments around when she is in the office. All the staff is very friendly and it feels like a family.
The whole process is nerve-wracking but the staff is always so friendly and happy to help you that it makes you feel at home. I did have to wait over 45 minutes for my initial consultation which was a little off putting but all my other appointments have gone smoothly and quickly.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
The staff was very friendly and it was nice to be greeted by name as you walked in for your appointments.
The first shot at IVF I was on 150iu of Gonal-F for 13 days, I was only able to get 4 mature eggs so we converted that cycle to an IUI (#5). It resulted in a BFN so we decided to up my dosage of Gonal-F for the next IVF. I had never taken injectable medication before so we didn't know how I would respond. I did 300iu for 10 days and it resulted in 25 follicles retrieved during my egg retrieval. We are currently waiting for our FET (scheduled date is 3/23).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff has been an awesome support group. I always have lots of questions after my ultrasound and they are always right there to help answer any questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Roughly $25,000 and that is included all the meds.
Treated 2017 - 2018
For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion...Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
Their weaknesses [San Diego Fertility Center] would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule...The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate...IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000...For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).
Treated 2015 - 2018
I went to Dr Friedman for my first pregnancy (success after 2 IUIs) and now trying for a sibling. She is very kind, smart and knowledgeable. She can be blunt whereas I'd prefer a bit more optimism. She basically told me that IUIs wouldn't work for us first time around, but it did. I don't see her for IUIs but that doesn't bother me.... Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
This is a beautiful clinic [SD Fertility Center] -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.... IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is very caring and has excellent bedside manner. She listens well and makes you feel very comfortable.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
All IUIs were with clomid, trigger shot and ultrasound monitoring. I have a lot of follicles so the concern is that I'll overstimulate with more than clomid. I got pregnant after 2 IUIs the first time around. No success yet after 3 IUIs for a sibling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ is Dr Friedman's nurse coordinator. If I have a question or concern for Dr. Friedman, I can call or email MJ and she'll get back to me fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
Brooke Friedman
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions.... I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.... No follow up after any of the treatments to see how I was doing or if it resulted in a pregnancy.
Beautiful offices and in great locations [San Diego Fertility Center]. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking..... The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well.... Wasn't called to let us know we were using my husband's fresh sperm and not his frozen sperm.... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions. The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well. I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results.
She is amazing but ask her nurses for clarification when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman)
Very monotone and not very personable. She was available though when I had questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful offices and in great locations. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking.
$700 per cycle after initial testing was completed.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Not applicable. We haven't gotten to that point yet.

Treated 2015
I was impressed that they [the nurses] were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She's very personable while professional. I do wish she'd be more willing to get into the details with me and more willing to use proper medical terminology, diagnoses etc. I believe her bedside manner is so warm and sweet that she "dumbs down " the info a bit.
Ask questions if you like the details. But she is very warm and kind and will make you feel comfortable.
They remember me. Dr Park seems genuinely enthusiastic to have us there.
Femara cd 3-8. Ultrasound cd 10. Follow up ultrasound , ovidrel trigger shot, IUI 36 hours later. Any of this may or may not be performed by Dr Park.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was impressed that they were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
$700 IUI cycle $150 ish for meds cash
Treated 2013
Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.... Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .... Looking back first time was a test run, the second time was the same protocol other then switching the method of administration for meds for lining, injection vs patches.
Very busy clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr- Carmel Valley] and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.... 5k for PGS testing. 495 for mock transfers, 24,000 for the first round, 32,000 for the second round.... Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us .
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Felt like he was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Doctor ensured we were informed but ultimately we made the decision .
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)
Treated 2013 - 2015
[Dr. Rakoff is] kind, good bedside manner, sometimes late but otherwise always understanding and willing to explain everything in as much detail as we asked...Be sure to always communicate what you want and what is important to you, in my experience if you do this the employees of SDFC [San Diego Fertility Center] will do everything possible to get it for you.
SDFC [San Diego Fertility Center] is expensive but I wouldn't go anywhere else. I feel the nurses and doctors truly care about me, my husband, and the family we desire...It's been two years since the IVF cycle where we conceived our son [and] every nurse and doctor remembered me.
It's been two years since the ivf cycle where we conceived our son every nurse and doctor remembered me. Sdfc is expensive but I wouldn't go anywhere else. I feel the nurses and doctors truly care about me, my husband, and the family we desire.
Be sure to always communicate what you want and what is important to you, in my experience if you do this the employees of sdfc will do everything possible to get it for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Kind, good bedside manner, sometimes late but otherwise always understanding and willing to explain everything in as much detail as we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lilly)
They're great, kind, caring, and truly want you to suceed in finding your family
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)
Treated 2016
There is nothing negative I can share about Dr. Friedman. She is compassionate, intelligent, and answers any question we had. We felt supported and had full trust in her ability to assist us in our journey.
She was compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Without a doubt I reccomend Dr. Friedman. She's a very caring, compassionate, and professional Dr.
She was compassionate and caring.
Brooke Friedman
San Diego - Del Mar Main
[Dr.] Sandy Chuan is very knowledgeable about the field. She focuses a lot on IVF and really explained statistics to us and outcomes. She was very professional but at the same time because it was a free consult not a lot of time was spent on us...Have a list of questions ready to ask so that you don’t feel rushed and forget...It felt a bit rushed...Treatment protocol was to go straight to ivf...While she has a delicate approach it seemed like her main goal was to get to IVF since I have been trying so long. Nurse
Nurse staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is great. They are very kind and are very available for questions when I had them. They make sure to call back same day and made us feel important...They don’t call with when results when they are considered normal or okay. For me this is a flaw because some of the test I looked at were alarming but that’s because I wasn’t explained to why they would show like that due to the cycle day the blood was drawn. It can send a client into panic mode when not explained or called about
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy Chuan is very knowledgeable about the field. She focuses a lot on IVF and really explained statistics to us and outcomes. She was very professional but at the same time because it was a free consult not a lot of time was spent on us. It felt a bit rushed.
Have a list of questions ready to ask so that you don’t feel rushed and forget
I feel like it was in the middle. While she has a delicate approach it seemed like her main goal was to get to IVF since I have been trying so long.
Treatment protocol was to go straight to ivf. We however have not been able to proceed because it’s roughly 25k to do it and we just don’t have the finances right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Nurse staff is great. They are very kind and are very available for questions when I had them. They make sure to call back same day and made us feel important.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think there should be some more communication with test results even if it’s good. Also answering the phone is a huge pet peeve of mine and sometimes it’s hard to get through. They are really good when you are in front of them and can answer questions very thoroughly.
Cost were really frustrating. For one single round it was roughly $12,500 which includes monitoring, add $850 for PGS testing. And roughly 10k for meds. Other option was 25k and you got 3 try’s. Plus meds and PGS testing