11425 El Camino Real
590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were i
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
After 6 years trying to build our family, 6 IVFs, two clinics in LA and several in Argentina where we live now, we were so lucky that somebody introduced us to Dr Brooke Friedman of the San Diego Fertility Center. We hesitated at first because of the long distance but once we decided to do a treatment with them we felt their complete support and we were sure that we made the right decision. We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were in such great hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Trust her, you are in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Fresh transfer, egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Very profesional, flexible and understanding.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great coordination between all the departments (nurse, doctors, finance, donor team)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Around 40k
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Friedman] makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me...
The Staff at SDFC were so supportive, respectful, kind and knowledgeable. They try their best to make you ivf journey much easier...I highly recommend having a consultation with Dr Friedman and I'm sure you will feel the difference from that moment...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Going through IVF is not easy but Dr. Brooke made our experience much better. Dr. Friedman is so kind and intelligent and truly cares for her patients. She makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me. We had to deal with 4 doctors for infertility and Dr Friedman was the sweetest and most dedicated doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. ... Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff [San Diego Fertility Center] made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them. ... There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. ... I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. If she saw that I was nervous, she always reassured me and let me take my time getting my emotions under control. Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Ask questions… Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification on things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I feel that with all that comes with fertility treatments it is very scheduled and very planned and very strategic. It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Injections and treatments leading up to anger triple were pretty standard, when my egg retrieval occurred they found polyps in my uterus, so they decided to freeze my eggs, scraped my uterus and allow time for my levels to go down before embryo transfer. They did a biopsy on what they found in my uterus, it came back clear and as soon as my next cycle came around we prepared for embryo transfer. All went as planned and I received a positive pregnancy test two weeks later resulting in a full term birth of my son.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns. They became who I was most familiar with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think overall the clinic was great! There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. I didn’t mind the drive and they were pretty flexible with me when needed. Depending on the timing of my treatments I would see them in to macula or San Diego, but both were pretty convenient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
I love my nurse stated that she was amazing. All my expenses are wonderful
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
20,000-30,000
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only had two embryos to transfer, so we decided to transfer both… We didn’t have a need to select a specific embryo, as long as it was healthy we are ready to transfer.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I cannot remember the first part of treatment and what they were called, but I do know she tried two different methods that failed before moving to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I have only done the embryo transfer once, and it was successful with one egg that split into identical twins, but I lost them at 16 weeks. I am in the process of doing my second transfer with Dr. Chuan now.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office [at San Diego Fertility Center] was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was very lucky to find Dr. Sandy Chuan. Being a younger patient it was all very scary and confusing. When I first met her, she was so kind and professional. Her knowledge of my issues and her ability to explain it so my husband and I could understand was greatly appreciated. She took the extra time to help us and never made us seem like we were holding her up and she never tried to rush us, which is something we so greatly appreciated. She was not only professional and sensitive she was also willing to work with my work schedules so I did not have to take extra time off work. I would recommend her to anyone having issues with fertility.
To get in ASAP because it will be the best decision you ever made.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
All nursing staff were very kind and answered all questions and followed up after every appointment. I am also able to reach them 24/7 with any questions big or small and they are always so kind about it no matter what time.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
New, clean, with the latest technology.
$20,000 one time fee, success guaranteed or money back.

2013 - 2015, Successful
We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She [Dr Chuan] was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics [at San Diego Fertility Center] were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever known. She treated me like you would a good friend, yet she remained professional. She was positive, kind and caring. I was extremely confident in her medical and fertility knowledge. We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Stay patient and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible
Doctors and staff treated me with kindness, respect and genuine caring
Dr.Chuan thought we would reach the best results if we started right away with an egg retrieval due to my age, 40. Our most successful retrieval was the first. After a month of birth control pills to suppress my ovaries, we then stimulated the follicles with injections and retrieved 6 eggs. My husband and I wanted to do genetic testing and the clinic charged same fee whether you had one or eight embryos, so over the next 2+ years we tried to retrieve enough eggs to fertilize into embryos so we could have eight embryos for the testing. It took 2+ years due to my body reacting to the protocols. The protocol that worked perfectly the first round did not work again. I think we tried around 6-10 different protocols over the whole process. The first egg retrieval resulted in the one embryo that genetically would be a viable pregnancy. We implanted the one embryo that was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn Hoffman was incredible. She, along with Dr.Chuan, showed a positive happy attitude throughout the years of treatment. She went above and beyond her duties for me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Over the 2+ years the total cost of medications and clinic procedures was $60,000

2013 - 2015, Successful
Jenn [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We could not have loved having Dr. Chuan as our doctor any more than we did. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over two years by the time we first saw her. She was warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. She took the time to explain everything to us in terms that we could understand and relate to. The month before we were to start the IVF process we ended up pregnant naturally and I miscarried at 7 weeks. The first time I saw Dr. Chuan after she found out she couldn't have been more sympathetic and caring. We decided to skip IUI as an option due to my age, 37 at the time, and the fact that we had been trying to get pregnant for so long at that point, we all agreed that IVF would have a higher possibility of success. We initially were going to do just one retrieval due to the high cost of IVF (our insurance covered nothing of course) and ended up with 3 fresh blastocysts of poor quality. We transferred all three and received a negative result which was obviously emotionally devastating. My husband and I decided to try again and the clinic was amazing in working with us. They offer a discount if you buy a three retrieval package and they rolled over the money we spent on the single retrieval into the package so we saved a lot of money. We did two more retrievals back to back and froze everything. For every new cycle of treatment, Dr. Chuan changed the protocol to try to find what worked best for us. Our first retrieval she was only able to get viable eggs from one ovary so she changed our medications the next time and got better results. She tried a change to the medications for the third retrieval as well to try to give us the best odds. Our second transfer ended up as a blighted ovum miscarriage. Another devastation. Our third transfer resulted in a negative result. By this point I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the quality of my eggs. We spoke to Dr. Chuan about possibly using an egg donor even though we still had six of our own five day blastocysts frozen. She was very empathetic and understanding about our frustration but urged us to give it one more shot with our own eggs and to try transferring three (they normally only transfer a maximum of two) blastocysts. So, we gave it a shot and I honestly fully expected it to fail since I was pretty disheartened at this point. I couldn't be more thrilled to say that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! To say that I was shocked by the positive result would be an understatement. After all of our HCG numbers came back and we were where we were supposed to be, Dr. Chuan called me to congratulate me. At this point in the process generally the fertility doctor is done but she knew how much we had struggled and wanted us to know that she truly cared about us. I have never dealt with a doctor who cared more about me and everything I was going through. If Dr. Chuan could be my lifelong doctor for everything I would be thrilled.
Always be honest about your feelings. I am fully aware about what a serious process fertility treatment is but my husband and I always use sarcasm and humor to deal with stress. Because we joked around, Dr. Chuan adapted fully to our personalities and that really helped us through the process. Had we been super serious about the whole thing, she would have been also. We were able to be ourselves around her which made the process infinitely easier and more comfortable.
From our very first appointment, Dr. Chuan was completely invested in our journey.
I remember that Dr. Chuan changed up our medications during each retrieval to try to get the best results but I don't remember exactly what she changed. I do know that I responded very badly to Estrogen during the egg transfer process and so she tried three different routes for me to take the medication to make me less ill, i.e. patches vs. orally. I was very grateful because taking the pills orally made me horribly nauseated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Most of my appointments, consultations, and ultrasounds were at the Temecula office while the egg retrievals and transfers were at the Del Mar office. The Temecula office is very lovely; well appointed and very clean. It was a pleasure to go here. And since I live in Murrieta, it was fantastic and convenient that most of my appointments were able to be done locally. The Del Mar office is just as nice. They have opened a new clinic in Del Mar that I haven't yet been to so I can't give an opinion of what it currently looks like but I'm sure it is even better than the last one!
The IVF three egg retrieval package was $26,790. Our medications per cycle were about $6,000.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Kettel] was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!On a day where we were full of anxiety and excitement at the same time, the day of our transfer, he was unbelievably kind and warm! For example, he knew that we had never gotten as far as an embryo transfer due to my egg quality, and immediately following the transfer of the embryo, he looked in my eyes and very sincerely said congratulations! I cried of course! He made it very personal like he understood!...
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V]... She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before!...
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in with high expectations because they will be met!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
This doctor was Honestly unlike any doctor we have ever Matt especially in the infertility world! He was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Miller)
You could tell that the kindness and warmth really trickle down from the doctors to the staff! But as most people know the person you have contact with on a regular basis is your nurse. She was amazing! For example in her communication with me she often took time to acknowledge my fears and reassure me! This is definitely not been the case with most of my clinics that we're mostly sterile and their communication as if I was a checklist. Then when we finally got the results of a positive pregnancy through blood work results, she encouraged me to take a pregnancy test. I asked her why since I knew the blood test was superior. She said because I deserved to see a positive sign! Wow! I'll never forget that! She was so sweet! I took a picture of the positive test an emailed it to her thanking her for encouraging me to do that!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes. She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before! She answered all her questions like how do you store the leftover embryos. Before she left the room she sincerely said that she was going to take really good care of us and our embryos! I believed her! And they did!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were very discreet and professional

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Hummel was kind, knowledgeable & compassionate. I was somewhat disappointed in the infrequency with which I saw him. I was a patient of his for approximately 1 year an I think I saw him 3 or 4 times....I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff. I did occasionally feel like Dr. Hummel had forgotten about me because I mostly dealt with his MA and NP.... I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
The facility [SD Fertility Center] was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking...I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff....I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions if you become confused with the process or terminology. I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 6 failed IUI cycles and 1 successful IVF cycle. During IUI I did 2 natural cycles, 2 with oral clomid and 2 with injectables (I can't remember the names). During the IVF I used several different injectable medications in a specific series as well as intravaginal estrogen suppositories after the implantation. The injectable series was complicated but with good organizational skills, was manageable. The vaginal suppositories were inconvenient & messy (twice a day for 2 weeks). However I was told the only other options were daily intramuscular injections of estrogen. I was tired of injections so I went for the suppositories which were effective in holding my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: His medical assistant)
I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing. Sometimes I felt like she was irritated when I would ask her to explain something more because I didn't understand, almost like she expected me to know.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The facility was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Approximately $35,000 total with IUI, IVF & medications.
Describe William Hummel (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Hummel gave me the option of single or multiple transfer. He explained the risks vs benefits and was ethical in that he would not consider transferring 3 or more embryos based on my personal story (single mom by choice). I felt he was being very responsible in his advice.
William Hummel (retired)
2014 - 2015, Successful
From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!...Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
Everything at the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic...From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
Jen [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process...Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him.
We did the "success guarantee" plan [at San Diego Fertility Center] which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him. The only negative I can say is that he suggested moving on to donor eggs while I was on the table having the last embryo transferred. I thought the timing was not so good.
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process.
All of our IVF cycles were long prototcol with either ganirelix or cetrotide as antagonist, Gonal-F/menopur stimulations, Ovidrel trigger shots with Lovenox for blood thinners. The first two cycles were fresh day 5 transfers, transferring 2 the first time and 3 the second. We froze the rest and transferred them after the fresh transfers did not work. The last 2 cycles were frozen transfers with PGS. We used ICSI in all cycles because of my husband's low morphology. None of the cycles worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carrie )
Carrie did all of my ultrasounds- she was professional, caring, gentle, and a great resource for information. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciated her after I went to a different clinic where the nursing staff was not great.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and structured in a way that you will feel taken care of and not lost in a sea of numbers. You have your ultrasounds in the morning and then the whole group meets for a midday meeting so they can discuss your case together. They call you with an update in the afternoon. That way everyone is on the same page and there is no confusion. The same nurse gives your ultrasounds (mostly) and the same nurse draws your blood each time. They are not pushy, and don't waste your time. And the office is clean and beautiful.
We did the "success guarantee" plan which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
He was happy to transfer more than one embryo from the start, but I was 35 at the time that I started treatment and had low ovarian reserve. We discussed the possibility of twins- my husband is a twin and so we were up for it.
William Hummel (retired)

2010 - 2012, Successful
I was happy with Dr. Rakoff. I felt like he was up front with me about everything but will willing to let me do the IUI's even when it was clear he felt I should go right to IVF. He explained things to me clearly and when I was nervous for my mock transfer he was great about calming me down and letting me relax without rushing it...I remember unmedicated IUI's were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k
I remember unmedicated IUI's [at San Diego Fertility Center] were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k...Receptionist at the time (Frankie) was really great. Clinic was well organized and well run and appointments were pretty much always on time...There was one nurse or coordinator that I didn't like - I think her name was Chris but can't be sure. She was not very warm and did my first IUI, for which I was very nervous, and she had little compassion. The woman who always did the blood draws came in with me for that first IUI and was amazing - she was so positive and compassionate every single time I was there.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You have to have done your homework and know what you want. I knew I wanted to try IUI's first even though he felt I should just go to IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Was always greeted by name by the receptionist and nurses and Dr. Rakoff made me feel like they really cared about me and the process.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three cycles without anything and then 3 with clomid before moving to injections. I know he changed it up when I didn't have a lot of follicles but can't recall what was changed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra, Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had 3 excellent quality embryos and he asked if I wanted to transfer all three given my age. I said absolutely not but I was ok with 2 since I would be fine with having twins but not fine with having triplets. I have twin boys so I am really glad we didn't transfer 3. But it was my decision and he did not pressure me one way or another. Again, you have to know yourself well and stick to what you believe.
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Friedman from the start listened to all of my questions and answered them to the best of her ability. She made me feel like I was not alone. She explained everything to us and after the first failed cycle she adjusted everything in hope for a greater outcome....We visited this subject [Eset] and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr] was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in....The entire process was amazing, I had no idea what was involved and the entire team was amazing. Answered any questions I had with prompt responses. I don’t have a bad thing to say about them.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Even though you have a plan, be open to change as it never goes as expected.
Danielle was amazing, she was so supportive and made me feel like no question was too dumb to ask. She went over everything in detail as I had asked. Being in the medical field I wanted to know everything. She even gave me her personal phone number if I had any questions after hours. She went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in.
The entire cost for 2 rounds of ivf and 2 retrieval’s was $39,000 not including meds. Medication was another $9,000
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We visited this subject and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . ... From the moment I met her [Dr. Friedman] she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go ... MJ is amazing she replies promptly to emails and calls and is such a delight to interact with
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the moment I met her she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
No advice . She is wonderfuo
I first attended seminar with doctor Friedman and she very kindly awnsered all my questions with a good beside manner . Our interactions with her have been extremely pleasant
I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . Had egg retrieval and had 14 eggs retrieved and 12 fertilized and now have 6 embryos for freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic . All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go
They were able to fit me on for monitoring based on my schedual
25k for gaurenteed sucess plan
She advised becuase of my age and chance of multiples 1 embryo was recommended for transfer because focous is to deliver healthy babies
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr. Friedman answered all of my questions, took the time I needed, and was realistic about what my goals should be. She called my OBGYN to get all of the information she needed...She is very knowledgeable, kind, realistic, and has your best interest in mind. She was able to answer all of my questions, and walked me through every detail very thoroughly. She was also very positive and thoughtful, she helped me develop realistic goals and to have hope in the possibilities.
We weren’t notified by the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] when our genetic tests returned, so I had to call and get access to them. Once I did call, they were very helpful...The nursing staff was very professional. Our labs went great, and they even took our picture without needing to rush. When I called in to ask questions, they were always available and knowledgeable...financial team was helpful, and the overall consultation. experience was great.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would suggest they come with a list of questions and not be afraid to advocate for themselves.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a top of the line clinic, it’s absolutely beautiful, clean, modern, etc. They are organized and friendly, and seem to be very on top of every aspect of the business. You’re treated kindly, financial team was helpful, and the overall consultation. experience was great.
$15,740 for IVF without PGS testing and meds
She prefers single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We weren’t notified by the clinic when our genetic tests returned, so I had to call and get access to them. Once I did call, they were very helpful.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding.... After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
This clinic [SD Fertility Center] goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.... The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr Kettel took the time to review my case and clearly considered my specific situation when giving his recommendations.... He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!... The clinic is clean and beautiful, the staff are friendly, and their communication is great. They have gotten me into appointments really quickly and respond to emails and phone calls right away. I have not had any issues with anyone at this clinic so far.... [Cost Of Treatment] I have only had two appointments - the appointment with Dr Kettel was a $50 copay, and my SHG was around $300.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I came to SDFC as a new patient after having my first IVF baby at another clinic across the country and then moving to San Diego. My former RE recommended Dr Kettel, and I have been pleased with him and SDFC so far. He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Have a list of questions ready to ask him.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have not done a cycle yet, but he agreed to do whatever my former clinic wants, which is estrogen patches and crinone gel for a FET cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We would only ever do eSET with our PGS tested embryos, so I did not have this discussion with Dr Kettel.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
I was treated as an individual and was included in the decision making process of my treatment. Dr Friedman treated me with respect, always addressing my concerns and celebrating my victories with me as well...is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
SDFC is full of compassionate and knowledgeable people, from the people who welcome you as you enter to the doctors. The clinic is available 7 days a week so that you do not have to manipulate your cycle any more than is necessary. I even had a monitoring appointment on a holiday. This was a much appreciated aspect of my care! The wonderful staff and practitioners are the clinic's greatest strength!...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
The fertility process is a real roller coaster, with many bumps. You have to have realistic expectations of yourself and everyone else. And be patient. The fertility journey unfolds over time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was excellent! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, compassionate, and remembered me - which really makes a difference in how I experienced the process.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The doctor strongly encouraged me to use eSET rather than transferring multiple embryos. I probably could have pushed, but the scientific, medical, and personal reasons for eSET were very compelling, particularly since I had done genetic testing of my embryos.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Chuan always made me feel like she new my case and my issues, even though I know she had a lot of patients....for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo...She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
They [nurses at San Diego Fertility Center] were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually...For the retrieval and transfer it was about 15,000 and then the medication was about 5,000. Each time... They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was great! Honest and I have recommended her to many friends. She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
Make sure you go to the informational meeting the clinic holds about once a month, before your consultation.
I don’t really remember, but for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Just location depending on where you are coming from. They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
Temecula
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success...She is super knowledgeable and made every option very clear and understandable for a new patient. If anything occurred she would think of our best interest...
Every staff member [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V] was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect...The most amazing staff that treated us like family on every visit. They were invested in our success through every step of the process..The best clinic in San Diego by far! Every step of the way was clearly defined, open lines of communication was readily available, and couldn't be happier...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success. We are happy to say that after one round we are expecting a baby in February and can't thank Dr Friedman enough. It was sad to leave them after 10 weeks, but they will always be in our hearts.
She is amazing!
She was amazing and made sure we were aware of everything during the process. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Every staff member was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect
Total cost of $25,000
2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Park was very nice and accommodating. She thought out of the box for me and listened to my concerns. I did my own research and brought it to her and she ordered tests or treatments I requested. The only drawback was she didn’t fully know about MTHFR or believe that it could play a big role, but I think that I helped her to learn more about it and she’s slightly adjusted since.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic.... She [Dr. Park] likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.... $11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS... She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate- she will listen.
Dr Park was always very nice, she would listen to my concerns. She came to a hospital to do a fibroid removal for me since the hospital was covered by insurance and the clinic was not. She gave me treatments I asked for that I had researched.
She likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Mostly very nice. Could have better awareness of if someone is there for miscarriage follow up or chemical pregnancy etc so they can act accordingly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic. Dr Park was great, very honest and ethical and compassionate. Her team was very nice also and responsive via email.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
$11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
2006 - 2011, Successful
Doctor cared about me and my future children. Goal was to get pregnant and as as patient, I was willing to do whatever it took to get there. Doctor was very transparent...Dr. Kettel started with not as intensive treatments but adjusted protocol as needed based on results and age...Tammy was my saving grace. She brought the reality into the picture and was very compassionate and caring.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed...Very pleasant, organized with appointments, accessible when needed, very caring and treated patients with great confidentiality. I felt the staff genuinely cared about me and my future children and were great cheerleaders. I felt like they were family.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor is pioneer, experienced with excellent results. Doctor has a great team of staff to assist every step of the way, who are excellent caregivers. SD Fertility Center is the only place I would go, they know me and the best care to achieve results.
Dr. Michael Kettel has great outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed.
Dr. Kettel discussed strategies when it came time to decide on multiple embryos. Very open and honest.

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Chuan was always available and she took special care with all her patients. It felt like she was truly invested in my success...was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
[San Diego Fertility Center is a] Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant...22k for retrieval and first transfer, 4700 for frozen embryo transfer and 500 per year for embryo storage
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
Trust her treatment plan. She honestly cares and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant. Which are excellent statistically speaking.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse. ... I have already referred several people to her. ... Dr Friedman said she would transfer two embryos if we really wanted twins but prefers to transfer one at a time.
Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient. ... The nursing staff is great and very good with communication. Sarah was my coordinator and she has been wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I have already referred several people to her. She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse.
Discuss all of your options and the realistic success chances for each one. They have a great donor program that might be an option.
Dr Friedman is very caring and wants the best for your family. On my first visit she told me she would do whatever it took to help us grow our family. She is a wonderful doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious. ... The nursing staff were wonderful. They were very efficient. Everytime I had an appointment I was in and out within 30 mins.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is a wonderful and sweet doctor. She is very attentive and compassionate throughout the process. She always made me feel welcomed and comfortable everytime I saw her. After the first unsuccessful egg retrieval she asked if we wanted to try again. Knowing that we tied IUI in the past, she wanted to make sure that we emotionally and physically wanted to try the egg retrieval process again. During the follow up after the second unsuccessful egg retrieval, she presented us with other options. The process is not easy emotionally and physically. But her thoughtfulness makes the process a lot smoother.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She explained everything clearly, where you understand what's going to happen. She also took our feelings and emotions into account.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious.